3.24/5

2726 SiriusXM Satellite Radio Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 21, 2019

Always perfect representatives, one of my favorite companies I subscribe to. Polite, helpful, and everything is clear and straightforward. The service itself is fantastic, amazing selection of channels. My only complaint would be the streaming website can sometimes be a little buggy but usually is fine.

Original review: May 13, 2019

It took me some time to get through to the right channels. Once I did, the agent worked patiently with me and responded appropriately to all my needs and requests. If I should ever need further assistance, I will again contact the same manager.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I bought a brand new car in 2013 and was given a free trial. I enjoyed it very much. I have renewed my subscription ever since. I love it. When I renew, I have always been treated with great respect and courtesy. The customer service agents are very easy to understand and are real nice. I have had no problems with giving them my credit card information. They told me they don't keep the number on file and I have not had any unauthorized charges. If you don't feel comfortable giving out your number, you may pay with a check, but I think there is a small $2.00 service charge for that.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I've had XM radio in my car since I purchased it from Carmax in November 2016 and have been mostly impressed. It took quite a while for my subscription to kick in—it took several tries to connect my radio and required several calls to their support team. The stations always come in and there have been no issues with reception. I am impressed with their channel lineup, but am disappointed I had to upgrade to a more expensive package to get MLB Network when other sports networks are standard. My only real gripe is they make it pretty difficult to leave, even at the end of a contract. You of course are unable to accomplish this on their website; it requires a phone call with a pretty high pressure salesman.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I've been a Satellite radio customer for a few years across XM and SiriusXM. The service has been very convenient when traveling. The staff is always generous and polite during renewal calls with great customer service without compelling me to renew immediately. The promotional renewals are at a good rate.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sirius XM?

Original review: July 13, 2019

I tried (key word tried) cancelling my SiriusXM subscription a year ago. I told them I wanted to cancel everything. They only cancelled my truck but not my online. They didn’t tell me until I noticed on my statements a year later I was being charged. When I called they said I was aware that only my truck was and not online was cancelled, however that is not the case. They never informed me that one of the two were cancelled and obviously deliberately did this to charge extra. Not only did they also cancel my father's lifetime account which had no bearing on my own phone call to the company but failed to cancel my account...Absolutely rubbish services and I will never be using SiriusXM again.

Original review: July 11, 2019

Bought a new van which came with a free trial of SiriusXM. After the trial ended, they HOUNDED AND PESTERED me with calls on my mobile number, sometimes several times a day. They kept at it even after I told them SEVERAL TIMES to take me off their calling list. I rarely write reviews but Sirius’ marketing practices is infuriating and I felt that it was necessary to warn others. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR A TRIAL and if you are buying a new vehicle, opt out of the trial as a condition of the sale unless you want to be pestered for many months after.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I subscribed to a 5 year and also have a 3 year subscription on 2 vehicles. When I signed upfront the plans, several months apart, I was told both times that the subscription would be transferable if I sold the vehicle. Since the plans were for an extended period of time, this was of concern to me. When I tried to transfer one of my subscriptions, I was told it couldn’t be transferred because they said my new vehicle was “to new”. Since when does the age of a vehicle matter. I feel that the marketing was deceptive, and when I said this to their customer service, I was told they weren’t responsible for what their salespeople said. I was on the phone for over 1 and 1/2 hours with several different customer service representatives, and no one was able to resolve the situation. I will probably be cancelling both subscriptions.

Original review: July 8, 2019

My wife and I purchased a pre-owned SUV back in February 2019. The next day we attempted to open a SiriusXM account and activate the satellite radio. When prompted to input either the radio ID or the VIN number, we used the VIN and realized the radio ID number that showed on the Sirius site didn't match the one from the head unit. Keep in mind the head unit is a factory installed Uconnect System. So I contacted SiriusXM customer service department to figure out the problem. But even after being on hold over and over for more than an hour I still wanted help. And while on hold the call just dropped. So I called back several times over a 5 months. And every single time they place me on hold, all I get is a click and a dial tone.

