Sony PlayStation
1.05/5
Based on 41 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Sony PlayStation

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 19, 2018

480 Sony PlayStation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I've had a horrible experience bringing to a conclusion either the Sony product is really bad or the vendors you'll work with Croma and Metal Tech and here have Given me false Sony and are spoiling the brand name. I purchased my PS4 and within two or three days it was crashing in spite of updated software. I called Sony. They did the diagnosis and asked me to go visit the nearest center. They weren't available so we went to Croma the place where we purchased it from. They said we would have to get a replacement from the service center so we walked into Metal Tech.

At first I was told I'll get a packed box the way I purchased from the shop, when I went to collect my replacement I got an old torn box. The wires inside with the controller were evident of poor and non original quality. The cds that came inside the box were not there either and the box has "stby" written on it. My controller is fake. Doesn't have audio working on it. The box has bird ** on it too. I got my piece home and obviously we don't get time to play everyday so I switched on my console now and my controller is definitely not original. The rubber material feels glue is coming off it.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I've seen two old PlayStation 3 consoles come and go. Thanks to the unscrupulous goings on of a corporation which has punters buying systems and games that become redundant and impossible to maintain because Sony doesn't allow old games on new systems (corporate theft) so now my last two, second hand consoles just died. I'm stuck with not being able to download games, movies, apps and add ons etc. because I can no longer access the old units to deactivate and this greedy corporation only allows paying customers TWO systems and then a customer must run through hoops...in my case tonight, for hours trying to find ways to deactivate systems I no longer own.

One point of enquiry lead me to a second point which in turn referred me back to the FIRST point of reference. Tried several times. These people are having a laugh. It's absolutely impossible to deactivate old systems out of hours and PSN are like Google in that they only allow a very small number of units to be active, no matter what the circumstance, at a time. Impossible...sly...it's so frustrating how impossible these no office, offshore, mega rich corporations avoid contact and human customer service. It's an insult, considering how much money I've spent since PS inception and I'm on the cusp of letting these corporate thieves do what they do best to those who are not me. I'm angry at all corporations that make gazillions of dollars but have no 24/7 contact and assistance details.

Now I must wait for these corporate dropkicks to wake up and do their jobs for god knows how huge a multitude of gamers around the globe hoping their business hours auger a result which does not include this current disappointment. They're not the only super rich corporate body that is cheap when it comes to customer service and from now on I'm going to word of mouth my experience with yet another player who enjoys taking our money but who has decided that customer service is hardly a requirement after deals are done and units sold and money in the bank...no thanks. Hoping some new gaming player comes along to topple Xbox Psn monopolies. I wrote this review because I can't get in touch with Sony and because they ran me from one pointless wasted exercise to another as though I'm stupid and would get bored with what appears to be an obvious game from a business I've long loved but now am now not at all a fan.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

PS4 customer service ‘blackmail’ policy - I purchased Armored Warfare 3 days ago. 1st problem-PS charged me twice for the premium package. Second problem- the queue time to get into play averages between 2 minutes and literally over an hour, making the game very frustrating to play. I’ve been a customer without problems for over 10 years and actually enjoyed playing the game when it worked, but that is so infrequent I asked for a refund. They said no refunds if you already played the game. I didn’t know it didn’t work until I played the game. So I said if the game doesn’t work I’m going to contest it on my cc. They said that they would Ban me for life and cancel my account. And they even told me that as a one time courtesy, that they would refund the double charge. But if I contest the refund would not happen because I would not have an account to refund back to once they banned me. So I’m heading to Best Buy today to buy an X-Box.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Last year I ordered the PlayStation Plus Account for my 7 year old son so he could play online. It cost around $60. We didn't end up using it. I saw a charge for the $60 again a year later and called that SAME day within hours of the charge and they said it auto-renewed and no refunds. I never got a notice from them that it would auto-renew, they just charged me. I didn't want it and explained that and they refused to give me the money back.

I called Chase my CC and disputed it and Chase instantly removed the charge (great customer service). Then my son tried to log into FIFA and it said his account was banned for violating the terms of service. I called Sony and they said that unless I pay them the money they will disable his account permanently. What a SCAM, this is horrible customer service and a terrible experience. We will be looking at going to X-BOX and Microsoft for all future gaming needs due to how I was treated.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

The PlayStation Online Network has been down for almost a week now, turns out that PlayStation charged $24 from my debit account yesterday. The entire network was down so purchasing anything would be... impossible. Called the bank and the PlayStation Customer Service only for them to threaten to close the PlayStation we have used for years and buttons of money into because the bank was investigating the fraudulent purchase.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I have never been so disappointed in a large reputable company such as Sony before. I paid for a year online subscription for $59 and was charged 5 additional charges totally $70.00. I was told that there was no refunds and I asked to speak to supervisor who told me the exact same thing. This was a Christmas gift to my grandson and I will not ever purchase anything if I can help it from Sony again.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

