4.39/5
Based on 53 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

When it comes to home repairs, thousands of homeowners rely on Cross Country Home Services whenever their appliances or systems breakdown. From air conditioners, washers and dryers to dishwashers, refrigerators and ovens, Cross Country Home Services will take care of the problem you are facing. With a variety of plans available, CCHS allows you to select the coverage that best fits your needs. Contact us today to learn more about our services and plans available!

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 13, 2018

53 Cross Country Home Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

The plan coverage we currently have with Cross Country is good and it has a reasonable price. Whenever we submit a claim, it is relatively easy either online or calling in person but we prefer doing it online and it is usually pretty quick. Their website was recently upgraded in the last year where we get assigned to a company immediately. When I have any issues, I call them and speak to their reps. They have all been very good and helpful. However, I would like to see a better program for replacement. I called them mostly for my heat pump that was over 25 years old. Everyone that came to repair it told me it was long overdue to be replaced. But I understand if it could be repaired, it would be better than the expense of replacing it.

Then one time, I was assigned a company who did a very poor service and the company refused to come back and repair the issue that they made. But Cross Country took care of it right away and they assigned someone else who came out immediately. The next time I called for repair, the automatic system assigned me to the same person that I said I wouldn't deal with before, but it was changed quickly and Cross Country addressed it right away.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I've had claims for the heat/air conditioning since I've had Cross Country Home Services. I put in a claim in December and again in January. The customer reps were very nice and had done a real good job on it. They first called it in to Charleston and the man wouldn’t return the call. I got a hold of him after about three days and he wouldn’t come up here, but he never bothered to tell me. We didn’t have any heat for a long time and we were real cold, so I kept calling him and saying, “Please call me.” I also called Cross Country in Florida and they told me to call him back. He had a good point saying he doesn't see driving up to where we are from Charleston to fix our furnace, so I would never want him again. But everything was fine with the company from Sumpter and their people who came were professional, very good, and did the job then got out. Also, I've told friends it's time they need a home warranty like we got.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Residential MD warranty is fine. I know that once something breaks, I can call them and they will immediately set up a work order. I usually try to follow it up with a phone call to whomever it is that they've sent the work order to. Their reps have also been helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable. But the problem is their contractors. The last claim I had was for my pool pump. Residential MD tried to get the place that they assigned to me call me to set up an appointment. One time, I called the company and they told me that they weren't taking calls, which was not a great thing for a company. I called Residential MD and told them that I couldn't get a hold of their contractor. They also experienced the same thing but they gave their best effort and we both finally got through to the company.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

We found the overall product offering of Cross Country far more robust and thorough than some of the warranty company. It was in terms of the tiered service levels that they provided, what the coverage was, what they did in terms of the overall asset management which was managing in-house and what happens when it comes to the end of the product’s life, and coordination. We’ve had a majority of maintenance and appliance repairs and ongoing maintenance. When we place the call, the reps were courteous and responsive. We never had to wait long on the phone and even found the list of repair people very, very responsive. When something could not be done in a specific time where the repair people couldn’t do it, they quickly found an alternative.

The only negative thing was with the last repair for a major replacement part, which could’ve been outside their purview. The part took over a month to become available. Fortunately, the device was still somewhat operable and once the part came in, the scheduling of service was right behind it and the person who came in did a great job. The appliance is working fine. I'm surprised that more people don’t use a full-service like this. I don’t think people understand how it works and how it can be beneficial. We’ve been a client of theirs at least seven years at a minimum and it has worked for us during that time. It was absolutely a phenomenal experience with them. Any individual or homeowner looking for a full-service maintenance solution should look at Cross Country.

Cross Country Home Services response

Nicholas - We are thrilled to hear that you’ve had an awesome warranty experience. Providing efficient repairs and excellent customer service is our primary goal as your warranty company. Thank you for your loyalty, and thanks for sharing! - Stephanie

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I’ve had good relations with all the reps from Cross Country Home. The coverage is all right but the deductible is a little high. I usually submit claims over the phone and sometimes online. Cross Country Home has been good to me and all my claims have been paid satisfactorily.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cross Country Home Services?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

My house already had Cross Country's warranty and I just took it over. My coverage plan is fine and it's working out well. I called the number in my booklet to file claims for my toilet and garbage disposal. Initially, it was an automated system and I put in exactly what I was trying to get serviced and it shot me out a number and the name of the company that I was going to contact. I have also spoken to a rep who was fine. The companies I have worked with were nice, too. I will refer Cross Country and I'm glad that I have a home warranty. The repairs could be expensive so it's a better sense of security.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Cross Country is really good compared to the first two warranty companies I had before. When I finally got rid of my prior warranty company, it took me about two months' research before I decided to go with Residential Gold from Cross Country Home Services. They have been good and they send somebody out four times a year for maintenance checks on the plumbing, the heating and air, and the electrical. But they seemed to have started having a hard time finding somebody in this area to come out. They sent a plumber out here from Zion Crossroad for the maintenance check and he told me that he won't be back because my location was too far.

