toll free

(855) 410-2095
toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Ordered new softener system online, info was very clear. Received unit complete with all parts and instructions, very easy install. Some plumbing required, but easy to do. Soft water to entire house with high flow rate to all faucets and showers, very satisfied customer.

We live out in the country where the water is hard so we decided to purchase a water softener system from Discount Water Softeners over the internet. The website is easy to maneuver and I liked it. Quality-wise, the system's running fine and I hope it continues. It has a warranty so that’s great, and their warranty is longer than Sears or Kenmore. Now, our water is softer and I don’t use as much shampoo and soap. The only concern is they gave a quick setup sheet and a manual that don’t match. But it wasn’t a big deal. The system was easy to set up. I’d recommend them because everything was shipped in a timely manner, the system came in good condition and their prices were reasonable.

I just moved into the house two years ago and the water softener system there was about 15 years old, so it was time for a replacement. I purchased the Genesis Premier unit from Discount Water Softeners through their website. It's a big model. Their website was very nice and easy to use. I just looked for the product that I needed. The website was easy to navigate and checkout was quite easy, too, so I was happy with that. But we had a winter storm that week so the delivery of my softener was delayed for a few days, and a rep at Discount called me directly to let me know that.

The item that I received is working well. I like that it's energy-efficient, so I was happy that they built it like that. It's nice and the quality seems to be there. Furthermore, the cost in relation to the quality was definitely fair. Since using the system, we're happy to have soft water. I'd tell a friend who asks about Discount to go to the website and look at it because it's easy to use and see the options. The Discount people were easy to work with. Moreover, delivery was quick and customers can get their orders immediately. The one-day turnaround, which is what usually happens, is very nice and I like it. Overall, Discount had very good customer service.

Discount Water Softeners

Timothy, it's great to hear your experience with our sales representative helped you find the perfect fit to help save your furnace and you're enjoying showers much more now with your new Genesis Premier 32,000 grain softener.

Thank you for letting us know the installation and hook up was easy with the quick pro connector kit, too. We're always improving upon our website for a better customer experience, and it's great hearing you enjoyed your shopping experience online. We are here should you ever have additional questions or need anything.

Original review: April 26, 2017

My water was hard and it was ruining my furnace, so I purchased a Discount Water Softener over the phone, and the representative was very informative and knowledgeable. The system that I purchased was the one that she told me to go with and it's working great. The parts came perfect and it was easy to hook up. Now, it's more enjoyable taking a shower. It feels totally different. I'm very happy with the product and all the customer service I've had. Their website works very well for me too. I'd definitely recommend them.

Discount Water Softeners

Fred, we're so glad you you were able to purchase your high-flow Genesis Revolution 32,000 grain softener, then have it shipped to Alaska. It makes us all very happy at Discount Water Softeners to hear you're using far less salt than the other models you used previously, because it does put a strain on our back having to go out and add so much salt with down flow softeners.

Adrienne helps explain that customers shouldn't oversize a water softener or it won't regenerate approximately every 7 days if your water is too hard. Each customer is different based on their water readings. We apologize if it was a bit unclear, but you have the correct size and it's working great, so we're glad she was able to help you with the recommendation.

Should you need us over the next 10 years with your warranty (lifetime on your tanks), please feel free to contact us anytime--we're here for you. Thank you again for such a detailed review, which helps other customers who are shopping online.

Original review: April 25, 2017

I work in an oil refinery and I work with some people who, like myself, live out on Anchorage. We have a well and our water was really hard. The only solution was a water softener. We got to talking about softeners and I told them what I bought. The first one I ever bought was a Culligan. I lifted about two 50 pound bags of salt a month. Then I got the Sears softener that was supposed to be one that measures the water, metered the water and it regenerated. I went through about 8 to 10 bags a year, a little bit less than the other one.

