1.1/5 (80 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has protected more than 6 million homes over 40 years. With a home warranty, when a system (heater, air conditioner, hot water heater) or appliance (refrigerator, stove, microwave) break due to normal wear and tear, homeowners are offered budget protection to complete the eligible repair. Seven out of every ten homes will experience a system or appliance failure yearly.

Find Home Warranties, Service Plans partners near you

Pros

• Structural warranties for new homes
    • Flexibility in selecting service providers
    • Provides essential coverage
    • Roof leak coverage available

Cons

• Service call fees can be high
    • Some state restrictions

Bottom Line

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has plans to cover appliances and systems for all homes and structural coverage for new homes. While coverage isn’t as extensive as other providers, 2-10’s plans are slightly more affordable than the competition.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

If you told me you would either give me a one year renewal of 2-10 free or give me a dollar and punch me in the face, I'd consider the dollar and the punch a better value. Contractors take days to even respond, customer service is useless unless you enjoy sitting on hold for some reason, and I consider them overpriced for the value they give.

For an example, this morning at 6:40 am I submitted a service request as a pipe had burst or was leaking to the point I had to turn off all water in my home. At 10:30 I finally got through to customer service who told me they could do nothing and it may be 3-5 business days (today is Friday). At 10:45 am I called a local plumber, at Noon I had someone at my home who was able to restore water to all but one commode by working around a problem that can't be fixed immediately as it requires tearing up flooring.

I am typing this at 7:30 pm and 2-10 has not yet assigned a plumber to provide service. It is almost a game to see how long they take now. During July they routed my air conditioner service request to a company that was closed for 3 days and made getting it reassigned an ordeal. They also spam you like crazy when your renewal gets close despite doing nothing to earn repeat business. I look forward to never doing business with this company again.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

I only gave 1 star because I had to. I have had a home warranty for many years. When we moved, we switched to 2-10 Home Warranty. Long story short - it takes them MONTHS to process a claim. You will hold for HOURS to speak with someone who is unable to give an update or help. Communication throughout the claim process is nonexistent. Website is not helpful at all. Escalations are ignored completely. They will offer pennies to fix or replace a unit leaving the consumer to pay for the warranty, the service call and out of pocket for the new unit.

This company is horrible. They do not follow through with what the policy states, customer service is terrible, and communication is a black hole. There is a serious reason why they have a 1-star rating here. I believe every single one of the reviews... As a customer I can tell you it is as bad as you are reading. Seriously, it is shocking that they are still in business. Senior leaders should all be fired for allowing business to be conducted in this way. NO INTEGRITY. Buyer beware.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

I have had to call the customer support line 5 times to reset my portal access and it is still not working. Every time you call you get a recording saying they are experiencing higher than normal calls. This is every time I've called in the past 5 years. Every year they also go up on the rates even if I have not made a claim.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

Everything about this company is horrible. It's been 3 months since we issued a service call and they couldn't fix our fridge. I have called over 5 times and they promise to call back and never do. Finally they said they would give us a check for $350 because they can't fix our fridge even though our policy states $3,000. $350 doesn't help us at all with a broken fridge. They are a fraud company.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

Months after moving into our home we started having oven problems. 2-10 was contacted and they sent a repair person to diagnose/fix the problem. That didn't work and a part was ordered. I called and left messages to find out why it was taking so many weeks to get the part. Since the repair company failed to let me know what was happening, I had to contact 2-10 directly.

When the part was finally replaced it still didn't work. They ordered another part and after waiting weeks again, we were told that the part is no longer available. I was told that they would give me $185 toward a new oven. Since I had already paid $100 for the service fee, this offer was ridiculous. We then called our realtor and after many calls and demands, they paid us a total of a little over $900. In the contract, it states a replacement of up to $3000. They would not honor that. On our own, we had to buy a new oven and it was a lot more than the $900. Very disappointed with this company.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

Built in wall oven stopped working. They could not find the parts so they offered me a $600 buy out and suggested that I find the parts or replace the oven myself. Well the problem is if they can’t find the part they how would I? The replacement cost of the oven is over $3,000 ny including install and removal. So the very first time I use this company I come up $2,400 short. Bottom line: The warranty cost about $600 so if I would have just not had a warranty, I would be in the same place. Try American Home Shield. I had them for 16 years with no issues like this.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I called 2-10 Home Warranty and explained that I needed an expensive part, so I was transferred to "Claims" where I stayed on hold for two hours before hanging up. I believe once they found out the price of the part, they sent me to the graveyard of calls where nobody from 2-10 answers the phone and the customer doesn't get helped. Even though I had full home warranty coverage, I ended up paying for the part myself which is what I'm sure they wanted. 2-10 Home Warranty is worthless. They'll sign you up in a hurry, then abandon you.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

