Sony PlayStation

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My account for PlayStation network was hacked. I was able to change my password and turn on 2 step verification but whoever did it deactivated my console and activated theirs. Which blocks me from content that I purchased from them. They will not help me deactivate the other console. I have to wait 6 months so till then they have access to my content. This is not fair and they should help me out. They just don't care. So if you're wondering what game console to buy I would not recommend Sony. Their security is not very good and customer service is even worse. Do not put your credit card or Paypal info on there because they will not refund you for unauthorized charges and if you stop payment they will lock you out of your account. No access to anything you have paid them for. Make sure anything you buy is from a store if you are going to use a PlayStation.

Got my account suspended for absolutely no reason! I have been a loyal member to this company for 3 years now and never had a problem up until now. I got on to play Destiny one day and found out that I couldn't login to the PlayStation Network because my account had been suspended. I call customer service and they told me I have been sending hate speech/ images to people and that was why I was suspended. But, I have never done that in my whole life. If I was mad at a player, I would simply block them. I don't have them to write hate mail to anyone and I'm simply not childish. I'm 22 years old.

Anyways, the guy on the customers service guy told me that the PlayStation Network always 100% makes appropriate decisions when suspending or banning people's account. In my mind, I was all like, "Yeah, I heard that one before buddy". I told him I was a innocent victim and that they made a mistake and he told me that he couldn't do anything for me and that I was LYING TO HIM!!! What kind of customer service is that. He accused me for lying??? The customer service employees seem like they do not care about their member even though they support their business with their money. That's how the employees over there have jobs. If it wasn't for us players out there, the PlayStation Network and most like SONY would be out of business. If it wasn't for my money, they wouldn't have jobs.

I also think it is absolutely outrageous that the PlayStation Network can just ban or suspend anyone's account for no reason even though the player already paid of an entire year to play online and purchase pre-order games in the PlayStation Store. That means if me or any other player out there got banned, they cannot download their paid off game in the PlayStation Store. In a way, they are stealing our money. It's almost like a scam. It seems they care about the customer's money more than the customer.

I believe with extreme prejudice that the PlayStation Network has no right to ban or suspend any player's account without a proper warning first. They should warn the player if he or she has done something wrong in the past that has caught the PlayStation Network's industries attention and let them know if something like this happens again, their account will be suspended or banned. So that will give the player time to call the PlayStation Network service line and let them know there had to be a misunderstanding or something before they just suspend a loyal member's account without any reason behind it.

When innocent loyal members such as myself gets suspended or banned for no reason makes me very, very happy when time that the PlayStation Network was hacked by a bunch of hackers. So, I hope a bunch of hackers see my review and hopefully, another group of hackers actually hack SONY PlayStation Network. I encourage you hackers out there to hack the SONY PlayStation Network because all they do is steal and scam all of their member's hard working money. The PlayStation Network and SONY deserve to lose millions of dollars for unethical decisions like this. They deserve to lose so much money for banning or suspending players for any reason whenever they feel like it.

So, I hope that in the near future that Sony PlayStation network will once again get hacked by a group of hackers and lose millions of dollars and possible go out of business. That would make me very happy and satisfied to see a thousands of PlayStation Network employees to lose all of their jobs for having to the power to suspend any players account. Hope you guys get hacked soon and lose a lot of business because you guys clearly only care about the customer's money instead of our satisfaction.

After reviewing all the negative reviews for Sony Playstation on this site and the web; I'm just surprised that Sony hasn't faced a class action lawsuit in order to remedy their unethical, unprofessional, and maybe illegal practices. Unfortunately, in American society more often than not; the only way that abusive business practices get resolved is thru the Courts.

I concur with many of the reviews on this site. Sony Playstation should have a disclaimer of "buying beware" regarding the customer service people would get if they decide to purchase their products... or I should say the nonexistent customer service. I own both a PSP and PS Vita and have a playstation network account. Recently, I have not been able to make purchases because of a glitch in their system that says that the "purchase cannot be completed" and to check under transaction history... only to see a bunch of missed charges but unable to complete transaction or being able to do anything about it.

