1.47/5

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Quit paying for costly home repairs

807 RCA Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 16, 2019

Nice and compact so doesn’t take up a lot of space. The programming is a little complicated so is hard to remember if not using certain programs on a regular basis. Overall is good value, wasn’t very expensive.

Original review: March 18, 2019

RCA has good tv no major problems but it may be because it's HD. But the remote for satellite doesn't operate the tv like it use to on the older sets so you have to use two remotes one for the tv and the other for satellite.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Best picture ever. TV is 6 years old and still operates like new. RCA is a brand you can trust. TV was super easy to mount and set up. Will buy again. Our tv setup uses a soundbar. Wonderful sound and best picture ever!!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

RCA IS THE BEST! I have a 1900 RCA floor model television that I have owned for 24 yrs. I have NEVER had to replace anything on this TV. It is now sitting in my living room connected to DirecTV. My friends and family are amazed of how good this tv plays. They keep telling me that it is old fashioned and I should get rid of it and get an updated flat screen. I refuse. If you could see what great picture that it still projects, you would never buy any other brand but RCA. I will not get rid of it as long as it is working. It will always be my living room TV. Before you know it, it may be back in style. Thank you RCA for your excellence.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I bought this Television from Walmart for my Son for Christmas. It lasted about 8 months and began glitching and flickering. I can't return it to WALMART because it's after 90 days. The RCA warranty process (Curtis International Ltd. - 7045 Beckett Drive, Unit 15 Mississauga - Ontario, L5S 2A3 - Canada) is careless and frustrating. I've followed all of their procedures, sent all pics and videos of the problems. Corresponded to all their requests - (their email response process is terribly slow tantamount to one email response a day).

To help expedite this process, and to clear up confusion and mistakes on THEIR part, I've had to make several phone calls, RESEND videos of problems and pictures of issues at their requests (they lost the first ones), and yet they still can't tell me where to take this POS television to be repaired. I can assure you that this IS, without question, the very last piece of RCA electronics I will ever purchase. It shouldn't take 15 days to resolve this issue. The "representatives" I speak with on the phone are apathetic and simply don't give a damn about you're problem. As of this writing, I STILL have not heard anything from them regarding the next "step" for this television. Buyer beware!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RCA?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

The USB is not working on my television. You might just as well talk to the wall as try to get any help to resolve the problem. There is no live person to talk to at service. They use the internet to respond when and if they feel like it. I have text them on numerous occasions with no response. POOR POOR POOR service. Save time and frustration. Buy anything but RCA.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

RCA TV model RTU6549. We had a RCA 61 inch big TV. We bought this TV in 1998. The picture was getting dark so I talked my husband into getting a like 55 inch flat screen TV. Since we had the older RCA tv so long with very few problems we decide the RCA was the way to go. We had this TV for 2 years. Turned it on one day. Had sound. Could hear it changing channels but no picture. Was told could be lights, board or a part to function the lights and the parts and fixing the TV would cost about the same as a new TV. These flat screen TV are not made to last and never again will I buy another RCA. If you are going to buy a flat screen please buy a few years warranty because you will need it, RCA TV aren’t what they use to be!

Original review: June 27, 2019

I bought 1st RCA TV in 2017. It stopped working and they sent me other one which stopped working in Dec 2018. I have been trying to get hold of RCA they are saying it's outside of warranty windows. So basically I was sent 2 RCA TV's and nothing works. Customer service is so rude and they don't guide you the next step at all.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I own an RCA TV model LED58G45RQ which has a wakeup setting which cannot be disabled. This TV wakes up every day and I've tried all suggested remedies found online for it without success. I contacted the only service center number (Curtis Int. in the US) I could find online. They would not help as the model is out of warranty and discontinued (big surprise). Their suggestion was to contact a local TV repair shop (sure, pay someone more than the TV is worth). There is no website to download manuals or firmware updates unlike Sony, Samsung, and other modern companies. At this point, I need to either live with the TV turning itself on every day or toss it. Stay away from RCA. Terrible service and support for their product.

Original review: June 1, 2019

We won this TV at a Church raffle. It was brand new when we won it in 2011-2012, 7 or 8 years ago. I can’t remember. We kept the TV as a extra in the new in the box until we opened it two years ago. When we opened it the white packing around the TV was saturated in a oily substance and it was all over the TV. We wiped it clean with paper towels and the oil wore away some of the printing on the TV. I set it downstairs after we got our basement finished in 2017 and we really didn’t use it, maybe once because we are using the basement as storage right now and the kids are two young.

Today 6-1-19, I wanted to hook up a blu ray player and when I moved the TV, my hand was covered with oil again from the top of the TV. When I turned the TV around, there is oil everywhere and areas that look like a white crystal substance in dry areas. Ewww. I called around and Poison Control told me to toss the brand new TV. Tried to call RCA and they have hours that conflict with my work schedule to call and people knowing my business at work. Not happy.

RCA Company Information