2.30/5

161 Farberware Coffee Makers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 11, 2019

It made a total mess. KPac grounds where K-Pac goes. Sit out water/steam. De-scaled per instructions. That was yesterday. Tried it today. Same thing. AWFUL mess. I hate this thing!!! After descaling the water went through OK. Did it again and then the 3 times and it seemed to be unclogged so I tried it today and the same thing happened. ANOTHER MESS. YUP. I HATE THIS THING.

Original review: March 18, 2019

After a few months, the 3 prong cord no longer makes good contact with the prongs on the pot. I set up my coffee pot on a timer so the coffee is ready in the morning. Now I have to jiggle the cord or pry the contacts inside the plug so they make contact with the pot. That makes me very angry, at 6:00am, when my coffee isn't ready as expected. My first pot, made in The Bronx, NY, was purchased in 1978 and worked until 2010. Now the Chinese versions are aren't worth a dime. Prayers for the company won't do anything. They really messed up when they outsourced to China.

Get expert buying tips about Coffee Makers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I noticed steam coming out of the flap door at the top where the reservoir is. Today I decided to film it to send to my husband. Blam! The lid flew open, the securing latch and spring flew off. Thankfully I was not in range of the flying parts or water. Examination of the latch to see if it would go back it revealed that it appears to have shrunk as it won't seat in properly now. SO now the coffeemaker is trash.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I bought one of these at Walmart and it worked for about a week and then wouldn't push the water through the brewer anymore for either k-cups or ground coffee. I am returning to store. Don't waste your money on this inferior product.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I wish I had read the reviews of others. It is crappy. It isn't friendly to the Walmart brand coffee K-Cups. It acts like they are too tall & they explode grounds all in the dispenser area. Water amount delivered varies with either not enough or too much. Maybe some stays in reservoir? And temperature isn't very the hot. The ceramic cup itself was still cold. Thumbs down! Gave it one star because I didn't think it would accept zero stars.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farberware?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I have been a faithful Farberware user for 40 years. In the past I replaced my 12 cup electric percolator with no problem. I have also replaced the heating element a few times. This past time I purchased a new pot. I’m sooo sorry. I purchased and returned about 4 pots. Tops pop off - all the grounds don’t get wet and coffee looks like mild tea with no flavor. Found out that they used to make the pots in Brooklyn NY but now make in China. So if you have an old pot get it fixed. I wound up with a Hamilton Beach pot.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Purchased this coffee pot from the local Walmart and after a few cups, 2nd day we had it, we started getting the k-cup grinds in our coffee. Unable to find a way to fix it nor to find the cause. Inspection of the k-cup after use shows the normal small hole in the bottom and the normal hole in the top. The cup is still sealed otherwise. The coffee is good if you don't mind spitting out the grounds as you drink.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I bought the Farberware Single Serve Brewer and the first time I used it steam started coming out of the top like it was on fire. I had to fan the steam to keep the sprinkler system from going off. After it finished brewing, I lifted up the top, the K-Cup grounds had exploded inside the dispenser and around the top going everywhere. Don't purchase this product unless you want to set off the sprinkler system.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I've been using Farberware Coffee Percolators for years. I purchased my last one about three years ago. Unfortunately, that coffee maker was dropped by someone in my home and it works. I then purchased another one about a month ago from Amazon. When I started to use it, the top of the coffee maker popped off when it started to percolate. The top did not fit securely into the pot. I contacted Amazon and they sent another pot straight away. The second pot arrived and it did the same thing. This top, hot coffee spilled all over my kitchen. I do not know what is happening to Farberware products, but this is unacceptable. The stuff they have at Amazon is irregular and inferior. I will have to find another coffee pot that won't put me in danger when it percolates. Sad.

Original review: June 4, 2018

When using the coffee maker, it started to overflow, then the scalding hot water spit out of the machine. I have second-degree burns on my chest. The problem was that after brewing x number of cups, the hole that pours the coffee into the cup gets clogged with the plastic it cuts out. I really wanted to write this to Farberware to see if after x amount of cups, they recommend cleaning out the hole and how, and how many times this has happened. Is it a bad design, or is it only my coffee maker? When it works correctly, it does make good coffee.

