2. Elder Care
  3. Stair Lifts

4.8/5 (215 ratings)

About Bruno Independent Living Aids

Bruno is a third-generation, family-owned-and-operated company committed to designing and manufacturing the highest-quality stairlifts and accessibility products to help people with mobility challenges retain their independence. Made-in-USA Bruno stairlifts are manufactured exclusively in Wisconsin, United States - and proudly installed by local experts who live in, support and serve their local communities.

Pros

• High weight capacity
  • Good warranty
  • Affordable option available

Cons

• Only available through dealers

Bottom Line

Bruno Independent Living has a good range of stair lifts, with important safety features and some stylish options. Though the curved models have fewer aesthetic options, they are still compatible with most staircases.

Bruno Independent Living Aids Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bruno Independent Living Aids?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bruno Independent Living Aids?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

The stairlift helps but it's bigger than I anticipated as far as taking that room on the stairs. Also, the seat was too small. They had to get a different seat and back. And the bottom footplate is way too far in. I could hardly get my feet on it. The seatbelt wasn't long enough, because they got an extension and it didn't fit. Also, I'm not happy with the transition joint. It’s not a smooth ride over it. But that was the way it was. It’s overpriced compared to other things out there.

Bruno charges for training, which is supposed to be my training. But it must be their training because I didn’t get any training to speak of. They started to show me how to use the stairlift, but I had to discover that there were hand controls on the device itself. They showed me the remotes. So, I try to go up and down and hold the remote in one hand, and hang on to the chair on the other.

Bruno Independent Living Aids response

Bruno does not charge for training. Our dealers usually reinforce how to use the stairlift, including pushing the armrest control to go up/down and swiveling the seat to exit, before leaving the home. Our standard seats are generously sized, but we do have options for an extra-large seat and footrest. Glad to hear you were able to switch to the proper size for your unique needs. We will reach out to you and work with your local dealer to ensure you completely understand how to safely operate your lift. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

Once the chairlift was installed, going up and down the stairs became a breeze. So I'm very grateful for the benefit it has given me. It has improved my life enormously. Brian did an incredible job setting it up. He worked like a demon. He worked neatly and installed the chairlift. He was also clear. He knew exactly what he was doing. There was no mess and fuss. It happened so fast, I could hardly believe it.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

Some reps came out and took pictures of my stairway. They did everything they needed to and had my stairlift built. Then a guy came and installed it. Morgan was his name and he did an excellent job. They also did a virtual tour the other day from Seattle. My back is sore all the time but now, at least I don't have to crawl up the stairs.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

My Bruno stairlift has afforded me the mobility that I need. It’s wonderful.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I'm a veteran and I got my whole right leg amputated due to cancer, so the VA purchased the wheelchair lift from Bruno and they put it on my truck. It's pretty cool. It goes all the way through the driver's side, and then it'll go up and put the wheelchair in the back of the truck. I like it. It's working well. I'm gonna be using them to get some driving equipment put in, being an amputee, so I look forward to working with them.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

We had a lift put in the van to put the scooter on, and that was a Bruno. The installation went great. The installers were really good to work with. After they got it installed, they showed us all about it and what to do to maintain it. The quality is good.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

The sales rep came in and gave me the options of which ones are available. We’re a big family and a little heavyset, so we chose the 400 pound one. We got the straight one. Two gentlemen showed up and they had stairlift installed in a matter of a couple hours. They explained everything to us, how it works and went over all details once it was installed then I got on there, tried it out, and it worked fine. Once we fold it up, it’s compact enough. However, my father told me yesterday that the stairlift was doing something funny. He said it was getting a knocking noise when it was halfway up, but we ran through it a couple of times and it didn’t do it while I was listening. I figured I would wait and see if it happens more often and give Bruno a call.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

Bruno had the best reputation and I liked that their stairlifts are made in America. I like Wisconsin. They seem to have a great deal of pride in what they do. The sales visit was very good and I was very pleased with the company, EZ Able. They answered any question. During the installation, the guy was great. The stairlift is making a little bit of a sound though and I need to call them. The stairlift has made all the difference in the world in our life. We were going to have to sell our house. We live on the lake and my husband loves it, and he didn't want to leave. This has made him be able to stay and enjoy it. We've had three other couples that are going to have to get chairlifts, and we have convinced them to do this.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

A number of the disc in my spine and my knees are deteriorating and the Bruno stairlift made things a lot easier. My wife was never gonna use it but her knee was bothering her and she ended up using it too. It was really easy to operate. I get up the steps and I'm not ready to pass out. I feel safe when I use it. Just for instance, when I came to the hospital last time, I needed to come by ambulance. An ambulance came and I had an infection set in to my body. I couldn't stand up and the people would have to take me up in a chair. Every little movement of my spine hurt tremendously. They just wheeled me to the stairlift and was able to put me on there. Instead of banging the steps with the ambulance chair where I would have been in such excruciating pain, I was able to traverse the steps rather easily with the stairlift and then they were able to put me onto a stretcher and take me out. It was a good experience overall.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

The salesperson was professional and gave us options on two different kinds of stairlifts. We went with the single rail stairlift and it fits well in the stairwell. But I still haven't figured out how to install the banister on the other side. The installation went fairly smoothly as far as putting the parts in. They had some difficulty in getting the unit itself to operate properly. But they did get it working within the prearranged install time. So they didn't have to come back. They finished it off that day. My wife uses the stairlift and she likes it. It’s taken away the stress from her going up and down the stairs. In fact, it's opened up the downstairs to her.

Bruno Independent Living Aids Company Information