3.26/5
Based on 47 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

47 Element Electronics Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 9, 2018

Me and My fiance bought this Element TV about 8 months ago because our other TV took a **, I went to Meijer and I was looking at all the TVs they had and Came across this 40 inch Element TV Full 1080p. I saw a lot of commercials for this brand and that it was made in the USA So I thought I had to buy this. It was about $100 or so cheaper so I bought it for $240 plus tax So I couldn't be more happier about the TV.

Only a .net small problem I have is that every now and then it would freeze and I unplug it and problem is solved. I think I might be trying to turn it up or down to fast so that maybe the problem. We had a scare about 2 weeks ago. The screen had black and grey lines going through it so I turned it off and it worked but I believe because we were online with the T.V. on YouTube so I believe it was that because no more problems like that. I hope to get a bigger one and give this one to my son love watching movies and playing games on it.

Original review: June 4, 2018

The worst company & customer service I’ve ever had to deal with. Bought a 39” Smart TV in January 2018. Within a couple of weeks, it would freeze and didn’t turn off and we had to unplug it to reset. Then at the beginning of May (less than 4 months after purchase), the TV just wouldn’t turn on. After a first ‘live chat’ with a customer service rep, it was deemed a ‘defect in the TV’ so the customer rep told me to reply to the email he was sending. After providing everything they asked for (including 3 photos of the non-working TV), I never got a reply back.

I have sent multiple emails since inquiring on the status of my request, recontacted live support a week ago (which she said they did receive my emails & promised me someone was going to get in touch with me the next day - that was a week ago, no contact). It’s been over 3 weeks of waiting, with no contact from them. Like I said at the beginning, worst TV & company I’ve had to deal with. This single mother has resigned to the fact that my money went down the drain on this purchase.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Like the previous comment, I also purchased my TV (Model: ELSW3917BF) on Black Friday, 2017, and right after 5.5 months, the LCD screen shows vertical lines and a bright blob of dead or hot pixels which is slowly eating to whole screen. The customer services is slow, but I hope they will replace the TV, and if the product will remain satisfactory in next few months, then I will update my review.

Original review: May 16, 2018

We purchased this tv for Black Friday. It broke in 5 months. We have tried on several occasions to get the company to replace the tv. Customer service will not answer. Or lie and say they are send shipping email for return and have not. I have sent several emails and request. No one will return calls. Or emails. This product is a scam! DON'T BUY THIS TV!

Original review: May 15, 2018

Only had my 32'' tv for 3 years and the screen went black last week and turned off. I've tried everything to get it to turn on and nothing. I was told that nothing could be done for me. Just bought a SANYO to replace it because I will NEVER buy from this brand again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Element Electronics?

Original review: May 6, 2018

I will never use anyone but Element. For one, they are the only TV made in America. I bought a 40 or 42 inch in 2010 and I have a strong tendency to leave it on for days and days and nights and nights. I would say that my 8 year old TV has as many hours as a 20 year old TV. It's on more than it's off. Now I'm buying my mother the 55 inch for Mother's day and mounting it on the ceiling. Element gets 6 stars from me.

Original review: April 26, 2018

When 4K Ultra HD first came out in 2016 it was very expensive. Amazon had the Amazon Fire TV (65" TV. 4K Ultra HD) by Element. It was less than $900.00. Awesome picture and a Smart TV, Voice controls, Web browser, etc.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Element TVs, or the 60 inch that I own is not very good quality. The words people say don’t match their lip’s movements but you can turn channel and turn back to same one and it fixes the problem. Something is just not right!

Original review: April 17, 2018

Element TV is priced low, without unnecessary frills. There is an Element TV available with Roku, but priced much higher. The TV powers up quick and was easy to mount on the wall. Also, the remote is easy to understand and use. The picture is sharp, colors crisp. A very good value for a low priced TV.

