1.28/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 9, 2017

81 Craftsman Riding Mowers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I have had my Craftsman riding mower for over 19 years, I change the oil religiously and had to replace 1 tire! I say this is not bad for a riding mower almost 20 years old!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Nothing but trouble with this model. We used it with care but it was constantly needing repairs. When the warranty ended, we were fortunate my husband is a master mechanic - until we needed a part available only from an indie supplier who told us Craftsman was living on its old reputation but was no longer worth consideration. Sad commentary for the price we paid.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

A little overpriced but in general a good mower. Good safety devices and good on gas but a little uneven on grass cut over lawn. Could not get to adjust out all the way but still better than major brands.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I have had other Craftsman mowers & never had a problem. I have had this one for 2 seasons & have had nothing but problems. Thankfully, I bought a service contract that covers a little of the cost... not nearly enough!

Original review: July 10, 2017

I’m tired of being taken advantage of when purchasing so called "quality products". I bought a rider because of the hardware in my back. I have a regular 50150 lot so the hours were really low until I left the key partially on, but anyway, I was sold on the front end being solid cast and it being a 24 hp. If I knew I couldn’t take the mower in for maintenance and would be forced to pay $95 for a guy to come to my house I would never have bought this POS.

Both wheels are facing outward and my tires are trashed. It was 4 years old when I decided I needed something done, thinking it wasn't under warranty anymore, I had the local shop look at it and they couldn’t figure out why it can’t be fixed. I bit my lip and called up Craftsman to have a guy come out and I find out it was under warranty but having someone other than Craftsman voided my warranty. So I had their guy come out only to tell me there is no fix, they would have to rig something up. So there is no fix, but I voided my warranty by having someone else try to fix it. DONT BUY CRAFTSMAN, THEY SELL **. I GUARANTEE IT.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Craftsman Riding Mowers?

Original review: July 5, 2017

In 2013 I purchased a 42" deck Craftsman riding mower (T3200 48" tight turn). Exactly a year later (2014) I had to call them to replace a plastic pulley for the drive belt because it broke in half. They told me that it would be a month before a service tech could come out and "diagnose" the problem. Then they tell me the part I would need is on back order for 30+days before they could get the part in. (Keep in mind we are in the middle of June where you have to cut the grass every week if not twice a week or else you're walking through a jungle.) Well after being hung up on 7 time and speaking to several representatives, 2 managers and threatening legal action, they agreed to replace the mower. I could go pick out one but only to the total cost that I paid for the old one.

Got to Sears and the mower that I currently had was no longer in stock. They had one with the same deck size but a smaller engine was in stock or I could get a bigger mower and pay the difference. I got one a little bigger and paid the difference. Exactly 2 year later (2016) the transmission starts leaking grease around the axle, had slack in the transmission axle and the PTO switch went out. They came out and repaired it at no charge. Covered under warranty and gave me a service slip showing the total cost of parts and labor $1180. (Again) exactly a year (2017) after the transmission was replaced (guess what) the transmission axle has over an inch of slack and is leaking a lot of grease. I call Sears and they say it's not under warranty, it will cost over $100 just to send a technician out and "diagnose" the problem.

Also mentions that there has been several "service notes" on the transmission so the transmission may be covered under a warranty but I will still end up paying for labor which is about $400 and the part (if I have to pay for it) is $600+. Then they tell me that the warranty on the transmission was only for 90 days after the date of service. They didn't tell me that then and it's not on the service ticket stating that. Now I'm not riding wheelies on this lawn mower or doing donuts or any of that crap so there is no reason I should have to replace the damn transmission once again. If I'm going to have to replace a transmission every year I may as well buy a damn tractor and finishing mower to cut my yard. Looks like I'll be finding an attorney to see what they think.

Original review: June 30, 2017

My $2700 G-T Craftsman 54" B&G Twin Plat. Model#917.204080 has 39 hrs. on it. The front right wheel just fell off. It was assembled by Sears, required, without adding grease. Also, the engine is losing power. Called for warranty service and was told that since it was 2 months over a year since my purchase, the mower has a two-year warranty, it could have been me that caused the grease to be removed and the engine problem could be poor maintenance.

