Farberware Coffeemakers

Compare Appliances

Research top Appliances recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

A Farberware user for over 40 yrs. For more than 30 of those years, the Farberware percolators worked like a charm and were work horses. Like many here before me, I can't believe how they breakdown in a year or less. I have 3, 12 cup pots lined up in my garage. They don't make coffee any longer. They make tea. Hey Farberware, if I drank tea I would have purchased a tea pot. It's a shame that such an iconic American brand has lost its way.

I have loved my small Farberware 2-4 C Percolator. I've used it every morning for the last 2 years. Even taking it on every trip because it is the perfect size. But last week it stopped brewing coffee and it is just lukewarm. In reading reviews I see it is the thermostat & being MADE in CHINA, some people's coffee makers are breaking after a couple months!!! This is UNACCEPTABLE, Farberware!!! My family has been diehard Farberware users for 3 GENERATIONS!! Both my Grandmothers only used Farberware Pans, full sets. My Mother, a Home Economist & Huge Cook for a big family ONLY used Farberware because it was stainless & cooked well!!! When I registered for my wedding 30 years ago I only registered for Farberware because of the quality!!

To take your production to CHINA is to destroy your reputation on your products! These coffee makers should last more than 3 months or 2 years!! We should be able to REFER our friends & family to them because of quality. Come back to the USA for ALL products, Farberware. Stand by your products & your reputation like you use to!!

The BEST electric percolator I ever owned was an old Dormeyer. When it broke I picked up a cheap Farberware and was content for a few years. It wasn't as nice as the Dormeyer, but I tried a drip and hated it. When the heating element went I found a Farberware Superfast. The coffee was weaker, but as I'd aged, so did my tummy, so I put up with it. Then I had the "weak tea" look happen one day and found myself without my morning Joe, which really irritated me. Hubby immediately went out and bought another Superfast he'd seen at a thrift shop (he isn't the sort to put up with a complaining wife).

I hope to find another Dormeyer. My mother always swore by the Pyrex Cornflower pot, even though hers was recalled because the handles were falling off. Dad said he didn't care and every time he found one at a yard sale, he'd buy it just in case theirs broke. (I should have kept one of theirs.) Hope this helps someone have a happier morning than I had today.

I started using the Farberware superfast coffee maker about 8 months ago. It was fantastic - fast coffee, good strength. About 1 month ago the coffee came out the color of tea - weak and watery. I thought I hadn't put enough grains in and tried again - still weak. I tried about 10 times since to make a strong cup of coffee but nothing has worked. I loved the initial coffee but hesitate to buy another because of the short life of the coffeemaker.

Makes great coffee but the carafe is horrible! When you pour out (whether water in the pot or coffee out of the pot) it spills every time. What a mess!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farberware?

I have always owned Farberware percolators, and very satisfied with them. I came on this site to make a complaint as so many have with the same problems. Coffee tasting horrible. Coffee was not coming out hot. So wait! I go to Farberware.com and call their toll free number and explained to the operator. She told me to wash it out using Dip-it Lime-A-way. I can't believe it. I have my hot good tasting coffee back, and the pot is like shiny and new. I also started using the round filters so no coffee grounds would settle in the bottom. So I really don't have a complaint. Just wanted to inform everyone. It is worth a try. I am glad I didn't throw my pot away. Good luck everyone.

Farberware superfast automatic model 138 M. I have had this coffee pot over twenty years. Using it daily. I have purchased five different coffee maker, usually they last about two years. This has outlasted them all. I kept buying coffee pots that looked good with the decor. Wrong!

Just as so many people before me have complained, my percolator also stopped perking, after just a few short months. My pot was very hot, water very hot, but when I poured my "coffee", it looked like tea. I opened up the top and the grounds were barely wet. It appeared as though it perked just a few times and stopped, but continued to heat. Of course I thought it was my fault, maybe I didn't get the perk tube in correctly. So I tried again, and lo and behold, great coffee. Not so lucky there on out. So after a lot of wasted coffee, time, and frustration, that would be the last pot of coffee I was to get out of a $70 pot. Tomorrow I am off to Target to buy another brand. They have 2 others to choose from. I think I will check this site before I choose though, lol.