In the process of moving homes 2 years ago I did not use my Playstation or my account for days. I plug in my PS4 to find a new game pop up and find out that I was charged to my PayPal account. I reach out to PSN stating that my account was hacked and that a fraudulent purchase was made. They said they could not refund because the game was played. I reached out to PayPal who refunded me and the funds were refunded. This caused my account to be banned. Sony is now asking for $60 to unban the account which will not be refunded. They are thieves now more than a thousand dollars in movies, games, and content gone because of their poor customer service.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I've been a very loyal PlayStation customer, since the launch of PlayStation 1 back to late 90s. At that time I was 10 so I've been playing on the Sony console for 20 years probably spending hundreds of dollars on games. Ever since the launch of the PlayStation Store I have not really made a purchase. I recently got 120 dollars in gift cards for the store, I have made a purchase on Final Fantasy 12 The Zodiac age because it quit on my PS2 a quarter of the way through the game, I also purchased Need for Speed bundle which isn't a big deal but it is because it's 20 bucks lost. Need for Speed wasn't what I expected as it was for PS2. I have done searches and I have talked to friends and I know from them that the return process is pretty much always guaranteed.

I have not bought these games maybe more than 15 days ago and I just contacted customer support because for one thing the return link was broken and there was nowhere to request a refund on their website anymore so I contacted them and being loyal for 20 years you think that that would be into consideration but no. Not at all and didn't take more than 3 comments back from the "representative", to just come out and say, "Your request is denied," okay... And I was asked if I had any more questions. I asked a question and the response had nothing to do with the question I asked. For one there's no such thing as loyalty to them and I think I might switch because of this experience if you're not respected at all and if what you say is completely overlooked and not responded to at all.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

Sony PlayStation Network overcharge - Was trying to enter a card bought at Walmart and they charged my PayPal account instead. When they fixed it they closed account cause they said I disputed charge through PayPal. They were out nothing and yet they said they was keeping the money paid for card unless I give them the money they charged my PayPal account and if I didn’t they was keeping the other 60. WE NEED TO DO CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST THIS COMPANY. NO WAY WE LOSE IN FRONT OF A JURY. Their supervisor even admitted she would not do business with a company that treated her this way.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

They have a worldwide gift card redeeming problem. For 5 days I've been trying to redeem my gift card for PlayStation Plus and it will not work. I called, chat and Twitter with 3 different people. No results. The call I wait about an hour, the chat option is suppose to be quicker, well, it's not. I try to call and chat today. They seem to have take off for the New Years. But the phone is telling both of them should be open. This is the worse service I have ever seen.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

SO disappointed with Sony PlayStation. Horrible products and customer service. Bought a PlayStation VR Gran Turismo bundle from GameStop last Sunday before Christmas as a Xmas gift for my husband and the camera would not read our faces. We tried everything we literally could think of. Called customer service and reset the whole PlayStation and VR still not working called again and they said they would ship out a new camera to us on December 21st. It's the 26th today and I called and they said they cannot ship out a new camera. Not only did they lie to me but they made me wait for days for nothing.

I called again today to ask why it's not shipped out yet or why I didn't receive a tracking number. The representative looked into it and said they cant send a new one because it's not damaged or anything. Once I heard this flames were coming out of my ears. I was so pissed. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she was no help either. Offered me to send the camera with proof of purchase to Sony which I dont mind but she said I have to pay for shipping to send it to them and they will check and service it or send out a new one. Just keep waiting and waiting... Then they will probably lose my receipt and I won't even be able to return it and be stuck with it. This is ridiculous. I have never came across anything like this.

A huge company like Sony isn't even offering to send out a new camera that's not working! But blaming me because it's not damaged. Everyone is using their VRs that they got for Christmas and here we are complaining about how we were not able to use it. How hard is it to just send out a new camera or fix your products!? If you actually go on Google there are so many people experiencing the same problem and when they got another camera it worked. Why should I go out and spend more money on a camera that's not working when I first bought it. Horrible.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Charged for PSN monthly multiple times. I removed the default auto renewal for their one month subscription. They are saying I never did and won’t issue my refund. I was charged on 12/4 at 7:04 PM and I contacted them at 8:04 PM. They said nothing they could do since all sales are final. However, I never made a purchase. Their system did not make the required changes that were selected. Now I am being punished.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

