Call toll free
3.32/5
Based on 1,199 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1959, Empire Today® has provided Carpet, Hardwood, Laminate, Vinyl, Tile Flooring, and Window Treatments to over 2 million satisfied customers. Offering quality, name-brand products, Empire Today can help you find the product you want, within your budget. Empire brings hundreds of samples to your doorstep. During your free estimate, an experienced Sales Representative will help you choose a floor, take room measurements, and provide an all-inclusive price estimate. And, there’s no need to wait weeks - professional installers can install in-stock styles as soon as the next day. Offering competitive low prices and comprehensive warranties, Empire Today is committed to ensuring your Carpet and Flooring installation experience is top notch and handled by qualified and experienced contractors.

2016 American Business Awards:

The Stevies Company of the Year - Consumer Products - Bronze Winner

The Stevies Company of the Year - Customer Service Department of the Year - Consumer Products - Bronze Winner

Empire Today Video
Empire Today Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Empire Today Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

Empire installed sub-flooring and part of floor on Friday 11/8 and finished Saturday 11/9. I inspected the floor and found two planks damaged, poor work around a doorway, a cracked sill between 2 rooms, incomplete 1/4 round around kitchen island, poor cuts around bottom of stairs and defects in product. I took pictures and called and they sent someone to inspect by Tuesday. Byram and partner inspected and sent pictures to manager. Inspector told me installers would be back on Thursday. I then received a call on Wednesday from Gerry and was asked to give them some time to speak with manufacturer. I agreed. I had to keep calling over and over.

I spoke with Jessica on 11/22 and she told me all approvals are in, they were waiting for materials. They w/c/b to arrange date for re-installation. I heard nothing and called back 11/25. Did not receive a callback. I called 11/26 at 10:00 and left message. I did not get a callback. I called at 11:50 and left another message for a callback. Lauren called back and said there was no defect in the material. I said what about the broken planks and the mis-cut planks. She said I could get another installation at a discount. I don't even know what that meant. I said that there was no final coat over some of the planks. I said I was dissatisfied and for someone to call me back. She said I would hear nothing different from anyone else. They had all talked about it. It's one day before Thanksgiving and my furniture is sitting out on my deck, including my kitchen appliances. I'm still waiting for a callback. My experience has been more than disappointing.

Empire Today response

Pamela, thank you for making us aware of your experience. We assure you that we take matters such as these seriously and will be further reviewing your concerns.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

We had an appointment yesterday for Empire to come install carpet in the baby's nursery. They gave us an 8 hour window from 8am-8pm. The installer will be arriving so we had to stay home all day. We called at 3pm to follow up and the installer said he had another hour at the job he was on and was in Goodlettsville. We were trying to be patient and here comes 8pm and the guy never showed up. We never got a call. He wasn't coming. All of the nursery items are crammed in the living room and my husband had to move all that himself with me being 8 months pregnant. We can't sit in our living room with all the items in there from the nursery and Thanksgiving is going to be at our house this Thursday so it's very stressful! Very disappointed with the customer service!

Empire Today response

Ashley, we know your time is valuable and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We'd like to further assist you, but are unable to locate your order, Please email us at customersupport@empire-today.com with both your concerns and account information. We look forward to hearing from you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

Signed the contract on 11/10/19 for supposed "surplus material" they had on hand to install engineered stone (Canal Pier - Farmhouse Linen). Installation scheduled for 11/21/19. On 11/20/19 Received email confirming installation for 11/21/19. On 11/21/19 no one had called by noon so we called 800# only to be told that they hadn't had the product in stock so had rescheduled us to 11/23/19. No one had called or communicated this to us.

Talked to someone at 800# who transferred me to supposed warehouse person where I talked to a gal who said they had received the product. I expressed concern over the fact that we had supposedly purchased "surplus material" from another project. She promised someone would call me later in the day to confirm they had the product. No one ever did. I tried to call back to follow up at 5:00 p.m. and could not locate the warehouse person. 800# representative said they left a message for person showing on their notes. Communicated frustration to our salesperson via text. Decided two days wait was not that bad. Stupid me still trusted they would get it right.

Next day on 11/22/19 at 6:00 a.m. received email confirming installation for 11/23/19. At 10:15 a.m. received text message from salesperson inquiring if we'd received email confirming installation and I informed them yes we had. He then proceeded to inform us that that was by mistake that they did not have the product and would not have it until mid-December.

Our house has been packed up, TV's uninstalled, bathroom cabinets cleaned out and packed up. This installation was to be done before Thanksgiving when we have family come into town. I never, ever would have agreed to a December installation inasmuch as Christmas is my favorite time of the year and I do extensive decorating. I am so very frustrated and disappointed!

Empire Today response

Cynthia, this is not the experience that we wish for our customers, and we sincerely apologize for your experience. We'll be in touch with you soon to learn more.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Hired Empire to put in laminate throughout our entire main floor. They called us a few days before install date. Said our floor was on back order even though sales rep said it was in stock so we rescheduled for 2 weeks later when the flooring would be in. My husband took off work to be there the second time. They didn't call until 3:30 to say now the floor is defective! I cannot believe you would not check the flooring when it comes in and then notify the customer immediately. Now we have lost money because my husband had to take off work! I would never recommend empire to anyone!!

