2. Miscellaneous

SiriusXM Satellite Radio

SiriusXM Satellite Radio
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.04/5

SiriusXM Satellite Radio Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SiriusXM Satellite Radio?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sirius XM?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

There is something wrong with this company. They keep sending me emails. They say my account is overdue, but they don't show the balance. I have asked them a number of times for an invoice so that I can pay them and bring the account up to date. I have replied to the emails and I have filled out a Help form on their website. They seem to ignore my simple request for an invoice and keep sending emails full of other garbage. I believe this is one of those cases where they will start adding interest to the account because it is overdue and I will end up with some crazy big bill. I cannot pay them because I have no idea how much I owe them and they refuse to tell me.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

Like virtually all the reviews, I was invoiced for a closed account! 6 months after I closed it, they billed my credit card $116.02. When I called, they told me that the account was only suspended for 6 months - thus the renewal! Not true. I told the agent when I CANCELLED that it was a convertible that I don't drive in winter, and wouldn't be driving in summer 2020 due to covid-19. So, the middle of October they bill me for 6 months. They didn't send me any information that the account had been reactivated - I guess they hope that people won't notice the credit card billing. When I called, she initially processed a refund for 5 months. I told her that I wanted a full refund! I hadn't ordered it, I hadn't used it. She said I should get a full refund within 3 to 5 business days. Here's hoping.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

I bought a Jeep in March 2020. It came with a 4-month free trial. Then in September, they told me for $30 I will get 6 more months. They took the $30 out of my bank acct, then turned around and took another $28. without my permission. When I called them they said it's $30 a month. Not what they told me. So they won't refund my money and I canceled the account. They are Thieves!!! And no one there speaks good English, they are very hard to understand.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

Had the service, they messed up my account and shut it off. I'm being billed for it but cannot get them to turn it back on, it's been a month of calls to them still no service. They have no idea who I am when I call in after being on hold for hours.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

Had a few years ago. Free renewal & did it. Then 3 free months with CC#. Then it was a sham. 2.5 hours on the phone later. No help. Will notify dealership in the morning. Canceling my credit card. Even more shady than in the past.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

After trying to cancel online, I found I needed to give them a call. When calling I was given the option to text with them due to long hold times. I chose to text. I wanted to cancel my subscription because I no longer listened to them. I've had them in my car for 6 months before I decided to cancel thinking I might start listening again but did not.

When I let them know what I wanted they kept making me offer after offer after offer. I had stated several times that I do not listen to XM radio any longer and that all I wanted to do was cancel my subscription because of that. I did not say anything about the cost, I just wanted to cancel my subscription. Regardless of how little it could cost me if I took up one of their offers I just do not listen in any amount would be a waste of money for me. Their high pressure sales was a huge turn off for me and I will not use their service in the future due to that. Many other ways that I can get the same kind of service much cheaper with apps and subscriptions I currently have. If you end up subscribing to them be aware that if you want to cancel it will be a very difficult thing to do.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I just recently bought a car, unfortunately, they did not inform me that they were giving my information to SiriusXM. I have had this issue in the past when purchasing a car. SiriusXM is relentless with mailers and phone calls, you tell them you are not interested and they refuse to listen and hang up on you without removing your information. I picture a little girl on the other end of the line with her fingers in their ears saying "la la la la la.... I can't hear you therefore I shall do nothing...." Click! It gets to the point where you start to be rude with them and how dare you do that, but at this point their relentless tactics bring out the worst in you. Nothing will get your information removed for their list!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I had Sirius XM for a boat Stereo System. I sold the boat in 2015, my bad I didn’t notice the recurrent bill until 2016. I called and told them I needed to cancel. The service agent kept trying to get me to transfer the service. I told him I didn’t have another boat, wasn’t planning on one, and had already paid an extra year. He drove me nuts frustrating me asking me what vehicle I wanted to transfer it to. Finally, he said he would. Believe it or not my bad in 2020 last month I had to cancel the bank account and transfer the funds out because annually they kept billing me. Worst scum thieves I can think of. With phone and Apple play you never need them.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I loved Sirius and had been with them for 4 years. However.... you have to call every 6 months to stay on the promotional packages. NEVER EVER put them on automatic payment. Because they revert to the regular subscription price when payment is due. Every six months I would go through such obstacles that I would have anxieties when I knew I had to deal with them. I was on a promo for $22 for 6 months and when I called to make my payment for the next 6 months, I explicitly confirmed the $22 was for the next 6, agent said yes. Then I asked if I could pay $44 for the year and she again she said yes. I paid the $44 thinking I’m good until August of 2021. Nope! I received a bill for the next month at $22.

So I called, discussed the issue with 3 people until the last guy said there is nothing they can do about me being ripped off. He even saw that for the first 3 years I paid $6 a month or $36 for 6 months (having to call every time of course for the lower rate). So why all of sudden would I agree to $22 a month? I wouldn’t! That representative confirmed $44 for the YEAR, not 2 MONTHS. So naturally I got scammed then just cancelled my account. I even tried to work with them to extend the $44 to cover a total of 6 months. The agent wouldn’t do it. So in essence... be VERY vigilant when dealing with SIRIUS. Even if you can barely understand due to a thick accent, get confirmation repeatedly and maybe even record it yourself for proof. They confuse or confirm erroneous costs/timeframes all to try and rope you in to paying higher costs. Just be careful when dealing with Sirius XM.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

The product itself is fine, but if you need help you won't receive it. Tried their chat function which failed, tried calling and was on-hold for 35 minutes before they dropped me out of queue, and no response via email.

SiriusXM Satellite Radio Company Information