Now I just bought a Discount Water Softener. I got their product that meters the water that it uses and it self generates whenever it needs to be regenerated. I put a 100 pounds of salt in it when I got it which was several months ago. I went out there the other day to check on it and it didn't even look like it's moved down, maybe about two inches. It hardly uses any salt. Also, their website was easy to use. I had a couple of questions and I called up. I spoke with a young lady and she was very helpful. It was funny because what she was describing and what they had were different because what they had was one that metered the water and then regenerated. And she was telling me I need to set it to regenerate every seven days or something. I wasn't sure what she was talking about. And then when I got it, it was already preset to do everything I needed it to do. It was just a matter of me hooking it up and going with it.

I've looked all over and Discount's website had the best deal for the water softener. Amazon was about $150 more for the exact same one. I bought a water softener from Home Depot and I paid about $200 less but Discount's water softener has a better quality and it's gonna probably last long. It's got a really good warranty too. If it extend behind their warranty I'd be real happy if I need it. But right now, so far, I haven't had any issues with it. It's doing exactly what they said it would do and I hope it continues to do that. Overall, Discount Water Softener was very pleasant to deal with and they were informative. It was a quick and easy install. I didn't need any help. But if I had to had it just from all the information they gave me, I would have a got all the help I needed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Water Softeners?

Resolution In Progress

Discount Water Softeners

Adam, thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your input on your experience with us and the fact that you're enjoying your dual tank system and using very little salt with your upflow softener.

After you recently spoke with our technical service department we did forward you the correct manual and again apologize for including the single tank manual with your dual tank system.

We thank you again for bringing this to our attention so we could correct this for you. If you need any additional assistance after your product purchase, please free contact us at support@discountwatersofteners.com

Original review: April 24, 2017

Ordered a dual tank system for very hard water so that there isn't one large unwieldy tank that during low use times would sit forever before backwash in order to have enough capacity to serve the high flow demand periods. The dual tank system is great because there is never a time that you are without soft water. Main complaint is that the instructional videos online and instructions in the box are geared towards the single tank units and not dual tanks. Had to follow the included picture in order to figure out how everything went together. These instructions need to be re-worked. We're about 3 months in though and I keep checking the softener salt but have not yet needed to refill it. The unit is very salt efficient.

Discount Water Softeners

Douglas, we appreciate you letting us know the instructions and installation guide/videos were easy to follow and your install went well, as well as hearing you're enjoying the Genesis softener that uses less salt than your older system.

The quick pro connector kit offered does save about an hour on the installation time, but we're glad you were able to find an alternative connector kit locally and our salesperson was able to help you in finding the right size and model for your specific household. We're here for you, should you have any additional questions.

Feel free to contact us anytime with additional questions.

Original review: April 24, 2017

I ordered this Genesis Premier 32,000 Grain Water Softener for my residence. I have installed water softeners in the past although I am not a plumber. This product came fast and complete. I just wish I had ordered the Pro Connector kit as I had to buy new connections anyway. The install instructions were easy to follow and the install went well. The softener works much better than the older unit I had, and uses less salt. I am very pleased and will buy from Discount Water Softeners in the future. I would recommend them to anyone. I did call the sales department and was pleased to find a knowledgeable, personable and helpful person to talk with. Thanks.

I heard that a water softener system was more beneficial to the household equipment so I decided to get it. I have the Genesis dual tank from Discount Water Softeners which I purchased through their website. I compared pricing online and read that Genesis uses less water and less salt. I decided to go with that after speaking with the Discount Water Softeners representative. They let me know, based on my household size, what size I needed. The reps I spoke with on the phone were also very knowledgeable and professional. They were able to answer all the questions that I had. In the end, I had to decide how much I wanted to spend, whether to go with the Genesis or the regular, older type.

