2. Miscellaneous

Sony PlayStation

Sony PlayStation
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.08/5

Sony PlayStation Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony PlayStation?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I have purchased several items from Sony, one day a hacker got a hold of my account and went out buying games through Playstation network, my bank noticed the unusual pattern of buying and notified me via text. I promptly answered NO to the question "do you recognized these transactions?" and the bank immediately and rightfully canceled my card and issued chargebacks to the transactions I answered NO to. 2 days later, Sony then blocked my access to all the games I have purchased before and after the incident. They cannot help you over the phone or chat once your account is blocked and the only recourse is through a webform which creates a ticket but I have never gotten an answer or resolution back.

Never trust Sony security, don't put any personal or financial information into their system as it will get hacked and they will force you to cough up dough for any valid chargebacks you do and hold your account hostage. Their Customer Service is the worst, their "help system" is built more on to how to not contact them than to be able to contact them.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

My four year old son charged $500 to my credit card, on Fortnite, I reported it like 5-10 mins after he charged it, PlayStation said they denied my claim, but didn’t send me no email stating that. The only way I was able to get through to an actual person was by saying I had hardware difficulties. Every time I called them they said they were closed due to COVID....just talked to highest person, Supervisor and she said I can report to customer affairs.... She treated me like I was not a customer. This has been four months, still nothing back!!! Beware of ever putting your credit card on PlayStation. My credit card was on there from putting Disney plus on there... SCAMMERS!!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I accidentally purchased the wrong cross-platform version of a game. So I contacted support within the 14 day refund period however since I already downloaded the game to my old PS4 which will never be used again, I cannot get a refund for the purchase. My mistake. Amazing that they can't do better in this day and age however to fix this problem, or just give me the PC version for free considering my account is connected anyway. So no help at all on that matter.

I asked instead since I hadn't installed the game on a PlayStation 5 because I don't own one, can they at least credit me the $10 difference in price I paid for the "cross platform" version that I cannot even use. They copied and pasted their previous answer to me and ended their customer service chat instead of addressing my new concern. So I am stuck with a game I just digitally purchased from them, that I haven't installed, that they refuse to help me with in any way, when all I want is for the game to be compatible on a system that I use. I know I made a mistake with my purchase but their customer support is terrible and I will never buy another Sony product again.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

Omg PlayStation really screwed up this release. Hey to the owners of Play Station if I was you I would be really embarrassed. Look on E-bay there is one guy with 6 PS5 selling them for over 1,000$ each. And over 400 people reselling your product for twice to four times the amount. This is bad business and I will never purchase anything from Sony ever again. Not a tablet, not a PS 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5, not even a pair of headphones. If it has the label Sony on it I am looking for the same product with Samsung on it. NEVER SONY AGAIN...

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

Worst service possible. Within 2 minutes of my conversation the correspondent decided to call me an idiot and a liar. So I asked to speak to a supervisor and behold he hung up the phone before I could speak to said supervisor. I called back only to learn that I'm blacklisted for some reason. I originally called because my account got breached by a third party that went on a shopping spree with my credit card. They refused to help me even though the purchases were made somewhere in Africa. I called my bank to dispute these charges and they obviously agreed that it wasn't me who spend 400euro on some games. They charged back the money.

Behold a day after my bank agrees to the charge back. I get a mail from PlayStation saying my account has been permanently banned because of the charge back. Again I try contacting playstation to inform them on what had happened. Still blacklisted. So in the end I managed to get my money back but in doing so last my account with at least 30-40 games on them. DO NOT BUY GAMES DIGITALLY. PLAYSTATION AND SONY WILL SCAM YOU.

Thomas K

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

Had an altercation with another gamer because I beat him and was suspended for 7 days. I came off that suspension and was issued a 30 day suspension without any communication with any other player. Sony never looked into or gave me any explanation. I just have to wait 30 days to use a system that I paid for because of a sour player. Do not purchase PlayStation Network.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

My account was hacked, like several others in the reviews, and I disputed the $100+ charges made overnight. They suspended my account. Chatted about reinstatement and they advised if I paid the disputed charges they would reinstate. Yeah right, I am going to pay for a thief’s charges. Don’t waste your time with Sony, go to XBOX. Ridiculous!!!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

A few months ago my PlayStation account was hacked and someone used my account information to purchase almost $600 worth of online games. I contacted customer service to dispute these charges and they did not help. I had to go through my credit card company to dispute the charges. When PlayStation saw this they suspended my account. After spending hours on hold and then again on their online chat service (with a supervisor) I was told that the only way I could reactivate my account was to pay the $600 debt on my account caused by the hacker. While trying to continue the conversation and get help they ended the chat while I tried to keep typing. This company has no concern for loyal customers. No wonder all of their side services are dropping one by one. I plan to take my $600 and go invest in an Xbox and you should too.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I was online playing Destiny 1 until I got logged out of my PS4 account. I contact Sony PlayStation 3 time asking them why is my account suspended for what reason. They said they found abuse on my account which is lied. They don't even believe the customer when they say people are abusing their accounts and sony playstation does nothing about it.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

I was on PSN for about 6 years now and it was good for the most part. Though I've had my account gang reported on ps3 days so I stopped acting like I did and grew up. Just this week on ps4 I was permanently ban. No warning or pre suspension for commercializing in a message chat which I don't recall doing. My ps4 code gave me a payment error so I thought, "Okay I can pay to get it back." I contacted support 4 times and got an advisor names Luis who rushed the conversation and closed it before I can tell them that creating a new account doesn't solve my issue losing all my store items that I spent over hundreds on and save data over a non-threatening or community app breaking message.

Sony PlayStation Company Information