Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Custom Remodelers Reviews

Original review: July 4, 2018

They are super creepy! Single female homeowners beware. In April 2016, the only reason that I set an appt for an estimate is because as I was walking my dogs home, I saw a guy prowling around the perimeter of my house. When I found out that he was an appt setter (very pushy), I agreed to have someone come out, but emphasized that I do not have much time for a sales pitch because I was working on an important project with a deadline and could not be disturbed. He would not give me a website or phone number. Even when two salesmen came the next day, gave me an estimate & pressured me to commit, right then, I told them, again, that I do not have time to ponder any of this until early May (in two weeks) when I am done with my critical work project & need to focus only on that, until early May. Told them that I also will get two more estimates.

They said that the offer on the gutters will not be available after today. I said "ok" (whatever) & "thank you" & that I would get back to them in early May, like I'd said. I walked into my garage & shut my garage door on them standing in my driveway. Well, I guess they googled me, saw that I am, indeed a doctor owning clinics and then, came in for the kill, within a couple days. They kept ringing my phone off the hook, calling and hanging up, sometimes 3-4 times a day, not leaving a message. This was distracting while I was trying to focus on my project while at home. They constantly called before the time that I said that I would be available in early May. I had intended to consider their bid but the phone call harassment, distracting me from important work, turned me off. I have call logs of over 40 calls in the time span of only 3 weeks. I had even blocked their number, temporarily, just to get peace till my project was finished.

Then, they started calling over & over from another number. Went to various complaint sites to see if anyone else has had any problems, as I was now ready to get my gutters replaced. I see many complaints, similar to mine. No way, Jose! Left a msg at the last number that they were harassing me from & said to take me off their calling list. These people are creepy!

(And, their neighborhood canvassers are still working this neighborhood, now 2018 and had the nerve to bang on my door, two different times, already this year. I reiterate my experience about their sleazy salesmen, and that I do not know why they still have my info to even approach me, again & again, even after I tell the solicitors my bad experience in 2016 & all the online reviews similar to mine. And, that I would never do business with their harassing company and have alerted the neighborhood to check reviews before entertaining this company. The last solicitor, yesterday, said that those salesmen are no longer with the company & that I would not have to talk to anyone in the company if I let him book for an estimate on the remaining windows on my house, being pushy and continually talking over me as I vented my frustration with the company. I started yelling and he finally ran away.)

Original review: June 11, 2018

We had siding done in July 2017, when the salesman came out and we signed a contract only to find that they had opened a loan for us that we did not agree to and did not end up using but still have this line of credit opened in our name. Also they gave us a program that would cover getting most of the house done, this was in my husband's name, when I called back several days later to see if we could put the rest in my name for the same program to get all of the house done at once, I was assured we could when it came closer to the time to do the work. I never heard from them again until I got a call from the installer that they were coming in two days. When I contacted the sales person they said we could not use the program because was no longer available. We had to take out a second loan to have all of the siding finished and still need to have the Soffit & Fascia done which means yet another loan being taken out.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Installer were very professional. Me and my wife love the new Windows. We have one bay window left and will be using Custom Remodelers again to finish our home. The storm door is nicer than we thought it would be. The sales staff went the extra mile to make sure we were taken good care of.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Window install - Everyone has been eager to go above, beyond, and out of their way, without hesitation nor prompting, to help and make sure everything was done right, and to ensure I was satisfied with the work done.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

One week before Christmas I got a knock on my inside porch door by someone claiming to be from a company called Custom Remodelers. This person wanted to know if I work during the day and if I would be home for the holidays within full view of my living room. He didn't have a business card and I had a hard time getting him to leave without being rude.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Custom Remodelers?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

We needed a new garage door. Ours was an old heavy wood monstrosity from when our 50's home was new. Custom Remodelers Inc helped us pick one out, installed our new door, even hauled the old one away for us.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I don't know if they do good work but I will tell you their customer service team is top notch! Just kidding. They keep calling me looking to set up an appointment for windows and I bluntly tell them "NO", they will not take any reason as to why and this last chick just hung up on me because clearly she has zero sales skills. Let's just make this VERY clear. When I am ready for windows you guys will be the LAST company I call! Even if the work is great. I'm sure if something went wrong you'd be nowhere in sight.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I would like to let other homeowners know how much I love my windows. I love the way my new windows look, my reduced energy bills. I'm saving megabucks since I have had all my windows replaced. I had Custom Remodelers do almost all my windows the 1st time but I had some new windows done a few years before that already. About a year after having the windows in my house that Custom Remodelers did I had them come back out and do the whole house even the ones that were not that old because I could tell such a big difference in Custom Remodelers windows and the other vinyl windows I had put in before.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I would like to say how happy I am with my new windows and doors from CRI. The new windows are so much better than my old windows. No more drafty cold windows. It also has made my entryway and back of my kitchen much more comfortable since I have had my new door systems with storm doors. The wind does not catch the new storm doors anymore because of the extra closer and being a much heavier door.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Custom Remodelers did a wonderful job on my roof. As a first time homeowner, I wasn’t sure what to expect. The employees were knowledgeable, kind, and efficient. The only complaint I have is that the dumpster was put on the wrong side of the driveway, which made it difficult to back out of the garage. I will be using Custom Remodelers down the road when I need my siding and windows done.

Custom Remodelers Company Information