3.8/5 (733 ratings)

About A&E Factory Service

A&E Factory Service Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about A&E Factory Service?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

I have three complaints.

1. The SAMSUNG representative I spoke with who arranged for this repair ticket told me the service technician would call me before they came and I could the find out how much it would cost to have him out to diagnose the error and I could also get a rough estimate to fix based on the error code showing on the dishwasher.

2. He never called ahead and the number that was listed on the text message I received from A&E regarding this appointment never connected

3. When the technician got here, he never looked at the machine, never inspected it and in fact the power to the machine was never connected. Based on the error code I told him I saw he sat at my kitchen table for ½ hour and looked up part numbers and talked about his son’s college experience and subsequent job hunt. Then he told me to repair electronics would cost roughly between $480 to $500 and the service call was $129.00.

I am very unhappy with this service. If they had called ahead like promised and I knew what it would cost just to have him come out to my house, I would never have had him come out. He could have done over the phone exactly what he did sitting here in my house. This was a complete rip off and I rate this service ZERO.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

A few months ago our trash compactor stopped working, it was and is still under warranty. A&E came out about a week after it was reported. The Tech couldn't move it from under the counter, after he left my husband got it out by moving a part of the appliance that had slipped. He came back about two weeks later for us to be told that the manufacturer wouldn't pay for the needed part but he would put the work order through. Didn't hear back so after three weeks we called them and was told the job was not approved. Another call to the Manufacturer to be told the job was marked "completed' and they no part needed was requested nor denied.

We were assured that our compactor would be fixed and scheduled another visit from A&E who called the day of to say that there was no point in him coming out since he didn't order the needed part. 4th call to the manufacturer, again they assured us the work would be done. Scheduled visit and confirmed appointment again, even on the day of service 16th Jan 23. No call, no show by Jeffery the Tech with A&E after waiting in all day. All four time the manufacturer was charged $130.00 for doing absolutely nothing. 5th call to manufacturer to be told a new appliance would be delivered on Jan 18th. A&E are an abysmal company in my area and are nothing more than shysters and should be investigated.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

Just DONT is all that I can say. Their track record for showing up for appointments is beyond horrible. Customer services is obsolete, it doesn't exist. They don't care about a thing. They miss appointments and they won't call and tell you nor will they call to reschedule. Once you call to reschedule they take no accountability and usually reschedule you 2 weeks out only not to show again. I am sick of it!!! Zero Stars!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

We waited all day for a tech scheduled from 8 to 5. Called...just automated responses. Unacceptable! Not that you probably care, but will be reporting to BBB and adding to Yelp and Google Reviews! I see why this company has a 1 Star Review Record!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

You can never get an actual person on the phone to aid you with any request. The agents you do get on the phone are on a whole other country and can’t actually solve anything. They give you a 9 hour time frame for which the service will be performed! That’s ridiculous! Then if one person calls out sick they don’t have backs up to take over their service calls you get rescheduled for another 9 hour window a week later most of the time. It’s took them over a month to come and look at my washer which was under warranty. Their customer service has gone completely downhill. I won’t be using them again.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

Do NOT USE. It is very hard to call customer service and connect with a real person. I had to call in at least 4 times to their 800# and repairmen do not show up to scheduled appointments and you have to wait 10 days for a rescheduled appointment.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

I bought a Frigidaire refrigerator from American Freight on 7/31/22, it continues to freeze every in the fridge part. I called Frigidaire for service and the agent set the appointment with A&E. First of all, my appointment was for today, 12/30/22, but yesterday when I wasn't home, I am getting phone calls on my cell phone first thing in the morning from the repair technician stating that he was at my front door and it was 12/29/22. What the! Not my appointment date. I called A&E and they had me for 2 days, I have knowledge of only one, which is today. I confirmed today's appointment and have been up since the crack of dawn so as not to miss the technician, stayed home all day. No show, no call!

I received an automated text from A&E's computer at 4:37 pm today stating that I now have a new appointment for 01/11/23, I don't think so! I am not available on that day. Since it's the holiday weekend I have to wait until next week to call Frigidaire to reschedule and request a different service provider. Every review that I have read is bad. If negative was available, I would absolutely choose as low as it could go. Customer Service is the first experience to the quality of a company. Use a different and reliable one, not this one.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

Need a washer dryer repaired in Chesapeake, VA. Tech came 5 minutes until appointment (Wayne) and upon asking him to move his car to guest parking became very irate and then literally drove off. The company rescheduled without any conversation and no way to contact them. Messaging with Sears is no help. This company is complete **. WAYNE CAN GO ** HIMSELF.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

Service guy came over and fixed refrigerator in 5 minutes and changed a part and then charged $456 and replaced a $20 part in that 5 minutes. It is hard to find people that you can trust to give you a fair price.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

This is an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE!! They deserve negative stars. I have been through the wringer with your outsourced contractor for scheduling. You ARE NOT providing the service I paid for, at all. I have called this 800# over 5 times in less than 24 hours and have been different things each time regarding my appointment that was scheduled FOR TODAY!!!

The phone tree options change on top of being almost impossible to get a person on the phone. Between Lowe's and A&E Factory Service, you have failed, epically. You don't provide the service promised and scheduled, therefore you have taken my money deceptively. The tech had to reschedule us last week due to our washer and dryer being stacked (would have been nice to have had that addressed in the original scheduling call) and told us they'd be back on the 22nd. I didn't realize the part the tech ordered a week ago was going to be coming to my house. SO when I get an automated call from the scheduling company to confirm delivery of said part to hold my appointment, I am concerned and confused.

I call them to find out, yes, that part is shipping to me and I need to call by 5pm to confirm its arrival to keep my appointment for the 22nd. The rep can't tell me if that's 5pm PST or EST, it makes a difference. 30 minutes later the part arrives, and I call to say it's here, don't cancel my appointment for tomorrow. The phone tree has changed, and I can't get a live person through the option of selecting "existing appointment", nor does it have the option to confirm my part has arrived! I use the schedule an appointment option to get a representative to confirm my appointment, who tells me I have no appointment and I have to wait until Dec 2nd. I had a few choice words and hung up. Called back to ask for a supervisor and the gal I talked to confirmed my part and told me my appointment for the 22nd was good.

Today I get no calls from the tech confirming they will be here today. I call the 800# again and automated system tells me my appointment is scheduled for the 2nd. I call the schedulers again to find out what the hell is going on with a supervisor. He kept telling us. "I see your appointment was originally set for yesterday the 21st" and we had to keep correcting him that it is for today. He had no answers as to why we were confirmed for today and told us we had to call our warranty company! Are you freaking kidding me?! We had to argue with him for almost 30 mins for him to say he'd put us on a cancelation list for Thursday (on Thanksgiving y'all!!), WTAF. At this point we wait and see if they can get do us a favor and get someone tomorrow or Friday.

A&E Factory Service Company Information