Call toll free
Based on 82 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free
(844) 611-2098

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Personal Trainer Food is the most delicious way to lose weight.

Our meal plans focus on real foods such as meats, eggs, vegetables, nuts, and cheeses.

No more guesswork— you get foods that work with your body to help you lose weight naturally.

All meals are perfectly portioned, pre-cooked, and flash-frozen to lock in flavor and nutrients. We deliver right to your door with free shipping. Nothing is more convenient.

See how easy and enjoyable weight loss can be today!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 17, 2018

95 Personal Trainer Food Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Personal Trainer Food's price was reasonable and it was easy to process everything that was listed. The breaded chicken patty, hamburger, and chicken tenders were all my favorites. Also, the vegetables were all fine. I enjoyed my experience with Personal Trainer Food.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I ordered the program for the first time at a great discount. I honestly wasn't expecting much as I've tried a few other programs where you order the food, but haven't really cared for them. I just thought I would give this a try. I've only been on the program for about a week, but it's awesome! I'm such a picky eater, but I LOVE the food. I expected to feel tired with the lower amount of carbs, but I don't. This is the first diet in years that I've actually been able to stick to without cheating at least a little every day. I know it may be a little higher in sodium, but in the end, I probably wouldn't like the taste if it wasn't. I would also not be losing weight, and feeling so much better. So, it doesn't matter if something is low in sodium if you will not follow the plan/eat the food.

I have found that I like the lunch and dinner items baked in the oven. If you place the meat and vegetables on a baking sheet, drizzle a little olive oil and salt, cook at 400 for about 15 minutes, you will love them. It also gives the meat a more crisp outside without being a little rubbery. It's also great to put something like Mrs. Dash Italian blend on the veggies. It's so good. The same veggies all the time can get a little old, so changing up the seasoning, can help immensely. I catch my husband stealing some of my food now and then. He has tried all of the meat portions that I'm eating as well, and stated they are great.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I subscribed to Personal Trainer Food online to help me lose weight. It was an easy process and I purchased The Fortune Day one meal. I’m satisfied with the products that I received. Personal Trainer Food is really helpful and the delivery is fast.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

My friend was excited about Personal Trainer Food so I decided to try it out. I subscribed online and it was very easy. I purchased the three meals a day plan and I found out there were free snacks so I've been continuing that. The dill chicken bites are really good and my go-to is always the buffalo chicken. Also, the delivery is perfect. The only thing is that some of those I like, like the orange chicken, seem to go away quickly. However, the convenience factor and the taste are phenomenal. I've recommended them to many people.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Personal Trainer Food is not very healthy and it’s a lot of processed food, but I support them since my buddy is a fighter. I registered online and their routine was timely so I knew when the food was coming, and I also knew what I would get into especially after the first box. The marinated sausages were good as well. I'd recommend Personal Trainer Food.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Personal Trainer Food?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I'm on a two-week plan with Personal Trainer Food. I signed up online and it was easy. Their meal plans are single-serving, frozen, and simple, which was what I was looking for since I don't like spending a lot of time cooking. With it, I'm not consuming a lot of calories in a short amount of time, which is healthier, so I sometimes eat five meals through the day. It comes every Friday and it's always on time. I've had everything and so far, my favorites are the breaded spicy chicken and the teriyaki chicken. However, in some of the packs that I've gotten, the stem of the broccoli was an inch and a half long and wasn't really tasty as compared to the ones in the other packs, which were half an inch long. I ended up cutting them and throwing them away. But other than that, the quality of their food is good. I have recommended them to anybody who is interested in quick food.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I looked around and didn’t see any others that had meals that were very compatible with what I was working for in my diet. Personal Trainer Food's delivery options were compatible and I didn’t see a whole lot of people who seem to be directly competing with them. I signed up online and have been with them for a year and a half now. I’ve been on their site recently because I’ve fairly frequently change delivery schedules. It was generally easy to correct schedules but it took a little getting used to at first to learn with the restrictions but once I got used to that, then it was pretty easy.