I searched the forums and other link of "customer support" under the playstation network site only to find that there is no a single thing that could relate to it. I tried live chat only to find that it's not working and it directs you to call customer service, but I have previously tried that only to get idiots on the phone who pretend that they don't understand people with accents. Then, I found their email address in which I send them the pictures with the error messages but they won't reply back... so you have bought expensive equipment only to find out that they don't give a crap about the very same people that have filled their coffers with lots of cash.

About a PlayStation 4. It was still under warranty, and I only had it for 3 months. I sent it back to Sony. They mail it back to me and said it was bug infected but they didn't show me any evidence that it was they do not stick by their products. They don't stand behind their games. They want you to pay all of that money and still want stick by their products and I think they should have fix mine or giving me another one. I can't tell anyone how to shop but before you go spend a lot of money on the PlayStation 4 you better make sure that they honor their agreement.

I am an online player like a lot of people. I am competitive sometimes so I can get mad when I'm not playing at my best. But today I was in a good mood playing an online game and I sent a joke message to one of my opponents. Then Sony Playstation decided that I need a whole month ban. I have been suspended a week before which was understandable but this, this is unacceptable. This punishment came out of nowhere for no reason! I am very much mad at them for treating their customers like this. This is the worst customer service I have ever come across! And just yesterday I renewed my one month subscription to play online!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

My account got suspended with no reason or whatsoever and I called the customer services. They told me to wait. So I wait for a week and at last I got it opened. Only thing they told me was "network error". However, I had opened another account in order to not to miss the discount. I bought several games. That one got suspended too and I call the customer service. Again they tell me to wait. It has been more than 10 days and my account is still suspended with no reason whatsoever. I have been with Sony since PS1 and this is beyond acceptable.

Current users of Sony PlayStation or prospective buyers, please be aware that Sony will ban you from your account, and therefore all games which your children use on-line, if you exercise your credit card's capability to file a purchase dispute over an in-game purchase. According to Sony, your agreement with them clearly states that you will NEVER file a credit card dispute or they will ban you from using your account and therefore all on-line gaming capabilities. As parents may or may not know, without on-line capabilities, your system is pretty much useless and all of the money that you spent on their products can not be used during the ban. The ban could be either temporary or permanent.

Sony also reserves the right not to inform you before you are banned and suspended; based on my experience, they WILL NOT give you a courtesy notice of what is coming or the opportunity to resolve the issue ahead of the ban. Sony does have your e-mail address because it is tied to your account yet has determined to not use this tool to communicate with customers about a ban that is coming or to request additional information as a ban is being considered.

Here is my situation, my son wanted some weapon in a game. I approved him spending $5 on the item even though I do not understand spending $5 on a virtual item. He was unable to obtain it because he didn't have enough room in his account to accept the item (like an e-mail account from what I understand). Apparently if you buy too much stuff, you won't have room in your account to buy more (sounds like a great problem for Sony). He made room in his account. The weapon was not there. He was understandably upset as was I. I allowed him to purchase it again with another $5 from my credit card. I went on-line to see how to get my money back for the first purchase which did not work; we did not get the product that we purchased. I spend a fair amount of time clicking here and there in the Sony site only to come to one dead end after another.

A simple Google search revealed that this is extremely common and people do not get their money back. I was very frustrated that there wasn't a clear method to get a refund. I decided that I would file a dispute with my credit card for the $5, which I did. The money was back in my account within days. Sony did not dispute the repayment in any way and I didn't receive any communication from Sony. A week or two later, the PS4 system showed that my son's account was banned and he was unable to play any of his games. There was no notice that this was going to occur, no indication of how long the ban would last, nothing from Sony. Sony executed the ban on a weekend and they do not have support staff in their billing department to assist customers. There is not support a support option for removing bans on the Sony site; it appears that they don't want to make this widely known to customers.

