2. Homeowners

Farberware Coffee Makers

Farberware Coffee Makers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.26/5

Farberware Coffee Makers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farberware Coffee Makers?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farberware?

Original review: May 28, 2020

Purchased approx. 3 months ago. 2 pods a day made. Started to make less than a cup. Followed cleaning instructions. Got worse. Then wouldn't pump water. Following cleaning instructions again. Won't work at all. This thing is a piece of junk. Don't waste your money.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

Replacement time is horrendous for a coffee maker. The FW sales rep was courteous and quite helpful in replacing my coffee pot. However, the policy and procedure by FW (Spectrum) is not satisfactory. They want me to ship the cut cord and check for $7.50 for shipping; then they will ship the replacement. So... 3 days for them to receive the cord & check, then 7-14 days to receive the replacement coffee pot. And they have no provisions for me to pay for expedited shipping. Are you kidding? Why would I buy another Farberware (FW) product?

Get buying tips about Coffee Makers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING NEW FROM FARBERWARE! Go on e-bay, to flea markets, garage sales, estate sales, AND find A USED ONE "because" the older vintage ones were made very well in the United States! Farberware has sold out to CHINA and NOW they are JUNK! JUNK! JUNK! So stick with this brand, it's been around since the 1930's BUT DON'T BUY ANYTHING NEW FROM THIS FARBERWARE BRAND! Buy old-days used! I bought a #134 (two to 4 cup) Farberware Coffee Maker from e-bay and cleaned it all up, bought a new glass cap so I can see the coffee percolating (order the larger glass size from Ace Hardware, the old ones had plastic caps that oxidized over the years~the new Overseas MADE COFFEEMAKERS HAVE BLACK Caps and they are are thin & black~Gross!). Sooo Farberware is still around but reach back into the older ones made in the US. You won't be sorry then!

Original review: July 12, 2019

I bought the Farberware K Cup coffee maker 9 months ago. After seven months it started leaking steam from the top and dripping onto my counter thereby only making a quarter cup of coffee. When I tried to get a user manual online they wanted me to pay for a technician to give me answers. This is the first Farberware item I've ever bought. I will not by anything else from them.

Original review: June 19, 2019

My mother has used Farberware percolator for many years, however quality is not what it used to be. After months of use they perk weak coffee. She fools hers by using ice cubes instead of tap water so the coffee is not watery weak since it appears not to perk long enough. I would not spend another cent on these. I have a 4 cup and 12 cup but they are my last donations to Farberware junk.

Original review: May 11, 2019

It made a total mess. KPac grounds where K-Pac goes. Sit out water/steam. De-scaled per instructions. That was yesterday. Tried it today. Same thing. AWFUL mess. I hate this thing!!! After descaling the water went through OK. Did it again and then the 3 times and it seemed to be unclogged so I tried it today and the same thing happened. ANOTHER MESS. YUP. I HATE THIS THING.

Original review: March 18, 2019

After a few months, the 3 prong cord no longer makes good contact with the prongs on the pot. I set up my coffee pot on a timer so the coffee is ready in the morning. Now I have to jiggle the cord or pry the contacts inside the plug so they make contact with the pot. That makes me very angry, at 6:00am, when my coffee isn't ready as expected. My first pot, made in The Bronx, NY, was purchased in 1978 and worked until 2010. Now the Chinese versions are aren't worth a dime. Prayers for the company won't do anything. They really messed up when they outsourced to China.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I noticed steam coming out of the flap door at the top where the reservoir is. Today I decided to film it to send to my husband. Blam! The lid flew open, the securing latch and spring flew off. Thankfully I was not in range of the flying parts or water. Examination of the latch to see if it would go back it revealed that it appears to have shrunk as it won't seat in properly now. SO now the coffeemaker is trash.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I bought one of these at Walmart and it worked for about a week and then wouldn't push the water through the brewer anymore for either k-cups or ground coffee. I am returning to store. Don't waste your money on this inferior product.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I wish I had read the reviews of others. It is crappy. It isn't friendly to the Walmart brand coffee K-Cups. It acts like they are too tall & they explode grounds all in the dispenser area. Water amount delivered varies with either not enough or too much. Maybe some stays in reservoir? And temperature isn't very the hot. The ceramic cup itself was still cold. Thumbs down! Gave it one star because I didn't think it would accept zero stars.

Farberware author review by Jonathan Trout

Along with blenders, fryers, cookers and toasters, Farberware makes five models of home coffee makers. You can choose from two sizes of drip coffee makers or three sizes of percolating coffee makers.

• 5-Cup Coffee Maker: Farberware’s 5-Cup Digital Coffee Maker is designed to brew coffee for one or two people. It features a programmable brew-start timer and a precision pour carafe to prevent drips as you pour. It also includes a permanent filter, and the base keeps the carafe warm for three hours after brewing has stopped. The 5-Cup Digital Coffee Maker is $17.92.

• 12-Cup Coffee Maker: The 12-Cup Digital Coffee Maker features a brew-start timer and a warming base to keep coffee warm for four hours after brewing has stopped. It also comes with a brew-strength feature that lets you choose from strong, gourmet, bold and normal coffee strength settings.

• Percolator coffee makers: Farberware makes three sizes of its percolator coffee maker: 4-, 8- and 12-cups. The percolator coffee maker is made of stainless steel. The percolating brew method improves your coffee's flavor through extraction by heating the water up to 25 degrees hotter than drip coffee makers. The 4-cup is $59.99, the 8-cup is $69.99 and the 12-cup is $79.99.

• Warranties: The percolator coffee makers and the 5-Cup Coffee Maker all come with a two-year limited warranty. The 12-Cup Coffee Maker doesn’t list a specified warranty.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team