It's only 39 hrs. old and has a two-year warranty. So I had to accept a possible $99 service charge that would be determined, in three weeks earliest, after a Sears technician, the same folks that didn't properly grease it in the first place, made a determination. The phone call with Sears Warranty Service seemed to be all about finding a gotcha reason to avoid warranty. After 40 years of being a dedicated Sears customer. Once because I was such a good customer they sent me a gold plated ratchet just to say thank you. SEARS IS NOW DEAD TO ME!

Original review: June 25, 2017

This Sears Craftsman Riding Mower is the worst thing I have ever bought. It is the worst piece of engineering I have ever seen. It is the hardest most un-user friendly mower I have ever seen. It is the worst riding and worst driving mower I have ever seen. It is the most flimsy, feeble mower I have ever seen. It has the worst steering I have ever seen. It is the hardest thing on a back I have ever seen. You have to turn the key to a different position and mash a different petal just to get it to back up, then hard to get the key back in the correct to go forward, then it jumps and pops your back. The wheels will turn so far it pushes in a curve and will stall. There is no lock to keep the front wheels from locking to far over. I bought the extended warranty that says "covers normal wear and tear" to find it does not although the salesman said it did. I could go on and on but the best advice I could give you is TOO RUN AWAY!!

Original review: May 28, 2017

I purchased a Craftsman riding mower on 5-25-2016, it is 5-28-2017 and the mower is not operational. I reported the problem over six weeks ago to Sears and still do not have a working mower. It took four weeks for a technician to arrive only to realize he needed to order parts that would take an additional three weeks. Then the technician did not call or arrive to perform the service. So, to date, I am almost two months into the growing/mowing season without a mower. I have lodged a complaint with Consumer Affairs and will also report this to the BBB. I have a two acre yard and am having to pay someone to mow the grass. Whatever you do, DO NOT purchase from Sears, they are on their way out and it is easy to see why.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

Craftsman 71-20383 46", 19hp tractor - I bought this tractor for two purposes, mowing and snow removal. The salesman went over the tractor specs and Attachment Fit-up list to get the right snow blower attachments. Got the 71-25840 50" snow blower, the 71-24434 wheel weights, the 71-24862 chains but did not get the 71-24100 (60lb) rear weight as I had 65lbs of weights that I could mount on the back of the tractor in its place.

Got everything together, took 8 hrs to mount blower as it's a "universal" mount and some parts did not fit exactly right and wiring for lift motor was NOT for this tractors battery, solenoid location. Had to splice extra wire on to get it installed. First try was a disaster. This tractor/blower combination is best for flat ground, pavement use only! It took 30 minutes to go 50' on the lawn. NO TRACTION! It could not plow 8-10" of snow and move at the same time - it couldn't get out of its own way!

If you're a 250-300lb NFL linebacker it might of moved. The weights required and myself did not do the job. Removed the 65lbs of rear weight and replaced it with two 60lb sand tubes. It has traction now, enough that it can get out of its own way and plow snow. If you want to blow snow with this tractor, don't get the 50" blower, get the smaller blower 71-24837.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

I purchased a Craftsman Pro Series 7400 Garden Tractor in late summer 2015. One of the big selling points the salesman made was the fact that the mower blades could be taken off by hand without wrenches. After a full year of mowing I can say that this "wrench free" design is junk and does not hold up. I have had the plastic housing around the blade clamps fly off at least six times, twice damaging the housing requiring the purchase of replacement housing parts. I have also had the pins holding the blade clamp simply fall out while removing a blade for service. Why do they try to improve on a simple bolt with a nut which has worked just fine for many decades? Are there really that many urban millennials that complained about not owning a wrench??

Original review: Sept. 2, 2016

I love this third upgrade brand new Craftsman Pro Series 42" Auto 20 HP HP V-Twin Kohler riding mower... My complaint stands that Craftsman riding mowers are not reliable and made with bad craftsmanship. I remember Craftsman brand as tough made to last. It was the best. I received this upgraded mower 8/20/16. Cut my grass on 8/27/16 with 15 minutes smells something burning. I had read my owner manual, did my oil check, and even recheck brakes, recheck everything. Everything check out okay so I assumed it was a new engine smell. Got done cutting my yard but the smell is still coming from somewhere. This mower cost me more money than the last one because it should be a better model. So I continue my search for where it could be coming from.

