Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.69/5

RCA Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RCA?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about RCA?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

This is a good microwave, does everything well, has convenient settings for items I often cook in it (especially potatoes!). However, like all the others, moisture gets trapped inside due to condensation. Wish all microwaves had a system to vent steam or an exhaust fan.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

The TV is good quality. The picture is bright, clear, no dead pixels. What you would expect for a 4K unit. The audio is loud and clear, haven't had to turn the volume higher than 25/100, even for YouTube videos with bad sound quality. The price is great (as compared to other brands). I do however have 2 complaints. The first complaint is really my problem, so I can't call it a complaint per se. If you pause a video, after a few minutes it switches to a screen saver. The screen saver has small "posters" for movies that scroll across the screen. If you push the play/pause button while the screen saver is active, it will play the movie advertised on the screen saver instead of resuming your paused video. In all fairness though, that is probably a feature of Roku, not something designed by RCA.

The second complaint is that RCA placed the volume controls on the side of the remote, so every time I pick up the remote I mute the TV. It's so annoying I had to put the remote away and use the app as a remote, it really is that bad. But overall it is still a great TV for a great price. Our last TV was RCA, and we will likely continue to buy RCA.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 9, 2020

I just bought this television today, I got it out of the box, plugged it in and powered it up. I'm not the most technological person in the world, but I can read and can follow instructions, so I did what was needed. However the only concern I had was when I went to input my wifi password, it only allows for 16 characters, in the 6 years I've lived here with wifi I've always had the same password, it contained about 26 characters. I almost threw the tv out the window. it was irritating me that much. I had a friend come over to help me, he is my go to person when it comes to technological stuff that baffles me when my daughter isn't home.

My friend went through everything and said you need to shorten your password, I don't know how so he took me to my computer and together we shortened the password to the maximum 16 characters. Once up and running I was amazed at how clear the picture quality was, I'm not a huge television watcher so I may not be the best to judge that one.

The remote comes with a Netflix button so I could go to my movies at legit the touch of a button, I also have Disney Plus, but wasn't sure how to install that into the works, but there is a miracast so I can connect my cell phone to my television and watch it that way, there is Youtube, Facebook and Twitter with it as well if you're into that sort of thing. I have a computer for that stuff when I want it. I do like the Netflix and Youtube idea though. I was having fun with my cell on the television, I played Roblox on it, better quality and can see better too, full screen, my granddaughter has me playing the game with her so I needed to know if I could do that, better on these old eyes. LOL. Moral to all this typing, yes, I'd recommend this television to anyone that just wants a tv to sit back and enjoy watching a show or two.

Original review: March 28, 2021

We are seniors and scraped together funds for a smart TV!! That was our Christmas present to each other. I have been fighting with them since Jan 6th!! The TV is a nightmare! It does not work!! They say, "Send us this and that." We have according to my 57 emails have done that!!! RCA used to be good brand, however from my experience..STAY AWAY!! Kris

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I am a Canadian who saved and saved!! Curtis international is an absolute nightmare.. You send the stuff they ask for and the still want more!! They are gatekeepers!! We saved and saved and in my 67 years RCA was a good source. We both put our lives on the line as professionals. The TV, our dream TV is a joke as is the customer response!!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I wish I would have read the reviews here before I bought my 65" RCA Roku smart tv in November, 2020. After I we hook the tv and set everything, I tried to set the internet connection through wifi. The error message was always "Network disconnected, check your network." I called their customer service to ask for help. The first recommendation was "Can you try to connect with ethernet cable?" Can you imagine I need min 10m of ethernet cable for that? I tried every option they recommended (except ethernet cable :) ), still no connection. Finally, they transferred my ticket to another department. And as many other reviewers said they asked many pictures (front picture, back pictures, all the corners should be visible, picture of model number, serial number etc etc).

My tv was wall mounted. After taking all the required pict, my screen had a couple of finger prints. When I wanted to clean the screen gently, I noticed that the screen was jammed against the outside cover on the top and the screen cracked from that spot. When I told them and send the picture, they said we damaged it. They didn't accept their bad manufacturing flaw. Their recommendations:

1. If the purchase was made using a credit card – Many credit card companies offer a benefit such as extending the warranty to those qualifying purchases. You may contact your credit card company to find out. Their phone number is listed on the back of your credit card.
      2. If the unit was purchased with an extended warranty - You will normally see this from the receipt provided to you. Extended warranty is offered by the store and it applies after the manufacturer’s warranty expires. We suggest checking with them to learn more on how to go about their process in filing a claim.

3. Local Repair Shop – You may contact a local trusted repair facility to explore out of warranty repairs. You could use your local yellow pages or search via the internet for a local service facility.

It was like a joke. :) I called many repair shops, nobody repairs RCA screen. One of the repair shop told me that nobody can replace RCA screen because RCA doesn't provide/sell it as part (in Canada). Oh well, they never addressed my connection issue. :) Win win for them. :) Waste of time, waste of money for me. I wouldn't recommend this brand at all.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

RCA 19" Class HD (720P) LED TV (RT1970). RCAModel: RT1970 *** Do NOT buy this TV, this TV is a lemon. TV does not work. **Picture is all snowy & cloudy!! Company will not even talk to you or help you as well.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

DO NOT buy an RCA TV.... If I could give this "0" stars I would.... When you have a problem this business has not been helpful at all... I bought an RCA TV in Dec 2019.. It was on sale... I tried to get it all connected and set up in Feb 2020.... It would not work... I phoned them... They emailed me with a long list of things they wanted... pictures, sales receipt, model and serial number etc... I replied to them giving them everything they requested.. except a video of the problem.. (there was no image on the TV). I double checked how it was set up.... I have never had a problem with the basic set up.... I only connected one cable... and plugged it in... the same wire as I removed from the old tv still working.... I called my cable provider... They couldn't figure it out and suggested I call the manufacturer.... I had talked with the manufacturer at length... After sending them 7 emails and several phone calls (HOURS WASTED on the phone and emailing them)....

I took it to a TV repair business... Thinking there can't be too much wrong.... The TV repair places do not fix this brand.... so I wrote the company again and asked them where to take it for service... THEY REFUSED TO TELL ME where I could take it... and I was going to pay to have it fixed.... so I gave up... They again asked for all the info I had previously sent them... The TV will go to the landfill... and the tv is not yet a year old... The customer service is so awful... They keep sending you in circles.... You should not have to go thru that.... No matter how cheap the tv... I will NEVER buy another RCA (made by CURTIS). It is not worth the aggravation....

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

RCA is design for short life period. It's not worth even trying. You will end up wasting your hard earned money for some thing zero worth. This product wont survive for long. Better look for some reliable brands.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

I have purchased a 55" RCA Roku tv one month ago and opened it straight out of the box and hooked it up to my cable tv. I then noticed there was a black dot at the top of the screen when turned on. I contacted their customer service department which is Curtis International to put in my warranty claim and they asked to take pictures of the issue and the bill of sales. That I did and after roughly a week, was told to bring it to one of their authorized repair people. I was then told a few hours later after it was brought over to one of their centers to get it 'fixed' that it was a piece of fabric lodged the screen and the tv and it was not part of the fault of the manufacture.

So I took a picture of the warranty manual which says nothing to this nature of it not being covered, contacted Curtis, (this all has to be done through email because their call center has just them giving me the runaround saying send them an email because all they do is can open and escalate tickets) and now waiting and waiting and waiting with no response other than them telling me that have sent it to the department and that they will let me know their answer - so I question what department and as of yet no response. Buyer Beware.

RCA Company Information