3.9/5 (677 ratings)
Find an Air Conditioners partner
Banner image

Need help with an HVAC system?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Carrier Heating & Cooling

Banner image

Need help with an HVAC system?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Carrier Heating & Cooling Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carrier Heating & Cooling?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carrier Heating & Cooling?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

A Carrier air conditioner system was installed in our new built home. We. closed our home in 2020. It has only been 2 years since it’s been used and a major defect was found. We were informed a “coil” needs replacement by an HVAC service provider. This coil has a manufacturing defect and therefore it needs replacement in order for the unit to remain working properly. We are quoted $1,200 for labor, as parts are still under warranty.

After only 2 years the “coil” is needing replacement because of a manufacturing defect and we have to pay over 1k out of pocket. Carrier has refused to do anything about their manufacturing defect other than have the “part” covered. They have emailed me saying our case has been closed and there isn’t anything they can do. Do not buy from Carrier as they’re selling products with manufacturing defects.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

We spent more for the Carrier AC units for our house because we wanted something that was energy efficient and dependable. The units are NOT dependable. We've had for several years and they have broken down for a week or longer and the technicians have had trouble servicing them. The parts are very high tech and constantly being updated and so each time we have to have parts ordered and then when they are installed the technicians find other issues needing other very unique parts to Carrier. In the meantime we've gone each time typically a week without A/C in the middle of summer in Texas. I should've gone for a simpler AC unit with higher dependability instead of one that promises all sorts of high tech capabilities but keeps breaking down every year.

Get buying tips about Air Conditioners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

Bought Bryant hvac in 2016, outside coils went in 2017 and this month inside coils went - 5 and 6 years longevity. Part(s) not available and Customer Service said they would expedite. Almost 2 weeks later no word and home at 88 degrees. Couldn’t wait any longer. Would not recommend as feels system should last more than 6 years. Surprised by their good rating.

Original review: July 11, 2022

I had issues with my Carrier heater infinity’s system. The installer came out in 02/2022 and told me a damper motor was bad. Installer contacted carrier under warranty order part for the repair. That was in February and now in July still waiting. The part also affects my ac in one room. Installer can buy the part locally but I will have to pay for it. Glad carrier moved to Mexico. When the time comes to replace my system carrier won’t be on the list.

Original review: July 5, 2022

This product has cost us more than $9000 in repairs. The company claimed that it is a closed unit that should not need maintenance and yet we have had to replace a leaky interior coil, coolant, pay 600 for a leak test. This is the 3rd issue with the unit and apparently nothing is warrantied. All the work was done via Carrier recommended service people. What a waste of money and a company that does not stand behind their product. Don't buy. My next door neighbor has had a similar experience with the same product.

Original review: June 18, 2022

We purchased a Carrier ductless mini-split February 2017 through the Home Depot. February 5th, 2019, both the condenser and air handler were replaced by the original installation team. The inside unit was leaking water inside home and throwing black substance into home. Units were under contract for routine maintenance with original installer. The outside unit began making a loud vibrating noise when we started the 2022 summer season.

After diagnostics were performed we were given the bad news of a compressor needing replaced. The mini-split is THREE YEARS OLD! The repairman had Carrier on speakerphone when he told us the repair would be $1300. I heard the Carrier representative laugh when the repairman gave us the price. The compressor is covered by warranty, but the labor is costly. We are seniors, we trusted Home Depot, put our faith in their recommended product Carrier. Now we are out $5400 for the purchase and will soon be out $1300 for an expensive repair.

Original review: May 25, 2022

Noticed my outside unit grill over fan all rusted, this is only a 4 year old house. I live more than an hour from the water so why? I don't get it I moved here from a

home on the intercoastal in South Florida and that unit was 17 years old when replaced. NO RUST. Bottom Line no warranty coverage for this. My advice is don't let the BIG NAME fool you, their customer service is lip service. They suggested I call another dealer that might be willing to change the grill for me. When I asked if they would cover that the answer was NO. But maybe a dealer who didn't install my unit might. REALLY. And there you have it.

Original review: May 11, 2022

We had a Carrier A/C Unit installed in our home in 2018. A Technician has had to come out at least 2 times a year to replace high dollar parts in the upstairs unit and the outside unit. The first 2 years (parts on the unit started failing 6 months after installation) were in warranty and we only had to pay for extravagant labor costs. Now we pay for everything. If I could afford it I would replace this A/C in a heartbeat. We have a service contract with the company that installed it and they come out twice a year to inspect it, so it is not being neglected.

Original review: May 10, 2022

Contracted through Home Depot for HVAC units(2) and installation. They used ARS at the time. Had units installed and used 2 seasons. Now the compressor is out on one unit...repair estimate (labor only) was $2000; and blower and motherboard out on 2nd unit estimate of $800 plus parts. In my opinion, both units are defective if they only work 2 seasons on a 10-year warranty. Home Depot, ARS, and Carrier are all saying it is my responsibility to fix these units which are defective.

I spent $16,000 for the two units and do not want to put more good money into bad/defective products. Carrier says if the distributor comes out and declares them defective, they will replace for me, but ARS keeps putting off getting the distributor here. Complete runaround. And Home Depot says I did not purchase an extended warranty from them, so they have no responsibility...total runaround. I went through HD so I would have recourse in the event of inferior workmanship or product. All 3 companies are bad to me, but especially Carriers...bad product!!

Original review: April 23, 2022

My builder installed a Carrier 3.5 ton 18 SEER AC system. The coil began leaking at 39 months. Since the labor is only covered for 24 months I'm faced with an $1,800 bill for just the labor to replace the defective coil. When I contacted Carrier their comment was "yeah, that's a shame." I'm stuck with this unit now but given a choice in the future it will be a Trane or Lennox but certainly never a Carrier again! It's now a very poorly built product in my opinion and their attitude is awful.

Carrier Heating & Cooling author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Carrier has been innovating cooling technology since 1881, when Willis Carrier invented the slide rule, a circular calculating instrument that was the foundation of the invention of modern air conditioning. Carrier has continued its tradition of innovation in the fields of refrigeration and air conditioning, including introducing a more efficient refrigeration solution for retail grocery stores and expanding into the industry of sports complexes.

• Smart technology: The Côr thermostat works with most home comfort system brands and allows homeowners to control their thermostat from anywhere via any Internet-enabled mobile device. Professional installation makes it easy to get started using your new smart thermostat immediately.

• Rebates and financing: Carrier regularly offers rebates and special financing offers on some or all of their products. Make sure to check the website before you finalize your purchase to see if you qualify.

• Customized servic: Perfect for the homeowner who doesn’t know which product to choose, Carrier’s product finder is an interactive series of questions that guides online consumers to the products that best match their needs. Find it on the Carrier website.

• Troubleshooting resources: Carrier’s website has a thorough resource section for common issues that can arise with air conditioners. Check here first before spending time with a Carrier in-home expert. Any issues that cannot be solved with troubleshooting can be handled with a service visit from a Carrier in-home expert.

• Energy audits: Carrier energy experts know everything there is to know about heating and cooling. They can perform an audit on your home to help you and your family be more comfortable and save money on energy costs.

Carrier Heating & Cooling Company Information