It's that easy Request Information
3.40/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

When it comes to home repairs, thousands of homeowners rely on Cross Country Home Services whenever their appliances or systems breakdown. From air conditioners, washers and dryers to dishwashers, refrigerators and ovens, Cross Country Home Services will take care of the problem you are facing. With a variety of plans available, CCHS allows you to select the coverage that best fits your needs. Contact us today to learn more about our services and plans available!

371 Cross Country Home Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Since being with Cross Country Home Services, I call them when I have a claim. Most of the time, I have someone come out within a day or two.

Beverley, Excellent service is what we aim to provide! – Christine

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I've interacted with Cross Country's reps a few times and most of them have been pretty decent. However, there are things that I don't completely agree with, like when they changed our unit. They told me that they don't replace stainless. I felt that if something needs to be changed, the replacement should be something that's of the same quality. Instead, they said they were going to put a cheaper one in. At that time, I nearly dropped them but then I was too lazy to get around to it.

Examining other warranty companies, people will find that they replace whatever they need to replace. They don't tell you that they're gonna first find cheaper things and put those in. At first I didn't know all that and I ended up paying the extra money. Thereafter, they just paid me some money and I figured I wasn't gonna put something that doesn't match the rest of the house. Also, Cross Country raised the deductible form. It changed suddenly and I don't think that's fair. I think they charge more too.

Cross Country Home Services response

Pradip, Thank you for letting us know how we are doing! We are constantly changing process to better our customer experience. - Austin

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Cross Country is a good thing to have because all those unexpected breakdowns can cost you a lot of money. I have a pretty good coverage plan with them. I just received a letter showing everything that's covered, and it pretty much covers everything. The deductible keeps going up, though, which kinda stinks. But when you get a plumber or an electrician, that's gonna cost you more.

It was super easy making claims with Cross Country. When I had to do it online, their site was user-friendly. One or two steps were needed to file a claim. And when I called Cross Country - about once or twice - they were pretty quick and efficient. They dispatched their contractors out within the week and they had all been really nice. For those who don't have house insurance, really look into Cross Country. It's a good company and they haven't steered me wrong yet.

Cross Country Home Services response

Diane, Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We strive to provide an effortless claim experience for our customers and it’s great to know you were pleased with the service. - Angela

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I can't even get in touch with this organization. I have tried multiple numbers and been on hold for over two hours. I've reached out to my mortgage company a bunch of times which gives me different numbers, and tried numbers off of the CCHS website too. Nothing! Buyer beware!

Cross Country Home Services response

Michael, We truly apologize for the inconvenience caused. This is definitely not what we want our customers to experience. Should you need further assistance with a claim, please respond with your full property address and the best time to reach you. Thanks, Austin

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Cross Country Home Services was the first warranty company I tried out and they've always been great. I had my air conditioning system worked on twice, and the contractors were always out there just a couple of days after I called Cross Country. The people I deal with at Cross Country are nice and they are very fast when I submit a claim. I've got the major stuff covered in my plan, and I'm very satisfied with them.

Walter, Excellent service is what we aim to provide! – Angela

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cross Country Home Services?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I've been with Cross Country Home Services for a long time. Before they were all automated, I used to call and talk to people, but now, they're all automated, so it's a little hard to get a hold of a person. A couple of times, the automated thing has directed me to companies that don't do the service for them anymore, then I've had to go back and find somebody else. Sometimes, their automated system, which is a little hard to get past, is out of date. It referred me to a place for a water heater, but the company no longer had water heaters, so I had to go back into the system and find somebody else. It was a bit of a hassle. But I really like Cross Country and I have stuck with them for a lot of years.

My interactions with the technicians have been good, although it was a water heater that cost us a lot. The guy said, "Oh, we had to do all this special stuff," but we didn't notice anything special that he mentioned and it didn't seem more special than what had been in the past. I'm not entirely convinced that they were a great provider.

I wish it were a little easier to get a person at Cross Country. I have to wait a long time through a lot of prompts. The last time, we had lost our heat and it was cold. We called the person they told us to call and they came out right away, which was great, and they fixed it right away. However, I kept getting messages asking if I would like help scheduling the appointment. I kept trying to text back and say, "No, we got it. It's done, it's over," but I kept getting messages again. The automated system is a little tricky, but I like the service very much and have appreciated not panicking when something breaks down. I recommend Cross Country.

