1.09/5

816 A&E Factory Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

My new Samsung fridge went out. It took 8 days for them to have a appointment for me. After being given the window of 8 am to 5 pm the tech finally showed up at 6:30 pm. I had called the 800 number several times and was told each time I was next on the list and they would have the tech call me, which never happened. The parts were ordered and I was told this might not fix the problem because he could not troubleshoot any farther. The appointment I was given to have the parts put in is 2 (two) weeks out. Waiting 3 (three) weeks to have a fridge repaired is outrageous. If this was not covered with a warranty I would have told them to pack sand a long time ago. I also learned they are the only ones in our area that can work on Samsung products so I will never buy that brand again.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I was directed to A&E through the warranty department of GE. My new refrigerator, a GE Cafe, stopped cooling after only five months of use. Lowe's won't assist as I didn't buy the extended warranty. Have spent 5+ hours on hold and going back and forth between GE saying GE had the parts to repair it and A&E saying they couldn't get the parts, they were on backorder. Every time I called A&E, directed to a call center in the Philippines, I got a different story. Initially, the A&E Warranty Technician said the refrigerator would be repaired in two weeks and the parts were in stock with their warehouse. Going on four weeks, still no refrigerator, no parts, no estimated date. And no accountability from either corporation. No tracking number for the order they supposedly placed. Would give a 0, but the optimist in me holds out that any day the parts and technician will show up. Then who knows? Will they be able to repair the refrigerator?! To be continued.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Our LG freezer stopped working mid-September 2018... Repairman came out and said he "fixed" the problem and to give it 24-28 hours to get back to normal. We waited. No change. Call back to reschedule another repairman to come out... The person I talked to said the appointment was scheduled and then they never showed up. Called back again... Same thing happened again, the repairman didn't show up. Had my husband call. Finally got an email confirmation of the appointment.

A&E called the morning of the appointment to tell us the appointment had to be canceled because the repairman called in sick. Really? You don't have back up people for these situations? We're going on a month now with no freezer. All the food we had in there is spoiled and useless. A&E Factory Service doesn't seem to care either... If anyone ever buys a new appliance and this is the warranty company you have to deal with... Run for the door! Do not go through this hassle.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

September 5: A&E technician came to diagnose repairs needed to a kitchen range and set up a return appointment on October 1 to make repair. Just before that date, A&E dispatcher called to say he had no technician available and rescheduled for October 10. On October 3, I began receiving automated calls from A&E asking me to call their 800 number to schedule a service visit. After the second day of those automated, computer-voice calls, I did call and was told that no appointment was showing up for me on October 10 and that no technician was available on that date. A new appointment was made for October 17. However, a technician did come on October 10 and made the repair. I called A&E to cancel the October 17 appointment only to be told that there was no appointment for October 17.

Meanwhile, the first technician (back in September) charged us $97.95 as a separate item in addition to half the estimated total repair cost. When repairs were actually made on October 10, we paid the remaining half of the total estimated cost. No one at A&E whom I can reach by phone can explain what the "extra" $97.95 was for! Throughout this multi-month ordeal, telephone connections with every A&E number were poor, and understanding several different heavily accented A&E operators was a challenge. Oh yes, the actual repair went fine and I have no complaint about the technician who made it (a different person from the first one back in September), but A&E's ongoing confusion over scheduled service visits and inability to explain an "extra" $97.95 charge lead me to conclude that the company is best avoided!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I can’t even give these guys a one star! My fridge broke down early September! Immediately I was told that I should’ve never have bought an LG was the first thing out of most people’s mouths! When they came to look at my fridge they diagnosed that the compressor was bad. Then I realize that LG had a class action lawsuit against them for sending out bad compressors in all the refrigerators and knowing about it. Once I made the appointment they showed up on September 20 and diagnosed the problem and charged me $280! My appointment was scheduled for October 10, 2018. I get a phone call telling me that they are going to be here on that day the night before!

Like everyone else I call into work so I would be here because they don’t work late in the afternoon! Now granted I called them three times on October 9, 2018 to make sure that the appointment was in fact for October 10, 2018! Every time I was told yes it was yes it was yes it was!!! I wake up I call again to make sure that my appointment is confirmed for today and put on hold for 10 minutes. They come back saying that the appointment had been canceled because the dude that was supposed to be here called in sick!