Now, the people who have been coming to check my heat pump are no longer going to serve this area as well so I'm freaking out. When a heat pump situation came up, Cross Country had to research and go to the resource Department, and it was going to take three to five days. Then it would be another three to five days to get the heat pump to the installer. I was very stressed the whole time and that made me sicker. I had double pneumonia and it had become septic. This was a medical issue and I ended up in the hospital.

I thought that when something like this happened, they would get with the installer, get the heat pump out here and get it put in but it didn't turn out like that. It was ridiculous and the customer service reps couldn't do anything about getting it installed any quicker either. They had to refer me to the manager and I had to talk to somebody in the resource department. After talking to them that Thursday, the installer called me on Friday morning. Cross Country had contacted the contractor and let them order it but they had to submit three prices on different heat pumps.

Cross Country finally picked one and the contractors came in. They were wonderful and installed the heat pump that Tuesday. But if I had waited for Cross Country to go through all the departments, I don't know when I would have gotten the heat pump. I had to pay $1,300 out of my pocket for the heat pump. That surprised me but it was to get it up to date and that was fine because it could have cost me 7,000. Other than the heat pump claim, they also replaced my washer four months ago.

It's a good company but you have to follow up on their behind. Also, they've gone with computerizing but I don't want to be talking to a computer. I want to talk to a live person because it's hard to explain to a computer what your problem is. They also raised their fees from $95 to $125 although the monthly fee hasn't gone up yet. If it does, I'll probably drop the warranty and go somewhere else. Otherwise, I'm satisfied with them.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Our policy with Cross Country Home Services came with the sale of the house. We just took over the rest of the term and then we picked it up after that. We have been with them for 14 months. Their claims process was easy. We've had three repairs that needed to be done and we called them. Everything was taken care fine. The customer service reps were very helpful, friendly, and outgoing. They're the kind who'd take care of my needs. However, they could improve the services on the vendor side. There have been a couple of instance where they don't have the parts they need when they get there, so they had to come back. And because it's a second home, we're not there all the time. It took a month or so before they were able to finish the project. So, they may be more prepared when they get there. Nevertheless, I'm very happy with Cross Country and I'd recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

When I purchased the home, I had a home warranty through another company and I was very dissatisfied with them. When I was going on the credit union’s website, TotalProtect showed up and I purchased it through the website. I called the number that was on there and one of their agents was really nice. She walked me through the whole thing and did everything very easily over the phone. Their customer service is awesome. I've only had three claims and every time I call, someone answers the phone then I put claims through and then I get an email.

So far I'm impressed with their contractors except for Sears. They're horrible and I find it unacceptable that their turnaround time is three weeks. So every time I contact TotalProtect’s office, I tell them I will not use Sears and always advice the agency that if they want to keep a good name and good services, they should not use Sears. Also, I’m disappointed that TotalProtect doesn’t have an actual webpage where I can log in and look at the process or my information. I like looking at the claims that I've done in the past and being able to track anything on their website. But they only have that portal where they sell their product. Otherwise, everything's excellent and I highly recommend Cross Country.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Years ago, I got Cross Country through American Express. Then American Express quit carrying it, but I stayed and I've told a lot of people that don't have insurance to go with them. I recently filed a claim over the phone to get my sink fixed and their wait time was fairly quick. They gave me a number to call then I called the plumber. He came out, was very nice and knowledgeable, and he fixed it. I also had an issue in one of my upper bathrooms and another plumber came out for that. He was very nice and knowledgeable, too. A lot of people don't believe in having this kind of policy but through the years, it has worked for me. Hopefully the plan covers everything it says it's going to and if I have a major claim, they'll back it up.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

We purchased our home two and half years ago and have had HMS Cross Country as our warranty company since then. Our realtor gave it to us and we've renewed it twice. Unfortunately, I've had to use it in the first year, but they were able to send someone to repair right away. I like their service and it has worked out well so far.

