1.13/5
  • 1 star
Based on 73 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 8, 2017

750 A&E Factory Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Upon the initial diagnosis of my refrigerator, I was told what parts I needed and what it would cost. I was not able to get the repairs done at that time but the receipt stated that within 90 days of the estimate if I decide to get the repairs done, as opposed to paying another $99 show up fee, I only be charged 1/2 however I was only given $30 off the service call. I scheduled another appointment with Sears (A&E) for the repairs. I took a day off from work and no one showed at all. I had called several times throughout the day to learn what time to expect them and the operator kept telling me they were on their way.

Finally, I get an email way after hours that they are not coming. I called and Sears stated "it's the end of the day, they had to get home to their family." Are you serious? I had to reschedule which was 2 weeks later. I had a tech show up, diagnose the same problem as before, order the parts and a date to install the parts. That same day in the evening, another technician from Sears (A&E) showed up and told me that the tech from this morning does not know what he was talking about, bad mouth the other technician, wasted 2.5 hours of my time, and that the parts he ordered are totally wrong.

He "canceled" the entire previous order, placed a new order under his "technician ID" (Dave - **). I assume to get the credit for this call, and then became argumentative and rude with me in my own home. I asked him to leave and then he sat outside of my home for about a 1/2 hour (I have video footage). Being vindictive, he then canceled all of my parts, my upcoming appointment and I was still charged a service fee. This is unbelievable, the worse service I ever had from Sears (A&E) and in the future, I would "never" use Sears (A&E) for any type of repairs or appliance purchases.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Whirlpool Washer WTW8000DW Purchased 02/28/2016 from HHG. Paid 199.99 for 5 yr service contract. Trouble started 11/09/2017 with washing machine going out of balance in spin/rinse. Drum is spinning at high speed with water running. Goes out of balance. Shuts off. Also had noticed water level almost to top during rinse sometime on any cycle. Reported to A&E. They set an appointment for 11/22/2017. Tried to use stopping washer before spin rinse and just using spin/rinse on panel. Worked fine until it stopped pumping water out and wouldn't go into spin. Also noticed agitator loose. This was on the 20th. Service person was supposed to be there before 5:00pm. Showed after 6:00. Did a diagnostic, said bad door switch, had to order, rescheduled for 12/07 would send part to house and call when it arrived.

Now my wife and I are raising 3 teenage grandchildren to say the least a big inconvenience without washer. Anyway part arrived 11/27 great maybe they can get there before the 7th. Called that night, "Oh sorry we had to reschedule you for 12/14." ?? Needless to say OUTRAGED! Puts me over a month since I started claim. Called they can do nothing. Waiting and wondering and don't think door switch is going to take care of problem. Going out of balance first and then the other problems. May have to find a way to get my 199.99 back and find another washer or repair service. Reviews should have a way to leave less than 1 star, should be in a minus rating.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

This company has the worst service techs in the world. They schedule you so that you have to take off a full day of work, then they don't show up or have the common courtesy to call you to tell you they are not coming, so not only do you lose a day's wages but you don't get your lawn mower fixed either, Sears is who uses this worthless company, but Sears is also worthless so I guess they hire people like themselves. Also this service company never has the proper parts on hand.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I bought a very expensive convection microwave oven from Sears. Just after the warranty expiration it broke. I called A&E out to fix, and they did and talked me into an extended warranty, which I bought. The microwave broke again, same thing, a couple of years later, after warranty expired (of course). I called them out again, and they were able to fix it for a lot of money.

Long story short, the microwave broke a third time, same story, but this time I called them with the error code and they told me to buy the part and then they would come out and install it. I did, and two weeks later a guy showed up to install. He immediately said it was the WRONG PART and wanted me to pay him $250 for the visit!! He told me to buy a new microwave. I explained how expensive that one was and told him I wanted to call A&E and talk to someone about the part, but he was angry and in a huff because I wouldn't pay right then, and he left!!!

I finally got through to A&E and told them what happened, and they said, "Oh, I guess it's the wrong part," but there is NO PART, that microwave model is no longer produced! I ended up having to buy a new microwave. Two months later I got an invoice from Sears/A&E demanding the $250 payment or they would send it to debt collection.

