Sony PlayStation

Sony PlayStation

3.7/5 (2601 ratings)

About Sony PlayStation

Sony PlayStation Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony PlayStation?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2022

Sony, why do you think it’s a good idea to ban people for 7 days who message back a troll that was harassing us and spamming us with messages first? No warning or anything? Keep in mind I have never been banned before. I then went ahead and contacted support and it was horrible. How are you guys not able to do anything about this? I was already thinking about switching to Xbox and now this gives me a good reason to. Good job Sony, this is a great way to lose customers, at least issue a warning next time.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

Account / login credential recovery is an absolute disaster, after trying to reset my password by providing my account email many times, the so called "reset" email link was never sent to me. Despite getting the "green checkmark" confirmation on the reset page stating the reset link had been sent every time I attempted it. There is no way whatsoever to speak to an actual "human" regarding this problem, FYI, I had attempted the same thing about 4 months ago when I first encountered the same problem. Although Sony makes great consoles (I credit the design engineers NOT management), their customer service is horrible, it's as if they are purposely avoiding helping us out.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

Ordered a PS5; the package was lost by UPS. It's been a month, and I haven't received a refund. Support is hard to reach, and won't provide any details or meaningful help. Honestly, support is a literal joke.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

Horrible experience is an understatement. Online support was complete trash but not nearly as terrible as the phone customer support. Scott and the alleged supervisor and account manager were completely discourteous, unknowable and unhelpful in providing accurate understandable information and solutions. My account had an alleged hole which I am not sure was true and they refused to remove it or transfer me to a competent higher manager that could resolve my issue with the card on my account. It was like talking to rude brick walls. I would never buy a PlayStation product knowing that the support is so very incompetent and useless. And the support line doesn’t even talk to you like you're human. One alleged account manager didn’t even know what Regions bank was…my experience was the exact same one as Kareem of Valley New York. If you look at their review here on this site, it is a 100% spot on match.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

I've always been a PlayStation fan. The PS2 & 3 were awesome in their time with online gaming available that was free! I remember bragging to XBOX players about how they had to pay to play and having to pay for internet of course. Then the PS4 was released and I was exceedingly happy that I was lucky enough to get my hands on one. That is until I got it home and set it up. I connected to our internet and I said WTF! I mean I took pride in the fact that PlayStation was always free to play online. With the PS4 they hit us with it being mandatory to pay for a subscription to play online. Not a greatness thing by no means. Overall I still consider PlayStation the absolute best in gaming consoles. PlayStation Plus has its perks as well with free games every month so I give them 4 stars.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

The PlayStation support via Phone and the chat on the support website is the worse I've EVER experienced. Both reps I've dealt with via the chat was rude and did not help me with my issue. My account was banned due to a charge back which was a misunderstanding with my bank. I paid my owed balance via Playstation store cards as requested and was told I would need to wait 24 hours for my account to be reinstated. I reached out to support after the 24 hours mark but was pretty much told I need to keep waiting. The rep offered no explanation as to timeframe as to when my account would be reinstated but was quick to end the chat. And of course when you try to leave feedback it immediately says "Thank you for your Feedback" even when none was given. PS5 is the Last Sony console I will purchase. No wonder almost everyone I know moved over to PC.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

I purchased a PS5 bundle that included the game. For the game you had to enter a code to download it. The voucher for the game had a place to scratch to reveal the code. Once scratched the words "Scratch Here for Pin #" were still there covering the code. Incredibly dumb mistake that apparently has happened a lot when I looked into it. Maybe fix that Sony? So I went to try to contact them and of course like most companies nowadays they make that as difficult as possible. So I waited to talk to a person. The first one immediately disconnected me saying I need to reset my password with no explanation. When I tried to open the chat again it said that apparently the chat couldn't help me and to try again tomorrow. How stupid is that? So I opened a private browser to get around that.

The next person claimed there should be another code above the barcode. I explained to him I didn't buy the voucher for the game it was included in the bundle meaning it doesn't have a barcode. He was too dumb to understand this and blamed me for not understanding. So he claims that I will be sent an email. 48 hours later I still have no email. I try to contact them again and this person says the case is opened and I need to wait for an email. I asked her why in 2022 is it taking them so long to send an email. Which she sends back there is a queue and disconnects the chat before I can give a response. On all these interactions there was an option to give feedback on the chat. When the button for that is pressed...it gives you a screen that says thanks and doesn't allow you to rate. So I'm guessing it's all negative and they disabled. So not only is their customer service awful they also don't care on top of it.

Original review: June 24, 2022

I bought a $75 gift card and it has yet to be added to my wallet as of 3 days ago. I tried calling PlayStation and each time it tells me to call during normal business hours 9am to 4pm; IT IS WITHIN THOSE TIMES!? SO WHY IS NO ONE ANSWERING?! I guess they fired all the call center folk around covid or around the same time they created a tier for their online subscription. I been a PlayStation guy for a long time. I’m gonna be switching to PC. Take all my money somewhere else.

Original review: June 6, 2022

I have tried calling several times over a period of time to cancel auto renew membership because it wouldn't let me do it online. Can't talk to anyone till you get an ID number from a bot CS message first. Online it would say, "Acct hasnt changed try again later," after I click cancel... Huge run around and it then took 40 minutes for a live person, Telwinder C.S. person who told me I can't get refund on auto renew - I said funny I can't change it online either so how convenient for you. Unless you go through bot and long hold times you won't get any resolution to your problem.

I had tried multiple other times to reach someone about these attempts on my daughter's card. I would get notices from the bank that PlayStation would try to charge my daughter's bank card every 2 days till she had enough money in there to pay $26.87! She is 15 years old. She would tell me that her bank was notifying her that a transaction had failed. Yeah because she doesnt have much money in her acct. I said why do you want to sign up again. She said she doesnt - she is busy with sports and school and has no time for gaming.

So after looking into that I found out it was playstation trying and trying and trying to charge her! I then tried to login and I should have been able to switch it off online - I actually did try but it rejected it - said "Your acct hasnt changed try again later" !!! So today I asked who turned on auto pay and the manager Akfahay that I finally got to talk to said it always auto renew which is really crappy = I hate companies that do that.

Original review: April 10, 2022

I have been a long time customer of Playstation and pay for a few of their services. Recently, I ordered a digital item for a game except it did not work or download after trying, actually, a few days before I requested a refund. Not long I received an email from Playstation saying my refund had been granted. Sure enough. About a week or so later I receive an email from Sony Playstation stating my account had been suspended for a chargeback. Later that day they send another email stating my account has been banned for the chargeback. The chargeback I was informed was my legitimate refund for a digital item for a game that would never download.

So, I email, call, submit a request for help on Twitter, attach the confirmation of the refund to no avail. They never responded. And, wow, is it difficult to contact and communicate with such a huge company. It is arrogant for them to treat customers this way, as if they don't care if something is true or not, just click a banned button. Lazy. So, I'm giving them money via PlayStation Plus and another $24/ month. Of course, I have no choice but to cancel my membership and go to Xbox. Maybe they give a little d*mn about their customers.

Sony PlayStation Company Information