2.70/5
Based on 10 reviews that contain star ratings

Need a good hearing aid?

10 Sam's Club Hearing Aids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I've had experience with hearing aids while caring for my mother-in-law, who had warned me to get a hearing aid sooner rather than later, so the time came that I decided to stop in at Sam's hearing center for their free test for a baseline with thoughts of just getting an inexpensive hearing device of some kind which I now understand wouldn't have worked well.

I've read the negative reviews here but my experience was all positive, maybe because of the extremely knowledgeable specialist who, after my test, carefully explained with helpful charts and illustrations exactly what was happening in my hearing, which was that volume was okay but I was missing many of the high pitches necessary for me to understand words clearly, which I had been noticing, especially with children. He explained how and why the brain cells eventually die that are missing these pitches, and then my hearing could not be corrected, but now it was still possible. He put on the hearing aid and explained which sounds would be loudest (plastic, paper, my voice, etc.) and he was exactly right. Other sounds were normal.

I'm amazed at the technology in this hearing aid compared to what my mother-in-law had! He said I couldn't handle total correction all at once so would tweak it weekly as my ear and brain got used to it, probably for a month. I'm hearing sounds I'd stopped noticing, like my footsteps, the light switch, etc. I'm so happy I got started! I'm pleased with the hearing aid also as it is nearly invisible with just a clear small tube coming from the part behind my ear to the part in the ear canal (not blocking it) and the small "tail" that curves around in my ear to stabilize it. Amazing! I don't know if every Sam's representative is as knowledgeable, clear and perceptive as ** at my Sam's (45th St., West Palm Beach FL) but becoming educated has been the key for me! Oh, and the price is costly, but still less than my mother-in-law's cost years ago, and this does way more. It's worth it. Now I understand my grandchildren!

Original review: July 10, 2018

February 1, 2017 I purchased two in the Ear Hearing Aids from Sam's Club in Shreveport, LA. The Salesman told me that the Hearing Aids were of the latest Technology and much more accurate than the behind the Ears that I presently had. There have been many trips back and forth to the Salesman with many adjustments to hear better with less squeals and a sore ear from wearing them. They were never right and never as good as the behind the ear Hearing Aids. I paid $4500.00 with the warranty. Salesman is no longer with the company. I am out $4500 and the Salesman said I have no warranty and no guarantee. Was I ripped off or what?

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 26, 2018

After testing my wife hearing test was told was not too good. They spent a lot of time trying to make them work. Very satisfied with all their time and effort they spent on her several times. Received a full refund. And they helped my wife get a readout phone for free. Thank you for your time and effort.

Original review: June 7, 2018

After seeing the negatives, I have to say my experience with my hearing aids has been great. I got mine 5 years ago and they've worked well ever since. Nothing is perfect, so obviously the occasional squeal and wind noise is to be expected. I went back after 5 years to get them adjusted as my hearing has diminished. Cleaned, replaced the tube, even did a new audiology test on me to see how much my hearing has degraded. He reprogrammed my aids as best he could to match my loss, but I'm getting to the point of outgrowing the capability of these aids and will need new ones soon. I WILL be going back to Sam's for new ones. My store in La Marque Texas has had very professional audiologist.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I see several negative reviews regarding the hearing aids sold at Sam’s Club and I’m shocked. I’ve worn hearing aids for 20 years and have always struggled with getting my hearing aids to work properly; either everything was too loud, I experienced constant feedback, or speech was distorted. I especially like the fact that I can go to any Sam’s Club Hearing Aid Center for an adjustment or hearing aid cleaning. Also, my hearing evaluation at the Evanston, IL Sam’s Club was the most thorough hearing test I have ever had; even the hearing tests I had from the audiologists at my ENT’s office weren’t THIS thorough. The hearing center in Evanston also has an actual audiologist completing the hearing tests and hearing aid fittings! Wow! Sam’s Club sure has stepped up their game by offering top of the line health professionals in all departments (pharmacy, vision, and hearing). Thank you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club Hearing Aids?

