SiriusXM Satellite Radio

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I recently received an email from Kathy Thomson, Chief Marketing Officer at Sirius XM Radio. The letter quoted a flat fee of $25 for 5 months. I called to make the purchase only to learn that the $25 amount, written in bold letters twice, does not include "fees". Just one more deceitful ploy by this company. I agree with the other reviewers. Great concept. Untrustworthy company.

Called to reactivate a second radio in my wife's car. She barely uses anything but one channel so opted for the Basic package. Support rep spoke broken English and kept talking about the 6 month promotion. I asked him to repeat to me what I wanted before I gave him the radio id to make sure he was going to do the 6 dollar Basic plan and not the 6 month Select promo. After the radio was activated and it was clear that I had the Basic plan he told me about how I was a loyal customer since last June and he was going to send me a free radio.

He didn't ask, he didn't tell me it was actually going to be a new subscription, he just told me that he was sending it. I had to tell him I'm not even remotely interested in the free radio and that I was well aware of what he was trying to pull. Would it be so terrible for SiriusXM to just do the right thing and not treat their product like a trap? Do they really think their products are so bad that they employ sneak tactics that make people hate them? There is no reason to treat people like this, SiriusXM.

Cancelled my trial membership with them prior to account going into effect. Check my bank statement and find that I have been getting charged for a service I have not used for the past 11 months every month they charged my account for $19.45. No one pays the monthly account when they are constantly running promotions so why would I keep a account paying that for one? Two I cancelled my account and come to find out they can't find any records of me calling to cancel so their company has made a easy $200 off of me for something I haven't used for over a year.

Sad when you have this many people having the same issues saying the same thing and there is nothing we can do as a consumer to be reimbursed. Sad very sad. I wouldn't recommend their company to anyone ever. Lack of trust and as a consumer I want to believe I am not getting screwed. Well I did. Take a word from the us. Do not sign up for anything from them unless you wish to pay free money to a company and won't do anything to accept responsibility for their mess up.

I found out from a friend this past weekend that he was paying approx. $90C for a one year subscription to Sirius XM. My renewal, which was automatically processed to my credit card last month, was $450+ for 2 years. Yesterday, Tuesday, October 11, 2016, I called Sirius XM and was told the following: "if you renew manually/call in, the renewal is $90 approx. for 1 year and $149 for 2 years but if you renew automatically, the system charges you $450+ for 2 years/$200+ for one year as the system does not recognize the lower rate that is being charged for manual renewal." I asked for and received the $149 renewal rate and will be receiving a $300 refund to my credit card. If you renew automatically, stop automatic renewal. The wait time for a call is less than 2 mins. and ironically, for a radio company, they do not play annoying music.

If you had a recent automatic renewal and was charged $450 like I was, which is 3 times the amount if you had done it by phone (or $200+ for 1 year), call and ask for a refund of the difference of $300. I asked the supervisor to alert customers to the fact that when they do automatic renewal, they could end up paying 300% more than if they had done so manually. (By my count, I'm out of pocket approx. $900 as I've had Sirius for over 7 years now.) She gave me some nonsensical reason as to why they can't do this. So, I'm sharing this with other Sirius customers with the hope that you'll share it with others and that no one else will get gouged by automatic renewal.

I think your service sucks. I have called multiple times to cancel my service and what do I see when I look at my bank account... my account was charged for service that hasn't worked for a year. I called back in September to cancel my service even though it never worked. I called and spoke to 2 people and cancelled my service. I look at my account and it was charged again... for service that didn't work.

I called today and got some girl on the phone who typed in her notes (so she said) and then transferred me so I can cancel my service. And what happens... I get disconnected!!! I called again and would not allow anyone to transfer me. I was given an cancellation code, again, and I better see a refund on my account. Just so that you have my notes, my cancellation code is **. I will make sure all of my friends know what horrible service I have received.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sirius XM?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I called to cancel my subscription way back in august 2016, stating just do not renew me on the renewal date of Sept 9th. I check my credit card bill and there is the billing. I called to get it cancelled and they stated there was no record of my call so I need to pay for the month of september. That's convenient. Moral of the story, get them to confirm your conversations.

