1.8/5 (11 ratings)

Find Hot Tubs partners near you

About Bullfrog Spas

Bullfrog Spas is a hot tub and spa manufacturer based in the United States. The company offers several models for buyers to choose from, as well as customizable options. Its products are available from many hot tub dealers.

Find Hot Tubs partners near you

About Bullfrog Spas

Bullfrog Spas is a manufacturer of hot tubs and spas in the United States. Its products are sold in showrooms across the country and feature efficient plumbing and a sturdy base for lasting quality and easy maintenance.

Potential buyers can also design a custom-made spa or hot tub online. Customized hot tubs and spa pricing updates in real time so customers can make informed product and financial decisions. The Bullfrog Spas website also includes a wealth of resources, including warranty registration, buyer's/owner’s manuals, FAQs and instructional videos for maintenance, installation and more.

Bullfrog Spas types

Customers can choose from several Bullfrog Spas products or customize their own hot tub or spa. Bullfrog Spas products include:

• M Series Spas: Larger luxury spas with various features
    • STIL Spas: Smaller luxury options with multiple features
    • A Series Spas: Elegant spas that fit three to nine people, depending on model
    • R Series Spas: Midrange premium spas
    • X Series Spas: Value spas for families

If you choose to customize a spa, you can select colors, size, materials and other features and get an instant price based on the personalized selections.

Bullfrog Spas prices

The price of a Bullfrog spa varies based on the series, model and features. Customized spa prices also depend on the individual’s selections. Additionally, the hot tub and spa dealer's location influences the price.

Generally, Bullfrog Spa prices fall in the following ranges:

• Elite (M Series): $16,000 to $22,000
    • Luxury (STIL Spas & A Series): $12,000 to $15,000
    • Premium (R Series): $8,000 to $11,000
    • Value (X Series): $5,000 to $7,000

To reduce the overall price, opt for fewer spa features, choose a value model or inquire about dealer-specific discount programs.

Bullfrog Spas FAQ

Does Costco sell Bullfrog Spas?
    Yes, Costco sells Bullfrog Spas. Additionally, many Costco locations host special Bullfrog Spas events where customers can learn more about the various models and features.
    How long do Bullfrog Spas last?
    If maintained properly, Bullfrog Spas last anywhere between 15 to 25 years. If outsourcing maintenance, opt for a technician who has worked with the model you own.
    Is Bullfrog Spas a good brand?
    Yes, Bullfrog Spas is a good brand. The hot tubs and spas feature quality materials and offer a wide range of customizable amenities, including JetPak therapy jets, self-regulating water care and more.
    Where are Bullfrog Spas' hot tubs available?
    Bullfrog Spas’ products are available at dealers nationwide. Use the Bullfrog Spas website to locate the dealer or showroom nearest you.

Are Bullfrog Spas any good?

Yes, Bullfrog Spas are good. The wide range of value and luxury models offers a hot tub or spa for most budgets. Customers find Bullfrog Spas’ quality construction and installation to be beneficial in maintaining integrity throughout many years of use. Those looking for more affordable options may find that Bullfrog Spas’ prices are a little higher than what other companies offer.

Bullfrog Spas Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bullfrog Spas?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bullfrog Spas?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

Bought directly from the factory showroom. Love the look of Bullfrog over other brands. We bought the S150 swim spa. Came with a zero gravity hammock that is absolutely amazing. Jetpak seats are also incredible. Could not be happier with my purchase, and service from Bullfrog.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

My husband and I purchased a luxury spa from Bullfrog Spas in Missoula Montana in the summer of 2015 from owner Ben Hanson. It was purchased to relieve the pain I was experiencing from arthritis. Our problems with the spa resulted in the faulty lid that the company sold with the spa. The "Smartop" which cost $1600, was supposed to have a "3 year manufacturer backed Performance Assurance Guarantee", 'You'll never need another lid as long as you have the spa ".etc.. Well as it happened, within 2 years the lid began to leak. After numerous attempts to have it repaired, Bullfrog stated that "the lids had been nothing but problems for them and discontinued selling them". Unfortunately they would not stand behind the product they sold and replace the lid.

Fast forward 3 years later... I began to leave Montana for the winter and winterized the spa according to the manufacturers instructions. Even after covering the spa lid with 2 tarps to protect it from the weather the lid leaked enough that water accumulated in the spa and created an internal plumbing leak when I went to fill it the following spring. When I contacted Bullfrog in Missoula to repair the unit they would have to take the tub to their shop ($500 plus shop time), but they were 2 months out for pick up and over 2 months out to service the unit. It didn't make sense to me to have the tub repaired, redelivered, filled and then drained for use of a couple of weeks. I have tried repeatedly to have another spa repair business to come fix the leak but no one will touch a Bullfrog Spa because they are "extremely problematic to work on".

We paid over $13,000 for this spa. The customer service has been insulting and demeaning. I tried numerous times to speak with the owner about the issues we were experiencing with the spa and he would not return my calls. When I filed a complaint via the Montana Justice Department complaint division, the Bullfrog Store owner claimed I was an "entitled, undesirable customer who was only trying to get something for free from them". On the contrary, I merely want them to stand behind the product they sold. They certainly made money on a $1600 spa lid which turned out to be a defective product. Why not support your customers? Now we are sitting with a leaking tub, leaking lid and no one to service it.

