4.60/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Personal Trainer Food is the most delicious way to lose weight.

Our meal plans focus on real foods such as meats, eggs, vegetables, nuts, and cheeses.

No more guesswork— you get foods that work with your body to help you lose weight naturally.

All meals are perfectly portioned, pre-cooked, and flash-frozen to lock in flavor and nutrients. We deliver right to your door with free shipping. Nothing is more convenient.

See how easy and enjoyable weight loss can be today!

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 14, 2017

77 Personal Trainer Food Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I subscribed to Personal Trainer Food online and their website is user-friendly. Personal Trainer Food meal plans are super convenient and very tasty. They have loads of selections and I’ve tried them all.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I like the food at Personal Trainer Food. It is good, easy to prepare and takes limited storage in the freezer. Their representatives respond on time and the only negative thing I had was having to call them up when deactivating the account since it is not offered on site. I frequently move from place to place so I don't want the food to get into a different address, which is one of the main reasons I wanted to deactivate it. I also wanted to make sure that I maintain the plans. Overall, stick to the plan whatever they say and it works for you.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

We subscribed to Personal Trainer Food online and the process was extremely easy. We've had the service for 2 years now and my husband just clicks all our favorites and it arrives here. The customer service representatives have been great and they always send emails and texts on time. My husband and I both work full time and we take our lunches to work every day. The convenience and quality of Personal Trainer's meals keep us on a healthy track when we're both busy because we don't have to cook. We have portion control and it’s a good way to have something to grab and not have to resort to fast food or something else that's not healthy. I've referred Personal Trainer Food to a few of my teacher friends and they also liked it. We will continue with Personal Trainer Food. It's well worth the money for what I got and it's been a great experience.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I subscribed to Personal Trainer Food online. It was affordable so I decided to try it out and I’ve been using it for two years now. I like the idea of having a fresh meal and I know that the meals of Nutrisystem and Jenny Craig are not. However, they should offer more variety and different flavors, and seasoning when they prepare their food. Nevertheless, it's convenient and their products' quality plus the taste of the food are good.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Personal Trainer Food was the best as far as my budget and food selection. I got sausages and other stuff from them, which were mostly a low-carb diet where the carbs only came from vegetables as it should be. I even did the whole month plan, then the two-week plan, and when they finally came out with the specialized packages like protein for men, I did that until I had to stop buying it. There was a big array of food but at the same time, I only like certain things and get of tired of the same thing. But the quality of the food was good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Personal Trainer Food?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I’m really happy with Personal Trainer Food. They taste good, they're healthy, and they're convenient. Navigating through their system was easy and the quality of their food is outstanding. I've had buffalo chicken sticks. And you can also get teriyaki chicken, garden burgers, and then they have vegetables, like the fiesta blend. I also eat cheese and omelet, as well as the sausage for breakfast. They may not necessarily look super appetizing in the bag, but once they're plated, they actually look good and taste great. I've made them for other people as well and have recommended them to friends.

Hi David,

Thank you for the review and recommendation! We are so happy to hear that you've enjoyed the program and the food. Please let us know if you ever need anything.

Thank you for the opportunity to be a resource for your goals!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I've been using Personal Trainer Food for at least four years and the quality of food has always been good. They have a big variety of food and I never had a problem finding different tasting food that I like. I wanted to lose weight and it's always healthier than eating out. But, I never successfully pulled it off as an actual weight loss plan. They have an online website where you can scroll through, depending on your plan. You can pick any quantity of each type of food that you want, like I get five of the hamburgers or five of their teriyaki chicken. The delivery was very quick as well as it only took about four days. It comes flash frozen and it has dry ice. They would ship it the next day after you placed the order and they got it to you before the dry ice finished melting. The cost was great as well. I paid $75 a week for two meals a day for seven days.

Hi Brooke,

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear that you've enjoyed the program. If you ever need some extra assistance, we have an eager team of weight loss coaches excited to help! You can contact them at weightlosscoach@personaltrainerfood.com. Please feel free to reach out if you need anything!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I was looking for some pre-made meals in order to lose weight, save time and eat healthy. The Personal Trainer Food tastes really good at first but then I got to a point where I got sick of it. It was hard for me to eat the vegetables twice a day. The meat was good but I would have to get the vegetables down and I didn’t enjoy them at all. I did it for a long time, so I got sick of the same thing. Also, I’m in California where it’s 100 degrees out and the last thing I want to do is eat hot plain steamed vegetables for lunch. It’d be nice if they could throw in a salad for lunch. My experience got to a point where I was not looking forward to eating and that becomes difficult. But, that’s been my experience with every outfit that does this, not just Personal Trainer Food. I was happy with them and I have recommended them to multiple friends in the past. The food isn’t bad and the prices are reasonable. I wouldn’t rule out doing it again in the future.

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for you review and the recommendations! We completely understand that too much of anything can become unappetizing. Although we don't currently offer salads, they are acceptable while on the program. If you do choose to purchase with us again, you could try ordering breakfasts & protein items via the You Choose plan and supplementing your own salads. Here is a link to our creative food ideas to help keep things interesting as well- https://www.personaltrainerfood.com/blog/category/creative-food-ideas/

Please feel free to reach out if you need anything at all!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I go to a gym where they they had a little card describing Personal Trainer Food. I've subscribed to them both via phone and online and they were very good. However, I haven't been able to get the ability to manage my account to be able to select how much of each item to get. But their customer service has been wonderful. I started out using quite a variety and then narrowed down my meals to ones that I love like the gluten-free breaded chicken fillets. But I’ve subscribed to it for a long time and I get a little bored with it. Sometimes, I need more variety. I have to call occasionally to delay a delivery or to change the contents of my menu. But the quality is very good and the delivery's very fast, which only takes three days from ordering. I would recommend Personal Trainer Food. It’s a good education to learn the secret to losing weight is to just eat nothing but protein and veggies which this experience taught me.

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for your review and recommendation! We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed the program. If you're looking for ideas to keep your meals interesting, we are happy to help with that as well- https://www.personaltrainerfood.com/blog/category/creative-food-ideas/

Thank you for the opportunity to be a resource for your goals. Please feel free to reach out if you need anything at all!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I stumbled across Personal Trainer Food on the Internet and started with them about four years ago. I like their plan as well as their philosophy. I subscribed to them over the phone. I had a couple of issues too and I’d normally deal with them strictly online, but if I had to call them, they’ve been very helpful in taking care of the issue at hand. There was one instance when they were saying that I was a day late with my payment, so I called one of their sales. I tried putting the payment but it didn’t get through. Personal Trainer Food ended up taking care of that.

My biggest issue with them was their pricing. Since I am a businessman myself, I understand they got to make a profit on their goods and services. I got an email on the 28th day that their plan jumped $100 overnight. But, I've been satisfied with the quality of the product although the food doesn’t change a whole lot which I understand. Personal Trainer Food is also doing a good job as they could possibly do even though the delivery is never on time when they said it's going to be because it's usually a day early. I don’t have a lot of complaints about that, but if I wanted the delivery to be here on a Thursday, they’d show up on a Wednesday. Although the package comes with dry ice, by the time I get it, the dry ice is probably 90% gone. Nonetheless, I have recommended Personal Trainer food to several friends.

Hi Gregory!

Thank you so much for your review and feedback. We are so happy to hear that despite the inconveniences, you would still recommend our program. We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention as it's vital to improving our customer experience. Thank you for being so understanding and also letting us know what we are doing well. Please feel free to reach out if you need anything!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I am very satisfied having Personal Trainer Food. I did my subscription with them online and it was very easy. I get my order every two weeks and everything's been pretty good. They had a deal that was way more reasonable than other healthy meal plan provider. The meals that I purchased were mostly all the meats like chicken and turkey patties, vegetables, veggie burgers and the omelets. Delivery of my meal plans were very fast. The quality of their meals were very good although it's not consistent as per the portion size of the food. One time you'll get a big piece of chicken, the next time you'll get a small one.

Hi Edward,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are so happy to hear that you've had a pleasant experience with the program. However, we are very sorry to hear about inconsistent portion sizes. Your feedback is important to us and we will make sure to pass this along. If you need anything at all, please feel free to reach out!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I used Personal Trainer Food for several months and I enjoyed the experience. I saw them on Groupon and thought of giving them a shot. I've tried Nutrisystem before but Personal Trainer Food is head and shoulders above the Nutrisystem plans. At least their product is not a shake. I subscribed to their services online and their website was pretty good. It was easy to find what I was looking for but it’s clunky to change quantities in the Unload menu load so their website is not well-refined on that part. I had to increment and decrement one or two to get the numbers right. I got the two meals a day plan for a month then I did the men’s program for a couple of months. The delivery of the meals was excellent and they arrived in freezer packs and dry ice. The food had good quality too. I lost about 20 pounds in the first month or two and I was happy with it. It’s a good plan as long as you follow it. I’d recommend Personal Trainer Food.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your review and the recommendation! Congratulations on your success, 20lbs is terrific! We will be sure to pass along your trouble with the website, and make sure this issue is addressed. If you need anything at all, please do not hesitate to reach out!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

My ex-girlfriend used Personal Trainer Food before and told me about it so I checked it out. It was straightforward and the cost was reasonable. I subscribed online and the process was easy. Everything was good except the breakfast was the same thing every day. You can mix and match the lunch and dinner well because it was basically one protein and one vegetable. You could do whatever on it every day and I was happy with it but the breakfast was always a variation of sausage and egg or omelet so it’s repetitive.

