1.09/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

2556 SiriusXM Satellite Radio Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I have had SiriusXM in the past. They have stolen time that I paid for from me. They advertise on the radio Internet and TV free trial offers and I never received them. I called them About this issue, they informed me that not all radios qualify. Yet they are advertisements say all radios are activated for this trial offer. Apparently that is a lie! As I was told by the associate not all radios qualify. However my radio is a Sirius satellite radio factory installed. I was supposed to get a six-month subscription when I purchased the vehicle. I never received the subscription and was told my radio was supported either. The customer service is always overseas, so there is a language barrier in when confronted about their inadequacies of their offers. I am confronted with silence. Which tells me they know about it and don’t care! I will be looking at legal action as well as contacting my congressman. I feel that this is immoral and illegal.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

My husband got the 6 months promo for 35.99 and then 2 months later they cancel the subscription without my authorization and flag my account fraud. When calling them regarding this all they did was give me the runaround and took my number saying they will call me back and regarding this and they never do and never have an explanation why... It's crazy. After a month of chasing them around they still haven't gave me an explanation why they did that. As of now I'm still waiting for them to refund me my money back. As a customer the is the worst experience I have ever had with any company and don't recommended unless you have extra money and time to spare. Worst company ever...

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

The salesman offered me a free home radio. All I had to do was pay $30 for service for the first month. They charged my account for the service before I ever got this so-called radio. And when I got it it wasn't a radio. It was just an attachment that goes on your home stereo. Worthless. I don't have a home stereo to attach it to. And if I cancel, they're going to charge me $50! I can't even return the stupid thing.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Recently bought a Lexus ES Hybrid that came with XM Radio. Wife and I didn't care to keep paying for the service as we mostly listen to local radio, anyway. After cancellation, I have received calls literally every day for months. The harassment is unending and unceasing. My advice to anyone who decides to use this service on a trial basis is this: Use a burner phone. Use a Google phone number. Do anything but give them your real phone number because they are the most stalker-clingy company I have EVER dealt with. The IRS is less relentless. Fatal Attraction is less annoying.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I have been a listening patron for several years. I got a call to renew my subscription, and was offered a promo offer. After selecting the "Mostly Music" package for a very reasonable annual rate, I was told I had to accept the automatic renewal. Then I was informed the amount would end up being more because they could only bill me monthly, adding a monthly surcharge. Then I was informed the automatic renewal would be at double the promo rate, but I could discontinue the service, provided I call their 1-800 number prior to the deadline. This is worse than the phone and cable companies. They need to get their act together. There are a number of free streaming services guys!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sirius XM?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

We bought a new vehicle that came with the 3 month XM radio trial. We were contacted initially to see if we'd like to continue, and although we liked it, it's not worth us paying for. So of course they offered the better rate for 6 months. I declined and told her I would never pay it. It's not worth it to me. When the 3 months is up, we're done. They have called me every single day, for well over a month now, it expired Nov. 1st, 2018, and I'm still getting daily calls. Sometimes twice a day. They never leave a message. Today I actually answered it and they hung up in my ear. I've received mail from them several times in the past month as well as emails. They are relentless! And rude! I have learned from this, that when I buy any new vehicle for now on, I won't even take the trial. I would never recommend them simply because of the way they do business.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I purchased a lifetime Subscription to Sirius radio in 2009. When I purchased my new truck I was told I could transfer my lifetime subscription to my new truck. Just called Sirius today and they wouldn't honor my contract. They lied to me! Don't trust Sirius.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

My XM subscription expired and I never got a bill. Started getting robocalls, which I mostly ignored. Then a person called, and said I owed them for service. My reply was I paid in advance for the period I wanted service. I did not authorize extensions beyond what I paid for. Well apparently in the fine print they have a gotcha. I'm done with this company. Told them to shut it off and erase the bill for service I did not knowingly authorize.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

After receiving several calls from SiriusXM, I received another call this morning on 11-12-18. I patiently waited for them finish up their marking words, then I said: “I am no longer interested,” and I hope not to receive any call from them. And this guy just hang up on me. Such a great experience. Will tell my friends and other people about this.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Been a subscriber for 10 years. I would call the payment in a day or 2 before the due date. Would tell them I was canceling because I couldn’t afford it. They would give 3 offers until they would offer 5 months for $25. Works every time. I would tell them not to store my credit card information. This payment I missed the due date by 2 days and they charged me $99. I called them and argued that they were stealing because they had no authorization. Their response was it was a mistake and they would delete the info. Read another review that says in the agreement that they have this right to store the info and charge it. They lie and will keep lying.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I subscribed to this service for commercial free music. While I do like the music channels they offer, there is so much talking. They have DJs that talk between every song. If the DJs is not talking then there is an advertisement for another one of their channels. They already have talk channels available, if I wanted talking, I would turn to those. Please leave the music channels for music and interview and talk on those channels.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I bought their lifetime and it was supposed to be originally transferable. They've changed their policy a few times where you can no longer do so. It's a bit shady. Anyway I'd like to write more here but I don't feel like giving them more attention. All I know is that I've started not recommending them nor activating them on my new car whatsoever.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

When I purchased my car a few years ago, it came with a trial period. It expired and I never renewed. Of course, then the special offers started coming in. I received an offer for 3 years for $100. Sounded good to me. When I called to get said offer, I was told that it would be transferable so not to worry about that. I am currently about 6 months into the 3 years.

