4.18/5
Based on 83 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

When it comes to home repairs, thousands of homeowners rely on Cross Country Home Services whenever their appliances or systems breakdown. From air conditioners, washers and dryers to dishwashers, refrigerators and ovens, Cross Country Home Services will take care of the problem you are facing. With a variety of plans available, CCHS allows you to select the coverage that best fits your needs. Contact us today to learn more about our services and plans available!

Read More Read More
Last updated: April 26, 2018

83 Cross Country Home Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 26, 2018

I like having Cross Country around if I need them and I've been with them for eight years now. The coverage is okay, but I would love to see the warranty cover home appliances besides just the washer and dryer.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I have been with Cross Country Home Services for at least four years now and I'm okay with the coverage plan that I have. Submitting claims over the phone has been carefree and easy.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Cross Country is a good program especially for people who are getting up in age to have one steady place to contact for services. But I've been with them for about three years now and what I pay has gone from 85 to 125. Some of the sub-contractors could be better too. I had one bad experience with one sub-contractor and I asked them not to send that one back to me for repair. But other than that, the coverage is okay. I give them a call to submit claims and that has been going well.

Original review: April 23, 2018

The Cross Country Home Services reps were terrible. When my mainline waste was stopped up, I called on April 1st to see if this is covered in my policy. I was placed on hold, came back, and the answer was yes. Up to 100 feet, less 125 was what the representative was saying. Two days later, a representative from Advanced Appliances came. He barely got to the door and right away, said that it is not covered with my home warranty, that he had been to this before and that was what happened. I was not believing that because I was told that it is covered. I made the phone call to Cross Country and the person I spoke to said he doesn’t know why they said it and that it is covered. Then he said he would let his boss call and the boss said that it isn't covered. So it was a bunch of back and forth with this one guy.

I spoke with someone else again to ask why it isn't covered. One representative was just as angry as she could have been and said, “Well, we do go over the policy with our customers and it’s up to the customer to know their policy as well.” I told her I understood that and if I was at fault, I would truly accept that, but I called because I did not have my policy on hand. And she said she’d let me speak to her supervisor. They both went through the policy and pretty much told me the same thing.

It was my responsibility. I should have known better because I paid this $100 deductible to the guy for them to say, “Sorry, we won’t take care of it”. So then, she suggested she can email me a copy of the policy. I waited five days and called back because I hadn’t received the email. I spoke with someone else and she said she was sorry that someone told me that because they won’t email it to me and that this was a contract between two and it needed to go to the mail because that was a contract. Then I received it recently through the mail. It’s a new booklet stating that I have this new policy that starts May 3rd.

In another claim, the heating and air system went down and I was told all would be covered fine. Then there were major issues where it ended to be replaced. The person that I spoke with said it was going to be $4000 out of pocket and they said something about cashing out, me taking what they can give me out, closing the contract and working it out either way I choose. I told them to just send me some information through the mail or email so I could see if this is something I would want to choose or not.

Days went by and I hadn’t received any information. I called back to follow-up, and the person I spoke with said that my account was closed. I told them it had not been, for them to double check and if they had recorded conversations, they will see I did not request for my account to be closed. That was a bit of a disappointment because over a month had gone by when my heating system wasn’t working. So, I’ve had two unhappy experiences with them overall.

If you take this policy with Cross Country, be careful and ask as many questions you possibly can. Take names and numbers because you just need a backup. You need some point of reference when you put these claims in. I liked American Home Shield better. It’s just that when the mortgage was sold, Cross Country was introduced to me and it was a little bit cheaper. But overall, I’m not really happy with them. And I’m still debating whether I'm going to stay with them or go back to American Home Shield.

Original review: April 22, 2018

I have a service contract with Cross Country Home Services. On that contract, it states "Garage Door Opener." I called and stated the motion sensors were not working and they scheduled a technician to come out. After coming out, the technician said it wasn't covered and charged me $249. I called Cross Country Home Services and they said it wasn't covered. After going back and forth, they refused to refund me up to my deductible and state it is my obligation to get the money back from the technician that they sent. The motion sensors are part of the garage door opener, come in the box when purchasing the opener, and the garage door opener will not work without them. At no point in time was I told they were not covered, neither in my contract nor on the phone when scheduling.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cross Country Home Services?

Original review: April 22, 2018

A long time ago with the water heater, the technician who came was arrogant and hard to deal with. But he did the job. And I've been very satisfied with the work that the technicians do.