How is this my fault. How is it that Sears doesn’t have enough people working for them that they can’t have a guy call in sick and then have somebody else cover for them or take their appointments. It’s a pretty sad deal when a company as big as Sears can’t get ** straight! I was on the phone with them for an hour and 15 minutes. About 30 minutes into the phone call I asked for a refund for the repair service that they charged me the day they come out here and diagnosed it! It took them 45 minutes from that point to even give me a case number in regards to the refund!

Now I have to wait three more days to hear from somebody in order to get the refund processed and I’m not even sure if I’ll ever even see that money again! This is the saddest, poorest company I have ever had to do business with! I am disgusted at the way they had no concern for me at all. No concern whatsoever that I had taken off work. Interrupted my whole day to sit here and wait for somebody that would never show! I hear they’re going out of business and I hope this is the case because if they don’t they are just robbing people of time and money! Sears itself as a store could not stay open and sell products! I get it and now I know why! I will never ever have anything to do with anything that has the Sears name attached to it! I have no idea how they have lasted this long and I really hope that you're reading this before you call them!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about A&E Factory Service?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I bought a Sears Kenmore refrigerator in Sept. 2013. It stopped working in July 2018 (less than 5 years old). A&E Factory Service sent a technician 3 times to my house to repair it. On the 3rd try he declared that the refrigerator was UNREPAIRABLE and I would be hearing from Sears as to how to get the warranty replacement. Now after 2 months of phone calls, e-mails, letters etc. I have been told by Sears that they cannot honor the warranty since THE A&E TECHNICIAN DID NOT FILE THE CORRECT PAPERWORK. SEARS requires you use these people for warranty repair work - BUT now their incompetence has become my $2500 problem. DO NOT BUY ANY PRODUCT where these people do the warranty repair.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I wish I read all these reviews before buying my fridge. So apparently the cooling has stopped in my fridge which I suppose to be an urgent issue. I called Lowe's and was directed to A&E service repair. These people scheduled me for 10/2/2018 from 2-5pm. Me and my husband are working so he stayed home for this serviceman and these people didn't show up. Even I left early for home as my husband had some urgent work. At 4.45pm, I started calling A&E service and somehow couldn't get through them (the message on the other end - due to unavoidable circumstances, they had to close the office). I called Lowe's and even they could not get through A&E. I was on hold with Lowe's for 2 hours and so I hung up. At 7.30 pm the serviceman called me and said that it's late and so he will come the next day between 10-2 pm.

Next day morning A&E people called me and said they have re-scheduled me for 17th October, without consulting me. I am so pissed off with A&E. I called Lowe's next day and they somehow got me re-schedule for 11th oct. I don't know what to do, I'm stuck, I don't have fridge have two little kids. These people should be out of market. They CANNOT operate like this. I'm still waiting. I will never ever use Lowe's till they have A&E as they service people and will never recommend them at all.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Never Ever call this company for service, if you need service, because you're most like not going to get it. On 9/14/18 I called Frigidaire, since my dishwasher is 6 month old and not cleaning my dishes. They said they'd have A&E come to repair it and that A&E would call me within 24 hours to set up an appointment. I never got a phone call. Since that was on a Friday, I figured they'd call Monday or Tuesday. They never called, and I had no phone number for A&E to call them. So, I called Frigidaire. They told me I was scheduled for Wed. (the 26th) and that A&E would call me the night before. (So A&E had 10 days to call me to say when they were coming, but they never). Tues night I did get a message, on answering machine, they would be here between 8-12 on Wed.

Approximately 11:00 Wed, the technician called saying he'd be here in 20-25 min. At 2:45 I called Frigidaire to see if they could find out where he was. They gave me A&E's phone number. I called them, and the woman said she'd check into it, to please hold. She came back on the line to say he got hung up on the call before me, (that did not make since to me since he had just told me 25 min.) but that he would still be coming. Well he never showed. I figured the next day he would call, but he never. So Friday AM my husband found a note on the breezeway door saying the 26th and, "Sorry we missed you." Well I have a front door. He had to go around an engine hoist to get to the breezeway door, so why not just step up onto the porch and go to the front door?.

