SiriusXM Satellite Radio

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I want to start a class action lawsuit against Sirius Radio. Sirius has taken $221 from my account since 2014. It's now 2017. I would not have known but the credit card they used to steal from was exchanged through the bank so they contacted us for an automatic renewal. We canceled the service in 2014. After the subscription was over they kept taking monies from the account. They have taken $442.54 from my account. Please help.

My new (company) car trial ended last month and I called customer service to see about extending the subscription. After struggling for almost an hour of trying to understand the strongly-accented Filipino agent, I decided to finish the transaction online. I had been assured by the agent that the cost would be $9.99.mo to get Golf Channel on my radio, and when that was confirmed on the website, I signed up. Unfortunately, I did not receive that channel when my radio was reactivated. As a result, I spent another 40 minutes with a web chat agent trying to resolve it, but after being told that I SHOULD be getting Golf Channel, he realized that he was looking at the account for my personal vehicle.

Shifting gears, he told me that my company car had a Sirius radio, not an XM radio, and that I would have to upgrade the new package to get Golf Channel- and that be an additional $5/mo. I asked to deal with a manager, and was told that I would have to call Customer Service directly. I did so, and was again assured that I should be able to receive Golf Channel with my current package. (Once again, they were referencing the wrong radio account.) After she realized her mistake, the agent informed me that I would have to upgrade the package. Upon hearing this again, I asked to cancel the account.

In response to my request to cancel, a "retention" agent offered to give me access to the Golf Channel for a one-time promotional charge of $15; which I finally accepted. In summary, I dread dealing with Sirius. Even though the actual entertainment is good, and reliable, their accents in Customer Service can be impenetrable, and getting anything accomplished takes forever.

It's frustrated that a good company like Sirius, keep a calling center overseas where is very difficult to understand the agent English. And is more upsetting learning that your good offer has expired and a full charge goes on the account. So I have been charged $60 since December and because I want to cancel they offered again a fair deal. So because of a matter of principle I cancelled the account. Certainty that Sirius will send emails to promote their new channels but not to advise you that your contract is going to be expired and new full rate to apply. In 30 million of subscribers if half are hitting with this, then the monthly revenue is near $150M. Not right.

I have had Sirius Radio since the Company first started. I had 2 Lifetime subscriptions that I paid when I bought my 2 Satellite Radios. What outrages me is that both Radios have been shut off and Sirius Customer Service says they don't have anything that says I was a Customer. So I have two Home Kits that are now worthless. I also had Sirius in my Toyota and what makes me mad is that so many of the SiriusXM Stations have commercials. If I want commercials I can listen to regular FM Radio. Customer Service Agents are off shore in the Philippines and although friendly couldn't help much.

I have read numerous Complaints concerning Lifetime subscriptions not being transferable which I knew about. However in my case my Home Units are still like new. I rarely used my Home Units but was happy knowing they had Lifetime subscriptions. Not at all the case!! Sirius is very dishonest and runs a crooked Business. The FCC and Government need to investigate these Crooks. I paid over $500 USD for the Receivers and Home Kits plus the Lifetime subscriptions that was around $250 USD per Radio...

I purchased car April 2016. SiriusXM was already on system. I ordered and paid for 6 months. I thought I cancelled. The car was sold later last year. They will not leave me alone. I receive emails throughout the day, every day. There's no way to contact them. Should I contact an attorney? This should be against the law.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sirius XM?

I never subscribed to Sirius but they keep calling from local numbers. I block them on my cell phone and ask them to stop. My phone is listed on DO NOT CALL. I imagine that their product and customer service is as poor as their sales approach.

We have a 2017 vehicle that had a 6 month free SiriusXM subscription that expired recently. I advised a SiriusXM salesperson who called me that I did not want to purchase the service. They have continued to call me every day for weeks on my mobile and home at all hours of day or night. I have locked the number several times but they continue to call. The total number of call is 30+. Yesterday they called my cell and home numbers at 5:30 A.M. and then at 10:00 P.M. On both numbers. This has happened in 2013 as well after I purchased a new car. What can I do to get them to stop calling? This behavior is outrageous.