Coffee Pot was purchased 1 year ago. I don't think it should of stop working properly so soon. I tried new cord and still coffee is weak. Please help because I love my coffee pot. Sad but true. Kindly respond and let me know my options. Farberware 12 oz. coffee pot. #485F E70052 Model PCP.

Bought at Walmart. The pot spills coffee when it pours just as others have said. My personal frustration is the quality of coffee it brews. When I fill the pot with 6 cups of water and then transfer for brewing, I can see on the side that resevoir shows 4 cups worth of water. This has resulted in lots of wasted coffee because we can't get the ratio of water to coffee grounds correct for a decent tasting cup of coffee. It's either way too strong or way too weak. The coffee tastes horrible. I have been brewing coffee for years and have NEVER had so much trouble brewing a cup of coffee. I bought it 3-4 months ago when my 8-year old Mr. Coffee busted. This coffee maker is awful and a waste of money and I am now looking to buy something else. Just a shame I have to do that.

I love my 20 year old farberware percolator, so I bought a new and have struggled with the bitterness taste ever since. I tried several comparison coffees, creamers etc. but it boils down to the temp just being too hot and producing a bitter brew. Please understand I like hot coffee, but this unit's calibration must be off.

Farberware Millennium 12-Cup and 8-10 Cup Coffee Makers. I have been using Farberware coffee makers (2-pronged, Superfast) for over 30 years. I swore they made the best coffee I had ever tasted. A couple of years ago one I had had for many years quit working and I went out and bought a new, 3-pronged Millennium 12-cup and it made the worst coffee I have ever tasted (except for the one time I got coffee at a McDonald's that had some sort of cleaning fluid in it). I thought maybe it was that particular pot, so I bought another one. Same thing; terrible coffee. I then bought an 8-10 cup pot. Also terrible. I am now searching thrift stores for the original 12-cup 2-pronged. I noticed that the material on the inside of the new pots is not the same type of finish as the old pots. Whatever Farberware is doing now is NOT working and I am sorely, sorely disappointed.

Purchased the coffee pot. The glass dispenser with the plastic pouring spout spills coffee over the sides. It causes a big mess, plus loss of coffee. I wish we could replace the carafe. The coffee pot brews very good coffee and I like the ability of extending the time in order to keep the coffee hot. Please step up and replace the carafe. Model 103744. Purchased at Walmart.

I have been buying Farberware coffee pots for the past 25 years and am very disappointed with the product they are making. The coffee pot does not last more than 1 1/2 years. It just stops making hot coffee and doesn't drip all the way. This last one lasted only 6 months. Called the 800 number and it doesn't even list Farberware products. I will not buy another one again which saddens me because they use to make good products.

My 12 cup programmable worked perfect for about 11 months until I moved. I cleaned it, packed it, got to new place, set it up. Now it takes over an hour to brew a pot. Very frustrating. It supposedly has 2 year warranty but after the move can't find receipt.

I have never poured a cup of coffee that it didn't spill out around the lid. If I hold the lid back it helps but this process is very awkward. I used Mr Coffee for years but bought the Farberware brand because it projected itself as being higher quality. I have found that not to be true. I'd like my coffee maker replaced.

12 cup Coffee Maker Model #103744I got this coffee maker for a birthday present from my husband. This has to be the worst coffee maker I have ever had. 1.) When pouring a cup of coffee, the coffee spills more on the counter than my cup. 2.) When the coffee is brewing, it pours over the lid and down the carafe to the burner which makes a sizzling noise. 3.) It comes with a charcoal filter for the water but they do not have replacements. The one that makes me the most mad is number 2 because it could possibly start a fire or short out the burner. I have had it for almost 5 months now and thought maybe it needed to be broke in a little but nope. I am going to see if I can return it because this coffee maker I think is a hazard.

I bought my first 4 cup Farberware pot about 15 years ago lasted about 8 years. The cord that goes into the pot area just caved in that area. I bought another one it lasted about 2 years, just stopped heating and would leak from the bottom. Number 3 is now about 3 yrs old, coffee starts reperking instead of staying warm. I quit, will not buy again.