Cross Country Home Services response

Christine, Thank you for choosing us, we are happy that we have met your expectations, and have provided you with prompt and helpful service. Sincerely, Austin

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

The last claim I tried to do with Cross Country Home Services was my one of my pool equipment. However, I didn't know that I have to call to add my pool every time I’d be ready renewing it. They left me on the phone for hours, waiting to tell me what I needed to do and for them doing the claim. Next thing, I needed to pay some money to get it back on, but I didn’t understand all that. After that point, I never used it anymore, although I still pay. We are supposed to still have the same thing I signed up originally, but for some reason, now they dropped it and they are telling me I had to pay out of my pocket when it comes out of my mortgage when they take the impounds.

When they couldn’t find anyone to do it, I had to find my own technician and pay them, then I get my money back. I had to pay my money out, then wait for Cross Country to pay me back, which took almost three weeks. The repair cost me a lot of thousands because the pool ended up getting corroded. The tech had to replaster it and let the water out. I was very dissatisfied with my experience with Cross Country. I also wish that when Residential MD does the renewal, before they drop things, they should contact the consumer, so that we know that we no longer have that service.

Cross Country Home Services response

Marilyn, I regret to hear of the troubles you have had with coverage from the policy. We'd definitely like to discuss your concerns. Should you like further assistance please respond to this message with the best time to reach you and your full property address. Thanks, Morgan

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Over a month and a half ago I contacted Cross Country about a problem I was having with my boiler/ furnace. I filed my issue in early December. They've now sent 2 separate subcontractors out to analyze and service. Both disappeared and Cross Country can not get in touch. It's a month and a half later and I've been using electric heat space units in my kids' rooms and when the temperature dropped below 30 I moved my wife and 3 kids in with my in-laws. I've spent hours a day trying to get some. I've gotten promise after promise from supervisors at both companies. And today they still have no resolution. One of the worst experiences I have ever had with a company. Avoid them.

Cross Country Home Services response

Steven, We truly apologize for the inconvenience you’ve experienced. This is definitely not the level of service we aim to provide. I have located your account and see that a member of our leadership team is currently investigating your claim to see how we can resolve it as quickly as possible. We will ensure that the feedback you provided is given to the agent. Sincerely, Austin

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Cross Country Home Services came through in my mortgage. My interactions with their reps over the phone were good. They were prompt as far as trying to get my problem solved and I like that. Whenever I have an issue, I just call them up, they'd call the plumber or whoever, and then the plumber would call me and I'd set up the appointment with them. The contractors that they've sent out have all been good. I had one bad contractor and I let them know, and they immediately took them off. Cross Country is worth it. In fact, I told a couple of my friends about it.

Cross Country Home Services response

Laura, We are sorry to hear that your interaction with one of our service providers was less than satisfactory, and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. We are thrilled to hear that you have referred your friends to us. It is our pleasure to provide you with top-level customer service and efficient claim resolutions. Thank you! – Austin

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Updated on 01/14/2019: It's been a month and Cross Country has not contacted me at all, Even after I posted the initial complaint and Austin said they would call. I have called them once/twice a week to check status. It has now been "1 month" since I have placed my claim. When I call, Cross Country is blaming the service company and the service co. is waiting on CC to order the part. Since my electricity bill has now doubled since it has to be set at 90 degrees to keep us warm, Cross Country refused to waive "1 month" payment and I'm still responsible for OOP expense of $600.

Original Review: My heat pump needs be replaced which is the compressor outdoors. The company doing the work came out a day after calling them. They informed Cross Country that I needed a replacement. I have called the repairman and Cross Country with both blaming each other for THREE WEEKS now with no resolution. It's WINTER and we are having to use the emergency heat to stay warm which is not working too well and causes your electricity bill to be sky high. Then I'm responsible still pay $500.00 OOP. Very disappointed/cold at night/and waiting. Next week will be a month.