I on-line chatted with someone from Sony who said that I would need to repay the $5 using a PS card and wait for the billing department to consider if they would remove the ban. I'm not sure what is a better form of currency to Sony than their own PS cards, so why not remove the ban immediately? Of course, this was on a Sunday and the billing department gives themselves 24-48 hours to review your dispute and from what multiple reps told me, that clock doesn't start until the next business day. On Monday, I was able to talk to someone on the phone at (800) 345-7669 and he was unable to flip the switch in the system to turn the account back on. Again, I was told that the ban would be removed in 24-48 hours. The Sony reps were all very knowledgeable about the ban process, timelines that they allow themselves internally, and that all of the decision making control is in the billing department.

I then talked to the supervisor who also does not have any capabilities to remove bans either or can not expedite the process. The supervisor also does not have any means of contacting billing. I told the supervisor that I am not trying to take advantage of Sony in any way, we simply did not receive what we purchased and their method to get customers reimbursements is confusing and cumbersome at best, so I did what I felt was my only option. My thought is that if Sony would improved their systems/processes for reimbursement, they wouldn't need to ban great customers over $5.

I probably lectured the person on the phone a bit too much but she didn't seem to understand what parents deal with when items like the internet or gaming systems are not available. My perception is that the supervisor didn't seem to care what is going on in people's lives and the disruption that these decisions cause customers. I'm not sure if the billing department looks at the whole picture before they execute a ban but I would assume that they can see every game that my sons have in their accounts, the amount likely spent on games, the system, in-game purchase, and their time on-line, to determine if it is really necessary to ban a user over $5; knowing that the user account is a minor yet the credit card is an adult.

In the end, my son's account was unbanned. Sony got their additional $5 for an item which we did not receive but I was told that I could on-line chat and open a new request to get that back. We were unable to use the system for a total of three days, one day of which was a weekend, the next day was a snow day with no school, and the next was a school day. I have informed my sons that I will get my $5 back from Sony through saying "No" the next time that they want something in a game.

Thank you for taking the time to read this review. I hardly ever write reviews such as this. My intent on doing so is to help parents who are trolling the internet trying to figure out why their kids are banned from their PS4 account as it may be because you filed a dispute with your credit card. Good luck with your situation!

My son's PS4 account was hacked for $178. I contacted PayPal and they gave me my money back. Now his account has been suspended permanently. The rep I spoke to told me I had to pay the money to have his account reopened. Why should I pay them for something we don't have, but if we don't pay it he loses all the games we have bought. Isn't this illegal?

Sony PS4 game system has recently started charging customers to play online and use online features. In doing so they will take your money but their network is constantly not working or when it does it is so laggy words cannot describe it, or while attempting to use it constantly drops you from network and you have to wait hours to try to connect. Also Sony has allowed the sales of videos games which when you buy they fail to say that their network is horrible and games can take days to weeks to download. This is a ripoff and false advertising to consumers. We pay for products, we expect them to function properly. How do they justify ripping people off. You suck Sony. I should have kept Xbox.

Long story short - hacker got into my account, bought $392 worth of downloads. I got my account back, asked Sony to refund the $392 and guess what, they refused as it is against their terms and conditions. Went to PayPal and asked them to refund (which they did thank goodness). Sony, as a result, banned my account! I have been part of the "Playstation Family (ha)" ever since PS1 but not anymore. I am well and truly done with such a disgusting and disgraceful company.

Whilst checking a payment for something on PayPal I noticed numerous £15,99 payments which had left my account during the months of Oct. Nov (20 payments) and Dec to PlayStation. I contacted PayPal regarding these payments and made the account to PlayStation inactive for fear of losing even more money. My son had not even been at home when several of these payments had left the account or been using a PlayStation elsewhere and had no idea about the points PlayStation claimed I have I authorised. On Dec 22nd my son, who had not used his PlayStation for a few days was told by a friend that his account was suspended or banned... They didn't even have the decency to inform me. I contacted PlayStation who told me that I have a suspension because I owed then £15.99. I tried to explain all of the above but basically said that it was my word against theirs and that the payments were authorised...

