2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.75/5
Based on 2,863 ratings submitted in the last year

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has protected more than 6 million homes over 40 years. With a home warranty, when a system (heater, air conditioner, hot water heater) or appliance (refrigerator, stove, microwave) break due to normal wear and tear, homeowners are offered budget protection to complete the eligible repair. Seven out of every ten homes will experience a system or appliance failure yearly.

"LONG LIVE HAPPY HOMES®" says it all.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Gallery (6)
View More View More

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: May 15, 2020

2-10 should vet their contractors better. My water heater still isn’t here and I've been trying to get into contact with the contractor. Last week, he said that he would call me back in 10 minutes, but he didn’t. I then called 2-10 and they called him. He said that he was gonna call me and that he’d deliver Monday or Tuesday. But he didn’t do it. Yesterday and today, I contacted 2-10 again. They called and reached out to him today. He said that he was gonna call me in about five minutes. He still didn’t call, but because 2-10 called him, he texted me and said to call Tim, his assistant and the one who came out here. Tim called me back and was really negative about his boss. After this back and forth, I looked up the contractor and the stuff being said about them was very bad. I’d rather have another company get the water heater and pick it up.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Thanks for letting us know about the problem you’re having. We’ve notified our escalation team so that we can provide you additional assistance.

Original review: May 13, 2020

My realtor purchased this for me as a closing gift, and thought I would be safe with them as a single girl moving to a different state where I know nobody; boy were we wrong. About 2 weeks after moving my neighbor informed me that my shower (which is above their garage) was leaking and causing water stains on the cabinets. Scheduled a service for them to come out- took about 5 days. The contractor was here for 10 min, took my service fee ($100) and said they would have 2-10 call me because they wanted to make sure it was OK to cut a hole in the neighbors wall to see where leak was coming from. Long story short- contractor told them it looks like this has been an ongoing issue and they denied my claim. They now expect ME to pay for a second opinion, have that contractor call THEM and if it's possibly overturned, they will then schedule ANOTHER contractor to come out and fix my leak. Save your money and buy elsewhere.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

We’re so sorry about the experience you had. Though we hate to hear that you had such a negative experience, we’re glad you told us about it. We will go ahead and get this over to our escalations team and someone will be in contact with you before the end of the day.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: May 12, 2020

My ice maker was not working. A service representative came out and I was told that the manufacturer no longer made the part to repair the appliance. In this service call, it was noticed that the refrigerator was rusting from the inside/out. It caused wall and some floor damage. My service rep had 2-10 home warranty on speaker and said that the appliance would be replaced. He stated that it absolutely needed to be replaced and has been replaced through other warranty companies.

Well--the initial call to 2-10 was placed on May 5th. After repeatedly calling through May 12th, I finally received word that the claim was denied. They called this issue an internal shell problem!!! What???? I had an inoperable ice maker which caused this issue. Well guess what----because they are calling it an internal shell problem, this is not covered (excluded) from the warranty!!! Hello--it is actually an ice maker issue and I still do not have a functional ice maker. Oh--and the fix from the manufacturer would be over $700.00 and it doesn't fix the problem. I have pictures and all of this information recorded. DO NOT waste your money by getting a policy through this company!! You will be sadly disappointed!!!

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Cindy thank you for your response, we have sent this to our escalations team so they can look into this and provide you an update.

Original review: May 9, 2020

I like that with 2-10, I don’t have to worry about finding my own contractor. When the lights were blinking in a couple of my rooms, I filed an electrical claim. The tech who came was fine and the claim was closed because the lights stopped blinking for a few days, but the issue is back again. I tried to call 2-10 yesterday and today but it was hard to get through on the phone line.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Stephanie, thank you for the positive feedback. If there is something specifically that we can improve on, we'd love to hear about it. You can send us a private message at facebook.com/210hbw or call 800.775.4736 at your convenience, and we can discuss your specific problem and how we came up short in addressing it.

