1.1/5 (79 ratings)

About A&E Factory Service

A&E Factory Service Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about A&E Factory Service?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about A&E Factory Service?

Original review: May 5, 2022

What a rip off. Sears sent Michael who would not give his last name to repair my two year old dishwasher. First he tried to sell me warranties on all my two year old appliances. I told him that I would not be purchasing the warranties. Then he quoted prices for parts that might be needed according to him. I told him no. Then he removed two small pieces of aluminum and charged $287.95 for service call and labor. Do not call this shady company.

Original review: May 4, 2022

Waited a month for the appointment to fix my microwave. Technician window was 1pm-5pm. Got a text at 4:45 saying they canceled the appointment. I call and they say they had the wrong information about the microwave. That's a flat out lie and how would they even know that when no one even showed up. Wasted half the day waiting for nothing.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 3, 2022

We bought a LG range 25th Jan 2022. In March the control unit for the oven failed. We were given a repair date 3 weeks out. We were expecting 48-72 hours? Started a complaint running. We’re given 2 closer dates but these were no shows. Next appt. 21st April. Technician came without the part. Just confirmed not working. Order the part. Technician came 30th April (Saturday). It was the wrong part. Tried to get to speak to a manager. Told I would get a call by Tuesday from President's office. Call never happened. This was the 4th time I have been promised a call which never happened. Requested again a Return Authorisation. It is going back to Home Depot whatever happens now. Note: in Europe EU law puts the responsibility to the Retailer to sort out.

Original review: April 25, 2022

A&E deserves ZERO rating, they were unable to fix my bosch microwave even after 4 visits across 4 months. Every time they claimed it is fixed, the microwave broke in 2 days, and the next available appointment for them to diagnose was 3-4 weeks. This was a joke.

Original review: April 15, 2022

Have had to call to keep work order open. Tech took picture of front door stated I wasn't home, boy was he dumb. I placed a note in door with camera on day he was to show. He used old picture stating No one was home. Even signed his name on work order. These techs are lazy. Cancel appointments, never show up and wonder why they all get 1 star. I would stay away from A&E . At least due to their ignorance I got new appliances instead of them not fixing for 6 months.

Original review: April 11, 2022

After almost a dozen trips, incorrect parts ordered and installed, parts changers repeatedly replaced the same parts with the same problem persisting for 6 months. They became increasingly rude, not showing up, cancelling appointments. They stated unit was unrepairable. I finally got a REPAIRMAN FROM LG WHO DIAGNOSED AND FIXED THE PROBLEM IN 2 VISITS. My opinion AVOID A&E at all costs. AVOID A&E at all costs.

Original review: April 5, 2022

I placed a question mark after Service because it is questionable that what this company does call be called Service. Our experience has been frustrating. We have paid a hefty fee for a service contract and the in-counter icemaker that it covers hasn't worked for weeks. Technicians keep showing up late, and when they finally get here their repairs are not addressing the problem. In most cases, they've had to order parts, which further delays their work. When the current contract expires in May, we are replacing the appliance with a new one. We will never again have a service contract with A&E.

Original review: April 1, 2022

We purchased a microwave from Best Buy 2 years ago and purchased the extended warranty. The microwave door is coming apart and the keyboard, which is in the door, is malfunctioning. Best Buy scheduled a repair appointment with A&E for March 10th. Two repairmen came out, apparently 1 was in training, and they stated that we needed a new door. So they ordered a new door and had to reschedule the service appointment for March 21st. March 21st came and the repairman showed up, opened up the box with the new door and it was WHITE.... All, I repeat, ALL of my appliances are stainless. He goes 'uh this isn't going to work, it must have been the new guy that ordered this." Well no kidding. It isn't going to work. So he ordered another door - hopefully the correct one and rescheduled the service call again to April 4th.

I just get a call today, April 1st, that they need to reschedule the appointment because the microwave door will not be delivered to me until April 5th. And now the only or earliest appointment available is April 11th - so now that puts us a month with no microwave, stove fan or stove light. This is completely unacceptable. I would not recommend A&E to anyone at all. I hope and pray the door delivers and it's correct.

Original review: March 29, 2022

Got texts msg. to let me know they would be there between 12p to 5p. Took off work for appointment. Got a call from tech at 410p said it would be a little past 6p before they would make it. He texts me at 730p to say it would be sometime after 8p. After all this I said, "Don't bother." After reading all the bad reviews I don't understand why LG continues to do business with this group of idiots.

Original review: March 27, 2022

First I called Sears who sent out two repairmen. They told me what I already knew was wrong with the oven. Then they told me the parts to fix the oven were no longer available. Not exactly true. They left. On the recommendation of Frigidaire who made my Tappan Oven, I phoned A&E who also sent out two repairmen. They told me what I already knew was wrong with the oven, told me the parts weren't available and said the oven had given good service (31 years) and I should buy a new oven. I have purchased a replacement part (temperature probe). My son and I will attempt the repair. I was very disappointed with both Sears and A&E. (The latter seems to be affiliated with Sears.)

A&E Factory Service Company Information