I wrote them and explained the whole situation, but they wrote back and said I had to pay or they would ding my credit. I wrote again and complained about the poor service. They wrote back and said they could reduce it to $140, but that was the lowest they would go. I wrote again, and again they replied and said, "Pay now or it would be reported to the credit agency." I finally gave up and paid, but I am very, very, very, upset with this company. DO NOT CHOOSE THEM FOR SERVICE! Don't purchase anything from Sears!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

The washing machine from Sears (GE) started giving us trouble about a year ago and since we have the extended warranty, or service contract, we called Sears, and they sent A&E out. This was in March of this year. The guy could not fix it (need parts) so this began the long process of ordering parts. And repeating this process several times, and now it is November, and the washer still does not work. This was the last straw, so we called and demanded that they send this (incompetent) serviceman back out the next day order to get it working. No good. The earliest they said was the end of December! After this last trip and no result (again!), we have decided to get a new machine from someone who does not use this useless outfit, and sue them for the cost of the new machine. Never again from Sears as long as they use these people!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about A&E Factory Service?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

We purchased the extended warranty through Sears on our washer. It started leaking so we called and two weeks later a repairman shows up to tell us he cannot find anything wrong. A month later the washer malfunctions again and floods three rooms! Call in again and another two weeks a repairman shows up and says he found an issue but does not have the part and has to order it. Tells us it will be shipped to our home and WE will have to call back in to schedule another appointment. I call and like the times before on hold for 30 + minutes to speak to a unfriendly person who speaks broken English and find out it will be ANOTHER two weeks to get the new part installed. On top of all this we have to deal with another third party company to fight to get the water damage taken care of. What a run around and waste of hours of my time on hold, getting transferred from one place to another AND having to take our laundry somewhere.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

My Kenmore refrigerator quit working on November 4th 2017, I called Sears and they set up an appointment with A&E to come out on the 17th. That is 2 weeks without a refrigerator and they said that soonest appointment they had. That was ridiculous and what am I supposed to do with all my food. They didn't have any sympathy and wouldn't do anything else to help. I got a call from Sears automated message the day before the appointment saying the repairman would be at my house between 8 and 5. They were supposed to call when they were on their way so I could be home, he didn't call until he was sitting in my driveway. I told him I was at work and he would have to wait until I could get there, he also asked if I had the part to be replaced. I informed him that nobody has been there yet to diagnose the problem and why he coming.

I also found out that he came from Bloomington which is two hours away, plenty of time that he could have called to tell me he was on his way. I have already had the company that I bought the fridge come out and they told me it was a bad compressor or a leak in the sealed system and that's when they told me it has a parts warranty on those parts and that I would have to call Kenmore. I was told that when A&E came out that they would completely diagnose the problem so we knew it was worth fixing. The A&E man checked a couple of things and called Sears diagnostics, they wanted some readings from him and then he was told to order a compressor then checked sealed system for a leak when he returns to install the compressor. He told he needed payment ($310!!!) for labor upfront before he could order parts and be another 2 weeks before he could return.

He also told me he thought it might need a circuit board because the fridge is saying it is 32 degrees in the fridge and -2 in the freezer and it is actually 72 inside both. I told him I wanted the seal system checked today so I know if it's worth fixing because Kenmore might replace the fridge or give me money back depending on the cost of repairs. He said he didn't have time to leak check today. I told him I wouldn't pay anything until my fridge was fully diagnosed and he refused to do anything else today so I told him just to leave. He then told me I needed to pay an $89 diagnosis fee and I told him I wasn't paying any money until he completely diagnosed my fridge so he left.

I called Sears back to see what they were going to for me now based on A&E' s report and they said the only thing in the report was that I refused to pay. So Sears/Kenmore has no idea what the extent of the repairs could be. Both of these companies are terrible to deal with and we never buy Sears again. If you buy any appliances make sure where you buy from can work on their products warranty or not. I learned this lesson the hard way.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Reported a heavy frosting problem with our LG french door fridge with bottom freezer about 3 weeks ago. I should mention that the fridge and freezer worked perfectly until and at this time but frosting hinted of future problems. Our Lowe's long-term purchased warranty was meant for these events. A&E service tech came and examined fridge and we were told "need part". Part was sent about a week later (from LG??). Subsequent service visit occurred yesterday but from a different A&E tech. On instructions from first tech visit we had defrosted the fridge for 2 hours prior to the tech's arrival. (Not required - just trying to be helpful).

Tech muttered during his "repair"??? Approx 1 hour repair, after which the tech told us to leave the fridge in the middle of our kitchen since moving it would likely spill the contents of the condensate pan onto our new Hickory hardwood floor (not good). The tech guessed that overnight the evap fan would evaporate the water in the pan. I guess draining a quart or so of this water was too much for this tech and his opinion was that a fridge in the middle of our small kitchen made perfect sense. The tech never checked for cooling in either fridge or freezer. About an hour after his departure we thought it the right time to re-load the fridge and freezer.

