1.17/5
Based on 196 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

2451 SiriusXM Satellite Radio Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 21, 2018

I canceled two of my subscriptions a month ago, while doing so asked about my Military Veteran Discount. I was told that there my current plan was larger than the Military Discount. Before hanging up I was asked if I wanted a free XM Radio. I said no as there is nothing free. Their agent replied, "No Sir, there is charge, it's just free." Move on to a couple of days ago, I was reviewing my XM Radio even though it was not activated. This irritated me when they told me that the billing was correct. I canceled all my accounts and would recommend to any potential subscriber to be aware of this company! I would rate them a zero if I could. They don't deserve the 1 star!

Original review: June 21, 2018

BEWARE "LIFETIME" subscription is a SCAM! I purchased a "Lifetime" subscription in 09' for over $600, when the company was struggling and I wasn't even sure they would stay in business but after speaking with the agent WHO GUARANTEED this was for a lifetime! No guarantee they'd stay in business but I bought it and it was truly a good product. Fast forward to 2018 I go to transfer to my new car and guess what "NEW" RULE not transferable if the car has it in the radio WHAT NEW CAR DOESN'T! It's a SCAM. BEWARE!! Don't buy it!!

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I always have to spend tons of time straightening out my account every time it expires. They renew without my authorization. I have always requested an invoice instead of auto-renewal. If you get auto renewal it is always billed as package you didn't originally order. If you call customer service, you get the complete run around. I just got special for a new radio at $60 but I was charged $117 for another new car I just renewed. When I asked why I got nothing but a run around. These people are corrupt and worst company I have ever dealt with in my life. You have to threaten to cancel to get billing straightened out. JUST NOT RIGHT!!

Original review: June 18, 2018

When I first started off it was a pretty good value, a bit pricey but worth it. Then they removed one of the main channels I signed up for, then a few months later the other. I reduced my membership to a lower tier since there was no longer any point in paying for the highest. Then they changed a couple of other channels I liked to premium content only, meaning you had to pay for that specific channel just to get it. I discontinued one of my two radios and sent a letter to Sirius to let them know the more you cut back on channels, raise prices, and turn previously packaged channels into previous channel the LESS I will spend, not MORE. Each money grab they make to get more money makes me spend LESS.

Of my one remaining radio I am now at the lowest basic level of service. The funny thing is, it's not a money issue. I could afford both radios at their top tier prices by why would I? I refuse to reward these "squeeze plays" where you get less service for more money. The only logical course of action is to punish them by spending less. Every few months I get something in mail from Sirius asking me to reactivate my second radio. Each time this arrives, I review the channel lineup and each time I see less reasons to do so.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I have had nothing but headaches and signal loss with Sirius. First I had 7 days of constant signal loss, this mentioned calling the company and speaking to individuals in Cairo, India, Philippines etc. Most of the time the individual was not only difficult to understand but they would assure me that the signal would now stay on. Total lie, a few hours later back to calling them because signal was lost. This has gone on for over a week and no one seems to care. I finally canceled my subscription. Save yourself a lot of headaches and go to Spotify or something else, Sirius is on the way of the DODO bird and it serves them right for such terrible customer service. Did I mention how many times I would call and could not reach anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sirius XM?

Original review: June 12, 2018

We were given 6 months free radio. Only got 3 in 2 separate cars in 2 different years. They take your credit card and charge you whenever they want. Paying for commercials is crazy, I get commercials for free on regular radio. If you want to cancel the contract, you end up calling several numbers and are kept on hold for up to 30, it took me over an hour to get the contract canceled.

Original review: June 9, 2018

This should be a free service for the kind of service you get from SiriusXM. I have nothing good to say about them based on my experiences. First of all, there is no or very little variety of the music on the channels. I'm hearing the same set of 15 songs that I heard last year on the same channels. That's pathetic since you have to pay for this service. I can just listen to regular FM radio if I want to hear the same songs over and over. Then the channels you like they get rid of. They need to change it up some and play different music. The sound and audio quality on my car radio-I have a Kia Optima and my wife has a Kia Forte is horrible at best.

