3.54/5
Based on 1,787 ratings submitted in the last year
Call toll free
(800) 743-4210 Visit Website

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty provides homeowners financial protection, knowing the unexpected may be expensive. With a home warranty, when a system (heater, air conditioner, hot water heater) or appliance (refrigerator, stove, microwave) break due to normal wear and tear, homeowners are offered budget protection to complete the eligible repair. Seven out of every ten homes will experience a system or appliance failure yearly.

As an accredited home warranty company by the Better Business Bureau, 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has protected more than 5.8 million homes over 38 years.

"LONG LIVE HAPPY HOMES®" says it all.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Gallery (6)
ABBB Rating
View More View More

3541 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: July 13, 2019

1st time homeowner here. I'm not one to complain much but 2-10 has pushed me. 1st visit AC goes out, I turn off the breaker and it comes back on. Then when they get here they tell me nothing is wrong, and freon is perfect level... $100. I know the AC can't just go out with NOTHING wrong, so I call a second opinion without 2-10. They tell me that freon is low, and that it has a switch that turns it off when an imbalance is present, the reason it worked is because I reset the switch when I flipped the breaker. Also, my unit is beyond its life and needing replacing outright as it is 16 yrs old. Who should I trust? No idea. 2nd visit, electrical outlets on a wall stop working. An elderly man is sent out to fix it, tells me he can't fix it (basically he's too old as it requires getting in the attic or crawlspace to run a new wire). Tells me I don't owe anything since he didn't fix it. 2-10 tells me I owe him $100 as it is in my contract. Despite nothing being fixed. Strike 2!

3rd visit... Burst pipe. Plumber comes, fixes it. Easy day. Finally, something was fixed. 4th recent visit, AC struggles, won't cool master bed very well either. Send out same company under the pretense it's a recall and won't cost $100 as they're guaranteeing their work. Guy tells me freon is low and charges it. Then tells me the condenser coil needs cleaning. Then tells me it's not a recall since it's been more than 30 days and that I owe $100! What the heck! Why would 2-10 tell me it would be no charge?

But here's the icing on the cake. 2-10 calls me and tells me I have to get my coil cleaned on my own pocket due to negligence and that I should keep the receipt in case they require it. So now I owe more money out of pocket!!! The reason I called and have the warranty is because I am trying to save money! I've only lived in this house for 3 months and so far I've got 1 successful visit using 2-10. Not to mention I told them about the electrician and the contractor still hasn't contacted me to schedule an appointment (it's been 3 days). Tell me... What is my reason for keeping the same warranty company?

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Thank you for your feedback, Paul. We can understand how frustrated you are with this recent claim, and we apologize for the overall stress this has caused you. Our escalation team has taken over your claim, and someone will give you a call to discuss next steps.

Original review: July 13, 2019

We had a year of 2-10 coverage provided by the seller of our home and I had it renewed. My experience has been really good and I'm quite satisfied. They’ve fulfilled their responsibilities very well. And it's very easy to file claims. I call them and they’ve been prompt. When the top rack of my dishwasher fell out, my handyman told me that it would be to my advantage to call 2-10. When 2-10 sent out their person, they checked the bottom rack and said that it was also about to fall out. They said it would be better to replace the racks, and I was pleased that they did that. The people who came out were very nice, knowledgeable and they kept me in the loop.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Debbie, we are thrilled to learn that you had a pleasant experience with your contractor. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support!

Original review: July 13, 2019

I called 2-10 to submit a claim for electrical wiring and it took about a day for the contractor to come out. Everything was great with him. He was a real professional and everything was real clear.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Kirsa, we are thrilled to learn that you had a pleasant experience with our contractors. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support!