Unfortunately, I totaled my car and have since purchased a new vehicle. My new car has a 3 month trial of course and I wanted to transfer my 3 years to my new vehicle. My first attempt to do so, the representative just danced around my question. Kept reiterating that I was currently under a trial. Duh. I know this. I just want to transfer my subscription. I ended up hanging up on him due to frustration.

I called earlier today and was told that I would not be able to transfer my subscription due to it being a special offer. I specifically asked if it was transferable. I will be calling back and speaking with a supervisor. This is a terrible company and will never use them again. At this point, I would rather just get my money refunded and use Pandora through my car. Music is better there anyway.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

My new car came with a trial period. After that expired, I opted for a six month extension at a reduced price. For some reason, I did not feel comfortable giving them my credit card information; so I decided to pay via check. Well they charged me a premium to pay via check, but for my peace of mind I paid the extra. Fast forward to the end of my extension, I received an invoice for approximately $66. It was almost impossible to tell from the invoice how many months this would cover. While trying to figure this out, I read their policy on automatic renewal/payment program. Basically it said that by submitting payment by credit card, debit card or CHECK, you are agreeing that Sirius can automatically extend your subscription at their prevailing rate.

Furthermore, nonpayment of their invoice will not cancel the service; but the service will continue to accrue charges until paid in full. Otherwise your credit report will take a hit. I immediately phoned them to cancel their service. The service rep tried to then offer me a highly discounted subscription if I would renew, but I insisted that I wanted to cancel. Reluctantly she gave me a cancellation number. The day after I received an invoice for a few days past my cancellation date ($7.12), I mailed them a check for that amount. The very next day, I received an email from them asking why I had not paid and the following day I received a robocall telling me that I was past due. I believe that I am finally finished with them as my check has cleared. But take my warning: If you pay them by credit card, debit card or check, they have their hooks in you and it is not easy cancel.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I paid for a six month subscription, upfront, in February 2018. After the six months, Sirius decided to renew my subscription at the regular price. I opted not to renew at the end of my subscription for my own reasons. So, recently I received correspondence from Sirius where I could pay $35 for 6 months. Got online and paid the money. Everything was good... until it wasn't. Here it is, 3 weeks later and I'm receiving emails that my service will be interrupted if payment is not received.

So, I call Sirius and they proceed to tell me that the $35 I paid last month went towards the service used after my subscription ended and to continue my service that I would have to pay $55. I went back and forth with the rep trying to make sense of it all. The call ended with me canceling my services. I will NEVER use them again. This is false advertisement to tenth degree. What bothers me even more is that I've been a customer for over 5 years and that meant nothing to them.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Each month I ask to have them change my billing to the beginning of the month as I only get paid once a month. I have even offered to pay a month in advance to keep it on track. For some reason they don’t even acknowledge the offer. Just pay the amount due today. My bill is apparently due mid month. Because it is 2 weeks late they threaten to shut it off. I told them today when they called to just shut it off then. I made a promise to pay for 2 months when my check is in my account and the guy just talked over me and said that I had to pay the one month today or be shut off. So be it. Shut it off.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Needed to cancel my SiriusXM subscription for what was just going to be a year while working out of a company vehicle. They made it so difficult to cancel my subscription that I will never ever ever sign up for them again! Now that I'm not using it I know it's a waste of money. I get far more variety using Pandora and just downloading podcasts. Signing up for SiriusXM is like putting your foot in a bear trap!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Was getting a quarterly bill and a monthly bill, I used to pay 80 something quarterly for both radios, then I changed subscription and slowly they sneaked the extra 19.05 a month. I called and took 20 minutes to finally cancel my 2nd radio. They tried hard so I wouldn't cancel my second radio. They tried to say I changed subscriptions and that's why I was getting the extra 19.05 a month, I clearly remember my subscription was 80 something quarterly after changing it, so yes they cheat and lie.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

So a few months back I called to terminate my renewal service. (I paid for a one year from 12/12/2017-12/12/2018) It’s very simple it should expire on 12/12/2018 & I didn’t want to pay $250 to renew it so I called to cancel. It all seemed to go well, but today I got an email saying my renewal is set for 12/12/2018. I called and they told me that I hung up last time so they couldn’t complete the cancellation, although I wasn’t the one who even ended the call after I was told it was cancelled.

