1.17/5
Based on 74 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

801 A&E Factory Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I don’t normally write reviews. Because of my experience I am compelled to try to prevent anyone else from giving any money to A & E Factory Service. On June 29th the technician arrived promptly at the scheduled time. My freezer was getting ice build-up on the bottom and then stopped cooling. Google diagnoses this as an ice blockage in the drain. Ironically so did the technician. He then graciously let me know that I could buy a home warranty to cover future repair costs, and I would save $50 today. It was only $69 a month. I declined. He then informed me that the repair cost would be $234.33, and it needed to be paid before any work could be done. Since this was going to fix my fridge, I gladly paid.

Alas the repair was unsuccessful. Even though I very specifically asked if the machine was good after the plug was cleared. I know he understood the question, I repeated it twice. Second visit. Same service tech arrived and bypassed my house. We are not city dwellers, and the address is clearly marked. He performed a very thorough diagnosis. Now I have a bad compressor and dryer. Fortunately the parts are still under warranty (the refrigerator is 4 years old). The parts arrived two days later, 5 days before my next scheduled appointment.

Third visit: $319.93! The same technician arrived to install the parts. SUCCESS!!! It began to cool and even made a tray of ice. The next day my wife found water on the floor where the ice melted and drained out of the dispenser. Called A&E again. The same technician returned and wrote “unfixable” on the back. He also added the assurance that LG would replace the refrigerator. July 23rd. I have now been without my refrigerator for a month.

I wish this ended here. After pursuing different options with LG and Lowe’s I found out that LG requires a second diagnosis before replacing anything. The LG technician removed the back of the refrigerator and said that the A&E technician ruined my appliance. Much to our surprise the dryer was also gone. I contacted A&E for a refund. They informed me that the case would be reviewed in a week and if it is decided that I am entitled to a refund, it will take 21 days to process.

Knowing that escalation usually works I contacted Sears customer service at the executive level and was informed that A&E is a third party provider. “There is nothing that we can do”. I will never contact A&E for anything ever again. Sears has also successfully described why they are closing so many locations. It has nothing to do with millennials, it has everything to do with customer service or in this case lack thereof.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Kenmore refrigerator stopped working 7/19/18. Called for repair-service, came 7/20, ordered 2 parts one a condenser. Condenser arrived - another service man came stated, “You need 4 more parts as the condenser is an LG, not Kenmore.” One part received of 4 and Sears service called 8/8/18. There are 2 parts that have not been found yet and it may take weeks to find, they might need to look in China, Japan, Europe. Sears has the option to replace the refrigerator under the Master Protection agreement if unable to find the parts or fix the refrigerator, as the refrigerator is 13 years old. Unknown when the parts will be found or if they will ever be found.

Sears contracted A & E Factory Repair Services to do the work from the beginning and I do not have any contact information with the servicing company to inquire about the status of the parts and Sears give me the run around giving me a phone number for A & E Factory Service Repair as 800-676-5788. When I called it the person answering the phone stated, "Sears service can I help you." Sears service and customer solutions unable to find out if parts are obtainable or made anymore. Just want a refrigerator that is functioning and fits in my kitchen so I can return to a normal life with my family and return to a healthy nutritional lifestyle, not take out since storage of perishables are not available.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Where do I begin? First off, all these negative reviews, based on experience, I truly believe to be 100% correct. I had to deal with A&E 2 times. My first time besides the canceled appointments where I waited for them to show up only to have them not come 3 different times. In-between that time. The first tech came and diagnosed my brand-new washing machine and determined a leaking gasket. He said he would order it and he rescheduled. The second tech that came never had the part and he told me he didn’t know about it even though it was on my first technician’s paperwork that we both had.

I received a phone call on the day the 3rd tech was coming to my house and I asked him if he had the part (Gasket). He told me he knew nothing about that. After numerous phone calls I had the gasket sent right to my house before the next tech came. When they no showed for the third actually 4th time because the 3rd tech never made it to my house, I called a local appliance repair who replaced the gasket and I disputed the charges on my credit card and won. So, my first experience 3 techs, one by phone who never made it to my house. 3 no show appointments which were rescheduled. 6 days of missing work and they never fixed my machine.

