Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

39 Custom Remodelers Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 7, 2019

We had old asbestos siding removed and new vinyl siding put on. The siding quality seems very good and looks great! It is a wider lap (height) than most other siding and very few seams are visible. The workers were very meticulous in cutting all of the corners and edges. Everything looks very professionally installed! They were very neat and cleaned up everything when finished.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Custom Remodelers put in 7 new windows and a new door for me and I love them! It was a 2.5 day job and I have to say they sent me the best contractor. My neighborhood's not the best. Things get stolen. Every day John made sure to clean up the messes and told us where he was storing the items. I've worked with contractors from other businesses before and usually they just leave things laying around. My husband and I were constantly in and out of the house. One of the work days fell on Halloween and the next day was street sweep!!! John kept working and made sure our home was safe while we were away. At one point he had to park the next block over and carry his tools over. He's very accommodating and hardworking.

Now, in the middle of Minnesota winter, I love my windows. My previous windows were painted and nailed shut by the previous owner. Explains why I could never open them. But they were still drafty. I remember last year I had to crank my heat up to 80. After the installation this year, my usual is 70 degrees. Today I was moving presents downstairs and felt too hot so I actually had to turn down the heat to 65. Also the windows are kind of tinted so no one can see me from outside during the day unless I have a light on for some odd reason or I'm standing less than 2 ft from the window. They're awesome. I do have to say, I forgot to order a peephole for my door. If you're getting a door, don't forget the peephole...

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

The installer was very efficient. He was super conscientious and did very clean and neat work. He did everything in a timely matter. There really were no hiccups in the process which was nice because I didn’t really have to wonder too much. I had only one guy and I cant believe how smooth it went. I would recommend them to everyone. It's amazing they customized so well to my 1921 home.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Love how the window looks. Had a tough install but the crew kept at it and called another crew in to get the job done! The wood matches exactly with my other windows and looks great. Also had skylights replaced and they are great!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Custom Remodelers did a very good job with our home. We have had a really great experience with them. As far as the Install on the Entry Door they were here and gone in one day. The actual product is great. The seal on the door is the best part. It's very heavy duty also which we love.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Custom Remodelers?

Original review: May 23, 2019

TL;DR: After dealing with a 6 month window install through Custom Remodelers, I would not recommend Custom Remodelers to anyone due to their dismal (non-existent) communication and shoddy workmanship of their contractors. We went through Custom Remodelers for new windows on our home. While we are pleased with the quality of the windows themselves (the only reason they're getting 2 stars), the install and customer service have been nothing but a nightmare. The install began in January of 2019 and as I write this our windows have STILL not passed inspection through the city (they have failed 3 times now).

Weston was a decent sales guy, but has been dismal with communication - along with the rest of their home office. We have been trying to get him out to see the finished product since on the exterior it truly looks like crap (clear caulk everywhere that I am fairly certain I could do a better job with) and see if the situation can be remedied but he has been a no-show twice, which is extremely frustrating when we have to reschedule our workday to be home.

Their contractors were also frustrating to work with. Now, starting a window replacement job in January in Minnesota we were flexible and understanding when some days work just could not be done due to weather. But once the job was finally almost done, with less than a full day's work left (windows all installed, just the exterior casing and caulking needed to be done) the contractor we were working with says he's not going to come back tomorrow (on a day that was forecasted to be 40 degrees in February) and instead go get started on another job and he'll be back "sometime next week."

He comes back and *shocker* the February weather is less than ideal to be outside bending metal. Again, I get it, but the contractor then informs me that since he wasn't able to get it done before he went on a 3 week vacation, someone else was going to have to come out and complete the job. As mentioned above, the next contractor, who did the exterior, did a really poor job. It looks so bad (photos attached.) They also left shards of metal around our yard and nails all over our home from removing the windows - grateful a nail or piece of metal didn't end up in a foot or paw.

