RCA

Compare TV Brands

Research top TV Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Below is an email I wrote to RCA to deal with my problem: "I recently contacted your support center about an issue with my TV and it was determined that the TV needed to be repaired. All of the service centers the rep. on the phone listed for BC were more than 4 hours driving distance from my location. The rep. then tried to argue with me saying that the Prince George service center was only an hour from me. I looked it up on Google to demonstrate the distance and informed him that it was over 750 KMs from my location. He then suggested I ship the TV out to the Ontario warehouse for it to be repaired and shipped back to me. When I informed him the shipping would be worth more than the TV he said, "that since I was unwilling to take it to a service center" that I send you an email. I called the service line back and asked to speak with a supervisor to escalate the call and hopefully find a better option.

I suggested having the local TV repair center fix the TV and have me reimbursed for its cost. This was denied and the "supervisor" told me to send an email. I've attached pictures of the information on the back of the TV along with the receipt and the front of the TV itself. To be honest I'm quite disappointed with the level of customer service I have received thus far. In this digital age I'm dumbfounded that an international company would have policies in place that prevent timely cost effective solutions. Much less not have someone that can be reached by phone to deal with these less straightforward situations. The above description of events does not include the time I spent on hold, which was beyond reasonable. Nonetheless I am writing this email to hopefully find a way for me to have a working television in a timely, cost effective manner. Please respond and inform me how this is to be dealt with."

They replied with the same information about the service centers I was informed about on the phone. In my online research I found that RCA is a brand owned and operated by Curtis International Ltd. They have the same support phone number listed on the sites of their other brands, they are; Curtis, RCA, IGLOO, SYLVANIA, and PROSCAN. There are probably 2 people at the end of that phone answering questions with prepared responses out of a book. I took my TV to my local repair shop and the technician there told me there was a problem with the circuit board and that he couldn't source ANY circuit boards for that TV. Never again with I ever purchase an RCA product.

Bottom-line... NEVER, EVER buy an RCA product! Don't even THINK about buying an RCA product! Bought an RCA 24" LED, DVD Combo unit in January 2016. DVD mechanism started acting up within 90 days. Worked with Sears Tech Service via phone for 6 months, even bought a cleaning disc. Sears finally said the unit was defective and needed to be returned to RCA for replacement. They gave me a contact number which was never answered... There was only a recorded message that all reps are busy and to send an email. Kept calling at various hours (even the middle of the night) and sent a dozen emails.

Finally, after 3 months, I received an email back apologizing for the delay and asking for more info. I sent the info and another dozen or so emails but never heard back from them. We were scheduled to leave the US for hurricane relief work in the Bahamas so we just bought another TV (Vizio) right before we left the US. When we came back I was told to contact our State Consumer Affairs department. Which I did. Lucky me... I'm over the hill so we were immediately put in the 'seniors vs crime' division. So now, the State of Florida is dogging them.

Purchased a RCA air cond. unit less than a year ago. Stop working and was blowing out warm air after 5 months of use. Contacted RCA customer service (which I had a hard time Googling phone#) which they told me to call Curtis International who is their warranty dept. Called, emailed, letters, everything and just giving me the runaround. They want merchant where I purchased it from to cover it and merchant denied and I still can't get a repair or refund. Won't let me speak to a manager or supervisor. Won't respond back to any of my messages. HORRIBLE. Won't ever buy another RCA product again. NEVER. NEVER. EVER AGAIN.

For the size that I have it is perfect for me as I watch a lot of sports and I want clarity to be clear. Too much bigger would be out of my league for the price. Most of all have had great experience in customer satisfaction.

Buying RCA tv gave me what I wanted. The tv is great. What needs to be fixed is the programming because I'm paying way too much money for reruns and infomercials.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RCA?

I bought this flat screen in 2008 on sale at Walmart & it had a DVD player built in. The color, sound, pic & DVD player work like they did the day I bought it. I moved 6 times & that TV has traveled the east coast. I love it. It has a 19" screen. When I couldn't afford cable, I had the TV search channels with no antenna & I was able to get 12. I don't know how but I was happy because I can't live without my TV.

RCA is just an average 55" LED flat screen with minimal features that performs well and is a great value. The picture and colors are quite good. Sound is ok but there is some motion blur. Also, the remote is junk so I don't use it. The sound and picture are not totally synchronized but I no longer notice it. If you're shopping just for price then it's a good choice but I recommend checking out Best Buy's house brand as it's even cheaper and may be a better choice and you can buy it at the store rather than online as I did.

For the price that I paid I feel that the T.V. Does what it should. The sound quality is not very good so I had to go out and get a sound bar.

My tv is 55 inch screen for around $550 dollars. Owned approx 6 years with no problems. It is not a Smart TV but the high def picture is just fine with us. We have never purchased the newest technology in television due to the ridiculously high prices attached to the current models.

I have used RCA for years now and I have always been pleased with their products. You can't go wrong with RCA. They last a long time. I have had mine for years now and it's still going strong.

The television was easy to assemble, has a great picture and many great features. For the price, this 46" RCA television was a great purchase.

RCA is a very good TV. It always has the very best, most realistic color of them all. The only thing was this time we did have to have a switch replaced after about a little over a year that cost little over hundred dollars but still RCA is the best TV of all. It has always been my top favorite in all areas especially quality.

I purchased a LED TV Model Number LED46C45RQ Serial Number # 5501-LE46C45-H402354 on 06/03/2015. Couple months later I started to have problems with the sound. The TV volume would completely got out every time I was watching TV. I called the company. They sent someone to fix it but now 20 months later the TV won't turn on and unfortunately the warranty has expired and there nothing I can do but to get a new TV. My advice to the General Public out there is to do your research before you decided to purchase something and read the reviews because if you don't you are to be in the same situation that I ran into and just wasted your investment. So if you are going to invest in something that is worth it and please be careful with RCA products.

I bought this tv (32" Led TV Model RLDED3258A-E) in less than 2 years ago as a second tv. It was used very infrequently. After 19 months it wouldn't turn on. First, it took me quite a while to find out that Curtis International looks after this particular RCA tv. I returned to the store where I purchased it and was told this tv is one of the most returned and that I should have read reviews. I did not get the extended warranty for 2 years. I sent an email to Curtis explaining situation and was told that as a courtesy they would possibly cover the cost of the parts but I would have to take it to a dealer for an estimate. I called an authorized dealer and would told the estimate costs $50.00 plus HST and there is a minimum $150.00 tv repair charge thereafter. I bought tv for $248.00 total. I then took tv to a shop and it cost me $70.00 for part and repairs. So before you buy look at reviews. If you decide to buy this particular tv get the extended warranty.

I bought this 45" LCD HD 1080p television at K-mart's 6 years ago for $250. It has held a fabulous high def quality picture since day 1. It has all the audio/game & more ports on the back of it. The swivel base makes it easy to adjust the screen position if I'm in a different area of the room and can't see the screen. Very easy to hook up to a Roku and the internet through a wireless router which is what I use. It's also very decently weighted to move around if you chose to. Power saving mode is also nice in the event you fall asleep or forget to turn it off. Overall I am very pleased with this television.

For the price I believe I got a great deal on a very good product. Easy set-up and easy connect to cable. Really like the options on my RCA tv set. I would buy another one. I have, and will continue, to recommend this product.

I've had my RCA t.v. since 1997, purchased at a pawn shop and it has NEVER given me ANY trouble whatsoever in any way. Because of the sterling performance of the RCA brand, I'd gladly continue buying this product.

I love my RCA tv because it's a smart. I have Netflix and YouTube right in front of me without having to get on my computer. 65in HD screen is perfect for my football games. I've had it for over a year and have no issues with it.

