Find a Weight Loss Programs partner

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

About Personal Trainer Food

Personal Trainer Food meal plans focus on real foods such as meats, eggs, vegetables, nuts and cheeses. All meals are preportioned, precooked and flash-frozen to lock in flavor and nutrients. Personal Trainer Food delivers right to your door with free shipping.

Pros

• Personal coaching
  • Free shipping
  • Convenient

Cons

• Restrictive
  • Expensive

Bottom Line

Each prepacked meal takes about three minutes to microwave. Some may experience sugar withdrawal in the early days of the program. PTF coaching comes in different levels, customizable to how much users need.

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

Personal Trainer Food Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Personal Trainer Food?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Personal Trainer Food?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

I did the larger package that included Breakfast Lunch and Dinner. The meals are very good in taste, the portions are a decent size for a "diet" plan. It is very convenient plan also. It only takes a quick 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 minutes to cook the meal in the microwave and you have a hot meal. I've even taken the food with me to friends' houses and didn't feel like I was missing out or cheating. The support is also very good. I only used the email method to ask questions, but found them very responsive.

I have used the program twice and was pleased both times - the first time was when I just let myself go and I needed to get it together. The second time was to see if I could improve on the results that I got the first time. I will more than likely use it again as I have move across country, started working from home, lost access to a gym being nearby, had a surgery and have another one coming up... It's time to get it back together again for the last time!

Resolution response: July 12, 2018

I have since spoke. With this company and had other issues that were in no way the fault of PTF and they have taken care of me 100% so far. I had to speak to Niki in order to do this and our interaction was much better. I want to give the benefit of doubt that maybe I misunderstood her tone or what was said and maybe misinterpreted the situation. Maybe she was just having a bad day, everyone is entitled to have one of those every now and then. Whatever the situation she has been very kind and very helpful. I felt very reassured after speaking to her. I will say this because my reviews are always 100% honest, my delivery hasn’t arrived yet so I can’t say if the other issues are resolved as far as the sauces And such but I was really concerned about the communication issue and that has been resolved and my faith in them restored. I do not want to elaborate on new issue as I said some things happens that was out of PTF’s hand’s that delayed my shipment but Niki has worked diligently to fix a problem that they didn’t create or have any control of.

Original review: July 9, 2018

First I do not expect Personal Trainer Food to respond to me. From looking at all the other reviews, the only responses are when someone is raving about them. So I heard of this company on Groupon. I have done food ordering one time and it was through Home Chef. I absolutely loved the experience. When I was looking at other deals for that company this one popped up. I checked it out and saw it’s based around weight loss. I am a single mom who is disabled at this time and on a fixed income, so every penny counts. I did a lot of research before purchasing. I even checked out the reviews on this website as it is not affiliated with PTF.

I was interested in the 28-day REV program. It was offering the deal for $279 but then for the 4th of July weekend it went down to $249. While checking the reviews on here I came across the review that explained that the person was upset because they bought the Groupon and then found out that for dinner you are only given two veggies instead of a protein (meat) and a veggie. I was happy I saw this because I was not aware of this before that. Also in the video on their site the girl states that the four sauces come with the REV program. But you get one and the others have to be purchased. So I tried to call them but was only able to reach someone via chat. I explained the situation and she finally agreed to honor the advertisement.

She told me to email once my order was placed and then they would send the sauces. Great! Part of the program is that you personal follow up weekly in phone calls. I scheduled my first call and when Niki called I explained the situation and that I had emailed but not heard back. She said that Tracy who I had chatted with was taking care of it at the moment. Still have not heard from anyone. Then I start to explain that I had done research and seen in the reviews before purchasing that someone else had purchased and then found out that they would only get two veggies for dinner. She cut me off to become defensive and stated that it’s on the Groupon and on their site.

