eXp Realty

eXp Realty Reviews

About eXp Realty

Founded in 2009, eXp Realty bills itself as one of the fastest-growing real estate brokerages and has operations in more than 20 countries. It offers services for homebuyers, home sellers and real estate agents. As a buyer or seller, you can use eXp Realty to search for properties, connect with an agent and get a free home value estimate.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Easy searches for homes and agents
  • Free home value estimate
  • Cash offers without staging or showing
Cons
  • No local offices

What is eXp Realty?

eXp Realty is a virtual real estate brokerage with a global footprint. It offers services tailored to both homebuyers and sellers, as well as for commercial investors. Buyers can use online search tools to find homes and look for an agent who provides market analysis, local expertise, tours of homes and advocacy during negotiations. eXp Realty offers sellers free home valuation estimates and access to ExpressOffers, which gives you cash for your home without staging or showings.

eXp World Holdings was started in 2009 and is based in Bellingham, Washington.

How does eXp Realty work?

eXp Realty is an online real estate brokerage. Whether you’re buying or selling a home, you can use its website to search for an agent in your area.

Homebuyers can use eXp Realty’s search tool to search for homes by city or ZIP code and filter by price, number of bedrooms, number of bathrooms and other factors. An eXp agent provides advice and insight into the local housing market and guides you through the homebuying process, from setting up tours to negotiating offers.

eXp agents help home sellers put homes on the market, get the best offer and navigate the closing process. Agents use a cloud-based platform with resources to maximize your home’s exposure and price. A notable feature of eXp Realty is ExpressOffers, which gives you access to cash offers from institutional buyers without the need to stage or show a home — and with no obligation to accept. You can also get a free home valuation estimate to find out how much your home is worth.

eXp Realty fees

eXp Realty doesn’t list any fees for its services to buyers or sellers. There's no fee to use the site to search for homes or agents. eXp Realty doesn’t charge for a home valuation estimate. If you're selling your home and are interested in the ExpressOffers program, which gives you quick cash offers from institutional buyers, there's no charge to request and receive proposals.

eXp Realty states that its agents keep 80% to 100% of commissions; speak with your agent about the commission they charge for their services.

eXp Realty FAQ

How many agents does eXp realty have?

eXp Realty has over 83,000 agents worldwide, according to the company. Nearly 73,000 are in the U.S.

Who owns eXp Realty?

eXp World Holdings is the parent company of eXp Realty, as well as several other businesses, including Virbela and Success Enterprises.

Where is eXp Realty available?

eXp Realty is available in 21 countries, including the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brazil, France, Germany, the United Kingdom, Israel, South Africa, India and Australia.

When did EXP Realty start?

eXp Realty was founded in 2009 by Glenn Sanford, who is the current chairman and CEO of eXp World Holdings.

Is eXp Realty legit?

eXp Realty is a legitimate real estate brokerage with tens of thousands of agents across the U.S. Its digital platform is designed to make the buying and selling process “frictionless,” “empowering” and “stress-free,” according to the company. You might consider searching for an eXp agent if you don’t mind starting the buying or selling process online. Just make sure to talk to the agent about your real estate goals so you know they’re a good match, and ask what fees you can expect from eXp.

eXp Realty Reviews

Stars Rating

• 38%
  • 63%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eXp Realty?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eXp Realty?
    Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 2, 2024

I was searching for a modest house and Michelle was recommended by the lender. Upon initial contact, I immediately knew I needed her as my agent. I was quickly informed on how to approach potential houses and reminded of the basic rule sets that I was unfamiliar and quickly made familiar. Throughout the purchasing process, Michelle provided crucial tactical advice on construction of the offer and establishing contingencies. She provided options for favorable review.

She demonstrated problem-solving skills by quickly addressing lender unexpected issues like maintenance fixes and re-inspection requirements with a short timeline. She showed superb communication skills as an intermediary coupled with genuine care through consistent and timely updates and professionally executing agreed-upon courses of action. Future buyers and sellers would be amiss without this agent. Real estate is not my skill set and she is definitely a dependable guide in unknown territory.

Verified purchase
    Staff

Reviewed April 21, 2024

I would not use the company again! Have bought and sold houses over the years and first experience with EXP. This particular office has a lot of shady undercurrents. Lots of people are related and/or selling places within the office. We were under time constraints and a limited budget which the showing realtor told his family member who was the selling realtor. We were kind of coerced into not doing an inspection because they told us it would take weeks to get someone out to this rural area.

In the end the house needed $7000 worth of electrical work to get it up to code. We asked for half after we had moved in and was shut down. The seller was someone in the office which was disclosed. Avoid, Avoid, Avoid !!! We have always used Homelife Benchmark and will always again in the future. The whole thing has left a bitter taste in our mouths and hard to enjoy the house with this black cloud looming. Please research your real estate agents carefully!!!!