I paid the £15,99 on Dec 24th and my son is still suspended. He's had games for Christmas that he's been unable to play and when I called today they said that they couldn't give me a timeline of when the suspension would be lifted. It seems that if us mere mortals question these big companies they just have the power to pull the plug and make you suffer... Seriously thinking of investing in an Xbox for my son's birthday and Sony can go ** themselves. I'm now £300 plus out of pocket as they're not prepared to investigate. Reading some of these comments it looks like they've got consumers in position where taking money with no explanation is ok.

As with many around Christmas, I recently saved enough for a Ps4 slim. I have heard good things and figured It was ready for an upgrade from my Ps3. Having $60 left, I found out that Overwatch was on sale. I purchased it. Upon booting it up, I could not play it. It sad that I needed Playstation plus to play this game. I got a 2-day trial, which ends today. Upset with this, I went to customer support and talked to a man named Daniel. He told me what I already knew, I needed ps plus. If I want to play this game for a year, I need to pay 80 dollars. Nowhere during the process of purchasing did it say I needed ps plus to play this game. The major factor in my choice of console was that I did not need ps plus to play online, unlike Xbox. I paid 60 dollars for a game I need to pay more to actually play.

My son was banned from PSN for fraud and he is 9 years old! An online gamer kept offering him money for his online account and PSN is saying my son sent message asking for 20$ in exchange for his account. We have over $1,000 in purchases thru PSN, why the hell would we lose it all for 20$! Yet PSN manager, SAM, couldn't provide me with any proof. My son is devastated as he is autistic and has spent two years building his "happy world" on Minecraft where no one makes fun of him like they do in the real world... all for PSN to lock up everything and take his one thing that made him feel normal when he played. They were rude and couldn't hardly understand then. All this the week of Christmas... and yep, all the gifts I had bought him were for his ps4.

I won't go into a great amount of detail as much is already covered in other postings. Essentially, PSN would not allow me to download paid for software because their system didn't show the purchase. I had the proof but they didn't want to see it. WORST COMPANY EVER! Separately, I have also been plagued by their network issues just when trying to use NetFlix or YouTube. They have nothing to do with Sony but you can't use them on your paid-for PS3 unless you're logged in to Sony's network. Finally dumped them and went with a different device and couldn't be happier. Sony SUCKS!

I recently wanted to purchase a Madden pack from PlayStation Network store. It was down for maintenance so the only option you have is to hit the X button on your controller to go back to the previous screen. Well unknown to me is PlayStation Network charges you for what you were looking to buy when it's down for maintenance and your only option is to hit X on your controller which you believe is acknowledging it's down for routine maintenance. Well that's not the case every time you check back to see if the PlayStation Network is back online you are charged every time you hit the X Button which is your only option to go back to previous screen. Having no clue I'm being charged every time for me a total of over $60. Promised a refund in 3-5 business days. Now they say it's been denied because I used the points... the points were there but you can't give them back and because of that I'm out $60 dollars.

Sony must be making Millions upon Millions doing this to people who have no clue that every time the PlayStation Network is down for routine maintenance and the only option you have is to hit the X button on your PlayStation controller to go back because the store is down. Yes everyone you are charged, and because the points were used because you cannot give them back even though you did not want them all you are charged. It's a case you will not win... What a shame Sony you do that to people, What a shame... So Please everyone do not go back often to see if PlayStation Network is back online because every time you hit the X button because you wanted to order one thing you're charged every time you check to see if PlayStation Network is back online by hitting your X button thinking you're acknowledging it's offline. Think again. You are being charged for that same item every time you hit your X button.

Sony has worst customer service I have ever come across. I've been a longtime loyal customer since the first playstation came out but, I'm done. Their lack of any kind of ethical business practices is beyond my tolerance. Their customer support is designed as a roadblock to prevent access to anyone with authority. Access to anyone above phone supervisors with little if any authority via e-mail, phone, mailing address, or any other mode of communication or contact is denied as a policy.

