2.83/5

2680 SiriusXM Satellite Radio Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 13, 2019

It took me some time to get through to the right channels. Once I did, the agent worked patiently with me and responded appropriately to all my needs and requests. If I should ever need further assistance, I will again contact the same manager.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I bought a brand new car in 2013 and was given a free trial. I enjoyed it very much. I have renewed my subscription ever since. I love it. When I renew, I have always been treated with great respect and courtesy. The customer service agents are very easy to understand and are real nice. I have had no problems with giving them my credit card information. They told me they don't keep the number on file and I have not had any unauthorized charges. If you don't feel comfortable giving out your number, you may pay with a check, but I think there is a small $2.00 service charge for that.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I’ve been a subscriber for 15 years and have never, even once, had a problem. And, yes, I’ve contacted their customer support people to add/delete vehicles, services, etc. They’ve always been cooperative and done my bidding.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I've had XM radio in my car since I purchased it from Carmax in November 2016 and have been mostly impressed. It took quite a while for my subscription to kick in—it took several tries to connect my radio and required several calls to their support team. The stations always come in and there have been no issues with reception. I am impressed with their channel lineup, but am disappointed I had to upgrade to a more expensive package to get MLB Network when other sports networks are standard. My only real gripe is they make it pretty difficult to leave, even at the end of a contract. You of course are unable to accomplish this on their website; it requires a phone call with a pretty high pressure salesman.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I've been a Satellite radio customer for a few years across XM and SiriusXM. The service has been very convenient when traveling. The staff is always generous and polite during renewal calls with great customer service without compelling me to renew immediately. The promotional renewals are at a good rate.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sirius XM?

Original review: May 15, 2019

Been a subscriber to SiriusXM for years. Every year the price increases. Every year they remove several of my favorite stations, stating that I have to upgrade and pay even more to get them back because they are no longer in my package. If you call to complain they say they see it's unfair, but they can't do anything about it. So instead of improving what they offer customers, they take the most popular stations away unless you pay more.

Original review: May 12, 2019

Trial Period on my new vehicle expired. I received a letter in the mail to renew for 12 months for $60.00. Great price so I tried to renew online but it kept saying the offer expired. After chatting with a rep they stated I would have to call their toll free number. I did not want to deal with a person on the phone trying to sell me more than I wanted. The letter stated I had until May 15, 2019 and that I could renew online.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Emailed at the end of my 6 months to get another promo rate. A follow up email refused me a cheaper rate other than the standard rate. So I called to cancel, and they offered me a promo on the phone! I told them because of Jay, the person who emailed me, I wanted to cancel. So I did.

Original review: May 9, 2019

So I have had my radio since 2006. Today it was cut off, out of nowhere. When I called two different people on from SiriusXM stated I have a lifetime service on my radio. And have not transferred my service to any radio. But my service was cut back in 2016 for no use. That makes no sense to me when my radio was just turned off.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Nothing new, really with Sirius. I got a new car, chatted (so I could get a transcript of the conversation which is KEY) and they didn't cancel the old account and tried to bill me for a renewal. After four more chats 7 months later, I had to convince them they were wrong and I had printed documents from them with dates and ID numbers that I had done this. They kept denying it. I had to ask for a supervisor which they wouldn't do on the chat so I had to call an 800 number. But I forced the chat rep to stay on the chat until I was done with the phone call in case something went wrong. Finally got the them to admit it was their fault. Horrible service, one star is not deserving. Satellite radio needs a competitor! I will cancel my service on the new car in November when it expires. My phone supplies me with my needs.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I have had SiriusXM for a few years now. However, over the past month, my signal is hardly there. I called on May 4th to cancel after sending a refresh signal, which didn’t work. I was talked I to a new package and SiriusXM would send a refresh signal themselves. That didn’t work and it didn’t when I sent 1 myself. I called today and talked 5 different people. All I told them was I want to cancel my service and a refund of my money. I got my service cancelled, however, I definitely did NOT get any of my money back. I am beyond disappointed with SiriusXM and will not be using them again.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I recently decided to cancel the XM service on my 5 cars. After 2 hours and 11 minutes on the phone, being transfer from department to department I finally gave up. I called my credit card company and had the credit card, that XM had on file canceled. Of course by doing that XM did not have to refund any of the money already paid. Cancelling my credit card was the only way I could stop being billed. Note: After talking with 6 different employees at XM, you can tell that XM employees have been trained to delay and refuse to turn off service. This is a very dishonest company.

