1.14/5
Based on 193 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

2466 SiriusXM Satellite Radio Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 19, 2018

SiriusXM needs to be investigated for being a company with shady business practices. In May 2018, I contacted them by phone to ask them to please cancel and to remove my billing information for auto-renewal and to stop contacting me asking me to renew. I said flat out I had no interest in auto renewing. The representative said that he would remove my billing information and that the service would not auto-renew, that it would simply stop working in my car. Fast forward to today and I notice an email stating that it was auto renewed and that I owed money. I immediately contacted them only to be told by multiple representatives that the charges are valid.

I asked them to play me the recording of my conversation back in May since conversations are recorded. This would immediately prove that they are wrong. They kept cutting me off and just repeating over and over that the charges are valid based on the previous notes. I never authorized these charges and I see that I’m not the only customer with these complaints. This business should be investigated for doing this to so many people. The level of incompetence, unprofessionalism and shadiness is like nothing I’ve ever seen before in a company. To add insult to injury, you’re lucky if you even speak to someone that can speak and understand proper English.

Original review: July 17, 2018

It is fun listening to radio of yesteryear. If you sign up for the six month package as I did be careful. Know your expiration date, mark your calendar. They do a very good job sending you a weekly listening list, but rot at sending you a reminder your account package is getting ready to expire. I got a notice they could not charge my account because I lost my card and was reissued a new card. My 6 month account went from 35.00 for 6 months to 20.00 A MONTH. No notice of what they intend on doing, they were just going to do it. They notify you if you have 1 or 2 year accounts. But they DO NOT notify the 6 month accounts so you can act. In my mind this is poor business practice and a practice to take advantage of their customers. Never less to say the older generation that do not remember their expiration date.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 11, 2018

Sirius can't be trusted. I spoke to a representative today about extending my complimentary subscription for six months for $30.00. Just got billed for $112.00. What a rip off company, cancelled immediately.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I purchased a VERY nice can and came with 1 year trial, they had problems with the stereo and we installed a new one and they WOULD NOT TRANSFER MY 1 year trial, they said it went with other system and new one only has 3 month free trial IF I pay $20.99 at end on trial (confused!!!) On hold and treated HORRIBLE!!! Was so upset, I have email after email with different prices, and that I have an account for 1 year trial. VERY CONFUSED!!! They said should of been communicated each radio has different trials... WOW, so many excuses. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY!!! IT IS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE AND PRODUCT!

Original review: July 6, 2018

Horrible company, prices are ridiculous as everybody gets different pricing. I had it in my vehicle and about 30 percent of the time it cuts in and out. If you try and cancel they just shuffle you around to different departments in hopes that you become frustrated and just hang up. All their plans automatically renew at then current rates so you have to call in to cancel. The automatic renewal can be taken off but only if your original trial period is over and you are on A paid subscription, which of course they will not willingly tell you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sirius XM?

Original review: July 5, 2018

I have tried over the last year to cancel my service with them, horrible reps with thick accents I cannot understand, very frustrating. I am told they will cancel my service and issue a refund and they never do! I had to put a claim in through my bank but they still are billing me! I haven't had service in over 8 mos! Terrible customer service, when they put you on hold it is loud static! No resolution as of yet, another morning wasted on hold with a lady I cannot understand. So frustrating and I don't know what else to do!

Original review: July 2, 2018

Come on Sirius, you're big enough to employee actual English speaking reps! I can communicate through charades better than to your customer service reps over the phone. I called to cancel service because the vehicle was sold, I stated that multiple times during the conversation and yet your rep still had to ask why am I canceling? Then they transfer me to another rep to basically save the acct, not sure how or why - I sold the car... hmmm?? Anyways, Sirius get on the ball here, try to employ in the USA. When my confirmation code was read back to me I could not understand the rep and had to try 5 times for a different word, you do know that a military phonetic listing is free - all you have to do is search for it. I will not use nor pay for service that I have for free via the AM/FM, if all else fails I'll just open the sunroof and listen to the white noise of wind...

