Call toll free
3.40/5
Based on 1,337 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty provides homeowners financial protection, knowing the unexpected may be expensive. With a home warranty, when a system (heater, air conditioner, hot water heater) or appliance (refrigerator, stove, microwave) break due to normal wear and tear, homeowners are offered budget protection to complete the eligible repair. Seven out of every ten homes will experience a system or appliance failure yearly.

As an accredited home warranty company by the Better Business Bureau, 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has protected more than 5.8 million homes over 38 years.

"LONG LIVE HAPPY HOMES®" says it all.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Gallery (6)
ABBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has plans to cover appliances and systems for all homes and structural coverage for new homes. While coverage isn’t as extensive as other providers, 2-10’s plans are slightly more affordable than the competition.

PROS

• Structural warranties for new homes
  • Flexibility in selecting service providers
  • Provides essential coverage
  • Roof leak coverage available

CONS

• Service call fees can be high
  • Some state restrictions

Top 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Reviews

03/07/2019

The repair person was here in no time and took care of it. He came in, detected the problem, knew what the solution was, ordered the part that was needed and fixed it. 2-10 was also proactive and thought ahead for me. They were gonna be calling me back if I had any other problems.

02/28/2019

The air conditioning no longer blew hot air and the experience when I submitted the claim to 2-10 was fantastic. It was called in on a Friday and they said that I might not hear from the contractor until Monday but we heard from them on a Saturday. They were out within 24 hours.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty plans

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty gives homeowners around the country peace of mind and financial protection, helping minimize the burden of costly repairs. A 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty service agreement gives homeowners nationwide access to a network of more than 6,000 authorized, independent service contractors. They can also access an online Homeowner Portal to manage their account, request service and renew their service agreement.

• Systems and Appliances: With a Systems and Appliances plan, homeowners get the cost of a repair or replacement covered, including parts and labor, for one low service call fee.
  • Structural Warranty: With a Structural Warranty, homeowners can protect their new construction home for up to 10 years from structural damage.

2-10 services plans are not available in Alabama, Hawaii, New Hampshire, Oklahoma or Wyoming.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty cost

The average monthly cost for 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty is $30–$40 for systems and appliances coverage. Your total cost will vary by plan and your selected service call fee, which range from $75–$100. Their monthly rate comes at a lower cost than the industry average, while their service call fee runs slightly high. If you select any add-on coverage, this will also increase your monthly payment.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty coverage

The company’s Systems and Appliances service agreement covers the repair or replacement of major home systems and appliances, including parts and labor.

• AC/freon split system
  • Built-in microwave
  • Disposal
  • Trash compactor
  • Washer/dryer

Optional coverage: Available for home buyers, 2-10 offers optional coverage at an add-on rate for the following items: pre-season HVAC tune-up, extended pipe leak, roof leak, septic system, pool/spa equipment, water softener, well pump.

2-10 home warranty supreme protection: This add-on is available to real estate agents to add-on to a home buyers warranty. It adds protection for 40 additional items including appliances and plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems.

2970 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: May 15, 2019

My realtor recommended 2-10. Submitting a claim to them has been pretty fast and good. I call to request a service and then the next day I schedule the appointment. I’m happy with it. The contractor that they sent was great too. He explained to me everything and gave a good service.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Our experience with 2-10 has been good. We've had them for about a year now and I don’t have any complaints. The reps are good when I phone in a claim. They send everything then they resend reminders. They send emails to my husband. I’m not that email person, but that’s a good way to communicate. The technicians were good for the 2 times that I have called. They came on time. I’m happy with them.

Original review: May 15, 2019

2-10's claims process was quick and easy. The lady was nice and helpful. I really didn't have to do any kinda legwork or anything. I just called them up and explained the problem. They found a contractor and called them, and the contractor came out. My son was at home and he said that the guy was friendly and did what he did. The air conditioner started cooling, and we were happy that it wasn’t hot.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Usually, I submit claims over the phone to 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. Though it isn't difficult, I've had one bad experience thus far. Representatives told me that I didn't have to pay the deductible 'cause the claim was a repeating occurrence. But, they ended up charging me 'cause the supervisor overrode what the representatives said and no one called me to inform me. Nevertheless, their contractors get my issues resolved for me. Any time I call, I just pay the $75 and 2-10 sends someone out right away.

