2.6/5 (879 ratings)

About RCA

RCA Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RCA?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RCA?

Original review: April 16, 2022

Bought 70" TV last year. Remote operation went bad - some buttons were working some not. Major TV viewing issues. Contact RCA, they redirected me to Curtis company who handle customer related issues. Gave me a run around for whole two months and took a very long time to respond. Made me send them s/n, remote pics, model number, even though I told them "it's very difficult to take pics due to the awkwardness of the TV location and even more so the back of TV." I sent them the pics with a great difficulty and after two months I was told that I must buy the remote at normal price if I want to watch TV. Overall a very bad customer service long delays, rigid atmosphere. I will not buy anything from them again. At time I felt like I was dealing with a very crappy third-world country company.

Original review: March 31, 2022

Don't buy RCA TVs. After 6 month in the life of the TV I bought, when I try to turn on the TV; it started showing horizontal lines going from the top to the bottom. and would not turn on. After playing with the setting a bit, mainly reducing the intensity, it took from 35 to 50 times turning on and off till it starts working but today half a day doing that and have the same problem. Hooked thru HDMI1 to my laptop to use as a monitor only. Even without my computer I do not get the start page. Keeping same lines. Piece of garbage. Useless. No help from Servicing company Curtis Electronics.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 14, 2022

I have been trying for 2 weeks to speak to a technical support person. They gave me a reference number when I first called. They said someone would get back to me within 5 business days. I waited 8 business days and did not get a call. They say that they left a message for me. It is not true! I receive all my messages myself.

Yesterday I called them and they said I would receive a call between 9 and 12 today. That did not happen. I called them back at 130 eastern time. They said I would receive a call within 1 to 2 hours. I called again because I did not get a phone call. They said I would get a call before the end of day. I asked what time is the end of day. They said technical people are there from 9 to 5. I then asked what time it was. She said 630. I said how is someone going to call me today when they are already gone! She then said I would get a call within 72 hours! No need for them to waste any more of my time! I will return the tv and buy another brand. Horrible when people lie!!!!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

Where do I start. I got in in couple days cool. Awesome. Then I open it and black all over it. Oil or dirt ok. Wash it off then I install it. Plug it in hook it up and start a small load cause need to do laundry bad and just wanted to try first and it leaked. So I stop and hopped back off machine. Well my bf did and boom a piece of plastic or tape it was all around wire like they knew it would leak. So I called right away. He says he will refund me but I have to get it to post office. Fine and he said he send label and did not get nothing. Actually he canceled it and I did not ask for that.

So I called this morning. All I want is my money back cause this machine is crap and if I’m anyone I would not buy it again. I barely have cash to spend and I took the last of the little extra money I had to buy this and now look my nightmare. Leaks all over the wires inside so it can’t even be fixed. Thanks for nothing RCA. Hopefully you do right and I might change this review but I want my money back please or better unit for free. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

I bought a tv for my daughter for Christmas, it broke 2months later. The store couldn’t refund me. It was 30 days past … so I had to go to RCA for the 1 year.. fought until 7 days before warranty ran out. Was given the run around… still no tv.. Awful customer service.. The worst and I worked in telemarketing… Take pictures, done. Take again, "We can’t find your file," send receipt, wrong receipt, can’t find, send receipt, someone is looking, no one is here when asked to speak to a manager. Will call back, they didn’t … "Ok we have found your receipt. We will call you" … didn’t multiple times. Told these things each time we called!!! Horrible.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I was stunned at the childish accessory called the remote control for this Roku tv. There are no numbers to enter a channel number. While the tv and any documentation whatsoever repeatedly refer to roku... Unless your television is connected to the internet - there are no services available. When I made the mistake of attempting to sign up for the "free" access - my home address, date of birth and credit card information were demanded.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

Have a 55 inch mounted in the living room. Picture is very clear and vivid. Purchased a Walmart for a very good price. Had a problem with it once and the RCA technical phone support walked us through a resolution. The TV is about 3 yrs old now and we love it.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I have had the TV for 5 years, It works fine with my Firestick and On-Demand. I don't like the oversized remote. It has been steady since purchase. I think I am in the market for a Smart TV with a curve.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I have an older model RCA flat screen TV. I am really impressed by it being there are many ways to use it, connect pc, 3 HDMI plugs for DVD Firestick, Bluray player. Even the original remote still works except the power button. Everything else on works great. Excellent color and sound. You can even change the screen size on it so that way your movie is the full size of the screen instead of being chopped shorter whether from top to bottom or either side.

Original review: March 28, 2021

We are seniors and scraped together funds for a smart TV!! That was our Christmas present to each other. I have been fighting with them since Jan 6th!! The TV is a nightmare! It does not work!! They say, "Send us this and that." We have according to my 57 emails have done that!!! RCA used to be good brand, however from my experience..STAY AWAY!! Kris

RCA Company Information