Original review: June 29, 2018

I canceled my SiriusXM account. The process itself was frustrating and lengthy. Not only did I have to call in, but the representative refused to cancel my account until I turned down her "three great offers" for a less expensive string of stations. Finally she confirmed my cancellation with a confirmation... and then asked if I wanted to sign back up. A week later I began receiving phone calls from a 630 phone number. The second day of receiving calls I picked up and guess who?! It's Sirius asking if I want to sign up for another offer. I told them not to call me back. For the past three nights they have called me between 7-8 pm when I am trying to wind down and relax with family. I called back and told them to put me on the "do not call list" which they initially refused until I asked for a manager. Please, please please... avoid this company. They are desperate for customers and willing to do anything, including harassing you even after you ask them to stop.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I couldn't be more upset and frustrated with SiriusXM! They are terrible and do not care about their customers or the service they provide. I have tried over and over again but everything is a hurdle with them. They'd prefer to see more negative reviews online than to fix the problem and make their customers happy! They are too big to give a darn! Stay away from them.

Original review: June 28, 2018

SiriusXM has great channels with great musical setlists. If only they would play! As I leave my house to go to work, the app starts out trying to connect to my home WiFi. It finds it about the time I am leaving my neighborhood and plays 5-10 seconds of a song. Then "Trying to Connect." "Searching for Signal." "Connection Lost." "Technical Difficulties." "That channel is unavailable." It seems like it has 100 ways to say, "I can't find the WiFi from your house and have not yet figured out that you have WiFi in your vehicle." So I drive to work in silence while it tries, unsuccessfully, to find a signal, a connection, a channel, even though I'm in a huge metropolitan area with a mobile WiFi hotspot IN MY CAR. Finally, it may or may not find a signal and play part of a song before disconnecting again and giving me a whole new string of error messages. This is the worst "service" ever -- such a disappointment.

Original review: June 28, 2018

My free trial was up in my brand new vehicle I had bought. The past month SiriusXM had been sending emails stating "3 months for 99 dollars." I call today to activate this service and they tell me this is not available and said I have a 2006 vehicle. I do not own a 2006 with XM radio nor have I ever had an account with them. I spoke to three different people and a supervisor. None would help me and did not want to try to save my business. Very deceptive company with their advertising tactics. BE AWARE of this scam.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Very frustrated to be charged a monthly service to listen to music on my computer. Then they launch a "new & improved" platform that flat out doesn't work. Specifically - doesn't show what's playing, super onerous to change to a different station (assuming you know the number ~ even worse if you don't), keystrokes in other programs cause the music to jump, change stations or suddenly freeze.

When I complained, they said it "wasn't designed for Windows 10 nor Google Chrome" and suggested I go back to a previous version of Windows and use Explorer! Sure, as soon as you discard your iPhone 10 and go back to an analog brick phone! While this has been going on for three weeks "and is a well documented problem", they refused to refund any part of my service fee. When questioned how much longer, he said "they're working from 8 ~ 5 M-F to resolve this" ~ gee, glad they aren't working for NASA. "Sorry, astronauts - you hold your breath through the weekend and we'll work on this Monday - maybe!"

Original review: June 25, 2018

I wanted to handle a billing dispute with SiriusXM as I have multiple cars with this radio, I also did not receive my promised incentive. Being placed on hold for over an hour for 6 different calls all because Sirius is not willing to hire people that speak decent English. It is very hard to do business with them.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I have had an account with Sirius since 2005, and with 2 radios for about 10 years. My old car did not have direct access to Sirius so I had a radio and antenna in the car. I totaled the car in March; bought another car in April. Told Sirius to remove old radio and transfer to new car. They charged me $25 for 'installation' in the car... even though my account is 13 years old. They also told me that I will receive a 3 month 'trial' all access subscription for my car. I've been billed a HIGHER monthly rate since the installation charge- they haven't missed a beat with billing.

