2. Miscellaneous

1.0/5 (42 ratings)

About A&E Factory Service

A&E Factory Service Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about A&E Factory Service?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about A&E Factory Service?

Original review: July 19, 2021

Our Refrigerator needed servicing. The freezer was working, but the upper refrigerator compartment was not. We finally received an appointment for A & E to come repair it. He arrived late, after telling me that his van had broken down (something that I see in a few other comments). He opened the refrigerator door and noted it was cold (we had a tray of dry ice in there to keep the compartment cool for our food). He did not open up the mechanical part of the refrigerator; but merely said "it's working". When we asked him what the problem was, he could not tell us. He said, "I have been working on these for years. It's working". He was very, very surly with me. He was evasive in answering any specifics about the unit and spoke down to me and my wife. He left 20 minutes ago. The compartment has already warmed up to 50 degrees. We have wasted our time with A & E.

Original review: July 19, 2021

Should be ZERO stars. Awful experience; apathetic management; dishonest technicians. Repair technician filed a report lying about coming to my home to repair the appliance. Managers refused to take complaint call, and I was left to deal with customer support representative who does not have any control over the situation. Promised callbacks after filing complaint were not made. Second appointment was also not kept. Technician hung up on my wife. Finally got a supervisor named Franko, who hung up without a word. Worst run business I've ever seen in any industry bar none. Disgraceful behavior gives a bad name to LG, who uses them as service technicians. Whatever you do, do not accept A&E Factory Service as your repair agency. You will be disappointed.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I initially called my Choice Home Warranty service to repair my LG 7600 washing machine. This was on May 17. They assigned to A&E FACTORY SERVICE a subsidiary of Sears Home Service. They took over a week for first service call. Did not have the parts so back order for over ten more days. It still overflowed water so then the Technician decided it needed a new wiring bundle. On the 4th trip he installed the bundle and assured me he has twice run the machine. I took his word on it so we left on vacation and the completion receipt was sent to my CHOICE HOME WARRANTY. I WAS WAITING FOR THIS TO BE COMPLETED AS I wanted to cancel my coverage with them as their service is terrible.

Well when we returned from Vacation with a lot of clothes to wash. When we turned on the WASHING it immediately ran over with water, apparently the tech had not checked it and it still had the same problem. They certainly did not impress me as being professional. I can not say enough about this Lousy, Terrible excuse for a Appliance repair company.

They were supposed to come out today to try again to fix it but said Their work was not warranted (NOT WHAT THEIR ADVERTISING SAID) and I would have to pay the entire bill since I was no longer with the CHOICE WARRANTY SERVICE. I am part of a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT against THE CHOICE HOME WARRANTY initiated by the state ATTORNEY GENERAL against THEM. I will try to get the LOUSY A&H SERVICE added to the lawsuit.

Original review: July 14, 2021

Beginning 4 weeks ago we had contacted A&E Factory Service and scheduled for a service person to look at our leaking washer the following week. The first scheduled appointment ended up as a "no show" no call. We used the confirmation link that was sent to us via text and it was not a valid link. We rescheduled via their online scheduling system for the following week. Again, the day and 4-hour window came and went. We received a text stating that they were here but we were not. This is not true. We were home and watching our phones like hawks.

We then called but the hold time was long so we opted for a call back within 90 minutes. We got a call about 2 hours later letting us know the service person was still slated to come our way despite the fact the time frame window had passed. We then were put on hold during which time we were disconnected by A & E's operator. So, for a third time we rescheduled and waited another week. Today we were once again home and watching our phones only to receive a text stating that we weren't home when they were here. After a one-hour exchange with the online chat system we verified they had our address and phone number correct. The chat operator was not able to establish why this occurred once again. We have now contracted a different repair company as we have no faith in A & E's customer service, technicians, nor tech systems.

Original review: July 9, 2021

I had my dryer repaired two months ago through a home warranty. I had to have them come back as the issue persisted. They failed to show for two scheduled appointments and pushed the appointment back several weeks each time. The dryer still isn’t fixed after over two months. Do not do business with this organization.

Original review: July 6, 2021

I had an issue with my refrigerator and used A&E Factory Service to repair it. I fully regret this decision. I had one technician come out and tell me that he would order the necessary part and follow up to schedule to have it installed. After three weeks of radio silence, I followed up to find out that he had done nothing and that I would have to have another technician come out and re-review the issue. The second technician came out and found a different issue, ordered the necessary parts and scheduled a follow up appointment, but never showed up for the follow up appointment and failed to contact us in any way to indicate he would not be coming or to reschedule.

When we finally got him back out to the house, he found that the parts he ordered were not suitable to solve the issue and so he once again ordered more parts, and scheduled another follow up visit. AGAIN he failed to show up for the scheduled appointment or to contact us in any way to notify or reschedule appointment. At this point it has been over 2 months since I initially reached out about this issue and the refrigerator is still broken. I have very little confidence that A&E Factory Service is capable of fixing this or similar issues and regardless their service is absolutely appalling. I will never use them again.

