SiriusXM Satellite Radio
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

SiriusXM Satellite Radio

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 15, 2017

2325 SiriusXM Satellite Radio Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I called and tried to get an explanation on why I was not getting the free trial that they had sent me emails about. The customer service rep told me that she had no idea then I asked for supervisor and supervisor told me my car radio was not eligible. But for 30 dollars I could have my radio turned back on.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I have spoken with representatives, supervisors and others since October 27, 2017 where I learned from several of your representatives that monies were taken out of my checking account for 16 months unauthorized. I have all information including ID numbers and I am at a loss as to why my money has not been returned to my account. I have only asked that my money be placed back in my account. It is a terrible shame when you are taken advantage of and nobody seems to want to do a thing. Please refer to all my notes in your files and please get back in touch with me. I have contacted our local TV station which is waiting on me to file a formal complaint with Sirius. YOUR representatives are the ones that stated you owed me money. What is going on??

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

SiriusXM Satellite Radio plays really good variety, just plays them over and over again. On all the station same song about a hour later. I'm sure that there are more artists to be played. Not just the top 10.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I contact them today about and past due invoice I received. I was on hold on the first call for 86 minutes, the second call 45 minutes. Spoke with them about the bill, ask for a supv, Kathleen came on the phone from Wisconsin. She was rude. I explained that I wasn't happy with the bill or the service. She made comments to me that I claim I didn't receive my bill. I told her that not good customer services tell me I claimed. She kept coming back on the phone and kept putting me on hold seven times. I'm not her child and that's not how you handle your clients. I think she should be put in time out. She stated you tape the calls maybe someone should listen to it. This company doesn't care about their customers.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

After canceling my account in April 2017 with Sirius Satellite, fraudulent deductions still were taken from my credit card. Unknowingly surprised at these withdrawals since April of 2017 to October 28th 2017, I called Sirius. When passed through 4 representatives with no apologies to these FRAUDULENT CHARGES. They all told me their hands are tied and it is company policy to never return our money... I WILL BE SUING FOR A HELL OF A LOT MORE THAN SIRIUS STOLE FROM ME!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sirius XM?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

SiriusXM is a sneaky company. I decided to start a subscription after my first year's free year that came with my new car. I paid 30 Dollars for 6 months. While going through my bank account after these 6 months, they pulled 196 Dollars from my checking account without any kind of notification, announcement, text message, email, just nothing. I was furious. I called them and told them I wanted my money back and close my account. Disconnecting your account was done instantly. Then you are forwarded to someone else and someone else and someone else, one rude person after another. They test your patience and keep you waiting in hopes you will hang up and forget about it. After they made me really upset, they still had the nerve to make me a new offer for 6 months. I am done with them. No wonder this company has so much debt and is losing business.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I previously tried to cancel service on a vehicle I sold - it took over an hour of arguing with them for them to finally agree to cancel the service to a vehicle that was no longer even in my possession, and they gave me a very hard time about it. It was probably the most ridiculous customer service experience I've ever had. I kept the service in another vehicle and on a portable SiriusXM radio. After moving to an area where the service is extremely intermittent (I believe just due to the terrain), I could no longer listen to an entire song without it cutting in and out, and eventually quit using the service since it was too annoying.

Cancelling service took another hour+ of having to plead a case with customer service to get them to honor my request. I enjoy listening to SiriusXM (in areas where it comes in clearly), but their customer service never fails to severely disappoint. I hope they take heart of these negative reviews and change their policies to be more considerate of their customers, as I would like to have this service in my car again in the future, but not without better customer care.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Call the SiriusXM Radio company and stated I would to access the 6-month promotion that I received in the mail; what they advertised and what I purchased was two different products. Spoke with two supervisors and they too wanted to sell a different service than what was advertised. Tried canceling and got the run around for over an hour. Had to call bank to handle the charge out right. If you only speak English you will have a difficult time with this company. They find out what channels you listen to and put that channel on a higher plan with you will not be told until you have paid them and then you are told you must buy or upgrade to the next higher service plan. I told them to cancel the plan and they start with all the hidden fees and cancellation requirements. Run from this fraudulent company!!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I have been a Satellite Radio subscriber for over 13 years (back when there were two options, Sirius and XM) and I have to say that the one of the most aggravating things about SiriusXM is the their lack of customer service abilities and their confusing billing practices, particularly for those with more than one device connected. Never have I had to explain in such detail and then explain over and over again what it is that I am trying to do whenever calling in. There is usually a fairly significant language barrier (although this has gotten slightly better over the past couple of years).

I get so aggravated anytime that I call in for help (usually because I have a new radio to add or because something has gone awry with my internet radio and the ability to log in) that I am ready to just dump them for any other alternative. But each time I somehow decide to stay with them, although each time I get closer and closer to that dumping point.