We bought our home NEW in December 2020. Within 6 months the plaster/stucco was cracking and falling off the foundation, so I filed a claim and it come back excluded. My workmanship warranty runs out in December 2021, so I filed a list of small complaints for workmanship and again for the plaster/stucco cracking and falling off. Everything is coming back excluded except for cabinet drawers not closing properly. What is the use of having a warranty that covers nothing? Especially when the damn stucco is falling off of it. The only reason we have this warranty is because it come in the buy of a new house from the builder. I don't have anything good to say about them either at this point. Request Number: **. Request Opened: 11/10/2021

Warranty Effective Date: 12/18/2020 Item Details Date Added Status Item Details
    1 Finishes: Caulking in both bathrooms, several paint spots that need touched up, outside skim coat on on foundation is falling off 11/9/2021 Excluded Details
    2 Cabinets and Vanities: some cabinet drawers not closing with the self closing mechanism. one drawer is not lined up properly 11/9/2021 Reported Details
    3 Foundation and Concrete: skim coat on foundation is cracking and falling off 11/9/2021 Excluded Details
    4 Electrical Components: light fixtures in master bath have rust on them 11/9/2021 Excluded Details

5 Carpentry and Framing: right hand swing door was used in master closet. Either the wrong door was used or the light switch was put on the wrong side. We shouldn't have to close the closet door to turn the lights on/off 11/9/2021 Excluded Details

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Builder of our home purchased a 2-10 New Home Warranty as part of the original purchase contract of our home. We filed a claim with 2-10 for various repairs around construction and workmanship. It took legal counsel to compel them to even respond 6 months later. It is now over a year and they still have not performed on any of the repairs. Additionally they have stopped all correspondence. 2-10 NEW HOME WARRANTY IS ABSOLUTELY USELESS AND NOT A WARRANTY.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

Shortly after moving into my home I had a water leak that was causing the ceiling in my garage to fall down. I called on Friday and they told me they would have someone there by early the next week. Obviously I couldn't wait and they wouldn't allow me to seek my own help. I called a local plumber and they came the same day and fixed the problem which was behind the drywall in my laundry room.

I had a similar situation with a toilet leak. The ceiling in my Rec room was dripping water and messing up the ceiling. I called, they said a couple of days for a service call. Fortunately I'm handy enough to see the toilet problem and shut off the toilet. This took weeks for resolution. Finally my range had problems with the igniters continuing to click when the burners were lit and the oven was running 50 degrees too hot. I called 2-10 and they sent out a repairman who located the problems but couldn't obtain the parts. He said 2-10 would buy a new unit for me.

After many weeks of delays and my many follow ups I was told that their purchasing guy decided my range was a professional unit so it wasn't covered. I have received no explanation of what a professional range is. They won't return my emails and to my surprise I discovered my claim was marked closed. They did have the one toilet rebuilt and a snake job on another toilet but that took too long.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

Updated on 11/16/2021: Microwave/Convection oven broke 8-19-21. 2-10 dispatched A&E (Sears) to repair. Parts not available so after nearly 2 months parts finally arrived. A&E fixed microwave. Microwave breaks 2 days later. Reschedule A&E again (through 2-10) for 11-16-21. On day of appt., A&E informs me that there was a service call fee of $249. I informed them that this was through warranty company 2-10 and that it was to fix their work from before. Nothing they can do as it wasn't submitted correctly through 2-10. Now I have to start over and try to get 2-10 to reschedule appointment. This usually takes weeks. So if new parts are needed and I have to wait another 2-3 months for repair, then this is not good. I am now looking at 6 months to repair microwave.

Updated on 11/03/2021: I provided an earlier review about 1 week ago on the horrible experience with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. I am writing today to update my experience. As of my last review, my HVAC system, which broke on Oct. 3, 2021, was waiting on a part to be delivered with an ETA of 10/26/21 to my assigned contractor. It never arrived. I received another notice claiming the part was now scheduled to arrive at my assigned contractor on 11/2/21. It never arrived. Of course the only way to find this out is many many calls. My assigned contractor does not answer their phone or return messages and 2-10 keeps you on hold forever (currently on hold for over 1 hour). 2-10 customer service reps always promise resolution but give you nothing but a promise of 1 more week.

