Find a Home Warranties partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has protected more than 6 million homes over 40 years. With a home warranty, when a system (heater, air conditioner, hot water heater) or appliance (refrigerator, stove, microwave) break due to normal wear and tear, homeowners are offered budget protection to complete the eligible repair. Seven out of every ten homes will experience a system or appliance failure yearly.

Find Home Warranties, Service Plans partners near you

Pros

• Structural warranties for new homes
    • Flexibility in selecting service providers
    • Provides essential coverage
    • Roof leak coverage available

Cons

• Service call fees can be high
    • Some state restrictions

Bottom Line

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has plans to cover appliances and systems for all homes and structural coverage for new homes. While coverage isn’t as extensive as other providers, 2-10’s plans are slightly more affordable than the competition.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

I have been with them for 3 almost 4 years. They started out great, but every year their customer service and policies degrade the quality of the warranty. Usually every year they call and we negotiate the warranty. This year they put me on automatic renewal without my consent and signed me up for the highest plan. They have nearly double what I had paid. Completely unethical. I lost my job during COVID. There was no number to call and cancel. I tried for weeks. No answer. I was livid but thought I would just get through the year.

Unfortunately, I actually needed service and learned their unethical policies extended to how they provide service. My air conditioner went out in summer. I had to wait a week for a contractor who spent ten minutes, took my $100 service payment (all of their prices went up) and then refused the service because he was in negotiations with them. He said their prices were too low for him to make money! He told me to buy a window unit and "hole up" until they work it out. Called immediately and they said I had to wait for him to submit his diagnosis. He had 24 hours to do so.

A week later he had not submitted, because he is just collecting the service fees. 2-10 said I could keep waiting or pay for another contractor to come out. I asked why I would be responsible for paying another contractor. They said that was their new policy. How long would I have to wait? No telling. I am on my own. There is no point to having a warranty that doesn't provide service when it is needed. That is what I have. What is the purpose of having a time limit on the contractor. I know now he knew the system better than I did. He was scamming the scammers. He did share a list of home warranties that quickly provided service. 2-10's response was that it is my problem to deal with.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

If you are someone researching whether you should work with this company or not, here is my honest experience working with 2-10 as a customer that I wish I would have known before choosing them.

If you want the short version:

They put you on hold for extremely long times (each call averages around 2 hours) before anyone will speak with you, EVERY single time you call. They make it extremely difficult for you to get an item replaced (months) and then after months of dealing with them they will lowball offer you the worth of your appliance which at best will cover just a little over 50% of the cost to replace an item. I would highly recommend NOT working them.

If you want to read the full version here it is:

My attempt is to share my experience not from an emotional perspective but from a factual perspective so you can understand what it’s like working with this company. Previously, I had a problem with my microwave, it was a pain to get them to replace it, it took months, they blamed the repairman for the problem. Finally it got replaced and I gave them the benefit of the doubt that it was indeed the repairman causing the problem. So I renewed with them.

Then months went by and I had an issue with my washing machine and requested a service provider through 2-10 Home Warranty to fix it. On June 2nd someone came out. I paid a $100 fee for someone from A&E Factory Service (AKA Sears Service) to look it over and diagnose the problem. The service provider said a panel interface malfunctioned in the washer (the part is called interface 261108182717). He told us he couldn’t immediately find the part on his initial search and he would have to send it to his team to do a deeper search which would take 21 business days (keep in mind not 21 days, 21 business days). He sent this on June 7th for them to do the in depth research. I was informed it wouldn’t be until July 7th that anything could be done. So one whole month without the washing machine. I spoke with their service technician Anne, Id number 300232 if you are interested. I hear absolutely nothing from A&E or 2-10.

I contact them on July 7th at 1:42pm EST to get an update. I spoke to Chris the service technician with an ID “**” from A&E. He told me the part I needed was no longer manufactured and could not be located. At this point they will let 2-10 know the part is no longer in production and not available. I was told it would take 24-48 hours for 210 to receive it and they should have it by July 9th the latest. They assured me the work order was already submitted but they would submit again.

I then called 2-10 and spoke to Christopher L. in the purchasing department on July 19th at 6pm when a significant amount of time went by with no word from 2-10. Christopher assured me based on the details of my case I would get a full reimbursement for the retail value of my washer (this will be important later). And then he told me the repair person didn’t submit anything to 2-10. I told them I’m stuck in the middle, they said, "They reported you said you didn’t receive it," what do I do? Based on how long the time took, Chris told me there were no other service providers in my area and I needed to go out of network to find a contractor to diagnose the problem (this would be my cost to do, not 2-10). I had to find another contractor and have them submit the problem with the washer again and then their Outbound ream will review the claim and process the replacement in 3-4 business days.