Original review: April 16, 2018

My 2 year old hit our tv with a broomstick and lo and behold the tv still works like it always has. The only exception is whatever is behind the actual screen is torn and you can see it but when any other television would have broken and not worked ours is still going strong.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Element 55in Smart TV Sound: #1 Poor sound quality. #2 Low volume. #3 Variance in volume, when watching shows via Amazon the sound is mediocre at best. When watching TV shows via cable sound is extremely low, even when at max of 100. #4 Can't get the closed caption to work.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I've had my Element 50 inch for 4 years now... outstanding picture and absolutely no problems picture wise. I have never gotten the closed caption to work as it's greyed out and no way to access it. Other than that I would definitely buy another.

Original review: March 4, 2018

We bought this Smart TV because it was cheap. First red flag I guess. I’ve had to unplug it because it won’t unfreeze. The screen has turned green and froze. It has happened at least 10 times in the past 3 months. I’ve also had problems going to Netflix.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I purchased a 55 in flat screen Element tv, about a year or two later the screen went completely black I could hear it but no visible screen. It’s been in my closet collecting dust since then. I called them and of course they were no help and I literally should’ve taken the money and threw it in the garbage. I am completely dissatisfied with this brand I recommend not to purchase unless you don’t care losing money. I even had the warranty and got nowhere. I’ve never seen a company that don’t care about their customers or products. I bought an Olevia brand from Walmart 10 yrs ago and it buried this one. I will never buy anything from them again.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Bought a 60 in. TV brand new and after 3 months the screen went black. I had to send pics to them so they could see it wasn't working. Then they wanted me to ship the TV to them AT MY COST! If it was damaged in shipping it would not be covered. So I had to take a 700 dollar loss. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER ELEMENT PRODUCT AGAIN. I tell everyone to stay away from them.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Got this TV on Black Friday. Screen was broke when opening. The TV is so delayed. Will freeze and have to unplug. Is discolored and all around terrible. I bought brand new. Contacted them about it and they sent about 35 emails asking for the same photos over and over and over again. Say they were not clear. Saying they needed it again. I sent them the photos but they must have been blind or something. So fast forward 3 months later and they finally will let me ship my TV on my dime. But if it gets even more damaged while being shipped they charge me! And hell no I'm not sending my TV in cause they won’t send me one more than likely. They will keep it and screw me. Very unprofessional. Cheap yes. Cheaply made. Cheap service. All around horrible. I’m pissed. Don’t buy this brand. Just don’t. Don’t support a company that can’t make right something they have done wrong. Don’t support idiots. Because believe me. They gave me a big run around.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

This TV was great for about 2 years. (60in SmartTV) Now all of a sudden, the remote (I thought) wasn’t working. I bought a replacement but lo and behold, it’s the TV! I can’t turn it off/on, change the volume or do anything from the side panel or remote! Wish I would’ve read reviews about this crappy company before I spent hundreds on this TV. And now after reading these other reviews, I know contacting this company is going to be a pain in the butt and pointless. So, I’ll just suck it up and take the loss. I will NEVER buy anything from them again or recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I got a TV as a gift a little less than a year ago. All of the sudden it completely died. Went black and then wouldn’t turn on no matter what I did, just a black screen with the red “off” indicator light lit. It was a great product up till then, however. I called customer service and ran through all the troubleshooting and they determined it was defective. That’s when things went wrong. The warranty process is needlessly complicated and has crazy expectations. It is valid for a year but requires three pictures of the TV and a picture of the RECEIPT before they can even begin the process. The problem is that they don’t say in the paperwork for the TV that the warranty is only valid if you have the original receipt. After a good 10 months, that receipt was trashed long ago.

