RCA

Compare TV Brands

Research top TV Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought this tv (32" Led TV Model RLDED3258A-E) in less than 2 years ago as a second tv. It was used very infrequently. After 19 months it wouldn't turn on. First, it took me quite a while to find out that Curtis International looks after this particular RCA tv. I returned to the store where I purchased it and was told this tv is one of the most returned and that I should have read reviews. I did not get the extended warranty for 2 years. I sent an email to Curtis explaining situation and was told that as a courtesy they would possibly cover the cost of the parts but I would have to take it to a dealer for an estimate. I called an authorized dealer and would told the estimate costs $50.00 plus HST and there is a minimum $150.00 tv repair charge thereafter. I bought tv for $248.00 total. I then took tv to a shop and it cost me $70.00 for part and repairs. So before you buy look at reviews. If you decide to buy this particular tv get the extended warranty.

I bought this 45" LCD HD 1080p television at K-mart's 6 years ago for $250. It has held a fabulous high def quality picture since day 1. It has all the audio/game & more ports on the back of it. The swivel base makes it easy to adjust the screen position if I'm in a different area of the room and can't see the screen. Very easy to hook up to a Roku and the internet through a wireless router which is what I use. It's also very decently weighted to move around if you chose to. Power saving mode is also nice in the event you fall asleep or forget to turn it off. Overall I am very pleased with this television.

For the price I believe I got a great deal on a very good product. Easy set-up and easy connect to cable. Really like the options on my RCA tv set. I would buy another one. I have, and will continue, to recommend this product.

I've had my RCA t.v. since 1997, purchased at a pawn shop and it has NEVER given me ANY trouble whatsoever in any way. Because of the sterling performance of the RCA brand, I'd gladly continue buying this product.

I love my RCA tv because it's a smart. I have Netflix and YouTube right in front of me without having to get on my computer. 65in HD screen is perfect for my football games. I've had it for over a year and have no issues with it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RCA?

We contacted RCA for warranty on our TV. They said to send it in by FedEx to their repair shop in Winnipeg. They stated it would take 4-8 business DAYS to look at the TV and contact us with their findings. After I sent emails and made phone calls we finally got an answer and now it is 6 WEEKS later and we still do not have our TV back. Very frustrating experience. Also to find info online about RCA is very limited.

I want to contact BBB as well. Can't believe how they promise a short turn around and then once they have the unit they have no urgency to contact us and let us know what is going on. Very unprofessional. I shouldn't have to be the one to call and email and wait and wait. The customer service should be truthful in the time they tell customers. We have purchased other RCA products and have been happy with them. However we have not had to use warranty and now will not be purchasing anything else from RCA in the future.

I have purchased 4 RCA digital converter boxes and they have all had the same issue! The sound continually cuts off!!! I did not purchase the RCA boxes by choice but because they were the only boxes available. I cannot be the only consumer that has experienced this defect/issue!

I haven't been able to get through to customer service for months. Then when I final got a hold of them they hung up in my face after waiting on hold for about 15 minutes. I was not rude or disrespectful to deserve this treatment. I just called an alternate # that they gave me while trying to call the correct # for RCA tablets. So very unprofessional & hurtful. I'm just try to get my daughter's RCA tablet working for her to do school work & to have some fun. I think that after waiting while it didn't work for the past few months the least they can do is make it possible to get in contact with so that I can troubleshoot the issue. She had one before this that was also poorly made & broke on her after a few weeks.

They are a waste of money & most importantly TIME. I will never purchase another product (no matter what kind, appliances, tv's, or computer products.) I will stay away from this brand for the rest of my life & don't suggest it to anyone. They take your money & after that I cannot contact them, I have been hung up on & haven't had a working device from them for the past year as the tablets have laid not working on a shelf instead of being a source of research & fun for my child. I have never been so disappointed in a product. I wish that someone would have taken the time to inform me of how terrible their service is & how terrible the product works. Took my money & hung up on me the minute I actually found a human being to speak to.

