3.8/5 (204 ratings)

About Element Electronics

Element Electronics Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Element Electronics?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Element Electronics?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Great tv for I have had 6 of these televisions for over 10 years and they work just fine for I have never had them service or never had any problems with them. I would recommend this product for any household and they were very cheap in price for about 125$ each for a 40" Tv.

Element Electronics response

Hi Willie! Thank you so much for being a loyal customer. We appreciate the shot out and the 5-Stars.

Original review: March 26, 2021

When I first got this TV I was a little bit sketchy about the price, but when I turned it on it was everything it promised. It had an astonishing 4K resolution and overall good image quality, but viewing angles were pretty disappointing. Speakers were fine. You won’t get a Samsung or LG image quality, but there’s a huge price difference between both. As of the Fire TV, at first glance it seemed OK, it’s pretty responsive, but had some trouble with some apps not working or crashing. Then I got to fix all of them just by updating the software.

The only thing I am concerned about is the Amazon support, because right now the latest Fire OS is 7, while my TV is still at Fire OS 5 which I'm OK with, but I’m concerned if in the future some apps will stop working or if my TV gets obsolete and left behind. My TV still gets updates but they’re still on OS 5 so there’s still a chance that it’ll get an OS 7 update from amazon. Overall, and for the price I paid, they’re very good TVs. Sometimes if there’s a software problem, an update will probably fix it, because out of the box it won’t update by itself, you have to manually update from settings. Tbh if you’re just looking for something cheap that works and looks fine, this is the option for you.

Element Electronics response

Hi Ruben. Thank you for the 4-Stars. If you ever need us we are only phone call or text away, 888-842-3577.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 11, 2021

Purchased a 70” 4k Roku Element tv on Black Friday. Buyer beware, if anything goes wrong with your TV, customer service will do everything in their power to not help you. TV quality is ok for the price. Just saying with Element I am sure they cut corners to sell TV’s at a low price. You may get one that is fine but if not you just bought a wall decoration.

Element Electronics response

Hi Dan. We’re sorry about this experience. We’d be happy to see if we can help remedy the situation for you. Please contact our team at customerservice@elementelectronics.com.com – text us at 888-842-3577 – or chat us at www.elementelectronics.com to discuss the issue further.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

Purchased an Element 65 inch TV in December of 2018. We left it in the box until around May of 2019. After only a few months it went out. Called Element. It was over the warranty by a few months. No help.

Element Electronics response

Hi Chris. We are sorry to hear that your TV went out several years ago and is out of warranty. If you ever chose Element again, we would love that. We also now offer a 2-year warranty, if the TV is registered within 90 days from purchase.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I purchased a 32" Element ROKU TV to replace my 24" early generation LCD TV. After going through the set-up, it refused to access my satellite box using HDMI, or AV connections. Talked with their "customer support" and after 1 hour of various set-up configurations, still would not access my satellite. Returned TV to retailer for refund. FYI - I purchased an ONN ROKU TV and encountered the same problem. Contacted "support" via Chat and I was connected to the same person that I had on Chat with the Element TV. I also purchased a TCL ROKU TV and same thing. Same with support. I'm convinced one company is producing TVs and putting various names on them to make them "different" but they are all the same. I would not recommend any inexpensive TVs if you have satellite or cable.

Element Electronics response

Hi there Jack. Sorry our branded onn. Roku TV would not connect with the satellite. I cannot speak for the other TV, but at Element Electronics we are here 24/7 for all your support needs.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

This is a top notch company. Element's customer service department and troubleshooting is beyond excellent. I am highly impressed by the support staff's professionalism, knowledge and solving issues. Couple that with the price of this product, I highly recommend this company to any individual looking for a TV. The quality is as good as the highly priced sets.

Original review: July 3, 2020

I have owned an Element TV for nearly two years now and that is two years too long! I have had nothing but issues with my Element TV to the point where I had the first one replaced and the replacement is just a bigger version of the same issues. My Element TV is the only electronic in my entire home that I have any issues with at all regarding Wi-Fi. None of my other electronics have any issue at all with obtaining and maintaining a connection to the internet except for my stinking Element TV!! This is a daily occurrence. I am so fed up with this element TV that I am literally boiling mad right now. I am so fed up with it constantly losing internet connection and missing shows or having to restart or reconnect or or or over and over and over again!! I cannot believe I am actually forced to give it even one star when this deserves -5 easily. Save your money and buy any other product. Not to mention your sanity.

Original review: March 23, 2020

Do not buy. I bought the 50-inch Element Fire TV edition TV. Immediately after purchasing it I was having issues with a popping noise coming from the headphone jack when the TV was powered on and off or went into sleep mode. I brought this up to Element about the back-and-forth to Amazon never got resolved. This was a minor issue that I could work around. About 14 months after owning the TV started having more serious issues, the TV would intermittently have a blue screen I would have to power cycle the TV or do a factory reset, then the TV started having issues with lines across the bottom, these did not go away. All the long I'm calling element for support but not receiving any. Finally the TV died altogether 18 months after owning.

I called Amazon. I've called element, both companies offer no support. Element stuck by their claim of the products only warranted for 12 months, and that they could not stand by the reliability of electronic items. I was shocked to hear them say that they cannot stand by a product they sell because of the electronic item. It was obvious that I'm talking to call-center overseas who's reading off a script.

Element support provides no support whatsoever, the open tickets. They don't return calls when they tell you they will, escalations go nowhere. I asked what should I be able to reasonably expect as far as life expectancy for their product. It was rated at 5000 hours. I only use the TV for a total of 960 hours. 18 months and I have to throw the television away. They attempted to send me to You Fix It to get me off the telephone, I spoke to you fix it. They told me that the TV cannot be repaired because element does not provide repair parts. I then spoke with the TV repair person, the same story. So in closing element cells a disposable TV that lasts no more than 18 months, they provide no support, their explanation is they only offer 12 months warranty which apparently is their expected lifespan of the television. Stay far away from element products. I literally bought a TV that only lasts for 18 months of light usage.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I purchased a 65 in smart tv by element and within a month it just stopped powering on. I called Customer service and they literally had me unplug the unit and plug it back in and when it did not work they said it needed to be replaced and the entire process would take no more than 10 days. Then came hell.... they wanted the tv recycled and a receipt which apparently you have to pay for that and find a place that will give you a receipt due to laws they don't issue them then once all of that is done take pics of the tv being recycled and the receipt and send it in and it will be forwarded to a million different departments before issuing a check then they mail it all snail mail and upon receipt it was not the correct amount....

Needless to say a month and a half later I still have no tv and no full reimbursement of the money spent.... and the only answers I can get from the company are the same generic generated responses that are read off a piece of paper each and every time.... add I the horror of 3rd floor apt and I'm dealing with cancer treatment, sick and still screwed out of part of my money to even purchase a new one. .. ugh.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Some years ago, I purchased an Element 23" TV (at Walmart, on a Black Friday sale) for use as a dedicated computer monitor. That TV has been great. I'm still using it as I write this review. When I turn off the computer, the TV turns off after a little bit (it should be instantaneous, like regular computer monitors, but this is a very minor issue). I've never used it for regular television, nor have I ever connected a DVD or Blu-Ray player to this TV, so I cannot speak to that experience.

On Black Friday in 2018, at Walmart, I purchased another Element TV, this time a 39" class "smart" TV, but it isn't that smart. Yes, it has several streaming services built in, and yes, it can connect to the internet, but it is missing a number of features that I would expect a smart TV to have. Let's start with a feature called "HDMI-CEC" -- this allows other devices to turn the TV on or off via the HDMI port. Power up your Blu-Ray player and have the TV come on, for instance, or use Google-home (or Google Nest) products, and control the TV via your smart-home device. OK, I realize that this doesn't apply to everybody who wants to make a purchase, so here are some other issues as well: The remote lacks a sleep button.

The remote for the 23" TV mentioned above has one, and it even works with this TV, but this TV's own remote lacks that button. One has to dig several layers deep into the menus in order to activate the sleep function with this TV's own remote. That's just silly. Especially with a so-called "smart" TV. Another issue concerns lag when the TV is turned on. The remote simply won't do anything for the first minute or so the TV is on. Best guess is that the TV is still booting, but if it came on with the volume too loud, or on the wrong input, the user just gets to wait a bit before the remote will do anything. This is also silly.

Element Electronics Company Information