1.11/5
Based on 73 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

A&E Factory Service

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 14, 2018

764 A&E Factory Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I have had my repair appointment rescheduled 3 times over the course of one month. I have a protection agreement and each time, the day of the appointment I am rescheduled. Their customer service is terrible and rude. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM A&E BUSINESS! Unless of course you want crappy service and bad products.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I bought a Kenmore Elite Electric Range in December 2016. About four months after purchasing I noticed that the warming drawer would not open when the oven was being used. I called A&E for warranty service and they have come out over a dozen times to try to fix the problem. Every time they came out they did not fix the problem. I then have to call back and get another appointment. They schedule the next appointment for 3 weeks out. Two times they never even showed up after making the appointment, the last time they were here I didn't even have an appointment scheduled.

Over the last year they tried changing parts, some parts they changed several times. The last time the technician was here he had to video chat with the factory so that they could see the problem, they instructed the technician to put 6 screws in the bottom of the oven so that it would not rub when opening the warming drawer. This is not a suitable fix for a brand new appliance, and it did not even fix the problem. I went to social media to try to get someone to respond and they did. Within 2 days of taking to Twitter I had a replacement range in my home. Sounds great, right? Well no it is not great. The new range has the same manufactures defect. It does not allow me to utilize the warming drawer when the oven is warm.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

If I could give negative stars I would. They never notified us - by text or email - when they were going to show up. They showed up, and without looking at anything, diagnosed the problem. Told us it would be at least two weeks and $500 for the parts and then demanded a check for the $99, as opposed to a credit card, because their machine was "broken." They then used that same "machine" (iPhone) to deposit the check electronically. So much for it being broken... to top things off, the "service tech" then tried to sell us a $50 a month warranty program. You never actually fixed anything! Why would we pay you more?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

A&E is a, "CLOWN SHOES" company and it's shocking to me that Lowe's would ever suggest these half-wits to any of its customers. The problem actually starts with Lowe's corporate. I will never walk into Lowe's ever again and neither will my family nor friends nor business associates. I sit here with a non-functioning (Whirlpool side by side) fridge that I certainly cannot use. A&E will not give me any contact information to their legal department. Evasive habits and lies is what seems to compel this company. They take on way too much work/jobs and end up dumping on their customers that relied on them to fulfill their contract. I have accelerated this situation by getting the Iowa Attorney General's office involved. I suspect that they will have means of contacting these losers. If anyone out there has contact info about A&E, please publish/post it? Interested in finding out ownership as well.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I would give this company a negative 10 if I could. So unprofessional! I have been waiting for over a month to get my dishwasher fixed. The first time a repair guy came out, he had no idea what he was doing and told me there was nothing wrong with it. So that was a wasted day off work. The next appointment a guy came out and said it was the seal around the sump pump, but he didn't have the part on him. So another day off work wasted. They ordered the part and scheduled a 3rd appointment and my husband took off work. Now they call and say they have to reschedule because the part is on back order.

Earlier in the week I called Home Depot warranty case manager, Elizabeth, and she said she would have the part ordered and overnighted to our house. It came 2 days later. No one from Home Depot told A&E that they did this, so A&E canceled our appointment, but didn't tell us. My husband is at home waiting on someone to come, but they call this same morning and said since the part didn't come they have to reschedule. But the part is there at my house, but they won't have someone come fix it. My husband does not get paid when he doesn't work, so now he is not getting paid and no one is going to fix it and we have to reschedule yet again. All they could do is say they're sorry over and over again, but will do nothing to correct the problem. I am so mad, but they don't care. I could barely understand the people on the phone because they are in the Philippines.

This has to be the worst company I have EVER dealt with. If I ever buy an extended warranty, I will make sure to find out if A & E factory repair is the service provider. If they are I will not even buy the appliance. I would NOT recommend this repair company at all. Their customer service reps AND the service techs are INEPT!! They must be the bottom of the barrel workers who can't find jobs anywhere else. UGH!! HORRIBLE MADDENING EXPERIENCE!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about A&E Factory Service?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Freezer on Side By Side LG Fridge not Working - I would rate a negative if available! Scheduled appointment on Wed. for Fri., two days out, best they could do; Lowe's said call A&E in AM? Called Thur. morning to see if they could move up as everything was defrosting. Got agent in Philippines, very difficult to understand, but insisted my Range appointment was set up for Friday morning, Range? Asked to speak to supervisor, but was told I would get the same result, "Nothing". Finally got a Supervisor online and she was very indignant, insisted Range was the trouble? Even though notes on order stated Ice-maker not working and freezer not working. I questioned her as to what an ice-maker and freezer had to do with a range, again indignant responses and would interject with her scripted responses limiting me from talking. She insisted that it was Lowe's problem as they made the mistake. Not once did she offer "Let me see what I can do".