Original review: May 8, 2020

I first filed a claim under my Homeowner policy on April 22nd relating to a broken dryer. The contractor engaged by 2-10 came out to the property two days later and quickly determined that the dryer needed to be replaced. Over the next week, I checked in regularly with 2-10 but was told repeatedly that no diagnosis had been received from their own contractor so they could not begin working on processing the claim. When I would call the contractor, he would tell me that the diagnosis had been submitted on April 24th and the issue was on 2-10's side. After over a week of repeated calls, I finally was able to get 2-10 to acknowledge receipt of the diagnosis and was then told that I needed to wait 3 to 5 business days for a determination on the claim.

After waiting for the required period and receiving no update, I called 2-10 again and was told that 2-10 was disputing its own contractor's determination that the dryer needed to be replaced and needed more information from the contractor but had been unable to reach him. I then again had to track down the contractor on my own and ask him repeatedly to contact 2-10 and work through whatever issues needed to be resolved. After several more days of back and forth, I was finally able to get 2-10 to acknowledge that they now had the additional information they were looking for from the contractor. I again waited another few days before contacting 2-10 but am now being told that the claim was recently submitted to their "research" department for further processing and that it will be at least another 3-5 business days before any resolution.

All told, it has been almost three weeks that we have been without a dryer and there is no end in sight. I have called 2-10 approximately 10 times over the past three weeks and every call involves wading through endless menu options, being transferred to multiple departments (customer service, claims, purchasing, etc.), none of whom speak to each other, and being promised call-backs from supervisors that never come. The entire process seems to be designed specifically to delay processing claims and the entire experience has been one of the most frustrating customer service interactions of my life.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

We apologize for the experience you had. Though we hate to hear that you had such a negative experience, we’re glad you told us about it. We have sent this to our escalations team for review and you will be updated before the end of the day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Original review: May 7, 2020

I just got off the phone with this deceptive and dishonest company. My fridge broke and they no longer make the control board nor can you buy it to fix the fridge. They gave me two options, one to remove the board and send it off to be repaired (aka put a band-aid on it) or send me a check for $266 to go away. I would be without a fridge for an additional 14+ days until the board is repaired and reinstalled.

They refuse to replace the fridge. They stated that not having a fridge is not an emergency therefore will not pay to replace. I guess living in Arizona where it's already 100+ and dealing with COVID-19 makes no difference to them. Who needs dairy or meats to survive.. They are a heartless scam of a company. Also beware of all the 5-Star reviews on this site. They are most likely paid reviews to make themselves look good. Just look at Google reviews. This company has 1.5 Stars. It's hard to find any reviews over 2.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Sean, we’re sorry and embarrassed that you didn’t receive the assistance you expected. We’re already working to fix the issue and make it right.

We understand you’re upset, and we want to try to fix it. You’ve trusted us to protect your home, and we want to earn that trust back.We have sent this to our escalations team and will be in touch with you before the end of the day.

Original review: May 6, 2020

As far as submitting a claim with 2-10, it’s a little difficult when I search for the number because there’s a lot of spoofs put in ahead of it online and I end up calling the wrong person. I had to really read the fine print to make sure I’m getting a 2-10 phone number. I’m pleased with the rapid response that I get when I do call, however I’m a little displeased that I was told my well was not included on my coverage, and we got the supreme coverage. I want my well covered on a premium policy.

Generally, when I submit a claim on the phone, I’m told to expect the contractors out within 24 hours, and that they will send my contact information and I’ll get an email from the contractor. I wasn’t really pleased with the latest plumber who came. He did not do anything and told me my system was all right and I still have no water pressure. Without water pressure, there's no hot water. I know it’s not the well because we ran a flow test on the well and it’s 10 gallons per minute at the well and it’s two and a half per minute at the house. So, somewhere there’s a problem, and he said it was the well.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Thanks for your comments about your service request experience. We hate letting our clients down, and we want to try to make it right. We have sent this to our escalations team and we will be reaching out to you before the end of the day.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: April 30, 2020

Recently a 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty claim was made on our built in microwave oven. Judge for yourself and decide if we were scammed. I put a potato in the microwave while grilling outdoors. Upon re-entering the home, the house was filled with smoke. Apparently the sensor malfunctioned. The potato burned to ashes damaging the turntable shaft and gears. The inside of the oven was charred and the protective coating on the door melted. A call was made the next day to 2-10 and immediately a technician from S&Y Appliances (contractor) was sent out.