Luke-cool fridge and room-temp freezer. One more hour passed and both fridge and freezer were room temp and not cooling. Called A&E - "closed". Called Lowe's who held us while consulting with A&E by phone and was told someone will call within 30 minutes to set up an immediate return visit. Waited 90 minutes and no call. Called Lowe's who again called A&E who told them "ticket closed" will set up for Nov 27 visit. Called Lowe's and A&E first thing next morning and were told by A&E that the "first available" appt for re-visit is Nov 27. FOUR DAYS AFTER THANKSGIVING!!! (Day of this call was Nov 16)!!! Day of tech visit was Nov 15.

Did I mention that both fridge and freezer were working fine up to the point of the tech visit? Called the A&E resolution HOTLINE this morning (Nov 17) and was told "Nov 27"! (Some resolution). Pleas went without response by third-world boiler-room phone - babe. (A true "resolver"). Thankfully Lowe's intervened with A&E and so far - NO RESULT! Also thankfully Lowe's furnished a loaner fridge which is doing fine and we wait...

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

One of appliances went out and we had Sears Home Repair come to fix it. After the initial consultation they double charged my wife's credit card. We immediately called them (Sears/A&E) and got passed to multiple people and saying that they would look into it even though we provided them proof that they charged us twice. This was even before our appliance was repaired. We had to order a part before this could fix it. The 2nd time around they came to fix it (which they did). The technician had to call in my credit card information for the final repair charges. We said however we would not pay unless we got reimbursed from the first time around. The person on the phone claimed they had initiated the correction and then proceeded with the new charge. At the same time the repair tech swiped my credit card claiming it would not charge but it was just to close out the service.

However, the charge ran through as well as the charge from the rep on the phone. I immediately grabbed my computer to check my credit card balance and alerted them that they charged me 2x's. The person on the phone said that charge by the service tech would not go through and if necessary let my credit card company know just in case. Well, it has been almost a month and we have not been reimbursed for both double charges (~ $700 in total that we are owed). We have been emailing back and forth and getting nowhere so far. The billing specialist claims they have initiated reimbursement but we have yet to see anything. We have tried other channels at Sears and we get an explanation of what the charges were for but they don't acknowledge the billing mistake. I would watch out if you are using Sears Home Repair/A&E.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I purchased an LG front loading washer back in 2013 from Lowe's, and at that time purchased the extended protection plan. Little did I know at that time of whom they used for their service repairs... At the beginning of October we started experiencing issues with the washer leaking and contacted Lowe's to schedule a technician to come out and hopefully fix the issue. During the scheduling process the earliest opening they had was on 11/3 (keep in mind this was 3 weeks AFTER the issue was reported), at that time I provided my model, washer serial number, etc. and had hoped that it would be a simple fix.

Long story short they addressed the issue as being a bonnet that needed to be replaced inside but surprise, surprise they didn't have any available parts to fix it at that time. At that time we scheduled a follow up appointment for 11/13 to have the new part installed, and the issue corrected. Yesterday I received the replacement part via UPS, and then received another unexpected surprise from A&E Services... At that time I was told to contact them at my earliest convenience in order to reschedule the appointment... I reviewed their website which stated they were available until 10 PM CT and called them around 5 PM PT which was well before their closing time. Much to my displeasure I was greeted with a message stating that they were closed and to call back during business hours.

I finally reached them after multiple attempts and was told that I needed to reschedule my appointment because they overbooked their scheduling and would have to wait until 11/24 at the earliest. Are you kidding me!!?? First and foremost the original technician should have had plenty of parts to cover common issues, and from what he informed me this was a pretty common issue, then to call me a few days before it's supposed to be repaired and told to wait another 11 days or so before they could come address the issue.

I find this type of service completely unacceptable, and it's highly frustrating that due to no fault of my own that I want going to be without a functional washer for nearly 6 weeks. I can honestly state that due to this service, and the huge inconvenience that their errors have created that I will no longer be purchasing any extended plans from Lowe's if this is who they plan on using for their "repairs".

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

A&E Factory Service and Sears don't share coupons. I had a coupon for cleaning and maintenance and A&E says it means one thing while Sears says it's completely different. Neither company is good. Will never use either one again.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

My water heater pilot light extinguished some day during last week and we realized this on Saturday morning when we noticed the hot water was depleted. After trying three times to relight it on our own we called Whirlpool and they tried to help us, but with no avail. They then referenced us to A&E Factory Services. I immediately called to find out they were CLOSED! I found out then that they were closed all weekend and no one could help me to Monday. Good thing I live near my in-laws and parents!

