1.11/5

2519 SiriusXM Satellite Radio Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Received a call to renew my service, I was offered a special deal of $99.00 plus tax and some other fee total $123.00. Paid the bill, received a letter stating that I had not paid the bill, after verifying that payment had cleared I received an automated call stating I was in arrears, stayed on the line to talk to a representative who said, "You are not in arrears so don’t call us?" Could it figure it out as they called me, so I explained that I would not want the service after all and to refund my money. They refused to do a refund and said if they did they would keep 40.00 cancelation fee. I asked to be transferred to someone in authority and they again simply refused. I am now asking my bank to reverse the payment. Never again will I use their service and be treated this way.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

SiriusXM stopped working in my van. At first they kept telling me because of all the trees. I was sitting in a wide open parking lot. Refresh signals would not work. Also, realized at that time they had still been charging my card for my husband’s old car and my husband’s card for his new car. A LOT of money wasted. Said they would cancel the old car (even though my husband did that when he received his new car!) And would send the account to a different department to have those charges reviewed and call me back in 5-7 days. INSTEAD they cancel my husband’s new car and he has to spend about an hour on the phone getting this resolved. Of course, never heard back from them in credits for the old car. This was in July.

Fast forward to September. My van that the SiriusXM has not worked in all this time, is STILL being charged even though I called AGAIN in August to stop charging me. Today 9/24 calling again and saying they will cancel my service (we will say) and credit my card for 2 months AND absolutely no record now of my conversation in July about the credits for my husband’s old car. The worst customer service I have ever experienced of my 50 years on this earth. So mad that I have ever given them a penny of my money. On top of all that, they actually type in such things as ‘situations resolved’ on your account when you have been disconnected and/or the situation is NOT resolved. I miss listening to Howard Stern, but not worth the hassle!!! Buyer Beware!

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

The Customer Service for SiriusXM Radio is Terrible. The Support Staff on their chat page and phone lines are incompetent. I called with a few questions and they started a Free trial ending in 90 days. I have been listening to SiriusXM for free for over 16 months without interruption. This was set up through the dealership I purchased the car from. So I call this morning, and wasted the better part of 3 hours waiting on clarification of the account. Then they start a Free Trial offer ending in 90 days, wait a moment, I was listening for free for over a year, this is called Up-sales of their product without permission. I asked the supervisor, so what you are saying is; "I've been pirating SiriusXM without paying for the service for over a year?" He said the "It assumes so." So let's see what the next 90 days bring, I keep you informed. Note; If you are listening for free, keep doing so, if you contact them for information on your Radio ID, be prepared to be up-sold.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

My new (used) Chevy Colorado came with an XM radio built in. I never noticed until they sent the letter (my name was spelled wrong). The letter stated that I had a "free trial", and it was already "activated". Well, I tried it. The channel would not change. It just remained stuck on some "preview" channel with an ad loop playing. I called them, and they said they had to send some kind of "activation". After that it worked, but it kept switching back to channel 1, about every third time I started my truck.

I called them, the explanation did not make much sense to me. They said that if I listen to "objectionable content" the radio will revert to channel 1, when the vehicle is parked overnight. I am not sure what they consider "objectionable content". Whose ears are they protecting? I am 48 and we have no children. I just blew it off, and did not bother to listen anymore. After the free period, they kept sending me letters. Three years later, and they are still mailing me. I am on the "do not mail" list, but they just ignore the list. How the hell did they get my name anyway?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I had been a member with Sirius for 3 years. I recently decided it was unnecessary for me to continue paying for a service that I barely used. Financially, it didn't fit into my budget to pay for anymore. I attempted calling the customer contact phone line to cancel my membership about a month prior to my renewal. I went through the identification process just fine. I stated I was calling to cancel my membership. They asked me what my reason for cancelling was, I stated what I have wrote above. For the next 20 minutes the representative offered me different specials that they had because they valued my loyalty. I kept telling him, "No. I just want to cancel." After bickering, yes bickering, with him for the 20 minutes, he hung up on me. HUNG UP THE PHONE ON A CUSTOMER TRYING TO CANCEL THEIR MEMBERSHIP. I sent an incident report via their contact webpage.

Fast forward one month and I have an outstanding balance because I changed my credit card. I called and went through a similar situation with a representative as the one stated above, kept offering me different specials and such. She then said "Why don't you take a free 1 month subscription to think it over and review your decision. Call us back in October if you still want to cancel". I told her, "I have explained that I want to cancel, I will not change my mind. Please cancel my membership." I was then hung up on AGAIN.