So I spent another 40 minutes to have the person named Lori an “account specialist,” had completely cancelled everything and is sending me a refund. I told her earlier in the call I just want to cancel the renewal and that I wanted my service that I’ve paid for to continue. She then decided to tell me it was my fault because I did not specify. Although, earlier in the phone call I specifically stated, this will not cancel my radio now, but it will stop the renewal correct? And she replied yes sir that is correct. So then she said she would “fix” it and put me on hold, then decided to hang up on me right after she put me on hold. I had 4 bars and LTE so it wasn’t dropped she hung up on me because SiriusXM is crap, absolutely crap.

Do not start a service unless you want to deal with your bank when they decide to charge you. They are the most unprofessional “business” if you can even call them that, I have ever had to deal with. Absolutely a joke. Only way to cancel is to actually call in person and have to be on hold various times for 20 minutes. Don’t buy it because it’s a life contract, or at least until your credit card expires.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

The trial period on a new vehicle was ending. Received written offer for $99 (introductory rate) 1-Year - Savings 5 months free. I sent the form back with my check to activate an annual Select subscription and pay $99 for first 12 months, will renew thereafter every month. We did have to call w/in the first months to get reconnected as we kept losing coverage. Now we are getting bills and when I call (now 3 times with no resolution) they say I requested a monthly invoice and my $99 has been spent (within May to Aug) and I owe a monthly fee.

They refuse on the phone to make this right. They also would not tell me what the fees and taxes owed were as I never got a bill for just those. Only an invoice for monthly service. One representative had no clue what I was talking about regarding a promotional offer, 2nd would not escalate the call to a supervisor/manager, 3rd call consulted with supervisor and referred my call to a specialist. Specialist offered to give me a year starting this date for $136 (the $99 plus taxes and fees) plus what they say I owe for the first 3 months. Not acceptable.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

My SiriusXM Canada account was in good order until they merged my account with that of another person with the same first and last name. Now they say I have 4 radios on my account instead of 1. And they proceeded to give me the contact information of the other customer with the same name... including address, phone number, email and financial payments made on his credit card. I contacted him and warned him. He said he also had major problems with SiriusXM Canada. Sirius continues to ignore the issue and essentially called me a liar when I tried to explain. Stay away. They have a customer information security problem!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

We are blown away. We just got our in-home Sirius radio unit. Where do I start? 1- Sirius does not offer a unit with a built in speaker. Bad call. Had to hook up my elderly mother’s. More confusing for her and MORE WIRES. Less mobility. 2- MORE WIRES leads me to the radio NOT HAVING A BLUETOOTH OPTION???!! So no connected speaker in unit and no Bluetooth. Wow- pretty prehistoric. 3- Next, the Sirius radio unit has no rechargeable inner battery. It must be plugged in all the time. HA! ANOTHER WIRE. We can’t move it around our house now without unplugging it, then carrying all the wires to the new location and replugging it. Oh and then the antenna- ha! No wireless option there either. So now we would be moving that as well.

We are just blown away. A major company traded on the NASDAQ is not up to date with Bluetooth options, an inner chargeable battery or wireless antenna options! It’s almost hilarious. Oh the last thing- the dock weighted??? It’s been flipping all over and hanging while moving around ALL THE WIRES- as it is has the weight and feel of a plastic Tupperware lid. Ugh. Really shocking.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

We've bought vehicles that come with Sirius Satellite Radio. We just use it until it expires. They have never charged me for renewal, but I get CONSTANT phone calls from cell numbers closely to my own cell number and local numbers from our city. I normally do not answer calls if I do not recognize even if it's a local number. But these calls are constant - 3 to 4 times daily. And that doesn't include the mailings and emails. So tired of them. And I've already read so many other complaints. We can't file a consumer lawsuit on this company?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Once you are on a mailing list or own a vehicle equipped with Sirius or XM technology, there is absolutely no way to stop receiving solicitations. I have returned mail, called customer service and attempted to chat online but there is never resolution. Years ago I had to threaten to contact my district attorney and the attorney general of my state before they would allow me to cancel my subscription. I was told my reason for cancellation was not good enough.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Our new car came with a free 4 month subscription to Sirius XM. I didn't even want the trial service, because I knew I wasn't willing to pay $15.95/month plus to listen to the radio. The subscription came anyway, which was fine. As the trial subscription was nearing its end, I began to receive a flurry of offers to renew at various discounts. I called the company, stated my intentions of never planning on renewing, and would they PLEASE stop wasting their advertising dollars, needlessly killing more trees, and take me off their mailing list. I was assured by the service person that they would honor my wishes. Well, it's now been a full year since I had that trial subscription, and guess what - I'm still getting their junk mail. It's no surprise to me that the average rating of this company is the lowest possible - one star. I figured adding my own two cents was the best way for me to express my displeasure with their policy of not honoring customer requests.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Well here's what happened today 10/4/18. My boyfriend and I have Sirius, Me in my car and he uses the app on his phone. Well I have all Access which I was first told was good until November. So today I get a phone call saying my sub is going to expire today if I didn't call them. Well I called my Boyfriend and he suggested we do a three-way call which we did. Here's where the interesting part comes in - The first rep said NO the previous agent made a mistake and my sub ends today and we need to pay $85.05 for three months which we said we'd talk it over and call them back which we did. So once we called them back another agent said no the previous agent was wrong and the payment was $71.80 for three months.