Original review: May 14, 2019

2-10 Home Buyers has good customer service. Everything’s gotten taken care of whenever I've called. I file my service requests online. I only called once after the company we were using was gonna be two weeks out and I got a new company. Requesting for service with their reps was pretty easy and simple. We got a new person on Thursday and they came out that Monday because they were booked on Friday.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Original review: May 14, 2019

The first claim with 2-10 was the double oven not working properly. We contacted 2-10 and they set the repair up. That process got a little messed up but it wasn’t 2-10’s fault, it was the contractor’s. They didn’t follow up. I had to end up calling them to schedule the appointment after contacting 2-10 to get the information for them. It took a little over two weeks to even get someone out here. They kept canceling appointments. Even after we paid them, it took them over a month to cash the check. So, they didn’t even close out the service request for over a month after we had paid them.

Except for that one contractor, I've enjoyed my experience with 2-10. The other claim we had was the electrical in one of the rooms that went out. We contacted 2-10 and set the repair up. The next day, we had an appointment for someone to come out. That one was done by the end of the week so that went back pretty fast.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I've submitted 3 claims with 2-10 and the experience has generally been good. I've done it online and over the phone and they both work just fine. There was one time with the website that wasn't working so great 'cause it didn't have the right options or the right way to describe the claim. It kept trying to steer me back towards a plumbing claim and that was not exactly the right issue. The website generally works pretty well for the standard stuff, but if it doesn't fit in one of the molds that are on there, it doesn't work with the user. It's stubborn. So I called and when I explained it to them, it was fine. The claims reps I've spoken with have been been professional and straightforward. The contractors were good guys too. They came and did their work. They were professional and on time. They didn't leave a mess.

The coverage lapses in June and we're not sure on renewing with 2-10 yet. I'm going back and forth with my wife and we're still trying to decide. Part of the discussion is what are the other alternatives out there, what's the cost, etc. The only thing that's a little kind of irritating is they have these little sales and they're trying to get me to sign back up for another year. They'll be like, "Hey, if you make the decision in the next three days, we'll give you $75 off." It's just kind of the whole ticking clock sale technique and I don't really appreciate it. I feel like it's just a cheap manipulation attempt. 2-10 has got some kinks to work out.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I recently submitted a claim with 2-10 and the contractor they sent was good. They just replaced the toilet.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I've been with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty for five years and have been very happy with them. I wouldn’t say their claims process is easy though. You really have to follow up and stay on them and not give in. They’re definitely an insurance company and not looking to pay for everything. But, if you hold your ground and you know the companies in your area, then it would work out. Their customer service is great. But their sales, their service, and their part distribution centers don’t always talk to each other so calling in isn’t a pleasant experience. I also tried submitting online, but it was a terrible way to go.

2-10's coverage is great. They cover two air conditioning units, my heat, and a washing machine. Although the turnaround time is not great, I’d rather have the coverage than bad quality work. When it comes to major appliances or major household systems, like air conditioning and heat, they should offer expedited services. When the heat goes down in the middle of the winter and the pipes are gonna freeze, you would think that they would want to act quickly, instead of saying that that’s the way it is. It would have been better if they covered those issues as well. My interactions with the contractors they've sent have been excellent though. Plus, the contractors were very knowledgeable.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Taking almost a month to get our AC fixed. Half a week to get a contractor out to look at it, then it took 3 days for part to be ordered, then 8 days to come in, then a week before contractor can fix.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Chris, thank you for your review. We can understand your frustration with your claim experience and we will do our best to try and improve our claim turn around time.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I have been with 2-10 warranty for 19 years now and have been a loyal customer. I have had several contractors come out to fix my refrigerator, stove, sink, toilets, water heater and washer and dryer. I have no complaints on the service received until just recently. Even though 2-10 is pricier than other warranty companies, I have remained loyal. I never write reviews but this recent incident warrants one.

