It's that easy Request Information
3.73/5
Based on 160 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

When it comes to home repairs, thousands of homeowners rely on Cross Country Home Services whenever their appliances or systems breakdown. From air conditioners, washers and dryers to dishwashers, refrigerators and ovens, Cross Country Home Services will take care of the problem you are facing. With a variety of plans available, CCHS allows you to select the coverage that best fits your needs. Contact us today to learn more about our services and plans available!

160 Cross Country Home Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 20, 2018

A friend of mine had Cross Country before she moved. I also signed up and so far, I never had a problem with their customer service. They’ve always been very nice and pleasant. The people I have dealt with were also courteous and very professional. When I called and talked to them, they sounded like they were concerned about my issue and they kinda took me step-by-step about what the process was. And if I wasn’t satisfied with something I could give them a call back and they'd all help me try and locate someone new. Some of them even gave future reference information.

Normally, the claim process has been all right. But I’ve had different people out for different situations and I noticed that I couldn’t go back in and request someone I’ve had already. I know now when I call in that I'd be getting a VRU. It’s an automated service and they fully take your information, then they give you your service number. They also tell you the person they’re committing you to and they often send the information directly to that person. So, I don’t have an option. I thought I had one where if I wanted to call John Doe back, I would be able to go to the service and say “I prefer to have John Doe.”

Other than that, I feel comfortable having the warranty and knowing that if something was to happen to one of my major appliances, I don't have to panic and try to find somebody. I know I have a service I can go through to help me through the process. It’s a service that I’ve had for quite a few years and I never had a problem when I needed to reach out and get help, whether it’d be for my furnace or my refrigerator or my washer and dryer. They reach out to people that call you right back or are ready for you when you call them. So, I’m very satisfied with Cross Country.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 19, 2018

I canceled this service in 2012... I recently went through a loan modification and found out that Cross Country reinstated this service... I have asked them to provide me with the recorded conversation where supposedly someone called in and asked for the service to be reinstated. Do not, I repeat do no use them!!!

Original review: July 11, 2018

The last subcontractor Cross Country Home Services sent was excellent. They fixed my air conditioning on the hottest day of the year. I like it. But they charge a little bit too much for coming to the house. The price raised from $100 to $125. We're retired people on a fixed income so it's a little high for us. But I had a good experience with the claim.

Original review: July 10, 2018

My washer wasn't spinning and Cross Country sent Sears out who put a new motor in but it didn't work. The Cross Country reps said they would look into it, call Sears and take care of it. On that end, they did okay until the very end. Then I had problems with customer service because they want to charge me again. The second time someone came out, the tech said what was wrong with it and that I had to pay more because that was what Cross Country said. I called them and told them that was unreasonable. They said that it’s the way it is and we went back and forth. I just said I was gonna go and buy a new washer. Then, I called customer service again and spoke to the supervisor. They gave me $500 towards the new one. I went through this for a month but they worked it out great for me. And other than that, it has always been great with Cross Country. I was satisfied with them that I recommended them to my brother.

Original review: July 6, 2018

If I could give 0 stars, I would. After 4 days of repetitive calling, misdirected transferred calls, not being able to understand the reps who did answer (some sounded as if they were still in bed) being left on hold for over 30 minutes at a time, misinformation on top of waiting all day the 4th of July, assured someone was showing up, who never did and $100 co-pay to a plumber they sent out only to be told the water leak was not covered. The technician who sold me the warranty assured me EVERYTHING was covered and the pamphlet he left me was just as misleading. Not acceptable! I'm out $100 as well as the added water expense since the water has been running for 4 days. And, I still need to find a plumber which I could have done 4 days ago had I been advised of the item not being covered.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cross Country Home Services?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 3, 2018

Routine 15+ min. waiting time before they transfer to next person. Every phone session is 40+ min. Cooktop broken April 20 still not fixed as of July 2. 6+ service visits and three diff. sub-contractors. No accountability or commitment to a completion date. Over 30+ personal hrs. invested in phone time and 4 hr. service windows. Are they worth your money?