I called them promptly on Monday morning and the representative told me they could have someone come on November 10! That is over a week away! I have two small children and this is unacceptable! There are other repair places out there that can help me and this is why corporations should not handle repairs from out of state because they lose sight of families and have no hearts. They should rather contract to local providers that service 50 mile radius and have at least two in each area so that situations like this do not happen again!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Started trying to get washer repaired in August '17. It is now 10/25/17 and still no repair. Had to order part once the tech came out. Called when part came in, appt. set for 10/10/17 and was told they would be here between 8:00 am and 12:00 pm. David called me and told me that he would be here around 12:30 pm, that I was next. I was very sick and waited until 2:30 pm and then called and canceled. Reset appt. for 10/17/17. Appt was confirmed on 10/16/17 but again did not show up so I called and they said,"Well you had an appt. but the call was not dispatched." (What kind of company does business like that).

I did call Lowe's as this is warranty work and I am very hopeful to get this issue resolved with administration dept although some lady at Lowe's who was very condescending to me told me that she was as far as I could go. Well I do have the President's phone number, little does she know. Again, they were supposed to be out on 10/25/17 but again at 3:37 pm David of A&E calls and says that he will be on his way soon. I told him that he should had come here first this morning since they had screwed up my other appt. He told me that he did not schedule the appts and he would be here as soon as he could.

I told him that he better be here before 5:00 pm because I was told 8:00 am -5:00 pm this time. He said he didn't know if he could make it or not. He then calls his supervisor and tells them that my behavior was bad and he wasn't coming here. They are the ones acting like jerks and not doing their job, if they don't get to you then they should put you at the top of the list the next day. Now let me ask you, who wants someone in your home at dinner time working on a machine maybe an hour or two while you are having family time. I live in a rural area and they are a monopoly here and they just don't care.

They work the populated areas first to get more tickets completed and the people in the rural areas are treated like crap. I have since called Lowe's and told them that I did not want them at my house period. So now I have to pay for my warranty work and hope to get paid back by Lowe's. I don't know but this isn't over with yet. When I worked in Houston for an apartment complex we had the same problem, schedule appts and don't show up. I do not understand how anyone can stay in business treating people like this. It has been 2 months in getting this machine fixed, they are a very incompetent company and the people running it need to be fired and new customer reps.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I made 4 different appointments with A&E Factory Services starting in August to November. They never even worked on my dishwasher. They made excuses like my dishwasher wasn’t balanced or the drain was dirty. On my last appointment they were supposed to come and actually work on it. The technician came to my house, put a "sorry we missed you" sticker on my door and sped off. I heard his door shut and ran after him yelling, “where are you going?” He drove off. This is the worst service I have ever had. They now have me scheduled 3 more weeks out for him to come back if he does. This is ridiculous.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

After waiting 16 days for the repair man to even come out to assess the problem with my Samsung dryer, it took another 9 to actually order the part and come back to make the repair of a defective heating coil. When he left, the "repair" man left without bothering to hook the vent back up to vent the dryer outside. After turning on the dryer for 2 minutes, it started squealing and making a horrible racket. After calling A&E I have been told that I will have to wait an addition 3 weeks for them to come back out and fix their error. And they just don't care, they have enough vans and "repair" people out on the road, their attitude is that they will find the next gullible sap to spend their dime.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

A&E has been to my home on multiple occasions due to they are the only service people that Sears uses for Kenmore warranty work. I have used them for 2 broken appliances a dryer and a refrigerator. They have been to my house more than a dozen times and they have yet to fix anything. I have paid hundreds of dollars and I am left with broken appliances. Their techs are awful. Not only do they not know how to fix anything but they gouged my hardwood floors. I would not use.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Have a 3 year old LG front loader. Bought new with extended service warranty purchased at the same time. Tub suspension spring broke at finish of a wash cycle. Called for warranty service, 11 days later they showed up. Diagnosed the problem, ordered parts and next available appointment was another 10 days later. Didn’t show up when scheduled. Next appointment, you guessed it, 10 days later. Didn’t show up on scheduled day. Go back to the end of the line, next available appointment, yes 10 days later.

Every time you call you get a call center in the Philippines. They don’t care what happens and cannot and will not help you. If they don’t show up for a SCHEDULED appointment you don’t get put on first for the next day, you go to the end of the line and start the process all over again. All of the 1 star reviews are an accurate portrayal of what you can expect out of this company. Believe them, that’s what you can expect to happen to you. Avoid this company like the plague. Went with a local company and problem fixed in a matter of a couple of phone calls.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

We began with A&E in July 2017 and as of Sep. 2017 the dryer has not been fixed. Initially the tech. came for an appointment, diagnosed the problem and ordered the parts. He said if we paid up front that the parts could be shipped right to the house and would be ready for the next appointment we made. The parts came and one was broken. I made a couple of calls to A&E to request a new part.