Original review: July 13, 2019

Our dishwasher was not working. I submitted a claim over the phone to 2-10. By the time someone came to check that, it was like after two weeks. He looked into the stuff and he never came back. But when I filed a complaint about it, a second contractor came and then he was all right. He said that there was some dirt inside, like something stuck inside and he cleaned it up. And by the time they fixed it, it was like over a month after they checked it. So, more than a month we had no dryer. The problem was that the clothes are not getting dry. And later on, when he changed it and cleaned up and all those things, it's a little better. Everything is okay. I'm satisfied.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Sanela, we are thrilled to learn that you had a great experience with our services. However, we are disappointed to learn that you have had some problems with our service providers. If you ever have any contractor issues in the future, please send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

Original review: July 13, 2019

I’m a real estate agent and I know that getting a home warranty is a smart thing to do when you buy a home that’s been pre-owned. But with 2-10, it was hard to access my actual warranty information. It was hard to find out what we were covered for. We did finally figure it out. We found one of our documents that we got in the mail. We found out that we were covered for what needed to use it for. But when we submitted the claim online, we weren’t even really sure. We just knew we’d find out.

The contractor who came was very courteous and he seemed to figure out what was wrong with the washer fairly quickly. He did some extra diagnostics to make sure that he had found the problem. He also asked me questions and tried things on the washer. It came to a point where he knew the issue was a computer board but he wasn’t sure if it was one or the other or both. There’s no way to tell until you get working ones and try it out. So that was what he did. He went through 2-10, got permission and then ordered the parts. The whole process took about a week and a half but the experience was good and the washer has been working fine since then.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there, Lana, it is exciting to read that you have had such a positive experience with our company. We value your feedback and your continued business. Also, if you ever have any claim that you would like additional assistance with, please feel free to send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your support!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Original review: July 13, 2019

I had heard of 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty before when my dad bought his, so it was the first one that came to mind when we were buying our townhouse. The warranty has come in very handy because I've used it three times now. We've had an air conditioning issue, a garage issue, and a water heater issue. Submitting a claim has been easy. Their reps were all good and the quality of work that was performed was good.

When our water heater broke, and the plumber was great. 2-10 told me that they had 24 hours to respond, and the plumber responded and showed up right away the first day. They had to replace the water heater, and I was a little irritated because it took two weeks. It was kinda ridiculous to have to go through my neighbors and my friends to have to take a shower. And I was sending my kids to the pool. I kept checking back with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty and with the plumber. It was a matter of them having to order it from some place and then send it here and there. But overall, I'd still recommend 2-10. It saved me a couple of times, with the water heater. It was $100 service fee and then another $100 once the water heater came in for miscellaneous parts that didn't come with it. So, it was still a great deal. And it's a tankless water heater. So, for me, to replace a tankless water heater for $200, I would do it again in a heartbeat.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Dawn, it is exciting to read that you have had an excellent experience with our services. Thank you for your support. We value your feedback and your continued business!

Original review: July 13, 2019

We made a claim online through 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty when we had the year with our Realtor and it went well. The gave me an expectation on time which came in via the automated email. Then, I got a call from a company that 2-10 has contracted out and they came do the job, and I paid. It was easy. They were all polite and easy to deal with. They all knew what they were doing. All the jobs were done crazy fast. They did everything they were supposed to do and they went about their way. I've had no repeats. 2-10 is the way to go. I have already recommended a couple of people.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Devin, we are thrilled to learn that you had a timely and positive experience with our services. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support!

Original review: July 13, 2019

My water heater was leaking very badly and I had no water at all. I called 2-10 and they sent the guys out. The techs said I needed a new one and it got replaced. I usually pay just $100 but this time, the plumbing company charged me some extra fees that didn't really have anything to do with the water heater. They charged me a filing fee to have it inspected and they charged me more because I had an expansion thing on the top which was kinda silly 'cause they didn't even change that out. This wishy-washy experience wasn't because of 2-10 though. I'm very happy with them and I'm very pleased with my experience. In fact, I renewed my policy for another year.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Bonnie, we are thrilled to learn that you had a great experience with our services. However, we are disappointed to learn that you have had some problems with our service providers. If you ever have any contractor issues in the future, please send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

Original review: July 13, 2019

2-10 is a home warranty company that works. I've been with them for about 34 years and have had very good experience. They’ve always stayed. They’ve always taken care of any repairs that needed to be done. They had replaced two dishwashers for me, and now they’ve just replaced a built-in oven that quit working. They have service people come right out and fix the problem, and they do everything right.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Anneita, it is exciting to read that you have had an excellent experience with our services. Thank you for your 34 years of loyalty and support! We cherish your continued business.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: July 13, 2019

My experience with 2-10 is hit or miss. Sometimes, the contractor who was assigned does a great job. Last year, one of my air conditioners was not functioning properly and a contractor was sent to do the job. This person came, diagnosed what the problem was and actually fixed it. However, it turned out that the diagnosis was not correct. I called back and the person came again. It was the same person who did something that did not work. So, I called back 2-10 and told them that I did not want this company to come and fix it.