Original review: July 2, 2018

I am very disappointed in the way Cross Country has handled my claim. I filed my claim on 5/28 and a contractor came out on 6/1 to look at my central AC unit. I was told that I would need a new unit and that they would contact the warranty company for approval. The new unit arrived at the contractors on 6/21, but was missing a piece. I have called almost daily asking for updates on the missing part and I get a different answer every time. Today is 7/2 and still no part. This is week 5 without air conditioning. This is totally unacceptable. I have asked to speak to a supervisor, but one is never available. This is the worst service I have ever received, I am really disappointed in their lack of caring and follow through.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I reported AC problem Saturday June 23, 2018, it’s Saturday again June 30 and my AC still not working. I been calling every day and they keep on saying it is under research for approval, how long will it take to approve a customer’s problem? I live in Texas experiencing almost 100 degree for EIGHT days without AC, where is your compassion CCHS?

Original review: June 27, 2018

We submitted request to look at refrigerator on June 6 - Service Order # **. Technician came on June 9 and said they will submit request to warranty company to replace compressor. It's been 17 days and still warranty company has not approved the request. I did multiple follow-up and was told every time someone will call me back in 24-48 hours. But unfortunately no one called back and not sure what's going on. We have been with CCHS for many years and our prior experiences were OK but this time it's really frustrating and would like someone to really look into this. Every time I get a response that research dept is still looking into it. I will appreciate if CCHS can give time frame instead of just saying they don't know yet.

Original review: June 26, 2018

My HVAC (R-22) unit froze due to a leak. Company had no repairman associated. Told me to get my own which I did. He did a pressure test and saw there was a leak but could not pinpoint it. Asked if they would authorize him tearing down the compressor, they refused. The distance between the compressor and the air handler is sixty two feet with piping in walls and ceilings of three finished and occupied rooms. Said they would locate a second opinion company in regards to a unit relocation and replacement with a much shorter run. Everyone they have contacted will not service my area. I call 3-6 times a day and just get a runaround with no other company located. I had to put my 92 year old mother in law with my wife, in another place while we wait for this to be fixed.

All calls have been documented. Absolutely nothing is happening except we are suffering from the heat. I have repeatedly asked for a supervisor call back and have never received one. In fact, nobody ever calls me back! I have been paying $50.24 for about 8 years and only had one small $100 claim. One cannot reach any of the executive officers and after well over 15 calls, every person is different and nobody reads the file, nor do they care. The mantra is, "I am sorry"... Well, I am sorry I have done business with this company whose marketing states that I am protected in the event of a failure of a covered product.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I've been with Cross Country Home Services for quite a while. They have great service and every time that I call them, they come out without a problem. Their customer service is very good. When I call, they answer right away and they follow up with whatever needs to be done. The technicians that they send are good. I would totally recommend Cross Country Home Services.

Cross Country Home Services response

Rosalia - Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that our customer service team has provided you with excellent service. Our goal is to provide homeowners like you with reliable service and we are happy to hear we delivered. Thanks! - Austin

Original review: June 25, 2018

Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should anyone purchase a Home Warranty Contract either from Sears or Cross Country who Sears subcontracts to. They are hard to do business with, they are not honest, the general quality of their subcontractors is fair. And most of all they say one thing and do another. Clearly the worst company (companies) I have ever dealt with.

Original review: June 25, 2018

Cross Country Home Services was recommended to me by my bank 10 or 12 years ago and I got a warranty from them. They've performed during the times when I had the misfortune to have to use their service, so I've continued with them. The only negative part was the delay in their finding and getting a contractor to travel the distance to where I live, which is far out in a rural area in in Montgomery, Alabama. It usually took from three to seven days for a contractor to come out and get to my home.

The last work I had done was on my air conditioning duct work and the contractor came out of Prattville, which is a 45-mile drive to home, but he said that he’d be happy to come back and work on air conditioning problems that I might have, if requested. Also, there's the cost factor in paying the deductible, especially if I was just getting a ceiling fan job done, which I've had them do for me twice before. But other than that, the work performed has been very satisfactory. Cross Country's home warranty plan is a great thing and I would recommend it to people, and in fact I’ve had several people join them.