Cross Country Home Services response

Leslie, I can definitely understand how frustrating this has been for you. I have located your account and a member of my team will investigate your claim to see how we can expedite a resolution. Once it has been reviewed we will call you personally to address your concerns. Sincerely, Austin

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

My original warranty company, Home Protect, was bought out by Cross Country. I have had 2 claims with them and both have gone about the same. This claim is on my refrigerator that went out just before the holidays on 12/18. I have reached out to Cross Country several times regarding the part that Sears ordered and no one could give me any information. They told me to contact Sears and they would have a manager call me. I am still awaiting a manager's phone call. I am now almost a month without a refrigerator only to finally find out that the part was ordered 2 days ago and is on backorder with no ETA. Whenever you ask for a supervisor or manager, they tell you that they have to put in a request for one to call you. I found out today that my requests for a manager to call me was never put in.

Again I am requesting a manager call me. I can find the part on several websites however since they dispatched Sears, they are telling me a part cannot be order from another vendor. This is the worst service. They will not reimburse me for my lost food or having to eat out daily. Do not go with Cross Country as your Home Warranty provider. Their service is the worst I have ever encountered.

Cross Country Home Services response

La Monica, We truly apologize for the inconvenience you’re experiencing. This is definitely not the service we aim to provide. We've located your account and will review your claim. A member of our team will contact you once the investigation is complete to address your concerns. Thanks - Austin

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

It has been almost 10 years now that I've had Cross Country and whenever I call them, everything is always done properly. Submitting claims is simple and it has gotten easier now. I just go online to do it via their website, which is self-explanatory. Then within a couple of days, a contractor would be dispatched. And so far, their contractors have all been good. Though I have a claim last year that is not yet resolved, I still find having the warranty very valuable and I know I just have to pay my deductible and my issues get resolved. It also saves me from having to shop around trying to find contractors to come out and do whatever needs to be done. The quarterly maintenance is pretty good as well.

Cross Country Home Services response

Marion,  It is our pleasure to give great customer service and offer stress-free repairs. Thank you for taking the time to share your claim experience with us. - Amanda

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

We got a brochure from Cross Country Home Services and we liked the security that they would provide for a fairly nominal fee. When our appliance breaks, it's a big out of pocket. And the choice is having it fixed or having it replaced. For some aging appliances, having somebody come to the house to repair it and having the warranty company cover the service call cost is a pretty good deal.

The interactions with Cross Country's reps have been good, but I wish they had more vendors so that we had a better response time. Every time we've called, there have been several days of delay with the one company that does the service work. The last time we used it, the heater in the house was broken and we went three days with no heat. We're in Florida, but it's still cold when it's 45 degrees outside. I submitted the claim online and then I had to call the vendor to get them to schedule an appointment. We're in one part of a county and the vendor that services us is quite far north in another part of the county. It's a good 45-minute drive on a good day and since they do other work in other places, we have to get in line behind their other customers. When they showed up though, they were confident and got the work done.

Cross Country Home Services response

Mark, Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We strive to provide an effortless claim experience for our customers and it’s great to know that overall, you were pleased with our service. - Austin

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

My elderly and disabled Mother lives in my house, and let me just say that it is Inhumane how Cross Country trains and instructs their employees to DENY Heating & A/C claims and ignore helpless people in need. Former Cross Country employees have come forward stating this! We had a “Medical Emergency” situation in our family due to the A/C having broken down in the middle of July in Florida when the sweltering heat is unbearable, especially for a 75 year old disabled woman with extremely important medications that need to stay at room temperature. Cross Country sent a technician out to fix the A/C and the tech reported to me that the entire A/C system was in need of replacement.

Cross Country then sent me a letter saying “GREAT NEWS! We have approved the replacement of your Air Conditioning unit”. BUT, further down in the letter they wrote that they required me to pay $3,600.00 toward the replacement!!! Cross Country stated that the “indoor” Air Handler in my house was fine, and so they wanted ME to pay for that portion in the amount of $3600.00, and that the “outside” Condenser unit only would be replaced by Cross Country which they would pay $385.00. The technician that Cross Country hired to do the repairs, explained to me several times that the entire A/C unit was in need of replacement. So Cross Country was trying to see if they could trick me into paying thousands of dollars, while their portion would only be $385.