I got down on my knees and look at the engine block left side is attachment IMG00718 and IMG00719 look good. Then I went to the right side kneel down look at engine block attachment IMG00720, IMG00721, IMG00722, IMG00723, and IMG00724. See what I see. Show it to any small engine expert. I had to borrowed this money to upgrade to a different model because the other Craftsman model# 25581 had it's defective materialistic and manufacturer defects issue also. This more expensive mower model# 20138 I just received last week is I call it a crack engine block intentionally sealed with some whitish metal glue or adhesive and excessive gasket glue which probably the burning smell coming from.

I paid top dollars. This is legal is not is attach images? Could not get my money back. Sears sending another exchange. Who to said months down the road what other illegal things had been done to the exchange. I will be getting and I end up footing the bill. If Craftsman intentionally tried cover up a major part as engine block what else would they do. I was called a fool for sticking with Craftsman brand. The pictures speak for themselves and yes I have video of the ending hour meter having 1.6 on it. So sad really. This what kind of product Craftsman is making these days! Wrong.

Updated on 10/15/2016: I received my exchange (2ndProSeries) on 9/10/16. See the photos of my 1stProSeries and the 2ndProSeries Lawn mower. I wrote and ask Sears about why it still have a crack, seam or whatever you want to called it over the screwhead and why my exchange have a steel cast looking hot rod looking oil drain core whatever that was not on my first one. This was the response I got back.

“I had our engineers look at the pictures you sent. When the part you pictured is casted in a mold, the mold meets at the seam lines. It is not a crack; it is a seam line and it is normal. You mentioned seeing some liquid. There are two main possibilities here and neither are harmful. Your tractor comes with some oil in it already. It is possible that when it was being added, some dripped off accidentally. We have seen this happen. Also, gaskets seep, which can cause the dark color you see. If we felt there was an issue, there would not be any problem with providing you with an exchange. However, your new unit would probably have the same characteristics as the parts are all molded and the gaskets will seep. As I said, it is not a defect and not harmful.” Both lawn mowers had more than molded and gaskets seep it just excessive. No more Craftsman for me!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

Purchased a Craftsman mower. So disappointed, problem is will not start. Had warranty fixed by Sears. Get it home, try and start. Fuel pouring from carburetor until gas tank empty. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY. New mowers are junk!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

Bought a Craftsman 7.25 Engine Torque Just Check & Add Front Wheel Drive Mower, as close as I could find to my Yard Man Briggs & Stratton mower from 2000, which was a gem! Should have kept it and just re-furbished it. New mowers not the same. They are made with "disposable" motors and do not even have a parts/number list. This mower ran for less than a month and then started to stall in thick grass/leaves. Brought it to repair facility (not located at Sears- it is a guy working out of his barn 25 miles away-but it is the official gas engine repair facility for Muskegon / Norton Shores Sears store). No explanation for what was wrong just that he made some "adjustments", back a month later same thing. "Tweaked" it again, but still no paperwork, no explanation for what was wrong. Worked until Fall, then 2 hours of mulching leaves stalled it and it would not restart.

By the next summer, warranty ran out, had mechanic look at it. POS machine, plastic carb that requires premium gas or it degrades, coil was shot, gas leaked into the air filter and destroyed it. Took it to small engine repair, and it ran for a day. Next day ran for 30 minutes, then began to idle down and quit. Re-started, ran for another 30 minutes and quit. Then tried to restart and almost broke my arm. Back to the shop (very good service, good reputation and excellent results). Discovered hydro locked motor due to gas filled in cylinder and also found the carbs are known to leak and they commonly put in a shut off valve. Ran for a day, now won't run. Have to go back again. Will buy another mower soon. NEVER, NEVER buy Sears mower again... Spent as much on repairs as I paid for the mower- complete junk.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

Purchased the T12000 on March 2015. Mowed 3-4 times, rocker arm broke. Called CS & they sent out 2 under warranty. Mowed 3 more times. My husband checks and has to add oil before each mowing. Started smoking excessively and cutting out. Called technician - said he has ordered new engines for several of these and has put 2 on one ladies in 6 months...so to me this establishes a lemon issue. Mowed 2-3 times on the new engine - same thing, smoking cutting out. It quit in the middle of the yard and had to be pushed back to the shed. Called for a technician. This young whipper snapper took pictures, started it up and said they would be in contact with us in 3-4 days. (I left work to meet this guy because the window is 8-5 then they call you...aauugghh). Never called - called them back after 2 weeks and was transferred 4 different times, it was nuts!