The FM sounds ok, but satellite radio sounds terrible. It sounds tinny like AM radio and there is no bass to it. The sound is not full and it doesn't even sound like it's broadcast in stereo. It just sounds like some cheaping streaming service. They really need to update and improve on sound quality for car radios. Then, the billing issues-they are horrible. They will bill your credit card over and over even after you made your payment. They are crooks. So, all in all, avoid SiriusXM. It is let down after let down.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I got an email from a CC that I had NEVER USED & never given out the number to anyone, saying that I had a minimum payment due, so after checking what was going on, it was a charge from SiriusXM for $228.03 for an annual subscription to their service. The charge was made on May 30th 2018, yet I had already renewed my annual subscription in March for $70.90 on a VALID CC. I immediately canceled my service with them! What a bunch of scumbags!

Original review: May 29, 2018

I got SiriusXM Satellite Radio on Feb 25 for 6 months for $70.00. They sent me an email stating my 6 months are up May 29th. Then come to find out someone is tied to my account I don’t know!!! Now I wanted to renew it going to be $170 for 6 months. Their prices are never the same! Period! How do these people stay in business. Go to Apple Play for less $$ and consistent pricing. SiriusXM They do business like a used car dealer!!! Screwing the customer every chance. There is a reason why they just say 50% off instead of giving you a price!! Hope you guys go out of business!!! Rip off!!!

Original review: May 29, 2018

I got a free 6-month subscription with my new car. After 6 months, it ran out and stopped working. I purchased a 3-month renewal at a very reasonable rate, but the yearly cost was outrageous, so I didn't intend to renew. I'm not in the car enough to warrant paying such high prices to listen to (almost) commercial free radio. In the meantime, my credit card number was stolen (damn you Facebook ads!) and I had to get a new number. After the 3-months, I stopped getting the radio feed and just let things expire. They apparently tried to auto-bill my card! I don't remember anything about automatic renewal. I may have missed it, but whatever. It stopped, they couldn't bill me, it was fine by me.

Then the calls started. Over and over and over. I had already been getting a lot of email, but apparently since that didn't work, they switched to phone calls. The one time I answered, I got a woman who, after I told her I wasn't interested in renewing, said, "Okay, but there is the matter of your balance owed that needs to be settled." Balance OWED? On a 3-month subscription that stopped working at the end of 3 months? I certainly did not get any more "free" radio after it expired. They're very efficient at canceling the service when you don't pay. Nothing else seems to be efficient, though, unless you count the phone calls. Over and over and over and over.

After a while, I got annoyed. I actually paid for RoboKiller to stop the calls. That worked for a while, but now they're using rotating phone numbers that are getting through. I block one, and they call with another. This is really quite annoying. I told them to stop calling and they rattled off (really faster than I could hear) something about taking 10 days to get through the system and up to some other period of time for the calls to actually stop.

This has been going on since November 2017 and it's the end of May 2018 and they are still harassing me. My trial ended in July 2017 and I renewed for 3 months. The emails started right after the 3-month period and the calls started in November. I intend to write to the dealership and car manufacturer to express how much their "free trial" has cost me in time and aggravation. I will NEVER ever purchase Sirius XM again. It just isn't worth the money and certainly isn't worth the aggravation.

Original review: May 28, 2018

My wife and I live in an area that doesn't get reliable FM radio in the categories we like--mainly classical and classic rock. When we got a new car 10 months ago, we decided to try SiriusXM radio. We signed up for the basic package, which gives us a few stations that sounded interesting, including one classical station and several stations that broadcast "classic" rock. The rest are of no interest to us--like most cable TV stations. We are very disappointed.

In the first place, the "curators" on most of the stations seem to play the same things over and over. In 10 months, I've heard Lou Reed twice, Joni Mitchell once, and Wilco once. But, every day, we get a barrage of (usually the same songs by) the Eagles, Dire Straits, Steve Miller, and Creedence. This would be ok if it was just one station, but all of the stations seem to do the same thing. They might as well put a few dozen songs on a rotation, like commercial radio, and do away with the inane chatter that also repeats over and over. Certain bands that have ongoing tours get a lot of attention (currently U2), while others are completely ignored (where's the National, Phosphorescent, the Avett Brothers, the Felice Brothers, etc., none of which I've heard more than once or twice in 10 months).

The "classic vinyl" ignores 99.5 % of the classic rock out there, settling for a rotating group of tired old chestnuts. The cynic in me might think Payola is back, but I'm paying for it. The constant promotion of a few concert tours and repeat plays of the same songs all seem suspicious to me. My Pandora account, which I receive at home, is far better--they occasionally go out on a limb and play something I haven't heard, and the ads are short and widely spaced. Somebody's making a lot of money with Sirius and doing a lousy job of earning it.

