4.1/5 (149 ratings)
Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

About Alder Security

Alder Security offers home security systems for those who want basic coverage. It’s also known for its fast response times. The basic package is affordable and offers a nice line of equipment. Alder bills itself as a simple home solution that doesn’t go over the top in terms of the latest and most technologically involved equipment.

Pros

• Fast response time
    • Affordable plans
    • Professional and DIY installation

Cons

• Difficult cancellation process
    • Pricing not available on website

Bottom Line

Alder Security offers affordable basic plans for medical emergencies and break-ins. Its cancellation process might not be the simplest, but we like its quick responses and options for DIY and professional installation.

Alder Security Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alder Security?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alder Security?

Original review: April 19, 2021

To figure out how to set up the camera would be nice. I have called in to speak to somebody, but Alder Security said that I would need to get a laptop. It has a QR code on it that my phone could not read because the camera is messed up on it. And the only way to set it up is that way. Other than that, I had decent interactions with the reps.

Original review: April 19, 2021

I talked to the rep when I signed up for Windstream, and he explained all the details about the package and all the equipment that Alder would send out. I told him I would talk to my husband, so I did that day. And the next day, the rep called me back when he said he would and signed me up, so he was great all along. Everything has been great, so far.

Original review: April 18, 2021

The Alder Security system is great. It took about a couple of minutes to install. The representative I spoke with was nice and she helped me out.

Original review: April 17, 2021

The installation was pretty easy but I wished the cord was a little longer so that I could move it around. Other than that, I definitely recommend Alder Security to other people.

Original review: April 17, 2021

The guy from Alder Security was knowledgeable about everything and everything went smoothly, just as it was supposed to. I installed the system myself and the instructions were very self-explanatory. The system always works and I'm satisfied. I would recommend it to anyone.

Original review: April 16, 2021

I made a bad decision going with Alder Security. It was just horrible, from day one to the end. It took almost three months to get through because of inadequate information, as far as connecting with the payments or whatever the case may be. Then every time I got a shipment, it was wrong. It's not even up and running right now because I'm not sure how to get it connected.

Original review: April 16, 2021

The Alder Security rep walked me through the installation. I made the mistake of putting the automatic timer on every night at 9 o'clock so it backfired a couple of times and we were having some cops show up when we wanted to sleep. But beyond that, the security system does its job.

Original review: April 15, 2021

I feel like Alder Security was a lot better and a lot cheaper than the rest of the companies were. I loved the features in my service package. It’s a really good system to have.

Original review: March 20, 2021

My mother died in December 2020, 10 days shy of her 83rd birthday. We discovered that she had some kind of "security" system with Alder, where they charged her $50 a month for a system that seemed to do no more than tell her when a door was open. We called almost immediately to cancel the service. They refused to discuss anything without my late mother's pass code, which was buried with her. When we finally were in possession of a code that was supposed to allow them to speak with us, they refused to discuss cancellation and transferred us to another department. That department also refused to say anything, other than to say the "request" for cancellation would be "reviewed." Little did we know they had already referred my mother to a debt collector, as a day later we received a letter demanding more than $2400!

Apparently, upon learning that my mother was dead, they immediately sent the case to collection. We have never seen a copy of the contract my mother allegedly agreed to, but based on the amount demanded it appears she was approached by Alder just prior to her 82nd birthday. There is no way my elderly mother would have knowingly agreed to a five-year contract that could not be cancelled even at death. The only explanation is misrepresentation and exploitation of the elderly. This company lacks and scruples and attorney generals across the nation need to take notice and take action to stop them from continuing to prey upon vulnerable older Americans like my mother. They are a disgrace.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

Absolutely, under no circumstances do I recommend this company! We signed up for their security system on July 5, 2017. In October 2018, we bought a new home. After moving, our 2 choices with Alder were to re-sign a new 60-month contract or buy out of our contract at almost $3,000. Awesome choices, huh? Once we moved in to our new home, it took them 2 months... Yes, I said 2 MONTHS to send a technician out to install our system. Not only did we have to go buy temporary fire and carbon monoxide alarms, we had to pay our monthly fee even though we weren't receiving their services.

Fast forward a year and my family was on vacation when our fire alarm went off. Alder called and dispatched the fire department TO OUR OLD ADDRESS!!! For an entire year they hadn't updated our address in the security department. Oh, you can bet they had updated our address in their billing department though! Thankfully, the fire alarm was a false alarm (which happens FREQUENTLY) otherwise we would've lost our house. So now what we're left with, is a subpar security system with no cameras for the next 3 years. Do NOT make the same mistake we did!!!

Alder Security Company Information