Original review: April 7, 2018

First time user of K-cup Single Serve Coffee Maker. Bought this at Wal-Mart because it was a good bargain. Following instructions, it dispenses about half of the amount selected and is barely warm enough to dissolve creamer. Plan on just throwing it away and replacing with a better brand. Very disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

First, be advised these reviews are all mish mashed... Not relating to any single one coffee maker... But ALL their coffee pots. This is regarding the Farberware One Shot K Cup. No matter HOW much water you pour in, the thing leaks out the back BADLY. We do not overfill it... It's up to the 4 or max, and as it's brewing, water is flowing down the back from the hole for steam... Onto our counters. Even at a half filled it does this. Clearly it's got issues... If you have a countertop you care about... Suck it up and just buy an expensive Keurig our something similar. This is GARBAGE... Typical of Wal-Mart and Target selling JUNK. BAD PRODUCT.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

This is the worst coffee maker ever made. It shuts off on its own, leaks the water in the back and sometimes doesn't even pour my full cup of coffee giving me less than half cup. I've wasted so many pods having to make a new cup because of it...good thing this was a gift because I wouldn't spend $2 On this piece of crap let alone $35... Bottom line, don't buy it!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

The Farberware Coffee Maker is simple to use & it gets the job done. However, the only feature that I like about this coffee maker is the auto setting, which could be quicker. Setting the time & the delay setting takes too long. Also, the clock doesn’t light up and you have to get right up on it to see the time. You can’t set the coffee maker to warm once it shuts itself off so you have to reheat in the microwave or just make another fresh pot. It is a bottom of the line coffee maker. I liked my previous one better but it quit working & I couldn't afford a better one.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

It is a reliable percolator and I like that it will percolate a full twelve cups of coffee in ten minutes. Also, the coffee is never bitter. I use a small paper filter in the basket to prevent coffee grinds from getting into the coffee. However, there are too many parts that need to be cleaned and the main pot, itself, cannot be submerged in water. Would also be nice if it had a built in timer so that you can prepare the coffee the night before and awake to the smell of a fresh pot of coffee. But this coffee maker meets my needs and has been doing so for over forty years. It is very simple to use and can be put together relatively fast. The coffee always tastes delicious and is just the correct temperature.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I like that I can set the time to make my morning of coffee without me rushing around and that I will not be late. I also like that it fits under the cabinet and does not take up too much room. However, I don't like the heating pad. I wish that it would not get so scratched. When it gets scratched it starts to rust and then marks up the pot. It would be nice if it could be make of a more long lasting material like maybe cast iron. But my current coffee maker is very easy for me to make a few cups of coffee. The light weight also makes it easy for me to move and clean under. I am surprised to the fact the coffee maker has lasted me 3 years so that's not bad.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

The brand is relatively inexpensive and easy to find at a number of retailers. The model that I purchased is a good standard coffee maker that meets my needs and expectations. It is pretty simple to use as well. I enjoy the K-cup slot that is included in this model, but it was a little complicated at first.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

The coffee maker is simple and the coffee is made quickly. It provides single serving cups. I like the stainless steel veneer and I like that it is compact because I am the only one in the house that drinks coffee. However, I do not know the inside will rust quickly (less than a year). It is alarming to know that you could have possibly ingested rust. Also, each morning I make coffee the steam rises from the coffee pot and it sits underneath my kitchen cabinet and has warped the wood. But the coffee maker meets most of my standards. I enjoy the 1 or 2 cups of coffee I drink each morning and the price also was fair.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I like that it is small and I can make on 1 or 2 cups easily if that is what I need. I also like that there is a measuring scoop that comes with the coffee maker and that there is a measuring item to let you see how much water you put in. However there is no feature to turn the pot on to warm after the coffee has been finished for over 2 hrs. I would like a feature to rewarm coffee that has gotten cold as I would like to make a full pot, 4 cups, and warm a cup up later in the morning. But the coffee maker is very easy to use. It very much meets my needs, as I am the only coffee drinker in the household, so the small four cup coffee maker is perfect for me.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

The Farberware Coffee Maker is small and fits on my counter well, and I don't have a lot of counter space. It's big enough to make a full pot when I need it, and it keeps the coffee hot throughout the day without burning it. However, a timer would be nice. If it had one, I would remember to use it in the mornings, instead of only ever once in a while. That would save me money in the long run because I wouldn't be buying Monsters. Nevertheless, it does what it should and makes coffee just fine. It is simple and meets all my needs and expectations. It is the perfect size for what I need.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

The coffee maker I own can do single serve cups of coffee. We can use regular ground coffee as well as K-cups. Farberware Coffee Makers is a good brand but shouldn't do single serve coffee makers. Like that it is easy to clean all pieces. You have to put in a lot of water to get a regular cup of coffee. I would make it so that you can put in the exact amount of water for your cup. They need to do a lot of improving to make me want to buy another single serve coffee maker. Other than that, it's simple to use and easy to clean all parts of the coffee maker but doesn't meet my expectations.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I like the auto start feature where you can set the time of when you want the coffee pot to turn on. I also like the feature of it shutting itself off after two hours, so you never have to wonder if you shut the coffee pot off. I like everything about my coffee maker, but I would consider a better design of the part that holds the coffee filter. Other than that, Farberware is very simplified and it meets both my needs and expectations. Coffee is ready when I want it to be ready, which makes it easier for a busy day, as well as great for get-togethers.

