2. Homeowners

Find deals on a new lawn mower

Shop and compare today on Cub Cadet

Visit Website

Craftsman Riding Mowers Reviews

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

19 yrs and counting. Finally experiencing losing air in the tires. Regular maintenance and storage inside or covered is the key. Briggs 2 cylinder engine dependable and still on original spark plugs and belts despite weekly summertime use. First 2 winters plowed snow.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Purchased Craftsman 42" riding mower in July of 2008. Used it to cut 2 1/2 acres of tough, sandy mid-Florida yard liberally scattered with longleaf pine needles and blackjack oak branches. Cut this once or twice a week from early March thru mid-November every year from 2009 thru 2017. Other than replacing 3 sets of blades (probably due to sand and pine needles) I had NO trouble. Always started right up, ran flawlessly and cut very well. Maintenance was minimal and very easy. I changed the engine oil once a season and charged the battery every Spring. Still had the original battery when I gave it to my son-in-law because I moved away. He's still using it. It is a reliable mower well worth what I paid for it. If I ever need another rider, I'll be looking at Craftsman first.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

My riding mower is a Craftsman and a piece of $1900 crap. Ever since it was new, nothing but trouble. Main issue is the cutting deck and parts related to it. Something always breaking. So far repairs have cost well over $900, machine is 7 years old, in shop now/motor problems, may go to the dumps and not home... Depends on estimate. Next mower will be KUBOTA!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Bought this on clearance. Spindle broke and a few minor repairs. Wished it had hydrostatic transmission and more than 8 inch turning radius. A passable average mower with 46 inch deck.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I love my Craftsman tractor. It's dependable, durable, looks nice. The warranty is great. The service was great too. The price was better for what I was getting than other tractors.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Craftsman Riding Mowers?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

For 6 years this rider has given me zero problems. Oil change each year and it has never let me down. Starts each time, cuts very good, had to replace the battery last year.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

This had some odd “safety” items. Unless the clipping bag was 1/4” in line, the mower didn’t run. The mower didn’t mulch and would only work with the bag attached. Sears sold it and getting service was odd. You ordered a part, it would be shipped to you, then you called for service.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

My Craftsman is a good riding mower. I had it for 4 or 5 yrs and it starts up every time and lots of power. I sometimes use it as a small wood chipper to cut up small branches and the best part I don't have to sweat and push a stupid 22 inch mower, still same spark plug when I bought it.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

The Craftsman purchase was made at Sears in the Clearview Shopping Center three years ago. It is my first purchase of a Craftsman mower. I have owned other brands, but I really rate this mower above those I've previous owned. It is so easy to start, and the close radius steering system is an added plus. It is so easy to maintain and maintenance is a breeze. The only thing I wish I would have done was got one with a standard transmission. The automatic is alright, but, I have found it is not as durable as the standard shift tractors. But still, I am satisfied with the performance. I am in the fourth year of ownership, and as such, have began to replace worn parts. But the maintenance, or repairs, so far, have not been a major problem. As such, I can highly recommend the Craftsman brand.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Some engine problems [carb issues], deck rusted thru, but wasn't cleaned after each mowing [hard to clean around center pulleys], brake issues, electrical issues [fuse block corroded even though it was covered]. But overall a good mower - cuts very good, always starts and good assortment of attachments.

Craftsman Riding Mowers Company Information