4.1/5 (169 ratings)
Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

About Alder Security

Alder Security offers home security systems for those who want basic coverage. It’s also known for its fast response times. The basic package is affordable and offers a nice line of equipment. Alder bills itself as a simple home solution that doesn’t go over the top in terms of the latest and most technologically involved equipment.

Pros

• Fast response time
    • Affordable plans
    • Professional and DIY installation

Cons

• Difficult cancellation process
    • Pricing not available on website

Bottom Line

Alder Security offers affordable basic plans for medical emergencies and break-ins. Its cancellation process might not be the simplest, but we like its quick responses and options for DIY and professional installation.

Alder Security Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alder Security?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alder Security?

Original review: May 2, 2021

The sales rep was very nice. They had to call my brother because my phone wouldn't let me go to the thing where you sign so they did it on my brother's phone. I got the outdoor and indoor cameras in my package and I can't wait to get the system hooked up. I'm gonna recommend Alder.

Original review: May 1, 2021

Any questions I had were answered right away or if the reps didn't know the answer, they looked it up and got back to me in a timely fashion. We did the installation through the app and it was easy. My wife and I were able to do it and my 13-year-old son was able to successfully do the cameras. We're highly enjoying the Alder security system. Each day, my wife is finding something new that she’d do through the app, to arm and disarm it. We feel a lot more at ease and a lot more settled in now that we have the security. We're also able to get the alerts on our phone every time a vehicle drives by the house.

Original review: April 30, 2021

I was signing up for a new service and Alder Security offered a free trial. We moved into a house instead of an apartment, so we opted to get a security system around our home. The rep from Alder explained the rates, why the system was going to be pretty good, how long I was gonna have it for, et cetera. She seemed very competent. The installation was pretty straightforward and easy. They had a pretty straightforward manual. One thing I thought was that the cameras are kind of stuck to a surface, but I had to drill holes inside of my house, which I was kind of surprised of.

I feel like some of their features are pretty limited. I have that big screen in my house, but it shows me alert and it shows me when the door opens. So, it's kind of pointless. I can talk to people on it. So, that's good, but it'll be nice if with all these cameras that I had in the house, I could use that big screen to look at things in the house or outside my house because I have window cameras on the side of my house.

Original review: April 29, 2021

I needed a system that I could watch the front of my store without it blinking out and then asking me if I was still watching. I can lose tons of merchandise by that blinking out if I can't see the front. So I chose to go with Alder Security. My salesperson was wonderful. But it took so long to get everything. When I asked them for a technician to come out because I really didn't understand it, they wouldn't send a technician out. If a new customer requests something like that, they should just go ahead and have their technician come out and go over it with their new customer instead of a lot of headaches. It makes them more reputable. But they just said that I could do it myself.

I ended up calling the 1-800 number for technical support. A couple of other gentlemen were very nice, patient and walked me through it. It may take a couple of tries to get the system together but other than that, it's fine. It's a good system and I like it. You can actually see everything that goes on and it doesn't blink out.

Original review: April 28, 2021

The support we receive from Alder is great but we have the consistent problem of the system going off without us or anything else triggering it. I reached out last night and they said they fixed it so I'm hoping it'll be fixed now. We only have one indoor camera and I wish that we could have gotten more cameras but I can't figure out a way going through Alder's website to order more.

Original review: April 27, 2021

The customer service was excellent, but the security system itself is really annoying. I don't really care for it because every time I touch it, it goes off. The police have come to my house three times while I was trying to set it up. But the customer service helped me figure out how to set it up to where if I move it, it doesn't go off. But for some reason, it reverted back to something. Everything else is great, though. I put up the system by myself and it was simple to do. The only thing that was not making sense was every time I tried to set it up, it told me to do a test. Then every time I did the test, it was calling the police, which was dumb. Also, I don't like how you have to have it plugged up in a wall. But all in all, I live alone and it helps me feel secure at night.

Original review: April 26, 2021

I spoke to somebody a month ago and I got this package with the stuff for windows. They sent me an indoor camera but I wanted an outdoor camera. So it's useless to me. I'm not gonna hook up something I don't want or have no use for.

Original review: April 25, 2021

I ordered the home security system from Alder and it was a little difficult to get it installed. But dealing with the rep was fine.

Original review: April 24, 2021

Alder had the best offer, specifically the price of the equipment and the monthly payment, so I went with them. I'm grateful that I chose them because they are amazing. The only thing I had problems with was trying to set up the camera to their equipment, but I didn't know it was through my phone. But everything else went very well. Everything is very simple to use. I like when the system goes off, it will let you know. It sends you alerts that each and every time that you go in and out your home. It’s running right. Everything is down pat. Everything is orchestrated right. I've been telling people about Alder.

Original review: April 23, 2021

I have the app. I like that I can see my house now that I have working cameras when I'm not home. Alder's sales representative was fine, but I had problems with the company. The first week was good, but the succeeding weeks were horrible. I ended up having to call back because my cameras weren't working. The representative that I spoke to said that he would send me some new cameras and to return the ones that weren't working. It was two outdoor cameras. But he sent me two indoor cameras.

When I called back, I ended up talking to nine different people because the first few had nasty attitudes and they were telling me that they couldn't send me any more cameras without me first returning the others. I told them, "I did not make the mistake. Y'all made the mistake." So, they said that they would give me a credit for this month's bill. I called yesterday because they made me pay full price and I went two and a half weeks with no cameras. The person I talked to yesterday ended up giving me a credit for the next month's bill. I'm just gonna see how this month goes. And if it's not good, then I plan on terminating with them and going with someone else.

Alder Security Company Information