Call toll free
(855) 410-2095
4.61/5
Based on 59 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Have you been interested in installing a water softener system? Discount Water Softeners offers a variety of softeners in order to help you find one that best fits your needs. Not only do we offer a variety of water softeners, but we also have a selection of filtration and reverse osmosis systems, UV lights, water testing kits, and more. Whatever your need might be, Discount Water Softeners guarantees quality products. Visit our website today for specials and order your products today!

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

99 Discount Water Softeners Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 10, 2018

I work with purified water so I've used water softener systems. I've always done my ordering from Discount Water Softeners' website and I've never had any issues that I couldn't resolve over the internet. The website is very well put together with a lot of information and everything is categorized nicely. They've always been extremely reliable and cheap plus the shipping has always been right on point. And the items are in perfect condition and everything's brand new. The package is great. Also, they're local with one of their branches in Florida which is another reason why I used them. I have high remarks for Discount Water Softeners. In my line of work, it's hard to find a place that you can rely on knowing that they're gonna have the parts I need. I recommend them to other people, too.

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 9, 2018

The water here in Florida is really hard so we needed a water softener system. I liked Discount Water Softeners' price. My system pays less than $1,000 and the others were probably $3,000 and $4,000. A friend of mine who bought one of their systems told me about it so I went ahead and bought the same through the website. Discount could get a better page especially when you do mobile. Their website was like all over the place. But so far, so good other than that. And I referred a few people to Discount.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I put in a new shower and I put it in a new bathroom. I was starting to see scale and stuff build up, and I didn’t want it destroyed, so I decided to get a water softener. The pricing of Discount Water Softeners was good. However, I had a little problem. I was missing a part but they shipped it right out to me. So, it was all good. It’s been working out great and I noticed a 100% improvement in the quality of our water since having it. Our drinking water with that included with the reverse osmosis system is outstanding.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Somebody mentioned the Discount Water Softeners website to me. He was really satisfied with the product and said they had decent pricing so I went on there and looked at some of the models. The website was real easy to navigate and you can plug in your household size. I purchased a Genesis model and there was some deal you could get if you bought the quick connection kit with the water softener upfront but I didn’t realize that till after. I talked to a sales consultant via email and tried to get him to retroactively apply it. But he wasn't able to do that. I would’ve thought that they would honor that considering I had just bought the water softener which wasn’t a cheap purchase. But I still went ahead and bought it. The shipping went all smooth and nothing was damaged.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I bought some charcoal bedding for my softener from Discount. I put my order online and they shipped it, and I got it in two days. And its quality is very good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Water Softeners?

Original review: May 30, 2018

I’ve ordered five products from Discount Water Softeners over the phone and I've spoken with the same guy every time I’ve called, but he’s been great. I've been working with Discount for a year and a half, and they've been sharp with the water quality issues I've been working with. Everything’s worked good so far. They’re worth using.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 29, 2018

We have hard water so we purchased a Genesis water softener online. On the Discount Water Softeners' website, it says there that the water softener is going to regen at a delayed regen time. The rep, whose expertise wasn’t good, was adamant about this and turned it to the on position so it regens at 2:00 AM every day. I needed to have that setting set to the off position so it only regens however long the regen cycle takes. But that was also the opposite of what they tell on the video and in the instructions that come with it.

Finally, after I programmed and reprogrammed, read the manual, and looked at the video over and over again, I talked to the rep. I told them that it's an error and they ought to change their video and their instructional manuals because that was a frustrating experience. Also, it costs a lot of money to regen every day as water here in Arizona isn’t cheap. Then I had some other issues and a question that I asked through email but they never responded, so I gave up. If I had the instructions right and they’ve been responsive to me, it would’ve been a better experience.

Tom,

I am very sorry for any confusion on the programming of your system. The system will not regenerated at a delayed regeneration each night unless someone manually turns it on. Our video and manual instructions do reflect that but if it was confusing I do apologize. Please feel free to reach out to us again if you need any additional support. We have recently moved to a larger facility that will allow us the ability to take on more staff to assist you faster.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I was experiencing scratchy skin and dry hair, and then my plumber recommended Discount Water Softeners. Our dealings with DWS were all over the internet. I have had the unit for four months already, and it has been great. It has not, however, solved my itchy skin, but that is okay. Overall, I would recommend them.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I've got hard well water. I went with Discount Water Softeners because it has a good price and a good website that was helpful to get me up and running without any problems. I ordered it online, and the instructions were straightforward and everything worked. I have had the unit for five months now and it seems to be operating properly. It was worth the money.