Cross Country Home Services response

John - Our goal is to provide homeowners like you with reliable service and we are happy to hear we delivered. Thank you for being a loyal customer! Thanks! – Austin

Original review: June 24, 2018

I've had a good experience with Cross Country Home Services. The payments for my home warranty came out of my bank account. They gave me options and from the original time that I took out the insurance with them, the payments for my policy have gone down, which was another plus. I've had three claims with them so far and they've serviced me very well. I can go online and put in a claim. They also have a 24-hour service where I can call them any time and I submitted my initial claim that way. The quality of the work performed by the contractors has been good. In particular, the contractor that worked on my furnace was very good and I even used them again the following year to do extra maintenance service. They came out and I liked that the technician gave me a recommendation and he did a little something extra. Then, for quality control follow-up, Cross Country called to see if I was pleased and if I was taken care of.

Cross Country Home Services response

Doris - We are thrilled to hear that you’ve had an awesome warranty experience. Providing efficient repairs and excellent customer service is our primary goal as your warranty company. Thank you for your loyalty, and thanks for sharing! - Austin

Original review: June 23, 2018

In the past years, everything has been great with Cross Country Home Services. However, in the end of March, my clothes washer broke down and it was a full, solid month. It was a horrifying experience. I could not get to a person to talk to them. It was all automated. Then, Cross Country found a repair company but they didn't notify me. I told their reps there had been a change of phone number. They had made the changes in phone number and address. And I said, "You have to make sure you make these changes because if you give the guy that's gonna come out and fix me the old phone number, it is no longer in service. And you have my email incorrect. They won't be able to get a hold of me to fix my washer."

They assured me that it would be switched over and taken care of. So I waited over a week. And then, I finally called back and said, "Nobody's calling me." I'm in Arizona and they said, "Well, we can't find anybody. Are you close to Texas?" Texas is 10 hours away. I'm not close to Texas so I said, "No." And then they said, "Well, how about Vegas?" I said, "How about Phoenix?" Phoenix is half an hour from Arizona. So, I wasn't very happy about that.

They finally did find me someone but I called back again and said, "We're on our second week now. What is taking so long?" I called the 1800 number and I thought I was getting connected to customer service, but it actually forwarded me to a repair company. And the repairman said, "I've been trying to get a hold of you, but I had the wrong phone number and the wrong email, so I finally called Cross Country and told them that they had given me wrong information. I couldn't get a hold of the customer." So, I gave him my correct information and said, "When can we schedule for you to come out?"

When I told him the model number of my washer, he said, "Well, I don't work on those." So then, another week had passed. We're on our third week. And then finally, I said, "Look, it's a Kenmore machine. Call Sears. They repair Kenmore machines." And so then, Cross Country finally did send somebody out to repair it. He came out, diagnosed it and he said he couldn't fix it that day because he had to order the parts.

They did order parts and the parts came a week later. A week after that, a different technician from Sears came and he said, "What am I doing?" I said, "What do you mean what are you doing?" I said, "This box of parts came and you're installing it." He did not have his right tools to install it. So he left. I've been waiting week after week after week. He left and told me, "I'm gonna go get the tool. I will be back." He called me at 6:00 or 7 o'clock that night and he showed up at 10:00 AM. He said, "Oh, well, I had to go to my other job and your job is gonna take too many hours, so we're gonna reschedule you for the next day."

So that was a big fiasco and I was not happy at all. I'm in Arizona and we are getting very, very hot right now. If my air conditioner goes out, there's no way that I could possibly wait that long, in a 115 degrees. Bottom line, they did end up installing the parts and everything is done. The experience was awful. Then, unfortunately, my air conditioner did go out recently. I called them and they found a repair company. The people came out the next day and fixed it. So, that was a normal good experience. I've been paying my monthly premium to have that type of insurance. It pays on my mortgage for five years. So I was not happy that I've been paying and then when I went to use it, I had a very bad experience. Nevertheless, they did redeem their self with my air conditioner and I'm very grateful for that.