Hi Beau,

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our program. We are always looking for new potential items for our menu, and will be sure to pass along your feedback regarding breakfast. If you need anything at all, please feel free to reach out!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I found Personal Trainer Food online on a Groupon advertisement and I liked the freshness of their meals. It was extremely easy to subscribe to them online. The first time I did it was a couple of years ago. And then I subscribed again this January this year. I did the REV program and then purchased the three meals a day plan. The delivery was very good. Personal Trainer Food is a good program and I would recommend this company. The food tastes fresher and keeps you satisfied. You can definitely see results too.

Hi Terri,

Thank you for your review and the recommendation! We are so happy to hear that you have enjoyed the program. If you need anything at all, please feel free to reach out!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I’ve ordered from Personal Trainer Food a lot. They help keep me on track and their food tastes fresh. I initially purchased from them because their food looked like real food and not some milkshake. There was another provider through my health plan that I used and the food tasted like it’s fake. They had these little things that you pop in the microwave.

I subscribed to Personal Trainer Foods online and the process was not as easy as it should be. It's a little time consuming, but it’s not bad. Their website could be modernized slightly as it’s not as up to date as it could be. Switching items on their website could be a bit cumbersome so I have to be mindful and sometimes I had to go all the way back. They also have these foods to choose from and they could get better with that because even though I like what they have, there are more people who choose not to eat red meat or pork. I don't eat red meat, but since they have chicken, I was able to manage. I choose from their vegetable and protein lists, too. The snacks are okay but the breakfast only has too few things that meet my personal criteria. They have too much stuff with ham or bacon in them and I would only eat turkey ham or turkey bacon.

But I appreciate that they let me switch out my plan when I need to or if we're on a trip. I just call them on time and they do respond so that’s something I like. Their reps are also quick and they deal with my concerns the way I want them dealt with, with no extra schmoozing. The delivery is fine, too, and I like the quality of their food. They are never spoiled. They're not gourmet but I'm not looking for that. Sometimes I found vegetables outside of the packet though. But I’m still happy with the experience.

Hi Bennett,

Thank you for you review! We are glad to hear that you've enjoyed the program, and appreciate you bringing your feedback to our attention as well. We always strive to improve our customer experience. We will make sure that feedback is provided to the appropriate party. If you have any issues, please do not hesitate to contact our customer support as we are happy to help!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

The food contained in this program is absolutely delicious. I did not order the plan for weight loss; however, I was looking for a plan that was easy and convenient. This is it! Each meal is ready within 1.5 to 2 minutes and tastes amazing! I highly recommend also marketing this to busy people to save time and, yet, get a quick nutritious meal.

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to hear that this program made your life a little easier! If you need anything at all, please feel free to reach out to our team. We are happy to help

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I looked up the Personal Trainer meal online and researching helped me in pursuing the options. They were running a deal at the time. The food is pretty solid and I liked getting fresh food. It’s tasty. I signed up online and it’s consumer-friendly. I got the Rev package which covers breakfast, lunch and dinner. I’m decently satisfied. I have a good experience with the food other than breakfast because it’s dry. But I would recommend them for sure. They had excellent food quality, good proteins, and great vegetable options.

Hi Darren,

Thank you for your review and your recommendation! We thrilled to hear that our program was the right fit for you. Thank you for the opportunity to be a resource for your goals. If you need anything at all, please feel free to reach out!

Original review: July 29, 2017

So far, I have really enjoyed everything I have ordered. Started with 14 day meal plan to try it out and because of limited space in the freezer. Liked it so much I bought a small freezer for the garage and ordered a 28 day plan. This is a food program I can stick with and trust me I've tried them all! The convenience is second to none, the fresh taste will knock your socks off. While I have a long road ahead of me, with PTF and the plan, I feel confident I can not only get my health back but, my life too!

Hi Kimberly,

Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our program enough to pick up another freezer! If you ever need anything, our team is thrilled to be a resource for your goals. Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business.

Original review: July 20, 2017

After reading many reviews, I thought I would see great initial results. I diligently have been following the plan and after three weeks, I have lost 8 pounds. I started substituting dinners with salads and that has helped bring my weight loss to that 8 pound loss. I have not had any bread, potato, pasta, rice, etc. at all. No processed sugars at all. I have enjoyed the challenge with the dietary changes and am pleased that I could make the change so easily. I had hoped for some sort of change in the way I feel, but in all honesty, removing the processed foods from my body has not made me feel somehow healthier. This program is not for me; I will not order again.