Original review: May 28, 2018

My credit card was charged one year after I moved and closed my Sirius account. It was a credit card that I had closed so the charge was not approved. I talked to the Sirius representative and he indicated that it was an automatic charge on the renewal date even though I had closed the account a year earlier. That is a bad business practice and probably illegal as well.

Original review: May 27, 2018

Was a subscriber years ago before the merger. Okay then. My new car free 6 month subscription ended 5 months ago. I wanted to renew but googled and the voluminous complaints about billing practices stopped me in my tracks. This is a very foolish company. Went with paid Google Play and my car has Apple Play. They think they are the only game in town. Music quality with Apple Play blows Sirius away. I only wanted it for the news and sports stations. Use free IHeart radio for live news and sports shows via Apple Play.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I was on hold for almost 1 hour when I tried to cancel my service. The website by design does not allow one to cancel a subscription. I was about to hang up and just cancel my credit card when a representative finally took me off hold. With no way to cancel a subscription online and the phone ploy tactic, I will never use their service again.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I received a notice that my subscription was up and it showed my auto renewal at a 91% increase in price. I chatted with them to cancel, which was 2 months before the cancel date and they suggested I take a reduced plan. I also learned that I had a $79 credit which would be factored into the new plan. But, all this had to be done on or just before the renewal date (today) so I wouldn't lose all of the $79 credit.

I just got off the chat with them (I always do a chat with Sirius because I have needed the documentation in the past to support my case) and my $79 credit turned into a $70 credit even though I had an e-mail from them stating the credit. When I pressed them they talked with a supervisor and agreed to a $75 credit!!! By this time I was worn out, took the reduced credit and moved on. But I can tell you I will cancel the account when this one expires. To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I received a letter from Sirius indicating I was due a refund. Called the number provided to learn I had been transferred to the Philippines where a huge language barrier kicked in! When requesting the refund they asked if I would like the refund to my credit card and provided the last 4 digits, which was NOT my credit card. They asked for a new card only to find out, after providing the new card number, the refund could not be processed to that card because it did not match the card on file and therefore they would need to send a check.

After 20 minutes of complete torture I was advised I need to approve a statement about the refund. I asked for a supervisor, which was huge a mistake and the conversation went on for an additional 20 minutes. If a Sirius customer is due a refund why won't Sirius just send a refund check automatically? I called the number because I thought they would at least try and suggest options to renew the service and apply the credit to the new service. Not the case... They had no interest in that and quite frankly didn't really want to provide the refund!! Mr Meyer may want to rethink his customer service experience and how his customer service treats customers. He may also want to reconsider how to keep customers due a refund in the Sirius family with some type of promotion.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Checked renewal and found it almost doubled in price ($315/12mo) which was expected but not going to pay so we planned on cancelling completely. Called them and spoke with someone who immediately switched me to a level higher in customer care and thankfully was nice too. She did try to say she was going to give me the exact price but she quoted $6 more thinking I didn't know how much we were charged last time. I remained nice the entire time (shocking for me) but she had to back pedal when I nicely corrected her. It was not correct then say it's for "royalty fees". She asked how the service was for the 12 months. I told her it cut out in unnecessary locations like in open areas without bridges or trees but didn't complain. I let her know that on a scale of 1-10 the service was about a 6 or 7 max but also told her I know nothing is 100%.

I think in this case and always we should be nice to all but we sometimes get some real jerk customer service reps... So we can't. Aside from trying to "trick" me by saying, "We'll give you the exact as your previous amount" when that wasn't true, I'll give her an 7-8 on CS. The Reps have a job like anyone, get as much money as possible. I was prepared to walk away and bite the bullet then we'd just switch to another streaming radio service since they are no longer the only ones anymore. The reps will work with you if you politely stand your ground and treat them with respect.

In other words you exhibit basic manners of Please, Thank you and appreciate all your doing. I had a decent experience but nothing like other complaints I've read about SiriusXM. I hope Sirius takes away from my review that although the "trickery" wasn't nice and cost them a Star by almost creating drama, I think they are a decent service. SiriusXM needs to focus on real solutions. It's all about CS! I refuse to put in any account info. It's your job to do the work not make it easy on you! If I wasn't happy I'd have directly talked to upper management to handle the situation. There's too many risks with hacking into accounts so I find that no thought is going into the safety of the customer.