Cross Country Home Services response

I'm sorry to hear about this experience. We are sorry to hear that your interaction with one of our service providers was less than satisfactory. I'm sorry to hear about this experience. It’s definitely not the level of service we aim to provide.We are happy however that your air conditioner was handled properly for you. That is the type of service we aim to provide. Sincerely, Austin

Original review: June 23, 2018

I’ve been with Cross Country Home Services for a couple of years now and they’ve been good. I prefer them over American Home Shield, my previous home warranty provider, since I've had issues with AHS while I haven’t had any issue with Cross Country whatsoever. Submitting a claim with Cross Country was an easy process. The reps were easy to get a hold of. I gave them a call and they gave me a claim number and sent out a contractor. Then the contractor called me up and set an appointment, and the technicians came out to work on the repair and I paid my deductible. They did what they had to do, then they left and there was no mess. The contractors have done excellent work and I have not had any complaints from the tenants that they've been servicing.

So far, everything is good and the house is in fairly good condition. In the past, we filed claims with Cross Country for the dishwasher and the stove. The stove was getting some years to it, so it was replaced with a new one. The dishwasher is new too. The garbage disposal unit was clogged up and they replaced a pump and the liner there at one time, and the repair work done was fairly decent, quick, and easy. I would recommend Cross Country and we've already recommended them to my sister-in-law and brother-in-law.

Cross Country Home Services response

Larry - We appreciate you sharing your experiences and are thrilled to hear that you have referred your family to us. It is our pleasure to provide you with top-level customer service and efficient claim resolutions. We hope to continue to have you as our customer for many years to come. – Austin

Original review: June 22, 2018

I called the warranty company a week ago Thursday about a plumbing leak. Scheduled an appointment with a plumber on Tuesday, he never showed up or returned my calls. Called the warranty company on Thursday and they rescheduled me with another company for today (Friday). The plumber shows up cuts a bigger hole around the pipe and says he can't fix it because it's the main pipe coming in from the well. I'm guessing he's not certified for well systems, then why send him to my house that you know has a well and septic.

I have the premier package that covers well and septic. So I call the warranty company a few hours later at 11 a.m. to find out what's going on and am told they are looking for someone to come out. I call them again at 2 p.m. And this time they say they closed my case because the plumber said the pipe wasn't installed correctly. How does he know this if he's not even certified to fix it and why was I not told this when I called at 11. I am now waiting for a call from a supervisor and still have a main water pipe that is leaking.

Cross Country Home Services response

Heidi - I'm sorry to hear we've disappointed you. The service you've received is definitely not the level of service we aim to provide. We appreciate your feedback and will give it to the organization in an effort to improve our customer experiences and on our process and procedures. Upon review of your claim it seems that we have denied your claim due to the well pump being installed incorrectly. We know this is not the answer you were hoping for, however we are confident in this decision. - Austin

Original review: June 22, 2018

When I looked at the initial deductible to get the technicians out to the house, Cross Country was approximately the same as the previous company I have used, give or take a 20% difference in cost. Cross Country was a bit higher but the overall cost looked like it was a bit lower. The monthly cost attached to the mortgage was, in the long run, a bit lower. I went on the websites for each of the mortgage companies and Cross Country was also there, and that gave me the price discussion. And then, I went online and looked at several of the comments. You can't always tell by those, but you get a feel whether they're responsive or not. And Cross Country looked okay.

I recently submitted a claim right before we sold the house. Something came up with the air conditioner. I called Cross Country and spoke to representatives on numerous occasions and I got updates so it was resolved in a very timely manner. The company that did the work for me was very good and I was very happy with them. The company I had before with another claim were also good but they weren't quite as good as this last group that I worked with.

I've submitted claims over the years and they didn't cover certain things, which when I went back and looked, I said, "Yes. It ain't in the original coverage," and certainly, I could have bought that coverage, for it was one of those things where it probably would have made me buy it. Case in point, we had a garage door opener go out and that wasn't covered. And we had a washer dryer go out and I knew that wasn't covered so I never even tried to submit a claim on those. But overall, Cross Country is a life saver. Usually, when something is wrong which is very unexpected, you may or may not have the funding to support the repair. I'm very satisfied.