We contacted RCA for warranty on our TV. They said to send it in by FedEx to their repair shop in Winnipeg. They stated it would take 4-8 business DAYS to look at the TV and contact us with their findings. After I sent emails and made phone calls we finally got an answer and now it is 6 WEEKS later and we still do not have our TV back. Very frustrating experience. Also to find info online about RCA is very limited.

I want to contact BBB as well. Can't believe how they promise a short turn around and then once they have the unit they have no urgency to contact us and let us know what is going on. Very unprofessional. I shouldn't have to be the one to call and email and wait and wait. The customer service should be truthful in the time they tell customers. We have purchased other RCA products and have been happy with them. However we have not had to use warranty and now will not be purchasing anything else from RCA in the future.

I have purchased 4 RCA digital converter boxes and they have all had the same issue! The sound continually cuts off!!! I did not purchase the RCA boxes by choice but because they were the only boxes available. I cannot be the only consumer that has experienced this defect/issue!

I haven't been able to get through to customer service for months. Then when I final got a hold of them they hung up in my face after waiting on hold for about 15 minutes. I was not rude or disrespectful to deserve this treatment. I just called an alternate # that they gave me while trying to call the correct # for RCA tablets. So very unprofessional & hurtful. I'm just try to get my daughter's RCA tablet working for her to do school work & to have some fun. I think that after waiting while it didn't work for the past few months the least they can do is make it possible to get in contact with so that I can troubleshoot the issue. She had one before this that was also poorly made & broke on her after a few weeks.

They are a waste of money & most importantly TIME. I will never purchase another product (no matter what kind, appliances, tv's, or computer products.) I will stay away from this brand for the rest of my life & don't suggest it to anyone. They take your money & after that I cannot contact them, I have been hung up on & haven't had a working device from them for the past year as the tablets have laid not working on a shelf instead of being a source of research & fun for my child. I have never been so disappointed in a product. I wish that someone would have taken the time to inform me of how terrible their service is & how terrible the product works. Took my money & hung up on me the minute I actually found a human being to speak to.

I have been trying since October 2016 to get the soundboard replaced on my RCA Smart TV, with DVD player, that I purchased from Walmart. A tech came out the first part of November and ordered a board because I had no sound. Beautiful picture, but no sound. Sears is doing the warranty work according to RCA, but they aren't. I have had three canceled appointments because the part is constantly on back order. One time it was sent to New Hampshire. I live in Houston! I just called again because the part was supposed to be in on 1/16. It is not. I am 73 years old and have not had a tv since the beginning of October. I don't know what to do next. I paid for 4 years of extended warranty and that is no good unless the warranty is out. I was told that it would be valid as long as I needed the part. Calling customer service for RCA is just a waste of time. I am about to write my State Attorney General to see if there is something they can do.

RCA USED to be a very reliable and higher end manufacturer, what happened? It's been months since my TV stopped working under warranty. It took 2 weeks to get the at home diagnosis since they deemed it unrepairable. It's been nothing but a ghost chase. Frustrating experience!! After several weeks of waiting for further contact from RCA after our TV (receipt attached) was deemed unrepairable, we've been directed to you for a refund or replacement.

This TV was costly & was bought recently, it was diagnosed as unrepairable by the technician that was sent out (receipt attached). We were told that the warranty would be honored with a replacement TV or a refund within (2) weeks. That was now several weeks ago. We've been waiting a long time & this is the first (and hopefully last) attempt to email you these receipts that RCA should have. Not a happy customer here. Before we publish our reviews on this company, please respond & we'll do our best to work with you to resolve this issue in a timely manner. Thank you.

Purchased RCA LED55G55R120Q Series Ultra HDTV on August 11th, 2016, it arrived August 17th and I was allowed to open the box on September 5th. (It was a gift.) On December 6th my TV developed a line in the screen about 1 inch thick that was very pixelated and yellow and green. Called and set up a service call. December 27th the service tech told us the television could not be repaired and would be replaced. I was told I would hear from them in 3 to 5 business days. It's been almost a month. I have sent emails and get no response and the number they give you to call only tells you that representatives are busy and to send an email. This is crazy and I am tired of it. It is not hard to see why ACTIVEON/RCA has a big fat "F" with BBB.

