1.11/5

2509 SiriusXM Satellite Radio Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I called and canceled my service because I sold the car, I kept the cancelation number. 6 months later they charge me renewal fee. I called and said, "I have the cancelation number from previous cancel," and they said it was a system error that charged me. I check my account and they had been charging me for 6 months. They only refunded one month. I have the cancel confirmation number from 6 months ago. How many people did they do this to? This company billing department is a SCAM!!! How is there no class action suit against this company!! Update: After I got my one month refund they just reopened my account and charged me again!!! Seriously. I have to call again. Someone needs to do their job at the consumer protection agency and shut these guys down.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I had a 2007 Mercedes with SiriusXM built in and took the trial version then I brought a different Mercedes also with Sirius and switched the service via phone to the new car. The lady on the phone told me no problem and also said that I have $40.00 good on the old account and my trial goes to April 2019 for the new car. Now after a month of service they charged already my credit card and they should not do that because they could take it out of the $40.00 good I still have and they should not charge my account at all because I'm still in trial till April 2019. I trusted these guys but I was wrong. They going after the money and that's it, they not interested to have happy customers. Rip off company.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I have PURCHASED three Lifetime memberships with Sirius over the past, the first I gave away with the car when I sold it. The second was ILLEGALLY transferred by Sirius to my now ex spouse and I am having to work on getting that resolved. My third unit was purchased with the car in 2009 and I am now being told if it was a factory installed radio it is not Lifetime and cannot be transferred to a new car. How can a company change their terms AFTER the fact and get away with it? I have given Sirius $1,500.00 for three memberships and two were basically stolen BY SIRIUS! The galling part is they are offering me a thirty percent discount on future subscriptions. Why in my craziest state of dementia would I want to do business with a company that is guilty of out and outright thievery? You have lost a customer Sirius, don't count on me as a customer OR someone that would refer anyone to you!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Today in the mail I got a great deal offered to me. I was a subscriber before but found I didn't listen to it much so I didn't renew. This is a flash sale and they strongly advertise it at $60 per Year, that's only $5 per month. So they say. When you log on and apply the sale price they tack on several fees totaling over $20. While I'll admit that $80 for a whole year is probably a great deal, that's not what was advertised. I logged off without subscribing on principle.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Called to cancel subscription on a vehicle that I sold, and not replacing, took me 20 minutes to finally get my subscription canceled. Several times she put me on hold only to come back and try to offer me other services when I just wanted to cancel one car. She then offered me a 3 month free trial because I deserved it, that was a joke, only to later ask for my permission to charge my account $27.00 and automatic renewal after the 3 months! NO, I just wanted to cancel and not incur any more debt. No more radios, no other services, no 3 month free trial...just cancel. Geez! This experience made me want to cancel all my vehicles all together.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sirius XM?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I called SiriusXM last month to cancel my subscription after my promotional time was up and they charged my credit card without my permission. This month I got charged again and it took 45 min. to cancel it again! Scam artists!!!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Nissan Connect Services aka XMRadio and customer services are useless. This is my 2nd Nissan (unfortunately) and Nissan Connect again is giving exactly the same issues. Intermittent operation, app disconnect often, no SOS or customer care connection (busy signal), and Nissan keeps referring to the dealer for repair. The dealer has no idea what to do and just replaces the TCU which causes another set of problems, because Nissan Conn aka XMRadio, cannot figure out what configuration is in the car after the original TCU is replaced. Thus the system keeps disconnecting. This is my 2nd brand new Nissan and it's doing the same as my old one, if not actually worse. Sadly, I don't think it's actually hardware, but programming issues with XM.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Been trying to get the signal to my radio. 20 "refreshes", and it still doesn't work. I filled out a live chat complaint and saved it. I wrote an email. Called numerous times. All unsuccessful resolutions. Cust service doesn't get it. Clueless. Unhelpful. I finally demanded I wanted to talk to a corporate office rep. Lol They wouldn't let me. Kept me on the phone forever. Then transferred me to avionics--right after I told them this is not a plane or boat, but in my truck. Oh yeah, an email from Jeremy said he attempted to contact me by phone. That never happened. Another lie. And I can prove it from my phone history.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Push you into other "subscriptions" sales tactics... I finally had to tell them that I was dying of cancer to cancel... Super sad that I will never come back and will make sure my friends know as well.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Like many of the other customers, I found it impossible to cancel my subscription. I was passed from one representative to another--each equally unhelpful. Each had a new sales pitch and after 25 minutes on the phone, I still did not have a confirmation of my cancellation. It's taken a few months and more lost money. I advise any potential new customers to run the other way. Sure, there's a few good channels--though after a while, the repertoire is like a mediocre buffet with the same daily menu. And nothing is worth the dismal customer (dis) service.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