Original review: May 25, 2018

My old water softener system broke, so I needed a new one. I purchased the Fleck 9100 96,000-grain water softener from Discount Water Softeners through Amazon. It was easy to find the product that I was looking for. To a certain extent, I was replacing an existing product, so I pretty much knew what I wanted. So far, everything has been great with the quality of the product that I got and I would recommend Discount Water Softeners.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 24, 2018

Genesis Revolution 64,000 grain Water Softener - I purchased and installed this unit six months ago. At first, it worked extremely well but recently stopped working altogether. It runs through its regeneration cycle as programmed but makes no soft water. I worked through the troubleshooting guide checking everything that was suggested but nothing worked. I then attempted to call Customer Service but no one answered. I called five times over two weeks each time leaving my name and contact information. I never received any response. Once, someone actually answered the phone only to tell me no technicians were available but assured me someone would get back to me right away. Nothing. This is absolutely unacceptable; This unit was not inexpensive. If you choose to buy one and it works for you consider yourself lucky because if it doesn't you are on your own.

Kris,

I do apologize, we did receive your two phone messages left on May 4th and 5th. Your messages along with some others were initially lost during our company move. We moved to a larger facility May4th-6th and our phones were down for most of those 2-3 days. We did not get the messages highlighted in our system so they did appear as though they were called back. I do apologize.

It is my understanding that our tech Bill was able to help determine that you had it plumbed in backwards and that is why it was not functioning correctly. I am glad he was able to assist and get your system working properly. If you need anything else please let us know. You can also email us anytime as well and we can assist.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I’m in West Loxahatchee River in Florida, and the water had tannins in it and was dark. I bought a house that had a water softener at the property and it needed to be rebuilt. And I had a neighbor who had used Discount Water Softeners and said that their service was good. So, I called and set me up and they sent me all the stuff that I needed to put new guts in my water softener. The product is supposed to take out everything. I had to get two different types of filter that go in it. One’s a regular one and another one’s some special thing that takes out the tannins and the colors.

My neighbor had given me a good indication of what I needed because he did the same thing for his water. And then when I contacted Discount's salesperson, he knew what I was talking about. In fact, he pulled up the other person’s account and said, “Yeah. This is what we sold him.” So far, the overall quality of the products has been really good. My water’s starting to taste a little funky again. Over a matter of four days, there was a complete change in the water. I live here by myself so I don’t use a lot of water. And before I could never get any bubbles. The water was too damn dark but now, I'm getting soap in the shower. It’s worked out very well. I’d recommend Discount.

Original review: May 18, 2018

We had normal hard water. We bought a unit online from Discount Water Softeners and we got the black one. We looked at all the information about the one we thought would work from their website and we didn't have any trouble using it. We knew what the hardness of the water was, so we already knew what type of water softener we needed. The product works great and it's good quality. Now, we don't have hard water and we'd tell our friends that we had a good experience with Discount Water Softeners.

Discount Water Softeners response

Thank you Stuart for your review and thank you for purchasing a Genesis water softener. Not dealing with any hard water after having it is a great change. We're happy everything works well and happy you would tell your friends about us!

Original review: May 17, 2018

We're an installer of water softeners and we purchase from Discount Water Softeners for our customers. We buy from them online and their website is very easy to use. Their consultants have been helpful, too. They're a great source of water softeners for us and so far, the quality of the items we received from them was as expected.

Discount Water Softeners response

Top quality for both the website and water softeners is very important to us. We are very glad to hear that the website was easy to use and the items have met your quality standards. As well as our support desk! Thank you, Scott, for the review!

Original review: May 11, 2018

I have hard water here in my vacation home. I wanted a whole-home water softener and I Googled it. The reviews came up and Genesis was one of the best. Then I shopped for the price and Discount Water Softeners had the best one. They carried the Genesis, which was recommended online, and the deal included free delivery, so, I purchased a unit from them on behalf of my son through his company. I did it online and their website was very useful. It was great because you could put in the hardness of your water, then it would recommend a system. Everything I needed to find to make an informed decision was there online and I just backed it up with a couple of other Google searches to make sure it was correct.

Everything was right on with my order and I was happy with delivery. It was very fast and everything was included in the package. Plus, the system works great and it's very good quality. I've got two other homes with water softeners and this one from Discount Water Softeners is by far the best system I've got. The cost was excellent, too, compared to what I am getting. If I wanted the other prices or services, I could call them again and they'd come out and do it all. But this is much cheaper. If I had to buy another water softener, I'd go back to the same place. I'd also tell others to use Discount Water Softeners. They're considerably less expensive than their competitors for the same product, except the shipping was done the next day, so we had the product within a few days.

