2. Miscellaneous

SiriusXM Satellite Radio

SiriusXM Satellite Radio
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.12/5

SiriusXM Satellite Radio Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SiriusXM Satellite Radio?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sirius XM?

Original review: June 23, 2020

I used them for a couple of years until I lost my job. I cancelled six months ago and have received almost daily calls asking to renew. Very unprofessional. I have asked several times to be removed from their sales calls with no luck. Will never subscribe again.

Original review: June 23, 2020

Got SiriusXM with my car purchase in 2014. Kept service, but lineup kept changing along with the price. I had two vehicles and one had different lineup than the other. Some stations had to stream to get in my newer vehicle. Then DJs begin constant banter and expressing political views. I just wanted to listen to music. If I have to stream, I can do it off my phone. Did a chat to cancel. Asked eight time to cancel. The person "Oscar" kept a steady barrage of offers despite me requesting to cancel. HORRIBLE service. I will not use again.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 21, 2020

I bought a new car in March. I already had a account from the car I traded in also had a subscription that didn't end until June 2020. I called and spoke to someone at SiriusXM. Told them to turn off the radio in the car I traded. Also asked them about the time I had left on that subscription the guy told me at the end of my trial from my new car it would pick up.

I get a bill in the mail a couple of days ago for 134.65 for my old car radio. I don't get upset I called never had any problems before. The lady didn't listen to what I said about the car I traded back in March she kept saying the same thing that I had to pay now if I wanted to continue to have the service. She said I already used up the 3 mos I had. The radio was never turned off in my old car. Now I'm mad she hangs up on me. I'm thinking AT&T has to own this company the CS is horrible. A man comes on the phone repeating what she said. So I said just terminate this service if no one is willing to pay attention then I'm done with it. Now I listen to the Spotify through my cell. SOMEONE NEEDS TO FIX this company before you won't have any customers.

Original review: June 19, 2020

This company should be gutted by the FTC and FCC for illegal business practices, fraud, and extortion. They ONLY hire people out of India, and most of them are extremely difficult to understand. They will lie directly to you and play bait and switch games as often as you let them get away with it. I have made the grievous error of resubscribing after the free trial three times with two different vehicles. The content and DJ's and programming are nice enough, but not enough to justify the monthly cost of a cellular phone bill or cable TV subscription. If you complain about cost or horrendous "customer service," they will try to get you back by offering free service, or service at a highly discounted rate.

Pro tip, NEVER pay more than $5 a month, and avoid giving them a permanent credit card number, they will abuse the privileged by overcharging you and in some cases out and out LIE and claim that you renewed your service. Every time I've had to cancel, I've been on the phone for at least an hour. They give you a lot of double talk, sometimes pretend they didn't hear or understand you, and put you on hold, most likely in the hope that you will hang up. Today, they hung up on me when I asked for a supervisor, hung up on me again when I called them back, and put me on hold for 30 minutes, checking in "to see if you're still on the line" the third time I called. If you want to end the charges, DON'T HANG UP.

They will try to bargain with you over the amount of money they've charged you, and do their best to refuse to reimburse you any of what you're owed. Ask for a supervisor, sit in a comfortable chair, put on a DVD or some music, you will be on hold for a LONG TIME. Ask for confirmation numbers, DEMAND an e-mail confirmation. Do not trust that one call to end service will be enough, I am also planning to contact the credit card company to dispute current and future charges. I will never even accept the free trial with a new vehicle ever again.

Original review: June 18, 2020

Radio stations constantly changing and unable to listen to on current plan. Bait and switch to get more money for a product that is inferior. Even AM radio stations work under bridges and behind buildings. At least FM radios actually work!

Original review: June 11, 2020

I had Sirius XM for a new car I purchased. When the trial ended it was way too expensive per month to continue on with the service. I was very very very dissatisfied with the company's customer service if you can even call it that and they're dishonest practices of trying to charge me for more than what I had originally Been Told. However they keep sending me offers that are way cheaper than what I was even paying for the trial. I don't understand how they treat their current customers so bad that when they lose them they practically have to offer their services for free. They are very dishonest company and if there was another company out there like them I would definitely choose to go somewhere else but for now I'm just going to listen to good old fashioned radio as I will never resumed their service.

Original review: June 8, 2020

I had XM and years ago decided to cancel it. I got on live chat with them and told them to cancel. The Man I talked to said the would. I checked the radio and the service was no longer working. Now, years later, I get a bill saying I owe them $340. They said I recently renewed. I had not renewed. The credit card that the previous service was on no longer exists. I contacted them by live chat saying I didnt renew, didn't want it and wasn't paying it. They said "okay I'll be starting your service up today and you'll be billed for $99".

That's when the red flags started popping up. No, I don't want it. I never got a renewal notice. "It was emailed to you". No it was not. "Then how about we give you a year for $8.25?" (From $340 down to $8???) Nope don't want it. Even if it's free I don't want your service. They kept dragging it out asking me why don't you want it blah blah blah. Then they claimed the service was never cancelled and there's no record of it (after it hasn't come in on the car for years). "Okay we'll cancel it and charge you $23.49 for the use of the service". Either remove the bill entirely or I'm notifying the BBB. "Sorry but we're closed for the day." Tell me this isn't a scam.

Original review: June 1, 2020

SiriusXM Satellite Radio Very Dishonest. I suspended my service back in Dec 2019. Just got charged on my credit card $255.61. I used the chat help and it took over an hour to try to resolve this. They would not acknowledge the service was suspended. I called the credit card company and disputed the charge. That will fix their sorry **.

Original review: May 31, 2020

Bought 6 months of service and decided not to renew and SXM no longer charged my credit card. The radio stopped providing service as it should. But then 6 months later they started charging me full price monthly. I tried to get a hold of them via the chat but wait times were hours long due to Pandemic. I finally got a hold of them today (5/31/20) and they would only reimbursed me for 1 of the 4 months they charged. They claim that I was on a 12 month promotion package and something went wrong and my radio should have been active for 6 months when it wasn't. They admitted that it wasn't active but still wouldn't reimburse me for the last 3 months (last 3 months were active but I didn't know it because I thought my service plan was over). Makes no sense.

Original review: May 29, 2020

I requested to cancel. They charged me more the following month. Went 6.50 to 22.00. I went online to cancel again. The system forces you to chat to cancel. I had to type "Cancel Close Account" 7 or 8 times as the sales person continued to ignore and offer other packages. Only when I said that I would report to the BBB did they finally say, "We will cancel your subscription."

SiriusXM Satellite Radio Company Information