4.8/5 (204 ratings)

About Bruno Independent Living Aids

Bruno is a third-generation, family-owned-and-operated company committed to designing and manufacturing the highest-quality stairlifts and accessibility products to help people with mobility challenges retain their independence. Made-in-USA Bruno stairlifts are manufactured exclusively in Wisconsin, United States - and proudly installed by local experts who live in, support and serve their local communities.

Pros

• High weight capacity
  • Good warranty
  • Affordable option available

Cons

• Only available through dealers

Bottom Line

Bruno Independent Living has a good range of stair lifts, with important safety features and some stylish options. Though the curved models have fewer aesthetic options, they are still compatible with most staircases.

Bruno Independent Living Aids Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bruno Independent Living Aids?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bruno Independent Living Aids?

Original review: July 13, 2022

The rep was very professional and the installers were very nice. The stairlift is excellent. I can go up or down the stairs whenever I want, which is great.

Original review: July 9, 2022

So far, our Bruno stairlift has worked okay. Looks good, too. The installer was also a nice guy.

Original review: July 8, 2022

Taylor was the salesperson we dealt with and she was just golden. She talked to me like a human. She wasn't real pushy selling. She was just a human being and that was the best part of it. She made it really easy to make everything go. The installer was also great. He worked and did a really good job. It was done before we knew it. I've been diagnosed with MS and the stairs just got harder and harder every day. So, the Bruno stairlift has been a lifesaver. The only thing that could have been better is downstairs, where the track comes down, it sticks out. If there was a way to push a button in the feet to come down, ‘cause bending down is a little bit of an issue. But I've figured out how to make that happen.

Original review: July 7, 2022

I got a Bruno curved stairlift and it has top quality. I like that it keeps me from having to walk up and down the stairs. It's a little cumbersome but not bad. I've grown used to it.

Original review: July 5, 2022

We love the Bruno stairlift. It has given us some mobility that we didn't have before. So, it's great. So many of my colleagues are not aware that the stairlift is potentially available through the VA so I'm trying my best right now to spread the word to those that could possibly use it. The only issue that we have is the right arm won't stay up when you get out of it. It's heavy and when it falls, you feel it. You can't get out of the way and so it has hit me several times. So I called the VA and told them about it. They said they would get back to somebody and get it taken care of.

Original review: July 4, 2022

The sales rep from Bruno was a nice guy and I had a very good experience with him. The guys who installed the stairlift were very friendly and professional. They got it done quickly. The quality doesn't look too bad. Me and my husband are young, but we live in a house with stairs and we knew that we would someday have to have it anyway. And we can't pack the dog up and down the stairs.

Original review: July 3, 2022

The young man who came for the installation knew his business. We love the Bruno stairlift. It gives me more stability. We only had it put on half of the stairway because most of the people who come to the house come in through the front door, so they don't need to face a stairlift when they walk in the door. I can make it up from there, that's not a problem. It works perfectly. It was a wonderful experience working with Bruno.

Original review: July 2, 2022

The installers of our Bruno stairlift were very good with what they did. They were quick. The stairlift is working pretty well. I was totally satisfied. I’m just concerned that the other one is making noise. The rep told me to give it a few weeks. But it's been longer than a few weeks. They said they can come back and readjust.

Original review: July 1, 2022

My mother feels safe with the Bruno stairlift. The model that we got doesn't power rotate. She needs to rotate herself and she was a little uncomfortable initially. But she’s getting there. There's a seatbelt and it's nice. I would like for mom to be able to use it. The thing is, she can buckle herself in, but she cannot unbuckle it because the button is a little stiff. It’s pretty low on one side, so she couldn’t really reach it. It’s really hard to reach if you have limited mobility with your shoulder, or are not tall, so your arms are not too long. For a person who’s below average height, and especially somebody elderly, with some arthritis in the shoulder, it is really hard to unbuckle. So, she ends up not using it.

There’s also a lever that you need to push to rotate the chair. In order to know that the chair has rotated all the way, sometimes this lever goes up and you can hear a click and that’s good. But sometimes, it has a very soft sound. It just very quietly moves up. It’s hard to gauge If the chair has rotated all the way or not. If there was an audible beep, just like there’s a beep when it reaches the top from the bottom, that would have been nice.