There’s not a whole lot of explanation on their site which explains when you’re looking to update your order. There should be a feedback thing like, “You were last able to update it to this day.” rather than just, “You can’t update it.” It was confusing. I had called the first two times and the site said that I can update online. But when I went online, they were like, “Oh, well, you miss the window to update. You can only update until the last Friday.” They should add a notice in their website saying it's too late to update and that they're already preparing our order for shipment. Other than that, their customer support staff on the phone have generally been courteous, responsive and fairly easy to understand.

Their product is definitely more expensive compared to a number of alternatives. But those aren’t direct competitors. It’s also more expensive than just buying the same number of calories and frozen dinners at the grocery store. But the cost for me is still pretty fair as I could also get it shipped directly to me. There's also the perception that Personal Trainer Food is sourcing from higher quality produce and animal treatments. That, combined with the convenience of not needing to go out because of the shipping, perfectly makes up for the slightly higher cost per calorie or pound it is measured by.

However, I wish there were more food options, especially that I've been with them a year and a half. When I first started, I barely ate them for most meals. But it eventually got to a point where I’ve been eating from the same selection of 50 different foods for the last year and a half and there’s a lot of repetition. I would recommend them depending on my friends' situation in terms of time and money.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I found out about Personal Trainer Food through Groupon. It's easy to make. I subscribed to them online and the process is very simple. I purchased breakfast, lunch, and dinner. My personal favorite is their ranch chicken and teriyaki chicken. The quality is pretty good. Sometimes, the breakfast omelets are broke in half. But that's just packaging, it's not that big of a deal. The speed of delivery is good. Overall, its easy and I'm satisfied.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I subscribed to Personal Trainer online and the only thing that I noticed was that I don’t get updates to solidify my meal request anymore. But their website is easy to navigate, and they change the menu from time to time and make the selections for me too if I don’t go there. They have chicken dill bites and cauliflower which are simple, and because they're located in Fort Worth coming to Houston, I receive the meal the next day itself. Plus, they were helpful even when we had problems with FedEx Ground. I had a pleasant experience with them.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I wanted to have an easy meal preparation at home that was healthy. I subscribed to Personal Trainer Food online and every two weeks they deliver to me a variety of things. The delivery arrives on time and they’re perfect. The products are awesome and I’m very satisfied with the quality. Everything is great with Personal Trainer Food.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

We researched and my wife and I had looked into Personal Trainer Food. Then they run a special at the same time, like a $100 off so both of us decided to try it and we were impressed then with the flavor, quality and quantity of the stuff. Some of them has changed over the years and it’s not as good as what it’s used to be but it’s something else. The good, the bad, the ugly as they say. That’s how we started out with it and as far as that the success story we followed pretty religiously.

We did fairly well as far as weight loss and then I know eventually, after sticking with it religiously for a while I went and got my numbers checked at my annual physical. The doctor said that I had the best numbers I had ever come back with on all my lab results and the doctor and their whole staff was impressed, and I told them about Personal Trainer. I had even contacted the Personal Trainer to see if there was a way to buy some extra food, at that time like a few breakfast or lunch I was going to send over the doctor's office for his group of physicians and staff, so they can try it as far that and the flavor was concerned. But Personal Trainer didn’t have something like that, at least not back when I tried to do this several years ago.

Personal Trainer Food is more convenient. But it’s like anything else and it’s like in the COSTCO so then if you find something you like you go back the next time they don’t have it. Same thing with Personal Trainer, they come out with different recipes and you like something and next time around it’s not available. We subscribed through the internet and then something got messed up. We had to double check, so we did do the phone system. Then the phone girl would go back and correct something that they couldn’t get fixed on the internet. The reps have always been very good as far as helping, trying to be amenable and if they give you no as an answer, they answer you quite politely. But they got certain rules and regulation to understand where we live and work by.

