3.8/5 (107 reviews)

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks:

Get Pricing

About Signia

Signia is a hearing aid provider with a comprehensive selection of high-tech products. The company values streamlined designs and offers consumers a wide variety of hearing aids to fit their needs. pricing and purchasing are not available online, but you can compare features on its website and order products through a local dealer.

Find Hearing Aids near you

Pros

• High-tech solutions
    • Free trial
    • Comprehensive selection

Cons

• Must buy through local providers
    • Pricing unavailable online

Bottom Line

People looking for many device options will find a comprehensive line of hearing aids from Signia. Available features include motion sensors, speech clarity, rechargeability and high-tech streaming solutions.

Signia Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Signia?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I find it easy to insert and invisible even though I have short hair. I put in the charger nightly and the economic difference since I do no have to replace batteries is substantial. There is clarity of tone. I can adjust the volume. My husband who should be wearing a hearing aid but doesn't watches television while at a high volume. I can lower the sound on my hearing aid so that certainly prevents arguments.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

I went to Tru Hearing in Anaheim, Ca. 92801 just before Covid hit, the ladies claim that the Signia is fitted for my ear canal, I told them I don't remember them taking a mold of the inside of the ear canal, many times & different ladies too, they claim it was adjusted, no it wasn't, when I use it, after I take it out for the night, a lot of pain in ear canal, they don't care. They got my money, it doesn't fit right to this day, Tru Hearing needs to make a mold of the inside of my ear canal & make it fit correctly, they haven't done it yet, I will have to call they again, for them to just do their job correctly the first time, I wouldn't have this problem with the hearing aid. The Signia is cute & red, they need to train the people that sell them a lot more about fitting them to the customer's ear. PLEASE Mrs. ** of Anaheim, Ca.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

Had my hearing aids about a year and they quit working. Had them in for repair and replacement twice. Same problem. No resolve. Had to invest in a different company's hearing aids. Seems like a scam. Insurance company supposedly gives you a break, the hearing aids went discontinued and support was non-existent. It seems other people were having the same problem so going back to the vendor is a lost cause. The hearing aids are still under warranty. What a deal.

Resolution response: Dec. 18, 2020

Because of the number of problems I had with my aids, the company actually connected me with their audiologist. We walked through all of the problems I had in the past. He showed me some things that the local audiologist should have. After about 1/2 hour everything was properly set up and ever since they have been working well. I have become a happy customer. Hear.com bent over backwards to take care of this. I am very appreciative to them.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

I am about to see about returning these. The 45 day test was great and they have never worked right since. First the left went out and they sent it back. 2 1/2 weeks later I got them again. The assistant in the office forgot to pair them, so another trip in. Then that was fixed and the right one went out. The company sent a new pair and I gave the "faulty" ones back. Now- 1 week or so later, the right one is not working. I give up. 3 or 4 months and this is the fourth problem. I am going to ask for my money back. I am a teacher, and it is imperative I can hear what my students say to me. They have been patient with me asking them to say it again or helping the quieter students by repeating what they say. It is not fair. I need to be able to hear clearly, and for this much money, I think there must be something that will continue to work.

Original review: July 28, 2020

I have owned Signia bi-cross hearing aides for about two years. They were my first hearing aids and recommended by the audiologist. During the last two years they have been back to Siemens 4 times for service. I brought them to my audiologist again today because they completely stopped working. The same problems recur each time - static, turning on and off by themselves, loss of bi-cross function. They have been replaced by the manufacturer and the problems persist. At a cost of $4000, it is a complete waste of money. I am planning to replace them with another brand.

Original review: July 18, 2020

I just got my first set of hearing aids, the Signia Pure Charge & Go 7X, 16 days ago and will be returning them for a full refund. Although I love all the features, either the right or left earpieces go completely dead on me. Just stop working. Signia replaced them quickly within a few days claiming this problem was an outlier, however when I picked up the replacements the Hearing Aid Specialist I've been working with claimed the issue could have been caused by the hearing aid getting wet from perspiration (from Arizona heat) and gave me a drying box.

Then the same day I picked up the new set in the morning by 6:00 pm the left earpiece went dead. It had a medium level charge according to the App. and I had been indoors in A/C all day. The only time I went outside with them in 104º heat was <5 minutes to check the mail. There's no way I perspired in that time. Even if I had these hearing aids wouldn't be a good choice for those living or traveling in hot or humid climates.

