1.27/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 14, 2018

71 Samsung Tablets Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 14, 2018

My Tab S2 proved to have an original equipment problem which Samsung admitted could not be fixed. They approved a 'like kind' replacement. I accepted a similar tablet, refurbished. Nevertheless, Samsung has declined to either return my old machine or to send a replacement. After repeated calls spanning three months Samsung has, every time, assured me that I would be contacted within 48 hours. Not one reply has ever been received. A contact with the Office of the President did result in a return call assuring me that I would receive two calls that very day. One from Tech and one from the troubleshooter. No calls were received. All replies, including at the highest level, are being squelched. This suggests a very high level coverup of what is surely a much larger problem than just my tablet. The only reasonable assumption is that they are hiding from a possible recall issue. They have effectively stolen my tablet as part of their coverup.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I spoke with three different entities at Samsung about my Tablet (SM-T310), and I explained three times what the problem was and what I had done to try to fix the problem. The closest I got to a real answer was "it sounds like you have a hardware problem." I know I have a hardware problem, but the "holding fee" of $129 to repair the tablet is higher than what I can purchase a working tablet for on the open market. Sadly, I am not in a position to replace the tablet, and the proposed fee is unacceptable and disappointing. The service overall was inconsistent and not what I expect from a company such as Samsung.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

Samsung 10.1 2014 edition tablet - has never ever been dropped. Has always had an Otterbox case. 6 months ago the screen went black. I did the YouTube fix (detaching the screen cable) this worked for a while. But when tablet is turned off the black screen problem appears again. The screen now won't come on at all. I've researched all over the web, this is a COMMON FAULT!!! I will never ever buy a SAMSUNG product again. I just bought a Huawei Mate 10 phone, DO NOT TRUST SAMSUNG!! There is a review saying something about a kill switch after 3 years, I know this sounds like a conspiracy theory, but my tablet is in immaculate condition, and screen just stops working, this is pathetic, only 2 years old!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

Ordered a kid tablet for my daughter for Christmas gift on December 4. December 23 no product as promised by customer service. I canceled the order. Received cancel confirmation. Money will reimburse back in 5-10 business days. Called and emailed every week with no luck. STILL WAITING ON MY REFUND. NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM SAMSUNG DIRECT ANYMORE.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

Received a Galaxy tab (Samsung tablet A 10.1) a as a gift for my birthday back in Feb of 2017. By June of 2017 the thing would not come on out is suppose to have a year warranty but when I took it back to Best Buy they claimed they could not do anything due to me not having a receipt although they can look up by serial number. I received no help. My cousin lives in a different state so there is no way she can come in with her credit card. I can get no help from Best Buy or Samsung. This company should have to replace these defective devices. They know there is a problem with this product but they refuse to help. Their license to sell in America should be revoked. Never will I buy Samsung and I use to love them. I had phone tv than everything that I'm ready to sell and go with LG. They have always had great products.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Am sharing my issues related to Samsung tablet A 10.1" which I bought from Dubai and am here in Karachi, Pakistan. After a month usage it started giving a black screen and I took it to repair shop as in Karachi. No Samsung tablet repair service centre is not there. So the ribbon problem is there and secondly after 4 months the tablet has shown another issues that was the charging ic issue and now it's of no use as it's with me like a junk piece. Can any Samsung repair person pls. Guide me? Can anyone guide me for the tablet repair or provide me the guideline. Need help desperately as it's a very costly tablet and totally in vain. Need someone to help me regarding the service or repair of the said tablet at Karachi, Pakistan.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I've had two Samsung tablets and my son has one. All three just stopped working for no reason at around three years. They could not be fixed. I believe Samsung has a kill switch in these machines so they can sell more of them.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I purchased a Samsung Tab A for gaming, email and to watch movies and for the first 4 - 5 weeks I was very satisfied. But after the 4th 5th week, anytime it was below 50% battery life left, it would randomly reset itself. So, I just made sure that I would charge it when it close to the half way mark. This went on for maybe 2 weeks of daily use and then it worked it self up to anything below 90% and it will automatically reset itself whenever it feels like and sometimes goes into a reset loop with plugging it in to a power source being the way out of the loop or timing it right with hard reset by holding the top 2 keys on the right and the center key at the bottom simultaneously bringing up a service screen where you can perform a factory, reset, a restore, wipe the cache, install updates or reboot.

