RCA

Compare TV Brands

Research top TV Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have been trying since October 2016 to get the soundboard replaced on my RCA Smart TV, with DVD player, that I purchased from Walmart. A tech came out the first part of November and ordered a board because I had no sound. Beautiful picture, but no sound. Sears is doing the warranty work according to RCA, but they aren't. I have had three canceled appointments because the part is constantly on back order. One time it was sent to New Hampshire. I live in Houston! I just called again because the part was supposed to be in on 1/16. It is not. I am 73 years old and have not had a tv since the beginning of October. I don't know what to do next. I paid for 4 years of extended warranty and that is no good unless the warranty is out. I was told that it would be valid as long as I needed the part. Calling customer service for RCA is just a waste of time. I am about to write my State Attorney General to see if there is something they can do.

RCA USED to be a very reliable and higher end manufacturer, what happened? It's been months since my TV stopped working under warranty. It took 2 weeks to get the at home diagnosis since they deemed it unrepairable. It's been nothing but a ghost chase. Frustrating experience!! After several weeks of waiting for further contact from RCA after our TV (receipt attached) was deemed unrepairable, we've been directed to you for a refund or replacement.

This TV was costly & was bought recently, it was diagnosed as unrepairable by the technician that was sent out (receipt attached). We were told that the warranty would be honored with a replacement TV or a refund within (2) weeks. That was now several weeks ago. We've been waiting a long time & this is the first (and hopefully last) attempt to email you these receipts that RCA should have. Not a happy customer here. Before we publish our reviews on this company, please respond & we'll do our best to work with you to resolve this issue in a timely manner. Thank you.

Purchased RCA LED55G55R120Q Series Ultra HDTV on August 11th, 2016, it arrived August 17th and I was allowed to open the box on September 5th. (It was a gift.) On December 6th my TV developed a line in the screen about 1 inch thick that was very pixelated and yellow and green. Called and set up a service call. December 27th the service tech told us the television could not be repaired and would be replaced. I was told I would hear from them in 3 to 5 business days. It's been almost a month. I have sent emails and get no response and the number they give you to call only tells you that representatives are busy and to send an email. This is crazy and I am tired of it. It is not hard to see why ACTIVEON/RCA has a big fat "F" with BBB.

I bought a brand new RCA Tablet Pro-12 from Wal-Mart in Pittsburg, California on Christmas Eve. The volume stopped working before a week. I took the tablet back to Wal-Mart in what I thought was a reasonable amount of time - 2 weeks, and to my surprise, I WAS TOO LATE!!! I had to bring it back within 15 days!!! So I figured I would surely be covered by the Manufacturer's Warranty, and I cannot even get a live person at RCA!!! It is all done through emails back and forth, and they are not even replacing my brand new product. I have to be inconvenienced by mailing it back, and RCA doesn't even replaced it. THEY REFURBISH IT!!! I BOUGHT THIS BRAND NEW, not to mention this Pro-12 stopped functioning properly within days of purchase. Stay away from the Pro-12!!!

RCA 40" TV under warranty, had it checked, by Sears Service, who indicated I would be hearing from RCA regarding Replacement. Well this was 3 months ago. I get nothing from RCA/ACTIVEON. Won't answer calls, emails. Absolutely the worst! Have tried other "RCA" service centers, and even the warranty repair service.... All I get is the "call Activeon using the number provided" which is a black hole.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RCA?

I purchased this TV online from Kmart in August 2016. TV has been inoperable since I received it. Have tried to call the # given... No answer of course. Tried the Activeon email address, a guy named Richard responded once and told me to contact Kmart. Blah, Blah... So I'm stuck with a TV that I can't use, but my $$ was taken. Absolutely, horrible!!! LESSONED LEARN. IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, THEN IT IS!! The manufacturer warranty will be null and void because of their negligence. Not responding. I WANT A NEW TV OR MY $$$ BACK THAT'S ALL!!