The air conditioner, at that point in time, was only seven years old. It’s a new air conditioner and it has got much more life than just seven years so, I did not want the unit to be damaged any further. This particular contractor was not qualified to do this job. Somebody else came and fixed it. Last summer, the air conditioner worked fine but it has caused problems again this year. I specifically called and asked for the same contractor who did it last time, because that person would know what he did last time. So he came and he fixed it. It’s working but not exactly to its full capacity. It doesn’t cool as well but I’m not inclined to open another ticket at the moment.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Sastry, thank you for your review. We apologize for the issues you experienced with our contractors. If you ever have a problem again with a contractor, please feel free to send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: July 13, 2019

We had multiple issues and I filed claims with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. We had an issue with our garage fridge, and then also the kitchen fridge failed. The garage fridge had crapped out in February from a freezing perspective. They have tried to fix it 10 different times. They replaced different parts in there. They redid the seal. They could not do it. They replaced the fan, replaced the motor, but none of it corrected the issue. Finally, the contractor finally made the decision with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty to salvage the unit. Whoever handled this at 2-10 didn't make any sense to me. I'm a business individual. The refrigerator was 31 years old. They should have salvaged it from the jump. With that being said, they decided they wanted to repair it and it probably cost them four times the amount trying to fix this thing and then salvaging it. It was silly.

This is a secondary fridge. And the fine print says they give up to $500 less parts that they used to try to fix it. And I got the difference between the two for a certain amount of money that they sent out via check and salvage the unit. Then I had to go out on my own and buy a unit. No unit cost the amount that I got. So I had to put in money to buy a new unit, and then have them deliver it, install it, and take the old one away. So it was a very stressful, frustrating call. It was going on for months and months.

I submit my claims with 2-10 both ways. I had previously been doing it online. But I found that I would rather speak to somebody directly so I can get somebody on the telephone and notate on the account. I'm about relationships. And I've been around long enough to know if you just submit a claim online, you don't know how long it's gonna take to handle it. I like that comfort of speaking to somebody.

The issue that we had with the two fridges going bad was that 2-10 Home Buyers confused the two issues. And that was why it took as long as it did. They confused the refrigerator in the kitchen with the one in the garage. And the refrigerator in the kitchen is a much more expensive unit. And they wanted to try to fix that one, but they were confused in the two issues. And it cost them a lot of money because of that confusion.

As far as the contractors that came out, Appliance Werks was one of my favorite contractors to work with. They're phenomenal. They worked on multiple pieces of equipment. I know Paul very well, Craig is very good, and Karen, who handles the day-to-day, scheduling. They all have priority to try to help you as quickly as possible. I really enjoy working with them. And they fixed multiple units in the house in the past.

At the same time, coincidentally, my main fridge went down. So we had no fridge. We lost hundreds and hundreds of dollars in food waiting for 2-10 to send the parts. A lot of other warranty companies allow the vendor to do the purchases. They go through a process where they have underwriters that make determinations on whether they should replace or repair and order a part. 2-10's timeframe takes way too long to do it. So the part showed up. The part was broken. That didn't work, so it failed. And Appliance Werks was great throughout the whole process. They kept me up to speed.

Overall, I've had no problems with 2-10 in the past. I actually renewed my membership with them based off of one individual, Omar. He was the reason why I am continuing to stay with them. He sat with me on the phone, the manager there, after all of this time, and finally got us some decisioning done. The wait and going back and forth with their team was atrocious. But Omar spent at least two hours with me, going through the two issues that we had on both fridges, and straightened out everything with the paperwork. And within 24 hours, he had a decision to replace it. With that being said, before Omar, I've been ping-pong balled back and forth between their purchasing department and their underwriting team.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We can understand your disappointment with the delays you dealt with regarding replacing your garage fridge. We appreciate your suggestions and will do our best to use the information you gave us to ultimately, improve our services.