Original review: May 5, 2019

May 1 2019 my 2017 GMC radio turns off. Our subscription service is paid through August. After a call they get my truck's service up and running. One week later my other vehicles a 2012 Yukon service turns off. I call again speaking to an agent and then a supervisor. What they did was on the First of May when I called to get my 2017 GMC service running was cancel the service on my 2012 Yukon and reinstate service on a vehicle that I sold over a year ago. All the agent and supervisor wanted to do was get me to renew at a longer rate and make me pay for their mistake. The supervisor said she could not undo what the agent did on May first. I asked for her supervisor. She said they were in a meeting and could not be disturbed. I asked if they could call me back, she said they do not have that ability! Will now be looking into Apple Music.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I canceled my Sirius subscription for my Dodge RAM and now my AM/FM intermittently mutes for some time. Sometimes for 20 minutes at a time and comes back on by itself. The CD player and Sirius audio commercial for subscribing continues to work problem free. The problem started the exact same time that my subscription canceled. It appears that Sirius Pushed an update that caused this problem and they refuse to help without renewing my subscription. I will be contacting the FCC to file a complaint.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Twice this year Sirius claims they have been notified by a dealership that my car has been sold and they have cancelled my service. I have owned my car for three years. After a useless online chat session of 30 minutes and almost an hour on the phone with a rep, I was finally able to convince her that I still have the car and want my service with no reinstatement fee.

I called my dealership and the manager said they only communicate with Sirius when someone buys a new or certified used car that is eligible for a free 3 month trial. So this has to be from within Sirius. I was so angry. They had refunded the pro rated amount for the remainder of my plan. Then they gave me 3 months free All Access then it will go back to my previous plan and a regular rate of $60 for one year BUT I have to call at the end of the 3 month freebie and tell them what they are supposed to do. Maddening.

Original review: April 29, 2019

SiriusXM Radio puts a credit card on file when you purchase and just withdraws the due amount when it is time. That is great until you want to leave. I have been trying for four months to discontinue my service. Every attempt was met with promotion offers and free periods of service, but I was unable to terminate service. During my last two calls I have reached the point in the conversation that the representative is supposed to terminate my service and was put on hold the first time for more than 1/2 an hour.

I hung up the phone assuming the thing had been taken care of because I was very adamant. I no longer wanted the service; it was not. I registered online to try to circumvent the painful phone conversation only to find, you as a customer cannot terminate the service. I was told on the phone today, the service is being removed from my vehicles. I just paid one last bill to be done with this service. This feels very much like robbery. I tried to issue a complaint with the BBB, but because I have not dealt with an actual location I was unable to issue the complaint. I will never have satellite radio again. Do not let the company win you over with an attractive introductory offer. Your bill will go up at the end of the term and you will be unable to terminate the contract.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I have purchased several cars and trucks that came with a "free" trial subscription. One time I made the the tragic mistake of renewing. I hardly ever used the service mostly because where I live has a heavy tree canopy and thus no reception. It is almost impossible to cancel and you must speak with a CSR. Like others have stated you can hardly understand the broken english. There is no CANCEL button available on the website. I just purchased a new Toyota. I have received no less than 8 e-mails wanting me to "confirm" my e-mail address. I have no intention of ever doing so. Once they get your credit or debit card number you are in big trouble. I don't understand why they make it so difficult to cancel. I repeat, NEVER give them a valid debit or credit card, if you really want the service use prepaid visa, if they will even accept it. No wonder the bad reviews. Horrible company that actually has a decent product.

Original review: April 28, 2019

I checked my debit card balance 04/28/19 and saw a charge of $99.00+ for 6 month renewal of Sirius which I did not authorize. I called Sirius and spoke with a woman who had little to no command of the English language. I explained I wanted to cancel my radio subscription. She transferred me to another woman who had better English. I explained again I wanted to cancel. She apologized and said she found a plan that I could have for $40.00+. I explained if they really wanted to keep me as a customer they should have renewed at that price and not more than double the price. Sirius seems to want to make more money upping your cost instead of keep customers. I'm done with Sirius.

Original review: April 25, 2019

We received a free subscription when we purchased our Jeep.... which we never used and canceled. I called several times to be taken off their mailing list and unsubscribed from e-mail. Every week we receive brochures... Today we got two. Which part of we do not need nor want your service did you not understand? Give it up! J.**.

Original review: April 24, 2019

My yearly subscription was to end April 28. I went online to get the phone number to renegotiate I see the full price was taken out on Mar 3. And told that that is when I renewed last yr. so did I lose 2 months? The girl from the Philippines was ZERO help. This will be the last yr for Sirius. Even though we do like it it is not worth $247 (with tax etc). I may consider attempting to get all the money back and cancel. But at least the card used expires 8/19. Someone should have a competitive service. I do like the NPR News. Do they even have Sirius into Philippines? Same stuff calling United Airlines... Not a clue what is needed.

Original review: April 23, 2019

After being a subscriber for over 10 years it is disappointing to find out at renewal time that your favorite station has been conveniently reclassified as a Premium Channel and at $190.00 per year our subscription will no longer include this station (Yacht Rock). Further - if we want to retain this one station we need to upgrade to PREMIUM package which is $60.00 more PER YEAR. This is on top of dis-engaged and unhelpful offshore call center staff. What a bummer!

