Build.com

Build.com is an online home improvement and remodeling store that offers a vast array of products with free shipping and occasional discounts. If you’re searching for home improvement products and want to compare prices online, visit Build.com’s website.

BOTTOM LINE

Build.com’s extensive selection of home improvement products and brands is ideal for homeowners and contractors. Its wealth of discounts and free shipping help alleviate the cost of renovating a home.

PROS

• Rebate center
  • Discounts and coupon codes
  • Free shipping

CONS

• Might not have all items in stock
  • Products can be expensive
Build.com Shop Now

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

What is Build.com?

Build.com is a website that sells home improvement products. From bathroom sinks to deadbolts, the site has everything you need to complete a remodeling project. The company also offers special pricing for contractors and homeowners tackling multiroom projects.

Build.com offers a series of online resources through its learning center. Customers can access the learning center for design inspiration, step-by-step instructions and how-to guides for all types of home improvement projects.

How does Build.com work?

You can visit Build.com, browse the equipment and hardware and add products to your online cart as needed. When you’re ready to check out, follow the instructions to input shipping and billing information and complete the purchase.

Several shipping options are available, including free ground shipping on orders over $49. While Build.com does accept returns, the items must meet specific conditions and have been purchased within 30 to 60 days. Some items, such as paint, cannot be returned.

Build.com costs

Total pricing for products on Build.com is based on:

• The product you choose
  • How many items you purchase
  • Your shipping location and selection
  • Taxes and fees

For instance, a white Kohler farmhouse-style sink starts at $996.75. This product would qualify for free shipping under Build.com’s guidelines.

The website also offers a wealth of discounts and promotions, including up to 30% off select items, clearance products and coupon codes.

Build.com FAQ

Is Build.com safe?
Yes, Build.com is safe. Customers can review the website’s security and privacy policy page for further details.
Is Build.com a good company?
Build.com is a good company for homeowners looking to order parts and equipment for their home renovation or improvement project without hassle. Build.com is also ideal for contractors due to its professional pricing discounts and shipping policies.
Does Build.com offer free shipping?
Yes, free ground shipping is available on orders over $49. Free freight shipping is provided for orders of more than $1,499.
Who owns Build.com?
Build.com is owned by Ferguson plc. Ferguson plc operates in the United States as Ferguson Enterprises.

Is Build.com legit?

Build.com is a legitimate online store for home improvement and renovation products. The company stocks an extensive selection of home improvement tools, products and equipment helpful to those building a home or taking on a renovation project. It also offers significant discounts, coupon codes and manufacturer rebates.

Build.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Build.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Build.com?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I would recommend buying house repair items through Build.com. I bought two kitchen faucets. Their price was good, they applied the coupons automatically, and delivery was fast. The options to narrow search results could be better.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

You cannot return any appliances ordered from this site, and they don't tell you that up front. They have very deceptive practices and are a total rip-off. Their customer service is also horrible. Please share this post so others do not make the same mistake that I made.

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Ordered 2 replacement cartridges for a Danze/Gerber bathroom faucet. Both parts showed in stock when I placed the order and paid for the order. I was sent a tracking number and also an email a day later notifying me that there was a back order. I sent an email to Build.com to see why there was a back order when both parts showed in stock. This was the response returned to me: "I contacted Danze and they confirmed the 101 shipped out today with tracking **. The 102 will ship out today or tomorrow but they just do not have tracking as of yet. I apologize, the back order date was an auto generated email from the manufacturer. Let me know if you have any questions."

The order arrived 2 days later but missing one item. The day the order arrived and I saw what happened I immediately sent a reply email to the person notifying them of the problem, but no response has been sent by the next day! I then called Build.com and waited at least 20 minutes for the next available agent to help me. When he answered my call I gave them my order number and explained that when I ordered they showed several in stock for both items but I did not get one of my items. He said that the shipping was scheduled for a month from now from the manufacturer. I explained that they showed in stock and I also received an email from Build.com saying that they would be shipping shortly. He then said that the manufacturer is out and it won't ship until next month.

Basically he didn't care. I said that this was bait and switch tactics. He said that they i.e. Build.com do not warehouse anything. They are strictly online ordering and send it to the manufacturers to fill. If the numbers are not right it is the manufacturer's fault. SO they have no dog in the fight and could care less if I buy or not because you buy online thinking that it is a large operation by the description of the web page but all they are is an office that is an order processing business. So I will never use them again and would recommend to others thinking of using them to be buyer beware. They are a lot of show but no go type of online company. The reason for ordering was that they showed in stock. But hindsight is that they don't stock anything at all!

Build.com Company Information