RCA

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am furious at RCA at this time! I purchased a RCA 58 Inch Smart HDTV in April 2016. In July 2016 the tv was no longer working. So after several attempts to fix it, the repair person concluded it was not repairable. A couple of weeks later I was sent a replacement tv which I wasn't very pleased about because it was refurbished. In October 2016 the refurbished replacement tv was no longer working. After calling the phone number that was given to me by RCA customer service (Activeon) regarding the broken replacement, I was never able to get an answer. Only the message "All of our associates are currently assisting other customers. Please try again later or leave us an email at customerservice@activon.com, and we will get back to you within two business days. Thank you for your patience."

I sent an email regarding my problem. Someone by the name of Jeff did respond claiming "he would be happy to give me a refund, if I send him proof of purchase". So, the same day I sent the proof of purchase but I never heard from him again. Since then I have sent more emails but I never get a response. I do not want another tv from RCA at this point! I WANT A REFUND! Because clearly the product is no good. Someone needs to contact me ASAP! This experience has been a nightmare. Sincerely, Dissatisfied Customer.

Never experienced such bad customer service until I tried to get my RCA TV fixed under warranty. I've included details below of a timeline but basically once the repair company (A&E Factory Services) confirms the TV cannot be repaired they give you a number that is always a machine and they never reply to your email. Sounds like this is par for the course from what I'm seeing here.

9/17/2016, called 1-888-977-6722 to report issue with TV (this is actually A&E Factory Services but they answer the phone as ONCORP). 10/3/2016, repairman inspected TV, confirmed issue, ordered part. 11/17/2016, after several calls with repair company, was informed 11/17 that part was no longer available and told to contact 858-798-3300. 11/17/2016, called 858-798-3300 (Activeon) and told to email customerservice@activeon.com. 11/17/2016, emailed with details. 11/22, today, called multiple times, never a person answering. Either told to call during normal business hours or told to email them and they will respond in 2 business days. Today, fed-up.

I bought two RCA Viking Pro tablets, one for me and one for my daughter, and both worked great. One got stepped on when it was carelessly left out and the screen cracked. That's on me. So, I contacted support and was more than happy to pay the fee to have it repaired since it was my fault, along with the usual shipping insurance. I thought everything was going great and I was getting it repaired at less than the cost to buy a new one, but then I got my package, and guess what... I immediately noticed that the screen is distorted and has red and blue wavy lines all over it. And not only that, the screen is cracked. The very thing I sent it to be repaired for! It's a different tablet so obviously they replaced it, but this one is worse than the one I sent to them.

Again, I contacted support and was told to send it to them AGAIN to be repaired along with another fee and the exact same process I went through before. I paid my fee. They should refund it or send me another tablet that isn't more damaged but I fear they'll send me back a box full of random parts this time. I complained to customer service one last time but I'm not expecting a satisfactory answer. I'm just going to recycle this piece of trash because it will cost more than I paid for the tablet to fix. And I am NEVER buying from this company again.

I have got a Voyager PRO with keyboard case few months back and it worked for the first month and then it quit. It wouldn't. It acts like it takes to charge and then it's not taking a charge. It won't turn on. You can't reset it and nothing. And when you contact RCA they want you to pay to send it to him when it was under warranty and for you to make sure that it was in bubble wrapped in a certain type of box and everything. Why aren't they sending the stuff if it's under warranty. They should be paying for whatever it needs to get there to fix it or replace it and send it back. This isn't right.

Bought 2 RCA Voyager tablets for Christmas last year. Having charging issues with both. Went to Walmart and was informed that the particular model I bought has been discontinued due to a charging problem... Was told to call RCA. Have not been able to speak with anyone in customer service. Am probably out $$'s and most likely will not get product replacement.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RCA?

On June 24th of 2015 my wife gave me a 46 inch RCA led tv for my birthday on June 25. TV was great for about the first 7 or 8 months. Then when the tv was turned on, all we would get was sound but not picture. Just a black screen but would eventually give a picture if you turned the tv on and off a couple of times. Finally it stopped working altogether. Called the number for warranty which is a nightmare in itself. Finally got the go ahead to take tv repair shop. Took about 3 weeks before we got tv back. Had to order parts. Working fine again. In August, tv started doing the same thing again. Called back to warranty. NO WARRANTY LEFT, expired June 24/16. $220.00 repair on a 14 month old tv. Told repair shop to keep it. RCA... really crappy appliance. Thanks.

My experience with RCA has been very bad because I bought a 60 inch TV From Kmart and RCA does not want to replace it. I was wiping my TV and I lost the picture. Now this happened two months ago and I have tried to get a hold of someone to replace my TV at RCA and I can't get a hold of anyone. Yes I called the tech first and they ordered parts and came back and said it couldn't be fixed and they were going to email RCA. Nothing ever came from that and now I'm stuck with a TV that don't work.

