A&E Factory Service

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Dan of Olympia, WA on

This company apparently has problems with managing appointments for the customer's satisfaction. Communications with the technicians obviously are nonexistent as updates to your appointment status do not come your way. I have a refrigerator repair needed and I have an extended contract with A&E for this service. The first visit had an 8 am to noon window, service man showed up just before 2 pm. No calls from A&E about status. Needed to order a part so a 2nd service call was needed, also an 8 am to noon window. No status updates came so I called them about 10:30 am and was told no service technician was assigned to my service. We had some snow in our area and was later told by a supervisor that was the reason no technician would be coming. Again I had to call to get this information. Obviously offshore agents answering the call so understanding them as to what is the issue is a challenge.

There is no consideration for the customer's need on making appointments. When I tell them I have an appointment elsewhere at 11:30 and can they put me at the front of the queue, all I got was 8 am to noon. I asked again for a window that would be earlier than noon and was told "emphatically" that simply cannot be done. The scheduling is strictly based on the company's need to have efficient routing and no consideration for customer needed. This contract with them runs out this August and I will not be renewing it. I believe Sears should rethink their management of this company and it colors my impression of Sears and I now tend to think of other sources for stuff they sell. I also have a 3 years contract for my washer & dryer that I am going to see if that can be canceled with a refund of my fees.

Jo of Bryan, TX on

There is ZERO communication between divisions, the customer service agents flat out lie to appease you rather than explaining the limitations of the service. The customer services agents apparently get in trouble if they escalate a concern, so they will give you irrelevant external numbers to call so that the customer, not them, hangs up and they are off the hook.

Service technicians may be highly trained, but appear to get ZERO information from the offshore 1 800 number, so there's no real point in asking for a day of repair phone call to confirm the visit. I was told to wait from 8am until 8pm when the technician didn't get in touch with me for my repair day -- 12 hours wait is INSANE for a no show. We live in an age of cellphones and text messages, it should be insanely easy for the technician to update customers ("Hey, you are third in line, so probably this afternoon, I'll call when I'm finished with the job before yours" would be so easy!).

The technician's digital system was broken, and he was unable to order my parts under warranty because the little check box was greyed out. Had to pay out of pocket for lifetime warranty parts -- Sears was supposed to call me back about my issue three times ("someone will call you in two to three business days") and that never happened. I returned the parts and cancelled the repair after several weeks of failure, with automated reminder phone calls for the wrong dates, and lies from the customer service agents. Then, three weeks after the parts return, still no refund. If you wish to know evil, contact A&E for a repair.

Yolanda of Tappahannock, VA on

The first time Sears sent Faber repair out to repair my Kenmore washer. They failed to return on their appt date. So Sears sends out A&E to diagnose and repair washer. This was in late Dec 2016. Return date for the repair was 1/5/2017. No repairman showed up. Sears rescheduled for 1/12/17. No repairman showed up. He went to the wrong house and did not call to see if he was at the correct home (we live in the country and our house is not on the main road). Do not use A&E for repairs. They are liars and will not fix your appliance.

k of Morganton, NC on

I give no for bad service. I'm renting and had failure to an oven touch pad Jenn-Air old model. I've used A&E over 10 yrs. I will never again call their establishment. Not to mention how embarrassed I was to explain to the realtor and homeowner about paying 487.54 for their unit and how we all agreed that we were overcharge. When I called I told them what the problem was and was charged 89.00 to tell me what I already knew. The part itself was 330 and going to be charged 70.00 more to screw it back in. When I searched for the part under Partsdirect, the most the parts would have been was 234.00. I have had them repair Kitchenaid ovens and stoves in the past that were under 6 yrs old and have never been charged this ridiculous amt ever. I called resolution number 888-236-1887 and he said that's what they charge. Okay so be prepared to overpay if you decide to call A&E Factory Service. You know Sears is closing a lot of stores. Wonder why!