I'll spare my long, excruciatingly stupid experience trying to solve an error on their part, which was and is painfully easy see. In a nutshell, they are designed to screw their customers for their mistakes without fear repercussions due to the dollar amounts, their legal disclaimers, and a well designed wall of scripted illogic performed by underpaid, third world phone operators with zero authority.

In an attempt to figure out why I was banned from one hour to the next, I try everything possible: I look up the error code, click on more information on my console, and try to decipher it myself. I finally decide to give up and contact customer support. In comes Bonnie. The entire phone call was unpleasant and not helpful, especially when the worker decides to give me sass the instant I ask her how she is. She mocks me like a child would, so I ask for her supervisor.

A sad corporate robot, the man picks up the phone and through listening to my complaints, tells me the exact same answer. It was as if he wasn't listening. I tried to explain to him how a band for seven days in the letter that has to be sent to and from corporate would basically be the same time, so why have such a terrible system? He didn't seem to understand, as it overloaded him. I feared for my life as he grew sentient, only to repeat the same answer I've received 100 times before. I honestly hope my call to Bonnie ruined her day, and I hope the sad robot rusts away. I have never seen such disservice and mockery of business. I'm getting an Xbox for the rest of my life.

My PS4 stopped working over a week ago. Strangely enough around two weeks after the year long warranty ran out. I received an online update from the system and an hour later the console shut down and won't restart. I tried to register my requirements for help on the sony online help site and the site keeps telling me I filled in info requirements wrong although I know I filled them in correctly. I cannot get any further as a result of this. It just seems like I have been conned out of over 300. Fantastic Sony!

On the 9-11 2016 I noticed that £39.99 had been taken from my bank. Unsure what it was for I cancelled the payment. On the 11-11-2016 I switched on my ps4 and got the message that I was banned. The following day I called support and they said I was banned for a charge back. Okay fair enough. So I brought 40 pounds worth of psn vouchers. Called customer support. They said they will pass everything to the network team. Came home from work yesterday and I am still banned. Called support once again and asked to speak to a network supervisor. Customer support said they do not receive calls only do call backs. I asked how long I will be banned. They said they didn't know but I am in a queuing system. Really. Should it take this long to unban an account when all debts have been cleared. I will give it another week then it will be goodbye Sony.

I have a terrible, terrible misunderstanding going on with my account being banned and theft charges being placed on my account, and me having to pay the consequences of someone's actions. I just don't understand why I would have to pay for something that I didn't even do let alone had any option in it. I just want to figure out something right because this is ridiculous. I have charges on my account that I didn't even authorize, let alone want, and yet, my account has been banned for it. I just want this solved. I don't know what else to do.

Today I had to contact Sony PlayStation support number regarding some problems with my son's Playstation plus and I have to say that the person in the other side was completely rude, unpleasant, disrespectful and with a very "I don't care" attitude. I was very disappointed with the service and with the way that he spoke with me while saying that "I am not going around and around and say this again... this is what it is and I am going to hang up this call". This kind of attitudes shouldn't happened! I am very upset and frustrated with this attitude. And I have to say that my question has still not be clarified.

I waited 10 minutes for the 1sticket Chat Room responder to disconnect the chat room because I did not respond within 30 seconds of his Can I Help You. Chat Room name was *Ramon*. Now I just waited again and received *Daniel*. Is this any type of Customer Service??? NOOOO!!! Now I am On Hold for it says Up TO 30 minutes in order to speak with a Manager!

I went to go watch Netflix today and was told I had to log in to the network to do so. No big deal, but then it wouldn't let me log in. Wouldn't let me change my password. Contacted customer service. They informed me that I had to pay for the subscription and that my account had been suspended. They never emailed me saying that my account was due, they never tried to pull the funds from my account or anything. I was unaware that I had to pay for the yearly. Whatever.