Much like Jeff a few posts ago, I purchased a 48" RCA HD TV from Walmart for my mother, my purchase being in February. Five months later, it quit working. July 18, I called RCA, and they agreed it was under warranty, and would send someone out August 2 (2 weeks for a service call). The technician came and worked on it, telling my mother that it had a defective panel and would need replacing. He said that his company would send that in to warranty the next day, and we should hear something from them on the replacement in about a week.

A couple of weeks later, my mother tries calling the phone line he gave her for the RCA support, since she has not heard from them. The phone picks up with, "All of our associates are currently assisting other customers. Please try again later or leave us an email at customerservice@activeon.com, and we will get back to you within one business day. Thank you for your patience." My mother waits a couple of hours, and gets the same message. She tries first thing in the morning (their hours), and gets the same message.

Being an almost 80-year old woman who cannot learn e-mail, she turns it over to me. I tried several times to call, and got the exact same message, so I sent them an e-mail to customersupport@activeon.com on August 25, going off the promise in their recorded message that they would get back to me in a day. Guess what? Nope.

At this point, RCA says that they do not do any service or warranty on the tv, that I have to go thru ActiveOn. ActiveOn doesn't answer phone calls or e-mails. We are now 42 days from the phone call to start the warranty service, and can get absolutely no information from anyone. If RCA is not going to be a part of RCA television customer service, they need to take their logo off of that product. If they are going to continue to make money off letting others use the logo and name, then they need to support the customers who have bought strictly based on that name.

I purchased the RCA 32 inch TV with DVD component from Walmart. The DVD NEVER worked and there is a DVD stuck in the TV. I have tried every method to remove it but without success. This is the first TV with DVD that I have ever owned without a reject button on the TV or the remote. Walmart does not carry this item anymore and I can see why. Unfortunately I did not read the reviews before I bought this piece of worthless garbage.

This is the second time in 3 years that my son has received this same tablet as a gift. The first one we got rid of because it quit charging. At the time I thought it was something my son did wrong and somehow messed up the tablet. Just got another for his birthday this week. He was able to play on it for two days and I went to plug it in to charge and noticed that it kept popping back and forth between charging to saying please connect to charger and on top of that it was making weird popping noises and had lines running all over the screen as long as the tablet was plugged into the charger... Never again will I buy a product from this company... Wish my mother's husband would have read these reviews before buying this for my son. He is so disappointed... Two days of use and now all these problems... Would be the interested in learning more about your class action suit Justin from California...

RCA Tablet RCT6203W46 - I had purchased this tablet last year. Short time after that the keyboard just stopped working and now the WIFI won't connect at all. I did a factory reset and that did nothing but erase all my data.

RCA 48" HD TELEVISION purchased online thru Walmart in January 2016. TV went to black screen June 2016. Called customer service. Man on phone verified that it was under warranty. Based on info given said it sounded like symptoms that almost always require a new TV for replacement. Technician cannot come for 8 days. Technician comes and says he is certain that the TV will need replacement, but has to order parts that RCA insists on. Goes through this all the time and parts fix problem 1 out of every 20-25 times. Schedule return to try parts 11 days later.

Comes, tries parts. As predicted do not fix problem. Says we will get new TV. RCA however needs 4-5 business days to call customer for making this happen..

Has no idea how long it will be for them to then get TV in hands of customer. RCA is perfectly satisfied that their brand new TV breaking down and then taking 30 plus days to replace their warrantied TV. Their customer service process focuses on their needs, their process and customers needs are not at all a priority.

I purchased an RCA Business Phone. The phone was defaulted due to a cord and headset piece being completely broken. My customers can't hear me on the phone but I can hear them. Not a great way for me to conduct business. I called for a replacement which led me to having to call about 6 times. Once I finally jumped through all of their hoops and was going to get my replacement, my request was denied. Most of the customer service representatives need more training on how to talk to customers especially when they have a faulty product.

I have had to spend way too many hours on this issue and RCA still won't assist me. They didn't even apologize for their product being faulty. I don't think they stand by their product or customer satisfaction. Upgrading my phone system was supposed to be a good thing for my business and employees but thanks to RCA has been nothing but headaches. I am extremely disappointed that I purchased their phones instead of supporting another company who probably wouldn't have put me through this.

I bought my first RCA TV and a year later the back panel burnt out. I got a new one thinking it would not happen again and yet again it happens. Badly, it was 4 months into getting the television. The panel was burnt out and there was a pixel on the television. I wait several weeks on a replacement and the TV was very destroyed. I mean to the top I will never refer this company to anyone ever...