Then you try to escalate to "purchasing department" and they give you the same empty promises. Then you ask to elevate to a supervisor and they can only call you back but never do. You escalate the situation online in the 2-10 web portal and the Escalation Department promises callbacks in 2-3 days, but of course no one ever calls, or if they do it a customer service representative again. And so the process goes on with the customer spinning his wheels wasting time with no resolve. Use your common sense if you choose a Home Warranty company and be realistic with your expectations. My realtor has offered to write a blog in my area Association of Realtors newsletter sharing this experience in reference to home warranties. It's not all bad, but this experience has been the worst.

Original Review: I've been with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty since I purchased my home several years ago. Until recently we had only an occasional minor issue. Of course I pay them handsomely every month for this service. However, in August 2021 our convection oven/microwave went caput. 2-10 dispatched a repair technician (that took a couple weeks until they arrived) who diagnosed that 3 parts were needed to repair. On September 9 the service company ordered the parts. I did some prior research and knew that there was an issue with parts for this item.

A few days later I received communication stating that the parts were delayed. Knowing that there was an issue getting parts, I asked how long until we could look at other options and they said 21 business days. As of a few days ago (October 7), the service provider determined that parts were unavailable (go figure). They uploaded this news to 2-10 for resolution. 2-10 has not provided any follow up to me and every time I call them (and wait on hold for ever) they state that they are still searching for parts and offer me a small cash out option to replace the unit myself. Keep in mind that we have been without our built-in convection oven/microwave since the middle of August.

Based upon my research, their cash out option is about 1/2 of the actual cost to replace. In order for me to get resolution, 2-10 would like me to not only provide a significant amount of cash out of pocket to replace what should be covered in full under my warranty plus continue paying them $75 a month for their service plus pay the service technician fee of $100. I told 2-10 I do not want a cash out option at half the replacement cost. As of one of my recent conversations (October 11), they are still looking into options.

Based upon this experience, I'm not quite sure what I am paying for with 2-10 home warranty. The item broke and parts are not available. Should I have to wait 6 months or 9 months for the parts? No one at 2-10 is able to provide me with a timeline on parts or if they are going to replace the appliance as they need 7 additional business days to review (tick tock tick tock - remember that I had to wait 21 business days to get the parts that never arrived). I suppose situations happen but just imagine if you were a 2-10 home warranty customer and in the heat of the summer your refrigerator or air conditioner went caput.

Nearly 2 months later and still no resolution. This is definitely not a seamless process. Lots of calls made to the service provider and to 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. Nearly 2 months of this and still no resolution. Very disappointed. Microwave finally fixed 10-27-21, nearly 2 ½ months later and hours and hours of telephone calls and stress.

I decided to add this to my complaint with 2-10 Home Warranty. While I was waiting on resolution on microwave, my central a/c unit broke. The a/c is only 5 years old so even though I found this unusual, I thought fixing a broken part in a newer a/c unit should be easy. Was I wrong. I've spoken and texted my contractor on over 15 occasions and called and spoken with 2-10 Warranty even more and we seem to be spinning our wheels with no resolve or follow through here too.

To begin, the temperature has been in the mid-80's and my wife and I and our animals are feeling the heat. As with the microwave situation, I escalated the claim because neither the a/c vendor nor 2-10 Home Warranty seems to know what’s going on. My contractor, Atlantis Heating & Air said she has spoken with 2-10 several times and claims that 2-10 promised to have escalated the claim. The last promise was that the part (s) were to be "overnighted." That was at least 1 week ago. No confirmation on this from 2-10 as every time I call 2-10 to confirm or to get an update, there seems to be no or very little communications documented in their system regarding conversations with my contractor or a status update.

The latest conversation with 2-10 had them saying a new contractor had to be called because the other one quit. Every call to 2-10 is like starting over and every 2-10 rep promises action. I've also spoken with the 2-10 Purchasing Department and receive big promises with the same lack of follow through or resolve. When I ask 2-10 Home Warranty to transfer me to a supervisor I always get the answer that they are not available, but they promise a call-back within a couple hours. Of course, this never happens.

