Sony PlayStation
  • 1 star
Based on 44 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Sony PlayStation

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 5, 2017

469 Sony PlayStation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Charged for PSN monthly multiple times. I removed the default auto renewal for their one month subscription. They are saying I never did and won’t issue my refund. I was charged on 12/4 at 7:04 PM and I contacted them at 8:04 PM. They said nothing they could do since all sales are final. However, I never made a purchase. Their system did not make the required changes that were selected. Now I am being punished.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

You guys could not approve a $10 refund, very dissatisfied with this. All I wanted was to get my refund right after you charged my card. I've been paying monthly $10 when I know I can pay $49 yearly, and I still can't get a $10 refund.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Purchased a 50 dollar PlayStation Gift Card for my son on his birthday. We scratched the back to access the code. Only the last four digits of the code was readable. Called customer service and they said it would take up to two business day for them to resolve the issue. In the meantime my son is left with no birthday present on his birthday. Look I understand that things "happen" and for the most part these are "first-world" problems. However, if you are going to sell products or offer services in the "first-world" you must appreciate and understand that your consumers expect "first-world" solutions and customer service. You cannot receive money for something, promise something, and not deliver.

Their process is concerning and unacceptable. I am surprised that they were not able to do more in a timely fashion. They should have a process that is streamlined to deal with something like this. Clearly, they don't value gift card purchases because if they did this is something they would have turned their minds to. Needless to say I will not support PlayStation in the future.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

With the plethora of hacked companies exposing credit card information - Sony has provided a lucrative source of charging (fraudulently) into their "wallets" and then the fraudsters selling the gaming credits for cash to game players of PlayStation. I have NO PlayStation, am a 68 year old man who has no account with Sony, yet they have let someone fraudulently set up an account in my name with minimal verification, charge credits on several of my cards (obtained from hacks, waiters, or foreign companies selling card numbers) and then want ME to pay them (SONY). A search of the web shows this company makes it VERY HARD to reach via phone or other method and resists ALL attempts to rectify situations where either people like me have attempts at identity stolen or others who actually have a PlayStation account with phony charges.

Ironically SONY has been THE ONLY COMPANY that has ALLOWED this person or persons to use my two credit card numbers and fake gmail account to use their "wallet" system for criminal fraudulent purposes. It is a fertile field for criminals and a source of income for SONY as you read through so many people who actually have PlayStation accounts and have had to eat fraud charges. BEWARE OF SONY.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I purchased Resident Evil Biohazard 7 for $114 on Sept 30 and the sale came on 10 days later for 50% off. I called PlayStation and they would not assist saying all online sales are final and they don't offer any price protection or adjustments. I spoke to 2 cust serv reps, 2 supervisors and 1 manager and they sound exactly the same (like robots) saying the same thing to a tee. "In this case because you purchased the game and played it you cannot get a refund".

I never asked for a full refund. I even said put the difference on account and I'll spend it on another game, but they would not help at all. I feel cheated. The premium game is no different than the basic so that's a waste and now that the game is half price I feel even more screwed over. This is not right. Why aren't they held to the same laws. Sony obviously doesn't care about its customers. I've been with Sony over 15yrs. I think it's time for a change. I'm so mad about this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Had an email Saturday morning thanking me for a purchase at 6:56 am. I was not awake with the kids until 7:45. Fearing a hack I filled out a refund request (stating it was not me) and cancelled the PayPal payment. Then set up two-step verification and changed my passwords. Sunday morning I am banned. Phoned today and will only get the account back if I pay the 24.99. They said I would get that refunded but only in credit. I have been held to ransom for my account. They are not helpful and accused me of downloading it the whole way through the call. I know about the refunds so if I did buy it I know what to do. They did not want to help. Now I have to pay as I cannot let all the games I have bought go to waste (ps3, 4 and a vita, over 100 games easily). I wanted to complain and was told the wait for a supervisor callback was 72 hours...

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I awoke one morning to find I was banned for no reason, and when a fellow gamer swore Sony never banned without reason, I checked my email for any solution, and tried to reach out to try and resolve this problem, but nothing. The Images I included shows I spent money on their service and would willingly follow rules to continue enjoying playing. I'm chronically ill, and I'm dying. A Stroke and a few seizures in a short amount of time is a sign for us with the illness I have, gaming lets me distract myself from reality, and it helps a lot. If they take this away at least give me a reason!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

My husband had downloaded Friday the 13th for me as a surprise at the beginning of the month and I was unable to play it until almost 3 weeks later, not quite that long. Adult gaming time is very rare in this household. I finally sit down today, relax, go to start the game... I need a PS+ membership. $10/mo. We don't have a membership and aren't exactly so well off or that big of gamers to have a subscription service.

So we paid $40 for a game. We need to pay more money monthly to play? So I chat with PlayStation Customer Service and explain the situation. Yes it's been downloaded, but obviously it's never been played since I've never had a PS+ membership. Could we please have our money back? No. Can we ask a manager since I can provide you with proof that it's never been played and cannot be played bc I don't have a PS+ account? It's the manager's decision and No. So I'm out $40 and have a game that can't be played? Yes. Or pay $9.99 for a months access on PS+ and play the game. Ok, so I can pay money and play the game for a month. At that point I pay $50 for a game I can only play for a month. Unfortunately.

Original review: July 30, 2017

I bought PlayStation 4 at it's inception. I bought an Xbox as well, but returned to a PlayStation 4. I have been playing Rainbow Six Siege online. I pay for 200 mbps internet. The entire online game is fake. Intelligent AI in my view just means they cheat you. Online play is ridiculous. I have the 200 mbps internet. I start shooting first, stay on target and still end up killed. I believe the game is hacked. Hacking is a crime. The online play in all games need to be seriously scrutinized for these hacks, no matter what the reason for them is. They are wrong and illegal. Enclosed are pictures of my paid or internet speed and a picture of the ps4's home screen.

Original review: July 12, 2017

Bought a game from PSN store. It kept freezing. I searched online and found hundreds of forums on the same game customers having same problem. Sony told me I agreed to their TOS and no refund. I replied kindly with "I agree but not for a faulty broken game I'll contact credit card company." Their reply? "Ok we will ban you. Have a nice day..." Beyond pissed. Awful advice!

Original review: July 4, 2017

MY ACCOUNT BANNED DUE TO PRE-ORDER REFUND - With E3 around the corner, I placed 6 pre-orders on the PlayStation Network. 4 of these were SONY exclusives. The other 2 games, however, were multi-platform. When Microsoft unveiled the XBOX ONE X, I decided I definitely wanted to play these one XBOX ONE X, instead of PS4 Pro. I have been a loyal SONY customer since 2009, spending thousands per year on their products. I have earned 193 Platinums with over 11,000 trophies. My account is worth well over $25,000 with digital PS3 games/PS4 games/and movies/shows. I called SONY to request 2 refunds for games that don't even come out till spring 2018. They were extremely rude too. I was actually told by one representative to "** off, all sales are final. We no longer offer refunds on pre-orders." I called PayPal and discussed that with them.

PayPal called SONY and informed them that their business practices were unacceptable. And because I had not yet received my product, SONY legally could not keep my money and force me to keep their product. PayPal refunded me $119.98 for both games. The next day I went to sign on to play some Bloodborne PvP and found that my account had been banned due to violation of terms of service. I called them up, but it made no difference to them at all. Once again, they were rude and downright nasty. Never invest anything into SONY or its products. And, their customer service is absolutely horrible. I even asked to speak to a supervisor, several times may I add, but was told that supervisors don't take calls. The end.

Original review: June 12, 2017

Within a day of creating my account, my information was stolen and my PayPal account had money taken from it. Sony does not have a customer support number listed on their website, and their online chat is permanently broken. It took Sony several days to fix this issue, and they threatened to ban my account if I did anything to protect my own money from their screw up. Weeks later, Sony banned my account anyway, due to "suspicious activity". That "suspicious activity" was putting on two-step authentication. Yes, Sony believes that trying to protect your own money qualifies as suspicious activity.

Later on, when my PS4 stopped functioning, I attempted to request a service repair. Don't bother trying to fill one out online, because (surprise!) their website doesn't work. When I finally got ahold of customer service to get a repair, they didn't actually repair my PS4. They sent me a different one with none of my files stored on the hard drive. Great job, Sony. This may be the most anti-consumer tech company out there, and that's saying a lot. This is a company that is actively opposed to the customer wanting to protect their private information and money. Sony has provided more service to information-stealing hackers than their own paying customers. It's appalling that fanboys can actually defend this atrocious level of customer service just because they once made a pretty game about shooting zombies.

Original review: June 11, 2017

I thought I would put that question everyone is asking to rest. When will PSN fix the sign in problems? Answer is never. There is a website called download detector.com that monitors every company you can think of and every issue it has ever had is logged on that site. Upon follow the link and messing around with the choices it has an error log section. You can scroll down to PlayStation Network and click on (past issue check) when you get to that next page it will have a list of the same thing for every day and the same reported problem (sign in) since the day the system came out.

The log doesn't stop, it is every single day for years with the same problem! So no. Sony is never gonna fix it. Some may get a little better login for a week or so but the problem will never get fully fixed. Be very careful with account hackers since Sony won't take responsibility for anyone's account being abused even though their personal systems are always down and that leaves open doors for hackers to get what they want! So yes, the answer is no, if it hasn't happened in years not even for a single day, then it's not going to happen.

Original review: June 5, 2017

I purchased Final Fantasy 14 A Realm Reborn and then later the update HeavensWard it is an online MMO. Square Enix decides to make the PS3 version obsolete not the game just a PS3 version. So my son helped me purchase a PS4 so I could continue to play my online game that I put many hours in and it is a monthly pay account to play. I called Sony PlayStation customer support and explain to them that I purchased the best versions of the game and updates and they weren't cheap. And that I would like them to either reimburse me so I could re-purchase the same games on the new PS4 so I can continue to play my game and they refuse.

I spent over $100 on those versions for the PS3 and I don't have an extra $100 to spend for the PS4 versions and if I did, why would I do that so six months down the road they make that obsolete too?? I'm not asking for much, I just would like to be able to still play my game. On this new PS4 console I was forced to get it in order to play my game. Now I'm sitting here with the new PS4 and nothing to do with it. I am sure I can't be the only PS3 person going through this unless I'm the last PS3 person playing this version of the game. Thank you.

Original review: May 30, 2017

Just all around terrible experience. I purchased something on the online store with a misleading description. I thought it was a full version of a game. Turns out you needed a full copy of the game to play it first. The refund process takes up to 2 months. In the meantime the representatives are rude and condescending. They spent the whole time trying to tell you how it's your fault. God awful company. I have no idea why I ever gave them money in the first place.

Original review: May 26, 2017

The customer service you provide is terrible. My copy of Resident Evil 7 was taken from under my ownership. They said I requested a refund but I never did. And when requested for the information on when it was done and by whom I was offered, nothing. The agent even kept trying to change the subject.

Original review: May 3, 2017

Sony's policy of holding all your previous online purchases hostage and blocking/banning you from the PLAYSTATION network when You dispute any charges whatsoever. My kids have been long time members of the PSN and we have never had any problems. I always knew what the kids were up to since SONY always sent me a e-mail for every little transaction they did even all the free add ons/updates, etc. Some days I would get 20 email's from them. About a month ago SONY started charging things to my PAYPAL credit account and then they switched over to just withdrawing funds from my bank balance. By the time I caught it there were 23 transactions that were not authorized and I also have yet to even get my regular e-mail from them confirming the transaction.

During this time there were some real transactions mixed in there but I received my e-mails for every one of those. Thankfully everything went through PAYPAL so I quickly got all the money back but SONY'S long running policy of BANNING everybody who disputes any charge for any reason period. At the same time they lock you out of the network and keep everything you ever purchased from them locked. That can add up to a bunch of money. As far as I can tell there are absolutely no exception's unless you pay all disputed charges. Why is this legal. How can they just basically steal your games.

I fully understand that SONY HAS ABSOLUTELY NO ETHICS department much less HAVING ANY ETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICES. How can they be allowed to blame our kids for SONY'S security problem and or them tricking our kids into unwanted/downloads, downloads that look free say they are free and are free until the money just disappears from your bank. What is real strange to me is what happen to the 23 confirmation email from sony. If anybody knows of a class action suit against SONY please let me know.

Original review: May 2, 2017

I had my PlayStation for 4 years, never once did I sign up for Autopay on PlayStation Live. Well the day I traded in my PlayStation for a Xbox, they charged my account. I called. They said they'd credit my account in 3-5 days. Well the 5 days pass so I call, they stated that they credited my wallet when I told them I no longer had the PlayStation. So they then said it will show up in 3-5 days on my card. Well here we are again, they now said 1-2 billing cycles. I then asked to speak with a manager because I was lied to not once but 3 times. Then I get a "manager" and once I ask for a ticket number he hung up. Now I'm waiting on chat. It's **. Their customer service SUCKS.