Purchased 2 tablets, after 6 months one would not charge. I was told to send it in for service. I got it back 6 weeks later and it lasted 3 months then would not start up. A replacement was sent to me and I returned the non working one. After 5 months, the replacement stopped working and again was sent a replacement. Upon receiving this one, the charger stopped working the next day and now it's been 7 months and the tablet rest itself and everything on it was lost. Signed back on and all services are getting errors. Did a factory reset and now tablet will not start. These tablets are such garbage that Wal-Mart doesn't even carry them anymore and RCA should not even make them because it's obvious they don't know what they're doing.

I purchased an RCA tablet in January 2016 and for some reason it stopped turning on at the end of March (no scratches, smudges, etc.). I sent my tablet in for repair via USPS priority mail April 5th and it was received and signed for at their Lockport, NY warehouse 2 days later. The representative that emailed me never stated that once my tablet was received in NY it would then be shipped to RCA's international warehouse. I had to send several emails to finally be told that information.

After waiting the entire month of May, I emailed RCA AGAIN to see what the status of my tablet was and was told my tablet is in the warehouse and it has been repaired for a cracked screen. She also sent payment information ($30) to me for the replacement cost. I emailed the representative back and explained my tablet was sent in because it wouldn't power on. She then stated to me if my tablet got damaged during transit to them, it is the customer's responsibility. I asked for a supervisor to contact me. Needless to say no one but the same representative emailed me back. No more RCA products for us.

Purchased 1 7 inch RCA 7 Voyager for my 9 yr old son and the incompetent device stopped working 3 weeks later. It no longer will charge which means that it will not stay on. I am calling customer NO service and hopefully will have remedy. Purchased at Wal-Mart's with a 2 yr warranty. From previous post it looks like I will receive no justice but we will see.

My experience with this device was had so many defaults. Every time you would be in the middle of a game it would knock you off. You would set the wallpaper and it would change, and whatever you was playing would just stop, and it would just start doing its own thing. I think that since I gave it two tries I should be given some kind of reterution for even given it a third chance.

I have tried contacting someone to answer my question of the status of our refund check with no luck of anyone calling me back. I have left numerous messages. We sent our tv back months ago (Oct.2015) because the screen went out and they said the check was sent out in December (2015). We NEVER received this check but that they would check the status and get back to us. They have not called back. So now we are out the T.V. that they were originally supposed to repair. I am getting a bit upset and am pretty sure they are avoiding us on purpose. Don't believe this company and don't buy an RCA product.

We bought the ten-inch tablet for our son. In less than a month it wasn't charging, and would not hold a charge on the off chance that it did charge. If we found it was charged and unplugged it, ten minutes later it was out of power. I bought it through Wal-Mart's, with the two-year warranty. When I took it back to Wal-Mart's, they told me I was two days past their return policy (15 days). So I went home and called customer service. First "Lisa" (strange name for someone with a very strong Indian accent) told me that I needed to find something with a similar sized charge cord and try using that. When I told her I was unwilling to void my warranty by using a cord that did not go to my tablet, she directed me to a website called RCA repair your tablet. Again, I told her that I was not fixing my own tablet, that I was not an idiot, and that I knew once I started "working" on my own tablet, she informed me that she couldn't help me if I was "going to be difficult".

I asked to speak to her manager. At first, she told me she didn't have one. I asked her for her name and desk reference number. She told me her name was "Lisa" but that her last name was "personal" and that she didn't have a desk reference number. I again asked to speak to her supervisor, she told me she could take down my number and he would call me in an hour. It's been three hours, just as I suspected, I didn't get a phone call. I have to wonder why I bought a warranty! What a joke. Wal-Mart told me that it was RCA's problem. RCA told me that it was Wal-Mart's problem. So essentially I wasted one hundred and seventy dollars. Thanks RCA for your bull spit customer service, and thanks Wal-Mart's for selling me a service plan that you had NO INTENTIONS ON HONORING!!

Bought 3 RCA 7 Voyager tablets. All 3 quit charging within 2 months and won't turn on. There should be a national recall according to the similar complaints on here! Don't buy one - EVER.

We have an RCA 32" TV/DVD combo in a spare guest room. Purchased this from Best Buy on March 21, 2015. It was used about 2 weeks total time. Won't turn on. No sound, no picture. Phoned Warranty at 888-977-6722 about Jan. 26, 2016. Told me they were sending me a box to ship it in for repair, however the box never arrived. Called back to RCA 3rd party warranty claims and was told I didn't provide my Best Buy Receipt, find it and call back. I found the receipt, called back and was told by Robert that a box would arrive in about 5-10 days. Waited, no box arrived. Waited an additional 5-10 days and still no box. Called on March 21 and spoke to Anthony, who told me he saw the problem, someone in his company filled out the form wrong. I asked for a box and he told me too late now to fall under the warranty, because it is March 21, and I purchased the TV on March 21, 2015.

