1.33/5
Based on 76 reviews that contain star ratings

77 Samsung Tablets Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

On June 22, 2018, I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab A and it quit working in August 2018. Best Buy in Calgary, Alberta, Canada replaced the defective one with a new tablet on August 14, 2018. The second tablet quit working Oct. 3, 2018. The Samsung Galaxy Tab A is defective and Samsung and Best Buy should not be selling it.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Please do NOT buy any Samsung products unless you are willing to settle for a throw-away item, and horrendous customer service. Earlier this month, I contacted Samsung Support by telephone regarding my Galaxy Tab S2 (8.0, 4G) with the issue of a swollen battery. Sound familiar? They took my information, as well as the tablet information, and emailed me a repair order confirmation plus a UPS label to ship the tablet to the Samsung Repair Center in New Jersey. Shortly thereafter, I received an email that stated that due to the tablet being an international model, they could not fix it but would be returning it to me without service.

I then contacted eGlobal Central US, where I originally purchased the tablet, and they were of no help either. eGlobal Central US stated that they would not work on an out-of-warranty tablet. I again contacted Samsung Support, this time by chat, and asked them where I could get this tablet serviced. The Samsung representative told me to take it to my local uBreakiFix, which I did. uBreakiFix informed me that they cannot fix this tablet either because it is an international model and that they must abide by Samsung directives as an "Authorized Service Center." Oddly enough, it was the Samsung Support representative, himself, who told me to go to uBreakiFix, knowing full well that this tablet was an international model.

In my final attempt to get a new battery for my tablet, I emailed the CEO of Samsung yesterday to lodge my complaint. One of his assistants called me this morning to tell me to ship it to China. I told him that was ridiculous. He said there was nothing that they can do about it. I must state here that my Galaxy S7 has also been hit with the swollen battery issue which actually popped off the backplate of the phone. I took it to uBreakiFix for a battery replacement. They almost sent me away because they said that I had taken the phone apart in an attempt to fix it. *insert eye roll here* Then they did not even want to handle it because the representative thought it, "might explode at any minute." *insert double eye roll here*

They finally decided to fix it, and it cost a whopping $189 for a battery, almost the same amount as the phone is worth today. I currently have several other Samsung products, including a Galaxy S9 and another larger version of the Tab S2, but I am furious! I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER SAMSUNG DEVICE EVER AGAIN!!! I will also be sure to mention this experience to all of my friends and colleagues, and suggest that they pass the word.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I used my tablet (ST-350) to check emails and Facebook when I am away from the computer. This morning I wake and tablet would not respond. Placed it on the charger to see if the battery had run down, no indication of charge. I noticed the case was warm and as I inspected the back the case is actually melted. Glad I caught it before it could have started a fire.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

It was working fine and we had no issues till the 13th month, which is incidentally a month after expiry of warranty. When picked up late at night, it was extremely hot (idle). It would not come on, reset or shut down and continued to heat till we became afraid it would catch fire or explode. After half an hour of trying it reset or switched off without the screen coming on. Two visits to the Samsung service center revealed a burnt motherboard and Display. Cost of repairs - 75% of the cost of purchase. It is now a piece of junk furniture. Not everyone can afford a Tablet every year.

Original review: June 26, 2018

No problems at all. Really well engineered. Even though the 2 GB ram is small compared to some other tablets. The quad 1.6 GHz processors are still very fast.

This android tablet is easily comparable to an Apple brand iPad. No freezing up or crashes, real quality for the price. The best product I ever reviewed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: April 27, 2018

https://youtu. be/X0S-s_GByCg I think the video link above kinda says it all however, long story short. Presented my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (10.1) SM-T530 with a battery that had imploded and smashed the screen from within. Samsung Cambodia (official repairer and representative of Samsung) said they can not fix it and will not fix it but acknowledged that the battery was faulty - scary given I have 2 more of these I use for my charity work (solo HIV charity worker here). I told them I was going to post the whole thing on Facebook and they suddenly wanted the docket back - the piece of paper that proves I had lodged the item for repair. I refused, this is my only proof and I am keeping it.

As I was leaving staff chased me out the door, I calmly got on my moto and kicked started her (Daisy is her name - Yamaha Fino - love her to bits) and the staff member and guard stood in my way, stopping me from leaving. I said move please I am going home and the guard reached over (hitting my arm - yes I am bruised) took the keys out of the ignition and I swiftly snatched them back from him. I was and am in shock, how can you act like this... This is Samsung... S A M S U N G. I buy a product with an exploding battery and I get hit because of it... What the hell? Unbelievable.