2-10 Home Warranty has fallen to bad home warranty company. Unfortunately, they charge higher rates than the others but provide equal or lower service than the much less expensive companies. Do yourself a favor and pay less for the same crappy service with someone else. Still no a/c repair and we are approaching 1 month since I called 2-10 home warranty. God forbid you have these issues with 2-10 home warranty in the heat of the summer.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

I have a home warranty with 2-10 and I went to put a claim in, Here let's start for the beginning. On August 25th my Grandmother passed away. On August 30th my air conditioner went out. My Grandmother's funeral was on Sept. 3rd. So August 30th when I went to put my claim in it said there was a credit hold. But my account is on auto pay and they had taken the payment but never took off the credit hold. So I called but you know it was a holiday weekend so there was nobody working who could help. So I used a out of network person and they had to replace my A/C.

Well when I called after the holiday the gentleman spoke with in accounting say it was a glitch in their system and said he would lift the hold that he could understand why it had did that, that I was paid up. So he sent my call to claims so I could get some of my money back. I have given them the invoice and everything that they have asked for, I'm still waiting to hear from anyone but everytime I call they tell me a supervisor will contact me in 4 hours which never happens.

This company is terrible. No customer service whatsoever. No supervisors around at all. I still have yet to hear from them. I spoke with a lawyer and this is not the first time they have been in trouble for this. So my next move is filing papers against this company. My mother and step father have owned the same kind of business on the east coast The Lights, and my Mother is the one who told me if they don't reimburse me some of my to take them to court. She paying for my lawyer. THANK YOU. CAREY

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

Our central air wasn’t working, so I called 2-10 warranty co. They scheduled two different service contractors but neither showed up. I was told to hire a private contractor, and I would be reimbursed. After originally joining 2-10 for $700.00 per year, I paid $272.00 to the private contractor. When I requested reimbursement for the ac fix, I was told that $30.00 was what they would pay. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

They sent out the worst contractors and they try and find ways that you pay more and 2-10 pays little to nothing I had a A/C unit that would not cool. They would cover the price of a new A/C unit but I needed to pay for a new furnace because they were too cheap to buy the A/C unit that went with my working furnace. Trust me you do not want to do business with 2-10. You read the reviews and believe me it is worse than what people say in their reviews. They will lie to you, they will never call you back, you will wait for hours on hold because there are so many people calling in just like you and you will be lied to. I called so many times. I started to get someone I talked to before and lied to again. I spent over 9 months to get nothing done F$$$ 2-10.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

The sellers who sold us our new home purchased this home warranty for us as part of the sales contract. Needless to say we will not be renewing. We've only had one claim which was submitted in July for replacing a breaker (it is now mid October). Because of how poorly implemented their own software system is they sent a plumber. Once we all realized the wrong person was sent they had to send in an electrician. The plumber however got very aggressive and demanded that we pay for his visit no matter what. The electrician on the other hand was following up with me once every 2 weeks and it would text me the night before telling me that he'll come over tomorrow morning as if my schedule was widely open.

The people that they contract with are absolutely the lowest of the low in terms of professionalism and more than likely knowledge. How could I test the knowledge when there was such lack of professionalism? Whenever a rep from 2-10 promised to call back I never got a call back. The whole thing has been a joke and now the warranty is about to expire and our claim is still yet to be resolved. Home warranties are scams to begin with and 2-10 doesn't fail to disappoint.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

DON'T BOTHER! Even if they do happen to cover your issue, you will not be able to reach anyone or get any help. SCAM! We bought a new home and this warranty was provided by the builder. I am sure that they purchased the lowest option to check a box. I accept that fact. Website does not work and all offices are closed on the weekends. 22 minutes on hold with the first phone number. Told me to call a second phone number. 25 minutes on hold with the second number.... 1.5 hours later, total of 4 phone numbers. No result and not covered anyone because of a technicality. Shame on me for even trying to reach out to them to ask if something is covered.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

Do not do business with 2-10 home warranty. It is a complete scam. We filed a repair claim for our refrigerator on 8/23/21. The repair tech came out 2 days later. He claimed that he needed to order a replacement part and that he would be back with us by the end of the week. After two weeks of no response to calls from us we reached out to 2/10 for assistance. They claimed they would escalate the issue and that we would get a response in 48 hours. After 4 days we attempted to call for an update again. 2/10 has gone dark. When we call they give us the run around. They will not let us talk to management. They will not give any update about what they are doing to resolve our warranty claim.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

On 08/28/2021 I filed a claim for a covered HVAC ECM blower motor replacement. I have filed claims in the past for pluming/HVAC repair and the contractor that was sent out was extremely rude and intimidating to my wife. He did not know what he was doing in regards to the HVAC system and wanted me to pay him out of pocket for what he diagnosed as a non-covered repair. When I received a second opinion at my expense, it was discovered that the repair should have been covered. On this claim I refused to allow the same contractor in my home. 2-10 informed me that they do not have any other contractors in my area so I have to use an out of network contractor. They authorized me to do so with a starting amount of $400.

