Bruno Independent Living Aids

3x Award Winner
Selected for having one of the highest satisfaction rates for Best Customer Service, Best Experience with Staff and Best for Installation
4.8(2,178)

3x Award Winner

About Bruno Independent Living Aids

Bruno is a third-generation, family-owned-and-operated company committed to designing and manufacturing the highest-quality stairlifts and accessibility products to help people with mobility challenges retain their independence. Made-in-USA Bruno stairlifts are manufactured exclusively in Wisconsin, United States - and proudly installed by local experts who live in, support and serve their local communities.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • High weight capacity
    • Good warranty
    • Affordable option available
    Cons
    • Only available through dealers

Stars Rating

• 84%
    • 12%
    • 3%
    • 0%
    • 1%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bruno Independent Living Aids?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bruno Independent Living Aids?
      Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed June 29, 2024

The installation was fast. I expected a much larger production. The servicemen were knowledgeable, polite, and answered every one of my silly questions. I had to be taught how to use it and I did do wrong and I had to call them back but they answered my questions over the phone and figured out what I was doing wrong. Also, it's a little slow and makes more noise than the stairlift my parents had. But other than those, it's a great product.

Installation & SetupPricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed June 29, 2024

The reps from Bruno brought out and showed the materials. They spoke softly so that you could understand. They made sure you understood what it all entails. The installation was very good. The installers were quick and they explained and showed us how to use the machine so I was very pleased with them. They came at the time they were supposed to and did the job. Bruno was a little bit more expensive but the service was good. I would recommend them. The stairlift has helped my brother significantly. He has been in the house every day for months and he uses it every day.

Reviewed June 29, 2024

The stairlift fits into our stairwell pretty well. My wife likes it.

Installation & SetupStaff

Reviewed June 28, 2024

Bruno Independent Living Aids was the best available stairlift. It's a wonderful product. I'm very happy about it. Everything works fine. People who have come to my house said, "This is really wonderful." The installation was perfect. There were two wonderful men here. They worked and were done much faster than I thought. They did a great job. Everything was clean and I could recommend them highly to anybody.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaff

Reviewed June 28, 2024

The installation went very smoothly and if you call Bruno with a question, if they're not there, they get back to you immediately. They answer all your questions. I would recommend them to anybody. They're friendly, kind and personable. The stairlift gives a person the mobility to go up and down the stairs and to get out a little bit. Everything has been on point and very good. It’s been a wonderful experience.

Reviewed June 28, 2024

I like the Bruno stairlift. It’s great. I like going up and down the steps because my vehicle and my laundry is in the basement. It makes me go up and down easily. I don't have to climb the steps.

Reviewed June 28, 2024

A guy came and looked to see if they could put the stairlift in. The stairlift goes up and down just fine and fits good in the stairway. My husband is very happy with the Bruno stairlift and doesn’t have any trouble at all with how it’s working. I use the rail and both hands going up the steps now.

Installation & SetupStaff

Reviewed June 28, 2024

Bruno did a good job with the installation and providing us with the information. The techs were very good. They were honest, respectful and kind. The two guys explained how they were gonna do it and how it was going to affect the switch because the plug had to be close to the lift. They also explained how the stairlift is gonna fold once it goes in and where it's gonna stop. They were thorough and cleaned up their mess. The stairlift is very safe. It's got a seatbelt. The only thing I've noticed is it's not quiet going in and out, up and down. I recommended Bruno to a friend and another one who also has VA. He said he was going to apply for it. I sent him the picture and how it works. If I'm not happy, I'm not gonna recommend it.

Reviewed June 6, 2024

He can't walk. To get up and down the steps, he uses two crutches, and I'm always afraid he's going to fall and break his neck. The stairlift has helped a great deal. He could get up and down the steps, which is very good for him because otherwise, he couldn’t.

Reviewed June 6, 2024

The rep came out and gave us a quote, and told us about the different options of products. We chose the Bruno and we got the chairlift that curves. My mother uses it every day. She loves it. It's a godsend.

Reviewed June 5, 2024

Our Bruno stairlift is good. We like it. It's given us a lot more mobility. Even though it's a little slower, we can still get things done up and down the steps.

Reviewed June 5, 2024

We went through Miller's Sales and when the salesman came out, we talked about that our daughter doesn't have any core support so she would need a five-point harness or some kind of harness for her to be able to sit in the chair and go up the steps. They didn't order the proper brackets that they should have and they had to come back out and put that harness on. Also, we're still waiting on a lap belt because the one that's built into the arms of the seat is more for an adult and our daughter is nine. It's been very frustrating working with Miller's but the chair itself is fine. It's been very helpful to us since we've been able to use it.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 5, 2024

Bruno is wonderful. They're very responsive and very quick. There was a little hiccup in the beginning and they had to remake the stairlift. They have good customer service. The stairlift has made my brother able to live. It allows him to go up and down the stairs. It's going up to bedroom and bathroom, down to a living room and then down to the kitchen. They did a custom spiral thing and the overall quality is excellent. It's very clean-looking and durable.

PricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed June 1, 2024

The Bruno stairlift is working out well. It looks like it is supposed to look like, and the quality seems good. I would recommend Bruno. The rep who came had some brochures and she told me how the stairlift worked and how much it would cost and that was all I needed. It was very clear and simple how it worked and the price was okay. The presentation answered everything I needed. They told me they scheduled an installation date. So, I knew ahead of time what was going on. It was very well done.