Terrible Customer Service, constant blame game, Inexperienced agent and supervisor to say the least. Unfortunately I ended hanging up as I got so frustrated with their lack of customer service, everything was just a script that they were obviously reading from, same words over and over. I ended up calling Lowe's and spoke to an agent in their corporate call center, he set up an emergency service call, hopefully that will happen sooner rather than later?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

This has been such an unbelievably frustrating experience. We arranged for service almost two months ago because the our 2014 Kenmore Elite refrigerator (under warranty) was not producing ice. After waiting two weeks for the soonest appointment, the initial technician replaced our ice maker without any doing diagnostics. He was here under 10 minutes and charged us around $350 for the part and service. After two days we confirmed that our refrigerator was still not producing ice, so we scheduled another service.

Two weeks later a technician came and diagnosed the unit and decided he would replace the internal cooling system under warranty, but he would need to order the parts and wait for them to arrive. They would not refund or credit us for the initial visit even though we were made to replace a working part. After two more weeks we had received the parts and another technician was dispatched to perform the replacement. He arrived in the late afternoon on Friday January 5th and was there for around an hour. Within 30 minutes of him leaving our refrigerator began audibly leaking refrigerant gas. We opened the doors and windows and called back to explain the situation and try to get the technician to return asap, but we've been told over and over that no one will help us until Jan 18th. We've incurred additional expenses as a result of being left without a working refrigerator for ten days so far. We will never buy Kenmore products again.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

If I could rate this at a negative number I would have. I had them out to repair my ice maker. Repairman charged me 149.99 to look at the maker, force it to fill. He charged me for a "preventative maintenance review of my refrigerator" that he did NOT look at anything else in the fridge! When I complained to the company they refused to do anything to refund the money. In fact they gave me a runaround with the phone calls, transferring me to someone claiming to be a supervisor, that I found out on the subsequent call she was in fact NOT a supervisor!!! HORRIBLE company!!!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

The service technician (who has visited my house 4 times in the last 42 days) has repeatedly said that my new (purchased Aug. 27, 2017) Kenmore Elite refrigerator freezer is a lemon and should be replaced. However, he keeps ordering parts (compressor, evaporation system) because someone at corporate tells him to. Compressor failure and evaporation system failure within 29 weeks of ownership. The unit is a lemon!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

A&E is anything but service oriented. I purchased a LG washing machine several years ago. I attempted to contact A&E Service to arrange for a repair. After being on hold for over 23 minutes, I finally reached a CSR named Dave. After checking his computer, Dave could not find an appointment for the next three months! He then decided that A&E did not cover my area which is a part of Georgia with over 200,000 people. I then asked Dave if he was in the US and he said he was at an offshore call center. I asked for a call center in the US and he offered an explanation that he could not give me a US call center. I asked again and got disconnected. What part of "service" leaves you on hold for 23 minutes and then hangs up on you in 60 seconds? Will NEVER use A&E!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Hard to know where to begin. I bought a Frigidaire dishwasher online from BestBuy.com. Seemed like a very nice unit for the first 3 uses. Then something seemed to be wrong with the door and bottom pan. Loud banging upon closing door. Called Best Buy who told me to call A&E. First question from A&E was "which Sears or Walmart did you buy the dishwasher from?" After 1 hour on the phone I somehow got them to send a service tech out. Service guy comes out and promptly declares "what a piece of junk!" Nice to hear after spending over $800 on what I thought was a nice unit.

His 2nd question was "so which Sears store did you buy this from?" After removing the door inside panel he says the insulation was glued in so poorly (because Frigidaire has such bad quality control) that it was binding in the door hinge. He orders a new door panel. It arrives 2 weeks later. A&E sends out a second tech. This guy tells me right off that I bought a piece of crap. I feel so much better now. He takes apart the door and declares "the last tech didn't know what he was doing and there is nothing wrong with the unit." He installs the new door liner and leaves. These two techs have now dented the outside of the door and the inside bottom pan.