Today, Feb. 24, 2017, I experienced the most frustrating and infuriating customer service and dishonesty that has ever been foisted on me by any company in my 67 years of residing on the planet! 3 months ago we traded my wife's car, for which I had purchased a "lifetime" subscription to XM Radio. The new car had a 3 month free trial to XM. Today was the last day of the trial so I called the 800 #. After several minutes on hold, I got a representative and told him that I wanted to transfer the lifetime subscription from the old car to the new one. He put me on hold, and after several more minutes, he came back to me and said I had to talk with a "specialist" in this type of transaction. He put me on hold again, and after an even longer wait, I was in touch with a gentleman with a VERY thick Indian accent.

Very slowly, I explained again what I wanted to do. He put me on a LENGTHY hold, only to come back to me and say (I'm being ABSOLUTELY ACCURATE here!) that a LIFETIME SUBSCRIPTION COULD NOT BE TRANSFERRED! I semi-patiently tried to make him understand that cars don't last forever, LIFETIME SUBSCRIPTIONS SHOULD! He put me on hold again, and came back and said for a similar package it would cost $15.98/month! Although smoke was coming out of my ears by this time, I acquiesced when he knocked a grand total of $1 off the price. (My wife is a great gal, and she enjoys the chick channels!) We confirmed the credit card, and he said I would receive a confirming e-mail. He also told me that the signal would not have to be refreshed in my wife's car. He then tried to put me on hold AGAIN to get a confirmation of the cancellation of the service for the car we traded in 3 months ago.

At that point, after 49 minutes on the phone with these yahoos, I hung up. It is now 7 hours after the call. There has been no e-mail confirmation and my wife does not have satellite radio service. Maybe she would if we lived in India? The more I have thought about this today, the more infuriated I have become. As much as I hate to be abused again by this awful company, I am going to call them tomorrow and cancel all three of the radio id's we have with them. They are a despicable, dishonest operation.

I keep seeing two billing of $18.21 from my bank within a difference date of the same month. I know I have been using radio service on leased car since 2014. I was wondering what was the second charge was and called today and was told that was for internet radio charge and I was paying since 2015. The only thing I was using was the car radio, no knowledge of the internet radio service, so with frustrations I demanded a refund for the past two years and they offered me only $36.00. I am sure there are few consumers who are not aware of this SCAM and want to share for others to be aware. The other thing you cannot even remove your account online. When I called, the salesman is trying very hard to convince you to remain as a customer by giving of $36.00 and mobile radio. But they charge my debit card $437.00 for internet radio I never used since 2015.

I just received my annual renewal fee, they automatically enrolled me in the most expensive program, even though I had selected the cheapest one the year before. When I called to ask for a chargeback and also to ask them not to enroll me next year in the other plan, they told me I still need to pay for the 15 days I have had the other plan (even though I did not use it) and if I did not want automatic renewal then I would pay $2 for an invoice, give me a break! Talk about dishonest practices!

So for Christmas my partner wanted a serious radio for his commute to work. I went on the online chat and asked which he could use and not have to rip apart his dash. Was given the wrong information. Proceeded to return the useless radio. I tracked the parcel I was returning, and it has arrived over a month ago. Yet still no money back from Sirius, and I'm still being charged for the use of it. What an absolutely scam. Are you guys really not making enough money yet? Anyway I was going to buy a new radio for him to use. I will definitely be looking elsewhere as I hope to never deal with Sirius Radio again. P.S. Give me my money back.

This company is underhanded. Once they have your credit card number, they proceed to charge to your account as they please. I signed up for a 3-month service for $66 plus tax. They turned around and charged $206 to my credit card. I see there are many others on this site who have filed this kind of review. Why can't we do anything against this company? They are shafting us.