I called the number on note, got a machine saying if appliance under 1 year old to call Frigidaire. So I did call Frigidaire and got rescheduled with another company. Still being upset with A&E, I called A&E back but this time I pushed a number saying it was over a year old so I could talk to someone at A&E to tell them how unhappy I was with their company. This woman said she had no info about my service call since the ticket had been closed out by the technician. I asked do they have preset things to say when this happens (technician no show) because there was no way that previous lady would have told me the technician got hung up on previous call had she actually spoken with him. I was assured that was not the case. By hers and the previous lady's accent I asked if they were in the US. Guess what, she was in the Philippines! So how do you ever speak to someone in the office?.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

We had a service repair appointment today from 1-5 pm. The technician called and said they would be late and there between 6:00-6:30 pm. We called at 6:35 and they said, "Oh I had other calls I had to take" and so he did those. Couldn’t explain why they were going to be late and didn’t call. Very rude and hung up saying, "I will be there at 7:30 pm." Here it is 8:00 on a school night where I have to get kids fed and to bed and he still hasn’t showed up! Called A&E Factory Service and all they can say is he probably got tied up. Worst service ever and will call Better Business Bureau about this. It not a credible device and they can’t be counted on. They tell you to make sure someone is home during this time so I took the day off from work and they didn’t have the decency to show up!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

We are trying to get our washer fixed for a month now. First the repair person did not have the part and it needed to be ordered. Two weeks later it came with a broken edge. Meanwhile we had to reschedule our appointment again. We scheduled an appointment and we received it a week and a half later on Tuesday afternoon. However we also checked with Lowe's (the repair is due to extended warranty through Lowe's) and were told that the appointment is really scheduled for Wednesday morning. I took time off work to make sure I can be there, and now (Tuesday) we are notified that the appointment will be on Wednesday afternoon, or a week later. A&E Factory Service is extremely unprofessional. Lowe's is irresponsible for hiring A&E. I will never get the extended warranty from Lowe's again. I am not sure I will get any appliance from Lowe's on any occasion.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I have been scheduled and rescheduled with these folks since August 21st first appointment and still do not have my fridge repaired!!! Two different technicians were sent at different times with different recommendations. Appointments were canceled, but not until I called to ask when the tech would arrive since he did not arrive on time. I was told he was on his way, but by 8:30 PM, I figured he wouldn't be here. Calling the next day, I was told it would be 2 weeks before I could get an appointment.

Today, the tech was supposed to be here by noon. When he didn't show, I called to find he called in sick and wouldn't be out today, but they can reschedule for OCT. 4th... Why, he won't show then, either, according to my experience. They also charged me $144.00 for a part that I find today is covered under warranty by LG who made my fridge. DON'T EVER EVER EVER USE THESE PEOPLE!!! THEIR CALL CENTER IS IN THE PHILIPPINES OR DOMINICAN REPUBLIC. Some of the call center people speak a little English, but just barely. A one star rating is too high. Should be ---5 stars!!!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Have had multiple appointments set. Came out and fixed the dishwasher. The next day it broke down again. Had to wait another two weeks for someone to come out, they came out and I had to order parts which took another two weeks. Have scheduled three appointments now. Two no-shows and my final appointment got shifted another three days because they decided they weren’t available for a technician today on my schedule appointment. Absolutely terrible customer service. Terrible company.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I set up an appt date and time on 08/31/18 for 09/04/18 between 1-5 pm to come fix and ac unit. They never showed up. Found out they contract out work. They are a 3rd party call center and have to another company yet they refuse to give you the information of the company coming to your house. Then I have an appt for 09/07/18 for dishwasher. They said I would receive an email with the 2 hour window time. LIES!! I had to call to get the two hour window and then they didn't show. So I called back and was told they would reach out to me and then spoke with a supervisor (what a joke) that said my time was 8-5. I have about had it with this company. This is the worst customer service ever!!! Please don't use this company. Please go elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Bought service contract to repair fridge in 11/2017. 4 service orders, 7+ service calls, needed parts arrive, new call set for 8/30/18. Confirm call on 8/29. Re-scheduled 8/30 for 9/7. NIGHTMARE! Constant runaround on phone. No one can help - just re-schedule.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I went online and made a appointment. The only availability was 1 to 5 PM on a Thursday. I came home from work and waited at 5:05 PM. I called the company and their response was the technician was running late on the prior call and that he would call me with a ETA. I never received a call from the technician. I subsequently called the company every half hour between 5:00 PM and 8:30 PM. Always being promised he is on his way. At 8:30 the phone message was the office is closed. I missed a half a day at work and had to cancel a business dinner. One star is one too many.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I don’t normally write reviews. Because of my experience I am compelled to try to prevent anyone else from giving any money to A & E Factory Service. On June 29th the technician arrived promptly at the scheduled time. My freezer was getting ice build-up on the bottom and then stopped cooling. Google diagnoses this as an ice blockage in the drain. Ironically so did the technician. He then graciously let me know that I could buy a home warranty to cover future repair costs, and I would save $50 today. It was only $69 a month. I declined. He then informed me that the repair cost would be $234.33, and it needed to be paid before any work could be done. Since this was going to fix my fridge, I gladly paid.

