SiriusXM Satellite Radio
1.19/5
  • 1 star
Based on 175 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

SiriusXM Satellite Radio

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 15, 2018

2359 SiriusXM Satellite Radio Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Car came with 5 year complimentary travel link/satellite traffic. When I renewed service (at 2 years) it was cancelled. No fine print stating I needed a certain plan for the complimentary service. They wanted to charge me extra to include a 5 year complimentary service. No transparency. Poor service. Also bandwidth is poor, music quality is horrible.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

The DJs who are playing music from the 1950s channel have no idea of what was popular during that time period. I, therefore, intend to cancel my subscription when my current period expires unless knowledgeable people are installed.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

The actual music service was not too bad; not great, but OK. But when I canceled, it became truly odious. First, the representative would not discuss cancellation at all. Every time I asked about cancellation, or asked him to not renew, he did not reply, but changed the subject instead. He would only talk about special discounts for renewal, and variations on the renewal theme. When I finally got a supervisor, she cancelled. It took far too long, was frustrating, and ruined my morning. Now, they call, and call, and call. No matter what I say, or if I don't pick up a dozen times, they just keep calling. Somebody should prosecute them, or sue them, or find some way to stop their sleaze.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

Recently I discussed a billing issue with one of Sirius’s customer service reps. The issue for the automobile was resolved. At the end of the call they asked if I would like to try out their home radio so I said yes. The radio was supposedly free. I paid $7 and change for shipping. Then I had to pay for the subscription. It was around $16 and change. That was not the problem. I thought it was going to be a normal radio that you just plug in, not seven pieces that need to be put together. So I had to make five phone calls before someone helped me resolve the problem, I had the radio three weeks and didn’t get to use it once because it was not activated, there was no sound coming out of it and various other problems. All they cared about was updating the credit card to bill the next month (which was only three weeks anyway).

I deliberately used a credit card that would not have money on it because I knew they’d charge it and wanted to make sure it worked first. Which, it still doesn’t. So I didn’t want to use the card attached to my checking account. So I threaten to cancel to which they said that will be $50. Not can we resolve the issue. Just give us more money on top of the money you gave us for something that’s not working. Plus they never mentioned a cancellation fee, You’d think they’d waive it since it’s a technical problem. Finally got the radio set up with a signal. However no sound. I wasn’t told I needed speakers. I thought it came with speakers. So no sound. The moral of the story is if you’re technologically challenged, don’t purchase this radio. If you care about getting your money’s worth for what you purchase, don’t purchase this radio. If you don’t care, then go ahead and order it. Poor customer care. No customer loyalty. BTW, the radio in the car is fine.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

So Sirius Satellite Radio a publically traded company takes it upon themselves to go & charge my credit card without authorization when it was time to renew. The problem is, I didn’t want to renew the service. I received two yellow notices in the mail, telling me my ‘satellite radio was going to be terminated if I didn’t Act now & renew the subscription.’ I didn’t Act & renew it. Then I received a phone call from Sirius telling me my service was going to be shut down if I didn’t pay now! I understand, & expect it to be no problem, it’s just not in the cards right now. Satellite Radio didn’t shut down, I thought maybe starting 1/1/18 it would or something. It still didn’t shut down. I got my credit card statement yesterday & sure enough, $218.55 Sirius Satellite Radio was on there. Now, I had Sirius when I had a couple of other cars, & they did the same thing another time too!

Sirius takes it upon themselves to charge your credit card! I used to manage a storage company & if people wanted to charge their cards each month they had to sign something giving us authorization to do so! I NEVER signed anything allowing them to charge my credit card. WHY send the notices & make phone calls telling me the service is going to get shut off, if you’re going to turn around & charge the credit card anyways? I talked to 5 different people at Sirius & NONE could tell me the answer! That makes absolutely ZERO sense! I wanted to know how this happened AGAIN! I was assured after the last time, because this happened one other time, & I shut the service down for 6 months or so. When I renewed it, I said,”DO NOT CHARGE MY CREDIT CARD WITHOUT ME SAYING IT'S OK.” They supposedly had “made a note of that in my file” but that didn’t get me very far!