If Bullfrog spas are so great and truly worth the expensive price tag then why is their service shop backed up for months with repairs? This is a company that sells to unknowing consumers and when the product turns out to be defective there is no one to turn to. I would recommend staying away from Bullfrog. They intentionally keep their customers from contacting them when problems arise and will not stand behind their products.

Get buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2022

We’ve had our Bullfrog A8L hot tub for just over 5 years. Literally at the 5 year anniversary (when the warranty expires), it developed a leak. We tried to contact Bullfrog, only to discover that customers aren’t allowed to contact the company. The company doesn’t publish contact information. You are required to go through the dealer. We contacted the dealer, and they made an honest effort to locate the leak while the tub was at our home. Unable to find the leak, the dealer took the tub back to their shop. After a month, they had “found and fixed” the leak. Got the tub back 2 days ago. We filled the tub, then cleaned and drained it. Filled it again, and let it run overnight to heat up. Discovered this morning that the tub is still leaking. The leak water pattern is the same as before, so nothing was fixed.

When we decided to purchase a hot tub (this is our first), we did a ton of research. We settled on Bullfrog for this very reason - leaks. Their design seemed like a good one to minimize the chance for leaks. However, there is more to a tub than the design. Construction of the tub is just as important as the design. Maybe Bullfrog should work on improving the quality of their hot tub construction. Slow down and build them right. We paid $12k for this tub. I guess we are expecting too much from a $12k tub.

This is not the dealer’s fault. This is poor build quality by Bullfrog. Had we known at the time we purchased that Bullfrog doesn’t stand behind their product - they won’t even talk to their customers - we never would have bought a Bullfrog hot tub. Winter is now here. I have a tub that I can’t use due to the leak, but I have to continue to fill and heat the tub to keep the water from freezing. The insulation is soaked from the leak, and will likely freeze and cause more damage to the tub. We are very disappointed, and quite frankly, angry about this. We will never purchase anything from Bullfrog again.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

We purchased a Bullfrog X5 spa a few years ago. It was great until we started finding leaks. And not just one leak, several. We have it inside our 3 season porch so it's not "outside" in the snow. We also wrap our porch in winter. We run the spa all the time so we've never needed to winterize it. The problem is the connections in the plumbing don't have any hose clamps, they're just pushed together and glued (cheap). We also had a leak coming from our light! When we removed the light the gasket was cracked in SEVERAL places!!

We had a spa repair man come out and he tested the water - it's perfect so there's no way that gasket cracked from wrong chemicals. Now we have more jets leaking from cracked gaskets and the tub is only 3 yrs old! The foam insulation is great until you have to find a leak...We've had to remove 75% of the insulation now just searching for multiple leaks. We fix one and find another. We are FED UP. Do not buy a bullfrog!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2022

Bought a Bullfrog R6 spa in 2018 from a dealer (Jelly Belly Spas) in MA at a big local fair. Was sold on the "Fair Special" of 2 years extra warranty. I decided to drain the tub before winter last year and made the big mistake of not completely winterizing the tub. My mistake, as a first time tub owner I didn't realize the necessity of doing this properly to avoid freezing.

So I start up the tub recently and lo and behold it is leaking. I contact Jelly Belly Bullfrog dealer and he states freezing is not covered under the warranty although it does not say this anywhere in their extended warranty blurb. Their response was this is "common knowledge". Not covered under warranty. I would have bet my last dollar they would weasel out of covering under warranty. Oh, and I must mention this guy was just plain rude. Not covered, not covered, not covered being repeated in our "conversation".

There is a more local Bullfrog dealership, Oasis Spas, where I should have bought this spa. I went to their location to talk to someone about advice on repairing the tub. No one from the service department was there so they took down my phone number and promised to have a service rep call. No sooner do I get home and they called. This man was outstanding. He was friendly, knowledgeable and answered all of my questions clearly and with detail. Right down to how to deal with the infestation of mice in the tub insulation. The contrast with the 2 dealers could not have been more striking.

For my conclusion: Bullfrog Spas does not provide any contact information to the company itself. They want you to go through their local dealers with all contact. What have they to hide? Clearly they don't give a crap about the people who shell out a lot of money for these spas. Jelly Belly Spas should not be in business. Just read their reviews and yet because they are crafty enough to sell their products to unsuspecting pigeons the manufacturer doesn't care. I know of 2 people that bought their spas from this the bogus rude dealer.

Does this not mean anything to Bullfrog Spas? Why do they insulate themselves from their customers? Have they tired of negative feedback about their product? So in all fairness since I'm fairly handy I've embarked on doing the repair myself. I am impressed with how these tubs are manufactured. Lots of insulation on both pipes and area fill. Seems like quality materials. I would, however suggest they pay more attention to mitigating the rodent problem. What mouse in a cold climate wouldn't fight to find themselves in a cozy, warm insulation cave?