A contractor came out to fix my washing machine on April 26. He could not find parts necessary to get washer working so had to defer to 2-10 and their research department to find the parts. I have called several times to find out what the status was. Each time I was told they were looking for the parts and would take 3-5 business days. I have a two year grandson at the house so a working washing machine is essential. I would not be as upset if I had received follow up phone calls to let me know the status.

When you have an issue with 2-10 there appears to be no one to reach out to. Supervisors know nothing more than the person who answers the phone. I called again today 5/13/19 to get status. I was transferred to the parts department again. This time I was informed that the parts could not be found. It should not take two weeks to figure out that parts are not available. Ashley was kind enough to now pass this issue over to the replacement folks. However, I was told it would be 3-5 days before I received an email as to what the status would be... whether a replacement washer was found or I would received money to replace myself. You would think that long standing customers would receive much better service than this. SMH.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Kim, we are disappointed to read the many difficult claim experiences you have had with our company. We appreciate your feedback and will do our best to use the information you gave us to ultimately, improve our services. Please feel free to send us a message if you need any additional support.

Original review: May 13, 2019

One time, it took me 10 days to get my hot water tank replaced. The first time the contractors of 2-10 were out there within about 36 hours. And the last time they never showed up and called. I ended up paying for it myself. When you're out of water, you’re outta water. I have to have water. So, I did not contact them. When I did contact them, they told me I would've had contacted them before I hired the other person.

Original review: May 13, 2019

It's difficult to submit a claim with 2-10 and if you try to do it online, you still have to call them anyways. Their website is also a little confusing. It has you answer a whole bunch of questions then you type in all those things and it just tells you to call. Whenever I submit a claim, they tell me that I would be contacted by a contractor in two business days though they say that it could be sooner. Whoever's hired by 2-10 to to come out has the responsibility to contact me and they try to give me a window for the appointment.

So far, my experience with the contractors who have been here varies because all the contractors are different. Just recently, I paid $100 for somebody to come out. He assessed the situation that I was contacting him about and he immediately said that since it wasn't installed properly, it was not covered under the warranty. He told me certain things that I needed and kind of assumed what 2-10 cover and what they didn't cover. I still had to pay him anyways, which was ridiculous. So, essentially, I was out of $100 but the problem still wasn't resolved. Plus, I'd have to pay more money out-of-pocket

Other than that, the warranty came in handy a couple of times for a couple of other things. My biggest concern was the big-ticket items like a water heater or the HVAC going bad. We have 2-10 for three years now and it's somewhat reassuring to have a warranty. But there are certain things that they don't cover. If something wasn't properly installed right, that's something that wouldn't technically be covered. That's included in the list that I have for everything that was a part of the package that I was paying for. It's probably to save 2-10 more money which is understandable.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I've had 2-10 for a couple of years now and it's a long process to submit a claim. The first time I submitted one, it wasn't bad. They fixed it within a week and I didn't have to wait. This time, I had to wait a little bit longer. The whole time, it's hard to get to somebody and to find out what's going on, I waited an hour on the phone. First, I called one department and they didn't know what was going on. They had to transfer me to another department. They kept saying that 2-10 had a long call line, so I waited on the phone until I was able to speak to somebody. My interaction with him was a relief but he had to take a long time because my case was a little different from others.

My refrigerator stopped working and I've been dealing with it for two weeks. I didn't want my food to get bad. My husband helped me put the refrigerator into the garage so I can bring out my back-up refrigerator. When we called the service guy, he didn't wanna fix it because he said that it was in the wrong place. He didn't look at anything and they were trying to charge me which I didn't think was fair. It was my fault for not reading the fine print, but if they're not doing anything, then I shouldn't be charged. Plus, it was kinda hard to do things when you're working all the time.