Discount Water Softeners response

We are happy that you found us through Google! Your research paid off as well! You found the better price, better product, and quick service for your Genesis water softener. Knowing that your system works great and is of very good quality also makes us happy to know!

Thank you for your review and your future recommendations, Dave! If you ever need anything more for us, feel free to call or email. Keep enjoying your soft water!

Original review: May 6, 2018

I live in Arizona where the water is really hard and I was trying to get the best price with a good water softener system. I purchased the Genesis water softener through Discount Water Softeners' website. The site was really good and has a lot of good information to educate myself. But the problem was you need to find someone to install. Since they said it's really easy to install, I thought it would be something that you could do yourself. It was a little bit more complex than we could do by our own and at the end, I had to pay someone to install. I also ordered the Reverse Osmosis water filter and I don’t think it’s working properly or that is no pressure there because now the water pressure in my refrigerator is really low. So, I’m not satisfied. But so far, Discount Water Softeners' products have been great. I’d tell people to buy from them.

Discount Water Softeners response

Hi Carlos, thank you for purchasing from DWS! We are sorry to hear that self-installing didn't work out. We offer some videos that could help in the future. We also have an installation guide and two videos that could help with your reverse osmosis system. Thank you for recommending us in the future Carlos.

Original review: May 5, 2018

The water in Arizona is extremely hard. I used the web and the reviews that were posted online to research water softener products and a lot of those reviews were posted with people who directly purchased from Discount Water Softeners' website. Their site was great and worked well for me. It provided all the information I needed to make a good decision. I bought the Genesis system from there and the experience was good. Everything was received which included all the parts and necessary equipment and nothing was damaged. The installation was straightforward as well. The Youtube videos also provided a lot of helpful information for the installation.

The product works really well. It provides water that is better for your skin and that actually takes the soap away from your skin. If the soap doesn’t come off, your skin would stick a little bit, the soap would get stuck in your pores, and you'd end up with acne. The quality of the system is fine too. It's meant to last because it was made here in the United States and not sourced out of another nation using cheap labor. Also, the cost was excellent. For the product that was received, it was priced appropriately. I’ve recommended Discount Water Softeners to a couple other friends who had purchased homes or in need of a water softener system. And everybody here in Arizona is in need of a water softener.

Discount Water Softeners response

We're happy to hear that you found us online and read other reviews. And that's what our installation guides are there for, to help out our customers.

There's a lifetime guarantee on the resin and brine tank too! If you need any additional help, you know where to find us. Thank you for recommending DWS to friends!

Original review: May 4, 2018

We have a new well. I went to Discount Water Softener's website and bought a water softener system for four people. The site was good, but I also called to make sure my order went through. The rep made sure all my questions were answered and it was great. So far, everything is working fine. The product we have helps the fixtures in the house and the water is not as hard. I've been recommending Discount Water Softener. I tell people to check out their products versus what Lowe’s and Home Depot have. The cost seems to be cheaper too, but it could depend on where you’re actually living.

Discount Water Softeners response

Hi Jeramy, thank you for choosing DWS! We're glad that our customer service was able to help and confirm your order. Now you have great running fixtures and soft water! Thank you for recommending DWS to friends!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

We had hard water at our home. I found a water softener system online by Discount Water Softeners and then I called in. We talked about the house, the number of rooms and the volume. They recommended products that I might need and the rep helped me pick one for the whole house. They also sent me some quick connect hoses. I installed the system myself and it was easy. Since installing the system, I don't have water spots on my glasses anymore and they come out better in the dishwasher. Also, the cost of the system was good when compared to the quality so I got another one because I have two homes. I was happy with them because somebody answered the phone, I didn't get cut off and I didn't get the runaround. I knew what they were talking about and it was as advertised. Everything was good, which is a little rare these days. I have recommended them.

Discount Water Softeners response

Thank you, Robert, for your review! We're glad to hear that the installation was easy too.

The effects of soft water can be seen pretty quickly after living with hard water in a home. Having spotless dishes is one of them! Giving you and other customers information and attention necessary is important to us. Thank you for recommending DWS!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

We have hard water but the only water softener system I had went out. I had to replace it with a product from Discount Water Softeners a year ago and it's been good for the most part. But the website was a little bit confusing and the navigation could be easier. It helped that I knew what I was looking for so ordering was a bit easy.

Discount Water Softeners response

Hi Bruce, thank you for choosing Discount Water Softeners for your new water softener purchase. We hope that if you have visited our website recently, you have found it to be easier to navigate and understand.