My wife and I load the dishwasher up and run a cycle. After opening up the door to remove the dishes I notice a 8" long piece of gasket material on the floor under the dishwasher. Called A&E again who of course want me to tell them which Sears/Walmart etc. I said I don't want either of those techs to come back and I would like to talk to a manager. She told me I can not talk to a manager. I asked her politely 3 more times and she flat out said "NO". Sent me to Sedgwick claims department who wanted to know did I buy it from Sears or Walmart?! I finally gave up, it seems to be working. I would never recommend buying from any store that uses A&E Factory Service.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I never chose these bums, my Whirlpool oven ceased to function one day, it was off warranty, so I figured I'd just call Sears... bad mistake. I spent 10 minutes with the Sears customer service tech setting up a service appointment the following day. The time came and went, I called Sears. They said they had no record of me ever calling. I angrily gave her the same info and set up an appointment at the next available time... six days later.

The technician arrived at the agreed upon date, and said he was with A&E Factory Service (The first time I'd heard them mentioned). I knew about the service fee, but since the fault seemed to be the igniter which costs $25 I figured it wouldn't be a lot more. He proceeded to spend an hour moving the stove around and talking to himself before I had to run some errands. My wife remained behind. When I got home, the tech was gone, but had collected $233.74, set up a return appointment time (for a week later) saying he needed to get a part, and noted on the receipt that an additional $137.26 would be due for the part. I was pissed, but figured we'd already spent so much to have him look behind the range and leave that we'd just let him finish up with the rape.

Almost immediately I started receiving robo-phone calls from A&E saying I needed to call and schedule an appointment to have the technician return. I was holding his receipt with his scheduled return appointment time, so I figured they were mistaken. They called every day for that week with the same message. Finally, on the scheduled day of the return appointment, the technician failed to return.

I then called A&E's 800 number and after waiting on hold for 20 minutes the call was answered by a young man with a very thick Southeast Asian accent. I explained my situation, and he attempted to look up my claim. I gave him my phone number (the same number they'd called over a dozen times) and my home address (where they had sent their technician).

It took over 20 minutes to convey and confirm this information, since English was apparently a passing fancy of this guy. Finally he proclaimed he couldn't find my account. I lost it, screamed for a while and he asked me once again for my info. I repeated very slowly every bit of info, and suddenly there was my account. He said I was supposed to receive the part at my house and call A&E to schedule an appointment. Strange since the service tech had already scheduled it. I got off the phone and within an hour received the package. I called A&E again, waited on hold again, and after 25 minutes the phone was picked up... by a fax machine tone. I called them back, waited on hold for 20 minutes and was finally connected to a woman with a deep Southeast Asian accent. I told her I needed an appointment, she scheduled me for a week an a half later and I hung up.

The next day a woman from Sears Parts Recovery left me a message saying I needed to set up a time to give her the "erroneous part" I'd received. I saw red, and returned the call. On hold 10 minutes before a recording stated there was nobody there to take my call, to leave a message with my service district number, customer's name and phone number! Obviously this call was meant for the technician. I left a slightly irate message and haven't heard back from anyone. It's hard to imagine a more incompetent process, I'm still in the middle of it, but am seriously considering cutting my losses, tossing the stove and buying a new one that is in no way affiliated with Sears, A&E or Whirlpool.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Had serviceman come out to check my fridge, came said it was computer board. Going to cost 600. If you get warranty service it will be 50 a month. The repair would be 274.00. Said ok being desperate for my fridge to work. Scheduled appointment to install. 2 weeks later another repair person comes to change a part on the door. Excuse me it's not the door that is broken. It's the computer board. Now it's a week until the holidays and I have no fridge. Tried to get my money back now 2 days and I am getting the runaround. The last person I spoke to said I would have to wait until someone calls me on Friday so they can go over my complaint. I don't want to go over anything. I just want my money back. THEY ARE HORRIFIC.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Do not do business with this company, all call staff is foreign. They run a bait and switch scheme which goes like this... $100 non-refundable service call, they bring no parts to fix even the simple things and then tell you it will cost $400 to fix a $40 part. At which time you balk as the guy has been at your house for less than 5 minutes, never touched the product and is asking for a check or credit card or he will call the police. We thought this was a reputable part of Sears, the company was A&E Factory Service https://www.aefactoryservice.com/. Save your money, don't do like I did and pay $100 for a here's your stupid sign.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Upon the initial diagnosis of my refrigerator, I was told what parts I needed and what it would cost. I was not able to get the repairs done at that time but the receipt stated that within 90 days of the estimate if I decide to get the repairs done, as opposed to paying another $99 show up fee, I only be charged 1/2 however I was only given $30 off the service call. I scheduled another appointment with Sears (A&E) for the repairs. I took a day off from work and no one showed at all. I had called several times throughout the day to learn what time to expect them and the operator kept telling me they were on their way.

