2. Miscellaneous

Sony PlayStation

Sony PlayStation
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.09/5

Sony PlayStation Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony PlayStation?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Original review: April 7, 2021

My PSN account got banned for being a bot account with no proof. I’ve had that account for years and spent hundreds, if not thousands on it. They won’t explain why I was banned and won’t issue a refund. I don’t even want the refund. I won’t ever get back the time I put into the games on that account. When I try to contact them about the issue, their live chat agent just disconnects me and I’m put on hold on the phone line, unable to reach them. Their customer service is absolute useless.

Original review: March 30, 2021

I used to be a PlayStation fan until my account got hacked and I couldn’t use my account for a whole year because PlayStation wanna not show up to work because of corona. Xbox people set up working helping customers with tech support from home. I had a 2 year subscription with Playstation because they double charged my card and couldn’t issue a refund. Support said, "Well look at the bright side. You don't have to pay for Playstation network for the next 2 years." Yipppy!!. I couldn’t use my account for over a year because my account was hacked and the verification email was changed. I couldn’t get any help resetting my password and verifying by text that it was my account.

I reached out to PlayStation via email/ facebook/ Instagram/ Twitter. Tech support from Twitter was actually very responsive in which gave me tech support line phone number and guided me through the steps and #’s I need to dial to reach the support I needed for my issue. It took me through a whole automated system telling me I need to send a password reset through my email or text and to do it through text dial 3. I dial 3 and the automated system says it could not complete and that I need to talk to someone directly. Puts me on hold. I hold and then I’m directed to a line that says Due to corona virus PlayStation Tech Support and all PlayStation employees are in a shut down. Afterwards it says that I can send a password reset to my Phone through text and to dial 3. I dial 3 and then it says that my reset cannot complete and I need to speak to someone directly and it forwards my call again. With the Corona story and them being in a shut down. Boy was I ready to pull my Damn hair out.

I made a new account and started paying month to month. I added my old account as a friend and I could see it was showing online. Like someone was using the account. It showed that the hacker was playing on Call of duty. I added him in chat and and it sounded like some foreign kid. I challenged him to 1 v 1 on Call of duty and he did me dirty. Went straight ham on me and was just laughing talking in some other language. I was outraged. Haha for real. Feelings real hurt!!! High pitched voice kid doing me like this. I went out and bought me a Xbox that next DAAaay.

I only shared this story with about 3 people. I don't count the other 388 people because they just kept walking passed me like they couldn’t hear me talking or something. Lol. Anyway A whole year and 2 months later I finally got ahold of someone at tech support and they simply verified my account with a text to my phone. I was beyond excited to get my account back with all my digital games. If any of you PlayStation fans purchased digital games you know how frustrated I was that I couldn’t get access to those games during that year. I was excited but I was also pissed off it took so long for me to finally get ahold of someone.

I requested a refund for the year I had paid and the fact that I didn’t even have access to this account. Nope! No credits... No Free Month Subscription... N-O-T-H-I-N-G! They said, “We are sorry. We are happy we got your account recovered for you." Well that’s not good enough PlayStation. A year subscription is $65 dollars. I had 2 years because they double charged my card. I had more than 20 digital games that I could not access.

My youngest will not convert to Xbox like me and my oldest. We love our Xbox’s. My youngest still buys his 3 month PlayStation subscriptions. And I realized today that PlayStation online works pretty smooth and lets you purchase games and add your debit card info for payments. But I noticed when it comes to removing those payment methods the website wants to act like it can’t load the page. Wow PlayStation. You are money scam artist at its finest. I have completely gave up on you and will not be using PlayStation anymore Ever again. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. DO NOT USE PLAYSTATION. THEY WILL ROB YOU!!!!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 10, 2021

Sony PS4 auto renewal Scam just beware. Hi There, Beware of Sony auto renewal Scam, We have been charged 64.94 for auto renewal we never intended. When I contacted them they said they can't refund as it's been more than 14 days which is not true as we just got the message/email from our bank transactions today that we have been charged the above amount. We talked with few agents and everyone said the same that they cannot help. This is Sony's biggest scam I believe!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I was automatically charge on someone else credit card. I been trying to call for days. All I get is a voice prompt saying that due to they been so busy they can not take any calls and disconnect calls. Without been able to speak with anyone or leave messages. The website is not great help either. How can a company sell their products and don’t have any live support or chat support.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