So I called today and asked why I am still being billed when my account shows that I have 3 mo trial period. She said 'you still have another radio'. No one ever cancelled my other radio. She said I would need to talk to another department, transferred me, then the phone hung up on me. I have not called that company but a very few times during my subscription period of 13 years, but I can honestly say that each time I have called I have received some of the worst service of any company in the world. They owe me a substantial refund, and who knows how I will obtain it when they hang up on me.

Original review: June 23, 2018

The worst runaround ever! After several 'online chat sessions', I finally got it across to them that I didn't want service so they gave me a phone number to call (888-601-6302) where they tried to tried to sell me everything from roadside assistance to cable TV - about a dozen sales pitches later (that required I hit # to say I didn't want) a human came on the line who couldn't help me. Hung up. I found another 'Customer Care' number and was told cancellation was not 'in her scope'. I got testy and was put on hold and, after I getting transferred several times to several people, someone claimed to have the authority to close the account. My new car includes 6 months free - I won't activate just to avoid these people.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I canceled two of my subscriptions a month ago, while doing so asked about my Military Veteran Discount. I was told that there my current plan was larger than the Military Discount. Before hanging up I was asked if I wanted a free XM Radio. I said no as there is nothing free. Their agent replied, "No Sir, there is charge, it's just free." Move on to a couple of days ago, I was reviewing my XM Radio even though it was not activated. This irritated me when they told me that the billing was correct. I canceled all my accounts and would recommend to any potential subscriber to be aware of this company! I would rate them a zero if I could. They don't deserve the 1 star!

Original review: June 21, 2018

BEWARE "LIFETIME" subscription is a SCAM! I purchased a "Lifetime" subscription in 09' for over $600, when the company was struggling and I wasn't even sure they would stay in business but after speaking with the agent WHO GUARANTEED this was for a lifetime! No guarantee they'd stay in business but I bought it and it was truly a good product. Fast forward to 2018 I go to transfer to my new car and guess what "NEW" RULE not transferable if the car has it in the radio WHAT NEW CAR DOESN'T! It's a SCAM. BEWARE!! Don't buy it!!

Original review: June 18, 2018

I always have to spend tons of time straightening out my account every time it expires. They renew without my authorization. I have always requested an invoice instead of auto-renewal. If you get auto renewal it is always billed as package you didn't originally order. If you call customer service, you get the complete run around. I just got special for a new radio at $60 but I was charged $117 for another new car I just renewed. When I asked why I got nothing but a run around. These people are corrupt and worst company I have ever dealt with in my life. You have to threaten to cancel to get billing straightened out. JUST NOT RIGHT!!

Original review: June 18, 2018

When I first started off it was a pretty good value, a bit pricey but worth it. Then they removed one of the main channels I signed up for, then a few months later the other. I reduced my membership to a lower tier since there was no longer any point in paying for the highest. Then they changed a couple of other channels I liked to premium content only, meaning you had to pay for that specific channel just to get it. I discontinued one of my two radios and sent a letter to Sirius to let them know the more you cut back on channels, raise prices, and turn previously packaged channels into previous channel the LESS I will spend, not MORE. Each money grab they make to get more money makes me spend LESS.

Of my one remaining radio I am now at the lowest basic level of service. The funny thing is, it's not a money issue. I could afford both radios at their top tier prices by why would I? I refuse to reward these "squeeze plays" where you get less service for more money. The only logical course of action is to punish them by spending less. Every few months I get something in mail from Sirius asking me to reactivate my second radio. Each time this arrives, I review the channel lineup and each time I see less reasons to do so.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I have had nothing but headaches and signal loss with Sirius. First I had 7 days of constant signal loss, this mentioned calling the company and speaking to individuals in Cairo, India, Philippines etc. Most of the time the individual was not only difficult to understand but they would assure me that the signal would now stay on. Total lie, a few hours later back to calling them because signal was lost. This has gone on for over a week and no one seems to care. I finally canceled my subscription. Save yourself a lot of headaches and go to Spotify or something else, Sirius is on the way of the DODO bird and it serves them right for such terrible customer service. Did I mention how many times I would call and could not reach anyone.

Original review: June 12, 2018

We were given 6 months free radio. Only got 3 in 2 separate cars in 2 different years. They take your credit card and charge you whenever they want. Paying for commercials is crazy, I get commercials for free on regular radio. If you want to cancel the contract, you end up calling several numbers and are kept on hold for up to 30, it took me over an hour to get the contract canceled.

Original review: June 9, 2018

This should be a free service for the kind of service you get from SiriusXM. I have nothing good to say about them based on my experiences. First of all, there is no or very little variety of the music on the channels. I'm hearing the same set of 15 songs that I heard last year on the same channels. That's pathetic since you have to pay for this service. I can just listen to regular FM radio if I want to hear the same songs over and over. Then the channels you like they get rid of. They need to change it up some and play different music. The sound and audio quality on my car radio-I have a Kia Optima and my wife has a Kia Forte is horrible at best.

The FM sounds ok, but satellite radio sounds terrible. It sounds tinny like AM radio and there is no bass to it. The sound is not full and it doesn't even sound like it's broadcast in stereo. It just sounds like some cheaping streaming service. They really need to update and improve on sound quality for car radios. Then, the billing issues-they are horrible. They will bill your credit card over and over even after you made your payment. They are crooks. So, all in all, avoid SiriusXM. It is let down after let down.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I got an email from a CC that I had NEVER USED & never given out the number to anyone, saying that I had a minimum payment due, so after checking what was going on, it was a charge from SiriusXM for $228.03 for an annual subscription to their service. The charge was made on May 30th 2018, yet I had already renewed my annual subscription in March for $70.90 on a VALID CC. I immediately canceled my service with them! What a bunch of scumbags!

Original review: May 29, 2018

I got SiriusXM Satellite Radio on Feb 25 for 6 months for $70.00. They sent me an email stating my 6 months are up May 29th. Then come to find out someone is tied to my account I don’t know!!! Now I wanted to renew it going to be $170 for 6 months. Their prices are never the same! Period! How do these people stay in business. Go to Apple Play for less $$ and consistent pricing. SiriusXM They do business like a used car dealer!!! Screwing the customer every chance. There is a reason why they just say 50% off instead of giving you a price!! Hope you guys go out of business!!! Rip off!!!

Original review: May 29, 2018

I got a free 6-month subscription with my new car. After 6 months, it ran out and stopped working. I purchased a 3-month renewal at a very reasonable rate, but the yearly cost was outrageous, so I didn't intend to renew. I'm not in the car enough to warrant paying such high prices to listen to (almost) commercial free radio. In the meantime, my credit card number was stolen (damn you Facebook ads!) and I had to get a new number. After the 3-months, I stopped getting the radio feed and just let things expire. They apparently tried to auto-bill my card! I don't remember anything about automatic renewal. I may have missed it, but whatever. It stopped, they couldn't bill me, it was fine by me.

Then the calls started. Over and over and over. I had already been getting a lot of email, but apparently since that didn't work, they switched to phone calls. The one time I answered, I got a woman who, after I told her I wasn't interested in renewing, said, "Okay, but there is the matter of your balance owed that needs to be settled." Balance OWED? On a 3-month subscription that stopped working at the end of 3 months? I certainly did not get any more "free" radio after it expired. They're very efficient at canceling the service when you don't pay. Nothing else seems to be efficient, though, unless you count the phone calls. Over and over and over and over.