You guys could not approve a $10 refund, very dissatisfied with this. All I wanted was to get my refund right after you charged my card. I've been paying monthly $10 when I know I can pay $49 yearly, and I still can't get a $10 refund.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Purchased a 50 dollar PlayStation Gift Card for my son on his birthday. We scratched the back to access the code. Only the last four digits of the code was readable. Called customer service and they said it would take up to two business day for them to resolve the issue. In the meantime my son is left with no birthday present on his birthday. Look I understand that things "happen" and for the most part these are "first-world" problems. However, if you are going to sell products or offer services in the "first-world" you must appreciate and understand that your consumers expect "first-world" solutions and customer service. You cannot receive money for something, promise something, and not deliver.

Their process is concerning and unacceptable. I am surprised that they were not able to do more in a timely fashion. They should have a process that is streamlined to deal with something like this. Clearly, they don't value gift card purchases because if they did this is something they would have turned their minds to. Needless to say I will not support PlayStation in the future.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

With the plethora of hacked companies exposing credit card information - Sony has provided a lucrative source of charging (fraudulently) into their "wallets" and then the fraudsters selling the gaming credits for cash to game players of PlayStation. I have NO PlayStation, am a 68 year old man who has no account with Sony, yet they have let someone fraudulently set up an account in my name with minimal verification, charge credits on several of my cards (obtained from hacks, waiters, or foreign companies selling card numbers) and then want ME to pay them (SONY). A search of the web shows this company makes it VERY HARD to reach via phone or other method and resists ALL attempts to rectify situations where either people like me have attempts at identity stolen or others who actually have a PlayStation account with phony charges.

Ironically SONY has been THE ONLY COMPANY that has ALLOWED this person or persons to use my two credit card numbers and fake gmail account to use their "wallet" system for criminal fraudulent purposes. It is a fertile field for criminals and a source of income for SONY as you read through so many people who actually have PlayStation accounts and have had to eat fraud charges. BEWARE OF SONY.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I purchased Resident Evil Biohazard 7 for $114 on Sept 30 and the sale came on 10 days later for 50% off. I called PlayStation and they would not assist saying all online sales are final and they don't offer any price protection or adjustments. I spoke to 2 cust serv reps, 2 supervisors and 1 manager and they sound exactly the same (like robots) saying the same thing to a tee. "In this case because you purchased the game and played it you cannot get a refund".

I never asked for a full refund. I even said put the difference on account and I'll spend it on another game, but they would not help at all. I feel cheated. The premium game is no different than the basic so that's a waste and now that the game is half price I feel even more screwed over. This is not right. Why aren't they held to the same laws. Sony obviously doesn't care about its customers. I've been with Sony over 15yrs. I think it's time for a change. I'm so mad about this.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Had an email Saturday morning thanking me for a purchase at 6:56 am. I was not awake with the kids until 7:45. Fearing a hack I filled out a refund request (stating it was not me) and cancelled the PayPal payment. Then set up two-step verification and changed my passwords. Sunday morning I am banned. Phoned today and will only get the account back if I pay the 24.99. They said I would get that refunded but only in credit. I have been held to ransom for my account. They are not helpful and accused me of downloading it the whole way through the call. I know about the refunds so if I did buy it I know what to do. They did not want to help. Now I have to pay as I cannot let all the games I have bought go to waste (ps3, 4 and a vita, over 100 games easily). I wanted to complain and was told the wait for a supervisor callback was 72 hours...

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I awoke one morning to find I was banned for no reason, and when a fellow gamer swore Sony never banned without reason, I checked my email for any solution, and tried to reach out to try and resolve this problem, but nothing. The Images I included shows I spent money on their service and would willingly follow rules to continue enjoying playing. I'm chronically ill, and I'm dying. A Stroke and a few seizures in a short amount of time is a sign for us with the illness I have, gaming lets me distract myself from reality, and it helps a lot. If they take this away at least give me a reason!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

My husband had downloaded Friday the 13th for me as a surprise at the beginning of the month and I was unable to play it until almost 3 weeks later, not quite that long. Adult gaming time is very rare in this household. I finally sit down today, relax, go to start the game... I need a PS+ membership. $10/mo. We don't have a membership and aren't exactly so well off or that big of gamers to have a subscription service.

So we paid $40 for a game. We need to pay more money monthly to play? So I chat with PlayStation Customer Service and explain the situation. Yes it's been downloaded, but obviously it's never been played since I've never had a PS+ membership. Could we please have our money back? No. Can we ask a manager since I can provide you with proof that it's never been played and cannot be played bc I don't have a PS+ account? It's the manager's decision and No. So I'm out $40 and have a game that can't be played? Yes. Or pay $9.99 for a months access on PS+ and play the game. Ok, so I can pay money and play the game for a month. At that point I pay $50 for a game I can only play for a month. Unfortunately.

