4.43/5

Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

Personal Trainer Food

Personal Trainer Food is the most delicious way to lose weight.

Our meal plans focus on real foods such as meats, eggs, vegetables, nuts, and cheeses.

No more guesswork— you get foods that work with your body to help you lose weight naturally.

All meals are perfectly portioned, pre-cooked, and flash-frozen to lock in flavor and nutrients. We deliver right to your door with free shipping. Nothing is more convenient.

See how easy and enjoyable weight loss can be today!

View More View More

Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

123 Personal Trainer Food Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 25, 2019

I lost 55 pounds in 11 weeks 3 years ago, aside from the “keto flu” the first few days.... Google it, the whole process is easy and convenient. Now I eat healthier than I ever did and use PTF as a maintenance regimen once or twice a year for 28 days. I did alter PTF suggestions, every few weeks I would plateau in weight loss and to speed the process up would institute a cheat day and would rapidly lose more pounds. Do know that cheat days are not recommended by PTF. But it worked for me. It really feels good to not struggle to put my boots on now and to experience true quality sleep again. I’ve turned about a dozen or so people onto trying PTF out and every single individual lost a significant amount of weight. When I read poor reviews I am baffled and can only justify them from user error. PTF hit it out of the park.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I ordered the 28 day program through Groupon. The package arrived intact, still frozen & sealed. I have tried other prepared weight loss food with success so I was excited to get started. The first morning, I heated an omelette & sausage for breakfast, the eggs were the consistency of foam rubber, the cheese grainy & the sausage popped with gristle, all were very salty tasting. Lunch was buffalo chicken & mixed vegetables, the chicken was super processed & looked like breaded ground mystery meat log, tasted salty, bad taste & had a off putting texture, the vegetables were good. Dinner was teriyaki chicken & mixed vegetables, the chicken didn't taste bad but it was clearly very cheap & un-trimmed, again the vegetables were good.

In conclusion, all of the vegetables I tried were un-seasoned & good. All other frozen items were so bad. Could not eat them & ended up throwing the rest out. The company refused to give me a refund. I still get their advertisements via email & I literally nearly gag thinking of their food.

Get expert buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Personal Trainer Foods sent 28 days of food, which I stored in the refrigerator. But after two weeks, I found mold in some of the packages. After my complaint to the company went ignored, I threw the remaining packages out.

Personal Trainer Food response

Hi Raymond,

We'd love to be able to connect with you. Please reach out to us.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Processed meat. Chopped and pressed chicken products. Truly awful! All the meat products were highly processed. Complete waste of money and time. I am very disappointed and want to let you know that buying diet frozen dinners would be better than these tasteless processed products.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Love the food and the results! I received my order the very next day and it included free shipping. Spoke to a weight loss coach before I got started and she was very helpful answering all my questions and following up. I followed the program as directed and lost almost 20 pounds in 1 month. The food tasted very good and I was not hungry. It was great to not have to grocery shop, cook, and clean for the month while having healthy food on hand. They have a loyalty program, so I'll be purchasing again once the New Year rolls around.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Personal Trainer Food?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I ordered food from PTF and had good luck with the shipping. However, it is winter and I could see how in warmer climates the multi-day shipping could be an issue. The food overall tastes good (I would not recommend the meatloaf, unless you add sauce). My biggest issue is the portion sizes. I understand it is healthy food and the idea is to lose weight but some of the meals are just tiny. The breakfast omelets are laughable. They taste good but are tiny and often vary a lot in size from one pack to another. Eggs are a very cheap form of protein and adding 15-20% to the omelets would not break them. I love the convenience, but if I took the time I could make these breakfast dirt cheap. I can deal with the one sausage patty because adding more would add cost, however eggs are so cheap. The taste and convenience are the saving grace. Considering the tiny portions I do not believe the price is a bargain.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

HORRIBLE customer service. Do not order from this company. My boyfriend and I inquired with their “customer care” team, who assured us that our standard freezer would be fine for the 28 day program. Well it isn’t even close. We couldn’t fit half of one of the orders in our empty freezer even after removing the ice maker, so the rest went in the fridge and because it can only stay in the fridge two weeks, we will have to throw half of it out. That’s $287 worth of food in the garbage.

Jessica who answers the phone at customer service was no help at all, she only refunded us $100 total and is rude, condescending, and not helpful at all. She even at one point gave me the dimensions of the box and said that we should have known it wouldn’t fit. NO ONE'S FREEZER COULD FIT THAT BOX IN IT. When I inquired to speak to someone above her, she claimed to be the manager, the sales director, and a partner in the company. Do not order from this company, they are a scam. You will lose hundreds of dollars if you are a couple with a standard freezer.

Resolution response: July 12, 2018

I have since spoke. With this company and had other issues that were in no way the fault of PTF and they have taken care of me 100% so far. I had to speak to Niki in order to do this and our interaction was much better. I want to give the benefit of doubt that maybe I misunderstood her tone or what was said and maybe misinterpreted the situation. Maybe she was just having a bad day, everyone is entitled to have one of those every now and then. Whatever the situation she has been very kind and very helpful. I felt very reassured after speaking to her. I will say this because my reviews are always 100% honest, my delivery hasn’t arrived yet so I can’t say if the other issues are resolved as far as the sauces And such but I was really concerned about the communication issue and that has been resolved and my faith in them restored. I do not want to elaborate on new issue as I said some things happens that was out of PTF’s hand’s that delayed my shipment but Niki has worked diligently to fix a problem that they didn’t create or have any control of.