With the Genesis in place, the water seems to be more slippery and better on the skin. It seems to be working and my wife likes it. The only thing was after the installation of the system by the person that I hired, there was water leakage. We had to buy some rubber parts from Home Depot to fix it afterward. But it's been working fine since. The Genesis could have been a little bit cheaper, too. But since they said it's saving water and salt, it could probably be reasonable or comparable in the long run. Otherwise, I would recommend Discount Water Softeners if I'm asked by someone interested in it and want to know more about the differences and what they need. They are very helpful on the phone and they are very friendly too.

Discount Water Softeners

Randy, we're so happy to hear Adrienne was able to help you with sizing your Genesis Premier Cabinet style 32,000 grain softener and Bill was able to help you with support after the sale. You are a valued customer at Discount Water Softeners, so do let us know if you ever need anything else or have more questions.

Original review: April 22, 2017

The lady in sales was very knowledgeable of the products she sold. And helpful in my decision in which size replacement water softener would best suit my family's needs. Discount Water Softeners has a very good installation video on YouTube and a detailed installation guide came with the unit. With that said, I still had questions on set up which was answered by Bill in customer support in a timely manner. This company is on top of their game. I was impressed with their attention to detail and communication.

Discount Water Softeners

BW, thank you so much for letting us know Adrienne helped you with sizing and was knowledgeable/helpful. She really enjoys helping our customers find the right fit for their specific needs at home.

We will have someone follow-up with you about your RO filters right away, too. Thank you for letting us know and we're here whenever you need anything.

Original review: April 22, 2017

I had hard water so I looked online at Discount Water Softeners and I liked what I saw. So, I called and talked to somebody, then I looked again online, called them back and purchased a Genesis water softener system from them. The website was easy to navigate and the young lady whom I talked to was very knowledgeable. She talked a little fast but other than that she was fabulous.

While their pricing was too expensive and I wanted them to give me a rebate, Discount Water Softeners was still able to understand my water quality issues and convinced me not to go bigger. Also, the quality of the system I purchased has been good so far. It has given me soft water and I'm enjoying that. Still, I need someone to reach out to me as I need to get the right filters for my RO system. Nevertheless, I highly recommend Discount Water Softeners.

Discount Water Softeners

Otis, Adrienne recalls talking with you and said you were great to work with so she could help make sure and recommend the right system to remove the high amount of iron (13 ppm) in your well and increase the pH at the same time. It always makes us feel great when customers are enjoying their clean water and support helped you with additional questions after the sale. We're here if you ever need anything else or have questions.

Original review: April 9, 2017

Had a rental house that had high iron and low ph. The filter system Adrienne sold me works great. The well had over 13 parts of iron. Not cheap but worth the money. Very easy to install and good support system if you have any problems.

Discount Water Softeners

Bruce, we're glad to hear your new Genesis Premier 40,000 grain softener is working well in your home with your family. Please let us know if you need anything else or have questions and thank you for taking the time to let us know.

Original review: April 8, 2017

My son and his fiancée are living with me, and that made me decide to get a water softening system. I then purchase the Premier water softener from Discount. I’m fine with it, so far. The quality is okay.

Discount Water Softeners

Kevin, our customers love the Katalox iron filter, and we appreciate your friend referring you to us! It removes ferrous and ferric iron and doesn't require chemicals, which gives you peace of mind and saves money, too. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions.

Original review: April 3, 2017

I had rust collected on my bathtubs, toilets and sinks. I inquired from one of my friends and he said that Discount Water Softener worked really well so I chose to go with it. I purchased it online and so far, it's been good. I have no complaints. I'd tell people it works.

Discount Water Softeners

Jo, your feedback was amazing and much appreciated. Many customers think they have to pay a small fortune to receive a quality softener until they find our site. We're so happy you found us through our informative articles and Adrienne really enjoys helping our customers with sizing based on your own water and home. We are so happy you're enjoying soft water with your new Genesis Premier 32,000. Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions in the future, and thank you again for the detailed review.