When the part was not sent I started making phone calls again and said I needed the part before the tech comes back. Still no part was received so I made a contact via their website on the "contact us" link and a response said that they could see from the computer program that I had called and they would look into it. The tech came for the appointment and I told him what had transpired and we still had a broken part. He called a couple of people at A & E and found out that they had not sent the new part so he ordered it from his van while in our driveway. He gave us his cell number to call when the part arrived.

The part arrived and we left three messages on his cell number to call us to set up an appointment. He never responded. Getting frustrated (mind they already had our money up front), I found our account had been scheduled for a new appointment. Luckily I could be home but no one bothered to tell us about the appointment. It was for noon to 5:00. The tech never showed up. We made a few calls when it looked like he wasn't going to come. One person said he was on his way, we were the last on his list. Later we called and we were told he has until 5:40. Later we called and we were told we had to reschedule.

Another appointment was set up for 9/14/2017 and again he never showed up. We received the automated call and email at 11:20 saying the tech was on the way. A few hours later I called and the person said they would have the tech call us with an ETA. Didn't hear anything. Later I called and the gal said that at 11:42 he put through a change of status and asked us if there was an issue with the parts.

I told her the parts have been here waiting and this was his second no show. I told her I wanted nothing to do with this company ever, and they have been extremely bad, and that they are essentially stealing my money. I told her I wanted my money back, I also asked to speak with a manager and to speak with the "back end dept." as she called it. She did not refer me to anyone else and said I have to return the parts to get my money back. I told her to just send me the money for the labor minus the parts cost. That's not the policy, I have to send back the parts. I told her I was reluctant to do that because I don't think they will send me the money. I did not want to reschedule a third appointment because frankly, the tech. is not going to come.

With no option left to me I agreed to send the parts back and she put that in her system and said someone will pick them up. I'm making copious notes of every detail I have had with this company and copies of all the parts and bar codes so I can prove I had them. (since she had no form to fill out). If one looks at the complaints online, it appears that this is typical for the company and it is nationwide, not just an isolated incident with a tech. in this area (Rochester, NY).

I think this company is scamming a lot of customers and because the expense is not that great I suspect a lot of customers just get frustrated and give up. I've never in my life had any dealings of this sort. This is my first complaint online... that's how bad it is. They don't communicate with you, they just plain don't show up for appointments and don't call to tell you, they make appointments and don't tell you they've done it. It's absolutely mind boggling to me that they get away with this. This company apparently also provides the warranty service for many appliances so beware when buying a new appliance, if A&E is the service provider, I'd walk away and buy another brand if you can find one. The manufacturers need to know that A&E is a disgrace and they will lose sales if they don't drop them, fast!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Never use A&E Factory Service to repair any of your home items. They are the worst company in the world. My washer died almost 3 weeks ago. After waiting a week for the parts to supposedly come to the house and the technician come back to fix my washer I call A&E and was informed that the appointment was canceled and one part was no longer available. No phone call to me letting me know that this was going on. For the past 2 weeks I have been on the phone daily not only with A&E Factory but with the warranty company - My Protection Plan 360. Every day I call A&E, they tell me to have the warranty company contact them for the notes, the warranty company has been on the phone with them each time I contact them. I can barely understand each person I speak to at A&E service.

This is the worst company to deal with. I have spent the last 2 weeks going to the laundry mat spending between 30 - 60 dollars a week, and finally we broke down and rented a washer to hold us over until something can be done. Now I am told it will be another 48 hours before the warranty company receives the notes from the technician stating the part is no longer available.

Mind you the warranty company has been waiting for almost 2 weeks for these notes. Then another 5 days for the warranty company to review my warranty contract and decide if they will replace my washer or give us a pro-rated refund for our washer. We only receive a laundry credit of $25.00 for our inconvenience, no reimbursement for our time without a washer, having to spend money we didn't have at the laundry mat and now renting a washer. Not to mention the daily phone calls I have made to each company. At this point in time I am ready to say screw both companies and just keep the washer we are renting to own and scrap the one that can't be fixed! Extremely frustrated.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

My Samsung washer stopped creating heat. It is under a 5-year extended warranty from Lowe's. I contacted Lowe's and they schedule an appointment with A&E Factory Service. The only negative thing I can say is that my appointment was over a week away. That being said: I was robocalled the night before my appointment date to be reminded that a technician would be at my house between 8 am and 12. I received a phone call from the technician at 9:15 am the next day. He informed he was an hour away at his previous job and was on his way. An hour later, he showed up. Not late at all. He quickly diagnosed that a sensor on the heating element was bad, but because "Lowe's is paying for this, not you," he decide to install a brand new heating element (which also contained the sensor).