My 3rd time calling, same day as the just mentioned situation regarding the outstanding balance, I was finally transferred to the cancellation department. Carlos helped me. Apparently my reasoning for wanting to cancel was not a valid enough reason... I asked how is that not valid reasoning? It is a service that I am freely choosing to not use or pay for anymore. More bickering regarding the matter, finally he said, "Okay, I can go ahead and cancel this subscription, but you will be charged for the 2 days of use." I told him I would not be because I have tried to cancel this well before my renewal was up but I was disconnected when I was trying to cancel. After some discussion on the POOR customer service I received, he said that my subscription would be cancelled with no fees assessed.

Overall, Sirius XM was not a terrible service to have in my vehicle. The customer service department definitely needs a training session on listening to customers and their concerns and following through on what they are being asked of. Not just hanging up when it's a situation they don't want to deal with. It is ridiculous it took me THREE times to cancel my membership and through the last call I was still being told I should rethink and reconsider my decision. Poor customer service overall, I will never recommend this company after this experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sirius XM?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I got a call this morning about extending my service and when I declined the person on the phone demanded an excuse as to why I didn’t want to service “Do you not have the money for it?” I kept saying I am not interested but he kept demanding an excuse. After I repeated multiple times I didn’t want it he just hung up on me. I had to call back to have my number removed from their call back list. So unprofessional with both calls!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I recently purchased a new vehicle. I had Sirius service on the car I traded in. I received an e-mail stating I had a $67.00 credit and to call with my new car SID to transfer the credit to my new car. As soon I got on the line the customer service representative had difficulty speaking the language and must have been reading from a script. She then proceeds to ask me for permission to charge my credit card for $150.00. I freaked out as I called to get my credit on my new car. I said no to everything. Then I see the charge come up on my iPad to my credit card. She billed me before I even agreed! Outrageous!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I called this morning to ask why a renewal charge of $299.99 was done without authorization. No reason was given to me why the money was taken out. In speaking to someone at Sirius I was told we'll cancel the subscription and refund the money in 3-5 business days. This is not right as it's a fraudulent charge without my authorization. I called my bank and was told if the money was not refunded within that time frame that my money would be refunded and they would go after Sirius. I suffer the consequences as I'm out $300 that don't have. Sirius is a scam company and will never use them again!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Trying to renew a subscription is worse than cancelling AOL. They run this company like scam artists. They’ll charge you 10 times what you have to pay, then act like they’re giving you a bargain, and that it was all their idea to save you money. Plus you can’t understand any of their Indian employees!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

