Find a Home Warranties partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has protected more than 6 million homes over 40 years. With a home warranty, when a system (heater, air conditioner, hot water heater) or appliance (refrigerator, stove, microwave) break due to normal wear and tear, homeowners are offered budget protection to complete the eligible repair. Seven out of every ten homes will experience a system or appliance failure yearly.

Find Home Warranties, Service Plans partners near you

Pros

• Structural warranties for new homes
    • Flexibility in selecting service providers
    • Provides essential coverage
    • Roof leak coverage available

Cons

• Service call fees can be high
    • Some state restrictions

Bottom Line

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has plans to cover appliances and systems for all homes and structural coverage for new homes. While coverage isn’t as extensive as other providers, 2-10’s plans are slightly more affordable than the competition.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

Home A/C unit went out last year so we called the warranty place to help us out. They sent someone to replace a breaker. A year later the same unit went out AGAIN. The warranty company sent a repairman 3 days later. What they should have replaced last year has now completely failed. Now we are STILL waiting for repairs on a house that has now reached 90 degrees inside. It is the middle of summer in Texas but they simply do not care. Spend your money with someone who cares.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

This is the worst warranty company ever...I have been through 3 vendors...the first vendor refused to do the service based off the company recommendation, the 2nd vendor never called to schedule me, the 3rd vendor has been working going on 3 weeks trying to get my AC fixed. I have been without AC since Aug 9. 2-10 warranty ordered the wrong part. Their agents have NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT, THEY DONT READ DAMN NOTES, THIS IS THE WORST DAMN COMPANY.....I have had them for the last two years, only 2 services dealing with my AC, paid premiums upfront, this was is the first time I have had an issue, let's just say I will NOT BE GOING BACK WITH THEM OR REFERRING THEM...PEOPLE, STAY AWAY!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

We researched 2-10 and thought we were getting a decent home warranty company. We live in Alabama--heat, humidity. We turned in a request for a repair to the AC TWO MONTHS AGO. The AC is totally non-functional. The contractor blames 2-10, says they never ordered the parts. The warranty company blames the contractor. No one answers the phone for 2-10, wait times to speak to a human being are over a half hour on a good day. The paint on our walls is bubbling up from the humidity and heat. We have had to buy two room AC units to survive and to be able to sleep at night. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY FOR YOUR HOME WARRANTY WORK. We are still waiting for help. . . .as of August 23, 2021.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

My dishwasher came loose from the cabinet and the door wouldn't shut so I thought I would use my 2-10 warranty for the claim since it was broken. They sent Tech 4 Services to repair it. He said he had to submit paperwork and have them order the part - took my $89. My claim was denied. Per 2-10 the tech told them it was never attached (he gave me the bolt that came loose and said to put it in the drawer so it was clearly attached and had passed home inspection prior). They said he also told them it was a pre-existing condition and to deny my claim. I asked for a review as it was attached when I moved in. They again denied it. I called the tech to find out why he would lie and he told me that they were lying and he didn't write any of that in his report. So stay away from both companies - they clearly work together to deny claims and take your money.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

I have been with them for 3 almost 4 years. They started out great, but every year their customer service and policies degrade the quality of the warranty. Usually every year they call and we negotiate the warranty. This year they put me on automatic renewal without my consent and signed me up for the highest plan. They have nearly double what I had paid. Completely unethical. I lost my job during COVID. There was no number to call and cancel. I tried for weeks. No answer. I was livid but thought I would just get through the year.

Unfortunately, I actually needed service and learned their unethical policies extended to how they provide service. My air conditioner went out in summer. I had to wait a week for a contractor who spent ten minutes, took my $100 service payment (all of their prices went up) and then refused the service because he was in negotiations with them. He said their prices were too low for him to make money! He told me to buy a window unit and "hole up" until they work it out. Called immediately and they said I had to wait for him to submit his diagnosis. He had 24 hours to do so.

A week later he had not submitted, because he is just collecting the service fees. 2-10 said I could keep waiting or pay for another contractor to come out. I asked why I would be responsible for paying another contractor. They said that was their new policy. How long would I have to wait? No telling. I am on my own. There is no point to having a warranty that doesn't provide service when it is needed. That is what I have. What is the purpose of having a time limit on the contractor. I know now he knew the system better than I did. He was scamming the scammers. He did share a list of home warranties that quickly provided service. 2-10's response was that it is my problem to deal with.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

If you are someone researching whether you should work with this company or not, here is my honest experience working with 2-10 as a customer that I wish I would have known before choosing them.