Original review: July 7, 2019

I contacted SiriusXM for my father to cancel his account. They have been sending renewal statements month after month. My father doesn’t drive much anymore. When transferred to the customer service department, I was appalled by the questions being asked for my reason to cancel. I simply stated that my father will not be renewing for his vehicle. He doesn’t really drive anymore. The rep asked me why he no longer drives. I said excuse me?! I don’t really need to give you a reason. Please just cancel. The rep proceeded and asked if it was due to a medical condition and if it were recommended by a doctor that he no longer drives. I couldn’t believe it!

I told the rep that her questions were completely inappropriate and it’s none of her or SiriusXM’s business as to why I’m cancelling. When I asked to speak with her Supervisor, she quickly provided a cancellation confirmation and hung up the phone. I was shocked by the questions. I seriously thought it was a joke at first. SiriusXM Customer Service displays an all new level of low... No class.

Original review: July 5, 2019

I called to renew my trial and set up a plan. The person I spoke to gave me the plan and amount that I would be paying for six months. When I got my email, the amount in the email was 6X's greater than the amount he quoted. Really bad business, in my opinion. I tried to call and correct this issue, and they had no record of the conversation I had with the first representative. I even tried talking to a supervisor. I would not recommend SiriusXM.

Original review: July 2, 2019

My account is paid in FULL through 11-1-2019; however, I have been bombarded with calls and emails to pay an invoice that has been paid IN FULL with threats of my service interruption. This is the second wave of harassing calls and emails that I've been subjected to since 5/29/19. On 6/5/19 my service was turned off and Sirius was asking me to pay an outstanding invoice when my account was paid in full through 11-1-2019. On 6-13-2019 after a 2 hour call with Sirius customer service, I was informed that the service was turned off in error and that the billing records would be updated with the payment made. Why am I getting calls and emails again. Sirius was paid and it trying to double/triple dip on the same invoice. Can someone please look into this and assist in resolving it?

Original review: July 1, 2019

Paid for 6 months of service (special price for 6 months). Two months later, SiriusXM started calling and emailing about non-payment. Spoke with customer service, they were no help. Plus, they don't speak clear English.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I recently purchased a new Ford and my free trial is coming up. SiriusXM keeps calling me at work, a number I never gave them, with sales calls. I have asked them to stop and they have not. What a trashy company to harass customers through their business lines. My boss loves that I keep getting these calls.

Original review: June 30, 2019

Every time they simply can’t find that promo so you get transferred a bunch, try to get upsold and ultimately get close to or the same price. But every time you have to threaten to leave, cajole them and end up being completely frustrated. It’s seriously the most frustrating situation ever. I almost quit every time from the frustration. Make your experience better!! Just auto honor same rates - you aren’t making more money. You’re just losing people. I do love the stations and the personalities!

Original review: June 27, 2019

I got a six month trial with my new car, and I have to say I enjoyed the experience for the most part. After my six months were over, I renewed with a new plan for three months. After the end of the three months, I decided not to renew with them again. The radio stations are extremely varied, this can be a pro and a con, but coming from the pacific north west and being someone who likes to take road trips and go up into the mountains I can't say that I would recommend them (unless you get a reaaalllly, really good deal). I much prefer my Spotify subscription, that (since it's downloadable) will always play regardless of how many mountains are in my way or how far into the bush I am (and they have music AND podcasts). SiriusXM cuts out constantly, because it's a satellite radio service, and not downloadable.

I also found that in the mornings, there were talk shows GALORE and not many options for music-only channels (especially for popular music). I love talk shows as much as the next person, but as someone with a daily commute of (minimum) an hour -- I'd really like some variety and ability to just jam out on my way to work in the morning. All in all, they're not bad. If you live in the city and don't plan on taking a lot of road trips into the mountains or areas where the service will cut out...and if you like having only one/two radio station for each genre and not more...then SiriusXM is for you. Like I said, I was with them for almost a year and was pretty happy. But I am HAPPIER with Spotify.

