1.16/5
Based on 79 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

792 A&E Factory Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 19, 2018

I received a bill for the repair of a Samsung Range. I had contact the company I have a protection plan with about repair of the range. A technician showed up to see what the problem was. Said they would get back to us. Never got back to us and so I made several phone calls and found out part was on back order. Then in April I received a bill for the repair. Tried to talk to someone in A&E about the bill. You cannot talk to anyone about bills. All they do is give you phone numbers and websites you can pay your bill.

I wrote a letter to A&E on May 15, 2018 about the bill. In the letter I told them I have a repair policy with Protection Plus that the bill should be sent. I also included in the letter that no one ever showed up to repair the range even thought they came to see what the problem was. So I have gone for over six months with one of the functions of the range not working. This past week I received another bill for the repair. A&E customer service stinks. There is no way to communicate with an individual and when you call and are able to get someone they are next to impossible to understand because their English speaking language is not good. I do not understand why I am billed for a service to start with and why they want to bill anyone for a service when they never do the repair.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I have a contract with A&E. The first repairman came out on June 7 and ordered parts. Now I am continually being rescheduled because not all the parts have arrived. This is not the first time this has happened. Earlier this year I spent a month without my washer for the same reason. Do not ever buy a contract with this company. Do not ever call them period. They will call you up and lie to you. Yesterday they called me and told me my part would be here in 5 to 7 day. Today they called me and told me they had no status on my part. Their job is not to repair your appliance. No one should ever use their service. If I could give them less than one star I would.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Refrigerator was never fixed. After waiting a month, they never even showed up. They called once, but never appeared, I waited in driveway for hours. Then just to get a call in to these guys you will have to talk to someone in Philippines, then they will tell you, "You have no contract." I have called 4 times, each time was over 1 hour, they tell me in broken English I have no account. After a hour of arguing they somehow find it. I do not drink but after dealing with these idiots, I had one. It's nothing more than a scam, a total ripoff, and it's a 3 year contract. To get up the courage to call these idiots again and be told I have no contract is more than I can bear, much less actually get something fixed, what a joke.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I bought a Samsung 55" TV from Sears on July 31, 2016. On May 20, 2018 it went blank. I contacted Sears online and was told that the earliest appointment was set for May 31... ELEVEN DAYS OUT. I complained. The person at the other end volunteered the 877 number the next day and to call and confirm and perhaps see if they could give me an earlier appointment. I called the next day only to find out that they had NO record of my transaction. I was told by phone that the next available date for service was June 7 (18 days out). I complained and told that person that I had the transcript of the Internet conversation. Next thing you know I was bumped up to May 31 but they could do no better. I was told that the service would be between the hours of 8 AM and 5 PM. I asked if they could narrow the window and they said "NO".

On the morning of my service I got a robocall at 7:27 AM stating that the technician was "On his way". I waited until 9:15 and called the 877 number stating that the auto message was too vague. The person told me (after I prodded) that he would be there between 9:15 and 10:15. Around 9:20 the technician arrived. He got out his meters and quickly diagnosed the problem. MY problem is that he did not have the parts (I just knew that this was going to happen) and he ordered them right then and there. He told me that they would arrive at my address. They did.

He gave me a second appointment for JUNE 21, 2018. I was speechless! He further went on to explain that they have only ONE technician serving ALL OF CENTRAL FLORIDA! He stated that they had a second person doing the same job but he has been out sick since January! HUH? So from the time that my TV went on the Fritz to the time that it will be tentatively fixed will be a total of 32 days. Ridiculous!! I will never buy another item from Sears, I will never insure a large purchase when A&E is the factory service, and I am closing my Sears credit card account.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I have a Sears Home Warranty. We had a fridge which over past 4 months would freeze too much - too cold. We call Sears [A&E Factory Service]. They made it worse- week 1 fridge died completely, week two second trip parts done, now 3 weeks later the tech is onsite and doesn't know a frog from a washer. HOW DO YOU FIND THEIR HQ TO BRING TO COURT???

How do I know I can trust these reviews about A&E Factory Service?