While testing the new heating element, it smelled like the dryer was catching on fire. He explained that it was completely normal because of the "oil and dust" collected on the element during shipping. A simple Google search verifies this. No big deal -- it will wear off after a cycle or two. Anyways: Not sure why there are so many negative reviews of this company. The technician was friendly, he was prompt, did the job correctly, and moved onto his next one. I am assuming that only those people with poor experiences have actually left reviews, meaning there are many more people like me that have had no problem with A&E Factory Service.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I called Best Buy to set up repair on my washer Aug. 28, 2017. They are sending A and E out to repair it on Sept 1, 2017. They told me they would be here between 8 and 5. I have yet to see them or hear from them and it's after 4. I have called for updates and I. Still waiting.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Greetings to the community of people who have been duped and bamboozled by A&E Factory Service. I have a home warranty contract with American Home Shield (AHS), and the company tends to contract with Sears (A&E). I will try to make this story as short as possible. In February 2017, my built-in microwave stopped working. I filed a repair with AHS and a technician from A&E was sent out. He assessed the problem, which he said the thermostat had gone bad. He scheduled a day to return. During the repair lights were blown in the microwave and the side panel with the controls were broken. When This was brought to the attention of Sears, bulbs were ordered and someone came and put them in. As for the panel that the technician broke off the tabs that securely hold the panel in place, A&E refused to fix the damage to my microwave.

Fast forward, here we are in September and my microwave is still not repaired. I had to file a claim to get them to even order the part. Technicians lied about no one being home, that it was a counter-top microwave. For 4 appointments in a row no one showed up. Yesterday I emailed the claims representative I have been working with to resolve this matter. From February until July 28 I have been able to use the broken microwave; however, today, it is inoperable.

To make a long story short. Consumers beware and take heed. Read the complaints and stay away from A&E. Finally, I made contact with Mr. George **, Tech Manager from the College Park Office. He promised me that this issue would get resolved and he mentioned that there were some words said pertaining to the local technicians in the Bonaire, GA area. The individual made comments that he was not coming back to my house, and Mr. George ** was aware of the comments. It was great that the technician did not want to return because I never want to lay eyes on Badge # **. I don't want him in my house because my grandma told me if a man lies he will also steal. I'm just saying. But here is the kicker... A&E kept setting my appointments with the same guy. For 4 weeks in a row he did not show. Considering Mr. **, who is the big man in charge, he knew who was on the schedule.

Now, let's talk about Mr. George **. He promised me he was sending his lead technician, allowed me to choose the date and time, and he was coming from College Park, Georgia to meet the technician at my house on August 22 at 12:00 PM. When I called George on the 22nd, he decided that he was not coming but he and the technician were going to face time each other. The technician did not arrive on time... about an hour and 45 minutes late. When the technician arrived to my home, he sat in the van 15-20 minutes before he decided to get out and come in. He assessed the situation, placed the order for the part, and would return on August 30th to complete the job. Cory told me he was putting his name down specifically as the technician for the 30th; however, he could guarantee anything.

On August 29, I called and spoke with Mr. ** to make sure my appointment was scheduled with Cory and not badge # **. Mr. ** confirmed. On August 30th, I called Mr. ** to check the status of Cory. He told me Cory was in Cadwell, Georgia and should arrive to my house within 45 minutes to an hour. GUESS what? No Cory. So, I called Mr. ** back and immediately he texted me that he could not talk, so I texted him back inquiring about the technician. I sent several texts to Mr. ** and he never responded.

Initially, I had an appointment scheduled on Sears Service Order site; however, Mr. ** removed the date of August 30. I received an email today saying that my appointment has been rescheduled for September 7th. I did not call to reschedule an appointment. I guess Mr. ** took that upon himself as well. So, here's the funny part. On the Sears Service site, it shows my last appointment being on July 28, which is a lie. You mean to tell me it took from July 28 to September 7 to get rescheduled. August 22 and August 30 appointment dates are not showing up. So in essence, it appears nothing has taken place since July 28. LIES... LIES... LIES!!!