I put 1 star because they made me but you don't even deserve that. On the phone all day with RCA KMART the place where I bought the tv. This has been ongoing for too long with no help other than the company wanting to charge me for repair cost that are more than the tv for what they told me was a manufacturer defect. I am pretty upset to say that a few months after buying a 55" RCA TV the picture started to go. I called to complain they transferred me to another person who gave me another number to call. The number was just an answering service that says they will contact you after 2 days if you email them. But doesn't let you leave a message. Now my screen has gone completely black. I have spent the past 4 hours on the phone being transferred back and forth and to no avail they transferred me to the infamous voicemail answering service with the same message.

I bought 32 in RCA TV in Walmart online in July 2016 for my granddaughter's birthday. In Nov. 24 2016 when his father open the TV and connected the tv do not work. I call Walmart because I get 3 year warranty but they said the tv is on RCA warranty the first year before the extended warranty start to work. OK. I call RCA and they send to my house a shipping label by FedEx. After 15 days I call RCA and they give me a phone to call **. That was the beginning of my night with the hell. They never answer. I call more than 50 time. I sent Email to customerservice@activeon.com more than 10 time and they never send me an e-mail. Please I need help, somebody call me. I pay $229.00 for that TV. Serial #5510-LK32G45-A00106.

Bought my kids some of the Viking tablets for Christmas one year, within a month 2 quit working (one wouldn't finish loading and the other wouldn't boot up). First it was fine, they sent me replacements and I sent the defective ones back. Month later, one that was returned quit working, and again they sent me a replacement. Fast forward 3 months and my daughter breaks hers so I pay for a new one and once again, 1 week after getting it (BRAND NEW) tablet quits booting up.

Contact support, but now they decide sending replacements isn't feasible, so I've spent the last 4 months arguing with these morons about how I don't think it's fair for me to spend $15-20 on insured postage to make sure it gets back to them. Don't buy anything RCA, you can get better quality products by sneezing into a pile of dog ** and sprinkling glitter on it. That way when you yell at the pile of sparkly **, it'll give you a more profound answer than the imbeciles RCA employs (hence the slew of 1 star ratings on here).

My 48 inch RCA Television was purchased in February 2016. In early October 2016 the picture went out but there was still sound. After contacting RCA, they sent a repairman to my house on October 31 to just tell me that he would need to order a part that would most likely not fix the problem. On November 11 he returned to replace the part and of course it didn't work. The repair man told me someone would be in contact with me in 14-20 business days for a replacement. I waited and waited. No one contacted me. After reaching out to RCA again, they gave me the number to Activeon, the company that handles the replacements, which they told me I was approved for. The number they gave me goes immediately after one to a recording that all representatives are busy with other customers and to email them and someone would reply in 2 business days.

A man named Richard ** replied to my first email stating he was new to the department, wanted claim information, and he would be in touch soon. It is now 2 weeks before Christmas and not one person has even given me a status update regarding my replacement. A representative from RCA told me, "In reality, it takes about 2 months to get your replacement." Seriously? I have sent email, after email, yet no one is interested in contacting me and there is no way to get a hold of anyone. I will so buy the warranty at the store next time. As for purchasing another RCA product... NEVER AGAIN!

I am furious at RCA at this time! I purchased a RCA 58 Inch Smart HDTV in April 2016. In July 2016 the tv was no longer working. So after several attempts to fix it, the repair person concluded it was not repairable. A couple of weeks later I was sent a replacement tv which I wasn't very pleased about because it was refurbished. In October 2016 the refurbished replacement tv was no longer working. After calling the phone number that was given to me by RCA customer service (Activeon) regarding the broken replacement, I was never able to get an answer. Only the message "All of our associates are currently assisting other customers. Please try again later or leave us an email at customerservice@activon.com, and we will get back to you within two business days. Thank you for your patience."

I sent an email regarding my problem. Someone by the name of Jeff did respond claiming "he would be happy to give me a refund, if I send him proof of purchase". So, the same day I sent the proof of purchase but I never heard from him again. Since then I have sent more emails but I never get a response. I do not want another tv from RCA at this point! I WANT A REFUND! Because clearly the product is no good. Someone needs to contact me ASAP! This experience has been a nightmare. Sincerely, Dissatisfied Customer.

