2. Miscellaneous

SiriusXM Satellite Radio

3.8/5 (1768 ratings)

About SiriusXM Satellite Radio

SiriusXM Satellite Radio Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SiriusXM Satellite Radio?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sirius XM?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

Since buying my new car in 2017, I have loved my Sirius XM subscription. I started with the free trial, but instantly found multiple stations that I really like. I was thrilled when they added the ability to stream Sirius XM on the app, so I listen at home as well. The subscription could be pricey for some, but I get my money's worth.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

My sub was up in the end of Jan. I called mid Dec to cancel it because with my wife not working there's no way I could do it for the normal price and got it at half off for another year. I listen to it on my phone (iPhone), car and on my PC with Firefox all the time with no issues. The rep I talked to was a little hard to hear but he was great and didn't mind explaining it over when I could quite understand him. They may get a bad rap but I use this service all the time and it's better than Spotify or iHeart radio which tracks everything and then I can't listen to anything outside of my area and I travel a lot. This works for me and it's awesome. Everyone is going through Covid so the long wait times shouldn't be surprising.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 28, 2021

This company will tell you whatever is necessary to get your credit card number and make a sale. For 7 years now we have renewed our "contract" or continued service. We have come to learn that SiriusXM keeps your credit card on file. Upon your renewal date (and without prior warning) you are charged typically around $400. When you call to cancel the service and request a refund, they always refund. They will then sell you a promotion. We agreed to a promotional rate of $77.00 for a year's subscription, and paid in full, with their promise that our credit card would not be kept on file. Come to find out, they did keep our credit card number on file.

We have a recording of the phone conversation where they specifically stated they would not keep our credit card on file. We called to have our credit card removed, they said they were unable to remove our credit card. We have terminated the service. No longer wish to do business with a company that will tell you one thing to get your money, and then not keep their end of the negotiation. If you have an account with them, be on the look out for very high charges to your card. A complete rip-off since if you cancel they will offer you a significantly reduced rate.

Original review: May 24, 2021

I have been a customer for many years. Always trying to get them the benefit of the doubt. Having to spend hours on the phone every time they messed my bill up. They keep finding ways to raise the price and over charge me. Even recently (January) they had to give me a refund for all the billing issues (mainly overcharging me) and some for some reason they thought they 5 months later, they could talk me into paying again for something already paid for! DO NOT RECOMMEND unless you have countless hours to argue over getting your money back...

Original review: May 20, 2021

Has anyone had difficulty in cancelling SXM Sirius Radio. Since COVID, I have not been driving much so I cancelled my subscription with them last year. Today I noticed my bank account was charged $128.72 by Sirius. So I called. The lady kept saying it’s an auto renewal and good until Nov 2021. I kept saying cancel it. What is interesting that’s not even a full year subscription amount. Is this a tactic to put a bogus charge on your account to make you call and then try to sell you on keeping it.

Anyway I asked for my full refund and to speak to a U.S. supervisor when she was done doing the refund. SHE HUNG UP ON ME! Not sure if it was a Philippines or India call center, but Sirius needs to stop these unfair sales tactics. I totally cancelled my subscription last year and even removed my credit card number. Obviously removing it did no good. If you want music, download it from Amazon to your phone and play it in the car. Sirius is a rip off and difficult to cancel.

Original review: May 18, 2021

SiriusXM is straight garbage. Charge my credit card without my knowledge. I will be canceling them tomorrow. I only listen to two stations anyways. I'm good. Buyer Please Beware. I'm done with them forever???

Original review: May 13, 2021

Every time I call to do something with my account, they try and take my Howard access away. I have had a subscription to this since 05 under Sirius, prior to the merger and they can't understand that my account is old and came with Howard. One rep hung up on me while I was trying to work this out. Wasn't an accident, she just didn't feel like dealing with me. I can not express enough, if you're thinking of subscribing, don't... do yourself a favor and stream free Pandora.

Original review: May 10, 2021

It's OK if you like rock or Howard S or similar... I personally like jazz and classical, and those selections are extremely limited - just a couple of channels (3 each - 1 serious and two pops) versions. Compare that to maybe 40+ rock stations, etc. Plus, they turn off classical offerings for seasonal (like Xmas) offerings. So ... offerings are very unbalanced. I'll put no profanity here - so my review might get published... Too bad they don't limit profanity on their channels... If I write the ** words that they broadcast, they ban my review... Hmmm - go figure that one out.

Original review: May 5, 2021

They catch you with low yearly subscriptions and then they invoice you automatically. No alerts nor contact. When you find out of the charges they take no responsibility. If you want their service I recommend you use a specific charge card which you cancel after their process so they can not overcharge you in future.

Service also lacks of family shared plan.

Original review: May 4, 2021

After my promotion of paying $35+ for a 6 month term, I was charged $123. Fine, my mistake I didn’t try to cancel in time. However, upon speaking to the customer care representative, I always informed that this amount was for a full year. I set a calendar reminder the minute I got off the phone with her to be sure to either cancel, or call and negotiate before this year term was up. Then, 6 months later, to my surprise, they charge me another $123 and tried telling me that I signed up for a 6 month period. Basically in hopes that I have forgotten over these 6 months. So I just cancelled immediately and at least they refunded me some money.

I don’t like their business tactics and will never give them a dime again. In addition, they are always trying to upsell you with “promotions” and find it hard to get them off the phone. Kind of annoying and the fact that they are basically trying to call me a liar, sealed the deal for me to never return. They should check their recordings and see that the year was verified on the phone call at least 2 times.

Original review: April 24, 2021

My father in law had a stroke last October and Sirius is making it impossible to unsubscribe from their automatic payment schedule. I am going to have to issue a stop payment order through his bank now because they refuse to work with me, his power of attorney.

Original review: April 17, 2021

Garbage business. I set up a three month trial and canceled it..8 months later I started to get charged again. I got a notice after being charged for 3 months saying I owed them 60$ for a service I didn’t use and canceled...freaking great...I couldn’t cancel my account until I paid in full. **.

SiriusXM Satellite Radio Company Information