Original review: June 30, 2022

The Bruno stairlift is much quieter and faster than our old one but it’s still not very fast. It still takes a while to get down the basement, but we're happy with it. We were also very satisfied with the installers. They came and did it so quickly.

Original review: June 29, 2022

The installation of our Bruno stairlift went fine. They had it done the first day. But then they came back and they did some more things because they had to plug in, and my wife didn't like the way the bulky wire was coming around on it. So she said that needs to be hidden because we have a buffer on the hardwood floor on the bottom and it would hit it as it goes close to the wall. They fixed it. They were also very courteous. The quality of the stairlift is excellent.

Original review: June 23, 2022

The Bruno sales rep was a nice guy. I liked him a lot. There were two guys who came for the installation, and they were excellent. The stairlift is wonderful. It helps my husband 100%. He didn’t want one in the beginning, but we got one and he loves it. I would highly recommend Bruno. The quality is wonderful. Bruno is an excellent company to work with, and we’re very pleased with them.

Original review: June 16, 2022

The Bruno stairlift seemed like the best deal. My wife has ALS and the stairlift made it easy for her to get up and down the stairs. We got three of the stairlifts because we have a split entry. We have one that comes down off the split down in the basement, one that comes from upstairs into the foyer, and one that covers about three steps going into the garage. They're fine.

Original review: June 15, 2022

The dealer was extremely friendly, very knowledgeable and treated us very well. They came out, put it in, got it taken care of real well and cleaned up. Installation was under four hours and it was excellent. The stairlift is also excellent value for what it is and what it does. I can go down to the basement, which I haven’t been able to do for some time now, especially during storms.

Original review: June 10, 2022

The quality of our Bruno stairlift is good. It even works when you come home with your heavy groceries to put on the stairlift and send them up those seven steps. Bruno helped a lot. I'd recommend it.

Original review: June 9, 2022

The Bruno stairlift works fine. It’s very helpful.

Original review: June 8, 2022

The installation of the Bruno stairlift went smoothly. The unit runs as expected. It seems like a good unit. My dad's at the max capacity of it, so I could tell it's straining. It's a max capacity unit, so this is the heaviest duty of all the stairlifts out there. If you're looking for a heavy-duty unit, Bruno would be the one I would recommend.

Original review: June 5, 2022

The installation of our Bruno stairlift was great and I enjoy it. We're going to have to make a modification at the bottom of the steps, but it's gonna take a while to do that. Right now, the chair at the bottom of the steps has very little room to move when I get down there. If we take this wall off, we'd have to shorten that one. They talked about that one long piece on the steps. They said they can do that. I love the stairlift. I didn't need it so much for going down. But coming up, I'm so weak and I have a really bad shoulder from a car accident years ago and going up the steps was very difficult.

Original review: June 4, 2022

All is well with the stairlift. The only thing I want to do is call them and see if we can speed it up a little bit.

Original review: June 2, 2022

My wife can't make the stairs. So in order for her to come home, they had put her in a stair glide. The fella that put it in was a nice, young man. He came from Easton, Connecticut, and I used to live over near there. So we talked a little about that. But it was a very, very nice job, and very professional-looking. I’m very satisfied. I'm also using the chair because I’m a semi invalid myself. It's been a help if I go up and down the stairs myself. Everything is working good.

Original review: May 31, 2022

I live in a three-story house, and I’m 85. I was thinking about moving to a one-story, but I like my house and I thought having stairlifts is a lot more reasonable. My son’s a contractor in Newport Beach, California. They install a lot of elevators and chairlifts in homes, and they recommend Bruno. The installers were great. My son’s always saying on their job, “You better keep everything clean because my mother’s gonna come and inspect.” They did the same thing. They left no mess, and it was perfect. All in all, Bruno is a really good company, and I’m very pleased with the people that did the installation. They were fast to respond, and everything’s great. Now, I don’t have to move into a one-story house. I like the stairlifts.

Original review: May 28, 2022

I really thought that Bruno is the more quality company. We were able to go to the store and try the products and ride. The installer was one guy all by himself. It was amazing. The installation was quite a job for him to do and he did it really quickly too. He was really good. The stairlift goes so slow. We joke about it. Having the lift is really a big adjustment, but it helps me not to have pain. The only thing is there's a little footrest and it's not built to take your weight. Also, the chair is so short that when I go sit down, I have this urge to put my feet on the footrest and push standing up so I can scoot myself back in the chair further because it's so short. I realized, "Oh, gosh, I better not be pushing on the footrest like that." So, I just quit using the footrest. I just leave it folded up and I'm hanging my feet in the air. The chair could be longer and they could make that footrest stronger so that you won't break it with your body weight.