I am also experiencing difficulties with cancelling my subscription. Been with them for over 10 years. Called and spoke with a customer rep back on July 7th which took forever as he kept repeating "I will send you a new radio", or "So, you only want to cancel one radio not three"! Finally, after I thought it got through, I received a confirmation number and thought was all good!! NOPE, they continue to take two months of payments out so I threw out that card. Now I'm receiving threatening calls that I need to pay!! They did see that I did in fact cancel one radio but the other two are still active! I did not own these radios anymore and I made it overly clear to cancel everything!! Any idea from anyone on what I need to do?

Contacted Xm Radio today and told them I'm canceling service because I sold my vehicle and she said I had a balance of $218.00. I paid up a upfront special cost of $99 for prior 1 year and they are trying to bill me for another year of service at full cost even though I'm canceling my service! So I just said cancel my service again after she tried to transfer me to another shyster I hung up. These people are rip off artist just like Wells Fargo and should be dealt with the same way.

Idiots run SiriusXM. They have gutted the platform of independent thought that is the the only reason I subscribed in the first place. They are puppets of Howard and his minions who cut off listeners from the content they choose. They could care less about their customers! As they prove if you ever talk to them. The power mongers that determine what you listen who have an agenda of manipulating the independent thought channels into obscurity. Don't reward these ** by giving them money to jerk around the people who pay their salaries. I'm fed up and hate these ignorant megalomaniacs. They will also charge your credit card virtually "willie nillie". They just want to get their claws onto that card, give you a good deal for a minute, then jack it up, out of reason. Watch these guys to take your money, then take away what you want and interject their own philosophy onto channels that they don't even listen to!

The merger has demonstrated its complete failure to provide listeners with the content possible on satellite radio. Corporate power mongers only serve themselves, not the people who pay subscriptions into this (quasi religious company, they pump religion channels all the time). They are quickly becoming another radio channel that the FCC has cracked down on. Sirius acts as though the FCC virtually runs their business. Maybe because the controllers of content have the same goals of the FCC... to quell free thought, re-establish religion as the goal of society, and limit choices of their subscribers. LET ME OFF THIS RIDE!

Don't give them your credit card information. Instead of getting one year free service when I purchased my new vehicle they charged me three separate times. I canceled my service, and I am still trying to get over $100 in credits. How can a company get away with this? Isn't it illegal to charge someone's credit card without their approval or at the least telling you what they are charging you for? And to top it all off they won't give me my free year of service! I will never use this company again.

I called around 4pm I got transferred to 4 people. I was charged twice on my account and nobody seem to know how to just credit my account back. The last girl I talked said she was going to resolve my issue. She thought she put me on hold and she didn't. She was laughing and gossiping with a co-worker. I'm so upset. I will never deal with them again!!!

I have cancelled service with Sirius and am writing my first ConsumerAffairs review. SiriusXM auto renewal terms are horrible. Even though I changed my payment terms to "one-time payment/no credit card stored" and explicitly signed up (and paid for) agreed 5 months of service, I was "auto-renewed" and billed after the end service date. This is equivalent to someone sending a package to my home, unsolicited, and demanding payment. Public Service Commission - is this legal??

SiriusXM Satellite Radio. The following charges were made $18.21 on 5/13, 6/13, 7/13, 8/15, 9/13 and I was charged $12.52 on 5/3, 5/20, 6/3, 7/5, 8/3, 9/6. First I call and speak to a rep who clearly states that he can see the double billing that has been made and while he is looking into it we are disconnected. So I have to call back and speak to another rep. who states that she sees no double billing and that the other rep was "lying" to me because "they do that sometimes and don't know what they are doing." Then I have a rep return my call in regards to the fraudulent charges and double billing in which she did nothing to make the matter right. She states that I will not be reimbursed for the double billing that it would be the responsibility of my bank in which I informed her that it was Sirius that did the double billing not my bank. She did nothing to make the matter right. Horrible customer service from 3/3 reps that I talked to.

Sirius continues to bill for services, even though I checked the box not to renew. It took 20+ minutes and then talked to two people to cancel the services. They kept wanting to continue my service and gave me multiple choices. Just cancel the damn services. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Got charged a renewal of 102.15 on debit card. Called Sirius who the rep said that was for 1 month. I told him to cancel the account. He then transferred me to another rep who offered me a discount, who I told to cancel, who transferred me to another rep, then again the same thing for the 5th time. After 35 minutes I gave up, called Bank of America who now I am having problems getting charge cancelled.

