1.1/5 (110 ratings)

About f.y.e.

f.y.e. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about f.y.e.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about f.y.e.?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

I purchased a Scarface 4k Ultra HD movie set for my husband and only received 2 discs when in the images for the set it shows 3 discs and a statue of The World Is Yours just like in movie. I would not have paid $27 for just a movie I could of ordered on Amazon for 1/3 of that price. I have emailed FYE several times and have not received any response. Highly dissatisfied. Will never order from them again.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS COMPANY. Find somewhere else that can provide what you want. I ordered something for my son on 9/23. I've patiently waited for days with no package. I had it delivered to the office because, I wouldn't get it at home. I see FedEx, UPS and the post office daily. Last night I emailed customer service regarding this. This morning I get an email back stating that "I'm sorry but the Child's play Chucky stripes T-shirt you ordered was listed as available, when it was actually not in stock." They didn't charge me but to seriously not notify the customer the item wasn't in stock until almost 3 weeks later is poor customer service. It took me to contact them to get an answer. My son has a costume party on 26th and now I've got to go find another shirt. DO NOT DO SERVICE WITH FYE!!!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Went to an FYE in a mall near me and was persuaded to join the FYE backstage pass (their membership program) for 10% off my order. Was not at all told that it would cost anything and the cashier told me to pick up to 3 magazines to receive, so I did. After I left I took a look at the card and info I received with it and saw it would cost $12 a month after a trial period. I immediately called and was told I wasn’t allowed to deactivate it until it was activated for a 72 hour period. I forgot about it and was charged the following month. I called again and the gave me a refund. Now, a month later, I was charged $25 for the magazines that should have been canceled when I cancelled the membership. I do NOT recommend this membership. Don’t let the cashiers persuade you, no matter how good it seems at the time.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I bought two sets of Marvel Blu Rays from FYE's online store. It has been a week and the items have not shipped yet. Despite the fact that they have not shipped, and that they haven't charged my card, I am being told there is no way to stop an order In Progress. If an order is In Stock, how has it taken over a week to ship? Why can't anyone from customer service tell me WHEN my order is going to ship? How are they unable to cancel or issue a return on an order that hasn't been sent to me yet?

This entire company just seems like a scam. It doesn't matter what their Terms and Conditions say - you cannot lie outright to customers about shipping times and orders being in stock. I have notified my bank that FYE does not have permission to charge my card. I have contacted a lawyer and will have him send FYE a letter to cancel my order. I have sent numerous emails to their customer service without any response.

Their terms even state that some orders get delayed and won't ship for 2-5 business days. Well, it's been more than that and my "in stock" Blu Rays haven't been shipped to me. What a sham of a business. I should have read the countless negative reviews before ordering from them. Do yourself a favor and pay a little more elsewhere to get peace of mind and quality customer service.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I agreed to sign up for this service, on a visit to one of their locations. It sounded good, and at the time, could see how some people could benefit. Within a week, I wanted to take advantage of the movie credit part of it. The site gave me so much **, so I eventually had to call in, and talk to someone. That is not anything I EVER WANT TO DO. But she seemed to help me for the moment. I went on and put in my movie theater ticket info. That was 3 weeks ago. Not sure how long it's supposed to take to receive anything, but, whatever. I want to cancel this service now, and I am having the same issue I had initially. Despite that the site is showing my name in the top right, when I try to do anything on the site, it tells me to log in. I know my login info, but it's NOT working. DO NOT BUY INTO THIS SERVICE! Either the site is extremely faulty, or it's an intentional attempt to scam people. I'm pissed that I have to call about cancelling.

Original review: July 13, 2019

I signed up for backstage pass membership and soon after tried canceling, as it was costing $12/month for something I wasn’t even using. After I requested to cancel the membership, I was still being charged monthly. I tried disputing this with f.y.e customer service, who claimed that they could not reimburse me due to their terms and conditions. Yet they manage to get away with charging my bank each month after I requested them to stop and cancel the membership. You'll get ripped off and robbed money from your bank account. Don’t sign up!!

Original review: April 23, 2019

On 4-6-19 I ordered several movies from FYE.com. 2 weeks later I still had not received the movies. I sent an email inquiring as to why. They told me "Unfortunately there was a system error that caused this order to be cancelled at this time". I responded saying they were a gift for my child's birthday and still wanted the movies. Then they changed their response and blamed me saying "this order was cancelled due to a glitch in your billing address." There is nothing wrong with my billing address. As a business owner myself, it does not matter who is to blame. All I want to do is apologize and make things right so you will continue to do business with me. All they want to do is pass the blame. Now my child's birthday present will be late. They made no attempt to get me the movies. They just wanted to blame me. I wish I had read the reviews before trying to do business with them!

Original review: April 22, 2019

Shady Point #1: Was asked if I wanted to be a member to save money, but was not told that it would cost me. After I already signed up, I noticed that I will start to be charged after a 1 month trial period of $11.99 per month. I created an account in their app and decided the discounts and coupons weren't for me and not worth it so I decided to cancel. Shady Point #2: Trying to log in to my account online didn't work. I was sure I had the correct password but it wouldn't log me in. So I tried the "forgot password" feature but that doesn't work either. It just loops me back to the login screen without sending any email or way for me to reset my password.

Shady Point #3: Calling them to cancel brought me to a live person pretty quickly, which was nice, but they did try to convince me to stay a member. Even reducing the monthly cost to $4.95 a month but I just wanted to cancel. The person said they understand and that they have now cancelled my membership. However, since then, I have not received any kind of email confirmation that my account has successfully been cancelled. I have a strong feeling that my account wasn't actually cancelled and I will be charged later in the month. The Takeaway: Just do not bother with this membership as it will cost you more in time and money than it will ever save you.

Original review: April 18, 2019

BIGGEST SCAM EVER!! DON'T SHOP AT F.Y.E!!! I bought my daughter a sweatshirt from f.y.e. and was told by the cashier I could save 10% off my purchase by signing up for their "free" Backstage Pass VIP program. She told me I could cancel it if I wasn't using it enough but never informed me of any charges or that they would use the card you used in store. I thought it was similar to other programs other stores offer for free but a month later I started receiving tons of magazines in the mail (not uncommon as I receive a lot of junk mail usually) but a month later noticed over $100 in various charges out of my checking account.

I called the numbers associated with the charges on my bank statement and found out that f.y.e signs you up for 3 different magazine subscriptions plus $11.99 a month for their "free" VIP club. I had to call 3 different numbers to get everything canceled and was told I would receive a refund in 3-5 days (we will see). I also had to canceled my card for my bank because they tried to charge me an additional 11 times the morning before I called to cancel (I moved my money into another account while I await another card). This is shady business practices all the way around. I'm wary to sign up for any other "saver" cards because of this experience and will never be shopping at f.y.e again!

Original review: April 4, 2019

I made a simple $4 purchase at at f.y.e. at East Brunswick Square Mall, and the clerk asked me to sign up for a "free" program to get discounts. I canceled it prior to the 30-day trial expiration, yet they gave my credit card number to magazine subscription company and I received $113 of unauthorized charges. What is worse, the number associated with the subscription will not allow you to cancel without signing you up for yet another scam. There needs to be a massive class-action lawsuit against f.y.e. to shut down this criminal fraud.

f.y.e. Company Information