3.75/5

608 Sony PlayStation Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 18, 2019

I have the PlayStation 4 and I think it's better than the Xbox Xbox One. PlayStation 4 it just has a lot better graphics plus I get the PlayStation VR that is really great. We love it. We need that decide to get the PlayStation 1 and I really didn't like it. I just thought that PlayStation 4 had better X graphics on it so we went back to the PlayStation 4.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

We have every Playstation system and they all still work. We love Playstation, it’s a well-made product. Any time we have had problems they have been rectified by manufacturing company. I will keep buying these systems just because the product has always worked for us.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

The gaming system is very durable, a bit too expensive for the selection of games but overall it's a good gaming system and the system would be a lot better if you added more types of games, preferably remastered games to get old players and make the new players happy.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I'm retro, so my newest PlayStation is the PS3. Game selection is great, and now that it's not the newest system, the games are much cheaper to get, so you don't lose much if you get a bad one. One inconvenience is the updates. If you get a new game and want to play right away, you'll have to make sure you're not online or it will update first, which can take a few minutes to an hour, depending on connection speeds and amount of updates. Otherwise, the system seems stable, with only rare crashes or freeze ups.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Great company with fair practices. I have seen many complain about charges, and Sony not refunding, asking to dispute with the bank. This is for legal reasons, as I also work customer service, and have done so for many years, I can testify that this is a normal practice. If something doesn't work from a 3rd party company, it's of no fault of Sony, as they DO NOT OWN the IP of that software, therefore they are not the responsible party. Consult with the game publisher. Sony PlayStation has been a great company to play with, and anything that they are legally responsible for, they have always had my back. I have never had issues that can't be fixed when using common sense.

For those complaining about the PSN subscription renewal, it's in the email they send to you confirming the service you have signed up for. If your child lies about their age and charges your card, it's your responsibility to make sure that you don't let your card information be provided to anyone. PlayStation explicitly states the terms and conditions of use for the console and additional services. It's your own lack of responsibility. I have had issues with a couple of games published by Sony themselves, and they stand behind the products, and have been a great team to work with. Please use the product and services as intended, and following the agreement you have read fully about agreed to, and you'll have no issues. I hope you all read this, and I hope you have learned why your reviews are inappropriate and misleading.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

DO NOT use the PlayStation network to purchase anything. Recently, Sony was hacked an information was stolen, including my wallet/credit card details. Two purchases were made using my credit card. I took the following steps. Logged into my account, deactivated my wallet, changed my password. Called my credit card company to report the theft and have it cancelled and dispute the two fraudulent charges. Attempted to call Sony to advise, however, after a 45 minute wait, I hung up.

Next day when I went to log into my account, it had been banned. I called customer service and because of the credit card dispute, until they review and finalize their review I am not able to use any of the dozens of games that I've purchased over the years. Basically, they are committing consumer theft on top of the theft that already occurred. Regardless of my attempts to logic with them, it has been two months and still no access. I am now forced to dispute every purchase I've made with them, because they have blocked me from access the network so the games are unusable. Games that I purchased at a store, where I have the disc will work with the machine, but games purchased online and downloaded will not.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Accidentally made a purchase of $20, 3 times because it had shown it didn't go through. Then I check my bank and I see the charges of $20 3 times. I contacted their live chat to let them know about the issue, and they told me there was nothing that could be done. I have been with PlayStation since the PS1 and this was my first time ever contacting them and it ended with their support being utterly useless. I was told by the rep if I attempted to do a charge back my account would be banned. This is not a way to treat your long term customers.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I bought the PS4 Pro 1TB. It’s worked as it should for the first year but after this last garbage update my system continuously freezes and just randomly shuts down regardless of whether or not I’m watching a DVD from Redbox, Netflix or just playing a game and I don’t play online.. This is a deliberate move made by Sony because the PS5 comes out next year. Otherwise why would anyone ever buy the new system? Worst system ever. I wanna melt my PS4 with a blow torch and shoot it in the disk drive with the biggest slowest bullet I can find!!!! Screw you Sony. You’re a ** scam. You all need beat. I hate you!!!!

Original review: July 30, 2019

Our account was hacked on July 4th. I called immediately that day to let them know. The first point of contact made me feel as though it was my problem. There was over $2000 put on my credit card. They said it would be corrected in 4 days. It was not, I called back. They said it would be corrected that night. Again it was not. This happened until July 25th. We were not able to access our online account because of this. We purchased an annual Playstation plus and were not able to use it for a month. I spoke to the supervisor to see if there would be some type of compensation and they said no. So not only were we without services, Sony does not want to compensate for the time lost. Our next system will not be a PS. They told me the only way to speak to corporate office is by sending a letter through mail. They do not have a contact email or phone number.

Original review: July 27, 2019

PlayStation is the worse. I spoke the the so called manager to get a refund for charges that I did not authorize and he hung up on me and told me there’s no one higher than him that I could speak with. I wouldn’t recommend no one getting PlayStation because their customer service representatives are rude.

Sony PlayStation Company Information