Call toll free
Call toll free
(855) 410-2095

Discount Water Softeners

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Have you been interested in installing a water softener system? Discount Water Softeners offers a variety of softeners in order to help you find one that best fits your needs. Not only do we offer a variety of water softeners, but we also have a selection of filtration and reverse osmosis systems, UV lights, water testing kits, and more. Whatever your need might be, Discount Water Softeners guarantees quality products. Visit our website today to obtain coupons and order your products today!

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 10, 2017

61 Discount Water Softeners Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I replaced our existing system with a whole house water softener from the Discount Water Softeners’ website. I researched at their site and other competitive websites, but theirs had a substantial amount of beneficial information. Also, after the sale, I spoke with their salesperson and she was very helpful. We've had the system since February and it's very good so far. Overall, it was a very good experience.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

All the waters were hard so we got a Genesis from Discount Water Softeners. I purchased it through their website and I liked that I could compare the different models there. The quality of the system was very good and cost was average. But UPS had messed up the delivery. So I got in touch with Discount Water through email and they responded quickly. But I was not impressed with them since they were somewhat rude in their response.

UPS shipped it to Tampa and they were sending it back to the company. The explanation I got from UPS was that Discount Water Softeners did not pay for the separate shipping. So I contacted Discount and they said it was UPS' fault. That's where all the confusion came in. But the water is a lot better with the system and it's not near as hard on the faucets. Their customer service could have been friendlier but I would probably buy from Discount Water Softeners again and I would recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Texas has hard water, and I had a water softener from the original purchase of the house. I knew that the water was shot so I started looking for solutions on the internet. I talked with their sales consultant and they made it easy for me to understand and to deal with. After dealing with them, I understood exactly how it works and what I need. I then bought Discount Water's Genesis Premier system. It's a water softener system with a separate canister for the salt. It was the best cost I found anywhere. When I had a question, I called them, they showed me through their video on the website and I solved the issue myself. Buying a Discount Water Softeners has been the best experience I had and I am extremely satisfied with it.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I got Discount Water Softeners to replace my old water softener that quit working. We bought it through their website and the pricing was comparable to what I could find in other places. It is easier to service and it uses less salt. I'd tell a friend that it's a good place to purchase water softeners from.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I have hard water and so I bought a water softener. Discount did everything they said they would do, shipped everything out quickly, and kept me informed of what was going on. However, now the water softener doesn’t seem to soften the water as much as I thought it would and it leaves a funny taste. I’ve spoken with the Discount reps several times and they would just tell us to taste-test our water again. They said we're going to get a little salty taste, but it is metallic. They didn't try to help me out with anything. I finally got fed up with it and figured I’ll have to live with it until I can get it replaced with something else.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Water Softeners?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

The water at my son's house was very hard. He and his wife waited a little too long and it was ruining their dishes and dishwasher so I called Discount Water Softeners. I wanted more details and I talked to a very nice rep who guided me in the right direction. She's very intelligent and I enjoyed talking to her. The problem is now solved and my son told me 20 times how well the softener is working. My son and I are happy.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I purchased a Discount filter through their website six months ago. It’s a good filter.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

We're up in Gladwin where we got our water tested and had 31 hardeners. The 32,000 Genesis Spring we got from Discount Water Softeners took it down to seven hardeners so it's doing something. But our water's still hard and with our situation, we might need a little more. The rep said we could get our interference from other things, but we don't have the money to spend on that. We're happy with their product though. We bought it over the phone and the rep we talked to was great. She also answered a lot of questions. We would recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I got well water and my water softener system was 20 years old and I wanted to upgrade it and get a more efficient one. So, I got Genesis from Discount Water Softeners via their website. Their website was good and everything was helpful. It was great for instructions on how to hook it all up and I did it myself. They sent me a booklet and everything was perfectly clear to me. I haven't had it for years but I use probably about a quarter of the salt that I used to use, so I'm saving money every month. I love their product and it's worth it and I've told people about it. Overall, it's a very pleasant purchase.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

We have extremely hard water in the town I live in. I went online and talked to somebody from Discount Water Softeners. I never had a water softener before. And if I understood water softeners better, the information I got would've been easy to understand. But I had a good experience with them. I purchased a Genesis water softener and it seems to be working okay and the water is softer than it was before.

Discount Water Softeners response

All the terms can get a bit complicated, why try to give clear information whenever we speak with customers. We're happy to hear that the water softener is working and your water is softer now! Thank you, Mark, for your review!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

We had hard water. I purchased my Discount Water Softener product on their website, but I had to call to find out exactly what size that I needed. Customer service was polite and very helpful and got me the information I needed quickly. Delivery was fast. I have not installed it yet. It’s just sitting in my house. I still have to take care of doing it, but so far, I would recommend them.

