3.39/5
Based on 1,374 ratings submitted in the last year
Call toll free
(844) 329-2663 Visit Website

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1959, Empire Today® has provided Carpet, Hardwood, Laminate, Vinyl, Tile Flooring, and Window Treatments to over 2 million satisfied customers. Offering quality, name-brand products, Empire Today can help you find the product you want, within your budget. Empire brings hundreds of samples to your doorstep. During your free estimate, an experienced Sales Representative will help you choose a floor, take room measurements, and provide an all-inclusive price estimate. And, there’s no need to wait weeks - professional installers can install in-stock styles as soon as the next day. Offering competitive low prices and comprehensive warranties, Empire Today is committed to ensuring your Carpet and Flooring installation experience is top notch and handled by qualified and experienced contractors.

2016 American Business Awards:

The Stevies Company of the Year - Consumer Products - Bronze Winner

The Stevies Company of the Year - Customer Service Department of the Year - Consumer Products - Bronze Winner

Empire Today Video
Empire Today Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

7121 Empire Today Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Empire Today installed carpet in my home and they did the whole thing – the main floor and then the upstairs. We didn't do the basement but it's okay. We had used them before at our old house and we decided to use them this time based on the previous experience. Plus they offer the financing so you can afford it. You can't come up with seven grand at one time but you can make payments to it. The installation experience was okay as well and the new flooring is real nice. They did a good job. It's all tight.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Buyer beware. The salesman was very nice and helpful, we brought them in to quote laminate for one room. There was a second room that we needed to have a transition installed between carpet and tile and after making a phone call the salesman said they could do the second transition. This was included in the contract. The day of installation, the installers said they could not do the second transition because "they were not the carpet guys" and told me to work with Empire to get the right people out there. Two tickets/work requests later I get a phone call from a RUDE service rep who told me they would not do the second transition and it didn't matter that it was in the contract and she was "sorry that it wasn't what I wanted to hear." Buyer beware, it doesn't matter if it's on your contract. The room that was completed, took the installers a lot longer than the salesman estimated, but they did a good job and they were professional.

Empire Today response

Jemmarie, we understand you’re frustrated and we're disappointed to hear that your installation experience didn't meet your expectations. We'll be contacting you to discuss a resolution.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

We already had hardwood flooring installed about eight years ago in our living room so we wanted something that was similar to that. We got the Brazilian Koa and it has a lot of character to it, and we found something that was a perfect match. The boards were a little thinner, which is what we wanted, and it looks great. We have a free-standing fireplace when we built the house. It’s on a slate but it looks almost like an upside-down sombrero so it’s very unusual and that was the problem when we went with any other places, like how they would fit around the base of the fireplace.

I liked the way that Empire could get the thing done quicker. The other places were smaller companies and it was gonna take them a week, 10 days. My husband couldn’t work around that. He’s in a power wheelchair and very handicapped. Empire was absolutely fantastic, from the guy that came in and quoted it for us. Their prices were fair. Then the installer was amazing. He and his helper were excellent, pleasant and hardworking. Once they started, they never stopped. I was dreading the installation and my husband sat there. They were patient with him and explained to him what they were doing. They moved back the large furniture then they got us all set up, took everything away and they cleaned everything up.

They would’ve finished on that Monday, except whoever estimated it shorted one box, and they already had an installation scheduled on Tuesday. The guy came back on Wednesday and finished it up and did all the molding. He was incredible. He made nothing out of the flooring. It looks perfect. We have people come in and they are blown away at how good it looks. I have already recommended Empire to several people.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

Our sales rep was excellent as is the carpet we purchased. However, the installation process was a complete and total nightmare and I cannot give anyone a positive recommendation to use Empire Today. First off, we purchased our carpet with the sales rep on 7/13/2019 with a scheduled install date of 7/17/2019. When the installers arrived they found asbestos in 2 of the rooms and told us they did not have the special adhesive to install in the other room that had ceramic tile and had to put the entire project on hold. We could understand needing to put the install of the carpet on hold until the asbestos was removed, but they should’ve been carrying proper install tools and equipment on their truck.

