2. Miscellaneous

Sony PlayStation

4.0/5 (805 ratings)

About Sony PlayStation

Sony PlayStation Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony PlayStation?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

When someone insults you through the PSN, and you defend yourself by insulting them back, you are suspended. May seem fair enough at first glance, or no great injustice (hey just don't insult them back, right). However you are paying for a PSN subscription and you can't cancel it, because you're suspended. And you can't contact anyone about it. PlayStation bizarrely has zero customer service. Just a fake facade that calls itself customer support but is really just an FAQ that will send you in circles on a wild goose chase with ultimately no customer support at the end of it. You can't contact anyone, not someone from India, no one at all. You can also serve your suspension, and then be suspended again when it's lifted for the same transgression that you've already been suspended for.

The next suspension will be longer, because it is seen as a repeat offense even if it's the same one. It may even be the entire cycle of your subscription to playstation +, and you can't not pay, you can't even cancel the next payment, so they are literally robbing you of around 66 dollars. And again you have no way of complaining, no way of doing anything about it whatsoever, save for coming to "consumer affairs" out of desperation. I've been a loyal customer of Playstation since the mid 90s, for 25 odd years, I must have given them tens of thousands of dollars, probably 90% of that in the last 8 years as they have escalated their microtransactions and subscription fees and are generally just clawing for every penny every which way they can.

Tens of thousands of dollars, decades of loyalty, and I can't even reach out to the company and say "hey there seems to be some kind of mistake and you are stealing from me, can you maybe look into that please?". No there's no recourse whatsoever, all I can do I guess is contact my bank and block Sony from stealing my money? Does that sound like an upstanding professional company or a 3rd world scamming operation? To make matters worse, sony has lost the rights to Bethesda games in the future, which means Starfield, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Doom, Dishonored, Prey... none of these games (THE biggest games) will be on playstation in the future. Playstation is finished in gaming. Playstation 5 will be their last console, and I strongly advise against purchasing it. I've always been loyal to playstation but they leave me no choice but to switch to Microsoft. They have made loyalty untenable and impossible. Don't buy a playstation, you will regret it.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

Recently I bought a game and it’s been act terribly. I’ve tried everything and it’s still doing it. I contacted PlayStation about it and they said they can’t give me a refund and I had the game for months! And I’ve kept trying and trying and still did it and I told them the day I got it, the paying method, everything and the game Cost $64 and it’s doing that. I would want a refund. They gave me the stupidest excuse and I’m starting to regret Buying games on PlayStation and even Buying A PlayStation 4.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

On July 20, 2021 I was banned from my account for 7 days because PlayStation Network claimed that I uploaded content that was against their code of conduct and terms of service. The content that I uploaded was a thumbnail to a basketball game called NBA 2K 21 and it showed My Players characters. When I tried to call the phone number to PlayStation Network they kicked me off and I was forced to wait the 7 days until the ban lifted from my account. Today August 04, 2021 I was playing a game on my Playstation5 and I uploaded a ??? and pictures of cars from the game that I playing and immediately my account was banned again. PlayStation Network claimed that I violated the code of conduct and terms of service again. My account is now banned for 1 month.

I tried calling the number for PlayStation Network and after I typed in my information my call was disconnected. So I decided to do a live chat with their customer service department. I explained to the customer service representative what happened and I asked him to explain to me how I violated their code of conduct. The representative responded by telling me that the ban couldn’t be lifted but he couldn’t tell me how I was in violation with PlayStation's code of conduct. My chat was immediately ended by the representative without him resolving my issue or explaining what I did wrong. I still can’t get through to anyone on the phone to find out how I violated their code of conduct.

My picture was of a car and a question mark. I feel that if they are claiming that I am in violation then they should be able to tell me how I am in violation. With the amount of money that Sony makes you would think that their customer service would be a lot better. It just seems to me like PlayStation doesn’t care about their customers or resolving issues. My Playstation5 was a Christmas gift from my parents but now I wish that I would have asked for an X Box or something else.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

Sony Electronics needs to revisit their policies on recovering the account of a deceased spouse!!!! My late husband passed March 2017, and it's been hard for my children and I to find fun in the things we once enjoyed as a family, like gaming. But now we are in a more healing place, feeling ready to pick up the pieces but Sony is being incredibly insensitive! It's ridiculous what I've had to go through to recover my late husband's account for our surviving children, and STILL HAVE NOT RESOLVED THE ISSUE!!!! We have been through enough already, so to be given the third degree to recover a GAMING CONSOLE ACCOUNT is ridiculous!!! They want his online ID and email (which I provided) BUT ALSO his cc number and details of recent transactions OF AN ACCOUNT THAT WAS CLOSED OVER 4 YEARS AGO!! The bank itself gave me less trouble!!! All my children and I are trying to do is hold onto his memory, and SONY is making it impossible. Shame on you!!!

Original review: July 31, 2021

My Playstation practically locked itself and I couldn’t access anything other than Safe Mode. I tried everything and nothing worked so I contacted Sony. Was told I’d get an e-mail but never got a response. Eventually I had to take the last resort without knowing if there was any way I could avoid it. I reset my playstation and deleted around 5 years worth of progress and countless hours.

Original review: July 28, 2021

When ordering a recertified PS4 I ordered an extra controller and apparently ordered a controller for PS5 by accident. I have spent hours going round and round with support to simply get a refund or exchange. I waited an hour and ten minutes for a callback that gave me a number for PS Direct that was just a recording telling me to go to support which is where I'd come from. Disgusting. Will never buy from them again.

Original review: July 13, 2021

I called because I bought a game from their PlayStation store for $24.99 but my account was charge $60.33. When I told them about the issue, the customer service said thank you and hung up. This was the worst service I ever received. I advice changes to be made.

Original review: May 25, 2021

They made it INCREDIBLY hard to just return the games I purchased by accident due to a software error on their part. After waiting over 30mins to talk to someone they said they would connect me to someone else but then disconnected. Tried chat and almost got there but then hit back by accident and of course, out of luck and can't connect to a new chat, just says "try again later." Another time talking to their "chat help bot" who gave me a link to start a return - came up as a 404 page, of course. So unprofessional. Look at a company like Amazon and how easy they make it to return. Sony have obviously made it DELIBERATELY difficult to do so even with strict rules in place.

Original review: May 18, 2021

On the 25th March 2021 my wife purchased online gaming access for my son, at a cost of R119.00 for 1 month online access. The payment was cleared. On the 27th March 2021 the same amount was deducted once again. When my wife cancelled her card, the online access was automatically cancelled. Thus we paid twice for a Service never received. On the 22 April 2021 I purchased two online games with my wife’s card. The payment was cleared. On the 24 April 2021 the same amount was deducted again. Once again two payments.

I am very disappointed with PlayStation Store, no attempt has been made to date to resolve this matter. After emailing them, I had to submit further information. Which I did. This information then let to additional information required and that I now phone them with the information and no longer email, which I ultimately refused to do. To date we have not received a refund or further response from them. I will never deal with them again. I feel what they are doing is unethical.

Original review: May 16, 2021

Sony is completely out of their minds. They do not answer chat, telephone or emails. After having to call for over 10 days to send my console for repair because it has bricked 2 external drives, they decide to ban my account for good measure. No emails, no explanation, nothing. There is no excuse for their behavior and it is completely unacceptable.

Sony PlayStation Company Information