2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.03/5

A&E Factory Service Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about A&E Factory Service?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about A&E Factory Service?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

I wish I could give a zero or negative review but this company is HORRIBLE! My extended warranty company made me go through them and they have brought so much stress to to my life. I was stood up by their technicians 3 times. No calls to say they are not coming just me waiting at home all day for no reason. When I called to complained no one cared. I still don't have a working dishwasher and not sure when someone will come out to fix it. I guess their technicians make their own schedules and can give a damn less about the customers. I don't know how they are still in business. I am going on BBB next to see if I can make a formal complaint. HORRIBLE. Should not be able to be in business ever again!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

Similar to several others reviews about this company, if I could give them zero stars I would. They were scheduled to fix my Samsung washer on 10/29. No one showed up. They rescheduled me for a week and half out on 11/9. When I called this morning, 10/30, to ask why I was rescheduled and request an earlier time, they told me a request for reschedule was submitted but they didn't know by whom? They also gave me no other option other than to be put on a waiting list...however, based on all these negative reviews I have no hope.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

Repair technician arrived, diagnosed, and completed replacement of 2 (two) 1 1/2 foot long water feed hoses in less than 30 minutes for $306 plus $26 tax. The total included a $139 trip/diagnostic charge applied to the repair plus an additional $167 labor charge. The parts bill stated $0. Please note that you can buy 10 feet of tubing for around $12 at a big box store. The written estimate was not presented prior to the repair as required. The company representative I spoke with on the phone and her supervisor were unable to do anything but apologize for the inconvenience and say that the technician would be spoken to. My advice, do not use this company unless you have to and if so, question the pricing before allowing them to start a repair.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

I have been without a range since July 1. After two attempts to fix the stove (A&E not involved with that), I looked forward to getting the part needed. When my home warranty finally decided I needed a part, A&E became the point of communication. I was aware that part was not available. I actually tried to purchase the part if I found it. First off apparently their records showed the part was ordered Sept 1, 2020 and shipped on Sept 22. I did not receive it. When questioned there was no information for how it shipped, no order number -- anything. Now here it is Oct 21, 2020 and the part is available, and I was told they have the part in the warehouse; and it will be sent to me by UPS. Again, no information will be given as to when it will be shipped.

Also, they are not willing to give me any tracking information when it does leave the warehouse. I had to DIG for any information I received. I am stuck because I have an American Home Shield warranty. I don't ever want to deal with these people again. I have spent hours and hours on call centers from both. If you have the patience of Job, go for it!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

If there were a way to give zero stars I would. Never have I dealt with a company that treats their customer's time and money with such disrespect. Our warranty company hired A & E factory service to fix our dryer and even though they were scheduled multiple times they only managed to come to our home two out those times. Within that time frame there were multiple instances in which they were scheduled to be there and cancelled without giving us any notification. It took them 10 weeks to finally show and fix the dryer. Now our warranty company hired them again to fix our washer. It has been 4 weeks already and they no call no showed again yesterday.

At this point we have lost hundreds of dollars between taking off work to wait for them and having to pay for laundromat services while our drive sits broken. To make matters even worse when you call to talk to their customer service department they couldn't care less and when you try to get them to work things out they will simply hang up on you. There is NO WAY I would recommend this company for your repair service.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

Complete waste of time. Old lazy guy shows up after waiting a week and his only goal was to establish why he couldn't fix the refrigerator. No effort to do anything. This person was a waste of human existence. Why bother having a company, hiring and sending the laziest person alive.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

If I could give them a zero I would. My dishwasher has not been right for 4 months. My appointments have been canceled twice. And still no show. I would not recommend this company. Don't waste your time with them.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

We called the company on a broken washer. After 3 visits by 3 different technicians each one of them saying the washer needed additional parts and subsequently 3 different reschedules my washer is still not repaired with a initial $325.00 charge followed by a $588.00 charge. The company's method or tactics are to come out, tell you what’s wrong, stating you need additional work. We had 3 different parts ordered and shipped by the company.

The first inspection by the tech was based on sound only. He said, "Your bearings out, need to order part and reschedule." Second tech came out. Did a quick inspection and said, "You need a hew drum," order part and reschedule. The final tech came out and now says, "Your rotor is bad, we cannot repair and need to reschedule and order part." I asked to speak with a supervisor, or get a contact number. This was met several times by the tech saying, "A supervisor will call you."