Discount Water Softeners response

Thank you John for ordering a water softener! We're happy to hear customer service was able to help you find the right softener. Thank you for the recommendation as well!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Our water is pretty hard and I've done some remodeling on the house and I have to run the new water line underneath the house from the front to the back in order to install the upgraded full house system I got from Discount Water Softeners. I've done a bunch of research and their product turned out to be what I needed and the right price. I like their product.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I buy and flip houses and I have installed about eight Discount Water Softeners systems. We have some iron in our water in the region where we live and we also have fairly hard water. I purchase Discount Water Softeners online and their website is awesome. One thing I wish they had was a person one could ask questions to live on their website. If Discount Water Softener has any issues at all, it is they're hard to communicate with. If I try to contact their sales consultants via phone, I’d end up playing phone tag. I have done it on email too and it didn't go really well. But when I was able to speak with the consultants, they tried to be as helpful as possible. They’re so secure in their product that they talk over the head a little. But they get the issues.

I’ve installed Quark and Fleck systems in the past but I transferred over to the Genesis product because I rent some out of my projects and I wanted to save costs in the long run. But, I have mixed feelings with Genesis because I have one in my house and it is not functioning up to the old Quark or Fleck system. I cannot get the water soft enough. The Genesis water softener was easy to install and program though. Overall, Discount Water Softeners had been convenient for me. I had a good experience with them and I would recommend them.

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your feedback and business! We're glad that you find the website awesome after the redesign! We are sorry that we played phone tag. A live chat feature is something we are looking into for the website for better and more communication options.

If you are still having issues with softness levels, let us know and we will try to find out what can be done! Thank you for your recommendation, Alex!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I've had a good experience with Discount Water Softeners. I built a new home so I needed a water softener. I bought the softener online on their fine website and the process wasn't the easiest but it was all right. The research was a difficult though because they had so many products. But I called the hotline for Discount Water Softeners and they kind of helped me out with that based on my needs. I got a twin tank, the 24,000 grain, from them. I installed the water softener myself, but I wish they had a better instructional video on installing all the products and not just a generic product. I didn't see anything like either YouTube or a clip where it had the twin tanks but I saw a lot of the single tank installations through the website.

The biggest issue was the sensor though as I forgot to put it in. I didn't know where it went and I couldn't find it in the directions or on the clips. I called up Discount Water Softeners and they told me about the sensor. They shipped out the missing part the next day. I've had the water softener for four months now, and so far, so good. It's better than the other ones that I've researched. It's a good product and a good choice.

Discount Water Softeners response

Thank you Pashko for your feedback. Hopefully, the process is easier now with the new website. We are also in the works to make the researching process and finding the best water softener easier! We will take into account your suggestion for a next video.

We're happy that the sensor issue was able to be resolved and you're enjoying your soft water!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I am on well water and the small water softener unit I had from Home Depot wasn't any good anymore. The Discount Water Softeners sales consultant was very nice and professional. She helped me, asked questions and recommended the Genesis Revolution based on what I had. I was looking for a bigger unit but she told me the Genesis was perfect for my household and she was exactly right. I was very happy with her service and I made the purchase through their website, which was very good to use.

When they first shipped my unit, it was not shipped properly and the unit was cracked. The delivery guys just threw the product in the truck and it had moved around and I was not too happy about that. It should be put in a palette and shipping has to be more professional. I've read the comments that people had the same problem like I did. But then, Discount switched it right away with no questions asked. So other than the shipping issue, I had a very good experience with Discount and they were very professional and understanding. The quality of the unit is very good and although it is a bit loud when it regenerates, I can deal with that. Also, other companies were looking for $2,500 to $5,000 for the same unit. I've already recommended Discount Water Softeners to all my co-workers and I’ve been talking so good about it.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I purchased the Genesis from Discount Water Softeners. I used both people on the phone for gathering information and then I ordered it online and it was easy. Their sales consultant was authoritative and she explained things. She resolved my questions and resulted in a sale. She was professional and courteous. Their website, people and the product they sell are good. I saved money on the unit which was the biggest thing and it's doing its job. However, I tried to get them on the phone for technical support and they refused to talk with me. They insisted that everything must be online and email-oriented but sometimes you need a couple of minutes over the phone with somebody. Your only option is to email them asking them to call you and they won't. Nevertheless, I was able to resolve my issues. Overall, I recommend them and I have recommended them.

