SiriusXM Satellite Radio

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased a six month membership on 7/20/16 for 36.00. I received a new bank card shortly after and on 1/20/17 they tried to auto bill my account monthly which is not what I signed up. I received a call this morning from overseas asking for my credit card information. I told the rep that I would not be renewing and she wanted 19 dollars for 15 days of service or the account would not be canceled. Not only is the pricing outrageous but with all of fraud going on in this world someone cold calls and asks for my card info and Immediate payment. This company will never get another cent from me and I am beyond disgusted with their customer service and deceit.

I called SiriusXM two weeks ago to cancel my account. After a 20 minute phone call, in which the representative argued with me and went on and on to convince me not to cancel, they finally agreed to cancel my service. Today I received an email saying that I will be billed automatically when the service is set for renewal. SiriusXM completely ignored the previous phone call. This is a fraudulent company.

ONE...ONE.. 1.. 1.. EASY LISTENING CHANNEL 18 and they have to put Christmas music from Nov to January. Plenty of ** MUSIC on Sirius... This Company NEEDS to CLEAN HOUSE and Hire People that Listen to CUSTOMER (Ya Know the one's that PAY your Salaries).

I received a 3 month trial from SiriusXM and I didn't use it much and there are commercials. I called to cancel, received an email stating that it was canceled with a zero balance. Fast forward a month and I receive an email with an invoice. The invoice states that I owe $25.68. I proceed to chat with them online and I am told that service was never canceled.

They somehow managed to get the bill down to $7.01. I told them that I owe nothing and will not pay anything because I already canceled and have the email they sent me. After calling them because I was getting nowhere chatting, they again, canceled the service and said that I owe nothing. I told the operator that if they send me another invoice that I will contact the state AG office. They have questionable business practices and I cannot recommend this company.

We recently purchased a pre-owned car that came with a three month trial of the SiriusXM All-Access Pass Plus Nav/Weather packages. I wasn't too excited until we received the SiriusXM promotional mailer the next week, outlining everything included in the trial and what appeared a decent intro offer for the first year. Skeptical, I called to be sure that the intro offer included both packages in the free trial. Not only was the Nav/Weather not included, but also, the intro offer only included the base service rate, despite a notation at the bottom of the letter stating I could also chose the base rate option if I registered online.

I registered a formal complaint, as the letter and promo materials clearly inferred that the price quoted was for BOTH All-Access packages, including internet apps. So imagine a road trip this Spring, when the trial is over and my new promo period begins, and my daughter suddenly loses her apps, the weather/nav is unavailable and we've lost half the channel presets... I asked how much the advertised packages intro rate was in reality and was told an additional $75, plus an increase of $45 the next year!!! OK, so I decided not to buy in to the packages, but tried to use the free trial, only to learn the previous owner's parental controls are still active, so I cannot even log in AND not one of the all-access channels is available! Do I even bother spending another hour on the phone with these charlatans? Thankfully, I can try PANDORA!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sirius XM?

I'll make it short and sweet. We have Multiple cars w/ XM. ALL Different account numbers even though all under same name. We received service at a dealer and offered a FREE trial that NEVER worked. We get dozens of calls & multiple letters from XM that look like past due bills with a bright Red IMPORTANT NOTICE on the front. Usually 4 letters every couple of months & when you call to complain they are VERY Rude, will NOT let you talk to a Supervisor OR give you the Customer Service phone number. Had to call back & STILL would NOT be given the Customer Service # until the 4th time I asked.

The operators just keep pushing to resubscribe you. They are shysters & will charge you whenever they want. SAVE $$ go & buy iHeart radio, Pandora, ANYONE BUT XM!! They say you can ONLY complain through email & that they might or might not get back to you. I'll spend my family's hard earned $ on a company that cares for its customers. #DumpXM

I purchase a vehicle from Cantin Chevrolet in Laconia. I was not told the add-ons for the car would amount to an additional 80 dollars a month. I cancelled Onstar and Sirius. No way am I paying a large monthly fee for either of them for the entire time I own my car. Are you nuts??! Sirius has been calling me nearly every day for many months since I cancelled their over inflated prices. No means NO. They are harassing me. I told them to stop multiple times, they won't. I think the Chevy dealership should have told me they are insane with a rep for harassment. The Chevrolet mfg is doing us NO FAVORS installing pricey aftermarket stuff. I cannot even play my CDs in this car.

Sirius XM is the worst company ever, they sure know how to extort people. We bought a LIFETIME service from them. When we needed to change to another radio (old one broke) Without telling us they dropped several channels. Now, want us to pay more for what we already paid for. Nothing was said when we changed. No warning. Why is it called a lifetime subscription if in reality, it is a lifetime subscription to THAT one radio? We all know radios break, we buy new cars etc. guess that is what they count on. Such scammers. Will not renew other radios.

