2.73/5

Need a good mattress?

americasmattress.com

Need a good mattress?

America's Mattress Reviews

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I want to compliment Thomas **/ Staff/ Movers, for their professional, kind, courteous, and very customer service. The move in took only ten minutes during the delivery. For those seeking a real good customer service, America's Mattress is the place.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Went to the store during their Labor Day Sale. I went with the understanding that weekend, the motion base was free with certain mattresses. I specifically ask the salesperson which mattresses did the free base come with. She showed me several different mattresses and I was lead to believe the base was free with those mattresses. I was wrong. I was charged $800 for a base I did not want to buy. I would have never purchased the base. I was only getting it because I was told it was free. I called the store several days with no answer, leaving messages. I finally spoke to a person that was kind but was not willing to help me out at all.

I was very disappointed. I could have purchased two king size mattresses from a different store for what I ended up paying for the base and queen size mattresses. Their 125 guarantee is no good as well. They told me as long as I purchased their mattress pad, I would be able to return the mattress and get my money back. That is not true. The guarantee means nothing. I really disappointed with this purchase. America's Mattress could care less how I feel. All they are interested in is the purchase. Well they took me for a lot of money for a poor mattress and not so good motion base. Please make sure you completely understand what you are buying from this store. The store I made my purchase from is in Huntersville, NC. Huge lesson learned!!

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 26, 2018

We stopped at America's Mattress on a whim and we're pleasantly surprised at the amazing customer service we received. They were friendly, informative and low-pressure and helped us find a great Serta that worked well in our budget. It's also nice to see a father and son business!

Original review: June 7, 2017

I purchased a King iComfort mattress from America's Mattress in DeFuniak Springs, FL. It was the best experience I've had in my life. The salesman Steve did not pressure me. He answered all my questions and gave me 120 days Sleep Satisfaction Guarantee. Purchased my mattress on Sunday and they delivered the very next Thursday. Delivery guys were very professional, the mattress was wrapped in plastic for protection... They even wore booties over their shoes to ensure they did not bring in dirt into my house. My experience was outstanding.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2016

When I got the mattress, I was told that the mattress was hard due to the truck overheating and that the mattress would soften over time. A year or so later, still as hard as a brick. (I put a hundred pound weight on it to see how hard it was. It sank a sixteenth of an inch in.) Boy, do I sure love waking up to back and neck pains.

Yes, they never contacted again. At least the seller was nice.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's Mattress?

Resolution response: Jan. 22, 2016

The associate realized his mistake, called to apologize. Would I go back? Yes. That was an honorable thing to do. Not too many would. He said he would make me a good deal; he would make it good.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2015

I talked to a salesman, name starts with an S. Asked what is the least expensive twin you have and he gave me his card and wrote 259 and the frame was 40. A friend gave me a little Christmas money and I went back in about the bed. This time, he told me 299 for the bed WITHOUT the frame. He says, "and the frame is 40". He said he could let me have the bed for 279. Their flyer says 10% Veterans discount. He said that IS the Veteran's discount. He told me to hurry up and buy it because it will go up next year. He says he has a layaway and he says he wants my business. I called Navarre America's Mattress and he quoted me 259 WITHOUT the frame. I think he jacked up the price to make Christmas bonus. It was the same bed. I will NOT buy anything from them. I am sleeping on the floor and I will stay sleeping on the floor. Did I feel like a valued customer? And he had my best interests in mind? Do it to a Veteran also.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2015

The branch I dealt with was the Hawaii's Aiea branch. For those of you that don't know that's the one closest to the Honolulu International airport. After looking on the Yelp reviews on the branch there seems to be almost no complaints out of the hundreds of review so I thought "Great! I'm going to take a look." I arrived 10 minutes early and the branch manager Chris helped me choose my bed. I needed a bed big enough for my girlfriend and I but not at insane prices. So Chris was awesome with setting me up and getting me squared away BUT their Illinois branch's automated system called me to confirm the shipping time (10 am-12 pm) WHICH was not the shipping time I had asked for which was 3:15-4:00 pm. I work from 5 am-3 pm and this was not acceptable.

I was also told that they would call me PERSONALLY to confirm shipping time which they did not either. This is sad. Great customer service but poor time management. I was also told that they do not have a "real" shipping schedule, just some "he said she said" deal. If the logistics, staffing and automated system were to be improved this company would be much better.

Original review: May 27, 2015

The people were arrogant when I went to pay for my purchase. The man at the counter never said that the pillows weren't returnable.... He just had me sign a paper which I thought were my credit card receipts. I left the store for about an hour and my wife and I decided that we weren't going to redo the room anymore so we stopped back at the store to return them. Neither the salesman or the guy who took my money would even talk to us. They sent the deliver guy to tell us they wouldn't do anything for us.... We never even got home so the product was still sealed and packaged. NOT AT ALL GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE. We will never be back and if I can help anyone else who is looking for bedding... I'll direct them anywhere else. The only reason they received one star is because it requires at least one.... It's not worth it.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2015

I worked for America's Mattress for several years. I was always at the top in sales. 2013 I was the number 1 salesman in the company with the highest margin. I left America's Mattress in 2014. Reasons was I was called a ** and a ruthless son of a ** by another salesperson. I told the owners and they did nothing to the employee and demoted me to the worse store in the company. I saw my sales and margin decrease tremendously. I asked to transfer back to the store that was very proficient in 2013, but was denied. The salesperson that called me names ended up with the store that I was very productive at.

I eventually left the company requesting emergency leave and denied when anyone that requested emergency leave got granted for months of absence and still had a job waiting when they got back. As for me I was terminated through an email that I was terminated. I could not work under those conditions with such harsh words said to me. This is something that customers should consider when spending their money with such company.

I would never buy from America's Mattress or work for such company again. As for customers I will let you decide. Maybe this is one of the reasons why they filed bankrupt in 2013. There are better mattress companies to purchase from other than America's Mattress I would refer. I will let you be the judge. This is all truth and I give you my promise that I had to experience such.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2014

I purchased a mattress recently and the first night after two hours I woke in excruciating pain. I went back after a couple of days of being in pain and discomfort. Casey asked me if the pain was getting better, as if that was a normal experience when buying a bed (and it seems like it is at America's Mattress). I repeated that my back was in pain and Casey replied "And you think that is because of the bed?!" He was so rude and unhelpful and the other sales person did not want to give me his name. No one would let me speak with the owner. They will not refund my money so I have to pray the exchange will work out. These beds are poor quality and I doubt this was a new bed at all. They have lost a customer today. By the looks of the online reviews, they're used to it.

America's Mattress Company Information