Original review: June 5, 2018

Lowe's has always send Field's Factory Service, but this time, were sending A&E. Supposed to be here today between 8am-12pm to repair my refrigerator. I realized, by mid-morning, that unlike Field's, I had received no emails, phone calls, etc. confirming appt. I called Lowe's and they confirmed with A&E they were coming. At 12:30, I called Lowe's again (their customer service is the BEST) and they checked and said A&E had changed my appt. to 1:53p-3:53pm without telling anyone due to another service call that went way late. We agreed that A&E must be here by 2:30pm, and Lowe's let A&E know, as I have an appt. at 3pm (after sitting, waiting all day). Still nothing from A&E, no call, no email, and I starting reading these reviews. Just called Lowe's and cancelled, Field's will be here Friday. Not even on a bet should you use A&E.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I scheduled to have my GE refrigerator looked at through the Sears home services. I eagerly awaited the scheduled date for one month with no working refrigerator. I was told they would be there between 9:30 am and 11:45 am and would call before getting there so I could leave work to meet them at my house. It was 12:30 and I called Sears and got some overseas call center. I could barely understand them. I explained the situation and they checked on the situation. They came back online and explained that the repairmen had went to house at 9:30 am. They had not called me so that I could meet them. They said they would contact A&E and call me back in one hour.

One and half hour later I called the call center again and this time they said they would have A&E contact me today. I arrived at home at 5:45pm to find a yellow stick it note on my front door with no contact info other than a 1-800 number on the bottom of note. I called that number and explained how I was told that I would be called so that I could leave work and meet repairmen. I explained that I had waited one month for the appointment. There was no apology or sense of urgency to fix my problem. They could give me another appointment a month later. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement!! I'll buy another refrigerator before I call them again.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Please do not use A&E Factory Service for anything... you will regret it if you do. I have to say the tech who came and looked at my GE washer (that was still under warranty) was at my residence when supposed to be on March 3, 2018... to make longer story shorter, I have received two bills for the repair service now, have left several voicemails on the numbers on the bill, been in contact via email trying to pay this bill so that GE can reimburse me, and have yet to be able to pay this bill that I shouldn't nhave to pay since it's under warranty and now they want to turn me into collections.

I've tried multiple times to pay this bill whether talking to a foreigner in the customer solutions Dept trying to pay this bill (they are the only ones I have actually talked to) but still can't seem to get this resolved. Tried paying online at aefactoryservice.com. Put in the payment ID on my bill and says no match found. I don't think anyone works in the billing Dept because I have left several voicemails and haven't got a callback. To avoid a headache and hassle do not purchase anything that has A&E Factory Service do the repairs.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I called GE about my less than a year old electric stove and the company A&E was the first available. I knew nothing about them. I took the day off work because the appointment was scheduled anywhere from 12-5. When the guy arrived I had him come in through the garage since I'm in a town home. He puts his computer down, bypasses the stove and starts walking around my living room, standing and looking out my front door asking me questions about my house. I was super uncomfortable. I've worked with a lot of contractors and none of them creeped me out... this guy did, a lot. I grabbed my phone just in case I needed to make a call quickly. I thought, he's from a different country so maybe it's his way of making small talk. Either way it was very unprofessional.

He fiddled with the stove and diagnosed quickly. He set up a time 2 weeks from that original appointment and said the parts would ship to my house. Two weeks went by, no parts arrived and I had already taken the day off from work. I call their "customer service" lady who reads from a script. She tells me that the parts are on back order and to call and set up an appointment when I get the parts. No tracking number. No information. No one EVER mentioned that I needed to call in until I made a call to them. Extremely frustrating. I tell her I already took the day off expecting that 2 weeks was plenty of time for a very common part to be shipped plus the tech set up the next appointment. There are no apologies. Just reading from script. I told her to cancel the order completely.

I'm a patient, logical person but I had hit my limit. Two vacation days wasted and I wasn't about to waste a third, possibly a fourth. I called GE to tell them my situation. GE called A&E to make sure they cancelled the order. They are setting me up with another company that will be local. I plan on looking them up online as I book the appointment to see reviews. Had I researched A&E while on the phone I would have chosen another company. The reviews are spot on if you ask me, reads like a reality show from H*LL.