I just tried to cancel my SiriusXM account, since I no longer have any devices. TL;DR: SiriusXM's retention policies make Comcast seem like a paragon of customer service. Log into my account... Apparently I've forgotten my password. No big deal, I'll just reset it. Go through the process, "internal server error". Clear my cache, try other browsers... Same result. Fine... Looks like they have Live Chat. Get on chat, they ask me to do all the things I've already done. They send me a link to a different process... Suddenly my email isn't recognized. I try the old process, and it turns out that the chat agent changed my account email. I confront them about it, and they just send me links to make a new account and try to upsell me radios and packages. I force them to send a reset link to MY email, and I'm able to access my account. I change my email back and go to cancel.

Surprise! You can't cancel your subscription online. Pretty scammy, but whatever... I'm already on Chat. I ask the agent to cancel my account. The agent again sends me links to make a new account and tries to upsell me. I stay firm and am eventually told you can't cancel through chat, and am given a phone number. At this point I'm already decided that I'll never do business with SiriusXM again. Not with such scammy retention practices.

I call the number, and tell the agent I want to cancel. She tries to retain me. I inform her I'm not going to do business with a company that forces me to jump through hoops to stop doing business with them. She offers me a free SiriusXM radio and tries to upsell me. I'm pretty out of patience by this point, but still trying to be polite as I tell her to cancel my account now. She puts me on hold, then comes back and informs me there will be a $100 early termination fee. I'm beyond done. I've had this account for six years (11 years counting the years before the merger). I inform her that I'm not paying it, and ask what the hell their contract term is if six years is "early termination".

She backs off and waives it so quickly that it's obvious it was just an attempt to squeeze more money out of me as I canceled. I tell her that's it's ridiculous and shady to try to bend long time customers over a table, and that they've successfully lost me forever. She tries to offer me a free month and a discounted radio. I tell her to cancel my account and refund the remainder of my subscription term immediately. Finally, she does so. All in all, it took over an hour of frustration and scammy behavior to cancel a damned satellite radio subscription. I've been told by friends that I will now receive annoying calls once a week until the heat death of the universe. I regret ever doing business with these people.

I have been a SiriusXM radio customer in the past. I NEVER authorized any auto-renewal of my service and always renewed my service if I wanted on the anniversary date, but have not renewed the last several years. Suddenly I am receiving several daily calls and email informing me that payment is due/late though I HAVE NOT chosen or authorized to renew service. The card number they have on file I have not even had for several years. I've never had these calls or emails in the past, why now?

I cancelled one account several months ago for a Sirius device I used in a company vehicle. I just cancelled my primary account after I received a bill for over $140 for SIX months. Too expensive for so little content that I use. Now I'm getting calls at all times of day/night. The most recent was one at 2:55 p.m. today...Sunday afternoon. No longer will I use their service. It took me over an hour to "cancel" my first account. This one I sent a certified mail/return receipt as I didn't want the hassle of their overly aggressive account personnel. Don't even get hooked up with their false promises.

I purchased a desk unit at my business to listen to music but 1 of the 2 stations that I favor most gets terrible reception. I placed the antenna in a giant window facing south but the reception is only good for one station. No matter where I place the antenna node, I only get one 'x' which denotes receptive quality. I automatically get billed once per month. If SiriusXM was my customer, I would automatically charge them full price and give them half the service they deserve.

After Sirius Radio taking the liberty to use my credit card on file and charge exorbitant amounts with hefty increases, I decided I would speak with them on the phone and have them send me a bill which I would pay with a check. Well it turns out they would bill me the amount negotiated on the phone (longer you talk the cheaper it gets). However, the 6 month subscription was only honored for 3 months. Because of this they turned off my access unless I pay them more money. It now appears when you call and speak with a person on the phone, negotiate a rate, it turns out they do not honor that rate and double charge you anyways. I did not pay the bill hence the service was turned off. These people are crooks and should be reprimanded. They tell you one thing and take the liberty to rip people off over and over again. This has to stop!

Sirius overcharged me for service. They claimed I had an auto renew, even though I called in and asked for it to be stopped, and paid for a new six month subscription. They charged me both for the new subscription and for the auto charge. Not cool! And there is no way to turn off the auto charge online. You have to call in, but there's no proof that it's turned off (and they took advantage of that).

I have been receiving calls non-stop from SiriusXM. Last night they called at 8:00 pm. They are trying to tell me my account is past due. I recently paid a $21 balance that I should not of even had on my account. I used a prepaid visa to pay for my account when I signed up because previously they would charge my debit card whenever they pleased and now that there are no funds on the prepaid they are not happy that they can't just automatically charge me like usual. They will not stop with the calls. They are way too pushy.

