4.09/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Farberware Coffee Makers

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 16, 2017

148 Farberware Coffee Makers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

The Farberware Coffee Maker is simple to use & it gets the job done. However, the only feature that I like about this coffee maker is the auto setting, which could be quicker. Setting the time & the delay setting takes too long. Also, the clock doesn’t light up and you have to get right up on it to see the time. You can’t set the coffee maker to warm once it shuts itself off so you have to reheat in the microwave or just make another fresh pot. It is a bottom of the line coffee maker. I liked my previous one better but it quit working & I couldn't afford a better one.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

It is a reliable percolator and I like that it will percolate a full twelve cups of coffee in ten minutes. Also, the coffee is never bitter. I use a small paper filter in the basket to prevent coffee grinds from getting into the coffee. However, there are too many parts that need to be cleaned and the main pot, itself, cannot be submerged in water. Would also be nice if it had a built in timer so that you can prepare the coffee the night before and awake to the smell of a fresh pot of coffee. But this coffee maker meets my needs and has been doing so for over forty years. It is very simple to use and can be put together relatively fast. The coffee always tastes delicious and is just the correct temperature.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I like that I can set the time to make my morning of coffee without me rushing around and that I will not be late. I also like that it fits under the cabinet and does not take up too much room. However, I don't like the heating pad. I wish that it would not get so scratched. When it gets scratched it starts to rust and then marks up the pot. It would be nice if it could be make of a more long lasting material like maybe cast iron. But my current coffee maker is very easy for me to make a few cups of coffee. The light weight also makes it easy for me to move and clean under. I am surprised to the fact the coffee maker has lasted me 3 years so that's not bad.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

The brand is relatively inexpensive and easy to find at a number of retailers. The model that I purchased is a good standard coffee maker that meets my needs and expectations. It is pretty simple to use as well. I enjoy the K-cup slot that is included in this model, but it was a little complicated at first.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

The coffee maker is simple and the coffee is made quickly. It provides single serving cups. I like the stainless steel veneer and I like that it is compact because I am the only one in the house that drinks coffee. However, I do not know the inside will rust quickly (less than a year). It is alarming to know that you could have possibly ingested rust. Also, each morning I make coffee the steam rises from the coffee pot and it sits underneath my kitchen cabinet and has warped the wood. But the coffee maker meets most of my standards. I enjoy the 1 or 2 cups of coffee I drink each morning and the price also was fair.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farberware?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I like that it is small and I can make on 1 or 2 cups easily if that is what I need. I also like that there is a measuring scoop that comes with the coffee maker and that there is a measuring item to let you see how much water you put in. However there is no feature to turn the pot on to warm after the coffee has been finished for over 2 hrs. I would like a feature to rewarm coffee that has gotten cold as I would like to make a full pot, 4 cups, and warm a cup up later in the morning. But the coffee maker is very easy to use. It very much meets my needs, as I am the only coffee drinker in the household, so the small four cup coffee maker is perfect for me.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

The Farberware Coffee Maker is small and fits on my counter well, and I don't have a lot of counter space. It's big enough to make a full pot when I need it, and it keeps the coffee hot throughout the day without burning it. However, a timer would be nice. If it had one, I would remember to use it in the mornings, instead of only ever once in a while. That would save me money in the long run because I wouldn't be buying Monsters. Nevertheless, it does what it should and makes coffee just fine. It is simple and meets all my needs and expectations. It is the perfect size for what I need.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

The coffee maker I own can do single serve cups of coffee. We can use regular ground coffee as well as K-cups. Farberware Coffee Makers is a good brand but shouldn't do single serve coffee makers. Like that it is easy to clean all pieces. You have to put in a lot of water to get a regular cup of coffee. I would make it so that you can put in the exact amount of water for your cup. They need to do a lot of improving to make me want to buy another single serve coffee maker. Other than that, it's simple to use and easy to clean all parts of the coffee maker but doesn't meet my expectations.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I like the auto start feature where you can set the time of when you want the coffee pot to turn on. I also like the feature of it shutting itself off after two hours, so you never have to wonder if you shut the coffee pot off. I like everything about my coffee maker, but I would consider a better design of the part that holds the coffee filter. Other than that, Farberware is very simplified and it meets both my needs and expectations. Coffee is ready when I want it to be ready, which makes it easier for a busy day, as well as great for get-togethers.

Original review: July 31, 2017

This coffee percolator is very simple to use. Put the water in and then coffee in top chamber, then you plug it in the wall, and let it run its course. Also, it is easy to store when not in use. This percolator last a very long time. I have had it approximately 8 years. I like and buy a lot of Farberware from the percolator to the pots and pans. They are made very well.

