2. Miscellaneous

SiriusXM Satellite Radio

3.8/5 (1764 ratings)

About SiriusXM Satellite Radio

SiriusXM Satellite Radio Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SiriusXM Satellite Radio?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sirius XM?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

Since buying my new car in 2017, I have loved my Sirius XM subscription. I started with the free trial, but instantly found multiple stations that I really like. I was thrilled when they added the ability to stream Sirius XM on the app, so I listen at home as well. The subscription could be pricey for some, but I get my money's worth.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

My sub was up in the end of Jan. I called mid Dec to cancel it because with my wife not working there's no way I could do it for the normal price and got it at half off for another year. I listen to it on my phone (iPhone), car and on my PC with Firefox all the time with no issues. The rep I talked to was a little hard to hear but he was great and didn't mind explaining it over when I could quite understand him. They may get a bad rap but I use this service all the time and it's better than Spotify or iHeart radio which tracks everything and then I can't listen to anything outside of my area and I travel a lot. This works for me and it's awesome. Everyone is going through Covid so the long wait times shouldn't be surprising.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

The entire experience was absolutely disgusting. I sold my vehicle and remained on a text chain for over an hour to cancel the subscription. They wanted the VIN for my new vehicle, etc. I repeatedly asked to elevate to a manager to close the matter. I will NEVER use this service again!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

When I finally got to cancel my subscription Sirius asked questions with yes/no answers. They recorded my conversation and sold it, along with my personal information, to a U.S. based scam company that was supposed to be selling subscriptions to an internet discount club. This "club" edited my conversation trying to get me to believe that I signed up for their service. That club was hitting my credit card for $30 every month without my knowledge. Finally tracked them down in Florida through my credit card company and threatened to call the feds if they did not cease and desist. Finally got my money back from them but it was a hassle. Don't trust SiriusXM up in Canada!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

I have been a customer of XM Sirius radio for many years and at one time had 6 subscriptions. Now I have 1 (for my wife because she drives a lot for work and great distances). The cost now is over $30.00 per month, the number of songs played per hour keeps going down, and the on air people are poor. They spend more time telling you who they are than playing music. Very poor service!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I've been a subscriber since 2002 and have noticed a decline of uninterrupted music listening. On several channels the DJs seem to enjoy hearing themselves speak. I pay for the service to hear music not a person stroking their ego while talking about what artists they have met or what concert they attended or when they went backstage. I would prefer hearing a group of songs than maybe hearing the DJ only say what songs and artists were played. The incessant talking of the DJs thoughts are unnecessary and annoying causing me to change the channel or listen to something other than Sirus XM! PLEASE have the DJs tone it down on their personal thoughts.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I bought a new car in 2020. Paid for 1 year subscription at $72. New rate is $240. Just don't drive enough to warrant spending $240. It's annoying you can't cancel through my account. Call customer service, get recorded message "We are very busy on Mondays, try calling Tues-Friday." Not going to happen. Wait for rep who speaks poor English. Had to threaten to record my cancel request and post to Youtube, to get the person to finally cancel my subscription. Will not do business with a company that deliberately makes it hard to cancel.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

They don't care all. I've tried to cancel my account many times. They still don't do anything to cancel auto withdrawals. Changing my main credit card because of the incompetence over the phone. Lol I pay $25 $25 $25....

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

SiriusXM is great as a service and they allowed me to have the $2 service but then told me it wasn't available, each time I found it later it was. They don't offer a free tier and they should, but it seems they only care to have paid services. Great service but horrible CS.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

5 min ago I canceled my subscription after I noticed that they are charging my card without my knowledge... I was renewing my acct by mail for 4 years... Now they started automatic charges without any notice. I was going through my statements and today was my 8th month paying 20.63$... and even they had a nerve to ask me if I want a discount for my future subscriptions... NO... Today you have 1 less customer...

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I’ve had Sirius Radio in my car for 16 years. On and off prices were put in that were not supposed to be. But the last experience was the WORST. In the fall of 2020 I was told I could have a promo of $4.99 per month. The first few months were free because I had a credit I just noticed in July 2021 that I was being charged $10.02 per month. I called to close the account and ask for a refund. I was told I could receive ONE month refund. I asked for a supervisor who told me (her name is Tess) she’d open a ticket for fraudulent charges. They’d play the recording and look into it. Today I called for the status. Surprise surprise. She never put in a ticket. She asked for my email address. Guess again. She never put it onto my account. I asked today to have a ticket opened. They can’t because it was from last fall. I told them I want a complaint put in for Tess. They said they couldn’t. A BUNCH OF SCAMMERS STAY AWAY!

Original review: July 19, 2021

Ever since I purchased my vehicle, Sirius XM has been withdrawing $$ out of my account for the past 18 months and I have not once ever used their services. I called to cancel my service & get my refund and they refused to refund the $$ they deducted from my account. Horrible company, terrible customer service. Don’t EVER sign up for this service.

SiriusXM Satellite Radio Company Information