Original review: May 27, 2022

My wife has been using the Bruno stairlift and she's very happy with it. Its quality is very good. It's quiet. It's not very fast, but that's fine. The installation was very quick. I work from home, so it happened while I was working, which was very painless.

Original review: May 26, 2022

The rep from Bruno was very knowledgeable, which was one of the reasons why we went with him. He explained everything. And the two men who came to install the chairlift knew what they were doing. My cousin and I live together and she cooks a lot. So, we have bowls and pots and we never could bring them downstairs because both of us are in our 70’s. With the chairlift, I’m able to bring stuff downstairs. We got a freezer downstairs too so, if she needs something, she could go downstairs or I go downstairs. We don’t fall down the steps. So, it’s great. The chairlift made us both comfortable about going up and down the steps. It makes us feel that we’re gonna stay longer in the house because we’re able to utilize everything. It has helped because when I used to come up the steps, it was tiring and it’s not now. So, anybody should have it.

The chairlift fits great in the stairwell. I was concerned because we got a banister and the reps moved it out about six inches so the banister is still there in case there is anybody who doesn't need the stairlift. You don’t have to take that away. I’m amazed that I always thought the chairlift was gonna be more than what it was. It’s expensive but it’s affordable for anyone that needs it and I would recommend it. I was telling my cousin about it and I gave him Bruno’s name. I said that if he ever needs it, I would recommend it because he’s in his 70's also, so he wants to stay in his house as long as possible.

Original review: May 25, 2022

I am a polio survivor and had a chairlift on my stairway that was way too old. I called the company that I deal with for other mobility issues and Bruno was the only option they had. Matt was my salesperson and he was an A-plus. He knew what he was talking about, coming and going. The main install guy then came with an assistant. They took out the old chairlift and put in the new one.

This chairlift I have now is too big for my stairwell. I can no longer haul my laundry basket because it's on a basement stairway, which is very narrow. I've been experimenting with laundry baskets that will fit with me and the chairlift on going down the stairs. That's been an issue. Other than that, this chairlift made it much easier to get on and off because it has a swivel seat on it, which my other one did not have. The problem is that it only swivels at the top of the stairs and doesn't swivel at the bottom of the stairs. That doesn't make sense. I'm stuck with the same issue of a very difficult on and off the chairlift at the bottom of the stairs. I'm on a very narrow stairwell and trying to get off. I hit my forehead on the wall when I get off because it won't swivel. I already talked to the agent about that issue. He told me about the chair not swivelling in the beginning. I followed up by telling him how I liked it and he said to let him keep working on that.

Original review: May 24, 2022

I used to have one of the Bruno crane lifts and one of the scooter platforms and they did me good. So, I also got a Bruno stairlift. I've dealt with Terry for quite some time. As far as the quality of the stairlift, it looks good. It's streamlined.

Original review: May 23, 2022

The speed in which they got the stairlift installed was terrific and the guy that was here was very polite. The only thing about the stairlift is there are bumps. It's not a smooth glide all the way up to the top. It's not a big deal, but that's the only thing I've noticed. Otherwise, I'm very happy with it.

Original review: May 22, 2022

I liked the salesman. He was great. He talked to us and we compared other companies and the quality of the stairmaster. Bruno seemed like a very reliable company and that was what we were looking for. The installation team was very, very efficient, and very business and nice. They explained everything that they were doing. I really liked them and I would recommend them to anybody. They are there when they say they are going to be there at a certain time and you make an appointment. The quality of the product is great and I'm very secure using it and that kind of x's out the cost. It's not cheap but it's an investment.

Original review: May 21, 2022

101 Mobility put in my Bruno stairlift and they did a fantastic job. Also, the quality seems pretty good. I got two installed outdoors and it's a good product. I like it.

Original review: May 20, 2022

The installation went very smooth and so far, the stairlift is working really well. It's good for my parents. They can get up and down the stairs easily.

Bruno Independent Living Aids Company Information