Original review: June 10, 2022

Company does not stand behind their warranty. They refer customers to local dealer. Our local dealer is unresponsive and Bullfrog doesn’t assist. We are stuck with a broken spa and no option to have repair completed.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

After reading some of the poor reviews, I had to write my review. We’ve owned our spa for about a month now and we couldn’t be more pleased. We did a lot of research before making our decision and we’re so happy with that decision. Every aspect of our experience has been positive from the initial visit to the showroom, through the sales experience, to the installation, to the after sales help, we’ve been treated with the best of care. I would wholeheartedly recommend this product. Being in the customer care division of the company I work for, I know good service when I see it, and these folks have got it right.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

I purchased new spa last fall and immediately experienced rusting of jet surroundings. I was told to scrub rust off with steel wool pad which I did. Rust reappeared within a week and continues to worsen. Keep in mind I have water filtration and treatment system and waster is maintained at pristine levels. I was informed today that this item is not covered by warranty even though spa is less than 10 months old. To my knowledge, real stainless steel does not rust regardless of water conditions so it appears Bullfrog Spas is misrepresenting the quality of products utilized in construction of their spas. I will be turning this issue over to my attorney to resolve. As a side note, I have owned numerous spas including Jacuzzi and Cal Spas and never experienced such an issue. It appears Bullfrog Spas is utilizing Chinese stainless steel in their products.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

After spending AUD 25,000.00 on a spa that we thought would be far superior to the locally made options that are half the price (or less) we have had nothing but disappointment. The first disappointment came with the wait time which was nearly a year - the problem was only solved by us agreeing to take the floor stock model from the showroom - otherwise we would probably still be waiting. For one month the spa was good. Then the touch screen stopped working meaning we could no longer control the temperature, water care, lights or jets. Our original order included the wifi module so we could have used our phones to control the spa while we waited for a new screen to arrive. Unfortunately the floor stock model did not have this and so we are still waiting for the part.

We notified our local dealer of the fault on the 4th July. We are still waiting with no idea when the part will arrive or if it has even been sent 2 months later. Hours of phone calls and e-mails later I have no information. Try calling Bullfrog and you will see that you can never speak to a person and none of your calls are returned. This is a very bad sign on a company that positions itself as Supposedly premium quality and premium support. It seems the only way to be answered is to leave a negative review and even that is no guarantee. They blame shipping and distribution problems due to Covid and the Suez Canal but I have ordered many items from the USA via Amazon and have received quick and cheap delivery.

I have been trying to avoid leaving a negative review but feel I now have no choice. The screen does not even turn on now which means no pump or filter so I will have to drain the spa now and can’t use it at all. So disappointed. For what it has cost me financially (not to mention the headache and frustration) I could have spent a month at a 5 star resort and had a spa every day. As it is I’m left with a useless ugly lump in my backyard and no idea of when or if it will be fixed. Their promises seem to mean nothing.

Original review: April 30, 2021

After much research, we thought buying a Bullfrog Spa was a wise choice -- a little pricey compared to the competition, but the technology seemed a good bit above average. Unfortunately, there were several manufacturing and customer support issues which have soured us on the product. We should have known we made a mistake when we first tried to turn on the hot tub and nothing happened. Dealer had to contact the factory and was quickly told a bad batch of LED lights were burning out the control boards and promised a new panel would be sent overnight. (If the factory was aware of the problem why wasn't it fixed before delivery or were they just hoping it wouldn't happen on this one? And while I'm not an electrician, it just doesn't sound right that an LED bulb can fry a whole control board.)

One week later we had to follow up with the dealer in order to get them to install the new board. Once the tech got here he discovered the access panel did not properly engage with the frame but that we could make do with relying on the side trim to hold the panel in place (apparently another common issue that the factory was aware of but chose to not correct). He also the claimed the factory hadn't sent new LED bulbs and would it be OK if they did that later? (For some reason they had sent a new bulb cover plate that apparently had nothing to do with the problem.) Seemed like a reasonable request, except we then had to contact the dealer a month later to follow up for that service. We then tried to change the default programming to one of the available options so we could better manage the operating costs only to discover that the owners manual had several mistakes in describing those options.

Dealer correspondence with the factory was confusing and failed to answer straightforward questions, but it didn't seem like a battle that was worth fighting. Speaking of operating costs, we were never able to achieve the lower costs touted in the marketing material and would support the comments of others that their technology is relatively more expensive and not as environmentally friendly as other methods (shame on us for not doing better research before purchasing).

After coming to the conclusion that continued ownership was a path we didn't want to follow, we elected to sell our hot tub and inquired how stringent Bullfrog was in not extending their warranty beyond the initial owner -- we were hoping for some latitude since the spa was only 6 months old. Unfortunately, we weren't surprised that Bullfrog chose to continue the level of customer support we had experienced thus far and indicated that there was no flexibility in this area although they were looking into it for the future (I can only guess they hoped telling us that might make us feel better). Bottom line: while the products held a great deal of promise, the manufacturing and customer service execution make them, in our opinion, a poor value.

Take a Hot Tub Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Bullfrog Spas Company Information