Get buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Contract & Terms

Reviewed March 19, 2024

Not given enough time to read the signing real estate listing contract, pressured to sign and then ignored my questions for hours and days. Avoid at all cost. Not cooperating, just terrible experience so far, lots of stress.

Customer ServiceContract & TermsPriceStaff

Reviewed Feb. 23, 2024

The realtor failed to get my sqft footage correct which devalued my home $35k and listed it as a 3 bedroom when its a 4 bed room not sure how much that devalued it. Even after this was brought up consistently asked for price reductions. He promised me several Open houses and door to door knocks with flyers. None of that happened. 1 open house that he closed after 2 hours and he was not even present. No communication skills and very hard to reach.

When I tried to leave my contract for another realtor because of my realtor failing me for 3 months my realtor refused to give me broker's information and when I finally found the broker's number and spoke with him, he was determined to ignored my complaints even when proof was sent to him. Contacted a lawyer and found out there is no way out of their contract as long as they posted your home on mls I would assume this is because they had many customers leaving. Truly the worst real estate experience I have ever had and I'm still stuck with them….

Customer ServiceContract & TermsCoveragePriceStaff

Reviewed Dec. 19, 2023

Kris ** and eXp Reality treated me questionably, potentially costing their clients 15k. On July 11, 2023, I put in an offer on a house she listed. She refused to accept the offer until the sellers and she could meet me at the property, and she didn't want to update this listing to indicate it was under contract if my offer was accepted. Not wanting to accept those terms, I instructed my agent to get her to accept, reject, or counter my valid offer. Not satisfied with my response, she began to harass my lender.

She started off asking if they could guarantee my financing (which they obviously couldn’t without a contract on the property), then she attempted to tank my financing by telling my lender the property had wood rot and that I hadn’t seen the house (I had seen the house), and continued to badger them about what sorts of loans I qualified for. At this point, I escalated it to eXp Reality, but I should have checked the BBB first. EXp Realty is reviewed at 1.5 out of 5 stars (link: **), with 30 complaints in the last year and 12 complaints in the last 12 months.

Not only did they not rein Kris in Ann ** also contacted my lender, asking if I had enough cash to cover a 10% down payment. The negotiations circled the drain from that point, with them rejecting my offer for 195k, but then lowering the price to 195k a week later. Only to finally sell the property to someone represented by eXp Reality (garnering eXp Realty double commissions) for 180k two months later. I’m not sure why there are people like this in the world, but I strongly recommend that you not do business with them. Also, if you file an ethics complaint with the board of realtors, it isn't published regardless of the findings, and you're not allowed to discuss their decision.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Oct. 17, 2023

Worked for them for 6 months, what a terrible organization. 1 DB for 2200 agents in Washington. Terrible service and when I decided to leave, they lied, tried to steal from me and even accused me of doing an illegal act. I obviously proved them wrong because all documents were in transaction desk, which I had to prove my innocence. Everything was date, timed and stamped showing all documents. They have been utterly terrible. They called my new DB and told them I committed fraud. They reached out to my new office manager and told them how horrible I was, none of them have ever met me. They run a crappy organization and no one knows much of anything. They do not give any help whatsoever, yes you pay less, but you get what you pay for crap. They said all the technology was up to date, it is not. You have to pay for your own CMA builders. NOT WORTH YOUR TIME! Find a better place.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Sept. 28, 2023

eXp Realty, Veterans United were FANTASTIC. They made the house buying process so easy! They kept in communication with us the whole step of the way. Answered any question we had. We closed early. Eric, Denise and Levi made our buying experience amazing! Thank you so very much.

Karen increased rating by 4 stars.
      Contract & TermsPrice
      After a positive interaction with eXp Realty, Karen increased their star rating on Dec. 5, 2022.

Updated review: Dec. 5, 2022

Issue has been resolved.

Original Review: Nov. 19, 2022

I hired EXP Realty on 7/18/2022. The contract says EXP Realty has 1 business day to post my listing in the MLS, however they took 8 days. The realtor I was working with said the market is going down and removed my listing and reposted it, however I did not sign a new listing agreement of the new price. My property was reduced twice with no new listing agreement. I asked the realtor and broker to release and cancel my listing and they refused unless I pay $3,269.95. They have now removed my property online from the public eye making me lose thousands of dollars since the interest rate is going up, yet they don't want to release and cancel my contract. They are purposely keeping me from selling my house and now causing me health issues. This is beyond unethical, unprofessional and unfair.

eXp Realty Company Information