Lino Lakes, MN

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.29/5

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Custom Remodelers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Custom Remodelers?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Custom Remodelers?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

The installer was very efficient. He was super conscientious and did very clean and neat work. He did everything in a timely matter. There really were no hiccups in the process which was nice because I didn’t really have to wonder too much. I had only one guy and I cant believe how smooth it went. I would recommend them to everyone. It's amazing they customized so well to my 1921 home.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Love how the window looks. Had a tough install but the crew kept at it and called another crew in to get the job done! The wood matches exactly with my other windows and looks great. Also had skylights replaced and they are great!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Custom Remodelers did a very good job with our home. We have had a really great experience with them. As far as the Install on the Entry Door they were here and gone in one day. The actual product is great. The seal on the door is the best part. It's very heavy duty also which we love.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I am beyond pleased with my stone siding that CRI did on the front of my house. The 1st day the installer finished and took down the tarp I had 5 people from neighbors to passer buyers come and let me know how beautiful and different my house was now from all the cookie cutter houses. I also was very surprised by what good financing options they made available to me. I'm going to do the front of my detached garage soon too.

Original review: July 12, 2018

The windows are absolutely perfect. Exactly what I wanted. My favorite feature is the Security Lock so I have no worries of someone breaking in. And a benefit that I have no sound to hear as far as airplanes and cars.

Original review: July 4, 2018

They are super creepy! Single female homeowners beware. In April 2016, the only reason that I set an appt for an estimate is because as I was walking my dogs home, I saw a guy prowling around the perimeter of my house. When I found out that he was an appt setter (very pushy), I agreed to have someone come out, but emphasized that I do not have much time for a sales pitch because I was working on an important project with a deadline and could not be disturbed. He would not give me a website or phone number. Even when two salesmen came the next day, gave me an estimate & pressured me to commit, right then, I told them, again, that I do not have time to ponder any of this until early May (in two weeks) when I am done with my critical work project & need to focus only on that, until early May. Told them that I also will get two more estimates.

They said that the offer on the gutters will not be available after today. I said "ok" (whatever) & "thank you" & that I would get back to them in early May, like I'd said. I walked into my garage & shut my garage door on them standing in my driveway. Well, I guess they googled me, saw that I am, indeed a doctor owning clinics and then, came in for the kill, within a couple days. They kept ringing my phone off the hook, calling and hanging up, sometimes 3-4 times a day, not leaving a message. This was distracting while I was trying to focus on my project while at home. They constantly called before the time that I said that I would be available in early May. I had intended to consider their bid but the phone call harassment, distracting me from important work, turned me off. I have call logs of over 40 calls in the time span of only 3 weeks. I had even blocked their number, temporarily, just to get peace till my project was finished.

Then, they started calling over & over from another number. Went to various complaint sites to see if anyone else has had any problems, as I was now ready to get my gutters replaced. I see many complaints, similar to mine. No way, Jose! Left a msg at the last number that they were harassing me from & said to take me off their calling list. These people are creepy!

(And, their neighborhood canvassers are still working this neighborhood, now 2018 and had the nerve to bang on my door, two different times, already this year. I reiterate my experience about their sleazy salesmen, and that I do not know why they still have my info to even approach me, again & again, even after I tell the solicitors my bad experience in 2016 & all the online reviews similar to mine. And, that I would never do business with their harassing company and have alerted the neighborhood to check reviews before entertaining this company. The last solicitor, yesterday, said that those salesmen are no longer with the company & that I would not have to talk to anyone in the company if I let him book for an estimate on the remaining windows on my house, being pushy and continually talking over me as I vented my frustration with the company. I started yelling and he finally ran away.)

Original review: June 11, 2018

We had siding done in July 2017, when the salesman came out and we signed a contract only to find that they had opened a loan for us that we did not agree to and did not end up using but still have this line of credit opened in our name. Also they gave us a program that would cover getting most of the house done, this was in my husband's name, when I called back several days later to see if we could put the rest in my name for the same program to get all of the house done at once, I was assured we could when it came closer to the time to do the work. I never heard from them again until I got a call from the installer that they were coming in two days. When I contacted the sales person they said we could not use the program because was no longer available. We had to take out a second loan to have all of the siding finished and still need to have the Soffit & Fascia done which means yet another loan being taken out.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Installer were very professional. Me and my wife love the new Windows. We have one bay window left and will be using Custom Remodelers again to finish our home. The storm door is nicer than we thought it would be. The sales staff went the extra mile to make sure we were taken good care of.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Window install - Everyone has been eager to go above, beyond, and out of their way, without hesitation nor prompting, to help and make sure everything was done right, and to ensure I was satisfied with the work done.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

One week before Christmas I got a knock on my inside porch door by someone claiming to be from a company called Custom Remodelers. This person wanted to know if I work during the day and if I would be home for the holidays within full view of my living room. He didn't have a business card and I had a hard time getting him to leave without being rude.

Custom Remodelers Company Information