Original review: April 21, 2018

Cross Country is much better than my previous home warranty provider. I left my old provider and went to Cross Country because with things that I was supposed to be covered for, when I called about it, they didn’t cover me. It’s been a much more pleasant experience with Cross Country and they always get someone out very quickly. I’ve already referred a couple of people to them. Also, when I submit claims over the phone, it's not long to get through to somebody and the representatives were very professional. So far, everyone that has come out has been great. The only thing about the insurance is that they raised the amount this year to $100 and I still don’t understand that.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I file my claims over the phone and my interactions with the Cross Country reps go very well. The contractors that they send out are very good and I’m very satisfied with them. But one bug I have with Cross Country is that they will not replace anything unless something goes wrong. I’ve been living in my condo for almost 20 years and I’ve had the same water heater and furnace. At any time, these products can go bad and I’ve been told by even the maintenance people that come to look at it that my furnace and water heater are so old and that I could have a failure in my system at any time. At some point, they should know that these systems are gonna fail and a replacement is better than waiting for an accident to happen.

The last time I got my furnace checked, the guy said it wasn’t even efficient anymore because the system that I put in there 20 years ago is not as efficient as if I had a new one. I was also having problems with my washing machine and it kept breaking. Cross Country kept sending someone in until it got to the point where the last guy said that it needed to be replaced. I finally got a new machine, but I had to go through at least three or four people to repair it before it got replaced and that was quite annoying.

Nonetheless, my overall experience has been very good. If someone doesn’t have the skills to make his or her own home repairs, I highly recommend warranty companies and I would mention Cross Country Home Services because there are so many of them out there. And I would especially mention it to a female that’s single, living alone and doesn’t have the right tools to fix things. I like the fact that the price hasn’t really gone up, and that’s another plus for Cross Country. The price has been decent and it pays for itself because I got the washing machine replaced. But when my systems get old, I would appreciate a look-through that an appliance may be fine because anything 20 years old is definitely not the latest technology.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I had Residential MD, and since Cross Country took over, it’s been a great experience. The few times I’d ever used them before Cross Country took over, it was nothing but a nightmare. The majority of contractors have been great. There's a father-son plumbing team that I do not care for, and I made that known and Cross Country was able to find me somebody else. I’m very happy with them. One time, I was gonna drop the previous company and try another one, but Cross Country has been doing a great job. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Cross Country is very good compared to my previous company. They cover everything in the house. The coverage plan went up, but my washing machine went out one time and they replaced it so that was excellent. The reps were able to meet my needs and they dispatched me to a repair person right away.

Cross Country Home Services response

Stephanie - We appreciate you taking the time to share your warranty experience. We do our best to provide quick and reliable service and we thank you for being a loyal customer. Thank you! – Austin

Original review: April 17, 2018

We are more than disappointed with this company. We have paid for money years and never used it, and when we needed a repair, they left us waiting for days and days without providing the service that we paid for.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Working with the people at Cross Country has always been great. They’ve been friendly and they make sure they understand what I’m trying to say. They’ve always been courteous even all the way to the management. I’ve been with Cross Country for about five years now and I’ve always been satisfied with everybody that they sent until this last episode. I had a little problem with the schedule. During that time, here in North Carolina, we were having a rather bad weather. It's been snowy and we had lots of rain and cold temperatures. I talked to the service provider and he was going to schedule the service for another week, but then he changed his mind. He asked if he could bring his son with him, as he has done it with other places, and I said no. Besides, he lives almost two hours away from me, and I didn’t want to be responsible for the child in my home.

Also, I didn’t care for his attitude. It’s like he knew what he was doing and he didn’t care what we were trying to say. There was no professionalism. I have been a store manager and in sales for 20 something years and I know how that if you want repeat business, you treat customers like a king and a queen no matter how you feel. So, the contractor found out that a part of the ceiling fan was wobbly and he tightened up a few screws. Still a little wobbly, but it could be originally the house as it was here when we moved in almost 12 years ago. I tried to contact Cross Country to have some questions answered but I wasn't able to. My husband went into the living room and the contractor had the gall to light up an e-cigarette in my home. I have breathing problems and asthma and I have two air purifiers in my home and filters on my AC. I learned about this incident later on that evening and I immediately called Cross Country.