Original review: July 30, 2017

I like that I can set the coffee maker to turn on at a certain time and it was a really good price for the size that I wanted. I also really like the reusable filter. Sometimes I think it would be nice if I could keep the coffee maker on a little longer. Also, sometimes I can't finish my coffee before the coffee maker shuts off so it would be nice if the warming function was an hour longer. Other than that, this coffee maker is very easy to use. It is exactly right for my needs and the ability to set it for a certain time really makes my life easy especially with the reusable filter.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I like the way Farberware looks and that the pot is enclosed on three sides. It has a CLEAN cycle and a permanent filter. Although I do use the paper filter as it did get a few grounds in the coffee when I don't. It has a stainless looking exterior that blends in with the other appliances. Sometimes I would like it to be a little shorter as it has little room left if I slide it to the back of the counter under the cabinets. I leave it out toward the front when brewing because of the steam and I don't think that would be good for the wood. Other than that, I have enjoyed the brewed coffee. We used to go to Dodges for that but not now. It is very simple to use and it meets my needs and does everything that I expected that it would. All I needed was brewed coffee and that's what I get.

Original review: July 28, 2017

Farberware is a simple coffee maker. It has one button and that's the on button. Very simple and easy to use and I get everything ready and push the on button. This brand has lasted me 2 years without any issues. I bought it based on price. I wasn't looking for anything extravagant and expensive but just something to make coffee. I'm happy with my cheap coffee maker. It gets the job done.

Original review: July 27, 2017

I like the fact that I can set the alarm on the pot and the coffee maker will have my coffee ready when I get up. I like the heavy duty carafe that comes with the pot also. I like everything about my coffee pot. The only thing I would have liked better was a cheaper price. I would also like to see it come in some different colors than it has. Overall, it is very simple to use and clean. It meets all my needs and expectations. It is one of the best coffee makers on the market.

Original review: July 26, 2017

It was a classic coffee maker. I wanted to upgrade to a new model. It worked perfectly fine it just was outdated and I wanted a new one. Keurig is just the new coffee machine. It is faster, smaller, quicker and more convenient to have in the kitchen although it does not make as much as a regular pot would. It is more simple, cuter and I love it. It is smaller to keep on the counter with the other appliances and also matches the other appliances that are in our kitchen.

Original review: July 26, 2017

When I bought the Farberware Coffee Makers, I needed it work and it had the right amount cups that I needed and brewed fast. Reasonably priced as well. But the LED light should be on the front instead of on the side so that you know to remember to turn it off. Other than that, it's small and convenient, fits my needs and does what it's supposed to do. The containers that I use to put the tea in (which is what I use it for) I don't need to add anything to it, as it fills it with no problems.

Original review: July 25, 2017

It brews 5-10 cups which is enough for me on a daily status. I only use one kind of coffee for this pot. Better than all the rest I have had so far and I have had a lot of them. It is small and fits on counter fine. It serves the purpose for what I use it for and nothing beats this coffee pot. It is simple, programmable and easy to fill and clean even the filter. Sometimes I use a paper filter to make it easier. It is quiet in brewing too.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I like it because it's a reliable brand. Almost everyone in my family owns one. Even when we go on our friends' house they usually use the same one as we do. I like the simplicity of the older models. The one thing I would like to have is a bigger coffee capacity. That would be useful for a bigger parties that I have. I would be able to make one pot of coffee. Less is more. I love it just the way it is. I wouldn't change a thing. It always works for me. I feel like a child would be able to make coffee in the coffee pot. That's how simple and easy it is to use. I would recommend her to anyone.

Original review: July 24, 2017

This brand is reliable and stylish. I have never had one break. I chose the R-cup model because I am the only person in the house that drinks coffee and this allows me to make a small amount and limit waste as well as having a fresh cup at any time. The carafe tip is the same for almost all coffee pots. You pour water or coffee everywhere when trying to use it and it's very frustrating. Other than that, this model is very simple to use and you can even program an auto start. They are easy and simple to clean and even comes with a replaceable charcoal filter for the water tank to help ensure a tasty brew.

Original review: July 23, 2017

I like the ability to push buttons on the machine and I can vary the amount of coffee made. The coffee is somewhat large and produces about 2-4 cups of coffee. But I would like to improve the size of the machine, as it does not contain the optimum levels of coffee that I would like to have in my daily doses. But I love the fact that the coffee doesn't taste like the machine. The simplicity of this coffee maker is absolutely amazing. I love the fact that I can use it everyday with ease and it is easy to clean as well. I like that this coffee maker is overall just easy.

Original review: July 22, 2017

It brews great tasting coffee and it stays warm for a very long time in the stainless carafe. It is quite simple to use and it perfectly meets my needs on a daily basis. I really enjoy that the carafe is stainless so I don't need to run the unit continually to keep coffee warm. It also saves electricity. I am able to take it outside or any room at home so I don't need to return to the kitchen for another cup of coffee. But the biggest drawback is the water filter needs changing too often. Also the water filters are quite expensive and it seems to not pour all the coffee from the carafe leaving about a cup in carafe which is a waste of both coffee and money.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I love the timer, and my coffee is always warm. I love that I can just premake my coffee and it works every single time. I would probably change the cord. Sometimes I feel that it is too long. Other than that, Farberware Coffee Makers is so amazingly simple to use, it's probably the best coffee maker I've had for over 10 years and it makes just the best coffee ever, every time.

