2.97/5
Based on 29 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for a home improvement contractor?

Lino Lakes, MN

33 Custom Remodelers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Custom Remodelers did a very good job with our home. We have had a really great experience with them. As far as the Install on the Entry Door they were here and gone in one day. The actual product is great. The seal on the door is the best part. It's very heavy duty also which we love.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I am beyond pleased with my stone siding that CRI did on the front of my house. The 1st day the installer finished and took down the tarp I had 5 people from neighbors to passer buyers come and let me know how beautiful and different my house was now from all the cookie cutter houses. I also was very surprised by what good financing options they made available to me. I'm going to do the front of my detached garage soon too.

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 12, 2018

The windows are absolutely perfect. Exactly what I wanted. My favorite feature is the Security Lock so I have no worries of someone breaking in. And a benefit that I have no sound to hear as far as airplanes and cars.

Original review: July 4, 2018

They are super creepy! Single female homeowners beware. In April 2016, the only reason that I set an appt for an estimate is because as I was walking my dogs home, I saw a guy prowling around the perimeter of my house. When I found out that he was an appt setter (very pushy), I agreed to have someone come out, but emphasized that I do not have much time for a sales pitch because I was working on an important project with a deadline and could not be disturbed. He would not give me a website or phone number. Even when two salesmen came the next day, gave me an estimate & pressured me to commit, right then, I told them, again, that I do not have time to ponder any of this until early May (in two weeks) when I am done with my critical work project & need to focus only on that, until early May. Told them that I also will get two more estimates.

They said that the offer on the gutters will not be available after today. I said "ok" (whatever) & "thank you" & that I would get back to them in early May, like I'd said. I walked into my garage & shut my garage door on them standing in my driveway. Well, I guess they googled me, saw that I am, indeed a doctor owning clinics and then, came in for the kill, within a couple days. They kept ringing my phone off the hook, calling and hanging up, sometimes 3-4 times a day, not leaving a message. This was distracting while I was trying to focus on my project while at home. They constantly called before the time that I said that I would be available in early May. I had intended to consider their bid but the phone call harassment, distracting me from important work, turned me off. I have call logs of over 40 calls in the time span of only 3 weeks. I had even blocked their number, temporarily, just to get peace till my project was finished.

Then, they started calling over & over from another number. Went to various complaint sites to see if anyone else has had any problems, as I was now ready to get my gutters replaced. I see many complaints, similar to mine. No way, Jose! Left a msg at the last number that they were harassing me from & said to take me off their calling list. These people are creepy!

(And, their neighborhood canvassers are still working this neighborhood, now 2018 and had the nerve to bang on my door, two different times, already this year. I reiterate my experience about their sleazy salesmen, and that I do not know why they still have my info to even approach me, again & again, even after I tell the solicitors my bad experience in 2016 & all the online reviews similar to mine. And, that I would never do business with their harassing company and have alerted the neighborhood to check reviews before entertaining this company. The last solicitor, yesterday, said that those salesmen are no longer with the company & that I would not have to talk to anyone in the company if I let him book for an estimate on the remaining windows on my house, being pushy and continually talking over me as I vented my frustration with the company. I started yelling and he finally ran away.)

Original review: June 11, 2018

We had siding done in July 2017, when the salesman came out and we signed a contract only to find that they had opened a loan for us that we did not agree to and did not end up using but still have this line of credit opened in our name. Also they gave us a program that would cover getting most of the house done, this was in my husband's name, when I called back several days later to see if we could put the rest in my name for the same program to get all of the house done at once, I was assured we could when it came closer to the time to do the work. I never heard from them again until I got a call from the installer that they were coming in two days. When I contacted the sales person they said we could not use the program because was no longer available. We had to take out a second loan to have all of the siding finished and still need to have the Soffit & Fascia done which means yet another loan being taken out.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Custom Remodelers?