I had been a customer for 10 years. My bank account was automatically debited once a year. Yes there were increases in the cost, but like everything else I wasn't surprised at a gradual increase. But 2015 I paid $106.44 for service and today just 2 years later $229.48 for the same service. I may be wrong but I think that's a 46% increase. So much for fun radio and I called. I first said that perhaps I missed the email notice of the upcoming charge and then stated that I was ending my agreement because of the price. The representative said she would see that I got only paper billing going forward, then I got the usual offer that I could get the year at 48% off and that I had up to 40 days free to make up my mind after I got the invoice.

Caution: If you speak with a representative get an email confirmation and read it carefully. Yes I would get a paper bill but they charge $2.10 to send it. Also the service for the 48% off price was active from the time they sent the email and I would be charged for each day of service until they deactivate the system or I called and cancelled. This is a shell game without the shells. Stay away unless you have money to burn.

Much the same as others here. Never made suspending the service doable. When my credit card expired - which apparently was the only way I could stop paying them - I received notice of that, talked with a representative, told them to cancel the service, and after a while, he agreed to do so. Here six months later I get notices that I owe $120 or so and my card has expired. Got back on the phone, complained, told them I had cancelled, she told me that it was recorded that I wanted to suspend, not cancel. She said she would cancel and take off the charges since then, and to wait on the line for a cancellation number. Then the line went dead. So I don't know if she indeed cancelled my account, or removed my charges. Thank God my card expired. This is no way to run a company. Scam city, looks like.

I purchased a six month membership on 7/20/16 for 36.00. I received a new bank card shortly after and on 1/20/17 they tried to auto bill my account monthly which is not what I signed up. I received a call this morning from overseas asking for my credit card information. I told the rep that I would not be renewing and she wanted 19 dollars for 15 days of service or the account would not be canceled. Not only is the pricing outrageous but with all of fraud going on in this world someone cold calls and asks for my card info and Immediate payment. This company will never get another cent from me and I am beyond disgusted with their customer service and deceit.

I called SiriusXM two weeks ago to cancel my account. After a 20 minute phone call, in which the representative argued with me and went on and on to convince me not to cancel, they finally agreed to cancel my service. Today I received an email saying that I will be billed automatically when the service is set for renewal. SiriusXM completely ignored the previous phone call. This is a fraudulent company.

ONE...ONE.. 1.. 1.. EASY LISTENING CHANNEL 18 and they have to put Christmas music from Nov to January. Plenty of ** MUSIC on Sirius... This Company NEEDS to CLEAN HOUSE and Hire People that Listen to CUSTOMER (Ya Know the one's that PAY your Salaries).

I received a 3 month trial from SiriusXM and I didn't use it much and there are commercials. I called to cancel, received an email stating that it was canceled with a zero balance. Fast forward a month and I receive an email with an invoice. The invoice states that I owe $25.68. I proceed to chat with them online and I am told that service was never canceled.

They somehow managed to get the bill down to $7.01. I told them that I owe nothing and will not pay anything because I already canceled and have the email they sent me. After calling them because I was getting nowhere chatting, they again, canceled the service and said that I owe nothing. I told the operator that if they send me another invoice that I will contact the state AG office. They have questionable business practices and I cannot recommend this company.

We recently purchased a pre-owned car that came with a three month trial of the SiriusXM All-Access Pass Plus Nav/Weather packages. I wasn't too excited until we received the SiriusXM promotional mailer the next week, outlining everything included in the trial and what appeared a decent intro offer for the first year. Skeptical, I called to be sure that the intro offer included both packages in the free trial. Not only was the Nav/Weather not included, but also, the intro offer only included the base service rate, despite a notation at the bottom of the letter stating I could also chose the base rate option if I registered online.