Finally, I get an email way after hours that they are not coming. I called and Sears stated "it's the end of the day, they had to get home to their family." Are you serious? I had to reschedule which was 2 weeks later. I had a tech show up, diagnose the same problem as before, order the parts and a date to install the parts. That same day in the evening, another technician from Sears (A&E) showed up and told me that the tech from this morning does not know what he was talking about, bad mouth the other technician, wasted 2.5 hours of my time, and that the parts he ordered are totally wrong.

He "canceled" the entire previous order, placed a new order under his "technician ID" (Dave - **). I assume to get the credit for this call, and then became argumentative and rude with me in my own home. I asked him to leave and then he sat outside of my home for about a 1/2 hour (I have video footage). Being vindictive, he then canceled all of my parts, my upcoming appointment and I was still charged a service fee. This is unbelievable, the worse service I ever had from Sears (A&E) and in the future, I would "never" use Sears (A&E) for any type of repairs or appliance purchases.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Whirlpool Washer WTW8000DW Purchased 02/28/2016 from HHG. Paid 199.99 for 5 yr service contract. Trouble started 11/09/2017 with washing machine going out of balance in spin/rinse. Drum is spinning at high speed with water running. Goes out of balance. Shuts off. Also had noticed water level almost to top during rinse sometime on any cycle. Reported to A&E. They set an appointment for 11/22/2017. Tried to use stopping washer before spin rinse and just using spin/rinse on panel. Worked fine until it stopped pumping water out and wouldn't go into spin. Also noticed agitator loose. This was on the 20th. Service person was supposed to be there before 5:00pm. Showed after 6:00. Did a diagnostic, said bad door switch, had to order, rescheduled for 12/07 would send part to house and call when it arrived.

Now my wife and I are raising 3 teenage grandchildren to say the least a big inconvenience without washer. Anyway part arrived 11/27 great maybe they can get there before the 7th. Called that night, "Oh sorry we had to reschedule you for 12/14." ?? Needless to say OUTRAGED! Puts me over a month since I started claim. Called they can do nothing. Waiting and wondering and don't think door switch is going to take care of problem. Going out of balance first and then the other problems. May have to find a way to get my 199.99 back and find another washer or repair service. Reviews should have a way to leave less than 1 star, should be in a minus rating.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

This company has the worst service techs in the world. They schedule you so that you have to take off a full day of work, then they don't show up or have the common courtesy to call you to tell you they are not coming, so not only do you lose a day's wages but you don't get your lawn mower fixed either, Sears is who uses this worthless company, but Sears is also worthless so I guess they hire people like themselves. Also this service company never has the proper parts on hand.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I bought a very expensive convection microwave oven from Sears. Just after the warranty expiration it broke. I called A&E out to fix, and they did and talked me into an extended warranty, which I bought. The microwave broke again, same thing, a couple of years later, after warranty expired (of course). I called them out again, and they were able to fix it for a lot of money.

Long story short, the microwave broke a third time, same story, but this time I called them with the error code and they told me to buy the part and then they would come out and install it. I did, and two weeks later a guy showed up to install. He immediately said it was the WRONG PART and wanted me to pay him $250 for the visit!! He told me to buy a new microwave. I explained how expensive that one was and told him I wanted to call A&E and talk to someone about the part, but he was angry and in a huff because I wouldn't pay right then, and he left!!!

I finally got through to A&E and told them what happened, and they said, "Oh, I guess it's the wrong part," but there is NO PART, that microwave model is no longer produced! I ended up having to buy a new microwave. Two months later I got an invoice from Sears/A&E demanding the $250 payment or they would send it to debt collection.