Diane of West Point, VA on

This is the most absolute excuse for a company there is. I am surprised that Lowe's (yes that is where I got my warranty from) uses this place. I had a dishwasher breakdown. I had to wait 18 days for them to come out. When the repair man was on his way he said he was to replace a part. I said "I don't know all about that but the DW is leaking." He got here, bad mood and all, said there was nothing wrong that he ran two small cycles. When we went to use the DW for the FIRST time since he left it was still broken.

I called Lowe's again (yes this is where I purchased a warranty) they said I had to wait another 18 days. After continually complaining with Lowe's they ended up buying out the unit. This is a horrible company and I don't see how Lowe's and Sears use them. The only other option I had was to bring in my own company, pay them out of my pocket and Lowes would replace. This company is just horrible.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about A&E Factory Service?

K. C. of Westlake Village, CA on

I've been waiting since 12-26-16 for a tech to repair my refrigerator. They were scheduled & confirmed via text a 1-6-17 date. I wasted a day waiting, no tech. He called out sick. Next date isn't until 1-17-16. I have a warranty on the fridge. I'm convinced if you have an extended warranty, they make you wait even longer for repairs. I will NEVER, EVER do business with this company again. I will also NEVER purchase an extended repair warranty again! A&E lacks even the simplest ability to resolve appointment issues as well as being unresponsive if you need to speak to manager of any kind. No small wonder that the parent company, Sears is doing so poorly!!!

Tammy of Jacksonville, FL on

I called on 12/29/16 concerning a washer that I needed serviced. Problem - the serial number and model number were on the wrong appliance. I try to explain this to the representative who in turn cut me off as well as was rude and obnoxious. I was addressed as if he were talking to a child. He didn't look to see what I was saying. It got so bad my son was about to talk to him. I called another number and got a decent, respectable person who not only listen but resolved the problem. I pray I Never have to deal with the young man who seemed like he had no interest in helping me. I can't remember his name but he needs to be reprimanded by management. This is the type of employee that can cause you to lose customers.

Annie of Sterling, VA on

I got a dryer with Best Buy in Leesburg. Apparently that meant dealing with A&E. I got a top of the line dryer that broke down. A technician named CHARLES came and he fixed the first time. Then next time when it broke again, he came but ran away - saying that our vents are not attached. We fixed the vent and then since we have not been able to get them to come. We spend hours and then get an appointment between 1p-5p and then it cancels at 11:53a -happened twice. Finally, I check Consumer Affairs and I really what a horrible company they are.

Bill of Wantage, NJ on

We were emailed that our appointment had been canceled late in the morning of our scheduled appointment for our Samsung refrigerator between 1 & 5 PM. My wife took the day off of work for this specific reason. When I called I was told they could not help, so I asked for a supervisor. After an extended wait, I was disconnected. When I called back and asked for a supervisor again, after a long wait I was connected to Molly. Molly was not able to help either apparently, A&E has 1 service technician for our area.

Bryan of San Angelo, TX on

We had an A&E technician come out to diagnose a problem with a 1 1/2 year old Kenmore elite refrigerator. He stated the problem was the main control board and provided an estimate of 740.00 to fix it. That seemed too high so we declined the service. After the technician left, I reviewed the printout he provided for the estimate and found that he had added $274.94 (includes tax) for a Net Protection Agreement to the repair cost estimate. He never asked me if I wanted an extended warranty so why was it included in the 'repair' estimate? This is highly unethical. I'm not sure if it is just that particular technician or a company policy but please review any estimates for unnecessary charges before agreeing to repairs.

William of Blue Grass, IA on

Repair of Samsung Dryer, purchased from Sears on 10 Dec 2013. We have a Sears Master Plan Protection Plan continuously since 2003. In the contract, it has a "No Lemon Guarantee", that states that after 3 failed repairs for the same problem (same part that failed) within a 12-month period, then they (Sears) will replace the appliance with a new one. The Sears Master Protection Plan cover 5 household appliances, one of which includes my Samsung Dryer. Dryer repair/maintenance history:

