2.81/5

70 Element Electronics Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 18, 2019

Awesome television! Captions are great for hearing impaired & even options to automatically caption, some of the DVD movies, that don't have captions! Great picture & sound, works great with Netflix, Cuz I & YouTube! Definitely worth the price!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

They approve my 1 yr warranty. My TV came in 3 days after I shipped the defeat tv through UPS in. I did not pack it myself. I should have but I didn't. I was charged $48.79. No biggie since I got an brand new tv. Customer service answer every email in. Every time I called they were there to help. I put a review because I want people to know my experience in that if your tv goes out within a year of nothing to do with you do everything they tell you. I sent the pictures. I use my debit card so I was able to call the Walmart line to tell the exact date in how much my purchase was after I got my bank statement. They then emailed me my receipt in. I was able to email Element customer service in then got approved.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Purchased and love it. The color is good, the sound could be better but we can also hook up our sound bar. But this was a good quality find at a great price. Purchased at Walmart and very pleased with the TV. Easy setup, lightweight, and absolutely love and pleased with it.

Original review: July 2, 2018

It is the cable that is awful and I do not believe in shooting the messenger. It was great in Mississippi and is great here, delivering the picture I want... Easy to use.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I just had the television slightly over a year and the performance and quality is similar to Sony. I love the sound quality and it's like being in a theater.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Element Electronics?

Original review: May 27, 2019

Nothing but problems. Purchased an Element Google TV 3 months ago. Since then, it been horrible. Freezes frequently. Remote is a piece of crap. Do not recommend!! We have emailed and called to try to resolve. All they say is... "restart your TV". Such a piece of crap. NEVER BUYING THIS TV AGAIN.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Bought at a Christmas sale at WalMart and didnt even have a year and sound just stopped working. Picture is great but no sound. Very disappointed. Bought this tv to go in my bedroom and I have tried over and over to get sound wo

Original review: May 12, 2019

I purchased my Element tv used and in perfect working condition. Last night, in an attempt to update to the newest firmware, I mistakenly deactivated Netflix on the TV set. The issue is, there is no reactivation selection available. After confirming with Netflix that there are no issues with my account, and after verifying my internet connection was strong, still Netflix won’t load. I have called Element's customer service several times to get “walked through” the reactivating process just to find out there isn’t one. I’m very dissatisfied. I cut the cord a long time ago and only stream my tv shows and movies. How can customers reverse an action made in error and not get help from tech support?

Original review: May 4, 2019

Purchased the TV end of March 2019, TV failed on May 1st 2019. Have tried all the steps and resets by the customer care department, continues to fail and got to greyed out screen then black screen with sound. Now, having to wait for a warranty while this one is junk and un-useable. Do something better with your money like burn it, than spend it on an Element TV.

Original review: April 15, 2019

Purchased the 50" Element HDTV from Target in February and am so glad I held on to the receipt. About two weeks in, the TV would freeze up and nothing worked - none of the buttons (including the power button) on the remote, nor the button on the TV itself. Only way to unfreeze was to unplug it from the wall. Would be fine when it was plugged back in, but decided to exchange it within the 30 day window to avoid having to deal with warranty repair/replace issues. Have had the replacement TV for 2 weeks today and this one is doing the same exact thing. Decided I am going to exchange for a different brand. Besides the freezing issue, the sound and picture are great.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I purchased a Element tv at Walmart in August of 2018. My TV worked for 6 months and then I tried to turn it on and it didn't work. The LED light kept flashing. So we contacted customer service and sent pictures of the front and back of it with the serial number. No reply from the company. I gave them my phone number and address. Still no response. I don't recommend this brand to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

We bought a new Element TV. We had difficulty getting it to connect to our cable service. I called customer support and spoke with Robert (unintelligible). I explained I needed help getting the TV to connect to our cable provider and had gone through all the set up steps for the TV. I was told the TV must be defective and he would need my bank info to process a refund. I told him I didn't need a refund I needed help to connect my cable service. He only kept saying he needed my bank info and I refused and finally hung up on him. Sent an email a few minutes later and have yet to even be acknowledged. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A JOKE!!!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I bought a Element 39 inch 1080p smart TV in September of 2018, I started having problems where I turned off the TV sound would still come out of the sound bar but the screen was blank. Contacted customer service about the issues several times. They where supposed to send me a software update but kept getting the shipping info wrong, which I emailed my address numerous times but they kept saying that my address was invalid. Anyway they said they would honor my warranty (TV is less than 3 months old) but they wanted me to ship the TV back to them without a replacement. I told them they need to come up with a different game plan because I was not shipping anything back to them since they couldn't even ship me a flash drive to the correct address. I told them have someone with a higher pay scale to contact me... Haven't heard a thing... What a joke company, I will never buy another TV from them again.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

Bought a 32 in Element TV because ours of 6 years had finally given up. We didn't expect to be having to buy another one, so $118 was a steal, yeah... 2 months later this Element caught on FIRE at the back where all the plug-ins are. 2 months and we are back to looking for a new TV again. Please do not buy from this company!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I purchased a 50" TV in February which came with Netflix and a few other apps. By May the TV would not come on. I was told I had to ship it back to the company. I went to two different UPS locations who both advised they do not ship TVs. I have a 1 year old daughter. So imagine trying to haul a 50" TV with a baby in a car seat. I stopped the process. Purchased a $30 box for extra security. Now the box will not fit in my car. I've had a 40" Toshiba for over 10 years with no issues. I will never purchase another Element product and will tell anyone I know not to. The product is not good and the customer service is even worse.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Bought this TV and they would not honor the 1 year warranty even though I registered the TV. You cannot talk to a actual person, only email. Went to the store I purchased it from to try and get a new receipt because mine was faded but they only keep receipts or “detail” tape 3 months.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Worse TV brand to ever buy. Some stations talk in Spanish. Some stations have narrators on them and some station no sound at all. Worse TV I have ever brought. Was giving them the benefit of the doubt but it is clearly the TV brand.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Purchased Element Smart TV at a Black Friday sale on 11/24/17 for a sitting room for my mom who moved in with us in late May 2018. Sound issues from the start although the TV was used rarely from the time purchased. Now the sound does not work at all. I will never recommend or purchase an Element TV again. Poor quality.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I bought the 19" Element at Target; after about 60 days the soundbar wouldn't go back and I have no sound. My theory is that using the mute button occasionally affected the volume control. I didn't want to mess around with doing resets; and plugging/unplugging didn't work. This should not be happening to a new TV. and now I see it's common problem for Element. Unfortunately, I didn't know Target's policy that they would refund electronics an extra 30 days after purchase if it was bought on a Target card. Unfortunately, I used my debit card. No sympathy there!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Was speaking with a Robert **, he blows. Supposed to be the head of consumer dept but he’s a joke and a liar. Can’t trust him and also Element tv products all suck. Be smart stay away from the lying company who also claims to be an American company but gets most of the work done in China.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Bought this TV last July, paid over $800. It worked for a while, then the voice activation went out, then the shows would not work, unless I unplugged and restarted the TV. I dealt with this for a while, then contacted Element Electronics, they ran me through a battery of things to do, requested pictures of front and back of TV, serial number, etc. then finally told me they would not help me with it, it was now 6 days out of warranty. It stopped working 6 months in. I would be very careful what you purchase from these guys, things happen, but they don't seem to want to back it up. They told me the case is closed don't contact them further.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Purchased Element 19" HD Digital LED TV on July 15th from Walmart and sound died on July 23rd. Talked to their customer service and was told check wires, unplug and reboot, blah blah blah... Tried everything BEFORE we notified them. Now I read in reviews that this is a common problem with their TVs but I bought it while I was shopping. No box, no receipt... thought I could trust a new product. After 3 emails to their customer service I asked them if they were going to replace the TV... No response... Never, ever again.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Bought TV in July 2017 at WalMart, and it developed black lines and black patches in early June 2018. Contacted Customer Service numerous times, online as well as called, and no one ever got back to me with info on how they would honor the 1 year warranty. We noticed that the manufacture date was 2014, and they have yet explained to me how they sold a 2014 manufactured TV to WalMart in 2017 to sell to end users as a new TV. This company and their products are very shady. Waste of money!

Original review: June 9, 2018

Me and My fiance bought this Element TV about 8 months ago because our other TV took a **, I went to Meijer and I was looking at all the TVs they had and Came across this 40 inch Element TV Full 1080p. I saw a lot of commercials for this brand and that it was made in the USA So I thought I had to buy this. It was about $100 or so cheaper so I bought it for $240 plus tax So I couldn't be more happier about the TV.

Only a .net small problem I have is that every now and then it would freeze and I unplug it and problem is solved. I think I might be trying to turn it up or down to fast so that maybe the problem. We had a scare about 2 weeks ago. The screen had black and grey lines going through it so I turned it off and it worked but I believe because we were online with the T.V. on YouTube so I believe it was that because no more problems like that. I hope to get a bigger one and give this one to my son love watching movies and playing games on it.

Original review: June 4, 2018

The worst company & customer service I’ve ever had to deal with. Bought a 39” Smart TV in January 2018. Within a couple of weeks, it would freeze and didn’t turn off and we had to unplug it to reset. Then at the beginning of May (less than 4 months after purchase), the TV just wouldn’t turn on. After a first ‘live chat’ with a customer service rep, it was deemed a ‘defect in the TV’ so the customer rep told me to reply to the email he was sending. After providing everything they asked for (including 3 photos of the non-working TV), I never got a reply back.

I have sent multiple emails since inquiring on the status of my request, recontacted live support a week ago (which she said they did receive my emails & promised me someone was going to get in touch with me the next day - that was a week ago, no contact). It’s been over 3 weeks of waiting, with no contact from them. Like I said at the beginning, worst TV & company I’ve had to deal with. This single mother has resigned to the fact that my money went down the drain on this purchase.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Like the previous comment, I also purchased my TV (Model: ELSW3917BF) on Black Friday, 2017, and right after 5.5 months, the LCD screen shows vertical lines and a bright blob of dead or hot pixels which is slowly eating to whole screen. The customer services is slow, but I hope they will replace the TV, and if the product will remain satisfactory in next few months, then I will update my review.

Original review: May 16, 2018

We purchased this tv for Black Friday. It broke in 5 months. We have tried on several occasions to get the company to replace the tv. Customer service will not answer. Or lie and say they are send shipping email for return and have not. I have sent several emails and request. No one will return calls. Or emails. This product is a scam! DON'T BUY THIS TV!

Original review: May 15, 2018

Only had my 32'' tv for 3 years and the screen went black last week and turned off. I've tried everything to get it to turn on and nothing. I was told that nothing could be done for me. Just bought a SANYO to replace it because I will NEVER buy from this brand again.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I will never use anyone but Element. For one, they are the only TV made in America. I bought a 40 or 42 inch in 2010 and I have a strong tendency to leave it on for days and days and nights and nights. I would say that my 8 year old TV has as many hours as a 20 year old TV. It's on more than it's off. Now I'm buying my mother the 55 inch for Mother's day and mounting it on the ceiling. Element gets 6 stars from me.

Original review: April 26, 2018

When 4K Ultra HD first came out in 2016 it was very expensive. Amazon had the Amazon Fire TV (65" TV. 4K Ultra HD) by Element. It was less than $900.00. Awesome picture and a Smart TV, Voice controls, Web browser, etc.

Element Electronics Company Information