Luckily I am able to deal with a different company and still be covered under warranty but I feel for those who don't have a choice. I do have to wait 30 days from my first service call to get another company out here but I refuse to deal with A&E. If this is your only option I would ditch your warranty and pay for the fix yourself. From the reviews, it sounds like once you actually let them work on your appliances they mess them up further. No thanks.

Original review: May 9, 2018

After being given an 8-5 window the technician showed up at 3:30 pm. He immediately knew what the problem was so he ordered parts and said the next available service appointment was 7 days out. The parts were delivered on the 6th day. I stayed home from work on the 7th day and finally called at 5 pm to ask where the technician was. I was then told by the 800 number operator that I should have called them as soon as the parts were delivered so that they could confirm my appointment. It was then that I found out that the next appointment was available in 6 additional days. I was told that service windows could not be narrowed down to 4 hours instead of 8 hours. I have taken two full days off of work and still have at least another day to take off next week. There is absolutely no communication with anybody until they show up. This request was placed through American Home Shield, so I don't have an order number or a receipt.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Please understand I'm a nice person and this was important enough to me to go create a Consumer Affairs account to warn other people. Using A & E is NOT easy, you will rarely talk to someone who is not in an overseas call center, you will need to take off work a couple of times at least because they give you an 8 am-5 pm 'window' (all day) and most of the time just do a diagnostic and have to order parts and do it all again.

My Experience: 1 day off work (to initially meet the tech I had to schedule 2 weeks in advance to have someone look at my fridge. He needed to order parts. 2nd day off work taken - I called Sears/A&E the night before because I had not heard from them "oh, that appointment has been canceled because we didn't get all the parts." no email, no voicemail, NO ONE told me it was canceled. 3rd day off work taken - I called and said, "PLEASE CALL ME at either of my 2 numbers when you are on your way/here so I can meet you." I'm only 2 min away.

No one called, no one text, no one emailed... I get a note on my door saying "sorry we missed you. Call and reschedule again." Now I'm taking a FOURTH day off work because of their 8 am-5 pm window and the fridge is STILL not fixed. You will soon find this company has a HORRIBLE business model and way of doing things. It's robocalls and overseas call centers. I should've just called a local company to come out asap, one that has common sense.

Original review: May 1, 2018

Let me join the chorus of those who have had an awful experience with this company. They were assigned to me by Sears (corporate office, please take note, as this is the LAST company you should hire on your behalf). Although Sears had been paid to install my refrigerator door that was damaged in a move, these jokers demanded additional payment to do the job.

Add to that the following: (1) technician was rude and abusive when calling to say when he was scheduled to arrive; (2) technician agreed to speak with his manager and report back to me with a rescheduled time, but instead cancelled the service call; (3) company lied to Sears by saying the technician had attempted to do the install and I wasn't home -- not only was I, but his manager subsequently informed me that the tech had never bothered to come to my place but simply cancelled the work order. Had I the opportunity to review all these horrid reviews, I would never even consider letting these guys on my premises. Shady, arrogant, rude, deceitful... Yup, that pretty much sums up this company. Avoid them at all costs.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Lowe's sent a service request 4/20/18 for a water heater repair, received date of 5/4/18, pm time slot. I called today to confirm the time slot because I was scheduled to work. I spoke to Chris, who informed me they did not have my information. However, Chris was able to confirm my name, and address. He kept asking for my cell phone number and after telling him three times I did not use my cell phone, he told me he could not help me. I called Lowe's and received assistance from their Service Advantage department. They contacted A&E, I was given a date of 5/9/18. Lowe's asked to speak to a supervisor and we held for over 10 minutes and was disconnected. In looking at all the negative comments, Lowe's should cancel their contract with A&E. This is my new mission.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Awful, awful services. Do not use!!! Did not fix the dryer problem on the first visit. Had to return a week later and we then needed to order a part they did not have in stock. The part arrives a week later, called to schedule the appointment and they did not show up. I missed a day of work. Here waiting again on day 2, missing another day of work and they have again not shown up. Tried calling customer service but's it's in the Philippines and they read from script. When asked to speak with a manager or someone in the States they put you on hold and do not return to the call. Sooo bad.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Sounds like a bait-and-switch routine - A&E estimate provided in advance for a service call was $89, reasonable enough. Before technician came out, he called to "verify" that service call rate was $249. The only reason that comes to mind as to why the technician would call to verify the rate is that this has been a big problem in the past. I wonder if this is a standard procedure for A&E? Needless to say, I cancelled the service call.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Ridiculous customer service in setting up an appointment! 3 weeks ago we got a call stating we would have a technician at our house the next day between 8 am and noon. We hadn't set up an appointment or contacted the company. Upon calling, I found out it was a service call set up by Frigidaire about a drawer on our new fridge not opening. However, because no one had contacted us about days that worked beforehand, and the next day would be impossible for us to have someone home, we rescheduled it for today. I was told I'd get a confirmation email, which I never did. Got a confirmation call yesterday afternoon, which was good. Same time frame, though. Figured we'd get a call when they were on their way, which we did this morning.