Original review: July 13, 2019

I filed claims for my garbage disposal and the stove with 2-10 Home Buyers. They sent two different contractors that did a quick and great job. Even though it was two different specialties, one was a plumber and the other the appliance guy, they only charged me one deductible. They fixed it the same day they came out. It has been taken care of really well and the appliances are still working good.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Evan, we are thrilled to learn that you had a pleasant experience with our contractors. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support!

Original review: July 12, 2019

I bought my house in October, so since then I've been protected by 2-10. Submitting a claim with them was easy enough. I just call in. I was having issues with a gas water heater and tankless water heater combined. It was leaking and not turning on as well. I called 2-10 and put my information. And they had one company call me, but they didn’t do tankless water heater, so another guy called me. And then, someone came out and said the electronics were shot in it because of the tankless water heater. And it had a backup like a big water heater as well. And then, I don’t think the people really knew how to repair it as well, so they wrote me a check. I had my guys come out, and they ripped a lot of things out and put a new water heater in.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there, Ryan, it is exciting to read that you had a successful buy-out. Also, if you ever have any claim that you would like additional assistance with, please feel free to send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your support!

Original review: July 12, 2019

I called 2-10 for some issues with our swimming pool and the pool equipment. Then the rep told me it would be just one fee for $75 and the tech can look at both problems. When the technician came, I asked him 'cause he does pool equipment too. He has been here repeatedly and he has been wonderful. We also had an issue with the AC's fan motor and he fixed that. The AC has been working great since.

2-10 has been great 'cause the techs come and it's consistent. The experience is easy and efficient. We got 2-10 to make repairs easier and they know to call on people who are reliable. All our appliances are brand-new and our house is new and when something goes down, I don't have to worry about who I'm gonna call. 2-10 takes care of all of it. I've also recommended 2-10 to my sister when her AC broke down.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Victoria, thank you for the excellent review! We appreciate reading that you have also recommended our services to your family. Thank you for your support and continued business!

Original review: July 12, 2019

We've had 2-10 for 10 years and we've been extremely happy with them. We've had our home for 10 to 15 years so things started breaking down and 2-10 has been very good at helping us get everything fixed. I'm impressed with the process of just getting online and telling them what's wrong. They're good about getting back with me and making the appointments. All of their contractors have been good except one. 2-10 pushed me over to a new contractor to take care of it and then it was fine.

I had issues with my running water. Here in Colorado, I pay a lot for water and I knew that we needed it fixed as soon as we could otherwise, we were gonna lose money by running water. The plumber who came was great and I really liked him. All in all, 2-10 has been excellent and that's why I've kept them for 10 years. I have another house in Missouri and we have a different warranty there but they're not as good.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Marcy, thank you for your years of continued business and loyalty. We cherish your support! Also, if you ever have any claim that you would like additional assistance with, please feel free to send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW.

Original review: July 12, 2019

Whenever we needed service, 2-10 provided it. And their contractors seem to know what they were doing. Recently, we filed a claim because we had a water leak in our refrigerator and 2-10 gave us a point of contact for the contractors to come. The people then came and replaced the hose. Two days later, there was another water leak, but the original contractor didn’t have available time to return. So, I called in and new folks came to the house. The guy saw that the hose was damaged and he said he was gonna order again. So now, I’m waiting for them to call me back when the part comes in so they can come and install it.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Roger, it is exciting to read that you have had an excellent experience with our services. We value your feedback and your continued business! Please send us a message if you need any additional support.

