Sony PlayStation

Sony PlayStation

3.7/5 (2594 ratings)

About Sony PlayStation

Sony PlayStation Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony PlayStation?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Original review: June 24, 2022

I bought a $75 gift card and it has yet to be added to my wallet as of 3 days ago. I tried calling PlayStation and each time it tells me to call during normal business hours 9am to 4pm; IT IS WITHIN THOSE TIMES!? SO WHY IS NO ONE ANSWERING?! I guess they fired all the call center folk around covid or around the same time they created a tier for their online subscription. I been a PlayStation guy for a long time. I’m gonna be switching to PC. Take all my money somewhere else.

Original review: June 6, 2022

I have tried calling several times over a period of time to cancel auto renew membership because it wouldn't let me do it online. Can't talk to anyone till you get an ID number from a bot CS message first. Online it would say, "Acct hasnt changed try again later," after I click cancel... Huge run around and it then took 40 minutes for a live person, Telwinder C.S. person who told me I can't get refund on auto renew - I said funny I can't change it online either so how convenient for you. Unless you go through bot and long hold times you won't get any resolution to your problem.

I had tried multiple other times to reach someone about these attempts on my daughter's card. I would get notices from the bank that PlayStation would try to charge my daughter's bank card every 2 days till she had enough money in there to pay $26.87! She is 15 years old. She would tell me that her bank was notifying her that a transaction had failed. Yeah because she doesnt have much money in her acct. I said why do you want to sign up again. She said she doesnt - she is busy with sports and school and has no time for gaming.

So after looking into that I found out it was playstation trying and trying and trying to charge her! I then tried to login and I should have been able to switch it off online - I actually did try but it rejected it - said "Your acct hasnt changed try again later" !!! So today I asked who turned on auto pay and the manager Akfahay that I finally got to talk to said it always auto renew which is really crappy = I hate companies that do that.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 10, 2022

I have been a long time customer of Playstation and pay for a few of their services. Recently, I ordered a digital item for a game except it did not work or download after trying, actually, a few days before I requested a refund. Not long I received an email from Playstation saying my refund had been granted. Sure enough. About a week or so later I receive an email from Sony Playstation stating my account had been suspended for a chargeback. Later that day they send another email stating my account has been banned for the chargeback. The chargeback I was informed was my legitimate refund for a digital item for a game that would never download.

So, I email, call, submit a request for help on Twitter, attach the confirmation of the refund to no avail. They never responded. And, wow, is it difficult to contact and communicate with such a huge company. It is arrogant for them to treat customers this way, as if they don't care if something is true or not, just click a banned button. Lazy. So, I'm giving them money via PlayStation Plus and another $24/ month. Of course, I have no choice but to cancel my membership and go to Xbox. Maybe they give a little d*mn about their customers.

Original review: March 19, 2022

Horrible service for automatic renewal. No matter how many time you cancel your automatic renewal they’ll always find a way to steal your money. This is my 5th! Time calling them. This is utterly sad and horrible how they run things. They just steal your money and tell you they can’t do anything. Will never be purchasing from Sony again. Been a 10 year loyal customer but I’ve had enough of their money hungry disgusting horrible service. Will not recommend to anyone.

Original review: March 12, 2022

I tried to log into an old account I have with Sony Playstation and they will not help me. They ask for information on an account that I haven't used in years and expect people to remember that stuff! Ive tried contacting them 3 times today and not one customer service rep was able to help and closed the chat out on me by Vidal the 3rd attempt to get help! The girl on the first attempt was very helpful but the window was closed on accident and I could not get her back. The 2nd attempt with Jorge was the worst. He didnt even bother helping or try to, he just kept telling me he couldnt do this without this information I haven't know since I last played on Playstation!! All I want is my freaking accout back. How hard is that to do! No wonder they are losing all their customers to Xbox because xbox knows how to treat their players and not treat them like idiots, xbox helps keep customers not push them away!

Original review: March 7, 2022

It’s absurd that your refund/ credit policy is based on whether content has already been played. I am sure there are customers who purchase and start games they have been looking forward to who experience a myriad of issues after playing It. PlayStation should have integrity enough to review what they put on their store for purchase. If a customer experiences critical issues with the material PS has listed in their store, they should be accountable for that. Otherwise, what purpose is there for any kind of support line? PlayStation refuses responsibility in any way and masks it behind “We can’t disclose information.” I had never contacted support for anything but figured this was a highly valid reason to just to be met with, “You already started it so you’re SOL.” Worst customer experience I’ve ever encountered.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

I purchased a $50 PlayStation store gift card, I went to redeem but got an error saying I already redeemed the card but I DID NOT. I provided my electronic receipt only to be told it's not valid, I then contacted the chat again for resolution only to be told nothing they can do. If the card was redeemed it would show in my transaction history which it doesn't. What can I do, and why would I have confidence in purchasing any more PlayStation gift cards moving forward?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

The Playstation Network has made it impossible to make payments via their console devices and now requires a third party service which creates added issues with services and payments. Also their family management service is broken and family members cannot be added, removed, change or elevated to accounts. Finally, their linkage between other applications and accounts makes it impossible to remove a link without destroying data on the other application and account. Support has no remedy for these issues and cannot seem to figure out how to open a defect case with the PSN engineering teams.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

Do NOT purchase a PlayStation membership unless you’re ABSOLUTELY sure you want to support this crappy company. I have all three major consoles and was recently charged for my PlayStation membership two days ago. I also purchased a slightly discounted annual membership on Christmas Day and was going to use that but PlayStation charged me without warning for my annual renewal. Called them to refund my charge from 2 days ago and they said they couldn’t because it’s their policy to not refund more than once and they refunded me 5 years ago in 2016. Also, their phone lines were off for Christmas when I tried to call and cancel my membership anyway. DO NOT USE AUTO RENEWAL.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

I no longer have access to my email. Aim is no longer in service so I can't access my PSN because I don't remember my password. I can't reset because email no longer exist. Customer service was rude. Failed to help me and basically said I'm out of luck. With the hundreds of dollars in games I've purchased due to a error of the email service I was using going under extremely dissatisfied and considering moving my service and my children's to Xbox.

Sony PlayStation Company Information