2.75/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 10, 2018

37 Element Electronics Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 10, 2018

Element 55in Smart TV Sound: #1 Poor sound quality. #2 Low volume. #3 Variance in volume, when watching shows via Amazon the sound is mediocre at best. When watching TV shows via cable sound is extremely low, even when at max of 100. #4 Can't get the closed caption to work.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I've had my Element 50 inch for 4 years now... outstanding picture and absolutely no problems picture wise. I have never gotten the closed caption to work as it's greyed out and no way to access it. Other than that I would definitely buy another.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: March 4, 2018

We bought this Smart TV because it was cheap. First red flag I guess. I’ve had to unplug it because it won’t unfreeze. The screen has turned green and froze. It has happened at least 10 times in the past 3 months. I’ve also had problems going to Netflix.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I purchased a 55 in flat screen Element tv, about a year or two later the screen went completely black I could hear it but no visible screen. It’s been in my closet collecting dust since then. I called them and of course they were no help and I literally should’ve taken the money and threw it in the garbage. I am completely dissatisfied with this brand I recommend not to purchase unless you don’t care losing money. I even had the warranty and got nowhere. I’ve never seen a company that don’t care about their customers or products. I bought an Olevia brand from Walmart 10 yrs ago and it buried this one. I will never buy anything from them again.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Bought a 60 in. TV brand new and after 3 months the screen went black. I had to send pics to them so they could see it wasn't working. Then they wanted me to ship the TV to them AT MY COST! If it was damaged in shipping it would not be covered. So I had to take a 700 dollar loss. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER ELEMENT PRODUCT AGAIN. I tell everyone to stay away from them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Element Electronics?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Got this TV on Black Friday. Screen was broke when opening. The TV is so delayed. Will freeze and have to unplug. Is discolored and all around terrible. I bought brand new. Contacted them about it and they sent about 35 emails asking for the same photos over and over and over again. Say they were not clear. Saying they needed it again. I sent them the photos but they must have been blind or something. So fast forward 3 months later and they finally will let me ship my TV on my dime. But if it gets even more damaged while being shipped they charge me! And hell no I'm not sending my TV in cause they won’t send me one more than likely. They will keep it and screw me. Very unprofessional. Cheap yes. Cheaply made. Cheap service. All around horrible. I’m pissed. Don’t buy this brand. Just don’t. Don’t support a company that can’t make right something they have done wrong. Don’t support idiots. Because believe me. They gave me a big run around.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

This TV was great for about 2 years. (60in SmartTV) Now all of a sudden, the remote (I thought) wasn’t working. I bought a replacement but lo and behold, it’s the TV! I can’t turn it off/on, change the volume or do anything from the side panel or remote! Wish I would’ve read reviews about this crappy company before I spent hundreds on this TV. And now after reading these other reviews, I know contacting this company is going to be a pain in the butt and pointless. So, I’ll just suck it up and take the loss. I will NEVER buy anything from them again or recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I got a TV as a gift a little less than a year ago. All of the sudden it completely died. Went black and then wouldn’t turn on no matter what I did, just a black screen with the red “off” indicator light lit. It was a great product up till then, however. I called customer service and ran through all the troubleshooting and they determined it was defective. That’s when things went wrong. The warranty process is needlessly complicated and has crazy expectations. It is valid for a year but requires three pictures of the TV and a picture of the RECEIPT before they can even begin the process. The problem is that they don’t say in the paperwork for the TV that the warranty is only valid if you have the original receipt. After a good 10 months, that receipt was trashed long ago.

The customer service representatives that I spoke to were very nice and tried their best to help me, but the supervisor that I was trying to talk to to complain about the receipt policy REFUSED TO TAKE MY CALL. Twice. In the end, the only thing the representative could do was put in a request for a callback from a supervisor, which is supposed to be within the next 24 hours. Overall, the general customer service people are great and very nice, but the higher ups and the company policies all suck. Also the TV must not be that great if it randomly dies less than a year later. And the first customer service rep knew that the TV was defective as soon as I described what was going on, so it must happen often.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

On 09/09/2017 we purchased a Element 55' Digital TV from Meijers. We have had several issues with the TV pushing voltage through the HDMI ports. We contacted Element to get the warranty for the TV and were told that since the TV is not "smoking" or shutting off there isn't a problem with the TV. We have had 5 service guys to our house and now a electrician and the TV is the issue. The TV was manufactured in August 2017. trying to talk to the customer service people at Element is next to impossible due to the language barrier (they speak very poor English). $500 for a TV that was manufactured with errors obviously ok with Element since the TV don't shut off or smoke. Will NEVER purchase another item from this company since they do not stand by their product.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Element TV - This company has good products but when it come to warranty I advise no one to shop with them. They make you wait 3 to 6 weeks to get a refund on the product that you purchased from them. After they receive their product it don't take that long to give a person a refund when they paid extra money for the warranty. If that's what the case what is the warranty for and it take the same amount of time to even get the product fixed through them. I will never buy nothing else from these people.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

All aspects of this model is quality, however, the screen won't adjust to a setting that I can view in its entirety. Cannot see the signage on edges and at bottom.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

We weren't sure how good this brand would be but it's been exceptional! Normally we tend to stick to brands we know but Element has been a great TV. Easy to use, the color is spot on too. We are very pleased!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I have had no problems with this brand of television. Bought my 32 inch 1 year ago and is still working great. Costs a lot less than name brand TVs. Great price for a great television!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

We purchased the Element television on Black Friday. It has given us a clear picture, a good sound, and doesn't create a glare on the screen. It was an excellent cost, pulls in the channels we want without cable, and looks pretty. It meets and exceeds my wants.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I had gotten my 50 inch Element TV about two years ago and today the screen got dark and started flickering when I tried playing video games. I don’t know what is happening but I will say I had to give a satisfied review as the TV has lasted longer than I had expected it to. Overall, not a bad tv, but if you have the extra cash, go for something a little more top shelf.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Two years... This tv... a gift. The menu just flops around randomly. Volume continues to go up and up when I push mute or down volume. I took the batteries out of the remote to no avail. SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY TO GET A TV THAT WON’T HAVE TO BE REPLACED AFTER TWO YEARS. Our Toshiba is awesome. Had that thing 3D and all for five years... not cool. What now? What are you going to do to back your product and make me want to buy yet, another one? Coupons? Your product is terrible. What the hell is an ELEMENT? The element that is pissing me off.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I've only owned the TV (60in) 3 years and half the screen has gone blank. I have TVs that are 15 years old that are working fine, when spending that kind of money I expect it to last longer than 3 years. Very dissatisfied!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I called the technical support line for my tv and they told me it was my fault. My tv is not even 2 years old and the inside of the tv split like a piece of paper. How does that happen? My last tv was 17 years old and no problems. I have never seen this before. I watch tv now with what looks like tanning lights behind the ripped paper. I will never buy another Element anything. Back to name brand electronics. I sent pictures to them also. They did nothing about it.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

The only reason I gave it two stars instead of one, was because it did have a clear picture. But other than that, it's a cheap TV. The warranty only covers a year and my 60 inch TV broke shortly after that. The volume is suppose to go up to 100 but doesn't get any louder after about twenty five or so. The customer service was dry and seemed like they didn't care and just told me to find a TV repair company. So if you're looking for a reliable TV to last at least a couple years, then keep looking. Don't waste your money on this brand of televisions.

Original review: June 6, 2017

Element is a great brand and offers a great picture as well as other features. It is very easy to set up and to use. I have my Roku that I use on the TV and makes it way to view movies. The display is nice and the brightness of the screen is great. I like the sound quality helps make it easy to hear. They make it best for a nice relaxing evening at home. I would highly recommend this TV. Ours had lasted us a period of time and serve never had any problems.

Original review: June 5, 2017

The process for setting up and operating my Element television was super easy for me and took no time at all. I was pleased. It was reasonably priced and was for my guest bedroom. It has been reliable and has a great picture. However, I wish the frame was a little smaller.

Original review: June 3, 2017

Innovative and inexpensive brand. I like Element TVs. I bought an Element TV from Target and I found the setting up and operating extremely easy. The TV was very lightweight so it made the process even easier. I was able to hook my DVD and Blu-ray players up quickly. However, the Element TV brand stops working after about 2-3 years. Hopefully they can find a way for their products to work and last longer. Other than that, they have great picture quality for the price you pay and are portable. They come equipped with all the ports and outlets you need for all your digital activities.

Original review: June 2, 2017

The Element TV has an impressive clarity for its color and the contrast of it, including its design compliments any decor. It makes it easy to watch the perfect show and movie that will excite me to watch another one. It has 4k quality which is great for a full dynamic experience with my family. However, the size of the screen should be more larger for a more of an affordable price. Due to it being really high quality so they have to make it small to keep up with demand. Other than that, it is very fairly easy to use. I just plug it into my wall outlet and from there I use my remote control to operate the TV functions, such as turning it on and off or changing the channel. They have instruction videos online to answer any questions that is needed as well.

Original review: June 1, 2017

I liked the price of it. It was very affordable and the looks of it was very sleek and slim. It lasted a lot longer than I thought it would. However, I did not like the back of the television. It was a tight fit for Xbox 360 cords for my grandson and I barely was able to get it to fit in just right. The set up for cords in the back was to flush against the back paneling of the television making it difficult to hook wires that were slightly thicker around the base. I also did not like the way the apps were formatted and wish it was setup in an easier fashion. Other than those, the setup of the rest of the TV was very easy to use and to operate.

Original review: May 31, 2017

The Element Television was very easy to set up. There are step by step directions and a customer service number in case you get stumped. I like that it has multiple HDMI ports and that it has wifi capability. I also like that it has smart TV capability and a sleep timer. I can watch Youtube videos and stream movies. It has everything I need to enjoy my entertainment experience and I don't believe I will buy another brand in the future. The Element Television suits my lifestyle perfectly.

Original review: May 30, 2017

I like the amount of HDMI ports they give you on a device. I really enjoy the user controls and the ability to brighten/sharpen things, just all around customization for a great experience. I also enjoy the quality and the automatic upscaling they have. The ones we have now are great but I would like to see a tad bit more for the controls. Other than that, it is very easy to use and self-explanatory. It's very simple and to the point but also very high-tech and advance so you know you're getting the best and up to date item.

Original review: May 29, 2017

The Elements TV is easy to use and it does walk you through the process. The instructions it came with were easy to read and understand. Anyone would be able to set up and access the TV menu without a problem. The size I chose works best for me. I can see it very well. It's very clear and the color is excellent. However, the sound could be a bit better. You have to turn it all the way up and I may have to add a soundbar just to hear it. Also, sometimes the speakers will go in and out. I believe if they were bigger the sound would be different. Additionally, I picked up the TV at the store because the first one delivered was broken. I recommend buying in-store.

Original review: May 28, 2017

The picture on Element TVs is always crisp and clear and the volume never sounds distorted. Also, the TV was easy to set up and get all my electronics like my DVR and stuff hooked up to it. Overall a really great TV to own for the price.

Original review: May 26, 2017

My friend sets up all my electronics for me and from what I observed, the process of setting up my tv was quick and easy for my friend. I like the features my tv had to offer. I like the picture quality and the cost. They are cheaper than other brands. I found them to be reliable and a good value for the price. But I'd like a little better and clearer picture. Also, more input jacks for gaming systems would be useful. I had a good experience and I would consider purchasing another Element tv in the future.

Original review: May 25, 2017

I like my Element television. I like that the setup was very easy. The television came with instructions, which were very simple and easy to follow. I put it together myself in less than five minutes. The picture is great and the sound is as well. I have had my Element television approximately four years now and I have never had any problems with it. It's been a great experience.

Element Electronics Company Information