Never experienced such bad customer service until I tried to get my RCA TV fixed under warranty. I've included details below of a timeline but basically once the repair company (A&E Factory Services) confirms the TV cannot be repaired they give you a number that is always a machine and they never reply to your email. Sounds like this is par for the course from what I'm seeing here.

9/17/2016, called 1-888-977-6722 to report issue with TV (this is actually A&E Factory Services but they answer the phone as ONCORP). 10/3/2016, repairman inspected TV, confirmed issue, ordered part. 11/17/2016, after several calls with repair company, was informed 11/17 that part was no longer available and told to contact 858-798-3300. 11/17/2016, called 858-798-3300 (Activeon) and told to email customerservice@activeon.com. 11/17/2016, emailed with details. 11/22, today, called multiple times, never a person answering. Either told to call during normal business hours or told to email them and they will respond in 2 business days. Today, fed-up.

I bought two RCA Viking Pro tablets, one for me and one for my daughter, and both worked great. One got stepped on when it was carelessly left out and the screen cracked. That's on me. So, I contacted support and was more than happy to pay the fee to have it repaired since it was my fault, along with the usual shipping insurance. I thought everything was going great and I was getting it repaired at less than the cost to buy a new one, but then I got my package, and guess what... I immediately noticed that the screen is distorted and has red and blue wavy lines all over it. And not only that, the screen is cracked. The very thing I sent it to be repaired for! It's a different tablet so obviously they replaced it, but this one is worse than the one I sent to them.

Again, I contacted support and was told to send it to them AGAIN to be repaired along with another fee and the exact same process I went through before. I paid my fee. They should refund it or send me another tablet that isn't more damaged but I fear they'll send me back a box full of random parts this time. I complained to customer service one last time but I'm not expecting a satisfactory answer. I'm just going to recycle this piece of trash because it will cost more than I paid for the tablet to fix. And I am NEVER buying from this company again.

I have got a Voyager PRO with keyboard case few months back and it worked for the first month and then it quit. It wouldn't. It acts like it takes to charge and then it's not taking a charge. It won't turn on. You can't reset it and nothing. And when you contact RCA they want you to pay to send it to him when it was under warranty and for you to make sure that it was in bubble wrapped in a certain type of box and everything. Why aren't they sending the stuff if it's under warranty. They should be paying for whatever it needs to get there to fix it or replace it and send it back. This isn't right.

Bought 2 RCA Voyager tablets for Christmas last year. Having charging issues with both. Went to Walmart and was informed that the particular model I bought has been discontinued due to a charging problem... Was told to call RCA. Have not been able to speak with anyone in customer service. Am probably out $$'s and most likely will not get product replacement.

On June 24th of 2015 my wife gave me a 46 inch RCA led tv for my birthday on June 25. TV was great for about the first 7 or 8 months. Then when the tv was turned on, all we would get was sound but not picture. Just a black screen but would eventually give a picture if you turned the tv on and off a couple of times. Finally it stopped working altogether. Called the number for warranty which is a nightmare in itself. Finally got the go ahead to take tv repair shop. Took about 3 weeks before we got tv back. Had to order parts. Working fine again. In August, tv started doing the same thing again. Called back to warranty. NO WARRANTY LEFT, expired June 24/16. $220.00 repair on a 14 month old tv. Told repair shop to keep it. RCA... really crappy appliance. Thanks.

My experience with RCA has been very bad because I bought a 60 inch TV From Kmart and RCA does not want to replace it. I was wiping my TV and I lost the picture. Now this happened two months ago and I have tried to get a hold of someone to replace my TV at RCA and I can't get a hold of anyone. Yes I called the tech first and they ordered parts and came back and said it couldn't be fixed and they were going to email RCA. Nothing ever came from that and now I'm stuck with a TV that don't work.

Much like Jeff a few posts ago, I purchased a 48" RCA HD TV from Walmart for my mother, my purchase being in February. Five months later, it quit working. July 18, I called RCA, and they agreed it was under warranty, and would send someone out August 2 (2 weeks for a service call). The technician came and worked on it, telling my mother that it had a defective panel and would need replacing. He said that his company would send that in to warranty the next day, and we should hear something from them on the replacement in about a week.