I have been trying since October 2016 to get the soundboard replaced on my RCA Smart TV, with DVD player, that I purchased from Walmart. A tech came out the first part of November and ordered a board because I had no sound. Beautiful picture, but no sound. Sears is doing the warranty work according to RCA, but they aren't. I have had three canceled appointments because the part is constantly on back order. One time it was sent to New Hampshire. I live in Houston! I just called again because the part was supposed to be in on 1/16. It is not. I am 73 years old and have not had a tv since the beginning of October. I don't know what to do next. I paid for 4 years of extended warranty and that is no good unless the warranty is out. I was told that it would be valid as long as I needed the part. Calling customer service for RCA is just a waste of time. I am about to write my State Attorney General to see if there is something they can do.

RCA USED to be a very reliable and higher end manufacturer, what happened? It's been months since my TV stopped working under warranty. It took 2 weeks to get the at home diagnosis since they deemed it unrepairable. It's been nothing but a ghost chase. Frustrating experience!! After several weeks of waiting for further contact from RCA after our TV (receipt attached) was deemed unrepairable, we've been directed to you for a refund or replacement.

This TV was costly & was bought recently, it was diagnosed as unrepairable by the technician that was sent out (receipt attached). We were told that the warranty would be honored with a replacement TV or a refund within (2) weeks. That was now several weeks ago. We've been waiting a long time & this is the first (and hopefully last) attempt to email you these receipts that RCA should have. Not a happy customer here. Before we publish our reviews on this company, please respond & we'll do our best to work with you to resolve this issue in a timely manner. Thank you.

Purchased RCA LED55G55R120Q Series Ultra HDTV on August 11th, 2016, it arrived August 17th and I was allowed to open the box on September 5th. (It was a gift.) On December 6th my TV developed a line in the screen about 1 inch thick that was very pixelated and yellow and green. Called and set up a service call. December 27th the service tech told us the television could not be repaired and would be replaced. I was told I would hear from them in 3 to 5 business days. It's been almost a month. I have sent emails and get no response and the number they give you to call only tells you that representatives are busy and to send an email. This is crazy and I am tired of it. It is not hard to see why ACTIVEON/RCA has a big fat "F" with BBB.

I bought a brand new RCA Tablet Pro-12 from Wal-Mart in Pittsburg, California on Christmas Eve. The volume stopped working before a week. I took the tablet back to Wal-Mart in what I thought was a reasonable amount of time - 2 weeks, and to my surprise, I WAS TOO LATE!!! I had to bring it back within 15 days!!! So I figured I would surely be covered by the Manufacturer's Warranty, and I cannot even get a live person at RCA!!! It is all done through emails back and forth, and they are not even replacing my brand new product. I have to be inconvenienced by mailing it back, and RCA doesn't even replaced it. THEY REFURBISH IT!!! I BOUGHT THIS BRAND NEW, not to mention this Pro-12 stopped functioning properly within days of purchase. Stay away from the Pro-12!!!

RCA 40" TV under warranty, had it checked, by Sears Service, who indicated I would be hearing from RCA regarding Replacement. Well this was 3 months ago. I get nothing from RCA/ACTIVEON. Won't answer calls, emails. Absolutely the worst! Have tried other "RCA" service centers, and even the warranty repair service.... All I get is the "call Activeon using the number provided" which is a black hole.

I purchased this TV online from Kmart in August 2016. TV has been inoperable since I received it. Have tried to call the # given... No answer of course. Tried the Activeon email address, a guy named Richard responded once and told me to contact Kmart. Blah, Blah... So I'm stuck with a TV that I can't use, but my $$ was taken. Absolutely, horrible!!! LESSONED LEARN. IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, THEN IT IS!! The manufacturer warranty will be null and void because of their negligence. Not responding. I WANT A NEW TV OR MY $$$ BACK THAT'S ALL!!