Cross Country Home Services response

Patrick - We are delighted to hear that we’ve been able to satisfy your home warranty needs and appreciate your feedback. Our ultimate goal is to provide an effortless claim experience and make managing home repairs easy. Thank you for being a truly valued customer! Sincerely, Austin

Original review: June 21, 2018

I’ve used Cross Country Home Services from the beginning and I’ve been completely pleased. Anytime I contact them for any reason, they’re right on it and they get the service providers out here immediately. I also tell my friends about them and how good they have been to me. It’s pricey to pay that much every month, but I feel confident about it. I can’t say enough good about Cross Country Home Services.

Cross Country Home Services response

Terry - Our goal is to provide homeowners like you with reliable service and we are happy to hear we delivered. Thank you for being a loyal customer! Thanks! – Austin

Original review: June 20, 2018

This has to be the worst experience with ANY company I've ever experienced. Submitted a claim the weekend of 5/26/18 that my A/C stopped blowing out cold air that day. I waited two weeks for an appointment with a Service Tech, but wasn't that upset because it's that time of the year. Tech stated my inside evaporator coil needed to be replaced, it had a slow leak. I asked the Tech if this was something I caused or could have known about because I get my unit serviced each year, have never had issues or had a Tech say something was wrong with my unit. The Tech said it was caused by normal wear and tear and that I, myself, wouldn't have known about an inside coil leak until it stopped working. He stated some coils can leak for YEARS! Called HMS on 6/5 for an update (24 hours after the tech left my home) and was told the Tech didn't put in notes from his visit yet and he had 48 hours to do so.

Checked online on 6/7 for a status update and it showed "waiting for parts" so I called customer service to see if there was anything else I had to do, they stated the claim was approved and parts were being ordered and to wait a few days for the Service Tech to reach back out to me to fix my A/C. Called on 6/8 and was told the part still hadn't come in yet and they couldn't tell me where it was ordered from or being shipped to! Called back on 6/11 since I didn't hear from the Service Tech and was told by HMS my claim was denied due to pre-ex issue. I asked if she was sure because I had been told all week long it was approved and waiting for parts. I said there was no known issue with my unit and it was working fine the morning I placed my claim. She then put me on hold and came back and said it was approved but denied and I had to pay $300. I asked for what and she stated disposal fees.

I was so confused as to what she was saying. She literally was talking over me and I kept saying, "Ma'am, ma'am, I'm trying to speak" and she just hung up. Called back in tears. I was so frustrated at this point as I felt I was being given the runaround. Got a hold of someone else (after they told me a Supervisor wasn't available) and informed the Rep what the Tech told me in my home and that there was no known issue with my unit. She stated she would reach out to the Service Tech to confirm details about the service call and see if the decision could be overturned. She called him while I was on the phone and he told her he did not say it was a pre-existing condition so she was submitted for it to be overturned and to call back in 3-4 days for an update.

Service Tech called me on 6/18 to see if I had heard about my claim and I told him they were trying to deny my claim due to pre-existing condition and he confirmed that HMS in fact, did reach back out to him and he told them he never stated that. Called HMS back on 6/18 for an update and was told the claim was denied due to pre-ex issue. At this point I asked to speak to a Supervisor AGAIN because I read the terms of my agreement and THEIR AGREEMENT states, "We will cover an unknown pre-existing mechanical failure provided the failure could not have been detected by visual inspection or simple mechanical test in the Buyer Conversion, Buyer Direct, Open Direct or New Home Warranty on the agreement effective date.

A visual inspection of the covered item is considered to mean the viewing of an item to verify that it appears structurally intact and without damage or missing parts that would indicate inoperability. A simple mechanical test means the ability to turn the unit off and on verifying the item operates without irregular sounds or smoke that may indicate a problem". As stated before, there was no way I could have known about an inside coil slow leak and my unit has been serviced every year and was working fine up until the day I placed my claim. There was no KNOWN pre-ex condition.

