3.71/5
Based on 3,266 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty provides homeowners financial protection, knowing the unexpected may be expensive. With a home warranty, when a system (heater, air conditioner, hot water heater) or appliance (refrigerator, stove, microwave) break due to normal wear and tear, homeowners are offered budget protection to complete the eligible repair. Seven out of every ten homes will experience a system or appliance failure yearly.

As an accredited home warranty company by the Better Business Bureau, 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has protected more than 5.8 million homes over 38 years.

"LONG LIVE HAPPY HOMES®" says it all.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Gallery (6)
ABBB Rating
View More View More

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

I do my claims with 2-10 either through their automated system or by phone call. Normally, I use the automated system as I can get through and put it in pretty quickly, and then I normally get a call back within that day if I do it early morning, and then go throughout the process from there. The contractors all seem vetted and they're all good and did a good job. Having 2-10 for my property is very valuable. My house is about 14 years old, so that's really when a lot of major components start breaking. So, it's good to have the warranty to help cover some unexpected cost.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Daniel, it is exciting to read that you have had an excellent experience with our services. Thank you for your support. We at 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty value your feedback and your continued business!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

We had a gas water heater claim. The contractor came by and said that we needed a new water heater, and then he talked to 2-10 and handled everything. I didn’t have to make any other phone calls or be transferred 5,000 times. He said that 2-10 would cover it up to this much. We had to pay $300 on top of what 2-10 covered but for a brand-new water heater, we were okay with that. He was really good. He just would text message me when he was getting close to the house and he always showed up when he said he was gonna show up. He was easily accessible if I had any other questions. Definitely recommended him. The claim was very easy and everything worked out perfectly.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Mia, we at 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty are thrilled to learn that you had a pleasant experience with our contractor. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

Having 2-10 has been priceless. Submitting a claim was simple, easy and convenient. I did it over the phone because it was my first time to file a claim and I didn't understand how to do it online. The claim was with the air conditioning system and we haven't had to use it since they've been out.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Jamese, we at 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty are thrilled to learn that your air conditioning claim went smoothly. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

We contacted 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty to fix out furnace on 9/27, our current best case scenario will be to have it fixed by 12/5 (70 days.) Customer service is atrocious with no compassion or regard for safety. One tech let me know he had been kind to me since he refrained from yelling - a sad standard indeed. Additionally, they hire questionably competent contractors (ours had "heating" misspelled on his card) but then are happy to blame delays on them. This has been a painful experience and long experience.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

There has been an issue with my heating and gas system so I called 2-10, and then the contractor company came out and called me then took care of it while I was at work.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Sara, we at 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty are thrilled to learn that your claim went smoothly. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

When putting a claim, it's extremely easy. I do it either on the phone or internet. It's fantastic. And everybody's been really good. I would be an advocate for 2-10 and would love to do a commercial for them.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Thomas, we at 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty are thrilled to learn that submitting a claim is extremely easy. Thank you for your feedback, advocacy and your continued support.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

Submitting claims is usually an easy process but this recent time when I called for the AC unit, the contractor they gave me didn’t call within two days. So, I called the contractor and he told me, “Oh, we no longer work with them.” I had to call 2-10 back and get a different contractor, and that person called me within 2 days and we set up the service. Then, he came out and had to replace the motor or some belt thing. So, it took a little backwards and forwards to get it done. Still, I'm satisfied with 2-10.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Beverly! We are thrilled to learn that you had a great experience with our services. However, we are disappointed to learn that you had some problems with our service providers. If you ever have any contractor issues in the future, please send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your feedback and support.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

We've had 2-10 out to repair the dishwasher four times. We had them out once this year already and called them again. I said, "I should get my $75 back since this is the same problem you were out for earlier in the year.” They said that my contract renewed in August so it was a new deductible. I told them that I spent $300 just in deductibles to have them out here four times and that I'm about ready to just get a new dishwasher. The repairs were gonna cost $504 on a $500 dishwasher so I got the cash-out option. It has been two weeks, but it’s supposed to take three. I ordered a dishwasher through a family member that gets discounts on Whirlpool so the dishwasher has already been replaced.

I have a current claim for the pressure reducer valve for the water coming to the house from the water meter. They will cover the valve replacement but they won’t cover the digging for around the valve. It’s not much digging, but the plumber estimates that it’s gonna cost $475 for them to dig. I've got this super-premium package with add-ons, so the valve is covered but I gotta spend $500 for guys to dig around it to replace it. That’s messed up and doesn't click. I may get a cash-out on that and have a licensed plumber replace the valve with me doing the digging. I won’t be responsible for $475 worth of digging then.

They’re very responsive, which is good, but they get you on the fine print. If something is covered, it should be covered, especially within the same calendar year. I paid the deductible the first time they had somebody come out, but the dishwasher has never worked right so all of that should’ve been covered under the same deductible. I never should have had to pay the second, third, or fourth deductible on it. When things are covered, they send out decent people to fix things, not somebody with a broken-down truck that doesn’t speak English. This dishwasher was a huge anomaly. Everything else has gone fine.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

The gas water heater unit was not heating, so I submitted the claim over the phone. The rep I dealt with was so good. The contractor had to get a part, which he was able to do within a decent timeframe. A year ago, I've had issues with 2-10's contractors, but for this recent issue, the contractor was a little better. Our experience, overall, went great.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there Emad, it is exciting to read that you have had such a positive experience with us at 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. We value your feedback and your continued business. Thank you for your support!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

My sister-in-law suggested 2-10. The process when I filed a claim for the heating system, a gas one, was good. Also, the guy knew what he was doing and fixed it.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Ray, we at 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty are thrilled to learn that you had a pleasant experience with our contractor and that submitting a claim went smoothly.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Company Information