I still have not heard from Mr. **!!! Also, I have a picture of the part Cory ordered and the current state of my microwave. In addition, you will see the huge gap between July 28 and September 7. A&E Factory Services is a joke!!! What else can we do? What are my legal options? This behavior is unacceptable and unprofessional. Thank you for your time.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Called for service appointment for stove and refrigerator. On August 24, 2017 had two technicians and double charges. Stove technician said to fix correctly would involve taking top off of stove and parts are not available. Did a temporary fix and made another appointment to replace part that is available. Grand total for that visit was $188.50, I paid $102.50 and balance due on next appointment. Then second technician came out and looked at ice maker and said need replaced for $400. We declined and paid another service fee of $59.00. Total time for two technicians was about 30 minutes total. Cancelled next appointment for Sept 5th and am very dissatisfied and will never call or refer this company to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I had a tech out yesterday to perform a diagnosis on my washer. He did and I paid the $89 diagnostic fee. The cost of repair was about the cost of a new washer. About $890. I wanted to think it over before acting on it. He never told me that if I didn't order it right then I would have to pay more in diagnostic fees. Now today, less than 24 hours later, I call to have him order the parts which he can do from anywhere, and they tell me I have to pay a new diagnostic fee, albeit at a discounted level. Just because I didn't order it done when he was here, although I'll bet he didn't have all of the parts with him anyway. I am absolutely irate. The additional fee is nothing but a rip off, is unnecessary and gouging. I called and asked to chat with a supervisor, was put on hold and hung up after 5 minutes waiting.

I then called back and chatted with someone else who was just as adamant they would not waive the fee, nor would they let me chat with a supervisor. I told them I thought it was a total rip off, it didn't phase his so I assume they hear it all the time. I am like Caesar... Millions for defense, not a cent in tribute. I'll spend double to buy a new washer rather than ever give them another red cent. They are, in my opinion, nothing more than a total rip-off!!!

Original review: July 31, 2017

Was given a time of service at between 8:00am - 12:00pm - Took 4 hours off of work - didn't show - had to call a family member to watch the house in case they showed - they changed the time to 2:40 to 4:40 - still no showed - I purchased my dryer from Lowe’s, with an extended service contract. If this is the people they use, I won't be purchasing another dryer from them.

Original review: July 25, 2017

Around the first week in July I called Lowe’s because I have a 5 yr extended warranty and the washer would stop working intermittently and I couldn't reset it per previous instructions from a problem a year before. This now had happened 3 different times. The first time, I was washing a large blanket, which I had washed many times before with a problem. When I checked the washer there were just bars across the display and the washer was full of water. I thought perhaps it had been out of balance and that I didn't hear the signal and the machine shut off. But I couldn't restart it. I unplugged it for a while, then tried to reset again. Not happening. Tried again later. Nothing.

So I had to lug this heavy, soaking wet, very large blanket into the biggest container I could find, all the while getting my floor soaked even with trying to wring out as much of the water as I could. Unplugged the machine, some of the water gravity drained out. The next day I got the machine restarted and the pump kicked on for the rest of the water in the machine. Then a couple of weeks later, after doing several loads of laundry, I got this terrible odor from the machine. Like scummy pond water. Started to run a clean cycle and after the tub filled with about the correct amount of water, bells went off, lights were flashing and the machine stopped and wouldn't restart. Unplugged, left for a while, water gravity drained only, but wouldn't restart when plugged in and the pump wouldn't come on. Left it until late the next day and same thing.

So I called Lowe’s. Earliest appointment with A&E was in two weeks from the time I called. They only come out my way once a week. Tech came out, ran some diagnostic tests and said the machine worked now, but that he would put thru the paperwork to see if Lowe’s would approve it because he thought it was an intermittent problem with the motherboard - intermittent shorting. He never voluntarily told me that the machine would be OK to use, but I had asked him if I could "run it until it broke again." Then he said yes.

Well, after all this, I really didn't want to take a chance of having the machine stop in the middle of a load, especially when I wash Queen/King size bedding. So I've been driving over 50 miles round trip into a larger town so I can wash in a decent laundromat at $6 to $10 a load. I called Lowe’s Service today to see what the status was on the part and the first person I talked to said he would check with the service provider (A&E), put me on hold, then came back and said that the part was in stock and that they didn't know why no one had called me to schedule an appointment, but that someone would be calling. Told him I was out some of the time and he said they told him that if no one answered, they would leave a message or send an e-mail.

Afterward, I started thinking about this and it didn't sound right because A&E has previously had the part UPS'd to me and then I would call to make the appointment. So I called back to Lowe’s Service and talked with a very helpful lady. However the news wasn't what I wanted to hear. She had called A&E and talked with a supervisor who told her that the tech had NEVER even put in a request for the part and put in his report that the machine was working. So nothing was done. And, unfortunately, he never gave me a "no charge" receipt and I didn't think to ask. As of now, the tech is supposed to call me, they are getting the part, and the tech is supposed to schedule the return appointment. We'll see now how long I have to wait (won't wait long) and how many more trips to the laundromat I have to make.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I took the day off from work as I was informed that the repair person would be here between 1 pm - 4 pm. Around 3 or 4 pm, was informed that the new time would be 5:30 - 7:30. I could have gone to work, but now had to cancel evening plans. Then we got the call that it would be between 7 pm - 9 pm. Hands down, the worst service ever. This company overbooks and over schedules with no regard towards the customers they are serving. Do NOT use this company.