Some of my favorite meals don’t exist anymore as far as the brisket. The barbeque pork rib is one of my favorites. Any of the omelets with cheese, or frittatas, or western omelets as well. But especially the omelet with cheese with the maple sausage and not the regular breakfast sausage and then the chicken bacon strips, they’re like two hotdogs almost, but they’re chicken bacon infused with cheese and the stuff are very, very good. The speed of delivery is great. They started shipping them out earlier, some with the dry ice system is on the very end. I’ve even had whole sets of what have been semi-fog when they got there so it’s still frozen and that used to never happen. But it still comes on the day they are supposed to.

The last couple ones have come a day early which can screw you up if you’re traveling. But some of them, they’re like dry ice is going out and the food is starting to fall, so they're still frozen and its used to not be even that way in the middle of summertime which is 90 to 100 out. They need to put less dry ice or they should be shipping it sooner.

Also we tried to be cost cut quality conscious as well. The portions of a lot of their products have gone down. Not necessarily the decrease in quality, but like the mesquite chicken and the teriyaki chicken used to always be bigger. Now they’ve got to where this little miniscule pieces in there. We’d backed off a little off our Personal Trainer as far as our purchases and we kind of put stuff on hold because of some of the downsize of the portion. But other than that I still recommend them and I have. I’ve done several people signed up. I don’t even use my name for referrals but I’ve had several people signed up. Even when we get out in our dance groups and all the stuff we talk about Personal Trainer Food or people that have it. We got a lot of friends and acquaintances that are still ordering.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

I was introduced to Personal Trainer Food through a family member. They were convenient because at the least I'd have to grocery shop and then I can microwave the food and it should be fast. The meal plans were normal, but they came out a little cheaper, so the price was a little better. We tried the meals around and delivery was fast. The meals were good, but some of them were okay, so I don’t order them anymore. I’ve been subscribed with them for a year now and the website has gotten better. At first it was clunky, but they did some updates. However, the menu selection looks a little archaic. Also, I’ve had to call a few times and the customer service has always been nice, and they’re great. Generally, I’m satisfied and I have recommended it to friends.

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your review and recommendations. We also really appreciate the feedback about the meal selections. We are really happy to hear that you were satisfied with our program. Thank you for the opportunity to be a resource for your goals. If you need anything at all, please feel free to get in touch!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

My mother did an internet search and Personal Trainer Food sounded like an easy plan. It was easy to subscribe online and their meal plan was good. I just choose meat and a vegetable and did a huge variety on that. The Monterey chicken was really good. I was satisfied with the quality of the products and the speed of delivery was very good.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

One of my patient’s granddaughters seemed to be getting results from Personal Trainer Food so two years ago, I subscribed to the service. Everyone I've talked to over the phone has been wonderful. I've had to make changes along the way on some things and they’ve been very nice and accommodating. I've purchased about everything from their meal plans and their product is much better than other companies. So far, they've been great.

Hi Kim,

Thank you for your review! We are always grateful to hear from customers who have been with us for extended periods of time. Nothing makes us happier than to hear that our program was able to benefit you. If you need anything at all, please reach out any time!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Personal Trainer Food tasted good and they had a good selection as well. I checked the price of what it was going to cost per day and related it to how much I've been per day for food. Personal Trainer Food looked cheaper and they had a decent amount of food. I purchased the three-meals a day plan. I ordered online and the delivery came quickly.

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you are satisfied. Using the program to ease the cost of food, and still have some delicious healthy meals is fantastic! If you ever need anything, please get in touch any time!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I like the different chicken meals from Personal Trainer Food. The cranberry and cognac sausage, sweet bacon, white cheddar sauce and the garlic butter are really good. I also like the Monterey Jack chicken and the meatballs. They keep it very good and the quality is outstanding. The only thing is that I'm in a program to be shipped once a month. On a couple of occasions, I was not receiving any email that my shipment was coming. In fact, one is coming today but I did not receive that information. So, I contacted customer service about that and they corrected that. Also, on occasion, I've had to postpone my shipment by a day or two and they’ve been good about that as well. Whenever I've called them, they’ve always taken care of everything exactly.

