Ariens Riding Mowers

Compare Riding Mowers

Research top Riding Mowers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Thank goodness this was purchased at a steep discount from an individual. I am absolutely stunned by how hard it has been to get this piece of junk rolling. It throws both the drive and the mowing deck belt about 15 minutes into mowing. The belts get torn up in the process and it is hard to find them. The repair places won't touch them because they say the company purposely makes it hard to discern parts by not publishing parts lists. Not sure if that's true but I am passing on what I am told. I do find that belts at Home Depot in Texas often list the name Ariens but no model numbers. I am at my wit's end and considering draining oil and gas and pushing it into a swollen Brazos river to be washed out to sea so nobody else has to endure this nonsense. I have owned many brands and models and this is the worst. Might keep the Briggs motor and scrap the rest. Total Junk!

My husband likes this mower. We bought it from a friend and he was rough on those and broke them, and we've only replaced the grass collecting bins. My husband cuts the grass once or twice a week but it doesn't have wheel to steer with so I can't use it.

As I read all these positive reviews for the Ariens riding lawn mower and I've come to the conclusion that I must have purchased that one piece of junk lawn mower that Ariens made. I've had this lawn mower for two years and it still does not start properly. I've drained the gas, switched the spark plugs and had a professional mechanic look this lawn mower and it still does not work properly. I can barely go up slight incline without the wheels slipping. On two occasions, I had to get my son to help me push it back up the hill, honestly. The turn ration is horrible. I have to cross my fingers because I don't know if it's going to start or not and eventually I wound up using my push mower. I was gullible and let the sales rep a Home Depot convince to purchase the Ariens. I would not recommend this lawn mower to my worst enemy.

Zero turn should be different because they know their riding mower is junk. Because all they make is zero turn riding mowers now. Anyway My rider is like everyone else it is junk. The kill switch is so my 100 pound boy can't mow because he doesn't weigh above for the switch to know he is on the mower. The drive pulleys last about 25 hours and then they break. Because the kill switch is not designed right and my mower dies if I barely move it kills the mower with a load on it. My mower has 215 hours on it now and it smokes because of the kill switch is not right. This mower cost more than craftsman and craftsman are much better. I don't have a zero turn so you guys don't know what we have junk.

I could have bought a John Deere for what I paid for the Ariens mower. Ariens used to have good mowers and they know this. Go to their website, the only riders they sell now are the zero turn ones so that proves they know the regular rider mowers are junk or they would still make them. My rider was a 25 hp Kohler with a 54-inch deck so one like that should last a lot longer than 200 hours. It a shame they only care about money. Now they used to have a good name, now it is mud. And all you guys how buy the zero turn and break don't know what we have gone though. Because if you did you wouldn't buy a Ariens mower from **!!! Anyone who sells junk and doesn't stand by their name!!! Just ask anyone who bought a regular mower in 2016 they are junk.

My wife bought me a brand new Ariens riding mower from Home Depot for Christmas. The mower was shipped in a crate and I live in a 4 season state. Once I opened the crate come spring it would not go forward or backward. I went to the Home Depot it was purchased at. They stated the 90 day warranty was up so they couldn't replace the brand new "broken" mower but they could pay for a local company to fix it. I then proceeded to call Ariens in an attempt to get a replacement mower and was told that I had to take it up with wherever I bought it even though I already explained my situation. Once the mower was fixed (several weeks later) the same plastic transmission piece broke again just before the end of the mowing season. Once again we called Ariens and they referred us back to Home Depot.

After Home Depot paid for this to be fixed then another factory part broke and the repair company said "They are just cheap plastic parts". Once fixed the transmission went out again. Home Depot stated they would contact us for a repair. After more than a month and two calls to them we still didn't hear back so I called Ariens again and they basically told me tough cookies. Home Depot is who I need to talk to. I do not recommend Ariens mowers. They are poorly made and they do not back their products. I just started a new Lawn Care business and most certainly will not be using anything from Ariens or Home Depot ever again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ariens Riding Mowers?

Pricey but you get what you pay for in quality and this is a high quality mower. Again, you get what you pay for cuts. Amazing and reliability is second to none. Very safe mower, I've had no issues whatsoever, always felt safe when operating this mower. Does it all with ease and no complications. It's actually fun to mow your lawn. Fast and razor sharp, close cut, makes it do any job of any length with ease. I love this mower, I just can't say it enough. I'll never go back to John Deere. I've cut fields with this mower and had no issues or repairs to speak of. It's invincible, just change the oil, sharpen the blades when you're supposed to. Routine maintenance is all that's required.