Fast forward to today. I called Sears for a warranty repair on my lawn tractor. A chill went up my spine when an A&E van pulled into my driveway. The technician ** was a really nice guy, he diagnosed my tractor, ordered me a part and scheduled a date for repair. A week before my scheduled appointment my part was at my doorstep. Ok so far so good. Maybe they changed. I waited the day of the appointment 8-5 and around noon time A&E called and said my technician got into an accident and could not make my appointment. My first thought was this is horrible, I asked if he was alright and they assured me it was a fender bender. This was on a Friday. They told me he would be there Monday. Being I just took off of work on Friday I couldn’t take off Monday. I asked if I can do another day,

They reluctantly scheduled me on a Saturday 2 weeks later. Within the next 4 hours I received phone calls and emails canceling my appointment date. 9 that’s right no BS. NINE different times. Furious I spoke with a supervisor, they could not give me a service date for over a month. I booked a date in September. Monday morning I’m at work and ** called me, he said he was on his way to my house. I was shocked. I explained to him what had happened. He said he would call me right back which he did. He asked me if I was available on Tuesday. At that point I was not saying no. He told me to ignore any emails or phone messages from the service dept. Of course, I got a few messages rescheduling me for dates that they couldn’t do before.

Tuesday Morning ** came and repaired my tractor. I mentioned the story about the accident and he didn’t have an accident and that was a “standard" excuse. I gave him a nice tip for the repair and coming back. Besides my tech who I will not mention so as not to get him reprimanded. Their scheduling department are a bunch of **. They will give you the standard “I understand your problem” answers, but they don’t care and they tend to cancel appointments the day of repair, so beware if you're taking off of work. Based on these reviews you can see I’m not the only one. In the future I will have to do research to see if A&E are the service techs for any product I’m buying.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Consumer beware! This company is the absolute worst to deal with, they have been to our home four times and our refrigerator is still not working. The whole deal has been a nightmare. On top of that we paid them and never got a receipt for our warranty. Their tech said he was unable to give us a receipt and that his Manager Ray would email us one in the morning. That was a week ago. I have called twice now and just get the runaround from this company. I wish I could give no stars for this company!

Original review: July 31, 2018

GE scheduled A&E to come out and fix my CRAP refrigerator, the 1st service tech to show up was ok, he said that he had to order parts and so forth and when the parts got here he come out and installed them. That did not fix the problem and GE again set up for A&E to return to check it out once more, Well the idiot that they sent out came out a week after the 1st service tech, He was rude and smelled and looked in the freezer and the refrigerator, messed with the controls, turned and looked at me and said, {how he spoke to me} "Ice maker has been in hot warehouse, then ice maker been in hot truck, it hot outside and ice maker need to cool down to work," I said to him even if that was the case it has been in place for well over a week. He never says what is wrong, what he is going to do and leaves, I call GE and since I raised so much hell they said they will switch out the refrigerator for a new one.

New one gets here July 12th. July 16th all of my food is frozen in the new refrigerator, Once again on the phone with crap GE and once again they send out A&E. Well I get the same idiot who said the ice maker needed to cool down! This time he tells me cool air flow. "Cool air flow you need to meat there," He left and Once again on the phone with crap GE. Still have not gotten a repair and I told them they better not send anyone else out here from A&E, A&E and GE are the worst companies I have ever dealt with, I have let them know I have no problem contacting that Attorney and it is not right that a consumer should have to go through this much to get a refrigerator repaired that is under factory warranty.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about A&E Factory Service?

Original review: July 31, 2018

We hired this company to come fix our Washing Machine on June 26th, 2018. They sent out Garrett. Garrett was rude from the minute he walked in. He opened the door and said that he could not read the model number, therefore could not help us. My wife informed him that there is a sticker on the back that has the information on it. He told her she did not know what she was talking about and that they would not put them there. She asked him to help her turn the machine so she could show him and he refused, only saying it’s a waste of time. They do not put them there. At that point my wife threw him out of our home. They expect a $89 payment for services. I would not hire a company that believes being rude, disrespectful and not doing their job deserves payment.