Alas the repair was unsuccessful. Even though I very specifically asked if the machine was good after the plug was cleared. I know he understood the question, I repeated it twice. Second visit. Same service tech arrived and bypassed my house. We are not city dwellers, and the address is clearly marked. He performed a very thorough diagnosis. Now I have a bad compressor and dryer. Fortunately the parts are still under warranty (the refrigerator is 4 years old). The parts arrived two days later, 5 days before my next scheduled appointment.

Third visit: $319.93! The same technician arrived to install the parts. SUCCESS!!! It began to cool and even made a tray of ice. The next day my wife found water on the floor where the ice melted and drained out of the dispenser. Called A&E again. The same technician returned and wrote “unfixable” on the back. He also added the assurance that LG would replace the refrigerator. July 23rd. I have now been without my refrigerator for a month.

I wish this ended here. After pursuing different options with LG and Lowe’s I found out that LG requires a second diagnosis before replacing anything. The LG technician removed the back of the refrigerator and said that the A&E technician ruined my appliance. Much to our surprise the dryer was also gone. I contacted A&E for a refund. They informed me that the case would be reviewed in a week and if it is decided that I am entitled to a refund, it will take 21 days to process.

Knowing that escalation usually works I contacted Sears customer service at the executive level and was informed that A&E is a third party provider. “There is nothing that we can do”. I will never contact A&E for anything ever again. Sears has also successfully described why they are closing so many locations. It has nothing to do with millennials, it has everything to do with customer service or in this case lack thereof.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Kenmore refrigerator stopped working 7/19/18. Called for repair-service, came 7/20, ordered 2 parts one a condenser. Condenser arrived - another service man came stated, “You need 4 more parts as the condenser is an LG, not Kenmore.” One part received of 4 and Sears service called 8/8/18. There are 2 parts that have not been found yet and it may take weeks to find, they might need to look in China, Japan, Europe. Sears has the option to replace the refrigerator under the Master Protection agreement if unable to find the parts or fix the refrigerator, as the refrigerator is 13 years old. Unknown when the parts will be found or if they will ever be found.

Sears contracted A & E Factory Repair Services to do the work from the beginning and I do not have any contact information with the servicing company to inquire about the status of the parts and Sears give me the run around giving me a phone number for A & E Factory Service Repair as 800-676-5788. When I called it the person answering the phone stated, "Sears service can I help you." Sears service and customer solutions unable to find out if parts are obtainable or made anymore. Just want a refrigerator that is functioning and fits in my kitchen so I can return to a normal life with my family and return to a healthy nutritional lifestyle, not take out since storage of perishables are not available.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Where do I begin? First off, all these negative reviews, based on experience, I truly believe to be 100% correct. I had to deal with A&E 2 times. My first time besides the canceled appointments where I waited for them to show up only to have them not come 3 different times. In-between that time. The first tech came and diagnosed my brand-new washing machine and determined a leaking gasket. He said he would order it and he rescheduled. The second tech that came never had the part and he told me he didn’t know about it even though it was on my first technician’s paperwork that we both had.

I received a phone call on the day the 3rd tech was coming to my house and I asked him if he had the part (Gasket). He told me he knew nothing about that. After numerous phone calls I had the gasket sent right to my house before the next tech came. When they no showed for the third actually 4th time because the 3rd tech never made it to my house, I called a local appliance repair who replaced the gasket and I disputed the charges on my credit card and won. So, my first experience 3 techs, one by phone who never made it to my house. 3 no show appointments which were rescheduled. 6 days of missing work and they never fixed my machine.

