1.82/5

776 RCA Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

We bought an RCA 953 Microwave, White through Amazon.ca through seller bigHUGE on May 15, 2018. It failed a few days after we received it. We attempted to get it serviced on the 12 month warranty that came with the purchase (stated in the manual) by calling the number provided: 1-800-968-9853. We received instructions from the call centre (callcenter@curtisint.com) on August 13, 2018 8:43 AM requesting that detailed information and pictures be mailed to customerservice@curtisint.com). This was completed and sent by e-mail on August 31 at 1:58 PM. We received no reply. We contacted RCA again telling the call centre that we had received no reply.

Eventually we were told that a response had been sent (which certainly was not received) and when we asked what the contents were we were informed that it said that because bigHUGE was the seller the warranty did not apply, and we should contact bigHUGE. They promised that the information would be re-sent to us. We received nothing. On contacting bigHUGE by telephone, they said they were a distributor only and we should contact RCA.

Again we contacted RCA (there is only one number for RCA: 1-800-968-9853) and were again promised that we would receive a response, that they would indicate that it was urgent but we received none. We attempted to get from the call centre a direct number for RCA or any other means of contacting RCA but they claimed they were just a call centre and could only pass on the request. This frustrating run-around appears to be designed to help RCA Canada avoid its contractual obligations as specified in the warranty that came with the product.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

RCA IS THE BEST! I have a 1900 RCA floor model television that I have owned for 24 yrs. I have NEVER had to replace anything on this TV. It is now sitting in my living room connected to DirecTV. My friends and family are amazed of how good this tv plays. They keep telling me that it is old fashioned and I should get rid of it and get an updated flat screen. I refuse. If you could see what great picture that it still projects, you would never buy any other brand but RCA. I will not get rid of it as long as it is working. It will always be my living room TV. Before you know it, it may be back in style. Thank you RCA for your excellence.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I've had no good experience trying to email RCA. No email address so I'm able to email them to see if I'm able to get the inverted backlight for the model I have... I've tried 4 different online place and none sell that part... so where am I suppose to get that part at?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

If I could I would give a -5 star for RCA televisions. I have purchased 2 - 24 inch TV/DVD combo units both spare televisions. Both lasted just over 1 year junk. Don’t waste your money on these. Although the box says 24 inch the television measures at 21 inches???

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I purchased this product on August 18, 2018 just three short weeks ago after replacing a previous model that I had purchased in June. Both players after a few weeks started skipping and restarting the movies over, I have cleaned the CDs, dusted the DVD player even though it's brand new and to no avail. It will not stop restarting the DVDs. Very frustrating as I am trying to keep a child entertained in the car. The item was expensive at $109 and to not get to use it for a month and now cannot return due to a 15 day return policy I am once again purchasing a new one but will not be RCA.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RCA?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Bought a 55" TV for my father on his birthday Oct 2017 from Walmart.com. The picture went blank less than a year later. It was under warranty yet RCA/Curtis gave us a complete runaround. After many phone calls, emails etc, the last call today I was told by the call center that they never call anyone back and I have to wait for an email. We have been waiting for a month. Ridiculous. You think you are buying a quality product with a long history of great customer service and all it is is crap. I would say that Walmart.com should dump this product as should all retail companies. Don't buy RCA. The warranty is a scam. There is no warranty.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I bought an RCA 55" TV. After 2 months the screen started showing a pattern of colors. Green, red, blue, white and over again. So I called and like everyone else waited for an email. Got that and followed the instructions of emailing back the serial #, model #, and a picture of the issue. Waited weeks till I received another email. This one said I can either send the TV to them at my own cost, or I can take a hammer to my TV screen and smash it then take a pic and email it to them. Yes you read that right a hammer. Lol. So I called to make sure this wasn't a joke and it wasn't. I did smash the screen, took a pic then my husband took the TV to the dump, as I have children/pets that don't need to get into the glass etc. Well now RCA is telling me my picture was too dark & generic and they can't help me. I'm so pissed off and they won't even return my calls/emails now. Not sure what to do.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

