2. Miscellaneous

1.3/5 (62 ratings)

About A&E Factory Service

A&E Factory Service Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about A&E Factory Service?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about A&E Factory Service?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

Warranty company made appointment with A&E Factory service. It was two weeks out to repair water pouring from freezer. I was told by A&E automated system that technician was on the way 9am at 4:30 pm I contact company! They state technician ID# ** said he spoke with me and I said my refrigerator had no problems!!! I never spoke with nor did they ever show up at my home! Supervisor at A&E said technician closed work order call warranty company. A&E supervisor all she could do is file complaint against technician? Meanwhile freezer still broke! Called warranty company. They are filing complaint and rescheduling appointment?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

Sears used to be a reputable company. I grew up with Sears. I have a Kenmore refrigerator I needed to get repaired (small part, ice maker). Tried replacing all the parts myself, but it didn't work, so I called. Scheduled a 4-hour window (10-4). Took off work and waited. Half way through my wait, 12:30, I'm notified they will be coming after 5; then between 6:30 and 8:30 p.m. I was not going to be available. I called the service line because you CANNOT speak with a technician. You only get automated emails. Why couldn't the technician call me so I could make proper arrangements? I responded via text, phone call to the company and chat that I would not be available at the new times.

Later that day, after 5:00, the technician leaves a note on my door and photos it that he's been there. Are you kidding? I contacted the company three ways to say I wasn't available. I was made to go through the whole automated process again to schedule a separate appointment. My appt was again scheduled between 10 and 2. At 9:30 a.m., I was left a message from the technician asking if I was going to be available. Seriously? I have a scheduled time between 10 and 2 and was sent a text the day prior to push 9 if I wished to cancel. I called and left a message I would be available.

At 1:55, I called the technician's number; he is in Richlands - hours from me. Another 4 hours of waiting. I described the ice maker issue. He tells me it's going to be over $400 to repair. It was so obvious he was late and was not interested in fixing my part and was NOT going to arrive within the scheduled time again. At this point I cancelled. I would NEVER recommend this company. You have little to no means to communicate with a person. If you like dealing with automation, waiting around, not knowing who to talk to, you are interested right place. So glad I haven't chosen them for big the big projects I need to do. If they can't be trusted with the little things, there is no way I would trust them with my window repairs and AC jobs! Run from them and find a company with people you can talk to and who return your calls and show up on time or at least call to say they are running late. A&E is absolute garbage.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

This is the worst company ever. We’ve made an appointment for somebody to come out three times now and they don’t even show up. We have canceled our own appointments so that we can get our microwave fixed. This is impossible to do with them.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

We have an oven under a full warranty through Lowe's - they use A&E Factory in our area for service work. I opened the claim with Lowes on 09/28/2021. On 10/8/21, Vincent from A&E Cedar Rapids, Iowa came. Diagnosed oven and ordered 2 heating elements. On 10/22, same A&E person from Cedar Rapids came. He installed the heating elements. The oven still did not heat. He said he needed to go “meet a co-worker to get a part”. He never returned and someone closed our service order out as “fixed”. A&E supervisor “Ferdi” said I had to call Lowes and start over again to get someone out to do the warranty work.

On 11/3, the same service person from A&E Cedar Rapids came out. He said he’d burned his hand 10/22 and that is why he did not return that day. I did not ask him why he’d closed out our work order as “fixed”. He diagnosed a bad control board and ordered the part. On 11/19, the service rep did not show up. Upon a call to A&E headquarters, I was told by a supervisor “Rudy” that our “assigned” service person was the same one that had been coming out the last 3 times (Vincent) AND that he was in Amana and we were the next stop for him. No show. I called A&E back and they were closed. However, I got a recorded message linked to our file saying we were scheduled for service December 7th. Thanksgiving is on Thursday. I have been without an oven since the end of September. I am now dealing with Lowes to see what they can do on their end.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

