1.56/5
Based on 383 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

761 RCA Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 13, 2018

I have always used this excellent brand of TV. The screen size is excellent in the bigger sizes. I never have had any problems with the brand whereas with another brand, I had an issue with the screen going black from top to bottom or vice versa.

Original review: May 10, 2018

RCA TV is fairly decent. The only issue I have is that sometimes the volume just stops working for a min or 2 then comes back on. Oh and it's real slow turning on.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2018

The screen is burning out after only having it for 2 years. The TV was a bargain when I bought it, but I thought it would last longer than it has. I realize I probably should of research it a bit better than I did. The frame of the TV is black, however it has a sticky film on it, which has made it really hard to remove.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Am reviewing the TV because I feel it's underrated. I see a lot of negative reviews. I purchased this TV on sale at ShopRite because it was relatively cheap and 55"... my old TV was dead and needed a new one. Spectrum came and checked it out, said it was fine. Picture excellent, sound a little below par but on the whole a very good TV and I'm sorry to see so many people don't like it. Not as many features as a high end higher tech model perhaps, but good enough for me! I don't need something that blasts loud anyhow. The technician who came to my house explained the sound issues and made adjustments. This TV is fine for anyone who wants something updated but doesn't need all the newer smarter features, who has time for that anyhow...

Original review: March 29, 2018

I turned on my TV, heard a loud pop sound. Turn my TV off and then back on when I notice lines going across and through the top of my TV and also notice it had a impact crack inside the screen. Called RCA and was told they will see what they can do as my TV is only a yr old.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RCA?

Original review: March 14, 2018

I have a 500W DVD/surround sound. The unit went crazy and was still under warranty. I sent it in and it was sent back "FIXED LOL" and was in worse shape than when I sent it in. They asked for it back in 12/17 and today I still don't have it 3/13/18. They say it's been shipped but nothing. RCA products have went downhill since the 90's. Nobody will contact me back with the truth. I exchanged it a week after I originally bought it because wouldn't play DVD then the other issues came up and sent it in.

Original review: March 9, 2018

My son was watching tv, heard a loud pop sound. He called me. We unplugged tv. As we waiting about 20 min plugged back in the tv. Had lines going across and a impact crack inside screen. Took tv to Kmart. Was told call RCA, but was told tv is 3 years old so no accommodation. Very upset. Will never buy LCD again.

Original review: March 2, 2018

My space is small with room for only a 32" tv. This fit the bill for 2 reasons, 1 size wise, and 2 it had a built-in DVD player. Bought on 2009, the tv works great, however, the DVD player doesn't always work. Have tried to clean heads to no avail. So, I'm never sure if I'm going to be able to watch a DVD movie or not. Lately, not. Having had this same problem with another multi-purpose appliance. I will only buy single one from now on.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

My TV 3 years old a year ago it would just turn off sometimes, so I looked it up and did the reset. Worked the first time, when it happened again. Didn't work so I left it unplugged for days. One I just plugged in and it worked. About 2 months ago it turned off again. I tried everything. Nothing worked this time. When you look it up it's known problem that RCA knows about. I'm guessing just a way to get you to buy a new TV. The TV otherwise is great pic, sound. Just this bs of turning off.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

There should be a negative star option because this company is absolutely horrible. I bought a 50 RCA TV model RT5030 in August 2018. Four months later it stopped working. The tv would turn on but there was absolutely no picture (pretty sure a backlight went on it), anyway. RCA has a year warranty on their products with the receipt, which I unfortunately lost. I called RCA customer service anyway the day it happened and they told me they wouldn't even speak to me without a receipt. So I went to the store I bought it from about a week later and got them to look up the receipt and reprint it for me.

I called RCA back that day at about 11am and they took my information and told me someone would call me back that same day, by about 8pm no one had called me back, so I called again. The lady who picked up the phone told me that whoever told me that was wrong to do so because they don't call customers back. So again I had to give her all my information and she said that the head office would email me within 48 hours.

Well 48 hours go past and no email. So I called for a fourth time. The person who answered this time was incredibly rude. Told me an email was sent. I explained that I haven't received it and she continued to tell me that it's been sent so there's nothing she can do. After several minutes of telling the lady I haven't gotten it I finally ask how they spelled my email (even though I told the lady who asked for it how to spell it three different times) and they had it spelled completely wrong. So she sends out another email. 48 hours go by and I actually get the email this time. So I do as the instructions as said in the email and email them back.