However, it was automated, and just said they were heading that way, with no time frame. So I called the 800 number again, and asked if it was 10 minutes, an hour, or what. They said the techs usually call 30 minutes before arriving. Ok. Call was at 8:27. As of 9:03 they hadn't arrived. It's not like we live in a city with a lot of traffic that could have slowed them down. We live in a rural farming community. So my husband called the 800 number again, and was told that they showed anywhere between 9:17 and 10:17. He told the CSR that since he needs to be at work, and he works 2 minutes from our house, either dispatch or the tech could call when they got there and he would be right there. Fortunately, just as he was starting to give his phone number, the tech showed up. The TECH was FANTASTIC -- helpful, friendly, and got the right parts ordered for us, and is the only reason we're giving 2 stars instead of 1.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I called LG with complaints about one of their HE washing machines (LG WT5001CW Direct Drive Washer) in February 2018. They sent out A & E techs who stated they needed to order replacement parts. Parts came a week later, tech came back and says he didn't order the complete list... Sorry. Tech ordered more parts and made appointment two weeks out. The day before service, A & E calls and says all parts didn't arrive and that we'll have to reschedule service one more week.

Meanwhile I rented a machine from Rent-A-Center which was cheaper that going to the laundromat. Tech finally repairs machine, replaced clutch, rotor and stator and said all is well, enjoy your completely rebuilt machine. Sent the rented machine back, plugged in the LG and voila, the machine went off-balance, banged around and shredded the top of the drum. Called A & E back, new tech came out and said previous repairs were done incorrectly and ordered additional parts. Parts never came and service needed to be rescheduled. It's now April 24, 2018 and I have an appointment for next week. Techs are incompetent, unskilled, smug and lazy. Phone operators cannot speck proper English and are indifferent to your concerns. Make sure you ask the store (SEARS) who will be servicing the product be buying.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I wish I hadn't given the techs a good review. I feel duped. They came out for the diagnostic, told me the dryer needed a special part because it's older and would need to be ordered. I asked if I could speak with my husband about it and they told me no problem. Just call the repair line and they'd order the part and set up the install. When I went to do that, I was put in touch with foreign operators I could barely understand who told me they couldn't order the part. Only the service repair person can order the part, and since the account had been "closed" I would have to have them come out again for ANOTHER diagnostic (which would ONLY be 50% the cost of the $89 they already charged me) JUST TO ORDER THE PART!

I was already two weeks without a dryer waiting for the first appointment. Another two weeks for them to come here again and order the part and two weeks waiting for it to arrive and then another two weeks for them to finally get out here means I'm getting another dryer and IT WON'T BE SEARS. What a bunch of crooks!