Original review: July 26, 2018

Issues with a new LG washer under factory warranty and with an extended warranty. LG set up an appointment with A&E Factory Service. They never once mentioned that there was a Diagnostic fee. The unprofessional and rude want to be repair guy came to the residence. Instead of testing the washer, he spent an hour schooling my spouse on how to use the washer and made feel like she was stupid. In the middle of his speech, he mentioned a Diagnostic fee of $94.00. He was quickly told that the washer under two warranties and that the bill will not be paid by us. He still left the bill on the counter. A month later, I received a bill from A&E Factory Service for $94.00 which could be paid in full or in three installments. Failure to pay would result the unpaid bill be sent to collection. LG was contacted to deal with them. A&E Factory Service is the worst company for repairs and services.

Original review: July 2, 2018

A&E Factory Service sent an untrained tech to perform a very simple repair on my brand new appliance. In short, he ruined the unit. After waiting over 4 months with repeated service calls and many new parts along with being treated extremely rudely by a tech named Randy. Randy yelled and screamed at me and when I asked him to wait for my husband to come and help him get the appliance out of the wall cabinet. He pointed his finger at me and YELLED "Lady, get out of this kitchen and go sit down over at that table!!!" I kept begging him to just stop and wait for my husband. He was bowing the whole front of the cabinet. When I asked him to stop because he was going to ruin the cabinet, he told me "I could make these cheap cabinets by the end of the day!" I have recently learned that this tech is not trained to fix microwaves. He is trained to fix lawn mowers.

Sears authorized a replacement valued at no more than $2000. Unfortunately, Electrolux no longer makes the unit we originally purchased, so we had to settle for one that has far less capability. The tech that ruined the unit also scratched my brand new kitchen cabinet. I filed a claim with Sears and it was denied because the TECH denied scratching it. Of course he did!! Why would he admit to doing this and risking his job? The cost to replace the cabinet front is over $500. I am stuck with a brand new cabinet that has a huge scratch on the upper left hand corner where the microwave would normally be.

The replacement unit arrived damaged. But, we didn't know it until it had been installed. We called and scheduled a tech to come and fix it. He (named Doug) determined that the door latch was broken, so parts were ordered. Doug made a note on the paperwork that he was the tech that needed to come back out and fix the appliance. Which brings me to today.

I just received a phone call from a tech. Guess what? It's the same tech that ruined the first microwave/convection oven!!! I told him that I would not allow him to touch this unit. I was told by him that "Doug" had noted that "Doug" should be the tech to make the repair, but someone overrode that and decided to send the same tech that caused this 6 month long problem to begin with. So, here I sit. First repair request was Jan. 28, 2018. Here we are on July 2, 2018 and I still don't have a working appliance. A&E sends untrained techs to fix appliances. This was proven when "Randy" was sent out. He is trained to fix lawn mowers. He is not trained to fix microwaves.

I have made repeated phone calls to A&E asking for help. My request has fallen on deaf ears. I have asked for the manager to call me. I am told that they do not make phone calls. I have spent over $2,000 on this appliance and it does not work. I called Electrolux to find out if they could help me. I was told they could not help me. So, here I sit a new microwave/convection oven that was shipped broken from the factory. Here I sit with a new appliance that is useless. And here I sit waiting for A&E to send a trained tech to fix it. I will no longer purchase from Sears. It used to be a great company to do business with. They stood behind their products and offered excellent customer service.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Their time frame is, "We'll be there between 8am-5pm." Good grief. I saw the bill. Water line diagnosis $345!?! They still a cup in the water dispenser and say... "Yep. No water..." That's their diagnosis!?! On day three... "Oh I don't have the parts with me." Then why did you come!?!? This wait time is ridiculous. Lowe's needs to reevaluate who they use to service appliances!

Original review: June 19, 2018

I received a bill for the repair of a Samsung Range. I had contact the company I have a protection plan with about repair of the range. A technician showed up to see what the problem was. Said they would get back to us. Never got back to us and so I made several phone calls and found out part was on back order. Then in April I received a bill for the repair. Tried to talk to someone in A&E about the bill. You cannot talk to anyone about bills. All they do is give you phone numbers and websites you can pay your bill.

I wrote a letter to A&E on May 15, 2018 about the bill. In the letter I told them I have a repair policy with Protection Plus that the bill should be sent. I also included in the letter that no one ever showed up to repair the range even thought they came to see what the problem was. So I have gone for over six months with one of the functions of the range not working. This past week I received another bill for the repair. A&E customer service stinks. There is no way to communicate with an individual and when you call and are able to get someone they are next to impossible to understand because their English speaking language is not good. I do not understand why I am billed for a service to start with and why they want to bill anyone for a service when they never do the repair.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I have a contract with A&E. The first repairman came out on June 7 and ordered parts. Now I am continually being rescheduled because not all the parts have arrived. This is not the first time this has happened. Earlier this year I spent a month without my washer for the same reason. Do not ever buy a contract with this company. Do not ever call them period. They will call you up and lie to you. Yesterday they called me and told me my part would be here in 5 to 7 day. Today they called me and told me they had no status on my part. Their job is not to repair your appliance. No one should ever use their service. If I could give them less than one star I would.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Refrigerator was never fixed. After waiting a month, they never even showed up. They called once, but never appeared, I waited in driveway for hours. Then just to get a call in to these guys you will have to talk to someone in Philippines, then they will tell you, "You have no contract." I have called 4 times, each time was over 1 hour, they tell me in broken English I have no account. After a hour of arguing they somehow find it. I do not drink but after dealing with these idiots, I had one. It's nothing more than a scam, a total ripoff, and it's a 3 year contract. To get up the courage to call these idiots again and be told I have no contract is more than I can bear, much less actually get something fixed, what a joke.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I bought a Samsung 55" TV from Sears on July 31, 2016. On May 20, 2018 it went blank. I contacted Sears online and was told that the earliest appointment was set for May 31... ELEVEN DAYS OUT. I complained. The person at the other end volunteered the 877 number the next day and to call and confirm and perhaps see if they could give me an earlier appointment. I called the next day only to find out that they had NO record of my transaction. I was told by phone that the next available date for service was June 7 (18 days out). I complained and told that person that I had the transcript of the Internet conversation. Next thing you know I was bumped up to May 31 but they could do no better. I was told that the service would be between the hours of 8 AM and 5 PM. I asked if they could narrow the window and they said "NO".

On the morning of my service I got a robocall at 7:27 AM stating that the technician was "On his way". I waited until 9:15 and called the 877 number stating that the auto message was too vague. The person told me (after I prodded) that he would be there between 9:15 and 10:15. Around 9:20 the technician arrived. He got out his meters and quickly diagnosed the problem. MY problem is that he did not have the parts (I just knew that this was going to happen) and he ordered them right then and there. He told me that they would arrive at my address. They did.

He gave me a second appointment for JUNE 21, 2018. I was speechless! He further went on to explain that they have only ONE technician serving ALL OF CENTRAL FLORIDA! He stated that they had a second person doing the same job but he has been out sick since January! HUH? So from the time that my TV went on the Fritz to the time that it will be tentatively fixed will be a total of 32 days. Ridiculous!! I will never buy another item from Sears, I will never insure a large purchase when A&E is the factory service, and I am closing my Sears credit card account.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I have a Sears Home Warranty. We had a fridge which over past 4 months would freeze too much - too cold. We call Sears [A&E Factory Service]. They made it worse- week 1 fridge died completely, week two second trip parts done, now 3 weeks later the tech is onsite and doesn't know a frog from a washer. HOW DO YOU FIND THEIR HQ TO BRING TO COURT???

Original review: June 5, 2018

Lowe's has always send Field's Factory Service, but this time, were sending A&E. Supposed to be here today between 8am-12pm to repair my refrigerator. I realized, by mid-morning, that unlike Field's, I had received no emails, phone calls, etc. confirming appt. I called Lowe's and they confirmed with A&E they were coming. At 12:30, I called Lowe's again (their customer service is the BEST) and they checked and said A&E had changed my appt. to 1:53p-3:53pm without telling anyone due to another service call that went way late. We agreed that A&E must be here by 2:30pm, and Lowe's let A&E know, as I have an appt. at 3pm (after sitting, waiting all day). Still nothing from A&E, no call, no email, and I starting reading these reviews. Just called Lowe's and cancelled, Field's will be here Friday. Not even on a bet should you use A&E.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I scheduled to have my GE refrigerator looked at through the Sears home services. I eagerly awaited the scheduled date for one month with no working refrigerator. I was told they would be there between 9:30 am and 11:45 am and would call before getting there so I could leave work to meet them at my house. It was 12:30 and I called Sears and got some overseas call center. I could barely understand them. I explained the situation and they checked on the situation. They came back online and explained that the repairmen had went to house at 9:30 am. They had not called me so that I could meet them. They said they would contact A&E and call me back in one hour.