The closes my account because a charge was returned THAT WASN'T ME. I don't use FIFA points, I have not bought anything on here ever.

Yesterday, my PSN account was hacked into and a transaction of £20 was made to spend on Fifa Points(!) along with my PSN ID being changed. After being on hold for 50 minutes, my issue was dealt with and I was told that the charges made without my consent were being refunded. However, I thought that I would write to you to express how unnerved and vulnerable this experience has made me as a customer of yourselves as it seemed that my account was hacked into with incredible ease!

This experience is the latest in a long line of issues that I have faced since purchasing my PS4 last July. My initial purchase resulted with me being supplied with a faulty console. After almost a year of phone calls/emails/tweets my faulty console was finally sent for repair. Unfortunately, your support team's idea of repairing a console with an obvious hardware fault was to merely delete all of my save files, data etc. and send it back to me.

As you can imagine, this resulted in me having the console returned with the exact same fault as before, only minus numerous game saves and data. What made the situation even worse is that your support team refused to inform me what fault was present in the console, as well as refusing to inform me what they did to resolve this issue (although admittedly it was fairly obvious: nothing!). After numerous phone calls to your disinterested, lazy and sometimes rude support team I managed to get a refund on the console and buy another, less broken model.

As you can appreciate, these experiences have left me feeling increasingly alienated, frustrated and vulnerable with PlayStation and as a loyal customer of yourselves for nearly 20 years I would like to know what steps you are taking to improve the safety of your customer's data as well as your customer service as a whole?

Seeing as how I have been a loyal customer of yours for so long with no previous problems whatsoever, the fact that I am facing so many problems with my PS4 almost seems surreal to me. I am starting to grow somewhat embarrassed with myself that I haven't left yet PlayStation for the competition. Although, if these problems persist I will have no choice but to.

PlayStation (Sony) banned my account immediately, I am 15 years old and was going to play my PlayStation 3 and come online to see that I have been banned permanently without any information. Bad customer service, and after I spent a hefty amount of money on both PlayStation 3 and PS4 games (most likely around the thousands). I am furious to not have an explanation and also to not even get a warning or a suspension, I get instant banned permanently, I wasn't even in my account when I was banned, yes I had internet connection but due to my PlayStation 3 being unable to acquire an IP address I couldn't sign in so I am very confused as to why I was banned when I wasn't even logging into my account.

I don't want this to become such a big deal, I just want my account back so I am able to play with my friends and not have to spend a grand and some on the same, exact games I have already purchased, so please if there is any way for me to get my account back I will do anything I can. I chatted with Support, I called and got no information, and want to discuss the matter with someone higher up, and fix this so I don't have to empty my pockets on this. I have been with PlayStation for over 8 years with no problems at all and I get instant banned permanently, I am beyond furious and I demand an answer and my account back.

My son's account was hacked and 250.00 dollars was charged to our account. Back on Aug. 30th, 2016. Now 2 months later they are saying our credit card company disputed the account and because of this we have to pay the money in order to get our account unbanned. We have spoken with the Customer Service so many times. They knew our account was hacked and now we have to pay it back. I just can't even believe it. They said if we pay it, if we qualify, we may get a refund. This is the worst Customer Service I have ever seen. You would think a company such as Sony could do better. They have been no help to us whatsoever. Don't ever put a credit card on your account. Use PlayStation Network cards.

I recently purchased the PS3 version of a game add-on when I intended to purchase the PS4 version. I contacted Sony via Chat and the agent said that a refund would be issued. I was disconnected from the Chat and was unable to get back on due to an error message (turns out my ID was blocked from Chat and I still cannot connect after a month).

A few days later I purchased the PS4 version of the DLC assuming the refund for the unnecessary PS3 version would be forthcoming. During this time I could not log on to Chat and was asked to use the AskPlaystation Twitter account for messages. I tried this for weeks but got no response from Sony. I finally stated that if I did not receive a response, I would submit a dispute with my credit card company. I contacted PayPal and explained the entire situation in my claim. When this was resolved I was locked out of my Sony account without explanation. I spent almost two hours trying to connect to customer service and was finally told I had no choice but to pay back the money or my account would remain banned. The agent reminded me that the terms and conditions were clear that no refunds were allowed due to Sony policy.