Hi Nancy!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We love hearing our customers favorite food items, so thank you for sharing. Thank you for the opportunity to be a resource for your goals. Reach out anytime, we are always happy to help!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

We've been ordering the Personal Trainer Food for a little over a year now and we're extremely happy with it. We've stuck with it for so long because we live a very busy lifestyle which leads to eating fast food a lot and the Personal Trainer Food gives us a quick and easy option that’s much healthier. We work late but when we come home, we have something that’s healthy that we can eat. We take them on our lunches too. Compared to others that we've tried, the texture and the flavors of the protein that we get from Personal Trainer Food are really good and the vegetables aren’t mushy or overcooked in the microwave. They still have that fresh flavor to them and that’s something people are expecting.

We subscribed online and anytime we want to go in and change an order, everything is right there on their site. The few times that we have gone online and ordered, the food always arrived when we expected it or even a little bit early. For a long time now we've been on the monthly plan so it automatically ships on a specific date. We recommend them to people all the time.

Hi Debra,

Thank you for your review and recommendations! We are happy to hear that you have been enjoying our subscription service! Thank you for the opportunity to be a resource for your goals! Please get in touch if you need anything.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I subscribed to Personal Trainer Food online and their website is user-friendly. Personal Trainer Food meal plans are super convenient and very tasty. They have loads of selections and I’ve tried them all.

Hi Susan,

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear that you have been satisfied with your experience. If you need anything at all, please let us know!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I like the food at Personal Trainer Food. It is good, easy to prepare and takes limited storage in the freezer. Their representatives respond on time and the only negative thing I had was having to call them up when deactivating the account since it is not offered on site. I frequently move from place to place so I don't want the food to get into a different address, which is one of the main reasons I wanted to deactivate it. I also wanted to make sure that I maintain the plans. Overall, stick to the plan whatever they say and it works for you.

Hello Karthikeyan,

Thank you for your review and your feedback! We are so happy to hear that this plan worked well for you. We will pass along your feedback regarding deactivating your account. If you need anything at all, please feel free to get in touch!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Personal Trainer Food is easy to use compared to some of the others while it lets you keep track of your meals. I’ve recommended it to my dad and he started using it recently. I’ve also had people at work and in school use it. I subscribed to them online and their website was very easy to navigate through. The menus, ordering and everything seemed to be very intuitive. I like the meal plan listed, it’s pretty good, and I’ve done mostly the 28-day breakfast, lunch and dinner. There’s also been a couple of times that I had to do the You Choose option because of GAPS. The shipments have always been accurate and I’ve never had anything bad.

Hi Alan,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We know that you want to make the best recommendation to family members. So we really appreciate you thinking of us for your dad! We hope he is as satisfied as you have been. If you need anything at all, please feel free to get in touch. We are happy to help!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I subscribed to Personal Trainer Food online. It was affordable so I decided to try it out and I’ve been using it for two years now. I like the idea of having a fresh meal and I know that the meals of Nutrisystem and Jenny Craig are not. However, they should offer more variety and different flavors, and seasoning when they prepare their food. Nevertheless, it's convenient and their products' quality plus the taste of the food are good.

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for your review and insight! We love to hear that you were happy with your experience. We are always looking for new items that meet our standard and our customers expectations. Please let us know what your current favorites are! If you need anything at all, feel free to get in touch!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Personal Trainer Food was the best as far as my budget and food selection. I got sausages and other stuff from them, which were mostly a low-carb diet where the carbs only came from vegetables as it should be. I even did the whole month plan, then the two-week plan, and when they finally came out with the specialized packages like protein for men, I did that until I had to stop buying it. There was a big array of food but at the same time, I only like certain things and get of tired of the same thing. But the quality of the food was good.