Fast forward to today. I called Sears for a warranty repair on my lawn tractor. A chill went up my spine when an A&E van pulled into my driveway. The technician ** was a really nice guy, he diagnosed my tractor, ordered me a part and scheduled a date for repair. A week before my scheduled appointment my part was at my doorstep. Ok so far so good. Maybe they changed. I waited the day of the appointment 8-5 and around noon time A&E called and said my technician got into an accident and could not make my appointment. My first thought was this is horrible, I asked if he was alright and they assured me it was a fender bender. This was on a Friday. They told me he would be there Monday. Being I just took off of work on Friday I couldn’t take off Monday. I asked if I can do another day,

They reluctantly scheduled me on a Saturday 2 weeks later. Within the next 4 hours I received phone calls and emails canceling my appointment date. 9 that’s right no BS. NINE different times. Furious I spoke with a supervisor, they could not give me a service date for over a month. I booked a date in September. Monday morning I’m at work and ** called me, he said he was on his way to my house. I was shocked. I explained to him what had happened. He said he would call me right back which he did. He asked me if I was available on Tuesday. At that point I was not saying no. He told me to ignore any emails or phone messages from the service dept. Of course, I got a few messages rescheduling me for dates that they couldn’t do before.

Tuesday Morning ** came and repaired my tractor. I mentioned the story about the accident and he didn’t have an accident and that was a “standard" excuse. I gave him a nice tip for the repair and coming back. Besides my tech who I will not mention so as not to get him reprimanded. Their scheduling department are a bunch of **. They will give you the standard “I understand your problem” answers, but they don’t care and they tend to cancel appointments the day of repair, so beware if you're taking off of work. Based on these reviews you can see I’m not the only one. In the future I will have to do research to see if A&E are the service techs for any product I’m buying.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Consumer beware! This company is the absolute worst to deal with, they have been to our home four times and our refrigerator is still not working. The whole deal has been a nightmare. On top of that we paid them and never got a receipt for our warranty. Their tech said he was unable to give us a receipt and that his Manager Ray would email us one in the morning. That was a week ago. I have called twice now and just get the runaround from this company. I wish I could give no stars for this company!

Original review: July 31, 2018

GE scheduled A&E to come out and fix my CRAP refrigerator, the 1st service tech to show up was ok, he said that he had to order parts and so forth and when the parts got here he come out and installed them. That did not fix the problem and GE again set up for A&E to return to check it out once more, Well the idiot that they sent out came out a week after the 1st service tech, He was rude and smelled and looked in the freezer and the refrigerator, messed with the controls, turned and looked at me and said, {how he spoke to me} "Ice maker has been in hot warehouse, then ice maker been in hot truck, it hot outside and ice maker need to cool down to work," I said to him even if that was the case it has been in place for well over a week. He never says what is wrong, what he is going to do and leaves, I call GE and since I raised so much hell they said they will switch out the refrigerator for a new one.

New one gets here July 12th. July 16th all of my food is frozen in the new refrigerator, Once again on the phone with crap GE and once again they send out A&E. Well I get the same idiot who said the ice maker needed to cool down! This time he tells me cool air flow. "Cool air flow you need to meat there," He left and Once again on the phone with crap GE. Still have not gotten a repair and I told them they better not send anyone else out here from A&E, A&E and GE are the worst companies I have ever dealt with, I have let them know I have no problem contacting that Attorney and it is not right that a consumer should have to go through this much to get a refrigerator repaired that is under factory warranty.

Original review: July 31, 2018

We hired this company to come fix our Washing Machine on June 26th, 2018. They sent out Garrett. Garrett was rude from the minute he walked in. He opened the door and said that he could not read the model number, therefore could not help us. My wife informed him that there is a sticker on the back that has the information on it. He told her she did not know what she was talking about and that they would not put them there. She asked him to help her turn the machine so she could show him and he refused, only saying it’s a waste of time. They do not put them there. At that point my wife threw him out of our home. They expect a $89 payment for services. I would not hire a company that believes being rude, disrespectful and not doing their job deserves payment.

