1.30/5

83 Samsung Tablets Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 8, 2016

Purchased the tablet on Sept 29, 2016, tried to charge device on Oct 5, 2016. Charger got so hot we had to use gloves to remove it from the wall. Went to the AT&T store on Oct 8, 2016 where we purchased it, they told us we would have to contact AT&T corporate to get a replacement. Call corporate and we were told to contact the manufacturer. We did and were informed that they would not replace charger. The warranty only covered the device. If you can't charge it you can't use the device!!! Stay away from Samsung products. No Samsung, No FIRES.

Original review: July 27, 2016

Purchased two tablets since September 2014. The first tablet after 18 months had a freezing issue. Took it back to Best Buy. They reloaded firmware twice. They could not fix it. The Tablet was 18 months old. Samsung said it would cost $300 to fix. A new tablet was $299.00, so I bought a new tablet. Had the tablet less than 60 days. Plugged it in to charge. When I removed the charger while I was holding it in my hand the screen cracked where my thumb was place. Definitely a defect. Guess what they don't cover screens. The tablet is less than 60 day from my date of purchase. They find every way to wiggle out of consumer support. The general public should made aware of this. I never dropped this tablet, but of course they will say different. I believe the tablet it so thin and flimsy. It was a stress point that it cracked in my hand while holding it!!! Out money again.

Original review: June 6, 2016

Trying to arrange repair of Galaxy tab 4. I called the main Samsung line (800) 726-7864 and talked to the rep. He gave me a number to call in the US to arrange repair of my tablet. He referred me to (310) 669-4334. I called that number but no one answers nor do they have one of those announcements periodically that tells you that you have not been totally forgotten. So you sit there listening to an occasional announcement that your call is important to them and beep and bongs until you get frustrated and leave.

Original review: May 22, 2016

My Samsung laptop will be 4 years old this December and I've never had a problem with it. It has served me well through hours of work, games and movies. It's also easy to use and usually hassle-free when connecting with other devices. I even suggested it to my niece when she asked me what brand of laptop she should buy for school purposes.

Original review: May 10, 2016

Bought product at Office Depot. Worked for 2 months, sent in on warranty due to defective battery. Same problem happened again. Sent it in again. It worked for another month or so before the whole thing fried. Sick and tired of sending it back. Gave it to Office Depot manager. Moral of story, never buy Samsung products or shop at Office Depot.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: March 21, 2016

My Samsung tablets stopped working. After several attempts at finding a Samsung Customer Service Center to have them fixed, found out that there are only a handful of states with a location. I'm in Boston and have to fly to New Jersey to figure out what's wrong with the tablet. I can't walk to a Samsung technical support... there isn't any!! It's off to Apple, I go!!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2016

Last Xmas, a friend of 20 years give me a Samsung tablet, Galaxy Tab E 9.6 model. It operates on an Android system. I am a Windows guy since the MS-DOS day, almost the inception of the computer age back in the 60's. I don't know anything about this Android system, I felt I am too old to learn another system, so l left the tablet in the closet.

I note there are more and more people stay away from Windows and go Android and Apple. So I took my Samsung Tablet out from the closet and start learning how to use it. To my surprise, it takes me less than 20 minutes (honestly) to set up the tablet and operating it so easy. I notice there is Microsoft Office Pack (Word, Excel, Power Point, OneNote, OneDrive and Skype) installed in the tablet. I remember it takes me long time to learn the MS-DOS and Windows system.

The Android system is so simple and easy to operate, with the office pack installed, it almost have everything I need. I am using more and more on this Android tablet than my Windows DT, Notebook and Tablet. No wonder some of my friends use the Apple system and Android system, told me to switch long time ago.

I enjoy using my new Samsung tablet, its easy and fun!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2016

I reviewed tablets before purchasing the Samsung S TM-700 model. One of the major factors in doing so was the fact that this tablet had the android system Kit Kat 4.4.4 installed. Within about two weeks of making the purchase, I began getting notification that an update to the android system Lollipop was downloaded and ready to install! I had no desire to change to lollipop and therefore never clicked on the install button provided on the desktop and immediately left the page.

Suddenly, I turn on my tablet one day and there is a message on screen saying that I cannot use the tablet "Until it has finished installing the lollipop update" which is in progress. "Samsung had automatically 'FORCED' the installation of a system I detest." Now I don't know what my legal rights are in this situation but as far as consumers are concerned, this is clearly amounts to a "Bait and Switch". The item I now have is not "Now" the item I purchased. Without my consent or permission it has been automatically altered by the installation of a completely different android system.

I contacted the company and was informed the system could not be changed back and that a factory reset done by myself would still not restore my Kit Kat android system. After doing some research online it was stated by one commenter that "I believe factory reset might not work in your case, as after the update, the internal EEPROM must have been updated with new Lollipop image by Samsung." Which means that Samsung further ensured that "I" cannot reinstall Kit Kat.

The Samsung warranty does include the following statement. "Given the importance of receiving Updates for security software in a timely manner to defend against new threats, however, security-related Updates may be automatically downloaded and installed without your consent, even if you have disabled the Automatic Update function." In my opinion the entire change of my android system does not qualify nor justify the above action. I would really appreciate any advice, particularly Legal regarding what I can do in my situation. Many thanks!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2016

I purchased this tablet for my mom for Christmas thinking this would make a wonderful gift. I could not have been more wrong. 6 months into using it started having problems with charging the battery. Even though she purchased a very good anti-virus software, it began freezing and sticking all the time. Before even a year passed it completely stopped working. It wouldn't even charge, let alone turn on when connected to the charger. What a huge disappointment and waste of money purchasing this as a gift. However, the biggest disappointment is that I never even heard back from Samsung about doing anything to replace it or make things right. If anyone from Samsung reads this, please contact me regarding this.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2016

Samsung tablet SMT800. When I type, commas appear constantly as well as the letter m. And just yesterday them exclamation mark is showing up. I am not typing these characters in! This did not happen them first 6 months of ownership. I brought it into Samsung. They mailed out everything. All my pictures from my trip are GONE! They did not ask me to sign the line to indicate that I would lose everything! My tablet is still typing characters that I'm not typing. As you can see I made some corrections, but I have left some of these characters in so much can see for self. I will never buy another Samsung tablet ever again. And I think the least they could do is to replace this piece of junk with something else.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2016

I received a Samsung tablet for Christmas 2014. On January 1, 2016, it would no longer connect with wifi. It is a month over warranty, and repairs are more costly than the tablet is worth. I was told that tablets are "sensitive," and they last sometimes a year, and sometimes as long as 3 years. I used the tablet for a year and a week, and it is now a throw-away. Very disappointing.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2015

I have searched high and low as to why my Nook overheats and can't get a straight answer from anyone and from what I have been reading this is a problem for countless consumers. Barnes and Noble were no help, neither was Target and you stand as much chance calling the White House and getting an answer from Samsung.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2015

My son and I both used this tablet during the first month after I bought it. After that, I let him play on it, because not only is it slow to charge, the battery dies, even when it was fully charged. Example: I charged it for him to be at 100% yesterday before school. I put it on his bed, after homework he went in to play it and it was so dead it had to charge 1/2 before it would even show the battery charging on the screen. Then we had to reset it, again, just like usual. We never 'let' it die, but we cannot understand why it dies from 100% without being used. Will never buy another Samsung anything.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2015

Tablet is 2 years old now but the first time the battery went completely dead, it took over 2 days to charge it. I wondered if it was ruined and finally, it turned on. Second time, same story. Since then, I work hard not letting it fully discharge. Currently, I cannot trust the charging readout. I think it is charging and it isn't, I think it isn't and it is. Ugh! Other than this rather major problem, I like the tablet. Yep, I will not buy another Samsung Tablet. My son and his wife both bought Samsung S6 phones when they came out. They are both having charging issues now. My sister bought a Samsung S5 and it has always taken blurry pics. Glad I bought an iPhone 6s this year. I was using an iPhone 4 previously and only bought a new one to upgrade.

Take that reviewers of cell phones who think Samsung is better... give it some time, you won't. I think Samsung should be held accountable for their poor battery (charging) design, give us a fix even if we have to pay a nominal fee. I talk about new gadgets a lot and I am passing the word about this battery issue. Hope anyone reading this will also. It may be the only way to get Samsung's attention.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2015

Okay, first Samsung has me registered for a black tablet. Why I don't know mine is white. Second, my tablet causes my arms to go totally numb! I could be laid down and on my side. I could be not touching it directly. I could just turn it on and my hands are numb! Poof! Second, hot. This tablet gets hot in about 10 seconds... I literally have it taped to a foam kneeboard so I don't touch it and it isn't getting hot but my hand itself will get hot and numb!? What has it done to my poor hands!? The device will get blazing hot (with warmth obviously not heat) and it causes my hands to get hot. Too hot because they are also getting numb.

I already went over this but seriously my foot even gets numb and its not touching the computer!? My hand feels like its numb and hurting after holding the tab anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes. At other times I can sit it on a table and have little problem with it. It IS the tablet doing this because I also write in a notebook A LOT and never have these issues with heat sensation or actual heat (it can happen if you drag your hand edge on the paper as you write. I've had that happen before) or numbness. None. Not with writing or reading... Sitting in bed reading a long time. Okay I can see that. But really not even then. I cycle and my arms never give out or tire.

Seems possibly linked to other things but I have experimented with a two month cycle of not using the tablet. Turned it on. Within three days effects were evident. Smart remote also picks up phone contacts from LG phone. Had to get rid of that phone. Also affects smart tv and the remote is JUST for remote operation not program effect/effects. So my overall complaint is causes a nerve problem/interference, gets too hot, lack of remote control.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2015

I have a tablet Samsung in Feb 14 2015 as a gift. I barely use it. Cause my kids tablets and my phone. This tablet have problem charging just like other reviewers. Best Buy don't care, same as Samsung manufacture. It's defect product. Buy Apple is better than Samsung.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2015

I purchased a Samsung galaxy 10.1 on 16/10/15 and I had it for one day and it did not work. After that took it back and they replaced 5x and now it will be a 6th time. I love the tablet for its size but not doing my research before purchasing is what I should have done. There seems to be a lot of recalls on the Samsung galaxy tablets.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2015

My issue is my tablet shuts on & off. When it gets to 54% charging It shuts on & off. I am wondering if there has been an recall. I see many others complaining about the same problem. I have had my Tablet for almost a year from Best Buy.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2015

Bought a Samsung tablet in 2013 in Singapore. WIFI connection tripped out in June 2015. Called to get repair done by Samsung giving all details, product type and product's actual reference no. Charged £63.30 for repair, but it was sent back saying could not repair because it was bought outside Europe (I live in Jersey). Engineers flagged this up, but it should have been spotted by customer service as well!!! And then I would not have wasted £63.30. I wrote to Samsung saying this was a fault in their systems that should be rectified to prevent others from having to pay out for no reason. I had a 17.42 minute call to their customer service dept. trying to get them to understand that this was a systems error, but their rep. could not/would not understand what I was saying, and also refused to put me through to a supervisor despite asking at least 4 times. Poor show Samsung, and in my view, a complete ripoff.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2015

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 32 gig titanium bronze, which was exclusively from Best Buy. 3 months later, I find that my battery drains a lot quicker, and when it was hooked up to the wall, it would discharge with the OEM charger. I tried using another charger, and I was charging now at 1% per half hour. I called them, and service is horrible. Hours went by on hold and they told me to send the tablet to them and a week later they will have fixed the issue and have it sent back to me. When I received it after a week and 3 days, I got it back with the screen cracked, and it wouldn't turn on. I immediately called their number and the guy was very unhelpful and asked for a billing option. I asked to be transferred to his manager and after an hour on hold he was still there, he didn't transfer me.

Finally, I received an email address where I could send pictures of the tablet and packaging to. Then, they said a ups driver would PICK UP the tablet, and they would make 3 attempts. On the first attempt, instead of picking it up, he just dropped off the label without ringing the doorbell. I had to run barefoot to catch him, which wasn't easy, since he was in a truck. I received many thorns in my foot from weeds as well. He finally took my tablet and Samsung said they would approve a replacement in 3 to 5 days. It took them 5 days and daily phone calls, and hours on hold, for them to approve.

They offered me an "upgrade" to a Tab Pro 12.2 32GB in WHITE because they didn't have the tablet I had, which didn't have the AMOLED screen, fingerprint scanner, portability, lightness, color, of my original tablet. Then, they said it will take 2 weeks for me to receive a new tablet. In total, I have been tablet-less for about 2 months, and during my break too, which is very upsetting. Never getting a Samsung product again.

Original review: July 11, 2015

Samsung galaxy note 2 10.1 tablet - I had and still have it and within a year the charging port stopped working. Unbelievable at the price of this tablet to have such a cheap as defective problem caused by Samsung's inability to a decent port in. This is a common problem with these model tablets. Samsung should have done a recall knowing it's defective and fixed the problem to the consumers. I am very angry over this.

I own Samsung everything washers, dryers, tvs, phs and don't get me started on the Note two issues. I done! Samsung you have lost a loyal customer over this stuff. You manufacturers make these expensive items but don't back up the defective issues. It's time we all file reports with BB and consumer affairs. I am sure with all the thousand complaints a class action suit is in order. I bought this at Best Buy. I would have to contact them to get receipt etc. Which I can do. I stopped using the tablet one year ago over this issue. What a waste. I got one year of use soon as it went out of manufacturers warranty I am screwed. My Note 2 phone same thing. Home button stopped working, now it won't charge. 600 bucks wasted. I am tired of paying for constant repairs.

Original review: June 18, 2015

To make this 3 months story short, it's looks like that. It's all started from mandatory update from Samsung, which I couldn't avoid. My tablet worked perfectly fine. After that "update" all I've got is just black screen and no response from Samsung service. The numbers they giving until now {!} are NOT WORKING NUMBERS! Including service numbers like "Contact the Depot Tracking Team at (310) 669-4334." (Try it now!) and everything else I was getting from different computer shops! Only ones I received call from Spanish speaking person, who was asking me to pay $200 dollars in advance for sending me a label to look (!) at my issue. I asked to call me when I'm not driving and that was the end of Samsung customer service.

Original review: June 16, 2015

I bought 10.1 tablet from Costco in Christmas 2015, I barely got to use it. I got it to use for my international travel. I have less than 10 hours of using the tablet. It just went black all of sudden after 4 months. I called Costco who then connected me to Samsung tech. They asked me to shipped it to them to repair. After send it to Samsung twice, Samsung informed me that my tablet had water damage. I have to pay 199.00 to repair. I was outrageous. I informed Samsung tech that I am insults by that convenience assumptions of Samsung tech. I Know that I did not Ever drop or use the tablet near the water. Afterwards I Google Samsung tablet - problematic. To my surprise Samsung tablet have many problems like mine. The complaint was on and on. Costco would not do anything about it and Samsung is useless. I'm out 320.00 and I'll never ever buy another Samsung products. Buyers beware.

Original review: June 9, 2015

I've owned Galaxy tablet for less than a year. From day one, tab has had charging problems. Charges too slowly. Won't hold charge... I called in once and was told to buy a new cord. That didn't work. No charge at all now. Called in to find a service center. Transferred back and forth because model number is not readable. No one can direct me to a service center because I can't provide that information, despite having called in before. Samsung customer service not helpful and the product is unreliable. My wife has Apple products. Excellent service. Walk in service desk where we replaced lost charge cord once. No phone, tablet or laptop issues ever. She's right. I should switch to Apple for that reason alone.

Original review: May 13, 2015

I bought Samsung Tab 3 around Christmas time in 2013. Immediately after opening the box, the Tab3 had problem, it was always turning black, so I returned it and bought another one. This time it lasted for 6 months, then it had issue charging. So I contacted the Samsung customer service in September, since it's still within warranty, they repair it for free and shipped it back to me in November 2014.

Now six month later, the same problem appeared, it couldn't charge. So I called the Samsung, they said they couldn't find my record of repair, unless I can find any approve of record, they are not responsible for repair. Ten minutes later, I found all my record of when I shipped in and when they sent it back, so I called again, this time, they said they can pull all my information from their system. They have the record of repair last year (so why they told me they couldn't find repair record? If I couldn't find all record myself, they would never admit I sent it in for repair!), but since it's out of warranty, I have to pay out of my own pocket for repair.

I talked to them indicating it's the bad quality of their product, why would I need to keep repairing every six months. They transferred me to another department... overall I wasted all my time talking to the customer service, finding all my records... so why bother buying Samsung product? If you did buy it, don't repair it, because you need to repair it again in a few months. This is what they want you to do: buy a new gadget every year!

Original review: April 12, 2015

I owned my tablet for over a year. One day it stopped charging. I didn't purchased the extended warranty. Samsung said to send it in. They weren't going to fix it for free. So it's sitting in the drawer and I will not purchase another Samsung product. I also had a problem with my Samsung phone which they fixed, but I had to turn on my old phone while they fix this phone, which cost me $60. I lost faith in the Samsung products.

Original review: April 10, 2015

I will never buy another Samsung product ever! I bought a tablet 10.1. They will refuse to give another charger unless I send them the tablet. I think that is so crazy.

Original review: March 25, 2015

Samsung tablet galaxy 4 - Just bought this tablet, I have to say that I should have known I would be disappointed because I hated my android phone too. My very first issue with the tablet was that the camera sucks!! Pictures come out super blurry and there are no settings to change the anti shake wtf. Then I'm trying to email someone and it freezes up so I have to reboot losing a lengthy email :( Then there's the fact that it updates everything like on the hr, rarely do I look at the ** screen and it's not doing an update or demanding me to authorize one, that's so annoying. Feels like I have a child constantly nagging at me! Last but certainly not least I can't listen to Youtube or ANYTHING else online and browse at the same time, I really can't stand the last one and am currently saving for an iPad cause of it, I'll give this to my 1 yr old son, he's probably more intelligent and by far more productive!

Original review: March 24, 2015

By 45 days ownership. Would not hold charge. Software never would say less than 98 percent but would die after two hours use. Sent in for service. Returned with same issues. Tech saying they could not replicate problem. After two hours use I reshipped back in same week. Received same call. Could not duplicate issues. Sprint even with insurance would not help! Never buy until they resolve these product and service issues.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2015

My tablet locked up and would not charge after about 9 months. I was told it was in the Odin Mode, whatever that is. Samsung replaced it under the warranty, but after another six months the replacement tablet powered off and would not take a charge. Verizon said that I had no option but to buy another tablet. I went to a Samsung repair center and had to wait 3 hours for them to re-power the machine. I hope the tablet last until my contract is up.

I own this Samsung tablet and a Samsung android phone. Judging from the many other similar complaining posting on this problem on this product, it sounds like many other owners have had the same problem and they have been treated even worse. The watches look pretty cool and I was considering buying one and upgrading, but because of this problem and the many complaints I see here, I will never buy another Samsung product, because the company obviously has a problem with the battery, charger, or something on this product and refuses to acknowledge it. This is not standing behind your product.

Further, Verizon has lost my confidence. If I can not go back to the seller and be treated fairly with respect and consideration, I am done. Thanks Samsung for screwing it up for me, the other posters, Verizon and everyone who buys any Samsung product without checking out the postings like I should have done. Lesson learned!!!!

Samsung Tablets Company Information