Price

Reviewed May 31, 2024

The Bruno stairlift has been very good for my mother-in-law, where she can go up and down the stairs with it. It's convenient to have and has given no trouble thus far. Whenever they installed it, the installer had me and wife ride up and down on it. It's a straight stairlift because it was going to be very expensive to do the curved because you had to buy both sections and they had to cut it off. So it was much cheaper to do two straight sections because we bought a used section to use for the two-step. Then we used Bruno for the full set of stairs. I have recommended them to someone at my church that was looking at some stairlift and they came by and looked at it.

Reviewed May 31, 2024

The stairlift is working well. It's a tight fit but there's room. I wouldn't have put it in if I didn't think it would help me and it's helping.

Reviewed May 26, 2024

The Bruno stairlift gets us from one floor to the next and the quality is good. I plan to stay in my home for as long as I can and the stairlift will make it longer.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 26, 2024

Bruno called me and said that a guy would be coming out to put the lift on my truck for the wheelchair and that he was also going to put the stairlift in. They told me that he had extra help but when he showed up, he was the only guy they sent out. But he’d done all right. He'd done the truck first because I could put it in the garage and out of the weather so I could get it done. When he worked on the stairlift, he showed me how to use it and after he left, I tried it a couple times. I don't know whether it's the way he put it in or my steps, but when coming up the steps, you can hear it. Other than that, whenever it comes to the top, it’s got to slow there then once it hits the very top, it stops there. I get off, turn it back around, fold it back up, then I grab the remote and I move it off the top landing, because I cannot close my basement door with it up there. It's too close.

One evening, I came up to the top of the steps and the wife handed me something. I turned around on the seat, never got off it, and I went to go back down but the stairlift never moved. It just gave me an alarm. Bruno told me that I'm not allowed to touch it because of the warranty and that maybe I crushed one of the foot switches in there. But it never touched anything and never ran into a step. Plus, I only weigh 198 pounds. They said they'd have a guy here to fix it. It went off last Friday and they said their guy would be out on Tuesday. Then they said they were booked up and would probably come on Wednesday or Thursday. I called them yesterday and they said it was not going to be this week and that it would be next week. I told them I couldn't do without the stairlift because I come in through my basement and up the steps to get in. They then said they'd give me a call back. They called me back later and said they'll be here today.

Reviewed May 26, 2024

The Bruno rep was really nice. He came out and set everything up and he was great. My parents like the stairlift. They said it's nice. Their old one takes up a lot of room. But this one definitely has more room on the steps.

Reviewed May 26, 2024

The Bruno stairlift is comfortable and convenient. I like that it's made in the USA. My stairlift is curved and I feel like I'm on a roller coaster. But it's great. It's a game-changer. When you do that, whatever your problem is as far as the mobility issue is, and you put that, life changes. A simple thing of, "I left my phone upstairs. Can I go up those 14 stairs and then come back down?" It's not a source of frustration where you think, "Oh, no. I have to climb the stairs."

Reviewed May 24, 2024

The stairlift is getting my wife up and down the steps. The quality is very good. It's life-changing.

Reviewed May 24, 2024

We had the Bruno stairlift put into the stairs in the hallway and I like it a lot. The house is made for stairlift to be put into it. It fits in nicely.

Reviewed May 9, 2024

Bruno's installers came and put the stairlift in. They were polite and discreet in their job, and left. They had to come back on the thing that turns the seat. It was a good experience. The stairlift does its job and we're very pleased. It has been a great help to my parents.

Reviewed April 29, 2024

Bruno did a great job with my stairlift. I love it. The guys that put it in let me ride it up. They had to readjust the seat because my knees were touching too close to my wall when I was going up on it, so they adjusted the seat where I could sit back closer. That way, when I go up to the top, I can get off without any problems. It's got a straight curve, both of them. It goes up to the top level. It's 14 steps approximate to the flat bed up the stairs then it goes up some more stairs that was why they put that beam in there right down to go all the way up to the top step to the top doorway.

Installation & SetupPunctuality & SpeedStaffWarranty

Reviewed April 29, 2024

The stairlift is something that we had to invest in for my mom to get a bit of mobility for herself. It’s working out. Westchester Stairlift sold the Bruno stairlift to us and advised us. It was what they had and this was what they offered. It was the most suitable option for the space that I have. Westchester's reps were quite prompt. They showed us a brochure and explained the installation and I had them do the job. I have a lot of trust in them and I hope they will still be there in the future if I have to get any service or additional support from them. They gave a full assurance that they will show up in an emergency if there's anything that involves a warranty. The product is new in the home and it's working well. So fingers crossed, if I need support in the future Bruno will be there to back up their product.

Reviewed April 28, 2024

We like Bruno very much. Our experience is great with it. My husband is now able to go upstairs and sleep upstairs. I've had both my knees replaced. So, I'm using it too. It's great. We have a straight stairlift and its quality is excellent. We're very well-pleased with it. It's wonderful to have it and be able to stay in our own house.

Reviewed April 28, 2024

I've been very pleased with the Bruno stairlift. In this day and age, I was very happy to find something that was better known and made in the USA.

Reviewed April 27, 2024

I love the Bruno chairlift. The quality is good. I like it. It helped me greatly.

Reviewed April 27, 2024

It seems a lot of money for no more than what you get but so far, the stairlift has worked out well. What I like about is I get on right up here in the step, swing the seat and go down the steps.

Price

Reviewed April 22, 2024

The stairlift is expensive, but it works fine.

Bruno Independent Living Aids Company Information