I put 1 star because they made me but you don't even deserve that. On the phone all day with RCA KMART the place where I bought the tv. This has been ongoing for too long with no help other than the company wanting to charge me for repair cost that are more than the tv for what they told me was a manufacturer defect. I am pretty upset to say that a few months after buying a 55" RCA TV the picture started to go. I called to complain they transferred me to another person who gave me another number to call. The number was just an answering service that says they will contact you after 2 days if you email them. But doesn't let you leave a message. Now my screen has gone completely black. I have spent the past 4 hours on the phone being transferred back and forth and to no avail they transferred me to the infamous voicemail answering service with the same message.

I bought 32 in RCA TV in Walmart online in July 2016 for my granddaughter's birthday. In Nov. 24 2016 when his father open the TV and connected the tv do not work. I call Walmart because I get 3 year warranty but they said the tv is on RCA warranty the first year before the extended warranty start to work. OK. I call RCA and they send to my house a shipping label by FedEx. After 15 days I call RCA and they give me a phone to call **. That was the beginning of my night with the hell. They never answer. I call more than 50 time. I sent Email to customerservice@activeon.com more than 10 time and they never send me an e-mail. Please I need help, somebody call me. I pay $229.00 for that TV. Serial #5510-LK32G45-A00106.

Bought my kids some of the Viking tablets for Christmas one year, within a month 2 quit working (one wouldn't finish loading and the other wouldn't boot up). First it was fine, they sent me replacements and I sent the defective ones back. Month later, one that was returned quit working, and again they sent me a replacement. Fast forward 3 months and my daughter breaks hers so I pay for a new one and once again, 1 week after getting it (BRAND NEW) tablet quits booting up.

Contact support, but now they decide sending replacements isn't feasible, so I've spent the last 4 months arguing with these morons about how I don't think it's fair for me to spend $15-20 on insured postage to make sure it gets back to them. Don't buy anything RCA, you can get better quality products by sneezing into a pile of dog ** and sprinkling glitter on it. That way when you yell at the pile of sparkly **, it'll give you a more profound answer than the imbeciles RCA employs (hence the slew of 1 star ratings on here).

My 48 inch RCA Television was purchased in February 2016. In early October 2016 the picture went out but there was still sound. After contacting RCA, they sent a repairman to my house on October 31 to just tell me that he would need to order a part that would most likely not fix the problem. On November 11 he returned to replace the part and of course it didn't work. The repair man told me someone would be in contact with me in 14-20 business days for a replacement. I waited and waited. No one contacted me. After reaching out to RCA again, they gave me the number to Activeon, the company that handles the replacements, which they told me I was approved for. The number they gave me goes immediately after one to a recording that all representatives are busy with other customers and to email them and someone would reply in 2 business days.

A man named Richard ** replied to my first email stating he was new to the department, wanted claim information, and he would be in touch soon. It is now 2 weeks before Christmas and not one person has even given me a status update regarding my replacement. A representative from RCA told me, "In reality, it takes about 2 months to get your replacement." Seriously? I have sent email, after email, yet no one is interested in contacting me and there is no way to get a hold of anyone. I will so buy the warranty at the store next time. As for purchasing another RCA product... NEVER AGAIN!

I am furious at RCA at this time! I purchased a RCA 58 Inch Smart HDTV in April 2016. In July 2016 the tv was no longer working. So after several attempts to fix it, the repair person concluded it was not repairable. A couple of weeks later I was sent a replacement tv which I wasn't very pleased about because it was refurbished. In October 2016 the refurbished replacement tv was no longer working. After calling the phone number that was given to me by RCA customer service (Activeon) regarding the broken replacement, I was never able to get an answer. Only the message "All of our associates are currently assisting other customers. Please try again later or leave us an email at customerservice@activon.com, and we will get back to you within two business days. Thank you for your patience."