Original review: May 7, 2018

Installer were very professional. Me and my wife love the new Windows. We have one bay window left and will be using Custom Remodelers again to finish our home. The storm door is nicer than we thought it would be. The sales staff went the extra mile to make sure we were taken good care of.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Window install - Everyone has been eager to go above, beyond, and out of their way, without hesitation nor prompting, to help and make sure everything was done right, and to ensure I was satisfied with the work done.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

One week before Christmas I got a knock on my inside porch door by someone claiming to be from a company called Custom Remodelers. This person wanted to know if I work during the day and if I would be home for the holidays within full view of my living room. He didn't have a business card and I had a hard time getting him to leave without being rude.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

We needed a new garage door. Ours was an old heavy wood monstrosity from when our 50's home was new. Custom Remodelers Inc helped us pick one out, installed our new door, even hauled the old one away for us.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I don't know if they do good work but I will tell you their customer service team is top notch! Just kidding. They keep calling me looking to set up an appointment for windows and I bluntly tell them "NO", they will not take any reason as to why and this last chick just hung up on me because clearly she has zero sales skills. Let's just make this VERY clear. When I am ready for windows you guys will be the LAST company I call! Even if the work is great. I'm sure if something went wrong you'd be nowhere in sight.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I would like to let other homeowners know how much I love my windows. I love the way my new windows look, my reduced energy bills. I'm saving megabucks since I have had all my windows replaced. I had Custom Remodelers do almost all my windows the 1st time but I had some new windows done a few years before that already. About a year after having the windows in my house that Custom Remodelers did I had them come back out and do the whole house even the ones that were not that old because I could tell such a big difference in Custom Remodelers windows and the other vinyl windows I had put in before.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I would like to say how happy I am with my new windows and doors from CRI. The new windows are so much better than my old windows. No more drafty cold windows. It also has made my entryway and back of my kitchen much more comfortable since I have had my new door systems with storm doors. The wind does not catch the new storm doors anymore because of the extra closer and being a much heavier door.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Custom Remodelers did a wonderful job on my roof. As a first time homeowner, I wasn’t sure what to expect. The employees were knowledgeable, kind, and efficient. The only complaint I have is that the dumpster was put on the wrong side of the driveway, which made it difficult to back out of the garage. I will be using Custom Remodelers down the road when I need my siding and windows done.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Mike and his crew did a professional job on replacing the siding on my house. They kept the area clean, neat and orderly. House looks great. Had the windows replaced 11 years ago by Custom Remodelers, installation was quick and clean also.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

From the moment Westin arrived, he was the model of professionalism at its best. He educated me on why I was having specific problems due to the inefficiency and improper installation of my current gutters. He also showed me how a different size product and what a properly installed gutter should look like. He also educated me on the quality of Custom Remodeler's product and why that was important as well.

Custom Remodelers are a family owned, Minnesota based company that is aware of the harder winters we experience. They also entrenched in the community and stand behind not only their product, but their workmanship as well. I did not feel pushed or guilt-ed into purchasing this particular product nor any additional products or services they furnish. Westin was a "straight-shooter" who just told me like it was and had a pleasant, no-nonsense sales approach that was extremely refreshing in this day of the "fear-base" or "hard" sell era we seem to be facing.

Original review: July 19, 2016

We hired Customer Remodelers a few years ago to replace our siding. The work was fine, no complaints. The issue is that my husband continues to receive sales calls from this company asking for more work. We have moved houses and do NOT NEED anything done by Custom Remodelers, which we have tried to explain to them. Multiple times we have requested to be removed from their call list, and yet we continue to receive phone calls nearly every day. My husband has actually saved the different numbers they call from so that he knows to ignore the phone call. We literally cannot get them to stop calling us, regardless of how many times we tell them we do not need their services. The quality of work was not good enough to tolerate this type of incessant communication.