I was told on 6/18 that a Supervisor wasn't available and would call me back in 24-48 hours. Today is 6/20 and of course no one has called me back. I called HMS today and was told it's 24-48 business hours and when asked what that meant was told they didn't know because each department had different working hours. I asked if I could hold for one and they said one wasn't available. I read the terms of their agreement to them over the phone and was told only a SUPERVISOR could send in for an appeal!!! BUT I CAN'T GET A HOLD OF ONE AND ONE WON'T CALL ME BACK!!! TALK about doing everything not to pay a claim. They won't even honor their own words in their agreement.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Cross Country Home Services still waiting for appointment time day. Two issues with my A/C unit and it is really hot, and Cross Country couldn't get anybody over here to take care of it saying technician will call with app time. It is a difficult time and around 90 degrees in the house. My wood floors are now cupping up. Bet that won't be covered. Submitting a claim online keep getting error code to call so I called three times yesterday in North Carolina heat. With the heat index of over 100 today so last night went out bought a $300.00 window unit for my bedroom. Grrr out of pocket expense. Just want an app time to get this issue fixed. Not happy at the moment. Want my central A/C working again.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I've had the home residential plan from Cross Country Home Services for a while now. I call them up when I submit a claim and they ask me what the problem is and help me out. They’ll give me people that will come out then I'd contact the people and Cross Country sends a service order over to them. Then if there's a problem, I call and let Cross Country know because I don’t let anything go that ain’t right.

Some of the service order people will take longer to come sometimes and some of them will say they'll call me back but they don't. I just call Cross Country back up and they'll give me somebody else. But all the contractors were nice and courteous. All of them fixed everything that I had. When my washer messed up, the contractor came here and told me I got a new washer and I love it. When there were a couple of ceiling fans messed up, they gave me some new ceiling fans. Overall, Cross Country is good and I have recommended them to a couple of people.

Cross Country Home Services response

Cynthia - Our goal is to provide homeowners like you with reliable service and we are happy to hear we delivered. Thank you for being a loyal customer! Thanks! – Austin

Original review: June 19, 2018

Purchased my home August 2017, and it came with a HMS Home Warranty (Cross Country). The ice maker was not working on my Samsung refrigerator, and the seller assured me I could contact HMS for repair. I have had an outstanding claim with them since September 2017. Apparently Sears is the only contractor they use for the entire Indianapolis area. Sears has been out at least 10 times, replaced motors, icemaker twice, and countless other parts. (All of which, they never have on the truck-have to be ordered and shipped to my home.) I then schedule a appointment date for them to come back out and replace, and 9 out of the 10 times, I get a confirmation from Sears with a different date!

Then I have to call their customer service, always get someone in India that can barely speak English, and they proceed to tell me the date the service technician scheduled is "not available", and I have to reschedule yet again. The last Sears tech that came out, said we needed to replace the water line and that "should" fix the problem. We did, and it did not fix the problem. Couple of months ago, the defrost fan starting freezing up, and we have to defrost it about every 3 weeks. Now the whole fridge side it not cooling, and all my food is spoiled.

I have spoken to so many people at HMS regarding this, Katie, Gabriel, Brian, Sheryl... and Sherry at Cross Country 3/12/18. They informed me they did not have the service records from Sears (how is that possible?), that they would request paperwork, and send it to authorization department for review and someone would be contacting me. It is now 6/19/18, I have not heard from anyone. The money spent on technicians, parts, time off of work-could have easily replaced the refrigerator by now. Which is what it states in the paperwork.

"The agreement addresses the mechanical failure of appliances and systems in your home. Should they fail to function as designed, we will schedule a technician to diagnose the failure and report the finding to us. We will make every effort to repair the item, if we are unable to repair the item, then we will replace it with a model of comparable features." Yet, I have been told by Sears, HMS has to make that call to replace, and HMS says Sears has to make that call to replace. And I cannot get anyone to call me back, or follow through on anything I have been told would happen. I think the warranty is going to expire soon, and that is the plan... to do nothing.

I have been more than patient, now all my food is spoiled and the fridge is not cooling and I want a replacement! Jackie ** would purchased the warranty. Is not going to use you anymore, and needless to say, neither will I. I would contact the CEO, but his email is not available. This home warranty is a total rip off! Would not recommend anyone purchasing one, especially from this company. Reporting to BBB. Highly dissatisfied.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Cross Country gives me who I need to call and I then I call those people. Then they come and do the job quickly. It has been easy to submit claims so far. But I didn’t know the deductible had gone up. I was expecting to pay $85 but it became $113. Cross Country should notify us when their prices are going up. And then, I've got a separated garage with another refrigerator in it and it's not covered. I would like to see that covered. But other than that, Cross Country makes me feel better and they have good service.