Original review: July 12, 2019

2-10 is definitely helpful. For my first experience, I filed a claim for the same thing which is the water heater. I guess they had my information wrong because I never got a call from the contractor. So, I canceled it ‘cause it started working again. Now, it broke, and I had a really good experience ‘cause I actually ended up filing everything online instead of over the phone, so it’s a lot quicker. It's also super easy and they got back to me in about 20 minutes once I submitted the claim. I like the online service a lot better than the call in one. I had an issue when I filed my claim ‘cause I guess where I live, there are no contractors with 2-10 so I had to find my own. But it was pretty easy. I got a contractor to come fix my water heater, called 2-10 and let everything go from there. I've had 2-10 for about 2 years now and everybody that I talk to through customer service is really cool and really easy to work with.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Juan, it is exciting to read that you have had such a positive experience with our company. We value your feedback and your continued business. Thank you for your support!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: July 12, 2019

Before I bought my house, the seller was under an obligation to get a home warranty and he chose 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. We’ve had it since February 22nd and usually, I would go online when submitting a claim. The website wasn’t difficult and I was told that the contractor would get in contact with me. I didn't have a problem with the first claim I put in. They were prompt and quick. I loved it. The deductible was $100 and I had no problem with it. So, that was great. In my last claim, somebody dropped the ball. After the contractor initially came out, there was some confusion. 2-10 called me back and said that it was gonna cost this much and I said okay. 2-10 said they would order the hot water heater and then, I didn't hear anything for a week.

So, I finally called the contractor, and asked what was going on. They said they were waiting to hear back from 2-10. So, I didn't know whether it was with the contractor or with 2-10 but I was without hot water for a whole week. I ended up paying $800 to this contractor to get my hot water heater fixed, which was excessive. The furnace for downstairs is elderly and I don't trust 2-10 to come in there and not charge me $1000 to get it fixed through the contractor. I have since had my furnace covered by my local gas and electric supplier for $13 a month on top of the home warranty and they’ll do everything. Plus, I don't have a copay. I’ve never had a home warranty before and I'm not satisfied with my first experience with 2-10. I will not renew with them.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Stephen, thank you for your review. We apologize for the lack of follow-up you faced during this claim. If you ever need faster communication, please feel free to send us a private message to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Our agents are always standing by ready to help.

Original review: July 12, 2019

I usually work with 2-10 on anything that goes on with the breakdown around the house and their claims process was pretty streamlined. Plus, the reps were helpful and knowledgeable on detailing whatever was involved with what I was trying to get fixed. Usually, the contractor comes the next day. If I call on a weekend or in the evening, I will not get a contact until the following day, but I might see the individual the same day that they contacted me.

Recently, I went to submit a claim for the leaking water heater. I did it over the phone and the contractor who came out was really knowledgeable about the system. My unit was 35 years old and they replaced it. They explained to me what the conditions were when we did the replacement and the replacement was the same kind of system, but it had certain upgraded modifications applicable to what is available for water heaters today. I've been with 2-10 for five years now and I stay with them for their availability and the way that I'm able to set up the packages.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello John, it is exciting to read that you have had an excellent experience with our services. Thank you for your support. We value your feedback and your continued business!

Original review: July 12, 2019

Our refrigerator wasn’t giving us cold water or ice so I submitted a claim to 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty on the phone. The rep did okay and the tech who came out was very nice, very mannerly and very professional. We have to defrost our refrigerator, and since we don’t have an extra refrigerator, we were trying to empty out our refrigerator because we did have quite a bit of stuff in it. And that’s what we’re waiting on now. We are making sure the refrigerator is cleaned out and be able to defrost the back of the refrigerator. He wants to see the lines in the refrigerator for the water and the ice that he’s gonna work on. We'll just call him when we are ready. Nonetheless, I would recommend 2-10.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Rosetta, we are thrilled to learn that you had a pleasant experience with our contractors. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support!

Original review: July 12, 2019

I had a claim for a water heater issue and 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty repaired everything. I had them a few years back from purchasing my home to cover repairs like that. Their website was easy to use when I filed it online. They told me when to expect the contractors to come. And the last company they sent out was great.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Tameka, we are excited to learn that you had an excellent experience with our contractors and staff. Thank you for your feedback and your continued business.