I registered a formal complaint, as the letter and promo materials clearly inferred that the price quoted was for BOTH All-Access packages, including internet apps. So imagine a road trip this Spring, when the trial is over and my new promo period begins, and my daughter suddenly loses her apps, the weather/nav is unavailable and we've lost half the channel presets... I asked how much the advertised packages intro rate was in reality and was told an additional $75, plus an increase of $45 the next year!!! OK, so I decided not to buy in to the packages, but tried to use the free trial, only to learn the previous owner's parental controls are still active, so I cannot even log in AND not one of the all-access channels is available! Do I even bother spending another hour on the phone with these charlatans? Thankfully, I can try PANDORA!

I'll make it short and sweet. We have Multiple cars w/ XM. ALL Different account numbers even though all under same name. We received service at a dealer and offered a FREE trial that NEVER worked. We get dozens of calls & multiple letters from XM that look like past due bills with a bright Red IMPORTANT NOTICE on the front. Usually 4 letters every couple of months & when you call to complain they are VERY Rude, will NOT let you talk to a Supervisor OR give you the Customer Service phone number. Had to call back & STILL would NOT be given the Customer Service # until the 4th time I asked.

The operators just keep pushing to resubscribe you. They are shysters & will charge you whenever they want. SAVE $$ go & buy iHeart radio, Pandora, ANYONE BUT XM!! They say you can ONLY complain through email & that they might or might not get back to you. I'll spend my family's hard earned $ on a company that cares for its customers. #DumpXM

I purchase a vehicle from Cantin Chevrolet in Laconia. I was not told the add-ons for the car would amount to an additional 80 dollars a month. I cancelled Onstar and Sirius. No way am I paying a large monthly fee for either of them for the entire time I own my car. Are you nuts??! Sirius has been calling me nearly every day for many months since I cancelled their over inflated prices. No means NO. They are harassing me. I told them to stop multiple times, they won't. I think the Chevy dealership should have told me they are insane with a rep for harassment. The Chevrolet mfg is doing us NO FAVORS installing pricey aftermarket stuff. I cannot even play my CDs in this car.

Sirius XM is the worst company ever, they sure know how to extort people. We bought a LIFETIME service from them. When we needed to change to another radio (old one broke) Without telling us they dropped several channels. Now, want us to pay more for what we already paid for. Nothing was said when we changed. No warning. Why is it called a lifetime subscription if in reality, it is a lifetime subscription to THAT one radio? We all know radios break, we buy new cars etc. guess that is what they count on. Such scammers. Will not renew other radios.

I just tried to cancel my SiriusXM account, since I no longer have any devices. TL;DR: SiriusXM's retention policies make Comcast seem like a paragon of customer service. Log into my account... Apparently I've forgotten my password. No big deal, I'll just reset it. Go through the process, "internal server error". Clear my cache, try other browsers... Same result. Fine... Looks like they have Live Chat. Get on chat, they ask me to do all the things I've already done. They send me a link to a different process... Suddenly my email isn't recognized. I try the old process, and it turns out that the chat agent changed my account email. I confront them about it, and they just send me links to make a new account and try to upsell me radios and packages. I force them to send a reset link to MY email, and I'm able to access my account. I change my email back and go to cancel.

Surprise! You can't cancel your subscription online. Pretty scammy, but whatever... I'm already on Chat. I ask the agent to cancel my account. The agent again sends me links to make a new account and tries to upsell me. I stay firm and am eventually told you can't cancel through chat, and am given a phone number. At this point I'm already decided that I'll never do business with SiriusXM again. Not with such scammy retention practices.

I call the number, and tell the agent I want to cancel. She tries to retain me. I inform her I'm not going to do business with a company that forces me to jump through hoops to stop doing business with them. She offers me a free SiriusXM radio and tries to upsell me. I'm pretty out of patience by this point, but still trying to be polite as I tell her to cancel my account now. She puts me on hold, then comes back and informs me there will be a $100 early termination fee. I'm beyond done. I've had this account for six years (11 years counting the years before the merger). I inform her that I'm not paying it, and ask what the hell their contract term is if six years is "early termination".

