4.10/5

Need a water treatment system?

Discount Water Softeners

Have you been interested in installing a water softener system? Discount Water Softeners offers a variety of softeners in order to help you find one that best fits your needs. Not only do we offer a variety of water softeners, but we also have a selection of filtration and reverse osmosis systems, UV lights, water testing kits, and more. Whatever your need might be, Discount Water Softeners guarantees quality products. Visit our website today for specials and order your products today!

Need a water treatment system?

160 Discount Water Softeners Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I was having some problems with hard water and the range on hardness was pretty bad. It was leaving some water spots on the dishes and glass. I got an upflow system through Discount Water Softeners and I was hoping that I would save some money on salt. Everything went alright, except that it was hard to get a hold of the guy I was dealing with. I was trying to communicate back and forth with text messages and email. I had a little problem at first since we had a lot of storms come through here when I put the system in, and I don't know if lightning got it or what it was, but I had some difficulty with it. They seemed to try to help me out with it, and sent me a circuit board, but the circuit board they sent me was wrong. They had to reorder.

Finally, they sent me a whole control head, and I put that on there and I haven't had any problems since. I had been waiting on them to send me a return authorization. I thought they might want the old unit head or the control back but I never did get a return number on it. At this time, the system seems to be functioning all right.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

If you need a properly-sized water softener, give Discount Water Softeners a try. They are knowledgeable about their products and I had a good experience dealing with them. They were good people. My old water softener at my rental property had worn out. It was junk and I needed one with larger capacity because the people moving in have four kids. It didn't take me long to figure out what I needed since I had some water testing done and I was able to figure out there's hardness in our well water. I was able to give the Discount reps the iron content in the water, how many people are gonna be in the home and how many bathrooms it has. They were able to come up with a system that worked for me.

I was able to install the product, which came along well boxed. The nice thing about Discount is that they have some videos on their website on how to install it so it was not a very hard process. I was able to follow along. Then they give you set parameters, as well as how to start it up. It's an easy machine once you looked at the videos. It looks like the softener is working well.

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I have very hard water in our town, coming into our house and had installed a water softener about 20 years ago. That one was what needed to be replaced so I got the new water softener from Discount Water Softeners. I had to research and determine which one I wanted. I stayed with the same company-making model that I had in the past that was highly-rated, based on some of the reviews I saw. I upgraded the one that would automatically recycle a cleaning only when it was needed, rather than a fix number of days.

When I determined which one I wanted, I zeroed on it based on price and size. It was also recommended by the manufacturer of the unit. They had some very good people in customer service who are very helpful. With a little help from the manufacturer, installation was relatively easy using what they call SharkBite fittings. There was a lot of heavy-duty plumbing to do. To remove the old one and install the new one, took a couple of hours. I’m very satisfied with Discount Water. They’re very high-quality based on what I’ve read and based on my experience so far. We’re happy. Since the installation the glass on the shower has less hard water marks on it.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I purchased an income property and it did not have a water softener system. The property is located in a place where there is very hard water. The dishwasher and the washing machine didn't work. All the aerators were covered with lime and calcium. I was putting in new appliances and decided to put the water softener to make sure they would work well. I purchased the Genesis Premier UpFlow from Discount Water Softeners. Their website has pretty good comparisons and I have purchased four water softeners off their website at different times.

The quality of their items is very high. They work very well and are relatively easy to install. The instructions were straightforward and easy to follow. There were no parts missing, they were well put together, and well-packaged. It's been about six months since the latest one was installed and everything seems to be operating fine and there's no evidence of hard water damage.

My overall experience was good. It gave me the confidence in what I was purchasing and confidence to recommend what I was purchasing in the website to other people. I have recommended Discount Water Softeners to a few people who were looking for or have looked for them. I have neighbors who have used the site and purchased water softeners as a result. I tell others to figure out what they need and the website can help them do that. Some of the assumptions on water use are a little bit outdated. Go explore it and when you pick one, buy one from them. They have quality items at reasonable prices. I'm probably gonna be looking them up again within the next year or so to buy another water softener for a different property. I don't intend to even look anywhere else unless they drastically change their product line or dramatically change their prices relative to other vendors.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

The house I bought had a water softener system but I had to keep resetting the computer board as the system was probably 16 years old. There are softeners that are a lot more energy efficient, so I didn't want to battle with the old one. I purchased my new water softener right through Discount on the internet and the ordering process was fine. The Discount water softener seems to get rid of the iron real good. I know softeners don’t get rid of iron, but the Discount water softener gets rid quite a bit of it so I’m really happy about it. The only trouble I had wasn’t really the softener’s fault. It’s just that there was too much salt in the bridge, so I had to flake the bridge in the tank and it has been working fine now.