The Customer Service for SiriusXM Radio is Terrible. Sales Staff are Obnoxious. Continued to call my work again and again after I refused service. I asked my work number to be removed and never was, spoke to multiple different people.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I called and canceled my service because I sold the car, I kept the cancelation number. 6 months later they charge me renewal fee. I called and said, "I have the cancelation number from previous cancel," and they said it was a system error that charged me. I check my account and they had been charging me for 6 months. They only refunded one month. I have the cancel confirmation number from 6 months ago. How many people did they do this to? This company billing department is a SCAM!!! How is there no class action suit against this company!! Update: After I got my one month refund they just reopened my account and charged me again!!! Seriously. I have to call again. Someone needs to do their job at the consumer protection agency and shut these guys down.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I had a 2007 Mercedes with SiriusXM built in and took the trial version then I brought a different Mercedes also with Sirius and switched the service via phone to the new car. The lady on the phone told me no problem and also said that I have $40.00 good on the old account and my trial goes to April 2019 for the new car. Now after a month of service they charged already my credit card and they should not do that because they could take it out of the $40.00 good I still have and they should not charge my account at all because I'm still in trial till April 2019. I trusted these guys but I was wrong. They going after the money and that's it, they not interested to have happy customers. Rip off company.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I have PURCHASED three Lifetime memberships with Sirius over the past, the first I gave away with the car when I sold it. The second was ILLEGALLY transferred by Sirius to my now ex spouse and I am having to work on getting that resolved. My third unit was purchased with the car in 2009 and I am now being told if it was a factory installed radio it is not Lifetime and cannot be transferred to a new car. How can a company change their terms AFTER the fact and get away with it? I have given Sirius $1,500.00 for three memberships and two were basically stolen BY SIRIUS! The galling part is they are offering me a thirty percent discount on future subscriptions. Why in my craziest state of dementia would I want to do business with a company that is guilty of out and outright thievery? You have lost a customer Sirius, don't count on me as a customer OR someone that would refer anyone to you!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Today in the mail I got a great deal offered to me. I was a subscriber before but found I didn't listen to it much so I didn't renew. This is a flash sale and they strongly advertise it at $60 per Year, that's only $5 per month. So they say. When you log on and apply the sale price they tack on several fees totaling over $20. While I'll admit that $80 for a whole year is probably a great deal, that's not what was advertised. I logged off without subscribing on principle.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Called to cancel subscription on a vehicle that I sold, and not replacing, took me 20 minutes to finally get my subscription canceled. Several times she put me on hold only to come back and try to offer me other services when I just wanted to cancel one car. She then offered me a 3 month free trial because I deserved it, that was a joke, only to later ask for my permission to charge my account $27.00 and automatic renewal after the 3 months! NO, I just wanted to cancel and not incur any more debt. No more radios, no other services, no 3 month free trial...just cancel. Geez! This experience made me want to cancel all my vehicles all together.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I called SiriusXM last month to cancel my subscription after my promotional time was up and they charged my credit card without my permission. This month I got charged again and it took 45 min. to cancel it again! Scam artists!!!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Nissan Connect Services aka XMRadio and customer services are useless. This is my 2nd Nissan (unfortunately) and Nissan Connect again is giving exactly the same issues. Intermittent operation, app disconnect often, no SOS or customer care connection (busy signal), and Nissan keeps referring to the dealer for repair. The dealer has no idea what to do and just replaces the TCU which causes another set of problems, because Nissan Conn aka XMRadio, cannot figure out what configuration is in the car after the original TCU is replaced. Thus the system keeps disconnecting. This is my 2nd brand new Nissan and it's doing the same as my old one, if not actually worse. Sadly, I don't think it's actually hardware, but programming issues with XM.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Been trying to get the signal to my radio. 20 "refreshes", and it still doesn't work. I filled out a live chat complaint and saved it. I wrote an email. Called numerous times. All unsuccessful resolutions. Cust service doesn't get it. Clueless. Unhelpful. I finally demanded I wanted to talk to a corporate office rep. Lol They wouldn't let me. Kept me on the phone forever. Then transferred me to avionics--right after I told them this is not a plane or boat, but in my truck. Oh yeah, an email from Jeremy said he attempted to contact me by phone. That never happened. Another lie. And I can prove it from my phone history.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Push you into other "subscriptions" sales tactics... I finally had to tell them that I was dying of cancer to cancel... Super sad that I will never come back and will make sure my friends know as well.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Like many of the other customers, I found it impossible to cancel my subscription. I was passed from one representative to another--each equally unhelpful. Each had a new sales pitch and after 25 minutes on the phone, I still did not have a confirmation of my cancellation. It's taken a few months and more lost money. I advise any potential new customers to run the other way. Sure, there's a few good channels--though after a while, the repertoire is like a mediocre buffet with the same daily menu. And nothing is worth the dismal customer (dis) service.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

When my initial subscription that came with my new car came to an end, I took advantage of a 6 month promotion that was sent to me via snail mail. However, I was never notified that my promotion was going to come to an end and that I would then be charged the monthly rate. The only way I knew I was being charged was by looking at my bank statement. I just spent an hour and a half on the phone talking to 3 different people. Here is what I was told:

-I never confirmed my email address (wrong - it actually says whether you confirmed or not on your account page). -I would have only received an email stating my promo was ending if I signed up for an annual plan and not a 6-month plan. -The supervisor would be fired if I got a refund. -"It is definitely our fault." -"To make up for it, I can give you a good deal going forward." -If I signed up for the service via a phone call rather than through the Internet, I would have received a bill reminder. -"We got a lot of phone calls from customers saying they got too many emails, so we stopped sending them." -"How would you like me to proceed?" After telling him that I wanted a refund, he said no. So why ask?

Also, upon further examination of the account page, there is a section to choose whether or not to receive a billing reminder. This was toggled to Opt-Out. I NEVER would have chosen this, and frankly, I don't know who would opt out of this. This was done without my consent. I also opted-in for snail mail notifications, which I never received. I never write reviews, but I am so appalled by this terrible customer service that I wanted to warn people who might want to sign up for Sirius. If this helps even one person, I will feel as though I've done my duty. Good luck! (Stick with Spotify???)