The installers left and we found someone to test and remove the asbestos. This was completed on 8/9/2019 and our carpet install was scheduled to be completed on 8/10/2019. Upon arrival, the installers arrived yet again without the proper adhesive for the living room and with not enough carpet to complete the entire job. Meaning they will need to come back a third time.

I’ve called into the 800 number several times for assistance and I have not been able to get anywhere. Just promises that the adhesive was noted to be on the truck and that we need to wait until Monday 8/12/2019 to speak with an installation manager. No one even had consideration of the fact that we’ve been in a hotel for the last 2 nights due to this, had to rent a U-Box to store everything during the asbestos removal and carpet install, and your installers wouldn’t help put furniture back even though we paid for the furniture moving service with the installation of the carpet. No one has even given us an apology or any sort of help. Needless to say, this has been an awful experience that I’m looking forward to being done with. For the amount of money we paid, I would’ve expected more from Empire Today and to have at least received some sort of apology for the lack of customer care and support given.

Empire Today response

Shannon, we're sorry your installation experience didn't go well. We'll be contacting you soon to address your concerns.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

Empire had very nice and knowledgeable reps. I purchased carpet from them and had them install it in one room. The two installers were very nice and they did a very good job. I like that the flooring is done and it met my expectations all the way. It’s a very nice carpeting, padding, and everything.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Empire Today?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

The salesman was wonderful. He brought in tons of samples and told us about every sample and the warranties regarding the carpet and was very clear and concise. The installers came in, were quick, and cleaned up after themselves. It was a very good experience all around. We bought the better carpeting with the better padding and it's got a good warranty for three years. I really like it. It has good quality and it's pretty. I would certainly recommend Empire to anyone.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

We have recently moved into a new office and warehouse space. We have had a bunch of renovations done to that office space, so when those were done we had Empire come in and install new carpet for us. The installation seemed to go ok. However, about a month in we began having HORRIBLE fraying around the seam in the middle of the room. I figured we could just call and have the carpet looked at and eventually fixed due to it being under both manufacturer's warranty as well as the installation warranty.

I have now called on 6 separate occasions and simply gotten reference numbers. Each time I was told that I would be contacted by someone to set up an appointment to have it looked at. And every time I called back, it was in the notes that someone had reached out to us and we did not answer. That is an actual lie. They have not only the business phone, but my work cell phone, my personal cell phone, and my Operation Managers call phone numbers. We have had no missed calls or voicemails.

Finally I did receive a call from Mandy ** who I was told is an Installation Manager. An appointment was set up for 8-9-19 but no time was given to me as to when the actual arrival of the technician would be. I informed them that our office closes at 4pm and I needed to know if I had to stay late. I was told it should be before them. At the time of writing this it is now 3:56pm and still nothing. This is very frustrating that there is such a lack of caring from the customer service aspect. I am in an Installation business and if one of my installers or our customer service employees treated a customer like this I would be sick to my stomach. Empire has done nothing but proven how unprofessional they really are. I hope this matter gets resolved but I am not holding my breath.

Empire Today response

Andrew, this is not how we expect our installations to go, and we'll be reaching out to you shortly to work with you on a resolution.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

The day our floors were to be installed they told us they wanted payment in full before they start work. We told them we will gladly pay for the materials upfront and the labor after the install is complete. They would not break out the product from the labor and cancelled our install. The contract reads we are only responsible for the material! Never use them!! Will never recommend them! Portland OR.

Empire Today response

Jessica, we regret to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations, and assure you that we take your concerns seriously. We'll be in following up with you shortly to learn more.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

We had some estimates and the quality of the carpet when we were looking at contractor grade with Empire was better than others. I'd like the guarantee, the 10-year warranty, and the quality. It was installed in our guest house in three rooms. The installers were professional and cleaned up after themselves.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Empire Today was a little cheaper compared to other brands and I had them install carpets in the living room. I’m very satisfied.

Empire Today Company Information