She backs off and waives it so quickly that it's obvious it was just an attempt to squeeze more money out of me as I canceled. I tell her that's it's ridiculous and shady to try to bend long time customers over a table, and that they've successfully lost me forever. She tries to offer me a free month and a discounted radio. I tell her to cancel my account and refund the remainder of my subscription term immediately. Finally, she does so. All in all, it took over an hour of frustration and scammy behavior to cancel a damned satellite radio subscription. I've been told by friends that I will now receive annoying calls once a week until the heat death of the universe. I regret ever doing business with these people.

I have been a SiriusXM radio customer in the past. I NEVER authorized any auto-renewal of my service and always renewed my service if I wanted on the anniversary date, but have not renewed the last several years. Suddenly I am receiving several daily calls and email informing me that payment is due/late though I HAVE NOT chosen or authorized to renew service. The card number they have on file I have not even had for several years. I've never had these calls or emails in the past, why now?

I cancelled one account several months ago for a Sirius device I used in a company vehicle. I just cancelled my primary account after I received a bill for over $140 for SIX months. Too expensive for so little content that I use. Now I'm getting calls at all times of day/night. The most recent was one at 2:55 p.m. today...Sunday afternoon. No longer will I use their service. It took me over an hour to "cancel" my first account. This one I sent a certified mail/return receipt as I didn't want the hassle of their overly aggressive account personnel. Don't even get hooked up with their false promises.

I purchased a desk unit at my business to listen to music but 1 of the 2 stations that I favor most gets terrible reception. I placed the antenna in a giant window facing south but the reception is only good for one station. No matter where I place the antenna node, I only get one 'x' which denotes receptive quality. I automatically get billed once per month. If SiriusXM was my customer, I would automatically charge them full price and give them half the service they deserve.

After Sirius Radio taking the liberty to use my credit card on file and charge exorbitant amounts with hefty increases, I decided I would speak with them on the phone and have them send me a bill which I would pay with a check. Well it turns out they would bill me the amount negotiated on the phone (longer you talk the cheaper it gets). However, the 6 month subscription was only honored for 3 months. Because of this they turned off my access unless I pay them more money. It now appears when you call and speak with a person on the phone, negotiate a rate, it turns out they do not honor that rate and double charge you anyways. I did not pay the bill hence the service was turned off. These people are crooks and should be reprimanded. They tell you one thing and take the liberty to rip people off over and over again. This has to stop!

Sirius overcharged me for service. They claimed I had an auto renew, even though I called in and asked for it to be stopped, and paid for a new six month subscription. They charged me both for the new subscription and for the auto charge. Not cool! And there is no way to turn off the auto charge online. You have to call in, but there's no proof that it's turned off (and they took advantage of that).

I have been receiving calls non-stop from SiriusXM. Last night they called at 8:00 pm. They are trying to tell me my account is past due. I recently paid a $21 balance that I should not of even had on my account. I used a prepaid visa to pay for my account when I signed up because previously they would charge my debit card whenever they pleased and now that there are no funds on the prepaid they are not happy that they can't just automatically charge me like usual. They will not stop with the calls. They are way too pushy.

I've been a customer of SiriusXM for about 6 months. When my time was up I called to cancel because I couldn't find enough stations I liked to listen to. They offered me a deal for 6 months at $30 + tax (~$8.42 more). I agreed thinking it's worth that for the 3 stations I find worth listening to. They agreed to send me a statement as I wouldn't DARE give them my charge card information (too many nightmares about their charges automatically appearing).

I sent them a check and they said they never received it. The check is still outstanding and it's been 15 days. Seems like this may be a ploy to get customer's charge card info... they sit on the check and then pester the member with everyday emails saying, "action required or your service will be disconnected". I called and they said they'd wait another 10 days to see if the check clears and would stop sending reminder emails. Well... the emails continue each and every day. I also got a call from a guy overseas someplace asking for payment. Sheesh! I called today to cancel. Even if the check goes though and I'm out a few bucks, so be it. I'm really done with this business.

SiriusXM Satellite Radio Company Profile