Original review: April 1, 2017

I had the Kinetico water system for 38 years. It worked fine except for the last three years. I started having all kinds of problems and their people had indicated that they could not service us this particular model anymore because it was so obsolete. I priced the Kinetico and it was outrageous. I looked around and came upon Discount's Fleck 5600. Then I saw an article that looked at Genesis versus Fleck 5600. I investigated it and checked it out as best as I could. I talked to Adrianne, the young lady from Discount and her knowledge and courtesy convinced me that those are the kinds of people I'd like to deal with. She assured me that the water softener was really easy to connect and it was, because I had another water softener installed that I got rid of. It worked fine and it's been working fine ever since. Discount Water Softeners has been excellent and I'm very happy with my purchase.

Discount Water Softeners

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your input on your experience with us. All of our manuals that ship with our systems are also supported with additional video installation instructions on our website.

If you ever are unable to get the help you need from our manual or videos after your purchase, please email us at support@discountwatersofteners.com and one of our tech support personnel can assist you further.

If you need help sizing your softener correctly or have questions about any products or connections on our site prior to purchasing, please email newsales@discountwatersofteners.com or fill out this form: https://www.discountwatersofteners.com/new-sales-water-softeners

As an option on all our water softeners, we also carry quick connect flex connector kits that can be used with any PEX, CPVC, or copper piping. Our quick connector kits make installation a snap and do not require additional parts.

Thank you again for purchasing from Discount Water Softeners. We are happy that you received your item as described.

Original review: March 28, 2017

Product arrived as described, but came with very little installation information. I installed the water softener primarily from a 3D image of it on the front cover, the process could have gone a lot easier. Would have been a nice touch to provide some PEX adapters. No one wants to go to the store and buy more parts for something that already costs over grand.

Discount Water Softeners

Miste, thank you so much for your valuable feedback. We're so happy you received your Genesis Revolution 64,000 grain softener and reverse osmosis system. Our team loves helping great customers like you, and we're always here if you need anything!

Original review: March 25, 2017

The price of Discount Water Softeners is really reasonable. And the folks that we've spoken to are super great. I feel like they're a family - the whole environment of me talking to one person or another. Even if it was a little out of the department, they still knew the answer to the question. Also, someone always returns my phone call pretty quickly. We haven’t hooked it up yet because we had to fix some of the plumbing but it wasn’t their fault. I’m sure that it’s a good product and I would recommend them.

Discount Water Softeners

Clifford, thank you for letting us know your Katalox iron filter and Genesis softener arrived in a timely manner by UPS and everything is working as it should on your well water to remove iron and also provide you with great, soft water. Please let us know if you need anything else and thank you again.

Original review: March 23, 2017

We bought the Katalox iron filter and the Genesis water softener through the Discount Water Softeners website. The price is good, and the items were delivered timely and in one piece. Everything works and is working as it should for our well water. It's a great and quality product.

Discount Water Softeners

William, thank you for letting us know Adrienne provided you with a great buying experience and sizing/recommendation of your Genesis Premier water softener. It's fantastic knowing our videos and customers can install these with ease and enjoy their new, soft water! We're here if you need anything else, and thank you for taking the time to let us know.

Original review: March 22, 2017

I called to get advice and had a great experience with Adrienne. She recommended the 32,000 gallon Genesis Premier. The ordering was simple and the unit was delivered on time in perfect condition. Easy install by my handyman and I did the startup and programming myself. It was easy to follow the quick start guide and videos, and I'm not a mechanical guy. Everything is working fine and I would highly recommend this company and their products.

Discount Water Softeners

Hi, Larry, and thank you so much for your feedback. We are actually revamping where the specifications go on our website, so your input solidified the change we're making here in the upcoming months because we value what helps our customers through their buying experience. The Genesis Premier Cabinet is a great fit for our customers who have a smaller space, and they can still enjoy soft water using less salt/water, too. We're here for you if you need anything else, and thank you again.