Discount Water Softeners response

Thank you for purchasing a Genesis Darrell! We are sorry to hear that technical support wasn't readily available to take your questions. We aim to provide fast an efficient service to all our customers.

Thank you for also recommending us, Darrell.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

The hard water here made the drains clogged up with calcium and the pipes were deteriorating around our whole house. We've needed a water softener for these 10 years and we finally got it. Discount Water Softeners are fantastic. I purchased the Genesis from them and its quality was excellent. I went to the website, did all the paperwork, and they called me back. They were professional. They asked all the right questions and asked what I needed. They explained everything and the different things I would have to make sure are correct in my house before I made the purchase.

They weren't just selling to me. They made sure I got the right thing. They offered a solution about the drain and they've sold me the correct piping for their product. They told me there were a few parts that they don't supply but I could go get it to my local hardware store, which I did. The water quality is now 100% better. I will tell my friends to go with Discount Water Softeners. They felt like a small, family-owned company, but yet they did everything right.

Discount Water Softeners response

Neil, we are so happy that your water quality is now 100% better! Thank you for your review. We want to make sure you get everything you need and working in one go, especially when purchasing a water softener. Thank you for recommending us to your friends as well! If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: July 19, 2017

Our water softener broke, so I did a Google search and found Discount Water Softeners. I called and ordered it over the phone. I spoke with Adrienne and it was wonderful. She was great and very helpful. I just told her the size of the household and she was able to get me exactly what I needed. Everything was great.

Discount Water Softeners response

Hi Roland, thank you for your review. If we can make your experience even greater or have any questions about your new water softener, contact us!

Original review: July 15, 2017

Our appliances in the home were getting hard water deposits all over them and from looking online, Discount Water Softeners seemed to have a decent product for a decent price. I ordered it online and shipping was fine. It came on time and there weren't any problems with it. I sent an email to them at one point asking them a question but that was it. Overall, they're an okay company.

Discount Water Softeners response

Thanks for your review James. We're always trying to improve to turn an okay experience into a great one. Please contact us if you have any questions, comments, or concerns!

Original review: July 14, 2017

Our old water softener system bit the dust. We bought a new one from Discount Water Softeners and we installed most of it ourselves. We also had a guy, who installs water softeners, help with part of the installation. The system is working so far and it doesn't seem to impede our water flow the way the other one did.

Discount Water Softeners response

Thanks Pat for your review! That's great to hear that it's working! IF any issues arise, feel free to contact us.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I have hard water with sulfur in it so I bought The Eliminator from Discount Water Softeners. Researching on their website was fairly straightforward. The best help was the lady who responded to questions after filling out a survey. The pricing was pretty cut and dried. It took me two weeks to do the installation over two weekends to get it done. The first weekend, I thought that I got the wrong part. I emailed the question to customer support and I did not get a response until Monday, which was after the time when I was trying to get the thing installed. That was a little frustrating. The guy told me to order this part, but then I misordered. He was polite and said that I shouldn't order that one. And then, the second time when I ordered the wrong part again, he got rude and was kind of a jerk about it through the email.

I had to order a fairly large system because the quality of my water was so poor. They could not ship all of the water softening medium in the system as typical. Normally everything is shipped and it's sealed and you just plumb it up and it's good to go. Whereas, mine you had to add some of the medium to do the actual softening and that was not clearly documented. In fact, I made a mistake and poured the medium into the wrong tank, in which I had to then order another set of the medium and then shot back out the medium that was in the tank. I ended up getting it done right.

The product was a good quality for the cost. It is doing the job and the water is no longer really hard. It's a positive experience overall and I have recommended to a couple of people that if they've gotten quotes for water softeners from professionals, that they should look at doing it themselves and where I chose to get it. Discount Water Softener was fair-priced in my opinion and worth it.

Discount Water Softeners response

Hi Brad, thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear about the issues you had to install your water softener. We're glad that things worked out and you are enjoying your soft water and the savings. If there is anything else that we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us!

Original review: June 16, 2017

I had softeners before when I lived in Maryland. The plumber that put ours in professionally told me to make sure I buy a Fleck head. So, I went and looked around to see on the web who carried Fleck control valve heads and Discount Water Softener had them. They had the best explanation, they had an install guy and their prices were the best. I’m a repeat customer. Six years ago, I was looking for a water softener. I searched and bought one from Discount Water Softener for my current house. We live in Ocala, Florida and the water here is 13 grains. I like it a lot softer because it helps with the pipes and the cleaning. I bought the Fleck 32,000 Grain through their direct website. It’s cheaper than Amazon. I prefer dealing with companies direct rather than going through a middleman. Their website’s great. Any options are in drop-downs and it’s simple. I also called them to talk about the product. It was a good experience.