Original review: May 19, 2018

We were offered a trial subscription and called to activate it. It would not work. We called again. It would not work. We called again. It would not work? Get the picture? They could not get the radio to work in my car, yet every time I called, they tried to sell me a subscription. Why would anyone want a subscription to a service that doesn't work. They finally transferred me to a tech, and after holding for 15 minutes, and listening to their messages, I received a final message that said this was no longer an active Sirius number, and I could either call the new number they gave me, or go to their website. Terrible.

Original review: May 19, 2018

If you decide to cancel your service, you will have to call and speak to a representative. It took 15 minutes to get my account services shut off as the representative kept insisting that she could not understand me once she found out that I was calling to cancel. It's ridiculous that services cannot be canceled online. Perhaps, in light of so many better streaming options, Sirius is having to resort to frustrating the customer enough that they give up on canceling.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I renewed my subscription last week for $150. Now I know that was too much. Since the renewal, my app would not function. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Still didn't work. I called, and was told to reset my password. Worked once, and then not again. Yesterday morning, I was on the phone with them for one hour and fifteen minutes, fifty minutes which consisted of being on hold!!! At one point, after finally reaching technical support, she began to presumably work on the issue and then dropped the call. After so much time spent and being so angry, I did not call them again. I have never been so frustrated and wish I could just cancel and get my money back.

SiriusXM has, by far, the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I have ever experienced and that is no exaggeration. So, I uninstalled the app and reinstalled again and signed in. It works only one time and then I have to repeat that procedure each time. Ridiculous! I still may try to cancel my subscription and try to get my money back. But, at this moment, I am still steaming about my experience yesterday.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I had been a subscriber for some time. The last time I got a discounted rate by giving them my credit card to renew. They then started billing me $22.04 a month without notice. After my credit card changed, I contacted them to renew to a new plan and was told that I had a balance that I needed to pay and that they could keep me on the current ridiculous monthly rate. When I told them to cancel the service and that they could send me a bill, they kept trying to get me to give them my credit card (I refused) and then said they could sign me up to a cheaper plan that would have a very limited channel selection (that they really couldn't tell me over the phone what channels). No thanks. Best thing in dealing with a company with these sort of practices is to not deal with them, so I am.

Original review: May 14, 2018

We decided to use their service because we did a 6 month see the USA via our new SUV trip. They gave us an introductory offer of $30.00/$5.00 per month for the 6 month period. I should have known something was up when they asked for a debit/credit card to set up the one time billing/account as a prerequisite to activating the account for. Month seven and eight I noticed that they had just started billing me $22.04 a month without notice upon. I quickly contacted them and discontinued the service (I thought, right?). NEEEW -- I received another bill for the month number Nine for the same amount via email. I contacted them (a foreign outsourced customer service department) to bring their error to their attention. I was on hold for 12 minutes (guess I'm not the only disgruntled customer) and spoke with three different who tried to get me to commit to a new plan over and over again.

Finally I was told that my previous phone conversation with them had only resulted in them not billing my debit card! Really, does that make sense? They then said that they would discount my final bill! I let them know that they had already received the final bill and ended the conversation before I started talking about this young ladies' mothers nocturnal habits. We did enjoy the service but if you decide to use their service give them a one time payment and get written confirmation on the terms of the transaction.

Original review: May 11, 2018

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. I signed-up for a 12 month subscription at $5.00 in December and, after purchasing a new car (in May) I was told that the subscription I had paid for was no longer valid and that, instead of $60 for 12 months, I'd have to pony up $99 for the same thing. Their excuse? "That promotion is not currently in our system." So basically they're screwing me for buying a new car! I paid for 12 months of service, which they now refuse to honor - just because I got a new car. INEXCUSABLE! I'm telling everybody I know and also blogging extensively about this. What an awful thing to do to a customer.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I have recently discovered that SiriusXM was charging my credit card without any type of notice. Only when my card expired and I was issued another card, the next month my radio was cut off. Story goes I paid $60 for a year subscription after that I guess in the small print they were going to charge me $19.95 a month for a radio I no longer had, well 8 months of looking back on my credit card I was being charged without notice. Way to go Sirius. Y'all got me! Spoke with customer service and requested my money back. Apparently I was speaking to a 3rd world country, and pretty much told me, I screwed my self. Never again.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Wow, just called Serius XM to follow up on an ongoing case and got caught in a loop that kept sending me to the Activation department. I immediately asked to be transferred to the U.S. because I have an ongoing case and I know from a lot of past experience with your company that the call center cannot make the decisions on my account as they have informed many times. A very nasty lady told me three times that she is not sure the person she would transfer me too could help me with my case and I said "I don't need any assurance. Just transfer me to the U.S. where I have worked with two people already."