Original review: June 21, 2021

Jan 4th, 2021, our range was smoking and making electrical shorting sounds in the control panel. Frigidaire set an appointment for us with A&E for a month plus out, saying it was the soonest! Very LONG story short, we STILL, as of June 22nd, 2021, do not have a working stove as the tech, Jim, came out a second time, (1st for him coming out was in May 2021), this Jim was rude and a jerk in May, and was even WORSE this time.

I said today, 6-21- I hope, that after waiting almost SIX MONTHS for the stove to be fully repaired, (we finally had 1 working small burner, and the oven again, which I rarely use), hope the piece of junk works finally, and slapped the top of the stove. This made the tech angry and he said, as he turned and put his tool away, "I am leaving. I won't put up with this violence!" My husband and I were floored! My husband said, "violence? What violence?"

This tech (Jim) walked out, we followed him, and I said "I have no right to be upset about not having a functioning stove for almost six months????" And then I asked him, "Do you have no compassion, and I guess I have no rights?" He shook his head and said, "Not at all", got in his truck and took off, when I realized our old, little (12#'s), deaf dog had gotten out, and the guy almost ran him over!!!! We have put in a complaint to A&E, but only get either India or the Philippines, waiting on hold TWO HOURS, and they just say they'll pass it on. This is absolutely THE WORST company we have ever seen, and again, this has been a near 6 month nightmare!

Original review: May 17, 2021

4 times I’ve had to use them for appliance repairs (company certified technician). 4 times that they have totally screwed me over. They have done everything in their power to make sure that customers have the worst experience ever. This final one (today) was by far the worst. 2 weeks ago, had my oven/microwave serviced. The tech told me I needed A SINGLE PART. He told me he would have the part delivered directly to me. And told me that I was already scheduled for the next service to install said parts, that all I had to do was be home. Well, today, I received a 3rd part. As I sat and waited (my toddlers going nuts because we had to stay home), I was wondering where this guy was.

Half hour before my allotted time was done (I had checked their website MULTIPLE TIMES for my scheduled repair), I called to see where he was. I WAS THEN INFORMED THAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO CALL WHEN ALL THE PARTS HAD ARRIVED! I was never informed it would be more than 1 part (like I was told), nor that I had to call to inform them of the arrival. Never was I given more than one tracking number. I have now been a full month without an oven and microwave...with 2 young toddlers (both under 3) it’s tough. I will seriously, never again, use this company. Would rather pay double to price for another tech to come out for repairs than to ever have to use them again.

Original review: April 28, 2021

I made a claim on my American Home Shield about my broken washing machine. It took two weeks just to get a technician to my house. It was a very friendly fella and it took him about a half hour to diagnose the problems with it. He ordered the parts right in front of me and scheduled a time to come back and fix it. In a week I got a large box in the mail and just put it on the washing machine for the technician. In those two weeks I had received two emails from A and E. The first one telling me that my parts might not get here in time and the second one telling me my parts are on the way and my appointment is still for the day I agreed on with the technician.

The day comes and I sit here waiting all day getting nothing done and no one shows up. So I call the number on the email to find out what's going on, and they tell me that all the parts didn't show up so they didn't send anyone. I was enraged that they never told me that no one was coming, I then asked to speak to a supervisor and then I got hung up on. So I called back and asked again to speak with a supervisor and again I got hung up on. I called back a third time and waited on the line for 15 minutes to talk to a supervisor and was told they will have one call me back in 24 hours. So now I sit here with dirty cloths and no washing machine, and a wasted day.

After all this I will probably drop my American Home Shield and just worry about stuff on my own. In this last month I have been without a washing machine I could of just replaced it and been much happier in life. None of these companies I have talked about in here have people that can speak English enough to really understand what they're saying anyways. That alone makes it even more frustrating when you can't understand what the customer service representative is trying to say. My advice is just to stay clear of both of them, because they are garbage companies anyways.

Original review: April 7, 2021

A & E Factory Service was assigned to me from Home Warranty of America. I filed a claim because our microwave is broken. The technician, who did not have a name badge, microwaved a cup of water to diagnose the problem. It goes snap, crackle and pop, and then smells like an electrical fire. He types up the estimate for repair and tells me it will be $558.48. I questioned the high repair cost for a microwave that costs $334.95 at Home Depot (later to find out it is $279 on Amazon). He didn't expect me to question that I guess, and was basically like, why do you care, you only have to pay the $100 deductible. I asked for his Supervisor and he refused to give me their name or contact information. He came to the home at 10:00 a.m. and left at 10:19 a.m.

I called HWA and he called HWA. I found out later that he told HWA that I was "rude", and refused to pay the deductible. This is a lie because I was never given an invoice and I was never asked for money. He said that "Sears would send me a bill". He sat outside my house from 10:19 a.m. I called A & E Factory Service to make a complaint about the experience. He was still outside my house at 10:55 a.m. With the customer service person on the phone with me, I went outside to ask him why he is still there. He said he was finishing up and he is parked on my street. I found out his name is Tri. This Technician was dispatched from Greensboro, NC.

A&E Factory Service Company Information