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear you were satisfied with your experience and definitely understand getting tired of eating the same foods. We are always working to bring new high quality items to our customers. So feel free to let us know what your current favorites are. Please get in touch if you need anything at all!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I’m really happy with Personal Trainer Food. They taste good, they're healthy, and they're convenient. Navigating through their system was easy and the quality of their food is outstanding. I've had buffalo chicken sticks. And you can also get teriyaki chicken, garden burgers, and then they have vegetables, like the fiesta blend. I also eat cheese and omelet, as well as the sausage for breakfast. They may not necessarily look super appetizing in the bag, but once they're plated, they actually look good and taste great. I've made them for other people as well and have recommended them to friends.

Hi David,

Thank you for the review and recommendation! We are so happy to hear that you've enjoyed the program and the food. Please let us know if you ever need anything.

Thank you for the opportunity to be a resource for your goals!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I've been using Personal Trainer Food for at least four years and the quality of food has always been good. They have a big variety of food and I never had a problem finding different tasting food that I like. I wanted to lose weight and it's always healthier than eating out. But, I never successfully pulled it off as an actual weight loss plan. They have an online website where you can scroll through, depending on your plan. You can pick any quantity of each type of food that you want, like I get five of the hamburgers or five of their teriyaki chicken. The delivery was very quick as well as it only took about four days. It comes flash frozen and it has dry ice. They would ship it the next day after you placed the order and they got it to you before the dry ice finished melting. The cost was great as well. I paid $75 a week for two meals a day for seven days.

Hi Brooke,

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear that you've enjoyed the program. If you ever need some extra assistance, we have an eager team of weight loss coaches excited to help! You can contact them at weightlosscoach@personaltrainerfood.com. Please feel free to reach out if you need anything!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I was looking for some pre-made meals in order to lose weight, save time and eat healthy. The Personal Trainer Food tastes really good at first but then I got to a point where I got sick of it. It was hard for me to eat the vegetables twice a day. The meat was good but I would have to get the vegetables down and I didn’t enjoy them at all. I did it for a long time, so I got sick of the same thing. Also, I’m in California where it’s 100 degrees out and the last thing I want to do is eat hot plain steamed vegetables for lunch. It’d be nice if they could throw in a salad for lunch. My experience got to a point where I was not looking forward to eating and that becomes difficult. But, that’s been my experience with every outfit that does this, not just Personal Trainer Food. I was happy with them and I have recommended them to multiple friends in the past. The food isn’t bad and the prices are reasonable. I wouldn’t rule out doing it again in the future.

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for you review and the recommendations! We completely understand that too much of anything can become unappetizing. Although we don't currently offer salads, they are acceptable while on the program. If you do choose to purchase with us again, you could try ordering breakfasts & protein items via the You Choose plan and supplementing your own salads. Here is a link to our creative food ideas to help keep things interesting as well- https://www.personaltrainerfood.com/blog/category/creative-food-ideas/

Please feel free to reach out if you need anything at all!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I go to a gym where they they had a little card describing Personal Trainer Food. I've subscribed to them both via phone and online and they were very good. However, I haven't been able to get the ability to manage my account to be able to select how much of each item to get. But their customer service has been wonderful. I started out using quite a variety and then narrowed down my meals to ones that I love like the gluten-free breaded chicken fillets. But I’ve subscribed to it for a long time and I get a little bored with it. Sometimes, I need more variety. I have to call occasionally to delay a delivery or to change the contents of my menu. But the quality is very good and the delivery's very fast, which only takes three days from ordering. I would recommend Personal Trainer Food. It’s a good education to learn the secret to losing weight is to just eat nothing but protein and veggies which this experience taught me.

