1.1/5 (76 ratings)

About A&E Factory Service

A&E Factory Service Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about A&E Factory Service?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about A&E Factory Service?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Received call weeks later telling me they want money upfront. I told them I had a service contract. I was told I would have to pay upfront. They took so long to get back to me. They did not care to me it about getting money upfront for service call and you pay for parts also and it up to you to get your money back from your company that told you they would repair your item no charge to you. I would not want this company never to service anything for me. Never will I deal with this company again

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

Have made two appointments with this company. No call no show. Didn't even bother to call us. Called the hotline and they said it was reported we were not home both times. Don't even bother with this company.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Purchased a GE front load from Home Depot in 2020 and purchased the extended warranty. The washer began to leak and called to set up a service appointment, which was easy and employee I spoke with was polite. And this is where it went downhill...Scheduled for a day two weeks from the call, which I thought was not too bad. The night before the appointment, only got an email stating need to reschedule. I then set up another appointment via online and on the morning of that service appointment "window", it got cancelled AGAIN!!! Third time's the charm but with this company... I doubt it.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

First off our lawn mower broke down on June 4th, the guy came out one time, never listened to anything I had to say about what the lawn mower is doing, didn't get on it and ride it, even though I asked him to please listen to it while I drove it and then drive it for himself. Parts were ordered. They showed up on September 7th finally. This is the third time that we've had to have this lawn mower repaired in the 2 years that we have owned it. We have only put 97 hours on it and we own an acre and a half. It takes an hour and 45 minutes to mow it every time.

The first two times the technician did not want to listen or try to consider my concerns on the lawn mower. He also did the same thing this last time. We called and under the warranty that we purchased, and mind you we have over $4,000 in this lawn mower including the warranty, ask for a replacement or a check. Three different times now the repairman was supposed to come out and determine whether or not the lawn mower was fixable and all three times they were no call, no show because of this I missed 3 days of work and didn't get paid. I also had to pay a lawn maintenance company $400 to mow my lawn.

It is unbelievable how this company is even in business. I will never go to Sears and buy anything else ever again. They don't want to hold up their end of the warranty and I want everyone that reads this to know and understand they have had ample time and opportunity. I am writing this review as of September the 10th 2022. I am waiting for phone calls that they neglect to make and the repairman to show up and the only thing I'm getting from this company is my hard-earned money down the drain.

I even went into the Sears store where I purchased the lawn mower and was basically told I'll make some phone calls but there's nothing I can really do so meanwhile I'm sitting here with a lawn mower that sounds like it's about to blow up the deck and the blades rattle like crazy low gear in the lawn mower is hit and miss. I've already had it repaired twice and now they refuse to show up this third time so we can get the replacement approved. I chose this lawn mower based on the Kohler 7000 series 26 horsepower engine and the clear cut fabricated deck, I cannot believe that I spent over $4,000 between the lawn mower the warranty and oh by the way the Sears credit card that they got the interest on so they don't mind taking my money but they don't want to make any of this right all I keep getting when I call in is "oh please give us another chance".

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

Purchased a GE Dishwasher from Lowe's and bought 3 year extended warranty. Timer on Dishwasher failed. Called Lowe's Extended warranty and they scheduled A&E Factory Repair services to come out to repair it. A&E technician arrived, took pictures of dishwasher label and ordered the timer for the dishwasher. He proceeded to say their next available service date was one week out. We scheduled it. He said that the part would be shipped to our house and be here when he came back one week away. Fast Forward a bit. The part arrived. Came from GE APPLIANCES. But the box looked big. So I opened the box to check. The Part Number on the Label of the box, did not match the part number on the packing invoice. The part they shipped... was a large plastic bin for a Refrigerator. Not a timer.