This is NOT the correct way to do business at all. For a PUBLICALLY traded company to just charge your credit card is INSANE & QUITE BALLSY! They try to say it’s their policy or some nonsense but if that’s the case, shouldn’t they tell people that’s what they do? If you just give them a credit card number, they charge it again when it’s time to renew. There are several instances of this on the internet, where people have said the same exact thing as me! So this is an ongoing problem over at Sirius Satellite Radio & I don’t think it’s right! They’ll Sirius doesn’t seem to care because they keep doing it.

I am writing this because people deserve to know that this company takes advantage of people & thinks it is ok to use YOUR credit card without you even knowing. The good news is Sirius said they’ll refund me all of my money $218.55. I am sure I will have Sirius again one day, but I’ll be using a prepaid credit card just for them. I’ll add money when I need to for my Sirius payment because I don’t like what they THINK is acceptable business practices! No other determination can be made because they keep doing the same nonsense without a care in the world!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sirius XM?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

My husband generously gave me a 1-year subscription to SiriusXM last year for my birthday. The subscription would automatically renew on January 8th so I called today to cancel it. I was on the phone for over 20 minutes, firmly replying to their offers discounts and to their sales pitches that I did not want to renew. I was put on hold 3 times while I waited for them to process my cancellation but "EJ" would come back on the phone and try to sell me the service again. I would explain that it was a gift and that there is no way I would renew and EJ was repeated insensitive in suggesting I could buy it for myself or ask my husband for another year. It was a terrible experience. I feel like I was harassed and I will never subscribe to SiriusXM again.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I was in the market for one of these for the holidays and ordered one in early December. The deal was that the radio unit was free with annual subscription, and that I would have my choice of unit. After about 2 weeks without arrival, I checked the shipping tracker and found that the package had already come and was returned to AND SIGNED BY the sender. Called Sirius 6 times and spent several hours on hold before being told that the unit is "no longer available" and that the money would be refunded. Thus far, instead of the money being refunded, I have been billed 2 additional times, apparently for service, which I do not have, as I do not have the unit. Recommend you avoid this service and use a streaming service & downloadable "podcasts" instead. An auxiliary port will get you further than this company will, I'm learning.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I discovered that almost $20 are deducted each month from my credit card while the service is not working. We talked to an Anthony who sounds like a machine repeating the same sentence again and again. This company sucks and it's a rip off completely. No wonder the rating is one star as there is no lower. I am taking this is to the highest level possible.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Back when Sirius fist offered a lifetime sub. I took advantage of the offer. And with my old radio it worked wonderful until about 6 months ago when the cord got damaged, and I was in the process of searching for a new vehicle so I didn't get a new power cord. So when I went to move my subscription I didn't have the radio number of my old radio, something that I didn't think I wouldn't need if I had the information. I called them anyway and they found my account and they informed me that I didn't have a lifetime subscription and unless I could prove that I did by sending them a cancelled check, or the statement from the Cc then they would believe it. A cancelled check? Hello? My bank stopped sending those in about 2000. And I don't have a Cc, and the back I had then didn't have debit cards because they don't have ATM's. So they have cancelled my lifetime subscription. After I have listened to it for what 10yrs now they cancel it? Yeah right.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

