SiriusXM Satellite Radio
2.98/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

SiriusXM Satellite Radio

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

SiriusXM Satellite Radio Reviews

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

In a time where it seems like you can't find good polite customer service Sirius restored my faith in humanity and kindness.. My husband's is a truck driver and Sirius provides a lot of companionship for him while he's gone, he is the sole provider for our family and we can't afford for him to take time off, recently I had surgery and he had to take time off for it, well his radio got shut off during this time. When I called them I was hoping to get a cheaper subscription so I could turn his radio back on as soon as possible. I told the gentleman the circumstances and he seemed to genuinely care, we ended up getting 6 mo of service for less than 40 bucks and he turned it back on without payment and gave me two weeks to pay. Thank you so much. It really meant a lot to me...

Original review: May 21, 2019

Always perfect representatives, one of my favorite companies I subscribe to. Polite, helpful, and everything is clear and straightforward. The service itself is fantastic, amazing selection of channels. My only complaint would be the streaming website can sometimes be a little buggy but usually is fine.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: April 13, 2019

I bought a brand new car in 2013 and was given a free trial. I enjoyed it very much. I have renewed my subscription ever since. I love it. When I renew, I have always been treated with great respect and courtesy. The customer service agents are very easy to understand and are real nice. I have had no problems with giving them my credit card information. They told me they don't keep the number on file and I have not had any unauthorized charges. If you don't feel comfortable giving out your number, you may pay with a check, but I think there is a small $2.00 service charge for that.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I've had XM radio in my car since I purchased it from Carmax in November 2016 and have been mostly impressed. It took quite a while for my subscription to kick in—it took several tries to connect my radio and required several calls to their support team. The stations always come in and there have been no issues with reception. I am impressed with their channel lineup, but am disappointed I had to upgrade to a more expensive package to get MLB Network when other sports networks are standard. My only real gripe is they make it pretty difficult to leave, even at the end of a contract. You of course are unable to accomplish this on their website; it requires a phone call with a pretty high pressure salesman.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I've been a Satellite radio customer for a few years across XM and SiriusXM. The service has been very convenient when traveling. The staff is always generous and polite during renewal calls with great customer service without compelling me to renew immediately. The promotional renewals are at a good rate.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sirius XM?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I have had the subscription since August - $130 which they made me pay up front. Last week 8 of my preset channels stopped allowing me access. Even if I tried to tune to the channel, it would say Unauthorized. I have been on hold with XM Radio multiple times a day for the past 3 days. All they do is put you on hold, refresh your radio, and when that doesn't work, they send you to technical support. To get to technical support, I have had to hold for at least 20 minutes each time. Technical support tried to fix the problem by cancelling my subscription and then turning it back on - that did not work, I still could not access the channels.

This morning I turned on my car to find that I had no XM Radio at all. I started with customer service again, and I got the same dog and pony show about refreshing the radio and then on to Technical Support, I finally hung up after 17 minutes on the phone. When you get customer support - you go to the Phillipines and all they can do is refresh the system - total waste of time. I'm trying to cancel my subscription, but of course that isn't easy. I had to go online into my account and hunt for the access to cancel. Spend your money on something better than this inept company.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I call in around 1:30PM, and I tell them I'm wanting to cancel because of the price. I've had the service for 3 years and I never pay the full price. I always haggle a little. So that's my plan. The wait was around 15 minutes and lady gives me the same prices as online. She tells me that I have to call back in 30 minutes to request to cancel. I've never heard that before but I get busy with work and end up calling back at 3:10PM. The system says the wait time is going to be around 10 minutes and asks me if I want to receive a call back and that if I do this I will NOT lose my place in line. I went ahead and selected call back. I finally receive a call back at 7:30PM. 4 hours and 20 minutes later. I had forgotten I had even called at this point.

To top if off the guy who called me back can't even cancel my service so I wait on hold for 20 more minutes to wait to talk to someone who can cancel it. Once she gets on the line, I've now changed gears and never want to have to deal with this type of customer service ever again so I cancel my service. The representatives are polite but that's the only good thing I can say.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

11/27/19 called customer service bc my Sirius no longer had service (I had a month left on my contract). Rep tried to refresh and still didn't work. Told me he sent a text for me to try later in different location. I did, and still didn't work. Also said he would call back to verify it was was working, received no call. 12/12/19 called again to cancel service and get a refund on the months that I lost service. After waiting on hold for 20 minutes the rep said he would transfer me so I could cancel, but his transfer button didn't work and gave me another number to call to cancel. I have been on hold for another 20 minutes with terrible static. This company has very poor customer service and their product doesn't even work when you buy a contract. Steer clear, listen to FM radio....no hassle.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

Had service for a year and a few months, with automatic payment on credit card annually. One day, my service just stopped without warning. I went to my account and it was not clear why it stopped as I had prepaid automatically. The chat service was SLOW and was not helpful and the phone customer service had a 22 minute wait time and then was not able to tell me why my service stopped but wanted to sell me a more expensive plan. This is a very underhanded sales technique. I had prepaid for the year and had about 10 months remaining. I had to ask to reactivate some of the parts of my previous account that worked just 48 hours prior to my call. HORRIBLE service!!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I called the number for SiriusXM this morning to cancel my subscription. I'm no longer commuting for work and therefore do not need the service. The operator said that it needed to be canceled by a "manager" and gave me another number to call. I hung up with him and called the number then sat on hold for 45 minutes before hanging up and calling the initial number again. Upon calling back I was finally able to get the service cancelled, but it was annoying and inconvenient to get the run around out of the gate.

SiriusXM Satellite Radio Company Information