And so, the contractor politely stopped smoking and put the e-cigarette in his pocket and determined how much the service call was going to cost. I didn’t think I would have to pay anything but the $100 copay, but it turned out that I had to pay part of the labor. So, I had to pay $137.50 for a few screws that needed to be tightened up. I could have gotten a neighbor as my husband can’t do it because he’s had a stroke. The contractor left and I was finally able to use my fan and because of the breathing problems, I kept the fan going to keep the air moving so I could breathe. And then I had the dickens of a time trying to get him to deposit the check. He wanted payment at the time when he was done with his job. A week went by and I called him to ask about depositing the check as I noticed it hasn’t come through my bank yet. And then last Monday I called him again. He said he would deposit it on that day.

In the meantime, I talked with Camille in Case Management with Cross Country and apparently she sent him an email and somebody is contacting regional coordination. I came down to the point that if I don’t see the check in my bank as deposited or cashed by Friday, I’ll stop payment on the check. And since that would make the check dead the contractor said he would press charges. This is the only service provider that I’ve had a problem with. The check finally came through last Thursday and I’m glad it’s out of my hair. But if Cross Country offers to have him to come back out again, I would say, “Absolutely not”. I had a gut feeling and I should have gone with it, but I didn’t. That contractor is not a good candidate for repeat business.

There were two contractors that came from Saint Pierre, and they worked on my kitchen sink and in my shower. They were great, and the check was in within a week. The service provider that Cross Country used last year put in and installed a whole brand new AC and furnace. And then a week later, I had to put in a new water heater. I’m still paying for the AC and the furnace and I’ll be working on that for 2 years.

Cross Country Home Services response

Mary - Thank you for sharing your warranty experience. Providing efficient repairs and excellent customer service is our primary goal as your warranty company. Thank you for being such a loyal customer! I am sorry to hear however that your latest experience with our technician was less than expected. Sincerely, Austin

Original review: April 16, 2018

I had to do a lot of phone work with my former home warranty company and I wasn’t too happy about that. The only reason why I changed to Cross Country Home Services was because of the preventive services. The interaction I’ve had with their customer service at Cross Country was horrible because I had to make phone calls and I had to follow up. Two people gave me the wrong information. After I made about a thousand phone calls and stay on the phone, I finally got somebody that knew what they were talking about and pointed me into the right direction which told me that I shouldn’t have to go through all of that.

The first claim was okay and they fixed my water heater in one day. But the second time, when I went for the preventive service, it was horrible. When I call somebody and they don’t know the answer, they should try to find out and not give me the wrong information. Instead, they told me that I would do a recall and so I asked why I would do a recall when they haven’t done anything yet. They did the preventive maintenance and then something was wrong. I had to go through all of this stuff to get it resolved and it was the worst experience ever. The lady told me they had to break my wall and somebody told me I was covered. Then when I called to find out, I wasn’t covered.

The person that I talked to said that I can’t speak to a supervisor after I asked if I can speak to one. I asked why I can’t speak to a supervisor if she can’t give me the answer that I need, so she said somebody would call me back. However, I’m still waiting for somebody to call me back. Everything is done now but I shouldn’t have to spend four to five hours on hold on the phone in a matter of two weeks.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Cross Country's rating was pretty high when I went on the internet and did some research. I have a home that's been on in for at least five or six years and then, I put my rental home for about three years now and their customer service has been awesome. They've been really good. I'm impressed with the speed in which they get people out there to fix the issues that I have. Plus, with my plan, I get four inspections a year on different things, and they set them up and they go to it. I'm now less worried. Last fall, my heating unit went out and I paid up the hundred-dollar deductible, which there’s always some extra charges. The whole unit just cost me $700 to have it installed. I got a brand new unit. It's a $5,000 or $6,000 unit coming from the heating and cooling people. It would be nice if they could cover septic tanks.

Cross Country Home Services response

Ralph - We appreciate you sharing your experience and strive to make managing home repairs easy. We are happy to hear that our customer service team has provided you with excellent service. We are sorry to hear that your interaction with one of our service providers was less than satisfactory. Thank you for your feedback! Sincerely, Austin

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 14, 2018

I called to arrange to have a service technician come to repair my stove on April 3rd, (I live in a remote area) and the representative scheduled an appointment for the next day, the technician was 4 hours away and would not come out here. I called that day and told them that they needed to get someone out of Las Vegas, NV. To this day (4/13/2018) they still have not scheduled someone and keep saying that they are working on it and that I am a "valued" customer. If this is how they deal with valued customers I would hate to see how they deal with unvalued customers.