I have a model 103477 for a number of years, maybe 4 yrs. I notice in on the glass reservoir is starting to turn green. I guess it is mold. I clean the machine once with white vinegar and water, also with an commercial type coffee cleaner. The green mold is still there. How do I get rid of it? I would hate to throw it away. I would then get another brand. Can you help me with this problem.

12 cup coffee maker model 103744 - I bought this coffee maker over a year ago. Within the first few weeks of owning it, the lid to the pot broke off. From day one, the coffee does not pour properly and it drips coffee on the counter. If you pour it real slow with the lid up, it will minimize the amount that you waste and have to clean up after each pour of a cup. I have tried for months to buy a replacement charcoal filter for the water reserve tank and have NEVER been able to find any. I am on a list to be emailed when they become available from the box store I bought it from. I do not think they will ever become available because I have a belief that this model has now been discontinued. I guess it is time to buy a new and different brand of coffee maker.

I just bought this product and discover the pot leaks around the plastic cover which caused me to burn my hand and leak on everything while pouring. Each time I have nearly as much coffee on the countertop as in my cup. I don't use because it makes such a mess and is impractical to have to cleanup the counter each time I use it.

I have used Farberware coffee pots since 1958. My mom gave me 2-4 cup size she had and I had it for 7 yrs. - it burned out. I have purchased 4, all 3 sizes for myself. I still have all 3 and they all work well, I love my Farberware pot. I love 2 to 4 cup most because just me, my others I use often when friends and family visit. One of the ladies wrote about being made in China. Yes they are now, I think Black & Decker bought Farberware out. I still have one pot made in USA...NO MATTER when my pot don't work anymore. I'll always buy Farberware. I make coffee twice a day most every day.

I've bought several Farberware coffee pots for family and friends and they all love them. This pot makes the best tasting coffee. I just sent a friend one that's in college. These pots are also easy to clean. When friends drink coffee from my pot, they buy the Farberware pot. I don't like it that they are made in China, but if that's the only way I can get one when I need it, I'll purchase it.

I have used these for 30+ years. As I drink a lot of coffee and use it daily, they burn out rather quickly, about 1-1 1/2 years. I've learned to save the cords from the old pot as they can randomly burn out too, but because of the quality, I have been willing to replace them. However, my last 3 pots have been junk and even shorter lived. A hole burned through the 1 pot in under 3 months. The 2nd pot started brewing weak, cold coffee at 3 months and my LAST stopped brewing at 6 months, after several months of adding more coffee to compensate it getting weaker. Sadly, the quality is just not there and I will be replacing with a different brand.

I just went through everyone else's complaints and I have to agree. We have been using Farberware Coffee Pots for 40 years and just in the last 5-10 years or so, they have turned into crap. We have tried other manufacturers and methods and they are either terrible at making a simple cup of coffee or just too inconvenient. I love the Farberware method! Now, they make them in China and even though they have a QC stamp on the bottom, the thermostats are just plain lousy, cheap, poor quality, and bad, bad, bad. I will buy a replacement one, because I like the percolator, but if doesn't last, I will have to figure something else out. This is an American tragedy.

This Farberware Coffeemaker should be removed... You waste a cup of coffee just trying to pour a cup. Your what grout gets stained. All because of a poor designed glass carafe... Give me a break and test your products before you put them on shelf to sell...

I have had my 4 cup Farberware coffee pot for about 8 years. I use it every morning and have been very happy with my coffee. Last week I prepared the coffee pot in my usual way and about 4 seconds after I plugged it in, the pot made an exploding sound and flames came out of the electric connection - where the pot and electric cord connect. My granite counter top and tile back splash was covered in black ash and luckily the pot was not directly under my cabinets. Otherwise the flames surely would've caused extensive damage. Initially I thought it was my GFI outlet but that is working fine. I have heard that there might be a recall on these pots and this surely is a defective one. I am now back to a drip coffee pot and doubt I will ever purchase another Farberware product.