We thought something just doesn't sound right and we asked when does the sub end and the rep said December which we said isn't correct. So we asked to speak to a supervisor and they said sure and we were on hold for 20 minutes and we hung up. And called back and this time we were told the correct cost was $85.05 for three months and we asked WHY are we being told different things every time we called. Well the agent apologized and we asked to speak to a super who said the correct amount was $85.05 and that we hadn't paid for Sept that's why we were told Dec. and the other agent was wrong. I love the music but the customer service is HORRENDOUS!!! I hope nobody goes thru this with them.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I tried submitting the following to SiriusXM via their customer strive web page. After hitting the send button, it just buffered away until it timed out. I tried again using a different web browser to no avail. I then went to their chat feature and asked for the name of someone in management and they couldn't help and send me back to the same link that wasn't working. Essentially, this company could achieve higher growth through better customer service and more creative approaches in distributing a very fine product but they seem to wall themselves off from customers and resort to tactics that place customers in cages yearning for freedom.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

An illegal monopoly here, somehow allowed by our government, has led to horrible customer service and exorbitant price gouging. I have had multiple issues with their price increases and complete lack of care to do anything to satisfy their customers. Most recently, I asked for a delay to renew my subscription due to my financial cards being compromised and robbed. After being told they would bill me later, 2 days later they sent the fee to the card. Spoke with them again. No help at all! Completely unwilling to help! I was forced to cancel a service I used every day. Get entertainment anywhere but from SiriusXM. Horrible company.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I have been a Sirius XM customer for several years. After buying a car with the service, I added a portable radio subscription so I could listen in the house. Reception on the portable was always shakier than in the car, but I kept it anyway. My house suffered a fire in June 2017 and the radio was put into storage along with the rest of my belongings until October 2018. My new residence presents even more satellite-unfriendly obstacles than my previous home, rendering the radio unable to receive a reactivation signal. The fun began when I tried to cancel the subscription.

You cannot cancel a subscription online; you must call the company directly. There are literally no options on their website for canceling a subscription. I tried an online chat, but the operator couldn't help. After explaining my situation, Monte did inform me that there was a special department that could cancel the subscription for me and provide a refund not only for the unused balance, but also the unused portion of the previous year's fee since I did not have the radio in my possession. He told me that he added detailed notes of our conversation to my file so I would not have to recount our conversation again to the special department. I clicked the option for Sirius to send me a transcript of the chat.

Predictably, the operator in the special department could not speak English very well. He spent the first 15 minutes of our conversation making me recount my story again, even though he admitted he could see the notes from Monte, the chat operator. Then he tried to send a reactivation code, even though I insisted I wanted to cancel the subscription. Then he tried to send me a new radio, so I could have a more updated model, even though I live in a home that can't receive satellite signals. After yelling at him, he finally agreed to cancel the subscription. He actually asked me if I wanted to wait until the subscription is up for renewal in December to cancel. I literally had to say no. Then he could only provide a refund for the remaining unused balance, not the previous months I paid for but didn't use while the radio was in storage.

After finally completing the phone conversation, I checked my email for the chat transcript. Sirius sent two copies, both with header information documenting the date and time of the call, but the actual conversation text is blank. How convenient. My advice: if you are involved in a catastrophic event and don't have access to your radio, cancel immediately. Personally record every interaction with customer service agents. Prepare to be frustrated.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

After our free trial was up we paid for a year's subscription at a discount, paying with our debit card. We ended up having to change our debit card before the year was up. Rather than shut off our subscription when the card wouldn't process a renewal, they kept it going and told us we owed them more money. Told them to shut it off and mail us a paper copy (didnt want them to have new card info). They told us they couldn't do that, to pay with the debit card. After multiple arguments they finally shut it off and sent a paper bill. We played the bill immediately. A week after receiving first bill, we got the same bill, then four days after they mailed the second they sent the same bill with a late charge AFTER having cashed our check! So now we've been fighting over that. Today the woman told us she had waived the late fee... We'll see if there's any truth to it. Do NOT give them your money. The music is great but not worth the hassle.

SiriusXM Satellite Radio Company Information