Although I did listen & watch YouTube reviews prior to purchasing them, which were all positive, I failed to read any user reviews until after the replacements failed. When I did read the reviews online I learned this is a common issue sorry to say. I’m grateful the issues surfaced during the trial period so I can get a full refund, but it's so disappointing. I was so excited about entering the hearing world again & having all the features, but in the future I'm going to research user reviews before purchasing a new set. Big thank you to all those users who have reviewed & inspired me to write about my own experience. I gave them 2 stars rather than 1 only because Signia responded so quickly during the trial period.

Original review: June 8, 2020

I don't know what it's like if you have an apple phone but if you an android device the customer service from Signia and Truhearing is non existent. After shelling out nearly $ 2,000.00 plus what my insurance paid, after a couple of months the bluetooth within their app went out. All but itself. Could not get a response from signia and truhearing said make an appointment to see if they need to be sent back for repair. Wonder what that'll cost me other than not having my nearly $2,000.00 products not available for use for who knows how long. Signia and truhearing if you own an android device are ripping you off. Do not buy them.

Original review: May 9, 2020

I bought my Signia Motion 13NX Motion 13p NX in March 2019. I regret that decision ever since. I had to send them out for repair or replacement 8 times. They are the absolute worst. If your hearing aid specialist suggest Signia please do yourself a favor and say no. I be happy to supply my record. I fought with my insurance, try hearing and signing. My next option is turning it over to small claims court. The only person that been helpful is my provider who stuck. I wasted my 4 year option on hearing aids and use my old pair as a backup. It truly a violation of the American disability act. These things are utterly worthless.

1. 3/16/19 - Purchased hearing aids through Truhearing. 2. 05/21/19 – Right hearing aid replaced due to failure. Requested option to replace through Truhearing. That I live 50 miles from my specialist it 100 mile round trip every time. 3. 06/18/19 – Left hearing aid replaced due to failure. 4. 09/25/19 – Left hearing aid repaired due to failure. 5. 10/04/19 – Right hearing aid repaired due to failure. Requested new pair through Truhearing. 6. 11/06/19 – Right hearing aid replaced. 7. 12/9/19 – Hearing aids replaced with same model. 8. 02/12/20 – Left hearing aid repaired due to failure. 9. 5/8/2020

Signia response

Hi Dane, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconveniences experienced. We're hear to help and now offer direct shipping repair service to prevent you from having to make the long drive. If you can private message us with your serial #s we will start the process to quickly provide you with any repair/ replacement necessary at no cost. Thank you

Original review: April 27, 2020

I purchased Signia Siemens Cellion Left and Right Hearing Aids with rechargeable batteries in 2017. They worked well for one year, but after that one year, and every year since, I've had crackling or whistling in either the Left or Right H.A. causing me to get help from my audiologist who sent them to the manufacturer for repair of the Left H.A. in 2018, and for replacement of both H.A. in 2019, this meant two trips each time to his office. This third year, despite the confinement for seniors, I shall have to make two more trips to my audiologist's office for the same whistling that occurred again, this time in both H.A. on 04/2020. My warranty expires on 08/2020. Does one have to expect a future of yearly problems from these costly hearing aids that are proving so unreliable and defective?

Signia response

Hi MarieLouise, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconveniences experienced. We're hear to help and now offer direct shipping repair service while many clinics are closed or partially open. If you can private message us with your serial #s we will start the process to quickly provide you with any repair/ replacement necessary at no cost. Thank you

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

Signia is my second set of hearing aides and they were much more expensive than my first set. Of course when the audiologists sold them to me she pointed out all the bells and whistles that my other set didn’t have. I have to say they have been very disappointing thus far. I’ve had them approximately two years and I’ve had nothing but issues from the start. The original problem I had was that they would turn on and off several times per day for no reason. The second issue I have is that they cut in and out all the time. Originally they blamed the humidity (even though it wasn’t humid). They gave me one of the “dry boxes” to store them in but the issue continued. They finally set them to Signia and supposedly replaced them and the issue is happening again.

It’s the middle of winter here so not sure what they will blame it on now. I’m reading all the reviews online. I see this is a common issue with Signia. I agree with the other reviews about the loudest of background noise too. Very disappointing after all the money I’ve spent. These may be have more bells and whistles than my other set but my other set never once had to be sent out for service or repair. Will never purchase this brand again!! Don’t waste your money!!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

I paid $5000 for the Cellion hearing aids with rechargeable batteries. This is the first pair of hearing aids I have ever owned. I have owned them for 2 years and have had to return to the audiologist 6 times already for battery issues. They work fine for a while then either start to cut out completely or give me the low battery warning when I have only had them on for a few hours and they charged all night. I had one replaced thru a rapid exchange 6 months ago and it is starting to do the same thing already. Am wondering if I was better off with replaceable battery set. Audiologist is fine with checking them out and sending back for service but this is getting tiring since I have to take off work every time I have an issue.