So then she transfers me to Joel who for 17 minutes told me "how do you know I can't help you?" I said "I need to follow up on my case not be activated." He kept asking me for my account information so I gave him my phone and address and he would tell me that I don't have an account and I say, "I know that's why I need to speak to someone in the US because I have an ongoing case." So then he transferred me to another person who was not able to help me. All three of those listener care are rude, especially Joel. My experience was a minus 100 but your rating system doesn't allow for the truth. I will never call your center again.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Notified Sirius that I needed to cancel subscription, leased SUV returned. Approx. 5 wks later credit card billed. Called Sirius, transferred three times, had to provide exact demographics and situation repeatedly. Told me they have no record of my original cancellation call, relatively said I was a liar. Not only was the call center extremely loud, reps did not have an acceptable command of the English language. Rep was very persistent, attempting to sell me a discounted subscription, a radio and 'enticing' me to extend. Had to tell him FIVE times, I NO longer had the SUV in my possession... He persisted. Aggressively attempted to sell me another subscription for my new auto, told him I was not interested, his pitch was borderline harassment. Finally, he cancelled after reading a lengthy sales pitch. Not customer focused. ONLY sales focused.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Their offer new subscribers good deals but after that the rates are outrageous. I signed up for the ALL ACCESS PACKAGE. It gives you access to one radio (portable or in your car) and phone. That is it! If you want to listen on your portable radio it is a NEW plan. If you want to listen on your computer? It is a extra charge and you can only listen on one device at a time. That is what you get Sirius...ly not ALL ACCESS! Now, I understand all the one (1) star reviews. If they offered a 0 you would see a lot of those. A one is being generous.

Original review: May 3, 2018

My credit card has been charged twice for the same subscription, and SiriusXM refuses to correct the problem. They said that I need to call a different department. I told them that I wasn't going to waste any more of my time with this mess, and that they were instructed to call me. Then they said there's no way for them to call customers back! I said, "Are you kidding me?? Do you really take me for some kind of idiot or fool? You all call customers all the time!!!"

I am cancelled my subscription which I have had since 2008. I am tired of their games and just want my money credit back to my account. I will NEVER patronize their business again, and will be certain to alert and put my friends and family on notice of their fraudulent and deceptive activities, and strongly recommend they not patronize any of their products. The subscription cost is already outrageous in itself. Then they add insult to injury by subjecting me and possibly others. I am going to notify our government office of consumer protection about this issue. I am guessing that I am far from the only person being taken advantage of by this mega media mogul.

Original review: April 29, 2018

WORST customer service EVER! I purchased an Onyx Plus Satellite radio on promotion a week or so ago for $9.99. It shows up and it's defective. I called yesterday and spoke to tech support. They confirmed it's defective and transferred me to another dept so we could get it replaced. The next dept says their computers are locked up and they can't create a return authorization. How freakin' convenient. They tell me to call back the next day. I call back today and now they want to charge me $80 for a replacement radio!!! $80.00 to replace a $10.00 defective radio they shipped me. Talk about a bait and switch.

Then they tell me to keep the defective radio for 30 days and call back for warranty info. So they want me to pay a subscription fee for a defective radio they shipped me that I can't even use!!! They can't do anything for me. Pay the $80 or basically go screw yourself. So canceled my subscription and now the defective radio they shipped is in the garbage. I will NEVER purchase anything directly from SiriusXM again. The absolute worst customer service experience ever.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Before the trial period that came with my new car ended, I sent a check for $61.50 to extend the service for 6 months. But my service was cut off anyway and never turned back on. I emailed Sirius and they were no help. I called and spoke to a foreign speaking woman who kept repeating I needed to troubleshoot with the dealer even though I was asking for a full refund. I never had access to the service beyond trial period, and I no longer wanted the service. She refused the refund and after much back and forth, I settled for a partial refund just to get off the phone. NEVER AGAIN!! HORRIBLE COMPANY.

SiriusXM Satellite Radio Company Information