2. Miscellaneous

SiriusXM Satellite Radio

SiriusXM Satellite Radio
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.18/5

SiriusXM Satellite Radio Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SiriusXM Satellite Radio?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sirius XM?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

There is nowhere on the website that allows you to directly cancel this service. Requires you to call a number but not operational during weekend. Then it tells you to use the texting service. Two hours later it is still asking questions, asking you to fill out a form, but never confirms cancellation. Then after two hours it starts over. It is easier to get a covid shot than cancel this service. Avoid this scam.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

I recently canceled my service after using the service for about 8 years. After trying to renew my service and being offered a ridiculous upcharge. Every 6 months you have to go thru hell trying to renew. Tired of the games and their terrible business practices of renewing your service at a higher price before they contact you that service expired. Will never go back and now they have contacted me 10 times that I owe $7.00 in the week that I canceled. This after being offered the deal I wanted after being told I couldn't get the same deal I always had but now the rep said was not being offered. Use Pandora it's free!!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

It is a couple of frustrations one after another. To start, they say you can have full access everywhere. However, they do not mention that you only can have it in one car, for the second one they offered me a "special offer" that costs 3 times what I paid for the 1-year subscription. On top of that, according to them, my car cannot tune all radios due to a bandwidth limitation my car has (although it's a 2019 Ford Edge top of the line). But it was never mentioned that possibly I could not have full access using the full access package. Then, I found out that I was supposed to have a 5-year free trial for the traffic and travel service. But, of course, there is a "but"... it was supposed to be through the dealer and there's nothing they can do to help me with. All in all, all attempts I had to try to fix my issue were useless and now I'm stuck with this one-year subscription. I would NEVER recommend this service to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

Since buying my new car in 2017, I have loved my Sirius XM subscription. I started with the free trial, but instantly found multiple stations that I really like. I was thrilled when they added the ability to stream Sirius XM on the app, so I listen at home as well. The subscription could be pricey for some, but I get my money's worth.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

I had a one-year subscription to Sirius XM that was due for auto renewal on January 24, 2021. I decided that I was no longer interested in this service and that I would cancel the subscription renewal. To ensure the automatic renewal was canceled and in accordance with the contractual agreement I entered into with Sirius XM when I paid for my one-year subscription I contacted Sirius XM on January 21, 2021. It is impossible to cancel such subscription renewals via online accounts so I was forced to enter into the Byzantine world of Sirius XM customer service. Attempts to cancel the subscription renewal by telephone were unsuccessful as I was unable to communicate with the customer service representatives. I spoke English and they spoke…. something other than English. I then attempted to bring the cancellation process to fruition by customer service chat.

After an inordinate amount of time waiting to be serviced, I was finally able to carry out my request by chat with a customer service representative, Caren. Despite my repeated insistence that I wanted to cancel my RENEWAL but not the remaining paid days on my existing subscription Caren continually presented me with alternatives to cancellation. The final offer presented to me was for a one-year renewal at a significantly reduced fee compared to the scheduled renewal fees of $21.99 per month. I stated, ad nauseum, that I WAS NOT interested in the renewal and simply wanted to cancel the auto renewal.

After presenting the final offer the representative asked permission to submit the charge to my credit card of record. I responded "NO, please quit wasting my time and cancel my renewal". The representative then asked "Is this not a good promotion for you? It is only $75.43 for the whole year until 1/22/2022". I responded "Do I need to write slower of use smaller word? NO".

I have the entire chat documented by screen shots. I specifically stated in several posts that I did not want to renew, that I did not want to have my credit card charged and that I did not want to be cheated out of the active days remaining on my PAID subscription. I even told Caren that I was going to remove the payment source from my account to guarantee no unapproved charges would be incurred. Apparently, this customer service representative could not read English, was stupid, a liar and thief or some combination of all.

I insisted I be provided a confirmation number for my requested cancellation and was assured that everything I had requested had been achieved. Immediately upon ending the chat session I logged into my Sirius XM account to remove my payment source and saw that the $75.43 unapproved charge was now reflected on my billing summary. The payment source I had previously listed was a debit card and I immediately checked by bank account and discovered the $75.43 was listed as a pending charge, causing an overdraft with this account.

This was not a misunderstanding as I clearly and continually responded with "NO" when asked if I wanted to renew. When the Caren specifically asked permission to debit my card of record I responded "NO. I am not interested. Please quit wasting my time and cancel my renewal". The entire correspondence is documented. I was not asking for a refund after failing to call in a timely manner and cancel my renewal. I called four days prior to the scheduled renewal. Accordingly, Sirius XM had NO legal, moral or fiduciary right to take funds from my account. This was theft. I specifically refused permission to access my payment source. I specifically declined to renew my subscription. I specifically stated, more than once, I simply wanted to cancel my renewal and DID NOT want my credit/debit card of record accessed.

I immediately called the customer service line for Sirius XM and initially got the typical obfuscation regarding the need to contact Sirius XM in a timely manner to cancel my subscription. I made it clear that this was not a case of buyer's remorse but a complaint regarding the theft of money from my account. This representative did effect the cancellation of the renewal and the refund of MY money. My Sirius XM online account immediately reflected this in my billing information but that DID NOT put the stolen money back into the account from which it had been criminally removed.

