toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Discount Water Softeners

Otis, Adrienne recalls talking with you and said you were great to work with so she could help make sure and recommend the right system to remove the high amount of iron (13 ppm) in your well and increase the pH at the same time. It always makes us feel great when customers are enjoying their clean water and support helped you with additional questions after the sale. We're here if you ever need anything else or have questions.

Original review: April 9, 2017

Had a rental house that had high iron and low ph. The filter system Adrienne sold me works great. The well had over 13 parts of iron. Not cheap but worth the money. Very easy to install and good support system if you have any problems.

Discount Water Softeners

Bruce, we're glad to hear your new Genesis Premier 40,000 grain softener is working well in your home with your family. Please let us know if you need anything else or have questions and thank you for taking the time to let us know.

Original review: April 8, 2017

My son and his fiancée are living with me, and that made me decide to get a water softening system. I then purchase the Premier water softener from Discount. I’m fine with it, so far. The quality is okay.

Discount Water Softeners

Kevin, our customers love the Katalox iron filter, and we appreciate your friend referring you to us! It removes ferrous and ferric iron and doesn't require chemicals, which gives you peace of mind and saves money, too. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions.

Original review: April 3, 2017

I had rust collected on my bathtubs, toilets and sinks. I inquired from one of my friends and he said that Discount Water Softener worked really well so I chose to go with it. I purchased it online and so far, it's been good. I have no complaints. I'd tell people it works.

Discount Water Softeners

Jo, your feedback was amazing and much appreciated. Many customers think they have to pay a small fortune to receive a quality softener until they find our site. We're so happy you found us through our informative articles and Adrienne really enjoys helping our customers with sizing based on your own water and home. We are so happy you're enjoying soft water with your new Genesis Premier 32,000. Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions in the future, and thank you again for the detailed review.

Original review: April 1, 2017

I had the Kinetico water system for 38 years. It worked fine except for the last three years. I started having all kinds of problems and their people had indicated that they could not service us this particular model anymore because it was so obsolete. I priced the Kinetico and it was outrageous. I looked around and came upon Discount's Fleck 5600. Then I saw an article that looked at Genesis versus Fleck 5600. I investigated it and checked it out as best as I could. I talked to Adrianne, the young lady from Discount and her knowledge and courtesy convinced me that those are the kinds of people I'd like to deal with. She assured me that the water softener was really easy to connect and it was, because I had another water softener installed that I got rid of. It worked fine and it's been working fine ever since. Discount Water Softeners has been excellent and I'm very happy with my purchase.

Resolution In Progress

Discount Water Softeners

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your input on your experience with us. All of our manuals that ship with our systems are also supported with additional video installation instructions on our website.

If you ever are unable to get the help you need from our manual or videos after your purchase, please email us at support@discountwatersofteners.com and one of our tech support personnel can assist you further.

If you need help sizing your softener correctly or have questions about any products or connections on our site prior to purchasing, please email newsales@discountwatersofteners.com or fill out this form: https://www.discountwatersofteners.com/new-sales-water-softeners

As an option on all our water softeners, we also carry quick connect flex connector kits that can be used with any PEX, CPVC, or copper piping. Our quick connector kits make installation a snap and do not require additional parts.

Thank you again for purchasing from Discount Water Softeners. We are happy that you received your item as described.

Original review: March 28, 2017

Product arrived as described, but came with very little installation information. I installed the water softener primarily from a 3D image of it on the front cover, the process could have gone a lot easier. Would have been a nice touch to provide some PEX adapters. No one wants to go to the store and buy more parts for something that already costs over grand.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Water Softeners?

Discount Water Softeners

Miste, thank you so much for your valuable feedback. We're so happy you received your Genesis Revolution 64,000 grain softener and reverse osmosis system. Our team loves helping great customers like you, and we're always here if you need anything!

Original review: March 25, 2017

The price of Discount Water Softeners is really reasonable. And the folks that we've spoken to are super great. I feel like they're a family - the whole environment of me talking to one person or another. Even if it was a little out of the department, they still knew the answer to the question. Also, someone always returns my phone call pretty quickly. We haven’t hooked it up yet because we had to fix some of the plumbing but it wasn’t their fault. I’m sure that it’s a good product and I would recommend them.

Discount Water Softeners

Clifford, thank you for letting us know your Katalox iron filter and Genesis softener arrived in a timely manner by UPS and everything is working as it should on your well water to remove iron and also provide you with great, soft water. Please let us know if you need anything else and thank you again.