If anything ever comes up, please contact us!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I had a water softener system back in the day. I bought one for my parents for a present for them because they lived out to where they had well water and it’s hard water. It was a nice system and then when they passed away, I removed it so then we got to get used to it and got spoiled with it. When it started to get it where it kept running water into the drain and to be overflowed where it kept draining out and I went to buy parts for it, I can’t get them. The thing was 25 years old and I was told its parts were obsolete. I tried fixing it and rigged it up and got it working again but then I decided to buy one and found out a new premier up-flow water softener system that Discount had so I got it.

We loved it and it was working great. But then three months after we had it, we noticed that our water wasn’t soft again. Its valve was messing up and it wasn’t drawing from the brine tank. I talked to their guys and did all the stuff they told me to do but still wasn’t functioning properly. I shipped it out back to them and they couldn’t fix it either. They sent it back to the manufacturer and they just sent me a new head assembly and it’s been working fine since. They handled the situation greatly. It’s easy to hook up and doesn’t use up salt like the other one did.

Discount Water Softeners response

Having soft water is a bit like being spoiled! We're glad that you found us and purchased the premier upflow water softener from us.

We want all of our customers to be satisfied with their purchase so we're very happy to hear that you're finally enjoying soft water again. If anything else comes up, please let us know! Thank you again for purchasing from DWS, Michael!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I had a lot of iron in the water and the water coming out of the faucet was orangish. We just moved into the house and I was wondering why the owner before didn't have some type of filter system installed. My wife didn't even want to do the laundry with water like that because she was concerned about the whites. When I was looking at the website of Discount Water Softeners, there was a lot of information. I also talked with someone about it and he pointed me in the right direction with things. One part was they would get samples of the water and test it to see what's in the water and what's not.

But my main concern was the orangish color and that led me directly to the unit that removes the iron. I got the biggest iron filter they had and it works really good. It has cleared the water up so I don’t have any issues with the orange color anymore. It’s making the family happy and I got a good price too. I was happy with everything and I’d definitely shop at Discount Water Softeners again.

Discount Water Softeners response

We are happy to hear that you have clear, filtered water now, Dennis. Some of the information can be a lot to take in on our website which is why we're also available via the phone or email.

If you ever do have any issues in the future with your unit, please contact us. We want to keep your family happy! Thank you for your review!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

When my water softener system failed, I researched on different water softeners online and Discount Water Softeners carried a model that I was interested in. I went to their website and it was very easy to navigate. I selected the softener’s model, paid for it and had them ship it. I hired a local plumber to install it and he didn't have any trouble connecting it up because the mechanics are all the same although its technology was different. In terms of its quality, it’s very good. I noticed that it’s more efficient and I don’t use as much salt. I’d recommend them and if I needed another water softener, I’d go through them again.

Hi Frederick!

Thank you for your review. We pride ourselves on our upflow technology to save you on salt and water usage. Thank you for your purchase and recommendation!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

My water softener system was about 19 years old, and it wasn’t working anymore. The Discount Water Softeners website was thorough and had all the information I needed, especially when comparing to other brands that I had found on other sites. It made it easy for me to figure out what they had, what the pros and cons were, and it’s what allowed me to make the right decision. I went to the site and put in a request for a quote. The salesperson called me up and asked me exactly what it is I needed, what kind of pipes I had, the size, so that he could better explain to me the stuff I saw on the website and answer any questions that I also might have had, which was helpful. I wasn’t exactly sure how the hookup was going to work and that cleared that up, which is what made me purchase it.

I got a quote with a discount and when I was ready, I bought a medium-end water softener and a hookup kit. They delivered it to my house for free and the gentleman was kind enough to bring the unit all the way down to my basement for me instead of just leaving it at the front door, which I thought was very nice. The quality as compared to the cost is very good and the system is way better than the builder grade I originally had. This was superior and very easy to install. Originally, I was getting quotes to have somebody install it and I was stunned at the price they wanted for that, especially knowing what the prices of the units were and how easy it was to install. I ended up doing it myself and saved $1,200. Also, I used to buy 40-pound bags of salt a month, and now I’m buying one a month.

Discount Water Softeners response

We're so happy that you chose us after having your original water softener for 19 years! We want to help all those who have questions regarding our water softeners and the installation process of it.

And we're pleased to hear that the delivery and set up process was quick and easy for you. Thank you for becoming a customer Mark!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I was looking for the professional grade equipment, not like what Home Depot or Lowe’s would sell. For that grade of equipment, Discount Water Softeners had the best price I could find and I was able to find all that I needed on the website. However, I found the website to be a little bit confusing and it took a little bit of work. But I installed the system myself and that was super easy. I'm happy with the product so far and I’ve already recommended it to people. I would tell others not to hesitate.