Original review: April 23, 2018

A&E service is HORRIBLE... The first service was asked for November 27, 2017. The Whirlpool dryer was making a terrible sound. Guy comes out, greases the wheels on the drum and leaves. Called out again Jan 20, 2018 since the sound is getting louder. The second guy comes out and says, "You can't grease those wheels because they're greaseless." He orders new wheels and says it’s also not heating so he orders a fuse. Third guy comes out and says it’s the wrong fuse but won't replace the wheels because he says he's not going to do half a job, leaves and parks down the street and takes a nap. Fourth guy comes out and puts the right fuse in but says, "It’s useless putting the wheels in because you should also replace the shafts the wheels come on." Now we have the wheels and the shafts and waiting for the next appointment. It’s April 22, 2018... 5 months now.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Had a appointment set out for 2 weeks through Lowe's. I called and confirmed appointment 8-10 with this company A&E Factory Service. 9:45 shows up. I am calling the 800 number. Lady informs me I was not home!!! Waited 2 weeks and service tech lies that he came out. Worst company I have ever had to deal with. Now I am 2 more weeks out of my brand new washer being repaired. Do not use these people. Dishonest.

Original review: April 17, 2018

A&E are hired out by Sears. Sears has always had a bad reputation for cheating customers. A&E tech are lazy, 99 percent **, quick to brag. Operators are foreigners. When you ask for a specific tech with their number they tell you no guarantees, 2 weeks I have called for a certain tech because he is the only one who is thorough. The rest turn on the machines, that is the extent of their work and leave. It a constant fight for the tech. Remember you pay your money. It's your choice not theirs. April 2018, Northern, Ca.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I had an appointment scheduled for today from 8 am to 12 noon and I received a call from this company at 9:20 telling me that their technician won't be able to make it out today. I'm super pissed off because this is some **! Now I have to be without my dryer that's only a year old until next Friday.

Original review: April 7, 2018

This washer is in at a location two hours and 110 miles away from our home. After ordering two circuit boards, finding that neither worked, then deciding that rods were needed, the last technician said that he'd just had back surgery and he couldn't move the washer to install the rods. He convinced the home warranty company to buy us a new washer (this other washer was only three years old but had never really been right). When the new washer was delivered, the water seal was broken. The repair was once again assigned to A&E. I told them, and GE wrote on the ticket that the water seal was broken.

The morning the technician called to tell us he was coming, I told him he needed the seal. He said he knew that. He came, but he had no seal. That was all that he found that was wrong with the washer. He ordered another part. We trekked down to the home for the seventh time after receiving the confirmation that we had an appointment the next day. Then at about 9:30, they called to ask if the technician had called and to let us know that they would not be coming that day. They would not send anyone that day. For the amount of times and miles that we traveled to meet A&E, we could have bought an additional washer. They are totally inflexible and customer service is their last priority.

Original review: March 22, 2018 Bought a Haier refrigerator from Lowe's. The LED light was supposed to last for the life of the unit. It went out 9 months later. Called to see what it would take to repair it. They sent a service man. He was here 15 minutes. Ordered the light and left. The light came- I installed it myself. Then the bill came. $320.00!!! That is price gouging in my book. Ridiculous to charge that much for such little help!!! I wrote them about it and they have not even had the courtesy to get back with me.

I'll be letting everyone I know not to use them.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I bought a Haier gas dryer and within the warranty period, heat didn't work and door latch wouldn't keep door closed. Went through Haier- first place referred to came out, said he needed to order a part, and never saw or heard from him again. Second service was A & E appliance repair. Luckily, I read reviews before guy showed up. First, the appt was scheduled for me on a day that I work, within a 8 hour time window. When I called to change the appt, I was told by customer service that the repair person would show up "on their schedule, not yours." Got a call this morning that he would be here within a half-hour, so at first I thought, great, I can get this taken care of right away and get to work.

