Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.07/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

f.y.e. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about f.y.e.?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about f.y.e.?

Original review: July 19, 2019

I agreed to sign up for this service, on a visit to one of their locations. It sounded good, and at the time, could see how some people could benefit. Within a week, I wanted to take advantage of the movie credit part of it. The site gave me so much **, so I eventually had to call in, and talk to someone. That is not anything I EVER WANT TO DO. But she seemed to help me for the moment. I went on and put in my movie theater ticket info. That was 3 weeks ago. Not sure how long it's supposed to take to receive anything, but, whatever. I want to cancel this service now, and I am having the same issue I had initially. Despite that the site is showing my name in the top right, when I try to do anything on the site, it tells me to log in. I know my login info, but it's NOT working. DO NOT BUY INTO THIS SERVICE! Either the site is extremely faulty, or it's an intentional attempt to scam people. I'm pissed that I have to call about cancelling.

Original review: July 13, 2019

I signed up for backstage pass membership and soon after tried canceling, as it was costing $12/month for something I wasn’t even using. After I requested to cancel the membership, I was still being charged monthly. I tried disputing this with f.y.e customer service, who claimed that they could not reimburse me due to their terms and conditions. Yet they manage to get away with charging my bank each month after I requested them to stop and cancel the membership. You'll get ripped off and robbed money from your bank account. Don’t sign up!!

Original review: April 23, 2019

On 4-6-19 I ordered several movies from FYE.com. 2 weeks later I still had not received the movies. I sent an email inquiring as to why. They told me "Unfortunately there was a system error that caused this order to be cancelled at this time". I responded saying they were a gift for my child's birthday and still wanted the movies. Then they changed their response and blamed me saying "this order was cancelled due to a glitch in your billing address." There is nothing wrong with my billing address. As a business owner myself, it does not matter who is to blame. All I want to do is apologize and make things right so you will continue to do business with me. All they want to do is pass the blame. Now my child's birthday present will be late. They made no attempt to get me the movies. They just wanted to blame me. I wish I had read the reviews before trying to do business with them!

Original review: April 22, 2019

Shady Point #1: Was asked if I wanted to be a member to save money, but was not told that it would cost me. After I already signed up, I noticed that I will start to be charged after a 1 month trial period of $11.99 per month. I created an account in their app and decided the discounts and coupons weren't for me and not worth it so I decided to cancel. Shady Point #2: Trying to log in to my account online didn't work. I was sure I had the correct password but it wouldn't log me in. So I tried the "forgot password" feature but that doesn't work either. It just loops me back to the login screen without sending any email or way for me to reset my password.

Shady Point #3: Calling them to cancel brought me to a live person pretty quickly, which was nice, but they did try to convince me to stay a member. Even reducing the monthly cost to $4.95 a month but I just wanted to cancel. The person said they understand and that they have now cancelled my membership. However, since then, I have not received any kind of email confirmation that my account has successfully been cancelled. I have a strong feeling that my account wasn't actually cancelled and I will be charged later in the month. The Takeaway: Just do not bother with this membership as it will cost you more in time and money than it will ever save you.

Original review: April 18, 2019

BIGGEST SCAM EVER!! DON'T SHOP AT F.Y.E!!! I bought my daughter a sweatshirt from f.y.e. and was told by the cashier I could save 10% off my purchase by signing up for their "free" Backstage Pass VIP program. She told me I could cancel it if I wasn't using it enough but never informed me of any charges or that they would use the card you used in store. I thought it was similar to other programs other stores offer for free but a month later I started receiving tons of magazines in the mail (not uncommon as I receive a lot of junk mail usually) but a month later noticed over $100 in various charges out of my checking account.

I called the numbers associated with the charges on my bank statement and found out that f.y.e signs you up for 3 different magazine subscriptions plus $11.99 a month for their "free" VIP club. I had to call 3 different numbers to get everything canceled and was told I would receive a refund in 3-5 days (we will see). I also had to canceled my card for my bank because they tried to charge me an additional 11 times the morning before I called to cancel (I moved my money into another account while I await another card). This is shady business practices all the way around. I'm wary to sign up for any other "saver" cards because of this experience and will never be shopping at f.y.e again!

