Farberware Coffee Makers

Compare Coffee Makers

Research top Coffee Makers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

It was a classic coffee maker. I wanted to upgrade to a new model. It worked perfectly fine it just was outdated and I wanted a new one. Keurig is just the new coffee machine. It is faster, smaller, quicker and more convenient to have in the kitchen although it does not make as much as a regular pot would. It is more simple, cuter and I love it. It is smaller to keep on the counter with the other appliances and also matches the other appliances that are in our kitchen.

I like the ability to push buttons on the machine and I can vary the amount of coffee made. The coffee is somewhat large and produces about 2-4 cups of coffee. But I would like to improve the size of the machine, as it does not contain the optimum levels of coffee that I would like to have in my daily doses. But I love the fact that the coffee doesn't taste like the machine. The simplicity of this coffee maker is absolutely amazing. I love the fact that I can use it everyday with ease and it is easy to clean as well. I like that this coffee maker is overall just easy.

I love the timer, and my coffee is always warm. I love that I can just premake my coffee and it works every single time. I would probably change the cord. Sometimes I feel that it is too long. Other than that, Farberware Coffee Makers is so amazingly simple to use, it's probably the best coffee maker I've had for over 10 years and it makes just the best coffee ever, every time.

It is simple to use and although it takes a bit to make it is like the perfect coffee pot for me. It's black, shiny, fits perfect in my designed kitchen. It's beautiful and it makes a good amount of coffee. But I don't like that sometimes it can be really slow and it could be smaller and more petite. I wish it could make ice coffee and it would be cool if it could be a little more like the Keurig. Other than that, I, my mom, my boyfriend, my friends and my dad loves it.

This coffee pot is amazing. It does everything I want it to and more. I really like that the coffee pot comes with a timer. The previous coffee pot I owned did not have a timer. It also has an auto shut-off after being on for so long. I can make up to 12 cups of coffee in little time. Would definitely recommend to a friend at any point in time. Overall, this coffee pot is the best product I have bought in a while considering coffee accessories. I love this coffee pot. It definitely exceeds my expectations and I would purchase the same coffee pot in the future if need be.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farberware?

It's great that Farberware Coffee Makers can make coffee and hot water. I obviously love having the setting to have my coffee ready in the morning. I like and love it. I like the sleek look, too. However, the carafe is hard to clean. The water sometimes tastes like coffee. I wish the lines were separate from each other. This is fine for hot chocolate but not for tea. Nevertheless, it is so simple to use. Put the coffee in and hit the button. It also gives the option to make a small pot of coffee which runs it slower so that the coffee isn't weak. That feature is simple and fun.

When my old Black and Decker coffee pot died I went and bought this Farberware 12 cup from Wal-Mart. Worked great for about two weeks. Now the element won't turn on and it won't brew anything. Waste of cash. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone. On top of things they won't do anything for me because like most people I can't find the receipt to get it replaced.

Like others who have voiced similar discontent, the Farberware electric percolators (both 8 and 12 cup) I have owned over the years have tended to malfunction within a few months of use and most likely due to poor design or manufacture of heating sensors. I have not contacted the company to complain so I do not know what the quality of their customer service, but if they or any other manufacturer chooses to make their products in China or anywhere else for that matter for economic reasons for the company, at least get your product to work right.

My complaint is just like everyone else. I took it out of the box, made sure charcoal filter pushed all the way in but it leaked like a sieve. Quality!!! Not one bit of quality! Only good thing is the cash register couldn't get a definite price (which turned out to be $19.75 or so but I paid $8 because someone put it under the wrong price. Worst 8 bucks I've ever spent. Back to Bunn. Hey Farberware... You suck!

A Farberware user for over 40 yrs. For more than 30 of those years, the Farberware percolators worked like a charm and were work horses. Like many here before me, I can't believe how they breakdown in a year or less. I have 3, 12 cup pots lined up in my garage. They don't make coffee any longer. They make tea. Hey Farberware, if I drank tea I would have purchased a tea pot. It's a shame that such an iconic American brand has lost its way.

I have loved my small Farberware 2-4 C Percolator. I've used it every morning for the last 2 years. Even taking it on every trip because it is the perfect size. But last week it stopped brewing coffee and it is just lukewarm. In reading reviews I see it is the thermostat & being MADE in CHINA, some people's coffee makers are breaking after a couple months!!! This is UNACCEPTABLE, Farberware!!! My family has been diehard Farberware users for 3 GENERATIONS!! Both my Grandmothers only used Farberware Pans, full sets. My Mother, a Home Economist & Huge Cook for a big family ONLY used Farberware because it was stainless & cooked well!!! When I registered for my wedding 30 years ago I only registered for Farberware because of the quality!!

To take your production to CHINA is to destroy your reputation on your products! These coffee makers should last more than 3 months or 2 years!! We should be able to REFER our friends & family to them because of quality. Come back to the USA for ALL products, Farberware. Stand by your products & your reputation like you use to!!

