1.30/5

83 Samsung Tablets Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 16, 2015

Samsung galaxy note pro - This tablet was less than 3 months old and quit coming on... I sent it back once under warranty and was not fixed.... I've made multiple phone calls to Samsung with no successful outcome.... It powers up once in a while and will not hold a charge very long. I can receive no help.... Samsung blames AT&T and AT&T blames Samsung..... I just want my money back for this $1,000 tablet that doesn't work half the time... I will never buy another Samsung product... Samsung says they are not having problems with their products and obviously I'm not the only one complaining.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2015

After looking for tablets for my son I purchased a Galaxy Tab 3 kids edition. The content of the Galaxy Tab 3 kids edition were supposed to include: $50 nook books, $40 kid content, $10 google play. When you open the device itself it does not tell you how to obtain the $10 Google Play card or the $50 in books. The $40 kid content is already uploaded represented as kid apps. I contacted Samsung support and found out it required registration (additional to the registration of the device) for Samsung rewards. I was able to get the Google Play card without concern.

As for the books, I read online that you were required to set up a nook account and the books will be uploaded automatically. I set up the account from the kids tab itself. No books were added after setup, I was only offered to purchase a book for 1 cent as long as I let them see what my child was loading or reading. I did this and the book they offered for 1 cent was a book that was supposed to come with the $50 of books.

I waited for an email prior to contacting Samsung support. After no email received I started with a live chat. The first representative took long periods of time to respond while they were looking for the answer. Finally after 20 plus minutes I responded “are you still there, this is taking a while” only to receive a 404 error code stating chat had ended. I started a new live chat with the code it gives you to carry on the conversation. The code did not matter as I was instructed to repeat my concern again. This representative requested that I contact an agent. I called Samsung we support from the Nook number and the first representative they did not know so they transferred me. The second representative stated it was promotional and it was last year's promotion and it was no longer honored due to being expired. I stated to her that it does not state anywhere on the box that it was a promotional item nor inside the box and requested to speak with a supervisor.

The supervisor answer the phone, said “hello” and as I was explaining to him the situation, he hung up on me, no return phone call. I called Samsung support again and spoke with the representative who was nice and stated if we got disconnected she had my contact information and would call me back, she transferred me to a supervisor as per my request. The supervisor was unsure of the Nook offer with the tab. She transferred me to the escalated concerns department. The gentleman who answered the phone again was nice but had no idea what was going on. After repeating my number and the concern number multiple times, I had to repeat again the situation. He had asked me where I had bought the device, then proceeded to tell me that it was not samsung who promoted the books, so this was not their concern and I needed to contact Google.

I feel he was misinterpreting the Google Play card for the books and stated to him that I had already received the Google Play card from Samsung rewards. He continued to state that it was a Google promotion and I need to contact Google to receive the books. I told him I did not buy the tablet from Google so I did not see why I need to contact Google for books from nook. I feel there may have been an English language barrier, I requested to speak with his supervisor. He stated they would not be able to call me back until the next day.

I couldn't quite understand how they would not know what is printed on the box as the content that you were supposed to receive with the device, they question me multiple times if I was sure that it stated that on the box. I even explain to them that there are multiple reviews about the Galaxy Tab 3 kids edition referring to the books that you are supposed to receive with purchase. Still no help and I was going to have to wait for return call.

I decided to cover all the bases to ensure this wasn't a promotion by Best Buy. Even know this was the box itself that had the printed information about the content that was supposed to receive with my purchase. My husband went to Best Buy and spoke with an assistant manager who stated if it was a promotion he would call corporate and pull all the boxes. But this did not help us or solve our matter of receiving our books as per the representative at the Samsung store inside Best Buy had told us this comes with this tablet. My husband proceeded to talk to the manager who talk to the Samsung representative who was at lunch who stated all we had to do was register the nook account. Stated that Samsung representative inside the store would call his corporate office to follow up if there were concerns of the books not uploading.

We also contacted nook who stated that the offer has expired 24 hours after we had registered the device. I spoke with her with concern stating it does not state it expires 24 hours after we register our device which we had done on Christmas Day. She then proceeded to tell us it would not say it anywhere but then told us to wait for 24 hours to see if the books would upload.

