SiriusXM Satellite Radio

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have been very dissatisfied with this company for years. I have found the sales reps are very misleading in their communication. For example I was told listening to SiriusXM via an app on my phone was included in my plan. However, a few months later when I decided to give the app a try I discovered through another customer service representative that this app is NOT included with my yearly bill, even though I was told otherwise after having paid for the year in full for two different vehicles. I have called their customer service and complained a few times only to have the representative and their supervisors argue with me. It seems rather evident that this company does not believe in customer loyalty or customer service. Customers are just a number to them and they are indifferent if they lose your business.

I refuse to be nickel and dimed to death by SiriusXM. I have been a subscriber for many years and it's outrageous. They have the audacity to not only lie about the app being included in the exorbitant rates they then require I pay more just to listen to the app which I was previously told was included. Get real, SiriusXM! How about treating your loyal customers with some respect? It would seem SiriusXM would be well served to invest in some real customer service reps and become a company that values its customers enough to treat them with honesty and respect and give them correct, timely information from trained competent representatives.

My whole experience would have been a positive one if someone had taken the time to really listen to what I was saying and at least pretend to find a solution to accommodate my needs and address my concerns. Shame on you SiriusXM. At the very least, act like you care enough to make an effort by being accommodating and stop arguing with your customers! The service isn't worth what you pay for. You're better off with a Free account with one of the following apps Spotify, Pandora Radio or iHeartRadio connect with your car's Bluetooth and you could even upgrade to a paid account for a fraction of the cost of SiriusXM.

I know I am just adding to a litany of complaints, but after being a customer of XM for several years I became tired of the game, "call us to cancel" every year. I simply asked customer service, and I use the term loosely, that I would like an offer that did not include the automatic renewal. They said that was not available, no attempt to work with me at all. So XM loses two more radio accounts. What a strange business plan that would turn down a customer, and one of several years and would be comfortable with no money. This may be a case history in Business Schools soon about how to lose business.

I have to say that this is the first negative review I have placed on a company or service on a website ever over my career. I want to begin by saying the best thing that has come out of my nearly 2 year struggle with the billing from XM, by which, I have had the services for probably over 7+ years is that I finally even convinced my wife that we don't need the service. That in itself is a major win. Good thing, when she writes you off, it is done. She loves to give folks thousand of chances saying they are well intended. This was extremely helpful as I rarely listen to the radio as I generally am on my hands-free phone for business.

In brief, they had some challenges over several years of ever getting three different cars on the same cycle and charges. The only way I knew to do this after literally a dozen or more calls with customer service was to allow each of the accounts to expire to get re-established. I thought we had a plan, I had cancelled or was reassured that my auto-renew policies for the first of three cars was established and those 2 cars would terminate. The other car had 4 months remaining. Like I have read from many others, the sales individuals who probably work on some sort of commission, did not want to lose that connectivity from the first 2 cars. They probably have great knowledge and stats showing that some percentage of those folks find out they can function without the satellite radio.

Last point, before I get to my real issue of why this is my first negative written review I have made over my 50 years, is that I recall on many of my calls with them stated they would be recording our calls for future references and training purposes. Apparently, that only works when it is their benefit and not when it pertains to cancelling services or discontinuing the auto renew membership. Funny how that works and they have no records of that when I had names and dates of who I spoke to!

In closing, I was sent to collections from XM Radio after many calls and being reassured that they converted our three cars to one plan with a significant discount but unfortunately leaving out the point that they sent us to collections for roughly $70 due to past due amounts due to old balances that they couldn't even explain. The reason I am writing this review is that this is the first time I have ever been sent to collections for any fee, yes first time ever, and it pushed me to write a review just for my own conscience.

The $70 was not even the issue, the fact that I was sent to collections and the time I wasted over the past year trying to reconcile this so that my wife could listen to one Christian channel was the issue. The best outcome of this whole mess is that she is back to listening to Way FM or Pandora and it works just fine! It made it all worthwhile for me.

As a CEO/President with a 15,000+ team member organization, I can now get back to my work. I will be sure to share my negative experience when appropriate. I understand the challenges of billing practices as I deal with it daily but I don't ever recall ever crossing the line of ethics in sharing inaccurate information that resulted in someone going to collections. I wish I could send them a bill for time I spent trying to resolve these challenges as it might be a few dollars more than the $70 that I sent to the agency!

Again, best part was listening to my wife inform the gentleman the other day asking about our termination of the service and her stating that she could never do business with them again! That was music to my ears! Hopefully, this will be the last review that I will ever write as we are all human and make mistakes but hopefully ethical ones!

I typically do not write reviews and am choosing to write this one because of the appallingly frustrating service that Sirius XM's customer service provides when it comes to disputing charges and canceling service. I have had Sirius XM since 2012 and finally canceled the service this past year. I chose to cancel because 1) They automatically spike your rates after a 12-month subscription. 2) When you call to cancel they keep you on the phone for 30-60 minutes trying to talk you out of it and employ tactics like transferring you from one department to another so you have to re-explain yourself over and over. 3) I recently was told by a customer service representative that my credit card account would be refunded for a charge I disputed. 2 weeks later I checked and not only had the refund not been refunded but I now had a late payment fee on my cc account due to this.

Overall I am convinced that Sirius XM trains its customer service staff on the most irritating and time-consuming communication tactics so that you spend an inordinate amount of time on the phone with them, are inclined to give up on canceling because of how difficult it is, and they do not fully inform you of their refund policies, automatic renewal policies, or any policies period so you HAVE to call in if you happen to notice charges etc... that you were not aware of, and then you spend forever on the phone with them in order to get what should have been a simple explanation and remedy.

Anyway, my bottom line is that I actually think Sirius XM is ok and enjoy using it, but because of the horrid customer service, and my recent experiences with them charging my account without my authorization, and then failing to refund me in the method and time that I was told I would be refunded I will not be using this service again.

We subscribed to XM, then SiriusXM radio for at least ten years. Finally yesterday I realized that we were being ripped off. For about $20 a month we can only listen in our car, which we rarely drive anymore, since we retired a few years ago, and the channels we listen to (mostly the comedy ones) are rife with obnoxious commercials and, even worse, talk show programs! Plus, they aren't "24-hour stations" as advertised, since some of them shut down at weird hours, like on the weekends.

The Broadway channel is the only other one we listen to and Seth Rudetsky is simply obnoxious. Talks too fast and the worst diction in the history of radio. So that station became a mostly no-go, even though Christine Pedi is mostly okay. Meanwhile, we've been listening to Pandora (commercial-free for $5 a month!) anywhere we like, in the car, house, on our iPads and iPhones. Comedy without commercials. Broadway without invasive chatter. Nice. SiriusXM Radio is a major rip-off!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sirius XM?

I had Sirius Radio with my new car for 6 months and then had to make a decision to cancel or renew. I realized soon that the website forces its subscribers to call in to cancel and there was no way around it. When I called in I soon realized that the representatives will do everything in their power to keep you as a customer by offering you lower rates and asking endless questions about what you like and don't like about the service. After going through this process once and caving in to renew, I realized when another 6 months came up, I would have to go through the entire process again. The website still didn't have an option to cancel like most other companies.

This itself is the worst customer service tactic that turns me off completely and causes me to never use that company again. Making it difficult for consumers to leave your service is NOT customer service. I called in again and this time had to lie about leaving the country in order to get my service cancelled. Even when I said I was moving they still kept asking me questions about my satisfaction with the service and if they could offer me a discount.

Out of complete frustration I had to raise my voice and sternly ask the rep to stop asking me questions and to just cancel my service. I even shared with her that I wasn't happy with the way they make it so difficult for a consumer to leave. Because of this type of dirty tactics I won't be using their service ever again. It's that simple. So be warned if you use their service, unless you want to keep it forever and don't care about the hassle of bad service use another means of listening to your favorite talk shows or music channels.

Two days ago I called to see about either cancelling or renewing my account. The proposal was simple. I wanted the same service at the same cost to continue. After many minutes I agreed to the price and duration they were offering me. Now here is the issue: I received my bill today and noticed it did not include weather or traffic link. I called them back and after talking to several programmed useless people, I have been told too bad for you. This company has neither ethics or any values in my opinion. Thus I was sold one service and given one of much lower value. At least I can cancel which I will do after sending something to the FCC. My iPod will play just fine in my car.

Why is Sirius taking a perfectly good channel "Love" channel and putting on Christmas music in November? Give Christmas music its own channel and leave the rest alone. I am seriously cancelling my subscription because of this.

A number of weeks ago, SiriusXM traffic channels in my two vehicles stopped working. After speaking with SiriusXM's Customer Care almost a dozen times and after enduring multiple resets, traffic channels continue to be inoperative. Virtually every SiriusXM representative with whom I spoke provided a different reason as to why traffic channels are not functioning. As of this date (11/07/16), SiriusXM's website continues to indicate that traffic channels are included with the Select package.

For those of us who subscribe to the Select package on an annual basis or who have lifetime subscriptions, we're obvious not receiving all services for which we paid. Customer Care is courteous but uninformed, and corporate business practices are abysmal. Several years ago, XM Radio and Sirius were allowed to merge to become a satellite radio monopoly. What a better example of what to expect when a single entity holds a monopoly on a service - accountable to no one, doing what it pleases, and skirting ethical business practices, to say nothing about not caring about its customer base.

I just received a mail from SiriusXM that they would be automatically renewing my subscription on Dec 1, 2016. However we believed we had not had a subscription for over a year. The last correspondence by email we had received from SiriusXM was on Dec 24, 2014, two years prior, when we had initially subscribed for a total of $121.14. This is the rate that we had agreed to.

After a year of service, we received an offer for another year of subscription but at double the price. My wife and I decided that since we only drove 12,000Km per year it was not worth it. However, in December, our service was cut out which we assumed was a termination of service. It was off for all of December. We knew this because we drove from Toronto to Florida and had plenty of time to recheck.

There was never a mention of any automatic renewing of the subscription and certainly not at double the price ($250). SiriusXM then proceeded to quietly charge this full amount and did not send me any receipt of this transaction (despite having been able to send an email receipt for the initial subscription). We did not have service as mentioned earlier. We did not even know we had a subscription which they charged us at double the agreed rate.

I called their support line. They admitted they did not send any confirmation and then proceeded to argue that I should have noticed it on the bill of my credit card which to some degree is true, but I missed it due to the holiday craziness and this does not negate their legal requirement to send me a receipt. Even after admitting their fault for not sending a receipt and apologizing, they were not willing to give a refund. Nor were they willing to refund 1/2 and give me years service. They were only willing to offer 3 month service and 3 month refund which amounts to about $42/month.

This practice is dishonest and deceitful. They did not explicitly inform me that the renewal was automatic (which ironically, they did on the recent mail I just received). They quietly doubled the agreed rate. They failed to inform of the charge or email me a receipt. They admitted on the support line that they did indeed not inform me (it was in their records). They refused to give me a refund and offered what amounts to an exorbitant rate. I have now told them to explicitly cancel my service due to their unacceptable business practices.

I have a "LifeTime" subscription. I can only change radio receivers 3 times. After that, the subscription continues, I just can not listen to it because they will not activate a radio receiver. So, if you are a person who leases or changes vehicles every 2-3 years, Do not buy a lifetime subscription. You will be out of luck after your third change. This restriction is apparently in the policy, which is like all other "policy" restrictions, buried in the process of signing up. Use of the word LifeTime is DECEPTIVE advertising!!! They should be required to say something like Extended, multi-change, because it is NOT a real LifeTime subscription.

In March 2016 they shut down my radio even though they said it was good till oct. 2016. They said it was a mistake and they could restart it if I paid $89. That would give me a subscription till oct. 2017. I said ok. Now they charged me $39 in Oct. 2016. I called and after 45 min on the phone going through 2 different people lying to me, a woman said "You are paid up till March of 2018". They just take money out of your account whenever they are short on sales that month. They are thieves. Do not give them your debit card number. They said they will give me the $39 back, but I won't get anymore discounts. Besides, The service is terrible anyway. Hardly any music, just DJ's talking about their life. I have all my channels set to different rock stations, sometimes the same song will be playing on 4 channels at the same time! Thieves!

I wish that I had reviewed this site prior to taking service from SiriusXM. I was stunned to see that almost daily, someone took the time (beyond what we have all invested with the SiriusXM acct dept) to share our experiences. I too, have made weekly requests to cancel, removed credit card from file, processed disputes with card company – all documented. To no avail for a return of $16.16 in unauthorized charges. The outsourced CS are difficult to understand, incessant 'hard' sell options, and unwillingness to escalate a customer beyond low-level agents were just a glimpse of the poor business practice of SiriusXM. DO NOT get into business with this company, would be my share today. Although the SiriusXM radio service is enjoyable the hidden business practices are not worth it. Go to the competition... as fast as you can.

I have had this service since 2006 and a couple of years ago I wanted to cancel as I could no longer justify the cost. The years prior to that each bill would automatically charge me large for the entire year ahead. I asked them not to do this and they agree. They told me they removed auto-renew. This year I get a bill for $275 and it said my balance was past-due. I call in to terminate and they were relentless. 3 people asked me what I wanted, notated my account but sent me elsewhere.

The last woman was an excellent salesperson, but I wasn't interested. They offered to cut my overprice bill down to $160, and when I said I wanted to cancel again she offered to give me 6 months for $80 (do the math on that). And then she would not stop trying to tell me how much I love listening to the service before I have to snap on her. Then she tell me they do no support a system that will remove auto-renew, only one that will remove your credit card from the account. So apparently my term has ended but I have an outstanding balance at $25.21 per month, which is $300+ for the year, which is more than rate they are currently charging me.

I recently received an email from Kathy Thomson, Chief Marketing Officer at Sirius XM Radio. The letter quoted a flat fee of $25 for 5 months. I called to make the purchase only to learn that the $25 amount, written in bold letters twice, does not include "fees". Just one more deceitful ploy by this company. I agree with the other reviewers. Great concept. Untrustworthy company.

Called to reactivate a second radio in my wife's car. She barely uses anything but one channel so opted for the Basic package. Support rep spoke broken English and kept talking about the 6 month promotion. I asked him to repeat to me what I wanted before I gave him the radio id to make sure he was going to do the 6 dollar Basic plan and not the 6 month Select promo. After the radio was activated and it was clear that I had the Basic plan he told me about how I was a loyal customer since last June and he was going to send me a free radio.

He didn't ask, he didn't tell me it was actually going to be a new subscription, he just told me that he was sending it. I had to tell him I'm not even remotely interested in the free radio and that I was well aware of what he was trying to pull. Would it be so terrible for SiriusXM to just do the right thing and not treat their product like a trap? Do they really think their products are so bad that they employ sneak tactics that make people hate them? There is no reason to treat people like this, SiriusXM.

Cancelled my trial membership with them prior to account going into effect. Check my bank statement and find that I have been getting charged for a service I have not used for the past 11 months every month they charged my account for $19.45. No one pays the monthly account when they are constantly running promotions so why would I keep a account paying that for one? Two I cancelled my account and come to find out they can't find any records of me calling to cancel so their company has made a easy $200 off of me for something I haven't used for over a year.

Sad when you have this many people having the same issues saying the same thing and there is nothing we can do as a consumer to be reimbursed. Sad very sad. I wouldn't recommend their company to anyone ever. Lack of trust and as a consumer I want to believe I am not getting screwed. Well I did. Take a word from the us. Do not sign up for anything from them unless you wish to pay free money to a company and won't do anything to accept responsibility for their mess up.

I found out from a friend this past weekend that he was paying approx. $90C for a one year subscription to Sirius XM. My renewal, which was automatically processed to my credit card last month, was $450+ for 2 years. Yesterday, Tuesday, October 11, 2016, I called Sirius XM and was told the following: "if you renew manually/call in, the renewal is $90 approx. for 1 year and $149 for 2 years but if you renew automatically, the system charges you $450+ for 2 years/$200+ for one year as the system does not recognize the lower rate that is being charged for manual renewal." I asked for and received the $149 renewal rate and will be receiving a $300 refund to my credit card. If you renew automatically, stop automatic renewal. The wait time for a call is less than 2 mins. and ironically, for a radio company, they do not play annoying music.

If you had a recent automatic renewal and was charged $450 like I was, which is 3 times the amount if you had done it by phone (or $200+ for 1 year), call and ask for a refund of the difference of $300. I asked the supervisor to alert customers to the fact that when they do automatic renewal, they could end up paying 300% more than if they had done so manually. (By my count, I'm out of pocket approx. $900 as I've had Sirius for over 7 years now.) She gave me some nonsensical reason as to why they can't do this. So, I'm sharing this with other Sirius customers with the hope that you'll share it with others and that no one else will get gouged by automatic renewal.

I think your service sucks. I have called multiple times to cancel my service and what do I see when I look at my bank account... my account was charged for service that hasn't worked for a year. I called back in September to cancel my service even though it never worked. I called and spoke to 2 people and cancelled my service. I look at my account and it was charged again... for service that didn't work.

I called today and got some girl on the phone who typed in her notes (so she said) and then transferred me so I can cancel my service. And what happens... I get disconnected!!! I called again and would not allow anyone to transfer me. I was given an cancellation code, again, and I better see a refund on my account. Just so that you have my notes, my cancellation code is **. I will make sure all of my friends know what horrible service I have received.

I called to cancel my subscription way back in august 2016, stating just do not renew me on the renewal date of Sept 9th. I check my credit card bill and there is the billing. I called to get it cancelled and they stated there was no record of my call so I need to pay for the month of september. That's convenient. Moral of the story, get them to confirm your conversations.

I am also experiencing difficulties with cancelling my subscription. Been with them for over 10 years. Called and spoke with a customer rep back on July 7th which took forever as he kept repeating "I will send you a new radio", or "So, you only want to cancel one radio not three"! Finally, after I thought it got through, I received a confirmation number and thought was all good!! NOPE, they continue to take two months of payments out so I threw out that card. Now I'm receiving threatening calls that I need to pay!! They did see that I did in fact cancel one radio but the other two are still active! I did not own these radios anymore and I made it overly clear to cancel everything!! Any idea from anyone on what I need to do?

Contacted Xm Radio today and told them I'm canceling service because I sold my vehicle and she said I had a balance of $218.00. I paid up a upfront special cost of $99 for prior 1 year and they are trying to bill me for another year of service at full cost even though I'm canceling my service! So I just said cancel my service again after she tried to transfer me to another shyster I hung up. These people are rip off artist just like Wells Fargo and should be dealt with the same way.

Idiots run SiriusXM. They have gutted the platform of independent thought that is the the only reason I subscribed in the first place. They are puppets of Howard and his minions who cut off listeners from the content they choose. They could care less about their customers! As they prove if you ever talk to them. The power mongers that determine what you listen who have an agenda of manipulating the independent thought channels into obscurity. Don't reward these ** by giving them money to jerk around the people who pay their salaries. I'm fed up and hate these ignorant megalomaniacs. They will also charge your credit card virtually "willie nillie". They just want to get their claws onto that card, give you a good deal for a minute, then jack it up, out of reason. Watch these guys to take your money, then take away what you want and interject their own philosophy onto channels that they don't even listen to!

The merger has demonstrated its complete failure to provide listeners with the content possible on satellite radio. Corporate power mongers only serve themselves, not the people who pay subscriptions into this (quasi religious company, they pump religion channels all the time). They are quickly becoming another radio channel that the FCC has cracked down on. Sirius acts as though the FCC virtually runs their business. Maybe because the controllers of content have the same goals of the FCC... to quell free thought, re-establish religion as the goal of society, and limit choices of their subscribers. LET ME OFF THIS RIDE!

Don't give them your credit card information. Instead of getting one year free service when I purchased my new vehicle they charged me three separate times. I canceled my service, and I am still trying to get over $100 in credits. How can a company get away with this? Isn't it illegal to charge someone's credit card without their approval or at the least telling you what they are charging you for? And to top it all off they won't give me my free year of service! I will never use this company again.

I called around 4pm I got transferred to 4 people. I was charged twice on my account and nobody seem to know how to just credit my account back. The last girl I talked said she was going to resolve my issue. She thought she put me on hold and she didn't. She was laughing and gossiping with a co-worker. I'm so upset. I will never deal with them again!!!

I have cancelled service with Sirius and am writing my first ConsumerAffairs review. SiriusXM auto renewal terms are horrible. Even though I changed my payment terms to "one-time payment/no credit card stored" and explicitly signed up (and paid for) agreed 5 months of service, I was "auto-renewed" and billed after the end service date. This is equivalent to someone sending a package to my home, unsolicited, and demanding payment. Public Service Commission - is this legal??

SiriusXM Satellite Radio. The following charges were made $18.21 on 5/13, 6/13, 7/13, 8/15, 9/13 and I was charged $12.52 on 5/3, 5/20, 6/3, 7/5, 8/3, 9/6. First I call and speak to a rep who clearly states that he can see the double billing that has been made and while he is looking into it we are disconnected. So I have to call back and speak to another rep. who states that she sees no double billing and that the other rep was "lying" to me because "they do that sometimes and don't know what they are doing." Then I have a rep return my call in regards to the fraudulent charges and double billing in which she did nothing to make the matter right. She states that I will not be reimbursed for the double billing that it would be the responsibility of my bank in which I informed her that it was Sirius that did the double billing not my bank. She did nothing to make the matter right. Horrible customer service from 3/3 reps that I talked to.

Sirius continues to bill for services, even though I checked the box not to renew. It took 20+ minutes and then talked to two people to cancel the services. They kept wanting to continue my service and gave me multiple choices. Just cancel the damn services. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Got charged a renewal of 102.15 on debit card. Called Sirius who the rep said that was for 1 month. I told him to cancel the account. He then transferred me to another rep who offered me a discount, who I told to cancel, who transferred me to another rep, then again the same thing for the 5th time. After 35 minutes I gave up, called Bank of America who now I am having problems getting charge cancelled.

I purchased vehicle with a SiriusXM radio installed. I elected to try the 'All Inclusive' trial package to see what stations I liked, and I paid my $50 fee in full for the trial package. After four months, I was not enjoying the radio enough to justify the cost - so I notified Sirius to please cancel my subscription immediately. They did - and billed me $136.90 for the disconnect! This company practices deceitful - and illegal - billing practices!!!

SiriusXM Satellite Radio Company Profile