Well I wasn’t telling her to criticize anyone so I didn’t understand the defensive attitude. But honestly I did not see that either and had I not seen the review I would have been upset too. In any event I was trying to explain that did not bother me but while placing my order it offered me the option to spend an extra $50 to trade one of the dinner veggies for a protein. I had asked Tracy during our live chat if doing that would affect the weight loss. Her first answer to me was “The average weight loss is 2-6 pounds per week.” I had not asked how much weight I would lose but if I did opt to trade the veggie for a protein would it affect it. She then stated that sticking to the two veggies is a more accelerated weight loss. I did not feel too sure about her answer because of the way she had answered my question.

It made me feel like she wasn’t sure and just answered by guessing. So I asked Niki this question and she said it’s just like Tracy had said and that Tracy had answered my questions. I explained that she didn’t answer my question the first time so it made me feel not secure with her answer. She then said something to the effect of that it’s obvious if you add food it will add calories. I said it’s not adding food it’s trading food. She began to argue that with me. It does not say for $50 you can add a protein.

It clearly states that you can switch a vegetable for a protein and then it goes from 84 veggies to 56, and from 28 proteins to 56. So at this point I was not comfortable at all. I asked if there was someone else I could speak to besides her for my weekly follow-ups as I feel a very strong negative attitude from her. She told me it’s only her or Tracy. So I just paid all this money and to use the services that I paid for which is someone that talks to me weekly and checks in, I have to tolerate someone being nasty to me. No ma'am. This is wrong.

Original review: July 8, 2018

I really thought that I was getting a full month of food - the counts were for two weeks - but if I am on a 28 day reorder cycle - what the heck am I supposed to do after all the food is gone. Am I only supposed to be eating every other day - or only half the food that was delivered. I feel like this program is deceptive.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I have been receiving Personal Trainer food for about 2 months now. The package when delivered has had melted ice, frozen food cracked and packages of food open. I let this go by for my first 3 deliveries because I really do enjoy the program, it's easy and food is good. However, today I received my 4th package, all of the ice was melted and the food totally defrosted. When I called to complain I was told "Well I can ship you a replacement order which will get there next Wednesday. We don't do overnight, nor can we guarantee delivery" (today is Friday) - I now have a trash can full of wasted food and no food in my freezer to eat until next Wednesday.

I had also ordered chocolate shakes with all of my orders and only received them once - I called the first time and they were shipped, they came in the second order, and no shakes in 3rd or 4th order, even after calling to ensure they were still to be included. Since I had auto delivery set up as my program I now chose to cancel and will look elsewhere for a home delivery program. I can only see this getting worse as the summer is now in full swing and their packaging methods leave much to be desired, along with customer service when logging a complaint.

Resolution response: June 25, 2018

I found myself very frustrated with a PTF staff member who finally responded to my complaints via email!!
After several contacts back and forth, with PTF, another staff member contacted me, apologized for how my delivery issues had been handled and immediately took proactive action to remediate the situation. The communication was great! I was issued a full refund, and unexpectedly both my daughter and I received a complimentary 'snack package' from PTF...I do have to admit they are delicious!!
The way my issues from my orders were handled this time was very refreshing!!
While I've chosen to not re-order from PTF, I have revised my initial opinion of PTF due to the outstanding customer service I did eventually receive.

Thank you Gunner, you are definitely an asset to PTF and it's mission!!!

Original review: May 15, 2018

28 Day REV! After months of following PTF reviews I decided to order and see if I could achieve the results others have. My daughter said she would do it with me, so I placed 2 separate orders, 1 for myself, 1 for her on the same evening. Notable: we only live 3 miles away from each other. So, order placed, we both received our orders within 2 hours of each other. When we opened our boxes there were 2 small EMPTY bags that were supposed to have dry ice in them. When pulling out the items, breakfast was on top... ALL the omelettes and meat were thawed! The omelettes were 'floppy' like rubber, not even 'cool' to the touch!!

