It's that easy Request Information
3.60/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

When it comes to home repairs, thousands of homeowners rely on Cross Country Home Services whenever their appliances or systems breakdown. From air conditioners, washers and dryers to dishwashers, refrigerators and ovens, Cross Country Home Services will take care of the problem you are facing. With a variety of plans available, CCHS allows you to select the coverage that best fits your needs. Contact us today to learn more about our services and plans available!

221 Cross Country Home Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

When I first started with Cross Country, I would call and talk to somebody when I file a claim. But, starting last year, an automated system answers, tells me who to call, and then tells me that I have to call back. I had to go through all of these to speak to an agent. Then, when I get to talk to somebody, he will never follow through. They tell me they are gonna call me back, but nobody ever calls us back. Then when I call back, they make us start over again. If I don't keep calling back, then nothing gets done. One time, somebody put me on hold for 45 minutes. The phone hung up and I still had to call back. The providers that came out though were okay. However, their hands are tied until Cross Country gets back with them.

Also, the deductible keeps going up. When I first went back with Cross Country, it was about $85. Then, it went up to $100 and now, it's $125. I have checked around and it's the highest deductible. I’m not happy with Cross Country at all and my contract is up in October. When they get that payment in October, I'm telling them that I don't want to continue with them. I'm gonna switch to another company that covers more and whose deductible is only $60 a month.

Cross Country Home Services response

Debra - We regret to hear you are considering going to a different warranty provider. Cross Country Home Services aims for easy, efficient, and reputable service companies for our homeowners. We hope you reconsider and continue to be a member with our company. - Austin

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

We got Residential MD Gold 10 years ago when we bought the house and we just kept it. I've got a claim now for a stove but a month ago, I had one for the garage door opener. I submitted it online since it was quicker. Cross Country sent us Sears and they usually leave their window within five hours. So, if they say they would be here at noon, they would usually be here by 5:00. Everything that I’ve asked to be fixed has been fixed. It worked out well and I have suggested to a lot of people to get the home warranty.

Cross Country Home Services response

Michael - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are hear to help for all your warranty needs to provide a peace of mind. Have a great day! - Austin

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Submitting claims with Cross Country has been smooth and I’ve done everything online. I have a user ID, I typed in my address and clicked on what was wrong. Then somebody from the repair company called me and set an appointment. They came to take care of it and it was done. However, there was not a specific time that they told me they could be there. They came anywhere from 8:00 to 5:00 and I work so I had to have somebody at my house all day long.

When my garage door was not working, Cross Country had Sears come out and fix but it was still shaky and I don’t know how long it’s gonna last. All it's gonna do is shake itself to where it doesn’t work again soon. Maybe they’re setting themselves up for work later on. I’ve had three claims in eight years and there hasn’t been anything I’ve called about yet that Cross Country hasn't covered. Moreover, I don’t think I’ve come even close to what I would have spent myself by fixing the stuff equaling my premiums. Cross Country is worth it just for the peace of mind that if something happens, all I gotta do is make a call and it would get handled.

Cross Country Home Services response

Ronald - Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to hear that we’ve been able to provide you with peace of mind for your home management needs. – Mary

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Submitting claims with Cross Country over the phone has been easy. However, my coverage plan is minimally adequate. When I went to file this claim, I didn't have my contract number. I had to get on the Google to search who the contract may have been with and that led to me looking at some of the reviews. The reviews were not positive in terms of people's experiences. I was thinking I might also have a negative experience since things may have changed so I started researching some other home warranty companies. Some of them, for about the same price, had more items in their coverage.

I had a claim for a built-in microwave and they provided some type of assurance, but Cross Country only paid for a counter-top microwave versus a built-in microwave. There's a big difference in cost between the two and I lost the money. I did not accept the claim. They said that it would not go away and that the money would still be there. Also, you can only schedule preventive maintenance once every three months and that complicates things. If you have one service a year and you could schedule them, that would be an added consumer benefit. Like any insurance, Cross Country provides for an added sense of security, knowing that you're mitigating your risks. Overall, my experience with Cross Country has been positive and I'd tell my friends that it's worth considering.

Cross Country Home Services response

Cedric - We appreciate your loyalty! Thanks for sharing your experience and your recommendation! Have a great day! - Morgan

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I am a customer with Sears for 3 years. Upgraded my appliance warranty to a total home warranty plan June 1st. On August 10th Sears said they In the 3 years with Sears with Cross Country, and they would approve my claim for the air to be fixed. On August 13th the service man came out found parts, and went to order them. He said the claim was denied, because of preexisting conditions. There has never been a claim in 3 years on the air unit. I came out said it was dirty, and my husband cleaned it, because this should of been done under the appliance warranty for free.

I called. They said they are reviewing the claim. Paid call dept had escalated to Brian the supervisor at Cross County Home service. I finally received a call from a agent saying they were reviewing it from Cross Country. She was talking to her supervisor. In 15 min she called back and said denied. I just want it fixed. I don't need a new one. Meanwhile you have my 100.00 deduct and I pay monthly for the service. This is not acceptable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cross Country Home Services?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Dear Steve Upshaw, CEO, my family and I have been without A/C since July 13, 2018. I've had made several calls and 4 providers has been assigned. The process has been totally confusing with overcharging of the recall fees and customer services lack of knowledge and understanding of the process. Also, when asked for an escalation I have been told that case management is the highest level of escalations and no other persons or contact information is available. Not to mention, I was expecting a call back from a supervisor since last week and no one has called back yet. I am a very disappointed that your company has failed to resolve what is consider a minor issue. I should not have file a BBB complaint to get the attention required to resolve this matter.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Cross Country bought out my company and majority of the time, the reps don't even know what the process is. They can't tell me how long it takes, from the service call to the technician to the approval of a part, and how long it takes for the approval process to approve a part. Also, they can’t tell me or provide any tracking information for a part that is allegedly in or ordered, and how long or where it is in the shipping process. Also, it takes some additional time to figure out when the part actually arrives at the vendor for the installation date. It's a pretty long process especially when you're talking about an AC in a 104-degree weather, or your refrigerator goes out, and it takes you three weeks to get a part that's on hand at any other repair store.

Prior to the time my old company was taken over, the whole process was done within three days with the two visits. Sometimes, the vendor was approved to put the part in because the vendor had the part. However, when Cross Country took over, I had to sit on the phone for three hours, waiting for somebody to answer the phone while listening to, "Go to myclaim.com for an update". But then, nobody ever updates anything on myclaim.com and the status of my claim remains the same. I still have jobs that were closed several months ago that are still open on MyStatus. The site still says, "awaiting parts," even though the transaction was already closed.

Cross Country Home Services response

Kenneth - Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that our customer service team has provided you with excellent service. We are here to help, and will do whatever we can to ensure you have a positive experience in the future. Thank you! – Austin

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

My interactions with Cross Country's reps have been highly variable, from perfect to abysmal. It all depends whether or not the person you get on the phone is familiar with your case and can handle it properly. The last time I talked to them was in between. It took them eight times to repair the fridge until they decided to offer a replacement. It had gotten so frustrating. They ordered and installed parts, but nothing worked, so now they offered a replacement. It took Cross Country three months to realize that nobody they sent understood the problem.

Finally, the last company they assigned understood what my fridge's problem seemed to be and found that the parts they ordered were no longer available because the device is around 30 years old. Also, except for a little switch that is no longer on the market, the fridge is working fine. Still, Cross Country is working on improving communications a bit. It has gotten a little better because you eventually get feedback, which you never get before.

Also, I cannot do prepaid, so I get a whole new appliance instead. It makes me look stupid, but it works for me. Things have changed over 30 years and the newer refrigerators have different forms. My base would not accommodate the replacement piece they offered, which is an inch too high. They were unwilling or unable to offer one that would fit and offered me a cash payout, which I took. I know it's a difficult business, so I am usually lenient and forgiving unless I speak to people who don’t care.

Cross Country Home Services response

Alf - Thank you for letting us know how we are doing! We are constantly changing process to better our customer experience. We're happy to hear we have delivered. Have a great day! - Austin

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I had a good experience with claims dealing with Cross Country. I called in a few air condition, stove, microwave and a couple other things. They set up a file and they gave me a person who would come and fix it. Within a day or two, a technician was out to fix the problem and the service was good. I used Cross Country because service calls were 150 bucks a shot. I felt that was too much for the area. So, I went with a home warranty company. However, it was less way back because my first service call was $50, then it went up to $100 and I wasn’t too pleased about that. Eventually, I sold the home so I don’t have the plan anymore. Still, I enjoyed having Cross Country's warranty and I recommend it.

Cross Country Home Services response

Martha - Our goal is to provide homeowners like you with reliable service and we are happy to hear we delivered. Thanks! - Austin

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I've been with this company for a few years, and should have saved my money. On one of my calls on a broken appliance they refereed me to a vendor. I called the vendor and they claimed they could not work with Cross Country. I called CCHS back and they found another vendor who took care of the claim. Another time when I filed a claim about a broken toilet, they called a vendor that seemed a bit questionable, the business was not set up to take credit card payment, and appeared to be comprised entirely of an elderly technician who could barely make it up the stairs, and his sweet and helpful granddaughter. The old guy got it fixed, I wrote a check to pay the co-pay, but wondered just who CCHS contracts with. They don't seem to do research, and I worry if these people are actually licensed and bonded, as they enter my home. This appears to be the case with my last claim.

I called on a Friday to report that my gas hot water heater would not stay lit. It had issues before. They gave me a name of a company I cannot find in a phone book, and when I call I get an answering machine asking me to leave a message for a company with a different name than the one I was given. They never call back. I have spent hours on the phone, called CCHS back numerous times each time I'm told 'dispatch' will have to find a vendor. They never find anyone. They never call. I live in a large metropolitan area (Denver area) so I have to wonder why NONE of the vendors here want to work with CCHS, and why CCHS is in effect refusing to honor their contract.

I still have a broken hot water heater six days later and am still getting the run around with CCHS. I spoke to supervisors, to supervisors of supervisors, but always get thrown back to the black hole they claim is dispatch. I would not recommend this company. They cannot be relied on to help when you need it. I'm almost 70 years old, and they don't care one jot that me and my family have no hot water because the unit they purchased to replace my original hot water heater is known to have issues, and is not something anyone who looked at ratings would have chosen. I'm really sorry to say this but this company seems to be getting worse not better, and I am very sorry I ever contracted with them. As their prices go up, their service goes down. Looks like others are having the same issues. Who can't find a plumber in Denver? CCHS - that's who.

Cross Country Home Services response

Jan - We aim for exceptional service, but seems we have let you down on your claim. We complete a thorough review and ensure all of our service companies are licensed and insured. I have located your account and will be following up as soon as we can. Thanks - Austin

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Cross Country was the warranty provided by my mortgage company. Though the options are very limited, it's not difficult to navigate through their website. I've done everything online. Once I've put my work order in, they're fast to call me and let me know that the company that they sent the work order to would contact me. However, my plan is expensive and Cross Country doesn't tell me how I have a $150 for service. Back in the day, it was $50. Also, I never got anything in the mail saying they were increasing it. Still, the contractors that I have got were very professional and the quality of their work has been good. Cross Country makes me comfortable knowing that if something breaks down, I can call or do a work order online and that I have someone reliable who will come and fix whatever issues I have. I would recommend Cross Country to my friends. It would save them money.

Cross Country Home Services response

Jennifer - Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We strive to provide an effortless claim experience for our customers and it’s great to know you were pleased with the service. - Austin

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I had a claim for my air conditioner with TotalProtect and I submitted it online. However, I had some problems. A month before I also had a problem with the air conditioner and at first, the site didn't take the claim because they thought I was talking about the first claim. Then, they sent out the same technician and he was very efficient. He explained what he was doing, what he had to do and why, and what he found. It was a very good experience. One time, I forgot I had the service and I paid for a hot water heater, which I probably wouldn't have had to. Since that time, I’ve been making sure to call if I had anything. The plan has been adequate and I would tell others it's a good idea because it has been a good for me.

Cross Country Home Services response

Debera - We appreciate your loyalty! Thanks for sharing your experience and your recommendation! Thanks - Austin

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

The interactions I've had with the Cross Country reps were great and the reps were fantastic. They handled my situation well, although it took almost a year to get my refrigerator repaired. I had one company that had been coming out here and the tech told me the part that we needed. He told Cross Country and they ordered the part. The part went directly to him, but I never saw him anymore. He never came out to put the part in my refrigerator. Not only that, he never even called and he did not answer the call. He was horrible. He was horrible. I complained about that because Cross Country had paid him for that part, but he used the part on somebody else.

Cross Country called ANZ Appliance. They came out and they told me the same part was needed, but they never came back out anymore. I told Cross Country to send me Sears or somebody. Sears came out and said that they knew exactly what the part was. However, they had to put the part on back order, so it took two weeks to get the part in. The part came in, but they could not get through scheduling straight to send a repairman out to put the part in. They told me one date, but it didn't happen. The part came in about the first of the month and they told me that they couldn't get out here to fix my refrigerator until the end of the month. I said that it was unacceptable and that I was not going for that. When I called them back, they did not even care if I was out of a refrigerator. I had to use other people's refrigerator and they didn't care about trying to get a repairman out here or anything.

So I called Cross Country back and they told me that they would send out whoever I wanted. I told them to send out Texas Express because they already came out about a dishwasher once and they did a fantastic job. They knew exactly what to do and it didn't take them five minutes. The refrigerator was soon working great. However, the experience was horrible. It went from November to August to get my refrigerator repaired and it was simply the worst experience. I was literally crying and the people at Cross Country were talking to me and they kept asking why I can't get someone out there from Sears. Every time I called Sears, I got somebody out of India that I couldn't quite understand.

The overall experience with Cross Country was lousy. If anybody else had gone through this pack of experience, they would have bought me a new refrigerator, but I just kept going around and around. The refrigerator was making horrible noise that you couldn't even sit in the kitchen. Finally, it went out. It didn't say anything and it started defrosting and water went everywhere. They kept trying to find somebody to come out and fix it. They also kept trying to talk to Sears, but Sears kept giving them a runaround on how they order the part. One of the ladies that I got a hold of said that they should have offered somebody else to come back out there to do it. She called Texas Express and the rep asked me if I had dealt with them. I said yes and that they were good people.

They really knew how to come out and fix the repair whatever it was. I could not believe that I went through that experience and it was simply ridiculous. I don't think I'll ever forget it, and neither will my husband. I was at the point of going out and buying me a new refrigerator, and just charging Cross Country, but when I finally got that refrigerator fixed, I was so happy.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I had Residential MD in the past that was purchased by Cross Country Home Services and I renewed my contract with Cross Country when it switched over. I've been paying around $46 a month. It was terrible trying to get to talk to anybody, then trying to get the problem resolved. When I call them, I get a computer. It is very difficult to get to anybody alive. We were without air conditioning for almost three and a half weeks before we finally got it done this past Saturday. I must have called them at least 15 times and I had to call the provider to find out what was going on. The material was shipped to the wrong area. It was shipped to Maryland instead of North Carolina and it was really a terrible situation.

When I first took Residential MD, everything was covered and now, all of a sudden, things aren't being covered anymore. On this air conditioning, I may have to pay $1,300 for the installation of a whole new air conditioning and they want to charge me $350 for electrical work. It was not a great experience and it's enough to make me consider whether or not I wanna stay on with Cross Country.

Cross Country Home Services response

Edward - I'm sorry to hear about this experience.  It’s definitely not the level of service we aim to provide. We appreciate your feedback and will give it to the organization in an effort to improve our customer experiences and on our process and procedures. Sincerely, Austin

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I’ve been fighting to get this dishwasher fixed or replaced. The repairman says he couldn’t find the part but the repair company would not give Cross Country Home Services the information they need to decide whether they’re going to replace the dishwasher or what. We’ve sold the house and will go to closing on the 31st so we gotta get this resolved. We've been with Cross Country Home for eight years and I've never had any problems until this. Also, whenever I call Cross Country and the recorded thing says I have an open repair on something that was repaired over a year ago, that bothers me. So I have to keep telling them they need to shut that down because it’s been repaired. Other than that, everything’s been good. I've recommended them to quite a few people.

Cross Country Home Services response

Gene - We strive to provide an effortless claim experience for our customers and it’s great to know that overall, you were pleased with our service. Have a great day! - Austin

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

Cross Country sent me something in the mail about their warranty and I tried them out. Their customer service was very nice. I call them when I submit a claim and they are able to get someone out as soon as possible. It's been a pleasure and I enjoy their service. I'm working with them and they're working with me.

Cross Country Home Services response

Lois - This is the type of service we enjoy hearing about! Thank you for leaving us this review to share your experiences. - Austin

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I decided to go with Cross Country based on the price of what they would charge for service. I had customer service but they ain’t worth anything. The only time I had a claim out of the four years that I’ve been with them was when my air conditioner went out. The techs came out but they left their own part and they would insist about giving me some air, and I didn’t like that. The service took months and months, so I just bought my own air conditioner. I am very dissatisfied.

Cross Country Home Services response

William - I regret to hear about the service that you have received. I can assure you this is not the level of service that we intend to provide our customers with. Should you need any further assistance, please respond back and my team will give you a direct call. Thanks - Austin

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Years ago, we had a home warranty on the home that we bought. Then my husband decided to get a warranty from Cross Country Home Services. I've had to talk to the reps on several occasions and most of the time they’ve been very nice. We’ve had a couple of times, though, when we tried to find out what was going on with something and they weren’t very helpful, but that’s true of any company and you’re gonna have some good times and some bad. Submitting a claim with Cross Country has worked out pretty well. But there have been times when they didn't have any contractor available and instead of letting me know that, they just put me on hold until I called them back and asked what the problem was, and then they told me what company to call. Nevertheless, we would recommend Cross Country. We’re part of a group on Facebook and a lot of the different warranty companies are out there, and people talk about their experiences.

Cross Country Home Services response

Sandy - Thank you for sharing your warranty experience. Providing efficient repairs and excellent customer service is our primary goal as your warranty company. Thank you for being such a loyal customer! Sincerely, Austin

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I have been with Cross Country Home Services for 14 years and Cross Country has gotten much better in the last three years. Their customer service people are much more responsive and they seem to be more timely in their response. I am pleased and I have recommended them. I had an issue with a dishwasher and the contractors had to come twice. They said it was a timer, ordered a timer, came back in a week, put that in, but it didn’t solve the problem, so I had to call them back and they came back out a week later. They couldn’t get to me right away and determined that it was the motor in the pump. They had to put in a whole new motor and pump unit. It took two weeks to get that. They said they had to order it right away and I called about a week later and they said I had to call Cross Country to see where the parts were.

I called and determined that the parts had to come in and had been shipped, so then they said they could get to me the following week. It came and they replaced everything and it’s now working fine. This was a local plumber and it’s a father and son. His son is the one who came out each time and he was a fine, young man and very apologetic if he made a mistake. The father was a bit of a wise Alec on the phone, but the young man did the right things and got the job done.

Cross Country Home Services response

Donald - We are thrilled to hear that you’ve had an awesome warranty experience. Providing efficient repairs and excellent customer service is our primary goal as your warranty company. Thank you for your loyalty, and thanks for sharing! - Austin

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I opened a claim on microwave & was scheduled for 7/21/18. I have had 2 different companies come out. It is a GE Appliance. 1st company told CCHS it was a BOSCH not a GE, so he couldn't work on it? Tech told me he was going out to his car to speak with CCHS, but never came back inside, just left. It took another week to find out they wanted to send another company out because they CCHS never contacted me to tell me to expect a call from another company. New company called and said he was coming to look at my microwave, but I told him a tech had been here already.

8/5/18 I was told Microwave is completely dead, so I need a replacement. CCHS is only offering me $300, but when I called GE to find out closest replacement to what broke, there's a $1600 difference in the cost offered to replace mine. I have tried to reason with them by email, as I have been waiting since 7/26 for a manager to return my call. They say they offer a appliance company that you can buy directly from with discounts, but it's not offered unless you know or ask for it, when replacing an appliance? I sent an email stating do not debit my payment, I am cancelling my warranty with CCHS, after several attempts to get proper restitution. Today is 8/18/18.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

My mortgage company on a rental property sent me an ad of Cross Country. I looked at it and it was an hour after I talked to a friend that had a good experience with it, so I looked into it and went with it. It was easy because it was added to our mortgage payment. I got a chance to use it and I’d been very happy. They do what they say they’re gonna do and I have not had a problem with it. The vendors that have come out are vendors I would never have chosen but I have used them again for stuff that’s not covered.

The biggest problem I had was I had my refrigerator. They came out and worked on it four times and the guy just said there was not much they could do with it. They said to me, “This is what we’re gonna replace your refrigerator with” which was head and shoulders above what I had. However, I hadn’t realized that it wouldn't fit through the openings to get it into my kitchen. It was a $1,700 refrigerator and he said they could give me a credit but the credit was $1,100 instead of $1,700. I was a little bit unhappy about that, but I went out and found my own and the one I found was head and shoulders above what I had and fit in the space. They paid for it and sent me a check for the total amount. When my air conditioning started blowing warm, I was not worried that it’s gonna be a $4,000 repair or whether it’s gonna be an $80 trip out to replace Freon.

Cross Country is exactly as advertised. They don’t give you much bells and whistles. They don’t promise you a bunch of stuff and not deliver, but they give you exactly what they say they’re gonna give you. They’re not gonna pay double time for somebody to come out on weekends, but I don’t have a downside on it. It does away with that worry about a $10,000 or $5,000 expense.

Cross Country Home Services response

Jack - I'm thrilled to hear of your awesome warranty experience! Our goal is to provide fast and efficient service, and I'm glad to hear we delivered. Thanks for sharing! - Austin

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Cross Country is the only warranty I have and I'm not looking forward to choosing any other. I'm satisfied with what I have. Whenever I call the reps, they get directly to the problem that I have and help me get it solved. They service my outdoor air conditioning, though I'd also like the window air conditioning to be serviced if they can. Nevertheless, their service is good.

Cross Country Home Services response

Sandra - We are delighted to hear that we’ve been able to satisfy your home warranty needs and appreciate your feedback. Our ultimate goal is to provide an effortless claim experience and make managing home repairs easy. Thank you for being a truly valued customer! Sincerely, Austin

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I have been with Cross Country Home Services for over 4 years, I haven't had any issues until my On Demand Tankless water heater lost power and lost water and hot water. I called to make a claim, I was told that in one of the largest cities in America (JACKSONVILLE FLORIDA) Cross Country didn't have any Electricians available to refer me. They said it would be sent to procurement which could take up to 72 hours to locate a vendor and then there are still no guarantees, I said I called 5 Electricians who could be out in 4-6 hours. They said if I contracted or ordered service with a service provider myself I would have to pay for it out of pocket. I said, "So what about the customer and their 4 kids with no water or hot water for 5 days?" They said sorry. CAVEAT EMPTOR!! (Buyer Beware.)

What is wrong with this company or any company that electricians aren't contracted with to work?? And what kind of policy puts the burden on the homeowner to sit around and wait for however long the company decides? I called Best Home warranty and they said I could use whomever I wanted, and they guarantee someone out to your house in 6 hours or less. WOW!! Unfortunately there is a 30 day waiting period for new claims. When a company starts putting their money before the service or customer it's time to move on. I had my request upgraded to an Emergency and the policy is the same. I dumped Cross Country and paid an electrician out of my pocket so my family could have water. If you're shopping for a warranty please ask their any company what their policy is if they can't find or provide you with a vendor in 24 hours. For some Reason Electricians don't want to work for Cross Country.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Cross Country is not a good company when it come to repairing a large job within your home, they sent me an contractor to repair my A/C unit. The contractor recommend to replace the A/C unit but Cross Country will not approve the repair. Instead they prolong the repair by saying it is in research status for the last 11 days when me and my family live in Texas where the temp is over 100 degrees every day but instead of approving the repairs so my 73 year old mother and my 8 week old grand baby can cool off.

My repair is still in research status for 11 days but they been collecting my money for the last 4 years with no problem but when I have a problem it in research status but get this. No one can talk to research department to see about how long it will be before they make a decision on how long before my A/C unit will get repaired. I will never recommend Cross Country to anybody that want their repairs done in a timely matter. Lord knows they are not concern about who is affected and has to deal with this heat.

Cross Country Home Services response

Wilbur - I know it can be difficult to bear heat in such high temperatures. We take critical situations very seriously, and I regret to hear this has been your experience. I reviewed your claim to see what is causing the delay. Our records indicate your claim has been finalized and we are currently awaiting your decision on how you would like to proceed with your claim. If you have any questions, or need further assistance, please let me know and I will follow up with you personally. Sincerely, Angela

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I have been with Cross Country Home Services since I bought the house 12 years ago. However, I use their services only for bigger things. Smaller appliances like washer-dryers take forever to get service. They have different people they call out. While my interaction with the customer service has been very good, I had problems this year with my air conditioning and I wasn't happy with the service.

As the technicians came, they said the problem is the house isn't cooling up. Surely after that, my air conditioning fan caught fire and it is still wasn't cooling off the house. After another service call, they came back and asked if it is something different. I told them it's still the same problem. They never fixed it the first time. I then told them to call customer service which they did and told me that everything is covered for a certain period of time. I was very happy with that. In closing, I had a very good experience with Cross Country, especially with the air conditioning. They got right on it.

Cross Country Home Services response

William - Thank you for taking the time to share. We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. We are working daily to improve all processes, and ensure our customer's receive the full benefit of their warranty. Thank you for being a loyal customer! Sincerely, Austin

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I've been with Cross Country Home Services for five years and I've never had a bad experience. They’ve been out here a few times for different reasons and everything always seems to have been pretty good. However, when I submitted my most recent claim, I wasn’t really impressed because I wasn’t able to talk to a human and I didn’t really like that, but it still turned out pretty well. The technicians also have been really good. I have recommended Cross Country Home to quite a few people.

Cross Country Home Services response

Kevin - Thank you for taking the time to share your warranty experience. We aim for exceptional service and are glad to hear we delivered. We also appreciate your recommending our warranty company. Have a great day! - Austin

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I call Cross Country to submit a claim and they are good and quick in getting someone to resolve the issue. The people that Cross Country uses are not real great, but Cross Country is.

Cross Country Home Services response

Ronald -We appreciate you taking the time to share your warranty experience. We do our best to provide quick and reliable service and we thank you for being a loyal customer. We are sorry to hear that your experience with our service providers was less than satisfactory. I'm sorry to hear about this experience. - Austin

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I have a Long & Foster Home Warranty that is handled by Cross Country Home Services. It has been a nightmare dealing with them. I submitted a claim and after the HVAC technician came to my home, I made multiple phone calls to determine the status of my claim. After four days, I received a text message at 10:20 pm from the HVAC company indicating my claim was denied. What kind of business notifies a customer by text message? I have asked repeatedly for the documentation related to my claim and have received nothing that details my claim and why it was denied. Stetson ** and Brandon ** are completely inept. This company has questionable business practices.

Cross Country Home Services response

Lynette - I am sorry to hear your claim experience is not what you expected it to be. As with all warranties, coverage is very detailed in the Agreement and there are items/conditions that may not be covered. A member of my team will investigate your claim and call you directly to clarify the details of the report, and ensure you are receiving the full benefit of your warranty agreement. Sincerely, Angela

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I've had Cross Country for the longest time and my experience with them has been great. The warranty covers everything in my house. I like the service their contractors have provided me. Cross Country is also accessible online. I just go in and plug in my issues and within 24 hours, they return my call or email, and give me my numbers. The only issue I've had with them is that some of their subcontractors are not reliable. Other than that, they work fine because they have so many subcontractors that I can try to contact. I will recommend them to others.

Cross Country Home Services response

Clyde - I'm delighted to hear of your awesome experience with our service technicians, our goal is to provide service in a timely efficient manner. We hope to continue to have you as our valued customer for years to come. - Morgan

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

As of now, I have Cross Country Home Services. I’ve had them for several years and in the beginning I was very happy with them. But I've become very disenchanted with them in the last year. It has become difficult to communicate with them with the contract that we’ve had with them recently. It has been very difficult to contact them and speak to someone, particularly if there was a problem, and if something needed to be changed it was almost impossible to get someone. They've put me through, but I always got robo-calls where I had to hit this and that, and it has only been within the last several months that the communication went that way. So, I’m very unhappy with them at the present time and I’m contemplating making a change.

Another thing was that, although I don’t have any problem with what my current plan is supposed to cover, I had an issue with them before which I lost on. I was having a problem with a microwave-oven combination, but they claimed that the problem with my microwave was not a mechanical problem and they didn’t reimburse me, so I had to buy a new oven on my own for $2500.

Cross Country Home Services expert review by Michele Lerner

In business since 1994, Cross Country Home Services offers home warranty, repair and maintenance services nationwide to over 75 million customers. The company also offers broker services to real estate offices.

• TotalProtect home warranty: Cross Country Home Services works with TotalProtect to provide multiple service plans and pricing options for your home.

• Covered appliances: TotalProtect’s home warranty packages cover items like your air conditioner, dishwasher, refrigerator, washing machine, dryer and oven.

• Workmanship guarantee: After any repairs are done on your home, those repairs are guaranteed for 180 days.

• Extensive service network: Cross Country Home Services has a network of over 40,000 service providers and continues to partner with new providers. If you’re a provider, you can join their network through Cross Country’s website.

• Best for: homeowners who want to protect their home appliances from failure.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Cross Country Home Services Company Information