I only own one stove and have bought my appliances from Sears, I am now rethinking that loyalty. I have had Sears Home Warranty for several years and have been very happy with them, but since they changed to using Cross Country I have gotten nothing but the runaround and "I'm sorry for the delay or we are working on it, or I understand your frustration". Nothing but canned responses and no action. Very angry.

Original review: April 14, 2018

We’ve been with Cross Country Home Services for a while now. Our coverage takes care of my lights, air conditioner, dishwasher, and refrigerator. Dealing with their customer service team has been good and the people they've sent out have a nice attitude. They would ask what needs to be done, do it then double-check. They would also let me know what they have done and I like that. I also like that if someone has to come back, I'd get the same people who came before.

Cross Country Home Services response

Georgie - We appreciate you taking the time to share your warranty experience. We do our best to provide quick and reliable service and we thank you for being a loyal customer. We are delighted to hear that we’ve been able to satisfy your home warranty needs. Thank you for being a loyal customer! Sincerely, Austin

Original review: April 8, 2018

I’ve had Cross Country Home Services for many years. I've talked to their customer service representatives on three different occasions. I've had a problem twice and they fixed it right away. Then the customer service manager contacted me. She was very helpful and grateful that I told her some of the issues that we have had. We were told to go online, but that never worked because I wasn’t asking for an appointment for a repair. I was just asking for the maintenance service and that was very hard.

Moreover, I had wanted to keep the same person that came every year to check my furnace, but they told me that they didn’t have his name. I didn’t agree with that so I called Tim to see if he was no longer doing the furnace business. He was but he hasn’t been called much. I called Cross Country Home back and said I wanted him, but they said it was too late. They couldn’t change my appointment. I got quite upset about it so they finally put me to customer service, who was able to find him on the list.

There was a time when I called to have a maintenance thing and they gave me a date and time. Then they said they couldn’t come out on that date and time. They had no idea where they got that information and it was all jumbled. Apparently, they were moving towards a new way of doing things and apparently it is getting better.

Also, I'd have liked some additional things covered. I have an Aprilaire home humidifier that’s on the furnace, but it isn’t covered with the furnace. In addition, the outdoor outlets are not covered and I thought it should be included with the electrical. They said anything outside of the main house is not covered. Cross Country Home has raised their prices quite a bit since we started and a lot of people think they're too expensive. Other people have other services that cost very little, but they don’t get the benefits I do either. So still, I would recommend Cross Country.

Cross Country Home Services response

Betty - Our goal is to provide homeowners like you with reliable service and we are happy to hear we delivered. Our ultimate goal is to provide an effortless claim experience and make managing home repairs easy. Thank you for being a truly valued customer! Sincerely, Austin

Original review: April 6, 2018

We've been with Cross Country for quite a few years now. When we submit a claim, they get back to us quickly and send someone out. However, their price has gone up. It was $85 before and now it's a $100. It's a bit pricey.

Cross Country Home Services response

Dee - We are delighted to hear that we’ve been able to satisfy your home warranty needs and appreciate your feedback. Our ultimate goal is to provide an effortless claim experience and make managing home repairs easy. I am sorry to hear that your rate did go up, but we do strive to ensure all your home repairs are effortless. Sincerely, Austin

Original review: April 5, 2018 I had packets from different home warranty companies and just looking at the packet, Cross Country seemed like the best deal for me for the price and what they covered. I had an issue with my air conditioner a couple of months ago and claim submission was very easy. They also had somebody out here in just a couple of days. I didn’t know if the warranty program was any good or not, but it turned out to be exactly like they advertised. I paid the technician $80 when he got here. I fully expected that there’d be some other charges that would pop up that wasn’t covered but there weren’t. He fixed my unit for the $80 and I was very pleased.

Having a warranty with Cross Country is certainly a peace of mind that I don’t have to worry about a major expense at one point. Though I may never use it again, I don’t mind what I pay for. It's all good and I’m very pleased with the service.

Cross Country Home Services response

James - Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We strive to provide an effortless claim experience for our customers and it’s great to know you were pleased with the service. Thank you! - Austin

Original review: April 4, 2018

Having Cross Country is a little bit of assurance knowing that we might not have to put out a whole lot of money. I had called in two repairs for a sink leaking and for a toilet and the guy came and said, “I’m here to fix the toilet.” He knew nothing about the sink, but we didn’t bother with it. We just twisted something and we got it fixed. It wasn't a big deal.