Then Cross Country said they needed to hear it directly from the Technician/Service Provider that the entire A/C system needed to be replaced before they would replace the whole system, as if there was some sort of “Misunderstanding” when the Technician tried to get Authorization for the replacement of the system. Cross Country said they would evaluate the situation again and get back to me after discussing it with their Technician a second time. I did not agree with Cross Country’s bogus letter they sent to us “Congratulating Me” on their Approval of the Replacement of the A/C system. This information contradicted with what their Technician had reported to me.

Cross Country then decided to change their mind and simply put a band-aid on the problem by replacing a “part” in the outside Condenser, called the “Compressor”, instead of replacing the actual system, in order to merely get the A/C up and running. I was fine with that, if that’s all it needed. I was not asking for anything that was not fair, and I only wanted for the A/C System to work. If the Air Handler was in fine working order after all, then so be it. But clearly the Air Handler WAS NOT fine because it caused the new compressor to burn up shortly after it was installed! The Air Handler evaporator coil was leaking, and Cross Country was covering that information up!

Right after the new Compressor was installed into the outside Condenser unit, the Compressor burnt up and the A/C failed to work again. There was actual black, burnt streaks of debris on the new Compressor showing that this fire hazard had just taken place within the system. I called Cross Country to tell them that the A/C stopped working again, and they decided to open up a NEW claim so I had to pay another $100 deductible and a different Technician came out to the house because the original Technician refused to be involved any further. But the original Technician is the one who did the sketchy, inadequate repair.

The new Technician said that the indoor Air Handler was in fact bad and confirmed the evaporator coil was in fact leaking, and that had caused the new Compressor to fail in the Condenser, but Cross Country still refused to do any further repairs because they are now calling it a “lack of maintenance” on our part. What the heck?? Evidently, if the Air Condenser and the Air Handler don’t fail at the same time, they will not replace the system. BUT BOTH THE INDOOR Air Handler AND THE OUTDOOR Condenser UNIT HAD FAILED AT THE SAME TIME! To avoid having to replace the system, Cross Country lied and mislead me to believe that only ONE portion of the system had failed, so they would not have to replace the whole system, which is what the 1st Technician told me needed to be done in the first place!

Nevertheless, Cross Country sold me on their home warranty stating that “If we can’t fix it, we’ll replace it. No matter what the age or condition of the unit”. Meanwhile during of weeks and weeks, turning into months of Cross Country manipulating the claim to avoid covering it, and trying to cover up their mess, my disabled, elderly mother was forced to suffer in the extreme heat. I begged and pleaded with Cross Country to do the right thing. They refused, and did not care about the 75 year old woman suffering due to their greed. And we have had no central A/C or heat since then. Now that it is winter, the A/C and Heat system is still inoperable since the Compressor Cross Country installed has burnt up, which means that there is NO Heating either, which has also been difficult to live through. Especially at night when it gets down into the 40’s and 50’s in Florida.

So to RECAP: Cross Country sent a Tech out to repair my A/C system, the Tech stated that the system needed to be replaced because both the Air Handler and the Condenser were bad, the Technician was instructed by Cross Country to merely install a new Compressor in the Condenser as a band-aid to avoid replacing the system, which then caused the thing to burn up because the Air Handler was bad all along also, now Cross Country refuses to talk to me or do anything further to remedy this situation. I have one word to describe this company, SCAM!!! When you read all of the many 1 Star Reviews this warranty company has received by customers who they have scammed, believe them!

Cross Country Home Services response

Tanya, We are sorry to hear of the struggles you had with the air conditioning system. We would never intentionally move forward with repairs which were unsafe or that would not resolve the failure. We must rely on the information we receive from our service partners. We would be glad to take a second look at your claim to ensure you received every benefit your policy offers. We have located your account and my team will investigate and follow-up with you personally once our review is completed. Sincerely, Austin

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I've had Cross Country Home Services for quite a few years now and overall, they've been pretty good to me. They have handled the claims within just a few days of the calls and I haven't had any issues. Submitting my claims for service is very easy. I just make the phone call and they will do one of two things. They either give me the phone number to call the company or they put me on hold while they look for the number, then they give me all the information and the company calls me within 24 to 48 hours, which usually is just within 24 hours. Then, we would get it set up and done. We've also had very good interactions with the technicians and I've had some relationships with them now. Sometimes, I would call those guys or use their referrals to other people with the companies and it worked out well. Overall, I'm satisfied with the coverage that is offered in my plan so far. Cross Country is doing all right. Keep up the good work.