Original review: July 12, 2019

I was really upset when I called 2-10 because their rep was giving me stories. The guy was saying that he didn't know me and he didn't recognize my claim. I haven’t gotten all of the money due yet, but finally, I think things worked out. I got to the actual consumer people, and the rep was really good. She called me and took care of it. I was really upset but she had patience with me. Now, we’ve gotten most of the checks already, and there’s still one more coming. So, I appreciate all that. I was just a little upset also that the technician who came out for my washer and dryer didn’t get the information to 2-10 in time like he was supposed to. All he did was come out and say that it can not be fixed. But he was a nice man.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Mitchell, we are thrilled to learn that you had an overall positive experience with our organization. However, we apologize for some of the issues you had with our staff. If you ever have a problem again with a representative, please feel free to send us a private message to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Our agents are always standing by ready to help.

Original review: July 11, 2019

My family recently bought our first home. We researched and called around to different warranty companies. We chose 2-10 Home Warranty because they appeared to have the best HVAC coverage. Our home has an older unit. We were told by the warranty company that if the unit was older than 10 years old they would replace it automatically if it stopped working. Turns out that was a complete lie. Our unit stopped working so we turned in a claim. We were told we would be contacted within 24hrs which did not happen. We had to call them multiple times. Took them over a week to get someone out. Then another few days before we heard anything else. Now they refuse to cover anything. This is a very dishonest company and I highly recommend not buying this warranty. It is a complete waste of money. We are highly disappointed in this company.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Bethany, we apologize for the stress and frustration you have felt from this recent denial. We will send in a denial appeal and see if we can overturn this decision. An escalation specialist will contact you shortly to discuss this further.

Original review: July 11, 2019

Do not do business with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. They were very slow to respond to my request when my AC went out. I was assigned several contractors and here I am 2 months later still with no AC. Some came out, some did not, and some took forever to diagnose. I have children, including an infant in my home and they do not care that it is almost 100 degrees in my home. I can't even sleep at night due to having to watch my children in the heat. We got two window AC units to help but this is a hot summer and they aren't helping much. I was "escalated" to the "escalation team" after leaving a comment on their page. They called me for almost a week to tell me they hadn't received a diagnosis from the company. They finally got the diagnosis and they told me it was not covered under warranty to fix the AC even though I have the HVAC plus and Enhanced HVAC as additional options.

When I asked about ending my services with them, they insisted that I had a "contract" that I never signed and pretty much sent me a brochure with my name at the top and a balance. Their tone was forceful when they mentioned "the contract". I pay them with the expectation of timely and professional service. Two months of no AC and a cop out for what's not covered by the company is unethical and unjust. I will be taking my business to another warranty company. This company has no problems taking customer's money but they aren't willing to help resolve their home issues. As others have stated, they are great when nothing is broken. Do not do business with them.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there Toni, thank you for your feedback. We can understand your frustration with your claim experience. We appreciate your review and will do our best to use the information you gave us to ultimately, improve our services.

Original review: July 11, 2019

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has been working out well. Submitting claims is easy. It's basically just calling. Their reps are all helpful and friendly. They set the service up for us and we wait. The contractors have been good and know what they’re doing. And they always let us know about the $100 deductible and always give us a receipt.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Jorge, we are thrilled to learn that you had a pleasant experience with our contractors. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support!

Original review: July 11, 2019

I had a plumbing leak and called 2-10. They had someone dispatched to come fix it. They had to go through the ceiling but without having the ceiling touched up, but I haven't heard from them. Other than that, the 2-10 reps were very nice and helpful.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there, Diane, we are thrilled to learn that you had a pleasant experience with our staff. Thank you for your feedback and please send us a message if you need any additional support.

Original review: July 11, 2019

We got the 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty for closing on the house. It was part of our deal and we’ve had it since November. I always have no problems getting 2-10 to schedule someone to come out. However, they work with but one particular company as far as plumbing goes and it’s a terrible company. We have a warranty so that we don't have to pay out of pocket except for the deductible and I've always been told that I could hire someone outside. However, I have to pay them and then get reimbursed, which is what I've done this last time. It was an issue that needed to be dealt with because the original plumbing company did not do their job. 2-10 has had the contractor out a few times and there was only one time that they came out and did something that actually worked after they were done but in my mind, that contractor did not finish their job. The contractors were lazy and didn't do what they were supposed to do.