Original review: June 23, 2019

You would think that SiriusXM helped me pay for my new car! Annoying notices for one month, every time I turn on my car to tell me the free trial is ending. To end the annoying notices, mail, and emails they wanted me to give them all the personal information the dealership did not, like email, passwords....It would have been easier to get rid of a bad disease. I will never subscribe to their services and the next time I buy a new car it will contingent on the dealership disconnecting it before I drive the car off the lot.

Original review: June 20, 2019

First of all, the SAT compression is worse than ever. Overall compressed. But the streaming is better. Regular price is a rip off. You can get better deals but they always play the game. They have so many promos. The fact that you have to deal with these sales people every 6 months or a year makes it not worth it. After a few times doing that you just end up cancelling. And they make it hard to do that.

Original review: June 20, 2019

When I purchased my lease I had the option to try SiriusXM. I figured I would give it a whirl and instead found out that in small print it would renew year after year. I saw the charge on my bill and called to have it removed. I no longer had the car and had not used the service in 2 years. They took forever to deal with it, kept trying to get me to add it to a new car and would not take no for an answer. Very pushy, very non-consumer friendly.

Original review: June 19, 2019

Even though I love the radio stations I cancelled my subscription today. I have made multiple attempts to contact someone in customer service to resolve an issue. I cannot get a person on the line that can speak clear English. Having the service is not worth the frustration of trying to speak to someone you can’t understand. I even asked to speak to someone who can speak English more clearly and was told that there was no one else.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I cannot believe how much the women harassed me while I was trying to cancel. Each time she offered me a lower price, I calmly said no three times and repeated I would like to cancel; however, she kept continuing. I said, “I would just like to cancel please.” She then decided on her own that she would restate the last deal and jump to the conclusion and tell me she would sign me up for that. I had to get pushy and state, “I told you no four times, now either cancel or put your manager on the phone.” She said ok, then tried to offer me another deal and stated that I should take it. I tried one last time with the manager comment and then she decided to cancel. A call that should have taken 3 minutes...took 15.

Original review: June 18, 2019

They called me to get me to sign up, I said no. They kept calling, I said no, and please don’t call any more, and they kept calling anyway. They also send me a flood of postal mail offers, and many of them don’t identify the sender on the envelope, to try to get you to open it. Very sleazy.

Original review: June 15, 2019

Had a free year subscription that came with my jeep lease. It was ok, but didn't use it much. When the free promotion was up, I wanted to cancel. The CSR I spoke with kept me on the phone over a half an hour offering me every kind of discount possible. I kept repeating, "Just cancel my account". He would not do this. At the end, I was screaming to cancel my account. It was finally cancelled, but then Sirius started calling my house several times a day trying to sign me back up. I was able to block the calls, and eventually they stopped calling. Awful experience.

Original review: June 14, 2019

SiriusXM sent me several letters in mail on a free 90 day trial. I finally thought about it and decided to start the trial. I called and got set up and was good for a week when it was shut off. I called to find out why I was shut off after a week when I was supposed to have a 90 day trial. SiriusXM said they had put it under his ex-wife's account and she cancelled it. "I have been divorced 3 years," I stated, and they said they made a mistake but is nothing that can be done about this. I asked for management and was told same thing, that they made a mistake and cannot offer me a trial. If this is the kind of service SiriusXM is going to offer, I know I will not do service with them at all. I would suggest anyone doing business with SiriusXM to definitely be cautious and read reviews before getting taken on the way SiriusXM conducts business.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I cancelled my service back at the end of March. I was told that they would cancel it and give me 30 days. If I opted to keep the service going I could pay the monthly rate of 35. Okay, no big deal. Today, June 12, 2019, I received a call from a collections company informing me that my account is in collections for $54. I asked why, they reported to me that I owe for 3 months of service. April, May, and June. I told them I cancelled my service and would not pay the bill. I called SiriusXM and was informed that my service was never cancelled and that I would need to contact the company. I requested that they pull the tape from the last call to the company, they refused. I told the collections company to do the same and all I got was a “I’ll make a note!” I have been with SiriusXM since 2007. Never again will I contract through them. This experience has been horrible and shows atrocious billing practices. I am done with them.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I purchased a new Subaru that had a "free" 4 month SiriusXM trial subscription. The car I traded in had 9 months remaining on an existing SiriusXM contract. I called customer service to see if I could transfer the remaining service from my old car to my new one. Since 9 plus 4 equals 13 I reasoned I had 13 months of service already prepaid. I was dealing with someone outside of the United States who had a thick accent I could not easily understand. After a long interval of jumbled conversation I asked the representative to cancel my old contract and refund the balance to me. She computed the amount I was due to be approximately $26 for 9 months of unused service.

