Build.com

Build.com Reviews

About Build.com

Build.com is an online home improvement and remodeling store that offers a vast array of products with free shipping and occasional discounts. If you’re searching for home improvement products and want to compare prices online, visit Build.com’s website.

What is Build.com?

Build.com is a website that sells home improvement products. From bathroom sinks to deadbolts, the site has everything you need to complete a remodeling project. The company also offers special pricing for contractors and homeowners tackling multiroom projects.

Build.com offers a series of online resources through its learning center. Customers can access the learning center for design inspiration, step-by-step instructions and how-to guides for all types of home improvement projects.

How does Build.com work?

You can visit Build.com, browse the equipment and hardware and add products to your online cart as needed. When you’re ready to check out, follow the instructions to input shipping and billing information and complete the purchase.

Several shipping options are available, including free ground shipping on orders over $49. While Build.com does accept returns, the items must meet specific conditions and have been purchased within 30 to 60 days. Some items, such as paint, cannot be returned.

Build.com costs

Total pricing for products on Build.com is based on:

• The product you choose
  • How many items you purchase
  • Your shipping location and selection
  • Taxes and fees

For instance, a white Kohler farmhouse-style sink starts at $996.75. This product would qualify for free shipping under Build.com’s guidelines.

The website also offers a wealth of discounts and promotions, including up to 30% off select items, clearance products and coupon codes.

Build.com FAQ

Is Build.com safe?

Yes, Build.com is safe. Customers can review the website’s security and privacy policy page for further details.

Is Build.com a good company?

Build.com is a good company for homeowners looking to order parts and equipment for their home renovation or improvement project without hassle. Build.com is also ideal for contractors due to its professional pricing discounts and shipping policies.

Does Build.com offer free shipping?

Yes, free ground shipping is available on orders over $49. Free freight shipping is provided for orders of more than $1,499.

Who owns Build.com?

Build.com is owned by Ferguson plc. Ferguson plc operates in the United States as Ferguson Enterprises.

Is Build.com legit?

Build.com is a legitimate online store for home improvement and renovation products. The company stocks an extensive selection of home improvement tools, products and equipment helpful to those building a home or taking on a renovation project. It also offers significant discounts, coupon codes and manufacturer rebates.

Build.com Reviews

Stars Rating

• 7%
  • 93%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Build.com?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Build.com?
    Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 30, 2024

Buyer beware - they have a very strict 3 month return window. Most contractors take longer than that to start and or finish projects. After 5 months I tried to return unopened, unused bathroom hardware and was told no. My contractor took 3 months to even start the project and over a month to complete. I had no way of knowing the shower rod or fixtures I purchased weren’t going to work until the return window lapsed. Now, I am stuck with over 100.00 in perfectly fine unopened products. Also, the agent was so rude to me when I called to return, I won’t ever shop here again.

Reviewed June 29, 2024

I bought a bathroom sink for a new home we are building. My husband decided to put the "all in one sink and vanity tops" in. I tried to get a refund because I never opened or used the sink. I was told it was after the 90 days... "Sorry, and try to sell it yourself!" NEVER BUY FROM THEM! I WISH I HAD SEEN THIS BEFORE I ORDERED. When building a house, you want to be ready, though you don't know when something will be needed! This was NOT a long time after the 90 days!

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Verified purchase
      Customer Service

Reviewed June 12, 2024

I ordered a vanity cabinet and two wall cabinets. 2 days later, I got an email saying my cabinets were on hold and if I didn't call they would cancel my order. After weeks of searching. While I was on hold for 40 minutes, I decided to look up reviews for them, it felt like a phishing scam. The reviews scared me and so when someone finally answered and wanted my address, I told them I wanted to cancel. I got an email with the vanity canceled but not the cabinets, called back and they said they had to wait for a cancelation bounce back from the manufacturer before they could process the refund.

