Sony PlayStation

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My son's PS4 account was hacked for $178. I contacted PayPal and they gave me my money back. Now his account has been suspended permanently. The rep I spoke to told me I had to pay the money to have his account reopened. Why should I pay them for something we don't have, but if we don't pay it he loses all the games we have bought. Isn't this illegal?

Sony PS4 game system has recently started charging customers to play online and use online features. In doing so they will take your money but their network is constantly not working or when it does it is so laggy words cannot describe it, or while attempting to use it constantly drops you from network and you have to wait hours to try to connect. Also Sony has allowed the sales of videos games which when you buy they fail to say that their network is horrible and games can take days to weeks to download. This is a ripoff and false advertising to consumers. We pay for products, we expect them to function properly. How do they justify ripping people off. You suck Sony. I should have kept Xbox.

Long story short - hacker got into my account, bought $392 worth of downloads. I got my account back, asked Sony to refund the $392 and guess what, they refused as it is against their terms and conditions. Went to PayPal and asked them to refund (which they did thank goodness). Sony, as a result, banned my account! I have been part of the "Playstation Family (ha)" ever since PS1 but not anymore. I am well and truly done with such a disgusting and disgraceful company.

Whilst checking a payment for something on PayPal I noticed numerous £15,99 payments which had left my account during the months of Oct. Nov (20 payments) and Dec to PlayStation. I contacted PayPal regarding these payments and made the account to PlayStation inactive for fear of losing even more money. My son had not even been at home when several of these payments had left the account or been using a PlayStation elsewhere and had no idea about the points PlayStation claimed I have I authorised. On Dec 22nd my son, who had not used his PlayStation for a few days was told by a friend that his account was suspended or banned... They didn't even have the decency to inform me. I contacted PlayStation who told me that I have a suspension because I owed then £15.99. I tried to explain all of the above but basically said that it was my word against theirs and that the payments were authorised...

I paid the £15,99 on Dec 24th and my son is still suspended. He's had games for Christmas that he's been unable to play and when I called today they said that they couldn't give me a timeline of when the suspension would be lifted. It seems that if us mere mortals question these big companies they just have the power to pull the plug and make you suffer... Seriously thinking of investing in an Xbox for my son's birthday and Sony can go ** themselves. I'm now £300 plus out of pocket as they're not prepared to investigate. Reading some of these comments it looks like they've got consumers in position where taking money with no explanation is ok.

As with many around Christmas, I recently saved enough for a Ps4 slim. I have heard good things and figured It was ready for an upgrade from my Ps3. Having $60 left, I found out that Overwatch was on sale. I purchased it. Upon booting it up, I could not play it. It sad that I needed Playstation plus to play this game. I got a 2-day trial, which ends today. Upset with this, I went to customer support and talked to a man named Daniel. He told me what I already knew, I needed ps plus. If I want to play this game for a year, I need to pay 80 dollars. Nowhere during the process of purchasing did it say I needed ps plus to play this game. The major factor in my choice of console was that I did not need ps plus to play online, unlike Xbox. I paid 60 dollars for a game I need to pay more to actually play.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

My son was banned from PSN for fraud and he is 9 years old! An online gamer kept offering him money for his online account and PSN is saying my son sent message asking for 20$ in exchange for his account. We have over $1,000 in purchases thru PSN, why the hell would we lose it all for 20$! Yet PSN manager, SAM, couldn't provide me with any proof. My son is devastated as he is autistic and has spent two years building his "happy world" on Minecraft where no one makes fun of him like they do in the real world... all for PSN to lock up everything and take his one thing that made him feel normal when he played. They were rude and couldn't hardly understand then. All this the week of Christmas... and yep, all the gifts I had bought him were for his ps4.

I won't go into a great amount of detail as much is already covered in other postings. Essentially, PSN would not allow me to download paid for software because their system didn't show the purchase. I had the proof but they didn't want to see it. WORST COMPANY EVER! Separately, I have also been plagued by their network issues just when trying to use NetFlix or YouTube. They have nothing to do with Sony but you can't use them on your paid-for PS3 unless you're logged in to Sony's network. Finally dumped them and went with a different device and couldn't be happier. Sony SUCKS!

I recently wanted to purchase a Madden pack from PlayStation Network store. It was down for maintenance so the only option you have is to hit the X button on your controller to go back to the previous screen. Well unknown to me is PlayStation Network charges you for what you were looking to buy when it's down for maintenance and your only option is to hit X on your controller which you believe is acknowledging it's down for routine maintenance. Well that's not the case every time you check back to see if the PlayStation Network is back online you are charged every time you hit the X Button which is your only option to go back to previous screen. Having no clue I'm being charged every time for me a total of over $60. Promised a refund in 3-5 business days. Now they say it's been denied because I used the points... the points were there but you can't give them back and because of that I'm out $60 dollars.

Sony must be making Millions upon Millions doing this to people who have no clue that every time the PlayStation Network is down for routine maintenance and the only option you have is to hit the X button on your PlayStation controller to go back because the store is down. Yes everyone you are charged, and because the points were used because you cannot give them back even though you did not want them all you are charged. It's a case you will not win... What a shame Sony you do that to people, What a shame... So Please everyone do not go back often to see if PlayStation Network is back online because every time you hit the X button because you wanted to order one thing you're charged every time you check to see if PlayStation Network is back online by hitting your X button thinking you're acknowledging it's offline. Think again. You are being charged for that same item every time you hit your X button.

Sony has worst customer service I have ever come across. I've been a longtime loyal customer since the first playstation came out but, I'm done. Their lack of any kind of ethical business practices is beyond my tolerance. Their customer support is designed as a roadblock to prevent access to anyone with authority. Access to anyone above phone supervisors with little if any authority via e-mail, phone, mailing address, or any other mode of communication or contact is denied as a policy.

I'll spare my long, excruciatingly stupid experience trying to solve an error on their part, which was and is painfully easy see. In a nutshell, they are designed to screw their customers for their mistakes without fear repercussions due to the dollar amounts, their legal disclaimers, and a well designed wall of scripted illogic performed by underpaid, third world phone operators with zero authority.

In an attempt to figure out why I was banned from one hour to the next, I try everything possible: I look up the error code, click on more information on my console, and try to decipher it myself. I finally decide to give up and contact customer support. In comes Bonnie. The entire phone call was unpleasant and not helpful, especially when the worker decides to give me sass the instant I ask her how she is. She mocks me like a child would, so I ask for her supervisor.

A sad corporate robot, the man picks up the phone and through listening to my complaints, tells me the exact same answer. It was as if he wasn't listening. I tried to explain to him how a band for seven days in the letter that has to be sent to and from corporate would basically be the same time, so why have such a terrible system? He didn't seem to understand, as it overloaded him. I feared for my life as he grew sentient, only to repeat the same answer I've received 100 times before. I honestly hope my call to Bonnie ruined her day, and I hope the sad robot rusts away. I have never seen such disservice and mockery of business. I'm getting an Xbox for the rest of my life.

My PS4 stopped working over a week ago. Strangely enough around two weeks after the year long warranty ran out. I received an online update from the system and an hour later the console shut down and won't restart. I tried to register my requirements for help on the sony online help site and the site keeps telling me I filled in info requirements wrong although I know I filled them in correctly. I cannot get any further as a result of this. It just seems like I have been conned out of over 300. Fantastic Sony!

On the 9-11 2016 I noticed that £39.99 had been taken from my bank. Unsure what it was for I cancelled the payment. On the 11-11-2016 I switched on my ps4 and got the message that I was banned. The following day I called support and they said I was banned for a charge back. Okay fair enough. So I brought 40 pounds worth of psn vouchers. Called customer support. They said they will pass everything to the network team. Came home from work yesterday and I am still banned. Called support once again and asked to speak to a network supervisor. Customer support said they do not receive calls only do call backs. I asked how long I will be banned. They said they didn't know but I am in a queuing system. Really. Should it take this long to unban an account when all debts have been cleared. I will give it another week then it will be goodbye Sony.

I have a terrible, terrible misunderstanding going on with my account being banned and theft charges being placed on my account, and me having to pay the consequences of someone's actions. I just don't understand why I would have to pay for something that I didn't even do let alone had any option in it. I just want to figure out something right because this is ridiculous. I have charges on my account that I didn't even authorize, let alone want, and yet, my account has been banned for it. I just want this solved. I don't know what else to do.

Today I had to contact Sony PlayStation support number regarding some problems with my son's Playstation plus and I have to say that the person in the other side was completely rude, unpleasant, disrespectful and with a very "I don't care" attitude. I was very disappointed with the service and with the way that he spoke with me while saying that "I am not going around and around and say this again... this is what it is and I am going to hang up this call". This kind of attitudes shouldn't happened! I am very upset and frustrated with this attitude. And I have to say that my question has still not be clarified.

I waited 10 minutes for the 1sticket Chat Room responder to disconnect the chat room because I did not respond within 30 seconds of his Can I Help You. Chat Room name was *Ramon*. Now I just waited again and received *Daniel*. Is this any type of Customer Service??? NOOOO!!! Now I am On Hold for it says Up TO 30 minutes in order to speak with a Manager!

I went to go watch Netflix today and was told I had to log in to the network to do so. No big deal, but then it wouldn't let me log in. Wouldn't let me change my password. Contacted customer service. They informed me that I had to pay for the subscription and that my account had been suspended. They never emailed me saying that my account was due, they never tried to pull the funds from my account or anything. I was unaware that I had to pay for the yearly. Whatever.

The closes my account because a charge was returned THAT WASN'T ME. I don't use FIFA points, I have not bought anything on here ever.

Yesterday, my PSN account was hacked into and a transaction of £20 was made to spend on Fifa Points(!) along with my PSN ID being changed. After being on hold for 50 minutes, my issue was dealt with and I was told that the charges made without my consent were being refunded. However, I thought that I would write to you to express how unnerved and vulnerable this experience has made me as a customer of yourselves as it seemed that my account was hacked into with incredible ease!

This experience is the latest in a long line of issues that I have faced since purchasing my PS4 last July. My initial purchase resulted with me being supplied with a faulty console. After almost a year of phone calls/emails/tweets my faulty console was finally sent for repair. Unfortunately, your support team's idea of repairing a console with an obvious hardware fault was to merely delete all of my save files, data etc. and send it back to me.

As you can imagine, this resulted in me having the console returned with the exact same fault as before, only minus numerous game saves and data. What made the situation even worse is that your support team refused to inform me what fault was present in the console, as well as refusing to inform me what they did to resolve this issue (although admittedly it was fairly obvious: nothing!). After numerous phone calls to your disinterested, lazy and sometimes rude support team I managed to get a refund on the console and buy another, less broken model.

As you can appreciate, these experiences have left me feeling increasingly alienated, frustrated and vulnerable with PlayStation and as a loyal customer of yourselves for nearly 20 years I would like to know what steps you are taking to improve the safety of your customer's data as well as your customer service as a whole?

Seeing as how I have been a loyal customer of yours for so long with no previous problems whatsoever, the fact that I am facing so many problems with my PS4 almost seems surreal to me. I am starting to grow somewhat embarrassed with myself that I haven't left yet PlayStation for the competition. Although, if these problems persist I will have no choice but to.

PlayStation (Sony) banned my account immediately, I am 15 years old and was going to play my PlayStation 3 and come online to see that I have been banned permanently without any information. Bad customer service, and after I spent a hefty amount of money on both PlayStation 3 and PS4 games (most likely around the thousands). I am furious to not have an explanation and also to not even get a warning or a suspension, I get instant banned permanently, I wasn't even in my account when I was banned, yes I had internet connection but due to my PlayStation 3 being unable to acquire an IP address I couldn't sign in so I am very confused as to why I was banned when I wasn't even logging into my account.

I don't want this to become such a big deal, I just want my account back so I am able to play with my friends and not have to spend a grand and some on the same, exact games I have already purchased, so please if there is any way for me to get my account back I will do anything I can. I chatted with Support, I called and got no information, and want to discuss the matter with someone higher up, and fix this so I don't have to empty my pockets on this. I have been with PlayStation for over 8 years with no problems at all and I get instant banned permanently, I am beyond furious and I demand an answer and my account back.

My son's account was hacked and 250.00 dollars was charged to our account. Back on Aug. 30th, 2016. Now 2 months later they are saying our credit card company disputed the account and because of this we have to pay the money in order to get our account unbanned. We have spoken with the Customer Service so many times. They knew our account was hacked and now we have to pay it back. I just can't even believe it. They said if we pay it, if we qualify, we may get a refund. This is the worst Customer Service I have ever seen. You would think a company such as Sony could do better. They have been no help to us whatsoever. Don't ever put a credit card on your account. Use PlayStation Network cards.

I recently purchased the PS3 version of a game add-on when I intended to purchase the PS4 version. I contacted Sony via Chat and the agent said that a refund would be issued. I was disconnected from the Chat and was unable to get back on due to an error message (turns out my ID was blocked from Chat and I still cannot connect after a month).

A few days later I purchased the PS4 version of the DLC assuming the refund for the unnecessary PS3 version would be forthcoming. During this time I could not log on to Chat and was asked to use the AskPlaystation Twitter account for messages. I tried this for weeks but got no response from Sony. I finally stated that if I did not receive a response, I would submit a dispute with my credit card company. I contacted PayPal and explained the entire situation in my claim. When this was resolved I was locked out of my Sony account without explanation. I spent almost two hours trying to connect to customer service and was finally told I had no choice but to pay back the money or my account would remain banned. The agent reminded me that the terms and conditions were clear that no refunds were allowed due to Sony policy.

I have spent thousands of $ on Sony from the consoles to the games to the accessories and cannot believe they would ban me over $15 without even explaining the situation or responding to my messages. It is so difficult to get through to customer services and to be taken advantage on top of that is frustrating. I cannot imagine it would be difficult for Sony to add a simple check on their website that says "Are you SURE you want to buy this content for PS3?" when everything else I have been purchasing for months has been for PS4. It boggles the mind that they would not even be willing to refund the content they know I cannot use. And to ban my account without even giving me an opportunity to explain my case is really unacceptable.

If it wasn't for my children using the PS consoles to play with their friends, I would never purchase anything else from Sony until their policy became more human-friendly. I admit that I should have been careful when making the purchase but to be fair I tried to correct this immediately after I realized the mistake. It would take one of their programmers a matter of minutes to add a "smart" confirmation message before a user hits the payment button to avoid this entirely.

I got my account stolen on 9/25. It got banned on 9/27. I got it back on 10/4. Then it got banned again on 10/6. I contacted one of the reps online, and they said that because the perpetrator made purchases with a stolen card, and the transactions were disputed by the stolen card's real owner, my account cannot be un-banned unless I paid the $60 that was charged back to the card.

Basically, my account is being held hostage for $60. The two reps I spoke with said the same thing. They told me I needed to purchase PSN credits on Amazon and then contact them again when I have the $60 in PSN Credits and then they'll escalate the matter to have my account un-banned. Because I refused, they decided they couldn't help me so they ended the chat conversation. WTF! After reading through consumeraffairs, I realized that I wasn't the only one this had happened to. I'm not happy and I'm going to close my PSN account and just get an XBOX One S. This completely killed my relationship with PSN and Sony.

I went to buy some downloadable content from the PlayStation store and the system was down for maintenance, or so the error I received said. I tried three more times with only one successful. I clicked confirm purchase only once as the other three times I received the error message that the system was down. About an hour later I got four separate emails telling me I had made four purchases. I immediately called customer service which they refused to refund me the $75 dollars touting their terms of service.

I told them I had record of the errors on my system, they even acknowledged the error themselves but said that because I got emails and they had already put the extra downloads on my system there was nothing they could do. I reached out to PayPal whom the payments went thru and they found in my favor. They said that the system glitched and PlayStation had no legal right to my money, now PlayStation is holding my account hostage saying I am banned until I give them the $75 for the crap I never wanted and told them to remove from my account. I feel like I am being blackmailed.

I concur with the numerous complaints listed here. I, too have spent copious amounts of money for add-ons. My son tried to download a Madden 17 add on and was unable to do so because of a maintenance issue on psn. I tried 3 times to contact them via chat to get it resolved to no avail. The first attempt took 30 mins to connect with live chat. It was close to 8pm PST and in the middle of the chat I was disconnected. When I attempted to reconnect I got a message saying chat was no longer available. Next day, tried again only to be left hanging on chat for 35 mins. Btw it said average wait time 10 mins, so I hung up.

Calling was even worse. I contacted PayPal to get my money back $9.99. PayPal concurred with me and reissued my money AND this is where the nightmare began. PSN banned me. In order to fix this I had to buy another $10 PSN card, contact them with a code and I am still waiting for the ban to be lifted. Was told 24-48 hrs, now told 24-48 "business" hours. So now I am out $10 and hours of time wasted. Talk about "guilty until proven innocent scenario". They have my money and I still have nada. What gives. Very unprofessional customer support, to the point that they are obnoxiously annoying with their "can I help you with something else today". Seriously, maybe they should work on the issue at hand and get that resolved. Do everyone a favor and stop patronizing customers.

Banned when disputing unauthorised transactions by Sony after a fault on their website. Customer services are crazy bad. No time goals for any complaints or call backs. They are untouchable it seems, unless you're a hacker then they have no power to protect your account. Want a new console? Maybe try another system.

I had to cancel my grandson's account and wipe the PS4 HDD to remove all games and account information. I then opened an account in my name on the very same console. Had all of his information from the closed account along with the names of the games I had purchased in digital form. I contacted PS to get a voucher for those games and was told there was nothing they could do. The games were lost because they could not transfer to my account once they were removed from the system. I informed them that I did attempt to back the games up but they kept trying to restore the account I had closed. I told them I paid for the games and that I would like to get them back. I told them that they almost force you to buy digital games because there are quite a few that only come out that way before they are released on DVD. I want either my games or my money.

Last year I signed up for a PlayStation Plus membership. This year I was charged again due to an auto-renewal that I was automatically signed up for but was unaware of. This caused my balance to fall into the negative so I also received a NSF charge from my bank. First I went to deactivate the auto-renewal on my PlayStation Plus membership, but I couldn't figure it out. I ended up having to Google how to deactivate it and even then it took searching through several results for the correct answer.

I then contacted PlayStation network and expressed my frustration at the policy and the additional fees it had incurred but all they did was offer to take me off auto-renewal. They didn't seem to care about the additional trouble they had caused me as a customer due to their lack of transparency about their membership renewal practices and the difficulty in discontinuing the service. I have been extremely happy with PlayStation up to this point but this whole experience has completely ruined that. I will not be renewing next year, I will seriously reconsidering purchasing any more games through their service, and I will no longer recommend PlayStation as a good product.

I've spoken with Sony customer service support for 2 weeks about refunding a game that ain't working at release and I paid full price. I never asked for a cent back before and I've been treated like a liar over 59 dollars when I don't even have an idea how many money I gave that company over the years. I did not ask a refund for a triple A working game, but for the infamous No Man Sky. I played it for a few days to discover that the last crash I received completely corrupted my game save data. I immediately asked for a refund after that since I was already getting tilted by the amount of crashes, and when it corrupted the save I literally cleared up my mind.

Sony customer support said that I had to contact myself hello games to obtain from them an allowance to refund the game. I mean this is not even legal. I've told them that my contract is with psn and it's incredible to ask me to fill a refund request to a company that has very little to do with my purchase, nevertheless I contacted them 2 weeks ago and still ain't got an answer to this date.

I've spoken with many of them because I already understood that their judgment is arbitrary. To the same problem several assistants gave different answers. A couple said I had to contact hello games myself, others just said that I downloaded the game and even if it crashed and was unplayable I wouldn't have a right to refund (incredible, right? They can put any file they want over there and if it doesn't work it's your fault for buying it and trusting into the psn quality because you ain't got telekinetic powers to see if the game isn't bugged before you even have a chance to try it on your machine).

And this is it, I either have to wait for years for a bunch of scammers to contact me (hello games) and allow something that in my continent (europe) is defended by law, and, I'm pretty sure that even then I will not have my refund because with that trick they achieved the objective of making me lose time. Or, as some assistants said I'm simply screwed and whenever I download broken games from psn, I have to consider myself legally robbed and can't do anything about that.

All this because they think that their terms of service are above the law when it's even written there in the end, the terms of services are valid in the limits provided by law. In fact on the PlayStation site there is a page that is ignored by the whole customer support, and is there just to make europe think they respect the law. At the bottom of it there is a paragraph saying: "You may also request a refund by using the form located here. You may want to refer to the purchase confirmation email you received when you made your purchase in order to complete this form." The linked page is this one: ** (This is the Uk version. I'm italian and it's identical since it's an european law. You can check it by changing en-gb to it-it). And it says since the beginning:

"Right of withdrawal. You have the right to withdraw from the service named below within 14 days without giving any reason. The withdrawal period will expire after 14 days from the day of the conclusion of the contract. To exercise the right of withdrawal, you must inform us of your decision to withdraw from this contract by an unequivocal statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, statement made over the phone, fax or e-mail). You may use the attached model withdrawal form, but it is not obligatory."

And then there's the form to compile. I can anticipate it's all a lie. They will still request a reason (breaking the law), strategically making you lose time and hoping you'll ignore the form. I've sent this form compiled and all I got was a classic answer from the support request still brainwashing you with their illegal terms of service. All the words written in that page are a lie. You've no right to refund without giving a reason in the 14 days. The moment you give sony your money they're gone. Needless to say that they literally transformed a righteous refund into a calvary that made me discover how bad as a company sony is. They should care more about the customers that supported them for a decade instead of caring about those 59 dollars.

I simply wanted to buy a game via the ps3 store, and upon spending $44.97 did not actually get the game. Nowhere was it listed that the game required the disc itself in addition to the modifications you could purchase via the store. The 3 mods purchased were also GREATLY over priced. I bought mods for the game, Skyrim. As you can see the above listed price for mods only, go here to see the price of the full game, mods included, ** - Now please keep in mind, that is not the cheapest this full game can even be purchased.

I sent a request for a refund via their personal chat. The "agent" stated that they could give me a one time refund since otherwise this company has a no refund policy. I asked simply for a refund. The agent used lingo I did not understand two separate times asking if I wanted it returned to my psn wallet. I just saw the word wallet and thought it would mean my credit card used. Then when he said, "It's been returned to your ps store wallet", I began to inquire what that meant. What it meant was, I did NOT get a refund to the money spent. I brought this to his attention and he condescended me with the words, "Well I already asked you twice if you wanted it in your psn wallet, and you confirmed it." We went back and forth briefly and he did finally refund it to my card. I do have entire screen shots of the conversation if any should inquire. With all the above stated, I do not recommend this disingenuous company to anyone.

Not only my PlayStation 3 account is suspended also PlayStation 4. I can't believe this. I had purchase a PlayStation plus membership for one year for the first time and all this happens.

I literally just got off the phone for the 2nd time to the Playstation Australia Network Support and I'm more frustrated than ever. I simply rang to issue a refund of a game I purchased from the Playstation Store to find the gameplay was faulty and to my experience in gaming not playable. Where Playstation then told me they won't issue refunds under any circumstances so I took it upon myself to look into the reasons why.

First of all I asked to speak to the support person's supervisor which I was then told he won't because he would tell me exactly what I've been told already which I replied "I still want to speak to him please" and was told no, more than several times. This went on for about 5 more minutes after I explained I've been a supporter of Playstation since day one and I am even an active member of Playstation Plus to which he just sighed a lot and did not give a care in the world for my issue. Just blatantly said there was nothing he could do and still I was never allowed to talk to his supervisor.

I then called a second time after looking through the refund policies on the Playstation Australia terms and conditions which read 'If a game has been downloaded or played a refund can't be issued unless it is FAULTY.' Now after reading this I told this to the new Support person which she replied "sorry we can't help cause no one else has made a complaint about this issue." WTF! So I said "what about the customer always being right" and she replied 'they're not'.

By this time I was pretty frustrated and again this went on for another 5 min or more where I was told by her that I have to now get a letter from the game developers to highlight my issue as being a problem and then send this letter to Playstation who will then take this into account but will may still not issue the refund. Please help with some knowledge I can use to help me with this problem. I'm sick of being put down by these big companies hiding behind their phones in other countries that don't care about their customers. By the way the game was only $13.00. Sad I know but it's the fact they don't care. Sorry about grammar issues.

Sony PlayStation Company Profile