Original review: March 23, 2017

We bought the Katalox iron filter and the Genesis water softener through the Discount Water Softeners website. The price is good, and the items were delivered timely and in one piece. Everything works and is working as it should for our well water. It's a great and quality product.

Discount Water Softeners

William, thank you for letting us know Adrienne provided you with a great buying experience and sizing/recommendation of your Genesis Premier water softener. It's fantastic knowing our videos and customers can install these with ease and enjoy their new, soft water! We're here if you need anything else, and thank you for taking the time to let us know.

Original review: March 22, 2017

I called to get advice and had a great experience with Adrienne. She recommended the 32,000 gallon Genesis Premier. The ordering was simple and the unit was delivered on time in perfect condition. Easy install by my handyman and I did the startup and programming myself. It was easy to follow the quick start guide and videos, and I'm not a mechanical guy. Everything is working fine and I would highly recommend this company and their products.

Discount Water Softeners

Hi, Larry, and thank you so much for your feedback. We are actually revamping where the specifications go on our website, so your input solidified the change we're making here in the upcoming months because we value what helps our customers through their buying experience. The Genesis Premier Cabinet is a great fit for our customers who have a smaller space, and they can still enjoy soft water using less salt/water, too. We're here for you if you need anything else, and thank you again.

Original review: March 22, 2017

I have hard water, and I needed a water softening system and got one from Discount. The website was good. The only problem was that I needed the height and the width of the unit according to the space that I have as I wanted to make sure about the dimensions, but it was difficult trying to search around for the measurements of the water softener, as these were located at the bottom of the page and I had to scroll all the way down. The website has a grid with everything in a quadrant, and one could either scroll from top to bottom or go from left to right. They explained everything about how the system works, and how functional and efficient it is, which is really good. But for the detail or minor stuff, all it takes is a phone call to find out.

Overall, it was a good experience and I would recommend them. For a tough quality water softener, I would go with Discount, although the price is a little above the normal water softener. There are cheaper ones, but these would maybe not last as long. On the other hand, getting the Discount water softener is a long-term investment and it's worth the money, according to the reviews that I've read.

Discount Water Softeners

Theodore, it's great you were able to share how little salt you are using with your new Genesis Premier 32,000 grain softener with our upflow technology, as well as how easy it was to install. Customers just love them and we really appreciate the time you took to write a review! Feel free to contact us anytime you have questions.

Original review: March 21, 2017

I was really pleasantly surprised as how easy it was to install. After 3 months of installation it takes less salt in the tank to soften the water than I thought it would actually need. I will review the system next year.

Discount Water Softeners

Tony, we really enjoyed working with you to help size the Genesis Premier 32,000 grain softener for your daughter. It was our pleasure and we are always ecstatic to hear our products are making families across the US happy with soft water! Please contact us anytime and let us know if you need anything.

Original review: March 20, 2017

We purchased the up-flow water Softeners as a house-warming gift for our daughter in her new home in Gilbert, AZ. We couldn't be happier with service & delivery of product!! They have tested their water twice and the result after the second test after was spot on!!! They did an adjustment after the first test based on results... Thank you for taking care of our family!!!

Discount Water Softeners

Brad, we're so happy you're enjoying your Genesis Duo 32,000 grain softener and your water is tasting better, too, with the catalytic carbon filter. Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your wonderful feedback and let us know if we may be of further assistance in the future.

Original review: March 20, 2017

Quality water softeners and filtration for a lower price than the competition. I'm very happy with my purchase so far. My water is better tasting and soft as it should be. Installation was easy. I haven't seen my softeners performance over a long period of time, but so far very pleased.

Discount Water Softeners

Jeffrey, we are so happy to hear you are pleased with your new Genesis Premier 32,000 grain softener and shipping/programming was easy with our on-site videos. We're here for you, should you ever have any additional questions.

Original review: March 20, 2017

I'm quite pleased with the softener. The company was easy to deal with and helped me get the correct softener. It was delivered on time and was easy to install. Their videos made programming very easy.

Discount Water Softeners

Laura, it was a pleasure helping you purchase the right size Genesis Revolution 48,000 grain, high efficiency softener for your home. Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with a review. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Original review: March 20, 2017

I was very pleased with my experience with DWS. We had consulted with a local plumbing supply and it appeared that they might be making it all sound complicated in order to charge us more. I purchased my own water test kit at the hardware store for $11, sent the info to DWS, and they sent me a very detailed proposal for the units that would work for us and what the pros and cons were for each. Then unit arrived on schedule with good support and instructions and after about a month of use, we are extremely happy. We haven't yet retested the water, but don't see anymore scale on our sinks or appliances. Would highly recommend.