I purchased vehicle with a SiriusXM radio installed. I elected to try the 'All Inclusive' trial package to see what stations I liked, and I paid my $50 fee in full for the trial package. After four months, I was not enjoying the radio enough to justify the cost - so I notified Sirius to please cancel my subscription immediately. They did - and billed me $136.90 for the disconnect! This company practices deceitful - and illegal - billing practices!!!

I have called in 5 times to cancel a service totaling over an hour and it has still not been resolved. I was transferred 6 times, hung up on, given wrong information, and told to call back twice because they were having "technical difficulties". I can't believe that they are still in operation with customer service like this. I never leave reviews but I am not exaggerating when I say this has been the WORST. I will leave multiple complaints on whatever sites I can; that is how infuriated I am.

I've been with them for 8 years. They have automatically renewed without my permission, double charged me for 6 months for a car I no longer owned and it took 3 hours to get that corrected. I renewed for 100 back in March. Bought a new car in June and switched the service over. Now that it's been 3 months of the free service for a new car they want another 32 dollars even though they admit I still have 9 months left in my subscription. The man who spoke very little English was extremely rude and continued to interrupt me. I finally hung up after he did it a third time. This company is scum hiring the lowest paid workers possible with the least amount of English skills or understanding of basic customer service.

In May of 2015 I bought a new car and it came with a free 3 month trial for SiriusXM. At the end of the trial which was in August 2015 I took a subscription for $99 for one year. This August I get a bill from Sirius for $229 automatic renewal. I wasn't aware that it would automatically renew let alone that it would be more than double what I originally paid. I called SiriusXM to cancel my subscription because I refuse to be gouged. I spoke to a man who could barely speak English. He refused to cancel my subscription. He kept offering me different deals. I kept saying "I don't want any deals I want to cancel my subscription."

When he wouldn't cancel I asked to be put through to his supervisor. He refused to allow me to speak to a supervisor. After about 20 minutes of arguing I finally got subscription cancelled. I still had to pay $6 for the 6 days my subscription ran over the renewal date even though they were late sending me the bill. The envelope was postmarked one day after the subscription renewed.

NEVER GIVE SIRIUS YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER. EVER! I have had numerous Sirius subscriptions. I have 2-3 vehicles at a time, all of which have Sirius radio. And I get new cars every 3 years. So I have a lot of turnover. Years ago when I gave Sirius my credit card number, Sirius helped itself to renewing even after I wrote and called and asked to cancel. I indicated I had sold the car and have a new vehicle with a Sirius subscription. Made no difference. Sirius helped itself to my credit card number. I had this happen twice. I had to cancel two cards to get it to stop.

On a recent subscription that was supposed to renew in mid November, Sirius jacked up the subscription price 50%. I called and said I wanted to cancel (I didn't, really, but this is how you deal with them). The heavily accented lady on the other end told me if I stayed I could get a special promotional rate. Instead of $270+ it would only b $83, or $85 if they billed me (since I wouldn't give her my card number). The trick Sirius pulled, though, was that the subscription will run only till next September, which means I will have to buy 2 months more service unless I turn the car in early. But it beats paying $190 more for the same service.

This is undoubtedly THE very WORST company I have EVER dealt with in my life. Honestly, I don't have the energy to write what would be the very worst review possible. It would take forever to list all the problems I have had dealing with this company. I'll summarize very briefly - been over billed, overcharged - charged for renewals I did not authorize and more. I've had someone else's data and credit card information populate on my account. I've had 2 vehicles show up on my account that I've never owned (never owned the brand of car either).

I've been sent emails intended to go to someone else, and just got a refund check for "cancelled" services that I did not cancel. I'd HIGHLY recommend anyone using SiriusXM do not - repeat DO NOT - allow them to store your credit card info or do not automatically renew service. These guys are horrible, miserable to deal with, ignorant and do not understand English. If I could give a fraction of 1 Star for a review, I would.

I called SiriusXM Satellite Radio to cancel service before the MANDATORY 'auto renewal' was due. I was 'disconnected' from the first representative AFTER I told her that I wanted to discontinue service - coincide? I think not!! When I called back the second representative could barely speak English. She took all of my information in order to cancel service then put me on 'hold' while the confirmation number for the service cancellation 'loaded' on her computer! I am retired so I could outwait her any day! I was on 'hold' for 15 minutes - it took that long for the confirmation number to load! Never again will I do business with SiriusXM Satellite Radio!! P. S. the service is WAY overpriced!!

