3.63/5
Based on 2,049 ratings submitted in the last year
Call toll free
(800) 743-4210 Visit Website

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty provides homeowners financial protection, knowing the unexpected may be expensive. With a home warranty, when a system (heater, air conditioner, hot water heater) or appliance (refrigerator, stove, microwave) break due to normal wear and tear, homeowners are offered budget protection to complete the eligible repair. Seven out of every ten homes will experience a system or appliance failure yearly.

As an accredited home warranty company by the Better Business Bureau, 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has protected more than 5.8 million homes over 38 years.

"LONG LIVE HAPPY HOMES®" says it all.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Gallery (6)
ABBB Rating
View More View More

3872 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

There was water coming out of our water heater and it was filling up buckets of water. I went online to file a claim with 2-10 and it took 2 weeks for a contractor to come out. They said they were booked up. It took a couple of hours for them to fix and they did what they were supposed to do.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I made an online claim at 2-10 for my water heater and it went fine. The tech that came out did good and the service was done right away. He also communicated very well. The original water heater was 15 years old, so they had to replace it. Now my water heater is working outstanding. Everything went smoothly for me.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Toni, we are thrilled to learn that your recent claim went smoothly. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I called 2-10 to file a claim and their process was okay, but it was always a little weird when they hand the phone to the plumber and it’s back and forth. The plumber had to talk to the warranty people, but I understand that they have to verify things. The amount of coverage that 2-10 provides is crazy small. They only cover slightly more than 1/3 of what the repair actually costs. They should cover around 40%.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Robert, thank you for your feedback on our coverage. We want to assure you that we do not always cover a 1/3 of the repair cost. Depending on your contract, the extent of damage to your unit, and the number of claims you have had to repair your unit, you may have more or less coverage available. If you ever have any questions on the logistics of your coverage, please feel free to send us a private message to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Our agents are always standing by ready to help.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

There was a leak in our gas water heater. We found much water in the basement coming from the bottom of the water heater. And so, we submitted a claim with 2-10, and they sent out a plumber. He said the water heater was leaking, they did paperwork to get approval to replace it, and then they ordered one, and then, they sent the plumber out again.

I've been protected with 2-10 since November of 2017. We bought a new house, and the warranty was part of the contract. I submit claims on 2-10's website. It's not very user-friendly. Every time I go, I have to search for how to actually submit a claim. I do it on my phone. And the screen isn't that big, and maybe it doesn't display things in the same way it would on like on a computer. So I don't know if that's part of the issue, but it's not an obvious link right there when you log in, for submitting a claim, which is what I wanna use every time I go there.

Also, you don't get a timeframe immediately on when a contractor will be out. They tell you you can expect to hear from the contractor within the next 24 hours, assuming the next day is a business day. And then, you'll hear from the contractor. Then, it's a matter of getting it scheduled. It can take longer than you like to get something scheduled when you have something urgent going on. The interaction with the contractors varies substantially. We've had several calls altogether, through 2-10 Home Warranty, since we got the house. And some of them had been great, some of them haven't been as good.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there, we are thrilled to learn that you had an overall positive experience with your plumbing claim. We do, however, apologize for some of the issues you faced with our website. If you ever need any additional assistance, please feel free to send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your feedback, and we will do our best to use this information to improve our services.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

We bought a home and 2-10 was the warranty that came with it. Making a claim was super-easy as the website was pretty easy to use. Although what I needed for the plumbing wasn’t on the website, I called and they easily put everything through for me. We had one contractor come out for some plumbing stuff, and it was great. When the second one came out, they didn't communicate with us quite well. Apparently, the contractor came out the next day after we had submitted the claim. He said he knew exactly what part we needed. He just had to go to his warehouse and get it. He said he’d be back the next day, and he never called or came back the next day. Then the day after, 2-10 called to tell me that apparently, the part was no longer available because the fridge was too old, and that we would have the option to get the buyout price for it. Overall 2-10 has been great.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Aimee, we are thrilled to learn that you had a pleasant experience with our services. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I'm very pleased with 2-10 and would recommend them to anybody. They've sent out people to fix certain plumbing leaks and the leak in the pool area. They’ve done wonderful on that. But there were two occasions that we called and their voice recording was horrible. It was like a broken record on the other end and bad disconnection. There was something funky going on with their lines. Another concern I had was with the garage door opener. The guy who came said it would be covered under the warranty. We ended up paying out-of-pocket because of what was fixed which was a motor issue. But my husband was still dissatisfied with the work that the guy did.

Other than that, everything else has been great. Contractors were quick in the turnaround and getting out to the house, even the locksmith. But we have to address the issue about the garage door opener ourselves. We paid out-of-pocket for the motor. Otherwise, I've been very pleased with the people 2-10 had sent out to get stuff done, how easy the claims process was, and how quick 2-10 responded to us as a client.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Terry, we are happy to learn that you are satisfied with our organization. However, we appreciate your review of our contractor's performance. If you ever have an issue again with a contractor, please feel free to send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I've been with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty ever since I got the house in 2008. When I submit claims, I like talking to somebody and always call over the phone. When I had a leaking water faucet, the time it took to get a contractor out was very reasonable. The contractor did an awesome job. They came out on a Thursday and ordered the faucet. Then they were out the next Tuesday.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Keown, we are thrilled to learn that you had a pleasant experience with our contractors. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

My mother was having issues with her dryer and I helped her. I went online and filed a claim with 2-10. A contractor came pretty quickly and he was good. 2-10 had to replace the dryer so a buyout was done. That process went smoothly.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Sheryl, we are thrilled to learn that your recent claim went smoothly. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I called 2-10 because of an issue with my water heater. The part of the contractor coming out for service was pretty quick. But the whole process took forever. Once the thing finally got approved, there were some questions about one of the tubes. Other than that, my water heater was replaced.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

The claims process with 2-10 has been excellent. However, they've sent me people that are maybe 100 miles away when they could've sent somebody who was within this area. That has happened twice but the issues got taken care of in a timely manner.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Company Information