2. Movers
Accredited Partner

Margate, FL

Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.27/5

Colonial Van Lines specializes in long-distance relocations. It offers full-service packing and storage options for both household and corporate moves. The company is registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and has over 50 years of experience.

Colonial Van Lines Video
Colonial Van Lines Gallery (6)
Colonial Van Lines Get a Quote

Colonial Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Colonial Van Lines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Colonial Van Lines?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

I talked to Colonial Van Lines, and they seemed decent. The moving coordinators never picked up their phone though. I had to call multiple time and leave messages. I was also told three different prices. Other than that, the moving people were awesome.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

Colonial Van Lines was very thorough and they got the job done. We had minor damages in our furniture. But overall, it was a good experience. We liked the price, too. The coordinator was super-friendly, answered all my questions, and was pretty thorough in going over the whole process. Based on everything that I told him, he gave me like a certain weight. But then, we sold a lot of furniture and got rid of a lot of things. We were still over 27 pounds, which is not a lot but considering that we sold a lot of things, if we hadn't sold those things, it would have been a big shock. We would have had to have paid a lot. I thought we were gonna be quite a bit under since we sold a lot of furniture. We were right there and he said 27 pounds over. It would have been good if there was a way to get a more accurate estimate because we sold a lot of stuff.

Tw women came and did the actual move, and they were really helpful as well. They called throughout the whole process and checked in. So, that was pretty good. The only thing was that the driver was supposed to let us know in advance when he would be there. He didn't do that he first time. Then, it turned out that they were delayed for a day, which I get that that happens but they didn't let us know until late in the day.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

Colonial Van Lines got me moved across the country and it was real low-stress for me because they handled everything. I was moving from Philadelphia to California. The coordinator was really helpful. She seemed to give me like an accurate estimate. It seemed like there wasn't enough communication between the her and the account manager. They ended up telling me that the movers were not going to be ready to deliver until the day after, and they actually did it. I got a call like the morning of the delivery and they said, “Hey, we're on our way.” The actual mover was really nice and very helpful, and it was a little cheaper than if I had rented U-Haul. So, it was good.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

Colonial Van Lines was a great service. They were on time and did what they said they would do. So, I'm very happy. I've used them before, too. They did a good job the first time, so then they got a repeat business. The only thing was about the guys that did pick the stuff up. I know moving businesses are very tough, and they're long distance but maybe their appearance could have been a little bit more presentable.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

The driver let us know wherever he was and the transport with Colonial took two weeks but that was fine because we had to drive across the United States ourselves. We had 200 boxes and we're still going through boxes. The legs for the couch are missing and I had to buy something to put on there. It's probably in one of the boxes. The reps didn't mark it so they couldn’t find it. We have 90 days to claim and I’m gonna have to make a claim on the legs but that’s minor stuff we’d be able to take care of.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

Anthony, the sixth person I had talked to Colonial Van Lines, was good and he was the reason I signed up with them. But I was frustrated and tired of the process. It was all good until I found out Colonial doesn't have trucks but they’re just a broker. That pissed me off because during the whole process I was told that they were the actual company moving my stuff and that didn't turn out to be the case. If I recommend them to my friends, I don't know what company is going to pick their stuff up. But the company that came out was good as well as the company that dropped my stuff off. Two items were damaged but it was not serious.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

My movers showed up late on the pickup for about three and a half hours after the latest time and during the drop-off, they were a day late. Other than that, I had a good experience with Colonial.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

Colonial’s initial customer service was the most helpful of everyone that I spoke to. I had a good customer service rep at the outset with the estimate, which helped quite a bit. Colonial was also lower cost than some of the more expensive moving companies. They were very good for probably a little bit more of a skinned down moving company. The window for delivery was a little bit long but they were very communicative throughout, and I was happy with my overall experience.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I got estimates from three companies and Colonial was not the cheapest. When I went to finalize everything, they were the only ones that kept the same price as they originally quoted me. They were super. They knew what they were doing and they did it really quickly. I didn't have anything that was severely damaged.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

The moving coordinators were very professional and they explained a lot. I just haven't heard back on some of my questions. I was charged a transfer fee, and I never heard back on that. Then they didn't even transfer my stuff from the truck they initially loaded it down. I took a picture of the truck before it left my place, and it was the same truck and the same loader when it came. The quote they gave was way under the one I paid, but that was all right. Overall, it went as planned.

Colonial Van Lines Company Information