If you want the short version:

They put you on hold for extremely long times (each call averages around 2 hours) before anyone will speak with you, EVERY single time you call. They make it extremely difficult for you to get an item replaced (months) and then after months of dealing with them they will lowball offer you the worth of your appliance which at best will cover just a little over 50% of the cost to replace an item. I would highly recommend NOT working them.

If you want to read the full version here it is:

My attempt is to share my experience not from an emotional perspective but from a factual perspective so you can understand what it’s like working with this company. Previously, I had a problem with my microwave, it was a pain to get them to replace it, it took months, they blamed the repairman for the problem. Finally it got replaced and I gave them the benefit of the doubt that it was indeed the repairman causing the problem. So I renewed with them.

Then months went by and I had an issue with my washing machine and requested a service provider through 2-10 Home Warranty to fix it. On June 2nd someone came out. I paid a $100 fee for someone from A&E Factory Service (AKA Sears Service) to look it over and diagnose the problem. The service provider said a panel interface malfunctioned in the washer (the part is called interface 261108182717). He told us he couldn’t immediately find the part on his initial search and he would have to send it to his team to do a deeper search which would take 21 business days (keep in mind not 21 days, 21 business days). He sent this on June 7th for them to do the in depth research. I was informed it wouldn’t be until July 7th that anything could be done. So one whole month without the washing machine. I spoke with their service technician Anne, Id number 300232 if you are interested. I hear absolutely nothing from A&E or 2-10.

I contact them on July 7th at 1:42pm EST to get an update. I spoke to Chris the service technician with an ID “**” from A&E. He told me the part I needed was no longer manufactured and could not be located. At this point they will let 2-10 know the part is no longer in production and not available. I was told it would take 24-48 hours for 210 to receive it and they should have it by July 9th the latest. They assured me the work order was already submitted but they would submit again.

I then called 2-10 and spoke to Christopher L. in the purchasing department on July 19th at 6pm when a significant amount of time went by with no word from 2-10. Christopher assured me based on the details of my case I would get a full reimbursement for the retail value of my washer (this will be important later). And then he told me the repair person didn’t submit anything to 2-10. I told them I’m stuck in the middle, they said, "They reported you said you didn’t receive it," what do I do? Based on how long the time took, Chris told me there were no other service providers in my area and I needed to go out of network to find a contractor to diagnose the problem (this would be my cost to do, not 2-10). I had to find another contractor and have them submit the problem with the washer again and then their Outbound ream will review the claim and process the replacement in 3-4 business days.

On Monday July 26th I submitted the paperwork submitted to me by the out of network contractor I located per the instructions of Chris to their online portal. I waited until Friday July 30th at 5:30pm EST (5 business days later) to check in and was transferred to Brayden H. who told me that I needed to speak with someone in their purchasing department to cover major repair authorizations and was transferred to Erica at 6:47pm EST, Erica said she didn’t have the invoice that my out of network contractor provided. I told her I could email it to her but she told me she couldn’t receive any emails so she had to locate it herself. She put me on hold until 7:20pm EST and then hung up on me. When I called back there was no answer and no one from their team tried to call me back.

On August 4th at 12pm EST I called again and spoke with Morgan O. from the 2-10 purchasing department, She needed a diagnosis and I told her the model number and serial number of my washer and that my out of network contractor submitted on July 23rd, Morgan called the out of network contractor to verify the diagnosis. She told me she sent the information to the back office for review for replacement and it would take an additional 7 business days. I was assured the diagnosis had been put in and submitted and there isn’t nay other information needed to be submitted.

We received a call from Angela stating they could give us an offer for our Machine on Friday August 13th. I called on Monday August 16th, at 6:45pm EST (during their business hours since they are on MST) and it was told they were not open. On Tuesday August 17th, my wife called to hear the offer and they offered $531 to replace the washer. The retail value of my washer is $899. She asked why there was a difference in what they were offering and retail value of the machine and they explained they have a $1,000 max replacement minus labor, repair and part costs.