When my initial subscription that came with my new car came to an end, I took advantage of a 6 month promotion that was sent to me via snail mail. However, I was never notified that my promotion was going to come to an end and that I would then be charged the monthly rate. The only way I knew I was being charged was by looking at my bank statement. I just spent an hour and a half on the phone talking to 3 different people. Here is what I was told:

-I never confirmed my email address (wrong - it actually says whether you confirmed or not on your account page). -I would have only received an email stating my promo was ending if I signed up for an annual plan and not a 6-month plan. -The supervisor would be fired if I got a refund. -"It is definitely our fault." -"To make up for it, I can give you a good deal going forward." -If I signed up for the service via a phone call rather than through the Internet, I would have received a bill reminder. -"We got a lot of phone calls from customers saying they got too many emails, so we stopped sending them." -"How would you like me to proceed?" After telling him that I wanted a refund, he said no. So why ask?

Also, upon further examination of the account page, there is a section to choose whether or not to receive a billing reminder. This was toggled to Opt-Out. I NEVER would have chosen this, and frankly, I don't know who would opt out of this. This was done without my consent. I also opted-in for snail mail notifications, which I never received. I never write reviews, but I am so appalled by this terrible customer service that I wanted to warn people who might want to sign up for Sirius. If this helps even one person, I will feel as though I've done my duty. Good luck! (Stick with Spotify???)

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

This company seems to try to make cancelling service as hard as possible. I've tried to cancel twice, unsuccessfully: You can't cancel online, only by phone. When you say you want to cancel, they ask lots of questions, then transfer you. Super long wait during the transfer, then lots of additional questions. When demanding to cancel service, they keep asking the same questions trying to retain and sell some temporary promotions. When it becomes clear I'm not interested in promotions, the call suddenly "disconnects". I've wasted about half an hour now trying to cancel unsuccessfully

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

On March 12, 2018, I purchased a new Mazda CX-5 which came with a 4-month trial to SiriusXM. I traded this Mazda CX-5 for a 2018 Mazda3 on July 09, 2018. By my calculation, the trial period for the CX-5 would end on July 09, 2018. I notified customer service with SiriusXM concerning the trade of the CX-5 and for the account that was under a trial period with an automatic renewal date to be removed from my name. Apparently, this was too difficult for them to accomplish as I am still receiving calls from SiriusXM stating that my account is delinquent and the information would be referred for collections and would reflect on my credit status.

On this day (Wednesday morning of the 5th of September), I have been on the phone with the customer care center for over two hours attending to this simple issue. I detest the fact that I must keep repeating the same information over and over again to different people. All who can not take care of a small matter. I requested a callback from a manager who could correct this issue and was told that they can not call out after I received 2 (two) calls from SiriusXM this morning.

I strongly suggest that SiriusXM trial offers or subscriptions to SiriusXM be avoided. I do not feel that this so called business be allowed to continue offering any trial offers with vehicle purchases due to the fact they are placing false information about a person's payment practices with collection agencies which reflect poorly on a personal credit score.

As of 1115 am, I have not received a call from a manager or supervisor with SiriusXM. I do plan on seeking legal advice from my attorney should any false information be forwarded to a collection agency or any derogatory information show up on my credit report. We as paying consumers need to boycott any and all dealings with a company like SiriusXM.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I did not like Sirius being able to go into my account and just take money out that I did not authorize to take money out. I am really not radio listener but I decided to take the promotion and nothing else. I just think it so unfair for a company to be able to just go into your account while not letting you know that they are going to take money from you. I am on a fix income and every penny matter to me. How unfair.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I have had this car for several years and never had this issue. But today I Found out the fun way that SiriusXM "Game score alert" notifications sound extremely similar to the start of my rear collision alarm. Despite the cancelled account I also found all services subscribed because of a "Free period". After calling to have it cancelled or disabled and being told "We can't". I dug through all of the settings for about ten minutes to finally find it and disable notifications. Kinda wish I could disable the system after having to go through their customer service.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I purchased a vehicle and got three free months. Did not activate immediately, got a letter saying the subscription was running out, I called to activate and inform them I wanted my free three months. They tried to charge me so I told them to cancel. I recorded the call as I do not trust them. This is fraud and withering number of complaints here the FCC should get involved or a class action lawsuit.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