24 Oct 2016 A& E (Sears) sent a repairman to do an annual PM check on all 5 of our appliances (Ralph). He was he was at our home for perhaps 1.5-2.0 hours. He cleaned & checked make sure all the appliances were working properly. One of the things he said he did was take the dryer apart & clean out the build-up of lint inside of the dryer. In late Nov 25th (approximately), the dryer failed to operate (dials would light up, but it would not start). On 2 Dec 2016, repairman ** took the dryer apart & told us that it was a miracle we did not have a fire because of the excessive lint build-up inside the dryer. I told him that Ralph cleaned the dryer 5 weeks earlier. ** said that was impossible. He called & confronted Ralph. Ralph confessed he was in a hurry because it was his birthday so he did not clean it. ** replaced the thermostat & left (replacement #1). The part failed on the second load of clothes.

Dec 7, 2016, Repairman ** returned to our home & put in another thermostat. He left, the same part failed after one load of clothes (replacement #2). Dec 13, 2016, Repairman Martens (sp?) came to our house & replaced the same part. He tested the dryer. The same part failed after 4 minutes. He left, but as he left he said he had no idea why it was failing. He stated that he normally works full time on snow blowers (replacement #3). Dec 21, 2016, Repairman Tim came to our house & was very optimistic he could fix the dryer. He brought several parts & installed a new door catch, a part in the control panel (?), & another new thermostat. It failed immediately. He left (replacement #4).

What needs to be done to resolve this issue? Another appointment is schedule for 30 Dec 2016, but I don't want another attempted repair. We have been carting clothes to the laundromat for over 5 weeks. Our contract is clear & we have had FOUR replacements already of the same part in only 5 weeks. This far exceeds the contract requirement of 3 times within one year. Four different reps have had their hands on it & still no resolution. The dryer is a LEMON & I deserve a new one immediately. I have been on the phone countless times with the Sears Master Protection Plan people.

On three separate occasions, I have waited anywhere from 20-35 minutes before talking to anyone. In all three times after explaining this to the rep, they switch me to talk to someone else & I was cut off. I have asked them to call me back if we get disconnected, but they say they can't because they don't have an outside line. I have talked to the local Davenport Store manager & he will/cannot help. I have placed at least 18-20 phone calls for service & warranty assistance. They have so far refused to honor the NO LEMON GUARANTEE in the contract. Sears needs to step up to the plate & get me a new dryer ASAP!!

Debbie of Hampton, VA on

Called A&E to switch the orifice on my gas dryer from propane to natural gas. Scheduled an appointment two weeks prior to the date they could show up. Received a call the morning of the appointment and the repair person said he would not be showing up until after 5:30 when the time frame was between 1:00 and 5:00. He wanted to know what was to be done as he did not believe he was capable of changing the orifice. He had received an email that morning telling him what the job was. Ended up he was told not to do this from his boss as they are not allowed to change the orifice.

We called A&E and tried to speak to a Manager and was told someone would call us back. No surprise no one called us. We waited two weeks for them to tell us they could not do the job when my husband explained to them what needed to be done. I will not recommend them to anyone and will try and speak to someone with authority to get this resolved. They changed it the first time 7 years ago when we moved so... not sure if anyone knows what they are doing.

Charlie of Oak Ridge, TN on

This company does third party repairs for Sears and set appointments that are far off and then the night before call and say they need to bump your appointment several days. Had to wait 15 days for an appointment for them to only call and move an additional 3 days. Stay away as they are not going to show up on time or day of appointment. This is the second time this month they have canceled on us.

Kenneth of Encinitas, CA on

You hung up the 1st time. Then I was told to call different numbers 2 more times to get to right department. I figured if your office couldn't get me there - then your biz is damaged! Change or go under...

Laura of Tampa, FL on

I would not recommend this company to anyone. We scheduled a day and time frame of 8 am to 12 pm for the repair tech to come to my home and fix the recall on my washer. I took time off work to have this repair taken care of and the tech never showed up!. I got a call at 10:30 am from them to say he was on his way. 12:00 still not here. They said he was on his way. 1:30 pm I called them and they said he was on his way AGAIN! Now my morning appt has turned into an all day event! If they had any unexpected back up the least they could have done was call me and TELL me. I would not have taken the entire day off and would not have waited around ALL day. Finally at 3:30 pm the tech calls me to say he has been calling and the phone was busy. I don't believe a word of it!!! I will NOT be rescheduling with this company! I see this companies reviews and this is a pattern of theirs.

lois of Wichita, KS on

Called on 10/19 that my DW under warranty was not working. They scheduled an appt for 11/03. The Tech came out, looked at the DW, said he had part on truck, replaced part and left. I ran the DW the next day - NOT repaired doing the same thing. Called warranty on 11/4. Scheduled appt for 11/16. Same tech came out. Said if I could wait he would go get the part so I waited 30 min. He returned with the part put it in, said something about his computer crashed. Had to go to his truck. In the meantime I went to my kitchen DW doing the EXACT same thing. NOT repaired. Tech comes back in the house, hands me a tickets, says repairs are completed. I say "NO the DW is doing the exact same thing. Repair is NOT completed." He goes into DW, sees all the lights flashing, says "I have completed the ticket. NOTHING I can do. I will have to order a new part" and leaves.

I call the A&E. They do not see where tech ordered part. Tells me to call the next day so I do... The Tech never ordered part and they schedule yet another appt for 2 weeks 16 days later - he will be out tomorrow. It better not be the same tech. I have now been without a DW for 6 1/2 weeks. Have talked to probably 20 people at Sears/A&E with NO results. My question to Sears would be "Why would you associate your name with a Company such as A&E that seems to have no clue? You are hurting your business by doing so." They will not let you talk to anyone - they all say they are "Managers". You are ROBOT MGRS reading from a script.

This is the worst company I have every dealt with - I would give neg stars if allowed. Due to the service Sears has - I will never step foot in a Sears store again. They have damaged their own reputation by dealing with such a company - which proves they do not care about their customers. We will see how tomorrow goes. I just have a feeling I will be waiting another 2 weeks. At this point I will go to a news service and see if they can get something accomplished where I have been unable to do so. VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER.

Renee of Pelham, NH on

I have never written a review before but the lack of service and professionalism with this company warrants it! I would NEVER use this company and suggest that no one else does as well. I made my appointment almost 2 weeks ago because Samsung is using this company. I called the day before my appt (as instructed) to get a 2 hour window. I was told I could not get the 2 hour window as told and that I would need to plan on 4 hours. They would 'try' to send me a text with the 2 hour window when a tech was assigned. I called again this morning and was told that my appt had been rescheduled!! If I did not call, I would have been sitting home for 4 hours!! When I spoke to the supervisor and asked if this is the type of service I could expect, he said that they called (no voicemail was left!) and that they are rescheduling period. In other words, yes! They have the contract with Samsung so they could care less!!!

jennifer of Hilmar, CA on

This company is provided by samsung to do their repairs. They have been to my house 2x to fix same problem and it is not fixed. Scheduled 3rd time no show and had to "reschedule" for 2 wks out! Today... a no show as well!! Worst company ever!!! I will NEVER buy a samsung product again nor will I ever use A&E factory service for any repair!

Dar of Mason, OH on

HMS warranty on refrigerator that was not producing ice. Claim was assigned to Sears who sent out a technician from A&E Services (3rd party contractor to Sears apparently). Long story short, 4 technician visits over a 2-month period and not only is the ice maker not working, now the freezer isn't as well (lost $1000 in food). Last technician troubleshot the problem to an evaporator assembly (which should have been caught initially)...and the outcome, "sorry you have to contact Whirlpool because we aren't authorized to replace that item"!!! I called A&E customer service and was basically told I was out of luck, no reimbursement for the food or time lost taking off from work!!! Run away from A&E.

