4.8/5 (181 ratings)

About Bruno Independent Living Aids

Bruno is a third-generation, family-owned-and-operated company committed to designing and manufacturing the highest-quality stairlifts and accessibility products to help people with mobility challenges retain their independence. Made-in-USA Bruno stairlifts are manufactured exclusively in Wisconsin, United States - and proudly installed by local experts who live in, support and serve their local communities.

Pros

• High weight capacity
  • Good warranty
  • Affordable option available

Cons

• Only available through dealers

Bottom Line

Bruno Independent Living has a good range of stair lifts, with important safety features and some stylish options. Though the curved models have fewer aesthetic options, they are still compatible with most staircases.

Bruno Independent Living Aids Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bruno Independent Living Aids?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

The sales rep went over every little detail that I can think of and the installers did the same when they came. The functionality and performance of the stair lift have been excellent. It has made traversing the stairs so much easier for my parents. Also, it folds up, which makes it easier for other people that don't need to use a stair lift to be able to get up and down.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

They were very nice and they responded to questions. The rep was very nice. He came when he was supposed to come and he was helpful. There were some delays because of the stairlift not shipping to 101 Mobility when it was originally intended but other than that the installation went well. The installers cleaned up really well and went over the instructions and the remote. They had us try it out and they were very helpful. My stairlift takes up a lot of room but there weren't many options because my parents live in a split foyer. But it's attractive and it feels secure. It's very smooth and solid.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

The installation went well. My mom loves the stairlift. It helped tremendously because it was 13 steps she had to go up and down.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

The fella from Bruno came over, then we proceeded and the installers came by and put the stairlift in. They were very good. We had another fella with another brand here before, and we were looking at having to drop a power supply down from a switch right in the foyer. Bruno's guy looked around well enough to find there's an outlet totally hidden under the stairway. Even if we didn't need it, I'd leave it there because it's cool. We like our stairlift very much as well. It seems very well-made and I like the narrow, elegant rail compared to other things that I've looked at in websites. A lot of people are just laying down a rail, a flat piece of aluminum on horizontal. First of all, they're wider and, second of all, much less elegant than a vertical rail.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

A Bruno rep came about a year ago and gave us the price and it was so outrageous at that point in time. My husband and I said no because we have a foot-level house and it was for a curved lift. When he came back, we were talking about it and we opted to go with two individual stairlifts, one for each level. The price was a lot cheaper.

The installation went great and it was a lot quicker than I thought it was gonna be. This stairlift has made it so much easier to go up and downstairs. I don't put off doing things now because now I can go up and down the stairs without pain. The only problem I have is that one of the units will start beeping when nobody's around it. It may be my cat. She may have hit it when she's doing her charging up and down the stairs.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2022

The rep who did the installation of the stairlift was a very nice young man. He did a thorough job and explained it as he went along. He did very well and cleaned up behind himself. if people are at the age where they need a stairlift or a family member may need one, I would recommend that they try Bruno out because it's not heavy. It's light and all you gotta do is take care of it and it'll take care of you.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2022

I got the stairlift with straight steps from Bruno and it seems to be very good quality. The installation team that came out was good.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2022

The installer was good, and the quality of the stairlift is nice. It is underneath a covered porch and it sets along the side of the stairs. It's really good for the person I'm taking care of because she has a hard time breathing when walking down the steps.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

We had the opportunity to test the stairlift at the business and where we purchased it and we liked the overall options that were provided with the stairlift with respect to the weight. We liked the looks and feel of it. My husband and I both need assistance for getting up to the second floor and the stairlift is working out very well. It's very helpful.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2022

The stairlift works right now and hopefully, I won't have any problems. But there was one day that I pushed a button and it didn't go up. I pushed it down and then pushed it back up again. Also, it's running at one speed and as it gets to one place, it's like a little hiccup and then it continues.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

The Bruno stairlift looks great to me. It makes it a lot easier for me to get out and go somewhere.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

I spoke to their rep Anthony online and he was really nice. Their installer Tyler was really good. We like the stairlift and we can't wait to start using it more. Everything's been wonderful with them. They told me when they were coming and they arrived on time.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

The sales rep that came out was great. He didn't try to upsell me anything and talked me out of some of the things that I wanted to do, which he said weren't beneficial for me to have. I had three stairlifts installed and the installation was very quick and efficient. The guys that came out did a good job. One man for the inside one and two did the outside at different times.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

I had a real excellent service and everything went well. If I had to recommend Bruno to somebody else, I would.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

The Bruno stairlift is an excellent product. The rep was very positive about it and I like it very much.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
Original review: Nov. 27, 2022

The installation went well, but the installers were having difficulty getting the old chairlift out. They had to cut it but they didn't have a blade and they tried to cut it with the old blade. Someone had to go and get a new blade and they were finally able to cut it. At the top of the steps, when the foot rest is down, the Bruno stairlift doesn't go all the way up. The foot rest stops it. It's a little inconvenient. It hits the last step so I have to reach under, pull it up and then go all the way up and turn the chair to get up. I almost had to lean out of the chair to reach down. I'd be up at the top of the steps, so I could topple all the way down.

