1.51/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

797 RCA Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 18, 2019

RCA has good tv no major problems but it may be because it's HD. But the remote for satellite doesn't operate the tv like it use to on the older sets so you have to use two remotes one for the tv and the other for satellite.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I got the dual screen portable DVD players from RCA for Christmas for my kids in the car. Within less than a month they stopped working. It would play for a minute or two then it would restart to the beginning. Tried to return it to Walmart but it was past their 45 day window. Called the SquareTrade warranty and they said it was still under manufacturer warranty. Called RCA and they started a claim and told me to send it to them. I sent it almost 2 months ago now with no return in sight. Every time I call they tell me another week or two. I am EXTREMELY upset and WILL NEVER buy an RCA product again. They are a horrible company with a horrible product.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: March 14, 2019

I just spoke with a customer service representative for RCA. It has been clearly stated to me that their technology department would no longer be able to assist with any products more than 5 years old. It's a simple changing of the input because I no longer have a remote control and universal remote will not pair with my RCA television. It's their product but they said that they are no longer able to assist because the product is too old.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Best picture ever. TV is 6 years old and still operates like new. RCA is a brand you can trust. TV was super easy to mount and set up. Will buy again. Our tv setup uses a soundbar. Wonderful sound and best picture ever!!

Original review: March 7, 2019

Purchased a NEW tv, it lasted 8 months. Sent it back for repair. They replaced the power board. It failed in three months! But the time I got it back and it failed it was out of warranty. Junked it in recycling bin! Worst tv ever owned!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RCA?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Just like others, my 5 month old RCA 55" Ultra 4k HD TV from Walmart just stopped working. The power light goes on and off, buts that's it. I live on Maui and after reading the problems others have had getting their TVs repaired, I figured it's just not worth it. Buyer be aware. This is not the reputable RCA of the past. DO NOT BUY.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

We purchased a 50” TV 4K for my aunt and uncle in May 2018 from Best Buy. The screen was great and the picture was beautiful. After 3 weeks the screen started turning black although the sound was still there. We had a hard time getting hold of customer service, who doesn’t give any information but it’s like the contact point between you and the company. When we finally got a reply from customer service, someone had to squeeze the time to take the TV back to them to get it fixed as my aunt and uncle are seniors and they don’t drive. The company had fixed the TV twice and the problem is worse and not any better. I recommend to never buy this brand ever.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Purchased an RCA TV and within a month...yes, a month...our TV started flashing colors (no picture, just colors). You can’t start watching a show without losing the picture within 2 minutes. I went online to try and find diy fixes...nothing worked. Contacted RCA (still under manufacturers warranty) and they require you to do so much stuff before they will even consider what action to take. Still waiting. I will NEVER buy RCA again! Biggest waste of money and time!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I got a $400 RCA 58 inch flat screen TV (rh0s581sm) from Superstore. Three months after buying it the screen goes on the bum, it's so messed up that it's basically useless. Going through the warranty claim process is a totally waste of time and mental sanity, as they demand all kind of info, photos, etc and then they stop communication. I spent hours on phone trying to talk with an agent and all they do is they kick you around until you give up. They say there's physical damage and IT IS NOT! It’s just pointless and useless. WARNING - DO NOT BUY RCA. Their products are pure and unadulterated crap and their customer service sucks big time.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

First time I had ever bought an RCA tv and believe me I’d never buy another RCA product, 4 months after buying my tv and it goes on the bum, the screen is so messed up that you can’t even watch it, trying to get RCA to fix it even though it’s only a 4 month old tv. It’s so pointless and useless, they just give you a hard time, demand all this ** like pictures videos etc... All information you’ve already provided and they don’t even take the time to call you. They sit behind a computer and email you! WARNING - Do not buy RCA. Their products are garbage and their customer service skills suck.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I purchased this tablet for my youngest daughter for Christmas, she's literally used it for less than a month. It has a gigantic foam case and screen protector. I was only able to purchase it with a gift card I'd received from a class that promotes self-sufficiency for impoverished people. She has used this tablet less than 20 times and was home sick from kindergarten today when she sat it down on the coffee table. She covered up with her blanket and picked it up only to see FOUR HUGE CRACKS running vertically from the bottom towards the top. The screen immediately failed to work in any way, shape, or form. I still have her other tablet (that shattered when her sister tackled her; enough to slice your fingers) and the screen still works on that one.

I went and found the RCA box with proof of purchase and the warranty information to call and try to stem the flood of tears by getting it repaired or replaced. I went through 4 different representatives with varying and indecipherable heavy accents, 2 of which were supposedly supervisors, all who told me that cracked screens are not covered by warranty and that I needed to pay shipping and a screen repair fee to the company so they could fix it. Well honestly, I don't care if the screen's cracked! I care if the screen works! That's not a cracked screen issue, that's a functionality issue. Every other device I have has a cracked screen, and they all work just fine. I happen to be typing this on a cracked phone screen, for heaven's sake!