They simply need to provide better service over the phone, the reps really have no idea at all about my account, about specials or about how the service works. It becomes apparent quite early on during the call that the reps are hired to read from a script and have no clear idea at all of what promotional activities there are and never understand the issue from the get go. It generally takes 3-5 explanations of what it is I am trying to accomplish before they get it (if they ever do).

The actual radio service is good, but rather expensive (especially if you have more than one device on the account). But the lack of understanding on the call center reps has to be hurting business. If T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless (or any other service provider of some sort) provided the same level of service that SiriusXM provides, they would quickly be at the bottom of the pack in terms of churn level within the industry and would rapidly lose subscribers.

In short, if you are thinking about subscribing to SiriusXM radio, the programming is good, the service is perhaps among the worst. There are other alternatives out there that I would seriously consider prior to jumping on board. If you don't mind spending a slightly higher than average amount for a music service and plan on making few, if any changes to your account, and plan on having only one device to use, then the service is not terrible.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

When I'm on the road, It's nice to experience Music WITHOUT annoying commercials. I have a varied choice of what I want to hear. The SiriusXM Service is WELL WORTH the cost.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

My experience with Sirius XM Radio started with a bogus offer for a free month of XM radio which turned out to be a $55 charge. The real problem came when I walked out to the car and found that the radio was not on in the car. I called customer service, received an agent that had very broken English and kept re-verifying my identity and subscription. It's very difficult relaying your issues to someone who cannot speak the language. This called ended unexpectedly when the agent hung up on me when I requested another agent. I spent a total of 2 hours on the phone on and off of hold to correct the situation, the car still wasn't connected. By this time I was frustrated and tired of retelling my story to the 3rd agent. By this time... I asked the 3rd agent to please cancel the subscription, if there was one.

I was told that it was canceled and we would not be charged. So just to recap, in one day I started an account with Sirius XM Radio and within 2 hours I was told by XM that the account was closed and nothing owed. My husband and I just returned from a month long road trip to find a past due billing from Sirius XM Radio for $55 on a car that has been sitting in our garage for a month. I started an online chat late last night to correct the situation and I was hung up on within the first 2 minutes, this would not be the first time. When I tried again, I received a gentleman named Marvin who was understanding & apologetic who said that he would get his supervisor to cancel our account. I was instantly relieved.

I was told that we would receive an email with our cancellation soon. That email came this morning and stated that the account was canceled and we owe $43.08 and a credit of $12.34 was applied. So Sirius XM Radio wishes for us to pay $43.08 for an subscription that they say that I had for maybe 2 hours in one day. I cannot begin to tell you how appalled I am that Sirius XM Radio could treat their customers in such a manner. To ask me to pay a charge for a service I never received. And they will not receive that payment from us and I would like to invoice Sirius XM Radio for MY time that was spent mostly in frustration trying to clear their wrongdoing. There are other companies with much better customer service as well as a genuine product than Sirius XM Radio.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

SiriusXM Satellite Radio is a great service but the satellite service goes in and out way too much. But the music selection is really the best that I have found. One can listen to it on many devices. The trial fees are reasonable too, but the renewal price is so very much money. I’m waiting for something similar and less expensive. In the meantime I will just deal with it.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Although callers can validate their identity, (phone #) automatically when calling SiriusXM, the agent had no clue who I was until she validated who I was again. Then, she had no idea about the email reminder where I was trying to update credit card information to sign up for my second two year term. The phone agent was clueless. XM, where do you get these people?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

For about 5 months I have been waiting for my refund check from SiriusXM because I pay yearly and got rid of my car and had time left. I started about 5 months ago to get my refund and every month they say they have sent a check which never shows up. I have lodged complaints with the BBB and the FCC. I spoke to their corporate office again today and their response was, "Well, keep waiting..." I call every month with no avail. I will be filing a complaint with the Attorney General's office after this review... They have had more than enough chances... DO NOT USE this service!!! If this is what they are doing to me I can imagine their thousands of other customers in the same situation. You have a lot of other choices including Amazon Prime, Pandora etc... It's not worth the total disrespect.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Sirius XM continues to use faulty advertising. I received a 1 year "free" subscription on a new leased vehicle, expiring November 9. However, the first year of an annual renewal expires on October 24th. A second annual renewal would also expire on October 24th, even though the lease expires on November 9th. Bottom line: Sirius sells annual subscriptions that last less than 50 weeks. What a rip-off!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Unfortunately I found a company with Worse customer service than Comcast. Buying a new car was easier than trying to get their service. Customer Service Reps favorite line was, “I don't know that's what it says on the screen”. Finally gave in and paid the $38.00 for the $30 service only to find out they sold me internet music instead of satellite radio.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