He had to come back and we had to do another ticket for him to come back. He was kinda rude, so I kind of reacted rudely back. I didn't like the way he talked. He came back last Monday and he spoke to my husband. He just told my husband, "Oh, they're gonna just replace it. The warranty is gonna give you a callback." Yesterday, I had to call back to see what was going on so I was on the phone all morning. That's such a big inconvenience for me only to find out that no, I'm not gonna get a replacement. They're just gonna replace those two parts. The communication part has a room for improvement. The people who come out should be reaching out and letting me know the timeframe of when they're gonna call me back, and not just say, "Oh, your warranty is gonna call you back." But aside from the wait time, everyone has been friendly and very helpful.

Original review: May 13, 2019

2-10 has been quick with my claim. They tell me upfront what I need to pay and my out of pocket is not too expensive. Another thing that I like is when they send out people, they fix what I need to be fixed and they call me right away. I used to call 2-10 for my claim but since they have the online option, I just go online because it is quicker. But sometimes I still call them if I have to speak to a representative. They have good customer service and I appreciate it. Their reps have been great and really helpful.

Original review: May 13, 2019

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty was in my contract when I purchased my home. I've been with them for over a year and when they asked me to renew, they gave me two different prices. The first was $174 a month and I said that I couldn't afford that. They called me back and another lady talked to me. She said that it would be $38 a month. The price was right and I said I could do that. I called when I submitted a claim and spoke with someone. The interaction with both the claims rep and the contractor were very good although once, I waited a while before I got a contractor out. I would recommend 2-10. It’s a good service to have for the home.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I live in South Carolina and it is late May and 90+ degrees and really humid. I lost my A/C last Sunday. 2-10 finally got someone out last Thursday. My compressor is frozen. They called me Friday, and said it will take 5 business days to approve the contractor to order the unit. The last time I had a problem, it took a week to get the core after it was approved. So it will be at least 3 weeks without A/C In 90 degree weather. When I asked if they could expedite, they said no.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Ed, we are disappointed to learn about your claim experience. Unfortunately, due to part availability, contractor schedules, service levels, and location, sometimes our homeowners can experience claim delays. We try our best to expedite service when and where we can. We do appreciate your feedback and we hope to use your comments to help us improve our services. Please send us a message if you require additional support.

Original review: May 12, 2019

After calling around and getting a few quotes from warranty providers, we got a good offer from 2-10 and they seemed to have a good package. It has been pretty convenient whenever we had to submit claims. We would call them to report the issue and the service has been quick and to the point. It has been hassle-free. There's usually somebody assigned to the case on the same day, and we get an update regarding which contractor was assigned. They would come out in a day or two after that, depending on if it is a weekend or not, but we always had good response time. Some of the contractors have been better than others but my experience with them has always been good. I've been very satisfied with them. They're always professional, and happy to help. They explain what they're doing and give us any information that we would expect.

One of the primary reasons we've had to call their contractors was an intermittent issue with our furnace. It comes back year after year, after being fixed. We finally had a 2-10 contractor come and look at it, and they saw that there was some electronic issues. I have some disappointment that it took about six visits to finally find and diagnose that issue, but I give all credits to the last contractor that was sent because they finally took care of the problem. All in all, 2-10 has done everything I've expected and I'm satisfied. We'll continue to renew with them for the foreseeable future.

Original review: May 12, 2019

My realtor gave me a 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty for a year with the purchase of my home. However, when I tried to submit a claim online, it was extremely difficult because I couldn't find the place where I needed to say what the problem was. It seemed to cover everything but what I needed. Still, when I called, customer service was 100% fabulous and my issue was taken care of right away. I explained to their reps that I was having trouble online. They asked me what the problem was, I told them and they said they would set up a time and everything. That got a little complicated but eventually, everything worked out.

They were very nice on the phone, and very patient with me, and made sure everything was done right. My experience with the contractor sent to service my appliance turned out a lot better than I thought. I thought it was gonna be a huge problem, but it turned out to be something very simple. So, I was very happy. Everybody at 2-10 was very friendly and they got the job done.

