Samsung Tablets
1.30/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Samsung Tablets

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Samsung Tablets Reviews

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I bought Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6 16 GB mainly for reading in the train. However, although fully charged, this tablet did not work every day. Sometimes it did and sometimes it did not. I contacted Samsung about it, they told me to send it and the charger to Samsung ASC Service. I did as instructed, although I live in Brooklyn New York and really have other things to spend my time for. But put this aside, here is what happened. They took my good charger, put the broken one instead in the box and sent the tablet back to me. It still does not work. I have a broken charger and a defected tablet. I paid for it, I wasted my time on dealing with them. Oh and the phone conversation with them... You'll get to hear all their advertisements while you wait. No one will get there for 20 min. Then they will be nice but useless. If you really want to waste some money and time and feel helpless and powerless, buy Samsung product.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

My mother bought this tablet for me as a Christmas gift on Black Friday of 2017. This was a wonderful idea at first, because as an artist, I could use the tablet as something to sketch on given that it had pen pressure and a palm rejection feature for drawing (although I would recommend anyone buying similar tablets with palm rejection to purchase a drawing glove to prevent the screen from jerking during drawing). For a good while, this was my go-to on-the-go drawing device, as my Fujitsu Lifebook T5010 was reliable, but clunky and old as it came out in 2006.

Fast forward to a week ago, where I go to charge my tablet to do some work, and I find that it's stuck in some kind of update/reboot loop. It's unresponsive to my key presses (an attempt to hard reset it) and when I contact Samsung, they tell me that I need to send it in for repairs. I'm like, "Okay cool. How much." And I'm initially told that it would be 65 USD to repair, and 19.95 USD for shipping. That seemed fair, given the purchase price was less than 300 for the whole tablet. Fast forward EVEN MORE to the next day, when they call me and say "Oh, by the way, since your tablet is out of warranty, we require a 140 USD holding fee."

I immediately tell them to cancel my ticket for repairs. With that much money, I could buy a used Huion drawing tablet off of eBay given the right person, which is much more suited to my setup now. I find it ridiculous that the warranty only lasts a year. It seems like Samsung knows this, and gets their products to last juuust outside of the warranty so that people shell out their cash for tablets when they could be better off buying from some other company. This was my first experience with Samsung, and it will absolutely be my last.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Purchased tablet A from Costco, after 6 months was not charging properly. Samsung sent me to U-Fix-It, they were useless and the same problem persisted. They told me it was probably the port and sent me to the new store in the Eaton Centre. They now tell me it needs a whole new board and they don't have the part in stock! I am heading out of town for 1 month and don't have a tablet, would never recommend Samsung again. Originally had a Tablet 10 and it broke down after a couple of years. I guess the iPad will be my next purchase.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I have owned a Windows-based Galaxy Tab Pro 4S for almost two years. The machine failed several months ago and after troubleshooting the device I determined that it was a battery issue. Without going into the details I found Samsung to be unresponsive, unhelpful and unwilling to assist in the resolution. I attempted to purchase a replacement battery from them to do the repair myself (I have 40 years of relevant IT experience) and they refused to sell it to me. Their counter was to have me send it to them at a cost of approximately $350 so that they could 'troubleshoot' the issue and then charge me the additional cost of parts and labor to finish the repairs. The machine only cost $650 new. Charging half the cost to fix it because it was out of warranty is totally unjustified in my opinion.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

The S2 battery is awful, I only downloaded a couple games, never use it for anything else... I turned off any notifications, alerts or anything else that could possibly drain the battery. Why the hell does the battery drain in an hour? I stop the games manually when I'm not using them by my settings, but still drains, you people are nothing but money grubs. Now I have to go and what figure out at Best Buy what can possibly be done about it? I am posting this to Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram...you stink.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I purchased a Samsung 7" tablet for my granddaughter on Jan. 8, 2018 to replace the model she had for 2 years. It "froze" and then would not charge, this was on May 30, 2018. I called support & they sent me a "new" (probably refurbished) tablet. I sent the "broken" one back. On July 31, 2018 the same situation occurred. I again called support & a "new" tablet was mailed to me. I sent the "broken" one back. Here we go again - Nov. 23 the same problem occurred. My son-in-law did some research & told me that there appears to be a battery problem with these tablets. I will call support again & this time I will mail it back. I just ordered a Fire Tablet for my granddaughter, I've had it with the Samsung tablet!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

On June 22, 2018, I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab A and it quit working in August 2018. Best Buy in Calgary, Alberta, Canada replaced the defective one with a new tablet on August 14, 2018. The second tablet quit working Oct. 3, 2018. The Samsung Galaxy Tab A is defective and Samsung and Best Buy should not be selling it.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Please do NOT buy any Samsung products unless you are willing to settle for a throw-away item, and horrendous customer service. Earlier this month, I contacted Samsung Support by telephone regarding my Galaxy Tab S2 (8.0, 4G) with the issue of a swollen battery. Sound familiar? They took my information, as well as the tablet information, and emailed me a repair order confirmation plus a UPS label to ship the tablet to the Samsung Repair Center in New Jersey. Shortly thereafter, I received an email that stated that due to the tablet being an international model, they could not fix it but would be returning it to me without service.

I then contacted eGlobal Central US, where I originally purchased the tablet, and they were of no help either. eGlobal Central US stated that they would not work on an out-of-warranty tablet. I again contacted Samsung Support, this time by chat, and asked them where I could get this tablet serviced. The Samsung representative told me to take it to my local uBreakiFix, which I did. uBreakiFix informed me that they cannot fix this tablet either because it is an international model and that they must abide by Samsung directives as an "Authorized Service Center." Oddly enough, it was the Samsung Support representative, himself, who told me to go to uBreakiFix, knowing full well that this tablet was an international model.

In my final attempt to get a new battery for my tablet, I emailed the CEO of Samsung yesterday to lodge my complaint. One of his assistants called me this morning to tell me to ship it to China. I told him that was ridiculous. He said there was nothing that they can do about it. I must state here that my Galaxy S7 has also been hit with the swollen battery issue which actually popped off the backplate of the phone. I took it to uBreakiFix for a battery replacement. They almost sent me away because they said that I had taken the phone apart in an attempt to fix it. *insert eye roll here* Then they did not even want to handle it because the representative thought it, "might explode at any minute." *insert double eye roll here*

They finally decided to fix it, and it cost a whopping $189 for a battery, almost the same amount as the phone is worth today. I currently have several other Samsung products, including a Galaxy S9 and another larger version of the Tab S2, but I am furious! I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER SAMSUNG DEVICE EVER AGAIN!!! I will also be sure to mention this experience to all of my friends and colleagues, and suggest that they pass the word.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I used my tablet (ST-350) to check emails and Facebook when I am away from the computer. This morning I wake and tablet would not respond. Placed it on the charger to see if the battery had run down, no indication of charge. I noticed the case was warm and as I inspected the back the case is actually melted. Glad I caught it before it could have started a fire.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

It was working fine and we had no issues till the 13th month, which is incidentally a month after expiry of warranty. When picked up late at night, it was extremely hot (idle). It would not come on, reset or shut down and continued to heat till we became afraid it would catch fire or explode. After half an hour of trying it reset or switched off without the screen coming on. Two visits to the Samsung service center revealed a burnt motherboard and Display. Cost of repairs - 75% of the cost of purchase. It is now a piece of junk furniture. Not everyone can afford a Tablet every year.

Samsung Tablets Company Information