Original review: April 14, 2018

My Tab S2 proved to have an original equipment problem which Samsung admitted could not be fixed. They approved a 'like kind' replacement. I accepted a similar tablet, refurbished. Nevertheless, Samsung has declined to either return my old machine or to send a replacement. After repeated calls spanning three months Samsung has, every time, assured me that I would be contacted within 48 hours. Not one reply has ever been received. A contact with the Office of the President did result in a return call assuring me that I would receive two calls that very day. One from Tech and one from the troubleshooter. No calls were received. All replies, including at the highest level, are being squelched. This suggests a very high level coverup of what is surely a much larger problem than just my tablet. The only reasonable assumption is that they are hiding from a possible recall issue. They have effectively stolen my tablet as part of their coverup.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I spoke with three different entities at Samsung about my Tablet (SM-T310), and I explained three times what the problem was and what I had done to try to fix the problem. The closest I got to a real answer was "it sounds like you have a hardware problem." I know I have a hardware problem, but the "holding fee" of $129 to repair the tablet is higher than what I can purchase a working tablet for on the open market. Sadly, I am not in a position to replace the tablet, and the proposed fee is unacceptable and disappointing. The service overall was inconsistent and not what I expect from a company such as Samsung.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

Samsung 10.1 2014 edition tablet - has never ever been dropped. Has always had an Otterbox case. 6 months ago the screen went black. I did the YouTube fix (detaching the screen cable) this worked for a while. But when tablet is turned off the black screen problem appears again. The screen now won't come on at all. I've researched all over the web, this is a COMMON FAULT!!! I will never ever buy a SAMSUNG product again. I just bought a Huawei Mate 10 phone, DO NOT TRUST SAMSUNG!! There is a review saying something about a kill switch after 3 years, I know this sounds like a conspiracy theory, but my tablet is in immaculate condition, and screen just stops working, this is pathetic, only 2 years old!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

Ordered a kid tablet for my daughter for Christmas gift on December 4. December 23 no product as promised by customer service. I canceled the order. Received cancel confirmation. Money will reimburse back in 5-10 business days. Called and emailed every week with no luck. STILL WAITING ON MY REFUND. NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM SAMSUNG DIRECT ANYMORE.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

Received a Galaxy tab (Samsung tablet A 10.1) a as a gift for my birthday back in Feb of 2017. By June of 2017 the thing would not come on out is suppose to have a year warranty but when I took it back to Best Buy they claimed they could not do anything due to me not having a receipt although they can look up by serial number. I received no help. My cousin lives in a different state so there is no way she can come in with her credit card. I can get no help from Best Buy or Samsung. This company should have to replace these defective devices. They know there is a problem with this product but they refuse to help. Their license to sell in America should be revoked. Never will I buy Samsung and I use to love them. I had phone tv than everything that I'm ready to sell and go with LG. They have always had great products.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Am sharing my issues related to Samsung tablet A 10.1" which I bought from Dubai and am here in Karachi, Pakistan. After a month usage it started giving a black screen and I took it to repair shop as in Karachi. No Samsung tablet repair service centre is not there. So the ribbon problem is there and secondly after 4 months the tablet has shown another issues that was the charging ic issue and now it's of no use as it's with me like a junk piece. Can any Samsung repair person pls. Guide me? Can anyone guide me for the tablet repair or provide me the guideline. Need help desperately as it's a very costly tablet and totally in vain. Need someone to help me regarding the service or repair of the said tablet at Karachi, Pakistan.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I've had two Samsung tablets and my son has one. All three just stopped working for no reason at around three years. They could not be fixed. I believe Samsung has a kill switch in these machines so they can sell more of them.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I purchased a Samsung Tab A for gaming, email and to watch movies and for the first 4 - 5 weeks I was very satisfied. But after the 4th 5th week, anytime it was below 50% battery life left, it would randomly reset itself. So, I just made sure that I would charge it when it close to the half way mark. This went on for maybe 2 weeks of daily use and then it worked it self up to anything below 90% and it will automatically reset itself whenever it feels like and sometimes goes into a reset loop with plugging it in to a power source being the way out of the loop or timing it right with hard reset by holding the top 2 keys on the right and the center key at the bottom simultaneously bringing up a service screen where you can perform a factory, reset, a restore, wipe the cache, install updates or reboot.

I tried all of things with no change and then noticed that when powered down, my battery life indicator read different then powered up. That's when an online search informed me that there is a problem with the battery and it needs to be repaired or replaced. I feel that Samsung dropped the ball on these and should have done a recall. I have lost total faith in them after this along with the last 2 phones that I've bought that also had issues in quality parts. I own 2 TVs, washer and dryer, multiple phones and the Tab A, all bearing the Samsung logo and they all for sale, I'm through with Samsung.

Original review: July 31, 2017

Sent my 2 year old Samsung Galaxy tablet to Samsung for repair the first of June. Did not hear from them and every time I called I got the run around. Finally, contacted the BBB and Samsung finally called and said it was in the tech department. Got a call from them and they said it would be $199 for repair. I can get a new one for that. Then I received a phone call stating I would get the repair done at no cost. However, today (two months later) I received it via UPS and a note was in it (not signed) saying it could not be done because of cost. SAMSUNG Service is TERRIBLE. I believe they should still repair it because of the trouble they have given me.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I purchased a Tab E because I was told I could buy HDMI cable and watch movies on my television. He neglected to inform me that Samsung no longer makes the cable so I cannot connect to my TV. Now I am stuck with a device for two years that I can't use. I tried to watch Amazon movies, can't do that either. The sound is horrible and you have to wear ear buds to hear. Do not purchase this tablet.

Original review: April 26, 2017

Purchased a brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 - 2016 release directly from Samsung... December 2016. A few weeks ago (around 4/12/17) I called Samsung Support in the USA. I informed that the tablet usb charger was getting very, very hot and that it burned my hand. I was instructed to return it via UPS so I did.

On 4/24/17 - I received a replacement that was refurbished, not new. I will say that the tablet was in mint condition when I returned it... no scratched or anything (have pictures). Today (4/26/17), I received a phone call from some man from Samsung Support doing a follow-up call. I told him I was disappointed that a multi-billion company would replace a defective tablet... less than 6 mos old with a refurbished product and that I noticed that power button doesn't also prompt with Power Off display and that I will not buy anymore Samsung products in the future. Guest what... he hung-up on me. Not even decent customer service. You know, the bigger they are... the harder they fall. They have amassed billions of dollars in the USA. Shameful!!!

Original review: April 25, 2017

I sent in my tablet for repair a month ago. Signed up for updates. Well here we are a month later and not once has Samsung updated me with a status regarding my tablet. They gave me a turn around time of 7 days and we are a month in. Every time I call I get the same run around. They advise that they do not know what the hold up is and that I have to wait. They have no info at all. I paid for this. It's not something I got for free. All they do is apologize and tell me to wait. I have never heard of such a thing. They promised to call me by the end of the day which never happened. The worst service and customer service ever. I will be filing a complaint with Consumer Affairs.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

Tablet needs charging when it reaches 45% charge. Then it automatically shuts off. And gets warmer than usual if left on charge too long, to charge. I personally went to went Samsung site, and complained most a year ago & never received a response. And uploaded the receipt from Best Buy. I was told by Best Buy store there were a limited edition of Samsung pro tablet at time I bought this tablet. And I had already has it a year. Later when I started having the issues so BEST couldn't replace my tablet. Or refund being it had only made a LIMITED EDITION at THAT TIME!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

I purchased the Samsung Galaxy tablet A. It blinks on and off all the time and it is brand new. I really like the tablet a lot but this is the third try. And I'm returning this one because it's doing the same thing. I believe it's a manufacture defect.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

This tablet died quick at 58 percent. Is the third I got from y'all is nothing but freaking headache... the worst I ever bought. It cost my son about 800.00 dollars... piece crap all the way; whoever made it was ** - me ** for buying it. I can't wait to let it go for good. I would recommend not to buy this piece of **. Ever. A waste of my money. Get this - I just got this tablet; this year is still piece of **.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

I bought this 6-10-2015. By August it was malfunctioning. This tablet has proven to be completely unreliable. It doesn't hold a charge well, even after 6-8 hours plugged in. If it says 100% charge, by 34% it's shutting itself down. It cycles on and off by itself. It opens multiple apps that I never use, and run them in the background. If it wasn't for the McAfee program I installed I'd never know they were active and draining resources.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

On 9 September 2014 my daughter and I were persuaded to purchase 2 Samsung Note 10.1 tablets at Currys/ PC World at a cost of £350 each. If only we had read the reviews!! However we were tech-unsavvy and easily impressed. Whilst my machine has worked adequately, that of my daughter gave up the ghost at the age of 2 years 1 month. PC World would not undertake repairs and quoted Samsung's charge out rate of £90/hour to examine the machine with remedial costs to add on. She has now bought another tablet for less than £80. I appreciate that we did not take out extra insurance, but we did think that such an expensive machine would last longer without repair/total annihilation, and we have certainly learned the lesson to research before purchase. Samsung?... no thank you. Caveat empty!!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I was considering switching away from Apple to go to a smaller not so mass produced company. I regret the mistake. I got an inexpensive tablet to stream videos and occasionally write or draw on. I regret buying the device. I only use it now to stream videos. It takes six + hours to charge fully. On the first handful of charges the charger got so hot I had to pull it off the wall with a oven mitt. I contacted them about the issue but they were more concerned about injuries with a potential lawsuit; than replacing the defective product. I do not trust my device to be left alone in the wall to charge. After replacing the charger with a third party one it no longer overheats. Due to safety concerns I would not recommend Samsung products. After this experience with their products I believe I will go back to apple.

A few other things that drive me crazy: The device has two buttons near one side of the device. My hand is constantly tapping them disrupting my project or video. The only way to disable them is to hack into the programming and add in another line of code to disable them. It updates without your permission even with the settings turned off. This is obnoxious considering I found over the years devices you purchase operate best on the operating system they come with. Apple includes obstinate software to disable their older devices. I was forced to update my older devices and it crashed within about six months. That is why I tried Samsung but I think I'll go back to Apple and just jailbreak them.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2016

Purchased the tablet on Sept 29, 2016, tried to charge device on Oct 5, 2016. Charger got so hot we had to use gloves to remove it from the wall. Went to the AT&T store on Oct 8, 2016 where we purchased it, they told us we would have to contact AT&T corporate to get a replacement. Call corporate and we were told to contact the manufacturer. We did and were informed that they would not replace charger. The warranty only covered the device. If you can't charge it you can't use the device!!! Stay away from Samsung products. No Samsung, No FIRES.

Original review: July 27, 2016

Purchased two tablets since September 2014. The first tablet after 18 months had a freezing issue. Took it back to Best Buy. They reloaded firmware twice. They could not fix it. The Tablet was 18 months old. Samsung said it would cost $300 to fix. A new tablet was $299.00, so I bought a new tablet. Had the tablet less than 60 days. Plugged it in to charge. When I removed the charger while I was holding it in my hand the screen cracked where my thumb was place. Definitely a defect. Guess what they don't cover screens. The tablet is less than 60 day from my date of purchase. They find every way to wiggle out of consumer support. The general public should made aware of this. I never dropped this tablet, but of course they will say different. I believe the tablet it so thin and flimsy. It was a stress point that it cracked in my hand while holding it!!! Out money again.

Original review: June 6, 2016

Trying to arrange repair of Galaxy tab 4. I called the main Samsung line (800) 726-7864 and talked to the rep. He gave me a number to call in the US to arrange repair of my tablet. He referred me to (310) 669-4334. I called that number but no one answers nor do they have one of those announcements periodically that tells you that you have not been totally forgotten. So you sit there listening to an occasional announcement that your call is important to them and beep and bongs until you get frustrated and leave.

Original review: May 22, 2016

My Samsung laptop will be 4 years old this December and I've never had a problem with it. It has served me well through hours of work, games and movies. It's also easy to use and usually hassle-free when connecting with other devices. I even suggested it to my niece when she asked me what brand of laptop she should buy for school purposes.

Original review: May 10, 2016

Bought product at Office Depot. Worked for 2 months, sent in on warranty due to defective battery. Same problem happened again. Sent it in again. It worked for another month or so before the whole thing fried. Sick and tired of sending it back. Gave it to Office Depot manager. Moral of story, never buy Samsung products or shop at Office Depot.

Original review: March 21, 2016

My Samsung tablets stopped working. After several attempts at finding a Samsung Customer Service Center to have them fixed, found out that there are only a handful of states with a location. I'm in Boston and have to fly to New Jersey to figure out what's wrong with the tablet. I can't walk to a Samsung technical support... there isn't any!! It's off to Apple, I go!!

Samsung Tablets Company Information