The actual cost of the repair was $1505.95. I have made several attempts to get 2-10 to authorize the full amount of the repair. They are only offering $605.00 minus $75.00 service fee for a total of $530.00. Not once have they asked for the part number to verify the actual cost of this part but yet they are stating a price that they would have paid. Furthermore, every time I have called they have informed me that my claim has been escalated and someone will be contacting me back soon. I have never had a return call. I am demanding a full reimbursement of the cost of repair paid by me in the amount of $1505.95.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I'm on my second year with 2-10 home buyers warranty. Up until this last situation I was pretty pleased with their services; however, I recently found out I had a gas leak happening in the control valve of my furnace. Something covered by them. It's almost October in Colorado, and the nights are now getting down to the low 40's, so it's starting to get pretty dang cold. For safety, Xcel energy turned the gas to my furnace off until it can be repaired.

I immediately contacted 2-10 and put in a service request. The contractor I was dispatched to is a week out from any availability. Xcel energy told me to let them know I'm without heat and that my case was labeled Hazardous which should, in theory, escalate my case. After the first dispatch, I reached out to 2-10 at the first contractor's suggestion to have them reach out to another contractor who has earlier availability. Let me just tell you, that was the moment when everything started to fall apart.

My first call to 2-10 started well. The gentleman heard me out, and placed me on hold, offering to contact all the local in-network contractors to find an earlier appointment to then dispatch it out to. After 20 minutes on hold, I was disconnected. No one called me back. So I called back. The second woman decided that it was not HVAC that needed to handle this but a plumber. I explained that Xcel confirmed it was HVAC, as well as the first contractor who I had spoken with. She placed me on hold saying she was going to verify her information, and came back confirming it was a plumber, because it was the gas line. Hesitant, I went with her suggestion, and they dispatched a local plumber.

When that plumber called me, he laughed and confirmed that in on circumstances would a plumber be the professional for this job and suggested I reached back out to them. By the time I did, he had already declined the case. When I explained to the third person that I needed to communicate the urgency to the dispatch team, they informed me they had no way of doing so. They had NO internal communication from Customer Service to dispatch and the best I could do was continue going through this same cycle. So I asked to speak with a supervisor, and they "escalated" my case.

Four hours later, another person called and informed me that this was correct. They could not communicate with dispatch. The alternative is that I could reach out to my own local professional, pay out of pocket, and submit the bill to 2-10 and hope that it would get reimbursed. They apologized and told me they could pass my feedback on, but that they had no official way to provide feedback to any type of management or development team. I will be taking this into consideration when it comes time to renew, and likely going with another company, even if it costs more. Know this. If you go with 2-10 and you end up in an urgent situation, you very well may be in a bind.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

This company will do anything in their power to spend the least amount of money possible at the customer's expense. They have absolutely terrible communication/updates to the claims.. And every time you call, you will be on hold for at least an hour. We have had three claims with them for our HVAC and have been told it should be replaced, but they continue to do fixes and then a few months later - it goes out again. So we continue in the circle even though we were advised when we purchased the warranty that they WOULD replace the HVAC if needed.

Next was our refrigerator which stopped cooling. We placed a claim almost one month ago and it is still not resolved. They first claimed they would repair it even though the contractor they sent out recommended a replacement. They were supposed to send parts but after 10 days, the parts had not even been sent. I finally call and the rep got in contact with the contractor and determined that we actually DO need a replacement and not a fix. That it would be 3-5 days until we hear options for replacement. Fast forward 10 days later and I still have not heard anything so I call back and wait on hold for an hour.