Original review: April 16, 2016

10 Things of not to deal with C.R.I Remodelers. The sales representative pressured you into signing up the work. The window take 6 or more months to installed them. (Phone Babysitter). Forced to take off work to let them come to work on our house because they miss the appointment. They left a mess in our yard and driveway making it unsafe. Wrong SIZE. They did NOT acknowledge the window ACTUAL SIZE. Dropped off the screen door without installed them. CUSTOMER SERVICE OR CALLBACK -5 STARS. (C.R.I. COMPANY AND MANAGER). WARNING DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Original review: April 1, 2016

My experience with Custom Remodelers Inc. was unbelievable. I had original 1960 windows and my fiancée apparently has unbelievable luck. She signed up to be a part of their drawings for up to $20,000 of replacement windows or siding. Shortly after the new year, she received a call that she was the winner of the replacement windows. Long story short, everything about this was true. We recently received our new windows and everything about the company, the people, the product, and the process was phenomenal.

They were prompt and precise in contacting us or returning our calls, they worked within our days off to get the project completed, they were respectful of our home and time while working, and cleaned everything up before they left. I still can't believe how lucky we are and I'll forever be appreciative to CRI. It was a great way for us to celebrate our engagement and the gift they've given us is something we'll never forget.

Original review: March 31, 2016

Very dissatisfied with this company. The salesmen are very high pressured and really used that on me. Overpriced and did not order what I indicated I wanted. I bought an entry door, sidelight and gutter from them. The order does not show any product number for the sidelight so I can't find out what I thought they were ordering and what I got. Wanted to cancel order and then they were way too fast on lowering the price which showed me they were overpriced to begin with. Also find out I have issue with the gutter that they could have pointed out rather than just want to make sale. Had the installation guy come back and he installed an end cap on the wrong house - I had to point that out and then he looked at mine. If you are a widow or live alone do not meet with them alone as they will sell you big time.

Original review: March 7, 2016

Ordered a patio door October 2015 and job still not fully completed. What has been completed is only due to me following up constantly. You have to babysit this company to get your project completed, including taking time off from work and time away from work to make phone calls and document the situation.

Signed a contract on 10/17/2015 for a new patio door. By November 10th, when we had not heard anything, I followed up with our sales guy. He was surprised to hear we hadn't even been contacted by the measurement team.

After a couple back and forth texts/voicemails, a measuring crew finally came out within a couple days. November 24th - I followed up to find out an expected installation date and received a story that the sales guy hadn't been to the office due to surgery but would follow up. Received response on Nov 28th that our door was at the top of the list. I followed up again on December 19th asking for an update. His text apologizes and said someone is dropping the ball for sure. December 22nd - Received a text that everything seemed shut down for Christmas.

Finally early January the door was installed (January 5th), however the screen for the patio door was not installed. Sent a text asking about that, after which I also found a note from installers in garage (why not on the table by the patio door!) that said they would send a service person to install the screen. January 29th texted sales guy again asking where screen was. February 4th, sent yet another text asking where screen door was. Finally Feb 5th, my husband gets contacted about having the screen door installed. They agree on 2 pm on the 5th, and my husband confirms that they do not need access to inside of house to install. They confirm.

Get home that evening to find screen door dropped off on deck, but not installed. Contact sales guy who says Ron had an appointment so he dropped the door and would be back tomorrow (a Saturday). By end of day Saturday, no installation, I contacted sales guy again. This time the story was that my husband said he would install it, which he would never say that. They said "it takes 5 minutes, you guys should have no problems." Well, it isn't our job. It's a job we paid for!

Monday, Feb 8th - I talk to Judy in service, and she confirms a sales guy dropped it off, which she finds odd. She gets someone scheduled to install on Wednesday February 10th, and in the mean says she will have a manager (Ryan **) contact me about my complaints with the process. Ryan calls on Tuesday February 9th, and after I detail the situation and explain my frustrations, he offers either a discount on a future service or $250. I state that $250 is not acceptable, his only response is to threaten to send me to collections. I asked to speak with his boss, who he said was the owners and speaking to them is not allowed, and said there was nothing else he could for me.