Finally the operator in whatever department I landed in told me that it was determined as customer neglect due to the oil looking dirty! We literally have put 4 or 5 quarts of oil in this machine since it was purchased - again, before each mowing! Disputed this so they scheduled another technician - he called and I was on the other line. He left a msg for me to call him, didn't say he was in my drive or he was on his way or he was anything. Called him back 7 minutes later and he didn't answer (again, we had taken off work and been waiting all day). I called his # 8 times and he never called me back or answered. Called in to complain, they schedule another tech. I request a Friday August 5th after lunch so I can leave work early. The email appt tracker kept ticking and ticking later and later until 7:30 p.m. then it automatically rolls over to a rescheduled appt for...wait for it - SEPT 9TH more than 30 days later. All the while my grass now looks like a hay field.

So I just got off the phone AGAIN for a service tech who will be here this Friday after lunch and I requested the original guy hoping he will order another new motor/engine. In the mean time we went to town and purchased a Cub Cadet today. Never ever will I purchase any Craftsman anything from Sears. Their customer service folks, while decent over the phone, have no power to resolve issues. After reading these reviews it is obvious that there is a product issue. Has anyone looked into some kind of legal class action? This is out of control, so many people have been ripped off.

Original review: July 18, 2016

In April my husband purchased a new Craftsman lawn tractor for $2000. From the very beginning we have had nothing but bad luck with it. Sears will not do anything about it and the service man has been to our home 4 times already since we started using it in May and replaced numerous parts and the tractor still barely runs and stalls out constantly. I have had to fight with the Craftsman customer service and still have lawn that needs to be cut. The only reason why we purchased another Craftsman tractor is because we had great luck with the previous one we owned. I DO NOT recommend this tractor to anyone since I recently found out this model has issues that cannot seem to be corrected. Just an FYI for buyers out there so you don't have to go through what we are going through. Good luck with anything they make at this point. Extremely disappointed in the poor and pathetic service.

Original review: June 21, 2016

We bought the mower around May 4th. They said it couldn't be delivered for 3 weeks. I paid my neighbor $50 to trailer it home for me. We added fluids, rode her gently at first, but noticed immediately it was a 'shaker'. It shook as much as our old one that we gave away, but we plugged on, thinking it would smooth out. At 6 hours, the belt came off. I put it back on. We used it again for another 6 hours, prior to going on vacation on June 4th. The belt came off again, and then it would not stay on. Additionally, the right rear tire was showing a huge bulge in it. I had two local mechanics (loggers/tree trimmers/landscapers) look at the machine. They both said it was a lemon, and said they saw the deck was shaking too much, the belt was either the wrong size or defective, and the middle spring did not work. They added that whoever torqued down the motor and the deck did not do it to specs.

I went to the store and told them of my problems. They said, "Here, call this 800 number and a tech will come to your house. We'll probably give you a new one"... That one sounds bad. No problem, just call this number. So I called the number and spoke with Susan. She said, "We can send someone out this monday, between 0800 and 1700. You'll be there?" "Yes, I will." No one came. I called the 800 number. Where's the tech? Oh... No tech can come until July 17th. I said that is not acceptable. We have a total of 12 hours on this machine, and it was never set up properly. And NOW we are getting the royal runaround. DO NOT BUY CRAFTSMAN... THEIR WARRANTY IS A JOKE. IT DOES NOT EXIST.

Original review: June 6, 2016

Horrible experience from the start. I should have immediately returned it. However, the Craftsman man stated I should adjust the deck, valves, and various things on the tractor and it would work well as he'd had no returns. As such, I'm a year out with a piece of crap $3,500 lawn tractor that won't mow regular grass and now won't go at all. It has 30 hours on the motor, with most of that just general mowing. I would never buy another. Extremely disappointed with the service, the product, the overall experience. I'm done with Craftsman after 30 years. Cannot get service, cannot get explanations, cannot get anything but a piece of crap lawn tractor that won't mow grass.