I've been a customer of SiriusXM for about 6 months. When my time was up I called to cancel because I couldn't find enough stations I liked to listen to. They offered me a deal for 6 months at $30 + tax (~$8.42 more). I agreed thinking it's worth that for the 3 stations I find worth listening to. They agreed to send me a statement as I wouldn't DARE give them my charge card information (too many nightmares about their charges automatically appearing).

I sent them a check and they said they never received it. The check is still outstanding and it's been 15 days. Seems like this may be a ploy to get customer's charge card info... they sit on the check and then pester the member with everyday emails saying, "action required or your service will be disconnected". I called and they said they'd wait another 10 days to see if the check clears and would stop sending reminder emails. Well... the emails continue each and every day. I also got a call from a guy overseas someplace asking for payment. Sheesh! I called today to cancel. Even if the check goes though and I'm out a few bucks, so be it. I'm really done with this business.

I only use the app for the HS show. The app freezes often, skips to different areas of the broadcast and you cannot properly scroll within the broadcast as it is set up to do. I have complained to SiriusXM many times and for months they have given me the same exact answers... "We are aware that it is broken and we are working to resolve it". Today, I had a new issue to stack onto the many others that I have had over the last few months and the idiotic online tech told me to uninstall and reinstall the app.

This useless information has been given to me many times before and it reminds me of calling computer tech support in the 90s ("reboot your machine"). Of course I have already done this stupid, useless and deterring function before I wasted my time reaching out to support for help. I've spent hours dealing with these issues and today they offered me a $10 credit. "Make it absolutely free or pull the broken product from being offered for use until you know very well that it works" was my response.

VERY EXPENSIVE RADIO, not great quality PLUS YOU STILL HAVE TO LISTEN TO COMMERCIALS. You have to fight and argue to cancel. They keep changing their prices, one crappy offer after another. Really, $120 a year to hear direct response commercials in the middle of the broadcast? Connect a bluetooth device in your car and WALLA! Connect your phone and play your own music; connect to Pandora (a much better value and less money) or AHA radio... So many choices that have better value. Fight them and Cancel now; watch these Wallstreet sharks die...

As I write this I have been on the phone with 3 different Sirius reps for 50 minutes. All I wanted to is cancel automatic renewal of my account. Paid what they said I owed them. Called today about 6 months for $30 offer I got. They said I can't get that and what I had paid to settle account was really a renewal for another month. Gave me a 5 month deal but did not add the month I just paid for. I am now speaking with the 4th person who has admitted I am due another month. They say they are removing my credit card today. We'll see. Most frustrating thing I have ever done.

I just don't get why they won't become part of the modern era and let people subscribe and cancel their service of their own volition. I would use anyone for a comparable service if I could and when one comes along I will leave Sirius immediately. Making your customers fight over terms, conditions, prices, etc. (like no automatic renewal) every 6 months is just a poor way to do business. I use them now but I hate them and was just told that if I want to renew the next time for 6 months with no automatic renewal I will be subject to an "activation" charge. Hell will freeze over prior to my paying that one!

I recently purchased a Ford vehicle with a free subscription to Sirius Radio. The service is poor, and I live in Philadelphia, the music cuts out nearly every song at least once. I decided to let the service lapse as it is not worth $125 a year to me. In the past three weeks I have received no less than 30 calls with no voicemail from what I now know is Sirius. After telling an operator the situation I was told to answer the phone to avoid callbacks. After finally speaking with a supervisor a few calls later the calls have stopped, I hope. Shame on this company and their outdated badgering of would-be customers. I would recommend staying away from this company, there are more agile and cost effective ways to stream music that don't entail such harassment.

I am very unhappy with the Sirius 2-year subscription renewal rates. When I started out with this company in 2006, the cost for a 2-year radio boom box subscription was something like $187 for 2 years. And it went to $253. And 2 years ago it was $354.14. Today it is $437.10 for 2 years. $18.10 per month. This is outrageous. Without us long-time, loyal customers, this outfit would be nothing. They are gouging us!

I purchased a premier lifetime subscription to Sirius radio some years ago, which at the time included internet radio. The plans changed and Internet was discontinued and required customers to purchase it separately. I recently received an email that stated premier customers can upgrade to all access for free which includes internet radio, only to find out that if you purchased a lifetime subscription, you are excluded from this offer. They no longer offer the premier package but if you are a current monthly or annual subscriber to premier, you now are considered an all access subscription which includes internet radio. I was told that in order for me to get all access I would have to purchase a new radio or reactivate one or more of my previously deactivated Sirius radio with the all access subscription.

After multiple attempts to activate a previous home receiver, I was told it was active under a limited subscription and in order to have the all access I would have to pay $20.00 + tax and other costs. How can they change your original contract that included internet radio then send a email saying you will get it back, only to be told no because you paid all upfront so it doesn't apply to you.