My account info was stolen, I don’t know how. Basically the thief activated their PS4 as the primary on the account, thus gaining access to all my games. I quickly changed the password, setup 2-step verification, put a passcode on the account, etc. Here’s where customer service came in. Customer service is a stretch, considering they refuse to help in any way. Anyways, I needed to get the criminals PS4 deactivated, that was the only thing left. “Nope, sorry, you can only deactivate your devices once every 6 MONTHS.” They said I should try asking whoever the criminal is to deactivate it. Yeah, awesome, great suggestion.

They repeatedly assured me that there was no problem, and I still had access to everything. This is NOT true. You only have access with an active internet connection. Because it has to verify the licenses, and can’t without internet. But hey “If you set this as your primary PS4, you can play offline!” Which just made me even more upset. They said that I had to wait the full 6 months, and as soon as I asked for it to be escalated, they just disconnected the chat. I wasn’t swearing or anything that you’d think would get a rep to disconnect. So if they don’t like where the conversation is headed, they just say sorry and leave. They won’t help their customers. They protect criminals. Oh add if you try to dispute any charges made, they’ll just ban the account outright. That’s right, even if a fraudulent charge is made, that’ll ban YOU if you try to dispute it.

By the way, you’re only purchasing the licenses to games, so you don’t actually own them and believe me they make sure to take advantage of that. I will neither buy Sony products, or digital goods, again. It’s Xbox and physical copies from now on for me. I’m going to do a dispute anyways, despite the ban that will follow. At least he won’t be able to play the games either. And I don’t plan on giving them my money again, so.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I hope everyone in the world reads this! Just spent $75 on gift card to PlayStation and my son used them in his account, not even a week later said account is hacked. Someone changed the password and turned on 2 step verification, but it was not us. We are unable to access this account, with my son's credit card info stored in it, all his purchases for the last ten years. Customer service continually disconnects me from the chat, even when I ask for a supervisor! No one is available on the telephone number provided, there is literally ZERO support for their accounts.

BEWARE!! Whatever info you put in your PlayStation account is no longer yours and is no longer SAFE and you will not be helped by Sony in any way whatsoever. They will not even deactivate this account to protect our credit card information! They just refuse to engage in a discussion with us. Disconnecting us from the chat immediately! I might call the police and place a report tbh.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

I was a victim of cyber attack on my account in which the thief took all my son's savings Money from the card that I had on file, not only did Sony ban my account but I’m unable to play any games purchased through Sony. So 10+ years and gamer tag that holds sentimental value because of my fathers passing when I was younger down the drain. Contacted Sony on this matter and was told that specialist are taking care of it and that I will not be able to play the games I PAID FOR until they figure it out.... Now this is the good part. They will not reimburse me for the time loss for the investigation on this matter so it makes it seem they’re making me out to feel that their customers don’t mean anything to their multibillion dollar brand and we’re just another number.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

I was contacting them for something simple and I was on the phone for an hour. No response whatsoever. The live chats is impossible to get a hold of. Overall worst service. I’m getting rid of any PlayStation related services. Super upsetting! I hope that after this review the ConsumerAffairs will advocate for consumers like they should.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

My account was hacked on 12/13/20. This was caught by my credit card when 12+ purchases on PS were submitted. I tried to contact PS and found that they have NO customer service online or by phone on Sundays. Ridiculous. One of the busiest days of the week and no support. I have been in touch 3 times and my account is still suspended. The first time, I thought I had it worked out because I had actually talked to a human. Whatever. Useless. I'm beyond angry and frustrated.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

I am simply bewildered by the lack of Sony's customer support. After being a satisfied customer for 15 years, I can confidently say that I will no longer support the Sony Brand. After numerous attempts to communicate with Sony support, I am unable to communicate with a Sony representative with respect to downloadable content I'm not able to remove from my console. Their support line never answers phone calls; their website has you speaking to chatbots instead of human beings. If you are thinking of purchasing a Sony product, please consider that if you have any issues or concerns, there is a chance that you'll be left to figure them out on your own.

Sony PlayStation Company Information