2. Miscellaneous

SiriusXM Satellite Radio
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.07/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

SiriusXM Satellite Radio Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SiriusXM Satellite Radio?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sirius XM?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

Just finished the trial and tried to sign up. Online the total was about 72.00 but the broken website didn't work. Tried to buy over the phone - it was magically $10 more. Then tried the online site to sign up for the year for the inexpensive price and then the form stopped working. Now they wanted an extra 10 bucks for more "fees and taxes" Needless to say it's been over 40 minutes with 3 different reps (sales, billing, account whatever). This company is a completely stupid and dishonest and has bad account management and billing capabilities. I don't know how anyone wants to work here if signing up for a promotional price takes this much effort by the customer.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

I was a customer in 2007 with my new Monte Carlo At that time it was called XM Radio. Then Sirius bought out XM and amalgamated. Since then I have been overcharged $543.00 just this year. Cannot understand Filipinos poor language. will not consent to me speaking with supervisor. when queried about charges just make excuses. Offered $85.00 credit and service for one more year at $80.00. My monthly rate for two cars and two boom boxes was $28.12 since June of 2018. Now random charge of $325.00,$240.53. Monthly rate gone to $50.55/Month. Since start of year I have paid $548.38. I only discovered this by looking through my records for charges from Facebook purchase. I am waiting for email to confirm what garbage they tried to tell me on phone. I am going to ask my lawyer how I may be able to start a class action suit against these crooks, on behalf of all of you. If Interested Email me at **.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

I cancelled my portable radio and they are charging me $15.80 MORE than I paid for all 3 radios and their service is so expensive! I chatted with them and they just give you the run around and never explain the reasoning for this. How do they get away with this? Think I will stick to bluetooth and CD's and local radio.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

Crooked management and service sucks. I found out that they have been billing both myself and my wife's credit cards for the past few years, but only getting 1 email for 1 device renewal (that was their claim that we get notifications before renewal for each one.. And because of the 1 email and separate credit cards we didn't notice till now). I called in and the first person said it was due to a boom box (I had one more than 8 years ago that was disconnected, makes no sense...) and I managed to get this one refunded (waiting to see) but they wouldn't back date at all.

I have only had 1 vehicle on Siriusxm for years, and I know that in Canada it is more expensive but it jumped from $130 to $250 a year over the past 2 years. I wanted at least last year's refunded (wasn't even asking for any discounts to the high rate) and I would have kept the account but they said, "This is well documented that you didn't cancel" and kept changing their story, now the boom box doesn't exist and I have a free trial now on a new vehicle? I'll just be glad if I get my ~$400 bucks back after they take a cancellation fee off each... I have been with sirius for years and this is the thanks I get? Was better before they merged... Now they just want your money and have a monopoly... It's cheaper for me to just use Spotify or Youtube music and its on demand...

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

I've been a SiriusXM customer since way before Sirius bought XM.. I don't remember having a good experience when I've needed to call customer service! I've recently read some of their reviews and most all are bad 1 star, some 2 star. I see a lot of people being charged wrong or wanting to end service, so through the years I've learned a few things you can do that will help.

1) I always request to be billed and get an invoice in the mail.
      2) To be billed you'll have to call them, you can't remove your card online, I've tried... insist on being billed and make the remove your card info from system and make them hold while you log out and back in to see if your card info is actually removed.
      3) By getting billed you can go back and check your dates to started service on each radio and if there's an error on their dates you need to call them before you send a payment.

4) When calling cust svc, when they answer, I tell them immed that I want to speak to a rep in the USA, they'll transfer you but you'll have to wait again, but it's worth it to speak to someone you can understand and who'll understand you.

I'LL BE GLAD WHEN SIRIUSXM HAS SOME SERIOUS COMPETITION!!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

I have subscribed to SiriusXM for many years and am now trying to cancel... it is a nightmare; I have phoned 5 times and also communicated 3 times on Chat. Sirius offers no email address to which I could write to cancel. Each time I call I am speaking to representatives who are extremely difficult to understand in English, each time I request a confirmation of my instructions I am transferred to another unintelligible person who will not cancel my subscription but who offers plans to retain me and who does not have the authority to cancel my subscription, nor can they transfer to anyone to cancel. I received an email to which one cannot reply, informing me of an automatic renewal at an increased rate on September 18 2020, but nowhere on their website is there a 'cancel' option. How can I stop my credit card from being charged if I cannot cancel my subscription? Surely all companies are obliged to enable customers to cancel subscriptions.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

I've had SiriusXM for years in multiple vehicles. Radio is good, service is criminal. You cannot cancel an account online and must speak with a rep. I spent 30 min to cancel service and they kept trying to offer me discounts. I was charged for a vehicle I no longer owned and they would not credit any of the service, and then they charged me a termination fee. I think a class action lawsuit would be warranted against this company for the money they continue to steal from customers. Never experienced anything like this.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Phone service hours suck! Try to chat with an agent online. I waited through 35 customers over an hour and a half. I've been the next customer for well over an hour. If I could leave a minus negative I would absolutely. Fed Up. Will never use their service again!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

Even though I confirmed I wanted a one-year subscription, for the 2 cars we have, I kept seeing small amounts on my charge card each month. They continued to explain it away, or make excuses. They also claimed I had a much higher annual subscription fee, but when I told them I could "get a cheaper price from an internet search" the young guy changed his tune and gave me a much lower price. Not honest, not trustworthy. Worst attitude toward customers ever. It's Pandora carplay for me.

Original review: July 30, 2020

I never wanted satellite radio, all I did was buy a new vehicle... It came with a free trial of Sirius. As soon as the trial began I was bombarded with phone calls and promotional letters. I have told them repeatedly I am not interested and will never be interested, I have requested to be put on a "do not contact" list and yet they keep calling and mailing things to me. Even if I wanted satellite radio I would NEVER give them a dime, just take a look around at some other reviews on this site and others, they are a dishonest company with bad business practices.

SiriusXM Satellite Radio Company Information