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

This company seems to try to make cancelling service as hard as possible. I've tried to cancel twice, unsuccessfully: You can't cancel online, only by phone. When you say you want to cancel, they ask lots of questions, then transfer you. Super long wait during the transfer, then lots of additional questions. When demanding to cancel service, they keep asking the same questions trying to retain and sell some temporary promotions. When it becomes clear I'm not interested in promotions, the call suddenly "disconnects". I've wasted about half an hour now trying to cancel unsuccessfully

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

On March 12, 2018, I purchased a new Mazda CX-5 which came with a 4-month trial to SiriusXM. I traded this Mazda CX-5 for a 2018 Mazda3 on July 09, 2018. By my calculation, the trial period for the CX-5 would end on July 09, 2018. I notified customer service with SiriusXM concerning the trade of the CX-5 and for the account that was under a trial period with an automatic renewal date to be removed from my name. Apparently, this was too difficult for them to accomplish as I am still receiving calls from SiriusXM stating that my account is delinquent and the information would be referred for collections and would reflect on my credit status.

On this day (Wednesday morning of the 5th of September), I have been on the phone with the customer care center for over two hours attending to this simple issue. I detest the fact that I must keep repeating the same information over and over again to different people. All who can not take care of a small matter. I requested a callback from a manager who could correct this issue and was told that they can not call out after I received 2 (two) calls from SiriusXM this morning.

I strongly suggest that SiriusXM trial offers or subscriptions to SiriusXM be avoided. I do not feel that this so called business be allowed to continue offering any trial offers with vehicle purchases due to the fact they are placing false information about a person's payment practices with collection agencies which reflect poorly on a personal credit score.

As of 1115 am, I have not received a call from a manager or supervisor with SiriusXM. I do plan on seeking legal advice from my attorney should any false information be forwarded to a collection agency or any derogatory information show up on my credit report. We as paying consumers need to boycott any and all dealings with a company like SiriusXM.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I did not like Sirius being able to go into my account and just take money out that I did not authorize to take money out. I am really not radio listener but I decided to take the promotion and nothing else. I just think it so unfair for a company to be able to just go into your account while not letting you know that they are going to take money from you. I am on a fix income and every penny matter to me. How unfair.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I have had this car for several years and never had this issue. But today I Found out the fun way that SiriusXM "Game score alert" notifications sound extremely similar to the start of my rear collision alarm. Despite the cancelled account I also found all services subscribed because of a "Free period". After calling to have it cancelled or disabled and being told "We can't". I dug through all of the settings for about ten minutes to finally find it and disable notifications. Kinda wish I could disable the system after having to go through their customer service.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I purchased a vehicle and got three free months. Did not activate immediately, got a letter saying the subscription was running out, I called to activate and inform them I wanted my free three months. They tried to charge me so I told them to cancel. I recorded the call as I do not trust them. This is fraud and withering number of complaints here the FCC should get involved or a class action lawsuit.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

The worst company ever to deal with. Started a year ago for me, free trial I was promised with my new vehicle purchase. I called from the dealer to transfer my service from my Nissan, to my Brand New Dodge. Sirius tried to tell me the vehicle was used, and I immediately place the dealer on the phone with them. They talked for a few minutes, then I was offered a promotion to extend the free year plus the 3 months remaining on my Nissan to 2 full years. Well guess what, 1 year later they turn my service off, and claim to know nothing about this, other than I paid a promo rate for 1 year. WHAT A SCAM!! Personally I would not have paid anything more 1 year ago had I not been receiving the 1 year free. They are exuberantly overpriced for spotty crappy service. Do yourself a favor and stream from your phone Pandora, or the like versus giving Sirius 10 cents.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I spent over an hour and a half trying to get my VISA/gift card to go through for a one time payment. The bank kept declining saying it was coded as a recurring payment. Sirius said they put through a one time payment. The agent finally agreed to put me through to a supervisor who said - we don't accept gift cards as payment. Wow. The agent did not know this, and would not send me to a supervisor? Wow. Can I bill you for the hour and a half of my time you just wasted?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

They do not make it easy to cancel and will auto renew at a much higher price than original. You will be charged if you do not remember to call before and cancel. You cannot cancel online. You must call and be subjected to high pressure sales.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Although the product may be good, their customer service is terrible! I called to cancel a subscription because I am no longer driving, but we still have the car, and they had both me and my husband on the phone for over 30 minutes trying to convince to not cancel. It was unprofessional and disrespectful. Conveniently for them, you cannot cancel online—you must call them directly. This is not the first time we have issues with them. I think it is time for another, better company to either enter the market or buy them out.

SiriusXM Satellite Radio Company Information