Sony PlayStation

Sony PlayStation

3.7/5 (419 ratings)

About Sony PlayStation

Sony PlayStation Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony PlayStation?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

Do NOT purchase a PlayStation membership unless you’re ABSOLUTELY sure you want to support this crappy company. I have all three major consoles and was recently charged for my PlayStation membership two days ago. I also purchased a slightly discounted annual membership on Christmas Day and was going to use that but PlayStation charged me without warning for my annual renewal. Called them to refund my charge from 2 days ago and they said they couldn’t because it’s their policy to not refund more than once and they refunded me 5 years ago in 2016. Also, their phone lines were off for Christmas when I tried to call and cancel my membership anyway. DO NOT USE AUTO RENEWAL.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

I no longer have access to my email. Aim is no longer in service so I can't access my PSN because I don't remember my password. I can't reset because email no longer exist. Customer service was rude. Failed to help me and basically said I'm out of luck. With the hundreds of dollars in games I've purchased due to a error of the email service I was using going under extremely dissatisfied and considering moving my service and my children's to Xbox.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

I asked them to remove my email and personal information from their PSN system and they refused. My email is linked to their account and they are holding on to my info despite a notice. I regret ever having to deal with them, what a waste. Hope someone takes them to the courts.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

My son has had a PS account for the past 6 years. I have spent thousands of dollars on different disks and online games. He also was upgrading his account to PS Plus. Last year instead of buying a voucher I allowed him to renew his PS 4 plus using my PayPal account and he had not removed it from PS 4 account and year later two weeks ago PS decided to withdraw the money without authorisation. I had $80 disappearing from my account and after investing I found out what has happened. I contacted PayPal account to stop any transactions between my account and PS account of my son which is offered for free.

Two weeks later PS permanently banned my son from accessing his free account for canceling subscription to PS Plus for which he had never signed. He has not committed any illegal activities he just forgotten to remove his parent PayPal account from his PS account. He had never used or pay for anything without gaining my permission until Sony decided to do it for him. I am disgusted with the values of Sony and PS. They are punishing 15 years old from allowing him access to free account only because his parent decided to cancel unauthorised access to her bank account.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

I wasted enough time checking occasionally for consoles over the last year. It has never, ever been in stock from any retailer. Except that it always is in stock, and you can buy one any time from a dirty scalper. Are you selling any software to the warehouses full of consoles waiting to be scalped. Why can't I buy direct. Why can't I order one. I need to time the drops and race order bots. Screw that, I have a life. I am officially done with all Sony products. Seeing as I had ps2, 3, 4 about 60 games each and 3 - 70" flat panels you're losing tons of future business. There are plenty of competitors this time around.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

Sony has been taking money from my account without authorization. I asked them to stop. I have cancelled my card but they push the charge through. The people on the phones said it's my fault what can.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

So let me start by saying this, I have never once had a good experience working with anyone from Sony, this includes Playstation and Bravia. I always told myself I would never buy Sony products again because as usual, they are terrible and their CS is awful. First, let me start off with their policy on the 14-day money back. This is a blatant lie which I, unfortunately, have had to experience twice... First with a game that inconveniently went on sale the next day. Which was met with a super rude CS agent saying "LOL" in the chat. This was met with me never purchasing another digital product from them ever again.

The most recent issue is with "AutoRenewOn" for PlayStation Plus. I have had this turned off every time I have ever purchased it as I always purchase it during Black Friday. The biggest issue is they renewed it and are arguing with me that it is turned on. I know full well it was turned off and can prove it. But they don't care. "Jimmy" the supervisor says that auto-renew is turned on automatically whenever a purchase for PSplus is made. Weirdly enough I am requested to turn it on in my settings (This was before Jaqueline "Turned it off"). Hmmm, interesting. I wouldn't have requested a refund if I couldn't prove it... but they don't care. They continued to provide automated responses because these children are basically bots with no knowledge of customer service and no training, clearly.

It's a true shame, and I should've known better buying anything Sony. Learn from my mistakes, don't waste your time with an inferior console and a terrible company. They blatantly stole my money and can't be trusted.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

I bought a game on 11/8 and I cannot play it. I called them for a refund. Oliver told me that I had bought the game over 1 year ago. I told him that I had just bought it using PayPal and I will call PayPal to block it. He told me that if I call PayPal, they will ban my account. What the heck is this? I asked to speak with a supervisor whose name was Luis. Both Oliver E and his so called supervisor Luis D. hung up on the chart. Worse customer service ever. Very unprofessional.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

PlayStation Network has the worst customer service, they hang up on you and online is worse. I purchased COD point and they never sent them. I'm tired of this happening. The first time this occurred I ignored it, but the second time it ticked me off so I called and told them and they hung up on me. After they hung up on me I tried the online route but they was unsuccessful. They waited, stated, "We don't give refunds," then left the chat right after. I was trying to explain to them that I only wanted me COD points.

Once I could not get them to send me my COD points, I contacted my bank then had pull the funds back because I never received the product. Shortly after my bank pulled the funds PSN Suspended my account after they stole from me. No, I did not learn my lesson because it just happen again. If you guessed PSN did it again then you're right.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

First I bought Gran Turismo 7 but l didn’t realize it was pre order. Went to web and waited 40 min and robot says, "We see you have been here a lot" and blocked me. I called PS and they hung up on me. I will never buy PlayStation. Never again. Those games are no less than $65 each. The games look way worse on PS5. It’s complete trash. I have gaming PC and PS5 and Xbox series. Everything looks better on all other systems other than this system controller is the only thing that’s great. It to be go it’s I saw Ratchet and Clank. After buying it it’s terrible looking. Man what a waste. Please please heed my warning. It’s a rip off. I am very sorry I ever waited in line for this hunk of garbage and its trash games. I really don’t want to be mean to a company I used to love but it’s over for me. Thanks for listening. Never again. I will not buy another game software subscription from this company!!

Sony PlayStation Company Information