The BEST electric percolator I ever owned was an old Dormeyer. When it broke I picked up a cheap Farberware and was content for a few years. It wasn't as nice as the Dormeyer, but I tried a drip and hated it. When the heating element went I found a Farberware Superfast. The coffee was weaker, but as I'd aged, so did my tummy, so I put up with it. Then I had the "weak tea" look happen one day and found myself without my morning Joe, which really irritated me. Hubby immediately went out and bought another Superfast he'd seen at a thrift shop (he isn't the sort to put up with a complaining wife).

I hope to find another Dormeyer. My mother always swore by the Pyrex Cornflower pot, even though hers was recalled because the handles were falling off. Dad said he didn't care and every time he found one at a yard sale, he'd buy it just in case theirs broke. (I should have kept one of theirs.) Hope this helps someone have a happier morning than I had today.

I started using the Farberware superfast coffee maker about 8 months ago. It was fantastic - fast coffee, good strength. About 1 month ago the coffee came out the color of tea - weak and watery. I thought I hadn't put enough grains in and tried again - still weak. I tried about 10 times since to make a strong cup of coffee but nothing has worked. I loved the initial coffee but hesitate to buy another because of the short life of the coffeemaker.

Makes great coffee but the carafe is horrible! When you pour out (whether water in the pot or coffee out of the pot) it spills every time. What a mess!

I have always owned Farberware percolators, and very satisfied with them. I came on this site to make a complaint as so many have with the same problems. Coffee tasting horrible. Coffee was not coming out hot. So wait! I go to Farberware.com and call their toll free number and explained to the operator. She told me to wash it out using Dip-it Lime-A-way. I can't believe it. I have my hot good tasting coffee back, and the pot is like shiny and new. I also started using the round filters so no coffee grounds would settle in the bottom. So I really don't have a complaint. Just wanted to inform everyone. It is worth a try. I am glad I didn't throw my pot away. Good luck everyone.

Farberware superfast automatic model 138 M. I have had this coffee pot over twenty years. Using it daily. I have purchased five different coffee maker, usually they last about two years. This has outlasted them all. I kept buying coffee pots that looked good with the decor. Wrong!

Just as so many people before me have complained, my percolator also stopped perking, after just a few short months. My pot was very hot, water very hot, but when I poured my "coffee", it looked like tea. I opened up the top and the grounds were barely wet. It appeared as though it perked just a few times and stopped, but continued to heat. Of course I thought it was my fault, maybe I didn't get the perk tube in correctly. So I tried again, and lo and behold, great coffee. Not so lucky there on out. So after a lot of wasted coffee, time, and frustration, that would be the last pot of coffee I was to get out of a $70 pot. Tomorrow I am off to Target to buy another brand. They have 2 others to choose from. I think I will check this site before I choose though, lol.

Coffee Pot was purchased 1 year ago. I don't think it should of stop working properly so soon. I tried new cord and still coffee is weak. Please help because I love my coffee pot. Sad but true. Kindly respond and let me know my options. Farberware 12 oz. coffee pot. #485F E70052 Model PCP.

Bought at Walmart. The pot spills coffee when it pours just as others have said. My personal frustration is the quality of coffee it brews. When I fill the pot with 6 cups of water and then transfer for brewing, I can see on the side that resevoir shows 4 cups worth of water. This has resulted in lots of wasted coffee because we can't get the ratio of water to coffee grounds correct for a decent tasting cup of coffee. It's either way too strong or way too weak. The coffee tastes horrible. I have been brewing coffee for years and have NEVER had so much trouble brewing a cup of coffee. I bought it 3-4 months ago when my 8-year old Mr. Coffee busted. This coffee maker is awful and a waste of money and I am now looking to buy something else. Just a shame I have to do that.

I love my 20 year old farberware percolator, so I bought a new and have struggled with the bitterness taste ever since. I tried several comparison coffees, creamers etc. but it boils down to the temp just being too hot and producing a bitter brew. Please understand I like hot coffee, but this unit's calibration must be off.

Farberware Millennium 12-Cup and 8-10 Cup Coffee Makers. I have been using Farberware coffee makers (2-pronged, Superfast) for over 30 years. I swore they made the best coffee I had ever tasted. A couple of years ago one I had had for many years quit working and I went out and bought a new, 3-pronged Millennium 12-cup and it made the worst coffee I have ever tasted (except for the one time I got coffee at a McDonald's that had some sort of cleaning fluid in it). I thought maybe it was that particular pot, so I bought another one. Same thing; terrible coffee. I then bought an 8-10 cup pot. Also terrible. I am now searching thrift stores for the original 12-cup 2-pronged. I noticed that the material on the inside of the new pots is not the same type of finish as the old pots. Whatever Farberware is doing now is NOT working and I am sorely, sorely disappointed.