Original review: July 20, 2017

It is simple to use and although it takes a bit to make it is like the perfect coffee pot for me. It's black, shiny, fits perfect in my designed kitchen. It's beautiful and it makes a good amount of coffee. But I don't like that sometimes it can be really slow and it could be smaller and more petite. I wish it could make ice coffee and it would be cool if it could be a little more like the Keurig. Other than that, I, my mom, my boyfriend, my friends and my dad loves it.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I use it to make my coffee. It's simple and easy to use. You pour the water, turn it on and it does the drip drip and makes the coffee. The coffee seems to be weak, but it could be the brand not the coffee maker. All in all, it's okay. It does what it's supposed to do.

Original review: July 18, 2017

It makes good coffee, was a gift from a now deceased dear friend. It may be a little old fashioned by today's standards but it does the job. No expensive pods or filters and easy to keep clean and doesn't take up lot of counter space. However, cannot make different flavors for individuals and a bit of effort if you only want one cup of coffee. I use few times a year, holiday, and it suits my family because we are not big coffee drinkers nor have a lot of company.

Original review: July 17, 2017

It's easy to use, my niece can use it at 6 years old. I like how big it is and how many cups it makes that makes enough for my family to have for a couple of days. I like where the grounds go in it, it holds a lot of them for strong or weak coffee or just the right amount. However, the plugin breaks too easily on it. I have gone through three in the last two years, the bottom breaks on it easily and the pour spout leaks on it, or the heating thing quit working, the plug will wobble. Overall, I have had two of them in my 30 years and it was about 15 years before I had to get a new one so it has been great.

Original review: July 16, 2017

I like that my Farberware coffee maker consistently perks excellent coffee. I especially like that the basket and other internal parts are made of stainless steel, ensuring that there is no metallic taste to the perked coffee. All parts of the coffee maker are easy to clean. The one feature of the Farberware coffee maker that I would change is the way to measure the water. The etched measurements inside the pot are very difficult to read. Any improvement in this area would make it much easier for people with limited vision. Overall, the Farberware coffee maker is very simple to use. It meets all of my needs and expectations. Very good value.

Original review: July 15, 2017

This coffee pot is amazing. It does everything I want it to and more. I really like that the coffee pot comes with a timer. The previous coffee pot I owned did not have a timer. It also has an auto shut-off after being on for so long. I can make up to 12 cups of coffee in little time. Would definitely recommend to a friend at any point in time. Overall, this coffee pot is the best product I have bought in a while considering coffee accessories. I love this coffee pot. It definitely exceeds my expectations and I would purchase the same coffee pot in the future if need be.

Original review: July 14, 2017

It's great that Farberware Coffee Makers can make coffee and hot water. I obviously love having the setting to have my coffee ready in the morning. I like and love it. I like the sleek look, too. However, the carafe is hard to clean. The water sometimes tastes like coffee. I wish the lines were separate from each other. This is fine for hot chocolate but not for tea. Nevertheless, it is so simple to use. Put the coffee in and hit the button. It also gives the option to make a small pot of coffee which runs it slower so that the coffee isn't weak. That feature is simple and fun.

Original review: July 11, 2017

It's simple to use and easy to clean. It functions perfectly well for someone who only wants one or two cups of coffee at a time. It uses k cups and brews fairly quickly. The turnaround time between brews is relatively short. But the cord is too short and water reservoir overflows easily when adding water. It spills out of the back and you don't always know that it's happening. Also, it does not work well for multiple cups as you have to wait in between each cup for it to cool down. Other than that, it has a good warranty and good customer service. Very good value for the price.

Farberware expert review by Jonathan Trout

Along with blenders, fryers, cookers and toasters, Farberware makes five models of home coffee makers. You can choose from two sizes of drip coffee makers or three sizes of percolating coffee makers.

• 5-Cup Coffee Maker: Farberware’s 5-Cup Digital Coffee Maker is designed to brew coffee for one or two people. It features a programmable brew-start timer and a precision pour carafe to prevent drips as you pour. It also includes a permanent filter, and the base keeps the carafe warm for three hours after brewing has stopped. The 5-Cup Digital Coffee Maker is $17.92.
    • 12-Cup Coffee Maker: The 12-Cup Digital Coffee Maker features a brew-start timer and a warming base to keep coffee warm for four hours after brewing has stopped. It also comes with a brew-strength feature that lets you choose from strong, gourmet, bold and normal coffee strength settings.
    • Percolator coffee makers: Farberware makes three sizes of its percolator coffee maker: 4-, 8- and 12-cups. The percolator coffee maker is made of stainless steel. The percolating brew method improves your coffee's flavor through extraction by heating the water up to 25 degrees hotter than drip coffee makers. The 4-cup is $59.99, the 8-cup is $69.99 and the 12-cup is $79.99.
    • Warranties: The percolator coffee makers and the 5-Cup Coffee Maker all come with a two-year limited warranty. The 12-Cup Coffee Maker doesn’t list a specified warranty.
    • Best for: consumers wanting a drip or percolating coffee maker.
    Profile picture of Jonathan Trout