Real good value. The mower is wonderful. I use it when I get a chance. If I was you I would get one. It does a wonderful job cutting grass. Blades are the best. The safety features are really wonderful. Kids would not get hurt unless they are really smarter than the mower. My kids have never got hurt on ours. The mower's speed is amazing. I put it on the highest speed and go. It is a really wonderful mower and I would suggest everybody has one. Durability is great but not as good as it should be. Should be more effective but is not. But in all I love the mower. Durability is important but in this case it's OK because its a wonderful mower.

It is worth the money. It does everything it is suppose to do and that it advertises. It is the best machinery if used in a long time. I would recommend this product to anyone. It had multiple guards and the instructions are very straightforward. You shouldn't have no safety related issues with this product. This item is amazingly safe to use. I did all of the work in half the time I would usually spend doing this same work with the tool I used to use. The durability of this item is amazing. I ran over seven rocks in a row and it still worked. I love how durable and easy this product is to use.

Good quality mower. Good price for the product. Very reasonable expense for what you get. I'm satisfied with it and would purchase again if given the opportunity. Good safety features. You really don't have to worry about getting hurt when cutting the lawn but if you're an idiot. But even if you're stupid, this mower makes it a lot harder to get hurt. Not too fast that you feel out of control but quick enough that you can move at a good pace and get the lawn mowed reasonably quickly. Not going to win any lawnmower races with it though. This mower is a quality build. They rarely construct products with this kind of build quality these days. You can just feel the detail that went into design and parts of this mower.

I got it for a great deal through Sears. I opened a credit card with Sears and paid off the value of it. It was great because I was able to stretch out my payments. It's pretty self-explanatory. It has a kill switch that works much like an emergency brake in a car. It does not operate without a key. This cuts lawn care in half. I've got a pretty big yard. With a traditional mower it took about 3 hours. It takes 45 minutes including cleanup with this mower. I see it lasting a very long time. It is made out of durable materials. It handles regular wear and tear quite well. It will get hit by yard materials but will be okay.

I thought the value was very reasonable for the mower. It performs as expected and have no real complaints. It makes cutting my 1.5 acres easy (relatively flare lawn). Good as advertised. Safety features were as to be expected. Auto switch off. Everything you'd expect from a quality zero turn riding mower. I didn't find it to be dangerous at all. It was very fast and can cut grass without slowing. About 8 mph which is a good speed and will cut tall grass easily at that speed. Very efficient. Had the mower for 2 years and have not had durability issues at all. Keep it clean and changed oil is about all that needs to be done.

Good price and good product. Great value for your money. No issues with purchase and great customer service. Always there when I had a question or needed any help using. Definitely recommend. A lot of thought and attention placed on safety. Wish more companies would make safety a priority like on this. If safety is your top priority don't look elsewhere. Speed could be a little bit better however I am not going to complain. It is at the industry standard, no better and no worse. However the safety features more than make up for the speed. There have been no major issues, really no issues with durability. I've had zero problems and the machine holds up very well. Better durability than the competition.

Great product for the price. I would definitely recommend this to other consumers. If I need another mower I will definitely consider Ariens. The safety features on this mower are top of the line, just like everything else about the mower -- top of the line all the way. The durability is great.

I did a lot research before purchasing. Price comparisons as well as reliability and power. Ariens came highly recommended. Would definitely recommend. The safety features on the mower are very nice. My son can use the mower without much concern from me worrying about him chopping his special parts. The speed is amazing.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Ariens has a long history, starting back in 1933 during the Great Depression. This family-owned business focused on innovating the rotary tiller before moving on to other lawn equipment, such as riding mowers.

• Zero turn mowers: The company focuses solely on zero-turn mowers, creating innovative models with the latest technology.
  • 5-year warranty: An extended warranty protects the riding mower and provides peace of mind for the homeowner.
  • Financing: Ariens provides a financing program to help homeowners afford their riding mowers with affordable payments.
  • 25 HP engine: These mid-size engines provide enough power for most residential lawns.
  • 52-inch mowing deck: The largest riding mower has a broad mowing deck capable of handling multiple acre lawns.
  • Best for Residential homeowners seeking a powerful and affordable mower option.

Compare Riding Mower