1.09/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

SiriusXM Satellite Radio

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 14, 2017

2306 SiriusXM Satellite Radio Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I am filing a formal complaint as to unnecessary difficulty in canceling service. Every Time you call into customer care it clearly says that we can visit website for ALL of our services needs. Due to work hours I been trying to log in online at night and every time I do it's down for maintenance. So this weekend I log in earlier in day and find it's impossible to cancel without calling! SO then I call and of course I'm offered various promotions to keep service. Why is it necessary in this day and age to inconvenience the customer and hassle them in this way just for canceling my service. My service could have been canceled a few weeks ago if I knew only way was on the phone but the automated IVR system says that I could apparently do everything online which is untrue. I am highly disappointed.

I was not planning on being a customer anyway but to see how and unfriendly this procedure is I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Not to mention price is not worth the service, especially when quality is worst than radio. I can't listen to radio anywhere. I am at with obstructions which based on my circumstances is in many locations in my area. I'll stick to free radio. I also tried sending them an email directly. They have no direct email only an online form that fails to submit! Now I'll make sure they hear me by posting this on this site.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Buyers beware!! SIRIUS rips off by billing in advance for what they think you will use. I paid $54.64 July 5, 2017 to cover July, August and September 2017. I called August 11th to notify Sirius of a broken radio. They said they would send me another; once received I could call to activate. I never opened the box, never called to activate yet they claim "their system is not set up to refund the time Sirius services were not used." I offered to mail the unused radio, not opened, to provide proof of not using services. Gave up trying after being on the phone for an hour. Plus it took 30 minutes just to ask for service cancellation???

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

The radio stations are very good, however, having SiriusXM in your wallet at their discretion is not. It is very bewildering to me how one customer can have a subscription for $20 for 6 months (that is $20 total for all 6 months) and the next customer is being charged $30 per month). SiriusXM wants freedom to your bank account to withdraw payment and they will do so and withdraw an increase rates without notification. They will claim they notified you but I will guarantee you will never receive notification. When you request they disconnect service, they will ignore your request and continue withdrawing from your bank account until you have to freeze your bank account and get new account numbers. They are worse than the mob. How they continue to operate is beyond me.

It seems to me their method of operation is illegal. I agreed to a certain amount of money for a certain service and then all of a sudden my bank account is being drained and I am being told I paying several times what I initially agreed to pay. Finally, after the disconnect is complete, they begin calling our home relentlessly to reconnect the service but they won't talk to me, they call and request to speak with my husband. Now they just hang up if I answer the phone. They offered to reconnect the service for $5/per mo. for him. No fairness, no ethics, crooked company.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I had a trial 3 month membership for $30. Or maybe it was 6 months for $30. Either way, I could not remember if my membership automatically renews or not so I called. I was told not to worry and my service will just stop working and if I want to continue just call or go online. Yesterday I get a call from a COLLECTION AGENCY saying I owe $18 for unpaid services in September for SiriusXM. I was shocked and thinking, "Seriously, they sent me to collections for only $18 without even contacting me first!?" On their website under FAQs it clearly states that trials DO NOT automatically renew! After a little less than half hour being bounced around to different people I finally get this taken care of... but not before trying to be sold a 1 year trial for $20 for the hassle. Yeah right, forget you guys. Bad business ethics.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Finally cancelled after 10 years - I've been renewing at 6 month intervals and was aware that today was the end of the current cycle. By the time I could call, they had already charged me for over twice my last subscription price. I told them I wanted the same rate as last time, but of course, they first tried for a full year, then backed off to another 6 month term. This was still $6-$7 more than the last renewal.

Prior to that, I wrote their "Customer Feedback" forum to say that I didn't think it appropriate to hear commercials on a service for which all were paying a subscription. Their response was that they "don't consider commercials inappropriate". Of course they don't... They're making more money. Never mind that the subscriber doesn't like them, it's all about them. Just pay them and go away.