Original review: July 30, 2017

I bought PlayStation 4 at it's inception. I bought an Xbox as well, but returned to a PlayStation 4. I have been playing Rainbow Six Siege online. I pay for 200 mbps internet. The entire online game is fake. Intelligent AI in my view just means they cheat you. Online play is ridiculous. I have the 200 mbps internet. I start shooting first, stay on target and still end up killed. I believe the game is hacked. Hacking is a crime. The online play in all games need to be seriously scrutinized for these hacks, no matter what the reason for them is. They are wrong and illegal. Enclosed are pictures of my paid or internet speed and a picture of the ps4's home screen.

Original review: July 12, 2017

Bought a game from PSN store. It kept freezing. I searched online and found hundreds of forums on the same game customers having same problem. Sony told me I agreed to their TOS and no refund. I replied kindly with "I agree but not for a faulty broken game I'll contact credit card company." Their reply? "Ok we will ban you. Have a nice day..." Beyond pissed. Awful advice!

Original review: July 4, 2017

MY ACCOUNT BANNED DUE TO PRE-ORDER REFUND - With E3 around the corner, I placed 6 pre-orders on the PlayStation Network. 4 of these were SONY exclusives. The other 2 games, however, were multi-platform. When Microsoft unveiled the XBOX ONE X, I decided I definitely wanted to play these one XBOX ONE X, instead of PS4 Pro. I have been a loyal SONY customer since 2009, spending thousands per year on their products. I have earned 193 Platinums with over 11,000 trophies. My account is worth well over $25,000 with digital PS3 games/PS4 games/and movies/shows. I called SONY to request 2 refunds for games that don't even come out till spring 2018. They were extremely rude too. I was actually told by one representative to "** off, all sales are final. We no longer offer refunds on pre-orders." I called PayPal and discussed that with them.

PayPal called SONY and informed them that their business practices were unacceptable. And because I had not yet received my product, SONY legally could not keep my money and force me to keep their product. PayPal refunded me $119.98 for both games. The next day I went to sign on to play some Bloodborne PvP and found that my account had been banned due to violation of terms of service. I called them up, but it made no difference to them at all. Once again, they were rude and downright nasty. Never invest anything into SONY or its products. And, their customer service is absolutely horrible. I even asked to speak to a supervisor, several times may I add, but was told that supervisors don't take calls. The end.

Original review: June 12, 2017

Within a day of creating my account, my information was stolen and my PayPal account had money taken from it. Sony does not have a customer support number listed on their website, and their online chat is permanently broken. It took Sony several days to fix this issue, and they threatened to ban my account if I did anything to protect my own money from their screw up. Weeks later, Sony banned my account anyway, due to "suspicious activity". That "suspicious activity" was putting on two-step authentication. Yes, Sony believes that trying to protect your own money qualifies as suspicious activity.

Later on, when my PS4 stopped functioning, I attempted to request a service repair. Don't bother trying to fill one out online, because (surprise!) their website doesn't work. When I finally got ahold of customer service to get a repair, they didn't actually repair my PS4. They sent me a different one with none of my files stored on the hard drive. Great job, Sony. This may be the most anti-consumer tech company out there, and that's saying a lot. This is a company that is actively opposed to the customer wanting to protect their private information and money. Sony has provided more service to information-stealing hackers than their own paying customers. It's appalling that fanboys can actually defend this atrocious level of customer service just because they once made a pretty game about shooting zombies.

Original review: June 11, 2017

I thought I would put that question everyone is asking to rest. When will PSN fix the sign in problems? Answer is never. There is a website called download detector.com that monitors every company you can think of and every issue it has ever had is logged on that site. Upon follow the link and messing around with the choices it has an error log section. You can scroll down to PlayStation Network and click on (past issue check) when you get to that next page it will have a list of the same thing for every day and the same reported problem (sign in) since the day the system came out.

The log doesn't stop, it is every single day for years with the same problem! So no. Sony is never gonna fix it. Some may get a little better login for a week or so but the problem will never get fully fixed. Be very careful with account hackers since Sony won't take responsibility for anyone's account being abused even though their personal systems are always down and that leaves open doors for hackers to get what they want! So yes, the answer is no, if it hasn't happened in years not even for a single day, then it's not going to happen.

