2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.70/5

Sam’s Club sells hearing aids to members in more than 450 hearing centers nationwide. The company offers hearing aids, personal sound amplification products and hearing aid accessories at very low costs. The warehouse club also offers hearing tests and hearing aid repairs.

BOTTOM LINE

Sam’s Club Hearing Aid Centers provide low-cost, entry-level hearing aids with free professional consultations. Sam’s Club’s follow-up services make it easy to care for your hearing aids over the long run, too.

PROS

• Free hearing tests
  • Repair services
  • Low costs

CONS

• Limited brand selection

Top Sam's Club Hearing Aids Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club Hearing Aids?

I like the fact that I can go to any Sam’s Club Hearing Aid Center for an adjustment or hearing aid cleaning. Also, my hearing evaluation was the most thorough hearing test I have ever had; even the hearing tests I had from the audiologists at my ENT’s office weren’t THIS thorough.

I am a 1st time user of hearing aids and after much research I decided to use Sam's Club. Their price was $2000 cheaper than other chain stores in the area...I left the store the same day as I was tested with my new hearing aids... It is a joy to hear ALL the conversations going on around me.

About Sam's Club Hearing Aid Centers

Sam's Club has hearing aid centers at more than 450 locations across the U.S. In addition to hearing aids, Sam’s Club offers hearing accessories, batteries and personal sound amplification devices. Audiologists on staff at Sam’s Club Hearing Aid Centers help you determine which hearing aid is best for your needs.

What brand hearing aids does Sam's Club sell?

Sam’s Club sells hearing aids from General Hearing Instruments (GHI) and Liberty Hearing in many different styles, including in-the-ear, behind-the-ear and over-the-ear models, all with a wide range of features.

• If you’re looking for an over-the-ear or in-the-ear model, Sam’s Club audiologists can match you with a hearing aid from GHI.
    • If you want a completely-in-canal or behind-the-ear hearing aid, Sam’s Club audiologists are likely to match you with a device from Liberty Hearing.

Sam’s Club’s line of hearing aids also includes the Simply Slim, a no-wax device that alleviates discomfort and earwax issues. Sam’s Club uses Duracell hearing aid batteries.

Sam’s Club also offers personal sound amplification products (PSAPs) for people who do not have hearing loss. Though these devices look like hearing aids, PSAPs do not have the same sophisticated features.

Sam’s Club hearing aid prices

Sam’s Club hearing aid prices start at $350, but most hearing aids at Sam’s Club cost $1,000 to $6,000. In general, basic hearing aids are fairly inexpensive, while hearing aids with high-end features, including Bluetooth compatibility, cost more. Sam’s Club hearing aid prices are among the lowest on the market.

How to buy a hearing aid at Sam’s Club

Before buying Sam’s Club hearing aids, you should consult a licensed professional. With the help of a licensed professional, individuals can find out the severity of their hearing loss as well as what type of hearing aid device is best for them. Hearing aid types include:

• In-the-canal (ITC)
    • Completely-in-canal (CIC)
    • In-the-ear (ITE)
    • Behind-the-ear (BTE)

Some Sam’s Club locations offer a Hearing Aid Center where a state-licensed hearing health professional provides testing and helps with choosing the best hearing aid.

Sam's Club hearing aid FAQ

What is the return policy for Sam’s Club hearing aids?
    Under Sam’s Club’s return policy, hearing aids might not qualify for a return. It’s best to speak directly with the Hearing Aid Center where you make your purchase to learn the return policy for hearing aids.
    Does Sam’s Club offer free hearing tests?
    Select Sam’s Club locations do offer free hearing tests as well as assistance with sizing. You can schedule an appointment with a Sam’s Club Hearing Aid Center online or over the phone.
    Does Sam’s Club repair hearing aids?
    Yes, hearing aid repair is available through Sam’s Club Hearing Aid Centers. These locations also offer additional services, including hearing aid adjustments, cleanings and free annual tests.
    What is the battery life of Sam’s Club hearing aids?
    The battery life of Sam’s Club hearing aids depends on the hearing aid model. Most hearing aids offered through Sam’s Club have a battery life lasting anywhere from three days to three weeks, depending on their size and complexity.

Are Sam's Club hearing aids good?

If you’re new to the world of hearing aids, you may be hesitant to try out a device that costs thousands of dollars. Sam’s Club sells hearing aids for just a few hundred dollars, which allows customers to implement inexpensive hearing solutions. Sam’s Club Hearing Aid Centers also offer repairs to anyone who purchases at the warehouse club.

Sam's Club Hearing Aids Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club Hearing Aids?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

These hearing aids are very good and allow me to hear well. They also cancel out the Tinnitus many seniors suffer from. They were very reasonably priced and there was a "6 months same as cash" option. Additionally, at least until COVID hit, I could take them in any time I was there and they would clean them, replace worn parts at no charge. After 2 years, they gave me a new hearing test and reconfigured the hearing aids to compensate. Very good service and attention to customer.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I am happy to say I am using Lucid hearing aids I purchased at Sam’s Wholesale. I had Unitron aids for over 10 years. Lucid is superior in so many ways. Lucid offers features and quality much better than I had experienced. I really can’t say enough about the audiologist at Sam’s Club. Most thorough hearing exam I have ever had. She spent a lot of time fine tuning my prescription to give me the best hearing! She used the accessory parts that were just right for fitting aid to my ear. The Lucid company and engineers have developed an excellent hearing aid. It is wonderful to hear this clearly again. Now able to have conversations and hear my grandbabies is PRICELESS!