When I called to cancel, I told him that I wanted a further credit for the poor attitude regarding their view on commercials. He said he couldn't do that. I cancelled my service at that point. Evidently, they'd rather lose subscribers rather than listen to their dislikes and accept less for service. I'm done with them. Judging from the other posts I've read here, I'd better continue to check to make sure my account is actually cancelled. Such poor marketing and customer retention policies.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sirius XM?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I received a "3 month trial" for SiriusXM after buying a used car. Had problems and distractions, but finally got it "activated" 3.5 weeks later. They won't give me credit for those weeks. Had to repeatedly tell them not to call my office number. Always trying to sell me something. When I'd call or go online, sometimes it would say "doesn't recognize your phone number." One rep could find my account, the next one could not pull up my account by my phone number. They said dealer was supposed to activate signal. I talked to 3 different SiriusXM employees - nobody would give me credit for those unused weeks since the trial was activated. Sending signal is part of "process" not the true activation. Poor customer service - the good thing is will save me grief later. Not even considering buying their package after all the negative reviews! Phone connections were poor - felt like they overseas.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

2 weeks ago, the radio started turning off every 45 minutes. I reset the password and everything was fine. In the past 48 hours, 5 calls to "tech support", and now I'm locked out of EVERYTHING. I called to cancel the service. "Hector" tried talking me into a radio, and tried talking out of canceling. In the end I canceled and I'll be getting a refund for the 1 month remaining. The guy was nice. SiriusXM software SUCKS ASS. Not ready for primetime. SELL YOUR STOCK NOW!!!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I have 2 XM receivers, one in each vehicle. The one in my Mini-Cooper never works right. The one in my other vehicle works fine. If the Mini car sits for even a few days every time I get in the car I have to call to get a refresh of the signal. Despite paying for service, I am not receiving it. They suck money out of my account monthly but fail to provide the service.

After talking to one of the little Filipino ladies who could do nothing but apologize, I requested to speak to a representative in the U.S. This was also a waste of time. All the lady kept talking about was how I lost the signal. I explained I had not lost a signal as I am still getting the channel telling me to activate my subscription. I was finally given a number for technical support. Upon calling the number I found it was for their Transportation Department. The guy in Canada offered to connect me to technical support. After waiting through numerous announcements they hung-up on me. Looks like no one cares. Looks like I am about to become a former customer.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I called to inform this company that they have my address in error and are sending mail to me that does not belong to me. I now have access to the previous owner's private information. I thought they would like to know so that they can make a change. They refused, saying they needed approval from the previous owner. If they had simply offered to take the time to contact the previous owner to let them know of the problem, I wouldn't be writing this review. As is that's 20 minutes wasted trying to get an address changed. Imagine how they deal with bigger issues.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I created an account on ConsumerAffairs just to review SiriusXM. This company has the most incompetent customer service that I have EVER encountered. It is incomprehensible to me that this company cannot better train their employees and/or create a better system to handle the simple customer request to move a subscription from one car to another! I spent 30 minutes with one employee (who could barely speak English) trying to transfer my subscription from my former car to my new car. She was only able to screw the account up enough that when I called back (after being put on hold and forgotten) that the new CSR informed me (over an additional 20 minutes) that the account information for the previous car no longer exists. What the holy hell?

I was also informed that the Radio ID - LISTED ON THE LETTER FROM SIRIUSXM - is not recognized by them as having ever existed. How can Sirius send me a renewal notice with an ID number and then when I call to renew, tell me that number does not exist? For my sanity, I had to end the call and hope that I can call back at another time to reach someone who has some ability to perform actual customer service.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I bought a lifetime license on one of our Sirius Radios, we have had 3-4 subscriptions for over 10 years now... when I wanted to transfer that license to a new car that we bought, they told me there would be a 75 dollar transfer fee. I told them that it was an unfair policy and if they persisted that I would cancel my other subscriptions. They told me too bad, but this was their policy. I have cancelled the other subscriptions and will NEVER do business with these corporate vultures again.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I have had SiriusXM for almost 5 years. Over the last two years I have felt the content was less and the Zyppah commercials were continuous. I mainly listen to channel 84 which is College Sports. My morning show had been replaced with The First Team with Greg McElroy who is new to radio and I just am not particularly fond of his style. Well, I wasn't driving one of our cars at all and felt that having the Sirius subscription was a waste. I called and talked to a foreign agent for about 30 minutes. I told him that I didn't like the service so much these days and I simply wasn't driving the car. I had to demand to stop my service at least three times to get him to let me out of the service. Well, the next months were hell! I got no less than 10 calls to my cell and to my home phone asking me to restart. I threatened to stop the service on the other 2 cars if they bothered me again and eventually they left me alone.

