Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.31/5

World Gym Reviews

Original review: April 14, 2020

It is a great gym that has an abundance of equipment, and very friendly staff. Also it is very affordable. Gyms like this are getting harder to find because less and less people are lifting weights these days.

Original review: April 9, 2020

The World Gym is great. Exercise really easy. And with great confidence. It helps to have great customer service to deal with. And who are polite and quick to respond to customers' needs or wants. Appreciate all you do.

Get buying tips about Gyms and Fitness Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2020

I really like the machines and the facilities there. Clean and study. The shower are awesome. I like when they bring out the fresh towels and they also have the private lockers and the Jacuzzi. Nobody can beat that lol.

Original review: April 20, 2020

Your welcoming is perfect. I also enjoy the place. Everything is done perfectly. It is good and I wish you must have an experience by joining. Be hopefully and be sure to join and it will help you a lot.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

I joined the member on Oct 31, 2019. After I joined the member in one days, they have promotion: "No Payment until January, 2020." I required the Manager phoned me but Jasmine didn't phone me. They have one free coach in begin when everybody join the member. The lady text messages to me and we had an appointment on Saturday. I wait in the lobby but she didn't show up. This is waste my time. They have bad services and didn't treat customer respectful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about World Gym?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

My son had a membership with World Gym four years ago. The last time he attended the gym was four years ago. He has an illness that results in his inability to go into public places. This year I discovered World Gym was still charging him for the gym. Fair enough. He did not go in and cancel. I went in to cancel for him after discovering this news. I explained the situation and asked for a refund of the latest charge. They would not budge. Sorry, but it is crookery when you know you are taking money for four years from someone on a disability, who cannot walk into the premises and cancel. It would have been a decent and, frankly, better business approach to simply offer the refund. Be aware of the kind of place you are giving your business to. This kind of crookery should not be supported.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Tuesday December 4, 2018. Today I was at the WORLD GYM in San Francisco. I've been a member of the gym for about a year, but in the middle of my work out, Alicia the "Manager" as she stated, came at me around 7:15 p.m. yelling and screaming at me not to use metal plates in the padded area by the front entrance, where I've been using them for about a year. She told me that I have to use those plates on the wooden platforms all the way to the back of the gym. I try to get an explanation as to why would I used metal plates in the wooden platforms and not on the padded areas like I always do.

She then started yelling some more telling me that I have to do what she says or I was going to get kick out of the gym. I really do not know why this happened, because all the staff is usually very professional and friendly. She made me feel harassed and discriminated. I told her that I wanted to cancel my membership and to get a refund for the payment I made in advance for this month. She just ignored me and took the equipment I was using. I went to the front desk to try to get some help and an explanation as to what was happening. She followed to the front desk and kept yelling at me ' I'm the Manager". I really like this gym but I don't want to be treated like that. I have only seen this person for a couple of month at the gym; Can someone please help me to get my money back for the already paid month of December... Please HELP!

Original review: June 11, 2018

Overall the gym meet everyone needs, they have a variety of classes, the weight room, has a variety of machines & free weights. Although equipment is not top of the line, it is always in workable condition. Another good feature, is that it is never overcrowded.

Original review: May 2, 2018

So I lived In Toronto all my life and due to my children and their mom moving to Regina Sask, I left my home in hopes of a better life. Now I had a World Gym membership which I utilized for a good 6 months and of course had to cancel short term due to me moving literal provinces. Now this was around 2015, I recently look at my bank statement to realize they have been charging me for around 3 years a total of around $450. When I confronted them, they took at least a month to get back to me, and stated "if you do not have the cancellation form there is nothing we can do for you." If you have any info on how to take this corrupt gym down please email me or reply. I want revenge.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Okay so it has been my second year at this gym, the first year I just went how I felt like it and I didn't actually get any results, at the end I was just paying for something that I didn't use. This year I decided to take a personal trainer, What a Mistake! I was with this guy from November until beginning of March, yeah I kinda liked it but my experience was horrible. He gave me one diet plan the whole time I was with him (only a few months), I was "Running" after my fitness program that I didn't get, I texted him, called him and each time he said "yeah I'll get it next week." "Oh it will be at the check in tomorrow." "Oh I will send it to you." So at the end, still didn't get a plan, I paid for a semi-private trainer, he was always late and never organized. Finally he was kicked out of the World Gym, OMG what a problem to get another trainer.

I spoke with so much people from the World Gym (+/- in charge). They all said "ah just call the head office". Couldn't get hold of ANYONE! Finally contacted someone who actually could help me. "Btw she was sooo kind and sweet". I told her the situation, she apologized for the inconvenience and told me that I would get a "few" sessions back and that another personal trainer would contact me soon, (all that time I was still paying for the trainer fees like 200$ a month (not the exact amount*) that I didn't get or use. I told that kind lady that I was not interested anymore, I waited so much time, busted my ** to contact someone and wanted to cancel my plan, she told me that I would have a penalty fee that was over a 1000$.

It has been now over 6 weeks that I didn't have any trainer and still paying over 200*$ a month. I'm sick of it, so yeah, the gym is good but don't sign any papers with a coach. What made my experience so horrible with the coach?: Always late, never had my plans, texting in my face when we were together, once he was 30 minutes late, we did a basic training for 15 minutes and after "he showed me the door" like goodbye, we even didn't talk about "me", my goals and stuff like that, isn't that the Basic* thing you should do with a client? Didn't really care about the job (was talking to me about his other job and stuff). With the ladies*! Oh then it was different, when I was coming to train alone, I saw him with other clients (female) then he was always on time, helped them until the last minute but with the guys, he didn't "care".

World Gym author review by Joey Thurman

World Gym was founded in 1976 by Joe Gold, the founder of Gold’s Gym, in Venice, California. It began as a part of the “Muscle Beach” celebrity fitness scene and is today a franchise gym with 85 United States locations and branches in 16 other countries. It is dedicated to remaining a traditional, no-frills gym experience for those serious about weight training and fitness.

• Focus on weight training: World Gym is best known for its focus on weight training, with state-of-the-art strength equipment including machines, free weights and more.

• Cardio: While World Gym focuses on weight training, it also recognizes the importance of cardio for a healthy fitness routine. Locations feature cardio machines like treadmills, stationary bikes, ellipticals and more.

• Nutrition: Many gym locations offer a nutrition bar featuring protein shakes, smoothies and more to help individuals prepare for workouts and recover more quickly.

• Services: Certified personal trainers offer classes and personal coaching services at most locations. Other services available at some World Gym locations include chiropractic therapy, tanning, nutrition counseling, physical therapy and more.

• Gear: World Gym offers a full line of fitness apparel and gear on its website and at locations across the world.

by Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Expert

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

World Gym Company Information