Cross Country Home Services response

Nancy - Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We strive to provide an effortless claim experience for our customers and it’s great to know you were pleased with the service. - Austin

Original review: March 31, 2018

I was offered Cross Country Home Services through my mortgage company and I completed the application on the computer. I like their online application and I like it better than having to call someone and not getting anyone and be confronted with the automated services which I hate. Also, I had an excellent experience submitting a claim. I did it online and got an immediate response. The provider showed up when he said he would. They showed up within 48 hours, but it took three visits to correct the problem as they had to order pieces. I like the coverage plan that I currently have. It works for me and my family. I've been with Cross Country for four years and I’m satisfied with having their services. The home warranty is very valuable to us for the items that are covered. I have referred family and they’ve all subscribed to Cross Country.

Cross Country Home Services response

Avone - Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We strive to provide an effortless claim experience for our customers and it’s great to know you were pleased with the service.- Tanya

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 18, 2018

They use servicemen are incompetent and fail to repair. After months of requests for my air condition problem they failed to fix the problem which caused me damages in excess of $50000 as a result of water coming out of the unit in our ceiling! They claim they are Sears warranty and when a claim is filed they don’t want to claim responsibility and pass it on to others. STAY AWAY. BEWARE YOU ARE THROWING AWAY MONEY with these people. Sign up with American Home Shield - top in the business - hassle free, professional and competent!

Original review: March 15, 2018

I have a claim from back in December where Cross Country hired a company to come out and fix my dishwasher on December 29. But they didn't do the repairs properly and the dishwasher continued to leak for 10 weeks. I didn’t know it was leaking and it caused damage to my under counter cabinets next to the dishwasher and I had a mold issue. But we could not get a hold of the provider that came originally. After many attempts, Cross Country had to call another company to come out and do more repairs in March.

I paid $125 for every time they came out plus $76 a month to have the service which is not doing good. On top of that, the damage cost me $3,000 and a month of not using my dishwasher. Then I'm still waiting for parts to come in which should have been done back in December. I’m very upset. It's also concerning me because they're washing their hands and telling me they’re not responsible for the resulting damage. But the people who said they would repair it to begin with didn't repair what was really wrong. They also said that they're licensed and bonded, but they can't show me that information where I can make a claim.

I've also asked to speak with the manager on two separate occasions but the Cross Country agents said they were not available. I asked for a callback and they said somebody would call me within 24 to 48 hours but up to now, I haven't received anything. That is concerning because the persons I talked with have no authority. I’ve called them 10 times for the last three and a half months, and all I want is a callback.

Original review: March 12, 2018

We have used Cross Country for a while and their customer service has been good. When I file a claim, I call and explain the situation then they give me a claim number. Now they’ve changed a lot. They leave it up to the customer to contact different companies. It used to be that they would contact them for me and I think that’s why it takes so much longer. A lot of times now, they would find the company and they’d let me know and I'd contact the company.

There were times that Cross Country took a long time to get back with me and it took some time to get everything situated and get something going like with plumbing and electrical claims or even to get a phone call back to let me know that they found someone. In our area, there are a lot of different companies that do not like to deal with these home warranty places so they have to go outside the area. But my husband and I wish there’d be more companies in our area that participated with the warranty because sometimes I have to go two hours to find someone and that takes several days to get them here. We had some plumbing issues back in the fall and there was back and forth it took them at least three weeks to get everything. It was bad. I was without a kitchen faucet for almost a month. But I'm fortunate to have a sink in my laundry room and I was able to use that.

Also, there are some things that we wish they could add but Cross Country doesn't cover. We had some attic fans that they don’t cover and it would be nice if they do because ours is no longer working. Other than that, we're satisfied with our plan coverage. The deductible has increased a couple of times since we've had it but we have had a good experience with it. There had been times that we used them and they were really a lifesaver because we've had some problems that could have been really expensive out of our pocket. That was helpful.

Cross Country Home Services response

Pamela - Thank you for taking the time to share. We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. We are working daily to improve all processes, and ensure our customer's receive the full benefit of their warranty. Thank you for being a loyal customer! Sincerely, Stephanie

Original review: March 7, 2018

The coverage plan I currently have from Cross Country is great. Whenever I submit a claim I usually make a phone call with the number that I’m given in my booklet with my account number. Their customer service was very nice. They found out what my problem was and helped me get it fixed.