A couple of weeks later, my mother tries calling the phone line he gave her for the RCA support, since she has not heard from them. The phone picks up with, "All of our associates are currently assisting other customers. Please try again later or leave us an email at customerservice@activeon.com, and we will get back to you within one business day. Thank you for your patience." My mother waits a couple of hours, and gets the same message. She tries first thing in the morning (their hours), and gets the same message.

Being an almost 80-year old woman who cannot learn e-mail, she turns it over to me. I tried several times to call, and got the exact same message, so I sent them an e-mail to customersupport@activeon.com on August 25, going off the promise in their recorded message that they would get back to me in a day. Guess what? Nope.

At this point, RCA says that they do not do any service or warranty on the tv, that I have to go thru ActiveOn. ActiveOn doesn't answer phone calls or e-mails. We are now 42 days from the phone call to start the warranty service, and can get absolutely no information from anyone. If RCA is not going to be a part of RCA television customer service, they need to take their logo off of that product. If they are going to continue to make money off letting others use the logo and name, then they need to support the customers who have bought strictly based on that name.

I purchased the RCA 32 inch TV with DVD component from Walmart. The DVD NEVER worked and there is a DVD stuck in the TV. I have tried every method to remove it but without success. This is the first TV with DVD that I have ever owned without a reject button on the TV or the remote. Walmart does not carry this item anymore and I can see why. Unfortunately I did not read the reviews before I bought this piece of worthless garbage.

This is the second time in 3 years that my son has received this same tablet as a gift. The first one we got rid of because it quit charging. At the time I thought it was something my son did wrong and somehow messed up the tablet. Just got another for his birthday this week. He was able to play on it for two days and I went to plug it in to charge and noticed that it kept popping back and forth between charging to saying please connect to charger and on top of that it was making weird popping noises and had lines running all over the screen as long as the tablet was plugged into the charger... Never again will I buy a product from this company... Wish my mother's husband would have read these reviews before buying this for my son. He is so disappointed... Two days of use and now all these problems... Would be the interested in learning more about your class action suit Justin from California...

RCA Tablet RCT6203W46 - I had purchased this tablet last year. Short time after that the keyboard just stopped working and now the WIFI won't connect at all. I did a factory reset and that did nothing but erase all my data.

RCA 48" HD TELEVISION purchased online thru Walmart in January 2016. TV went to black screen June 2016. Called customer service. Man on phone verified that it was under warranty. Based on info given said it sounded like symptoms that almost always require a new TV for replacement. Technician cannot come for 8 days. Technician comes and says he is certain that the TV will need replacement, but has to order parts that RCA insists on. Goes through this all the time and parts fix problem 1 out of every 20-25 times. Schedule return to try parts 11 days later.

Comes, tries parts. As predicted do not fix problem. Says we will get new TV. RCA however needs 4-5 business days to call customer for making this happen..

Has no idea how long it will be for them to then get TV in hands of customer. RCA is perfectly satisfied that their brand new TV breaking down and then taking 30 plus days to replace their warrantied TV. Their customer service process focuses on their needs, their process and customers needs are not at all a priority.

I purchased an RCA Business Phone. The phone was defaulted due to a cord and headset piece being completely broken. My customers can't hear me on the phone but I can hear them. Not a great way for me to conduct business. I called for a replacement which led me to having to call about 6 times. Once I finally jumped through all of their hoops and was going to get my replacement, my request was denied. Most of the customer service representatives need more training on how to talk to customers especially when they have a faulty product.

I have had to spend way too many hours on this issue and RCA still won't assist me. They didn't even apologize for their product being faulty. I don't think they stand by their product or customer satisfaction. Upgrading my phone system was supposed to be a good thing for my business and employees but thanks to RCA has been nothing but headaches. I am extremely disappointed that I purchased their phones instead of supporting another company who probably wouldn't have put me through this.

I bought my first RCA TV and a year later the back panel burnt out. I got a new one thinking it would not happen again and yet again it happens. Badly, it was 4 months into getting the television. The panel was burnt out and there was a pixel on the television. I wait several weeks on a replacement and the TV was very destroyed. I mean to the top I will never refer this company to anyone ever...

Purchased 2 tablets, after 6 months one would not charge. I was told to send it in for service. I got it back 6 weeks later and it lasted 3 months then would not start up. A replacement was sent to me and I returned the non working one. After 5 months, the replacement stopped working and again was sent a replacement. Upon receiving this one, the charger stopped working the next day and now it's been 7 months and the tablet rest itself and everything on it was lost. Signed back on and all services are getting errors. Did a factory reset and now tablet will not start. These tablets are such garbage that Wal-Mart doesn't even carry them anymore and RCA should not even make them because it's obvious they don't know what they're doing.

I purchased an RCA tablet in January 2016 and for some reason it stopped turning on at the end of March (no scratches, smudges, etc.). I sent my tablet in for repair via USPS priority mail April 5th and it was received and signed for at their Lockport, NY warehouse 2 days later. The representative that emailed me never stated that once my tablet was received in NY it would then be shipped to RCA's international warehouse. I had to send several emails to finally be told that information.

After waiting the entire month of May, I emailed RCA AGAIN to see what the status of my tablet was and was told my tablet is in the warehouse and it has been repaired for a cracked screen. She also sent payment information ($30) to me for the replacement cost. I emailed the representative back and explained my tablet was sent in because it wouldn't power on. She then stated to me if my tablet got damaged during transit to them, it is the customer's responsibility. I asked for a supervisor to contact me. Needless to say no one but the same representative emailed me back. No more RCA products for us.

Purchased 1 7 inch RCA 7 Voyager for my 9 yr old son and the incompetent device stopped working 3 weeks later. It no longer will charge which means that it will not stay on. I am calling customer NO service and hopefully will have remedy. Purchased at Wal-Mart's with a 2 yr warranty. From previous post it looks like I will receive no justice but we will see.

My experience with this device was had so many defaults. Every time you would be in the middle of a game it would knock you off. You would set the wallpaper and it would change, and whatever you was playing would just stop, and it would just start doing its own thing. I think that since I gave it two tries I should be given some kind of reterution for even given it a third chance.

I have tried contacting someone to answer my question of the status of our refund check with no luck of anyone calling me back. I have left numerous messages. We sent our tv back months ago (Oct.2015) because the screen went out and they said the check was sent out in December (2015). We NEVER received this check but that they would check the status and get back to us. They have not called back. So now we are out the T.V. that they were originally supposed to repair. I am getting a bit upset and am pretty sure they are avoiding us on purpose. Don't believe this company and don't buy an RCA product.

We bought the ten-inch tablet for our son. In less than a month it wasn't charging, and would not hold a charge on the off chance that it did charge. If we found it was charged and unplugged it, ten minutes later it was out of power. I bought it through Wal-Mart's, with the two-year warranty. When I took it back to Wal-Mart's, they told me I was two days past their return policy (15 days). So I went home and called customer service. First "Lisa" (strange name for someone with a very strong Indian accent) told me that I needed to find something with a similar sized charge cord and try using that. When I told her I was unwilling to void my warranty by using a cord that did not go to my tablet, she directed me to a website called RCA repair your tablet. Again, I told her that I was not fixing my own tablet, that I was not an idiot, and that I knew once I started "working" on my own tablet, she informed me that she couldn't help me if I was "going to be difficult".

I asked to speak to her manager. At first, she told me she didn't have one. I asked her for her name and desk reference number. She told me her name was "Lisa" but that her last name was "personal" and that she didn't have a desk reference number. I again asked to speak to her supervisor, she told me she could take down my number and he would call me in an hour. It's been three hours, just as I suspected, I didn't get a phone call. I have to wonder why I bought a warranty! What a joke. Wal-Mart told me that it was RCA's problem. RCA told me that it was Wal-Mart's problem. So essentially I wasted one hundred and seventy dollars. Thanks RCA for your bull spit customer service, and thanks Wal-Mart's for selling me a service plan that you had NO INTENTIONS ON HONORING!!

RCA Company Profile