David of Kennesaw, GA on

Sears scheduled my lawn tractor for warranty work. The A&E tech came out today 11/4 at 12:30 P.M. He asked what were my problems. I felt he was already upset or mad about something else. I showed him my letter to Sears and explained the problems. He said earlier he couldn't fix the problem with the grass blowing out of the upper tube. Didn't say why just couldn't. The grass height of the mower deck should and shows adjustment height from 1 to 6. He asked what number I used and I said, "right now I only use 4 to 6 because the deck won't go any lower". He said, "If you only use 4 to 6 you don't need 1 to 3." He said the mower deck wheel need to be adjusted high.

I asked, "Why does the mower deck have other holes?" As he was adjusting the deck wheel higher I looked back at his van and OIL was dripping out of his side sliding door onto my paver driveway. He opened the door and pushed a 1 or 2 gallon container of oil back upright. I said, "can you clean this up or can you call the office and have someone come out now and clean the oil off of my pavers?" He called someone and was told to clean the oil up as best as he could and we would have to have the pavers cleaned and file a claim.

In the meantime I told him the wheel adjustment won't work because now when the mower is on #1 the metal deck is on the ground. His excuse was the mower deck was floating and the wheel were only supposed to work on uneven ground. The wheels don't touch at all now. I asked, "What's your name?" He wouldn't tell me after asking many times. Finally he said Josh. At this point he stopped working on my mower and was cleaning the inside of his van. Looked like a quart or two was all over the bed. Then he started to put down paper to soak up the oil.

I asked him again to call the office and he wouldn't answer. I called the office and talked to someone who couldn't speak clear English. My wife also tried to understand and asked for a supervisor but was told they couldn't transfer the call. Meanwhile Josh and I were having a one sided conversation. I kept asking, "What are you going to do?" He said nothing. I asked, "How long have you been with A&E?" and he said 7 months. I told him he didn't know much about lawn tractors.

I finally decided to call A&E and asked what his last name was and after the tenth (10th) request he wouldn't tell me and I did call him an, "idiot". My wife and I kept asking for his last name and then he started up his gas generator or compressor (I couldn't tell) so he couldn't hear us. I pulled the plug wire of of the unit and he said, "what did you do". I said, "what is your last name". He finally said, "I'm out of here". I did go around to the driver's side and touched his window and said, "Josh, what is your last name". Then he said, "I'm calling the Kennesaw police". I said, "why?" "Because I hollering at you?" I went inside to get my wallet just in case the police did come to my house and at the same time called A&E and they wanted to talk to Josh but he wouldn't open the window and would not talk to them. He put some white powder on the oil but never told me what it was. The police were never called.

I'm 75 and weigh 194 and Josh is approximately 6' plus and weighs 250. Did he really feel threatened or did he not have the knowledge to fix my mower or clean my pavers? I have a claim number for property damage. After approximately 10 minutes sitting in his van Josh with no last name left. I checked my driveway and the oil drops actually start on the concrete and drop on our pavers and then there's a 3 to 4 foot stain of oil that soaked unto the pavers. Someone from A&E is supposed to call within 48 hours or on Monday. I guess to send someone out to check on the damage. This is not clear.

Meanwhile I have a mower that Josh adjusted the deck wheel higher and did nothing else and left the mower apart. I not only didn't get my mower fixed. I now have a stained paver driveway... I want A&E to have the pavers cleaned and if they can't I want the pavers replaced. We paid $12,600.00 for the pavers and I don't want the area bleached or a different color.

kentfore@yahoo.com of Torrance, CA on

Our KitchenAid refrigerators started having problems. There has been 6 service guys out to fix the issues and after 2 months they still haven't fixed it. Try having no refrigerator with a family of 4 for 2 months. Apparently the first tech misdiagnosed the problem and replaced parts not needing replacing. The last straw was yesterday another tech replaced the motherboard and today we wake up to bottles having exploded inside our fridge from freezing. The customer service supervisor Mayra told me on the phone today she was going to send a memo to the service department... WOW they just don't care about the customer. A&E Service is "THE WORST". Do yourself a favor and get another Service Co. that will actually give you some SERVICE!

fred of Berea, OH on

I have a service contract on my Sears Elite over the range microwave which failed. Six service calls during a two month period, trying new pc boards, my microwave has been left in pieces after the so-called techs gave up trying to fix my microwave and left me hanging and I have a contract on this appliance. They even took a few original boards with them so it is not even complete. I cannot recommend this company because they do not know what they are doing. In the trades, we call them "butchers". Small claims court is my next step.