Cross Country Home Services response

Phyllis - Our goal is to provide homeowners like you with reliable service and we are happy to hear we delivered. Thanks! - Stephanie

Original review: March 3, 2018

I have coverage for pretty much everything with Cross Country Home Services. Their deductible has gone up and that's a little issue for me but that's okay. I was content with my plan and I just added some appliances and our toilet to it. I call them when submitting my claim and their representatives respond very well. They were very professional.

Cross Country Home Services response

Mary - Our goal is to provide homeowners like you with reliable service and we are happy to hear we delivered. Thank you for being a loyal customer! Thanks! - Stephanie

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

We've been with Cross Country for a couple of years now. Their customer service reps have all been wonderful, prompt and nice. Bob has made a call to Cross Country and then they called us and gave him a name and referral number. Then, we called the repair people three times and they've all been great. In our coverage plan, we have a deductible and everything was taken care of. When we had to get a new furnace last year, the furnace was covered but then they were adjustments that they had to make. We had to pay extra since our base was different. Also, our monthly payment has gone up once from the original that we had. We started out at $75, then $85 and right now, it's at $100, but that's still very acceptable.

It's great having a home warranty service. The latest call we had was for a part of our dryer timer. Bobby said that he could fix it himself since our deductible has gone up. But when he looked online for the part needed, the payment for the deductible was still less than the payment for the part. Cross Country's plan is very good and I would recommend them to other people.

Cross Country Home Services response
Ruth - Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that our customer service team has provided you with excellent service. We are delighted to hear that we’ve been able to satisfy your home warranty needs. Thank you for being a loyal customer!

Sincerely, Stephanie

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Cross Country Home Services was the only company that ever contacted me. Submitting a claim to them is fairly easy except when trying to call through and nobody would answer the phone. So, I end up submitting online. One time when my washer went bad, they couldn't fix it because it was outdated. They got me a new washer. They fixed my air conditioner last year because it wouldn't come on. They also came out and fixed my refrigerator. My coverage plan is good and it covers basically everything. I'm glad that I've got it and everybody else ought to get it. It's a good program.

Cross Country Home Services response

Nancy - We are delighted to hear that we’ve been able to satisfy your home warranty needs and appreciate your feedback. Our ultimate goal is to provide an effortless claim experience and make managing home repairs easy. Thank you for being a truly valued customer! Sincerely, Stephanie

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

The staff at Cross Country works with me well and they're honest people. They asked me questions and they did what they had to do. Their service was good and I like the coverage plan that I have now. The technicians were good as well. They stopped by a week later after I submitted a claim. The deductible went from $85 to $100, but they are good people to have.

Cross Country Home Services response

Charles - Thank you for sharing your warranty experience. Providing efficient repairs and excellent customer service is our primary goal as your warranty company. Thank you for being such a loyal customer! Sincerely, Stephanie

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

The plan coverage we currently have with Cross Country is good and it has a reasonable price. Whenever we submit a claim, it is relatively easy either online or calling in person but we prefer doing it online and it is usually pretty quick. Their website was recently upgraded in the last year where we get assigned to a company immediately. When I have any issues, I call them and speak to their reps. They have all been very good and helpful. However, I would like to see a better program for replacement. I called them mostly for my heat pump that was over 25 years old. Everyone that came to repair it told me it was long overdue to be replaced. But I understand if it could be repaired, it would be better than the expense of replacing it.

Then one time, I was assigned a company who did a very poor service and the company refused to come back and repair the issue that they made. But Cross Country took care of it right away and they assigned someone else who came out immediately. The next time I called for repair, the automatic system assigned me to the same person that I said I wouldn't deal with before, but it was changed quickly and Cross Country addressed it right away.

Cross Country Home Services expert review by Michele Lerner

In business since 1994, Cross Country Home Services offers home warranty, repair and maintenance services nationwide to over 75 million customers. The company also offers broker services to real estate offices.

• TotalProtect home warranty: Cross Country Home Services works with TotalProtect to provide multiple service plans and pricing options for your home.

• Covered appliances: TotalProtect’s home warranty packages cover items like your air conditioner, dishwasher, refrigerator, washing machine, dryer and oven.

• Workmanship guarantee: After any repairs are done on your home, those repairs are guaranteed for 180 days.

• Extensive service network: Cross Country Home Services has a network of over 40,000 service providers and continues to partner with new providers. If you’re a provider, you can join their network through Cross Country’s website.

• Best for: homeowners who want to protect their home appliances from failure.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner

Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Cross Country Home Services Company Information