Original review: May 12, 2019

My 2-10 plan came with the home I purchased but I found that it wasn't really helpful. The website wasn't helpful. When I had issues, I had trouble trying to figure out if it was covered or not, and I didn't get a clear answer. I've used 2-10 twice, where the first one was for a weird leak coming in the kitchen wall. On 2-10's website, I was trying to find how the issue would be covered or what box I would need to select to start or to have somebody come out and look at it. But it wasn't really clear what option I need to select. So I called a representative, and then I was on hold for 45 minutes.

The representative said that it sounded like it was coming from the roof, which wasn't covered. He was sorry that I was having that problem, and then hung up. That was all I received for that. But another time, I used it for a plumbing pipe that was leaking. I selected plumbing, and because it was an immediate issue I went ahead and called whoever the plumbing people were that 2-10 was gonna send out. And they were great.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I chose 2-10 for the premiums that were offered in comparison to the normal home warranty provider. Our realtor also pointed out 2-10 as having more options offered in their standard coverage as opposed to other companies and it has worked out pretty good. Within the first month or so, my heating element went out so I had that replaced and I just had to pay the deductible. So I was covered there and it was a quick process. The appointment was set up by the next day and I got my heat serviced. Then recently, I got my AC serviced with the changing of the season and that was another thing that was offered, a pre-season maintenance on my AC. So so far, I’ve been pretty happy.

The representatives are pretty solid as well. Everything seems like it’s right away. I just called and they reached out to the vendor and sent me two follow-up emails reminding me of the services or what I should expect. Usually, contractors have up to 48 hours to contact me but it seemed like it’s been the same day each time. On top of that, they're very professional and they have great quality of work. I definitely will renew at the end of the year.

Original review: May 12, 2019

We've had 2-10 for a couple of years. We first got it with the purchase of our home through our agent, and then we continued it because we had good experience with it. The claims submission has been straightforward. Our claims has been taken care of fairly quickly. We had an issue with our ac, and contractor was very helpful.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Our A/C unit stopped blowing cold. We called 2-10 Warranty and a tech was dispatched from a local HVAC company. The tech confirmed that the coil had a leak. The HVAC company recommended that the condenser unit be replaced rather than just the coil for two reasons... 1. The cost of a coil plus the freon would be close in price to a condenser unit which contains freon and... 2. Only replacing the coil would mean that other parts could fail as the unit is getting old.

I made three calls to 2-10 Warranty and confirmed that the condenser unit will be replaced. The HVAC company showed up with just a coil. The tech/owner didn't understand why they only sent a coil. I called 2-20 Warranty and was told that a condenser unit was being replaced. I had to explain to the customer service rep what the difference is between a coil and unit. She put me on hold to get more information and again said that the unit is being replaced. A condenser unit. I told her a coil was the only part received. She said that's what they call a unit. They don't know the difference between a condenser coil and a condenser unit.

I find great difficulty in trying to have an intelligent conversation with an ignorant person. I did not contract with 2-10 Warranty. My real estate agent required the seller of our house to include a warranty. Unfortunately, the sellers happened to pick 2-10 Warranty. As a result of this debacle, I researched warranty companies and found that 2-10 Warranty is not well rated. Should you be in the market for a warranty company I suggest you go to Consumeraffairs.com and researched their to companies. We are most definitely not renewing the contract. Oh, and I have no doubt that 2-10 Warranty's response will be to say how sorry they are and how they will do better. Just a boiler plate response.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there James, we appreciate your feedback. However, we will continue to stand on this repair decision. The home warranty industry uses a repair before replacement philosophy. We do our best to continue using the unit until it is recommended that you receive a full replacement. If you have any additional questions, please send us a message letting us know. Thank you again for your review.

Original review: May 11, 2019

We put in a service request around 4/17 because our ac wasn’t working and the weather had gotten warm. It took 3 weeks for the new part to come in. Okay that’s reasonable. The new part was broken and now rather that just replacing the unit we have to wait another 2 weeks before another new part comes in. I have people in my house with medical conditions that are worse with heat. My upstairs is 78 every night! It is ridiculous to make people wait 5 weeks to fix a problem. And if this second new part has a problem they have already said they will just continue to order it and make us wait until a good one comes in. This is absolutely ridiculous. Do not use this company!!

