3.9/5 (704 ratings)

About RCA

RCA Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RCA?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

Warranty process is a major runaround. Don't waste your money on RCA TVs, will NEVER buy this brand ever again! It took several weeks and several emails to get this process done. When the second TV was dropped off they just left it outside no knock on the door or phone call 50" TV left outside!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2023

First tv purchased was broken off the shelf with a rattling speaker. Second tv broke after 4 months of use. One reply from the warranty company so far where they totally ignored all of the information I provided them with for them to do a warranty claim. Absolutely useless waste of $600. They have a one year warranty they will not honor.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

I ordered it and used it for 2 months, loved it because I got a purple one, being a Viking fan great! After 2 months it was dead. UGH Never another RCA item in this house. Who can afford to throw money away to those crooks?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

My RCA TV is 11 months old and has horizontal lines running through the picture. I called and was told I would be sent an email to file a warranty claim. I responded to the email with what I was told to do. A few days later I got an email saying my warranty was approved. It said I needed to remove the serial number and cut the power cord as close to the TV as possible. What??? I responded asking why. They said it was the process. This didn't make sense so I called. After explaining the situation the person told me that's how it is so people don't take advantage of the situation. What??? I asked if I cut the cord and sent a picture for proof, how long will it take to get a new TV. They said 2-3 weeks.

I'm on social security disability and TV is what I do all day. Even with the lines messing up the picture, it will be something to watch until I get the new TV. I don't understand. If they agree the picture is messed up and it's under warranty then send me a new TV. Why do I have to cut the cord and be without a TV for 2-3 weeks? I told the person I wanted to speak to a supervisor. They said one wasn't available and that they would call me back later that day. No one called.

I called back every day for a week and was told the same thing every day. I finally got a callback. The same person I talked to told me the supervisor told her to tell me the same thing. The supervisor wouldn't even call me personally. I have a TV with a bad picture getting worse every week. This is the worst customer service I've ever got. The TV is under warranty and they won't honor the warranty unless I cut the cord and be without for 2-3 weeks. Horrible customer service. I filed a complaint also with the BBB, customer protection agency and on the RCA website. I will never again purchase any of their products and I will tell everyone to do the same.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

These TVs are absolute junk. Within 7 months of purchase the TV it became a battle to even turn it on. Remote or manually. And when you manage to turn it on the screen is full of lines so bad that you can't make out anything on the screen. RCA/Curtis will not back their product and customer service is pathetic.

Original review: April 16, 2022

Bought 70" TV last year. Remote operation went bad - some buttons were working some not. Major TV viewing issues. Contact RCA, they redirected me to Curtis company who handle customer related issues. Gave me a run around for whole two months and took a very long time to respond. Made me send them s/n, remote pics, model number, even though I told them "it's very difficult to take pics due to the awkwardness of the TV location and even more so the back of TV." I sent them the pics with a great difficulty and after two months I was told that I must buy the remote at normal price if I want to watch TV. Overall a very bad customer service long delays, rigid atmosphere. I will not buy anything from them again. At time I felt like I was dealing with a very crappy third-world country company.

Original review: March 31, 2022

Don't buy RCA TVs. After 6 month in the life of the TV I bought, when I try to turn on the TV; it started showing horizontal lines going from the top to the bottom. and would not turn on. After playing with the setting a bit, mainly reducing the intensity, it took from 35 to 50 times turning on and off till it starts working but today half a day doing that and have the same problem. Hooked thru HDMI1 to my laptop to use as a monitor only. Even without my computer I do not get the start page. Keeping same lines. Piece of garbage. Useless. No help from Servicing company Curtis Electronics.

Original review: March 14, 2022

I have been trying for 2 weeks to speak to a technical support person. They gave me a reference number when I first called. They said someone would get back to me within 5 business days. I waited 8 business days and did not get a call. They say that they left a message for me. It is not true! I receive all my messages myself.

Yesterday I called them and they said I would receive a call between 9 and 12 today. That did not happen. I called them back at 130 eastern time. They said I would receive a call within 1 to 2 hours. I called again because I did not get a phone call. They said I would get a call before the end of day. I asked what time is the end of day. They said technical people are there from 9 to 5. I then asked what time it was. She said 630. I said how is someone going to call me today when they are already gone! She then said I would get a call within 72 hours! No need for them to waste any more of my time! I will return the tv and buy another brand. Horrible when people lie!!!!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

Where do I start. I got in in couple days cool. Awesome. Then I open it and black all over it. Oil or dirt ok. Wash it off then I install it. Plug it in hook it up and start a small load cause need to do laundry bad and just wanted to try first and it leaked. So I stop and hopped back off machine. Well my bf did and boom a piece of plastic or tape it was all around wire like they knew it would leak. So I called right away. He says he will refund me but I have to get it to post office. Fine and he said he send label and did not get nothing. Actually he canceled it and I did not ask for that.

So I called this morning. All I want is my money back cause this machine is crap and if I’m anyone I would not buy it again. I barely have cash to spend and I took the last of the little extra money I had to buy this and now look my nightmare. Leaks all over the wires inside so it can’t even be fixed. Thanks for nothing RCA. Hopefully you do right and I might change this review but I want my money back please or better unit for free. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

I bought a tv for my daughter for Christmas, it broke 2months later. The store couldn’t refund me. It was 30 days past … so I had to go to RCA for the 1 year.. fought until 7 days before warranty ran out. Was given the run around… still no tv.. Awful customer service.. The worst and I worked in telemarketing… Take pictures, done. Take again, "We can’t find your file," send receipt, wrong receipt, can’t find, send receipt, someone is looking, no one is here when asked to speak to a manager. Will call back, they didn’t … "Ok we have found your receipt. We will call you" … didn’t multiple times. Told these things each time we called!!! Horrible.

RCA Company Information