Original review: April 4, 2019

I made a simple $4 purchase at at f.y.e. at East Brunswick Square Mall, and the clerk asked me to sign up for a "free" program to get discounts. I canceled it prior to the 30-day trial expiration, yet they gave my credit card number to magazine subscription company and I received $113 of unauthorized charges. What is worse, the number associated with the subscription will not allow you to cancel without signing you up for yet another scam. There needs to be a massive class-action lawsuit against f.y.e. to shut down this criminal fraud.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Asked at checkout if I wanted to sign up for FYE VIP (thinking it was free). Only after I signed up was I told by the cashier that there would be a fee after a 30 day free trial (I admit that it's my fault for being so gullible). Anyway, was told if I wanted to cancel to just call the customer service number (she made it sound so easy). Of course when I called, I had to speak to an actual customer service Rep to do so. I told the Rep that I wanted to cancel and he went on and on about how great of a program it was. At the end of this speech, he ended with, "So let's keep your membership for now, okay?" Excuse me? Do they think I'm that dumb to be like, "Oh, okay sure!" I wanted to cancel right there and then and that was that.

After I repeated to him that I wanted to cancel, he quickly gave me a cancellation confirmation code, which I missed, (I was multi-tasking at work) but figured I would get an email confirmation, which of course I didn't. After reading these reviews I realized I had better get that confirmation code because it sounds like they are going to charge my account anyway. I called again, asking for an email confirmation and I was told they do not have the resources to do so (which is laughable) and that I could get a paper one instead through the mail. I said that was fine, and I would like my confirmation code again, and they gave it to me, which was surprising. I was also assured that my account will not be charged. We will see about that.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Like many others here, I was STRONGLY persuaded to join this club when I bought a gift for my husband at FYE. I initially declined, but the cashier went on and on about how it's totally FREE with no obligation. She said it was just like a savings club (like the ones grocery stores have). There was a line waiting behind me, so I said "fine."

A month later, lo and behold, a $12 charge shows up from FYE. I call, and the CS rep proceeds to try and sell me magazines, change my subscription to a different one, basically everything except address the reason I called. I told her I felt really tricked and taken advantage of. She didn't even acknowledge anything I said, and just kept trying to sell me more stuff. After I finally had to be borderline rude (which I hate!!) to get her to stop trying to sell me things and just cancel my subscription, she reluctantly said she would cancel it. I was out the money, but glad to have at least cancelled the subscription.

Today, I got another $12 charge (which will likely overdraft my account). I immediately called and they CS rep again tried to tell me how great the subscription is and told me it was silly of me to cancel since it's such a wonderful thing to have access to all the savings, etc. I again had to be semi-rude to get him to stop and actually listen to me. He finally agreed to cancel my account and said he'd try to get the charge refunded to me - but that it would take 7 days.

This is horrible and predatory. I will never, ever set foot in an FYE store again and regret ever stopping by. I'll tell everyone I know not to go there either. I hope they are held accountable for this at some point. This is so unscrupulous. I hope someone sees this before they get caught in FYE's trap and it saves them the grief (and the overdraft charges).

Original review: March 27, 2019

I would to first thank f.y.e. for taking all but $20 of my money, second I would thank them again for not buying me dinner first.. I had troubleshooting problems purchasing 2 items and they charged me at least 5 times for those 2 items and now they won't answer their phones. These gifts weren't meant to rob my entire account. Thank you again f.y.e., I hope you are met with an end because you deserve that.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I was told that in order to cancel, we had to call the customer service number. I did so 2 weeks ago and received a confirmation number. Today I noticed that my bank statement showed f.y.e. had still charged my account. I called again to see what happened and the rep I spoke to Charity, told me that there was no record of such phone call on my account... but told me that the account was now closed and I would be credited my money back. Thankful, I still asked what happened on their end that would've caused a malfunction and she got an attitude with me and said "I've closed your account, what do you want me to do!? We record our calls and there's nothing under your name... You must've called another number because there's nothing here. Your account is closed and you'll get your money back, so what do you want!?"

Excuse me!?!?! I want for the system to not malfunction to the point where I have already gone through this process, to not have it happen again. Definitely not your attitude or telling me that I must've called another number to close ANOTHER account, when this is the ONLY f.y.e. account I've ever had. Absolutely uncalled for.

f.y.e. Company Information