Original review: May 11, 2019

When we bought the house, it had 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty, then we tried a different company, but went back to 2-10. We weren't crazy for the vendors on the other company. When we had a water heater problem, 2-10 didn’t let us replace the water heater because it was working. But typically, every time I’ve had a situation, they’ve handled it well, which is why I continue to work with them. Our interactions with their reps have been great. Typically, they give us an estimate on when to expect the contractor. But last time, the AC guy didn’t call us for days, we like that company though so we waited.

2-10 works with Sears and the guy who is with Sears is typically very good. Most of the time, they call, order the parts, and then handle the issue. We wound up replacing the washer and dryer when we were having issues with them. We got credit toward that, but not much. 2-10 has done a good job. Plus, I think they gave me a discount because I’m a Realtor, which was another nice feature. I’m very satisfied with my 2-10 experience.

Original review: May 11, 2019

2-10 is perfect. If I need them, they’re available. I don’t have a long wait time, and they’re very prompt getting the issues resolved.

Original review: May 11, 2019

We’ve been in this house since September and 2-10 was purchased for us by our sellers. We bought one for our buyers at our other house and we paid $800 for it. Our first claim had something to do with an air conditioner switch. It was with a company I hadn’t heard of before but it was no big deal. The technician came right out and he said he could do it. It was probably more for me to spend $100 than it was for him to buy the part so, that was a disappointment. I don’t mind paying the deductible but not if it’s gonna be more than the actual work that has to be done. That was off-putting.

The second claim had to do with the air conditioner fan. 2-10 had to call three different companies to come out and look at it. The technician came out with his wife but she didn’t work for him. She came out there, leaned against the wall and talked on the phone. So, that was a little weird and she didn’t need to be there for him to do his job. They were unprofessional. He left and was gone for two hours to go get the fan. I didn’t have all day to sit and wait while he got the part, and for him and his wife to go and have lunch. It was unacceptable to me.

I had an argument with 2-10 because the air conditioner is 20 years old and it’s not gonna last. They were gonna try to make me hold on to it so, I’m almost being forced into buying another warranty for another year just in case. It seems like a strong-arm to me and I don’t need a fancy unit. My house is under 1,400 square feet, so it’s not like it would be a great big unit but I don’t have the money in my pocket to pay for it. All we have is an outside unit, and we have a gas heater, so we don’t have a heat pump. After two calls on the air conditioner, somebody should be looking at something, because it’s not gonna get better.

The third one was for our pressure valve regulator. It went out so, we had no water pressure. The guy who came out was great and the company was professional. He said he didn’t have time in his schedule to do it on that day but he could do it on Friday. I said fine and he was out Friday. It didn’t take him three or four hours like he thought. He had everything that he needed on his truck. He told me that he may have to go and get some pipe. It depends on the type of pipe. The pipe turned out to be fine, and it was all good.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Part of the agreement when we bought the house was to have the seller pay for the home warranty and they chose 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. Their representatives were very courteous and helpful. But 2-10 could work on the wait time a bit. It wasn’t too bad, but I would’ve liked to wait a bit less. The first plumber that came out through 2-10 misdiagnosed what the problem was. I ended up calling a different contractor because they told me that 2-10 wasn’t gonna cover the root problem. When I called the other plumber, they found out it was just a clog, there were no roots out there. I called 2-10, explained everything that was going on and asked for reimbursement for the other plumber. They worked well with me and sent me a check within a week. I definitely liked that because, in the beginning, I was told it could take 45 days.