Wednesday the 11th rolls around, and the installers arrive only to call my husband and say they can't install the screen because it is too big. They give a time frame of 2 weeks when a new one will be in. I call Ryan back and again voice frustrations, which goes nowhere. I decide to file a BBB report, in which their first response said "We installed the patio door and determined the screen was defective, we ordered a new one which turned out too big. As soon as the new one arrives, we will install it per the contract". They did not acknowledge the actual issue. I did not accept their response and again voiced my concerns. Their second response was only "As soon as Custom Remodelers, Inc. receives the new screen, we will contact customer to schedule the service. When service is complete, Custom Remodelers, Inc. will expect full payment".

I again decline their response and clearly stated they were missing the point of the complaint, and asked if they would accept my request of discounting half off my remaining balance (roughly $1K). In the meantime, 3 weeks pass, and I contact Ryan ** on March 2nd for an update on when the screen would be installed. We finally contact on March 3rd, in which he tells me the screen is scheduled to be on the truck Thursday March 10th, and he will scheduled an installation for Friday March 11th. He also apologizes for the manufacturer defect, but that is out of his control, clearly informs me he is getting no discount from the manufacturer but will offer me $400. Again, he misses the actual issue here (it isn't the defect in the door), and I confirm that is not acceptable and he again threatens to hand me over to collections.

I receive a BBB response on March 7th stating the above, and we did not come to agreements. I also agree with that, and the BBB "closes" the issue but indicts I was not satisfied. I also contact Ryan ** on March 7th to confirm that no one needs to be home on the 11th, in which he says we do. So more time off from work. Currently is scheduled to be installed between 1-2 pm CST Friday March 11th.

I also ask for clarification on the entire situation, this time the story changes slightly, and now they are saying when the door was installed on Jan 5th, it was shipped without a screen (which, if you read their BBB response, that time they say it was determined there was a defect in the door). And that when the door came in, they dropped on deck, and when they finally came to install (again with me calling to complain and schedule), it was determined to be too big. The story is never consistent with these people and you have to babysit them and manage the project yourself. They are not willing to acknowledge their mistakes or shortcomings or make a consumer satisfied.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2015

Over the years we have had multiple projects done going through Custom Remodelers, and have received excellent quality work from their subcontractors. But, we did have one problem with one of the jobs we had done. One of the contractors had a back injury during our job and was unable to finish it. So, there it sat for a month (which is why they get a 4.9). I don't blame CRI for any of this, as the minute they found out what was happening, they got someone else to come out and finish the job :-) We've had Siding-Windows-Driveway / patio done by CRI, and we are going to continue to use them for any of the other projects that we need done. Thanks CRI.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2015

These people first harassed my husband and I to go through with them and use their company. They sent Jason, who finally sold us on a price (but I guess that's his job, to offer the lowest price), which we are not even sure it was a "good" price, but it was lower than the first FEW times they offered. Finally, Breanna called me to make the appointment to work on our home. She told me they don't work on the weekend so I had to make it during the week. So I was forced to take off of work to let them come work on our house because the deal was already made right? So I take off of work and I get a call at 8 am saying, "Sorry but they weren't going to make it because someone had an emergency" Really? I already took off of work. Now I am taking off work, losing money so they can get paid!! So she offers to reschedule the appointment.

At this point, I have already lost out on getting paid and they wanted me to take off again!! I took off of work again that Friday. They show up without any of the product. They have to leave for an hour to go get whatever they need and RENT a machine to do the job. To top it off, Jason sold us "pink panther" insulation but they bring some other stuff. Who knows what it was but it wasn't what they said it was going to be. That's for sure. They work on our house for maybe 2.5-3 hours and say they will be back the next day. I'm confused by this. I thought Breanna said they don't work on weekends. They leave siding hanging off my house all around it over night and holes in the house that they were supposed to fill. The guy who is supposed to come back to my home is supposed to show up at 10:30 am but, of course, NO SHOW.

My husband and I are freaking out calling who we can to reach someone. I call the company and leave a message asking that someone by the names of Brad, Denny or Shawna (who are supposed to be managers) please give me a callback. Finally, Jason apologizes. Not much his apology did. The guy finally rolls in at 1:30 pm. He says he was caring for his wife. He comes and works on our home and says he finishes the job. My husband calls/texts Jason because he has some questions regarding the job. NO CALL BACK. Of course not. The loan is already in process and they got paid so why have good customer service right!!! The whole company is horrible. I waited to leave a review hoping someone would call me back.