I asked for a supervisor and he told me I couldn't speak to one. He told me call RCA escalation at 858-798-3300 and if they decide to help me, call him back. Unbelievable! I called and left a message for RCA escalation, explaining that their 3rd party warranty vendor, in my opinion, ran out my warranty time purposely and refuses to assist. (We are talking January-March!) In the interim, I phoned back RCA 3rd party warranty and spoke to Jorge, asking him to speak to a supervisor, after having explained the warranty scam again. Jorge put me on hold, came back and said I couldn't speak to a supervisor, they are just a 3rd party, not RCA. I explained to Jorge that his company is a 3rd party hired by RCA to represent them, and they failed me, and I feel they cheated me out of my warranty.

He gave me a number for his legal department at 847-286-2500, which is Sears Holdings for customers who purchased products at Sears or KMart. Not applicable to me, and further misuse of my time and terrible business tactics presented by RCA's 3rd party warranty company. I did receive a call from a man named Dave, after having left a detailed message with my model no. LED32G30RQD and serial # on the company voice mail. Dave ensured me that he would speak to his appropriate colleague and phone me either later the same day, March 21, or the next day. I write this on March 23, with no follow-up from RCA.

This TV is quite inexpensive and I didn't expect high quality, however I expect to get a decent amount of time from a product that is not utilized on a consistent basis. (Ironically RCA warranty department told me that for some reason if you don't consistently use your RCA TV they stop working? Seriously, this 3rd party needs to reevaluate the telephone operators they hire, or at least give them a decent script of excuses for the TV not working). It is now more a principle issue, because this TV should have been fixed in January.

The tv worked fine until I tried to use Netflix. It plays for a few seconds freezes, unfreezes, freezes, then completely turns off.

RCA TV has repeatedly failed to fulfill their agreed upon commitments to service, refund, and pick up the defective RCA TV. RCA is made by Oncorp and operated through Activeon, San Diego. Their website says "Trust... Customer Oriented "Always on your side."" These are words from a marketer that do not reflect their true performance. When they make an appointment, they do not show up; then they blame it on someone else. Still waiting to get my refund after months of broken promises.

I bought a 52 in tv in 2014. In 2015 1 yr and 4 months later half screen went black. I called, they sent a tech to my house 2 weeks later who said I'm gonna get a new tv when I got no feedback. I called, had to go through a bunch of hoops on phone with "oh we didn't get your paperwork you faxed then." Said it was 4 months out of warranty. They won't help. When I said the woman I called said I just made the warranty date and why would you send a tech then she said "It's a problem we're working on" and goodbye. Never buy anything RCA by Oncorp. That tv should of lasted longer for that price. If it won't make a year sell for 199 tops. Never buy RCA.

6 month old RCA 40 in tv died. There is a 1 yr warranty but 4 hr drive to drop it off or we pay to ship from NS to ON. The supervisor tech support (Amanda) spoke a different language to other reps when I was explaining situation to her, very rude. She was able to understand English nor a desire to listen to me. Why are companies have warranties if they will not honor them. At the end of the call she asked for all info again because she did not even have my account on the screen so she would know what the situation was. This shows customer there is lack of service or repair for the RCA products.

RCA. My parents bought and it was good quality, good all around picture, sound, but parents didn't get a remote all the time. I bought Philips Magnavox and had a good TV until it died of old age. Family had a Sharp and liked it and we watched TV on it and then got one for ourselves as the Magnavox died, and when I moved to my current address the owner didn't want to move the large tv which is a Samsung so he left it and it is very nice, good picture, sound. Even though I like all American made things this is a very nice tv.

I have in my main home and in my getaway home 5 RCA televisions. 3 are 40 in. and 2 are 32 in. and have no complaints so far. The quality is great and the price has always been good. Also have a Sharp 52 in. Aquos which is a super tv but a little pricey. Sharp is getting out of the tv business (RCA should take it over) so if it plays out, I will surely replace it with a RCA. With 9 grand kids, I will stand by my RCAs.

I also own a Panasonic for which I would also give 5 Stars. Both Panasonic and two RCA TVs are quite old but still work like brand new. The Panasonic especially gives a wonderfully detailed screen, although I do not receive HD. The RCAs are both a mini and an extra large, the mini has a built-in DVD player which works almost on its own with little prompting by me (user friendly). The extra large is the oldest and still gives vivid color. They all have excellent sound and sound control. None of the sets have ever required repairs nor have they ever misbehaved. I would highly recommend both these models.

I have no major complaints about my RCA LED 50+ screen TV. One slight negative is; I wish the colors were a bit brighter! I've had it for about 2 years now and no issues with the sound or picture clarity.

RCA Company Profile