Recently I bought another one that’s setting here in the house. My daughter’s building a house and I told her before she gets in the house I want to install one for her. I bought the Genesis System because of the new technology. I was up in Ohio for a wedding and my brother-in-law and I installed one for my nephew and we told him what to get. We called the company to ask about some of the features of the Genesis System and the rep was very knowledgeable and helpful.

Quality-wise, they’re great. The one that I’ve had in-house for six years has no issues. Genesis wasn’t out so I bought the standard one with the Fleck head. The installation was straightforward. The product is all stainless steel and of very good quality. The new Genesis was the easiest installation I’ve ever done. You would pay the same for a made in China water softener at Home Depot or Lowe’s and it wouldn’t have the quality head and the good fittings on it. It also wouldn’t last as long.

Our pipes are doing better. I use less soap and I feel cleaner. I recently had to do some plumbing on the house. It was six years old when we bought it and there is an area where it had calcification prior to the water softener being put in. Once I cleaned it out, I don’t have any issues. Same with the water heater. I redid that and it helped considerably. I told everybody I have recommended to go straight to Discount and buy. The product’s good and it’s free shipping. The one I got for my daughter had $100 coupon discount because they had a special going on for the holiday. So, I saved an additional $100. Shipping it out of state with no tax so, it was great. And it came in three days. The other thing is they have great tutorials on their website and their install guide was very clear, which is good. It really helps.

Discount Water Softeners response

Mark, thank you so much for taking the time to talk about your entire Discount Water Softener experience!

We're so glad to have a long and repeating customer such as yourself! We want to make the shopping experience as easy and quick as possible for our customers so we're happy to hear that that's the case. And also, save you money! If you have any further questions or concerns about the water softeners you or your family have purchased, we're available.

Thank you for speaking so highly about DWS and recommending us, Mark!

Original review: June 11, 2017

I wanted soft water in the house to prevent window action and things like that in showers. I read a lot of reviews and I liked the valve setup of Discount Water Softeners. I purchased the whole system online. The website was good and I had no problems. I asked questions about the resin and what salt to use from the sales consultant and they were very prompt at replying. I would highly recommend them.

Discount Water Softeners response

Thank you for purchasing the whole house system, James! We are here if you have any more questions or concerns. Thank you for your review and for the recommendation!

Original review: June 10, 2017

I was very impressed with my Discount Water Softeners experience. Their website was very easy to use. I use a filter system and they had the parts that I needed. I ordered three parts and a replacement O-ring about five days ago, and I'm very happy with the products. The last time when I originally got a big blue filter, it came with a wrench which was flimsy. It broke in 15 minutes. Though I haven't tried this one out yet, it seems a little heavier duty.

Discount Water Softeners response

Thank you for purchasing from us David! We want to make our customer's experience as seamless as possible so we're glad to hear yours was great. If you are not satisfied with any of the parts, let us know so we can help as soon as possible. Thank you again for purchasing and for the review!

Original review: June 8, 2017

The water was hard and that's how I knew the old water softener system wasn’t working. The website of Discount Water Softeners was good but what sold me on it was when I got on the phone with a lady. I had picked out something based on what I thought I needed and she steered me in the less expensive version. I was having problems with iron and she recommended that I use a kind of salt that gets rid of the iron. I did that and everything’s been working good. She was selling me something that I needed rather than something that would make her more money. So that closed the deal. The cost was a good one and was a lot cheaper than having somebody come and do it. I’m really pleased and I’d buy from them again.

Discount Water Softeners response

We love that you had a great experience with us! We strive to provide the best service possible as well as products. Thank you so much for your review, Chris!

Original review: June 5, 2017

I needed a brine tank because mine had a crack in it. I looked at different sites but Discount Water Softeners' site was the best. So I purchased a brine tank through their website. I liked the brine bank that I saw at their website, which was great. The pricing was reasonable. I had the brine bank shipped and just got it. I still have install it, but by looking in the box, it looks good. So far, I'm very satisfied and would recommend Discount Water Softeners to others.

Discount Water Softeners response

Thank you for finding our website the best one out there, Terri! We hope your new brine tank has exceeded your expectations! You can contact us if you have any questions, comments, or any other concerns.

Original review: June 2, 2017

We sell equipment that requires softened water, so we purchased Discount Water Softeners and included them with the equipment. I would recommend their direct representative. She’s friendly and easy to contact. She’s the rep for 99% of my contacts. I’d give her a call and tell her I need to place an order. My orders are repetitive and she makes it happen.