Original review: March 22, 2017

I have hard water, and I needed a water softening system and got one from Discount. The website was good. The only problem was that I needed the height and the width of the unit according to the space that I have as I wanted to make sure about the dimensions, but it was difficult trying to search around for the measurements of the water softener, as these were located at the bottom of the page and I had to scroll all the way down. The website has a grid with everything in a quadrant, and one could either scroll from top to bottom or go from left to right. They explained everything about how the system works, and how functional and efficient it is, which is really good. But for the detail or minor stuff, all it takes is a phone call to find out.

Overall, it was a good experience and I would recommend them. For a tough quality water softener, I would go with Discount, although the price is a little above the normal water softener. There are cheaper ones, but these would maybe not last as long. On the other hand, getting the Discount water softener is a long-term investment and it's worth the money, according to the reviews that I've read.

Discount Water Softeners

Theodore, it's great you were able to share how little salt you are using with your new Genesis Premier 32,000 grain softener with our upflow technology, as well as how easy it was to install. Customers just love them and we really appreciate the time you took to write a review! Feel free to contact us anytime you have questions.

Original review: March 21, 2017

I was really pleasantly surprised as how easy it was to install. After 3 months of installation it takes less salt in the tank to soften the water than I thought it would actually need. I will review the system next year.

Discount Water Softeners

Tony, we really enjoyed working with you to help size the Genesis Premier 32,000 grain softener for your daughter. It was our pleasure and we are always ecstatic to hear our products are making families across the US happy with soft water! Please contact us anytime and let us know if you need anything.

Original review: March 20, 2017

We purchased the up-flow water Softeners as a house-warming gift for our daughter in her new home in Gilbert, AZ. We couldn't be happier with service & delivery of product!! They have tested their water twice and the result after the second test after was spot on!!! They did an adjustment after the first test based on results... Thank you for taking care of our family!!!

Discount Water Softeners

Brad, we're so happy you're enjoying your Genesis Duo 32,000 grain softener and your water is tasting better, too, with the catalytic carbon filter. Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your wonderful feedback and let us know if we may be of further assistance in the future.

Original review: March 20, 2017

Quality water softeners and filtration for a lower price than the competition. I'm very happy with my purchase so far. My water is better tasting and soft as it should be. Installation was easy. I haven't seen my softeners performance over a long period of time, but so far very pleased.

Discount Water Softeners

Jeffrey, we are so happy to hear you are pleased with your new Genesis Premier 32,000 grain softener and shipping/programming was easy with our on-site videos. We're here for you, should you ever have any additional questions.

Original review: March 20, 2017

I'm quite pleased with the softener. The company was easy to deal with and helped me get the correct softener. It was delivered on time and was easy to install. Their videos made programming very easy.

Discount Water Softeners

Laura, it was a pleasure helping you purchase the right size Genesis Revolution 48,000 grain, high efficiency softener for your home. Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with a review. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Original review: March 20, 2017

I was very pleased with my experience with DWS. We had consulted with a local plumbing supply and it appeared that they might be making it all sound complicated in order to charge us more. I purchased my own water test kit at the hardware store for $11, sent the info to DWS, and they sent me a very detailed proposal for the units that would work for us and what the pros and cons were for each. Then unit arrived on schedule with good support and instructions and after about a month of use, we are extremely happy. We haven't yet retested the water, but don't see anymore scale on our sinks or appliances. Would highly recommend.

Discount Water Softeners

Jeff, having a repeat customer like you is our pleasure--time and time again. We have all talked about how much we enjoy talking with you and getting your great emails, as well as helping you with our Genesis systems. We're happy the Genesis neutralizer and water softener is working great for you and your parents home, and we'll be here to answer any additional questions about the Katalox.

Adrienne really enjoys helping customers find the "right size" systems to match their water readings and Bill is fantastic support after the sale, so it's always fantastic to hear they are solving problems for our valued customers like you.

Please contact us anytime when you need anything, and thank you again for being such an awesome customer!

