Funai TV

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Funai TV

Quit paying for costly home repairs

190 Funai TV Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

My TV is about 2 years old and it just stopped working. It will get part of a pic for about 2 seconds and then it will go off. I am very dissatisfied and have 2 very unhappy children. What can be done about getting it repaired or replaced? My husband and I are both on Social Security and we can't go out and buy a new TV every 2 years because of poor workmanship. Is this why Walmart sells these on Black Friday, because they are cheap and won't last. I would think really hard before I consider another TV made by them. I would appreciate some feedback on this problem. I need a TV for these kids and when you buy one, you expect it to last more than a couple of years.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I bought this tv from Walmart during Black Friday 2013 and up to today (almost 2019 at this point) I have had absolutely zero problems with it. I have used this tv VERY heavily to play video games for 5 years and it was worth the money 20x over. I have read through the reviews and it blows my mind how many people are having problems with this tv all the while I have had NONE. So glad I bought this! Not planning to even get a new tv anytime soon!

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2018

For a value oriented 32 in tv, it has the basic amenities. I've had this tv for almost 5 years and it still works great. 3 HDMI ports and 1 USB port. It also has an 3mm port for headsets or aftermarket speakers.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Hi there everyone. Please read this review carefully. I had bought a 32" Sanyo HDTV around November 2016 from Walmart in Manning South Carolina. Towards the end of May 2017. My TV wouldn't come on by the remote. I had to push the button on the TV for it to work then it got worse. It would change channels on its own and I would mess with the buttons for it to stop. Hopefully on the right channel and at least the volume stayed at a decent volume. I called Sanyo customer service. Known as Funai Corporation. I was helped through trying to fix it and it made it worse. So I was told I had to ship it to them. They (Funai corporation) provided me the shipping label thru my email. I had boxed it up put the shipping label on it and shipped it out on June 3rd from South Carolina to Utah. I was told it will take up to 15 to 20 for it to be repaired or replaced with a remanufactured TV.

I was like okay. Well I had emailed Sanyo customer service on June 5th the day they received it. I waited over two weeks and nothing so from this time I had emailed them almost every week for almost 2 months with one call to Sanyo customer service. And was told my TV was unrepairable and that since I had to wait so long and because they didn't have a replacement tv that was a 32" that they was going to upgrade it to a 40" and I was like "Great. Thank you" because at this point it was over a month. I believe it was on July 7th 2017 when I was talking with them the second time on the phone and I told thank you and then she (the customer service representative) said it will take another 15 to 20. I'm like "OMG. Why so long?" Well she didn't into that. I said, "Okay. Well thank you." And she shared me my confirmation number basically the reference number.

And we were done on the well 2 weeks went by again. I emailed them again and was told they knew my frustrations and would have my TV shipped that weeks which was around July 20th 2017 and I waited and waited and nothing. I emailed them again and was told they're working in it. Well on August 11th I believe I texted a message from FedEx I had a package coming. Well I was never told when it coming or how. Then late Saturday on August 13th 2017 there was a note from FedEx that they had my package and that they missed me and would ship it on the next delivery date which was Tuesday because of the home delivery service they offer was only for Tuesday and Saturday.

I had to take my day off from work on August 16th 2017 and wait for the FedEx truck to show up with my package. Which I didn't mind because I had to maintain my yard and cut the and do some repairs on my home. Well around 2pm that afternoon FedEx showed up with my TV. Well I just brought the package inside and just finished up with what I had already started on for my home repairs. I got done around 9pm that evening and came inside and relaxed for a few so roughly around 9:30 pm I opened the box carefully pulled the tv out of the with all the tough bubble wrap and laid it down, removed the wrap and plastic. Pick it up and it didn't look right from the glare off the screen. There was a blob to the center left of the screen and as I inspected the screen I seen at the top right it looked liked the plastic coming off from the and I saw lines through out the screen. I was very upset and I said it better not be broke.

I plugged it in and smoke began coming from my ears. I grabbed my phone and called Sanyo customer service (Funai corporation). In seconds got a customer service representative on the phone and I told her by name who I was and want happened and she said, "I can send you another one." I said, "Okay. I'm fine with that but the problems are that I have waited over 2 months for a replacement tv from and I'm proud of the upgrade to the 40" but it is broken and used when I sent out my new tv and I furious and very upset." I also said, "I know it wasn't your fault and not your problem. But somebody needs to get fired over this. I don't care if 7 people get fired. I need to speak with your supervisor the CEO or the boss of bosses he or she. I don't care if you have to 3 way your boss at his house."