Worst company to deal with. The lie and they steal. Just got charged AGAIN after I had told them to cancel. So called today and got some guy who speaks no English. I ask him to cancel. He offer promotion. I said, "Not interested", so he offers another promotion, told him, "Not interested, please cancel", then another offer comes. I finally get angry and tell him to cancel now, full refund or I will deny the charge with the credit card company. Bottom line is, I am going to the CC company and denying the charge. This company should be investigated by the FCC for their practices.

I have been a customer with them for years. I like the service. I have a lifetime subscription on one of my radios, which I have it attached to a plug and play radio. I have purchase 2 new vehicles in the last three years with a complimentary subscription. Since they have expired, I renewed both of them. We had issues with the dates and combining the two so I can get the multi radio discount. So I called them direct. That is where the problems start. I have read other reviews and it seems they have a lot the same issues. I could not understand the person, and when he would answer me, it was a "canned" answer to what they thought I said. I ask to speak to someone else, and the same thing. I also spoke to a " supervisor " who was a little clearer on the answers, but I have still not resolve some of the issues.

Unfortunately they seem to have a monopoly on satellite Radio, so the only option is to cancel. And even then it is difficult task. I want the service, but I cannot get good customer service. I am sure other customers feel the same way I do. Overall, I would not even give the ratings for customer service 1 star, if I had an option. I hope they get a call service located in the USA to help with this issue.

SCAMMED INTO A SIRIUSXM PACKAGE THAT I DID NOT WANT. A SiriusXM representative called me about a month ago asking if I wanted to renew my service after the free trial. I told her "No thank you" several times. She renewed it anyway without my permission. Sounds illegal to me. Now I'm getting billed for a 6 month package & Sirius refuses to remove the charges that they fraudulently charged me for a service that I declined which their representative signed me up for against my wishes.

My recurring payment method had expired, so I called to update it. The guy was tough to understand, but we managed. Fast-forward to him taking down my payment information. As soon as I give him that, he asked, "And for security purposes, I have to ask you, what is your relationship with David?" I said, "He's my husband." (He's the main account holder.) The customer service guy says, "And I assume you are happy with him? Is he a good man or a great man?" What? It's kind-of funny but kind-of weird. I said, "Yes." He said, "You are a lucky woman." What the hell?! Super weird. Then he tried to sell me a new radio for another car, and launched into this sales pitch, and goes, "Let me go ahead and get this radio shipped out to you..." And I had to interrupt him to tell him that we're not interested. It was just a weird experience. The guy handled my issue promptly.

My experiences have been described many, many times on this site. Non English speaking people answer the phone. They cut you off if you request to cancel, then continue to bill you. Absolute worst company ever - comparable to AT&T if that tells you anything.

You notice the there is NO ability to disconnect service on the web page. Their OLD tactic of FORCING you to CALL them is **. I have contacted support THREE TIMES for a cancellation of one of my radios due to the selling of a vehicle. TWICE - as soon as I mentioned "cancel", they asked for my information and was disconnected. This last time, the individual stayed on the line and took care of my needs. Not really sure what tactics are being played here, but I do NOT appreciate being hung up on.

The 3rd call, I didn't mention cancellation until they had all of my information and was asked what was needed. Obviously they didn't hang up on the call because they were very kind and took care of the cancellation. Please do not tell me that calls get dropped due to technical difficulties. There are many more services out there that can be utilized instead of being treated like this. How many times have YOU been disconnected from a phone call with them when you mention "CANCEL"?

I am on a free trial which came with my new car. Just got a package from SiriusXM suggesting I might want to get their apps to allow me to listen to their radio on my iPad and iPhone. I was curious and followed their link to their website but was then asked to create an account (which I thought I already had given that I received an account number in the package sent to me) but tried to establish an account. This led to an hour of repeated 'reset your password' instructions, two phone calls to people who had no clue how to assist. If this is a sample of their 'customer service', I don't want the product.

Well you can do just about anything on their website except cancel. They get you on the phone to cancel and try to sell you a new unit or service you don't want. Good luck with not giving them a credit card number. They will continue your service and expect you to pay for a car/service you no longer own. Each time I deal with them it gets ridiculous. I would rather deal with comcast than these shysters.

SiriusXM Satellite Radio Company Profile