They also told us they magically found this part that was missing and it would take 10 business days for them to find it so we could wait another 10 business days for the part to arrive and then schedule a time for someone from A&E to replace it or we could just take the $531. This seemed odd that after all this time they “magically” found the part that is no longer in production. Then I looked at my agreement I noticed my date for renewal was 9/4/21.

I realize they are most likely trying to keep pushing me off so they can say my service is no longer covered unless I renew or something like that. Seems like a hustle to me. They keep pushing you off until you just replace it on your own to not deal with problems they will create. I also started doing some math. It costs about $933 for their service but if they will only replace appliances at a maximum of $1,000 minus the cost of labor, repair and parts costs so you are always going to pay more per year than they will ever cover.

I am extremely dissatisfied with my experience with this company and highly recommend saving yourself the time and frustration and ultimately low ball offer they will give you if they do offer to replace your item. I realize they make YOU pay a $100 deductible to have the repair person come out initially to diagnose the problem so your out of pocket cost is actually at least $1,033 per year, I believe 2-10’s hope is that the repair person can fix the problem that ultimately YOU will pay for out of pocket on the first visit. If they have to replace an item, they will waste dozens of hours of your time keeping you on hold, telling you to wait and call back and then only if you stick with it long enough they will give you a lowball offer to replace an appliance.

We had to go over 2.5 months without a working washer and they kept stringing us along that they would do right by us. In the end it took an incredible amount of time and frustration just to get offered cash that only covers less than 60% the cost of replacing my washing machine. I took meticulous notes because of my first experience with 2-10 hoping it was a fluke but it seems it wasn’t. Based on how they treated me both times, I would recommend not trusting this company to do as they advertise they would. I hope my horrible experience with them and me sharing will save other people the money and time working with a company who doesn’t have your best interest at heart.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

This company sucks..hands down! I have had leaks in my house and I had opened a service ticket like 3weeks ago.. Someone came in after 3 days to check.. Took the service fee $89 and then said we need to get the parts and 2-10 has to approve it.. Now it's been 3 weeks 2-10 has still not approved the parts.. And I am tired of calling them being on hold for hours.. and then being transferred to multiple departments and no one has any ** idea here.. and they would then just randomly disconnect the call.. I am never buying this insurance again and would not recommend to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Paying the extra money for extra coverage for the HVAC system is NOT worth it, especially if you have old system. Our is 12 years old and we knew it was on the older side when buying our home, hence getting our home warranty. We've had it serviced a few times already but it still hasn't been functioning properly and then the compressor finally went bad. Thinking with its age, it would make sense to replace the outdoor unit instead of just replacing the compressor (especially since R22 compressors and refrigerant has been banned from further production). Then was told that the purchasing/parts department take 3-5 days to do the required research to approve any parts being ordered. However, they didn't take any time in deciding to just replace the compressor since it was ordered the same day the contractor sent in the diagnosis.

Because of Covid, it has been even more difficult to get the compressor part in, we have now been without AC for 2 weeks in 100 degree weather. Granted, this is no fault of the company, but the home portal only gives so much information. To get more info on the ET of when our unit is getting fixed, I have to call. The hold times for 2-10 are ridiculous! Out of the multiple representatives I've spoken to over the past week, only one was super nice and understanding of our situation (I'm also 8 months pregnant). We have also not been pleased with the contractor that the warranty company has chosen to go with since they were too slow with relaying proper information to the warranty company. After further looking, this contractor has many of the same complaints, but 2-10 continues to use them. So we will be cancelling our coverage with 2-10 as soon as possible.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

Horrible Experience! 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty provides absolutely awful customer service and has more exceptions and non-covered items than they cover. There is no direct connection to their leadership and no way to escalate concerns or urgent needs.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

This company has been running me around in circles for a month all while my AC is out in the hottest part of the summer. They sent more than one company out knowing the claim would be declined each time, just so I would have to pay $200. No one could keep their story straight when I would call to find any information out and I ended up paying out of pocket for my AC to be fixed because of their miscommunication errors. They were unprofessional and I got a different answer from every person I talked to. I was also very rudely hung up on several times while trying to figure out what to do to fix this situation and put on hold for over 2 hours on multiple occasions.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Company Information