I considered dropping my service but was going to simply not renew on my current car. Well, yesterday they called and said that my current credit card didn't work. Thought that was a blessing and that would end the nightmare! No! They called again and again. Always a very thick Indian accent but good English. I listened long enough yesterday and I said I was glad the card they had on file was expired. Not so fast! He told me that I was still being billed even though it was no good and I had to pay the $19 for the first month in order to get out of it. We went back and forth for 15 minutes. I wanted them to send me a bill. They said I had to pay now in order for it to be cancelled. I eventually gave in and gave them a new credit card and said I only would allow for the $19 to be charged. Everything seemed alright but then at the end he said it would renew after 1 month for a year.

I went ballistic! I said I want out and he said I have to talk to customer service. I had to restart the process with the second person and every time that I said "cancel", they said "renew". I yelled quite a bit and finally got to the third person. She was nice and said she was going to take away the $19 charge due to my frustration and inconvenience. But then she said it! Renew in 1 month. I actually begged her to stop my service that minute and that at this point I hated their company. It stopped yesterday and I think the nightmare is over. God Bless anyone who wants out!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

SiriusXM is a seriously flawed company. Now that they have no competition they do whatever it is that they want including not refunding overcharges they promise their subscribers. One week after my SiriusXM account automatically renewed I phoned them and discussed the renewal rate with them. I told them if they don't lower the annual rate that I would cancel. They offered me a "promotional" rate $97.41 lower than the $213.76 I had been charged and I signed on to it. I was told the refund would be made to my credit card.

They lied! They never made the refund. 5 weeks later they lied to me once again when I phoned them to complain about not having received the credit on my charge card. They told me the credit had been made then in the next sentence they ask for my credit card number. What do they need that for if they had already credited me the refund. In other words they were lying all along. What a shabby business. If I were to take money from my clients and not refund any credits promised I'd be getting calls from the local sheriff's department. SiriusXM's business acts on the edge of criminality. I intend to pursue this.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I received a FREE six months of this service then I bought my 2016 Kia. I renewed it the first year for $99.00, then I cancelled as the rate was way too high. I have tried to cancel it a half dozen times, instead I keep getting phone calls from very hard to understand foreigners that are trying to collect $250.00. I finally speak to one that speaks audible English and renew for a much lower rate, they will bill me instead of charging my credit card. And guess what? The phone calls continue, as many as four a day. This is insane! Leave me alone! I will never, never, never use this service again. Use a free stream and your Bluetooth, instead avoid, avoid, avoid this company.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I recently leased a new 2017 Equinox which came with a trial 3 months of Sirius XM. I called customer service after the 3 month trial service ended to transfer my life time subscription of Sirius XM from my old vehicle to the new vehicle. Customer service informed me that once I transferred my service to one vehicle it stays with that vehicle until canceled. I had this service for over 15 years on a Sportster 4 before transferring it to first vehicle. Nice way to treat a long term customer! I will never do business with Sirius XM ever again and will advise others to stay clear of Sirius XM as well!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

Sirius deserves the horrible rating it receives. Here's another reason for outcry. Have they ever thought: Perhaps the customer is right... On April 11, 2017 I began a new 2017 Ford car lease that comes with 6 months free Sirius service. As in the past when I take a new Ford car lease, I notified Sirius that I no longer had a 2015 Ford and now had a 2017 Ford with its free six months Sirius service. Sirius claims they have no record of my 2015 cancellation... And yet, I called several times speaking to account services, then billing department and again, cancellation department. They did not have note of my calls canceling 2015 contract's service and so billed me $308 on my credit card despite my previous calls.

My credit card was billed on August 16 for renewal of the old 2015 contract. Nearly an hour on the phone today with the above departments. I will not be given credit for the 4 months of my 2015 contract, despite having turned it in 4 months before the contract ended! No apologies, no attempt to give this longtime customer any consideration! Sirius needs serious competition.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

These guys offer free trial period with free cars, and insist on a credit card number to get it. They then auto bill you forever at their highest rate of $54.46 per 3 months. I didn't catch this on my credit card until the third bill, and called them to claim a refund. They said they could only look back 30 days and there was no way to look back or refund for further back in the year. I inquired how they possibly could have my consent on file if they couldn't even look back 30 days and was given the run around. I am extremely unhappy with this company. I would have settled for half of the $164 I have paid them this year, since I feel I should have caught it earlier, but they refused to work with me at all.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

Under no circumstances should you ever, ever, ever give them your cc number. They will continue to charge your card - and as others have said if you try to cancel they will hassle you, call you, email you, etc. etc. etc. I had to send a letter of cease and desist in order for them to stop bugging me. They informed me the letter is only good for "3 years" and within one month they emailed and told me they would offer me a free month.