Signia response

Hi Art, thank you for sharing your experience and we apologize for the inconveniences encountered. We definitely agree to have your audiologist check the aids and send in to us for repair or replacement. Please private message us if you have any additional questions as we are here to help.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

I don't have the specific model type info available right now - the pair cost me $7150. The most expensive model my audiologist had. All the bells and whistles, extended warranty, etc, etc, blah, blah... About 7 (or more) visits in the first 9 months for repairs and one replacement/send in fix - Without my right one for almost two weeks. These are 'paired'. If you don't have the right one, there is no way to raise the volume manually on these (left lowers, right raises). You are stuck with using the phone app. The phone app I had originally was pathetic. It would work about 50% of the time. Maybe.

The newest version of this app is even worse. They have also taken away some of the features of the original app. Those are features I paid extra for. Insert inappropriate language here. I'm getting 'hot' again just writing about this.. Go to Costco. Buy a different brand. Get things in writing (warranty, service, etc). I can get 3 pairs of good aids for what I paid for these. Two pairs of the best... I could write more specific details about noise issues, click sleeves (?) coming apart when removing aid from ear ($285 visit to doctor to remove the remaining part from my ear canal). Absolutely NOT recommended, especially for the price paid.

Signia response

Hi David, thank you for sharing your experience and we apologize for the inconveniences experienced. We are confident we can help resolve any lingering issues to ensure you get the full benefit from your investment in our hearing technology. If you would like us to explore a no cost repair or replacement please private message us your hearing aid serial #s to begin the process for you. Thank you

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

They amplify background noise so much, I feel I am inside the A/C or the heater, it really drives me crazy to have this hearing aids on, and I don't see any benefit in discriminating words better in conversation.

Signia response

Hi Vit, thank you for sharing your experience and we're sorry to hear of your less than desirable experience. We are here to help and we're certain that we can improve your situation and would like to support your hearing specialist in doing so. Can you please message us with your serial #s and clinic name to get started? Thank you

Original review: July 19, 2019

I have had my Siemens Pure Micron hearing aids for over six (6) years. I chose this brand because of the Siemens name. They have worked famously for me. However, in recent weeks, I've noticed that the ear-to-ear wireless communication has stopped working. I must adjust each unit individually. When I was in for a cleaning today, I mentioned this problem to the technician. She tried to explain that this can happen and that their newer equipment does not support this feature any longer. I paid dearly for these hearing aids and now one of their key features is gone. What will go next… the program control? Perhaps the reasoning is that I will buy a new pair. Because of their shortsightedness, my next units will NOT be Siemens/Signia.

Signia response

Hi Ken, apologies for the delayed response as we were just able to get access to respond on this website. So we understand the inconvenience and would like to help resolve the issue for you. Due to the effects of wear and tear from regular usage, the typical life of a hearing aid is generally around 5 to 6 years. Much alike a well used automobile, eventually parts may fail and need to be replaced. Could you please privately respond with your hearing aid serial #s so we can investigate options to resolve this issue for you? Thank you

Original review: June 6, 2019

So disappointed and out $3,000 with fake intermittent hearing aids that don't stay in and keep cutting out. All they amplify is background noise and you have to deal with too many different people and middlemen. Maybe they work better if you live in Germany. Plus the companies just wanted my credit score and to sell me expensive loans. I can't find if they were approved by the FDA.

Signia response

Hi Anna, apologies for the delayed response as we were just able to get access to respond on this website. We can definitely help resolve an issues you are experiencing with your devices to ensure optimal benefit from your purchase. Can you please send a private response with those details and your hearing aid serial #s? Thank you

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Recently I called customer care about an issue. The representative would not listen, had no information to address my concern except "she was told by her manager". When I asked to speak with the manager I was told "that's not going to happen" and hung up. This is the kind of service you can expect from a $6,000 purchase. Speaks volumes. Beware.

Signia response

Hi Ray, apologies for the delayed response as we were just able to get access to respond on this website. So we very want to make this right for you and we are confident we can quickly do so to address any product issues you may be encountering. Could you privately respond with more details if still encountering any issues? Thank you

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Through a hearing aid specialist, within the past year, I recently purchased a pair of Signia hearing aids. They never helped my problem as they only magnified the noises around me and not conversations. Twice they failed by suddenly started producing static (while under warranty) and I haven't finished paying for them! Look for something much less expensive because I didn't and I regret it!