Nothing happened that day and I called again and the said it could take 48 hrs and I was asked to be patient. I told them I would not pay for return shipping or any shipping as there was no need to. Next day, nothing so I called numerous times, each time on hold for 20-40 minutes, sent emails that went unreplied to, used their on line chat with no response. I called the GM at the manufacturing plant in Canada where that day they moved the "on hold canceled order" from received up to "being processed for shipping". I told him he needed to stop it and send the cancel to Build.com so they could refund me.

Today, I see it shipped. I called again, was on hold for 25 minutes and the customer service person simple responded by disconnecting the call. I type this as I am on hold again, going on 40 minutes. Now I will have to get my bank involved to dispute any shipping charges. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!!!

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 30, 2024

Complete scammers, back ordered for months and only lets you know this AFTER you pay. Order finally arrived 2 months later only to be a completely different item. Customer service doesn’t exist. Never doing business with this fake company ever again.

Customer Service

Reviewed May 29, 2024

I have selected a main bathroom product on their website. But accessories are sold separately while showing their part numbers together with the main product. But their website is designed to waste us customers' time by forcing us to go through hundreds of tiresome pages while showing wrong products page after page. For example: After having selected a main product, you move to parts & accessory section, and then type its part number. Next, you will see, like 265 pages (my query qualified to check 265 pages) on the upper right-hand corner (Remember: you only need one part to locate) while every webpage showing ridiculously different products. Tried differently by typing both product name and part number - no difference. Name only - got worse.

After going through seven or eight pages, still no part I need to see showing up, I gave up. I also tried with other accessory product. All the same cycle to go through. Build.com website makes you exhausted. So I asked a help from "Contact Us." After sending out, their website produces no immediate response. Their website deviates from the customary practice as seen at millions of websites. By comparing with website of Home Depot or Lowe's, Build.com website is made in such a low-level and poorly designed that I decided to check complaints online, saw this site with a poor rating. I am convinced that I should look elsewhere. At website like "Consumer Affairs," we online shoppers are saved from avoidable troubles ahead. Thank you, Consumer Affairs!

Customer ServiceContract & Terms

Reviewed April 30, 2024

This website looks legit, they advertise quick and easy returns. However, this is very false-- returns are virtually impossible. The telephone number connects you with an automated medical device recorded sales pitch recording. I have also been in a cue 9 callers ahead of me, of 10 callers ahead of me. The chat line queue is 14 long. You can't even connect with a chat bot. There is zero customer service. This appears to be deceptively interfering with their sales contract for quick and easy returns. There seems to be no way to make a return.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed March 14, 2024

Contacted company at the request of my credit card company’s fraud division. Build.com had posted charges and I called to inquire for reason. Who purchased, what was purchased and where was it being shipped against my credit card. Representative was horrible and refused to help. Told me that Build.com had a fraud division but they do not speak to customers. Refused to forward my call to anyone else and laughed at my request. Have shopped many times at Ferguson’s retail locations and shopped on-line with Build.com in the past. Never again. Will address with a letter to Ferguson corporate. Extremely poor customer service in a bad situation.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Dec. 6, 2023

My order was placed on 12/1, as of today 12/6 not shipped, and no shipping info on website. I wrote them 2 emails requesting info, called the 1-800 number and left a message, and yet nobody responded to emails nor my call. I have an electrician scheduled to install the fixtures and they did not arrive and I even do not know when they will...Terrible experience. Stay away.

Reviewed Dec. 6, 2023

This year, I remodeled two bathrooms. We ordered about $8k worth of products from Build. We did have one issue about the quality of a Koehler product, but I worked with Build and they stood behind their commitment to customer satisfaction. Also, for reference, my daughter used Build to buy all her bath and kitchen needs for new construction ($18 k) -- and she was very happy. I'm not dissing the other reviewers, but we've really had excellent experiences.

Staff

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2023

I recently purchased a ceiling fan from Build.com. The price was $211. This charge was put on a credit card. Soon after I purchased the fan I noticed that $663.83 had been taken out of my checking account. Don’t buy from these people.

Build.com Company Information