The worst company ever to deal with. Started a year ago for me, free trial I was promised with my new vehicle purchase. I called from the dealer to transfer my service from my Nissan, to my Brand New Dodge. Sirius tried to tell me the vehicle was used, and I immediately place the dealer on the phone with them. They talked for a few minutes, then I was offered a promotion to extend the free year plus the 3 months remaining on my Nissan to 2 full years. Well guess what, 1 year later they turn my service off, and claim to know nothing about this, other than I paid a promo rate for 1 year. WHAT A SCAM!! Personally I would not have paid anything more 1 year ago had I not been receiving the 1 year free. They are exuberantly overpriced for spotty crappy service. Do yourself a favor and stream from your phone Pandora, or the like versus giving Sirius 10 cents.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I spent over an hour and a half trying to get my VISA/gift card to go through for a one time payment. The bank kept declining saying it was coded as a recurring payment. Sirius said they put through a one time payment. The agent finally agreed to put me through to a supervisor who said - we don't accept gift cards as payment. Wow. The agent did not know this, and would not send me to a supervisor? Wow. Can I bill you for the hour and a half of my time you just wasted?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

They do not make it easy to cancel and will auto renew at a much higher price than original. You will be charged if you do not remember to call before and cancel. You cannot cancel online. You must call and be subjected to high pressure sales.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Although the product may be good, their customer service is terrible! I called to cancel a subscription because I am no longer driving, but we still have the car, and they had both me and my husband on the phone for over 30 minutes trying to convince to not cancel. It was unprofessional and disrespectful. Conveniently for them, you cannot cancel online—you must call them directly. This is not the first time we have issues with them. I think it is time for another, better company to either enter the market or buy them out.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

The service is forever losing signal. If I left my Jeep parked for a week, I return to no service, and must call them for a "refresh". Otherwise the radio sits on the preview channel. I called and asked for a disconnect, only three months into my one year free trial. I changed my name, address, and phone to fake info. I told them not to contact me, and pulled the yellow lead (SXM antenna) from the back of my infotainment system. From now on I listen only to FM. Some rental cars come with XM. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it does not.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I've never been able to get a straight answer out of these people at the XM Radio. It seems like they are trying a text to you and no matter what your issue may be??? You're gonna meet the same DUMB RESPONSE. They refuse to connect you with anyone back in the States. So basically you're stuck with bunch of idiots who refuse to understand you.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I had subscribed to some radio music stations. The stations are so-so, except when they start talking. About a certain singer, his house, his city, his relatives, his private life, his followers. Then the followers start talking on the radio about how they wanted so much to visit the singer's house, why they went to see the singer's city, his house, his furniture, how much they adore him, why they adore his house, etc. And only then a few songs follow. When I got fed up and wanted to unsubscribe, I had the most horrible experience.

The call took around 20 minutes, during which I was constantly, adamantly, saying that I want to unsubscribe, as don't like Sirius. I explained I don't like the content of the channels, and why. The customer service rep was repeating again and again about discounts. I said that I don't need any discounts to a service I don't like. But the rep continued to offer discounts. Then he starting offering the same service on the phone, or on my TV. I was repeating again and again that I don't want any service from Sirius. I think he was trolling me. At the end I became desperate. He stole 20 minutes of my life. I didn't know how to obtain what was my right, to cancel paying something I didn't like and need. I got scared. I felt humiliated because of that. This is not right.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Good luck canceling! Get a cancellation number. Verify, somehow that it is valid and that they canceled it. They will hit you with a fee for unpaid service and then use that as ransom to try and get you to renew. Not a reputable company and very high pressure. To cancel, it may take multiple calls, endless pitches and holds. Make sure they give you a cancellation # and then verify that you are cancelled.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I called to cancel service two weeks prior to subscription ending. The rep tried to sell me options but I declined and told him I just wanted to cancel. He said he would cancel the subscription at the end of the month on Aug 31st and gave me a cancellation no. which I misplaced. When I checked my bank statement I was charged for a month. I called back a few days later to question the charge and this rep that I had canceled a few days prior to my subscription. The rep said he has no record of my call and his info is accurate and in addition my subscription was renewed because my subscription had ended on Aug 9th.