One and half hour later I called the call center again and this time they said they would have A&E contact me today. I arrived at home at 5:45pm to find a yellow stick it note on my front door with no contact info other than a 1-800 number on the bottom of note. I called that number and explained how I was told that I would be called so that I could leave work and meet repairmen. I explained that I had waited one month for the appointment. There was no apology or sense of urgency to fix my problem. They could give me another appointment a month later. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement!! I'll buy another refrigerator before I call them again.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Please do not use A&E Factory Service for anything... you will regret it if you do. I have to say the tech who came and looked at my GE washer (that was still under warranty) was at my residence when supposed to be on March 3, 2018... to make longer story shorter, I have received two bills for the repair service now, have left several voicemails on the numbers on the bill, been in contact via email trying to pay this bill so that GE can reimburse me, and have yet to be able to pay this bill that I shouldn't nhave to pay since it's under warranty and now they want to turn me into collections.

I've tried multiple times to pay this bill whether talking to a foreigner in the customer solutions Dept trying to pay this bill (they are the only ones I have actually talked to) but still can't seem to get this resolved. Tried paying online at aefactoryservice.com. Put in the payment ID on my bill and says no match found. I don't think anyone works in the billing Dept because I have left several voicemails and haven't got a callback. To avoid a headache and hassle do not purchase anything that has A&E Factory Service do the repairs.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I called GE about my less than a year old electric stove and the company A&E was the first available. I knew nothing about them. I took the day off work because the appointment was scheduled anywhere from 12-5. When the guy arrived I had him come in through the garage since I'm in a town home. He puts his computer down, bypasses the stove and starts walking around my living room, standing and looking out my front door asking me questions about my house. I was super uncomfortable. I've worked with a lot of contractors and none of them creeped me out... this guy did, a lot. I grabbed my phone just in case I needed to make a call quickly. I thought, he's from a different country so maybe it's his way of making small talk. Either way it was very unprofessional.

He fiddled with the stove and diagnosed quickly. He set up a time 2 weeks from that original appointment and said the parts would ship to my house. Two weeks went by, no parts arrived and I had already taken the day off from work. I call their "customer service" lady who reads from a script. She tells me that the parts are on back order and to call and set up an appointment when I get the parts. No tracking number. No information. No one EVER mentioned that I needed to call in until I made a call to them. Extremely frustrating. I tell her I already took the day off expecting that 2 weeks was plenty of time for a very common part to be shipped plus the tech set up the next appointment. There are no apologies. Just reading from script. I told her to cancel the order completely.

I'm a patient, logical person but I had hit my limit. Two vacation days wasted and I wasn't about to waste a third, possibly a fourth. I called GE to tell them my situation. GE called A&E to make sure they cancelled the order. They are setting me up with another company that will be local. I plan on looking them up online as I book the appointment to see reviews. Had I researched A&E while on the phone I would have chosen another company. The reviews are spot on if you ask me, reads like a reality show from H*LL.

Luckily I am able to deal with a different company and still be covered under warranty but I feel for those who don't have a choice. I do have to wait 30 days from my first service call to get another company out here but I refuse to deal with A&E. If this is your only option I would ditch your warranty and pay for the fix yourself. From the reviews, it sounds like once you actually let them work on your appliances they mess them up further. No thanks.

Original review: May 9, 2018

After being given an 8-5 window the technician showed up at 3:30 pm. He immediately knew what the problem was so he ordered parts and said the next available service appointment was 7 days out. The parts were delivered on the 6th day. I stayed home from work on the 7th day and finally called at 5 pm to ask where the technician was. I was then told by the 800 number operator that I should have called them as soon as the parts were delivered so that they could confirm my appointment. It was then that I found out that the next appointment was available in 6 additional days. I was told that service windows could not be narrowed down to 4 hours instead of 8 hours. I have taken two full days off of work and still have at least another day to take off next week. There is absolutely no communication with anybody until they show up. This request was placed through American Home Shield, so I don't have an order number or a receipt.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Please understand I'm a nice person and this was important enough to me to go create a Consumer Affairs account to warn other people. Using A & E is NOT easy, you will rarely talk to someone who is not in an overseas call center, you will need to take off work a couple of times at least because they give you an 8 am-5 pm 'window' (all day) and most of the time just do a diagnostic and have to order parts and do it all again.