I’d tell my friends to go ahead and purchase a Discount water softener. The main reason I did was because one of the reviews or advertisements they had said, "No questions asked." I studied it for a couple of months before I decided to go with them. Although the softener I got had a seven or 10-year guarantee, I worry more about the powerhead more than anything in it. So if the softener lasts that long then I’m pretty happy with it because I don’t see anything else going wrong except for the powerhead on the softener. I know a lot of water softeners don’t have that long of a guarantee. So for the extra money, I get with Discount some things that I like as their softener would operate a bit different than the other softeners where the water went off. Also, the Discount water softener saves on salt that I don’t use as it kinda regenerates it a bit.

Discount Water Softeners response

Hi John,

Thank you so much for your review. We're happy to hear that your water softener is working to remove even the extra iron in your water!

If anything ever happens with the powerhead, don't hesitate to let us know. We'll look into what we can do to satisfy you! Thank you for recommending us and we're happy to also hear that you're seeing the salt savings.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Water Softeners?

Original review: June 25, 2019

Our water softener was 20 years old and wasn't working really well. It got worn out. I bought the Genesis model from Discount Water Softeners off their website. The site was very good and informative. I researched the product then I called them to verify that I was getting the right one, and they answered my question correctly. When I had a question on the installation that I couldn’t quite figure out in the instructions, their rep gave me instant feedback and sent me some more detailed information so that I could finish it. I'm very satisfied with my water softener. The cost was very fair too. I’d highly recommend the company. From start to finish, from the first call to the last call, it was very good. They said they’d be there in three or four days and the product arrived at exactly the time they had told me.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I just placed one order from Discount Water Softeners and the experience was excellent. I found them by the website, but I called to place the order because I had some additional questions. They have excellent response. In the price range in what I was looking for to use, they were the most economical.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I wanted a water softener system to help with appliances and stuff in the water for clothes and showers, and the ordering process with Discount Water Softeners was all really simple. It was ready that day or the next day, and I went there and picked it up. If I had any questions, they answered them as well. I've had the system for about a year now and I've been very very satisfied. Everything has been going good with it. I’d recommend them as well.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I had a water softener system which was 18 years old and it wasn’t working very well, so I needed to change. The neighbor across the way got one from Discount Water Softener and he was happy with it. I talked to him and he has had his water softener for about two months. He said that if I was considering Discount Water Softener, he got an email. There was a kind of a sale of 30% discount. It was a fair price. I looked at it on the website and I started ordering it there. I had a question on the size of the connector, the ¾ versus a 1-inch, and I wasn’t 100% sure, so I called. The guy was able to help me out and I ended up doing it through him. If I would've understood that, I would've probably just done it online. The quality of the softener is good and I’m totally satisfied.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I received my product via UPS on 5/09/19. The boxes looked pretty beat-up, though nothing damaged. This review is solely to point out that these people do not answer their phones. If you have a problem or a question, leave a message or send an email and they’ll get back to you. This method of providing, “Customer Service” is absurd. Moreover, the videos available on YouTube offered by Discount Water Softeners are lame. When someone spends over a grand on your product, have someone available to answer questions... This is too much to expect from them. You are totally on-your-own! Sure hope this system holds up.

Doug **

Phoenix AZ

Discount Water Softeners response

Doug, Thank you for your review. I have been monitoring your emails up and back the last few days with Bill and see that he got you answers to your questions about how much water should be in the brine tank. Glad he could assist you. I am sorry that we were assisting other customers when you called. We also show you called on Sunday and did not leave a message. We are not available on Sundays for customer support. Feel free to contact us again if you still need assistance.

Discount Water Softeners expert review by Greg Chick

Discount Water Softeners has been offering commercial and residential water treatment solutions for over 25 years. It sells, services and installs water softeners, iron filters, reverse osmosis systems, sulfur filters and more. Consumers can order products online with free shipping, as well as take advantage of multiple online sales and specials.

• Home filtration: Discount Water Softeners offers whole-house carbon filtration, pH neutralizer and clover bottleless water cooler systems. Consumers can visit their website for a full list of each systems models, complete with pricing and features.

• Water softeners: Discount Water Softeners provides multiple models of on-demand, timered, cabinet style and commercial water softeners. It includes a water softener sizing chart online to help consumers determine the correct water softener for their home based on the number of people living in the residence.

• Free water hardness test kit: Discount Water Softeners will send free water hardness testing kits for city water residents. Consumers can fill out an online form with their basic information, how many people live in the home and how many bathrooms are in the home. Discount Water Softeners includes a coupon towards the purchase of a water softener with each kit.

• Install videos and guides: For consumers installing their water treatment products themselves, Discount Water Softeners provides online installation guides and videos. To view a guide in PDF form, simply click the model number to see the installation instructions. It also includes videos for the installation of various water softeners and water filtration systems.

• Water softener warranties: All of Discount Water Softeners water softeners come with full warranties. The fiberglass tanks come with a 10-year warranty, softener valves carry a five-year warranty and brine tanks have a five-year warranty.

• Best for: consumers looking for a wide variety of water treatment systems.

Profile picture of Greg Chick
      Greg Chick Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

Discount Water Softeners Company Information