My subscription ended on Aug 31st, I called on Aug 14th. He said my subscription ended on Aug 9th and his computer is accurate and he has no record of my call on the 14th. I gave up this argument and said, "Cancel me today, I want nothing to do with your Co." He transferred me to I guess their accts. payable dept. This rep said he has a record of my call on the 14th but he will cancel my subscription and refund part of my payment. That was just done to appease me, because I should have not been charged at all. I called in plenty of time to cancel. Never again.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I had the worst experience with Sirius radio this evening. I just got my car out of the shop spent $750 cash. So I called Sirius Radio asking why was my bill $44.68 and they told me because my renewal was up because normally my payments are 19.21 month so I get this woman by the name of Kim on the phone couldn't understand her because of her accent. I told her my situation. I wouldn't have the payment until next Thursday for the full amount of 44.68. I told her I'm willing to do $20 payment. She said that was fine. She read it disclosure to me. I told her only $20 no problem gave her my debit card number so I go in the house check my account and $45. 44.68 was taken out so I'm furious.

I called back. I get Marvin. I'm on the phone with him for good 25-30 minutes. I told him I wanted to speak to a manager to get this resolved because they're going to refund me back my money and then I'm going to cancel with you all. He came back on the phone to put me through a specialist so I spoke to her specialist by the name of Ali. I'm on the phone 45 mins. She said that they would refund me back the money to my account but it's going to take 5 to 10 business days which I think is ridiculous and I'm canceling my service with them once I get my money back.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I'm actually on the phone now, my 4th attempt to cancel service. The call time, so far, is OVER 20 minutes!!! The rep keeps trying to offer cheaper plans, new radios, etc. We've had service on 2 vehicles, one of which hasn't worked for TWO YEARS. Every time I try to call to cancel, it takes 30-45 minutes, and then I get disconnected. Absolutely insane... DO NOT GET XM RADIO!!!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I truly enjoy their service, NFL radio and Barstool Sports made my commute to work far more enjoyable. But their customer service is maybe the single worst department of any company I've ever dealt with. They disgust me. If 0 stars was an option I would have picked that.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

If I could give them a NEGATIVE rating I would. I have the service for a couple of years and know the drill - low promotional rate (30 bucks for 6 months) and then it's back to 20 bucks a month. You have to call them every time to get the reduced rate and takes around 30 minutes to get it taken care of. Each time I say "never again" will I do this. I call this time I received the bill on August 9th and I called on August 13th. I went through the song and dance and even with the 30 dollar rate I just don't want to deal with them anymore.

After waiting longer this time they come back and say I can cancel (why thank you) but I owe them $7.26 for service from Aug 5-13th. And if I just want to pay the other 23 bucks I can get 6 more months of service- ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I finally cancelled and wanted to speak to a manager - I was put on hold and then hung up on. Good luck Sirius - you are a dying breed - there are a 100 other FREE ways to stream music in my car. I would never recommend this service.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I like the SiriusXM radio service and enjoy the variety of channels it offers. However, I have found their customer service extremely bad, and customer retention strategies to be really shady. Recently, I called to cancel my plan after my 6 month subscription was over in November 2018. When I subscribed to the $30 for 6 month plan I was told I can cancel the auto renewal as soon as I want.

First call: I am told I cannot cancel my service since I still had 3 months on it and if I cancel it would be immediate. After pushing a bit more I was put on hold and the call dropped. Second call: The lady responded that she will process the cancellation. Put me on hold, and the call dropped. Third call (At this point I did remember to take down the agent's name and ID (Ron, **)): He gave me a similar reason for not being able to cancel and that I had to wait till closer to the 6 month period. After a few weird comments from him, I asked to speak with his manager. At this point he finally told me that my service will be successfully cancelled.

To summarize, I don't think SiriusXM service is worth the pain it creates. The company's policy seems to make money from customers forgetting their auto renewal dates, or giving up on trying to cancels from bad customer service. Extremely dissatisfied. If you call them, please take down the agent's name and number and ask to speak to their manager. I have found that to be the only thing that works.

SiriusXM Satellite Radio Company Information