3.7/5 (792 ratings)
Shop Now Ace

About Craftsman Riding Mowers

Craftsman Riding Mowers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Craftsman Riding Mowers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Craftsman Riding Mowers?

Original review: June 13, 2022

I purchased a Craftsman pressure washer in May 2019. I struggled to get it started initially, but it did finally start. After getting it started, I was able to successfully pressure wash my sidewalk and my patio. I put my pressure washer away in my garage and left it stored there. It has never started again despite several additional attempts. I assumed it was "user error" - that I was doing something wrong despite following the directly exactly, or possibly not pulling the cord hard enough even though I have no problem starting my lawn mower. Yesterday, after trying for two hours to start it without success (and a neighbor who used to work at a hardware store trying to help me), I gave up and began reading product reviews online. I discovered that countless other people also cannot get their Craftsman pressure washers to start.

I called Craftsman to ask what could be done, but since the pressure washer is now out of warranty, they are unwilling to do anything to help besides direct me to a local service provider who would charge me to "fix" a product that never worked properly to begin with. I paid about $300 for this pressure washer and used it to clean my sidewalks and patio one time. It was a complete waste of money. I would have been better off hiring someone else to do it, but instead, I am out $300 and now have a piece of equipment in my garage that doesn't work. My sidewalks need pressure washed again and I'm back to square one. With so many other people experiencing the same thing, I wonder if there is any collective action that can be taken against Craftsman to hold them accountable?

Original review: April 29, 2022

UPDATED 5/22/2022: This is an update to my previous review of the new craftsman riding mower with a dead battery. MTD makes the parts I guess and I was told to message them about this issue. I did, several times and got no reply EVER! Do NOT buy a craftsman! They do not care! They make a bad mower. I’m also reporting to the BBB. And… I bought a TORO!

ORIGINAL REVIEW: Bought 5/21. Had dead battery in 10/21. Customer service phone system does not work. Spent 2 days and hours trying to talk to someone. Authorized warranty dealer said I pay 90$ for the pickup. Craftsman should pay that for selling a crappy mower where the battery dies in 5 months! That’s ridiculous. Riding mowers cost a lot of money and they should pay to get serviced! Never buy craftsman!

Get buying tips about Riding Mower delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

This mower has been a reliable product and does a sufficient job on uneven ground. This is an older model and I do not know if it is still made and I do not know where to buy a Craftsman product since Sears has closed in our area.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Cut the grass edges and yards Perfect! Performance is great and cutting is very important for yard workers to complete their work in a timely manner so that the Customers can be very happy and satisfied.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Parents were excited to buy a brand new lawn mower less than a year ago not even 10 hours on a 2000 dollar rider mower. The carburetor malfunctioned. Filled the whole engine with gas so oil was changed immediately. Took plugs out because of the hydrolock on cylinders put back together..very simple process. First bump the lawnmower lit on fire then immediately exploded mower and lit me on fire as well.. this thing was still immaculate condition with 10 hours on meter. Was told Lowes extended warranty would help replace the faulty mower.

Then later almost 3 weeks of red tape of them not even knowledge of where it was ..they were not covering anything at all. A little upset. My parents are old, retired and don't have a ton to spend. And I have permanent scars both arms from a trusted company...so called..I will be buying from another maker period. And yes I will be pursuing this ..very ignorant the way we were treated..please trust in other brands if you value your life.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

Best mower I ever bought. Lasted for over 6 years and still going. Had to resend some cracks. But overall it's great. Have had other brands. But none has lasted as long. No engine problems. A starter replace early on.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

I have a 42” Craftsman riding mower with a Kohler engine. I’ve had it for over 12 years and does a good job overall. One of the push rods gave out about 2 years ago and quick running. Luckily my brother is a mechanic and was able to repair it once I got the parts. Next time I will spend a little more and get a zero turn. Not sure on the brand now, will have to do some research.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2021

We actually researched a couple seasons for just what we wanted as we limped our old Craftsman on. Replacing everything under the deck bought us some time but this year we sold it and went to Lowe's to get another craftsman. Has a cupholder which hubs wanted and I wanted no clutch and brake with right foot, medical thing. Has a 46' deck and works very well. Definitely recommend.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

This is the only company my family buys lawn movers from. I have had ten members in my family in Waterloo, Iowa who worked for this company, and retired from there. Their products are the best in the world.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Works great. Transmission is easy to use. Great turning radius. Briggs and Stratton engine is easy to start with the electric starter and has power to tow with. Blade system cuts very well and the deck provides great vacuum.

Craftsman Riding Mowers author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Craftsman, an 88-year-old tool company, creates quality mowers for residential use. This lawn and garden equipment company, a Sears subsidiary, offers entry-level and mid-range riding mowers and other tools.

• Quality construction: Craftsman has a reputation for quality parts, winning awards from Popular Mechanics and other organizations.

• Variety of attachments: These riding mowers have front and back attachments available for more versatility, such as a sweeper that cleans up leaves, clippings and other yard debris.

• Wide range of deck sizes: Homeowners can choose from multiple deck sizes accommodating up to three acres. The deck size is the length of the cutting blades and dictates the width of the mower's cutting path.

• Multi-speed transmissions: Seven-speed transmissions give the gardener full control over the mowing experience.

• Powerful engines: The quality engines provide enough power to handle challenging terrain and slopes.

Craftsman Riding Mowers Company Information