3.7/5 (71 ratings)
Find an Air Conditioners partner
Banner image

Need help with an HVAC system?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Carrier Heating & Cooling

Banner image

Need help with an HVAC system?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Carrier Heating & Cooling Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carrier Heating & Cooling?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carrier Heating & Cooling?

Original review: May 11, 2022

We had a Carrier A/C Unit installed in our home in 2018. A Technician has had to come out at least 2 times a year to replace high dollar parts in the upstairs unit and the outside unit. The first 2 years (parts on the unit started failing 6 months after installation) were in warranty and we only had to pay for extravagant labor costs. Now we pay for everything. If I could afford it I would replace this A/C in a heartbeat. We have a service contract with the company that installed it and they come out twice a year to inspect it, so it is not being neglected.

Original review: May 10, 2022

Contracted through Home Depot for HVAC units(2) and installation. They used ARS at the time. Had units installed and used 2 seasons. Now the compressor is out on one unit...repair estimate (labor only) was $2000; and blower and motherboard out on 2nd unit estimate of $800 plus parts. In my opinion, both units are defective if they only work 2 seasons on a 10-year warranty. Home Depot, ARS, and Carrier are all saying it is my responsibility to fix these units which are defective.

I spent $16,000 for the two units and do not want to put more good money into bad/defective products. Carrier says if the distributor comes out and declares them defective, they will replace for me, but ARS keeps putting off getting the distributor here. Complete runaround. And Home Depot says I did not purchase an extended warranty from them, so they have no responsibility...total runaround. I went through HD so I would have recourse in the event of inferior workmanship or product. All 3 companies are bad to me, but especially Carriers...bad product!!

Get buying tips about Air Conditioners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 23, 2022

My builder installed a Carrier 3.5 ton 18 SEER AC system. The coil began leaking at 39 months. Since the labor is only covered for 24 months I'm faced with an $1,800 bill for just the labor to replace the defective coil. When I contacted Carrier their comment was "yeah, that's a shame." I'm stuck with this unit now but given a choice in the future it will be a Trane or Lennox but certainly never a Carrier again! It's now a very poorly built product in my opinion and their attitude is awful.

Original review: April 20, 2022

Recently purchased a new Carrier Infinity heat pump, coil, and furnace with their newest thermostat SYSTXCCITCO1-B with smart zone stat as well. The Infinity line name should be changed to Inferior, as they are so far behind the times, they advertise Home Comfort but don't even have a fan option for auto circulate or Minimum fan run time. This feature helps evens out hot and cold spots, uses the filtration or UV system more effectively, and keeps energy usage from going through the roof. Try talking to customer service about the issue or maybe a possible update and they will just hang up on you. If could go back in time would definitely choose another Manufacturer.

Original review: March 24, 2022

We constantly have problems with this unit upstairs. It leaks and have had it repaired several times and it continues. We came home one weekend to have water pouring through the ceiling. I will never buy another Carrier unit.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

Two homes, one with Trane the other with Carrier. Carrier failed after 8 years and the company would not back up their warranty. Trane still running on its 15th years after a $500 repair on the control board. I am shopping for a new heat pump and I will never buy another Carrier.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

Found out they will use any minor detail to deny a claim. Buyer beware!! Was sold on the unit having a ten year warranty and soon as there was a problem they weaseled out on some minor detail in their warranty that you would not be aware unless you read it in detail. Then they deny that it's 10 year is not valid. Very poor customer service.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

On Dec 29, 2021, I had a Carrier Comfort 2.5 ton 14 Seers heatpump and air handler split system installed. It replaced a very efficient old Trane split system that was just too old and had broken down. The new Carrier heatpump has been nothing but a problem. On heat mode and auto fan it blows cold and ambient air through the registers and is constantly running. It kicks in auxiliary heat in the air handler often cause the heatpump is unable to provide enough hot air by itself to even warm the house and I live in Florida!. I expect my electric bill to go up by $300.00 more a month with this American engineered and built crap. The ac company and installers said this is normal for a Carrier comfort heatpump constantly blowing ambient air in heat mode and constantly running and hardly ever shutting off.

Tried calling Carrier to tell them the problem and they referred me back to the ac company. My foreign made Trane heatpump heated the house well before it broke down after 20 years of use. Heard that an American company bought Trane and the new Trane heatpumps being built are also crap. So, that is why I went with Carrier. Next time, I will buy a Bosch heatpump cause American products are poorly engineered and manufactured with planned absolescence, inefficient, not dependable or reliable.... CARRIER comfort American piece of crap.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

Please be aware when purchasing a Home and check for the AC Warranty. The installers are lazy and won't register your unit and even if you register yourself when installing a new unit, make sure you complete the paperwork for the extended 10 yr. warranty. The normal warranty is only 5 yrs. In my case, I found out after purchasing the house, that my unit's warranty ran out within 5 yrs from install and am SOL as far as getting anywhere with Carrier, even though the receipt from the company that installed for the previous home owner says 10 yr. warranty.

The Customer Service folks tell you that the 5 yr. warranty is up and nothing more. What I find more crazy is that the 10 yr. warranty is for the person who bought the unit and does not transfer. Generally people move within 5-7 yrs. This is a scam! Please do yourself a favor and shop around for other companies that have better products and good customer care solutions. I will never install any Carrier Products ever in my house.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

System gave us problems from day one April 2016, numerous faults first year in service fixed after dealer replaced the compressor (under warranty) system. Worked well until 5 months after 5 year warranty expired, Sept 2021. Warranty can be extended to ten years by registering at specific warranty site, no one made us the homeowner aware of this process. Had registered equipment at Carrier's thermostat site (apparently not the same thing). Intermittent fan motor issue on the outdoor unit, cost to replace motor and control 1887$. Not a reliable system, manufacturer goes out of their way not to pay for repairs, buyer beware!

Carrier Heating & Cooling author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Carrier has been innovating cooling technology since 1881, when Willis Carrier invented the slide rule, a circular calculating instrument that was the foundation of the invention of modern air conditioning. Carrier has continued its tradition of innovation in the fields of refrigeration and air conditioning, including introducing a more efficient refrigeration solution for retail grocery stores and expanding into the industry of sports complexes.

• Smart technology: The Côr thermostat works with most home comfort system brands and allows homeowners to control their thermostat from anywhere via any Internet-enabled mobile device. Professional installation makes it easy to get started using your new smart thermostat immediately.

• Rebates and financing: Carrier regularly offers rebates and special financing offers on some or all of their products. Make sure to check the website before you finalize your purchase to see if you qualify.

• Customized servic: Perfect for the homeowner who doesn’t know which product to choose, Carrier’s product finder is an interactive series of questions that guides online consumers to the products that best match their needs. Find it on the Carrier website.

• Troubleshooting resources: Carrier’s website has a thorough resource section for common issues that can arise with air conditioners. Check here first before spending time with a Carrier in-home expert. Any issues that cannot be solved with troubleshooting can be handled with a service visit from a Carrier in-home expert.

• Energy audits: Carrier energy experts know everything there is to know about heating and cooling. They can perform an audit on your home to help you and your family be more comfortable and save money on energy costs.

Carrier Heating & Cooling Company Information