TV was first used Dec 2017. In May of 2018 it would not turn on. Product has a 1 year warranty. I've called RCA 3 times for help: June 2018, July 2018, and Aug 2018. I was promised an email with a list of service centers near me, and instructions on how to get the TV fixed. The emails were never sent/received. RCA claims they cannot just tell me the instructions over the phone, that I must wait for the email, as they are a call center and not a customer service center. I imagine I also need a work order generated. Lots of run-around from this company. Will NEVER buy RCA again.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I have had my RCA 32* TV for about 3 years. Suddenly, will not turn on. I have to unplug and plug back in about 50 times before it will finally turn on. Pain in the butt, and I will never buy another RCA.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I recently purchased a 55” HDTV on sale at a very good price. I called customer service to help me connect my old surround system. My information was taken by phone and I received an email 4 days later asking me to describe the problem that I had already explained to the person who took my call. By that time I had purchased a new sound bar. Again I had trouble and was told to contact them again. I did so and had to go through the same process. I finally contacted Geek Squad and they came and resolved it for a fee well worth paying. RCA was the name of our first TV when I was a kid but it will be the last as an adult. Too bad.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

We bought 2 RCA TVs at Walmart for our business. After 1 year our remotes went missing, which we expected, so we bought replacements. They were the exact remotes that our RCA 50 inch TV came with, except that they didn't work. So, we bought universal remotes... 3 different brands. They did not work either. We got all the support possible and were walked through setting up all of them and they still didn't work. RCA has told me 2 times that they will contact me via email, because that is the way that they do things. Well, they don't do things and have never gotten back to us. NEVER BUY RCA!!!

Original review: July 23, 2018

Our first RCA experience was with a 55” - not even 6 months later the T-Con board blew, after many weeks of trying to contact RCA - we hear nothing. To replace the T-Con board cost more than the TV itself. Went and bought a Sanyo, never had one problem. It’s been 3 years. Then YESTERDAY my husband comes home with a 65” 4K RCA, and ladies and gentleman, not even 24 hours later - the screen is glitching and has disruptive pixel lines all of it. Returning today, to never ever ever buy RCA product EVER. Absolutely garbage.

Original review: July 23, 2018

This LED TV functions great, has lots of options in the TV menu. Maybe 1-2 more USB plugs would be nice. But for the price we feel we got a great deal. The only issue with this tv is the sound, the speakers must be low grade. We bought surround sound to remedy speakers.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I brought an RCA tablet for my daughter and it stopped working and it stopped working. It took me almost three months to get in touch with someone. Once I did get in contact with someone, I sent my tablet off I and waited for months and was never contacted about the tablet so I called the 1-800 number and asked them what happen to my tablet. I was told that it was a crack inside of the tablet crack inside the screen. I told them that the tablet did not have a crack when I mailed it to them and if it is a crack inside it sound like a manufacturing problem. They gave me an email to contact rcaav.com_support_webform. I email this email address last year when I was told to by the first person about the crack and never receive a reply and I email it earlier this year and still did not hear back from anyone. It's been almost a year and I still have not received my daughter tablet back.

I am very upset. I paid with my hard earn money and to be told that they will not send me back the tablet that I paid for is ridiculous and crazy. I never buy RCA and this is one of the reasons why I never buy products from this company. This company is a rip-off and it's a fraud. It makes cheap products that do not have the quality to it. I would recommend to anyone never buy RCA and for them to cheat my daughter's tablet for almost a year and refuse to bring it back. Refused to send it back is crazy.

When I try to contact someone about it when I called the 1-800 number to technical support lady told me that I would have to email them. I have email every time I call that one 800 number. They give me an email address and every time I email I do not get a correspond. This company is a fraud and it's ripping off thousands of consumers. This company does not need to be in business and I recommend to everybody to never ever purchase an RCA product.

I want my money back for the amount that I paid for my daughter's tablet. My daughter has not even been able to use her tablet once and it's been almost a year that they have had my tablet and now they're refusing to send it back. This is this company is a sham and a fraud and if you keep treating people like this you won't have a company. I could have spent my money and bought another product. I could have bought a Samsung. I could have bought Apple iPad but I purchase RCA and I'm now I'm being ripped off and my daughter does not have a tablet.

I will contact a lawyer so that I can see if I can start a class action lawsuit against RCA. I know that I am not the only person that this has happened to but it needs to stop for this company to take people money and make and selling products that are fraudulent. Their products are garbage/trash and I recommend that no one ever buy RCA products. They should be put out of business for the trash that they sell.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I bought a 55" RCA TV Model RTRU5527-W in November 2017. Six months later it made a very loud sparking noise, smelled burning and stopped working. The TV would turn on but there was absolutely no picture. RCA has a year warranty on their products with the receipt, which I have because I purchased it on Walmart.com. I called Curtis International that day and they took my information and told me someone would send me an email within 48 hours, that didn't happen, so I called again. So again I had to give her all my information and she said that the head office would email me within 48 hours.

I received the email and responded immediately with the information they required and waited 2 days for a response, no response came. So I called again. I was told to wait 5-10 days for a response. A week goes by and nothing. I call again. All they can tell me is that it's in high priority and I should hear from someone soon. There is a warranty on this product that Curtis does not want to honor. I have been told there is no way to talk to the customer service department that I'm emailing and that I have to wait. I do not believe they are honoring their warranty.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I have always used this excellent brand of TV. The screen size is excellent in the bigger sizes. I never have had any problems with the brand whereas with another brand, I had an issue with the screen going black from top to bottom or vice versa.

Original review: May 10, 2018

RCA TV is fairly decent. The only issue I have is that sometimes the volume just stops working for a min or 2 then comes back on. Oh and it's real slow turning on.

Original review: April 26, 2018

The screen is burning out after only having it for 2 years. The TV was a bargain when I bought it, but I thought it would last longer than it has. I realize I probably should of research it a bit better than I did. The frame of the TV is black, however it has a sticky film on it, which has made it really hard to remove.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Am reviewing the TV because I feel it's underrated. I see a lot of negative reviews. I purchased this TV on sale at ShopRite because it was relatively cheap and 55"... my old TV was dead and needed a new one. Spectrum came and checked it out, said it was fine. Picture excellent, sound a little below par but on the whole a very good TV and I'm sorry to see so many people don't like it. Not as many features as a high end higher tech model perhaps, but good enough for me! I don't need something that blasts loud anyhow. The technician who came to my house explained the sound issues and made adjustments. This TV is fine for anyone who wants something updated but doesn't need all the newer smarter features, who has time for that anyhow...

Original review: March 29, 2018

I turned on my TV, heard a loud pop sound. Turn my TV off and then back on when I notice lines going across and through the top of my TV and also notice it had a impact crack inside the screen. Called RCA and was told they will see what they can do as my TV is only a yr old.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I have a 500W DVD/surround sound. The unit went crazy and was still under warranty. I sent it in and it was sent back "FIXED LOL" and was in worse shape than when I sent it in. They asked for it back in 12/17 and today I still don't have it 3/13/18. They say it's been shipped but nothing. RCA products have went downhill since the 90's. Nobody will contact me back with the truth. I exchanged it a week after I originally bought it because wouldn't play DVD then the other issues came up and sent it in.

Original review: March 9, 2018

My son was watching tv, heard a loud pop sound. He called me. We unplugged tv. As we waiting about 20 min plugged back in the tv. Had lines going across and a impact crack inside screen. Took tv to Kmart. Was told call RCA, but was told tv is 3 years old so no accommodation. Very upset. Will never buy LCD again.

Original review: March 2, 2018

My space is small with room for only a 32" tv. This fit the bill for 2 reasons, 1 size wise, and 2 it had a built-in DVD player. Bought on 2009, the tv works great, however, the DVD player doesn't always work. Have tried to clean heads to no avail. So, I'm never sure if I'm going to be able to watch a DVD movie or not. Lately, not. Having had this same problem with another multi-purpose appliance. I will only buy single one from now on.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

My TV 3 years old a year ago it would just turn off sometimes, so I looked it up and did the reset. Worked the first time, when it happened again. Didn't work so I left it unplugged for days. One I just plugged in and it worked. About 2 months ago it turned off again. I tried everything. Nothing worked this time. When you look it up it's known problem that RCA knows about. I'm guessing just a way to get you to buy a new TV. The TV otherwise is great pic, sound. Just this bs of turning off.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

There should be a negative star option because this company is absolutely horrible. I bought a 50 RCA TV model RT5030 in August 2018. Four months later it stopped working. The tv would turn on but there was absolutely no picture (pretty sure a backlight went on it), anyway. RCA has a year warranty on their products with the receipt, which I unfortunately lost. I called RCA customer service anyway the day it happened and they told me they wouldn't even speak to me without a receipt. So I went to the store I bought it from about a week later and got them to look up the receipt and reprint it for me.

I called RCA back that day at about 11am and they took my information and told me someone would call me back that same day, by about 8pm no one had called me back, so I called again. The lady who picked up the phone told me that whoever told me that was wrong to do so because they don't call customers back. So again I had to give her all my information and she said that the head office would email me within 48 hours.

Well 48 hours go past and no email. So I called for a fourth time. The person who answered this time was incredibly rude. Told me an email was sent. I explained that I haven't received it and she continued to tell me that it's been sent so there's nothing she can do. After several minutes of telling the lady I haven't gotten it I finally ask how they spelled my email (even though I told the lady who asked for it how to spell it three different times) and they had it spelled completely wrong. So she sends out another email. 48 hours go by and I actually get the email this time. So I do as the instructions as said in the email and email them back.

A week goes by and nothing. I call again. All they can tell me is that it's in high priority and I should hear from someone soon. Another week goes by. So again, I called them. And they tell me the same thing. I've been dealing with this company for approximately a month and a half now trying to get my tv fixed or something and they will not give me any answers. Their products suck, and their customer service sucks even more. Never will I ever buy anything from RCA again. I've never experienced anything like this before and have absolutely nothing good to say about them.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I bought a 49 inch on Black Friday. On Christmas eve watched tv in the morning and it was fine. Tried turning it on that evening and only the sound works. Called RCA for authorization to exchange the tv at Leon's (as per Leon's policy), the rep told me to go to Leon's to exchange the tv as no authorization was required. When to Leon's and they told me they couldn't exchange without authorization. Leon's then called RCA who told them the authorization will take between 24 to 48 hours. I've been emailed by RCA who has now told me I have to drive to their service centre to have the tv evaluated! This company is terrible. They don't know what they are doing and have no consideration for their customers. They should stand by their products.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

This TV (RCA TV RLDED3258A-E) is only a couple of years old. The power supply has failed and I'm told this is a known issue. There are YouTube videos about this exact problem. RCA says sorry, out of warranty. They know it's their fault but won't correct it. This is what "Made in America" means... Junk, just like the vehicles that always rate at the bottom in the Consumer Reports. Of course I can't find the receipt, but even so RCA can tell by the serial when it was made. Buy from Japan... Better products.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Call numerous of times. Was on hold for more than 30 to 45 minutes. Submitted my request on December 2nd Have not gotten a reply back yet. Today's date is the 18th. Can someone please let me know what's going on with my tablet? I sent it off to the address sent to my email. Yours Truly unhappy customer.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

In February, 2015 I bought an RCA LED46C45RQ 47" 1080 60 Hz LED HDTV. I bought it at Walmart for 350.75. The return window on it expired in May (6.5 months ago) so they told me I'd have to work with the manufacturer. I'd hoped they'd realize that it was a faulty picture and refund, repair, or exchange it. There were quite a few negative reviews on the Walmart page that popped up after I had purchased it but I always read reviews before buying. After it went out, I reread and bad ones had been added. Anyway, RCA says they only guarantee for 1 year. I said they should start making things to last longer than 2 years and they said they are sorry it didn't meet my expectations. Seriously??? My super high expectations of more than 2 or 3 years??? Ridiculous. Be leery… Especially on higher priced stuff… If they are only building to be good enough to outlast their 1 year warranty.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I purchased online from walmart.com a 50' RCA TV in December 2016 that stopped working in April or May 2017. I went to my local Walmart were in initially pick up the tv to make a complaint. The manager explained the procedure to contact walmart.com. Once I did through emails their response was to contact the manufacturer. They gave two numbers that hit a dead in. 888-977-6722 or 858-798-3300. One of the numbers said to contact them by email. I gave the necessary information asked and has not received a response.

RCA Company Information