SiriusXM Satellite Radio

SiriusXM Satellite Radio

3.8/5 (662 ratings)

About SiriusXM Satellite Radio

SiriusXM Satellite Radio Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SiriusXM Satellite Radio?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sirius XM?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

So don’t forget your trial ending because they will not give you a refund even if it’s the day after. What a bunch of crap, especially when the stations are horrible and why do you play the same music on loop? Will never use and you shouldn’t either. Called to cancel and they threw 80 sales pitches at me, had to get hateful just to cancel service. Unreal. Not what I needed to deal with today…

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

I had Sirius XM for a few years. Every time I received my renewal notice the price was super expensive. I would phone to cancel my subscription they would pass me through several people until someone would say "We fave found a special offer for you!! $5 a month"...so I would take the deal. After 3 years of having to call and complain and be on the phone for almost an hour, I decided that the stress just wasn't worth it. I asked them repeatedly to just give me the 'so called' deal of the day and save me the grief of calling but they wouldn't so I'm done with them!! Buyer beware..Really bad sales tactics! If you don't dispute your renewal notice you could pay hundreds of dollars more per year!! If you don't mind arguing with people on the phone then this is the company for you!!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

The service came with my car when I purchased the vehicle. They didn't have my payment information so when it ended, it ended. I got an offer to renew the service at 4.99 per month for 12 months. I immediately regretted it. The channels still play commercials, the DJs are terrible, the app doesn't work half the time and it never has any of the programs they advertise on the channels. They play the same songs every day, no different than the regular radio.

When I went to cancel, I had to speak to two different people. They harass you constantly with offers. They want to know the reason you won't accept. My final rep was named Rohit **, and after I asked four times for them to cancel, I had to explain I didn't appreciate the harassments and I'd be notifying my financial institution in the morning to cancel the service. Then they claimed it would be cancelled. I saw their latest deal is three months for $1, so apparently I'm not the only one who thinks the service is garbage. Good luck to anyone who takes a risk on this. And even greater luck when you try and cancel.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

Sirius XM is a satellite radio service that isn't everything it's cracked up to be. My experience was that it was expensive and the service tended to cut out quite frequently. The cutting out was very frustrating and was quite dangerous while I was driving. When I tried to cancel they made me a ridiculously low offer so I agreed to another 12 months. When their rate tripled, I tried to cancel once again and they made it very difficult. It took me three phone calls and way too much time to get away from them. Someone is still supposed to call me back actually but I'm not holding my breath. Fired.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

About a little over a year ago I was having a problem with the satellite radio in one of my vehicles, after three days of trying to get it to work with XM, I stopped the service and XM told me that I would be credited $50 dollars to use whenever I wanted. Fast forward to today, I negotiate a new contract for the XM subscription on my other vehicle and ask them to apply my $50 dollar credit. The operator tells me the credit to my account has disappeared and there is no record what happened to it. I canceled all accounts.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

They will lie and tell you anything to get you to renew at a lower rate, but 12 months later they will whack you with a crazy monthly fee. They will say it's not a promotional price, but it is and by the time you figured out you will have paid at least a few months full price and they will not refund you.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

Horrible service. They used someone else's credit card for my account with telling me or authorization. I just found this out because the person credit card they used notified me and let me know they have been paying for my car service XM radio for a year. Had to call XM radio and report it now have to wait 72 hours for an investigation. These people are snakes. Will never ever use their services again.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

They’ll nickel and dime you the WHOLE time. Expensive rates they don’t disclose so they can auto renew your subscription at 200% what you were paying. They’ll give you the run around when you try to cancel and try to keep you with a discounted rate for 6 months, just to have to call them again to avoid paying $180-360 (for 6 or 12 months).

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

The reason I initially subscribed to Sirius was to listen to uninterrupted music in my car. In the past year, they have initiated talking disc jockeys for many of the channels I listen to. I hate it. If I want to listen to mindless banter, I will listen to regular FM radio stations (for free). I do not want to hear DJ's talking between songs. I will cancel my subscription at the end of this cycle.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

I had the introductory trial. I didn't actually use it though so I thought I'd just wait for it to expire. A month before it was to expire I received this email: "We hope you are enjoying your free introductory period to the SXM App! We are writing to you to let you know that your Streaming Platinum subscription plan will start billing on 08/13/2022. You must contact us before the date set forth above to avoid being charged. If you choose to cancel please see our Customer Agreement at www.siriusxm.com for complete terms." So I called in a panic and the rep told me that my introductory offer would just expire and the email was just an ad. This is not just false advertising, it is a blatant lie. I will never use Sirius and will tell everyone I know the company lies and uses scare tactics in their ads.

SiriusXM Satellite Radio Company Information