A Sirius Radio subscription came with a new car purchase last summer. When it ended I got a call asking if I wanted to renew for 3 more months for $5.00. I said sure and first mistake was giving them my credit card number. Perhaps they told me that unless I called to cancel that my subscription would automatically renew and bill to my credit card. Anyway, listen to the small print & take note. Calling them was a nightmare. I was on hold for an hour until I used my cell to call again and used the “cancel subscription” option where I was attended to promptly. They refunded the money for the days not used. I think I should have received a paper or email reminder that the subscription had been renewed and a number to call to stop it. AND, as goodwill, after wasting all that time, I think they could have waived the charges. PS. You will hear that a customer service agent will be with you every 17 seconds while you wait.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I purchased a 2012 Chevy Impala LT in 2016. I Had the first 3 months free and then there was an issue with billing. I have read a lot of negative reviews, but you know folks it is all about how you approach your issue. Today, and an email directly to one person, I received a phone call 30 minutes late, the person from SiriusXM told me that just received my email and wanted to straighten out what happened. While yes they agreed it was their fault, they were most helpful in correcting my issue and we move on to 2018. It is all about taking it to the person who has the juice to fix things.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

OK, so each time I've ever called the customer service of SiriusXM, I know going in that it is not going to be pleasant. I know that they are over in India (I'm guessing) with American names like Bob, Jen, etc. However, I think, well, as long as I can just get this done because the website is even more useless as rarely works for what you want, say like, adding a RADIO! You know Sirius, your whole business model? Sigh. So I get a person named Jen who literally, and I mean LITERALLY, has no idea what it is she is there to do.

I'm imagining that she is answering for multiple companies because she has no focus on radios at all. She could be selling pots or chia pets. Any question I asked, all very basic, including why am I getting charged for months for $5 for streaming when it already comes with the plan, crickets. Not even sure what I asked her. Just horrible. So I gave up, told her to add the radio that the website would not let me add no matter what I did and I'll move on from there. Then begins the fun: reading from a script that she cannot, will not veer away from no matter what. And when I didn't agree because I had a question about the amount she quoted, it began all over again. ARRRGGHHH!!!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I really don’t even want to give them 1 Star. Customer service is terrible. Spoke to Donna, Fabio and I believe the supervisor said his name was Tony. Could not understand any of them. Had to ask them to repeat over and over during our 40 minute phone call. Let’s just say I am not happy.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

The customer service and call center and sale are mostly target to sale not to help. I experienced they just hang up when they got my money. I eventually canceled the service because of many bad experience on call with them.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

I received an offer for $99.00 for 3 years in writing listing the make and model of my car. When I called to take advantage of the offer, they informed me the offer is not valid for my car. They then proceeded to try to sell me their normal package of 12 months for $120.00. Total scam.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I initially loved the service. My favorite music with no commercials seemed phenomenal. Oddly found the music One-Dimensional. When I learned that they had given a platform, a voice, to a ** Nationalist, to spew hate speech I terminated my contract. I will never support hate speech, or bigotry with my very hard earned dollar. When I cancelled my service they tried to convince me that I was not supporting the First Amendment. Bigotry and hate speech will never be part of the first amendment.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I just cancelled my service and am happy to be done with them. Originally my renewal month was January and I planned on waiting until the end of December to call them to cancel my subscription but today I noticed they charged me $230 for a renewal. Last year around this time I called them to cancel the service when it was up for renewal in January but they knocked the bill down by 50% so I decided to keep it for another year, they didn't mention that they were actually changing the renewal date to the day I called them which was 1 month before it expired so I actually lost a month of my subscription. Today I called them to cancel the service altogether because lately they've been playing a LOT of commercials on the channels I listen to... Paying over $200 a year for radio and I still have to listen to advertisements!

Originally not having to listen to advertisements was one of the reasons I was willing to pay for the service, ads started showing up slowly and now it's almost as bad as regular radio. Another reason I wanted to cancel was because their signal has been getting horrible, today I was in my vehicle for around 25 minutes and for around half of the time I was driving I didn't have reception. This is another problem that has slowly been getting worse over the last few months, I'm not sure why the signal is getting worse but it is and again if they expect me to pay $200+ per year I expect good reception.