I received 3 months FREE with the new vehicle I purchased and when the free months were up, I got ready to stroke the check to renew. After knowing what others experienced with their credit cards... I knew I didn't want to give them my cc number. As I was about to write the check, I read the "fine print" and it stated there would be a "service fee" for processing the check. I said, "To heck with that." I'll use my old fashion iPod.

On a recent trip, I was listening to my iPod for 8 hours straight and all the sudden it cut off. I cannot prove this, but honestly believe that SiriusXM somehow is monitoring my iPod/radio usage and cut the iPod off. I took my vehicle into the repair shop to see what could be wrong and the iPod worked fine. STAY AWAY (far - far - far) away from SiriusXM - I cannot believe they still exist with as many poor reviews as they have.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

Would give zero stars, if allowed. Frustrating company. A ripoff. Was given a free "trial" subscription when I purchased a new vehicle. Told I would have 140 stations of music, etc. Never got anything, although I could see by my account online that the 36-month free service clock was ticking down to when the subscription would expire. When I contacted them, they said I only had something called "Traffic" and "Travel." That it was a "wonderfully seamless integration system" that warned us about road construction!

Not music. No 140 stations. Nope! We got nothing. No Sirius service whatsoever. They then insisted I needed to buy a service if I wanted music... but was lucky to get a promotional price! Then they said that "Oops," they had our address wrong, although we get junk promotional mail from them almost daily! Still, we were only qualified for Traffic and Travel Service. Music would cost us up to $100. I told them to cease all mail and email promotions... that, we no longer wanted anything to do with Sirius Radio. I wish I had read these reviews, prior to wasting my time with these jokers. Steer clear of Sirius Radio. A ripoff!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I got a free 3 month subscription to Sirius Radio with my new car. I decided to extend it for a few months. When I tried to cancel I had to CALL them. I could not do it online. When I called it took 20 minutes to get the service cancelled because the guy on the phone kept trying to convince me to stay. I told him I did not like the selection of music they offered. He kept saying Sirius has 120 channels and surely there must be something I would like. Considering about half the channels are news and sports, majority of the rest I don't like, they play the same songs over and over and have a TON of commercials. There was no incentive to stay. Why doesn't Sirius just let customers cancel online. I really did not have time to talk to someone and had to get really angry in order for him to cancel the service.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

It came with my car when I bought it, turned it on a few times. I appreciated the free trial but wasn't really planning on subscribing. Everything was fine, then the salesperson called. At first we were just going through simple questions. How do I like it, etc. but after reading the comments I feel so lucky that he called me when I was about to be late for work and I didn't have time to get my credit card and go through the registration process. I asked him to call me back later, I'm running late for work. He acted like it didn't matter what I just said, even though I told him at least 3-4 times that I don't even have a minute right now, he kept pushing for the credit card number. At that point I was already about 10 minutes late, I really didn't want to get dressed with the Sirius XM salesman on the line so I had to hang up on him.

Then I started thinking. Do I really want to give him any credit card number at all? How am I going to cancel this if they are this pushy and inconsiderate already? So I decided to ignore them on purpose. I've received a few letters so far, but now that the free trial is about to expire, they call every day so today I decided to google them to see if anyone else had a similar experience. I'm so glad I did, and that I didn't have time that day! After reading all the comments I blocked their number, and for sure won't ever subscribe. I'm not giving them 1 star because the service itself was fine, never lost signal either. If only their salespeople wouldn't be so pushy! - Although I'm sure it's worth it for them, they have a lot of unhappy customers, but the money keeps coming in...