Original review: July 31, 2017

This coffee percolator is very simple to use. Put the water in and then coffee in top chamber, then you plug it in the wall, and let it run its course. Also, it is easy to store when not in use. This percolator last a very long time. I have had it approximately 8 years. I like and buy a lot of Farberware from the percolator to the pots and pans. They are made very well.

Original review: July 30, 2017

I like that I can set the coffee maker to turn on at a certain time and it was a really good price for the size that I wanted. I also really like the reusable filter. Sometimes I think it would be nice if I could keep the coffee maker on a little longer. Also, sometimes I can't finish my coffee before the coffee maker shuts off so it would be nice if the warming function was an hour longer. Other than that, this coffee maker is very easy to use. It is exactly right for my needs and the ability to set it for a certain time really makes my life easy especially with the reusable filter.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I like the way Farberware looks and that the pot is enclosed on three sides. It has a CLEAN cycle and a permanent filter. Although I do use the paper filter as it did get a few grounds in the coffee when I don't. It has a stainless looking exterior that blends in with the other appliances. Sometimes I would like it to be a little shorter as it has little room left if I slide it to the back of the counter under the cabinets. I leave it out toward the front when brewing because of the steam and I don't think that would be good for the wood. Other than that, I have enjoyed the brewed coffee. We used to go to Dodges for that but not now. It is very simple to use and it meets my needs and does everything that I expected that it would. All I needed was brewed coffee and that's what I get.

Original review: July 28, 2017

Farberware is a simple coffee maker. It has one button and that's the on button. Very simple and easy to use and I get everything ready and push the on button. This brand has lasted me 2 years without any issues. I bought it based on price. I wasn't looking for anything extravagant and expensive but just something to make coffee. I'm happy with my cheap coffee maker. It gets the job done.

Original review: July 27, 2017

I like the fact that I can set the alarm on the pot and the coffee maker will have my coffee ready when I get up. I like the heavy duty carafe that comes with the pot also. I like everything about my coffee pot. The only thing I would have liked better was a cheaper price. I would also like to see it come in some different colors than it has. Overall, it is very simple to use and clean. It meets all my needs and expectations. It is one of the best coffee makers on the market.

Original review: July 26, 2017

It was a classic coffee maker. I wanted to upgrade to a new model. It worked perfectly fine it just was outdated and I wanted a new one. Keurig is just the new coffee machine. It is faster, smaller, quicker and more convenient to have in the kitchen although it does not make as much as a regular pot would. It is more simple, cuter and I love it. It is smaller to keep on the counter with the other appliances and also matches the other appliances that are in our kitchen.

Original review: July 26, 2017

When I bought the Farberware Coffee Makers, I needed it work and it had the right amount cups that I needed and brewed fast. Reasonably priced as well. But the LED light should be on the front instead of on the side so that you know to remember to turn it off. Other than that, it's small and convenient, fits my needs and does what it's supposed to do. The containers that I use to put the tea in (which is what I use it for) I don't need to add anything to it, as it fills it with no problems.

Original review: July 25, 2017

It brews 5-10 cups which is enough for me on a daily status. I only use one kind of coffee for this pot. Better than all the rest I have had so far and I have had a lot of them. It is small and fits on counter fine. It serves the purpose for what I use it for and nothing beats this coffee pot. It is simple, programmable and easy to fill and clean even the filter. Sometimes I use a paper filter to make it easier. It is quiet in brewing too.

Farberware expert review by Jonathan Trout

Along with blenders, fryers, cookers and toasters, Farberware makes five models of home coffee makers. You can choose from two sizes of drip coffee makers or three sizes of percolating coffee makers.

• 5-Cup Coffee Maker: Farberware’s 5-Cup Digital Coffee Maker is designed to brew coffee for one or two people. It features a programmable brew-start timer and a precision pour carafe to prevent drips as you pour. It also includes a permanent filter, and the base keeps the carafe warm for three hours after brewing has stopped. The 5-Cup Digital Coffee Maker is $17.92.

• 12-Cup Coffee Maker: The 12-Cup Digital Coffee Maker features a brew-start timer and a warming base to keep coffee warm for four hours after brewing has stopped. It also comes with a brew-strength feature that lets you choose from strong, gourmet, bold and normal coffee strength settings.

• Percolator coffee makers: Farberware makes three sizes of its percolator coffee maker: 4-, 8- and 12-cups. The percolator coffee maker is made of stainless steel. The percolating brew method improves your coffee's flavor through extraction by heating the water up to 25 degrees hotter than drip coffee makers. The 4-cup is $59.99, the 8-cup is $69.99 and the 12-cup is $79.99.

• Warranties: The percolator coffee makers and the 5-Cup Coffee Maker all come with a two-year limited warranty. The 12-Cup Coffee Maker doesn’t list a specified warranty.

• Best for: consumers wanting a drip or percolating coffee maker.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout