1.00/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

89 f.y.e. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Rip off nonrefundable membership. Same issue as the hundreds already listed on this site... Just wanted to add to the masses to make myself feel better. What a scam. It stinks that there is not any sort of recourse and they will continue to rip off innocent people...

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Before Christmas time I stopped into FYE to pick up a quick Christmas gift. At the register I was promoted to sign up for the backstage rewards program, which I respectfully declined. The cashier insisted that it was free and all she needed was my email. Well long story short I have been charged TWICE for this “free” rewards program to my card.

When I called customer service, I spoke with Tony, and when I said I wanted to cancel, they proceeded to give me all the details of the program and said they would keep the membership active and would drop the payment to $4.99. I said, "You aren’t understanding. I would just like to cancel because I don’t use it, nor do I shop at fye." She rudely and too quickly for me to write down gave me a confirmation number and hung up.

I called back and spoke to a representative name Mark that gave me a confirmation number. When I asked about a refund for this month as I was just charged today and have never used the pass. He rudely said, "We don’t give refunds" and hung up. Not only did I experience terrible customer service but I was also lied to/tricked into something I would be charged for that I was told was free. Absolutely disgraceful fye! Will never shop here again.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

In store (Ocala, FL) I was pushed at checkout until I signed up for this rewards card - the cashier would not complete check out for over 5 mins. I was told that it would be easy to cancel by phone. I tried to cancel by phone because for some reason I could not log in to the website (even though I completed registration). I requested a new password and username multiple times from the web form and I never received a link to reset it. Called the 877 number and was on the phone for over 10 mins because the customer service rep simply REFUSED to cancel my card. He said he could lower my price to $4.99/month and to have a nice day - he was hanging up! I asked him at least 5 times to just cancel the card.

The final time he immediately told me it was done and gave me a "cancellation number" which was suspicious because he started reading the number immediately while I was speaking. I asked to make sure I would get a confirmation email of the cancellation and he mumbled something and hung up. Later, I was finally able to access my online account (on my own, because they didn't help) and the account was never cancelled. I was able to cancel it online under the Account page, and I got a cancellation email a couple of minutes later. Ridiculous experience overall!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I did some last minute holiday shopping at f.y.e. in December 2018. When I paid I was presented with a discount program called Backstage Pass, I said sure and gave the retail associate my email address and that’s it. I never authorized they use my debit card for future transactions, nor was it explained to me I was being signed up for an $11.99 a month membership. Well lo and behold, that’s exactly what happened. When I called customer service the lady whom I spoke to cancelled my membership, but then told me they would not refund me my money because I had agreed in the store to the terms and conditions. I had argue with her about how I was essentially lied to in order to get my money back.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I was offered the FYE Backstage Pass VIP on October 8, 2018 while making a purchase. I remember the sales associate giving me information on the “Backstage Pass”, but I don’t recall authorizing a monthly charge to my credit card. It was presented to me like a discount card which I said yes to, but I did not authorize them to charge my credit card $11.99 per month. All I did was give them my email address and sign the receipt for the purchase of items from their store. I was charged for the Backstage Pass on 11/9/18, 12/10/18, and 1/9/19. I just discovered today that my credit card has been charged by FYE for the last 3 months. When I went to their web-site to see if I activated anything, I had NOT, AND I never signed up.

I just activated my account today in order to CANCEL these charges. The credit card they charged is the same credit card I used on 10/8 to make the purchase at FYE. Since this appears to be an UNAUTHORIZED transaction, I have asked for a refund of the 3 charges to my credit card. Also, when I activated my account today, I noticed there is not a credit card number stored on the account. I sent an email this evening since their customer service number is open Monday-Friday and not on the weekend. This is a very deceitful way of doing business. I am very disappointed in this company and will never shop here again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about f.y.e.?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

My husband found a cd he has been wanting. It claimed to ship in 2 to 4 weeks on FYE's website. So we ordered it online. And then we waited. And waited. The 2 weeks went by. We chalked it up to maybe the holidays got in the way. After the holidays, still nothing. We checked online. It still says "In Progress". So I contacted customer service which claims 2 business days to respond. A week later I get a cookie cutter response from a "Jenn" claiming the item was on back order due to a special availability listed on the product page when placing this order.

LIE. There is no such listing claiming it was on back order. In fact, I went back to the cd and checked every single word and nothing claimed that it was not in stock. If it wasn't in stock it shouldn't be for sale in the first place but that's just me. So I asked "Jenn" if she could cancel our order. She responded within a few minutes and said she's sorry for any inconvenience but once an order is "in progress" there is no canceling it. But that I could return it once I receive it. So I find it in bad taste to sell something online without letting it be known it's not in stock in the first place. I also find the customer service severely lacking. If something hasn't been shipped, why can't you just cancel it. I ordered it on Amazon. I'll get it in 2 days. Thank you, Amazon. I will not order from this company ever again.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I am a college student paying tuition and books out of pocket. My job is working remote as a training manager for hotel call centers. When buying my sister a gift at the Town East location last July the store clerk offered a discount if I provided my email for a Rewards Membership. Wow - great marketing! Fast forward to today I realize they have charged me $11.99 per month. I check my emails, no receipts or statements of the transactions. I call the support line and spoke to an agent by the name of Serena/Selena and explain that I haven't even used the membership since the first purchase!

Agent Selena/Serena, scoring big points on her calibration grade, tried to sell me the membership I was blinding paying for. It took my knowledge of call center operations to finally get a refund of the last month. I hope her call is reviewed and a training opportunity is sent for conversation collision. As far as the storefront goes, do not trust the employees. They probably get an incentive so of course the fee is left in the fine print. I could have bought my Marketing Fundamentals textbook with the profit they made from me. You have been warned my friends.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I shop at f.y.e. maybe once a year. When I checked out cashier asked if I wanted a rewards card. I asked what it was and she said it was free and like a supermarket card. I said okay and ended up with a 11.99 charge a month later on my charge card. What a dirty way of stealing from people. Beware of shopping there. I won't ever shop there again and will tell everyone I know about this.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I have major issues with this order and needless to say I will absolutely never do business with the company again as result. My order was split in two shipments, one on tracking was sent back to f.y.e. as delivered god knows why. The other has been sitting on USPS accepted since the day after I put in the order. ALSO I never received a refund for the item that was out of stock on my order. I need a refund for the canceled item. I need either a refund for the shipment sent back to you or that order reconciled. And I need an explanation as to why the second shipment is still sitting in accepted. Ordering gifts on Cyber Monday and after Christmas still fighting your "customer service" for resolution.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

My wife stopped in to pick up a couple of movies for Christmas. A simple purchase, right? Should be uneventful. At the register she was asked if she wanted to sign up for the rewards program. She declined. The woman persisted. She declined. The woman said, "Oh, it's free; it's like a Kroger card." BS. In trust, she finally just says fine so she can leave the store. The next thing she knows, my wife was signed up for some subscription rewards plan at FYE with a $12 monthly fee? No. She called customer service to cancel and was given some BS about 10-50% off going to the movies, eating out, shopping if we just send in our receipts?

She was FINALLY able to get out of it, thankfully. This is absolutely DETESTABLE business practice. Their business model is to sucker people into a monthly payment plan and live off the passive income... Must be some incentive for employees to push the program... For everyone that figures out a way to cancel, two won't notice the money is coming out every month. It makes me sick. I will NEVER shop at FYE again and will bring this experience up any chance I get.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I wanted to order a 6 in 1 turntable from this shop, and though it was considerably more expensive than other sites, I thought I'd give it a try. It turns out, at checkout, that the shipping cost for the $120 turntable was $112! After researching, I discovered that they ship $5 per pound, which is atrocious for some of their heavier items. All things considered, there are a million other places you can buy items like these, with half the concern and cost.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I NEVER write reviews, even when I have bad experiences, but this one is just getting out of control. I go into F.Y.E to buy a little $6 keychain and the cashier is a little pushy about getting me to sign up for the backstage pass. I agree to sign up because it's free, and because I work in customer service and know signing up people helps the employee out as well.

Like everyone else here, I forget all about it and end up getting charged $12 a couple of months later. I try to log into my Backstage Pass account but for some reason the site wouldn't find my account so I end up emailing customer service to cancel my account. They respond to me very quickly, cancel my account, and refund me the $12. I was very grateful for this.

FAST FORWARD TO TODAY, I check my account, and see an odd charge for $23 from a company I don't recognize. I google the phone number from the charge, and I pull up a page where people are saying thats it's not F.Y.E. but a magazine company linked to the backstage pass. I go to a link someone mentioned, and cancel the magazine subscription there.

I am so annoyed because I had to go out of my way to cancel all of these charges popping up. It's really unfortunate that they don't tell you what you're ACTUALLY getting into when you sign up for this pass. It's not the cashier's fault, heck, it's probably not the manager's fault either. The company is being greedy when it doesn't have to be. I love F.Y.E because it has exclusive items that other stores don't have, but how can it compete when it is low key scamming its customers like this? I'm sorry but I will never shop at F.Y.E again until this pass is gone.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Cashier asked if I wanted to sign up for free rewards card. I have a rewards card for almost every store and thought nothing of it. After I signed up the cashier said I could cancel in 30 days. Red flags! Then she tried to get me to sign up for free magazines. I questioned this, as they were expensive magazines. She said, "Well, free for 3 months then you pay for the subscription." I told her no. I immediately went home and tried to cancel, the call center is in India and was told I can't cancel. She said it was because I was a new member. Working on canceling now and will cancel debit card. The cost is $12.00 a month for this membership! Say no, no, no and only use cash when paying at FYE!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

On October 14, 2018, I placed an order for a tote bag. I selected and paid $15 for expedited shipping. I was never informed that this product was not in stock. Instead, FYE indicated that this would arrive by October 21, 2018 if I selected expedited shipping. As of today, nothing has even shipped. I have contacted FYE on several occasions asking when this will ship. They cannot provide me any confirmation on when this will ship. Therefore I asked for the order to be cancelled. They said they cannot cancel but I can request a refund after this ships and I send it back. If I go this route, I will be out for the $15 expedited shipping plus the return shipping. This is false advertising. FYE should state that this product is not in stock. Additionally, they should not provide a date it will be received by if you pay for expedited shipping.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I placed an order more than 10 days ago, not yet received, and the chatbot from the customer service email will NOT give me any information about where the order is. Just re-sends the link to their shipment order timeline page. I paid for expediting, right now I've no goods, paid for services, and cannot get a person to respond to me! I tried to complain via BBB, but I am not sure how to point it to an online store. This is just beyond frustrating. I'm a young kid, I don't have money to burn. I just wanted to get something cool and nice, I wanted to have a cool Halloween.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Check your credit card statement. They list the cancellation number in the detail information. They won’t do a refund and it’s your word against theirs. They apparently explained everything about the charges when I signed up... with a growing checkout line. Store owners are used to angry calls... just part of the job. Good luck trying to get a back payment... I tried, they wouldn’t work with me even though I never used the benefit card that probably went out in the trash with my purchase receipt.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Placed an order for an item that was listed "In Stock" and paid extra for expedited shipping (4-7 day delivery) and then a week later they haven't even shipped the item. They have refused to refund and don't seem to want to give me any info on when the shipping will actually occur. Normally not a huge deal, but this was a gift.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Paid $25 for rush delivery, but 5 days later item hasn’t even been sent to USPS to begin shipping (supposed to be delivered to me in 4 days). Now FYE “customer service” says they cannot change or cancel an order once it is “in process.” Guess “in process” means once they have your money, NOT that they’ve actually done anything like delivering the product as promised. SCAM ARTISTS, stay away!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

So annoyingly enough they sign you up for a magazine subscription that once again I was never told about and they make the cancellation process drawn out and I believe something needs to be done. I don’t know if you need to train your staff to explain all the charges and what the membership really is instead of getting as many people to sign up as possible and not telling them all the major details like, "I don’t know we sign you up for things you don’t want and charge you twice for a fee you didn’t know about."

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I was very displeased with my encounter with f.y.e. when signing up for the membership. I was told it was free then I started to notice I was getting billed and they told me it was taken out monthly. I called to ask about this and was told when I wanted to cancel I would get a refund which I didn't get because they "can't do that".

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I got the backstage pass because my cashier insisted I get it but never told me it charges every so often, not even once a month. Just random. And I called to cancel it back in December because I saw that it started charging me. They WOULD NOT let me cancel my account. They kept insisting that I keep it and they even lowered the price so I would keep it and I kept telling them that I just wanted it canceled and then the guy promised me that after the payment went through in January I’ll never be charged again. It’s now end of August and I got on my bank account and noticed that I got charged again. So I called as soon as I could to see what was up.

Again the same thing. The lady was insisting as hard as she could that I keep it and asked me for my reasoning for canceling and I said that I wanted it canceled because I never go shopping there and I was never informed that I would get charged. She then basically told me that they aren’t letting people canceling their membership because they are “on a tight budget”. So after a good 20 mins with repeating myself that I wanted it canceled she finally “canceled” it for me. Now I don’t know if it’s true because that’s what the first guy told me when I first tried to cancel. So def do not get the membership unless you want to be scammed.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I was totally scammed by f.y.e... when checking out I was offered a 10% discount on that day's purchase and discounts on many things and places listed on the brochure. At that time I never picked out or purchased any magazines... just the CD I bought. After getting home I looked at the brochure and realized that I would never use the backstage pass discount card and immediately called and cancelled it. I cancelled it the 30th of May and figured I had taken care of it. When I went online to check my credit card account the 3rd of July I find a charge for $83.50 for magazines.

I immediately called my credit card company and disputed the charges... after realizing that I had not used my card for any purchases with automatic billing I traced it back to FYE. Upon calling them they put me through 3 different people who told me that it would be investigated and my money refunded. I still don't have my money back as of today...called FYE and was given another number to call for magazine information...Guess what. NO RECORD of them ever billing my credit card. At this point I am furious and will not rest till I get my money back.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I order a shirt on this website. The shirt was from The Office. It had Stanley face on it from The Office saying, "Did you stutter." My first issues is it took over 2 weeks to be delivered. My 2nd issue is the shirt was 15.99 after shipping fees it was 21.19 cents. The first time I wash the shirt Stanley face almost complete fades off. I paid 21.19 cents for this shirt. I just ordered it. It got to my house August 5th. I wore it and today is August 9th. Half of Stanley face is faded off my shirt. Did not even have this shirt for a week. Wore it once and the face on the shirt is fading away. I recommend that people dont waste over 20 dollars on a shirt that you wear once and the face and the words fade away.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Was deceived into signing up for their loyalty program (VIP backstage). Was offered 10% off my purchase that day. Was told was like supermarket rewards card. No credit card and doesn’t cost anything. Got home and read brochure it’s 11.99 after 2nd month. Called immediately to cancel. Spoke to their office of president at F.Y.E. VIP program. Since reg rep would not send me something in writing verifying my cancellation. Was told they don’t train their employees like that. After reading others' reviews of similar incident I’m surprised they aren’t fined. Very upset at F.Y.E.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I always thought FYE was an ok store to buy stuff at. I will never shop there again after what I just went through. They tell you that signing up for a backstage pass is free and doesn't cost money. Then they automatically sign you up for a magazine subscription that you have to cancel separately from the backstage pass (which they never mentioned). The employee in the store flat out lied to me about this and when I contacted customer service they said they had nothing to do with the magazines. They hustled me out of money with their little scam.

Original review: June 27, 2018

FYE Backstage Pass - I am amazed at how many people have been deceived by that 10% discount they offer at this company. Had I just said no...then I wouldn't have been on the phone today demanding back the $144 they took out of my account. It slipped by for over a year and I cannot believe I didn't notice until just last month. Guess I looked at the right time. The employees are taught to lie and that's a BAD way to do business. Eventually FYE will have none if this keeps up.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I walked into my local FYE and was asked if I wanted to sign up for a free trial. I was told it would grant me 10% off on my purchases in the store in the future if I created an account, so I did. What they didn't tell me was that they charge you at random for the FYE VIP membership even if you never asked for it. I created my account with FYE over 2 months ago and I randomly got a $11.99 Fee for this "membership" that I never signed up for.

After realizing I had been blatantly stolen from, I followed the charge back to its origin and found out that FYE has a common practice of doing this to their customers who create accounts, you're automatically entered into a "free trial period" which then if you don't cancel (and you won't because you weren't informed about it costing money) they'll randomly charge your card you used at the local store a membership fee. I had made a $16 purchase back in April over 2 months ago, yet I was not charged in the following month of May, but randomly charged the $11.99 Membership Fee that I did not sign up for, on June 18th for no reason.

I'm confused why these FYE scammers are allowed to do business. Why are people allowed to backstab their customers by ** them into "hey if you create an account with us, you'll get 10% off all purchases in the future!" when the truth is, the moment you say "Okay!" they add you onto the trial membership and charge your card you use on a monthly basis without your consent, this is fraud and should be vetted out thoroughly and all money stolen from customers should be returned. For your own privacy and money, don't do business with these ** artists.

Original review: June 18, 2018

This is a perfect example for a huge site, which claims to have stuff in stock but certainly does not... I paid overnight shipping and after the order did not arrive I reached out to customer service (Nicole) who gave me a tracking which shows the item never shipped. Nicole now says she needs to "investigate" where the order is (it never shipped!!) before she can refund my order plus the expedited shipping cost - AVOID AT ALL COSTS. I still don't have my money after more than 2 weeks.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Paid them over a week ago to order 3 albums and paid an extra 16.49 for rush shipping which says 2-4 business days. They shipped it media mail which is the slowest cheapest method of shipping and cost approximate 4 and a half bucks. They will NOT refund me for the shipping charges and PayPal sadly says that they don't get involved in the shipping charge aspect. I will NOT do business with them again.

Original review: April 18, 2018

This is the first bad review I have ever written in my life :(. I’m sorry. I feel kinda guilty about writing a bad review but I’m not going to be mean. I will be nice :). Fye backstage pass took advantage of a girl like me. Checking out at fye I thought I was getting a rewards card. The clerk never told me it was a free trial and I would actually get charged! I was rushed through it all. Never told any info about how my card was being sent out to these two companies and the next few days I have these weird charges for these magazines and stuff!

Getting this was super easy getting rid of this and I the charges was really hard. The person first on the phone lied and said I wasn’t charged and then tried to trick me into keeping it but I was strong and I told him no! I don’t want the charge. I don’t want this. This is the most slimy deceiving thing! Young people mostly shop at fye and the goal for this is tricking people into thinking it’s a rewards card rushing them to sign and then taking their money and then when you call they will do anything to keep the money and then confuse you.

Fye I swear to goodness this is the most greedy thing ever, you never told me this was going to happen! I thought it was a rewards card! Fye shame on you! I am so young and poor and I can’t afford to put up with this! Shame on you. Shame on whoever created this because they know it’s a trick. They know this is what is going to happen to young kids. Shame.

f.y.e. Company Information