After a while, I got annoyed. I actually paid for RoboKiller to stop the calls. That worked for a while, but now they're using rotating phone numbers that are getting through. I block one, and they call with another. This is really quite annoying. I told them to stop calling and they rattled off (really faster than I could hear) something about taking 10 days to get through the system and up to some other period of time for the calls to actually stop.

This has been going on since November 2017 and it's the end of May 2018 and they are still harassing me. My trial ended in July 2017 and I renewed for 3 months. The emails started right after the 3-month period and the calls started in November. I intend to write to the dealership and car manufacturer to express how much their "free trial" has cost me in time and aggravation. I will NEVER ever purchase Sirius XM again. It just isn't worth the money and certainly isn't worth the aggravation.

Original review: May 28, 2018

My wife and I live in an area that doesn't get reliable FM radio in the categories we like--mainly classical and classic rock. When we got a new car 10 months ago, we decided to try SiriusXM radio. We signed up for the basic package, which gives us a few stations that sounded interesting, including one classical station and several stations that broadcast "classic" rock. The rest are of no interest to us--like most cable TV stations. We are very disappointed.

In the first place, the "curators" on most of the stations seem to play the same things over and over. In 10 months, I've heard Lou Reed twice, Joni Mitchell once, and Wilco once. But, every day, we get a barrage of (usually the same songs by) the Eagles, Dire Straits, Steve Miller, and Creedence. This would be ok if it was just one station, but all of the stations seem to do the same thing. They might as well put a few dozen songs on a rotation, like commercial radio, and do away with the inane chatter that also repeats over and over. Certain bands that have ongoing tours get a lot of attention (currently U2), while others are completely ignored (where's the National, Phosphorescent, the Avett Brothers, the Felice Brothers, etc., none of which I've heard more than once or twice in 10 months).

The "classic vinyl" ignores 99.5 % of the classic rock out there, settling for a rotating group of tired old chestnuts. The cynic in me might think Payola is back, but I'm paying for it. The constant promotion of a few concert tours and repeat plays of the same songs all seem suspicious to me. My Pandora account, which I receive at home, is far better--they occasionally go out on a limb and play something I haven't heard, and the ads are short and widely spaced. Somebody's making a lot of money with Sirius and doing a lousy job of earning it.

Original review: May 28, 2018

My credit card was charged one year after I moved and closed my Sirius account. It was a credit card that I had closed so the charge was not approved. I talked to the Sirius representative and he indicated that it was an automatic charge on the renewal date even though I had closed the account a year earlier. That is a bad business practice and probably illegal as well.

Original review: May 27, 2018

Was a subscriber years ago before the merger. Okay then. My new car free 6 month subscription ended 5 months ago. I wanted to renew but googled and the voluminous complaints about billing practices stopped me in my tracks. This is a very foolish company. Went with paid Google Play and my car has Apple Play. They think they are the only game in town. Music quality with Apple Play blows Sirius away. I only wanted it for the news and sports stations. Use free IHeart radio for live news and sports shows via Apple Play.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I was on hold for almost 1 hour when I tried to cancel my service. The website by design does not allow one to cancel a subscription. I was about to hang up and just cancel my credit card when a representative finally took me off hold. With no way to cancel a subscription online and the phone ploy tactic, I will never use their service again.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I received a notice that my subscription was up and it showed my auto renewal at a 91% increase in price. I chatted with them to cancel, which was 2 months before the cancel date and they suggested I take a reduced plan. I also learned that I had a $79 credit which would be factored into the new plan. But, all this had to be done on or just before the renewal date (today) so I wouldn't lose all of the $79 credit.

I just got off the chat with them (I always do a chat with Sirius because I have needed the documentation in the past to support my case) and my $79 credit turned into a $70 credit even though I had an e-mail from them stating the credit. When I pressed them they talked with a supervisor and agreed to a $75 credit!!! By this time I was worn out, took the reduced credit and moved on. But I can tell you I will cancel the account when this one expires. To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity.

SiriusXM Satellite Radio Company Information