My car was stolen March 2017 while I was 7 months pregnant. I called to cancel my account and the rep told me to just freeze it. Now October 2017 I got a call from the collections team of XM radio to let me know that I owe them $88 for a policy that renewed in September of 2017 on an account that is still frozen and on a car that was totalled out by the insurance 14 days after it was stolen! I asked to speak to the manager at XM radio and John ** the manager on duty told me he will not close that account for me and that the policy will keep renewing and charging me until I pay them $88! What crooks! This post is so everyone will know what kind of company XM radio is and how they have no manager override and just want their money. Crooks!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I've had satellite radio in my car for 10 years, first with XM radio and now SiriusXM radio when the 2 companies merged and have enjoyed it up until 6 months ago. About 6 months ago a whole bunch of new cellphone towers went up in the Edmonton area and ever since my SiriusXM satellite radio cuts out every time I pass one of them for a radius of about 2 to 4 city blocks. As these cell towers are spaced about 15 to 20 blocks apart the satellite radio is constantly cutting out. Checked online and it would seem that this is a problem people all over Canada & the USA are experiencing. Spoke to a rep on the phone with SiriusXM and was told they are aware of the problem. I told them not to renew my account when it expires in November 2017 & they tried to get me to renew for 6 months anyways. Told them their radio service is not worth paying for if it does not work.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I had Sirius when I purchased my new SUV, it was promotional. Then I paid for one year. I then canceled it in April 2015 for May 2015. As most all of my bills are paperless. I have discovered that I have neglected to check my credit card statements since going paperless. I had to check something on my bill so logged in and discovered that Sirius was charging me 33.23 every month, I called they said I had a radio. I called and had to cancel my credit card and told Sirius. They deny they done wrong for 2 years I have been paying them... NEVER TRUST. They are a scam and rip off.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I am filing a formal complaint as to unnecessary difficulty in canceling service. Every Time you call into customer care it clearly says that we can visit website for ALL of our services needs. Due to work hours I been trying to log in online at night and every time I do it's down for maintenance. So this weekend I log in earlier in day and find it's impossible to cancel without calling! SO then I call and of course I'm offered various promotions to keep service. Why is it necessary in this day and age to inconvenience the customer and hassle them in this way just for canceling my service. My service could have been canceled a few weeks ago if I knew only way was on the phone but the automated IVR system says that I could apparently do everything online which is untrue. I am highly disappointed.

I was not planning on being a customer anyway but to see how and unfriendly this procedure is I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Not to mention price is not worth the service, especially when quality is worst than radio. I can't listen to radio anywhere. I am at with obstructions which based on my circumstances is in many locations in my area. I'll stick to free radio. I also tried sending them an email directly. They have no direct email only an online form that fails to submit! Now I'll make sure they hear me by posting this on this site.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Buyers beware!! SIRIUS rips off by billing in advance for what they think you will use. I paid $54.64 July 5, 2017 to cover July, August and September 2017. I called August 11th to notify Sirius of a broken radio. They said they would send me another; once received I could call to activate. I never opened the box, never called to activate yet they claim "their system is not set up to refund the time Sirius services were not used." I offered to mail the unused radio, not opened, to provide proof of not using services. Gave up trying after being on the phone for an hour. Plus it took 30 minutes just to ask for service cancellation???

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

The radio stations are very good, however, having SiriusXM in your wallet at their discretion is not. It is very bewildering to me how one customer can have a subscription for $20 for 6 months (that is $20 total for all 6 months) and the next customer is being charged $30 per month). SiriusXM wants freedom to your bank account to withdraw payment and they will do so and withdraw an increase rates without notification. They will claim they notified you but I will guarantee you will never receive notification. When you request they disconnect service, they will ignore your request and continue withdrawing from your bank account until you have to freeze your bank account and get new account numbers. They are worse than the mob. How they continue to operate is beyond me.

It seems to me their method of operation is illegal. I agreed to a certain amount of money for a certain service and then all of a sudden my bank account is being drained and I am being told I paying several times what I initially agreed to pay. Finally, after the disconnect is complete, they begin calling our home relentlessly to reconnect the service but they won't talk to me, they call and request to speak with my husband. Now they just hang up if I answer the phone. They offered to reconnect the service for $5/per mo. for him. No fairness, no ethics, crooked company.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I had a trial 3 month membership for $30. Or maybe it was 6 months for $30. Either way, I could not remember if my membership automatically renews or not so I called. I was told not to worry and my service will just stop working and if I want to continue just call or go online. Yesterday I get a call from a COLLECTION AGENCY saying I owe $18 for unpaid services in September for SiriusXM. I was shocked and thinking, "Seriously, they sent me to collections for only $18 without even contacting me first!?" On their website under FAQs it clearly states that trials DO NOT automatically renew! After a little less than half hour being bounced around to different people I finally get this taken care of... but not before trying to be sold a 1 year trial for $20 for the hassle. Yeah right, forget you guys. Bad business ethics.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Finally cancelled after 10 years - I've been renewing at 6 month intervals and was aware that today was the end of the current cycle. By the time I could call, they had already charged me for over twice my last subscription price. I told them I wanted the same rate as last time, but of course, they first tried for a full year, then backed off to another 6 month term. This was still $6-$7 more than the last renewal.