Discount Water Softeners

Jeff, having a repeat customer like you is our pleasure--time and time again. We have all talked about how much we enjoy talking with you and getting your great emails, as well as helping you with our Genesis systems. We're happy the Genesis neutralizer and water softener is working great for you and your parents home, and we'll be here to answer any additional questions about the Katalox.

Adrienne really enjoys helping customers find the "right size" systems to match their water readings and Bill is fantastic support after the sale, so it's always fantastic to hear they are solving problems for our valued customers like you.

Please contact us anytime when you need anything, and thank you again for being such an awesome customer!

Original review: March 17, 2017

I'm working with Discount Water Softeners because it's not my first experience and it was just as positive as the last time. I had two different applications over the last few years with two different requirements. One in my house on a private well and another on my parent's house on a private well. One for a pH balancer and the other for a water softener. So, through the one year calling on the most recent, we had hard water as well as Iron and Manganese.

Two years ago, I bought a pH balancer for my house and the most recent purchase was a Genesis Premier water softener. I went directly through Discount Water Softeners and worked with two different people, Adrienne and Bill. I'm a technical salesperson of 30 years and know what it's like to deal with people who know what the heck they're talking about. I had, in both cases, fairly complex applications and both Adrienne and Bill were extremely qualified in the area of understanding water testing results and the issues I was having. As well as, all of my technical questions around the many options for correcting said problems.

Online ordering and their price competitiveness were the two things that were primary in my decisions to deal with Discount Water Softeners. But, they've been almost more than this level of technical support on both pre-sales and post-sales. Both are up and running and they absolutely solved my problem as engineered and as advertised. Also, I'm considering a Katalox filter for my home based on more conversation and analysis from Adrienne. Over the two years that I did both of these systems, I had a lot more interaction with her and they are lucky to have her on their team.

Discount Water Softeners

Vincent, we appreciate your feedback about your new Genesis Premier 32,000 grain softener and we're glad to hear the person you spoke with helped you without any pressure. A customer's buying experience should be a positive, informative experience, and we would like to thank you so much for letting us know. We're here if you need anything else.

Original review: March 16, 2017

I purchased a house and it didn't have a softener. I tested the water and the hardness wasn't acceptable. We were having some issues with the water, so I purchased a water softener directly through Discount Water Softeners. I started out online and finished up with talking to a lady on some questions I had. She was a knowledgeable person and wasn't pushy. I like the quality of my purchase. It was ten percent across the lane tip mineral. I was a little leery about the control head and so forth. But its fine. I used to sell softeners, so I know the problems, and what I got from Discount Water Softeners appeared to be a quality piece of equipment. Time will tell, but right now, everything is fine.

Discount Water Softeners

Brad, we're so happy to hear your new Genesis water softener is providing your family with soft hair and water at home now! We're glad Adrienne was able to provide you with the help you needed to purchase the correct size, too, and help answer all your questions. It's always a pleasure to hear back from our valued customers, and let us know if you ever have additional questions. Thank you again.

Original review: March 15, 2017

Our second home is in California and I’m not used to hard water. Also, my wife continued to complain about her hair and it turned out everybody over here has a water softener so I bought one from Discount Water Softeners. I went to their website, and it worked great. The gal that I talked to was very helpful, and she did a great job.

Discount Water Softeners

Conrad, we're so happy your customer is enjoying their new Genesis 40,000 grain upflow softener. It's always great when we have plumbers and home builders tell us their customers really want high efficiency softeners today that use less salt and water. Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know and write a review. We're here if you need anything else.

Original review: March 14, 2017

A customer of mine needed a water softener and the Discount Water Softener has been installed and in service for about two weeks. It's been working fine and the cost is very comparable and even a little under other softeners. They are very easy to deal with and it's a good quality product.

Discount Water Softeners

Lynn, thank you for letting us know how simple the process was of buying a Genesis 40,000 grain softener for your hard water with some iron in Michigan and letting us know it arrived quickly. We're here if you have any questions and really appreciate your feedback.

Original review: March 12, 2017

I live in Michigan and we have a well and hard water with a lot of iron in it. I've had a water softener for the last 24 years that I've lived here but it died out and we replaced it with the system from Discount Water Softeners. I ordered it through the website, the process was very simple and easy and it was here within a few days after. The price was reasonable. It's an upgraded softener than what I had, so I'm looking forward to seeing if it does conserve salt and water, which is one of the claims. I paid more for it than the simpler system but I'm hoping it's gonna be worth it.

Discount Water Softeners Company Profile