Apparently, no one has to be home for them to work on your house. Yeah right! You have to babysit this whole company to make sure they do the job. I wouldn't trust them to work on our house alone. Breanna couldn't even tell me I didn't have to be home. Apparently, she doesn't know how to do her job because she also told me they don't work on weekends but I guess the actual workers do (whenever they actually show up). If I could leave negative stars I would. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! I wish I had read the reviews before I signed my name to this. We planned on getting our gutters done by this company after winter. NOT ANYMORE! Anyone know of a good place to use?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2015

The job done by CRI Remodelers was excellent. Their installers did a wonderful job, cleaned up and followed up to be sure we were happy. It took longer for the door because they forgot to bring it but they made up for the delay by wrapping the trim around the door (which needed it badly) and we were more than satisfied with their work. The windows were really well made and look great. We would hire them again.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2015

We were contacted by Custom Remodelers, Inc (CRI), in regards to an egress window installation. The salesperson who came by in June of 2015 was, Qui **, and discussed the benefits of the window; a price was negotiated and we were able to purchase the window and complete the installation for $2,000 with us personally doing the digging for the well (which they state as a $1,000 reduction in the price). Several days later, the subcontractor, Shane **, comes by to state the dimensions needed and to look at the site to which he will be cutting for the egress. Shane discusses to both me and my wife about our interests in the window and to which direction the window will open. We stated on this day that we wanted the window to open toward the left so we could exit to the neighborhood street in case of an emergency.

Skip forward 2 months from this point and CRI states us that they've completed our window at the manufacturing site and will be calling in 2 weeks to schedule an appointment. I took the initiative to dig my egress well hole and wait. 2 weeks come by and no call or notification was given. I called CRI for the progress and they told me that they still needed to set up the permit but they can provide me with a rough scheduled date of installation for Aug. 19th. The 19th came by and no one came by nor no phone call notifications were given by CRI. On the following day, the person responsible for obtaining the permit came by, Steve, without any notification at all either, and observed the egress site. Luckily my wife and I were home to intervene and discuss about the permit and when they would come in to do the installation. Steve states that the installer should be able to come shortly after the permit is issued.

At the end of the week Steve tags the permit onto our front door. One week passes by from this point and no calls have been received in regards to our installation scheduling. I called CRI back in regards to this and Steve tells me that the installers set their own scheduling times and that I would receive a call from them. Later on this day, Shane ** calls me to schedule a time. We were finally able to set a date and time for 9:30am on Sept. 2. Shane states that if their prior appt. ends earlier they would be able to show up earlier on Sept. 2 to complete the installation, otherwise they have to wait for CRI office to open at 8am in order to obtain the materials.

By Sept. 2 at 9:30 I did not see Shane show up for the installation. One hour passes by and then he finally calls me to tell me that they were running behind due to problems with obtaining the window but will be able to show up shortly after purchasing the well from Home Depot. Two hours pass by and now it is 12:30pm. No call from Shane at all in regards to his tardiness. I called Shane again and he tells me at this time that they had to circle around to Lino Lakes to purchase the egress well because they were no longer in stock at the other Depot store. He stated to me now that he would be able to show up in 20min from 12:30pm.

Shane, his co-worker, and his 14yr old daughter showed up at our house at 1:30pm. First off, Shane was kind in regards to his work, but he was very disorganized and untimely. Personality-wise, no complaints. Professionalism and promptness is what his team lacked. He was upset at his daughter at our house for tools he could not find. His co-worker was smoking at our house and continued to do so after I kindly asked him not to. They completed their job as stated but lacked in so many other aspects.

