3.6/5 (615 ratings)
Shop Now Ace

About Craftsman Riding Mowers

Craftsman Riding Mowers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Craftsman Riding Mowers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Craftsman Riding Mowers?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

I have a 42” Craftsman riding mower with a Kohler engine. I’ve had it for over 12 years and does a good job overall. One of the push rods gave out about 2 years ago and quick running. Luckily my brother is a mechanic and was able to repair it once I got the parts. Next time I will spend a little more and get a zero turn. Not sure on the brand now, will have to do some research.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2021

We actually researched a couple seasons for just what we wanted as we limped our old Craftsman on. Replacing everything under the deck bought us some time but this year we sold it and went to Lowe's to get another craftsman. Has a cupholder which hubs wanted and I wanted no clutch and brake with right foot, medical thing. Has a 46' deck and works very well. Definitely recommend.

Get buying tips about Riding Mower delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

I have access to several mowers. I garage them. One is 30 years old and runs great. I like it but it has several foibles. If I heed all those little quirks, it is fine and still does a remarkable job. I have it checked out 1 or more each year, oil, blade, filter, etc. Briggs & Straton. Love it.

Original review: July 31, 2021

Had one with a Kohler engine. This was the worst Craftsman I ever owned. I will not buy another unless it has a B&S engine. The oil plug was seeping oil because a nut worked loose and oil leaked out on the ground on the kohler and I didn’t see it and the warranty co. Refused to replace the engine when it seized up. I never had an issue with a B&S engine

Original review: July 30, 2021

I am a senior so this is the only way to mow for me, I love my Craftsman riding mower. It cuts so well. Have owned it for 3 years. Easy maintenance, just replaced the blades and it's like new. I moved to Florida from Colorado, lived in the mountains, no lawn to mow there, but here in Palm Coast we take pride in our yards. I have bought Craftsman products all my adult life and they never let me down. I highly recommend this riding mower. A lot of people have lawn service but I do all my own lawn service so I figure I have saved a lot of money over the years by getting this rider.

Original review: April 29, 2022

Bought 5/21. Had dead battery in 10/21. Customer service phone system does not work. Spent 2 days and hours trying to talk to someone. Authorized warranty dealer said I pay 90$ for the pickup. Craftsman should pay that for selling a crappy mower where the battery dies in 5 months! That’s ridiculous. Riding mowers cost a lot of money and they should pay to get serviced! Never buy craftsman!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

This mower has been a reliable product and does a sufficient job on uneven ground. This is an older model and I do not know if it is still made and I do not know where to buy a Craftsman product since Sears has closed in our area.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Cut the grass edges and yards Perfect! Performance is great and cutting is very important for yard workers to complete their work in a timely manner so that the Customers can be very happy and satisfied.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Parents were excited to buy a brand new lawn mower less than a year ago not even 10 hours on a 2000 dollar rider mower. The carburetor malfunctioned. Filled the whole engine with gas so oil was changed immediately. Took plugs out because of the hydrolock on cylinders put back together..very simple process. First bump the lawnmower lit on fire then immediately exploded mower and lit me on fire as well.. this thing was still immaculate condition with 10 hours on meter. Was told Lowes extended warranty would help replace the faulty mower.

Then later almost 3 weeks of red tape of them not even knowledge of where it was ..they were not covering anything at all. A little upset. My parents are old, retired and don't have a ton to spend. And I have permanent scars both arms from a trusted company...so called..I will be buying from another maker period. And yes I will be pursuing this ..very ignorant the way we were treated..please trust in other brands if you value your life.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

Best mower I ever bought. Lasted for over 6 years and still going. Had to resend some cracks. But overall it's great. Have had other brands. But none has lasted as long. No engine problems. A starter replace early on.

Craftsman Riding Mowers author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Craftsman, an 88-year-old tool company, creates quality mowers for residential use. This lawn and garden equipment company, a Sears subsidiary, offers entry-level and mid-range riding mowers and other tools.

• Quality construction: Craftsman has a reputation for quality parts, winning awards from Popular Mechanics and other organizations.

• Variety of attachments: These riding mowers have front and back attachments available for more versatility, such as a sweeper that cleans up leaves, clippings and other yard debris.

• Wide range of deck sizes: Homeowners can choose from multiple deck sizes accommodating up to three acres. The deck size is the length of the cutting blades and dictates the width of the mower's cutting path.

• Multi-speed transmissions: Seven-speed transmissions give the gardener full control over the mowing experience.

• Powerful engines: The quality engines provide enough power to handle challenging terrain and slopes.

Craftsman Riding Mowers Company Information