This lady reviews the claim and says that it was denied but should not have been because she knows that the issue is covered... as she has been there for 8+ years and has seen several refrigerators replaced with this exact issue. So she gets her supervisor involved and informs me it will be send back a second time to be reviewed AGAIN. On their online portal, the progress of this claim says "Appointment Set". No one contacted me at all to tell me any of this. We have been going on a month now without a refrigerator and have already had to purchase a mini fridge. Save your money and time and go with another company.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

I contact 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty on August regarding my range. I submitted another request on August 13. The contractor came out and said it was the control board and the igniter and would have to order the parts. He came back a week later with the parts but the stove still did work. He said he was going to contact home buyers warranty and let them know he need a knob. The following weeks since August 15 we have not heard from the contractor. Have contracted 2-10 home buyers warranty several time and again today to hear the same thing obtains over about trying to reach the contractor by phone and email and the service contractor. Mind you my wife and I have health issues, cancer and high blood pressure where you can’t eat fried foods. My children have been cooking and bring us food my mother-in law has been cooking food and it has been now a month without an oven to cook.

This should not have taken this long to get an oven fixed. We are told maybe Monday or Tuesday you should hear something and today still nothing but told the person's e-mail is full and no diagnosis were put in the portal. This is truly poor service and if it were you I’m sure you would not wait that long. It has been frustrating dealing with them and nothing resolved. So we are still waiting to get my oven fixed and nothing happening to get it resolved. I have them a zero for service on this service.

Today is September 16 and to this day a month later still no gas oven working. We can’t eat fried food every day as it is very unhealthy for my wife who is now having stomach issues. All I want is my stove oven fixed. We were not offered a new oven to replace this one. The stove has been in the house since we brought the house in 1998 and have been with to 2-10 home buyers warranty all that time up to present and have never experienced nothing like this ever before. We can never speak to a manager to talk about the gas oven • this has been unfair to me and my family trying to fix and buy food daily for their parents. Something needs to be done. We put in a request August 13 and Acer Technology came out. I signed a paper for recommendations on August 18 and have not seen or heard from the contractor and have to keep calling the home buyers warranty to hear the same thing told over and over again. As of today STILL NO OVEN FIXED

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

If I could give 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty, their customer service and supervisors a negative 10, I would. I purchased the most expensive plan (Everything Together plan) for $550 per year. On Sept 1 my water heater started flooding my basement. On Sept 2nd, at the end of the day, I called to see if my service request had been dispatched. The gentleman told me that there wasn't ANY contractors within a 90 mile radius to service my water heater. He advised me to call my own contractor and contact them in the morning with a diagnosis.

On Sept 3rd, my contractor spoke with this warranty company and explained my water heater was beyond repair. AFTER replacing the water heater, they told me they would not cover it because I had CHOSEN to get my own contractor. NOT TRUE AT ALL! They stated they would only cover $468 of the $1185 bill. Even more frustrating considering I pay more for the coverage than they're willing to reimburse.

Later in the day on Sept 3rd, I had called again and informed "Tiffany" that I would like a copy of the Quality Assurance calls from 09/02 proving the representative TOLD ME to get my own contractor. After being on hold for over 45 mins, she stated that she had spoken with her floor supervisor and agreed that there WAS NOT someone in my area and that they would note my account to pay the entire bill. On Sept 13th, I received a check for $468.

AGAIN, I call, being placed on hold for over an hour on every one of these calls... I explained to "Deon" that 2 separate individuals agreed that there was no one in my area and that I would be reimbursed. So now, I ask for both recorded phone calls so I can take this to court. After another hour, he came back and told me I would have to get legal counsel for the quality assurance phone calls. I fully intend on pursuing this for principal purposes! BE AWARE!! DO NOT PURCHASE THIS WARRANTY COVERAGE!!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

I contacted 2-10 on August 3rd due to the air conditioner not working at all. They came out and stated I needed a new compressor. They said they ordered it and it would take a few days. After a week I contacted them, because I received no notifications and the status of my request was not updated on line. They said they ordered the wrong compressor and had to reorder the right one. I called several times again and no one could assist. They had no idea what was going on. Keep in mind every time I called, I was on hold for 40 minutes to over an hour just to be able to talk to someone. I just want people to know that this service is horrible, and I believe they just did not want to pay for the compressor. Very sad to go without air conditioning for over a month in Florida in the month of August. I absolutely will not renew their service.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

The contractor came to my home on August 13th, said that the issue with my fridge required a part. So they needed to order it and he’d be back out next week when it came in. August 15th, my fridge goes completely out. The freezer and fridge side, so when he comes back out on Wednesday, August 18th, he tells me that the fridge is beyond repair and that he’ll be submitting the diagnosis to 2-10. Well that didn’t happen until Monday, August 23rd! So I was told it had to go to the determination dept and I’d be notified of the decision within 3-5 days. Well, after not hearing anything for 3 days, I called on Thursday, August 26th and was told they decided to repair the refrigerator, instead of replacing as recommended! & they had to call the contractor to get additional information that was not on the initial diagnosis submission.