Original review: March 17, 2017

I'm working with Discount Water Softeners because it's not my first experience and it was just as positive as the last time. I had two different applications over the last few years with two different requirements. One in my house on a private well and another on my parent's house on a private well. One for a pH balancer and the other for a water softener. So, through the one year calling on the most recent, we had hard water as well as Iron and Manganese.

Two years ago, I bought a pH balancer for my house and the most recent purchase was a Genesis Premier water softener. I went directly through Discount Water Softeners and worked with two different people, Adrienne and Bill. I'm a technical salesperson of 30 years and know what it's like to deal with people who know what the heck they're talking about. I had, in both cases, fairly complex applications and both Adrienne and Bill were extremely qualified in the area of understanding water testing results and the issues I was having. As well as, all of my technical questions around the many options for correcting said problems.

Online ordering and their price competitiveness were the two things that were primary in my decisions to deal with Discount Water Softeners. But, they've been almost more than this level of technical support on both pre-sales and post-sales. Both are up and running and they absolutely solved my problem as engineered and as advertised. Also, I'm considering a Katalox filter for my home based on more conversation and analysis from Adrienne. Over the two years that I did both of these systems, I had a lot more interaction with her and they are lucky to have her on their team.

Discount Water Softeners

Vincent, we appreciate your feedback about your new Genesis Premier 32,000 grain softener and we're glad to hear the person you spoke with helped you without any pressure. A customer's buying experience should be a positive, informative experience, and we would like to thank you so much for letting us know. We're here if you need anything else.

Original review: March 16, 2017

I purchased a house and it didn't have a softener. I tested the water and the hardness wasn't acceptable. We were having some issues with the water, so I purchased a water softener directly through Discount Water Softeners. I started out online and finished up with talking to a lady on some questions I had. She was a knowledgeable person and wasn't pushy. I like the quality of my purchase. It was ten percent across the lane tip mineral. I was a little leery about the control head and so forth. But its fine. I used to sell softeners, so I know the problems, and what I got from Discount Water Softeners appeared to be a quality piece of equipment. Time will tell, but right now, everything is fine.

Discount Water Softeners

Brad, we're so happy to hear your new Genesis water softener is providing your family with soft hair and water at home now! We're glad Adrienne was able to provide you with the help you needed to purchase the correct size, too, and help answer all your questions. It's always a pleasure to hear back from our valued customers, and let us know if you ever have additional questions. Thank you again.

Original review: March 15, 2017

Our second home is in California and I’m not used to hard water. Also, my wife continued to complain about her hair and it turned out everybody over here has a water softener so I bought one from Discount Water Softeners. I went to their website, and it worked great. The gal that I talked to was very helpful, and she did a great job.

Discount Water Softeners

Conrad, we're so happy your customer is enjoying their new Genesis 40,000 grain upflow softener. It's always great when we have plumbers and home builders tell us their customers really want high efficiency softeners today that use less salt and water. Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know and write a review. We're here if you need anything else.

Original review: March 14, 2017

A customer of mine needed a water softener and the Discount Water Softener has been installed and in service for about two weeks. It's been working fine and the cost is very comparable and even a little under other softeners. They are very easy to deal with and it's a good quality product.

Discount Water Softeners

Lynn, thank you for letting us know how simple the process was of buying a Genesis 40,000 grain softener for your hard water with some iron in Michigan and letting us know it arrived quickly. We're here if you have any questions and really appreciate your feedback.

Original review: March 12, 2017

I live in Michigan and we have a well and hard water with a lot of iron in it. I've had a water softener for the last 24 years that I've lived here but it died out and we replaced it with the system from Discount Water Softeners. I ordered it through the website, the process was very simple and easy and it was here within a few days after. The price was reasonable. It's an upgraded softener than what I had, so I'm looking forward to seeing if it does conserve salt and water, which is one of the claims. I paid more for it than the simpler system but I'm hoping it's gonna be worth it.

Discount Water Softeners Company Profile