Hi Amea,

Thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear that you've enjoyed the challenge, and congratulations on your eight pound loss. This is certainly good progress after three weeks. We are definitely sorry to hear that you don't feel healthier, we also understand our program may not be for everyone. However, we are always happy to help! If you have any questions during your last week, please feel free to contact a weight loss coach for assistance at weightlosscoach@personaltrainerfood.com

Original review: July 15, 2017

I started this program at 24 hour in Bedford where I have been working on muscle building and primarily weight loss in May of 2014. I tried Slim4Life, and it was successful to some extent, but I still had a lot of weight around my middle and upper chest once their program ended. I went on my own just using sensible eating and when I found out about your program, I signed up and have had remarkable results in inches and waist reduction. I hope to get to my weight goal, which if that happens, I would not have been since senior in high school.

Hi JW,

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that the program has been working well for you. If you should ever need anything, please feel free to get in touch with our team anytime!

Original review: June 19, 2017

I've read all the reviews and have received everything I ordered and made within time allowed!! Tasted great! I'm confused about all the negative feedback. Left on my front porch, packed efficiently!

Hi Christy!

Thank you for your feedback. We always appreciate customers taking the time to share their experience. We are thrilled that you enjoy the food and are happy with the product! Should you need anything, our team is always happy to help!

Original review: June 12, 2017

I have ordered the RECON meal program 4 times now and enjoy everything about it - 80lbs and still going. I like the ease and the taste of the food. Once I had a problem with the packaging and it was resolved immediately by customer service. Where else can you get 3 healthy meals a day for less than $19. I find that I now have my favorites to order but the variety of the meat and veggie choices is what keeps me coming back. Easy, convenient and tasty.

Hi Haynes,

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear that you have been enjoying the program. Congratulations on your great success! If you need anything from our team, please feel free to reach out.

Original review: May 23, 2017

All of the positive reviews on the taste of the food is spot on! I was skeptical as many have said. This food really IS delicious! Waiting on my second shipment to arrive now. I haven't lost much weight to be honest. The convenience and taste make up for that. I'm positive that if I stick to the plan I'll see a few more pounds come off in the next month.

Hi Yonna!

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying the program so far. Please feel free to reach out to a weight loss coach at any point in time at weightlosscoach@personaltrainerfood.com and they will be happy to help!

Original review: May 6, 2017

PTF has brought good taste to the food & ease of preparation. It has been a long time since I have been off sugar & not had some cravings. I have to be careful about sodium so I just picked the lowest mg content & ordered multiples of those in each category. I also enjoy the apple every day. Releasing 9# in three weeks is my reward. Thank you!

Hi Pam,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that our program has made eating healthy easier for you and you're enjoying the program so far. If you need anything, please feel free to reach out to our team!

Original review: May 6, 2017

Personal Trainer Food is amazing. I was worried about the taste (because it's in such simple packaging) but it is so good! The Apple gouda sausage is to die for. I don't feel overly hungry, the meals are super quick to make, and everything I've had is great. I would absolutely recommend to anyone!

Hi Elishia,

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you're enjoying the taste of the food (the Apple Gouda sausage is one of our favorites as well). Please let our team know if you need anything!

Original review: May 6, 2017

I am extremely impressed with this program. The food is excellent, healthy, and very filling. This is the end of my second week, and I am thoroughly satisfied with the results I have attained from following this program. I definitely recommend it to anyone.

Hi Judy,

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that you are loving the food and the results. Thank you for the recommendation and please feel free to reach out to our team if you need anything!

Original review: May 5, 2017

The food taste great with the different butter types they have. I always sauteed my lunch and dinners in a skillet in the mornings to give them more flavor than just microwaving them. My coach has been encouraging during my weigh-in. She gives me feedback in a timely manner which helps me to stay focused.

Hi Kendrix,

Thank you for your feedback. It's great to hear that you've been getting creative with your food and having a good experience with the program so far. If you need anything at all, please feel free to reach out to our team!

Original review: May 5, 2017

I had already begun a significant weight loss journey. After roughly 20 pounds I had plateaued and was struggling to move to lose the other 20 pounds. With Personal Trainer Food I am well on my way and I feel fantastic!

Hi Ginnie,

Thank you for your review! Congratulations on your 20lb lose with more to come. It sounds like you've had a fantastic start to the program. Please let our team know if you need anything!

Original review: May 5, 2017

One of the best experiences I've had and it includes losing weight, getting healthy, and learning how to keep up the progress. The only choice is to use Personal Trainer Food to get the body back on track. I now have the body I had almost 20 years ago.

Hey Christopher!

Thank you for your review! It's great to hear that our program is has been working so well for you. Congratulations on your success! Please let our team know if you need anything.

Original review: May 5, 2017

I'm new to the plan, but I have already lost 6.5 lbs in the first week. I am very happy with the food itself and it has been quite easy acclimating to the plan. I look forward to the future and have no doubt that I will surpass the goal set. The slogan says it all, "Great Taste, Small Waist."

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying the food and have found this to be a smooth dietary transition. Please let our team know if you need anything!

Personal Trainer Food Company Information