Continuing through the order, vegetables were next. ALL the vegetables except 14 packages in the very center of my box we completely thawed-some of which were actually pulverized looking due to being thawed for who knows how long!!! On the next layer, meats. ALL the meats were thawed and like the omelettes 'floppy'!! The entire interior of the Styrofoam cooler was WET, even the paperwork in the bottom was soaking wet!!! My daughter had opened her box, SAME THING, only difference was she was able to salvage 17 packages of vegetables.

I cannot explain how angry, disappointed and upset I am over THIS buying experience, out of almost 300 packages of food ONLY 31 were salvageable and it cost a small fortune!! I should have taken photos to document but was so upset with this wet disaster on my hands everything went straight into the trash!!! I have purchased many items online that require constant cold and they ALWAYS packed appropriately and always arrived in perfect condition, not so with PTF orders. I will NOT order from them nor will I recommend them to others!!

Original review: April 12, 2018

Personal Trainer Food has been a lifesaver. This company, by far, provides the most convenient meal plan service and it saves me a lot of money compared to going to the grocery store and eating out at restaurants. The food is also super good and I have lost over 35 lbs. because of Personal Trainer Food. Thank you!

Hi Jack,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Congratulations on being down 35lbs form using our program! We are so happy to hear that you've had a great experience. If you need anything, please feel free to reach out any time!

Original review: March 26, 2018

We started on this program in Jan 2017 and have lost close to 40 lbs now (end of March). We love the food and convenience but some of the meat choices are VERY garlic-ee!! It's a little too much garlic. Other than that we love it.

Hi Darrell,

Thank you for your review and feedback! Congratulations on your incredible results. We are so happy to hear that this program worked well for you. If you need anything at all, please get in touch anytime.

Original review: March 16, 2018

Thank you. This is my second order and I couldn’t be happier. The only thing I wish is that when packing it things didn’t come in already open. Several times I find the green beings are broken and open in the bottom. If that is my only complaint you should know your food is delicious. I’m only hoping I can afford it a third time because it’s working perfectly for me someone that’s busy.

Hi Theresa,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate your feedback regarding the green beans packaging. We will see that this gets passed along to the appropriate party. Be sure to follow us on social media as we often promote our best deals there. If you need anything at all, please feel free to reach out anytime!

Original review: March 6, 2018

The portion size and the convenience of Personal Trainer Food fit my lifestyle very well. Their customer service was great. They knew their products inside and out. They knew their service plans inside and out. Plus, they were there if you needed to ask questions and they were completely ready to do whatever you wanted to do. For a while, I just ordered breakfast and that was all I wanted and they were very accommodating with that. Everything arrived when it was supposed to and how it was supposed to. They flash froze all of their vegetables and they tasted really fresh. It was a surprisingly a wonderful product for being a diet-type thing. The food tasted really well. It got monotonous after a while but their cheesy breakfast omelets were wonderful.

We were with Personal Trainer Food about six months but we stopped our subscription and I certainly would consider using them again. If I ever needed that kind of solution, some quick, ready-to-go, easy to keep frozen meals for portion control, they would be my first go-to easily. They provide wonderful quality food, they offer very competitive pricing and it is hassle-free.

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that you have enjoyed our program. Thank you for the opportunity to be a resource for your goals. If you need anything at all, please feel free to get in touch anytime!

No response received
Original review: March 4, 2018

My order was suppose to be delivered on 2/28 and never was delivered. Called PTF and was told nothing could be done until the package arrived. When the package was delivered Thursday, the food was thawed and warm. PTF did send another package to be delivered Saturday. No package on Saturday because PTF shipped it ground. Not happy with this company or FedEx.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I was extremely excited to try this. FedEx said it was delivered around 1:30. When I got home 20 minutes after, no package. FedEx says it was delivered to correct address. It was either delivered to the wrong address or stolen. I would think a package worth $300 would have a signature required. This review isn’t on the food because I wasn’t able to try it. This review is on my experience ordering.

Personal Trainer Food Company Information