Original review: May 10, 2019

We had an issue with our gas oven and 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty couldn't find any service provider for it, so that was unfortunate. I pay a good amount of money every year to keep my 2-10 warranty up and running, and this appliance is one of the most popular appliances I have but they couldn't find a provider. They suggested I should find a third party by myself and then bill it to them. But I called a third party and that guy also could not fix it so I just left it. We've had 2-10 for more than 10 years and I'm not happy with this particular service.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We can understand your frustration with the lack of service providers in your region. We would be willing to help you resolve this issue and assist you with finding a service provider. If you would like for us to pick up this claim again, please send us a message.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I've had a pretty good experience with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. Submitting claims has been pretty easy and affordable. Every time I've called them, they actually care about my issue and fix it quickly. Within an hour two, someone gets out. Thus far, the quality of the technicians whom they send has been very good. However, the guy who came out here was saying that they would never find a certain part. That time, I was thinking that my AC couldn't be down and I was wondering what he meant in saying they would never find the part. The techs are very prideful yet very good at what they do. But, they also sometimes think of the answers without thinking a little outside the box. Still, 2-10's guys fixed my issue within a week.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty coverage exclusions

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty covers the failure of systems and appliances due to normal wear and tear. Pre-existing conditions will only be considered for coverage if they were unknown and could not have been detected by visual inspection or simple mechanical test. 2-10’s service agreement does not cover damage due to misuse or abuse or natural disasters. They also won’t handle hazardous materials, like asbestos.

As is typical with most home warranties, 2-10 does not cover cosmetic defects. In the event a replacement item is provided, there are no guarantees they’ll match the existing brand and color of your current item.

Code violations and haul away services are only covered with the Supreme Protection add-on and HVAC Plus plan add-on. Commercial appliances are not covered under the warranty.

There may also be item-specific exclusions. These will be listed in your contract, so be sure to look for these and understand your coverage. Often, parts and components deemed non-essential to the core function of the item may be excluded. For example, while most of your kitchen appliances may be covered, parts like glass, shelves and accessories may not be covered.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty coverage limits

2-10 Home Buyer’s Warranty lists the maximum aggregate liability for all claims in a contract term at $25,000. This is one of the higher limits we’ve seen. There is also an item specific limit on certain appliances and systems. This is the maximum 2-10 will pay for the repair or replacement of the item within one contract term.

Item2-10’s coverage limit
Built-in or sealed refrigeration units$2,500
Faucet repair and/or replacement$150/faucet
Toilet replacement, in the event of sediment/ calcium build-up$300/toilet
Limited roof leak$1,000/term
Septic system$500/term
Swimming pool$1,000/term
Well pump$500/term
Steam, hot water heat, hydronic systems, geothermal and water source systems, air conditioners, high-velocity systems$1,500/term
Concealed or concrete encased items pertaining to ductwork, water, gas, drain, piping, leaks, breaks and wiring$500/term
*Limits subject to change. Check your service agreement for up-to-date numbers

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty FAQ

Is a home inspection required by 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

No, a home inspection is not required to get coverage from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty.

Can I choose my own service provider?

Maybe. In the event that a 2-10 authorized contractor is unavailable, you may be able to select your own technician. The technician will diagnose the problem and then call 2-10 for prior authorization before beginning the work.

Is there a cancellation fee for 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Yes. A $25 processing fee will be applied to your cancellation. Cancellation within 30 days entitles you to a full-refund less this fee, while cancellation after 30 days will receive a pro-rated refund. Cancellation must be submitted in writing via email.

How do I request a service from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Claims can be submitted online through the 2-10 homeowner portal or by calling their toll-free number. Both methods are available 24/7, and you can log in to the homeowners portal to check the status of your request at any time. To request service from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty:

1. Submit a claim to 2-10.
  2. 2-10 will assign and dispatch a service contractor.
  3. Dispatched contractor will diagnose and repair the item if it’s covered under your warranty.
  4. You will pay the service call fee.

Emergency service: In emergency situations, 2-10 will make every effort to expedite a technician to your home within 24 hours.

Is 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty worth it?

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty gives homeowners around-the-clock peace of mind should something in their home break. In business for nearly four decades, the company has accrued valuable experience taking care of homeowners around the country. Homeowners should be prepared to pay a service call fee for each separate service request. Overall, we found the pricing fair and the coverage adequate, if a little less comprehensive than other plans available. If you’re looking for straightforward coverage of your major systems and appliances, 2-10 should fit the bill.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Company Information