2. Miscellaneous

Sony PlayStation
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.10/5
Based on 1,375 ratings submitted in the last year

Sony PlayStation Reviews

Original review: June 1, 2020

I bought a PS4 less than a year ago and it already runs slower and has constant issues compared to my 7 year old x box. My account was changed without my permission and now all my paid for content is inaccessible. The number they provide is fake and redirected me to scams and ads. They have no interest in customer service and once Sony has your money they're done caring. I have never been scammed so badly by a large corporation and no one can hold them accountable because you can’t even contact them. The PlayStation 4 is a money grabbing machine that has no interest in user friendliness. I will never buy another sony product again. If there were a negative star review option I would have done it.

Original review: May 21, 2020

Switched over from Xbox to the PlayStation, and it was the worst decision I could have made. Have had the console maybe 8 months and the thing already broke down. It’s still under warranty, but Sony isn’t doing online chats or repairs because of the Corona Virus rn? Why? I take great care of the console, never spilt anything on it or dropped the thing. Brought it in to the repairman and he said that everyone is having issues with their new Playstations at the moment. $80 later that particular issue is fixed, but now the damn thing runs so slow, I don’t even bother using it. My advice, save your money and get an Xbox.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I bought my Playstation 4 about 8 months ago after being gone from them for about 15 years. I loved Playstation back then but couldn't afford the new consoles. Well, I signed up for PS Network two months ago and noticed this last month (second payment of the subscription) that Playstation Network was double charging me each month. So I have paid $40.00 for two months instead of $20.00. I attempted to contact Playstation network support but they are essentially not speaking to any of their customers right now for some reason because of the exaggerated virus. So I decided to lodge a complaint with Paypal and they sided with me and refunded $10.00 back to my account (not the full $20, mind you).

So not only did Playstation still get paid for their month of service, they still have $10.00 of my money. So what do they do? They banned my account and I am unable to speak to anybody to resolve the problem. So here I sit, unable to watch Netflix or do basically anything with my Playstation that I paid money for, with the subscription I paid money for. Playstation stole my money and my service, and essentially stole my PS4 since it is just a giant brick now. Positively disgusting how they are treating customers, especially during lockdown with nothing for people to do. I was gone for 15 years with Xbox, this proves that I was probably right to avoid these callous thieves.

Original review: May 1, 2020

Have had my PlayStation account for over 10 years with hundreds of games and thousands of hours put into it. I have some mental illness, so to be honest my PlayStation was the only place I could have fun and get a sense of fulfillment in my life. I had 75 platinum trophies and would play everyday. I poured endless hours and was loyal to Sony for years. That is why when I received my permanent ban last week I was extremely confused and distraught. I called Sony support and they inform me the reason for the ban was due to a conversation I had with another player over message. I remember this message and I was only defending myself as he had threatened my life. I do admit to sending swear words but with my illness sometimes it is hard to control myself.

I tried to ask further as to why I can’t be let off with a suspension at most but alas, nothing can be done apparently. It’s amazing to know that this is how PlayStation treats their loyal customers, everything wiped in an instant without a second chance or any mercy. I have decided I will not be supporting Sony after this, as they truly do not care about their player base. I would advise any other people to stay away from this company. I trusted them for so long and to have my way of life just stripped away in an instant truly has destroyed me.

Original review: April 15, 2020

When I contacted PlayStation support to help me and keep note that I’ve been a customer for 11 years now and I’ve got suspended from my account because someone called me the ** word and they wouldn’t do anything about it. I’m extremely disappointed and they wouldn’t give me my cash back either or delete my debit cards. So the account is suspended for 30 days now and I told them about it and they wouldn’t do anything about it and I told them the other guy called me the ** word.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Original review: April 6, 2020

This will be a short review as I sure I'm repeating others words and feeling. My son bought Black Desert through the Store, only to find out after purchasing it that you had to then buy Sony's PS Plus membership to be able to log into the game. I thought "hey we'll get the money back for another game", contacted Sony support and was told once you buy it you cant get a refund!! He can't even get a new game, and with no money coming in due to everyone having to stay home. Big companies need to keep in mind that burning a bridge over a one time mistake/purchase will lose them money in the long run!!!

Original review: March 27, 2020

These people are rip off freaking thieves. They don’t calculate subtotal amount when you purchase a game from Playstation Store. I have just purchased Doom Eternal and when I checked out they said subtotal is $59.99. However, when I redeemed a $60 card, they added extra $6 out of nowhere!!!! This is total rip off you freaks!!!!!

Original review: March 19, 2020

I have contacted customer service and I have wrote Consumer Affairs in regards to my children's account being seized through the family management system. Sony has been unwilling to address this issue. I have spent countless hours on hold waiting to speak with a supervisor only to have the worker hang up the phone while I am waiting resetting the process. Their employees have also hung up the phone when I asked for a case number. When I finally received a case number they have placed it under the wrong account so when I call in to get the issue addressed they have to search through other accounts to find that the case number has not been linked to my account.

Sony has been unwilling to make the transfer of family members to different family accounts easier and if a child under 18 is added to someone's family without the parent's consent Sony leaves no recourse for that parent to maintain supervision of their child's account. This has made me no longer want to do business with Sony and I caution parents who like to supervise their kids on Sony's unwillingness to address these issues.

Original review: March 19, 2020

I purchased a game from Sony store called Day Z. It is riddled with bugs and damn near unplayable. Quite literally half the time I can't load in. It was difficult to even get ahold of their customer support from the get-go. Anywho it turns out they have zero accountability. Their policy states that they will only refund a game if it isn't downloaded or if it is; it is must be deemed faulty by them.

I've made over 50 purchases on the store and never had an issue. They receive the money or a portion of it and should be responsible for the products they sell just like any other vendor. Completely dissatisfied. Good old fashioned video game store have more ethics than them. You'd think you'd be happy to give back a meaningless 60 dollars to someone who's invested thousands in their products. But nope. In fact I asked for an example of a game that would be declared faulty by them and the criteria is that it didn't download properly. If you can't load a server how is that an internal issue. Must be something missing in the download files right?

Original review: March 6, 2020

I was permanently banned from using the PlayStation network service due to trash talking over a message. The punishment doesn’t fit the crime. I understand getting a temporary ban for a month or two. But to be stripped of all my content and access over words between two players in a Competitive environment makes no sense. I’ve spent well over 5k in games and add ons including the yearly subscription to the PlayStation plus service. They are basically robbing me. I want my account back and access. This harsh punishment is unjustified.

Sony PlayStation Company Information