Cross Country Home Services response

Louis, Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We strive to provide an effortless claim experience for our customers and it’s great to know that overall, you were pleased with our service. - Austin

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Cross Country is the only particular home warranty company for this home. Since I enrolled back in 2013, I filed five claims, one of which was a fairly significant claim. One of the reasons I chose Cross Country was their policy and philosophy, if an item couldn't be fixed they'd replace it, and that was really advantageous for me. Two years ago, our heating system failed and because of that particular policy, Cross Country replaced our furnace, which was probably close to a $5,000 expense so that was great.

The only difficulty I've had with the process is we live on an island, northwest of Seattle up in Washington state and a lot of the vendors that Cross Country uses have some difficulty getting out here so sometimes I have to secure a local company that's willing to accept the Cross Country warranty insurance. There were a couple times where I needed to go from the standard customer service representative to a manager to provide me with some assistance. But we've worked it out. Overall, the policy is pretty exemplary. Cross Country has treated me fairly and I continue to be a customer.

Cross Country Home Services response

Paul, We appreciate your loyalty and are delighted to hear that we’ve been delivering on our promises and making your home management needs easy. Sincerely, Austin

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I had no problem getting my gas pack repaired but when it came to replacing it almost a month to get a new one because their employees cancelled my contract. So we suffered in 20-40 degree weather with no heat. Even though I constantly called them they never told me my contract was cancelled by them, they tried to convince me that I had cancelled it. If it had not been for my installer I would probably still not have heat.

Cross Country Home Services response

Sylvia - I am sorry to hear of the delays you have experienced throughout your claim. We aim to provide quick and efficient service, and regret the inconvenience this may have caused. Our records indicate your service request is now completed. If you need further assistance, please let me know, and my team will follow up with you personally to further address your concerns. Sincerely, Angela

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

It would be so nice if I could give a zero rating. This company is connected to Sears and I trusted them because of their affiliation with Sears. My range has been out of service for over a month. I pay $50 a month and $75 per visit. I was promised a replacement range...never got it. Part never came in. Supervisors are never available. The kids they have answering the phones are clueless and will tell you anything to get you off the phone.

DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY. It’s been over 30 days and I still do not have a resolution. I was told today that my replacement range was never ordered, nor was the replacement part. The replacement was supposed to be ordered after the 21st day of not receiving the part. I have a list of company representatives' names I’ve spoken to since early November and all of them are liars. They tie you into a contract for a year and provide the worse service possible. On top of that you have to pay them to get out of the contract... We all should find a way to file a class action lawsuit against this company to cover every state. I’m certain their poor customer service and bad business practice is company-wide...

Cross Country Home Services response

Versia, I regret to hear of the service you have received, I assure you that we aim for excellent customer service. My team and I would like to help provide an expedited resolution on your range claim. Please respond back with your full property address and contract number to locate your account. Sincerely, Austin

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I bought a house, new construction 14 years ago, never a problem with oven. Two years ago oven stopped working. I purchased home appliance warranty plan with Sears and filed claim. They came and replaced the circuit board. One year later same issue. Cross Country, who took over my Sears Home Warranty account, came out and replaced the circuit board a second time. Eight months later, same thing happened. They came out again. Technician contacted CCHS service dept and told them the circuit board went out again and advised CCHS representative to initiate a replacement wall oven this time. However, this time CCHS rep told the tech at my house, that they were going to deny my claim based on "improper installation." Funny, they were the only ones to ever repair the oven. The tech was surprised to hear this too.