Original review: July 26, 2018

Issues with a new LG washer under factory warranty and with an extended warranty. LG set up an appointment with A&E Factory Service. They never once mentioned that there was a Diagnostic fee. The unprofessional and rude want to be repair guy came to the residence. Instead of testing the washer, he spent an hour schooling my spouse on how to use the washer and made feel like she was stupid. In the middle of his speech, he mentioned a Diagnostic fee of $94.00. He was quickly told that the washer under two warranties and that the bill will not be paid by us. He still left the bill on the counter. A month later, I received a bill from A&E Factory Service for $94.00 which could be paid in full or in three installments. Failure to pay would result the unpaid bill be sent to collection. LG was contacted to deal with them. A&E Factory Service is the worst company for repairs and services.

Original review: July 2, 2018

A&E Factory Service sent an untrained tech to perform a very simple repair on my brand new appliance. In short, he ruined the unit. After waiting over 4 months with repeated service calls and many new parts along with being treated extremely rudely by a tech named Randy. Randy yelled and screamed at me and when I asked him to wait for my husband to come and help him get the appliance out of the wall cabinet. He pointed his finger at me and YELLED "Lady, get out of this kitchen and go sit down over at that table!!!" I kept begging him to just stop and wait for my husband. He was bowing the whole front of the cabinet. When I asked him to stop because he was going to ruin the cabinet, he told me "I could make these cheap cabinets by the end of the day!" I have recently learned that this tech is not trained to fix microwaves. He is trained to fix lawn mowers.

Sears authorized a replacement valued at no more than $2000. Unfortunately, Electrolux no longer makes the unit we originally purchased, so we had to settle for one that has far less capability. The tech that ruined the unit also scratched my brand new kitchen cabinet. I filed a claim with Sears and it was denied because the TECH denied scratching it. Of course he did!! Why would he admit to doing this and risking his job? The cost to replace the cabinet front is over $500. I am stuck with a brand new cabinet that has a huge scratch on the upper left hand corner where the microwave would normally be.

The replacement unit arrived damaged. But, we didn't know it until it had been installed. We called and scheduled a tech to come and fix it. He (named Doug) determined that the door latch was broken, so parts were ordered. Doug made a note on the paperwork that he was the tech that needed to come back out and fix the appliance. Which brings me to today.

I just received a phone call from a tech. Guess what? It's the same tech that ruined the first microwave/convection oven!!! I told him that I would not allow him to touch this unit. I was told by him that "Doug" had noted that "Doug" should be the tech to make the repair, but someone overrode that and decided to send the same tech that caused this 6 month long problem to begin with. So, here I sit. First repair request was Jan. 28, 2018. Here we are on July 2, 2018 and I still don't have a working appliance. A&E sends untrained techs to fix appliances. This was proven when "Randy" was sent out. He is trained to fix lawn mowers. He is not trained to fix microwaves.

I have made repeated phone calls to A&E asking for help. My request has fallen on deaf ears. I have asked for the manager to call me. I am told that they do not make phone calls. I have spent over $2,000 on this appliance and it does not work. I called Electrolux to find out if they could help me. I was told they could not help me. So, here I sit a new microwave/convection oven that was shipped broken from the factory. Here I sit with a new appliance that is useless. And here I sit waiting for A&E to send a trained tech to fix it. I will no longer purchase from Sears. It used to be a great company to do business with. They stood behind their products and offered excellent customer service.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Their time frame is, "We'll be there between 8am-5pm." Good grief. I saw the bill. Water line diagnosis $345!?! They still a cup in the water dispenser and say... "Yep. No water..." That's their diagnosis!?! On day three... "Oh I don't have the parts with me." Then why did you come!?!? This wait time is ridiculous. Lowe's needs to reevaluate who they use to service appliances!

Original review: June 19, 2018

I received a bill for the repair of a Samsung Range. I had contact the company I have a protection plan with about repair of the range. A technician showed up to see what the problem was. Said they would get back to us. Never got back to us and so I made several phone calls and found out part was on back order. Then in April I received a bill for the repair. Tried to talk to someone in A&E about the bill. You cannot talk to anyone about bills. All they do is give you phone numbers and websites you can pay your bill.