This last situation, I called and they came out. They snaked and the issue was not resolved hours later. I called to get them to come back out because the job was not completed to my satisfaction. The contractors said they were not in that area except for a couple of days a week. So, they couldn't just schedule someone to come right back out here. I ended up having to contact 2-10 to see if I could get a hold of someone and I was able to get a contractor who actually knew what they were doing and wasn't in a hurry to get something done. 2-10 paid for it on the spot rather than me having to pay out of pocket. If I could get that contractor in an agreement with 2-10, I would use them all the time. They took the time to do the job and do it right. So, I would recommend 2-10 to people but I would not recommend to anybody the only company in my area that they have a contract with.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Jamison, we are thrilled to learn that you had a great experience with our services. However, we are disappointed to learn that you have had some problems with our service providers. If you ever have any contractor issues in the future, please send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

Original review: July 11, 2019

The house we bought is on the older side. It was built in ’73 and we felt it might have some problems. 2-10 was mentioned as an option by the Realtor and at first, we said no but then we decided it was a good idea. One thing that I wish though is that you could find your own contractors. We’ve had good luck with some and not so good luck with the others. My husband would file claims online but I prefer doing it on the phone. One time that I did it, it was all automated. We had another appliance that was having some difficulty and 2-10 sent us back to the same contractor that we had not been happy with at all before. That contractor did not work out at all. We were also told that once the claim was handed to the contractor, it was between us. But we couldn’t get hold of the people who had come in to make it right and the appliance was never fixed. We just went out and bought a new one.

Most of the contractor had been nice. But when choosing a contractor, you usually go by the advice of someone else. Someone has worked with them or they're someone that you personally know or it's a large enough company that has a walk-in type of store. But a lot of 2-10 contractors are not like that and if you do not have a place where you can walk into a store and confront the owners, then you have difficulty settling things. If they don’t return your calls or respond to your emails, you’re left hanging. One of 2-10's contractors was even from a small town that's 45 minutes away. We’ve used other contractors like that when we picked them but it’s been on the advice of somebody else.

We probably wouldn’t have gone back with 2-10 for the second year if it hadn’t been for the person who called to talk with us about it. We have her name so if things start going awry or not the way we want to, we’d have someone with 2-10 we can contact then she knows where to go or what to do or she would explain what’s going on or why it’s done this way. We had a little difficulty with something happening this past year but I was able to contact her and it went a whole lot better. I have been much more happy this time.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Diane, we are happy to learn that you are satisfied with our organization. However, we appreciate your feedback on our contractor's performance. If you ever have an issue again with a contractor, please feel free to send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I had a leak in my water heater. I called 2-10 Home Warranty and my interactions with their reps were good. I was very satisfied with them. They assigned a company to come out and look at the water heater, which they replaced, and my interactions with the contractor were fine. I also had an issue with another appliance but 2-10 wouldn’t help me with it because I called somebody else before we knew what the chain of command was. Other than that, everything is going great.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings, we are thrilled to learn that you had a great experience with your claim. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I've had 2-10 as my warranty for 15 years and the claim experiences have been very good. The only problem we had every once in a while was when we called in a problem, and they gave us a person or a company in Orlando, and they didn't come over where we were. And then, we have to call in much around, getting back and forth between them to do it. Some of the companies that 2-10 uses came over no problem, but some of them didn't. Whoever it is that calls up a company and gives them a job, they should ask them if they actually went over to that place. Also one time we had to wait because they were getting a part from China. But we're satisfied.

The online process seems to work fine, but once we find out the company, we don't really have an input to make a complaint about the fact that, "Hey, the people you told were gonna fix this don't come here." Whoever it is that sets it up, if they ask if they actually go to our area, it would help. Usually, 2-10 gives us another one or they ask us if we know one that will do it in that area. But the contractors were quick and easy, and two hours later, they were gone. The water heater has been very good as well.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Chauncey, we are thrilled to learn that you had a great experience with our services. However, we are disappointed to learn that you have had some problems with our service providers. If you ever have any contractor issues in the future, please send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Company Information