I have spent thousands of $ on Sony from the consoles to the games to the accessories and cannot believe they would ban me over $15 without even explaining the situation or responding to my messages. It is so difficult to get through to customer services and to be taken advantage on top of that is frustrating. I cannot imagine it would be difficult for Sony to add a simple check on their website that says "Are you SURE you want to buy this content for PS3?" when everything else I have been purchasing for months has been for PS4. It boggles the mind that they would not even be willing to refund the content they know I cannot use. And to ban my account without even giving me an opportunity to explain my case is really unacceptable.

If it wasn't for my children using the PS consoles to play with their friends, I would never purchase anything else from Sony until their policy became more human-friendly. I admit that I should have been careful when making the purchase but to be fair I tried to correct this immediately after I realized the mistake. It would take one of their programmers a matter of minutes to add a "smart" confirmation message before a user hits the payment button to avoid this entirely.

I got my account stolen on 9/25. It got banned on 9/27. I got it back on 10/4. Then it got banned again on 10/6. I contacted one of the reps online, and they said that because the perpetrator made purchases with a stolen card, and the transactions were disputed by the stolen card's real owner, my account cannot be un-banned unless I paid the $60 that was charged back to the card.

Basically, my account is being held hostage for $60. The two reps I spoke with said the same thing. They told me I needed to purchase PSN credits on Amazon and then contact them again when I have the $60 in PSN Credits and then they'll escalate the matter to have my account un-banned. Because I refused, they decided they couldn't help me so they ended the chat conversation. WTF! After reading through consumeraffairs, I realized that I wasn't the only one this had happened to. I'm not happy and I'm going to close my PSN account and just get an XBOX One S. This completely killed my relationship with PSN and Sony.

I went to buy some downloadable content from the PlayStation store and the system was down for maintenance, or so the error I received said. I tried three more times with only one successful. I clicked confirm purchase only once as the other three times I received the error message that the system was down. About an hour later I got four separate emails telling me I had made four purchases. I immediately called customer service which they refused to refund me the $75 dollars touting their terms of service.

I told them I had record of the errors on my system, they even acknowledged the error themselves but said that because I got emails and they had already put the extra downloads on my system there was nothing they could do. I reached out to PayPal whom the payments went thru and they found in my favor. They said that the system glitched and PlayStation had no legal right to my money, now PlayStation is holding my account hostage saying I am banned until I give them the $75 for the crap I never wanted and told them to remove from my account. I feel like I am being blackmailed.

I concur with the numerous complaints listed here. I, too have spent copious amounts of money for add-ons. My son tried to download a Madden 17 add on and was unable to do so because of a maintenance issue on psn. I tried 3 times to contact them via chat to get it resolved to no avail. The first attempt took 30 mins to connect with live chat. It was close to 8pm PST and in the middle of the chat I was disconnected. When I attempted to reconnect I got a message saying chat was no longer available. Next day, tried again only to be left hanging on chat for 35 mins. Btw it said average wait time 10 mins, so I hung up.

Calling was even worse. I contacted PayPal to get my money back $9.99. PayPal concurred with me and reissued my money AND this is where the nightmare began. PSN banned me. In order to fix this I had to buy another $10 PSN card, contact them with a code and I am still waiting for the ban to be lifted. Was told 24-48 hrs, now told 24-48 "business" hours. So now I am out $10 and hours of time wasted. Talk about "guilty until proven innocent scenario". They have my money and I still have nada. What gives. Very unprofessional customer support, to the point that they are obnoxiously annoying with their "can I help you with something else today". Seriously, maybe they should work on the issue at hand and get that resolved. Do everyone a favor and stop patronizing customers.

Sony PlayStation Company Profile