When they finally installed the window in, my wife and I noticed that the window was opening toward the right, meaning that we would be facing the alley versus the neighborhood street. I told Shane that we initially spoke of having the window opening to the left. Shane stated that he could not do anything about this since he is not the person to place the custom order on the window. The next day, I contacted CRI and spoke with a manager. I told the manager that in my initial appointment with Shane, we spoke of the window opening to the left but then ended with a window opening to the right. The manager, who was unpleasant to begin with and unwilling to hear my side, stated that he cannot do anything about this since he places the order as specifically as what was written by the installer, Shane. I complained about this angrily and all-the-while the manager interrupted me.

Out of anger, I asked him to "shut-up" because he was not showing any signs of empathy at this time. First off, it is NOT my mistake for the installer placing in the wrong order. Secondly, the manager stated that ALL of their windows open in a default to the right unless "special ordered." Well, Shane was the person who asked us to decide on the options of how the window opens and if it is not in his power to decide the outcome of how the window was built then he should not have promoted it in the first place. In the end, it appears as if it was Shane's lack in written communication that led to the incorrect direction of the window and all the CRI manager could say was "It is what it is." The manager stated once more that nothing can be done.

I asked for compensation in this and he stated that Qui gave the "best price reduction." (The reduced price was only down by $500). I then placed the complaint of the lack in professionalism and untimeliness of Shane and his crew. The manager stated at this point that he will contact the installer and then contact me later in the day in regards to this. I will be looking forward to his response but I doubt nothing will be done. I am not one to complain, but this boils me up to the top since this was a costly job that resulted in call after call in regards to the progress and scheduling on my side.

Original review: May 26, 2015

My ex-wife (who owns the home) is unemployed. She was approved for county assistance to replace her roof and windows. When CRI Remodelers came by, we told them point-blank that she had no income and could not pay, but she was approved for County assistance to pay for the roof, so if they were going to do this work, the county would have to pay for it. They went ahead and later said that she was approved, so in good faith, she signed some papers for the work to go ahead, not realizing that they hadn't done anything with regard to the county assistance and she was actually signing a loan from a bank.

After the work was all done, she got the loan information in the mail and now CRI says they are all paid in full and are not responsible for this situation, so they have washed their hands of it, and my ex-wife is stuck with a loan for $9,700 with no means to pay. We hope that the county will come through and pay this bill, but we don't know yet.

In any case, CRI has earned itself a huge black eye with their behavior in this situation. While the roof work appears to be good quality, and I'm not faulting them for that at this time. They knew very well that she could not pay for a loan and yet went ahead and deceived her and myself into thinking that everything with the county assistance was in order when it was not. She signed a loan without even realizing it, especially because there was no application for credit; just a general document with no questions about income or anything about a loan on it. We are considering our legal options at this time.

Original review: July 14, 2014

NEVER AGAIN!!! Had a problem with siding melting. Husband called Luke, the salesman, he never calls back. Over a year now. He indicated that the problem was with the windows they installed. The sunlight reflected off window and went to siding and that is why siding melted in that area. FINALLY, husband talked to Judy in customer service (which Luke should have sent us to her in the first place instead of stringing us along for over almost 2 years!!). She knew nothing about the problem we were having, nothing noted in company computer. She sent a man out to the house this morning, and he IMMEDIATELY stated that our house faces north and does not get enough sunlight to reflect off the windows onto the siding!!! Asked if we used our grill in front of house by front door?? I told him that I have a new grill sitting on the patio in the back that I have had for OVER 2 yrs and have never used it!!! He was very nice, but said there is nothing he can do, cannot replace affected area of siding, gave me warranty and suggested I call them. ALMOST 2 YRS DEALING WITH THIS AND NOTHING CAN BE DONE!!! SHAME, SHAME, SHAME ON LUKE, THE SALESMAN!!! LIKE I SAID BEFORE - NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: June 30, 2014

We had siding and windows put in about 4 years ago. One of the screens was already ripped when installed. The guy that was putting the windows in said he would be back to replace it. After countless calls and 2 and 1/2 years, the screen was finally replaced. When the siding was done right after the windows were installed, the section just below the roof was done wrong. After countless phone calls and 3 years, it was finally fixed. Last year, some of the side was damaged by a man pulling a dumpster out. We called and kept getting the run around. After 2 months of calling, we finally got a hold of a gentleman that came out and looked at it. Since then, we have been getting one excuse after another why the siding has not been replaced.

