2. Homeowners

Shop on Ace
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.49/5

Ariens Riding Mowers Shop on Ace

Ariens Riding Mowers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ariens Riding Mowers?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ariens Riding Mowers?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

Bought a new deluxe 30 efi snow blower fall of 2019. Used it only twice because of very mild winter. This year first snow would not run right. Took to dealer and they replaced some control board. Next snow ran good for ten minutes then began acting crazy again then died completely. Has been at dealer now over a week and still not fixed. Now they say throttle body on ordered. So 8 to twelve inches of snow forecast for tonight and here I sit after spending 1900 dollars on what was supposed to be a good machine. Very dissatisfied with this product.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

The mower deck belt breaks after 2 hours of use. No one stocks the belt locally. If you buy this mower keep several spare belts as they have to be ordered online and generally take a week to get if you can find the right belt. Bought this from Lowe’s and they do not stock belts for it. It has been a bad experience from the beginning.

Get buying tips about Riding Mower delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 21, 2019

I bought this tractor 6 years ago and this year the reverse gear went. The rear end is a sealed unit. Called around looking for someone to repair it and was told by 3 people to junk it. A lot of money paid for this and now it's useless. Will never buy another Ariens again.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I bought this for my daughter in GA from the Home Depot. She mows 3 acres of flat grass. From the beginning the mower belt kept falling off but she is handy and got the hang of putting it back on. Now it’s 3 yrs old and falling apart, she just had the mower deck attachment welded back on and now the entire right side mower deck has fallen apart and is unsafe to use as the blades are no longer covered and the frame has broken and hits the blades. This mower is a piece of junk. I gave it as a gift but have given her a huge headache and subpar piece of equipment that isn’t safe to use. I would not recommend this mower to anyone...Home Depot won’t touch it, Ariens says to take it back to place of purchase....no one wants to own this piece of crap and I spent $2k!!! Plus an $85 mower belt and $100 repair bill for welding the mower bracket back on. It’s a nightmare.

Original review: July 4, 2019

Cut at 7mph on 2in setting it cut grass like golf ⛳ course - a very excellent zero turn machine with heavy duty rear end welded deck and 25 hp Kohler engine. 20 in tires does not tear up grass when turn around quick plenty power??? Would buy again - rated 10 out of 10.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Purchased Ikon 42 zero two weeks ago. Mowed a yard with sweet gum balls threw a belt not once but 3 times the last time it threw tension spring, has 2 hours on it. We took back to the dealer they said they didn’t know why it was doing it. The dealer told me to get in touch with the sales rep. I did. He asked how I paid for. Unfortunately I paid cash. I reached out to Ariens Corp. They really don’t want to hear your problems, matter fact they sounds like they are into sales not service or good customer service. They told me to refer to the warranty and the dealer. We have a friend who also purchased one and is in the shop with the same issue. I definitely wouldn’t recommend Ariens Mowers.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I have a Zero Turn Ariens 42". USA made. At the time, it was a good price. Only had one repair, head gasket leak. It is fast, top speed of 9 mph. I see now, Cub Cadet and John Deere price is not that far off today. I do miss having a regular ride on. Zero Turn can will tear up a lawn on turns no matter how well you steer it.

Original review: March 23, 2019

We bought our unit from Home Depot in August 2014, and have only had one major issue with it not long after we purchased it, and the process of that being covered fully under warranty went 100% smoothly, up to and including transportation of our mower to and from our front door. We've had our unit for 4 years, and the first year it was used on a heavily wooded quarter acre lot that did not mow easily. It's been used in its intended application the last few years on a nice and smooth quarter acre lot that can be mowed well in half an hour, and still works very well for us, even though it will be going on its fifth year soon.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I received a Ariens 17.5hp lawn tractor from my children for Christmas 2 years ago and within the first 2 months of using it to mow, one of the drive pulleys for the tractor, (which were plastic) broke so I went to the nearest authorized dealership which was 30 miles away to get another one and I was informed that they had to order it which then took about 6 weeks to get in. Then about 3 weeks later the engine developed a knock in it that gets louder when it gets warmer. I took it to the so called dealership after having it for about 3-4 weeks. They tried to tell me that it was the points.

They must have thought that I just fell off the manure wagon. This dealership in Michigan seem to be morons. I found out later that this authorized dealership does not like to do warranty work because the factory does not pay very fast and they don't like to wait for months on end for their money, so they do everything they can to discourage Ariens owners. After numerous attempts at no avail I am now stuck with a Ariens riding mower that I cannot use. So, in my final comments I would very strongly encourage future potential Ariens customers to look at other name brand products and that in further research I also found that this company is not an ACCREDITED company. Meaning that it does not meet a certain standard of quality and service. I don't like giving reviews like this but I feel that future customers need to have a idea of what kind of product they might be buying.

Original review: July 28, 2018

Two things. First, it (Ariens 19.5hp 42") was not the best product for my purposes in the first place. My property has many trees and obstacles and the clutch drive was ridiculously inefficient and frustrating. So, no fault of the manufacturers, I include it only to help others make an informed decision. Secondly, there is no simple way to realign the wheels when they inevitably toe out. Realignment means purchasing new draglinks at $50 each. After the second time having to replace these parts we chose to replace the mower completely for one with a hydrostatic drive. This product may be great for those who have wide open clear spaces with long runs, but if you frequently have to navigate around anything in the yard, then I suggest looking elsewhere.

Ariens Riding Mowers author review by ConsumerAffairs

Ariens has a long history, starting back in 1933 during the Great Depression. This family-owned business focused on innovating the rotary tiller before moving on to other lawn equipment, such as riding mowers.

• Zero turn mowers: The company focuses solely on zero-turn mowers, creating innovative models with the latest technology.

• 5-year warranty: An extended warranty protects the riding mower and provides peace of mind for the homeowner.

• Financing: Ariens provides a financing program to help homeowners afford their riding mowers with affordable payments.

• 25 HP engine: These mid-size engines provide enough power for most residential lawns.

• 52-inch mowing deck: The largest riding mower has a broad mowing deck capable of handling multiple acre lawns.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team