A week goes by and nothing. I call again. All they can tell me is that it's in high priority and I should hear from someone soon. Another week goes by. So again, I called them. And they tell me the same thing. I've been dealing with this company for approximately a month and a half now trying to get my tv fixed or something and they will not give me any answers. Their products suck, and their customer service sucks even more. Never will I ever buy anything from RCA again. I've never experienced anything like this before and have absolutely nothing good to say about them.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I bought a 49 inch on Black Friday. On Christmas eve watched tv in the morning and it was fine. Tried turning it on that evening and only the sound works. Called RCA for authorization to exchange the tv at Leon's (as per Leon's policy), the rep told me to go to Leon's to exchange the tv as no authorization was required. When to Leon's and they told me they couldn't exchange without authorization. Leon's then called RCA who told them the authorization will take between 24 to 48 hours. I've been emailed by RCA who has now told me I have to drive to their service centre to have the tv evaluated! This company is terrible. They don't know what they are doing and have no consideration for their customers. They should stand by their products.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

This TV (RCA TV RLDED3258A-E) is only a couple of years old. The power supply has failed and I'm told this is a known issue. There are YouTube videos about this exact problem. RCA says sorry, out of warranty. They know it's their fault but won't correct it. This is what "Made in America" means... Junk, just like the vehicles that always rate at the bottom in the Consumer Reports. Of course I can't find the receipt, but even so RCA can tell by the serial when it was made. Buy from Japan... Better products.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Call numerous of times. Was on hold for more than 30 to 45 minutes. Submitted my request on December 2nd Have not gotten a reply back yet. Today's date is the 18th. Can someone please let me know what's going on with my tablet? I sent it off to the address sent to my email. Yours Truly unhappy customer.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

In February, 2015 I bought an RCA LED46C45RQ 47" 1080 60 Hz LED HDTV. I bought it at Walmart for 350.75. The return window on it expired in May (6.5 months ago) so they told me I'd have to work with the manufacturer. I'd hoped they'd realize that it was a faulty picture and refund, repair, or exchange it. There were quite a few negative reviews on the Walmart page that popped up after I had purchased it but I always read reviews before buying. After it went out, I reread and bad ones had been added. Anyway, RCA says they only guarantee for 1 year. I said they should start making things to last longer than 2 years and they said they are sorry it didn't meet my expectations. Seriously??? My super high expectations of more than 2 or 3 years??? Ridiculous. Be leery… Especially on higher priced stuff… If they are only building to be good enough to outlast their 1 year warranty.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I purchased online from walmart.com a 50' RCA TV in December 2016 that stopped working in April or May 2017. I went to my local Walmart were in initially pick up the tv to make a complaint. The manager explained the procedure to contact walmart.com. Once I did through emails their response was to contact the manufacturer. They gave two numbers that hit a dead in. 888-977-6722 or 858-798-3300. One of the numbers said to contact them by email. I gave the necessary information asked and has not received a response.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I bought a RCA (65 inch) 4k Ultra HD LED TV from a furniture co in London on September 30 2017. 1 month and a few days my tv would go black but I had sound so I called the store which told me that I has to get in touch with RCA TV support and customer service @curtisint.com which I did. They told me I needed to take pictures with the tv on and more pictures at the back of tv and to send it along with proof of purchase.