Purchased the coffee pot. The glass dispenser with the plastic pouring spout spills coffee over the sides. It causes a big mess, plus loss of coffee. I wish we could replace the carafe. The coffee pot brews very good coffee and I like the ability of extending the time in order to keep the coffee hot. Please step up and replace the carafe. Model 103744. Purchased at Walmart.

I have been buying Farberware coffee pots for the past 25 years and am very disappointed with the product they are making. The coffee pot does not last more than 1 1/2 years. It just stops making hot coffee and doesn't drip all the way. This last one lasted only 6 months. Called the 800 number and it doesn't even list Farberware products. I will not buy another one again which saddens me because they use to make good products.

My 12 cup programmable worked perfect for about 11 months until I moved. I cleaned it, packed it, got to new place, set it up. Now it takes over an hour to brew a pot. Very frustrating. It supposedly has 2 year warranty but after the move can't find receipt.

I have never poured a cup of coffee that it didn't spill out around the lid. If I hold the lid back it helps but this process is very awkward. I used Mr Coffee for years but bought the Farberware brand because it projected itself as being higher quality. I have found that not to be true. I'd like my coffee maker replaced.

12 cup Coffee Maker Model #103744I got this coffee maker for a birthday present from my husband. This has to be the worst coffee maker I have ever had. 1.) When pouring a cup of coffee, the coffee spills more on the counter than my cup. 2.) When the coffee is brewing, it pours over the lid and down the carafe to the burner which makes a sizzling noise. 3.) It comes with a charcoal filter for the water but they do not have replacements. The one that makes me the most mad is number 2 because it could possibly start a fire or short out the burner. I have had it for almost 5 months now and thought maybe it needed to be broke in a little but nope. I am going to see if I can return it because this coffee maker I think is a hazard.

I bought my first 4 cup Farberware pot about 15 years ago lasted about 8 years. The cord that goes into the pot area just caved in that area. I bought another one it lasted about 2 years, just stopped heating and would leak from the bottom. Number 3 is now about 3 yrs old, coffee starts reperking instead of staying warm. I quit, will not buy again.

I have a model 103477 for a number of years, maybe 4 yrs. I notice in on the glass reservoir is starting to turn green. I guess it is mold. I clean the machine once with white vinegar and water, also with an commercial type coffee cleaner. The green mold is still there. How do I get rid of it? I would hate to throw it away. I would then get another brand. Can you help me with this problem.

12 cup coffee maker model 103744 - I bought this coffee maker over a year ago. Within the first few weeks of owning it, the lid to the pot broke off. From day one, the coffee does not pour properly and it drips coffee on the counter. If you pour it real slow with the lid up, it will minimize the amount that you waste and have to clean up after each pour of a cup. I have tried for months to buy a replacement charcoal filter for the water reserve tank and have NEVER been able to find any. I am on a list to be emailed when they become available from the box store I bought it from. I do not think they will ever become available because I have a belief that this model has now been discontinued. I guess it is time to buy a new and different brand of coffee maker.

I just bought this product and discover the pot leaks around the plastic cover which caused me to burn my hand and leak on everything while pouring. Each time I have nearly as much coffee on the countertop as in my cup. I don't use because it makes such a mess and is impractical to have to cleanup the counter each time I use it.

Expert Review

Jonathan TroutConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Jonathan Trout believes having access to free, comprehensive information on products and businesses is vital to making smart purchasing decisions. He focuses his efforts on researching and reviewing multiple brands across a variety of industries, with the goal of writing unbiased buyers guides to help inform consumers on impending purchases.    More about Jonathan→

Along with blenders, fryers, cookers and toasters, Farberware makes five models of home coffee makers. You can choose from two sizes of drip coffee makers or three sizes of percolating coffee makers.

• 5-Cup Coffee Maker: Farberware’s 5-Cup Digital Coffee Maker is designed to brew coffee for one or two people. It features a programmable brew-start timer and a precision pour carafe to prevent drips as you pour. It also includes a permanent filter, and the base keeps the carafe warm for three hours after brewing has stopped. The 5-Cup Digital Coffee Maker is $17.92.
  • 12-Cup Coffee Maker: The 12-Cup Digital Coffee Maker features a brew-start timer and a warming base to keep coffee warm for four hours after brewing has stopped. It also comes with a brew-strength feature that lets you choose from strong, gourmet, bold and normal coffee strength settings.
  • Percolator coffee makers: Farberware makes three sizes of its percolator coffee maker: 4-, 8- and 12-cups. The percolator coffee maker is made of stainless steel. The percolating brew method improves your coffee's flavor through extraction by heating the water up to 25 degrees hotter than drip coffee makers. The 4-cup is $59.99, the 8-cup is $69.99 and the 12-cup is $79.99.
  • Warranties: The percolator coffee makers and the 5-Cup Coffee Maker all come with a two-year limited warranty. The 12-Cup Coffee Maker doesn’t list a specified warranty.
  • Best for consumers wanting a drip or percolating coffee maker.

Compare Coffee Makers