Bruno Independent Living Aids response

Our stairlifts should travel smoothly to the top landing and allow you to turn the seat up to 90 degrees at the top to exit away from the stairs. We will be reaching out to you to learn more about your situation, and work with the dealer, to ensure the stairlift is properly, and safely, installed.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

The rep was informative and easy to talk to. He was happy to address whatever questions you have. The techs who did the installation went right to work and got it done. The guy who initially talked to us about the chairlift taught us how to use it and asked if we had questions. He was very nice and relaxed. We need a wider stairway though. It's narrower if you're not using the chair and you're carrying stuff up the old stairs. I noticed my son accidentally beeps the stairlift once in a while when he’s carrying something. It is nice because it beeps whenever you do something because the grandkids are not supposed to be messing with it. And the way it’ll beep, it’s like the chair tells on you. I'm happy and delighted with the Bruno stairlift.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

The service from the sales rep was great and he was very informative and nice. I got a straight stairlift from Bruno and it is good quality. It takes up very little space when it's folded up. The installers were clean and thorough.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

The Bruno rep was fabulous. He explained everything and how the stairlift works. He was very thorough and left me the brochures. It was two females that put the stairlift in and they were very nice and laughable and we had a good time while they were getting through. They were thorough, they trained me on all the aspects of the chair, and they upgraded the seat for me so that I would have a better ride as opposed to a plastic seat. This one is cushy and the armrests are really nice. Just a good, all-around experience. Their customer service was also excellent. Any questions I had after the fact, they answered right away.

I love the stairlift. The equipment itself is very durable. I carry a lot of stuff down with me. Before, I'd have to store everything here downstairs until somebody stopped by and then I grab them and say, "Can you take all of this upstairs?" I don't have to do that anymore. I can take everything up and down myself. It's wonderful to have the mobility of getting up there and doing what I need to do and being able to come right back down and go back up, which I could not do physically.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

The tech's work ethic was very good but the motherboard wasn't working properly. The tech went back to the shop and got another one but they didn't have a new one. So, he ordered one and came back to install it. The ride going up and down with the stairlift is good. I'm very satisfied with it.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

The rep and the installation techs were fine gentlemen. The techs put the rails together. Having the chairlift makes heading for the basement easier. I'm enjoying it.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

The reps were wonderful and Bruno is a very good brand. That's the brand of the lift that we had in our van. The stairlift fits very well into our stairwell and I'm very pleased with it. I have an open stairwell and I feel so much more secure and safer with the stairlift.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

I love the Bruno stairlift and I'm very happy with it. I like the convenience and it works very well. I get up the stairs and I could turn the chair and do what I need to do. It’s good and I don't have to crawl up the steps.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

The sales rep was awesome. I have a wide stairway so the stairlift fits perfectly. I just collapse it every time I'm through with it so that it takes as little space as possible. The two gentleman who installed it were very friendly and professional, and explained everything clearly. I’m happy with the Bruno stairlift and I show it to a lot of my friends who probably, someday, will have to have one too.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

The fellow that I talked to at Bruno came down and told me that he could do the stairlift for 4,200. It needed some carpentry work at the bottom to make the landing bigger and add a stair down in the other direction. So, he had that done. I was happy with the bid because it was almost 3,000 less what that other guy was talking about. We had to put some stuff downstairs and rather than having to carry it, we put the stuff on there. So it worked well for us. The Bruno stairlift has taken a lot of worry off our mind because every time we went down the stairs, we were nervous. I had to put an extra hand rail in so we'd have two handrails. It was so steep. We didn't go down the stairs very often because of it. So the stairlift made our life easier and relieved a lot of stress from us.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

The sales rep and installers were very good. My husband uses the Bruno stairlift faithfully. I don't like the looks of it though. It’s a very ugly appliance. But it's going to enable us to stay in this home.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

The Bruno sales rep came out and did the initial setup. It was simple and easy. But four days after I had the stairlift installed, the chair shifted and I almost fell out of it down the stairs. Somebody came out to inspect it and apparently, parts of it were welded on backwards and the chair was at the wrong angle. There's nothing they can do so they're just gonna have to redo the whole thing. So, I haven’t been able to use it. I don't feel safe on it. It makes a noise. But when the stairlift worked, it was great.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

The VA sent three people to measure the place that we were going to install the lift. They called me and said that they would be bringing out the stairlift the next day and asked what time was good. Bruno did a very good job and John is so happy with the stairlift. He loves it because even though it was only three steps, at 104, three steps are hard. When he has to go to the doctor, my husband and I try to help him down the steps or lift the wheelchair down the step. And for John, the stairlift is a blessing because now, he doesn't have to go through all that agony he was going through before, going down the steps. The stairlift is perfect for us.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

The stairlift fits very well into the stairwell and the quality is fine. The only thing is the lever or bar which activates the footrest is out of reach. It's very uncomfortable for me and I almost fall off of the chair. But other than that, the stairlift has made my life a lot better.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

The sales people were good as well as the installers. I’m impressed with the Bruno's product but it’s expensive. They got to come down on their prices so people can afford them.

Bruno Independent Living Aids Company Information