I wrote them and explained the whole situation, but they wrote back and said I had to pay or they would ding my credit. I wrote again and complained about the poor service. They wrote back and said they could reduce it to $140, but that was the lowest they would go. I wrote again, and again they replied and said, "Pay now or it would be reported to the credit agency." I finally gave up and paid, but I am very, very, very, upset with this company. DO NOT CHOOSE THEM FOR SERVICE! Don't purchase anything from Sears!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

The washing machine from Sears (GE) started giving us trouble about a year ago and since we have the extended warranty, or service contract, we called Sears, and they sent A&E out. This was in March of this year. The guy could not fix it (need parts) so this began the long process of ordering parts. And repeating this process several times, and now it is November, and the washer still does not work. This was the last straw, so we called and demanded that they send this (incompetent) serviceman back out the next day order to get it working. No good. The earliest they said was the end of December! After this last trip and no result (again!), we have decided to get a new machine from someone who does not use this useless outfit, and sue them for the cost of the new machine. Never again from Sears as long as they use these people!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

We purchased the extended warranty through Sears on our washer. It started leaking so we called and two weeks later a repairman shows up to tell us he cannot find anything wrong. A month later the washer malfunctions again and floods three rooms! Call in again and another two weeks a repairman shows up and says he found an issue but does not have the part and has to order it. Tells us it will be shipped to our home and WE will have to call back in to schedule another appointment. I call and like the times before on hold for 30 + minutes to speak to a unfriendly person who speaks broken English and find out it will be ANOTHER two weeks to get the new part installed. On top of all this we have to deal with another third party company to fight to get the water damage taken care of. What a run around and waste of hours of my time on hold, getting transferred from one place to another AND having to take our laundry somewhere.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

My Kenmore refrigerator quit working on November 4th 2017, I called Sears and they set up an appointment with A&E to come out on the 17th. That is 2 weeks without a refrigerator and they said that soonest appointment they had. That was ridiculous and what am I supposed to do with all my food. They didn't have any sympathy and wouldn't do anything else to help. I got a call from Sears automated message the day before the appointment saying the repairman would be at my house between 8 and 5. They were supposed to call when they were on their way so I could be home, he didn't call until he was sitting in my driveway. I told him I was at work and he would have to wait until I could get there, he also asked if I had the part to be replaced. I informed him that nobody has been there yet to diagnose the problem and why he coming.

I also found out that he came from Bloomington which is two hours away, plenty of time that he could have called to tell me he was on his way. I have already had the company that I bought the fridge come out and they told me it was a bad compressor or a leak in the sealed system and that's when they told me it has a parts warranty on those parts and that I would have to call Kenmore. I was told that when A&E came out that they would completely diagnose the problem so we knew it was worth fixing. The A&E man checked a couple of things and called Sears diagnostics, they wanted some readings from him and then he was told to order a compressor then checked sealed system for a leak when he returns to install the compressor. He told he needed payment ($310!!!) for labor upfront before he could order parts and be another 2 weeks before he could return.

He also told me he thought it might need a circuit board because the fridge is saying it is 32 degrees in the fridge and -2 in the freezer and it is actually 72 inside both. I told him I wanted the seal system checked today so I know if it's worth fixing because Kenmore might replace the fridge or give me money back depending on the cost of repairs. He said he didn't have time to leak check today. I told him I wouldn't pay anything until my fridge was fully diagnosed and he refused to do anything else today so I told him just to leave. He then told me I needed to pay an $89 diagnosis fee and I told him I wasn't paying any money until he completely diagnosed my fridge so he left.

I called Sears back to see what they were going to for me now based on A&E' s report and they said the only thing in the report was that I refused to pay. So Sears/Kenmore has no idea what the extent of the repairs could be. Both of these companies are terrible to deal with and we never buy Sears again. If you buy any appliances make sure where you buy from can work on their products warranty or not. I learned this lesson the hard way.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Reported a heavy frosting problem with our LG french door fridge with bottom freezer about 3 weeks ago. I should mention that the fridge and freezer worked perfectly until and at this time but frosting hinted of future problems. Our Lowe's long-term purchased warranty was meant for these events. A&E service tech came and examined fridge and we were told "need part". Part was sent about a week later (from LG??). Subsequent service visit occurred yesterday but from a different A&E tech. On instructions from first tech visit we had defrosted the fridge for 2 hours prior to the tech's arrival. (Not required - just trying to be helpful).