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I discovered Sirius XM had been billing me and collecting money automatically from my checking account for service, music royalty, and taxes on a radio that had never been activated for approximately 24 months. I called them to request cancellation of the bogus subscription, and a refund for 24 months of fraudulent billing that I paid for. They said they canceled the subscription. They said they do not process refunds and refused to offer compensation of any kind. I can only file complaints and hope they are held accountable for this blatant case of fraud.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Sirius refuses to stop charging my credit card after 3 attempts. Stay away from this company!!! My card is being charged to someone else’s account. I do not know the someone else’s address, zip code and phone number. Because of this Sirius refuses to stop charging my card to someone else’s account. I have no idea how someone can be expected to know the account info of someone else. This company is unethical and steals people's money.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I have been a subscriber for several years, and have notice quite a lot of commercials on Sirius commercial free radio. When I called to complain, the agent was clueless, wanted to automatically renew my subscription!!! Lousy radio service for 200 $ per year.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I wish I had read these reviews before I gave SiriusXM my credit card number. The story is too confusing to relate - and I think that's deliberate on their part - but the end result is a "credit" on my account of $50, which they can't credit back to my card. I can't even understand what they over-charged me for. Three phone conversations, 1.5 hours, promises to fix/refund/amend all these issues. As of this date I still have none of the promised email communications, and no refund. I was so confused by the last circuitous conversation that I finally had to hang up out of frustration. I don't really want to discontinue my SiriuxFM and if I do, they will still have my money and credit card number. What can we do? By the way, I have only been a member since March 2017, and it got really complicated when I bought a new car one month ago with a "free 3 month trial". I think they are in over their heads with this.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I have had a subscription to Sirius on and off for 10 plus years. I am done with having to call them before the subscription period ends to negotiate a decent rate... or they automatically renew at full rate and charge your credit card. Last night it took an hour and a half and 10 calls to different toll free numbers, long wait times, and terrible customer service to cancel my service. The fact that the company makes it close to impossible to cancel service constitutes fraudulent business practices. I will never do business with SiriusXM again and will warn others by recommending they not choose this company either.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Received a free year of service with the purchase of a Jeep. I was spammed constantly with offers and so forth. When my year was up, I signed up for a 3 month deal and received more solicitation than in the 1st year. Then wasn't able to listen at work which is where I spend most of my time and was suppose to be included. I contacted Sirius customer service online and was told there would be an extra monthly charge. I requested they cancel my account after the 3 months I already paid for and was told they could not do that online. I was able to sign up online and make a payment but unable to cancel my service?! I continued to email them and told them to remove my credit card from my account and not bill it again. I had to contact BBB for them to finally email me that my account will be canceled once my 3 months are up but my credit card still shows on my account.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

After being a very loyal customer of XM satellite radio for the past 10 years - I don't know what happened. They asked me to pay up front for the year-which I did. I got a new car which came with XM for free for 2 months-which I used. I went to transfer it over - when I took the call from the representative, she told me it would be $35 fee to transfer, something I've already paid for a year in advance. Which should literally be a benefit right? You already have my money. When I complained about the outrageously high fee, instead of trying to resolve it, they just cancelled and issued a refund. Seriously? You guys have so much business, you can just turn folks away that have been loyal? So I turned to FB to get some answers-apparently they have a $15 transfer policy-unfortunately for them, we have 2 friends that just purchased new vehicles and previously had XM-they were NOT charged a transfer fee at all - not at all.

Then, we get the call to be charged 2x as much - as their policy states? What's going on here? Some people are charged $15, and others aren't? Who have been customers for 10 years? Where is the fairness in that? Now I paid for something upfront, and I'm being penalized? We asked for a resolution and we have yet to receive one. My husband LOVES XM and misses it dearly - and this is what we get for loyalty? Talk about disappointment. There's no reward for being a loyal customer and clearly - there's some sort of bait and switch or upsell tactics that are unethical, being done here. And we still haven't received any sort of resolution as to why we were told $35 -you'd think they'd even waive the fee to keep our business, nope. It's just shocking.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I paid cash upfront for a lifetime subscription to Sirius. There was no XM. I had a new satellite ready radio installed in my old car years ago and Sirius very quickly changed the service to the new radio. All these years later, since they get no monthly fee from me, they want a $75.00 service charge to move service to new radio. As a lifetime subscriber that's a rip. I'll do without.

Original review: July 30, 2017

I inherit a 3 month free subscription with buying a car and never even used this thing (I listen CD-s) and that was 3 years ago, so they keep sending us letters for renewal but we just ignored them because like I said we never used that radio, so now they start calling our home few times a day. One day I call them back and ask them not to call our home anymore. They told me they are going to stop but the next day they call again 3 times. Is there anybody to stop those IDIOTS calling people homes after you ask them to please stop calling.

SiriusXM Satellite Radio Company Information