Original review: July 24, 2017

We had purchased a very nice and expensive refrigerator 2014 but the ice maker went out. We called Lowe’s and they sent A&E repair out. They brought the wrong ice maker out and then the repair guy says it thought it was the main board. (Can't figure out why he would think that, our only complaint was the ice maker.) So, three weeks later they came out and still had wrong ice maker and wrong board. Three weeks later the same guy comes out with a board (no ice maker) and replaced the main board and then left. He didn't even run any diagnostic tests or even waited 15 minutes to see if refrigerator was working. He was leaving on vacation.

Next day refrigerator still was not working so A&E sent out a different repair person and as soon as he hooked up his voltage meter he was horrified!!! He immediately unplugged refrigerator and called someone on phone. Hearing his conversation, he told that person that the previous repair person installed the board wrong and literally fried all the components and cooling system. He said they were lucky it didn't burn down our house!! The whole refrigerator was fried!!! He left with the remark "well, you better call Lowe's and get another refrigerator". We had to go through a lot of paperwork but the local manager in Bend was very accommodating and made it good. We picked out another refrigerator and told Lowe's that A&E was not allowed on our property ever again!!! Buyers beware... They work on Samsungs, LGs.

Original review: July 21, 2017

Having had ongoing problems with my refrigerator freezer I scheduled an appointment with an A&E service technician. He arrived on time as scheduled. After diagnosing the problem ($99) he noted my electronic defrost timer was defective but the refrigerator was worth replacing. The new part was ordered ($116.00). The technician told me if the part came in before the scheduled installation appointment in seven days I could call for an earlier appointment. The part arrived in 2 days but I was unable to schedule an earlier appointment with any customer service rep. I was assured I would be on a cancellation list for the first available appointment which never happened.

This was extremely inconvenient as my refrigerator was not maintaining consistent temperatures and I had concerns with food going bad in the hot weather. Customer service was most unhelpful. After the new part was installed I paid the $200 labor balance. I was not able to find out how this charge was determined. The technician time on the site was under 20 minutes the second visit and under one hour the first visit. $300 to diagnose and replace a simple part? Over $400 bill? Is this price gouging? Will not use the service ever again. To replace a defective part???

Original review: July 18, 2017

This is the second time I've used this company for appliance repair. I initially called GE but they don't have service technicians in my area. They referred me to A&E. I can't believe a company like GE would work with these people. Last time we had an appointment, no one came, I called and they said they had to reschedule. I did that, they came and I got my problem resolved. I gave them the benefit of the doubt for the no show. That was my mistake. Anyway 5 years later I had a little concern, but went ahead and made the appointment. We were given a time 2 weeks out and told to call back in a few days to see if there was anything sooner. I did that. Nothing sooner of course. We were also given a time from of 8 am - 5 pm. No one called or texted to give us a smaller time frame once the technician was scheduled.

He arrived at 9:30 am, spent about 30 minutes and determined the problem needed a part. Ordered the part and scheduled to come back in two weeks. Couldn't make the credit card work for payment and said they have problems with it. Said call for earlier appointment if the part arrives early. It did. No earlier appointment available of course. So we wait for the originally scheduled appointment on a Monday. Friday before they email to say they need to change the appointment to the next morning. Tuesday 8:00am - 12:00 pm. We rearrange our schedule to make that work (no real choice). Wait on Tuesday morning. Nothing. Called at 11:30 and was told, "No technician has been scheduled." Can't tell me why. Said they would reschedule the appointment for the afternoon. Um, not available in the afternoon (I work and already took the morning off to wait for their technician). Okay, next available appointment in two weeks.

Unacceptable. Cannot give me a reason why they didn't schedule a technician when originally rescheduled (BY THEM). I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told, "They'll just tell you the same thing." No problem. Wait 10 minutes on hold for a supervisor, who does in fact tell me the same thing. When pressed, he did say they were overbooked. He again offered to reschedule for the afternoon, AFTER I'd already told him that I wasn't available. He offers the same appointment time in two weeks. I repeatedly told him it was unacceptable to wait that long after their mistake. He suggested perhaps I should call GE for an earlier appointment. Little did he know that GE doesn't even service my area.

Look I understand things happen, schedules get booked up, etc. But this is standard operating procedure for this company. If they had apologized, offered to accommodate me since it was their fault, or in fact offered me anything for my inconvenience I would have been placated. I came here to read reviews only to learn this is extremely common procedure across the country (not just in my area). I canceled the appointment and called a local company that can come out the next day. I will NEVER use this company again.

A&E Factory Service Company Information