America's Mattress

40people found this page helpful

Record a review about your experience with America's Mattress:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

When I got the mattress, I was told that the mattress was hard due to the truck overheating and that the mattress would soften over time. A year or so later, still as hard as a brick. (I put a hundred pound weight on it to see how hard it was. It sank a sixteenth of an inch in.) Boy, do I sure love waking up to back and neck pains.

Yes, they never contacted again. At least the seller was nice.

I bought a Tempur-Pedic Cloud Supreme from the Winter Haven store on 5/29/16, to be delivered on 6/19/16. When it arrived there was a surface stain on the corner of the top of the mattress. The delivery guys took a picture and said they would report it and get it resolved. My first mistake was not making them take the mattress with them when they left and putting my 18-yr old mattress back in its place.

I called on Monday and reported it asking what and when to expect the new one. I was told that they would order a new mattress cover that goes over the foam since it was JUST a surface stain and it should be here in a week to a week and a half. I wasn't happy sleeping with an unidentified stain but put a towel over it under the mattress protector I had gotten with the mattress. I waited a week then called for an update. I was told it hadn't come to the warehouse yet and they would let me know when it did.

I called again at the week and a half mark and still got the same answer. I was told the salesman was sitting there with his boss discussing it, that they would call the warehouse and let me know. I hadn't heard back so I called again. It's now been 2 weeks sleeping with this unidentified stain and I'm really really not happy. (I'm still trying to be polite at this point.) I know it's not the fault of the salesman, but since he is the contact to management I let him know exactly how unhappy I was and that the next call was going to get ugly.

I asked if he would allow his wife, girlfriend, mother, or child to sleep on a brand new mattress with a unidentified stain. He said he understood but I felt that they didn't care in the least and I needed to let him know the next call would be for them to come and get it. There are other mattress stores I can go to. He tried to tell me that it was back-ordered due to the 4th of July sale but I wasn't buying it. It's only the 2nd and I can't believe my cover that was supposed to have been ordered 2 weeks ago, that should have by their calculations been here a week ago is back-ordered because of a sale that hasn't happened yet.

Soooo here I sit waiting until Tuesday for an answer. Now I'm looking at 3 weeks or more of sleeping on a $4000.00 mattress with an unidentified stain by the time they get it and schedule to install it. I'm totally disgusted with their lack of concern and unwillingness to correct the matter within a reasonable amount of time. Stay tuned!

I was lured in with "employee" pricing. Of course, not an option, so I decided to buy the same/comparable mattress elsewhere. Called to get my deposit money back and told manager was unavailable. Just so happens, he was unavailable for weeks. Finally I get a call to go collect and end layaway and no-go. Now I am bound to buy a mattress I don't want and no refund. Very, very, very disgusted and angry. NO I don't recommend doing business with such a business. In fact, I'd bet they did all this because I am a minority and female. Utterly disgusted with America's Mattress dealings!!!

The associate realized his mistake, called to apologize. Would I go back? Yes. That was an honorable thing to do. Not too many would. He said he would make me a good deal; he would make it good.

Original Review

I talked to a salesman, name starts with an S. Asked what is the least expensive twin you have and he gave me his card and wrote 259 and the frame was 40. A friend gave me a little Christmas money and I went back in about the bed. This time, he told me 299 for the bed WITHOUT the frame. He says, "and the frame is 40". He said he could let me have the bed for 279. Their flyer says 10% Veterans discount. He said that IS the Veteran's discount. He told me to hurry up and buy it because it will go up next year. He says he has a layaway and he says he wants my business. I called Navarre America's Mattress and he quoted me 259 WITHOUT the frame. I think he jacked up the price to make Christmas bonus. It was the same bed. I will NOT buy anything from them. I am sleeping on the floor and I will stay sleeping on the floor. Did I feel like a valued customer? And he had my best interests in mind? Do it to a Veteran also.

The entire memory foam has slipped and is bunched up on one side making it unusable. Furthermore, I am not getting much help from the retail showroom. How can I resolve the matter? Presently I am sleeping on the sofa.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's Mattress?

The branch I dealt with was the Hawaii's Aiea branch. For those of you that don't know that's the one closest to the Honolulu International airport. After looking on the Yelp reviews on the branch there seems to be almost no complaints out of the hundreds of review so I thought "Great! I'm going to take a look." I arrived 10 minutes early and the branch manager Chris helped me choose my bed. I needed a bed big enough for my girlfriend and I but not at insane prices. So Chris was awesome with setting me up and getting me squared away BUT their Illinois branch's automated system called me to confirm the shipping time (10 am-12 pm) WHICH was not the shipping time I had asked for which was 3:15-4:00 pm. I work from 5 am-3 pm and this was not acceptable.

I was also told that they would call me PERSONALLY to confirm shipping time which they did not either. This is sad. Great customer service but poor time management. I was also told that they do not have a "real" shipping schedule, just some "he said she said" deal. If the logistics, staffing and automated system were to be improved this company would be much better.

The people were arrogant when I went to pay for my purchase. The man at the counter never said that the pillows weren't returnable.... He just had me sign a paper which I thought were my credit card receipts. I left the store for about an hour and my wife and I decided that we weren't going to redo the room anymore so we stopped back at the store to return them. Neither the salesman or the guy who took my money would even talk to us. They sent the deliver guy to tell us they wouldn't do anything for us.... We never even got home so the product was still sealed and packaged. NOT AT ALL GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE. We will never be back and if I can help anyone else who is looking for bedding... I'll direct them anywhere else. The only reason they received one star is because it requires at least one.... It's not worth it.

I worked for America's Mattress for several years. I was always at the top in sales. 2013 I was the number 1 salesman in the company with the highest margin. I left America's Mattress in 2014. Reasons was I was called a ** and a ruthless son of a ** by another salesperson. I told the owners and they did nothing to the employee and demoted me to the worse store in the company. I saw my sales and margin decrease tremendously. I asked to transfer back to the store that was very proficient in 2013, but was denied. The salesperson that called me names ended up with the store that I was very productive at.

I eventually left the company requesting emergency leave and denied when anyone that requested emergency leave got granted for months of absence and still had a job waiting when they got back. As for me I was terminated through an email that I was terminated. I could not work under those conditions with such harsh words said to me. This is something that customers should consider when spending their money with such company.

I would never buy from America's Mattress or work for such company again. As for customers I will let you decide. Maybe this is one of the reasons why they filed bankrupt in 2013. There are better mattress companies to purchase from other than America's Mattress I would refer. I will let you be the judge. This is all truth and I give you my promise that I had to experience such.

I purchased a mattress recently and the first night after two hours I woke in excruciating pain. I went back after a couple of days of being in pain and discomfort. Casey asked me if the pain was getting better, as if that was a normal experience when buying a bed (and it seems like it is at America's Mattress). I repeated that my back was in pain and Casey replied "And you think that is because of the bed?!" He was so rude and unhelpful and the other sales person did not want to give me his name. No one would let me speak with the owner. They will not refund my money so I have to pray the exchange will work out. These beds are poor quality and I doubt this was a new bed at all. They have lost a customer today. By the looks of the online reviews, they're used to it.

America's Mattress - Monroe, NC: On Thursday, November 22, 2012, Thanksgiving, I found an ad in the Charlotte Observer for Serta mattresses - twins for $15 and queens for $25. Although, I knew this was a marketing tactic to bring customers into the store, I thought I would try and get there before they sold out. I got there and of course, they were sold out. As I stood in line to get another mattress, which was more expensive, I heard all of the customers in front of me complaining. The man in front of me had bought a queen that was advertised for a regular price of $1,299 on sale for $249 and was supposed to be a Serta queen pillowtop. He was bringing it back because it was not a Serta and was not the mattress that the salesman told him and showed him that he would be buying. The whole store was filled with Serta mattresses but the regular prices did not match the regular prices in the ad. The woman who was at the front of the line was complaining that the mattress she bought, a Serta queen, was in fact not a Serta as well. People were walking out of the store with mattresses that were represented as Serta's but when they got them to the car, they realized that they had been duped.

This is so highly unethical and Serta is being misrepresented. The mattresses being sold for the extraordinary sale prices were not Serta's. When I told the manager, Josh, that this was blatant false advertising, he stated that there was no such thing as false advertising in retail. He told the lady in the front of the line that if she was unhappy, she just needed to leave the store. That is terrible customer service! This was highly disturbing to me and I do hope that Serta will take measures to correct this by not allowing America's Mattress to carry their line of mattresses anymore. I will certainly never buy another Serta Mattress unless or until this matter is resolved. If Serta carries on advertising tactics like this or condones this type of advertising, then they definitely will never get my business or any of my associates' business if I have anything to do with it. Thank you for your time. I have pictures of the newspaper ads, the ads in the front of the store, and the Serta mattresses that were being misrepresented if you are interested.

I bought a new mattress at Longmont store. After 4 days, the mattress has 2 big hole where we slept. The springs creak like an old mattress. We went back to the store to complain and were told we need to have young kids jump on the mattress to push air out of foam and wait 30 days before we could get comfort exchange. We did not jump on the mattress as warranty states jumping would void warranty. We went back again. This time, we were told to jump again or get on hands and knees and jump around, that it was okay. He had been selling mattresses for 15 yrs and always told people to do this. We went in again this time with tape recorder, got screamed and yelled at by owner, called delusional and his manager would never say that. We also read other reviews and this happens at their other store. He again screamed when we confronted him with this. He's calling everyone liars and crazy. We called Serta, filed a complaint. He is also refusing to do 90 day comfort exchange. We have now contacted 2 news channels and will call the rest. This is a scam that needs to be exposed or everyone else will be spending hard earned money on junk. There is no customer service. They're the liars.

On June 3, 2011, my girlfriend and I purchased an iComfort Queen Insight mattress, Queen iComfort foundation and Queen Protect-a-bed cover from Merrick Brown at American Mattress store on Davis Hwy in Pensacola. For three weeks, we have been trying to exchange the bed, well within our 120-day return policy. It has been one broken promise after another, hostile sales people and responses to my questions that signal all the products in the iComfort line are defective. We feel like we have been repeatedly misled, ignored and lied to on several accounts and I have chronicled the happenings below that bring us to where we are right now.

On Wednesday August 17, I was called by the warehouse and told a delivery was scheduled for Thursday night between 5 and 8 pm. The delivery never happened and no effort was made to inform us it would not happen. Friday August 19th, we went into the Mobile store and have been informed the mattress was not available. It was not available as it is on backorder and it was never intended to be delivered last night. Below are the order of events:

By the end of July, both of us were suffering from chronic soreness we had never experienced with our old mattress. We were assured that after 30 days, we should certainly not experience any soreness; even if memory foam required an adjustment period by every store worker at all the stores we visited. We returned to the Davis Hwy store, the Mobile store and other competitors trying out mattresses.

Speaking to staff at the Mobile store, we were told there was a 15% restocking fee and a $49 re-delivery fee. However, this fee would be waived should we buy a more expensive mattress. We had previously met the Serta sales representative for our area, Dana **, and she told us about pulling a string from corner to corner. After doing this, we realized there was a distinct "bowl" shape to the mattress.

On Monday August 8th, we told Brantley about this at the Davis Hwy store and he agreed the mattress was defective. We asked if we could get another iComfort Insight to try since this one was defective and didn't give us a fair look at the mattress. Brantley agreed with us and said he would set it up after speaking with Ms. Dana and call us the next day. By the end of Tuesday August 9th, Brantley had not called. My girlfriend called the Davis Hwy store and got Merrick ** on the phone, who told us we were not getting a new iComfort and questioned that if we didn't like the one we had, what made us think we would like the next one; eventually getting into a screaming match with my girlfriend.

On after speaking with Merrick, Brantley backed that up and said Ms. Dana did not think giving us a new bed would satisfy us. After speaking with Brantley, we visited a competitor's store and told him our story, at which time, that competitor offered to trade our bed in on one of his models and use our bed as an example of the poor quality of the Serta. Brantley told us that yes, we can get a refund but to give American Mattress and Serta one more chance.

By August 11th, we have decided on staying away from Serta products and elected to go with a Tempur-Pedic Cloud, which Brantley said he will set up and have for delivered by Tuesday August 16th. We did not hear from anyone, Monday the 15th, to set up a delivery so we called Brantley on Tuesday the day of expected delivery. Were told that Tempur-Pedic dropped the ball and did not get the bed to the driver to have it delivered from Mobile in time. We were then told it will be Thursday August 17th before the bed can be delivered because the drivers don't work on Wednesday. Wednesday night, we were contacted by the warehouse that they will deliver the new mattress on Thursday August 18th between 5pm and 8pm.

Thursday August 18th, the mattress was not delivered and no attempt to contact us was made to let us know the mattress would not be delivered. Friday August 19th, we spoke with Chris at the Mobile store and were informed that the mattress was not available but on backorder and was never intended to be delivered to us yesterday. Friday August 19th, we spoke with Katy at the Davis Hwy store and we were told that Myra was the only one who could do a refund and she was on vacation until Tuesday. So we called Melissa ** with customer complaints at headquarters and she told us we will not get a refund on a warranty exchange.

Melissa failed to call us back. We received an email from the owner of the company, Ty Hingle, who responded to our email and said he will be in contact with us shortly. We heard nothing. We emailed Ty Hingle on Monday August 22nd with no response. I am in disbelief that this company has caused not only physical pain in my life, but emotional distress as well. I just simply want a refund so I can move on and purchase a bed that is not defective and doesn't cause pain.

On June 15/ 2011, I shopped for a new mattress at America's Mattress in Greeley, CO. A sales person, Nadine, was the only person there. She told me to be assured, they guarantee all their merchandise and will take care of their customers because they want "happy customers". And that they didn't charge a restocking fee like other dealers. After trying several beds, I picked out an expensive, Serta soft foam mattress. I paid with my credit card. The next afternoon, a mattress that appeared to be like what I ordered was delivered on 6/17/11

That evening when I went to bed, I was shocked to find the mattress was very hard, not like the one in the store at all. After 10 minutes, I was in pain and was forced to try and sleep on my sofa. The whole night was terrible, no sleep at all. I was waiting in the parking lot for the store to open that morning and told Nadine something was terribly wrong and we had to fix it, because I had nowhere to sleep. She said "I had to sleep on it for 30 days to break it in." When I said, "that was impossible, due to unreasonable pain". She said, "Get a bunch of little kids to jump up and down on it!" I told her I expected a replacement now.

After a long phone call to her "Boss" in private, she said they agreed to let me have a "floor Demo" that had a "new price" listed at $300.00 less than I had paid for the original mattress. I was faced with losing all my money, having no bed to sleep in, or signing a hand written note to get out of a blackmail situation. That afternoon 6/18/11, the bed exchange was completed. I was scammed out of several hundred dollars, considering the value of a used floor demo is probable only worth 50% of retail. Never in my 85 years have I encountered such an apparent, illegal business practice. I hope they are out of my life forever.