Original review: March 24, 2018

I have worn these 96's over a year. A lot of static and feedback as well as aids popping off and on at will. Domes are a poor fit to ears and back out. Correction is use an ear mold but however ear molds are poorly made, with a poor fit and tear very easy. The wireless transmitter is a complete joke with poor range and dropping connection. They care nothing about service just sales and upgrades. After you pay and they push you through the trial they are done. If you want them cleaned or service when you can find someone in the booth they only wipe them down lightly. Then all the press of upgrade starts. Frankly, sell a quality product and service what you sell. But after all it is Walmart/Sam's the finest marketers of poor quality non-American junk in the world. I have trashed my membership and will never walk in to either store again. They need to pay people to shop them than have a membership. What a rip off.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I purchased 2 hearing aids from Sam's Club 2 years ago, $3000.00 plus the 3 year insurance coverage. I have had nothing but problems from the beginning, in the time I have been to the store, I have seen 5 different hearing aid specialists. All telling me about the hearing aids I have. The squealing is terrible, and continuous. One had to be replaced, Had a hearing test, losing my hearing, and it seems like your technicians know nothing. If they are professionals sorry, they need more training.

Went into the Kissimmee Florida store Wednesday, and guess what another technician. The hearing aids I have are supposed to be top of the line at that time. I am not hearing good, and they are embarrassing, people look at me all the time as they squeal when I move my head. Half the time they don't work, sorry very disappointed in your product. Can't even use the phone with them in, so that again means I do not hear well at my job. If you have any solutions please I would love to hear them, as of right now my hearing aids are a terrible product. Thank you for your help. Working out of your Kissimmee store on Branson Hwy.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I was never fitted properly and had constant pain in both ears and feedback in both ears. After more than 100 visits they told me they never stocked the right size domes and wouldn't order the size I needed.

Original review: May 17, 2017

After many visits from home (Pahrump Nv) to Sam's Club Hearing Aids, Spring Mountain Blvd, Nv, (60 miles), with complaints of hearing loss in left ear, and only getting a cleaning of ear wax (2 times), it was determined, after the warranty had expired of course, that the left ear was in fact non-operational. Of course, by now the warranty had expired. After a cooling down period, I agreed to a replacement - $250.00.

After receiving the replacement I was notified to come in for pickup. Of course they were busy (every time before I had to locate the resident expert), and I was asked to return in 15 minutes. I complied, and when I returned a different person was just being seated. I was told that I needed to wait until testing was completed on him before my hearing aid could be aligned, as he had an appointment. I guess my having to come back in 15 minutes was not considered an appointment. I left to initiate another cooling down period, which I am still engaged in at this writing (same day). I still have the right hearing aid though.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2015

Customer service is useless. Purchased hearing aid online with 90 day return guarantee that could be returned to store. Went to store Port Charlotte, Fl. Spoke to 2 managers, said can't return to store. Called customer service, said can. Tried store again - no luck. Called hearing aid co. said they have contract with Sam's to accept returns. Item was paid to Sam's so they have to issue refund. They were very nice. Called customer service again, was told store has to take return. It seems all customer service does is pacify you to get you off phone. I will dispute charge with credit card co. Made copies of online return guarantee. Don't buy from Sams.com.

Sam's Club Hearing Aids expert review by Shelley Webb

As one of the world's largest membership based warehouse retail chains, Sam's Club offers a range of specialty services to its customers. Some Sam’s Clubs feature a Hearing Solutions center, and select models of hearing aids are also available for purchase on Sam’s Club’s website.

• Complimentary hearing test: For those unsure if they are experiencing hearing loss, Sam's Club offers a free evaluation by health professionals. They can help you determine your level of hearing loss and whether or not you might benefit from hearing aids.

• Hearing aid options: Sam’s Club Hearing Centers offer a selection of hearing aids, including over-the-ear, in-the ear, and receiver-in-canal styles. Many of them are available in several colors and can be purchased online or in store.

• Get replacement parts: Where some retailers only include complete hearing aids, Sam's Club offers replacement parts to keep existing units running longer. You can take your hearing aids to a store-based Hearing Center or order replacement parts online.

• Trial period: Sam’s Club Hearing Centers in most states offer a 30-90 day, money-back guarantee on hearing aids. If it doesn’t work for you, return it for a refund or exchange.

• Mobile subscription app: You can save time and order replacement batteries or a new hearing aid using the Sam's Club mobile app.

• Best for: Sam’s Club members who need an affordable hearing solution.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
    Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Sam's Club Hearing Aids Company Information