I was having problems sending it so I went to the store that I bought the tv and they sent all the information to for me. They said customer care would put me on top priority and get to me in 1 or 2 days. Well I never heard from them so I called them customer care and they kept telling me I needed to sent pictures. I told them that the store did that for me. "Ok," they said, "You are on top priority. We will get back in one or 2 days." This has been happening over and over. They gave me so many 800 numbers to call which I did even today. I talked to them but no results. What am I going to do? I am tired of calling them and to no avail. Please help me here.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I thought I was getting a good deal when I bought a 55 inch RCA TV from Best Buy two and a half years ago. Yes it was cheap at $350, but I thought it would still last more than 2.5 years! I woke up this morning and when I tried to turn on the TV it wouldn't turn on. I have since read RCA TVs are notorious for all kinds of problems (which I figured since this TV was so cheap, but still expected it to last at least 5 years). Save your money and spring for a better TV.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Had issues with screen cracking. Sent it in 4 time, they never kept up with records. Not my problems, so then I got it back the fourth time there was a security code on it. Never put it on mine, then there was a scratch on it, never did that, always had a case. So now they don't wanna fix it. I'm like OK, I will never buy anything from this company. I'll let the world know not to either. Their all around company sucks.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I've been looking for ways to reduce expenses and started researching Smart Televisions. I found the RCA LRK40G445RQ 40" 1080p 60hz LED HDTV with Roku Streaming (pre-installed Roku player 3400X) series television and purchased this one (and later a 32") from Walmart. When I learned the ROKU stick was 'pre-installed', I thought, Great! No set-top boxes to clutter up the room. Big Mistake. I want to warn potential customers not to buy any television with a pre-installed ROKU stick. Even though I purchased two of these televisions, a 40" and a 32" (because of the price point) I have since learned a very important fact I want to share with everyone. First, understand that a Smart TV the same as a computer or cell phone. New technology brings advancements with these products. If you own a smartphone, you know it's best to get a new phone every year to enjoy the latest upgrades. Smart TVs are the same.

The ROKU stick in my televisions is 'outdated', even though I purchased them less than three years ago. First, don't buy any television with a pre-installed ROKU stick. As new ROKU players become available, you are stuck with a television that cannot be updated to the latest version of the ROKU product. I learned this the hard way and hope my experience helps you understand more about Smart TVs. At first, I enjoyed saving money by cutting the cable and only paying for internet and Wi-Fi. The ROKU feature has many free channels that are 'average' but to enjoy watching movies and network programming, you need to purchase add-on subscriptions. I added Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, and CBS All Access. I don't mind having regular channels and have enjoyed the add-on subscriptions.

Another problem is CBS All Access stopped working this year. After calling customer service repeatedly, I've been told they are having technical difficulties with 'older Roku versions' such as mine. What? My RCA TVs were purchased in 2015 & 2016. While CBS All Access customer service has been quite cooperative, I am unable to watch the 'regular' channel I most enjoy. They say they are working on the problem and hope to resolve this issue. Next, I wanted to try the new DIRECTV app and learned it is not available with ROKU. I'm trying to contact RCA directly to file a complaint. In my opinion, RCA should never have manufactured these televisions. The 'average' customer who can't afford an expensive television also can't afford to buy a new television every few years to stay current with the 'new technology'.

Please do not buy any televisions with pre-installed Roku sticks. As technology improves, the stick you are 'stuck with' cannot be updated and the television is basically worthless if you want to watch new programming. I have no problems with the other subscribed providers and no interruption streaming media. This is a three-fold issue. One being RCA, the second with add-on providers that you can't use with Roku, and the third Roku. I sincerely hope I've helped you prior to purchasing a Smart TV. Be a 'Smart' customer and do your homework prior to making a purchase. Remember the good old days? I had an RCA television that worked perfectly for over 20 years. Things are not the same these days. Smart shopping!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

Replacement of DVD player - I purchased a portable DVD player for my grandson for his birthday in February for his birthday to use to travel to Disney World. We had some trouble with it, it would say no disc or disc unknown when you had a disc in it. It would work some. We went to use it a second time and it would say no disc or disc unknown. The second time, it never worked at all. I contacted RCA and got no response back. I am very unhappy with this product and definitely did not get my money out of it. It's not a product that you use daily, so you would think it should work. I still have not gotten a response from RCA. I recommend that no one should purchase this product, we are very disappointed and so is my grandson.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Below is an email I wrote to RCA to deal with my problem: "I recently contacted your support center about an issue with my TV and it was determined that the TV needed to be repaired. All of the service centers the rep. on the phone listed for BC were more than 4 hours driving distance from my location. The rep. then tried to argue with me saying that the Prince George service center was only an hour from me. I looked it up on Google to demonstrate the distance and informed him that it was over 750 KMs from my location. He then suggested I ship the TV out to the Ontario warehouse for it to be repaired and shipped back to me. When I informed him the shipping would be worth more than the TV he said, "that since I was unwilling to take it to a service center" that I send you an email. I called the service line back and asked to speak with a supervisor to escalate the call and hopefully find a better option.

