Call toll free

Call toll free
Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.07/5
Visit Website

Colonial Van Lines is a family owned and operated long distance moving company providing full-service professional moving services. With over 50 years of experience in the moving and storage industry, they have the knowledge and resources to handle your move. Each year Colonial proudly services over 19,000 moves across the country. The friendly professionals at Colonial are ready to assist you with all of your long distance moving needs.

Colonial Van Lines Video
Colonial Van Lines Gallery (3)
View More View More

Colonial Van Lines Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: March 21, 2020

We Googled for the best moving companies and we contacted two separate ones. Since Colonial had the better price, we decided to use them. Everything went perfectly and the movers were very efficient. They communicated with us on what they were doing and it was well done. Also, I talked to several different people through the company and everyone I talked to was very helpful and very kind. The cost of their service was good, too.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I read the reviews and Colonial Van Lines had good ones. They also got a reputation. But when I hired them, one of my armoires got damaged during the move. I filed a claim and the process was easy but I haven’t heard anything yet. Other than that, they brought my stuff and everything was great. They were very professional, too.

Original review: March 18, 2020

I was having to sell my mother’s estate, and Colonial Van Lines answered back quickly. The services and expectations set by the moving coordinator was fantastic. It was a multiple redundant fee trying to get a right quote, but I didn’t have a problem with that. The assistance the account manager provided during the move was excellent. He stayed right on top of it. I spent four years in the military and I had to move twice in the four years that I was in, and it was uncomfortable having to get everything packed and getting everything moved. This, however, was the best experience that I have had. They handled everything perfectly. Everything that was moved was over 150 years old and none of it was damaged.

Original review: March 17, 2020

I was moving from Woodbridge to San Diego -- my wife passed away, so I decided to move closer to where my daughter lives. I used Colonial Van Lines because it had a good number of stars. Their moving coordinator was very good. I was listed for sale, and he immediately went to that picture and made it very easy. He was very easy to work with, and the services and expectations he set were very accurate. The account manager was very good, too. All around, it was a great experience.

Original review: March 16, 2020

I read that Colonial Van Lines was a good, big company and checked the reviews, which led me to choose them. Their driver was great and nice. I had doubts and a lot of questions, but they answered and explained everything. Moreover, the cost was fair.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Colonial Van Lines?

Original review: March 11, 2020

Colonial Van Lines has a good team. I was really impressed. The coordinator was wonderful and awesome. This one was following up and following up. I was really pleased from pick up to delivery. Everything was excellent and I will use Colonial again. I have talked to other people and referred them to Colonial.

Colonial Van Lines response

Thank you for sharing Yolanda! And thank you for the referrals!

Original review: March 10, 2020

My husband got a job in Delaware. I moved from Arkansas and I’m getting ready to retire from the military. Colonial's customer service was great. It was a two-bedroom townhouse move to a house and they went over the list by room. Everything was good. Other than that the third party payment from the employer was the only challenge. I picked the moving company. My husband’s company was paying for it and they were expecting to get an invoice. However, at the drop-off, the guys would not unload the truck until they got paid and so that wasn’t coordinated well. But the company used a debit card. They charged although that wasn’t how they normally do the process, they’d rather have the invoice.

The account manager was friendly and followed up to make sure that everything was going well with the movers. The movers came in and packed up everything. I never had that before. They helped me out a lot because when I unpacked, it made it a lot easier ‘cause all the boxes were labeled. I figured if I had done that myself, we probably would not be unpacked right now because they organized it really well. They also had plenty of boxes and I would be able to use those in the future. Everything was really good.

Colonial Van Lines response

Thank you for the review!

Original review: March 9, 2020

We were looking for a moving company and used Colonial before, so we used them again. The coordinator mentioned to us that once they'd come to pick up all the furniture, they would weigh it and come back with a slip to us. But then, the guys came, took everything and left, and they didn’t come back. We didn’t know why that was. When we asked the coordinator, she said that we had to go in the car with them and then get the weight slip, so there was a slight miscommunication there. The only thing we didn't know was how much it weighed, which was something we didn't like. Other than that, everything went well.

Colonial Van Lines response

Thank you for using our moving services again and for sharing your experience!

Original review: March 8, 2020

We moved from Broken Arrow to Las Vegas. I was given the price of about $3,000 and when I got everything in my house, it was almost $10,000. Once I got out here, I started giving it away, and I gave it away before I moved. We did most of the packing ourselves and Colonial packed the glass thing. The only thing is I’ve got a bad back and two broken arms so I don’t get around very well. The movers were good and the main guy was wonderful. They did what they’re supposed to do. I only had two things that were broken. Overall, I had a good move with Colonial Van Lines.

Colonial Van Lines response

We're happy everything went so well! Thank you for sharing

Original review: March 8, 2020

I was relocating from New Jersey to Florida. It was somewhere around 1,100 miles. It was good dealing with the coordinator from Endurance. Everything was smooth and accurate. They called me and said that someone was coming to pick up the stuff and they'd guide me through the whole move. They said it would take at least three days because they were only allowed to drive 500 miles a day. But the move was a lot faster than we anticipated. They picked up my stuff on Saturday and then the movers called me and said they were ready to give me my stuff on Sunday night. That was a little bit of an inconvenience. We didn't expect it to be that fast. I was still in New Jersey and I wasn't prepared. Then the moving coordinator said that that he was not working over the weekend but he'd call me first thing Monday and we'd hash this out. The trip was completed by Monday

Colonial was accurate with the pricing and the people who came to move my stuff were excellent. They offered help. They told me not to touch anything and that they'd take care of it. It took them about two hours to load everything up. The people who picked up my stuff were very good. On the other hand, I wasn't there to receive it because it was just so fast. When they dropped everything off, they only had one person working and I had to pay somebody to go over there and stand by with them because I wasn't there. She even had to assist and some things were very heavy. I kept calling Colonial because they needed help and they said they were sending somebody. It took them six hours to unload that truck.

Great review Mr. Ramon! Thank you