So at this point, I’ve been two weeks with no refrigerator due to mis/lack of communication between the contractor and 2-10! So they submit the new information to the determination department and I have to wait another 3-5 days for a determination. & the most frustrating part is that I’m only finding out information because I’m calling. The portal was never updated and I was never notified of any decisions! & since then, I still don’t have a refrigerator and today is August 31st! So needless to say, this has been the worst experience!!! My family has been out of so much money between having to constantly buy ice, eat out or throw away leftovers because we don’t have anywhere to store it! Not to mention having to throw away all the food in my fridge and freezer! & there’s been no offer to compensate nor a rush to get this issue resolved! If I could give this rating 0 stars, I would! 2-10 has been the worst home warranty company I’ve ever dealt with!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

I've had this warranty agreement for 6 months and decided to call regarding my home needing ductwork. My agreement clearly states it's covered. After the HVAC service technician came out and charged me $75, they never called me back. I called days later and was told it wasn't covered. Needless to say, I canceled my service.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

Purchased a home in December 2020 with a 2-10 Home Warranty, Policy (Supreme Coverage Included). On April 6 we contacted 2-10 that the refrigerator was not staying cold. 2-10 Home Warranty sent out a contractor three times for repair before it was diagnosed unrepairable. On August 23, I was informed the refrigerator will be delivered on October 26, 7 months since the refrigerator stopped working. To replace my refrigerator $2,7K, 2-10 Warranty offered refrigerator $1,6K. Company representative suggests I take the cash buyout of $1,2K to resolve the issue. Extremely dissatisfied and disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

DON't DO IT. I bought a $600 warranty expecting to pay a $90 service call if something broke. Well it did. My refrigerator freezer. I called 2-10 and couldn't reach anyone but was able to submit a claim on their portal. An appliance repair person came out and diagnosed the problem. He said they would order the parts or 2-10 would pay for a new fridge. 10 days later, I had not heard anything so I called the appliance guy and he said 2-10 was not going to authorize the parts replacement and would most likely give me credit for a new or replacement fridge.

I had not heard anything from 2-10 so I called them. I listened to a recording for 35 minutes that said my call was very important to them. I missed 5 work calls while I waited. I was unable to stay on the phone because of an appt. I called again 2 hours later-was on hold another 35 minutes when I finally got to a customer service agent who said his notes conflict with what the repair person said. So, I am sitting here on hold, waiting for him to come back with a resolution. 45 minutes on hold this time. So if you're looking for a great company, look elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

Home A/C unit went out last year so we called the warranty place to help us out. They sent someone to replace a breaker. A year later the same unit went out AGAIN. The warranty company sent a repairman 3 days later. What they should have replaced last year has now completely failed. Now we are STILL waiting for repairs on a house that has now reached 90 degrees inside. It is the middle of summer in Texas but they simply do not care. Spend your money with someone who cares.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

This is the worst warranty company ever...I have been through 3 vendors...the first vendor refused to do the service based off the company recommendation, the 2nd vendor never called to schedule me, the 3rd vendor has been working going on 3 weeks trying to get my AC fixed. I have been without AC since Aug 9. 2-10 warranty ordered the wrong part. Their agents have NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT, THEY DONT READ DAMN NOTES, THIS IS THE WORST DAMN COMPANY.....I have had them for the last two years, only 2 services dealing with my AC, paid premiums upfront, this was is the first time I have had an issue, let's just say I will NOT BE GOING BACK WITH THEM OR REFERRING THEM...PEOPLE, STAY AWAY!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

We researched 2-10 and thought we were getting a decent home warranty company. We live in Alabama--heat, humidity. We turned in a request for a repair to the AC TWO MONTHS AGO. The AC is totally non-functional. The contractor blames 2-10, says they never ordered the parts. The warranty company blames the contractor. No one answers the phone for 2-10, wait times to speak to a human being are over a half hour on a good day. The paint on our walls is bubbling up from the humidity and heat. We have had to buy two room AC units to survive and to be able to sleep at night. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY FOR YOUR HOME WARRANTY WORK. We are still waiting for help. . . .as of August 23, 2021.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Company Information