Tech muttered during his "repair"??? Approx 1 hour repair, after which the tech told us to leave the fridge in the middle of our kitchen since moving it would likely spill the contents of the condensate pan onto our new Hickory hardwood floor (not good). The tech guessed that overnight the evap fan would evaporate the water in the pan. I guess draining a quart or so of this water was too much for this tech and his opinion was that a fridge in the middle of our small kitchen made perfect sense. The tech never checked for cooling in either fridge or freezer. About an hour after his departure we thought it the right time to re-load the fridge and freezer.

Luke-cool fridge and room-temp freezer. One more hour passed and both fridge and freezer were room temp and not cooling. Called A&E - "closed". Called Lowe's who held us while consulting with A&E by phone and was told someone will call within 30 minutes to set up an immediate return visit. Waited 90 minutes and no call. Called Lowe's who again called A&E who told them "ticket closed" will set up for Nov 27 visit. Called Lowe's and A&E first thing next morning and were told by A&E that the "first available" appt for re-visit is Nov 27. FOUR DAYS AFTER THANKSGIVING!!! (Day of this call was Nov 16)!!! Day of tech visit was Nov 15.

Did I mention that both fridge and freezer were working fine up to the point of the tech visit? Called the A&E resolution HOTLINE this morning (Nov 17) and was told "Nov 27"! (Some resolution). Pleas went without response by third-world boiler-room phone - babe. (A true "resolver"). Thankfully Lowe's intervened with A&E and so far - NO RESULT! Also thankfully Lowe's furnished a loaner fridge which is doing fine and we wait...

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

One of appliances went out and we had Sears Home Repair come to fix it. After the initial consultation they double charged my wife's credit card. We immediately called them (Sears/A&E) and got passed to multiple people and saying that they would look into it even though we provided them proof that they charged us twice. This was even before our appliance was repaired. We had to order a part before this could fix it. The 2nd time around they came to fix it (which they did). The technician had to call in my credit card information for the final repair charges. We said however we would not pay unless we got reimbursed from the first time around. The person on the phone claimed they had initiated the correction and then proceeded with the new charge. At the same time the repair tech swiped my credit card claiming it would not charge but it was just to close out the service.

However, the charge ran through as well as the charge from the rep on the phone. I immediately grabbed my computer to check my credit card balance and alerted them that they charged me 2x's. The person on the phone said that charge by the service tech would not go through and if necessary let my credit card company know just in case. Well, it has been almost a month and we have not been reimbursed for both double charges (~ $700 in total that we are owed). We have been emailing back and forth and getting nowhere so far. The billing specialist claims they have initiated reimbursement but we have yet to see anything. We have tried other channels at Sears and we get an explanation of what the charges were for but they don't acknowledge the billing mistake. I would watch out if you are using Sears Home Repair/A&E.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I purchased an LG front loading washer back in 2013 from Lowe's, and at that time purchased the extended protection plan. Little did I know at that time of whom they used for their service repairs... At the beginning of October we started experiencing issues with the washer leaking and contacted Lowe's to schedule a technician to come out and hopefully fix the issue. During the scheduling process the earliest opening they had was on 11/3 (keep in mind this was 3 weeks AFTER the issue was reported), at that time I provided my model, washer serial number, etc. and had hoped that it would be a simple fix.

Long story short they addressed the issue as being a bonnet that needed to be replaced inside but surprise, surprise they didn't have any available parts to fix it at that time. At that time we scheduled a follow up appointment for 11/13 to have the new part installed, and the issue corrected. Yesterday I received the replacement part via UPS, and then received another unexpected surprise from A&E Services... At that time I was told to contact them at my earliest convenience in order to reschedule the appointment... I reviewed their website which stated they were available until 10 PM CT and called them around 5 PM PT which was well before their closing time. Much to my displeasure I was greeted with a message stating that they were closed and to call back during business hours.

I finally reached them after multiple attempts and was told that I needed to reschedule my appointment because they overbooked their scheduling and would have to wait until 11/24 at the earliest. Are you kidding me!!?? First and foremost the original technician should have had plenty of parts to cover common issues, and from what he informed me this was a pretty common issue, then to call me a few days before it's supposed to be repaired and told to wait another 11 days or so before they could come address the issue.

I find this type of service completely unacceptable, and it's highly frustrating that due to no fault of my own that I want going to be without a functional washer for nearly 6 weeks. I can honestly state that due to this service, and the huge inconvenience that their errors have created that I will no longer be purchasing any extended plans from Lowe's if this is who they plan on using for their "repairs".