The tech mysteriously changed his diagnosis as he will repair with the existing bad rotor. I disputed this and asked to speak to a supervisor again. He put the parts back in and ran the washer and said everything’s fine. He then asks me if anyone told me about additional charges. I said no asking for a supervisor again. I stepped away for a moment and discovered the tech was in his van leaving without any explanation. I ran out there, he stopped in the street and yelled out “I have to jet, my supervisor will call you." I was in disbelief and discovered that the washer is still inoperable with a total bill of $913.00

Had they initially properly inspected and diagnosed the washer and told me it was going to cost $913.00 I would have never continued with the service. No supervisor ever called and later in the evening we received 5 emails all at the same time, they were invoices with all the charges that we never approved. The authorization signature line on all documents was signed with an X. I need some help here to recoup my money and expose this company and their illicit tactics. Please call me **.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

My real rating is below zero stars. I called Frigidaire on Monday, 8/10 for my refrigerator which was 'NOT COLD' at all. The freezer was working, not so for the refrigerator. I have an extended warranty, so I was told that they assigned A&E for the service, and it would be Thursday 8/13. I called A&E to see what time service would be, I was told between 12 and 5pm... Okay with me. I received a message Wednesday night confirming the appointment for the following day, 8/13 between 12 and 5pm. I was home all day. 5pm rolls around, no service person showed up, no service person called to say anything.

I called A&E (on hold for 15 minutes) and was told the serviceman was running 45 minutes late, "Don't worry, you are last on his schedule for the day." I wait. It is 6pm now, no one has arrived, I call A&E back to see the status of the repairman. I wait 10 minutes on hold, a female customer service representative answers, takes my information, puts me on hold and returns to the line telling me, "I was not home, and the service person cancelled my appointment". I told her that was a LIE. I was home all day!

I asked why was she telling me this excuse, when an hour prior I was told by another of A&E's customers service rep's that my service person was running late. Apparently, I caught her in a lie. She then said she would recheck the status of my repair, which turned into "the serviceman ran too late for the day, I have to reschedule you". So, you would think my reschedule date would be pretty darn soon, since they were a NO SHOW, NO CALL for the 8/13/20 appointment. I was told the next appointment was 8/28/20, 15 days later!!!!

At this point it is more than frustrating, a no show appt., no call to me, and to top it off, customer service lying to me about why they did not show up.. My recourse was to hang up and call Frigidaire factory service, who assigned me this 'repair' company in the first place. I told them this whole saga. They then assigned me to ABCO appliance repair, who has been wonderful. My advice, if you are under warranty or extended warranty, and are given A&E as your repair company, demand a different company. I would never accept A&E as an appliance repair provider, ever.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

In all fairness, it's hard to say if the communication glitch is with A&E or LG Appliances. In short, after contacting LG and having them diagnose (with 99.99% certainty, per them) a failed compressor in our 3 year-old fridge, it took 11 days to get A&E to our house. I specifically told both LG and A&E that if I fully expected the technician to bring a new compressor and not just show up to diagnose the problem, like some friggin' brain surgeon offering up a second opinion. Well, guess what?

Dude shows up and confirms the compressor is dead and tells me he did not bring a replacement. He then added it will take a week for LG to ship the parts to me, after which A&E can reschedule me. FYI, the earliest spot they had is an additional week after the parts are supposed to arrive. The technician admitted it's inefficient but that... #1) they have had problems with LG's over-the-phone diagnoses, and thus bringing a new compressor when there is a possibility it may not be needed is untenable, and #2) they cannot possibly stock all of the possible compressors for all the different makes and models of fridges they service.

Frankly I don't buy either argument... #1) heck, I knew the compressor was dead and I'm not a fridge repairman, plus it was verified via the Q&A with "Anna" in Bangalore, and #2) A&E's focus is appliance repair and THE ONLY option I was given by LG, so their business model should include stocking a boatload of compressor models! Bottom line is when this is all said and done, we will have been without a fridge for nearly a month, and that's IF the repair actually takes place when planned and is successful. Oh yeah, btw, we are smack dab in the middle of California's epic August 2020 heat wave. Nice.

A&E Factory Service Company Information