The representative then gave me the pro forma response regarding the 5-8 business days needed for the "refund" to be received and the stolen funds put back into my account. I stated this was an unacceptable timeline and that it was not a "refund" but the return of stolen funds. What occurred was a criminal act on the part of Sirius XM, not an unfortunate misunderstanding or clerical oversight. Their representative, acting as an agent of Sirius XM, illegally and criminally removed funds from my account after expressly and unequivocally being refused permission to do so.

I asked to speak with a supervisor and was put in contact with "Mark". I had to waste additional time bringing Mark up to speed regarding the situation. My time is valuable as well and my Kafkaesque plunge into the surreal world of Sirius XM's customer service dimension wasted a great deal of my time and patience. Mark once more explained Sirius XM's pro forma spiel of needing 5-8 business days to effect the "refund" of my money.

I interrupted Mark to explain the I was not ASKING for anything. I did not want a reduced subscription or any consideration from Sirius XM. I was not asking for a refund. I was DEMANDING the immediate return of the funds stolen from me. I insisted it be referred to as such and that in my opinion Sirius XM had committed a criminal act. I requested Mark not use the word refund regarding this situation or I would once again interrupt him and explain the difference between a refund and the return of stolen funds. MY funds, not Sirius XM's. Mark said he was going to escalate my complaint and that he would strive to ensure the return of my funds by end of business yesterday, 1/21/2021. To be fair, he made no absolute promise that such an expedited return could be effected but he hoped this timetable would come to fruition.

It is now nearly end of business on 1/22/2021 and the funds stolen from my account by Sirius XM have still not been returned. It is not a matter of whether the, hopefully, temporarily inaccessible funds will cause me serious problems. It may but I would be upset even if this were not likely. It is the principle that an agent of Sirius XM felt they could illegally access my account, steal funds and remained unscathed by their criminal actions. I use those inflammatory words purposely as I have the evidence to prove their validity.

Sirius XM's customer service department is at least partially staffed by liars and thieves. It is not my intent to paint all Sirius XM staff and employees with a broad brush as I am sure my characterization does not apply to many. Nevertheless, at least one committed a criminal act and stole funds from me and as an agent of Sirius XM it follows that Sirius XM committed a criminal act and stole funds from me. Such acts reflect badly on Sirius XM and failure to ensure such acts do not occur in the future would be tantamount to Sirius XM suborning dishonest and illegal activities simply for the purpose of increasing illicit subscriptions and the resultant profits.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

So my signal keeps going in and out so I contacted them and they tried three times to send a refresh signal and all three times after sending the signal it still did the same thing but it didn’t do it yesterday. They said that’s all they can do. I love once they get your money they can’t help you after that. Don’t waste your time or money. I will not renew. Terrible service.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

My husband has spent at least three hours trying to get a credit to our account prior to tonight. He is currently on with the 7th representative tonight after being disconnected while being transferred to someone who can help him. We recently purchased two new vehicles that came with six months of free Sirius XM. When we talked to someone in November, and again 3 weeks ago, they said we would be credited those months and not have a payment until April. We were charged for the full amount regardless and trying to get credited has been a nightmare. We are on ninth rep now giving the same info over and over again. They talk in circles trying to confuse us when we have it in black and white. We are normally very patient people but this is ridiculous. We are ready to cancel with them all together once our free trial is over. This seems to happen every time we get a new car. I’m pretty sure they charge you in the hopes you don’t catch it and pay it. In this case they over charged us $189.00.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

I have repeatedly tried to cancel service with this company since Aug 2020. I had 2 vehicles with them. Sold my other one in October. Called them then. ALWAYS talked to some foreigner who could barely understand English!! Kept getting renewals in the mail and being charged for services in which I did not have no wish to have. Each time calling you were switched to numerous departments and stayed on the phone for hours. Finally in a chat I was helped and resolved the matter. Her name was Jackyn must have been an American that understood my frustration. I will never use this company ever again. Every time you attempt to cancel they try and drop the price or extend your service and wouldn't cancel you then send you a enormous bill later each time I requested it be cancelled.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

I recently purchased a new vehicle in which Siriusxm came preinstalled with a trial subscription. My free trial expires in February and I tried to contact customer service to ask specific questions about future billing. There is no way to talk to an actual human being. I want to purchase an entire year at once and not be billed automatically every month. Apparently this is impossible to do. I refuse to give control of my credit card to a company that it would be difficult to cancel or stop them from billing me. It's a deal breaker. I would purchase a subscription but refuse to let them auto renew/auto bill me. The channels I listen to have repetitive playlists and I don't see value there at full price.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

I cannot begin to relate how hard it is to communicate with SiriusXM. Try to cancel an account and you may be lied to, cut off, mislead, or misdirected. The resolution to which you might reluctantly agree to is not the resolution documented in your account. You will be asked to ID yourself in so many ways it becomes a JOKE! Enter all ** and the rep may say, oh yeah your account is right here!

My advice is to use the new car with XM and never set up an account, NEVER put a billing CC or Debit card on file. Listen to what questions are asked and do not say YES on the phone after they read the disclaimer. It is hard to believe that a seemingly reputable company would act this way, but when I logged into this review there were 91 REVIEWS and all of them are ONE star! So beware.

SiriusXM Satellite Radio Company Information