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 20, 2020

I am very happy after meet with ** at Sam`s Club Port St. Lucie (10900 S US Hwy 1, Port St. Lucie, FL 34952)! She took excellent care of myself, on teaching me ways how to to improve my hearing. She`s very knowledgeable, and experience audiologist.

Rosa **

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

In the couple of months I have used these hearing aids the batteries die quickly. Usually an hour but sometimes 4 hours. Rarely longer than the four hours. Exchanged once at Sam's and still same issues. Representative of Lucid advised battery issues is a common problem with other customers as well.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

The local agent has been mostly fair, but his management has not. My 93-yr old father purchased an expensive set of aids 3 years ago on a payment plan, and unfortunately they were lost. Even though he paid for the expensive loss/damage waiver, Sam's gave no credit for the loss. Dad tried to purchase new ones this month, and the same finance group said they would not allow it. This is a black-eye not only for Sam's but for Walmart as well.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

Bought hearing aids for over $3500.00 and had to constantly go back for repairs. Sam’s Club is 45 each way for me. It was inconvenient to have to use my time and gas for a faulty product. Go to Costco.

Original review: May 7, 2020

I got my Liberty SIE 96s hearing aids 3 years ago. When purchased I got the 3 year extended warranty. I got this because the salesperson said that in the next 3 years, I could bring them in and exchange them for a new pair. He even said that at the end of 3 years, I could bring them in and exchange them. This cost $399.90. Normally, I never buy extended warranties.

At the end of my 3 year period, I went in to exchange them for a new pair. The salesperson (not the same original salesperson) there said.. "No, that's not how that works. You can't exchange these." So, I said, "Then, the salesperson lied to me regarding how this works." The salesman kind of shrugged his shoulders. I asked if I could get my money refunded. The salesman.. Laughed at me... And said, "No... You can't." I said, "In that case, I don't think that I can purchase anything else from you, or ever recommend you." He said, "You can't take it out on me, I didn't do a damn thing..." It's so nice to be cursed at from the employees.

So, buyer beware on the warranty, and the attitude of the salespeople there. I don't know if all the employees attitudes are like this or just this one. The hearing aids are OK, it was my first pair ever. This place will never see my business again. Shame on me in believing the salesperson and not reading the fine print regarding warranty.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

Updated on 08/20/2020: I am so frustrated over the service we received at the closest Sam's Club, in Freehold, NJ. The Lucid hearing aids we purchased at this location give us so much trouble and we now have to travel over 1 1/2 hours away to get service as the women in Freehold was so uncooperative and rude we refuse to deal with her. And yet here we are again having to travel to Edison, NJ who has a gentleman who cannot do enough for us and doesn’t treat us like school children. Ugh another day with dead hearing aid.

Original Review: Drove 45 mins. In rain to keep 10AM appt. only to find no one there. Spoke with another employee who said the hours of operation start at 10 AM, Sat sitting in club and finally she showed up 15 mins late and WOW what an attitude towards me. I feel it was her defense on her tardiness but she was rude to my wife and I once before. Treating me like a elementary school student and telling me I have to let her know that my hearing aids have been falling out. Well that is what I told her at a prior appt. and she decided to give me smaller inserts so why am I getting a condescending attitude from her when that is what she gave me.

Then tried to ask her about an adhesive that someone told me about and I got a sermon that she has been in the business 14 years and never heard of such a thing. Well all she has to do is google it and do her homework. Bottom line is she should not be dealing with the public in any aspect. I said to my wife on the way out, "Why do we have to come here and get abused."

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

Guy was OK. Just got amplified noise. Not a help with voice level sounds. Pricey at 2500. Just not impressed with the set at all. Uncomfortable with the fit in ear. Annoying after short timeline. Have to make sure Doc is in. Your and his schedule not the same.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I purchased the Liberty SIE 96 hearing aids on 8/7/18 and on 9/10/19 the right one stopped working. On 10/29/19 the left one stopped. These hearing aids cost me $1700 each and only lasted less than 14 months (conveniently 2 months after the warranty expired). I called liberty customer service and no help was offered. If you are considering this hearing aid consider another company. Liberty does not stand behind their products.

Sam's Club Hearing Aids author review by Shelley Webb

Sam’s Club, which sells hearing aids from General Hearing Instruments and Liberty Hearing, offers customers a range of hearing solutions. Its basic models cost less than $400, and members can take advantage of exclusive pricing.

• Products: This company sells hearing aids from General Hearing Instruments and Liberty Hearing, which include in-the-ear, behind-the-ear and completely-in-canal models. Batteries and accessories are also available.

• Features: Any features available from General Hearing Instruments and Liberty Hearing are available. GHI sells custom hearing aids, SmartWear hearing aids and aids for musicians, whereas Liberty’s hearing aids come with directional microphones, multiple programming options and wind noise reduction.

• Trial and warranty: Speak to a local Sam’s Club Hearing Aid Center for more information about trial periods, returns and warranty coverage.

• Locations: Sam’s Club has more than 450 Hearing Aid Centers across the country. Audiologists at these locations support you before and after your purchase.

by Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Sam's Club Hearing Aids Company Information