Cross Country Home Services response

James -Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that our customer service team has provided you with excellent service. We are delighted to hear that we’ve been able to satisfy your home warranty needs. Thank you for being a loyal customer!

Original review: June 19, 2018

Cross Country is good and it was recommended by my niece when my son first got the house. The contract is through my son but they’re always out of town so they have me doing all the calling and running around. We’ve had the warranty for about 10 years already and they follow through whenever we have a maintenance. They sent a contractor and checked my air-conditioner. We’ve had our air-conditioner from upstairs because it’s a two-story house, with fans going down the stairway and it made us comfortable downstairs. But we’re still waiting for them to come and fix it.

On May 21st when I called for the order, the AC technician came by and he looked at it, and he said, “You’re gonna need a new coil.” But they have not returned or told me whether they’re gonna repair that coil or put a new coil. On the other hand, speaking with the CS rep went well, also with the company that came. The techs told me that if I had any questions about what’s going on after they came, they said that I would have to contact the warranty company. And I’ve tried to contact them and I went through ServiceBench but it keeps coming back saying "undeliverable".

Cross Country Home Services response

Virginia - We appreciate you taking the time to share your warranty experience. We do our best to provide quick and reliable service and we thank you for being a loyal customer. If you are needing further assistance please respond back and we will follow up with you. Thank you – Austin

Original review: June 18, 2018

Cross Country Home sounded like good insurance for the appliances in our house and we decided to go for it. We find their reps to always be very accommodating and polite. We call the number they gave us and when someone answers, we explain what the problem is. Then either they contact somebody to do the work and schedule an appointment for us or people call us and we schedule an appointment. Additionally, we normally get a good response time from the service people. So far, they have been good at getting the job done and they work very efficiently. For instance, when one of our air conditioners was not working, Carl came, checked the AC out and got it running again.

We got most of the things that we have to deal with in our house covered and we're pleased with that. We've had several other companies solicit us and some of their prices were seemingly a little better, but not by a whole lot. Having Cross Country Home gives us a little bit of security knowing that hopefully, we would not have a very large expense because of an appliance.

In the past we've had some occurrences where we've had difficulty getting the service people to respond as timely as we would have liked. And there was a case where we needed an electrician to come out and they told us we could go out and get someone ourselves because they were not able to get anybody in our area. It was not very convenient and we didn't like it. But they've made some changes and have tapped some people that are fairly local to us so the services seemed to have been better in the last year.

Cross Country Home Services response

Jack - Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that our customer service team has provided you with excellent service. We are delighted to hear that we’ve been able to satisfy your home warranty needs. Thank you for being a loyal customer! - Austin

Original review: June 17, 2018

Cross Country Home Services reached out to me by calling me up on the phone. I got a home warranty from them, and everybody has always been nice when I called and needed them. I have filed claims for my AC and refrigerator. And most of the technicians that Cross Country sent were good but some of them were not but it was okay. I would recommend Cross Country.

Cross Country Home Services response

Lois - Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We strive to provide an effortless claim experience for our customers and it’s great to know that overall, you were pleased with our service. - Austin

Original review: June 17, 2018

I like the ease of mind that comes with having the services of Cross Country. If things go out and need to be replaced, Cross Country is a pretty good value. Their customer service is good and that's why we went with it. I usually speak to them over the phone but I’ve done it online a couple of times. The coverage plan that I have is all right but they have something that’s called maintenance preventative thing and that doesn’t really seem to do anything. I’ve tried to use it a couple of times and they said they couldn't find anybody and then that’s it. Then they finally got out on one thing and they said it was not broken. And then they said to leave it until it breaks so the whole thing is pointless. But last year we had them come out and replace our furnace and heat pump. That saved us a lot of money and that was great. I have been with Cross Country Home Services probably since 2012 and I told other people to get it as well.

Cross Country Home Services response

Jason - We are delighted to hear that we’ve been able to satisfy your home warranty needs and appreciate your feedback. Our ultimate goal is to provide an effortless claim experience and make managing home repairs easy. Thank you for being a truly valued customer! Sincerely, Austin

Original review: June 16, 2018

My daughter had Cross Country and she bought it for me. When I submitted a claim, I called and told them what's wrong and they give me the name of somebody locally. They recently sent a plumber and it went well. However, I wish they included coverage for the lights outside the house like the carport light or the front porch light. And I don't like the idea that the cost summed up for $125. Other than that, my experience has been pretty good.