I sent an email regarding my problem. Someone by the name of Jeff did respond claiming "he would be happy to give me a refund, if I send him proof of purchase". So, the same day I sent the proof of purchase but I never heard from him again. Since then I have sent more emails but I never get a response. I do not want another tv from RCA at this point! I WANT A REFUND! Because clearly the product is no good. Someone needs to contact me ASAP! This experience has been a nightmare. Sincerely, Dissatisfied Customer.

Never experienced such bad customer service until I tried to get my RCA TV fixed under warranty. I've included details below of a timeline but basically once the repair company (A&E Factory Services) confirms the TV cannot be repaired they give you a number that is always a machine and they never reply to your email. Sounds like this is par for the course from what I'm seeing here.

9/17/2016, called 1-888-977-6722 to report issue with TV (this is actually A&E Factory Services but they answer the phone as ONCORP). 10/3/2016, repairman inspected TV, confirmed issue, ordered part. 11/17/2016, after several calls with repair company, was informed 11/17 that part was no longer available and told to contact 858-798-3300. 11/17/2016, called 858-798-3300 (Activeon) and told to email customerservice@activeon.com. 11/17/2016, emailed with details. 11/22, today, called multiple times, never a person answering. Either told to call during normal business hours or told to email them and they will respond in 2 business days. Today, fed-up.

I bought two RCA Viking Pro tablets, one for me and one for my daughter, and both worked great. One got stepped on when it was carelessly left out and the screen cracked. That's on me. So, I contacted support and was more than happy to pay the fee to have it repaired since it was my fault, along with the usual shipping insurance. I thought everything was going great and I was getting it repaired at less than the cost to buy a new one, but then I got my package, and guess what... I immediately noticed that the screen is distorted and has red and blue wavy lines all over it. And not only that, the screen is cracked. The very thing I sent it to be repaired for! It's a different tablet so obviously they replaced it, but this one is worse than the one I sent to them.

Again, I contacted support and was told to send it to them AGAIN to be repaired along with another fee and the exact same process I went through before. I paid my fee. They should refund it or send me another tablet that isn't more damaged but I fear they'll send me back a box full of random parts this time. I complained to customer service one last time but I'm not expecting a satisfactory answer. I'm just going to recycle this piece of trash because it will cost more than I paid for the tablet to fix. And I am NEVER buying from this company again.

I have got a Voyager PRO with keyboard case few months back and it worked for the first month and then it quit. It wouldn't. It acts like it takes to charge and then it's not taking a charge. It won't turn on. You can't reset it and nothing. And when you contact RCA they want you to pay to send it to him when it was under warranty and for you to make sure that it was in bubble wrapped in a certain type of box and everything. Why aren't they sending the stuff if it's under warranty. They should be paying for whatever it needs to get there to fix it or replace it and send it back. This isn't right.

Bought 2 RCA Voyager tablets for Christmas last year. Having charging issues with both. Went to Walmart and was informed that the particular model I bought has been discontinued due to a charging problem... Was told to call RCA. Have not been able to speak with anyone in customer service. Am probably out $$'s and most likely will not get product replacement.

On June 24th of 2015 my wife gave me a 46 inch RCA led tv for my birthday on June 25. TV was great for about the first 7 or 8 months. Then when the tv was turned on, all we would get was sound but not picture. Just a black screen but would eventually give a picture if you turned the tv on and off a couple of times. Finally it stopped working altogether. Called the number for warranty which is a nightmare in itself. Finally got the go ahead to take tv repair shop. Took about 3 weeks before we got tv back. Had to order parts. Working fine again. In August, tv started doing the same thing again. Called back to warranty. NO WARRANTY LEFT, expired June 24/16. $220.00 repair on a 14 month old tv. Told repair shop to keep it. RCA... really crappy appliance. Thanks.