I wrote a letter to A&E on May 15, 2018 about the bill. In the letter I told them I have a repair policy with Protection Plus that the bill should be sent. I also included in the letter that no one ever showed up to repair the range even thought they came to see what the problem was. So I have gone for over six months with one of the functions of the range not working. This past week I received another bill for the repair. A&E customer service stinks. There is no way to communicate with an individual and when you call and are able to get someone they are next to impossible to understand because their English speaking language is not good. I do not understand why I am billed for a service to start with and why they want to bill anyone for a service when they never do the repair.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I have a contract with A&E. The first repairman came out on June 7 and ordered parts. Now I am continually being rescheduled because not all the parts have arrived. This is not the first time this has happened. Earlier this year I spent a month without my washer for the same reason. Do not ever buy a contract with this company. Do not ever call them period. They will call you up and lie to you. Yesterday they called me and told me my part would be here in 5 to 7 day. Today they called me and told me they had no status on my part. Their job is not to repair your appliance. No one should ever use their service. If I could give them less than one star I would.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Refrigerator was never fixed. After waiting a month, they never even showed up. They called once, but never appeared, I waited in driveway for hours. Then just to get a call in to these guys you will have to talk to someone in Philippines, then they will tell you, "You have no contract." I have called 4 times, each time was over 1 hour, they tell me in broken English I have no account. After a hour of arguing they somehow find it. I do not drink but after dealing with these idiots, I had one. It's nothing more than a scam, a total ripoff, and it's a 3 year contract. To get up the courage to call these idiots again and be told I have no contract is more than I can bear, much less actually get something fixed, what a joke.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I bought a Samsung 55" TV from Sears on July 31, 2016. On May 20, 2018 it went blank. I contacted Sears online and was told that the earliest appointment was set for May 31... ELEVEN DAYS OUT. I complained. The person at the other end volunteered the 877 number the next day and to call and confirm and perhaps see if they could give me an earlier appointment. I called the next day only to find out that they had NO record of my transaction. I was told by phone that the next available date for service was June 7 (18 days out). I complained and told that person that I had the transcript of the Internet conversation. Next thing you know I was bumped up to May 31 but they could do no better. I was told that the service would be between the hours of 8 AM and 5 PM. I asked if they could narrow the window and they said "NO".

On the morning of my service I got a robocall at 7:27 AM stating that the technician was "On his way". I waited until 9:15 and called the 877 number stating that the auto message was too vague. The person told me (after I prodded) that he would be there between 9:15 and 10:15. Around 9:20 the technician arrived. He got out his meters and quickly diagnosed the problem. MY problem is that he did not have the parts (I just knew that this was going to happen) and he ordered them right then and there. He told me that they would arrive at my address. They did.

He gave me a second appointment for JUNE 21, 2018. I was speechless! He further went on to explain that they have only ONE technician serving ALL OF CENTRAL FLORIDA! He stated that they had a second person doing the same job but he has been out sick since January! HUH? So from the time that my TV went on the Fritz to the time that it will be tentatively fixed will be a total of 32 days. Ridiculous!! I will never buy another item from Sears, I will never insure a large purchase when A&E is the factory service, and I am closing my Sears credit card account.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I have a Sears Home Warranty. We had a fridge which over past 4 months would freeze too much - too cold. We call Sears [A&E Factory Service]. They made it worse- week 1 fridge died completely, week two second trip parts done, now 3 weeks later the tech is onsite and doesn't know a frog from a washer. HOW DO YOU FIND THEIR HQ TO BRING TO COURT???

Original review: June 5, 2018

Lowe's has always send Field's Factory Service, but this time, were sending A&E. Supposed to be here today between 8am-12pm to repair my refrigerator. I realized, by mid-morning, that unlike Field's, I had received no emails, phone calls, etc. confirming appt. I called Lowe's and they confirmed with A&E they were coming. At 12:30, I called Lowe's again (their customer service is the BEST) and they checked and said A&E had changed my appt. to 1:53p-3:53pm without telling anyone due to another service call that went way late. We agreed that A&E must be here by 2:30pm, and Lowe's let A&E know, as I have an appt. at 3pm (after sitting, waiting all day). Still nothing from A&E, no call, no email, and I starting reading these reviews. Just called Lowe's and cancelled, Field's will be here Friday. Not even on a bet should you use A&E.

A&E Factory Service Company Information