Waited around the house for 3 hours. Called them and they said they are on the way. Waited an additional hour, called again and the rep stated they are NOT on the way. My appointment has to be rescheduled. They have horrible communication and customer service skills. I could not understand the first rep, the second rep was much better. Eventually was rescheduled out 2 weeks, after cleaning my home and waiting around on them for 4 hours. Not sure how well they are at repairs since they never showed up.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

We have a Kenmore refridgerator, which we purchased thinking it was a reliable brand. Later found that it was actually manufactured by LG, not a reliable brand. Sears apparently turned all their service over to A&E at some point. We first called on Sept 30, 2021 about water/ice not working. Were told no technician available to Nov 2. This was OK, because water/ice are not crucial. In the interim the refrigerator and the freezer quit cooling entirely. We had been able to schedule an appointment for Oct 27 by hovering on the "reschedule" button. The day came and went - no service technician, no contact from A&E. Parts have been received at our home and we found we have been rescheduled for Dec 14 (by looking on their website, not because they contacted us). We are out lots of food, money for eating out and finding a place to store my husband's $2000 supply of insulin.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

I use a home warranty company. I placed a work request for my washer in the beginning August, but there was a hiccup with the company they originally sent, so they reassigned it to A & E. The soonest A &E could get out was early September. The tech came out, diagnosed it, parts were ordered, and another appointment was set up to install the parts. The parts get mailed to the customer. I received the parts. On the second appointment a different tech came out, installed most of the parts that were ordered, but said that one of the parts was the wrong part. He said he needed to order the parts and reschedule to install. A new appointment was set up.

The day of the third appointment came. No parts had arrived and no tech showed up, I called the company and they told me that the assigned tech called in sick, and they needed to reschedule the appointment. At this point I informed them that I had not received the parts. It turned out that the tech that said additional parts were needed never ordered the parts. A new appointment was scheduled to have a tech come out and find out what parts were needed.

The day of the fourth appointment came and there was only an hour left in the time window they gave me so I called. They said it needed to be rescheduled and refused to give me a reason. A new appointment was made. The day of the fifth appointment came, the tech showed up, got a list of parts that were needed, placed the order in front of me, and set up a new appointment for yesterday. The parts arrived. Yesterday arrived and I called to verify that a tech would be here. They said the appointment was for today, not yesterday. They verified that a tech would be here today.

Today, no tech arrived, I called the company and they told me their system said that one of the parts that were ordered had not arrived so no tech was sent. I had all the part in hand and they still would not send anyone out to keep the appointment. The soonest they said they could get someone out was the 18th of November. My home warranty company informed me that once parts have been ordered it is almost impossible to change contractors.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

I made an appointment for a technician to evaluate the problem with my Electrolux dishwasher. I had to wait two weeks for him to come out. I got updates the day before and day of the appointment. At 5pm the day of the appointment, he said my appointment was cancelled and he hung up the phone on me. I took a vacation day and waited at the house all day for him to arrive. I did not cancel the appointment, the technician did and gave no reason for doing so. I called their customer service and got nothing but the opportunity to reschedule another appointment another two weeks away. Terrible customer service. They cost me a vacation day for no reason. If there was a minus star, they would get it. The worst experience with a company ever. They should not be in business.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

How do they stay in business? Oh wait they are part of the defunct Sears network... The techs are great when they get the call. Apparently they don't even get it until the time frame of the appointment. Scheduled one appt today but the part won't be here until tomorrow. It's past the 8-12 time slot but no one has contacted us and calling their number gets you a bogus unhelpful message!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

This repair was set up by my home warranty company and I had to wait 2 weeks for a tech to come out, However, the tech was prompt, polite, knowledgeable and fixed my issue in about 30 minutes! He called first to make sure his arrival time worked for me, he chose to come to me first since his other appointment was far away and he feared he wouldn’t make it to me that day. He knew I had waited 2 weeks and was respectful of my time. My washer works great now thanks to Jeremy! I was surprised and impressed. After reading scathing reviews I was nervous!

A&E Factory Service Company Information