My wall oven worked great for 12 years, no problems. I mean, that's why you purchase the home warranty, right? To replace appliances when they break down? I have spent hours on the phone trying to understand the logic, since I was there when the tech called to advise the replacement. At least 5 times I have called back and was told that a supervisor would call me back but never did. The last time I called, I finally was able to reach a supervisor who continually told me the claim was denied "do you have any other questions related to a different matter than this claim" over and over and over. Obviously, once a certain dollar about is reached for repairs they refuse to fix or replace. $49.99 a/mo for over two years. Now I'm being told "denied." I would not recommend entrusting any of your home appliances with CCHS.

Cross Country Home Services response

Michael, I regret to hear of the troubles you have had with coverage from the policy. I'd like to offer some reasoning as to why your claim has been denied. Your wall-oven is supposed to be on its own circuit, however it is on a shared circuit which is causing the boards to continue to short out. This is considered to be installed improperly. I sincerely regret you may feel as if the policy is not benefiting you, however we have acted within the terms and conditions of the Agreement. Regretfully, Austin

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Filed a claim on a home I just purchased with polarity issues due to wiring. Was denied because their technician didn’t wire the house? Then, when I asked what they do cover, I was told to read my contract myself. Also they stated that they would cover normal “wear and tear” on electrical, or something that shorted out!?! I mean, how does an outlet or switch short out... because it was wired INCORRECTLY. What a joke.

Cross Country Home Services response

Tyler, I appreciate your feedback and am sorry to hear that your claim experience was not what you expected. As with all warranties, coverage is detailed in the Agreement and there are items that may not be covered due to the cause of failure. I regret that you may feel as if the policy is not benefiting you. Should you have any questions or concerns regarding your policy, please respond to this message with the best time to reach you. Sincerely, Austin

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

When I bought my home, it has Cross Country Home Services included in the purchase. I've been using Cross Country for about eight years and I've had good experience with them. Submitting a claim to them is fine. If I call them up on Monday, the contractors would be here a couple of days after. When we call on the weekends though, you can't get a contractor. You have to wait for Monday. The contractors they send here were nice and they do a good job. Professional Plumbing is one contractor that Cross Country uses, and they're the best. I can call them right now and after a couple of hours, they'll be here.

However, some of the companies working for them were not really good. Last year, our air conditioner went out and it took me two months to get the air conditioning unit because the company they had, ABC Heating & Air Conditioning, they just weren't on the ball. Every time they would come out, the tech would claim that he was sick and he couldn't get out. He claimed that they’d deliver the air conditioning unit and he wasn't in his office. He also claimed he couldn't get the parts. He was saying one thing and Cross Country was saying another. I just had to get ugly with them and they just finally got it together. He finally came out after about two months.

Cross Country Home Services response

George, We appreciate you taking the time to share your warranty experience. We do our best to provide quick and reliable service and we thank you for being a loyal customer. We are sorry to hear that your interaction with one of our service providers was less than satisfactory. I'm sorry to hear about this experience.  It’s definitely not the level of service we aim to provide. We're here to ensure you have a positive experience in the future. Sincerely, Austin

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I'm very dissatisfied with the way my last service request was handled. I've had very good service from Cross Country up to this point. In reading the other reviews that were posted to this site, I can certainly relate. They will provide great service until it becomes too costly for them. It appears that Cross Country's business model is to deny claims when it's too expensive. My refrigerator wasn't working so I called them. They quickly sent someone out. The service guy said that, whoever worked on the fridge before, did a shoddy job that could have caused a house fire. Cross Country denied my claim because there was an electrical bypass. The only work done on all my appliances were done by Cross Country's technicians! I would advise anyone looking for a home service contract to stay away from Cross Country. I would not recommend them.

Cross Country Home Services response

Joseph, Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We aim for a clear and efficient claim process, but it seems we have missed our objective. I have located your account and will have my team reach out as soon as we can to ensure you have received the full benefit of your policy. I thank you for allowing us another opportunity to address your concerns. Sincerely, Austin

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I decided to sign up with Cross Country years ago and I'm happy with them. I'm satisfied with everything, including the timeliness and the quality of work every single time. Everybody that I've spoken to has been nice and friendly, and on average, it takes a day after a claim is filed for a contractor to come out. If something happens at night, I call 24/7 then I would have an appointment the next day. All the contractors they've sent out has gotten the job done too.