Original review: April 23, 2019

When I received my last statement it had gone up to around $400 for 2 vehicles, which I decided was way too high. I decided to cancel service on one of my vehicles and at this point negotiations started. I refused all offers and then I was offered a price of $200 for both vehicles. I stuck to canceling my service on one vehicle because, I feel like good customers who have been with a company for years should get the best prices available not the highest. I do not like the fact they are willing to cut your cost by half when you want to cancel. They do everything in their power to get you back on as you were before, they call, they send info in mail offering these fantastic deals for 6 months, why don't they give these deals and prices before one wants to cancel, because they are all about getting as much money from a customer as possible without losing that customer.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I had this service on two vehicles for four years. Every six months you have to call and negotiate prices which have never been the same price. I paid for the service in December and it was to go through June the 7th. To my surprise I received a bill in April for $290.00. When I called they actually said if I canceled I would have to pay $150.00! So we were loyal customers for four years but we will never again use this company.

Original review: April 20, 2019

Bought a lifetime plan in 2009 after their rep confirmed with me that the plan was transferable. I mean, why would I buy something that if I wrecked my car, sold it, or had it stolen, would no longer be usable by me? 10 years later I buy a new car and call Sirius XM Radio to transfer to the new car. But guess what, they tell me they can not, that the offer changed (without me knowing) and they no longer transfer plans to new cars. However, if I were to have my car stolen or catch on fire, they would transfer for me if I provide a police report! So you're telling me that if I junk my car or sell it, the new owner can enjoy it for a lifetime. But I can not?

Worse yet, they call me 10x a day nonstop to sell me a new plan for my new car. Sirius XM Radio lies and deceives users that help their initial growth and success. I was lied to and not informed of changes later that plans are no longer transferable, although that is the sole reason I bought the lifetime plan. I now have a lifetime plan on a car that I might not be able to enjoy once the car is no longer usable. Stay away at all cost and do not buy a plan for your car.

Original review: April 17, 2019

XM radio has the most horrible customer service ever! On top of it, they nickel and dime their subscribers. In this day and age when you have bluetooth, etc.... you have many choices. There's Pandora, Spotify, Apple music, Amazon.... I have been a customer since 2006. Every time, I renew, I feel like they do a bait and switch way of pricing. Why is it that their pricing changes from agent to agent and if you complain, they try to pacify you by offering other "deals". I am so sick of this company. On top of it all, they use call center overseas to handle their customer service calls. These people are rude and really don't care about their customers!!!!

Original review: April 15, 2019

Sirius sent me an offer in the mail for my older vehicle. When I called to take them up on it, the 1st customer service rep was not helpful and put me back into the queue. The next rep could not find the offer in their records and then stated that he was escalating my call and someone would call me back in 7 - 10 days. I never received a callback. My offer was the lowest I had ever received from them...$99 for 3 years. I guess this is their way of not honoring the offer. This is awful customer service!

Original review: April 8, 2019

I received a new car that did not have all of the channels per the free trial. I explained that and asked to transfer my current subscription to the new car. It was done. The channels did not show up. I called back and was basically told I was a liar and never had the channels I stated. They said I could pay for it, $250/year. I asked if I could just pay the difference from what the dealer subscription was. They said I could not and that it is no longer valid. I called a 3rd time and was told the radio I had on my old vehicle was XM and the new vehicle is Sirius, so I would have to pay $65/year more to have the same channels, and start over with a new $250 contract because they had over-rode the dealer subscription.

Then I was told the dealer subscription should have had those channels in question anyway! They said to take it up with the dealer because it must be a radio issue. I asked, given the 2 hours I had spent and the errors/miscommunications/lack of education of the other 2 agents, if they could comp at least some of the subscription. They would not budge. They just said "that is too bad that happened but there is nothing we can do, you will have to pay for the new subscription." Wow, it cost me $250, not my fault, and they would do NOTHING to help remedy the situation. Unbelievable.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Every year, I go to renew my SiriusXM radio. I have been a subscriber for 15 years and I also have online streaming for another. EVERY year they try to charge me the full rate of over $300. They will do this automatically if you don't either change your card number, or call them in advance. Then I have to get on the phone, talk to a customer service rep to prove that I want a better rate, THEN they transfer me to a customer care rep, who I negotiate with until I get a reasonable rate, usually about $100 a year.

Sirius needs to take better care of their long term customers, by not making us call in every year and haggle for a lower price. They need to understand that customers want to keep the radio and not have to jump through hoops every year. Sure, they want the highest rates, but for customers like me, they should take better care. Unfortunately, they are the only game in town, so If I want radio on my rural drive, they are it. I love the service, but they don't give a darn about caring for their looong term customers.

Original review: April 5, 2019

SiriusXM does not allow online cancellation AND it retains your privacy data (credit card, email, etc) after a protracted cancellation via phone. Never use this service unless you want to be frustrated, lose money or risk privacy data.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I recently discovered that the SiriusXM account I cancelled in May 2015 was never actually cancelled and continued charging me monthly for a service on a car that I'd sold when I moved out of the country. Because they eliminated my email from the account, I wasn't receiving notifications that they were still drafting charges from my bank account. I have spent over two and a half hours on the phone with Customer Service four separate times now. No one is willing to help me and the wall between Customer Service and the Corporate Office seems far too high for them to be able to make any difference in their clients' lives. My highest recommendation is to pay for a subscription to Spotify and run that through your car! Steer clear of SiriusXM!

SiriusXM Satellite Radio Company Information