I tried all of things with no change and then noticed that when powered down, my battery life indicator read different then powered up. That's when an online search informed me that there is a problem with the battery and it needs to be repaired or replaced. I feel that Samsung dropped the ball on these and should have done a recall. I have lost total faith in them after this along with the last 2 phones that I've bought that also had issues in quality parts. I own 2 TVs, washer and dryer, multiple phones and the Tab A, all bearing the Samsung logo and they all for sale, I'm through with Samsung.

Original review: July 31, 2017

Sent my 2 year old Samsung Galaxy tablet to Samsung for repair the first of June. Did not hear from them and every time I called I got the run around. Finally, contacted the BBB and Samsung finally called and said it was in the tech department. Got a call from them and they said it would be $199 for repair. I can get a new one for that. Then I received a phone call stating I would get the repair done at no cost. However, today (two months later) I received it via UPS and a note was in it (not signed) saying it could not be done because of cost. SAMSUNG Service is TERRIBLE. I believe they should still repair it because of the trouble they have given me.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I purchased a Tab E because I was told I could buy HDMI cable and watch movies on my television. He neglected to inform me that Samsung no longer makes the cable so I cannot connect to my TV. Now I am stuck with a device for two years that I can't use. I tried to watch Amazon movies, can't do that either. The sound is horrible and you have to wear ear buds to hear. Do not purchase this tablet.

Original review: April 26, 2017

Purchased a brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 - 2016 release directly from Samsung... December 2016. A few weeks ago (around 4/12/17) I called Samsung Support in the USA. I informed that the tablet usb charger was getting very, very hot and that it burned my hand. I was instructed to return it via UPS so I did.

On 4/24/17 - I received a replacement that was refurbished, not new. I will say that the tablet was in mint condition when I returned it... no scratched or anything (have pictures). Today (4/26/17), I received a phone call from some man from Samsung Support doing a follow-up call. I told him I was disappointed that a multi-billion company would replace a defective tablet... less than 6 mos old with a refurbished product and that I noticed that power button doesn't also prompt with Power Off display and that I will not buy anymore Samsung products in the future. Guest what... he hung-up on me. Not even decent customer service. You know, the bigger they are... the harder they fall. They have amassed billions of dollars in the USA. Shameful!!!

Original review: April 25, 2017

I sent in my tablet for repair a month ago. Signed up for updates. Well here we are a month later and not once has Samsung updated me with a status regarding my tablet. They gave me a turn around time of 7 days and we are a month in. Every time I call I get the same run around. They advise that they do not know what the hold up is and that I have to wait. They have no info at all. I paid for this. It's not something I got for free. All they do is apologize and tell me to wait. I have never heard of such a thing. They promised to call me by the end of the day which never happened. The worst service and customer service ever. I will be filing a complaint with Consumer Affairs.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

Tablet needs charging when it reaches 45% charge. Then it automatically shuts off. And gets warmer than usual if left on charge too long, to charge. I personally went to went Samsung site, and complained most a year ago & never received a response. And uploaded the receipt from Best Buy. I was told by Best Buy store there were a limited edition of Samsung pro tablet at time I bought this tablet. And I had already has it a year. Later when I started having the issues so BEST couldn't replace my tablet. Or refund being it had only made a LIMITED EDITION at THAT TIME!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

I purchased the Samsung Galaxy tablet A. It blinks on and off all the time and it is brand new. I really like the tablet a lot but this is the third try. And I'm returning this one because it's doing the same thing. I believe it's a manufacture defect.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

This tablet died quick at 58 percent. Is the third I got from y'all is nothing but freaking headache... the worst I ever bought. It cost my son about 800.00 dollars... piece crap all the way; whoever made it was ** - me ** for buying it. I can't wait to let it go for good. I would recommend not to buy this piece of **. Ever. A waste of my money. Get this - I just got this tablet; this year is still piece of **.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

I bought this 6-10-2015. By August it was malfunctioning. This tablet has proven to be completely unreliable. It doesn't hold a charge well, even after 6-8 hours plugged in. If it says 100% charge, by 34% it's shutting itself down. It cycles on and off by itself. It opens multiple apps that I never use, and run them in the background. If it wasn't for the McAfee program I installed I'd never know they were active and draining resources.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