Original review: May 25, 2016

I bought the Craftsman 46" riding lawnmower in March 2014. The forward motion stopped while I was mowing in Sep 2014. The plastic transaxle fan was laying in the yard. The warranty repair tech told me it's a design flaw and to use the clutch only when you absolutely have to. My warranty expired in March 2016. Same part failed in May 2016. Warranty people said they would not cover it even though the same part failed. I paid $60+ for a new fan online. An obvious problem Craftsman is not willing to correct. Perhaps an aluminum fan wouldn't melt and fail rendering the lawnmower useless like the plastic fan. I will not buy another Craftsman lawnmower! Or anything else except repair parts even though I have two Craftsman toolboxes full of Craftsman tools, Craftsman tiller, Jack, stands, etc.! I'm DONE!!!

Original review: May 10, 2016

LT3200 lawn tractor - I purchased riding mower new last year with the added protection agreement. The front end has failed. The deck has failed. The ignition system has failed. The motor has failed twice catastrophically. These repairs has taken months to be completed when added together. I have maintained the mower meticulously. I clean air filter, check oil, wash and grease deck every time I use it. This time I took a day off to meet the repairman and he never showed. Sears called and confirmed with me that he would be there yesterday. I called Sears and they refuse to repair claiming it's my fault. UNBELIEVABLE. Horrible customer service. This mower cost me several thousand dollars and only has 82 hours on the mower. My protection agreement would have replaced the mower this time had they not blamed it on me. Looking for a class action over this. Sorry to rant. Do not buy this.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2016

When I purchased the Craftsman T2400 lawn tractor I was very excited. I always had very good luck with them in the past. Come to find out the new generation of lawn tractors have a complete different clutching system. Instead of the hydrostatic clutch, it now has a belt drive rear end. It is now VERY jerky and impossible to operate at slow speeds. It is EXTREMELY frustrating to try and mow around obstacles or go slow to keep from plugging the chute. I will NEVER recommend one of these tractors to a friend again. I was told by the repairman, in a very polite and professional manner to get use to it. Because the new, less expensive clutching system was designed to save the company money. I would love to sell this lawn tractor, but I would actually feel guilty dumping this thing on an unsuspecting person.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2015

I purchased a craftsman 7.25 platinum lawn mower from Sears about 2 years ago. I purchased the Craftsman brand because of their reputation of quality and longevity. The first season, the mower ran fine without any issues. It would start every time. Unfortunately, the second has been a complete disaster. I have not been able to get the machine to run consistently. I have done all the required maintenance such as changing the filter, replacing old gas with fresh gas along with the admixture. After thinking about ethanol in gas, I have even gone as far as using premium gasoline. I've cleaned the carburetor several times only to get the same result. I'm basically fed up and have decided to say my piece and vow never to purchase a Craftsman lawn mower again. What ever happen to quality? Extremely dissatisfied customer.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2015

I bought a demo Pro7400 with 33 hours on it. After 5 hours of use, the spindle bearings on one blade burned up. I took it back to the store and they told me I had to have the repair done at home by a service person. They scheduled it 5 weeks out. I asked them to exchange the deck for one in the store on another unit. They said I had to have mine repaired. After lots of phone calls, they called and said they happen to have a service person in the area in a week. Meantime, they called and said they would exchange for a new unit, because they did not want to deal with it.

When I called to cancel the appointment, they had no record that anyone was going to show up on the scheduled date. The new deck has lost the "quick change" plastic blade covers twice. I finally replaced them with the old style blades. A direct swap after removing the quick change contraptions from the spindles. While doing that, I noticed one of the aluminum latches was hanging by one pin and about to exit the deck, probably followed by the entire blade. Possibly causing serious harm to something or someone.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2015

2013, bought a Craftsman 22-HP Riding Lawn Mower. Paid $1900.00 thinking I was getting a top quality product. Used mower the late part of season, mower begin to leave strips of unmowed grass. Replaced blades, did not help. Next thing, the left front wheel came off. Called Sears, serviceman came out and serviced the lawn mower. Next thing, the adjustment handle for the deck broke off. The mower is now at my son's house to be repaired & probably traded in on a zero turn mower. I am sure it won't be for a Sears mower. The mower has been the biggest piece of junk I have ever owned.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2015

Purchased a Craftsman LT 1500 on May 10, 2013. We used the tractor primarily for pulling a 20 gal herbicide trailer. The mower from day 1 coughed, belched smoke and lost power. In August 2015, the mower while pulling the trailer, coughed, belched smoke and the engine locked up. Sears via email informed me that the warranty had expired on May 10, 2015. How convenient! Sears informed me that I could go online to get a 20% service discount from the overpriced service rates. The LT 1500 is junk! Craftsman of Sears is selling the junk and will not stand behind it.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2015