I also found out today that they charge a cancellation fee so for less than a week of service it cost me $42. Even though my original renewal month was January and they didn't mention they were changing the date of my subscription renewal I still had to pay the cancellation fee. I will never go back to satellite radio until they eliminate ads, improve their signal and reduce the cost.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Always a mess. This time after renewing on the phone and then double checking on their website everything that was agreed to with a customer service, I discovered a little discrepancy. One car was shown as being on a monthly plan, the other car on a semi-annual plan. I called Sirius Customer Service to have both cars put on a semi-annual plan. After 15 minutes of discussion including a hold while they apparently went to speak to a supervisor, it couldn’t be done until my next renewal and I would have to call again! They never handle anything efficiently and I always have to deal with speaking in broken English.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

This company is very deceitful in its advertising and unscrupulous in its billing practices. I had an account with them on a vehicle I previously owned and it came with a trial subscription - I signed up to continue after the trial period for three month periods at a time. Then they billed me for a year! $293! My car was then totaled in hurricane Harvey. I got another Acura and they began a new trial subscription but never canceled my existing contract. I got three different extension offers for the new subscription - without even knowing what they were extending.

Trying to get the refund on my existing subscription was a nightmare. I could not understand any of people I spoke to on the phone. Obviously not based here in the US. What a horrible experience. This company is apparently still employing deceitful practices. Nowhere on their website is there a way to contact them about complaints. I want to know who runs this mess and make them accountable. Heartless **.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Bought a car with a trial subscription in it. A sales rep called to ask me to pay for a subscription because mine would end in 2 months. I tried explaining that I would think about it and let them know. He refused to accept that as an answer and said he has all my information because of the car dealer I bought the car from. He said I needed to say, on the recorded call, that I agree to continue my subscription today. I continually refused and said I was done with the call. He said no, do not hang up or it will cost me more later.

I asked over 20 times to speak with a supervisor but he said I was acting like a 3 year old. I finally said I was hanging up and not to call me again. He said that will be a mistake. I felt threatened and just hung up. Because he said the call was recorded, I did send an email to their customer service and asked for them to review this call. I have yet to hear anything back. I was interested in a subscription but will never be involved with a company that thinks the tactics are okay.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I recently tried to take advantage of a "special" they were offering -- 12 months for $60. An ad appeared on Facebook, but when I tried to enroll the online system was wanting to bill me $99. Got into Chat to confirm the $60 and was told that fees would be an additional $8.34 and taxes would be $9.06. I was prepared for the fees, although I resent them because I listen to very little music, but the taxes are 15% of the $60 plan!!! I'm in Florida and the state and local tax rate is 7%. So they are more than double-charging for taxes. Tried to get an explanation, but nobody there knows anything. "The system" generates the taxes.

What a sleazy outfit! Also, the fact that you need to call them to non-renew is really a terrible way to do business. I had them for a while - with fairly reasonable rates, but gave it up a few months back when they wanted to renew me for $250. When I saw the $60 offer I figured I would tolerate the renewal hassle a year from now, but I think I'm gone for good!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I have been a longtime customer of SiriusXM and most recently tried cancelling my services. I received a call from them on my billing and specifically asked they cancel my account. Not only did they not cancel, they took my payment then continued to bill me $29.94 the following month. Now I get daily calls, sometimes multiple times throughout the day harassing me asking me to bring my account current. I will tell them over and over that I cancelled and they were not authorized to bill me or continue my services.

I get the same exact response every time with them giving me a number I cannot even understand because they do not speak any English. I am extremely disappointed in the decline of their company and they lost and are most definitely losing a lot of customers with the horrible lack of service they are providing. I would stay clear of SiriusXM as they are unethical and are horrible to deal with on every level. Also, I was being billed almost $30/mo. Meanwhile my sister who lives in the Midwest paid $30 for 6 months of service which is upsetting. They are ripping people off.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Tried to cancel and can't be done on website. Had to call and wait over 9 minutes to speak to a horses **. Would only ask questions (why do I want to cancel, what can we do to keep you) for every answer they had another question. It was a fight to cancel and I will still need to watch my credit card! Never again!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

The past summer I subscribed to a 90 day subscription to Sirius XM, which was paid up front. About four months or so later I received a notice to pay an invoice of service that was 'automatically renewed', according to Sirius agent. I explained to her that I was not made aware of this special clause to renew and that the agent that signed me up didn't emphasize this renewal policy. I also told her that I'm sure I'm not the only one who is complaining about this hidden renewal clause.