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for your review and recommendation! We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed the program. If you're looking for ideas to keep your meals interesting, we are happy to help with that as well- https://www.personaltrainerfood.com/blog/category/creative-food-ideas/

Thank you for the opportunity to be a resource for your goals. Please feel free to reach out if you need anything at all!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I stumbled across Personal Trainer Food on the Internet and started with them about four years ago. I like their plan as well as their philosophy. I subscribed to them over the phone. I had a couple of issues too and I’d normally deal with them strictly online, but if I had to call them, they’ve been very helpful in taking care of the issue at hand. There was one instance when they were saying that I was a day late with my payment, so I called one of their sales. I tried putting the payment but it didn’t get through. Personal Trainer Food ended up taking care of that.

My biggest issue with them was their pricing. Since I am a businessman myself, I understand they got to make a profit on their goods and services. I got an email on the 28th day that their plan jumped $100 overnight. But, I've been satisfied with the quality of the product although the food doesn’t change a whole lot which I understand. Personal Trainer Food is also doing a good job as they could possibly do even though the delivery is never on time when they said it's going to be because it's usually a day early. I don’t have a lot of complaints about that, but if I wanted the delivery to be here on a Thursday, they’d show up on a Wednesday. Although the package comes with dry ice, by the time I get it, the dry ice is probably 90% gone. Nonetheless, I have recommended Personal Trainer food to several friends.

Hi Gregory!

Thank you so much for your review and feedback. We are so happy to hear that despite the inconveniences, you would still recommend our program. We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention as it's vital to improving our customer experience. Thank you for being so understanding and also letting us know what we are doing well. Please feel free to reach out if you need anything!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I am very satisfied having Personal Trainer Food. I did my subscription with them online and it was very easy. I get my order every two weeks and everything's been pretty good. They had a deal that was way more reasonable than other healthy meal plan provider. The meals that I purchased were mostly all the meats like chicken and turkey patties, vegetables, veggie burgers and the omelets. Delivery of my meal plans were very fast. The quality of their meals were very good although it's not consistent as per the portion size of the food. One time you'll get a big piece of chicken, the next time you'll get a small one.

Hi Edward,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are so happy to hear that you've had a pleasant experience with the program. However, we are very sorry to hear about inconsistent portion sizes. Your feedback is important to us and we will make sure to pass this along. If you need anything at all, please feel free to reach out!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I used Personal Trainer Food for several months and I enjoyed the experience. I saw them on Groupon and thought of giving them a shot. I've tried Nutrisystem before but Personal Trainer Food is head and shoulders above the Nutrisystem plans. At least their product is not a shake. I subscribed to their services online and their website was pretty good. It was easy to find what I was looking for but it’s clunky to change quantities in the Unload menu load so their website is not well-refined on that part. I had to increment and decrement one or two to get the numbers right. I got the two meals a day plan for a month then I did the men’s program for a couple of months. The delivery of the meals was excellent and they arrived in freezer packs and dry ice. The food had good quality too. I lost about 20 pounds in the first month or two and I was happy with it. It’s a good plan as long as you follow it. I’d recommend Personal Trainer Food.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your review and the recommendation! Congratulations on your success, 20lbs is terrific! We will be sure to pass along your trouble with the website, and make sure this issue is addressed. If you need anything at all, please do not hesitate to reach out!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

My ex-girlfriend used Personal Trainer Food before and told me about it so I checked it out. It was straightforward and the cost was reasonable. I subscribed online and the process was easy. Everything was good except the breakfast was the same thing every day. You can mix and match the lunch and dinner well because it was basically one protein and one vegetable. You could do whatever on it every day and I was happy with it but the breakfast was always a variation of sausage and egg or omelet so it’s repetitive.

Hi Beau,

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our program. We are always looking for new potential items for our menu, and will be sure to pass along your feedback regarding breakfast. If you need anything at all, please feel free to reach out!

Personal Trainer Food Company Information

www.personaltrainerfood.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use