Cross Country Home Services response

Carletha - Our goal is to provide homeowners like you with reliable service and we are happy to hear we delivered. Thank you for being a loyal customer! Thanks! – Austin

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 15, 2018

I have had an account with Total Protect for 11 years. Evidently they have sold my account to Cross Country. Cross Country is terrible. First they came out to fix my washer. The washer is from 1991. Instead of replacing it they "fixed" it. When I went to use it the basket broke and started thumping back and forth making the washer crawl across the floor. I called back, they said "oh that part isn't covered." I said, “But it wasn't broken until your guy came here and "fixed" it.” They referred me to Sears who referred me back to them. I went back and forth 4 times getting nowhere. Either way I no longer have a washer to use. That was back in May. Then as things will happen my water heater started leaking. They sent me a plumber who couldn't turn the water heater off. He said, “Let's just turn off the electric that will help.” Yeah well then it started to leak worse.

I called it in as an emergency, they said, “Well it has to go to authorization process which could be 3 to 5 days before we know anything.” I said "What? But this is an emergency. There is water flowing all over my floor.” I asked for another plumber to be sent out because the guy they sent me didn't know what he was doing (Thanks Eagle Eye Plumbing). They said if I did that it would start the whole process again and could take weeks to resolve. I was fit to be tied. I was so angry. I call back the next day to find out the plumber hadn't even put the claim in yet like he said he would. No one cares that my 95 year old mother might slip on the floor or me for that matter. I had to ring out beach towels for 4 days because remember I don't have a washer that works even though they "fixed" it. This whole thing has been above and beyond ridiculous.

I have been told so many things each contradicting the other. But that's okay because I have all my phone calls recorded as well and have proof of what I'm saying. I called one final time to make sure my accounts were canceled. I got a representative from the membership dept. She told me she couldn't help me because she just took care of billing. I said, “But you said I have the right dept.” She said, “Yes you do. I just can't help you.” So she put me through to another person. I believe her name was Tessa. She was great and I was so happy she spoke English. She could actually understand me and I her. She told me if she could please call me back. I said fine. Knowing full well like those before her who said this, that she wouldn't call back either. Much to my surprise she called me back.

She told me she wanted to make this right because I've been a good customer for 11 yrs. I told her I appreciated it but there has been too much that has happened to go back now. Now if I had dealt with an honest person to begin with and someone who cared like she did from the beginning I might not be switching to Choice Home Warranty company (who by the way will be charging me 30 a month per house with a 45 dollar service fee). You need to get your act together. You are lucky to have Tessa. You should give her a promotion. If I hadn't been forced to join another company due to the large lack of professionalism from your other staff, I would have given Tessa a chance. She reminds me of how you USED to be. So disappointed... And yes I will be calling the Better Business Bureau.

Cross Country Home Services response

Marla - We are sorry to hear of the problems you experienced obtaining service. We aim to provide each of our customers with quick and efficient service, and it is apparent that we missed our goal. We regret that we lost you as a customer and apologize for the inconvenience.  Sincerely, Austin

Cross Country Home Services expert review by Michele Lerner

In business since 1994, Cross Country Home Services offers home warranty, repair and maintenance services nationwide to over 75 million customers. The company also offers broker services to real estate offices.

• TotalProtect home warranty: Cross Country Home Services works with TotalProtect to provide multiple service plans and pricing options for your home.

• Covered appliances: TotalProtect’s home warranty packages cover items like your air conditioner, dishwasher, refrigerator, washing machine, dryer and oven.

• Workmanship guarantee: After any repairs are done on your home, those repairs are guaranteed for 180 days.

• Extensive service network: Cross Country Home Services has a network of over 40,000 service providers and continues to partner with new providers. If you’re a provider, you can join their network through Cross Country’s website.

• Best for: homeowners who want to protect their home appliances from failure.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner

Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Cross Country Home Services Company Information