Original review: July 9, 2018

First I do not expect Personal Trainer Food to respond to me. From looking at all the other reviews, the only responses are when someone is raving about them. So I heard of this company on Groupon. I have done food ordering one time and it was through Home Chef. I absolutely loved the experience. When I was looking at other deals for that company this one popped up. I checked it out and saw it’s based around weight loss. I am a single mom who is disabled at this time and on a fixed income, so every penny counts. I did a lot of research before purchasing. I even checked out the reviews on this website as it is not affiliated with PTF.

I was interested in the 28-day REV program. It was offering the deal for $279 but then for the 4th of July weekend it went down to $249. While checking the reviews on here I came across the review that explained that the person was upset because they bought the Groupon and then found out that for dinner you are only given two veggies instead of a protein (meat) and a veggie. I was happy I saw this because I was not aware of this before that. Also in the video on their site the girl states that the four sauces come with the REV program. But you get one and the others have to be purchased. So I tried to call them but was only able to reach someone via chat. I explained the situation and she finally agreed to honor the advertisement.

She told me to email once my order was placed and then they would send the sauces. Great! Part of the program is that you personal follow up weekly in phone calls. I scheduled my first call and when Niki called I explained the situation and that I had emailed but not heard back. She said that Tracy who I had chatted with was taking care of it at the moment. Still have not heard from anyone. Then I start to explain that I had done research and seen in the reviews before purchasing that someone else had purchased and then found out that they would only get two veggies for dinner. She cut me off to become defensive and stated that it’s on the Groupon and on their site.

Well I wasn’t telling her to criticize anyone so I didn’t understand the defensive attitude. But honestly I did not see that either and had I not seen the review I would have been upset too. In any event I was trying to explain that did not bother me but while placing my order it offered me the option to spend an extra $50 to trade one of the dinner veggies for a protein. I had asked Tracy during our live chat if doing that would affect the weight loss. Her first answer to me was “The average weight loss is 2-6 pounds per week.” I had not asked how much weight I would lose but if I did opt to trade the veggie for a protein would it affect it. She then stated that sticking to the two veggies is a more accelerated weight loss. I did not feel too sure about her answer because of the way she had answered my question.

It made me feel like she wasn’t sure and just answered by guessing. So I asked Niki this question and she said it’s just like Tracy had said and that Tracy had answered my questions. I explained that she didn’t answer my question the first time so it made me feel not secure with her answer. She then said something to the effect of that it’s obvious if you add food it will add calories. I said it’s not adding food it’s trading food. She began to argue that with me. It does not say for $50 you can add a protein.

It clearly states that you can switch a vegetable for a protein and then it goes from 84 veggies to 56, and from 28 proteins to 56. So at this point I was not comfortable at all. I asked if there was someone else I could speak to besides her for my weekly follow-ups as I feel a very strong negative attitude from her. She told me it’s only her or Tracy. So I just paid all this money and to use the services that I paid for which is someone that talks to me weekly and checks in, I have to tolerate someone being nasty to me. No ma'am. This is wrong.

Original review: July 8, 2018

I really thought that I was getting a full month of food - the counts were for two weeks - but if I am on a 28 day reorder cycle - what the heck am I supposed to do after all the food is gone. Am I only supposed to be eating every other day - or only half the food that was delivered. I feel like this program is deceptive.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I have been receiving Personal Trainer food for about 2 months now. The package when delivered has had melted ice, frozen food cracked and packages of food open. I let this go by for my first 3 deliveries because I really do enjoy the program, it's easy and food is good. However, today I received my 4th package, all of the ice was melted and the food totally defrosted. When I called to complain I was told "Well I can ship you a replacement order which will get there next Wednesday. We don't do overnight, nor can we guarantee delivery" (today is Friday) - I now have a trash can full of wasted food and no food in my freezer to eat until next Wednesday.

I had also ordered chocolate shakes with all of my orders and only received them once - I called the first time and they were shipped, they came in the second order, and no shakes in 3rd or 4th order, even after calling to ensure they were still to be included. Since I had auto delivery set up as my program I now chose to cancel and will look elsewhere for a home delivery program. I can only see this getting worse as the summer is now in full swing and their packaging methods leave much to be desired, along with customer service when logging a complaint.

Personal Trainer Food expert review by JJ Virgin

Diet meal delivery service sends high-protein, low-carb, flash-frozen meals to your door monthly, starting at $12 a day. Choice of three plans. For small freezers, delivery available every two weeks.

• Free shipping: Free FedEx shipping is available on all orders. Customers can also choose their delivery date, including Saturdays. Boxes are packed with enough dry ice to stay cold 24–48 hours past scheduled delivery time.

• Affordability: Individual meals average less than $5 each and can save time and money when compared to the cost of fast food, takeout, going to the grocery store or dining out.

• Motivation and support: Every plan includes expert weight coaches, reachable by phone, email or online chat. A mobile coach program with daily texts is available for a fee. Customers can communicate with each other through a Facebook support group.

• Fully customizable: You pick your favorite food from a 100-item menu, which includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, vegetables and snacks.

• Loyalty rewards: With every monthly, 28-day plan ordered, customers receive a savings code good on the next order. Those opting for the every-two-weeks delivery subscription get a 25 percent discount on the fourth delivery and beyond.

• Best for busy adults: There is no prepping, no cooking and no counting calories. Each pre-cooked meal is microwave-ready in three minutes.

Profile picture of JJ Virgin
      JJ Virgin Weight Loss Programs Contributing Editor

Celebrity Nutrition & Fitness Expert JJ Virgin is author of New York Times bestseller “The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days.” She is also the best-selling author of “Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy” as well as a prominent TV and print media personality.

Personal Trainer Food Company Information