The customer service representatives that I spoke to were very nice and tried their best to help me, but the supervisor that I was trying to talk to to complain about the receipt policy REFUSED TO TAKE MY CALL. Twice. In the end, the only thing the representative could do was put in a request for a callback from a supervisor, which is supposed to be within the next 24 hours. Overall, the general customer service people are great and very nice, but the higher ups and the company policies all suck. Also the TV must not be that great if it randomly dies less than a year later. And the first customer service rep knew that the TV was defective as soon as I described what was going on, so it must happen often.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

On 09/09/2017 we purchased a Element 55' Digital TV from Meijers. We have had several issues with the TV pushing voltage through the HDMI ports. We contacted Element to get the warranty for the TV and were told that since the TV is not "smoking" or shutting off there isn't a problem with the TV. We have had 5 service guys to our house and now a electrician and the TV is the issue. The TV was manufactured in August 2017. trying to talk to the customer service people at Element is next to impossible due to the language barrier (they speak very poor English). $500 for a TV that was manufactured with errors obviously ok with Element since the TV don't shut off or smoke. Will NEVER purchase another item from this company since they do not stand by their product.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Element TV - This company has good products but when it come to warranty I advise no one to shop with them. They make you wait 3 to 6 weeks to get a refund on the product that you purchased from them. After they receive their product it don't take that long to give a person a refund when they paid extra money for the warranty. If that's what the case what is the warranty for and it take the same amount of time to even get the product fixed through them. I will never buy nothing else from these people.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

All aspects of this model is quality, however, the screen won't adjust to a setting that I can view in its entirety. Cannot see the signage on edges and at bottom.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

We weren't sure how good this brand would be but it's been exceptional! Normally we tend to stick to brands we know but Element has been a great TV. Easy to use, the color is spot on too. We are very pleased!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I have had no problems with this brand of television. Bought my 32 inch 1 year ago and is still working great. Costs a lot less than name brand TVs. Great price for a great television!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

We purchased the Element television on Black Friday. It has given us a clear picture, a good sound, and doesn't create a glare on the screen. It was an excellent cost, pulls in the channels we want without cable, and looks pretty. It meets and exceeds my wants.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I had gotten my 50 inch Element TV about two years ago and today the screen got dark and started flickering when I tried playing video games. I don’t know what is happening but I will say I had to give a satisfied review as the TV has lasted longer than I had expected it to. Overall, not a bad tv, but if you have the extra cash, go for something a little more top shelf.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Two years... This tv... a gift. The menu just flops around randomly. Volume continues to go up and up when I push mute or down volume. I took the batteries out of the remote to no avail. SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY TO GET A TV THAT WON’T HAVE TO BE REPLACED AFTER TWO YEARS. Our Toshiba is awesome. Had that thing 3D and all for five years... not cool. What now? What are you going to do to back your product and make me want to buy yet, another one? Coupons? Your product is terrible. What the hell is an ELEMENT? The element that is pissing me off.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I've only owned the TV (60in) 3 years and half the screen has gone blank. I have TVs that are 15 years old that are working fine, when spending that kind of money I expect it to last longer than 3 years. Very dissatisfied!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I called the technical support line for my tv and they told me it was my fault. My tv is not even 2 years old and the inside of the tv split like a piece of paper. How does that happen? My last tv was 17 years old and no problems. I have never seen this before. I watch tv now with what looks like tanning lights behind the ripped paper. I will never buy another Element anything. Back to name brand electronics. I sent pictures to them also. They did nothing about it.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

The only reason I gave it two stars instead of one, was because it did have a clear picture. But other than that, it's a cheap TV. The warranty only covers a year and my 60 inch TV broke shortly after that. The volume is suppose to go up to 100 but doesn't get any louder after about twenty five or so. The customer service was dry and seemed like they didn't care and just told me to find a TV repair company. So if you're looking for a reliable TV to last at least a couple years, then keep looking. Don't waste your money on this brand of televisions.

Original review: June 6, 2017

Element is a great brand and offers a great picture as well as other features. It is very easy to set up and to use. I have my Roku that I use on the TV and makes it way to view movies. The display is nice and the brightness of the screen is great. I like the sound quality helps make it easy to hear. They make it best for a nice relaxing evening at home. I would highly recommend this TV. Ours had lasted us a period of time and serve never had any problems.

Element Electronics Company Information