On Monday July 26th I submitted the paperwork submitted to me by the out of network contractor I located per the instructions of Chris to their online portal. I waited until Friday July 30th at 5:30pm EST (5 business days later) to check in and was transferred to Brayden H. who told me that I needed to speak with someone in their purchasing department to cover major repair authorizations and was transferred to Erica at 6:47pm EST, Erica said she didn’t have the invoice that my out of network contractor provided. I told her I could email it to her but she told me she couldn’t receive any emails so she had to locate it herself. She put me on hold until 7:20pm EST and then hung up on me. When I called back there was no answer and no one from their team tried to call me back.

On August 4th at 12pm EST I called again and spoke with Morgan O. from the 2-10 purchasing department, She needed a diagnosis and I told her the model number and serial number of my washer and that my out of network contractor submitted on July 23rd, Morgan called the out of network contractor to verify the diagnosis. She told me she sent the information to the back office for review for replacement and it would take an additional 7 business days. I was assured the diagnosis had been put in and submitted and there isn’t nay other information needed to be submitted.

We received a call from Angela stating they could give us an offer for our Machine on Friday August 13th. I called on Monday August 16th, at 6:45pm EST (during their business hours since they are on MST) and it was told they were not open. On Tuesday August 17th, my wife called to hear the offer and they offered $531 to replace the washer. The retail value of my washer is $899. She asked why there was a difference in what they were offering and retail value of the machine and they explained they have a $1,000 max replacement minus labor, repair and part costs.

They also told us they magically found this part that was missing and it would take 10 business days for them to find it so we could wait another 10 business days for the part to arrive and then schedule a time for someone from A&E to replace it or we could just take the $531. This seemed odd that after all this time they “magically” found the part that is no longer in production. Then I looked at my agreement I noticed my date for renewal was 9/4/21.

I realize they are most likely trying to keep pushing me off so they can say my service is no longer covered unless I renew or something like that. Seems like a hustle to me. They keep pushing you off until you just replace it on your own to not deal with problems they will create. I also started doing some math. It costs about $933 for their service but if they will only replace appliances at a maximum of $1,000 minus the cost of labor, repair and parts costs so you are always going to pay more per year than they will ever cover.

I am extremely dissatisfied with my experience with this company and highly recommend saving yourself the time and frustration and ultimately low ball offer they will give you if they do offer to replace your item. I realize they make YOU pay a $100 deductible to have the repair person come out initially to diagnose the problem so your out of pocket cost is actually at least $1,033 per year, I believe 2-10’s hope is that the repair person can fix the problem that ultimately YOU will pay for out of pocket on the first visit. If they have to replace an item, they will waste dozens of hours of your time keeping you on hold, telling you to wait and call back and then only if you stick with it long enough they will give you a lowball offer to replace an appliance.

We had to go over 2.5 months without a working washer and they kept stringing us along that they would do right by us. In the end it took an incredible amount of time and frustration just to get offered cash that only covers less than 60% the cost of replacing my washing machine. I took meticulous notes because of my first experience with 2-10 hoping it was a fluke but it seems it wasn’t. Based on how they treated me both times, I would recommend not trusting this company to do as they advertise they would. I hope my horrible experience with them and me sharing will save other people the money and time working with a company who doesn’t have your best interest at heart.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

This company sucks..hands down! I have had leaks in my house and I had opened a service ticket like 3weeks ago.. Someone came in after 3 days to check.. Took the service fee $89 and then said we need to get the parts and 2-10 has to approve it.. Now it's been 3 weeks 2-10 has still not approved the parts.. And I am tired of calling them being on hold for hours.. and then being transferred to multiple departments and no one has any ** idea here.. and they would then just randomly disconnect the call.. I am never buying this insurance again and would not recommend to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Paying the extra money for extra coverage for the HVAC system is NOT worth it, especially if you have old system. Our is 12 years old and we knew it was on the older side when buying our home, hence getting our home warranty. We've had it serviced a few times already but it still hasn't been functioning properly and then the compressor finally went bad. Thinking with its age, it would make sense to replace the outdoor unit instead of just replacing the compressor (especially since R22 compressors and refrigerant has been banned from further production). Then was told that the purchasing/parts department take 3-5 days to do the required research to approve any parts being ordered. However, they didn't take any time in deciding to just replace the compressor since it was ordered the same day the contractor sent in the diagnosis.