I called back to ask about their refund or return policy. They don't have one. Literally don't have one. So I asked the guy: "If it's past the 30 day policy Walmart has, then there's nothing I can do to return it?" He said, "Yeah pretty much." I was profane and hung up. I left them an email detailing the fact that I nor any of my friends and family will buy from them ever again and that I would do my civic duty to make sure others were never conned into buying anything RCA ever again. Do yourself a favor, don't bother buying a product from a company that outsources their customer service to a conglomerate whose main function is to provide heavily accented sheep who pretend to care on the other side of the phone.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I am 64 yrs. old. I grew up with RCA and always trusted it... I got a small inheritance a couple years back and the biggest part of it, went to getting myself a big screen tv. I was happy to find an RCA because I always trusted you. I spent $ 650.00 for it and was so pleased and now it doesn't even turn on. Sometimes I can get voices but no picture at all... I am on Social Security and don't have the money or inclination to replace a $650 tv every 2 years... I have been so upset about it all. Today, I go to my son's house and his RCA 50 in. big screen is doing the same thing... His tv just comes on in Spanish. What is wrong with you. Do you not even value your customers anymore? You make poor quality products which you charge a mint for and then set it to break.

Normally I would at least think of it as some fluke but for the same thing to happen to my son's tv too, shows horrible craftsmanship and I will never buy a product of yours again along with telling everyone I know about your SORRY company... If all you want to do is sell low quality TVs and other products, PLEASE GET OUT OF THE BUSINESS!!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

The power to the device stopped working. We could reproduce the problem yet after 3 times sending it to RCA for repair they could never fix it. They'd say, "We can't find anything wrong," even though it wouldn't work at all. After months of mailing it and waiting we gave up even though it was under warranty and bought another brand. Do yourself a big favor and don't purchase any RCA products because if you have trouble with them, you're out of luck.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Purchased a 55 inch RCA Roku smart TV from Walmart.com on Aug 2018. Picture started flickering continuously about Dec 1st. Just over 90 Day Wal-Mart return policy. Still under RCA 1 year warranty. No help from RCA getting it repaired or replaced. Never thought a new TV would fail in such short order but it did. I can’t believe Walmart would still partner with a company that doesn’t stand behind its warranty. They spend more time with excuses and demands that you decide it’s not worth it. The only reason I went with RCA is they once were a leader in the TV world. Obviously those days are long gone. Don’t be suckered in by their low prices, it’s not worth it.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Have two RCA tv. Both have stopped working. One red line down middle. The other sound has gone and pixelated bad. Have only had them for about two years but hardly ever used both in spare bedrooms... Not worth repairing... DON'T BUY RCA.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

After 5 months of buying this tv for $800 (65 inch 4K), there is no picture, only sound. I have warranty (Curtis International), but after reading so many negative things about the TV and the hoops to jump through with the warranty company, I am going to junk it. If you ask why I don't want to go through the process of warranty, I'll tell you. I am a senior citizen, life is getting a lot shorter and I have no time to deal with scammers. I will have to take the loss. DO NOT BUY RCA. You will be sorry... And that is a guarantee by me! There should be a class action lawsuit against them!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I have bought 4 in all of these RCA tablets. First one lasted 3 months. Second lasted 2 weeks and returned it. Got another. It lasted long as warranted did and last one lasted 6 months and now it will not work.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

We purchased a 55” TV from Walmart. It didn’t even last 3 months before it began constantly blinking on and off. Contacted the supposed Customer Service department numerously! We were told to take 6 pictures from the back of the tv so they could see what’s wrong. We did this 4 TIMES. 4 Times and almost 2 1/2 months later they said to bring it to their technician —— so we did. Now—3 MONTHS LATER this is so maddening - he says he list our phone number every single time and that they were sending him a new motherboard. Are you kidding me? NEVER EVER BUY AN RCA ANYTHING.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Experience sucked. This company is not helpful at all. I have tried being very patient trying to contact them in order to return a damaged item and I was kept on hold for 42 minutes until I just gave up and sent a message on their website instead and still have gotten no response. How busy are you guys?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

We will never purchase another RCA flatscreen ever again. We purchased a 55” led and a 40” something flat screen led. The 40” out of the blue got some weird blue, red screen. And around the same time the 55” won’t turn on. Occasionally it decides to. But now nothing. Didn’t even get 3 years out of them! The smaller one was a basement tv so it rarely got used. The larger one always had these weird hard, crumb-like dust nodules on the back side which I googled to find that only RCA TVs do this and it's not a good thing.