Discount Water Softeners response

Thank you, Jay, for the review! We're glad to be of service!

Original review: May 28, 2017

Our water looked like it was very hard because we kept putting new faucets and they were leaking as a result of the build-up. My dishwasher was covered with white film from the build-up and stopped washing properly. Our neighbor had a water softener system for 20 years and he told me that he never had this problem with build-up on his appliances. For him, washing was more efficient because you don't need to use as much product to wash clothes and dishes. And so, we decided to go with a water softener system from Discount. Since we had it installed, I have noticed a lot of difference in our water. Discount's water softener saves water and salt. Moreover, I think it is good value because other water softeners are more expensive. I've already recommended Discount Water Softeners to a few people.

Discount Water Softeners response

Thank you for choosing us, Anna! We love hearing the differences from not using a water softener to using one. Plus, how satisfied you are! If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact us!

Original review: May 26, 2017

I live in the desert in Palm Springs and the water is hard. I just redid my bathroom and put in clear shower doors and it gets spots. It messes up my dishwasher. I had a lot of hard water spots so I called the water company, found out what the hardness was and then decided to buy a water softener. The fellow that remodeled my place for me just in the last couple months said it's a really good idea to have it so I called and I got a hold of a lady who sells off the internet for Discount Water Softeners and she advised me as to what I needed capacity wise. She asked me how many people live in the place, how long I'm there and said I would need a medium range which made sense to me.

I'm very happy with it. It makes a big difference and I could feel it right away. You know soap lathers much easier, you can feel the difference in the water. It's just not as hard, it doesn't leave the spots all over everything than the way it was before. It's great and the price was excellent. I have a friend that does the monthly thing with Culligan and he's paying $70 a month and in one year I paid off my unit and I own it. It's guaranteed for 10 years so it's tough not to see the advantage of buying it. It's really easy to shop on their website. The people are very helpful and it's easy for somebody that's not really handy to follow and do right. It's done everything that I wanted it to do for the reason that I bought it. I've been very pleased with the results of the hardness of the water and the spotting. I use less water, detergent and salt.

The people and the website are really nice. I actually ordered two by mistake and they fixed it for me right away 'cause I had hit the button twice. The guy that owns the company was out of town for the weekend. He came back and credited my credit card first thing the next Monday morning so I found them really easy to work with. It got delivered right on time and brought it right into my garage. It was right where I set it up and it's been working like a charm ever since.

Discount Water Softeners response

We love hearing how happy you were with the decision to purchase a water softener from us, William! All the problems you mentioned of having hard water, spotting, and damage to your dishwasher, we hear from other customers before they install one of our water softeners. And they're just as happy and satisfied after purchasing from us!

If you need any other help or have questions, we're available! We do everything in our power to leave you satisfied before, during, and after your purchase. Thank you again for your review, William!

Original review: May 25, 2017

I looked at a couple of different websites but it seemed that Discount Water had the easiest layout and they were the easiest to deal with, with what I needed. I visited a couple of times considering a water softener is a difficult thing to purchase because it's an intricate piece of machinery. The girl I talked to and the sales team was perfect. She was able to guide me through what I needed, measure my water hardness and take all factors into account and make sure I came out with the right product. They wouldn't even recommend anything until I came back with the proper information. I purchased the Genesis Dual Tank water softener over their website but I used their sales number to guide me to which product I needed.

I bought one of their better ones and not the entry-level water softener so the cost for me was a little bit more expensive, but the product I got delivered better efficiency. It hasn't failed me and it's working properly. I have extremely hard water and I'm on a well so I did it to protect my investment, my pipes and my plumbing fixtures. My brother also needed a water softener so I recommended Discount Water Softeners and I was able to send him their way. I was confident that he's going to get what he needed and he has his up and running and he's already experienced what he needs.

Overall, having it was a great experience but there's one thing that I found could be improved on. I got a dual tank which meant there was a lot of plumbing and the installation manual wasn't clear. I had to hire a plumber to put it together. Their manual could be more specific with diagrams and step-by-step instructions to put it together which might do their customers a little bit as far as saving some money. Other than that, I'm happy with making the purchase and I'm extremely satisfied.

Discount Water Softeners response

Joaquin, thank you for your review on the website and on the Genesis water softener. We strive to make the entire process easy, simple, and straight to the point for our customers.

Thank you for recommending Discount Water Softeners to your brother! We're pleased to hear that he is also satisfied with his water softener.

We will take your feedback into consideration for the manuals. There is also a tech support line that you can call if you have any future issues with your water softener. Thank you once again for your review and we hope you continue to enjoy your soft water!

Discount Water Softeners Company Information