Original review: April 26, 2017

I bought my son a PlayStation 4 Pro for Christmas 2016. The PS4 start off freezing up. After calling customer service several times, they were instructing my son to perform different task to making it work with no response. March of 2017 four months of buying the PS4 it played out (would not come on). April 3rd, 2017 Sony sent me a box to mail the PS4 back. On April 18th the PlayStation arrived the same day. Sony sent it back to me with no note, no email explaining to me why they didn't fix or replace, PS4 back still broke.

I call customer service 5 days straight asking why they sent my PS4 back with no explanation. I was informed that nothing was on their computer. No note in the box. No email explaining anything. After repeatedly calling and talking to a manager on the 5th day, I was told it was bug infected and can not be fixed. I ask Josh the manager when was bug infected put in his note. He said "yesterday", on the 4th day of me calling. Sony is ripping people off, lying, unprofessional, dishonest, do not stand behind it products and I hope one day there will be a class action lawsuit against Sony.

Original review: April 24, 2017

I've never been the kind of person that buys games on the digital format, somehow I have always preferred to have the physical disc, however yesterday after trying the Uncharted and Uncharted 2 games I decided that I liked them enough to get a copy of them as well as a copy of Uncharted 3. So, I connected to Playstation Store from my PS3, looked for the games and found what seemed to be the three of them, there was a pack containing the first two games and something called "UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception Game of The Year Digital Edition" that seemed to be the third game, description said: "The Game of The Year Digital Edition includes all of the original UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception components as well as Flashback Map Pack #1, Flashback Map Pack #2, Drakes Deception Map Pack, Fort Co-Op Adventure, Co-Op Shade Survival Mode, and over 40 additional Multiplayer Skins."

Now, I purchased both packs just to discover after doing so and starting the download process that the Uncharted 3 bundle did not contained any game, it was nothing but a bunch of add-ons that are pretty much useless without the game itself. As expected Sony does not grant any refund over any piece of software they sell if you already started downloading it so my chances to request a refund through the regular channels went through the drain right there. However I decided to contact their support chat and complain about the fact that both the name of the product and its description are deceiving enough to make people think they are something they are not, this of course expecting some kind of solution. The answer I got is that I should have checked the file size since that would have told me the game was not there. Long story short, the person talking to me decided at some point he had nothing else to say, informed me about it and closed the chat.

Should regular customers know the size of a game, should they understand based on that size that what they are buying is different to what the name and the description for that something say? Apparently deceptive is the key for Sony to sell stuff that probably nobody would normally buy and after you as customer pay then you are nothing to them anymore, their customer service is a joke and they should be forced to give people what they offer.

Original review: April 19, 2017

So I read a lot on this error code that bans your IP address for random reasons. Whatever the reason, mine got banned, so I had been in contact with both my internet provider and Sony. At first, they were simple chats stating that my IP had blocked their content due to some "illegal" activity and that I simply had to change my IP address. So I called my provider and they proceeded to tell me changing IP addresses is not possible because of the account I had and that they had no reason to as they did not block anything on their end. Confused, I went and recontacted Sony through their online chat to get to the bottom of this as I had paid for a year of services and bought several games online. They still told me the same thing.

The next day, it was working for some unknown reason, and then it was down again within a few hours saying my access was denied and that the account had been blocked. I contacted Sony again with all of the error code information and my internet provider having them on the phone at the same time. My service was very nice telling me what they could do to resolve the issue but at the end of the day, there were some things out of their control.

Sony, however, had the RUDEST customer service I have EVER encountered (I am using capitalization to describe how terrible it was). First they tried "dumbing it down" for me (the reps exact words) as to how IP addresses worked and that my service provider didn't know what they were talking about. They proceeded to tell me that my provider could change the IP address and that they did not block my address, my service had. After receiving an email from my provider, I then called the customer service line because the online chats were no help whatsoever. The man I spoke to was the rudest little butthead ever. He basically called me stupid on the phone, told me to take my PS4 to a friend’s house to resolve the issue, or just keep using my mobile hotspot.

When I asked if he was kidding he said, "Nope, that's the only advice I have for you." After that I demanded a refund for the year's worth of service I was not going to be able to use and they refused stating I had already used 2 weeks out of 12 MONTHS and that it was not able to be refunded. Finally, I asked to speak to a manager or supervisor who told me SONY had BLOCKED my account and would not unblock it (after telling me it was not them and it was my service) and that I needed to "figure it out on my own" and that they would not be refunding me any money. So I then asked what the reason was, and they refused to tell me, refused to refund me any money or solve my problem.

They talked down to me as if I was some kind of idiot explaining how service works and telling my provider how to do their job and refusing to read the email my providers supervisor had sent me explaining the situation on their end. This was all over them detecting a breach in contract which my provider investigated and said no fraud or breach of contract of any kind had happened. I was beyond irritated and pissed and completely dumbfounded by Sony's lack of customer service. I will never be purchasing any online services from them and keep my PS4 as an extra as I already put money into it. I have always been faithful to the PlayStation, but after today, never again.

Original review: April 11, 2017

I am very pissed, I bought a 50 dollar PSN card and put it on my account, I then bought GTA V which was on sale for 30, after I had a balance of 20 dollars so I played gta v for a little bit then realized I had 20 dollars to spend on for money in the game. Well when I went to the store it said I had 1 dollar, I have not spent any money on anything and so my 20 dollars just disappeared and checked my transactions and it didn't say anything. I really hope this doesn't go unnoticed and I would really appreciate to get my money back.

Original review: April 3, 2017

So PlayStation says that someone in my home or someone using my serial number purchased a free trial for their vue service and when I seen the fraudulent charges I contacted my bank right away, I had tried reaching PlayStation many times but they never answered after hour long wait times and the online chat didn't work either. So after I report the fraud I contacted PlayStation when my account was banned, they deleted everything I've ever bought and held it for ransom by saying I had to pay the fraud charges as per their terms and service agreement or they would never give my account back.

I am selling my console today and buying an Xbox or a Nintendo. I refuse to give them more money after this unethical treatment from PlayStation who I have given thousands of dollars. I will not give in to their ways they will learn with me that they will lose more money by treating me so bad. The money I have given them already is a large amount more than they are complaining about. Another irritating thing about PlayStation is that the customer support are all from out of country and can't pronounce their words correctly at all.

Original review: March 27, 2017

I have a son that is 13 and has been ban permanently and he doesn't know why. When I called to asked them questions I got several different stories from each person. Even when I stated I wanted details since he is a minor they told me it doesn't matter and I don't have right to that information. They told me I should have an email with details and nope no email. So why is it ok Playstation can just ban someone without proof or details? I want to know why and he is a minor so parents do have a right.

Stephanie that last person I spoke with tried to tell me she is the owner of the company and that's just how she runs it. It's against the law to withhold information from a parent. The hundreds of dollars I spent on this and he can't pay which remind you he barely plays anyway because he is on his XBox mostly and has never been ban from there. I want answer and I also want address to write written complaints to as they told me there isn't a place to do that. They keep everything very hidden there which tells me they aren't that good of a company and is scared of something.

Original review: March 21, 2017

I really enjoy playing on my Sony Playstation 4. For many years now, I have been using Sony video game products from the PSP, to the Playstation consoles. I currently own four of the Playstation products, and most recently the Playstation 4. There are many features that I love about the Playstation 4 gaming console. One thing that I really love about it is the modern design it has to the console and controllers. The controllers have a sleek design and size that make for a very comfortable and enjoyable gaming experience.

Another thing that I really enjoy about this product and that I feel sets Playstation apart from its competitors, are the graphics. The HD graphics make the video games look spectacular and also very realistic, a huge difference from the last console model. The graphics on the Playstation 4 really enhance the gaming experience and make playing games like Grand Theft Auto V, Battlefront, Battlefield, Fallout 4, and many more so much fun.

One aspect that could be improved in this product is the Playstation Online gaming feature. Before with the older consoles, gamers were not obligated to purchase a Playstation Plus account in order to be able to play video games online whereas now it is obligated. For players to be able to enjoy the experience of playing online with other players and online friends, they must have a Playstation Plus account. This costs $20 a month for a very basic service, that seems unnecessary and unfair. In my opinion, Sony should not be charging its customers for a service that should be free for all its users. Overall I really enjoy this product and I would definitely choose Playstation products over other brand products because of its quality performance. The final grade that I would give this product is an A. It is a good value for consumers because the product has outstanding quality for a basic gaming console.

Original review: March 20, 2017

My son called me in tears, 16 yrs old - Autism, saying he just learned his account was banned and he has no reason why. He has had account for 4+ yrs and had just loaded over $200 in gift cards. When I called Sony they could only say terms agreement violation and gave me no direct reason. They stated I would receive an email in 3 days and it's been 5 days. When I called back representative Mario was very rude and addresses me as "lady." As I was not rude to him, I'm a psychologist, I know how to control my temper in a hostile situation. I was very upset and asked for a supervisor and he told me he could not transfer me to anyone, he was it. This was not acceptable when I have spent over $1000 in the last 5 months. I was not angry but need to know what my son did so I can correct him so it won't happen again.

I feel Sony can just say someone violated their 21 pg agreement which they entered into with a MINOR and take people's money without further explanation and then to have a rude customer service representative is the most disturbing. Upon calling Sony again, found out he gave me an ID # that wasn't correct. The case # at Sony is ** if they wish to pull the call and take action against this employee as he sounded so comfortable being rude. I'm sure this wasn't his first time!

Original review: March 8, 2017

I got my kid a 90 day Sony card for xmas. I put this 90 day membership in and we could play on live. It kept saying we don't have a membership and it was the weekend and Sony was closed. This was his xmas present so I went to where you buy memberships and clicked on the ten dollar 30 day membership and it said I already have a 90 day membership. So I logged out and it let me play then but come to find out it charged me the ten dollars even after it said it didn't. So a month later I finally get them on the phone and explain to them and they flat out hung up on me. I just now called again and she said "yea you have a 90 day membership and you purchased another 30 day membership the next day which expired after 30 days and it's non refundable" and I got mad and she also hung up.

So I put a 90 day card on then the very next day was charged for a 30 which she said I had 2 scripts at once and it's non refundable. How is that possible. I mean at worst they should add 30 days to my 90 but she said no and I never purchased the ten dollar card. It told me I already had one. How can they charge you without your permission for something you already paid for. As much money as I got into all this Sony is trash. A flat out rip off. They basically stole the ten dollars and I'm gonna find a way to do something about this.

Original review: March 8, 2017

What can I say... Pretty much every complaint is exactly what my son's account has gone through. He was told to buy a card for membership after being banned due to a double charge in December in which my bank stopped payment for a double transaction so, he was banned. He then was told to buy a card and to pay to have his account reinstated. Unfortunately, the money from the card bought was gone by 7 am the next morning stolen by another console??? How could they allow this and was told no refund would be given. Legally something should be done. It's about time a lawsuit against this company should be made a class action suit. This would have at least some of this money lost reimbursed to all of these poor customers throwing thousand of dollars to this unethical company. If anyone knows of any legal lawsuits toward this company please inform us customers. We really need to do something about all of these scams...

Original review: March 7, 2017
I subscribed to Sony Now network for a 1 week trial to see what games it had to offer. My son signed up for 1 year online gaming at the same time. I cancelled my "free" trial on day 6. Two weeks later, I get charged $90 for year subscription (I am fine with this), plus $19.99 for 2 months of the free trial that I had cancelled. Additionally, I got charged again the next month. So, I am charged $59.97 for something that I barely used and cancelled. Even worse, I could never get through the 60 minute plus wait times for support, so I chatted them and they assured my service would be cancelled, but not refunded. That didn't happen either. Finally, I put a stop payment on my credit card since Sony wouldn't stop charging me. Their response was to cancel my son's year subscription without any explanation.

Reading other posts, I am seeing a pattern of disregard for customers and some questionable if not illegal actions.

Original review: March 2, 2017

Bought our son a Playstation 4 for Christmas. Created Playstation Network account and put credit card info on file with service. Bought child a month of Playstation Now service for ten dollars to try. Immediately went into account settings and turned off auto renewal for the service. Tried Playstation Now for month and it was terrible as though infrastructure cannot support the network traffic. Game console had to be rebooted for each attempt to connect with service and often games would not load. Was not worth the fee by any stretch of the imagination. Used it for the month and that was that... or so we thought. Very next month Sony Network charges our credit card for a $20 payment despite having turned off autopay default in their service (and double-checked it several times throughout month).

Entrust Sony with credit card and on very first month they dishonestly and unlawfully try to charge the credit card. Contact bank, dispute charge and unauthorized and reverse charge. Sony Network bans account and will not reverse the ban. Contacted them by phone, escalated complaint to management and they all say the same thing: "We see no proof that autopay was turned off. The account will be banned until the $20 debt is paid". This is like blackmail since the 2 month old, $400 game console is not nearly as good nor does it have nearly the entertainment utility without access to the Sony Playstation Network. Shaken down by the Sony Playstation Network! It's quite a racket that Sony has going. Only hope that some government agency gives them what they deserve for being con artists and cheats.

Sony PlayStation Company Information