We spent four hours today trying to get books for my son that was printed on the box stating it was the content that we were to receive with purchase of the tablet. At this time we do not have the book that were listed as we were supposed to receive. As for the two weeks we've had the tablet, we've had no issues other than the poor and lack thereof of customer service. This in itself would make me consider to buy another brand vs Samsung for quality customer service.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2015

Samsung 12" tablet model SM-T900 - I purchased a pro tab 12 Samsung tablet for my wife for our anniversary. I bought it in June and it just quit working in December; the tablet just quit, no warning at all. When I called Samsung they figured it was a charger issue, but we ruled that out because it was charged when it quit and no matter what we tried it did nothing. They emailed me shipping label and we boxed it up very carefully and shipped it out. I received a call a week or so later telling me that the tablet was damaged internally and that for that damage to occur someone had to have taken it apart and broke it and that a seal had been broken proving their point. I assured them that I would never have opened it period and that I certainly would not for the simple fact that it is in warranty yet, plus what on earth could someone fix in there.

They suggested that maybe it was refurbished; I told them that it was purchased brand new from Costco and there were no labels or mention of being refurbished. They stand by the fact it was broken by someone else and that it will cost me $150.00 for them to fix it. I have spoken to at least 8 different people at Samsung at supposed higher levels of authority and I get the same response every time that the repair technician said this is what happened, so that is final. I never took this unit apart and Costco does not do business like this, it was not damaged in shipping (by their own account), so what happened? I'll tell you what I think happened, either this was a manufacture defect or the technician broke it. Either way Samsung is not manning up to their problems and they are making their customers pay for them. P.S. I emailed Samsung customer relations and referred me back to the repair Dept.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2014

Samsung Galaxy 10.1 - Never buy this product. Glad I got it for free. Tablet constantly powers off even with full battery charge. I sent it back to Samsung because it was still under warranty. However, it still continues to power off constantly even with full battery power. I have done factory reset, have only apps that came with tablet. Do not waste your money.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2014

Samsung won't repair tablet, said it's not covered in the year guarantee. The problem is port unable to charge properly. Said seems to be common problem. After my experience with Samsung I shall never purchase any of their products again. Do not validate their guarantee.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2014

I have had this tablet less than one year. Seemed great at first, but that didn't last long. It quit working and would not come back on. Called their help line and went thru steps to try and fix it over the phone. HAD to ship to them and they call and tell me I had done something to Void the warranty. Something I was told by a rep. Junk it is. I will NEVER purchase Samsung products again. They don't stand behind them.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2014

I got the Galaxy Tab 3 (10.1 inch) 2013 Model during April 2014 at Costco. It started to have charging issues after 6 months, where we had to play with the connection to get it to charge. And power issues at the beginning of the second month. Internet research indicated the OEM Charging Port Flex Cable with microphone can be purchased and DIYed for about $10.

Because I was under warranty, I contacted Samsung via Costco. They confirmed my warranty and sent me an email explaining what I needed to do to ship them the tablet for repair under warranty. After Samsung received the tablet, they called to inform me that the warranty did not cover the repair due to abusive treatment and asked me to pay $60 for repair.

I contacted Samsung and stated my dissatisfaction with their ruling. She indicated they had a picture showing a bent pin (could be their stock photo...I suggest taking pictures before you send items for service). I argued that this connection does not appear to be durable, given this is an apparent weakness as supported by multiple internet complaints and YouTube videos to show you how to fix the problem. Samsung agreed with me and waived the $60 charge. So... does this mean they might cover this repair (if I have issues before April 2015), and after that will it cost me $60 every 6 months for normal use, and if I have Samsung do these repairs, will I have to pay for shipping and handling each time.

Take away one, I'd appreciate any information leads for an aftermarket Charging Port Flex Cable with microphone for a Galaxy Tab 3 GT-P5210 that appears to be more durable than OEM or any other viable solution for this Samsung engineering flaw. Take away two, I still like Samsung products but I will be less trusting of them in the future. I think I need to wait on their products to mature and then read up on the consumer comments. Take away three, I'd like for Samsung to acknowledge this flaw, re-engineer a solution, and offer a recall to fix this weakness. (They do this with other products, why not Tablets?)

