2. Homeowners

3.8/5 (236 ratings)
Shop Now Ace

About Ariens Riding Mowers

Ariens Riding Mowers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ariens Riding Mowers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ariens Riding Mowers?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

Mower deck vibrates excessively when blades are engaged. Even running at full throttle. Much worse than my Cub Cadet mower. Also Kohler engine is a gas guzzler. I am sorry that I bought the mower. It is not worth the money that I paid for it. Do not buy an Ariens!!!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

They are Pretty much trouble-free. It Cuts even tall grass well and does not take up too much room in the garage. It's Good for all size yards. It doesn't require a lot of maintenance. It's not ugly or bulky.

Get buying tips about Riding Mower delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 30, 2021

I switched to Zero turn Ariens. I really do not have any issues! Only regret I should get a bigger mower than the 52” I own! The Ariens was my choice after viewing many other brands! I also wished the rear wheels were much bigger in diameter!

Original review: July 29, 2021

I bought the zero turn Ariens 34" cut and never realized what I was missing. I previously used a Sears and Honda riders and it took about twice as long to cut. Bagging and mulching is great also. Wish I would have purchased one of these a lot earlier. This mower is very easy to clean and work on. The battery is easily exposed by tilting the seat forward and the the engine cover lifts up so the mower has everything accessible. Love it.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

Bought a new deluxe 30 efi snow blower fall of 2019. Used it only twice because of very mild winter. This year first snow would not run right. Took to dealer and they replaced some control board. Next snow ran good for ten minutes then began acting crazy again then died completely. Has been at dealer now over a week and still not fixed. Now they say throttle body on ordered. So 8 to twelve inches of snow forecast for tonight and here I sit after spending 1900 dollars on what was supposed to be a good machine. Very dissatisfied with this product.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

The mower deck belt breaks after 2 hours of use. No one stocks the belt locally. If you buy this mower keep several spare belts as they have to be ordered online and generally take a week to get if you can find the right belt. Bought this from Lowe’s and they do not stock belts for it. It has been a bad experience from the beginning.

Original review: July 21, 2019

I bought this tractor 6 years ago and this year the reverse gear went. The rear end is a sealed unit. Called around looking for someone to repair it and was told by 3 people to junk it. A lot of money paid for this and now it's useless. Will never buy another Ariens again.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I bought this for my daughter in GA from the Home Depot. She mows 3 acres of flat grass. From the beginning the mower belt kept falling off but she is handy and got the hang of putting it back on. Now it’s 3 yrs old and falling apart, she just had the mower deck attachment welded back on and now the entire right side mower deck has fallen apart and is unsafe to use as the blades are no longer covered and the frame has broken and hits the blades. This mower is a piece of junk. I gave it as a gift but have given her a huge headache and subpar piece of equipment that isn’t safe to use. I would not recommend this mower to anyone...Home Depot won’t touch it, Ariens says to take it back to place of purchase....no one wants to own this piece of crap and I spent $2k!!! Plus an $85 mower belt and $100 repair bill for welding the mower bracket back on. It’s a nightmare.

Original review: July 4, 2019

Cut at 7mph on 2in setting it cut grass like golf ⛳ course - a very excellent zero turn machine with heavy duty rear end welded deck and 25 hp Kohler engine. 20 in tires does not tear up grass when turn around quick plenty power??? Would buy again - rated 10 out of 10.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Purchased Ikon 42 zero two weeks ago. Mowed a yard with sweet gum balls threw a belt not once but 3 times the last time it threw tension spring, has 2 hours on it. We took back to the dealer they said they didn’t know why it was doing it. The dealer told me to get in touch with the sales rep. I did. He asked how I paid for. Unfortunately I paid cash. I reached out to Ariens Corp. They really don’t want to hear your problems, matter fact they sounds like they are into sales not service or good customer service. They told me to refer to the warranty and the dealer. We have a friend who also purchased one and is in the shop with the same issue. I definitely wouldn’t recommend Ariens Mowers.

Ariens Riding Mowers author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Ariens has a long history, starting back in 1933 during the Great Depression. This family-owned business focused on innovating the rotary tiller before moving on to other lawn equipment, such as riding mowers.

• Zero turn mowers: The company focuses solely on zero-turn mowers, creating innovative models with the latest technology.

• 5-year warranty: An extended warranty protects the riding mower and provides peace of mind for the homeowner.

• Financing: Ariens provides a financing program to help homeowners afford their riding mowers with affordable payments.

• 25 HP engine: These mid-size engines provide enough power for most residential lawns.

• 52-inch mowing deck: The largest riding mower has a broad mowing deck capable of handling multiple acre lawns.

Ariens Riding Mowers Company Information