I tried to contact RCA and was told a different company handles the televisions. Then I tried to contact that company and you can only send an email. No phone number!! I emailed and never heard back. RCA is aware of their junk they keep selling with no true warranty and no way to fix the solution. This company should no longer be in the television business and a class action should be brought against them. They are aware of the problem and they still choose to sell the same bad TVs.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Do not buy RCA TV's!!! They are junk and do not stand behind their product! 6 month old TV developed a blue line down center of screen, 2 months later won't turn on. RCA symbol flashes and TV stays black! Was a gift for Christmas so have no receipts. RCA has not replied to any of my emails! Sooo disappointed in this company! I, nor any of my family members, will ever buy RCA again. Not the company they used to be. BUYER BEWARE!!! I give -10 stars for this product and the company.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

We bought an RCA 953 Microwave, White through Amazon.ca through seller bigHUGE on May 15, 2018. It failed a few days after we received it. We attempted to get it serviced on the 12 month warranty that came with the purchase (stated in the manual) by calling the number provided: 1-800-968-9853. We received instructions from the call centre (callcenter@curtisint.com) on August 13, 2018 8:43 AM requesting that detailed information and pictures be mailed to customerservice@curtisint.com). This was completed and sent by e-mail on August 31 at 1:58 PM. We received no reply. We contacted RCA again telling the call centre that we had received no reply.

Eventually we were told that a response had been sent (which certainly was not received) and when we asked what the contents were we were informed that it said that because bigHUGE was the seller the warranty did not apply, and we should contact bigHUGE. They promised that the information would be re-sent to us. We received nothing. On contacting bigHUGE by telephone, they said they were a distributor only and we should contact RCA.

Again we contacted RCA (there is only one number for RCA: 1-800-968-9853) and were again promised that we would receive a response, that they would indicate that it was urgent but we received none. We attempted to get from the call centre a direct number for RCA or any other means of contacting RCA but they claimed they were just a call centre and could only pass on the request. This frustrating run-around appears to be designed to help RCA Canada avoid its contractual obligations as specified in the warranty that came with the product.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

RCA IS THE BEST! I have a 1900 RCA floor model television that I have owned for 24 yrs. I have NEVER had to replace anything on this TV. It is now sitting in my living room connected to DirecTV. My friends and family are amazed of how good this tv plays. They keep telling me that it is old fashioned and I should get rid of it and get an updated flat screen. I refuse. If you could see what great picture that it still projects, you would never buy any other brand but RCA. I will not get rid of it as long as it is working. It will always be my living room TV. Before you know it, it may be back in style. Thank you RCA for your excellence.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I've had no good experience trying to email RCA. No email address so I'm able to email them to see if I'm able to get the inverted backlight for the model I have... I've tried 4 different online place and none sell that part... so where am I suppose to get that part at?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

If I could I would give a -5 star for RCA televisions. I have purchased 2 - 24 inch TV/DVD combo units both spare televisions. Both lasted just over 1 year junk. Don’t waste your money on these. Although the box says 24 inch the television measures at 21 inches???

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I purchased this product on August 18, 2018 just three short weeks ago after replacing a previous model that I had purchased in June. Both players after a few weeks started skipping and restarting the movies over, I have cleaned the CDs, dusted the DVD player even though it's brand new and to no avail. It will not stop restarting the DVDs. Very frustrating as I am trying to keep a child entertained in the car. The item was expensive at $109 and to not get to use it for a month and now cannot return due to a 15 day return policy I am once again purchasing a new one but will not be RCA.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Bought a 55" TV for my father on his birthday Oct 2017 from Walmart.com. The picture went blank less than a year later. It was under warranty yet RCA/Curtis gave us a complete runaround. After many phone calls, emails etc, the last call today I was told by the call center that they never call anyone back and I have to wait for an email. We have been waiting for a month. Ridiculous. You think you are buying a quality product with a long history of great customer service and all it is is crap. I would say that Walmart.com should dump this product as should all retail companies. Don't buy RCA. The warranty is a scam. There is no warranty.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I bought an RCA 55" TV. After 2 months the screen started showing a pattern of colors. Green, red, blue, white and over again. So I called and like everyone else waited for an email. Got that and followed the instructions of emailing back the serial #, model #, and a picture of the issue. Waited weeks till I received another email. This one said I can either send the TV to them at my own cost, or I can take a hammer to my TV screen and smash it then take a pic and email it to them. Yes you read that right a hammer. Lol. So I called to make sure this wasn't a joke and it wasn't. I did smash the screen, took a pic then my husband took the TV to the dump, as I have children/pets that don't need to get into the glass etc. Well now RCA is telling me my picture was too dark & generic and they can't help me. I'm so pissed off and they won't even return my calls/emails now. Not sure what to do.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

TV was first used Dec 2017. In May of 2018 it would not turn on. Product has a 1 year warranty. I've called RCA 3 times for help: June 2018, July 2018, and Aug 2018. I was promised an email with a list of service centers near me, and instructions on how to get the TV fixed. The emails were never sent/received. RCA claims they cannot just tell me the instructions over the phone, that I must wait for the email, as they are a call center and not a customer service center. I imagine I also need a work order generated. Lots of run-around from this company. Will NEVER buy RCA again.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I have had my RCA 32* TV for about 3 years. Suddenly, will not turn on. I have to unplug and plug back in about 50 times before it will finally turn on. Pain in the butt, and I will never buy another RCA.

RCA Company Information