Hi Chad,

We're glad that you were able to find us and we fit your budget. Hopefully, you've seen and used our updated website since your first visit! It's been redesigned to facilitate finding the best water softener for your home. Thank you so much for recommending us and we're happy to hear you're satisfied!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

We were doing a construction project to add to the house and we got the water softener system of Discount Water Softeners mainly because we wanted longevity for the appliances and fixtures. I purchased the system online and it was easy to navigate their website. Then I had a plumber install the system for me. The setup and process were easy and it was a cost-effective and quality solution.

Discount Water Softeners response

Thanks for choosing us Jordan! Glad to hear that the navigation was easy and so was the setup and process!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

The Discount Water Softeners website was informative and easy to use. I had a couple of questions and the sales rep answered them right away. I was satisfied with their answers. The system was easy to install and I did it myself. It worked right from the get-go. I like the system and it doesn’t use much salt. I'd recommend them.

Discount Water Softeners response

Thanks for your review Larry! And thank you for calling us with any questions that you had. We're happy to help. Thank you for recommending us in the future.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I had a lot of staining on my tiles and I did some research on cost and Discount Water Softeners is the most reasonable. Their representatives are good. I ordered bits and pieces from them over the phone. I installed them myself and it was fairly easy. Since then, the water has been much better. I’ve been happy with it.

Discount Water Softeners response

Thank you, Brad, for the review and your purchases! Happy to hear you are that you are happy!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

We were getting scales in our water and we decided to contact Discount Water Softeners because of their product's features and price. I like that I take a lot of salt in just once, fill it up, then it goes a long time with that salt as it cycles through to soften the water. I don’t have to fill it up once every six months and that was one of the reasons we waited so long to get a water softener. We didn’t want something that would require us to go down there every month and fill it up with salt.

I bought the water softener system through their website and it was fairly easy. I put in what my requirements were through the search field and it gave me models that I liked to consider with the different features that I was looking for. It was a simple process and I felt confident with what I was doing and what we got. We were able to install the system ourselves and everything was fairly straightforward. I’ve been very pleased with what it’s done so far. It helped cut down scales in the bathrooms and in the dishwashers. It also cut back on the amount of soap that we use in cleaning our clothes for the laundry. Plus, there's no negative impact on the electrical and water bills. It’s a good value for the money and a reliable product. We enjoy it and we wish Discount Water will keep up the good work.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Our old water softener system went bad so I got on Discount Water Softeners' website, saw which ones they had, looked that the specs, knew which one we needed and ordered it. I love the unit that we got and it's much more efficient than the one I replaced it with. The quality of the product was excellent and their reps were very easy to work with. I'd use Discount Water Softeners again.

Discount Water Softeners response

Quick and easy process Don! We love that! Thank you for your review!

Discount Water Softeners expert review by Greg Chick

Discount Water Softeners has been offering commercial and residential water treatment solutions for over 25 years. It sells, services and installs water softeners, iron filters, reverse osmosis systems, sulfur filters and more. Consumers can order products online with free shipping, as well as take advantage of multiple online sales and specials.

• Home filtration: Discount Water Softeners offers whole-house carbon filtration, pH neutralizer and clover bottleless water cooler systems. Consumers can visit their website for a full list of each systems models, complete with pricing and features.

• Water softeners: Discount Water Softeners provides multiple models of on-demand, timered, cabinet style and commercial water softeners. It includes a water softener sizing chart online to help consumers determine the correct water softener for their home based on the number of people living in the residence.

• Free water hardness test kit: Discount Water Softeners will send free water hardness testing kits for city water residents. Consumers can fill out an online form with their basic information, how many people live in the home and how many bathrooms are in the home. Discount Water Softeners includes a coupon towards the purchase of a water softener with each kit.

• Install videos and guides: For consumers installing their water treatment products themselves, Discount Water Softeners provides online installation guides and videos. To view a guide in PDF form, simply click the model number to see the installation instructions. It also includes videos for the installation of various water softeners and water filtration systems.

• Water softener warranties: All of Discount Water Softeners water softeners come with full warranties. The fiberglass tanks come with a 10-year warranty, softener valves carry a five-year warranty and brine tanks have a five-year warranty.

• Best for: consumers looking for a wide variety of water treatment systems.

Profile picture of Greg Chick
Greg Chick

Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

Discount Water Softeners Company Information