Original review: Nov. 19, 2014

I got the Galaxy Tab 3 (10.1 inch) 2013 Model on February 2014 at Costco. It started to have charging issues and power issues at the beginning of the second month. Policy exchange for Samsung's products is only 30 days (WATCH IT), so it was sent to the Samsung service center. It took one month to repair. Later it had touch screen issue, power issue, freezing issue, and another freezing issue. It was happening every 2-3 months.... really WTF!! During 9 months period, I sent it 3 times to Samsung and Samsung had it for 4 to 5 months just for repair. Recently, I was told that freezing issue is not a product issue but a software issue (???) and asked me to go to Best Buy to upgrade the software (not even free).

In conclusion, they cannot replace it because it's only a freezing issue, but they could send it for another review to the service center, implying that I am the ** (very sarcastic CS agent from executive CS named Lisa). I never wrote reviews in my life, but this is something that every consumer should know how Samsung's products are and how consumers are treated. (I have an Ipad for 3 years and never had this kind of issues.) I am NEVER NEVER going to buy any Samsung's products EVER!!!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2014

My tablet freezes. It powers off. It get really hot while using it. The power cord gets hot when I plug it in. It shuts down - some apps will work, some will not then other times they all work. I have had an ipad before the Samsung tablet and I never had any problems with it. Time to go buy an ipad.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2014

I purchased a Galaxy 3 tablet in February 2014 and have just returned it for the third time and this is the second time for the same problem. In both cases, the date rolls back to the original manufacturing date. The second return was for a battery that depleted in less than twenty minutes. Samsung customer service insists that they will continue to "repair" the tablet and not replace it.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2014

The Washer, Dryer, Fridge, laptop and cell phone started having problems right after the 1 yr warranty was up. I have sent my laptop to get repaired and got it back and the charging port started smoking? I have called customer service about 10 times and I have not been happy with their products or services. I shouldn't be stressing about fixing a 2 yr old product, it's ridiculous. I know better not to buy Samsung because of the service that I have received and their crap products. So I hope if you are considering purchasing their products to think again because it will cause you nothing but stress.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2014

Samsung galaxy tablet3 - Bought tablet 3 months ago with warranty. Now having issues with dumb device - keeps shutting off. Warranty doesn't cover. So disappointed warranty won't fix it. Tried out all the followed instructions - still no luck.

Original review: July 23, 2014

I had a problem with Galaxy tablet 3.0 7" AT&T Wifi reception. I sent service Center Jun 11, 2014 and after fixed. They sent other state and told me they told me wait until they finished with Shipping company. What can I do?

Original review: July 21, 2014

With a two year warranty, after 1 year the docking got looser and looser until it wouldn't charge. One try it refused to go in so l assume the inside connection had been so fragile it moved slightly. That operation is normal use, not neglect or abuse. Even if l hadn't retried to dock, it needed repairs. My quote from a private repairer they advised was 130 dollars. My question would be has anyone else found the docking terminals too fragile to be continuously used, ie every two days?

Original review: June 19, 2014

I Got a $49 Samsung galaxy Tablet. It overall is an excellent Tablet!! I Love Surfing the Web on it!! It has Afforded Me the Ability to be online without having to be at my desktop computer... And has a 7" screen which makes it much better Visually than Surfing on my iPhone!! I would suggest that Anyone looking for a Small, sturdy & Versatile tablet try this one!! Excellence Personified.

Original review: March 21, 2014

My 10-year-old son bought a Samsung Galaxy 3 tablet on JANUARY 21st. Its been in a protective cover the whole time he's had it. On February 27th he removed the power cord from the tablet and the power port came out. The tablet was fully charged so we know that the charger was in properly. Called Samsung to report the issue. They wanted to see the tablet to conduct an investigation to why the power port came out. I sent them the tablet at their expense. A few days later, they called and said that they did their investigation and found that the power port broke due to neglect and they were not going to cover it and they were going void my warranty. The tablet is in mint condition, not a single scratch on it anywhere not even by the power port. This is not a case of abuse or neglect. Samsung put out a inferior product an won't back it up. We had a little over a month and it broke and they don't care. Will not buy any Samsung product again.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2013

I took my tablet 2 (9/13/13) that had been approved by Samsung under warranty to get repaired at Repair Services Inc in Plano, Texas. The diagnose man there said it could not be repaired. He tried to sell me a new motherboard. I took the tablet (9/14/13) to the Repairs Services Inc. in Hurst, Texas and they sent it over to the Repairs Services in Plano and got it repaired (the Plano Repair services told me it could not be repaired).

While waiting in line to get my tablet diagnosed at the Plano Repair the diagnosis man skipped over me and a woman walked through the door and he immediately started trying to help her. I yelled at him, "Hey man when are you going to diagnose my tablet?" He said "were you here before her?" She just walked through the door!!! When I first walked into there I asked him was that the repair line. I had been sitting right in front of him all the time I was there. I feel I was given a bad diagnose and was disrespected!!! Ticket #**.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2013

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 tablet, model GT N8020 10.1" The tablet would not recognize that a sim card was installed; therefore I could not make or receive telephone calls. I sent the tablet back through the Samsung customer care facility. There was a tracking number that I was given to track the progress of the repair. After two weeks I decided to see what was happening and found that the tablet had been assigned to an engineer a few days before that. After that note there was a series of notifications which said pending / ASC. There were seven of these notifications in total. Every time that a new notification appeared, the projected repair date went out by one day.

This did not look right to me so I decided to contact the customer care team. I emailed them 3 times. Each time I was promised a reply within 48 hours. This never happened. I ended up calling them 4 times. Each time I called I was assured that they had sent an email to the repair center, and that the repair center would telephone me, direct or that they would email me. I still have not had a reply from anybody. My $500.00 tablet is now in Limbo land.

I asked during on of my telephone calls that I speak to a senior customer care person, but was told that they do not give out names. I also asked to be given a telephone number for the repair center and was told that they are not allowed to do that. I then asked them if they would call the repair center whilst I was on the phone. They said that they are not allowed to contact the repair center except by email. I started putting notices on to the Samsung Facebook page.Other people then started to reply to me, telling me about their bad experiences with the Samsung repair & customer services department. This conversation thread was removed by Samsung.

The latest thing that has happened is that the tracking number that I was initially given to track the status of my repair does not now work. I fear that I am now going to lose a $500.00 tablet because I sent it through their customer care center to their repair center. This is a shocking way to treat a customer. What can I do now?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2013

I was just at the Best Buy store in Wyomissing trying to replace my son's Samsung Galaxy Tab II using the replacement plan I purchased when I bought it. It was the accidental protection plan and the sales rep assured me that it would be replaced should anything go wrong with it. I asked this before purchasing it because it was for my son who is autistic. He doesn't understand that it had to be sent back to be fixed. He would have a melt down. About a month ago, I needed to take it in because the sound would not work. They were able to get it working. Now for the last couple of weeks, it is freezing a lot. It connects to our wifi and says that it has very strong signal but it won't connect to Netflix or YouTube most of the time. If you restart it, you can sometimes get it to connect.

I tried to restart it earlier because it wouldn't connect and had strong signal and it froze. I left it set at the power off screen and it shut off about 10 minutes later. Then it wouldn't start. I put it on the charger and after 5 minutes it would start. I took it in to the store and they were going to replace it. When the lady put it into the computer, it said that it had to be sent in for repair. Even if it was cracked, it would have to be sent in. I took the tablet home with me since it does still work some of the time because I just can't imagine going without it. He would be horrible. They said Samsung changed their plan. How can you change a plan that was already purchased? I can see if it was a new plan. I just feel it should have been grandfathered. I will also be writing to Samsung and complaining, but was hoping that someone at Best Buy would understand my situation and be able to help me with replacing the tablet.

Original review: June 29, 2012

Samsung's repair department somehow found a way to lose then damage my Galaxy player even further, and then invalidated my warranty because of their mistakes. Here is a video I made. I have decided to take them to a small claims court to recover the lost money. It only takes 5 minutes. I used this YouTube video to help me! Good luck, guys. Hold Samsung accountable! **

Original review: June 18, 2012

I purchased a Samsung tablet on October 23, 2012. In February of 2012, I was using this tablet and it got really hot and would not turn off. My husband and I called Verizon and they told us that they would send us a box through regular mail and we were to return the tablet the same way. Once they received the tablet, they would send us another one. We did receive another refurbished tablet and while I was using that tablet, it made a loud noise and then crashed and continued to crash every time I tried to use it. We called Verizon again and were told to return this tablet and they would send us another one.

I received a third tablet and this one would not charge up to 100% and would not hold a charge for very long once it charged. My husband and I took this tablet to the Verizon store and were told to send this tablet back to Verizon. Each time we complained to Verizon's customer service/supervisors and asked them to send us a new tablet because we bought ours new, they said that we would have to pay full price for a new one. We gave them plenty of opportunities to resolve this problem, but their resolutions were just more problems. Now we're being forced to wait for a fourth tablet that we really don't even want anymore. We want a new tablet or our money back. We also have a Samsung Fascinate cell phone that has problems and we were forced to buy a new phone earlier than we had planned to.

Original review: May 30, 2012

I am sitting here, on hold still, with Samsung’s customer service (38 minutes so far). I own everything Samsung. I will not spend one more cent, ever, on a Samsung product again (the $1,700 TV set still in the box I purchased 2 days ago is also going back to the store). This is why.

I own a Samsung tablet (purchased only a few months ago). The charger cord is torn at the base and I have been unable to charge it. I went to Best Buy where I purchased the tablet and was told that I could get a replacement only online. I called customer service (I should say "Samsung" service) to get a replacement cord. While in several stores in the last week, I noticed that the Samsung tablet display models were torn in the exact same area that mine was. The tear on my tablet did not happen due to misuse as I have mine stationary on a table. I was told by a customer service rep that I would have to send my entire tablet to Samsung (for up to 3 weeks) if I wanted to use the warranty!

So, the tablet that I already purchased and used for less than a month before the charger started coming apart needs to be sent to Samsung for up to 3 weeks? That is insane. Just to be clear - a cable, which is worthless than a few dollars wholesale, will now lose this company thousands of dollars from me. That’s just crazy. It’s now been 59 minutes. I am still on hold (on my Samsung Galaxy) because a supervisor was not available to speak with me, but they will call me back (they have up to 3 days!). I am so glad Samsung will take the time to call me back within 3 days. Gee, I hope I don't inconvenience them. If I cannot get a simple resolution to a small problem, then what will happen if one of the big ticket items breaks?

Just an update: 69 minutes later I am told that "they" are checking in a different department to see if they can find a charger to ship to me. This is a service, I gather, that they are dining only because I am now so angry I want to throw everything in my house that says "Samsung" in the trash. I’m still on hold - for the service they are giving me "against their policy.” Bottom line, it’s over an hour later and I still have gotten nothing but, "I know you’re upset." They are now looking for the parts number to the charger after insisting over and over again it was written on the part.

Wait, they just found the part - I will receive it in 2-3 weeks. Wow, thanks for backing your products, Samsung. I am packing the TV up now to take it back to the store so I will never have to deal with Samsung again. My thought (if you care): why send millions in advertising but blow it in customer service? Hopefully, the next person with this problem will get a resolution before they stop buying Samsung, too.

Original review: June 17, 2011

On March 1st, I bought a Samsung Tablet. After 2 weeks, it began to freeze up, and I was not able to download from the Android Market. I complained to T-mobile, because I had purchased it at their store. Finally the store gave me a new one. It was defective out of the box. They could not troubleshoot by phone, so they told me to call Samsung. They tried tests that did not work.

They had me send it to them for repair. I sent it on 4/1/30. I received it after repair on 4/20. It froze, and I could not download. I sent it again on 4/22. I received it the 1st part of May. It was not properly fixed. They said send it to them again, and they would replace it. They did, but it would not work. I sent it out after a few days. I got it back yesterday evening and it froze today. They transferred me to executive customer relations. They were my third transfer today.

They said that I had complained in February, which was a lie. I only purchased my 1st one on March 1, 2011. Then he said he had read it wrong. I have had 3 of these since March 1, 2011. Most of the time it has been in the repair department in Plano Texas. I want my money back because, it keeps coming back unfixed. In the meantime, I have been charged and billed for a data plan which I asked T-mobile to cancel on 4/1/2011. They would not until 4/30/2011. They keep billing me for the tablet that has been away from me. They said, "I did not have but 1 tablet." I have letters, receipts, and emails between both companies and myself. It proves that I have 3 different IEMI numbers.

I am stressed, sick, and on chemo. This is an added stress. They have charged me for this service, and everyone that I asked to get out of that contract, said that I never asked, when I had asked at least 5 times. I was told not to worry, and that it was already cancelled

Samsung Tablets Company Information