Bought May 12, 2013 Craftsman riding lawnmower, delivered 10 days later. Serious problems ever since. Lived in my home for about 28 years and only had 2 riding mowers in those years. And one of the mowers was a Western Auto 18 hp riding mower, second was a riding mower with a John Deere engine purchased from Home Depot. Two great mowers that gave their all. Then came the Crapsman riding mower - with it seemed like a retired used car salesman working the Sears Garden and Tools floor. I figured what could go wrong with a Briggs engine? The mower came off the truck broken and because I did not purchase a maintenance contract I was refused service on a two-year warranty along with brick wall customer service.

The only way I could get help was the frustration of getting no help on an 18-month payment plan and absolutely crying my eyes out on the phone with these brick walls in the no service department. I have read the same complaints as mine throughout these reviews. I feel Sears needs us to file a class action suit. My costs so far are $2,000 on a riding lawnmower that was 1,699 + tax, 100 + tax on tire repair plus gas back and forth, 250 + tax in a maintenance contract.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2015

My Sears lawn tractor (Craftsman Lawn Tractor Model Number 247.288820) scalps my lawn on the highest setting of 5. I've checked the tire pressure and it is accurate. Also, when I'm driving on the highest speed setting of 7 the brake/clutch pedal folds forward. This is a very serious safety hazard.

Original review: July 29, 2015

We have owned this mower (Craftsman 24HP 54" Complete Start Turn Tight Garden Tractor) just over a year. Within the first 2 months of ownership the Complete Start electronics broke. It took Sears repair over a month to replace. Most recently (a year later) a weld broke on the mower deck that the deck supports bolt on to. I called the repair service and told them EXACTLY what was wrong and that it will need a new deck. They told me that the earliest they could get a tech onsite was a month later. A month had passed - I took the day off work for the repair, the tech shows up but without the deck. He looks at the broken mower and deck and confirms that the deck needs replaced (same thing I told them).

Here I sit 5 weeks into the service call reading an email from Sears stating that they don't have the part and are looking to find it with alternative distributors but the only reason I got this email was because I had to email them to find out where the part was because it had not arrived yet and a tech is supposed to be coming next weekend. I am certain that by the time this mower is repaired it will be over 2 months. I will never make another major purchase at Sears for the rest of my life nor will I recommend them to anyone else.

Original review: July 23, 2015

Bought a Craftsman 50" zero turn mower new from Sears. Came broken and took a month to get it repaired. Have had it for 3 yrs now and have NO mower for 1/2 of the summer months due to waiting on someone to repair. Please beware! Buy something somewhere else! So far this summer, it's been 2 months without mower. I am angry and plan on doing something about it.

Original review: July 5, 2015

I purchase a craftsman push mower 08/06/2014. Used it 3 times, cleaned it and put it away. This year when I tried to start it, it wouldn't start. I changed spark plug and did everything the guy in the store recommended. Still didn't start. So I send it to the Sears repair center since it is under warranty, that was over 5 weeks ago. Every time I call I keep getting a run around. I'm told it's on the truck to the service center or it's waiting to be repaired and no one seems to be able to say what's going on. In the meantime I keep having to pay to get my lawn done. Today I call the store I dropped it off at and the guy said it may take another 4 weeks. Just great. I will not be purchasing any type of equipment at Sears. In my opinion, they suck big time, and don't care about their customers.

Craftsman Riding Mowers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Craftsman, an 88-year-old tool company, creates quality mowers for residential use. This lawn and garden equipment company, a Sears subsidiary, offers entry-level and mid-range riding mowers and other tools.

• Quality construction: Craftsman has a reputation for quality parts, winning awards from Popular Mechanics and other organizations.

• Variety of attachments: These riding mowers have front and back attachments available for more versatility, such as a sweeper that cleans up leaves, clippings and other yard debris.

• Wide range of deck sizes: Homeowners can choose from multiple deck sizes accommodating up to three acres. The deck size is the length of the cutting blades and dictates the width of the mower's cutting path.

• Multi-speed transmissions: Seven-speed transmissions give the gardener full control over the mowing experience.

• Powerful engines: The quality engines provide enough power to handle challenging terrain and slopes.

• Best for: Homeowners seeking a quality built riding mower.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs