2.8/5 (56 ratings)
Find a Movers partner

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About Allegiance Moving and Storage

Allegiance Moving and Storage is a moving broker service that assists with residential moves, commercial moves and auto transport. With access to a large network of movers, Allegiance can handle long-distance and state-to-state moves.

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Pros

• Auto transport services
    • Licensed DOT broker
    • Storage and packing available

Cons

• Several additional fees

Bottom Line

If you’re moving across state lines, you likely will find Allegiance’s broker services beneficial. The company is a licensed broker that uses third-party carriers to transport your belongings.

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

Allegiance Moving and Storage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiance Moving and Storage?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiance Moving and Storage?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

Better Business Bureau Complaint: **. I contacted Allegiance based on their supposed highly rated customer service. My experience and the experience of many other customers was horrible (Please see reviews on Yelp. All reviews are two stars or less). Brent, the person that I worked with to get a quote, was intentionally misleading so that he could give me a lower quote.

We discussed square footage of the apartment, the number of large furniture items that would be moved, estimated number of boxes we were expecting. I indicated to him that I thought we would have 30-50 boxes, at least. He insisted that based on his experience and based on the size of the apartment that we would probably only have 20 boxes. I disagreed but deferred to his judgement. I asked if there would be an up-charge if we went over the estimated 20 boxes. He indicated that no, I would not be charged extra. I also made it very clear to Brent that this would be a "spit pick-up". In other words, we had belongings at our apartment and at an off-site storage unit.

The estimate from Allegiance (see attached) came in at just over $3400. Allegiance contracted the job to NewStart movers. I was told that the movers would contact me 24-48 hours in advance of the move to give me an estimated arrival. That never happened. On the day of the move, the estimated arrival time kept being pushed out. The driver could not give me an accurate arrival time. According the driver they were diverted to another residence before ours because that client insisted they had to be somewhere for an appointment. Long story short, the movers from NewStart did not arrive until almost 8:00 PM on September 8.

Upon their arrival, I told the movers we needed to hurry because we had to be to the storage unit by 9:30 PM because it closed at 10:00. The two movers from NewStart indicated that they were not aware that we'd scheduled a "split pick-up" and indicated that there would be an up-charge for it. They also indicated that they were not aware that we had large items to move such as a TV, queen size mattress and TV console. I had to pay an additional $860 cash to the movers on September 8 and have paid $370 in storage fees to NewStart.

Due to their late arrival, we could not get to the storage unit. We had to incur additional expense to get the belongings in the storage unit transported from San Francisco to California. Additional expenses included flights to and from Seattle, paying an additional two months storage fees, contracting with Pods to pick up, store and deliver our belongings. See attached receipts.

When I contacted Allegiance to express my frustration and request at least a partial refund, they were completely unsympathetic. They offered no apology and refused to refund any money. Their web page touts a "100% Satisfaction Guarantee". In their email dated August 9 with the subject "Allegiance Moving Reviews" it states: "We take our customer feedback seriously at Allegiance Moving and Storage! It is our top priority to provide quality household and corporate moving services; but we also take the time to make sure our customers are satisfied with our services from start to finish."

In an email dated September 6, 2021 with the subject "Allegiance Customer Verification" it states in part; "Moving forward, the customer service team will be your direct point of contact. Please refer any questions, comments, or concerns directly to us. Our role is to be a liaison between yourself and the moving company to ensure that your move goes as smoothly as possible. We will serve as your advocate." I was not at all satisfied with their service. Customer satisfaction is NOT a priority and Allegiance most definitely did not act as my advocate. As you navigate their website it frequently refers to the great services they provide, all of which is completely false. Allegiance Moving and Storage

I've sent them multiple requests to send me an itemized receipt, detailing what exactly the $1701 paid to them was for. My requests for that receipt have been ignored. See table below for summary of expenses incurred so far and estimated future expenses:

Organization Dollar amount
    Allegiance Moving and Storage 1701
    New Start 860
    New Start Storage 370
    New Start Estimated Due at delivery* 3654
    Pods Invoice 1 1574
    Pods Invoice 2 802

Total $8961**

*I'm now being told by new start that my total due upon delivery will be over $5000. **Allegiance's Total Moving Estimate came in at $3424 which means they underestimated my total expenses by a minimum of $5537. In summary, Allegiance is intentionally misleading potential customers and intentionally providing inaccurate and intentionally low estimates to gain business. Therefore, Allegiance is committing fraud. For most people moving from one state to another or across the country, is a rare occurrence. Consumers need to be confident that moving companies are acting with integrity and serving as consumer advocates. Allegiance is taking advantage of people's vulnerability during an already incredibly stressful time. Thank you for taking the time to review my complaint. Please go to Yelp and read other customer reviews of Allegiance. There is clearly a pattern of deceit and fraudulent business practices.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

The crew was good, but they did some damage. They put a hole in a wall which I didn't find out about until after they left. Also, I was given a quote but it ended up being over $1,000 more expensive than the quote, because they said they had to do some wrapping. It was outrageous how expensive it ended up.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

I called up the web thing and selected Allegiance, and the Allegiance guy called me back. We defined what the move would be and it was completed satisfactorily.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

The initial bid was 15. And when the guy came out and looked, it went up to $17,000. I understood because there was a lot of stuff. Before the Allegiance guys showed up, I paid seven grand to them. And when moving day came, and I had some company that is out of San Jose, so I thought I hired Allegiance to do my move. A lot of small guys, not typical in the moving business, who didn't speak English, but were very nice. They showed up and said, "This move is much bigger than we were told." I had to leave some things behind because the trucks were filled. And they increased the bid. They said it would cost more. And instead of $17,000, it cost me $22,000. And there was damage to stuff. They were at my house until near midnight because of the time they got there. It took that much time.

I liked the guys. They were decent. There were seven of them. I still gave them each a $100 tip ecause they were honest, hardworking guys, and I can appreciate that. But it was a bigger job than they were used to. They were not professional movers in the way they necessarily went about loading things. But they were not professional movers as far as knowing how to move stuff. And for the price, it was ridiculous. I said, "So what did I pay seven grand to you guys for when all you did is show up and take the bid? You didn't actually do the move. I thought I was hiring a top five company to do my move."

I spent more money because I thought a big move, a lot of stuff and the way it was doing it, but that was not the case. Is that the way it is in the industry now? If you hire one of the big companies, they subcontract it out to somebody else? I wish I knew that because I would have just gone with the local company and it would have cost me less. Because $22,000, I realized I'm going across state, but it's only a two-hour drive. And I was told by Allegiance I would have an 18-wheeler. Instead they brought three small trucks. So overall, no, I'm not very happy.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

This company is a broker, not a mover. They will underbid your project and leave you at the mercy of whatever 3rd party movers they can find. Their estimate was half what it actually cost me to move despite a perfect inventory list that I went over with them multiple time. Joann at Allegiance offered me 100$ on a 3000$ discrepancy. Don’t believe their lies in their responses.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

When our customers are unhappy, we're unhappy.. Let us make it up to you! We will be in touch with resolution options.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

We contracted with Allegiance Moving and Storage on Jan 5, 2021 who then subbed out the move to East Freight Logistics LLC for pick up on 02/19/21. We paid appx 1340. 00 to Allegiance and then on moving day we paid East Freight Logistics LLC appx 1994.00. Our move was with the intent our belongings would be stored at a rate of $300 per month paid to East Freight Logistics LLC. Which we paid.

On Aug 16, 2021 we requested delivery of our belongings to Sebastian Fl. Since that time we have continually called all phone numbers for East Freight Logistics LLC and each time we are promised a call back to let us know when a driver would be available. Never have received a call from EFL. We have requested the address of where our belongings are and again they say they will call back with location and nothing. We are 62 and 58 years old and getting ready to retire. We literally have nothing left except the clothes we kept with us. Please help us!

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

We appreciate the opportunity to address your situation. We would like to resolve your situation with us. Our customer service team has made attempts to contact you.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

Setting up the service wasn't bad. But it was surprising that unlike any moves I've ever done, the inventory was done over the phone. A move coordinator walked me through the phone and said, “Well, how big is that bookcase? And how big is that box? How many are there?” I gave him my best estimate on stuff. But it was a very unusual step to go through in terms of booking a move. The final price was terrible. It was off by half. I suggested to them that it sounded like it was something perfect for Zoom. But they told me, “Oh, no, no. Zoom doesn’t work for this.”

I booked the move in September, and then I booked with a substantial non-refundable deposit. When the driver showed up on-site and walked through and quoted me double, I was trapped. I had to accept it. This was the worst customer experience of my life, especially for something that I paid $5,000 for. First off, I was not made aware that Allegiance was not a mover. They are a broker. So, I paid a deposit to Allegiance and gave them a window. In September 2nd, I booked them and told them that I needed a window of October 12th to the 14th because I was flying out on the 15th. They said, “Okay, we'll try to hit that window.”

On the 9th, they told me that Triumphant Moving would be there on the 14th. But they didn't show up. So, I called and asked, “Am I moving today?” They said, “Oh, no. Atlantis is moving you.” I said, “Who's Atlantis?” They said, “Well, you know, we're a broker. We hire subcontractors.” They told me Atlantis was coming on the 15th. But I gave them a window of the 14th. They still told me that they were coming on 15th. But on the 15th, nobody showed up.

I called Allegiance again and they said, “They're coming on the 16th.” This happened six more times. Six times I was delayed a day and had to extend my hotel stay. I had to rebook my flights. It was a nightmare. I finally heard from Atlantis and they said they were 10 hours away and that they would be there by 2:00. At noon, they said, “We'll be there by 4:00. We're in Amarillo,” which is four hours away. But at 8:00, they didn't show up. I told them, “Come tomorrow. I don't want you driving 10 hours and then try to pack me all night. I don't want to be up all night.”

The next day, Atlantis said, “We'll be there at 11:00.” But 11:00 came, they didn’t show up. I said, “Where are you?” They said, “We'll be there at 2:00.” At 1:30, I asked, “Where are you?” They said, “We'll be there 2:15.” I told them to be here by 3:00. They finally showed up at 3:00 and packed me till 9:30. It was horrible. Things that could have easily been fixed by either having their dispatch or Allegiance know where was the person or the truck and when were they coming. They just told me, “Oh, we had to stop and get gas. We had to buy boxes.”

The movers showed up in a Budget Rental van with three guys that were not in any kind of uniform, not wearing any kind of badge or identification. They could have been any three random people on the street. What's worse is I had to pay thousands of dollars directly to the driver. So now, I have three people involved. I have Allegiance, I have Atlantis, at some level, and then I'm paying cash to the driver. Then on delivery, I paid cash to a different driver. I know the trucking industry has gone through some problems. But if you're 10 hours away, don't tell me you're gonna be there at five hours. It's the classic customer service mistake of overpromising and underdelivering. It's the worst thing that drives me crazy and it cost me a whole lot of extra money.

Allegiance arranged my moving and my car transport. The car transport went beautifully. It was handled by a separate company. They called me ahead of time and showed up when they were going to show up. They picked up the car and delivered it when they were gonna deliver it. The car got here two days ahead of me. If my brother hasn’t been here and picked up the car, I don't know what I would have done.

With my move, my experience was less than satisfactory. The movers didn’t pack every cabinet. They taped open the front door to my apartment and when I went around after they were all done after five hours and a half hours, they didn’t pack the cabinet behind the front door because they taped the door open over it. They missed two bathroom cabinets. But they did an okay job with the things that they packed. I booked this move for October 12th, and my stuff appeared a week ago. Day after day, it was like being on a reality show of being physically and mentally tortured with stuff. About six days after the pick-up, I called Allegiance at 10:00 in the morning and asked, “Where's my stuff?” They said, “Oh, they're on the West Coast. We have to wait till that time zone changes.”

Four hours later, Allegiance called me back and said they couldn't get ahold of them. I got a nice email from Allegiance that said, “Hello, my name is Danielle. Here's my direct number. And you can call our 24-hour service number, but you can call or text me. I'm going to be your contact for the move.” That was wonderful. So I called her, left a message, but no response. I texted her and no response. I called the 24-hour customer service line, and there was also no response. If I ordered a box of paper clips from Amazon, I'd know minute to minute more about what was going on than an $8,000 purchase I made with Allegiance. I don't know why Allegiance gets such a high rating and why they would pick somebody that wouldn't even return my calls.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for your recent purchase experience and would like to assist you. Someone from our team will be following up shortly to assist you with a resolution.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

The first quote I was given over the phone was $4,000 then a physical survey of the house was done and the price went up to $9,000. When the actual movers came, they said it was going to be 12,000. The service cost us triple the amount of our initial quote. I did everything in my power to prevent that from happening such as talking to the rep several times to make sure as I didn't want any surprises on the day of the move. I asked to have somebody come in again. The rep told me they would but they didn’t do that several days before the move. Also, nobody called or came to verify that we were still where we were supposed to be.

The day of the move was not really a happy moment when you're under so much stress and you hear that you have to come up with $4,000 more. The whole quote thing was a really negative experience in that sense. They really get you and you're in a bind. They want you to pay cash at that point. You have to get yourself moved so you have no choice and they know that. That was an unfortunate part of it all. Another thing was the Allegiance customer service was not good. When we called, the woman really gave us a hard time and got short with us for questioning the price. I did not care for this brokerage company. That aside, the actual movers were excellent and in the end, we got our stuff.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

We're sorry to hear about your recent experience, We sincerely apologize and would like to make it up to you. Our team will contact you privately to begin a resolution.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

I am not a customer, but I have called Allegiance 21 times--that is the exact number from my call history and does not include other calls and emails made by my other family members--to try to help my parents and sister. They hired Allegiance to help them move from AZ to FL. I received one and only callback during that time on Oct 18 from Monica, who was calling to correct a mistake she made over the phone a few minutes before, and who then proceeded to berate me for the second time that day.

Allegiance hired Royal Star to do my parents' move. When the movers showed up, they charged $22,000 more than the original bid bringing the total to $40,000. When I questioned Allegiance about this, I was told multiple times it was my mom's fault for not giving a more accurate inventory. The original bid from Allegiance was for 2647 cubic feet ($18,000). The amount charged was 4300 cubic feet ($40,000). The actual cubic feet was less than 3500 cubic feet based on the dimensions of the 53 foot delivery trailer that arrived at the new home Oct 19 almost 2 months after it was supposed to arrive.

In addition to their inaccurate calculations of the extra cubic feet, Royal Star included several bogus charges including labor fees, shuttle fees (because they chose not to bring a big enough truck), fake tax fees, storage fees (which we did not want or ask for), and a hefty "bulk" fee which was $2200 more than Allegiance originally estimated for a baby grand piano and kayak.

It was not until our attorney called that Allegiance even addressed these charges directly with Royal Star or made an attempt to reinstate the military discount which was part of the original bid from Allegiance. Allegiance repeatedly brushed off the additional charges with inconsistent explanations (most likely parroting Royal Star) and said there was nothing they could do. They put the responsibility completely on my family to work it out with the mover, who by the way would not answer our calls.

Federal regulations state the broker has to provide a list of potential companies who are going to complete the move (which we did not know about initially) and which Allegiance did not do. They have a locked list of carriers on their website which a customer can access if the customer requests the information. I have still not seen this list, and Allegiance has refused to provide it to us retroactively. All that might be legal, but it is purposefully evasive and unethical.

A few days after Royal star showed up to move, they received an Out-of-Service order from FMCSA. I discovered later from reading BBB that Royal Star has a history of unethical behavior, including but not limited to charging more than double for original estimates, forcing clients to pay in cash and sign contracts under duress, aggressive--sometimes threatening--behavior towards customers, harassment, damaging items, and late deliveries. When I questioned Allegiance customer service they said, "we've never had problems before." However, they also informed me within a few days after pickup that they were no longer using Royal Star (I presume due to the out-of-transport order). Since Royal Star had already taken $27,000 and driven off with my family's stuff this obviously did little to console me.

Royal Star hung up on on me, my sister, my mom, and our attorney on multiple occasions, specifically Avi and Shay. Avi threatened to hold items hostage on multiple occasions, both over the phone in August and in person at delivery. In August I was told by Royal Star the delivery truck was in Denver and would arrive within 4-10 business days of Aug 31. The agreed upon availability date was Aug 31, which is not documented on the bill of lading, but is both in writing elsewhere and recorded verbally.

In September I was told the truck was in Florida and would arrive Saturday (Sep 11) at 5pm. On Saturday (Sep 11) I was told if the driver hadn't called, he would probably deliver the items the next day (Sep 12). I asked for the driver's phone number. They refused to give it to me. Nothing arrived. Later that week I was told the truck broke down somewhere in Alabama or Louisiana. They hung up on me when I tried to get specific information. After that no one answered my calls for a month. Allegiance could not get ahold of Royal Star, although I was told (and I genuinely believe) they were trying to contact them.

In October (week of the 11th) my mother was told by Royal Star the items were still in Arizona and they were looking for a delivery driver. This means they had been lying about everything the previous month or they were lying now. The delivery was already several days late past the incredibly generous 30-day business day buffer zone they had given themselves in the contract. Throughout the week Royal Star did not answer calls and hung up on my sister after she asked for specifics on delivery.

I got very little help from Allegiance after calling almost every day the week before delivery. On Oct 15 I was told by Joann at Allegiance via email that the delivery would be Monday (Oct 18th). I asked for the location of the truck. Allegiance refused to give it to me because the truck was en route and had other customers' items on it (this was not actually true as we learned later on). I asked for the license plate number and was told I could ask the driver. I asked for the driver's phone. I was told the driver would call me.

I still wanted to speak with Joann over the phone so I could have a conversation and get more specific information about her interaction with Royal Star, especially since we hadn't been able to reach them, and they had not called. However, by Monday (Oct 18th) customer service became hostile and aggressive. I was still able to email Joann, but she would not call me despite multiple requests to speak with her over the phone. When I asked her again for the driver's phone number, she said the carrier would call me. I asked if there was a reason, I could not have the driver's phone number. She said Royal Star refused to give her the number.

Eventually, Avi from Royal Star texted my mom later the 18th that delivery would be Tuesday (Oct 19th) at 7am. He again refused to give the driver's phone number. My mom asked to be present for the weigh in of the truck before unloading. He did not arrange for this. He continued refusing to give us the driver's number and claimed the driver only spoke Spanish. I told him I speak Spanish and to please give me the driver's phone number. He did not respond to texts or calls after that.

On Tuesday (Oct 19) the delivery truck arrived. I was on the phone with my mom for the entirety of the move for 4 hours. While I was not physically present, I heard Avi threatening my family. He threatened to keep the weight ticket, said the driver would be unable to weigh the truck after unloading because the driver had another job in Tampa, said he would call the Sheriff if anyone recorded him (although no one was recording him and no one would have minded if he had called the sheriff, the issue is more that he was purposely trying to threaten and intimidate them). He also continued refusing to let anyone speak to the driver.

When the driver--who did not work for Royal Star but was hired to complete the move after Royal Star lost their license--came out, he was completely cooperative and forthcoming. He spoke perfect English. He gave my sister his phone number. He said he was also upset with Avi because he was ready to deliver on Saturday and had been sitting in Melbourne all weekend waiting to unload. He said he could go to the weight station immediately with my sister after the truck was unloaded and get the final weight ticket so she could be reimbursed by her employer for the move. He did not have any other job in Tampa. He was going home.

There was absolutely no resistance from the driver to give out his information, to let my family take pictures, or to give us the dimensions of the truck. I am baffled as to how Allegiance could have ever trusted Royal Star as one of their carriers when they are purposefully deceitful and evasive. I am furious that even now they continue to defend Royal Star, so they won't have to admit any fault in this horrendous move.

Emotional Distress: I would need the customer service recordings from Allegiance to give exact dates and times when my emotional distress became disabling, but I can confidently say I had multiple panic attacks immediately following my conversations with the customer service representatives at Allegiance. I feel this is relevant and important to report. I had one panic attack the end of August where I got stuck in a parking lot in Costco because I was too distressed to drive home. Most recently Oct 18th, although these were not the only 2. My husband and health care providers can confirm this.

I know some of those conversations, including most recently, were with Monica but I'm not sure if she was the only one because I didn't always get names. In addition to my panic attacks, my mother had shingles and had to sleep on an air mattress in an empty house for two months. My family has agonized over this move. I personally have been treated by members of Allegiance and Royal Star with hostility.

Financial Compensation: I have repeatedly requested a refund of the broker fee, from Allegiance. They offered $200 if the customer agreed to sign a document that accepted this refund as "full satisfaction." This $200 refund is less than 4% of the broker fee they collected before the movers ever even arrived. Unsurprising, we have refused this offer. I am still asking for a full refund of their broker fee for hiring Royal Star as the carrier. Additionally, we will be filing claims with Royal Star for the fraudulent charges, late delivery, and any damages we find.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you had with your parents service.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

At the time I spoke to the rep, I was happy. But now, other people have said that he may have overpromised and I'm concerned and waiting for my stuff. He led me down the merry path and promised things that were not doable. He was so concerned to sell, sell, sell that he didn't care. It was a little disappointing. Also, I had one misunderstanding that I swear he told me that I would have my stuff available on October 27th. And then I find out later that October 27th is the beginning of the period when things may arrive.

And from October 27th plus 30 days is the moving period as they say. I tried to explain the moving period to the dock manager of my condo building in Florida. They don't want to hear about periods and instead, they want to hear when the movers are coming. It's a building with 530 units and there's always somebody moving in or out. We're getting into the winter season so the snowbirds are going to occupy their units for the winter. They're in the way or I'm in their way.

Every week, I have to get the dock people to reserve a day and that's just to keep me on the map. That's not even a guarantee that my things are going to come on that day 'cause Allegiance can't guarantee that they'll come on that particular day. Fortunately, my dock people are more realistic in their descriptions and cooperation than Allegiance was up until the guys who came to pack it come along. Those are the guys that kind of opened my eyes. The guy named Gio from Soviet Georgia had a couple of guys with him and they did a great job of packing up. It was amazing to watch. They educated me a lot more about the behind-the-scenes moving process.

That's when I learned the awful truth that it really wasn't going to probably be there on the 27th of October. I had to disappoint people here and we're surviving it. We're kind of camping out in the condo. But it's not the same as having the whole thing. I don't have a computer that's working beyond a laptop or a phone or a tablet. And that's just not enough when you're used to the desktop one. There are a lot of things I need to do for work that I have to do on my desktop. And I don't have a desk to put my computer on, let alone to call the guy to get it hooked up.

I know there's a national truck shortage and a national truck driver shortage which are what moving companies are crying about. And I understand. That's just the reality that we live in. But I think preparing the customer for reality overselling and guaranteeing the deal might be a little better for everybody down the road. Also, I'm a pessimist at heart. So I over-budgeted for this whole thing and I'm happy I had over-budgeted. But still, that same agent who was doing all the big promises at the beginning said they could do the whole move for 5,000. What I really paid was more than double that. Thank God I had the money to make the difference. But other people are not going to have that money. If Allegiance, tells somebody else that they'll have a $5,000 move, they're gonna get Allegiance 5,000 bucks. Those people are gonna be really mad when it's more than that, let alone more than double.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We will use it to improve our service.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

Don’t trust Sean **!!! Prior to receiving my final quote from Sean I sent him dimensions on most of my furniture so the quote would be as accurate as possible. His quote was for 1035 cu ft. At a cost of $5986.37. When the movers loaded the truck the cubic feet came back 615 cu ft over the original quote and the cost was $10678.34. I could live with the final cost going up a little but when I provided measurements on almost everything and it goes up 40% that’s just dishonest to get my business. They then contracted our move out to a company they knew weren’t paying claims on damaged or destroyed items. Mike **.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

We are sorry to hear about your recent experience! We value your feedback and the chance to resolve any issue that our customers may have.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

I liked the guy from Allegiance. He didn't feel sleazy. The movers were fine.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

We appreciate your feedback! We aim to provide the best service for our customers!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I googled best movers from New York to Florida and Allegiance came up along with another company. I called both and Allegiance was very persistent so we chose them. Everything was fine. But I didn't realize that it was gonna take long for us to get our stuff and I didn't read all of the fine print. When moving from state to state, really read the fine print so that you can better prepare. I would have changed my move date and stayed with a relative in New York till we got closer to the arrival date.

We moved to our house on the 13th of September and we got our stuff on the 13th of October. It wasn't Allegiance’s fault but the movers'. Allegiance was always responsive to me. I left a message or two with the movers and they never called me back. Other than that, everyone was professional. The people from New York were different from the people that delivered in Florida. I wish the delivery was quicker but the problem was because of where we moved to. We're at the end of the earth in Key West so I get it. You have to schedule accordingly. Overall, I'm happy because we got everything. There were a couple of little minor things that were broken among our things but nothing was missing. I would recommend Allegiance because they followed up. They asked me about the moving company and I was honest with them.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We're happy that you're enjoying your new home!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

From the standpoint of Allegiance, everything was smooth. But the moving company they used was very difficult to deal with because I told them that I wanted my furniture to arrive in a week or two but it took over a month to reach the destination. We called everyday for that and when I looked at my things, I'm missing the remotes for the TV, the fireplace, and the Apple TV. One of my TVs also got scratched. I contacted Allegiance and I'm having a hard time getting a claim for the missing items. They sent me a claim form and I filled it out but it indicated a company I didn't recognize.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

We're sorry to hear about your recent experience with your movers! We value your feedback and the chance to resolve any issues that our customers may have.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

Updated on 10/04/2021: The company responded to my initial complaint saying that when consumers are and happy they are and happy. A lie. They said that their move of 2924 miles was within the contract of 28 days; a lie; they told me 10 days to two weeks Dash tops. They responded that their movers are on their way to me now and will be here between October 7 and October 9. I suspect this is another one of their many lies. 32 days to deliver when other companies delivered in six and in eight days. Isn’t it the same 2924 miles for all three companies except the lying, incompetent, lazy, fraudulent company took 32 days.

Updated on 10/04/2021: I was moving from a three bedroom condominium unit in Lake Oswego, Oregon to a new home I purchased in Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina. During the hiring of ALLEGIANCE MOVING and storage company they promised that it “would take 10 days to two weeks - tops for me to receive my furniture.” It is now 32 days!!! Three days ago I was told by one of the many deceptive lying ladies in the ALLEGIANCE office that my furniture had been loaded onto a truck from a warehouse in Oregon and would be here within five or six business days; which would be tomorrow or Wednesday. After the many lies these deceitful lying ladies have told me, I have very serious doubts that I will receive the furniture then.

I have contacted the department of transportation and other agencies regarding their deceit and if I do not receive my furniture this week I will file a lawsuit against them. I have called him several weeks apart over the course of this past month and they have intentionally willfully deliberately and knowingly lied each of those times telling me that 1. The truck broke down. 2. The furniture is located in some bizarre location and is being held there for one reason or another. 3. The furniture is on its way and will be there shortly. Their last comment - that it was loaded onto a truck from a warehouse in Oregon is indicative of the many lies they told during this past month. I urge all consumers considering a shortening for a long move to avoid ALLEGIANCE MOVING AND STORAGE like the plague; they are a fraudulent company in virtually every aspect they deal with.

Original Review: ALLEGIANCE MOVERS a review. The first thing you need to know about ALLEGIANCE MOVERS, which of course they make sure they never tell you, is that they are not actually a moving company; they are brokers, who hires moving companies for the various trips across the United States. Frequently these companies or drivers are not available and the truck holding your belongings sits in a parking lot or warehouse in various locations waiting for drivers to become available. This fact CONSIDERABLY lengthens the amount of time that it will take for your furniture to reach you, even though their standard statement when they are hired is “it will be anywhere from 8 to 10 days to receive your furniture - tops.” This statement is but one of many intentional, willful, deliberate, knowing lies this company will tell you.

The second thing you need to know about ALLEGIANCE MOVERS is that they are among the most expensive, if not THE most expensive, moving company in the United States. It does not matter if you proceed as I did, with a tape measure moving room to room listing precisely each item to be moved and its precise dimensions. The estimator you will speak to is merely jotting down information and coming up with a rough approximation of where in the truck they will put their maximum designation of the location of your goods. That never matters, by the way since as soon as your goods are loaded onto the truck, they are clear to point out in the contract in very tiny print, that the price you will pay could be several times more greater than the amount originally specified.

The third thing you need to know about ALLEGIANCE MOVERS, is that when you personally have moved a short distance or perhaps even cross country as I did, and you are attempting to understand the status of your goods, there is virtually, absolutely, totally, thoroughly, overwhelmingly, incontrovertibly no way to reach them. No matter what number you are given for ALLEGIANCE MOVERS it all leads to a woman or woman, likely somewhere in a dark bedroom in Florida, who are obviously somehow peripherally connected to the owner or owners of the company.

They attempt to fend off your questions with standard statements, for example “I will check on that tomorrow and find out for you what the situation is“ or perhaps, "I am not a mover so I can’t answer that specifically" or perhaps even offering a personal assessment of the solution which is usually similar to logic from a standup comic. "Well even though they told you 10 days. It is going to be 4 to 6 weeks because they’re moving your goods 2900 miles and there are legal limits as to how far they can drive and how long they can work."

A person of simple intelligence can calculate that driving 2900 miles over 30 days is 96 miles a day, at 60 miles an hour is about 1-½ hours per day of work. My personal theory is that, legally, drivers are legally allowed to work more than 1-½ hours a day. My favorite when inquiring about one of many delays in receipt of my furniture "oh, the truck broke down." Just more intentional, willful, deliberate, knowing lies from ALLEGIANCE MOVERS.

The fourth thing you need to know about ALLEGIANCE MOVERS is that If you are at all concerned about your move because perhaps you’ve sold your place and someone else is moving in, Is that they will change the pick up of your furniture date several times before they get there. The date my furniture was picked up was changed four times in the final week it was due to be picked up; and it was picked up on the final day possible by three young men, who seem to do a reasonable wrapping job of the valuable pieces of the furniture; but moved lackadaisically among other things. I had almost $3300 in cash in a bank envelope stashed in a briefcase in a back bedroom, the last place to be packed, and was, at the insistent request, asked to check out the truck being loaded. I found a few hours later that one of the three young men head filtered through every pocket in my briefcase and relieved me of the envelope of cash.

As for delivering my furniture to North Carolina from Oregon, it is now 29 days since my furniture was initially loaded onto a truck in Lake Oswego, Oregon to be driven - I assumed to Fuquay-Varina North Carolina - and I have yet to receive any furniture, only many varied reasons why I do not have my furniture. I was told yesterday, that - contrary to the many imaginative lies told me regarding the location of my furniture across the country by the deceitful ladies of ALLEGIANCE - that my furniture was "just loaded onto a truck from a warehouse in Oregon, and they guarantee I would have it in 4-5 working business days.

I should read my contract which states that they have 30 business days to deliver my furniture. I do not believe this lie either from the several deceitful ladies in the ALLEGIANCE office. I am uncertain who I should notify when my furniture does not show up as the deceitful ladies of ALLEGIANCE MOVERS have promised. All I am now certain about: EVERYTHING MY WIFE AND I HAVE ACCUMULATED IN OUR 80 YEAR LIVES HAS BEEN STOLEN BY ALLEGIANCE MOVING AND STORAGE COMPANY.

The final thing you need to know about ALLEGIANCE MOVERS is that without exception; every person I spoke with or dealt with from that company was a liar and/or a thief. I sincerely hope that you will do yourself a great favor in considering any short move or any cross-country move, such as mine; and, AVOID ALLEGIANCE MOVING AND STORAGE COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE. Read more at: **

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

The guys down here did a nice job but those guys up North were awesome. We had one antique table that was broken but the guys did a great job. I couldn't have been more pleased.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

Great feedback! We genuinely appreciate it and we're glad to hear that you're happy with your relocation!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

The move went fine. The only thing I didn't like was that there was a big extra charge at the end. They said it was because they couldn't get the big truck in my neighborhood. I was at the whim of what size truck they used. I felt a little bit ripped off by that.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We will use it to improve our services.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

When I contacted Allegiance, I got to speak with a human being, which is a rare thing. They walked me through my questions and there was pretty good follow-up, too. They called me a couple of days before the move, the day after, and the day before to be sure that the move was scheduled appropriately. I moved from Queens in New York City to the Bronx in New York City. So it was not that far, but a move is a move.

Allegiance's reps were able to pack up my stuff in my old residence, move me to my new residence, then unpack me at my new residence. The moving crew was personable, quick, and efficient. There were a couple of things that were broken, but that’s part of the process. They were apologetic and it was nothing big. Plus, I got reimbursed and a rebate for my broken stuff. All in all, they were there for me to give me assistance when I needed it. It was hard for me because it was a stressful experience moving and I don't know how much of that was due to them and how much of that was due to me. But they made it easier for me than it would have been without them them there.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

Great Feedback! We genuinely appreciate it and we're glad to hear that you're happy with your relocation service!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

My buddy said that Allegiance was the cheapest and their guys were the quickest that could do my move. So, I went with them and the moving coordinator was awesome. He was super helpful, walked me through everything, and tried his best to keep it within my budget. The final cost came out a little bit more than what I was expecting, but I got the amount after the phone call walkthrough. It's a lot different than the in-person walkthrough and I probably just forgot some things during the phone walkthrough. Other than that, the movers were great. They accidentally ended up packing a couple of the items that were owned by my roommates but that boiled down to more or less the roommate not paying attention with their packing. I had everything separated and when the movers went to the living room, they just grabbed everything and I don’t think he was paying attention that he left some of his stuff out.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

We are delighted to read your feedback about your relocation service! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the perfect service to each customer!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

If I had known Allegiance was a broker, I would never have gone with them. The price of the move went from $7,000 to $11,000. The rep said that it was the amount of boxes and whatever they called it that they covered. But the rep was cool and set everything up. It's just that when the movers were supposed to be there, they called and said that one of the guys had gotten sick. So they weren't gonna load me that day. Then the next day, when they came to load me, one of the guys didn't have a valid driver's license. He spent the greater part of the morning or part of the day trying to get his driver's license all straightened out. We made the cashier's check out to Allegiance and the guy couldn't take it because it wasn't made out to him. So, I had to go back to the bank and get another cashier's check made out to them.

You don't know what company you're going with till they get here to load. You think you're going with Allegiance and some guy with the name of his company taped on the outside of his door. The crew weren't very professional. They didn’t have uniforms and I was worried about them being so skinny, not being able to load and lift everything but they did good. They loaded everything up but they were not gentle with a lot of the stuff.

My freezer was damaged. They put the straps around it too tight so I got dents in it and where they taped the doors of my buffet, some of the finish came off when I pulled the tape. On my sewing tables, I had to get some stuff to get the glue that was still on there. They padded the stuff that was breakable and needed to be handled very gently like my TVs, which was good because they didn't get ruined. But my furniture did not make it here in great shape. We were told that they would disassemble my husband's desk and then put it back together when they got here but they didn't. We had to put the desk together ourselves.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

We sincerely apologize about your experience with your service. We appreciate your feedback and would like to make things right. Someone from our customer service team will be contacting you within 48 hours to help assist with your resolution.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

After the first day, I called back to make some changes and the broker seemed a little upset. Also, the estimate could have been a little more accurate. It was way off and it wasn't fixed because I called and couldn't get anybody. I got an answering machine and my furniture was being loaded. I paid the extra fee. But the people who moved me were friendly and professional. They did a good job. Allegiance still has my stuff in storage. It's gonna be there for a couple months and hopefully, everything will be alright.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

We appreciate your feedback! We aim to provide the best service for our customers.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

I was contacted quickly and efficiently. All services were outlined and specific. We will see how they do with loading and shipping all of our belongings. Ronald was very helpful and helpful with finding a company that could move a vehicle.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We are happy that you're enjoying your service!

Original review: July 31, 2021

Company was contracted to move specific items discussed in detail, furnished in advance. The deposit required was paid as requested. Truck and driver who showed up were two days past their contract, and demanded twice the estimated balance owed. They attempted to get us to sign a substitute contract, and threatened to walk off the job. They also demanded cash only.

Original review: July 31, 2021

The moving coordinator from Allegiance was very professional. Everything went as planned. The movers got to my current home before I did, and so everything was fine. There was a damage on one of my bookcases but I let it go. The only thing is I had paid to have them wrap an original painting that I had bought from an artist, and they didn't even wrap it. They stuck it in the box with other things. It was a large painting. I haven't even taken it out to see if it was damaged. I can't get into the garage. I was really horrified that they hadn’t wrapped it in bubble wrapper, especially when I paid $25 a box. They just shoved it in there. I wrapped my things better than they did. I had most of the wrapping done, but I didn't have a box large enough for that. I had asked them to do a couple things, and they didn't even wrap individually or put cardboard in between. I was not very happy.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to tell us about your experience. We strive to provide excellent customer service and regret the experience you've had. We'll schedule someone from our customer service team to contact you to form a solution.

Original review: July 28, 2021

I did all the packing myself and they kept checking in to see how I was doing. The only negative thing that I came across was that I don't think I was ever notified of the quantity of the number of boxes that I can have. I was quite surprised when the price came in at $8,000. The other thing is that when it came to moving me, we had certain people and I understand the tipping for those guys. Then when it came to paying, I paid a price upfront and I had to pay the rest when we get to the destination. But it seemed that it wasn't the same people I was making the payment to. I was making it to another company and that made me very leery. But everything turned out okay and I didn't have any problems with any of the furniture.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We will use it to improve our service.

Original review: July 22, 2021

The crew that helped me move arrived on time, and they were very nice. Good communication too. They explained stuff and they were easy to work with.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

Great feedback! We genuinely appreciate it and we are glad to hear that you are happy with your service!

Original review: July 14, 2021

I talked to a couple of people and they were in detail on what they do, what they provide, and what kind of services I would get. They gave me one predicted time. It just took a bit longer than they had projected. I got an initial cost. And after a few more things were done, the cost escalated a bit more. Other than that, I was still satisfied with the move.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

Thank you, Mark. We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We're happy to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: July 13, 2021

Allegiance was the broker and the guy out of Vegas had to rent a truck because his own truck didn't work. He showed up a day late and did a good job but he hired these two guys. One of them stole some of my prescriptions and my identity. He made a bunch of charges on my credit card the day after we moved. Then, when they got back to Vegas, they put two other guys on my order and those guys showed up and wouldn’t load anything without a certified check. The quote was way higher than I was given in the first place. They said the load was a little bigger than they thought and I told them to tell me how much more it was going to be. They said they couldn’t tell me until they load it up and weigh it. So, I had no room to argue and I paid what they wanted.

Going out of Salem cost me $2500 and getting them loaded in Green Valley, Arizona cost me $2700. It was ridiculous. There’s no sense in arguing with these guys. I wouldn’t recommend anybody go to a broker. These broker houses do whatever they want to do. But it's not Allegiance’s fault. It’s the guys that are running some outfit out of Vegas.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for your recent relocation experience and would like to assist you. Someone from our team will be following up shortly to assist you with a resolution.

Original review: July 8, 2021

I told the rep that I was searching and would make a decision after I looked at companies. He gave me all the information I needed to do the research. In the end, we chose Allegiance and they were very accommodating. We initially didn't know the exact location of the place we got. I called back and they had to make a change. They also explained to me how long the process would be and the approximate time frame. The moving crew was also very pleasant and they did a very good job with packing things. They wrapped things. I was told prior that the first estimate you get is not gonna be your actual cost. That went up a couple of times. Other than that, they treated everything with care. The ones that did the actual pick-ups and drop-offs were the same people.

Allegiance Moving and Storage response

Thank you Terri!We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We're happy to hear we were able to provide your relocation needs!

Original review: July 7, 2021

We were moving from Colorado Springs to Helena, Montana, and we had a tight timeline. Allegiance Moving worked with us well and I was happy with that. However, they slipped our day-by-day. They basically said, "Oops, sorry, we can't make that day," which caused some problems with our closing because I had to be there for an extra day. Fortunately, that resolved itself in other means. All in all, I liked Allegiance Moving. They were good, friendly, and happy and they were not ridiculously expensive.

Allegiance Moving and Storage Company Information