My experience with RCA has been very bad because I bought a 60 inch TV From Kmart and RCA does not want to replace it. I was wiping my TV and I lost the picture. Now this happened two months ago and I have tried to get a hold of someone to replace my TV at RCA and I can't get a hold of anyone. Yes I called the tech first and they ordered parts and came back and said it couldn't be fixed and they were going to email RCA. Nothing ever came from that and now I'm stuck with a TV that don't work.

Much like Jeff a few posts ago, I purchased a 48" RCA HD TV from Walmart for my mother, my purchase being in February. Five months later, it quit working. July 18, I called RCA, and they agreed it was under warranty, and would send someone out August 2 (2 weeks for a service call). The technician came and worked on it, telling my mother that it had a defective panel and would need replacing. He said that his company would send that in to warranty the next day, and we should hear something from them on the replacement in about a week.

A couple of weeks later, my mother tries calling the phone line he gave her for the RCA support, since she has not heard from them. The phone picks up with, "All of our associates are currently assisting other customers. Please try again later or leave us an email at customerservice@activeon.com, and we will get back to you within one business day. Thank you for your patience." My mother waits a couple of hours, and gets the same message. She tries first thing in the morning (their hours), and gets the same message.

Being an almost 80-year old woman who cannot learn e-mail, she turns it over to me. I tried several times to call, and got the exact same message, so I sent them an e-mail to customersupport@activeon.com on August 25, going off the promise in their recorded message that they would get back to me in a day. Guess what? Nope.

At this point, RCA says that they do not do any service or warranty on the tv, that I have to go thru ActiveOn. ActiveOn doesn't answer phone calls or e-mails. We are now 42 days from the phone call to start the warranty service, and can get absolutely no information from anyone. If RCA is not going to be a part of RCA television customer service, they need to take their logo off of that product. If they are going to continue to make money off letting others use the logo and name, then they need to support the customers who have bought strictly based on that name.

I purchased the RCA 32 inch TV with DVD component from Walmart. The DVD NEVER worked and there is a DVD stuck in the TV. I have tried every method to remove it but without success. This is the first TV with DVD that I have ever owned without a reject button on the TV or the remote. Walmart does not carry this item anymore and I can see why. Unfortunately I did not read the reviews before I bought this piece of worthless garbage.

This is the second time in 3 years that my son has received this same tablet as a gift. The first one we got rid of because it quit charging. At the time I thought it was something my son did wrong and somehow messed up the tablet. Just got another for his birthday this week. He was able to play on it for two days and I went to plug it in to charge and noticed that it kept popping back and forth between charging to saying please connect to charger and on top of that it was making weird popping noises and had lines running all over the screen as long as the tablet was plugged into the charger... Never again will I buy a product from this company... Wish my mother's husband would have read these reviews before buying this for my son. He is so disappointed... Two days of use and now all these problems... Would be the interested in learning more about your class action suit Justin from California...

RCA Tablet RCT6203W46 - I had purchased this tablet last year. Short time after that the keyboard just stopped working and now the WIFI won't connect at all. I did a factory reset and that did nothing but erase all my data.

RCA 48" HD TELEVISION purchased online thru Walmart in January 2016. TV went to black screen June 2016. Called customer service. Man on phone verified that it was under warranty. Based on info given said it sounded like symptoms that almost always require a new TV for replacement. Technician cannot come for 8 days. Technician comes and says he is certain that the TV will need replacement, but has to order parts that RCA insists on. Goes through this all the time and parts fix problem 1 out of every 20-25 times. Schedule return to try parts 11 days later.

Comes, tries parts. As predicted do not fix problem. Says we will get new TV. RCA however needs 4-5 business days to call customer for making this happen..

Has no idea how long it will be for them to then get TV in hands of customer. RCA is perfectly satisfied that their brand new TV breaking down and then taking 30 plus days to replace their warrantied TV. Their customer service process focuses on their needs, their process and customers needs are not at all a priority.

RCA Company Profile