In addition to the shoddy craftsmanship complaints of the contractor's work, there was also really poor communication with them. They would show up whenever was convenient for them, not us, the customer who is paying upwards of $10k for new windows. However, I will say they were all nice guys whose overall knowledge saved us from ice dams this winter. IN CONCLUSION: We're pretty annoyed we chose them for such an investment on our home and hope that nothing goes wrong with the windows because I truly don't want to interact with this company again.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

After agreeing to have a quote done to look at replacing six old windows I agreed to have them replace them. I was told they would be triple pane gas windows... I got double pane windows. The removal was done very rough which cracked my walls in two locations. They cut the opening too big leaving a one inch gap under window trim after they said they were "done". I agreed to fix the gaps myself just to get them out of my house. This was done in January 2018 so I understand it was cold but NONE of the windows were caulked outside leaving a 1/4 gap around the windows for water and snow to leak in the walls. Not to mention a breeze in the living room. What I think is funny is I never ever got a call or anything in the mail asking how I liked the job that was done. I gave two stars instead of one because the new windows are nice and look good.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I am beyond pleased with my stone siding that CRI did on the front of my house. The 1st day the installer finished and took down the tarp I had 5 people from neighbors to passer buyers come and let me know how beautiful and different my house was now from all the cookie cutter houses. I also was very surprised by what good financing options they made available to me. I'm going to do the front of my detached garage soon too.

Original review: July 12, 2018

The windows are absolutely perfect. Exactly what I wanted. My favorite feature is the Security Lock so I have no worries of someone breaking in. And a benefit that I have no sound to hear as far as airplanes and cars.

Original review: July 4, 2018

They are super creepy! Single female homeowners beware. In April 2016, the only reason that I set an appt for an estimate is because as I was walking my dogs home, I saw a guy prowling around the perimeter of my house. When I found out that he was an appt setter (very pushy), I agreed to have someone come out, but emphasized that I do not have much time for a sales pitch because I was working on an important project with a deadline and could not be disturbed. He would not give me a website or phone number. Even when two salesmen came the next day, gave me an estimate & pressured me to commit, right then, I told them, again, that I do not have time to ponder any of this until early May (in two weeks) when I am done with my critical work project & need to focus only on that, until early May. Told them that I also will get two more estimates.

They said that the offer on the gutters will not be available after today. I said "ok" (whatever) & "thank you" & that I would get back to them in early May, like I'd said. I walked into my garage & shut my garage door on them standing in my driveway. Well, I guess they googled me, saw that I am, indeed a doctor owning clinics and then, came in for the kill, within a couple days. They kept ringing my phone off the hook, calling and hanging up, sometimes 3-4 times a day, not leaving a message. This was distracting while I was trying to focus on my project while at home. They constantly called before the time that I said that I would be available in early May. I had intended to consider their bid but the phone call harassment, distracting me from important work, turned me off. I have call logs of over 40 calls in the time span of only 3 weeks. I had even blocked their number, temporarily, just to get peace till my project was finished.

Then, they started calling over & over from another number. Went to various complaint sites to see if anyone else has had any problems, as I was now ready to get my gutters replaced. I see many complaints, similar to mine. No way, Jose! Left a msg at the last number that they were harassing me from & said to take me off their calling list. These people are creepy!

(And, their neighborhood canvassers are still working this neighborhood, now 2018 and had the nerve to bang on my door, two different times, already this year. I reiterate my experience about their sleazy salesmen, and that I do not know why they still have my info to even approach me, again & again, even after I tell the solicitors my bad experience in 2016 & all the online reviews similar to mine. And, that I would never do business with their harassing company and have alerted the neighborhood to check reviews before entertaining this company. The last solicitor, yesterday, said that those salesmen are no longer with the company & that I would not have to talk to anyone in the company if I let him book for an estimate on the remaining windows on my house, being pushy and continually talking over me as I vented my frustration with the company. I started yelling and he finally ran away.)

Custom Remodelers Company Information