Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.73/5

Element Electronics Reviews

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

My 65" Element TV was the best ever! This tv ran from 6am to 10-11pm at night! Never an issue! This tv had a great picture and was loyal as always worked! My tv has lasted over 6 years until last week when it suddenly lost picture and still has sound! Poor ole' tv finally gave out! Like a death of a family member! Sadly missed! Like an ole' buddy-always there! Element tv purchased at Walmart is best priced value and that's where I am headed next to buy a new Element 65" tv! Dianna- Rotonda West, Florida

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Hey I just bought a new Element Electronics TV and it is out of this world. We watched a 3D movie on this and I felt like I was in the movie with the characters. The sound was so clear. I can even hook my computer up to this TV. I have been trying to get my husband to upgrade for a while now since the kids have moved out. Finally, he agreed and was very pleased with his decision. He is watching his hunting shows as we speak and it’s like he is in the woods interacting with the hunters. I would most definitely suggest this TV to all of my friends and family. Thank you Element Electronics. You’ve really made a difference in mine and Tom's life.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

It is a good value set. Made relatively cheap but the features are good. Some directions are poorly written. For example, the size of the bolts used to attach it to a wall mount were incorrect. Clarity of the screen is very good. Sound quality is mediocre at best but for the price paid, understandable. The stand that attaches to the set is very low quality and care must be taken to avoid breaking it.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

This brand of televisions may be looked over compared to other brands, just because they are well known or have been around a long time. Element Electronics is a brand that everyone needs to consider. The prices are lower and it has extremely good screen view. The colors are spot on and they have the same features as all other brands. It's a top runner product in my opinion. It deserves more credit than is given by most.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Very good price for a Roku TV. Remote is a little lacking but works well with Roku. Cannot find a universal remote to work the the DVR box and TV. Picture quality is good but sound is a little lacking.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Element Electronics?

Original review: March 23, 2020

Do not buy. I bought the 50-inch Element Fire TV edition TV. Immediately after purchasing it I was having issues with a popping noise coming from the headphone jack when the TV was powered on and off or went into sleep mode. I brought this up to Element about the back-and-forth to Amazon never got resolved. This was a minor issue that I could work around. About 14 months after owning the TV started having more serious issues, the TV would intermittently have a blue screen I would have to power cycle the TV or do a factory reset, then the TV started having issues with lines across the bottom, these did not go away. All the long I'm calling element for support but not receiving any. Finally the TV died altogether 18 months after owning.

I called Amazon. I've called element, both companies offer no support. Element stuck by their claim of the products only warranted for 12 months, and that they could not stand by the reliability of electronic items. I was shocked to hear them say that they cannot stand by a product they sell because of the electronic item. It was obvious that I'm talking to call-center overseas who's reading off a script.

Element support provides no support whatsoever, the open tickets. They don't return calls when they tell you they will, escalations go nowhere. I asked what should I be able to reasonably expect as far as life expectancy for their product. It was rated at 5000 hours. I only use the TV for a total of 960 hours. 18 months and I have to throw the television away. They attempted to send me to You Fix It to get me off the telephone, I spoke to you fix it. They told me that the TV cannot be repaired because element does not provide repair parts. I then spoke with the TV repair person, the same story. So in closing element cells a disposable TV that lasts no more than 18 months, they provide no support, their explanation is they only offer 12 months warranty which apparently is their expected lifespan of the television. Stay far away from element products. I literally bought a TV that only lasts for 18 months of light usage.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I purchased a 65 in smart tv by element and within a month it just stopped powering on. I called Customer service and they literally had me unplug the unit and plug it back in and when it did not work they said it needed to be replaced and the entire process would take no more than 10 days. Then came hell.... they wanted the tv recycled and a receipt which apparently you have to pay for that and find a place that will give you a receipt due to laws they don't issue them then once all of that is done take pics of the tv being recycled and the receipt and send it in and it will be forwarded to a million different departments before issuing a check then they mail it all snail mail and upon receipt it was not the correct amount....

Needless to say a month and a half later I still have no tv and no full reimbursement of the money spent.... and the only answers I can get from the company are the same generic generated responses that are read off a piece of paper each and every time.... add I the horror of 3rd floor apt and I'm dealing with cancer treatment, sick and still screwed out of part of my money to even purchase a new one. .. ugh.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Some years ago, I purchased an Element 23" TV (at Walmart, on a Black Friday sale) for use as a dedicated computer monitor. That TV has been great. I'm still using it as I write this review. When I turn off the computer, the TV turns off after a little bit (it should be instantaneous, like regular computer monitors, but this is a very minor issue). I've never used it for regular television, nor have I ever connected a DVD or Blu-Ray player to this TV, so I cannot speak to that experience.

On Black Friday in 2018, at Walmart, I purchased another Element TV, this time a 39" class "smart" TV, but it isn't that smart. Yes, it has several streaming services built in, and yes, it can connect to the internet, but it is missing a number of features that I would expect a smart TV to have. Let's start with a feature called "HDMI-CEC" -- this allows other devices to turn the TV on or off via the HDMI port. Power up your Blu-Ray player and have the TV come on, for instance, or use Google-home (or Google Nest) products, and control the TV via your smart-home device. OK, I realize that this doesn't apply to everybody who wants to make a purchase, so here are some other issues as well: The remote lacks a sleep button.

The remote for the 23" TV mentioned above has one, and it even works with this TV, but this TV's own remote lacks that button. One has to dig several layers deep into the menus in order to activate the sleep function with this TV's own remote. That's just silly. Especially with a so-called "smart" TV. Another issue concerns lag when the TV is turned on. The remote simply won't do anything for the first minute or so the TV is on. Best guess is that the TV is still booting, but if it came on with the volume too loud, or on the wrong input, the user just gets to wait a bit before the remote will do anything. This is also silly.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I had this 32 days and the video quit. To be honest, the picture wasn't very good from day one. Kinda glad it broke. I was able to return it and buy a Samsung. Don't waste your money on this brand. There's no memory so you can't add any apps, and only have the preloaded apps. Seems the video/picture going out suddenly is a common complaint.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I was so excited to get my 70 inch television. The cable company came and hooked me up, I watched tv w/ no problem. Then, I went down the wrong path and tried to watch Netflix. Well ROKU wanted me to input this pin # and it makes you go online then a customer service rep calls you and holds your tv hostage where if you don’t want to pay 60, 80 or $120 fee to watch tv. Eventually, I paid 60 for absolutely nothing, in order to watch the tv which I just paid 100s of dollars for. The only way the customer service rep would let my television play was for me To pay Roku $60.00 service which you can not elect to NOT have. Will never ever ever buy another Element Roku tv!!!!

Element Electronics Company Information