I submitted an online claim for my dishwasher recently. And their site was straightforward and easy to navigate. There was a very visible "File a claim." Then I just had to choose what appliance I was filing a claim for. I have a Samsung dishwasher and it had an error code. The tech came the very next day. He was very good and followed up well. My dishwasher needed a certain part and he made sure he got the part, and in two days, he came back and put it in.

Once, I called an 800 number to file a claim with HMS for my gas stove since I wasn't sure whether they had techs that work with that kind of stove. After a few prompts, it went to someone and I spoke with them about the claim. It was easy as well, it just took slightly longer than doing it online. My deductible went up a little bit with the plan that I have. Earlier, it was $50, but right now, it's $100. It is still okay because I don't have to worry about finding out who or what handyman I have to call for a certain job. I'm satisfied and I have referred the company.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

My home is 11 years old and things are starting to deteriorate a little bit in line with the appliances. I knew that within a reasonable amount of time, I'll to have to start replacing these things, so I became a part of TotalProtect, which is under Cross Country Home Services. It's a lot easier that way than it is to be paying the whole thing out of pocket. We've been with them for three years and I know three of our neighbors are also a part of TotalProtect. We all had a good experience with TotalProtect.

I called them for a claim and they found someone local who came in and looked at the items I talked about. He was very good and knowledgeable. He knew what he had to do, from his end, and he did it. He worked with TotalProtect before as a plumber. And in this past time, the gentleman came in and the next day, he had the new hot water heater. He had the whole thing replaced even though the part could be replaced. He said with the age of it being what it was would be like wasting money. I had to sign on the dotted line nonetheless but he did the interacting with TotalProtect.

However, I was a little annoyed when TotalProtect raised their fees this last year, but it's still cheaper in the long run than going out and purchasing. Plus, their customer service is excellent. Also, they don't have a whole lot of knowledge to whom they can call in this general area. This is a seashore resort and it's primarily a summertime residence. Now, I have a microwave that doesn't vent. I used it and the stove and the house got stinky since I can't vent what I'm cooking and I'm going to have to take care of that after the holidays.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

We purchased a home and Cross Country came with the mortgage application. We had the first two years for free and we've been with them for six years, going on seven. They provide the service and they respond right away. The people that are under contract with them are very good. You work with them and they work with you. The only problem I got with customer service is they don't get enough staff. You got to be on the phone for a long time. But when you get them, they clearly understand your issues. They are trained to understand what's going on. They take down your information, they analyze it and then they would respond where they would be looking into your issues and get a technician out to your home within a short period of time. Their technicians are knowledgeable and they know what they're doing. They give good service and things are taken care of.

We’ve got a small problem with our washing machine, which is an old model, and we're getting good service, but it broke down again. The home warranty is working with us, as well as the customer service and the technician. Everybody is in the loop to know what's going on and the service and response time is really good. We’ve also had a furnace, two washing machines, and the water heater serviced. So, that's four items in six years. We've had a very good service, and on a cost-benefit analysis, Cross Country can't be beaten.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I’m very pleased with how Cross Country handled the appliance for my claim. It was compatible with my first unit so they did really good. Their service reps have been very pleasant but they have different techs and I’ve had trouble with some of them. Other than that, their warranty is pretty good, and I recommend them all the time.

Cross Country Home Services response

Brenda - Thanks for the kind words! We are sorry to hear that you've had trouble with some of our techs. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to provide you with great customer service. – Tanya

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I was with Sears Home Warranty before and Cross Country is a better provider since we were able to get everything bundled together and insured as compared to Sear's insurance of only a few items. We normally call whenever we submit a claim and everything has gone well. Everyone has been helpful. I had to recall one time because the parts didn't come in. But then there was a hurricane that time and I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. We also particularly like the guy they send out for our heating and air conditioning because he gives us time whenever he comes out. I would recommend Cross Country.

Cross Country Home Services response

Nicholas - Thanks for sharing! We’re glad that you had a good experiences and we’ve satisfied your home warranty needs. – Tanya

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

This company has been a nightmare to deal with!!! I have been paying them a premium for 5 years. This month I finally has reason to make a claim. On Nov 1st I made a claim for my dryer. I called - after a 25 minute hold time (every time I call) I made sure they had the correct phone number and email. Seems info was sent for 1 month to the wrong email. Nothing had been fixed in their system nor in my house!. On Nov 22, 2017 - I called to inquire about my dryer repair and then made a new claim for my oven. No one I spoke with ever had the authority to fix the delay problem and later the problem of sending two different technicians from two different companies thus charging me two separate service calls.

The oven guy - didn't have the part and had to order. Told me that because Cross Country had not properly completed the service request I would be charged in full the cost of everything. The dryer guy came today and when he contacted Cross Country to tell them the problem - they said they don't cover those parts. I would love an opportunity to speak with a manager or someone in authority to fix this nightmare. I have left 5 messages specifically about speaking to a manager. I have been assured each time that a manager would be calling me within 24 hours. I have never received a call. Now I want them to pay for all repairs - then I want a refund for all the money I wasted with this fraudulent - mismanaged company. If anyone know how to get this nightmare resolved - please advise!

Cross Country Home Services response

Colleen - It sounds like we’ve let you down. Your experience definitely does not reflect the type of service we aim to provide and we would like to address your concerns. Email us at erelations@totalprotect.com with the best time to reach you. -Tanya

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Submitting a claim to Cross Country is never a problem. I just turn it in, pay my deductible and it’s done. I’m very happy with them.

Cross Country Home Services response

Joe - Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the services we’ve provided to you and for your loyalty! Our goal is to deliver on our promises. We appreciate your feedback! – Tanya

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

My claims with Cross Country Home Services are usually a pleasant experience. I've had one or two experiences with the technician that weren't excellent but the actual customer service people have been good and really helpful. Every time I wanted to submit a claim, I never had a problem doing it and I never had a situation nobody showed up after I schedule a service call. However, I was never notified that they had taken away the complementary fall and spring check-up this year and I closely follow the emails that I get from them too. I would call every once in a while and I found that out this month. They also did not make me aware that it was something that they could offer to you at a discount from one of the companies that they work with until I called up. Otherwise, it's a good program because I had another one when I purchased another home and it was absolutely atrocious.

Cross Country Home Services response

Ronald - We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Your feedback is very valuable to us and we are sorry to hear that your claim experiences with our service techs were not what you completely expected and are pleased that we have met your expectations. – Tanya

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I call Cross Country Home Services to file a claim and they give me a claim number. Then they call the service company to come out and everything has been fine. The technicians have been knowledgeable and friendly as well. I would refer them.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I've been with Cross Country since 2007, and their prices have gone up and I don't use it very often. Most things come up like clockwork, and I've had some problems. Last year, I had to wait for more than a month for a part to fix my stove. So, I had no stove over Thanksgiving and almost didn't have one for Christmas. And if I did not have another stove I could access, it would have really been problematic. I understand that they have no control over getting parts but they can be more upfront about it. There's only one place for them to get the part, and it was supposed to take a whole month. So, they get to benefit and take another week before they can tell it to the person who's going to come and put it on.

Their customer service representatives were courteous but it really becomes annoying when there's a problem and they're reading from a script because they have to say what they have to say. And they're not really helping at all because they can only push the button to do what they can do. So, what they say feels disingenuous when I know there's absolutely no feeling behind it and they're just doing their job. I hope they tap the recordings because it was just last year when I had trouble with the stove and the number of people I talked to. When I asked for someone, I got mixed messages and different timeframes, which was annoying.

I had a similar issue with my washing machine when it was supposed to be repaired in one day, but it didn't get repaired for almost a week and a half later. I waited for somebody to come here to repair my washing machine but nobody showed up. And when somebody came and didn't have the part for the repair, I started looking at what they're costing me in addition to paying the service fee, which went from $60 to $85 and now $125, and I'm not getting anything in addition. So, I am actively looking for other services. I would also tell people to be cautious of Cross Country. It was initially set up to be a good deal, but they started changing, their service fee kept going up, and then, I couldn't get the service I need when I needed it. They were a very good choice but now, I've told people that they need to even interview a few people before they set up with somebody.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

My refrigerator has not been repaired since October 23, 2017. October 27, 2017 technician evaluated refrigerator, said, the parts need to ordered and will be available in 7-10 days. November 3, 2017 called Cross Country, October 31, 2017, authorization was sent to service provider (Appliance Service Plus), I was on hold for 1.5 hours to receive that information from customer service. November 6, called service provider, parts cannot be ordered, called Cross Country to get status, on hold 1.5 hours, told them what service provider stated, they said service provider will need to call them. Called corporate office talked with case management (Megan) said she was sorry. Parts will be ordered.