I texted the Service Tech and he replied that he needed to talk to his supervisor to get the correct part reordered. This was on a Friday. Didn't hear anything back until today, the original service date. A&E called and said that there wasn't a technician available in the area and that we needed to reschedule service. I explained the whole situation. He looked up our service call and said that correct part had never been reordered. So he contacted the ordering department to reorder the correct part and they are supposed to call me. I said... "OK.... so do we go ahead and schedule a new service date for them to come out?" He said "NO.... we have to wait until I get the part in, to call and reschedule to appointment." Grrrr!!!! All while.... we have no use of our dishwasher!!!!

Here were the Failures:
    1. GE APPLIANCEPARTS shipped the wrong product. (Not A&E's fault.)
    2. A&E Service Tech failed to reorder correct part, knowing that it needed to be done.

3. A&E Scheduler failed to schedule new appointment, even with new part coming. (Delay.)

A&E Website states right on their webpage: "Service you can Count on!" Which is why I am writing this review. Next time.... I'll order the part and replace it myself using Youtube. Won't purchase any more Lowe's Extended Service Plans. Won't call on A&E to do any more repairs for my products.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

Just heard back for my ice maker debacle (trying to get someone to fix a broken ice maker that is under a 5 yr warranty). Bought at Lowe's, took out extended warranty. What a joke. Repair men did not fix the problem even after putting in a new part I waited three weeks to get (because of covid, the standard, I don't really want to do any work excuse). A&E Appliance Repair finally got back to me today to say..."Call Lowe's," (who had said, "Call warranty manufact.," who said, "Call A&E Appliance Repair.") NEVER BOTHER WITH WARRANTIES is the moral of this story and DO NOT BUY WHIRLPOOL.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

I submitted a claim to my home warranty contract and they told me to use A&E Factory Service from Sears. It took almost 2 months for them to finally come out only to look. They ordered a new part which took another month for them to come out and install it. The oven still did not work. So after $388.00 we had to buy a new stove. In the mean time the microwave display stopped working. It took almost two more months having ordered the wrong part twice. It’s been since March and still no display on my microwave.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

A&E Factory Service came to my home to diagnose my LG refrigerator for $99.00. After determining the compressor was at fault and covered under the LG warranty, they wanted $549.00 up front for labor before ordering the compressor. They could not provide a timeline for the arrival of the compressor. So I declined the repairs. Who charges labor upfront before a repair is made with a component that is covered under warranty. This company uses illegal tactics. Stay Away!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

The guy's name is Jess. He refused to give me his last name. He came over, broke the valve in the back of my refrigerator, said that it was already broke. Told me that the part would not arrive until the 15th of August. He never showed up. Nor did the part. This company should be banned from business and not allowed to practice their services with the public.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

If I could give a rating of less than zero I would. I was scheduled for repair service and given a time frame of 8 AM to 5 PM. I was provided a number to call for updates. And as the day progressed my time got moved further and further up until my last call which stated they would arrive between 3:45 and 5 PM. While I was still on that call a text message from them flashed at the top of my phone stating that my appointment was canceled. So I called the company and the young lady I spoke to advised me that because I had canceled the appointment there was nothing she could and she refused to believe that I had not canceled the appointment.

Thanks to technology of today I was not tied to my home because I knew that I could get updates however the problem is that I scheduled the appointment two weeks prior for a non-functioning range which was emitting the smell of gas. Therefore the range was disconnected and I was unable to use it. And after I spoke to her on the phone or actually while I was speaking to her another text message flashed across my phone saying that my appointment has been changed to another date two weeks out. When I explained that I had just received another text message she claimed that I had requested it and I let her know how do I request it when I’m on the phone with you now. She further explained that because the system said that I had canceled it I would have to call Lowe’s because there was nothing she could do.

At the present time representatives at Lowes are attempting to contact the district manager to see if they can do something for me on their end but as it stands now it will be a month almost since I initially scheduled the appointment. I called them to schedule it on July 21 and they couldn’t get to me until August 4 and then I switch that appointment to August 16 without my request and then because I was complaining to them They canceled that appointment. I will never purchase another extended warranty from A&E. This warranty company is not a worthy representative of services from Lowe’s.

A&E Factory Service Company Information