Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

4.41/5

Personal Trainer Food

Personal Trainer Food is the most delicious way to lose weight.

Our meal plans focus on real foods such as meats, eggs, vegetables, nuts, and cheeses.

No more guesswork— you get foods that work with your body to help you lose weight naturally.

All meals are perfectly portioned, pre-cooked, and flash-frozen to lock in flavor and nutrients. We deliver right to your door with free shipping. Nothing is more convenient.

See how easy and enjoyable weight loss can be today!

View More View More

Personal Trainer Food Reviews

Original review: July 8, 2018

I really thought that I was getting a full month of food - the counts were for two weeks - but if I am on a 28 day reorder cycle - what the heck am I supposed to do after all the food is gone. Am I only supposed to be eating every other day - or only half the food that was delivered. I feel like this program is deceptive.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I have been receiving Personal Trainer food for about 2 months now. The package when delivered has had melted ice, frozen food cracked and packages of food open. I let this go by for my first 3 deliveries because I really do enjoy the program, it's easy and food is good. However, today I received my 4th package, all of the ice was melted and the food totally defrosted. When I called to complain I was told "Well I can ship you a replacement order which will get there next Wednesday. We don't do overnight, nor can we guarantee delivery" (today is Friday) - I now have a trash can full of wasted food and no food in my freezer to eat until next Wednesday.

I had also ordered chocolate shakes with all of my orders and only received them once - I called the first time and they were shipped, they came in the second order, and no shakes in 3rd or 4th order, even after calling to ensure they were still to be included. Since I had auto delivery set up as my program I now chose to cancel and will look elsewhere for a home delivery program. I can only see this getting worse as the summer is now in full swing and their packaging methods leave much to be desired, along with customer service when logging a complaint.

Resolution response: June 25, 2018

I found myself very frustrated with a PTF staff member who finally responded to my complaints via email!!
After several contacts back and forth, with PTF, another staff member contacted me, apologized for how my delivery issues had been handled and immediately took proactive action to remediate the situation. The communication was great! I was issued a full refund, and unexpectedly both my daughter and I received a complimentary 'snack package' from PTF...I do have to admit they are delicious!!
The way my issues from my orders were handled this time was very refreshing!!
While I've chosen to not re-order from PTF, I have revised my initial opinion of PTF due to the outstanding customer service I did eventually receive.

Thank you Gunner, you are definitely an asset to PTF and it's mission!!!

Original review: May 15, 2018

28 Day REV! After months of following PTF reviews I decided to order and see if I could achieve the results others have. My daughter said she would do it with me, so I placed 2 separate orders, 1 for myself, 1 for her on the same evening. Notable: we only live 3 miles away from each other. So, order placed, we both received our orders within 2 hours of each other. When we opened our boxes there were 2 small EMPTY bags that were supposed to have dry ice in them. When pulling out the items, breakfast was on top... ALL the omelettes and meat were thawed! The omelettes were 'floppy' like rubber, not even 'cool' to the touch!!

Continuing through the order, vegetables were next. ALL the vegetables except 14 packages in the very center of my box we completely thawed-some of which were actually pulverized looking due to being thawed for who knows how long!!! On the next layer, meats. ALL the meats were thawed and like the omelettes 'floppy'!! The entire interior of the Styrofoam cooler was WET, even the paperwork in the bottom was soaking wet!!! My daughter had opened her box, SAME THING, only difference was she was able to salvage 17 packages of vegetables.

I cannot explain how angry, disappointed and upset I am over THIS buying experience, out of almost 300 packages of food ONLY 31 were salvageable and it cost a small fortune!! I should have taken photos to document but was so upset with this wet disaster on my hands everything went straight into the trash!!! I have purchased many items online that require constant cold and they ALWAYS packed appropriately and always arrived in perfect condition, not so with PTF orders. I will NOT order from them nor will I recommend them to others!!

Original review: April 12, 2018

Personal Trainer Food has been a lifesaver. This company, by far, provides the most convenient meal plan service and it saves me a lot of money compared to going to the grocery store and eating out at restaurants. The food is also super good and I have lost over 35 lbs. because of Personal Trainer Food. Thank you!

Hi Jack,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Congratulations on being down 35lbs form using our program! We are so happy to hear that you've had a great experience. If you need anything, please feel free to reach out any time!

Original review: March 26, 2018

We started on this program in Jan 2017 and have lost close to 40 lbs now (end of March). We love the food and convenience but some of the meat choices are VERY garlic-ee!! It's a little too much garlic. Other than that we love it.

Hi Darrell,

Thank you for your review and feedback! Congratulations on your incredible results. We are so happy to hear that this program worked well for you. If you need anything at all, please get in touch anytime.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Personal Trainer Food?

Original review: March 16, 2018

Thank you. This is my second order and I couldn’t be happier. The only thing I wish is that when packing it things didn’t come in already open. Several times I find the green beings are broken and open in the bottom. If that is my only complaint you should know your food is delicious. I’m only hoping I can afford it a third time because it’s working perfectly for me someone that’s busy.

Hi Theresa,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate your feedback regarding the green beans packaging. We will see that this gets passed along to the appropriate party. Be sure to follow us on social media as we often promote our best deals there. If you need anything at all, please feel free to reach out anytime!

Original review: March 6, 2018

The portion size and the convenience of Personal Trainer Food fit my lifestyle very well. Their customer service was great. They knew their products inside and out. They knew their service plans inside and out. Plus, they were there if you needed to ask questions and they were completely ready to do whatever you wanted to do. For a while, I just ordered breakfast and that was all I wanted and they were very accommodating with that. Everything arrived when it was supposed to and how it was supposed to. They flash froze all of their vegetables and they tasted really fresh. It was a surprisingly a wonderful product for being a diet-type thing. The food tasted really well. It got monotonous after a while but their cheesy breakfast omelets were wonderful.

We were with Personal Trainer Food about six months but we stopped our subscription and I certainly would consider using them again. If I ever needed that kind of solution, some quick, ready-to-go, easy to keep frozen meals for portion control, they would be my first go-to easily. They provide wonderful quality food, they offer very competitive pricing and it is hassle-free.

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that you have enjoyed our program. Thank you for the opportunity to be a resource for your goals. If you need anything at all, please feel free to get in touch anytime!

No response received
Original review: March 4, 2018

My order was suppose to be delivered on 2/28 and never was delivered. Called PTF and was told nothing could be done until the package arrived. When the package was delivered Thursday, the food was thawed and warm. PTF did send another package to be delivered Saturday. No package on Saturday because PTF shipped it ground. Not happy with this company or FedEx.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I was extremely excited to try this. FedEx said it was delivered around 1:30. When I got home 20 minutes after, no package. FedEx says it was delivered to correct address. It was either delivered to the wrong address or stolen. I would think a package worth $300 would have a signature required. This review isn’t on the food because I wasn’t able to try it. This review is on my experience ordering.

Original review: March 2, 2018

My experience with Personal Trainer Food has been very good. They all have done a wonderful job. My sister who lives in San Antonio told me about it and she had done it before and it worked for her, so I thought I'd do it too. I wanted to lose some weight and get healthier. The reps that I spoke to have always been very nice. When my order has been wrong, they have been happy to correct it. The quality of their food has been very good. I like it and it doesn't have so many carbs. They deliver it to your door, which is wonderful. I'd tell my friends to give them a try as it might help them, too.

Hi Charlotte,

Thank you for your review! We are so thrilled to hear about your pleasant experience with our program. We hope to continue to be a resource for both you and your sister. If you need anything at all, please feel free to get in touch anytime!

Personal Trainer Food Company Information