3.19/5

2756 SiriusXM Satellite Radio Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 21, 2019

Always perfect representatives, one of my favorite companies I subscribe to. Polite, helpful, and everything is clear and straightforward. The service itself is fantastic, amazing selection of channels. My only complaint would be the streaming website can sometimes be a little buggy but usually is fine.

Original review: May 13, 2019

It took me some time to get through to the right channels. Once I did, the agent worked patiently with me and responded appropriately to all my needs and requests. If I should ever need further assistance, I will again contact the same manager.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I bought a brand new car in 2013 and was given a free trial. I enjoyed it very much. I have renewed my subscription ever since. I love it. When I renew, I have always been treated with great respect and courtesy. The customer service agents are very easy to understand and are real nice. I have had no problems with giving them my credit card information. They told me they don't keep the number on file and I have not had any unauthorized charges. If you don't feel comfortable giving out your number, you may pay with a check, but I think there is a small $2.00 service charge for that.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I've had XM radio in my car since I purchased it from Carmax in November 2016 and have been mostly impressed. It took quite a while for my subscription to kick in—it took several tries to connect my radio and required several calls to their support team. The stations always come in and there have been no issues with reception. I am impressed with their channel lineup, but am disappointed I had to upgrade to a more expensive package to get MLB Network when other sports networks are standard. My only real gripe is they make it pretty difficult to leave, even at the end of a contract. You of course are unable to accomplish this on their website; it requires a phone call with a pretty high pressure salesman.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I've been a Satellite radio customer for a few years across XM and SiriusXM. The service has been very convenient when traveling. The staff is always generous and polite during renewal calls with great customer service without compelling me to renew immediately. The promotional renewals are at a good rate.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sirius XM?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

SiriusXM is happy to take your money and not provide the service you are paying for! In my case they took payment twice! A week or so after the first time I renewed my subscription, I didn't get my Sirius signal. I tried resetting and resending the link for about a week or so. When I called back to confirm my account, I was told there wasn't a record of my first payment, and they asked me to pay again to restart service. I then spent more time resetting and resending the link, wasted HOURS on the phone with various representatives who were unable to help me because they can only recommend 2 things- accept payment and resend the activation link. After not receiving the signal to my vehicle after numerous attempts, I rejected the charges on my credit card out of frustration and out of options.

Upon my Credit Card's investigation I received a letter from them (which was received from Sirius) showing full personal information of another Sirius XM subscriber! I was able to figure out with a Sirius XM manager that my first payment was fraudulently applied to another customer's account! I am in the process now of getting a refund for the first payment and the last 4 months of non-service and am hoping a call to my car dealer (who installed the radio) will fix the issue. There are so many things wrong with this company! They sent me someone else's personal information (!) as well as breached their contract by accepting my money and not providing me with the service I paid for. It has taken months for a manager to even acknowledge what was happening on my account and provide a solution- go to your dealer. We'll see if this works.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I’ve had SiriusXM in my pickup for two years, works flawlessly. So I decided to put a SiriusXM CommanderTouch on my Honda Gold Wing. Installing took about 4 hour just to get the antenna in the recommenced place. After activating the three month (included) trial I found I got sound only half the time. Tech support refreshed my signal, no change. Next tech support said move the antenna!!!! So I bought a second antenna, same as original, for location testing, still 50% failure. Tech support says try a better antenna, so I bought a high performance Trac truck mirror mount antenna (which took over two weeks to arrive from US). Same problem, tech support says the radio must be defective. They said they could send me a replacement but I would lose the remaining two months of trial subscription. Or, they said, I could try to exchange from Visions, where I bought it, and retain my trial.

However, fulfilling their troubleshooting steps took more than 30 days so it was past the 30 day exchange. Fortunately the Visions manager took pity and gave me a new unit. New radio, upgraded antenna and now I get a connection about 70% of the time even though the signal strength indicator says my signal strength is about 30%. Sitting right beside my pickup, the system in the pickup works but the bike is cutting in and out. Conclusion: SiriusXM is NOT reliable! Tech support is absolutely terrible! Out of five or six people I spoke to only one spoke clear English. The others were East Indian, Espanic or simply illiterate. I would give them one of five stars only because my pickup works flawlessly. So very disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

My husband and I have has issues with this outfit for years. Their representatives are not properly trained and there is always a language barrier. We finally decided to try Pandora\Alexa radio which has many options and you don’t have to deal with Sirius charging you a king's ransom to listen to a radio. We are hoping that a competitor will come along so that consumers have other options. SiriusXM currently has the monopoly but if they keep trying to scam the public they will end up like their contemporaries.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I have been an XM radio subscriber continuously since 2007 and at one point had 3 subscriptions for all of my cars. I recently went down to two cars and maintained those subscriptions. Recently I had a car accident and my car was a total loss, so I decided to cancel one subscription as I don’t have a second car yet and am not sure if I will replace it. First- you must call to cancel. There is no way to cancel online. After reaching an agent they informed me that there was $50 cancellation fee for early termination. I explained to them that I no longer had the car, nor do I recall being on a promotion with a cancellation fee. They (Ed) then tried to get me to subscribe to the SiriusXM app - which I told them I already have and would not need a second app subscription. Then Ed tried to get me to get a XM free radio which I could transfer the subscription to. I said I don’t need a portable radio since I already have the app and my car subscription.

I also said, “I’ve subscribed since 2007 and if you cannot waive the cancellation fee that I will cancel my other radio as well.” Ed again tried to sell me the app and said they could not waive the fee. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold. A while later Ed came back on the line and said a supervisor was unavailable. I asked to have the supervisor return my call the next day- which no one did. I ended up cancelling both radios and paying the early termination fee. With 12 years of service behind me and so many other music services available today - why did they choose to not value me as a customer? I am no longer a subscriber and never will be again. Worst customer service experience ever.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

Today I traded in a truck (which had a subscription to XM) for a new one (which also has the free trial subscription). I called XM with the intent to cancel my old truck's subscription and eventually resubscribe to XM with my new truck after the trial ran out. The man who answered my phone call was extremely rude for our entire conversation and so I asked to speak to a different representative. He proceeded to answer with “No, you are speaking to me”. I asked once again to be transferred and he put me on hold/transfer only to hang up on me less than 12 seconds into the hold/transfer. I proceeded to call back and had a different representative who was able to work with me. They have lost my current and future business as well as the other vehicles in which I and my wife had a subscription in.

SiriusXM Satellite Radio Company Information