2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.10/5
Based on 1,210 ratings submitted in the last year

Sony PlayStation Reviews

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

I have been a loyal Sony PlayStation customer for over 10 years now. The fact that you need a PS plus subscription to play some games is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!! You guys have become money grubbing jerks!!!! Then the games you can play with no PS PLUS subscription you make it damn near impossible to win or fully enjoy the game without spending ADDITIONAL money!!!! This is unbelievable and truly sad. It's already bad enough to that jerks make us pay for online which is BS but now on top of that we have to spend extra money to fully enjoy games we spend our hard earned money on and then to add insult to injury now we need gives you jerks an extra $60 bucks a year to enjoy the games fully. ABSOLUTELY LUDICROUS!!!!

You guys need to rethink this. You guys are losing games every day regardless to whatever sales numbers this is complete BS!!!!! I have tried to not make this a big deal but today was the last straw. I havent played my GTA V in a few months so I decided to update and play, but now you need a PS PLUS account to play GTA V!!!! Complete bs and you guys should be ashamed of this kind stuff. You're taking advantage of people who have been loyal to you and your company for years and this is the thanks we get. YOU GUYS SUCK!!!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

They are rude and they steal money. They ban my husband's account because they charged our card without permission and our bank ruled in our favor because they saw it was a fraudulent charge. Well due to this PlayStation banned my whole family's account due to my husband's account getting the refund. They are now all being rude whenever we call in about any issues. They should be sued. Everyone who has an issue or money stolen should all come together and sue them and stop buying their products.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

My son has had his account banned and has lost everything we have purchased for him and Sony will not give an explanation on why. They say it's behavioral issues but how? Now they won't unban his account and won't refund me the money I have spent on games and in-game purchases. I think Sony and Playstation just conned the hell out me.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

We purchased a brand new console from a secondary market - Amazon Facebook - using cash. I realize this is not advisable, but our biggest concern was only losing out on warranty repairs, so why not save some cash. I also purchased a year subscription to PS Plus. The seller turned around and initiated a chargeback with their financial institution, so clearly a con-artist. Sony banned the console, and refusing to unban it although it would cost them nothing, and my year subscription is already paid for. They are essentially punishing me for buying from a place that they don't authorize, leaving me with an approximately $400 useless brick. I know it wasn't the wisest purchase decision we made, but I still don't appreciate Sony punishing me for it. Be careful out there buying things and saving money, because Sony will actually punish you, while the perpetrator of fraud is enjoying your hard earned cash.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

Started up my subscription after a 6 mo. time out. Was playing Call of Duty (ghost). Bought call of duty (modern warfare) and it has more downloads which take hours at a time to download. I play about every 2 weeks and hate having to turn it on knowing I'll be waiting hours before I get to play. If PlayStation could pull their head out of their ** and do it right the first time, they wouldn't need so many downloads. PlayStation WAS good, BUT now they SUCK as far as I'm concerned. When my subscription expires, I won't be going back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

They cancelled the service, did not communicate this well, and would not refund subscriptions. Will avoid Sony and tell anyone who will listen???? Horrible way to treat the customer/provide a memorable dislike in a competitive market.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I made a purchase on one of my games and didn’t receive the thing I purchased. I waited and it didn’t appear. I filed a refund for it and explained the situation. Well, a couple of DAYS later, it appears on my game even though the payment was processed instantly upon purchase. Somehow or another, the refund went through and said it ruled in my favor. I left my house and my account was fine, I come back and my account is BANNED! All my purchases unusable, and I can’t even download my game’s data so I can use it on my new account. I’m awaiting to call and see if it can be repealed. But I am thoroughly disappointed and unsatisfied. I not to mention my PlayStation Plus Membership went down the drain. My money is stolen, and it is NOT right.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

Bought the children for a good study. Before that, they had 3 version, so they carried me on their hands for a whole month. Sometimes I can play with my husband myself. The children liked the new games, as well as the image quality and new gamepads.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Don't bother creating a PSN account with them as they will not help you should you need to delete your account. I tried over the phone to delete my account but was told they needed the serial number from the console to do so, which is a complete utter bullcrap as I no longer have the console with me. I know what my password is and my date of birth is but apparently that information does not prove my identity. Guy on phone hung on me when I told him I'm not happy and will be giving them a negative review. ????‍♀️

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

Customer rep and supervisors are rude. Everything they do as a company is to force you to auto-renew so they take your money by force and when you call in for a refund for forgetting to cancel, they refuse to give you back your money. This 2019, you do not force anyone to use a service they do not want. I need to cancel my account and remove all my information from your system. This company policies are a SCAM. The supervisor Andrew was very rude.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Sony PlayStation Company Information