Ace of Stirling, NJ on

I scheduled a service 3 weeks and had to wait a week for a technician. They came and said they had to replace a control board for auto-defrost on my refrigerator. They charged $350 to my credit card and that evening my refrigerator was still not working and had another error code. I immediately called and asked for a technician. The earliest date they could give was yet another week away. Today I waited all day for the technician and they never came. I called and they said there was a problem with the technician, which they didn't know what, but that the earliest they could come again was next Thursday. I complained and they started a case file, but no results or appointments until next Thursday. Never use this company. They are not trustworthy. They have committed billing fraud by charging me with no services delivered, though they promised it was fixed.

Deb of Whitman, MA on

We have Home Shield warranty on our appliances. Our microwave door needed to be replaced, tech comes out, has door shipped to us. Now 1 week goes by time to be here between 10 and 2 - no show, no call. Finally I call them at 6:30. Tech shows up they ordered wrong door!!! Customer service is awful and they are not in this country which A&E advertises and All-American company BS!!! No one speaks proper English now. Door was to be delivered next day. No door and guess what, they got my money - they take the check and leave!!! Please we are changing co. because Sears only uses these morons!!!

Bernasteen of Seattle, WA on

This is a tacky ass repair company. Were suppose arrive between 1-5 pm. ** never showed up or called. When I called at 5:30 they said "oh there's a second 2 hour window", which meant 7:30. 7:30 came and went. I called again and they said "can we reschedule". I told them "Hell No." People please listen. NEVER EVER USE THIS COMPANY. A&E Factory Service. Zero stars. Should not run a business. Very unprofessional.

Nadine of Whitehouse, OH on

This is the worst company. This is my 3rd time in 15 months for the same repair, not to mention we have been out a refrigerator 3 weeks each time. Here is how the run their business - takes techs a week to come out without parts even though you give customer service the error code then wait a week for the parts to be delivered then another week to 10 days before they come out to put the parts in, they state they are out that far and have no opening. Obviously Sears has an issue with their appliances and A&E doesn't know how to fix them right the first time. A&E shouldn't be in business. They are a joke. I had to give them 1 star to post this otherwise they do deserve any - they suck.

Jeremy of Charleston, WV on

I have gone 6 days without hot water. The tech who came to my house said that he will have to be back Monday with the part to fix my water heater. After playing phone tags over the weekend and this morning I called the A&E number to check the status of the tech coming to my house to fix the water heater. They keep saying that they do not have an answer and I would have to call back to speak with someone who has the info. I asked today "Where are you located?" And they located in the Philippines not even in our country. THIS IS BS. My wife was told that the Tech would be back to my house today to fix it and the call center keeps saying they have no answers to my questions. I do recommend that you or your friends not to buy a household equipment that deals with this company. Waste of time and money.

Charles of Bayville, NJ on

Tech was supposed to be at my house between 1-5. Never came and they wanted to reschedule for the following week. The tech called me and said he would be here at 3:30. At 4:45 call A&E, didn't know anything.

Edward of Glencoe, KY on

Repairman didn't replace stacking bracket when he done repair on washer of a stacked set. Called and got the runaround and was told it would have to be handled by warranty dept, back to beginning of run around. Repairman didn't do job and I'm being punished for it.

Robin of Cooperstown, NY on

Have a GE profile dryer that is not working try and find a technician to fix was my first nightmare. Took forever for A&E to come out. They gave me the wrong day. Guy finally comes and diagnoses it as the motor the price he gave me was outrageous. I went online and found the motor for more than half off myself. Had it installed for 2/3 cheaper and guess what it wasn't the problem and they want to charge me to come back out. Will not make good on their mistake. Can't believe they have not been shut down and that GE is suggesting them. Don't use, run for the hills. Almost criminal.

A&E Factory Service Company Profile