Original review: June 5, 2017

I purchased Final Fantasy 14 A Realm Reborn and then later the update HeavensWard it is an online MMO. Square Enix decides to make the PS3 version obsolete not the game just a PS3 version. So my son helped me purchase a PS4 so I could continue to play my online game that I put many hours in and it is a monthly pay account to play. I called Sony PlayStation customer support and explain to them that I purchased the best versions of the game and updates and they weren't cheap. And that I would like them to either reimburse me so I could re-purchase the same games on the new PS4 so I can continue to play my game and they refuse.

I spent over $100 on those versions for the PS3 and I don't have an extra $100 to spend for the PS4 versions and if I did, why would I do that so six months down the road they make that obsolete too?? I'm not asking for much, I just would like to be able to still play my game. On this new PS4 console I was forced to get it in order to play my game. Now I'm sitting here with the new PS4 and nothing to do with it. I am sure I can't be the only PS3 person going through this unless I'm the last PS3 person playing this version of the game. Thank you.

Original review: May 30, 2017

Just all around terrible experience. I purchased something on the online store with a misleading description. I thought it was a full version of a game. Turns out you needed a full copy of the game to play it first. The refund process takes up to 2 months. In the meantime the representatives are rude and condescending. They spent the whole time trying to tell you how it's your fault. God awful company. I have no idea why I ever gave them money in the first place.

Original review: May 26, 2017

The customer service you provide is terrible. My copy of Resident Evil 7 was taken from under my ownership. They said I requested a refund but I never did. And when requested for the information on when it was done and by whom I was offered, nothing. The agent even kept trying to change the subject.

Original review: May 3, 2017

Sony's policy of holding all your previous online purchases hostage and blocking/banning you from the PLAYSTATION network when You dispute any charges whatsoever. My kids have been long time members of the PSN and we have never had any problems. I always knew what the kids were up to since SONY always sent me a e-mail for every little transaction they did even all the free add ons/updates, etc. Some days I would get 20 email's from them. About a month ago SONY started charging things to my PAYPAL credit account and then they switched over to just withdrawing funds from my bank balance. By the time I caught it there were 23 transactions that were not authorized and I also have yet to even get my regular e-mail from them confirming the transaction.

During this time there were some real transactions mixed in there but I received my e-mails for every one of those. Thankfully everything went through PAYPAL so I quickly got all the money back but SONY'S long running policy of BANNING everybody who disputes any charge for any reason period. At the same time they lock you out of the network and keep everything you ever purchased from them locked. That can add up to a bunch of money. As far as I can tell there are absolutely no exception's unless you pay all disputed charges. Why is this legal. How can they just basically steal your games.

I fully understand that SONY HAS ABSOLUTELY NO ETHICS department much less HAVING ANY ETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICES. How can they be allowed to blame our kids for SONY'S security problem and or them tricking our kids into unwanted/downloads, downloads that look free say they are free and are free until the money just disappears from your bank. What is real strange to me is what happen to the 23 confirmation email from sony. If anybody knows of a class action suit against SONY please let me know.

Original review: May 2, 2017

I had my PlayStation for 4 years, never once did I sign up for Autopay on PlayStation Live. Well the day I traded in my PlayStation for a Xbox, they charged my account. I called. They said they'd credit my account in 3-5 days. Well the 5 days pass so I call, they stated that they credited my wallet when I told them I no longer had the PlayStation. So they then said it will show up in 3-5 days on my card. Well here we are again, they now said 1-2 billing cycles. I then asked to speak with a manager because I was lied to not once but 3 times. Then I get a "manager" and once I ask for a ticket number he hung up. Now I'm waiting on chat. It's **. Their customer service SUCKS.

Original review: April 26, 2017

I bought my son a PlayStation 4 Pro for Christmas 2016. The PS4 start off freezing up. After calling customer service several times, they were instructing my son to perform different task to making it work with no response. March of 2017 four months of buying the PS4 it played out (would not come on). April 3rd, 2017 Sony sent me a box to mail the PS4 back. On April 18th the PlayStation arrived the same day. Sony sent it back to me with no note, no email explaining to me why they didn't fix or replace, PS4 back still broke.

I call customer service 5 days straight asking why they sent my PS4 back with no explanation. I was informed that nothing was on their computer. No note in the box. No email explaining anything. After repeatedly calling and talking to a manager on the 5th day, I was told it was bug infected and can not be fixed. I ask Josh the manager when was bug infected put in his note. He said "yesterday", on the 4th day of me calling. Sony is ripping people off, lying, unprofessional, dishonest, do not stand behind it products and I hope one day there will be a class action lawsuit against Sony.

Sony PlayStation Company Information

www.sony.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use