I told her this was a ridiculously low amount since I had paid much more for the remaining service I had prepaid. I asked to speak to a supervisor but had no success. After more frustrating dialog with this non English speaker I just gave up and hung up. I checked my account and found I still had the free trial and was to be issued a refund for only $26. SiriusXM cheated me out of more than $60 because I bought a new car with a trial subscription. Be very careful when you deal with these thieves. As others have stated they have your credit card on file and will not hesitate to overcharge you or manipulate your prepaid balance without your permission or knowledge. Deceptive and dishonest is how I would categorize their business practices.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Extremely difficult to communicate with customer service department, and more difficult to end a subscription. Prices quoted automatically increase when verbal confirmation has been given that this will not occur - small print somewhere I'm sure, but verbal communications are flat out lies. I started an account at 12/ month and when I cancelled today I see it's been at $21/ month and on the max plan for who knows how long - that's nearly double if you're counting. Multiple accounts will be created when you get intentionally conflicting information from customer service, and if you organize your invoices a year later you will see duplicate charges and multiple accounts that you've never used, and didn't even know you had.

The actual radio stations are great; however, the customer service and clear company policy to execute criminal financial transactions have led me to seek alternate sources. Best of luck if you get involved - my best advice is to keep it simple and verify charges with each individual transaction - set an alert from your bank when this account records a transaction. Cheers.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I have 2 autos with Sirius and for the mostly music offering the cost to is $171.83 x 2. I don’t listen nor use both cars at the same time. Even if I did I could use Pandora or Spotify in both cars for the price of one. When speaking with level 2 support I got the same information said about 5 different ways attempting to “wear me down”. They also keep sending me, mailing me, and calling me about an auto I have never owned. I have attempted to reconcile this to no avail. If Sirius is going to compete for the long term they need to be able to do pricing for multiple cars, update their systems, and their customer service to do so.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Just got off the phone and subscribed to SiriusXM for a good deal that included my car radio and up to 5 devices which I thought was great. Did not specify that you can only stream one device at a time. I asked about adding to another car and was told with streaming you can just use your dive experience for that. I wanted to be able for both my wife and myself to use it at the same time. Not so much. I do agree it is still a great deal however I feel I was not given the correct/complete details and for that reason disappointed in my experience and cancelled service 5 minutes after signing up.

Original review: June 5, 2019

As far as service goes, it wasn't the worst but because I'm in a rural region with a lot of trees and mountains, my service was very spotty. I decided to go ahead and cancel my service and use Pandora. When I called in I spoke with a representative and told them I wanted to cancel and gave him my reasons why. I was then transferred three different times until I spoke with Micah. He told me that I could not cancel because I'm under contract in which I let him know that under their terms and conditions that I'm not. I asked to speak to his supervisor and his reply was "I am the supervisor and the owner and you can go to hell" and my call was dropped. I called back and was able to get someone to actually help me and she cancelled my service. For how my first call was handled, I will not be using SiriusXM again and would rather use and also recommend Pandora or Spotify. I hope this review helps. Best regards.

SiriusXM Satellite Radio Company Information