I bought a brand new RCA Tablet Pro-12 from Wal-Mart in Pittsburg, California on Christmas Eve. The volume stopped working before a week. I took the tablet back to Wal-Mart in what I thought was a reasonable amount of time - 2 weeks, and to my surprise, I WAS TOO LATE!!! I had to bring it back within 15 days!!! So I figured I would surely be covered by the Manufacturer's Warranty, and I cannot even get a live person at RCA!!! It is all done through emails back and forth, and they are not even replacing my brand new product. I have to be inconvenienced by mailing it back, and RCA doesn't even replaced it. THEY REFURBISH IT!!! I BOUGHT THIS BRAND NEW, not to mention this Pro-12 stopped functioning properly within days of purchase. Stay away from the Pro-12!!!

RCA 40" TV under warranty, had it checked, by Sears Service, who indicated I would be hearing from RCA regarding Replacement. Well this was 3 months ago. I get nothing from RCA/ACTIVEON. Won't answer calls, emails. Absolutely the worst! Have tried other "RCA" service centers, and even the warranty repair service.... All I get is the "call Activeon using the number provided" which is a black hole.

I purchased this TV online from Kmart in August 2016. TV has been inoperable since I received it. Have tried to call the # given... No answer of course. Tried the Activeon email address, a guy named Richard responded once and told me to contact Kmart. Blah, Blah... So I'm stuck with a TV that I can't use, but my $$ was taken. Absolutely, horrible!!! LESSONED LEARN. IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, THEN IT IS!! The manufacturer warranty will be null and void because of their negligence. Not responding. I WANT A NEW TV OR MY $$$ BACK THAT'S ALL!!

I put 1 star because they made me but you don't even deserve that. On the phone all day with RCA KMART the place where I bought the tv. This has been ongoing for too long with no help other than the company wanting to charge me for repair cost that are more than the tv for what they told me was a manufacturer defect. I am pretty upset to say that a few months after buying a 55" RCA TV the picture started to go. I called to complain they transferred me to another person who gave me another number to call. The number was just an answering service that says they will contact you after 2 days if you email them. But doesn't let you leave a message. Now my screen has gone completely black. I have spent the past 4 hours on the phone being transferred back and forth and to no avail they transferred me to the infamous voicemail answering service with the same message.

I bought 32 in RCA TV in Walmart online in July 2016 for my granddaughter's birthday. In Nov. 24 2016 when his father open the TV and connected the tv do not work. I call Walmart because I get 3 year warranty but they said the tv is on RCA warranty the first year before the extended warranty start to work. OK. I call RCA and they send to my house a shipping label by FedEx. After 15 days I call RCA and they give me a phone to call **. That was the beginning of my night with the hell. They never answer. I call more than 50 time. I sent Email to customerservice@activeon.com more than 10 time and they never send me an e-mail. Please I need help, somebody call me. I pay $229.00 for that TV. Serial #5510-LK32G45-A00106.

Bought my kids some of the Viking tablets for Christmas one year, within a month 2 quit working (one wouldn't finish loading and the other wouldn't boot up). First it was fine, they sent me replacements and I sent the defective ones back. Month later, one that was returned quit working, and again they sent me a replacement. Fast forward 3 months and my daughter breaks hers so I pay for a new one and once again, 1 week after getting it (BRAND NEW) tablet quits booting up.

Contact support, but now they decide sending replacements isn't feasible, so I've spent the last 4 months arguing with these morons about how I don't think it's fair for me to spend $15-20 on insured postage to make sure it gets back to them. Don't buy anything RCA, you can get better quality products by sneezing into a pile of dog ** and sprinkling glitter on it. That way when you yell at the pile of sparkly **, it'll give you a more profound answer than the imbeciles RCA employs (hence the slew of 1 star ratings on here).

RCA Company Profile