Prior to that, I wrote their "Customer Feedback" forum to say that I didn't think it appropriate to hear commercials on a service for which all were paying a subscription. Their response was that they "don't consider commercials inappropriate". Of course they don't... They're making more money. Never mind that the subscriber doesn't like them, it's all about them. Just pay them and go away.

When I called to cancel, I told him that I wanted a further credit for the poor attitude regarding their view on commercials. He said he couldn't do that. I cancelled my service at that point. Evidently, they'd rather lose subscribers rather than listen to their dislikes and accept less for service. I'm done with them. Judging from the other posts I've read here, I'd better continue to check to make sure my account is actually cancelled. Such poor marketing and customer retention policies.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I received a "3 month trial" for SiriusXM after buying a used car. Had problems and distractions, but finally got it "activated" 3.5 weeks later. They won't give me credit for those weeks. Had to repeatedly tell them not to call my office number. Always trying to sell me something. When I'd call or go online, sometimes it would say "doesn't recognize your phone number." One rep could find my account, the next one could not pull up my account by my phone number. They said dealer was supposed to activate signal. I talked to 3 different SiriusXM employees - nobody would give me credit for those unused weeks since the trial was activated. Sending signal is part of "process" not the true activation. Poor customer service - the good thing is will save me grief later. Not even considering buying their package after all the negative reviews! Phone connections were poor - felt like they overseas.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

2 weeks ago, the radio started turning off every 45 minutes. I reset the password and everything was fine. In the past 48 hours, 5 calls to "tech support", and now I'm locked out of EVERYTHING. I called to cancel the service. "Hector" tried talking me into a radio, and tried talking out of canceling. In the end I canceled and I'll be getting a refund for the 1 month remaining. The guy was nice. SiriusXM software SUCKS ASS. Not ready for primetime. SELL YOUR STOCK NOW!!!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I have 2 XM receivers, one in each vehicle. The one in my Mini-Cooper never works right. The one in my other vehicle works fine. If the Mini car sits for even a few days every time I get in the car I have to call to get a refresh of the signal. Despite paying for service, I am not receiving it. They suck money out of my account monthly but fail to provide the service.

After talking to one of the little Filipino ladies who could do nothing but apologize, I requested to speak to a representative in the U.S. This was also a waste of time. All the lady kept talking about was how I lost the signal. I explained I had not lost a signal as I am still getting the channel telling me to activate my subscription. I was finally given a number for technical support. Upon calling the number I found it was for their Transportation Department. The guy in Canada offered to connect me to technical support. After waiting through numerous announcements they hung-up on me. Looks like no one cares. Looks like I am about to become a former customer.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I called to inform this company that they have my address in error and are sending mail to me that does not belong to me. I now have access to the previous owner's private information. I thought they would like to know so that they can make a change. They refused, saying they needed approval from the previous owner. If they had simply offered to take the time to contact the previous owner to let them know of the problem, I wouldn't be writing this review. As is that's 20 minutes wasted trying to get an address changed. Imagine how they deal with bigger issues.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I created an account on ConsumerAffairs just to review SiriusXM. This company has the most incompetent customer service that I have EVER encountered. It is incomprehensible to me that this company cannot better train their employees and/or create a better system to handle the simple customer request to move a subscription from one car to another! I spent 30 minutes with one employee (who could barely speak English) trying to transfer my subscription from my former car to my new car. She was only able to screw the account up enough that when I called back (after being put on hold and forgotten) that the new CSR informed me (over an additional 20 minutes) that the account information for the previous car no longer exists. What the holy hell?

I was also informed that the Radio ID - LISTED ON THE LETTER FROM SIRIUSXM - is not recognized by them as having ever existed. How can Sirius send me a renewal notice with an ID number and then when I call to renew, tell me that number does not exist? For my sanity, I had to end the call and hope that I can call back at another time to reach someone who has some ability to perform actual customer service.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I bought a lifetime license on one of our Sirius Radios, we have had 3-4 subscriptions for over 10 years now... when I wanted to transfer that license to a new car that we bought, they told me there would be a 75 dollar transfer fee. I told them that it was an unfair policy and if they persisted that I would cancel my other subscriptions. They told me too bad, but this was their policy. I have cancelled the other subscriptions and will NEVER do business with these corporate vultures again.

SiriusXM Satellite Radio Company Information