November 8, 2017 called to get status, parts are ordered. Need to wait. November 12, 2017 called customer service to get status, was told parts are not authorized and they are waiting for a decision on my claim. Thanksgiving is next week, I have family flying in and coming out of town and I have no refrigerator. I have a family of 6 as it is and we are without a refrigerator, you would think that they would offer to purchase another one and refund my $125.00 diagnostic for my troubles. Do not sign up for this company. It is not worth the hassle and they have poor customer service and they do not look out for the consumer.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

The process for submitting a claim is relatively easy. Cross Country has a 24/7 call number. We call them and they get right on it. There are nine items that is covered which are the electrical system, the plumbing system, the heating system, the washer and dryer, the water heater, the air conditioner system, the garbage disposal, the ceiling fan, and the garage door opener. So far, everything has been okay because whenever I had a problem with the air conditioning, they’re always Johnny-on-the-spot. The garbage disposal went out once and they came and repaired it right away. They just did the water heater and they did it in a timely fashion, and everything went well with that. They came back a day or two to make sure that everything was working and that it wasn’t leaking. It was a good service.

There’s more that they should cover though. The house has a built-in dishwasher, electric oven, and microwave. They don’t cover those. I have the back coverage for the dishwasher, and I pay up a premium every year in order to keep that enforced. And then, the microwave went out about a month and I had to go out and buy a new microwave and have it installed. But it’s not on the list, so there’s nothing I can do about that. When I purchased the house, I understood that. Our refrigerator wasn’t in here but I have to keep coverage up on it. If anything goes wrong with it, I have a different insurance that I have to file with in order to keep my refrigerator going. But whenever something goes wrong with what Cross Country said was covered, I call them and they’d come out and take care of everything. They are always good.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Everything's been good with Cross Country - from coverage to the reps to the technicians. I can call them up every time I need them. I have submitted a claim the other day. The water heater was making a lot of noise but they said nothing’s broke. I was afraid something can happen to the boiler and do damage in the house. Somebody came and it was changed here today.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I am not happy with Cross Country Home Services at all. I had another warranty provider before and Cross Country is pretty much in need of a lot of training because they get overwhelmed. If you call them, you're on hold for 20 minutes. I went through a frustrating period with them where I had some repairs that needed to be made to my gas-fired heating system and it took over a month to get it done. When I called Cross Country, they gave me the impression that they were right on top of everything. Whether I’d file a claim through their website or I’d call, somebody would answer sometimes while other times, I would have to wait. Cross Country’s central dispatch system didn’t have enough circuits and people. What would happen if it gets chilly here in Rhode Island? That's no time to have a breakdown and depend on Cross Country to get someone here who knows what they’re doing.

Then once I get to someone and tell them my problem, Cross Country would call me back a little later with the name of a local contractor who would come out and take care of the problem. In this case, it was a local company called Dempsey Energy Company. And with this company, I had to call them because they didn’t usually call. They were really poor in terms of customer service. The communication with them has also issues. They’re nice, but their technicians weren’t fully trained. Every time they would come out, there's $100 deductible. So, I went through that twice and I had to pay.

The tech from Dempsey was supposed to show up here a couple of nights ago. That night, he called me at 6:00 and told me that he’s stuck in traffic. I said that I'll be here, but he never showed up. He also didn’t call me again to tell me that he wasn't going to show up at all. I became so frustrated with the fact that I couldn't get heat supplied to my tenant who’s uncomfortable and concerned. I had to go out and buy electric heaters for them to stay warm. So, I went into the yellow pages and had a local contractor come out and take care of the problem. Then, the tech from Dempsey happened to stop in here the other day but I didn't know why. With Cross Country, I don’t feel supported. I pay them $35 a month because it was supposed to be expensive. I haven't decided what to do with them. They’re really not up to speed at all. They need a lot of re-planning in customer service.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

When our air-conditioning unit started tripping the breaker, I called Cross Country to submit a claim and make an appointment for someone to come out. The people there were very good and helpful and tried to do their job. However, the people that they sent were rejects and I’m not pleased them. The rep told me it would be $125 for the service call and I questioned that. My wife was not informed that the cost increased from $84 to $125. I asked him to give me a receipt and he said he had no way to give one, so I told him to charge it to my account and I would pay it when the bill comes in. But my wife said that’s not the way it works so I gave him my wife’s debit card. They scanned it through their machine and it showed that I paid $125. Also, he told us that we had too much Freon and it was fixed, but it wasn’t.

I talked to Cross Country around three times and tried to get the rep back. They called him but he never came, so I was looking at $125 blown out in the middle of the street. Then Cross Country said they got a great guy who came out and charged me another $125 for the same thing. My wife said that he pulled the thing apart and noticed that the conduit leading from the unit itself to the house was heating up. The rep also said that the cable, which was 15-inch with two electric wires that got one in one end and one in the other, has water in it and he would have to replace it. I asked how much and he lied to us that the part would be around $100, so I told them to go ahead and fix it. It’s a $5.95 part but I went along with it because I was busy.

He returned the next day but I was working and wasn’t there since he was still able to leave my property. My wife said he was rude to her. She was inside the house and he called her and looked for me. He said he has the part for the air-conditioner and it was $197. My wife came outside and he showed her the conduit that he was going to replace it with after she paid $197 and replaced it. She said thank you and wrote him one check, gave him $125 in cash for the second visit and the third time was $197 by debit card, which was excessive. I don't like being cheated and I told Cross Country about it, and they said they would put it under investigation. They charged me $500 for the service call, the part and the monthly pay through the automatic payment which was $54 when we started, so I was not happy.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I'm pleased with Cross Country Home Services. They have been prompt in providing me people that took care of my minor problems. I've submitted a claim online and through the phone and prefer submitting a claim online. I have a hard time hearing on the phone and I'm old. It was $84 deductible when I went with them and it's a $100 now. Even so, I'm satisfied with the coverage and plan that I have.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

The Cross Country policy was a better deal and in over the 10 years I've had them, the relationship's been good. They've been efficient and the customer service has been excellent. There is quick resolution to problems and no long wait time. I have been on hold a couple of times after the service guy has come out to get paid but that's the only delay and that hasn't been so bad. Other than that, I'm very satisfied. With the few service calls that I've had, there wasn't any hassle. I had a problem with the air conditioning once and they resolved it. It got hot but everything worked out good as far as the turnaround time for the actual repair. I've had some friends who had issues with their homes as well, and I highly recommended Cross Country because it would have helped them.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Our Cross Country Home Services warranty was bought for us when I got the house. I've been quite pleased with them and their reps have never been bad, except for when I called yesterday to renew. I stayed on the phone for about 30 minutes and I talked to someone who got my information and told me to hold on but I never got anybody to talk with. Also, I have submitted my claims over the phone and it seemed to be lengthy but our claims have been resolved so I'm cool with that. Having them available is a good thing to have in the event of problems. I would tell a friend to consider Cross Country.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Cross Country Home Services came with the home when I got it and I have their whole package. So far, they came out and worked on my air conditioner, washer and dryer. The technicians they sent were accommodating but I felt a little down when they came out to fix something and told me they could do it in about a week. But a week later, they still couldn't work on it. Besides that, they've been pretty fair. Cross Country should also handle things a little differently as far as how they go about the claims process because after I call them, it takes them a while to take action. While there are some stuff that I don't have like a swimming pool, my plan is still the best. I have recommended them to people.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Back in April, I filed a claim with AHS because my air conditioning wasn't working correctly. The contractors came out and gave me three pounds of Freon. It's what the invoice said and I paid them $800. But last month, my air conditioner stopped working again. I would have it set on 72 but it would be 76 degrees in the house and it couldn't go down to the temperature I wanted. I called Cross Country out again and I spoke with a young lady. I told her it was doing the exact same thing that it was doing back in April and though the reps were normally helpful and knowledgeable, she got snippy with me. She said that just because we have the same symptom doesn't mean it can't be something different.

However, when the guy came out, he put another three pounds of Freon in there. It was so fast and I asked if he even saw if there was a leak. I told him someone was out here in April and did the same thing. He looked surprised and said he wished I would've told him that before he put the Freon in. I told the representative though and since it had only been a couple of months, the unit should not have been acting up again. He said there was probably a leak and if there was, what they gave me will leak out again anyway. He said he was going to contact the company to let them know and Cross Country would have to determine what the next course of action would be, whether or not they would pay to fix the leak. But I haven't heard from him or anybody else since he left a few weeks ago.

The issue was not addressed and when I called, I didn't even get a representative sometimes. Then the contractors were required to put Freon in and they didn't look for anything else. They just did what they were told to do and that put a bad taste in my mouth. I'm paying this monthly premium for this home warranty service and their guy told me what they cover and what they were going to do so that's what I expected from this company. I was expecting them to do to work for me and not to come out and put a band aid on the problem. That aside, I had them come out before for my garbage disposal and the guy was great. He fixed it so this was the only time I've had a negative experience with.

Cross Country Home Services Company Information

877.880.1634
www.cchs.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use