My Experience: 1 day off work (to initially meet the tech I had to schedule 2 weeks in advance to have someone look at my fridge. He needed to order parts. 2nd day off work taken - I called Sears/A&E the night before because I had not heard from them "oh, that appointment has been canceled because we didn't get all the parts." no email, no voicemail, NO ONE told me it was canceled. 3rd day off work taken - I called and said, "PLEASE CALL ME at either of my 2 numbers when you are on your way/here so I can meet you." I'm only 2 min away.

No one called, no one text, no one emailed... I get a note on my door saying "sorry we missed you. Call and reschedule again." Now I'm taking a FOURTH day off work because of their 8 am-5 pm window and the fridge is STILL not fixed. You will soon find this company has a HORRIBLE business model and way of doing things. It's robocalls and overseas call centers. I should've just called a local company to come out asap, one that has common sense.

Original review: May 1, 2018

Let me join the chorus of those who have had an awful experience with this company. They were assigned to me by Sears (corporate office, please take note, as this is the LAST company you should hire on your behalf). Although Sears had been paid to install my refrigerator door that was damaged in a move, these jokers demanded additional payment to do the job.

Add to that the following: (1) technician was rude and abusive when calling to say when he was scheduled to arrive; (2) technician agreed to speak with his manager and report back to me with a rescheduled time, but instead cancelled the service call; (3) company lied to Sears by saying the technician had attempted to do the install and I wasn't home -- not only was I, but his manager subsequently informed me that the tech had never bothered to come to my place but simply cancelled the work order. Had I the opportunity to review all these horrid reviews, I would never even consider letting these guys on my premises. Shady, arrogant, rude, deceitful... Yup, that pretty much sums up this company. Avoid them at all costs.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Lowe's sent a service request 4/20/18 for a water heater repair, received date of 5/4/18, pm time slot. I called today to confirm the time slot because I was scheduled to work. I spoke to Chris, who informed me they did not have my information. However, Chris was able to confirm my name, and address. He kept asking for my cell phone number and after telling him three times I did not use my cell phone, he told me he could not help me. I called Lowe's and received assistance from their Service Advantage department. They contacted A&E, I was given a date of 5/9/18. Lowe's asked to speak to a supervisor and we held for over 10 minutes and was disconnected. In looking at all the negative comments, Lowe's should cancel their contract with A&E. This is my new mission.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Awful, awful services. Do not use!!! Did not fix the dryer problem on the first visit. Had to return a week later and we then needed to order a part they did not have in stock. The part arrives a week later, called to schedule the appointment and they did not show up. I missed a day of work. Here waiting again on day 2, missing another day of work and they have again not shown up. Tried calling customer service but's it's in the Philippines and they read from script. When asked to speak with a manager or someone in the States they put you on hold and do not return to the call. Sooo bad.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Sounds like a bait-and-switch routine - A&E estimate provided in advance for a service call was $89, reasonable enough. Before technician came out, he called to "verify" that service call rate was $249. The only reason that comes to mind as to why the technician would call to verify the rate is that this has been a big problem in the past. I wonder if this is a standard procedure for A&E? Needless to say, I cancelled the service call.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Ridiculous customer service in setting up an appointment! 3 weeks ago we got a call stating we would have a technician at our house the next day between 8 am and noon. We hadn't set up an appointment or contacted the company. Upon calling, I found out it was a service call set up by Frigidaire about a drawer on our new fridge not opening. However, because no one had contacted us about days that worked beforehand, and the next day would be impossible for us to have someone home, we rescheduled it for today. I was told I'd get a confirmation email, which I never did. Got a confirmation call yesterday afternoon, which was good. Same time frame, though. Figured we'd get a call when they were on their way, which we did this morning.

However, it was automated, and just said they were heading that way, with no time frame. So I called the 800 number again, and asked if it was 10 minutes, an hour, or what. They said the techs usually call 30 minutes before arriving. Ok. Call was at 8:27. As of 9:03 they hadn't arrived. It's not like we live in a city with a lot of traffic that could have slowed them down. We live in a rural farming community. So my husband called the 800 number again, and was told that they showed anywhere between 9:17 and 10:17. He told the CSR that since he needs to be at work, and he works 2 minutes from our house, either dispatch or the tech could call when they got there and he would be right there. Fortunately, just as he was starting to give his phone number, the tech showed up. The TECH was FANTASTIC -- helpful, friendly, and got the right parts ordered for us, and is the only reason we're giving 2 stars instead of 1.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I called LG with complaints about one of their HE washing machines (LG WT5001CW Direct Drive Washer) in February 2018. They sent out A & E techs who stated they needed to order replacement parts. Parts came a week later, tech came back and says he didn't order the complete list... Sorry. Tech ordered more parts and made appointment two weeks out. The day before service, A & E calls and says all parts didn't arrive and that we'll have to reschedule service one more week.

Meanwhile I rented a machine from Rent-A-Center which was cheaper that going to the laundromat. Tech finally repairs machine, replaced clutch, rotor and stator and said all is well, enjoy your completely rebuilt machine. Sent the rented machine back, plugged in the LG and voila, the machine went off-balance, banged around and shredded the top of the drum. Called A & E back, new tech came out and said previous repairs were done incorrectly and ordered additional parts. Parts never came and service needed to be rescheduled. It's now April 24, 2018 and I have an appointment for next week. Techs are incompetent, unskilled, smug and lazy. Phone operators cannot speck proper English and are indifferent to your concerns. Make sure you ask the store (SEARS) who will be servicing the product be buying.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I wish I hadn't given the techs a good review. I feel duped. They came out for the diagnostic, told me the dryer needed a special part because it's older and would need to be ordered. I asked if I could speak with my husband about it and they told me no problem. Just call the repair line and they'd order the part and set up the install. When I went to do that, I was put in touch with foreign operators I could barely understand who told me they couldn't order the part. Only the service repair person can order the part, and since the account had been "closed" I would have to have them come out again for ANOTHER diagnostic (which would ONLY be 50% the cost of the $89 they already charged me) JUST TO ORDER THE PART!

I was already two weeks without a dryer waiting for the first appointment. Another two weeks for them to come here again and order the part and two weeks waiting for it to arrive and then another two weeks for them to finally get out here means I'm getting another dryer and IT WON'T BE SEARS. What a bunch of crooks!

Original review: April 23, 2018

A&E service is HORRIBLE... The first service was asked for November 27, 2017. The Whirlpool dryer was making a terrible sound. Guy comes out, greases the wheels on the drum and leaves. Called out again Jan 20, 2018 since the sound is getting louder. The second guy comes out and says, "You can't grease those wheels because they're greaseless." He orders new wheels and says it’s also not heating so he orders a fuse. Third guy comes out and says it’s the wrong fuse but won't replace the wheels because he says he's not going to do half a job, leaves and parks down the street and takes a nap. Fourth guy comes out and puts the right fuse in but says, "It’s useless putting the wheels in because you should also replace the shafts the wheels come on." Now we have the wheels and the shafts and waiting for the next appointment. It’s April 22, 2018... 5 months now.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Had a appointment set out for 2 weeks through Lowe's. I called and confirmed appointment 8-10 with this company A&E Factory Service. 9:45 shows up. I am calling the 800 number. Lady informs me I was not home!!! Waited 2 weeks and service tech lies that he came out. Worst company I have ever had to deal with. Now I am 2 more weeks out of my brand new washer being repaired. Do not use these people. Dishonest.

Original review: April 17, 2018

A&E are hired out by Sears. Sears has always had a bad reputation for cheating customers. A&E tech are lazy, 99 percent **, quick to brag. Operators are foreigners. When you ask for a specific tech with their number they tell you no guarantees, 2 weeks I have called for a certain tech because he is the only one who is thorough. The rest turn on the machines, that is the extent of their work and leave. It a constant fight for the tech. Remember you pay your money. It's your choice not theirs. April 2018, Northern, Ca.

A&E Factory Service Company Information

www.aefactoryservice.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business