Guy showed up, told me that the dryer was no longer under warranty: I told him that this is warranty work per Haier, because of difficulty getting first repair done in time. He argued with me about this, even though I told him that I would call Haier (who had arranged for him to come out in the first place) to clear this up. He then told me that GE had bought Haier_ wow, 2nd lie because Haier bought GE. He told me that GE wouldn't honor the warranty. Argued with me about this. I told him that I wasn't interested in getting the dryer fixed then, since the warranty wouldn't be honored. He then said he needed to charge me for the service call. I kicked the ** out of my house. By the way, I have filed a report with the Mn attorney general's office. Don't buy Haier, or any appliance that uses these worthless human beings for their repair service.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Our hot water heater went out and we couldn't get the pilot light to come back on. This was on a Sunday. I called the American Water Heater Co and they were extremely nice in helping me get all the info they needed, then they told me to call A&E Factory Service to set up an appointment for the repair man to come. I called the following day, they set me up for Tuesday. Later on Monday they called to say they overbooked Tuesday and would be here on Wednesday. I explained we need the hot water especially since my husband just got out of the hospital. The lady was very nice and said for sure the repairman would be here on Wednesday.

Well today is Wednesday and the man did call me to say he would be here in about 20 minutes and sure enough he did show up. It was a difficult task to get to the area of the hot water tank but the man was very nice and polite about dealing with it. Although he found no problem and the pilot lit quickly for him (it didn't when we tried), we were very pleased with how he handled everything. The repairman's name was Randy and you couldn't ask for a nice man to come and service your product. I was afraid and wasn't sure what to expect after reading so many negative reviews, but this was a very pleasant experience with A&E Factory Service and I would definitely let others know.

Original review: March 10, 2018

These Serviceman are the best in the field. I had to have my LG refrigerator repaired and they came the same day I called in for service. The gentleman called me and told me the approximate time he would be at my house. He arrived within the time window I set up. He ordered a new compressor for my refrigerator. When another serviceman came he found LG had put the wrong part in the box. He called his office and had one brought to my home while he started the replacement. He told me in every part of their industry, the manufacturers ship the wrong or defective parts which makes them look bad. Anyone with a brain can understand their frustration. My refrigerator works great and I’m very pleased with the professionalism of A&E Factory Service. I would definitely use them again.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I had purchased a Magic Chef Portable Dryer that worked wonderfully for the first two months then it started thumping and no longer drying the clothes. I contacted Magic Chef as the dryer was under warranty. They scheduled a service call for the following week. The next day I got a call from A&E saying they could not make the scheduled day and wanted to reschedule for the following day. I said that was fine.

The customer service person tried to schedule me and the system would not let her do it. So she tried three other days, with no luck. She put me on hold while she talked to a technician. Came back and said no problem. Tried to put in a service date again but with no luck. Put me on hold, this time for about 15 minutes, came back and told me that A&E no longer serviced my area and to contact Magic Chef for another service provider. Contacted Magic Chef and they said that they only authorized A&E to service their products. They are going to look into giving me a refund. Would rather have my dryer repaired as it was great while it worked but shocked that Magic Chef would use such a low rated repair service. Not sure how they are staying in business.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I have had my repair appointment rescheduled 3 times over the course of one month. I have a protection agreement and each time, the day of the appointment I am rescheduled. Their customer service is terrible and rude. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM A&E BUSINESS! Unless of course you want crappy service and bad products.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I bought a Kenmore Elite Electric Range in December 2016. About four months after purchasing I noticed that the warming drawer would not open when the oven was being used. I called A&E for warranty service and they have come out over a dozen times to try to fix the problem. Every time they came out they did not fix the problem. I then have to call back and get another appointment. They schedule the next appointment for 3 weeks out. Two times they never even showed up after making the appointment, the last time they were here I didn't even have an appointment scheduled.

Over the last year they tried changing parts, some parts they changed several times. The last time the technician was here he had to video chat with the factory so that they could see the problem, they instructed the technician to put 6 screws in the bottom of the oven so that it would not rub when opening the warming drawer. This is not a suitable fix for a brand new appliance, and it did not even fix the problem. I went to social media to try to get someone to respond and they did. Within 2 days of taking to Twitter I had a replacement range in my home. Sounds great, right? Well no it is not great. The new range has the same manufactures defect. It does not allow me to utilize the warming drawer when the oven is warm.

A&E Factory Service Company Information