We had a Sirius account that I called to cancel after I saw they put $150.00 on my credit card. The CS person would not listen and tried to sell me on a different plan - over and over, and I kept telling her to cancel, cancel, the answer is NO I'm not interested - on and on for 20 minutes. Finally, I got tired and hung up on her because she was determined not to listen. I called four more times throughout the week and finally got someone in an office in Wisconsin who stated they are never supposed to treat customers that way. It took three calls to get the amount off my credit card. Then, I thought I would give them one more chance, and called on Christmas Eve to have my husband's account renewed as a Christmas gift. I was told they would have his account set up within 30 minutes. NOT! So, I am totally done with Sirius!!! I do not trust them and they have not been truthful in their dealings with me.

I don't know what all the complaints are about! SiriusXM is awesome! In my car, on my iPhone or iPad, almost anywhere, anytime! I don't use it for the music, the access to a wide verity of news and information is outstanding. Lots on demand or if I pause I can't go back to where I left off or if I start listening late I can start from the beginning (iPad-iPhone). Since I signed up I have not talked to them so no customer service issues, If I cancel I will just cancel my card, no billing issues!

After a call to cancel service, I received a call two weeks later about our bill. I informed them that we had canceled service. I was told that our account was still active. I said I wanted to cancel. The person on the phone said they would make a notation on the account. I asked if that would cancel my service. It would not. I asked to be connected to someone that could. When I was connected, I had to repeatedly say no to special pricing and repeatedly say I want to cancel service. This was a process that took about eight mins. The salesperson would offer a lower price and ask if that price sounded good? Due to the manner of the sales tactics I was incurring, I decided to also cancel my business account with them.

I've been an XM then Sirius/XM customer since 2006 - loved the idea of no commercial radio. In my last vehicle - my Jeep I had it built in the vehicle radio and went with it, but canceled before selling it and getting a different truck. I was still being billed after I had sold my Jeep - got a bill and was kinda ticked off. I called to make sure I wasn't going to have to deal with them and the girl says - they don't want to lose me as a customer and offered to send me a receiver to put in my truck plus 3 months service to make up for what I owed on the service in my Jeep that I was still being billed for.

I thought that sounds good - well I spoke with them at the beginning of December 2016. Now it is the 28th of December and I am getting no signal - and as I checked my e-mail, they have billed me for last month and this month for the service in my Jeep - which is no longer owned by me and one month for new service in my truck - which doesn't even work. I think I am finally through with this company - they are the worst company out there right now.

The signal on my built in radio in my vehicle kept fading until it quit altogether. I phoned Series at least 5 times and each time they told me I had a problem with my radio after they repeatedly failed to activate the radio during those times. Primarily foreigners with very poor English skills. I had the radio checked at the dealership and nothing is wrong with it. The 6th time I phoned to cancel I was then charged 1/2 of my renewal fee under their cancellation policies even though long before the renewal date the series radio had no signal.

This illustrates the danger of a monopoly - This lack of competition creates the environment of "We are the only game in town so we can treat our customers poorly and still remain in business." I should have received a total refund on my renewal cost and also a credit for no service during the old contract. Their technical department is located in Cairo Egypt - like the Afghani rug dealers in Toronto; they are probably involved in other endeavors besides screwing you out of radio service and money with Series.

Just placed my annual 40-minute December call to Sirius for ** up my bill. Same ** every year. They do some very sketchy charges, and the only way to solve it - calling them and demanding an adjustment. Plus, the operators are clueless. I have to explain the charges to them, and tell them what to fix and what plan I want. As soon as Stern leaves, I'm getting out of this nightmare company.

Absolute nightmare trying to cancel a SiriusXM subscription on a TOTALED car. First, you can do everything online - e.g. change billing, change radios, upgrade service, etc., but you CANNOT cancel service at all online. Next, if you get their automated phone service and choose the option to cancel service, it will tell you it's having problems and disconnect you - every time. Then, if you finally get a representative, they will try for eons to get you to FIX your totaled car, to suspend your service for 5 months, use the radio on the internet, or something else as long as it isn't cancelled.

At one point I realized the only way to get it to stop might have to be telling my bank to just stop payments to them. Even after telling the representative this, she still tried to convince me to do 2038405638 things other than cancel. After centuries of talking to her, she closed the account. Most bizarre customer service I've experienced and after reading their reviews on Consumer Affairs, I'm genuinely confused as to how they think this will compel customers to keep or go back to their service... It's a bummer because I love their radio but am not going to pay for it while my car is broken in a dump site somewhere and now I can't imagine reactivating my service ever.

SiriusXM Satellite Radio Company Profile