I suggested having the local TV repair center fix the TV and have me reimbursed for its cost. This was denied and the "supervisor" told me to send an email. I've attached pictures of the information on the back of the TV along with the receipt and the front of the TV itself. To be honest I'm quite disappointed with the level of customer service I have received thus far. In this digital age I'm dumbfounded that an international company would have policies in place that prevent timely cost effective solutions. Much less not have someone that can be reached by phone to deal with these less straightforward situations. The above description of events does not include the time I spent on hold, which was beyond reasonable. Nonetheless I am writing this email to hopefully find a way for me to have a working television in a timely, cost effective manner. Please respond and inform me how this is to be dealt with."

They replied with the same information about the service centers I was informed about on the phone. In my online research I found that RCA is a brand owned and operated by Curtis International Ltd. They have the same support phone number listed on the sites of their other brands, they are; Curtis, RCA, IGLOO, SYLVANIA, and PROSCAN. There are probably 2 people at the end of that phone answering questions with prepared responses out of a book. I took my TV to my local repair shop and the technician there told me there was a problem with the circuit board and that he couldn't source ANY circuit boards for that TV. Never again with I ever purchase an RCA product.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Bottom-line... NEVER, EVER buy an RCA product! Don't even THINK about buying an RCA product! Bought an RCA 24" LED, DVD Combo unit in January 2016. DVD mechanism started acting up within 90 days. Worked with Sears Tech Service via phone for 6 months, even bought a cleaning disc. Sears finally said the unit was defective and needed to be returned to RCA for replacement. They gave me a contact number which was never answered... There was only a recorded message that all reps are busy and to send an email. Kept calling at various hours (even the middle of the night) and sent a dozen emails.

Finally, after 3 months, I received an email back apologizing for the delay and asking for more info. I sent the info and another dozen or so emails but never heard back from them. We were scheduled to leave the US for hurricane relief work in the Bahamas so we just bought another TV (Vizio) right before we left the US. When we came back I was told to contact our State Consumer Affairs department. Which I did. Lucky me... I'm over the hill so we were immediately put in the 'seniors vs crime' division. So now, the State of Florida is dogging them.

Original review: June 1, 2017

For the size that I have it is perfect for me as I watch a lot of sports and I want clarity to be clear. Too much bigger would be out of my league for the price. Most of all have had great experience in customer satisfaction.

Original review: May 31, 2017

Buying RCA tv gave me what I wanted. The tv is great. What needs to be fixed is the programming because I'm paying way too much money for reruns and infomercials.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I bought this flat screen in 2008 on sale at Walmart & it had a DVD player built in. The color, sound, pic & DVD player work like they did the day I bought it. I moved 6 times & that TV has traveled the east coast. I love it. It has a 19" screen. When I couldn't afford cable, I had the TV search channels with no antenna & I was able to get 12. I don't know how but I was happy because I can't live without my TV.

Original review: May 25, 2017

RCA is just an average 55" LED flat screen with minimal features that performs well and is a great value. The picture and colors are quite good. Sound is ok but there is some motion blur. Also, the remote is junk so I don't use it. The sound and picture are not totally synchronized but I no longer notice it. If you're shopping just for price then it's a good choice but I recommend checking out Best Buy's house brand as it's even cheaper and may be a better choice and you can buy it at the store rather than online as I did.

Original review: May 24, 2017

For the price that I paid I feel that the T.V. Does what it should. The sound quality is not very good so I had to go out and get a sound bar.

Original review: May 21, 2017

My tv is 55 inch screen for around $550 dollars. Owned approx 6 years with no problems. It is not a Smart TV but the high def picture is just fine with us. We have never purchased the newest technology in television due to the ridiculously high prices attached to the current models.

Original review: May 20, 2017

I have used RCA for years now and I have always been pleased with their products. You can't go wrong with RCA. They last a long time. I have had mine for years now and it's still going strong.

Original review: May 19, 2017

The television was easy to assemble, has a great picture and many great features. For the price, this 46" RCA television was a great purchase.

RCA Company Information