Empire Today response

Gary, we know your time is valuable, and we sincerely regret to hear that your experience was not what you expected. We'll be in touch with you shortly to start working on a resolution.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

The worst experience I have ever had, they tried to bait & switch to get more $$. I gave them 3 chances to get it right before asking for a refund where they kept $400. WHAT A WAY TO MAKE MONEY. I didn't want the 7mm the first time. I didn't want 8mm the second time neither was what was selected nor were they going to get another $500 for what was agreed on to begin with. Dont know why I had to give a star. I wish it could be a negative star.

Empire Today response

Peter, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We'll be in touch with you soon to learn more.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Empire Today?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I spent over 12 thousand dollars cash to get work done by amateurs. They have been out here several times, but still have tile popping up all over the floors. Baseboards installed with wood and plastic put together. Missing grouting and moldings along wall areas. The grout is so thin it is cracking in several areas. They have offered to fix these issues. But with the stress and time spent like 5 days now, I am ready to give up.

Last time they came at 3 in the afternoon on a Saturday after chasing them down for two days, they were here till 7PM and still so much was not done properly. We just asked them to go. They will take your money up front make you sign the job is complete {which it wasn’t} so you are pretty much at there mercy to try and get the project done correctly. They hire contractors just like Home Depot, they are not actually employed by empire. They are just sub contractors off the street. I myself loved my sales associate, she tried her best but her help could only go so far. My opinion don’t use this company for tile. My carpet was put in with absolutely no problems. That’s why they got a one star.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I will try to make it A short story. In July I had my dining room and hallway done with hardwood floors with empire. I also had my ceramic tile in my kitchen replaced also by Empire at the same time. The gentleman and his wife came to do the job. They were in such a rush to get everything done that they did one of the worst jobs ever seen. They also punctured a hole in my heating pipe. At this point he tells me that he can repair the pipe himself. So he supposedly repairs the pipe that’s leaking. They finish the job and I go to inspect. The corner of my kitchen where my stove and a cabinet where is sunk in and not sturdy when you walk on it. When you step in the corner you sink into the ground. So I asked the tech why it’s like this and he says there’s nothing he can do about it because there was concrete in that area. At that point I knew it was a total lie. I just wanted them out of my house at this point.

So now A month and a half passes by and we had a few cold nights. My heat turns on in the middle of the night because of the temperature outside. I get a call from my tenant saying that there’s water leaking into her bedroom. I have to call my plumber and he comes to repair the pipe that the Empire tech never fixed properly. My plumber said he put a little Band-Aid. I called Empire to tell them and they send someone out a few days later. I showed them the pipe and the large area of the floor that if you step on you sink into. The new tech tells me that the whole floor needs to be redone. So now I have new techs doing the floor and my house is flipped upside down once again dust and dirt. Nonetheless they said it would be a one day job and it is now turned into a three day job which I’ve had to take three days off of work. Never mind the fact of me not having a kitchen for three days and I have two children and a husband.

I called customer service at Empire to see what they could do for me for all of the inconvenience I’ve been through these past few months with their company and they offer me $75. This whole experience has been awful and a joke. I would never recommend Empire to anyone. I will be sharing my story with as many people as I can. And unfortunately you cannot give zero stars.

Empire Today response

Jacqueline, we’d like to hear more about your experience. We want all of our customers to be satisfied with their product and installation, and we’ll follow back with you to address your concerns.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

The installation process was a horrific experience and I will not use Empire Today again as a result. The installers took 11 hours and did not complete the job on less than 1000 sq ft condo. They cut themselves and bled on my furniture. They damaged my couch in 2 places. They used my power without permission by detaching my Google home device. They did not come with enough materials. They left food mess in my kitchen, around my burners. And one them tried to push their way back into my home after they had finished for the day and returned to pick up something they left. There is no communication with ET and there is also a lack of follow through. I have been inconvenienced throughout the process and can't even sleep in my bed because they didn't complete the job for a week. They are full of excuses!

Empire Today response

Jenny, we apologize for the lack of follow up that you've received. We've located your account and will be in touch with you soon.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I had the vinyl flooring and also carpeting installed by Empire Today in my whole house. I like the appearance. Empire's product has very good quality, and I liked their prompt response. The installation went very well. The installers were on time, they did their jobs, and they were very professional. My experience was very good.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

No customer service at all. From Calls at 11:30 at night. Documents they expect you to sign on a tablet without being able to read them. To a runaround of not being able to receive a copy of your own order. This place is now being run by Keith Weinberger as of 2015, whose only experience is sales. This place is not what it use to be... STAY AWAY....

Empire Today response

Todd, we regret to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. We've located your account, and will be in touch with you soon.

Empire Today Company Information