2.2/5 (47 ratings)

About Element Electronics

Element Electronics Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Element Electronics?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

This Company is horrible. I like many others in these reviews purchased at 70 inch tv and three months later the screen went black. I called multiple time, was told to reset multiple times and no resolution. I asked to have a new tv and they told me to take my 70 inch tv and put it in my car, drive it a half hour away and take it to a repair shop in a terrible neighborhood. When I told them this wasn't feasible I was told I would receive a call in 24 hours. That never happened. I had to call back and wait a half hour on their phone system which is a joke. To be told someone sent an email instead and they are just going to give me a check but they don't have the details in it I'd have to wait another 24 hours. It's been 24 days with no tv, I missed the ball drop on New Years and this Company could care less.

Element Electronics response

Hello Kristen. Our warranty team has processed the refund check and will have the details sent to you once available. Sorry your TV went out and that a repair option wasn't feasible.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

I had an Element Tv for about 2 years before the TV screen went black. We went back and forth with Element trying to troubleshoot but nothing worked. They said there were problems with the TVs that were purchased on Black Friday. They gave me a refund. I decided to get another Element TV thinking this wouldn't happen again. I made sure not to purchase it on Black Friday. I ended up buying a bigger TV and spending a lot more money on it. Well 1 year and 1 month later the exact same thing happened. Only this time it started making a buzzing sound and had a burning smell before it just went totally black. I contacted Element and their response was it's out of the 1 year warranty and I should contact someone to repair it.

This is ridiculous. A TV should not last only 1 year. Everyone I talk to that has other brands have had their TVs for years with no issues. Every review I read about Element TVs has the same issue with the TV going black. I should be issued a refund as the last refund check just went right back to them for another one of their TVs that doesn't work. Maybe they need a class action lawsuit because there's so many people with the same exact issue. I will never purchase another Element TV and I will make sure my friends and family know not to purchase one either. Now I have a 75 inch TV just sitting here.

Element Electronics response

Hi Dena. Thank you for your review. We are sorry you have not had a positive experience with our Element TVs.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2022

In Nov of 2020 I purchased a 70" Element TV. After 11 months, screen went black. I contacted customer service and they were very helpful and eventually issued me a refund. I received the refund in November of 2021 and used it to buy a 75" Element TV on November 5th 2021, assuming that what happened with the last Tv may be a fluke. Well, just today, 12/14/22, the same exact thing happened. Screen is black and can't see anything. The same exact thing that happened with the last TV I bought from them, happened again, this time 13 months after I purchased it. Save yourself the trouble and do NOT purchase an element TV unless you only want to have the TV for one year.

I am now 1 month out of warranty, so I am pretty sure they will not refund me but I would just like to warn others. Companies like this, that produce crap products that last one year, should not be able to sell their products. Again, last time I dealt with their customer service, it did go well but the bottom line is I had two TVs stop working one year after purchase. No matter how good your customer service is, your products should be built to last longer than 1 year. I have 6 other TVs throughout my house and all of them are much older than the Element. I have a Sony that is probably 15 years old in my son's room, and a Samsung in my basement that is probably 8 years old, and a brand called Olevia in my daughter's room that is still kicking after 17 years! It's a shame cause I really liked the TVs with the built in Roku.

Element Electronics response

Hi Michael. Are you able to give us the case number here? I am not finding your name in our system.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2022

Tv started acting weird at 11.5 months but we didn’t notice the melting until 12.2 months. The tv was hot to the touch and the edge of the screen burned causing lines across the screen. Company refused to help because we were two weeks out of warranty.

Element Electronics response

Hi Greg, please reach out to us right away so we can get this resolved for you. To chat with our Customer Service team about this, email us at customerservice@elementelectronics.com – text us at 888-842-3577 – or chat us at www.elementelectronics.com.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

I have had my 70 inch Roku Onn TV for less than a year. For 6 weeks Element has forced me to troubleshoot with 3 employees. Nothing works and they refer me back to Walmart and Walmart escalates it back to Element in the report telling them to refund my TV. The latest employee, Jesse (employee id **-probably a fake) refused to help with issuing my refund or a television replacement. I have vertical black lines running through the center of my television and according to all the reviews online so do thousands of other customers and Walmart has said that Element is required to honor my warranty. Here we are with no resolve and no call from management like requested.

Element Electronics response

Hello Kimber. It sounds like it is just a miscommunication. Reviewing the case, we only see the units that are not under our warranty program. Can you please email us the receipt of the just tv that is under our warranty. Thank you, as this would be most helpful.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

My tv went black with sound in under a year. I called and ended up having to leave a message. It took them a week to call back, but I missed the call. I call right back and same thing on hold till I had to leave a message, but this time no one called me back. My daughter's tv only lasted a year and went black a few months before mine. Unbelievable that these companies don't even respect their consumers, Wish the government would fine them. Once I see something with this company's name I will never buy.

Element Electronics response

Hi Julia, we are experiencing extremely high call volume from our holiday sales. Please feel free to go to our website and start a chat with our agents. This will get you in faster, elementelectronics.com.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

I purchased this TV during Black Friday last year and have had (still having) the same issue continuously. This is ridiculous because when you pay for a product expect it to work correctly and all the company does is direct you to the FAQ section. I realize that this is a late review, but I haven't had time to post until now.

Element Electronics response

Hello GG. We’re disappointed to hear you are not enjoying your Element TV and having continuous issues. If you would like to discuss your TV’s issues, please email our Customer Support team at customerservice@elementelectronics.com – text us at 888-842-3577 – or chat us www.elementelectronics.com.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

GARBAGE TELEVISIONS, This is in regards to a 70 inch Roku Element 4K smart TV model number E4AA70R. I BOUGHT THIS TELEVISION FROM WALMART ABOUT TWO YEARS AGO. ABOUT SIX MONTHS AGO the screen went dark. There was sound to the TV but no picture. I contacted Roku who gave me the number for element electronics. I've been calling Element Electronics for the last six months and no one has gotten back to me, I have also contacted Walmart who instructed me to get a hold of element electronics. I am very frustrated and disappointed I would like a refund or an exchange for this item, today I have a 70 inch worthless television in my living room that I spent hundreds of dollars on very and nothing from the company shameful..

Hello Neil,

It looks like the refund check was mailed out on 10/17/2022.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

Horrible all around. We didn't have the TV for 3 months and it blacked out. Took 2 months to get it to a repair shop then after a month they "no longer make the part we'd need" so sure, "We'll give you a refund FOR $180"! I think that No way in the world we could replace the TV for that. It was an issue they knew about or should have from the reviews on the BBB. Talked to 5 managers with surprisingly American names despite their very thick Indian accents. All told me something different. In the warranty it says replacement is an option but yet EVERY non manager I've talked to has said, "We don't do replacements." They will screw you over hard. Do not buy from them!!! You get nothing but the run around and a big middle finger from them.

Element Electronics response

Hello Kori, sorry to hear the TV is no longer working. After reviewing your case, we refunded your purchase price of the TV. We will escalate the miscommunication of the team communicating several different resolutions.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

I bought a refrigerator manufactured by "Element" from a retailer with warranty. The product is defective and non operational. Called them and they said talk to retailer. Both Retailer and Manufacturer are non responsive and not repairing / replacing the product. The manufacturer "Element" and retailer "Elite Exchange" both are non responsive.

Element Electronics response

Hi Deepak. Thanks for reaching out! We’re sorry to hear that you’re unhappy with your new refrigerator. We have spoken with our escalation specialist here at Element Electronics and they are engage and helping you find a resolution. We will be in touch until this gets resolved for you.

Element Electronics Company Information