2. Miscellaneous

1.0/5 (50 ratings)

About A&E Factory Service

A&E Factory Service Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about A&E Factory Service?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about A&E Factory Service?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

Really no stars. Worse customer service ever. First Lowe's made this appointment for me to have A & E service my Refrigerator under the extended warranty. The appointment window was 1 to 5. Got a call from the service tech about 3:30 that he may not be able to keep the appointment because scheduling keeps over booking their technicians. Complained he lived in Lake Stevens and had a job in Redmond. Later received another call (left voicemail) that, "We would not make it to my appointment," and I would need to reschedule. I was sent a text to reschedule just to find out that in the notes they said I was not home for my appointment (flat out lie).

Contacted A & E and the service rep proceeded to argue with me about not being home. I then played the voicemail left by the technician and requested a supervisor contact me. This was Friday morning. Told it would be within 3 days. I am still waiting. Guess they just don't care that people have to leave work and wait for a no show.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

My ice maker quit working. LG referred me to A&E for the repair. The tech said the fill tube was frozen. He proceeded to thaw it out. Cost:$105 labor. It didn't last through the night. I woke up the next morning to the same problem. Another call and rescheduled for next week. Same guy shows up and says it's frozen again and he doesn't know why. I finally get him to call someone that knows what they're talking about. He says I need a new water valve. They claim the part will cost $230(!). Nope. I found the part online for $90 with tax and shipping and installed it myself in less than 1/2 hr. A&E was incompetent and price gouging. Save yourself a lot of grief and money. Find someone else.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I have a stove with faulty ignitor switches that has a recall on it. I have been waiting since February of 2021 to have a technician repair/replace. It is now August of 2021 and still not repaired. They schedule the appointments then cancel 1-4 hours after they were to be at my home. The stove knobs are so dangerous that they will turn the gas on when the knob is barely touched. There is no safety mechanism on the knob to prevent this. At least 4 times we have encountered our home filling with gas because a knob was bumped when someone walked by it or someone leaned against it to reach in the cabinet above the stove.

I have explained to at least 10 or 11 different people that my house is at risk of blowing up if we do not get this repaired asap. We are going on 7 months of waiting, no shows, cancellations and excuses! This is the most ridiculousness thing I have ever encountered in my entire life. I am now looking for an attorney to sue the maker of the stove and A&E, before my house blows up and kills my family or worse. I also fear for our neighbor's home as well.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Repairman checked washer and stated we needed a new electric board. He would order it and replace the board in one week. One week later no show. Called GE Services and A&E said job completed and no other work needed. Called another service and it was not the board but other part and was replace. I DO NOT recommend this company.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

This company is the service company for all Lowe's Department Store extended warranties you purchase for appliances. First, you cannot get through to the 800 # on the warranty paperwork. You are on hold for more than an hour and it disconnects you each time. I finally had the store direct connect me somehow and when I spoke with the company I told them about the "ER" message on my dishwasher.

The rep had me do a few different troubleshooting things and still nothing. He informed me I needed a new keypad and I needed to wait 2 weeks for an appt. I asked if the repair guy will come prepared to fix the keypad and he said yes. I left work early and the repair guy came 2 weeks later. He was there 5 mins and said, "You need a new keypad". I said, "I knew this 2 weeks ago and you were supposed to come able to fix it." He said no and that it would be 10 days to even get the part and then I was looking at another 2 weeks from that date for another appt. So I will be going without a dishwasher for over a month.

I called Lowe's and asked if they had any other repair company that works on their warranties and they said no. I told them for the money we pay for the extended warranty, they need a new repair company. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THE LOWE'S WARRANTIES AND BE PREPARED TO WAIT A MONTH FOR THIS COMPANY TO MAYBE FIX YOUR ITEM. Lowe's has no help for their customers.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

We were referred to A&E by LG to fix our refrigerator that was not cooling. We were given a time frame from 1-5pm on August 4th. On August 3rd we received an email stating the service tech would be there between 1:57 pm and 3:27 pm. At 4:00 pm my husband called to ask where the tech was and we were told he would be there by 6:00 pm. Service Tech arrived at 6:05 pm with another tech saying his van broke down (Ya right. Seems to be their go to response to everyone. We knew it was ** as soon as he said it). Tech came in and put his hand inside of the refrigerator and said it was cold. We explained that when the doors were opened several times a day it would heat up to above 50 degrees. When you do use it it took like 4 - 5 days to recover back to the correct temperature. The tech refused to do any type of diagnostics and said if he touch the fridge it would void the LG warranty.

First off they are supposed to be LG certified to diagnose the system. I just think he did not want to work on it. After refusing to work on the system my husband escorted them from our house and gave them two minutes to leave. We then called A&E to talk with a supervisor and they keep putting us on hold and then hung up on us. We called back and the same women answered the phone and told us there was a long wait if we wanted to have a supervisor call us back. After being placed on hold again, she returned to ask us if we wanted a call back from a supervisor. My husband said sure. As of now we have not heard a word from A&E management. I went online to A&E's website today to check the status of the ticket and to see if I could write a review on their page, only to find that my ticket, phone number and email no longer exist in their system. Therefore I am sure management will not be calling us. My advice is don't use them for service.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

GE Appliances tried to make an appointment. A& E stated they never received it. I tried several times to fix the problem but was always told I could not. I offered to send my email confirmation from the to get to come over to fix my dishwasher. They wouldn't even give me an email. Would rate them in negative numbers, if I could.

Original review: July 27, 2021

ZERO stars.... Absolutely the worst service and repair company I've dealt with. They are Unreliable & liars and they would make you wait for days to service your appliance. They cancelled my scheduled appointments twice on me without even notifying us. Giving excuses like, "Oh the tech's truck broke down...." You call them and the tech ** answers your questions by reading out of a manual. **!!!

Original review: July 19, 2021

Our Refrigerator needed servicing. The freezer was working, but the upper refrigerator compartment was not. We finally received an appointment for A & E to come repair it. He arrived late, after telling me that his van had broken down (something that I see in a few other comments). He opened the refrigerator door and noted it was cold (we had a tray of dry ice in there to keep the compartment cool for our food). He did not open up the mechanical part of the refrigerator; but merely said "it's working". When we asked him what the problem was, he could not tell us. He said, "I have been working on these for years. It's working". He was very, very surly with me. He was evasive in answering any specifics about the unit and spoke down to me and my wife. He left 20 minutes ago. The compartment has already warmed up to 50 degrees. We have wasted our time with A & E.

Original review: July 19, 2021

Should be ZERO stars. Awful experience; apathetic management; dishonest technicians. Repair technician filed a report lying about coming to my home to repair the appliance. Managers refused to take complaint call, and I was left to deal with customer support representative who does not have any control over the situation. Promised callbacks after filing complaint were not made. Second appointment was also not kept. Technician hung up on my wife. Finally got a supervisor named Franko, who hung up without a word. Worst run business I've ever seen in any industry bar none. Disgraceful behavior gives a bad name to LG, who uses them as service technicians. Whatever you do, do not accept A&E Factory Service as your repair agency. You will be disappointed.

A&E Factory Service Company Information