Original review: June 21, 2018

The fidelity of the hearing aid is good, not great; but that may be true of all in the ear hearing aids. The Bluetooth leaves much to be desired. It should connect with the hearing device so that phone calls and media go right into my ear. Unfortunately, it constantly shuts off and I have to reconnect it. Second problem is that when I am talking on the phone using the Bluetooth, the people I am talking to constantly tell me I sound like I am in a tunnel. They also tell me that my voice is fading in and out, even if I hold the Bluetooth directly in front of my mouth. It is a disappointing product. Previously, I had bought my hearing aid at Costco, which was literally two thirds less expensive. Although the fidelity of the Costco hearing aid was lousy, the Bluetooth worked perfectly.

Original review: March 9, 2018

Bought Signia hearing aids, then had to replace one, ordered it thru local audiologist, and it's now been 17 days since they placed order with Signia and still not arrived. When they called Signia, were told by customer service, "Ooh, yeah, we are just processing that order today". Find a better manufacturer of hearing aids than Signia.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I bought a pair of Lotus Run SP hearing aids. When I have received them I was promised a fitting app to have them fitted to my hearing. In their advertisements of these particular hearing aids they do not say if you live in the U.S. you can't get them fitted because you can't get the app in the US. I bought these hearing aids from one of Sivantos Partners in India.

I've contacted them and I have contacted the Sivantos company. I requested help. All I was told because I live in the U.S. I am not entitled to this app. I cannot afford to pay $3,000 for hearing aids for I am disabled and yes I do live in the U.S. I have profound hearing loss in my left ear and severe hearing loss in my right ear. So now I am stuck with hearing aids that cannot be fitted to my hearing. Still no reply from the company other than telling me because I live in the U.S. I'm not entitled for the app. What is wrong with this picture here. Not every American could afford to pay a lot of money for hearing aids. There are some of us that are disabled and have to live on SSI and Medicaid which do not cover for hearing aids.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

Hearing aids are very expensive for what you get in return. Do your homework before you buy. I did not and I regret it. I spent thousands of dollars on Siemens BTE RIC hearing aids that have been a huge disappointment. I have owned them 5 yrs. and they have only worked for 2 and a half maybe 3 yrs. of the 5yrs. After purchasing them and having them repaired once under warranty by the dealer I have spent another $1200 in repairs. The dealer I went to went out of business. I tried to contact the company, SIGNIA, directly about repairs and they just referred me to another dealer. I got zero help from them. DON'T BUY SIEMENS OR SIGNIA. AVOID A HUGE HEADACHE!!!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

Very helpful and polite. Were able to provide me with specifics and information on this product. Able to answer all questions, very eager to sell and eager to find out my needs, so they may be addressed correctly. I would recommend to anyone that is in need of a hearing aid. Great brand! The product performed very well for me. Easy to use and still going strong. No issues so far but I was made aware that any issues I had they would be willing to help me with. So far I am very pleased with this product and the pricing. Seems well worth the time and money invested. The test of time will really be the deciding factor on the worth of this product. I have not had it long but so far I am very pleased with it!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

It has always a nice staff to help you when you need it. I feel a care client always, I know I can find what I need. Good product and quality. Just what I want and need, affordable and always good stock, love this brand. Good value, trusty brand high care for you. Of course I recommended good quality. Hope everybody like this product and brand. Super good and nice.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

Store employees are right there in a flash when you need any assistance. They are very friendly and highly knowledgeable when it comes to their store. High quality, amazing, very very durable brand. You cannot find better quality out there on the market. We've been a customer for YEARS! We love this company so much because their items LAST for YEARS. We aren't wasting our money on any Walmart/Target low quality junk. Sorry to be blunt but it's the truth! We love the quality, it lasts and lasts forever. We aren't dealing with typical major store cheap junk. We aren't replacing the same items every six months and wasting our money.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

Customer service is excellent and goes beyond the call to help. They are very friendly and knowledgeable in all areas. They fix the problem that you might or might not be having in a very timely manner. The product is the best around. There's no need to go anywhere else because their products are the best. Their products are unique and exactly what you are looking for even if you don't know it. The value their products has brought to my life is far much better than I ever imagined it would be. I was recommended their products by a close family friend and thank them all the time for recommending the products to me. The quality of the products is excellent. They make the best products around and you won't be disappointed if you were to purchase from them.

Signia Company Information

Formerly Named:
    Siemens Hearing Aids
    P.O. Box 1397 ]
    Piscataway
    NJ
    usa.bestsoundtechnology.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: