1.30/5

83 Samsung Tablets Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 31, 2017

Sent my 2 year old Samsung Galaxy tablet to Samsung for repair the first of June. Did not hear from them and every time I called I got the run around. Finally, contacted the BBB and Samsung finally called and said it was in the tech department. Got a call from them and they said it would be $199 for repair. I can get a new one for that. Then I received a phone call stating I would get the repair done at no cost. However, today (two months later) I received it via UPS and a note was in it (not signed) saying it could not be done because of cost. SAMSUNG Service is TERRIBLE. I believe they should still repair it because of the trouble they have given me.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I purchased a Tab E because I was told I could buy HDMI cable and watch movies on my television. He neglected to inform me that Samsung no longer makes the cable so I cannot connect to my TV. Now I am stuck with a device for two years that I can't use. I tried to watch Amazon movies, can't do that either. The sound is horrible and you have to wear ear buds to hear. Do not purchase this tablet.

Original review: April 26, 2017

Purchased a brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 - 2016 release directly from Samsung... December 2016. A few weeks ago (around 4/12/17) I called Samsung Support in the USA. I informed that the tablet usb charger was getting very, very hot and that it burned my hand. I was instructed to return it via UPS so I did.

On 4/24/17 - I received a replacement that was refurbished, not new. I will say that the tablet was in mint condition when I returned it... no scratched or anything (have pictures). Today (4/26/17), I received a phone call from some man from Samsung Support doing a follow-up call. I told him I was disappointed that a multi-billion company would replace a defective tablet... less than 6 mos old with a refurbished product and that I noticed that power button doesn't also prompt with Power Off display and that I will not buy anymore Samsung products in the future. Guest what... he hung-up on me. Not even decent customer service. You know, the bigger they are... the harder they fall. They have amassed billions of dollars in the USA. Shameful!!!

Original review: April 25, 2017

I sent in my tablet for repair a month ago. Signed up for updates. Well here we are a month later and not once has Samsung updated me with a status regarding my tablet. They gave me a turn around time of 7 days and we are a month in. Every time I call I get the same run around. They advise that they do not know what the hold up is and that I have to wait. They have no info at all. I paid for this. It's not something I got for free. All they do is apologize and tell me to wait. I have never heard of such a thing. They promised to call me by the end of the day which never happened. The worst service and customer service ever. I will be filing a complaint with Consumer Affairs.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

Tablet needs charging when it reaches 45% charge. Then it automatically shuts off. And gets warmer than usual if left on charge too long, to charge. I personally went to went Samsung site, and complained most a year ago & never received a response. And uploaded the receipt from Best Buy. I was told by Best Buy store there were a limited edition of Samsung pro tablet at time I bought this tablet. And I had already has it a year. Later when I started having the issues so BEST couldn't replace my tablet. Or refund being it had only made a LIMITED EDITION at THAT TIME!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

I purchased the Samsung Galaxy tablet A. It blinks on and off all the time and it is brand new. I really like the tablet a lot but this is the third try. And I'm returning this one because it's doing the same thing. I believe it's a manufacture defect.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

This tablet died quick at 58 percent. Is the third I got from y'all is nothing but freaking headache... the worst I ever bought. It cost my son about 800.00 dollars... piece crap all the way; whoever made it was ** - me ** for buying it. I can't wait to let it go for good. I would recommend not to buy this piece of **. Ever. A waste of my money. Get this - I just got this tablet; this year is still piece of **.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

I bought this 6-10-2015. By August it was malfunctioning. This tablet has proven to be completely unreliable. It doesn't hold a charge well, even after 6-8 hours plugged in. If it says 100% charge, by 34% it's shutting itself down. It cycles on and off by itself. It opens multiple apps that I never use, and run them in the background. If it wasn't for the McAfee program I installed I'd never know they were active and draining resources.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

On 9 September 2014 my daughter and I were persuaded to purchase 2 Samsung Note 10.1 tablets at Currys/ PC World at a cost of £350 each. If only we had read the reviews!! However we were tech-unsavvy and easily impressed. Whilst my machine has worked adequately, that of my daughter gave up the ghost at the age of 2 years 1 month. PC World would not undertake repairs and quoted Samsung's charge out rate of £90/hour to examine the machine with remedial costs to add on. She has now bought another tablet for less than £80. I appreciate that we did not take out extra insurance, but we did think that such an expensive machine would last longer without repair/total annihilation, and we have certainly learned the lesson to research before purchase. Samsung?... no thank you. Caveat empty!!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I was considering switching away from Apple to go to a smaller not so mass produced company. I regret the mistake. I got an inexpensive tablet to stream videos and occasionally write or draw on. I regret buying the device. I only use it now to stream videos. It takes six + hours to charge fully. On the first handful of charges the charger got so hot I had to pull it off the wall with a oven mitt. I contacted them about the issue but they were more concerned about injuries with a potential lawsuit; than replacing the defective product. I do not trust my device to be left alone in the wall to charge. After replacing the charger with a third party one it no longer overheats. Due to safety concerns I would not recommend Samsung products. After this experience with their products I believe I will go back to apple.

A few other things that drive me crazy: The device has two buttons near one side of the device. My hand is constantly tapping them disrupting my project or video. The only way to disable them is to hack into the programming and add in another line of code to disable them. It updates without your permission even with the settings turned off. This is obnoxious considering I found over the years devices you purchase operate best on the operating system they come with. Apple includes obstinate software to disable their older devices. I was forced to update my older devices and it crashed within about six months. That is why I tried Samsung but I think I'll go back to Apple and just jailbreak them.

Samsung Tablets Company Information