The technician was at my home less than 10 minutes and explained that 2-10 Home Warranty would not replace the unit BECAUSE it was still operational. Are you kidding me? Just because the microwave turned on, all is right in the world. Because of the failed sensor and evident damage, we felt extremely unsafe operating the appliance. We expressed just that, but he was adamant that that really didn’t matter. He stated that they may repair the damaged parts. He collected a $100 service fee and went on his way. 2-10 called the next morning to tell us our claim had been denied. Once again I reiterated that using the appliance was unsafe by anyone’s standards. According to the customer rep., the technician stated it was operational; therefore, the claim was denied.

The rep. said we could hire someone else to repair it at our expense, and they would review it. Our response was, "Of course. You scammed us out of the initial cost of the warranty and another $100 service fee." We replaced the microwave at our own expense. I will leave you with this question as a consumer. If 2-10 can leave this customer feeling this frustrated and unsatisfied over a built in microwave oven claim, what do you think their response would be to a much bigger issue? In the end, we will NEVER renew the warranty, and consumers BEWARE. The warranty is not worth the paper it’s printed on.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Tracy, we are sorry to read you were not happy with our company. We have sent this over to our escalations team for review.Please expect an update before the end of the day.

Original review: April 28, 2020

Not trustworthy. Inept internal lines of communication and customer service. I assumed a 2-10 warranty for a property purchased in Columbus, GA in January 2019. In December 2019 a sales agent employed by 2-10 reached out to me to renew my coverage. I renewed the coverage which in 2019 covered the entire building (4 individual units) but in 2020 appeared to only cover one despite assurance from the sales agent that the coverage would not change.

I filed a service request on March 30, 2020 to repair my AC. The following week, I received a message stating that a new air handler would be delivered by March 16, 2020. I called the company contracted to install the equipment on March 17, 2020 and was informed that 2-10 told them to not install as the claim was under review. After calling 2-10 multiple times I was told that the part was being shipped and would arrive on or around April 24, 2020. After confirming it did not arrive, I called 2-10 and learned that the claim was under review again. Furthermore, I was told the reviews department could not receive incoming calls and thus, I could not reach the individuals involved with the approval. I will also file complaints with the GA, CO, and CA Departments of State.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Joshua, we’re really sorry for the inconvenience, we will get this over to our Escalations Team for additional assistance.

Original review: April 27, 2020

I've been with 2-10 for five years and overall, they've been fairly responsive. They have a large enough network of the provider of services so when one doesn't work out, I can switch to another one. I have eight properties all together for my account and I use their website quite a bit but it doesn't show history. Particularly at tax time, If I had to go out to the 2-10 website and do the taxes and expenses for that year, I couldn't find history at all. Also, just this week, I called a guy who performed an AC service the week before. I wrote his name down and I had used them for different properties.

As for contractors, it's up to me to select them which is good. But when I call, their system will automatically assign a contractor. Even if I enter the name of the contractor, their system still sends me to somebody else. I have to ask them specifically to switch to the contractor of my choice because I know the guy is doing a good job. It's saving money for both 2-10 and myself. At one time, one of my tenants was very upset because it took three weeks to come and take care for the last minute. They ended up having no AC in a 90 degrees heat and I had to scramble to find somebody else.

I hope 2-10 would fix the system so that I can see history and I can select the contractor I used to work with. They also keep on raising the price even for properties with no claims. If it's just one house, it's okay. But I have the rental plus my own home here so I need to shop to keep the costs down. But for their service reps, once they're on the phone, most of them are very pleasant to deal with which is great.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

We’re sorry and embarrassed that you didn’t receive the assistance you expected. We’re already working to fix the issue and make it right.

If you’re willing, we’d like to have a quick one-on-one discussion about the issue you had. You can send us a private message at facebook.com/210hbw or call 800.775.4736 at your convenience, and we can discuss your specific problem and how we came up short in addressing it.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Company Information