Original review: April 26, 2014

We purchased energy efficient windows from Custom Remodelers in Lino Lakes and we had a great experience. Our house is no longer drafty and cold and we're saving money on heating bills. The windows are beautiful and the installers did an excellent job. I would highly recommend this company.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2013

The first time we dealt with CRI was September 2010. We were in the market for new windows and they happened to have a solicitor walk past our "no solicitor" signs at the end of our driveway at just the right time. Fortunately for them I was in a good mood at the time. A few days later, "Luke" came to give us an estimate on windows for the whole house. I'm in sales, so I wasn't surprised with the "closer" showed up about the time Luke would be finishing with the demo part and start talking numbers. (The "closer" helps talk the customer into the sale.) The original estimate was for $35,000. We do have a lot of windows in the house, but not $35,000 worth. We talked them down to $14,000. The windows were installed in November 2010.

Two of the windows are quite large, and the removable screens were installed improperly. It took several months but finally, one year after the windows were installed, someone showed up to check the problem with the windows. Somehow this requires a sales person to come out instead of one of the installers. We didn't realize until later this is one of their tactics to get a sales person back in the door. This sales guy came, checked the problem with the screens, started chit-chatting a bit.

At some point, while sitting at our dining room table, he had the audacity to use the word "**". We have four kids with Down syndrome!!!! My wife gave him a bit of a lecture on the use of hate speech. Lucky him! Anyway, we had one large window left to replace, as well as a patio door so he took measurements for those and gave us an estimate. Somehow the topic of attic insulation came up, something we have needed for a while. He would send someone out to take measurements.

Sometime in winter 2011 the large window was installed. We opted not to do the patio door because they wanted $8,000 for that door which was way overpriced. We ordered the insulation but told them the insulation would have to wait because we had started a kitchen remodeling project and they couldn't access the attic during that time. The guys showed up with the insulation anyway, but "needed to go rent a blower". (These are professionals and they needed to rent their equipment?) My wife told them no, they couldn't install. There wasn't a ceiling over the kitchen! They put all the insulation in our garage. We completed our remodel in April 2012 and informed them they could blow the insulation in. They didn't show up until late summer 2013.

In late fall 2012, we got a phone call there was a problem with our contract. That we had ordered a patio door and the paperwork was messed up and we would need to redo it. The guy came saying we had signed one part of a contract, but not another. My wife was adamant we were being taken advantage of, and I should NOT sign anything else. The guy said "We've had this patio door in our warehouse for over a year but we didn't know what customer it was supposed to go to.

Finally, we went through all the files and found it is for your house. “It's already built, and these are all custom made." We were told all the various sales guys we'd dealt with were no longer with the company so they couldn't go back to check where the problem happened. We argued about this paperwork for a couple of hours, finally saying "screw it" and signed what he wanted us to sign. Oh, but the door that was originally $8,000, he would do us a "favor" and sell it to us at cost of $5,000.

That door, that was supposedly sitting in their warehouse, wasn't installed for several MONTHS. It finally went in March 2013. On November 9th, 2013, we received a phone call from "Luke". He was the original salesman who sold us the windows back in 2010. Interesting that we were told he was no longer with the company. Anyway, he claimed there was a "problem with our paperwork." He said our contract for the patio door (that was installed 9 months ago had "expired" and we would need to resign it.

So we have supposedly had two problems with contracts that have either "expired" or would need new signatures for whatever reason? This just reeks of wanting to get someone back in our door again. We're done with them. They are high-pressure salesman and these "contract" issues, if they are true problems, are representative of a company who either can't manage its paperwork, or are looking for ways to screw customers out of another few thousand dollars.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2011

We received a quote for a garage door from them. Despite being asked repeatedly to stop calling us, they will not stop the high pressure sale and harassing phone calls.

Custom Remodelers Company Information