She said, "Hold one moment please." I said, "Okay. Thank you." About 3 minutes later she gets back on and says, "Sir would you like to speak with the supervisor?" I said "Yes please and thank you." She said, "Please hold. I'll transfer you." About 2 minutes later the supervisor gets on the phone and speak with and I explained absolutely everything I just said before this point and I explained to him this is ridiculous. I've waited over 2 months for this tv and it's broken and I'm very very upset and explained to him I was proud of the upgrade but something has to happen. People responsible needs to be fired. I don't care how many. I was told 15 to 20 days the first go around and now after 2 months I received a broken tv. He asked was the boxed damaged. I said, "No sir. The TV was well packaged in a smaller box that was in a bigger box." There was signs of damage on the box and the TV was well packaged.

He constantly said he was sorry and that he would get right on it and have upper management get to the bottom of this and have an investigation done in the warehouse and find out why it took so long for my replacement tv to be shipped out and find out how it got damage before or while it was in the box. And he would email me a shipping label again so I can ship this broken 40" back to them and he said once they got it he would try to have the other replacement tv expedited to me faster so could have it by the end of next week. I said okay and thank you.

In all my life I have never been so upset with poor customer service. But as I checked my email. Afterwards he already had sent me the email with shipping label from FedEx and another email with different numbers in it as it looked liked they were going to send me 32" instead of the 40" I was promised. Because they didn't have a 32" in stock and because of me having to wait beyond 1 month. I honestly don't think that would be right. Be sent a 40" because the other size was out of stock and because of the long wait and now it's over 2 months and it's going to be 2 and a half months before I can get the next one and I think in this situation the upgraded size should stay at a 40" instead downgrading back to a 32" when I promised a 40" in the first.

If the next tv I get is a 32" I will be highly upset and if that one is broken too I'm going to blow my top and probably have stroke over this because it's so frustrating and it shouldn't be let alone I paid for a new tv and only had for a few months and my replacement is a used refurbished broken tv. I honestly don't think that's right. I would just send a document to the warehouse to grab a 40" 1080 HDTV LED nonsmart tv brand new in the original factory box, have it put in a slightly bigger box, put the expedited FedEx shipping label on it and have it out the door first thing in the morning.

Original review: May 31, 2017

How to make FUNAI tv turn on. Funai LF320FX4F problem -- Push power button on remote or tv - red light flashes 17 times then stays on. Screen stays black. Fix -- I have discovered that if I do this several times a day, sometimes for a week or more the tv will finally come on and will stay on until it is turned off (even if left on 24 hrs a day for weeks) but if you ever turn it off it will often have the same problem again. (Just put the tv on mute when you're not using it). I'm sure this "fix" won't work forever, but it has worked 4 times for me. Unfortunately I keep forgetting and after a week or so I accidentally turn it off or have a power outage which turns it off. If I turn it off and then back on IMMEDIATELY when I realize what I've done it will usually come back on. This tv bought at Walmart Black Friday sale approximately 2 yrs ago.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Funai Electric Co.?

Original review: May 20, 2017

We all have been victimized Funai. The question is what can be done as a whole to resolve this matter. This company makes millions of dollars each year and basically are Crooks. Walmart is in partnership with them so that makes them Crooks as well. I don't know much about law but there's something that has to be done. Too many of the same people have been victim to this fraudulent corrupted companies. If there's anyone who knows how we can take legal action please share because I'm tired of being ripped off.

Original review: May 18, 2017

Like everyone else, I bought this TV during Walmart's Black Friday sale in 2013, so the TV isn't 4 years old yet. I'm having the same problem as everyone else described. Red light going out when hitting the power button, then having to unplug the TV and wait for mins or hours to plug it back in again before the red light comes back on. Sometimes it will then turn on, sometimes It won't. Been fooling with it all day now, so this is one of the times it won't. It almost feels like when you push the power button (Either on the remote or the TV) that it shorts it out.

Original review: March 13, 2017

It's old and screen is small. It's bulky but its quality of channels are great as well as the sounds. If you must get an older tv that is not a flat screen nor compatible with current advances as in computer interfacing, I truly recommend the sv2000. You will love the reception, quality of channels, appearance and the sound is very clear even on louder scales.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

It appears most people have the same complaint about the same tv purchased on Black Friday 2013 that all CONVENIENTLY quit working approx 2 years to the date and right before the 2016 Black Friday. I don't believe it is a coincidence. It seems the company and or companies have created this problem internally so we the consumer would be forced to purchase new. They know we would not repair a $100 tv, paying the fee to repair would be greater than buying new. So we go out Black Friday and buy another tv. Helping Walmart and Funai.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

Turned on my Funai 32" t.v. and only the red light was showing. No sound, no picture. I checked the plug-in, tried to turn it on right from the t.v. and nothing. Plugged it in to wall and nothing. So much for Black Friday specials!!! I only bought it 4 years ago 2013. I see I am not the only one on here through reviews, that has the same issue. UPSET!!!

Funai TV Company Information