On 9 September 2014 my daughter and I were persuaded to purchase 2 Samsung Note 10.1 tablets at Currys/ PC World at a cost of £350 each. If only we had read the reviews!! However we were tech-unsavvy and easily impressed. Whilst my machine has worked adequately, that of my daughter gave up the ghost at the age of 2 years 1 month. PC World would not undertake repairs and quoted Samsung's charge out rate of £90/hour to examine the machine with remedial costs to add on. She has now bought another tablet for less than £80. I appreciate that we did not take out extra insurance, but we did think that such an expensive machine would last longer without repair/total annihilation, and we have certainly learned the lesson to research before purchase. Samsung?... no thank you. Caveat empty!!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I was considering switching away from Apple to go to a smaller not so mass produced company. I regret the mistake. I got an inexpensive tablet to stream videos and occasionally write or draw on. I regret buying the device. I only use it now to stream videos. It takes six + hours to charge fully. On the first handful of charges the charger got so hot I had to pull it off the wall with a oven mitt. I contacted them about the issue but they were more concerned about injuries with a potential lawsuit; than replacing the defective product. I do not trust my device to be left alone in the wall to charge. After replacing the charger with a third party one it no longer overheats. Due to safety concerns I would not recommend Samsung products. After this experience with their products I believe I will go back to apple.

A few other things that drive me crazy: The device has two buttons near one side of the device. My hand is constantly tapping them disrupting my project or video. The only way to disable them is to hack into the programming and add in another line of code to disable them. It updates without your permission even with the settings turned off. This is obnoxious considering I found over the years devices you purchase operate best on the operating system they come with. Apple includes obstinate software to disable their older devices. I was forced to update my older devices and it crashed within about six months. That is why I tried Samsung but I think I'll go back to Apple and just jailbreak them.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2016

Purchased the tablet on Sept 29, 2016, tried to charge device on Oct 5, 2016. Charger got so hot we had to use gloves to remove it from the wall. Went to the AT&T store on Oct 8, 2016 where we purchased it, they told us we would have to contact AT&T corporate to get a replacement. Call corporate and we were told to contact the manufacturer. We did and were informed that they would not replace charger. The warranty only covered the device. If you can't charge it you can't use the device!!! Stay away from Samsung products. No Samsung, No FIRES.

Original review: July 27, 2016

Purchased two tablets since September 2014. The first tablet after 18 months had a freezing issue. Took it back to Best Buy. They reloaded firmware twice. They could not fix it. The Tablet was 18 months old. Samsung said it would cost $300 to fix. A new tablet was $299.00, so I bought a new tablet. Had the tablet less than 60 days. Plugged it in to charge. When I removed the charger while I was holding it in my hand the screen cracked where my thumb was place. Definitely a defect. Guess what they don't cover screens. The tablet is less than 60 day from my date of purchase. They find every way to wiggle out of consumer support. The general public should made aware of this. I never dropped this tablet, but of course they will say different. I believe the tablet it so thin and flimsy. It was a stress point that it cracked in my hand while holding it!!! Out money again.

Original review: June 6, 2016

Trying to arrange repair of Galaxy tab 4. I called the main Samsung line (800) 726-7864 and talked to the rep. He gave me a number to call in the US to arrange repair of my tablet. He referred me to (310) 669-4334. I called that number but no one answers nor do they have one of those announcements periodically that tells you that you have not been totally forgotten. So you sit there listening to an occasional announcement that your call is important to them and beep and bongs until you get frustrated and leave.

Original review: May 22, 2016

My Samsung laptop will be 4 years old this December and I've never had a problem with it. It has served me well through hours of work, games and movies. It's also easy to use and usually hassle-free when connecting with other devices. I even suggested it to my niece when she asked me what brand of laptop she should buy for school purposes.

Original review: May 10, 2016

Bought product at Office Depot. Worked for 2 months, sent in on warranty due to defective battery. Same problem happened again. Sent it in again. It worked for another month or so before the whole thing fried. Sick and tired of sending it back. Gave it to Office Depot manager. Moral of story, never buy Samsung products or shop at Office Depot.

Original review: March 21, 2016

My Samsung tablets stopped working. After several attempts at finding a Samsung Customer Service Center to have them fixed, found out that there are only a handful of states with a location. I'm in Boston and have to fly to New Jersey to figure out what's wrong with the tablet. I can't walk to a Samsung technical support... there isn't any!! It's off to Apple, I go!!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2016

Last Xmas, a friend of 20 years give me a Samsung tablet, Galaxy Tab E 9.6 model. It operates on an Android system. I am a Windows guy since the MS-DOS day, almost the inception of the computer age back in the 60's. I don't know anything about this Android system, I felt I am too old to learn another system, so l left the tablet in the closet.

I note there are more and more people stay away from Windows and go Android and Apple. So I took my Samsung Tablet out from the closet and start learning how to use it. To my surprise, it takes me less than 20 minutes (honestly) to set up the tablet and operating it so easy. I notice there is Microsoft Office Pack (Word, Excel, Power Point, OneNote, OneDrive and Skype) installed in the tablet. I remember it takes me long time to learn the MS-DOS and Windows system.

The Android system is so simple and easy to operate, with the office pack installed, it almost have everything I need. I am using more and more on this Android tablet than my Windows DT, Notebook and Tablet. No wonder some of my friends use the Apple system and Android system, told me to switch long time ago.

I enjoy using my new Samsung tablet, its easy and fun!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2016

I reviewed tablets before purchasing the Samsung S TM-700 model. One of the major factors in doing so was the fact that this tablet had the android system Kit Kat 4.4.4 installed. Within about two weeks of making the purchase, I began getting notification that an update to the android system Lollipop was downloaded and ready to install! I had no desire to change to lollipop and therefore never clicked on the install button provided on the desktop and immediately left the page.

Suddenly, I turn on my tablet one day and there is a message on screen saying that I cannot use the tablet "Until it has finished installing the lollipop update" which is in progress. "Samsung had automatically 'FORCED' the installation of a system I detest." Now I don't know what my legal rights are in this situation but as far as consumers are concerned, this is clearly amounts to a "Bait and Switch". The item I now have is not "Now" the item I purchased. Without my consent or permission it has been automatically altered by the installation of a completely different android system.

I contacted the company and was informed the system could not be changed back and that a factory reset done by myself would still not restore my Kit Kat android system. After doing some research online it was stated by one commenter that "I believe factory reset might not work in your case, as after the update, the internal EEPROM must have been updated with new Lollipop image by Samsung." Which means that Samsung further ensured that "I" cannot reinstall Kit Kat.

The Samsung warranty does include the following statement. "Given the importance of receiving Updates for security software in a timely manner to defend against new threats, however, security-related Updates may be automatically downloaded and installed without your consent, even if you have disabled the Automatic Update function." In my opinion the entire change of my android system does not qualify nor justify the above action. I would really appreciate any advice, particularly Legal regarding what I can do in my situation. Many thanks!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2016

I purchased this tablet for my mom for Christmas thinking this would make a wonderful gift. I could not have been more wrong. 6 months into using it started having problems with charging the battery. Even though she purchased a very good anti-virus software, it began freezing and sticking all the time. Before even a year passed it completely stopped working. It wouldn't even charge, let alone turn on when connected to the charger. What a huge disappointment and waste of money purchasing this as a gift. However, the biggest disappointment is that I never even heard back from Samsung about doing anything to replace it or make things right. If anyone from Samsung reads this, please contact me regarding this.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2016

Samsung tablet SMT800. When I type, commas appear constantly as well as the letter m. And just yesterday them exclamation mark is showing up. I am not typing these characters in! This did not happen them first 6 months of ownership. I brought it into Samsung. They mailed out everything. All my pictures from my trip are GONE! They did not ask me to sign the line to indicate that I would lose everything! My tablet is still typing characters that I'm not typing. As you can see I made some corrections, but I have left some of these characters in so much can see for self. I will never buy another Samsung tablet ever again. And I think the least they could do is to replace this piece of junk with something else.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2016

I received a Samsung tablet for Christmas 2014. On January 1, 2016, it would no longer connect with wifi. It is a month over warranty, and repairs are more costly than the tablet is worth. I was told that tablets are "sensitive," and they last sometimes a year, and sometimes as long as 3 years. I used the tablet for a year and a week, and it is now a throw-away. Very disappointing.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2015

I have searched high and low as to why my Nook overheats and can't get a straight answer from anyone and from what I have been reading this is a problem for countless consumers. Barnes and Noble were no help, neither was Target and you stand as much chance calling the White House and getting an answer from Samsung.

Samsung Tablets Company Information