Erica, Thanks for your kind words! We appreciate it. - Morgan

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

When I signed up with Cross Country, they were the only one that was really marketed to me at the time and I went along with it because it seemed like a good deal. We've been covered with them for about ten years now and I've had the same warranty the whole time but I got confused when they changed their name to ResidentialMD. On the other hand, I had the warranty for so long and did not do any claims. I think they dropped my deductible from $150 to $100, and that helped even more. The warranty is definitely valuable because if anything goes, I can pay 100 bucks without having to buy a new unit for 400 or 500 bucks.

I've only done two claims. The very first one I had ever done was for my dishwasher. They sent a guy out and he figured out what he needed, came back the next day with the parts and pretty much completely rebuilt my dishwasher. At that time, I thought it would have been easier for him to replace the dishwasher. But I didn't care what they did as long as it got fixed. And it did get fixed. About a year or two later, it went kaputt again. I don't know if it's them to blame or if that brand of the dishwasher was just junk. But everything went smoothly with the claim service and everything was good. Then recently, I did a claim for my oven. Cross Country sent Sears out and they took care of it the same day. Then everything was kosher and good.

Cross Country Home Services response

Jonathan, Fantastic service is what we aim to provide, and we are excited to hear that you were extremely pleased. Thanks for the kind words. – Austin

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Absolute worst company I have ever dealt with in my life. The customer service people don't help you - they just agree with everything you say and apologize. Nobody calls you back regardless of who you leave a message with. All calls end up in the customer service call centers. If by chance somebody give you a different phone number to call, it reroutes back to the call center. The hold time is 20+ minutes on every call I made. If you do get a home warranty through this company, they will take your money and leave you hanging. Such a shame that companies do such things! I wish I could give -stars.

Cross Country Home Services response

Linda, We truly apologize for the inconvenience caused. This is definitely not what we want our customers to experience. our feedback is very important to us and we have provided back to the organization, in an effort to make improvements with customer service and our processes. Sincerely Austin

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I've been with Cross Country for 10 years or so, and on the first time I used it, I called them and got a live person. The second time, I went online. I filed a report, and they got back with me quickly on it. I've had two different contractors, and I've been very satisfied with both of them even so much with the latest one. He came and diagnosed the problem quickly, and he had to get a part for the unit. He kept in touch with me the whole process, and it worked out fine. I had to go out of town, and he'd gotten the part here. I left the key to the house, and I only met him once before but I felt comfortable with him. He came in, did a wonderful job, and nothing was disturbed. He called afterwards to say it was all done.

I was disappointed that Cross Country doesn’t really do the plumbing too well, but that was kind of a boilerplate clause and it is what it is. But besides that, everything is fine. Their customer service did a wonderful job with me. They followed up to make sure that I was happy with the service, and it was great. I was pleased with it.

Cross Country Home Services response

Jeff, Thank you for letting us know how we are doing! We are constantly changing process to better our customer experience. We're happy to hear we have delivered. Have a great weekend! - Austin

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

This is the third year I've had SystemProtect and they were fine. They were doing a good job. They call when they're supposed to and check on things. I would like for them to hook me up with people in my area though, not 100 miles away. They have sent people out several times and I have been really well-pleased. I call and talk to a person when I have a claim and I've only had one contractor that I was not happy with. It was an air conditioner man. I have two units and he was supposed to check the big unit. But to my knowledge, he didn't do anything he was supposed to do and charged me $100 on the side for what he said was putting Freon in the smaller unit. I had not asked for that at all though. I got took by that. But that company was from Pine Bluff and since then, I've had another one that I was perfectly satisfied with.

Cross Country Home Services response

Hi Louann, I am sorry to hear of your experience with the provider we sent out to your home, but I am glad to hear that we did make up by sending a more qualified company to your home. I appreciate your loyalty! - Austin

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

At $45 a month, Residential MD covers all the stuff. I told them to sign me up and at this point, I've been with these people for about eight years. We've submitted several claims, from plumbing to microwave. They've also done our hot water heater and central air conditioning. The most recent is the refrigerator and almost every time, it's turned out well.

So far, we haven't had to argue too much over what is covered other than with the plumbing claim in the beginning. But it's all been good. They just sent us a check for $1,750 for a refrigerator that's three years old. We could not get the ice maker to work and they are replacing the whole thing over an ice maker. They had come out for the refrigerator several times over the last three years but after they replaced it the third time, it still wasn’t working. The situation is like our microwave. They couldn't get parts and once they can't get the parts, they call us and tell us what they can do. They offered us a buyout.

They've been trying to go to a more automated system when you make a claim now. I used to call and tell them the issue then they would set me up. Everybody's going online but sometimes, you just wanna talk to a live person. Still, I can go online to say we need something fixed. I just pop it in then they give us the phone number of the repair person. I've only had one issue. That was when they said they did not have anybody in our area who could come out and repair the hot water heater. They were going to research finding somebody. I told them they were gonna have to move a little faster because I was not gonna accept that for an answer. We ended up calling somebody ourselves. We paid for it then they reimbursed us what we paid.

But nobody has been rude. They always answer the phone and they've always been very professional with me. If they don’t know what to do, then they'll escalate it to the next department. Sometimes it's not immediate that they back to you but they're fairly good about getting back. We had a plumber that got crossways with them. He said he couldn't stand them but I think it's on the end of the service people getting paid. In my experience, we've had some issues but there has been nothing that I haven't been willing to overlook. They raised the deductible though. It started out at $75 then it went to $85. Now, it's 100. So anytime we call somebody out, we're out of $100. But they've never raised the price on me. I've been paying $44.95 since day one. For a very minimal amount, I've got a new central AC and a new hot water tank, other than the new refrigerator I'm in the process of getting. I would recommend the warranty.

Cross Country Home Services response

Toni, Fantastic service is what we aim to provide, and we are excited to hear that you were extremely pleased. Thanks for the kind words. – Morgan

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

We use Residential MD which is with Cross Country Home Services and submitting a claim is easy to a degree. My wife does it online but when I called trying to find status on some things, it was really a headache. On one of the last claims, I kept trying to get people an account number and nobody can pull up who we were or what we were. The contractors have been a breeze to work with but some of the customer service people have been idiots. Having to talk to two and three different people to try and solve one issue or find something is very problematic. Also, the deductibles keep going up which is disheartening and we never really receive anything about this in writing.

Cross Country Home Services response

James, I'm sorry to hear we've not exceeded your expectations. The service you've received is definitely not the level of service we aim to provide. We appreciate your feedback and will give it to the organization in an effort to improve our customer experiences and on our process and procedures. Sincerely, Austin

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Everyone in customer service at Cross Country was friendly and answered all the questions that I had. When I submitted claims, they gave me the claim number and let me know the name of the company. They also told me that the person would be contacting me within 24 hours or they would go ahead and set up the appointment. One company told me that they were waiting to get information from them regarding the miles because they weren’t in the area. Another time, when the company I called didn’t call me back, I called Cross Country and they gave me someone else’s name. In January of this year, I had my heating unit worked on. Once it started to get cold, I tried to get it on but it wouldn't work. So, someone else had to come back to do something. It’s getting old and I've been here for about 16 years, so it's about time for a new one but once the contractor has fixed something, the quality has been fine.

Cross Country Home Services response

Teresa, We appreciate your loyalty and are delighted to hear that we’ve been delivering on our promises and making your home management needs easy. Sincerely, Austin

Cross Country Home Services expert review by Michele Lerner

In business since 1994, Cross Country Home Services offers home warranty, repair and maintenance services nationwide to over 75 million customers. The company also offers broker services to real estate offices.

• TotalProtect home warranty: Cross Country Home Services works with TotalProtect to provide multiple service plans and pricing options for your home.

• Covered appliances: TotalProtect’s home warranty packages cover items like your air conditioner, dishwasher, refrigerator, washing machine, dryer and oven.

• Workmanship guarantee: After any repairs are done on your home, those repairs are guaranteed for 180 days.

• Extensive service network: Cross Country Home Services has a network of over 40,000 service providers and continues to partner with new providers. If you’re a provider, you can join their network through Cross Country’s website.

• Best for: homeowners who want to protect their home appliances from failure.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Cross Country Home Services Company Information