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

A&E Factory Service and Sears don't share coupons. I had a coupon for cleaning and maintenance and A&E says it means one thing while Sears says it's completely different. Neither company is good. Will never use either one again.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

My water heater pilot light extinguished some day during last week and we realized this on Saturday morning when we noticed the hot water was depleted. After trying three times to relight it on our own we called Whirlpool and they tried to help us, but with no avail. They then referenced us to A&E Factory Services. I immediately called to find out they were CLOSED! I found out then that they were closed all weekend and no one could help me to Monday. Good thing I live near my in-laws and parents!

I called them promptly on Monday morning and the representative told me they could have someone come on November 10! That is over a week away! I have two small children and this is unacceptable! There are other repair places out there that can help me and this is why corporations should not handle repairs from out of state because they lose sight of families and have no hearts. They should rather contract to local providers that service 50 mile radius and have at least two in each area so that situations like this do not happen again!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Started trying to get washer repaired in August '17. It is now 10/25/17 and still no repair. Had to order part once the tech came out. Called when part came in, appt. set for 10/10/17 and was told they would be here between 8:00 am and 12:00 pm. David called me and told me that he would be here around 12:30 pm, that I was next. I was very sick and waited until 2:30 pm and then called and canceled. Reset appt. for 10/17/17. Appt was confirmed on 10/16/17 but again did not show up so I called and they said,"Well you had an appt. but the call was not dispatched." (What kind of company does business like that).

I did call Lowe's as this is warranty work and I am very hopeful to get this issue resolved with administration dept although some lady at Lowe's who was very condescending to me told me that she was as far as I could go. Well I do have the President's phone number, little does she know. Again, they were supposed to be out on 10/25/17 but again at 3:37 pm David of A&E calls and says that he will be on his way soon. I told him that he should had come here first this morning since they had screwed up my other appt. He told me that he did not schedule the appts and he would be here as soon as he could.

I told him that he better be here before 5:00 pm because I was told 8:00 am -5:00 pm this time. He said he didn't know if he could make it or not. He then calls his supervisor and tells them that my behavior was bad and he wasn't coming here. They are the ones acting like jerks and not doing their job, if they don't get to you then they should put you at the top of the list the next day. Now let me ask you, who wants someone in your home at dinner time working on a machine maybe an hour or two while you are having family time. I live in a rural area and they are a monopoly here and they just don't care.

They work the populated areas first to get more tickets completed and the people in the rural areas are treated like crap. I have since called Lowe's and told them that I did not want them at my house period. So now I have to pay for my warranty work and hope to get paid back by Lowe's. I don't know but this isn't over with yet. When I worked in Houston for an apartment complex we had the same problem, schedule appts and don't show up. I do not understand how anyone can stay in business treating people like this. It has been 2 months in getting this machine fixed, they are a very incompetent company and the people running it need to be fired and new customer reps.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I made 4 different appointments with A&E Factory Services starting in August to November. They never even worked on my dishwasher. They made excuses like my dishwasher wasn’t balanced or the drain was dirty. On my last appointment they were supposed to come and actually work on it. The technician came to my house, put a "sorry we missed you" sticker on my door and sped off. I heard his door shut and ran after him yelling, “where are you going?” He drove off. This is the worst service I have ever had. They now have me scheduled 3 more weeks out for him to come back if he does. This is ridiculous.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

After waiting 16 days for the repair man to even come out to assess the problem with my Samsung dryer, it took another 9 to actually order the part and come back to make the repair of a defective heating coil. When he left, the "repair" man left without bothering to hook the vent back up to vent the dryer outside. After turning on the dryer for 2 minutes, it started squealing and making a horrible racket. After calling A&E I have been told that I will have to wait an addition 3 weeks for them to come back out and fix their error. And they just don't care, they have enough vans and "repair" people out on the road, their attitude is that they will find the next gullible sap to spend their dime.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

A&E has been to my home on multiple occasions due to they are the only service people that Sears uses for Kenmore warranty work. I have used them for 2 broken appliances a dryer and a refrigerator. They have been to my house more than a dozen times and they have yet to fix anything. I have paid hundreds of dollars and I am left with broken appliances. Their techs are awful. Not only do they not know how to fix anything but they gouged my hardwood floors. I would not use.

A&E Factory Service Company Information

www.aefactoryservice.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use