1.10/5
Based on 67 reviews that contain star ratings

71 f.y.e. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

So annoyingly enough they sign you up for a magazine subscription that once again I was never told about and they make the cancellation process drawn out and I believe something needs to be done. I don’t know if you need to train your staff to explain all the charges and what the membership really is instead of getting as many people to sign up as possible and not telling them all the major details like, "I don’t know we sign you up for things you don’t want and charge you twice for a fee you didn’t know about."

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I was very displeased with my encounter with f.y.e. when signing up for the membership. I was told it was free then I started to notice I was getting billed and they told me it was taken out monthly. I called to ask about this and was told when I wanted to cancel I would get a refund which I didn't get because they "can't do that".

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I got the backstage pass because my cashier insisted I get it but never told me it charges every so often, not even once a month. Just random. And I called to cancel it back in December because I saw that it started charging me. They WOULD NOT let me cancel my account. They kept insisting that I keep it and they even lowered the price so I would keep it and I kept telling them that I just wanted it canceled and then the guy promised me that after the payment went through in January I’ll never be charged again. It’s now end of August and I got on my bank account and noticed that I got charged again. So I called as soon as I could to see what was up.

Again the same thing. The lady was insisting as hard as she could that I keep it and asked me for my reasoning for canceling and I said that I wanted it canceled because I never go shopping there and I was never informed that I would get charged. She then basically told me that they aren’t letting people canceling their membership because they are “on a tight budget”. So after a good 20 mins with repeating myself that I wanted it canceled she finally “canceled” it for me. Now I don’t know if it’s true because that’s what the first guy told me when I first tried to cancel. So def do not get the membership unless you want to be scammed.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I was totally scammed by f.y.e... when checking out I was offered a 10% discount on that day's purchase and discounts on many things and places listed on the brochure. At that time I never picked out or purchased any magazines... just the CD I bought. After getting home I looked at the brochure and realized that I would never use the backstage pass discount card and immediately called and cancelled it. I cancelled it the 30th of May and figured I had taken care of it. When I went online to check my credit card account the 3rd of July I find a charge for $83.50 for magazines.

I immediately called my credit card company and disputed the charges... after realizing that I had not used my card for any purchases with automatic billing I traced it back to FYE. Upon calling them they put me through 3 different people who told me that it would be investigated and my money refunded. I still don't have my money back as of today...called FYE and was given another number to call for magazine information...Guess what. NO RECORD of them ever billing my credit card. At this point I am furious and will not rest till I get my money back.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I order a shirt on this website. The shirt was from The Office. It had Stanley face on it from The Office saying, "Did you stutter." My first issues is it took over 2 weeks to be delivered. My 2nd issue is the shirt was 15.99 after shipping fees it was 21.19 cents. The first time I wash the shirt Stanley face almost complete fades off. I paid 21.19 cents for this shirt. I just ordered it. It got to my house August 5th. I wore it and today is August 9th. Half of Stanley face is faded off my shirt. Did not even have this shirt for a week. Wore it once and the face on the shirt is fading away. I recommend that people dont waste over 20 dollars on a shirt that you wear once and the face and the words fade away.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about f.y.e.?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Was deceived into signing up for their loyalty program (VIP backstage). Was offered 10% off my purchase that day. Was told was like supermarket rewards card. No credit card and doesn’t cost anything. Got home and read brochure it’s 11.99 after 2nd month. Called immediately to cancel. Spoke to their office of president at F.Y.E. VIP program. Since reg rep would not send me something in writing verifying my cancellation. Was told they don’t train their employees like that. After reading others' reviews of similar incident I’m surprised they aren’t fined. Very upset at F.Y.E.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I always thought FYE was an ok store to buy stuff at. I will never shop there again after what I just went through. They tell you that signing up for a backstage pass is free and doesn't cost money. Then they automatically sign you up for a magazine subscription that you have to cancel separately from the backstage pass (which they never mentioned). The employee in the store flat out lied to me about this and when I contacted customer service they said they had nothing to do with the magazines. They hustled me out of money with their little scam.

Original review: June 27, 2018

FYE Backstage Pass - I am amazed at how many people have been deceived by that 10% discount they offer at this company. Had I just said no...then I wouldn't have been on the phone today demanding back the $144 they took out of my account. It slipped by for over a year and I cannot believe I didn't notice until just last month. Guess I looked at the right time. The employees are taught to lie and that's a BAD way to do business. Eventually FYE will have none if this keeps up.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I walked into my local FYE and was asked if I wanted to sign up for a free trial. I was told it would grant me 10% off on my purchases in the store in the future if I created an account, so I did. What they didn't tell me was that they charge you at random for the FYE VIP membership even if you never asked for it. I created my account with FYE over 2 months ago and I randomly got a $11.99 Fee for this "membership" that I never signed up for.

After realizing I had been blatantly stolen from, I followed the charge back to its origin and found out that FYE has a common practice of doing this to their customers who create accounts, you're automatically entered into a "free trial period" which then if you don't cancel (and you won't because you weren't informed about it costing money) they'll randomly charge your card you used at the local store a membership fee. I had made a $16 purchase back in April over 2 months ago, yet I was not charged in the following month of May, but randomly charged the $11.99 Membership Fee that I did not sign up for, on June 18th for no reason.

I'm confused why these FYE scammers are allowed to do business. Why are people allowed to backstab their customers by ** them into "hey if you create an account with us, you'll get 10% off all purchases in the future!" when the truth is, the moment you say "Okay!" they add you onto the trial membership and charge your card you use on a monthly basis without your consent, this is fraud and should be vetted out thoroughly and all money stolen from customers should be returned. For your own privacy and money, don't do business with these ** artists.

Original review: June 18, 2018

This is a perfect example for a huge site, which claims to have stuff in stock but certainly does not... I paid overnight shipping and after the order did not arrive I reached out to customer service (Nicole) who gave me a tracking which shows the item never shipped. Nicole now says she needs to "investigate" where the order is (it never shipped!!) before she can refund my order plus the expedited shipping cost - AVOID AT ALL COSTS. I still don't have my money after more than 2 weeks.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Paid them over a week ago to order 3 albums and paid an extra 16.49 for rush shipping which says 2-4 business days. They shipped it media mail which is the slowest cheapest method of shipping and cost approximate 4 and a half bucks. They will NOT refund me for the shipping charges and PayPal sadly says that they don't get involved in the shipping charge aspect. I will NOT do business with them again.

Original review: April 18, 2018

This is the first bad review I have ever written in my life :(. I’m sorry. I feel kinda guilty about writing a bad review but I’m not going to be mean. I will be nice :). Fye backstage pass took advantage of a girl like me. Checking out at fye I thought I was getting a rewards card. The clerk never told me it was a free trial and I would actually get charged! I was rushed through it all. Never told any info about how my card was being sent out to these two companies and the next few days I have these weird charges for these magazines and stuff!

Getting this was super easy getting rid of this and I the charges was really hard. The person first on the phone lied and said I wasn’t charged and then tried to trick me into keeping it but I was strong and I told him no! I don’t want the charge. I don’t want this. This is the most slimy deceiving thing! Young people mostly shop at fye and the goal for this is tricking people into thinking it’s a rewards card rushing them to sign and then taking their money and then when you call they will do anything to keep the money and then confuse you.

Fye I swear to goodness this is the most greedy thing ever, you never told me this was going to happen! I thought it was a rewards card! Fye shame on you! I am so young and poor and I can’t afford to put up with this! Shame on you. Shame on whoever created this because they know it’s a trick. They know this is what is going to happen to young kids. Shame.

Original review: March 13, 2018

When I was checking out the clerk told me about the Backstage Pass membership and that it was free. Imagine my surprise when I check my bank account today and see they have charged me 11.99. Which means they kept my credit card info without informing me. As I signed no agreement for a month to month plan I will be disputing the charge. Shameful business practice.

Original review: March 12, 2018

My first time being burned by FYE was around six years ago when I attempted to preorder a deluxe edition of Mass Effect 3 before it came out when no other companies had any left in stock. FYE said they did and processed my preorder without issue. When the game came out, however, I didn't receive my copy of the game and I wasn't informed of any issue with the order until a WEEK after the game had been released. Recently, however, they definitely outdid themselves. I went into a store at Florence Mall in Kentucky and purchased a few CDs from their store for my car. While I was there, the cashier offered me an opportunity to join the FYE Backstage Pass VIP program that they have there where I could receive special offers and free magazine subscriptions with my membership. The cashier told me it was a one time charge and would cancel automatically if I didn't renew the membership.

I later realized that I was being charged $12 a month for my backstage pass on top of the four magazine subscriptions that I had been signed up for. When I went to cancel my magazine subscriptions, I was unable to do it through the magazine providers themselves. The only way I was able to cancel them was by calling an automated system on my phone and painfully making my way through the channels to cancel my magazines. For every magazine, before it would let me cancel it, I had to sit and listen to the endless amount of shady deals they tried to offer me to avoid me canceling my subscriptions. Many of the deals were unclear where it stated I would receive a "full refund" and "cancel my current term" but then tacked on that I would pay "2 to 3 dollars a month" for the next year. After I eventually canceled my magazines, I had to call ANOTHER number to cancel my backstage pass membership.

When I called customer service, I immediately stated that I wanted to cancel my membership and a refund for my previous charges that I was not informed of. The representative then went on to try to sell me on gift cards and some kind of movie deals that I was "entitled to" and when he ended his spiel he asked me if I was going to look at those and confused I said "okay?" to which he tried to end the call without doing EITHER of the things that I asked him to and said I would continue being charged 11.99 a month. I had to cut him off to get him to cancel it and he still didn't even attempt to help me with a refund. I was so annoyed by the end of it that I knew I wouldn't be helped further and just hung up. I will never go to FYE for anything that I can get somewhere else again.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I as well would love to rate their company a no star. Yesterday, I went to f.y.e. to buy some snacks. The cashier offered me the f.y.e. Backstage Pass VIP membership and indicated that I will save up to 10% on my transaction. I said yes, after I was done signing. He then mentioned that I had 30 days to cancel before the trial ends! That's when I knew that I was deceived! I get out of the store, and I quickly called to canceled. The lady who answer was quick to accept that I needed to cancel the f.y.e. membership. Then I read some of the reviews below. It appears that they also sign you up for a f.y.e. magazine subscription?

I emailed service@fyevip.com to ask if this is true. The representative only emailed me back that the f.y.e. Backstage Pass VIP membership is canceled and that they are not in charge of the f.y.e. magazine subscription and to call 1-877-813-0320. I called, a representative was able to help me. He wasn't able to find any f.y.e. magazine subscription but he gave me a reference number. As well, he said that if it appears in the system, that he will have it canceled right away and that I will not be charged. I hope all goes well, I spent too much time on this. FYE should not have this membership available.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I wish I could give them 0 stars honestly. I was in the store a while ago around the beginning of January browsing for a record to buy as a gift. The record was kind of expensive but I decided to get it anyway. It was right before closing time as there was a "snow storm" and the employees were rushing the customers out so I went up to the counter to pay. The cashier rushed through my purchase and asks "do you want to sign up for this discount card, it will save you 10%" and I thought sure, why not - this is an expensive item to begin with. She did NOT explain it was a "free 30 day trial" to their ridiculous membership. She did NOT mention I would later be charged 11.99$ if I didn't log on and cancel my "subscription" before the 30 days were up.

I find it hard to believe this cashier had time to sign me up for a membership when they were minutes from closing but did not have the time to explain it would cost me a membership fee! I'm not sure if they require their employees to disclose this, or if they just assume everyone reads the fine print on their pamphlets while in line, being rushed out by other employees... I just looked at my monthly bank statement today and saw that 11,99$ fee and was so confused by it.

I literally had to Google what "FYE BACKSTAGE PASS" was because I was positive I didn't make that charge. When I got on the phone with the customer service rep he took at least 5 minutes rambling on about keeping the membership and reducing it to like 4.95$, saying I can use it towards 3D movies or restaurants or something. Couldn't understand the guy. When I told him I just wanted to CANCEL my membership, he tried to tell me he was going to reduce it and is there anything else he could help me with. This company is such a scam and I will never be shopping there again.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

F.Y.E. Backstage Pass Blitz Sale - FYE has some cool stuff that I like but one thing I do not like is dishonest transactions. The guy working the register asked me if I would like to be registered into their loyalty program. As with most customers I assumed this would be a program to track purchases and rack up points etc. The guy waits until at the end of ringing me up to inform me that it's $12.00 a month, after seeing I was not pleased he proceeds to tell me I have a month cancel and it can easily be done online with a couple clicks.

So after looking into it you create an account with f.y.e. online then click "cancel subscription". What I don't understand is why when you click cancel online it says "We are processing your cancellation request" then to receive an email saying the same thing and to expect a final cancellation confirmation within 48 hrs just to receive a second email saying I will receive another final confirmation within 48 hrs and that was 4 days ago... I will follow up with the results. (Seems to me f.y.e. is giving me the runaround.) We will see.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

“VIP” membership - What an absolute scam, & mistake on my part. They bribe you in store with a 10% discount, asking you to sign without mentioning the fact that it's a $12 monthly subscription for garbage magazines nobody wants. They know nobody is going to stand there reading the fine print with a line behind them. Hey FYE, if you're so desperate for dollars that you have to trick paying customers into some lame magazine subscription, MAYBE just maybe it's time to call it quits. Nobody buys CDs anymore & nobody wants your garbage merchandise. The only reason I went to FYE (for the first time in 10 years) is to buy last minute T-shirts as a gift. Well, never again. & when you want to cancel, be prepared to deal with an annoyingly upbeat automated system that goes on & on telling you it would be SMARTER not to cancel. Un. Believable.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I am extremely upset at FYE Backstage Pass. I signed up on Black Friday knowing I had till Christmas to cancel. I called the number on the back of my booklet. They gave me a week before Christmas to cancel and the lady tried to encourage me to keep the backstage pass twice. She even offered to reduce the monthly rate. Again I told her no and she very quickly told me she “cancel my service and have a good day” before hanging up on me. No confirmation. No nothing. That should have been my first hint. I got charged at the end of December and January for $11.99 after I canceled my subscription. I called today to get it sorted out and canceled, with a confirmation number, but I can't get a refund. I have never had this problem in the past, but it will be something I will never forget. FYE and the company they use to “gain a profit” have lost my business for life. BTW, the magazines I didn't ask for charged me their monthly rate as well.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

My 17-year-old son loves FYE. It is one of his favorite stores. He went in a few months ago and was approached about a backstage pass deal and he could save money on the purchase he was making. When he got home and showed me what he signed up for I immediately had him cancel as he did not fully understand what this rip off of a service was. Well, he got a charge on his debit card for $23 a few days ago. Upon further investigation, we discovered it is a magazine subscription that was somehow related to the backstage pass. This was not explained to my son. I have spent countless hours trying to get this canceled with zero help from FYE. I will never shop there again and I will go out of my way to tell everyone I know about our experience as well.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I bought a couple of items at this store. The cashier asked if I wanted to enroll in their loyalty program. I said sure thinking it was like my CVS or Kroger card. I was also told that I would receive a free issue of a couple of magazines. Well, this month I noticed a charge for their loyalty card. Looked at my account and it was charged last month as well. In addition, I was charged for the magazines this month. I called their customer service and asked for a refund since I was never informed by the cashier or the paperwork for the card that I would be charged. They would only refund one month. I had to call another number for the magazines. Fortunately, I was fully refunded from them. I will never shop at an FYE store again. What a scam!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

On September 12th, I ordered two of the dog banks. Got an email from the company that the order was on its way. Sent them several other emails with no response. Never received the items. If anyone has information about this company, please pass it on.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Before Christmas, I purchased a number of CDs at my local FYE, and the cashier asked me to join the VIP Backstage Pass to immediately save 10% got my $120 purchase. I said sure, and he clearly stated that I had 30 days to cancel and owe nothing. He circled the cancellation info on the brochure, and if not cancelled I would be charged $11.99 per month. Well, the "benefits" are not worth that, unless you spend $120 per month!

But I knew I'd cancel, so I said sure. January 5, I call to cancel and a pleasant fellow named Mark asked if I'd be interested if he lowered the price to $4.95 per month. NO! I have zero respect for outfits that choose to do business in this manner. I have a confirmation number, and will watch closely, as I don't trust them. To top it off, this store in the Susquehanna Valley Mall was a pigsty! I know malls are an endangered species, but I've never seen a store in such disarray and downright filthy. Bottom line: be very careful with the VIP Backstage Pass program.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I went into the local F.Y.E. store at the mall because they had turntables on sale, went to the register to pay, and was offered to join the f.y.e. backstage pass club, which was described to me as "free". I was given no membership card, nor was I ever informed I would be charged $11.99 a month later. This is a blatant scam to try to get money from people. I will NEVER shop here again if they are willing to OPENLY LIE to their customers like this.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I ordered five of the dog banks back in August 2017, and I was given a response as a “thank you for your order” via messenger and email! My order supposedly shipped about a month later, But I never received the items. I left numerous emails, and tried calling, with no avail, since the company is not accepting phone calls and the website seems to be down. Interesting. I am furious because I am not made of money, and these banks were for my grandchildren. I requested my money to even be sent back to me if they could not fulfill my order. The customer care or customer service does not return emails either!

So right now, I am out of about $110 of hard earned money. This company is a scam and I hope they get what’s coming to them! How can people run a business or work for a company when they know they are scamming people out there? I believe in karma, and even though I will never see my money for the items that I ordered, for those working there, I assume they evidently do not have a conscience and will get what they deserve!! Shame on you!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I signed up for a free trial of FYE's backstage pass and the cashier told me I had to select some magazines to get a free issue of. There was a long line and my eyesight is bad so if there was any fine print I was not able to see it. Anyway, They apparently signed me up for a year subscription for time and people magazine for a total cost of $108.00. I called FYE's backstage pass service line and was told I had to call a third party. I was sent to an automated line that had no discernible option to get a refund on the amount that was already charged to me. I then had to track down the customer service line for people magazine who could not help me but advised me to call 1-877-813-0320 and then press 0 to speak to a live representative.

The rep for the magazine company was very helpful and has promised to process a refund that will show up within 3 days. While the magazine company itself wasn't necessarily the problem, FYE essentially scammed me out of what for me is a whole week of pay! The whole process of being assured a refund took me hours and many tears (because I am financially incapable of paying $108.00 on magazines and I was very frustrated too). I will never shop at FYE again and I will discourage my friends from shopping there too. I am considering returning any recent purchases and buying the same items from a more trustworthy business instead.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Along with other reviewers here, I too was fraudulently charged for magazine subscriptions I did NOT want! I tried numerous times to correct this and ordered new bank cards twice but they kept charging my account anyway. I ended up closing my account and switching to a new bank altogether over this mess! I will NEVER spend another dime in FYE and if any of you consumers do shop in there, please be safe and use cash... never use a card!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Made a purchase for my daughter at their store in Altamonte Mall. Asked if I wanted to join their rewards club, I was assured it did not cost anything, I didn't want to pay for anything additional. Lo and behold, my credit card starting getting charged a membership fee and magazine subscriptions, which were not authorized. If you ever buy anything at this store using a credit or debit card you need to pay close attention to fraudulent charges for many months or years, the last time we shopped at this store was 6 months ago.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

When purchasing a few items last Christmas from F.Y.E., I was signed up for 3 "free" magazine subscriptions. I cancelled all of them, so I thought. I saw a statement today with a magazine I didn't sign up for, charging me for something I didn't ask for or sign up for. I called the toll free number, sure enough they've had me signed up and charged since December. This was outright fraud and deception.

Original review: July 17, 2017

My daughter's credit card information was taken without her permission, she was offer the backstage pass, she specifically asked if there was any charge for it, they said "NO", she got the papers but never finished the registration process, she made a purchase that same day on the store, and they took her credit card information from that purchase. It didn't happen just to my daughter. It has happen to some of her friends too, and the moms had to get involve to get their money back. They charged my daughter from December 2016 to July, twice in May, they offered to return only 4 payments. I had to speak with a supervisor to get all the payments return to her. Shame on this company, this is stealing and lying, it's a big company shame on them. I will never buy from them again and so is my daughter and her friends. It's not the only company to buy stuff. Don't be fooled and don't trust this company.

f.y.e. Company Information