Because of Covid, it has been even more difficult to get the compressor part in, we have now been without AC for 2 weeks in 100 degree weather. Granted, this is no fault of the company, but the home portal only gives so much information. To get more info on the ET of when our unit is getting fixed, I have to call. The hold times for 2-10 are ridiculous! Out of the multiple representatives I've spoken to over the past week, only one was super nice and understanding of our situation (I'm also 8 months pregnant). We have also not been pleased with the contractor that the warranty company has chosen to go with since they were too slow with relaying proper information to the warranty company. After further looking, this contractor has many of the same complaints, but 2-10 continues to use them. So we will be cancelling our coverage with 2-10 as soon as possible.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

Horrible Experience! 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty provides absolutely awful customer service and has more exceptions and non-covered items than they cover. There is no direct connection to their leadership and no way to escalate concerns or urgent needs.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

This company has been running me around in circles for a month all while my AC is out in the hottest part of the summer. They sent more than one company out knowing the claim would be declined each time, just so I would have to pay $200. No one could keep their story straight when I would call to find any information out and I ended up paying out of pocket for my AC to be fixed because of their miscommunication errors. They were unprofessional and I got a different answer from every person I talked to. I was also very rudely hung up on several times while trying to figure out what to do to fix this situation and put on hold for over 2 hours on multiple occasions.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2021

My name is Ken **. I live at **. My phone is **. I have been a customer for 15 years. On august 4 we called 2-10 to file a claim. It took hours to get through the website. Waited 24 hours for a contractor to call. Then we contacted 2-10 associate named Robin to get a contractor. I explained I knew two contractors from past claims. One named Cajun air conditioning and one named Montz air conditioning. Robin said she’ll request Montz and I can call Cajun. Montz was contacted by 2-10 hours later and agreed to possibly coming out on Tuesday august 10. Cajun air conditioning then contacted me and said they can come out now. I told Cajun ok come on out. I then notified Montz air that we were able to get somebody sooner and canceled my appointment.

I then called 2-10 to explain and gave the phone to my wife Linda **. A 2-10 rep named Kelly then proceeded to explain repeatedly that we are not qualified because we did not follow the guidelines to our agreement. My wife then explained she wanted to speak to a supervisor. Kelly then said it wasn’t possible. My wife asked for a email address and after much duress she gave it to her. Their Gross disrespectful attitude was used on us. After 15 yrs of great service it was shocking to be be treated like this. We hope you can help us get our claim resolved. A bill from Cajun air conditioning for the work will be forthcoming.

Respectfully

Ken

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

I scheduled a home warranty repair who assigned me to the appliance guys. I received a call to schedule and let them know the dishwasher was not cleaning. The tech arrived only to tell me that part need to be ordered and took 100$. The site got updated with status as completed and there is nothing that appliance guys can do. Now, I have been calling the warranty company and they keep saying that part is in national backorder and I need to wait. Appliance guys are done with their part and there is nothing they can do. Warranty company is saying either keep waiting or we can give you 82$. The dishwasher comes for 500$. What difference will 82$ make. I asked me for an expected wait duration i.e. 1 months 2 months and they say that it cannot be provided. It is out of their control. I will need to wait. I am not sure what I should be doing next.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I am going on 8 days of poor communication, lack of follow up, and inconsistent messaging from 2-10. I have escalated my claim 3 times, and 2-10 chooses to call me at 7 PM EST when the contractor is closed or not available. Internally, they can not make a decision, and refuse to get the parties that need to agree on the same call. I asked to escalate to a manager no less than 5 times and was refused. After battling with internal support and internal purchasing, I was informed it would be reviewed within 24-48 hours. Which means I will be without a hot water heater for nearly 10-11 days - and counting.

Original review: July 29, 2021

So, where to begin... when I purchased my home late last year, the included warranty came as a so called 'perk'. Several months later, our AC broke on us. To start with, each and every time I attempted to contact 210 warranty, I was on hold during my workday for an hour or more just to speak with someone. Mind you, during this time, I have a wife who is 7 months pregnant, and no ac! I've made this VERY clear to this company and expressed the urgency to get the ac repaired. They sent out the first company, who repaired "part" of the ac. They repaired the switch and plenum. Several days went by, then the compressor just happened to stop running. This made me suspicious as I had no problems with the compressor prior to this repair.

Once this happened, a whole new set of ongoing problems began. It took several days for them to even submit a purchase order for the part needed after looking at the problem, then the e.t.a. for the part was completely off. They initially told me the 26th for delivery. By the 28th, still nothing. I called back, and still no compressor has arrived. Day after day of this. Called back on the 29th, the part is FINALLY there for pick up! I called the ac company and told them the part was there for pick up, "can someone please get off their butt and pick it up so this repair can be made???" Their response after expressing that I'm extremely angry and frustrated already, I've been displaced from my home with a 7 month pregnant wife was that they just have to sit and wait for the warranty company to call them and tell them the part was there for pick up!

Ok, so I call the warranty company back myself just to tell them, "ok, time to schedule the repair!" And I'm currently on the phone now as I write this for nearly an hour waiting yet again for this warranty company to answer the phone and schedule this repair. I'm telling you people, RUN! This has been an utter nightmare, and is worsened by the fact that I've expressed I have a pregnant wife, can we somehow hurry this up. But I have gotten no concern or expedition of the situation whatsoever. Only worthless excuse after excuse.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Company Information