I bought a Farberware coffeemaker just 5 months ago. Within the last month it has stopped working properly. It takes about 1-1/2 hours to brew a pot of coffee. This is the third coffeemaker I've purchased that has done this. All 3 bought within the last 2 years. I thought paying a little more money for a coffeemaker would mean it would work longer. I couldn't have been more wrong. This will be the last Farberware equipment I will ever purchase.

I have been using Farberware Coffee Pots for the past 12 years and they have been a part of my morning routine. Disappointedly, my most recent coffee pot handle rotted away in less than 2 years.

My wife and I have had a Farberware Electric Percolator for more than 10 years. When ours finally failed we decided to by a West Bend Electric Percolator. It lasted only a few months when the electric element failed. It was replaced under warranty with no hassle after a quick call to their Customer Service number. The new one lasted about 9 months when it too failed. This time it was the thermostat which shuts off the main power to the heating element after the perking period. The coffee came out weak because it hadn't finished perking. After another call to Customer Service and another percolator was sent, it lasted a little over a year and then the heating element failed.

We decided to go back to Farberware and purchased a new one just over a year ago. The new one was fine until a couple of weeks ago when the coffee started getting weaker. One morning the coffee came out almost clear and we noticed the perking period was only about 50 seconds instead of the usual 3 or 4 minutes. Obviously it was the thermostat. I decided to see if I could repair it and opened the bottom (very simple with a nut driver). The electric circuit is very simple. There is the heating element and a thermostat. When the unit is plugged in the thermostat allows full power to the heating element. When the temperature of the thermostat reaches a threshold it opens the circuit and a smaller amount of power is applied to the heating element to keep the coffee warm but not hot enough to perk. The failed thermostat was opening the circuit at too low a temperature. I was able to replace it easily with the thermostat from my failed Westbend (same type) with a long nose pliers and a nut driver in about 5 minutes.. There is a DIY video on how to repair this on YouTube.

The problem is that thermostat failed after a few weeks. My original Farberware that lasted so long had a thermostat that was of higher quality. With the move of manufacturing to China, quality control has gone out the window. You can purchase the same crappy Chinese made thermostat online from Goodman's for about $6 plus shipping and on Amazon for about $10. Better get several because they will probably fail within 1-24 months. This is a huge problem for all makes of electric percolators. Farberware Customer Service (Spectrum Home Appliances) was of no help. If under warranty and you saved your receipt they will replace it, otherwise you are out of luck.

We purchased a Farberware 12 cup coffee maker for our summer cabin. When we used it we found that the carafe leaks badly. There is no way to pour the coffee to avoid it leaking all over the counter. I assumed we had a defective carafe and called the company to get a replacement. Of course I was at home and the coffee pot was 200 miles away at our cabin. The first call ended in frustration because while I had the manual, the model number and the UPC number, the number they were looking for was a four digit number on the cord! So, wait several weeks until we can get back to the cabin and look for that number. My husband found a number he was sure must be what I needed. No cell service at the cabin, so I had to call when I got home again, and relayed this 'obscure' third number. Nope, not it. So wait several weeks until we could get back to the cabin. This time I found a number on the prong of the cord. Called again. Wahoo! I had the correct number. However, the customer service rep said they can't do anything and I must take the entire coffee maker back to Walmart for an exchange. Really?!! For a lousy defective carafe?

First, I can't believe they made me call three times, to then tell me I had to take the unit back to Walmart for an exchange. Couldn't they have told me that the first time I called? Secondly, why can't they just send me a new carafe? I felt the rest of the coffee maker was working properly. Now that I have read all the horrendous reviews I feel lucky we have only used the pot a few times, and can't wait to get back up to the cabin and get it out of there! This has been a very frustrating experience with their "Customer Assistance" number. I do not normally get upset over things like this -- defects can occur. But to make me call three times -- then to tell me I have to return the unit to the store -- that really ticked me off. I felt I just had to make this complaint. I, too, thought the Farberware brand represented a higher level of quality. The shoddy quality was a disappointment. But the shoddy customer assistance was the real deal-breaker.

Farberware Coffeemakers Company Profile