Prior to the call, I was thinking of renewing my service with them, but after talking with them and their attitude about this oversight, I decided to not renew. They offer me half off the invoice but refused offer because of their questionable tactic of getting additional money from the subscribers. If they insist that I pay, I will report this practice to my Texas State Attorney office. In the meantime, be aware that a trial offer from Sirius XM comes with a $35.00 'AUTOMATIC RENEWAL' clause!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. They won't let you cancel, they bill you after your contract is up... They put you on hold to cancel, it take hours. Do yourself a favor and never get involved with them... If you buy a new car DONT SIGN UP, they will never let you go.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I did enjoy my six month free trial. I even had thought about continuing the service with the advertised $30 for six month of service. But then they began harassing me. Calling my cell phone every day, which is illegal in the US (outsourced from a tele company in India). It's very deceitful as it shows as a local number on my caller ID. In addition to the daily calls, I also receive emails and house mail from Sirius with the same promotion details.

Today I finally called their customer service to be removed from the call list but the representative wanted me to provide her with more of my personal information to do so. I refused, I finally had to threaten them with a lawsuit before I was connected to a supervisor who was immediately able to override my account and remove my number. Sirius is a very sneaky company with harassing sales tactics. Also as it appears with other reviewers, they are also liars and greedy. Definitely dodged a bullet not providing a credit card number.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Just like others here I created a Consumer Affairs account just so I could review SiriusXM. I have been a subscriber for about nine years. I really enjoy the radio content, but SiriusXM 's billing practices border on despicable. I just received an email from their Accounts Receivable department claiming I owe them $655 "for services past and current." When I go to the "detail" portion of their bill the only detail I get is that there's no past balance. The $655 is all current. I have no idea what time frame they are attempting to bill for. They make it sound as if I might owe them for services I've already received.

The only reason I even got notified BEFORE they charged my credit card on file is that my current card is expiring at the end of the year. In the past they've just hit my credit card with some enormous charge, assuming I want to renew, without explaining how long they're extending my service for. I will definitely be canceling my subscription ASAP. Nothing is worth having to deal with these people once a year.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

SiriusXM does not have a method online to cancel the subscription, even though you are in your "manage my account" field. They force you to call them. After losing 10 min waiting and talking to them, refusing their last minute offers, they agreed to cancel the subscription. Supposedly after 5 business days confirmation will be sent that the account is closed. It did not happen. I called again to complain and I got partial refund. Complete crooks, and bad (hard to understand) Indian customer service center.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Their website does not provide a means to cancel service. YOU MUST do so by telephone. Placed on hold, their recorded message says to use their website for ALL your service needs. On hold for extended period of time... Wait... Wait wait. If/when you finally get a person, they stall and keep asking you questions. After about 5 times telling them to cancel, they want to put you on hold again. I hung up so not sure if they actually cancelled service.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

This is the absolute worst company to deal with ever. My credit card was charged extra numerous times and these crooks said it was fixed and it still happened time and time again. I ended up canceling the card and fighting with a different foreigner every week to stop these fraudulent charges. It was a horrible experience. I filed a complaint with the Ohio Attorney General's Office and the FTC to stop these extra charges. I would never ever recommend this company to anyone. The audio quality is garbage, there is no variety of songs, you don't even get to hear all stations, some are online only. Customer service is abysmal at best. Don't ever give these people your credit card number. They will scam you big time.

SiriusXM Satellite Radio Company Information

Sirius XM
www.siriusxm.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use