2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.76/5

Sam’s Club sells hearing aids to members in more than 450 hearing centers nationwide. The company offers hearing aids, personal sound amplification products and hearing aid accessories at very low costs. The warehouse club also offers hearing tests and hearing aid repairs.

BOTTOM LINE

Sam’s Club Hearing Aid Centers provide low-cost, entry-level hearing aids with free professional consultations. Sam’s Club’s follow-up services make it easy to care for your hearing aids over the long run, too.

PROS

• Free hearing tests
  • Repair services
  • Low costs

CONS

• Limited brand selection

Top Sam's Club Hearing Aids Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club Hearing Aids?

I like the fact that I can go to any Sam’s Club Hearing Aid Center for an adjustment or hearing aid cleaning. Also, my hearing evaluation was the most thorough hearing test I have ever had; even the hearing tests I had from the audiologists at my ENT’s office weren’t THIS thorough.

I am a 1st time user of hearing aids and after much research I decided to use Sam's Club. Their price was $2000 cheaper than other chain stores in the area...I left the store the same day as I was tested with my new hearing aids... It is a joy to hear ALL the conversations going on around me.

About Sam's Club Hearing Aid Centers

Sam's Club has hearing aid centers at more than 450 locations across the U.S. In addition to hearing aids, Sam’s Club offers hearing accessories, batteries and personal sound amplification devices. Audiologists on staff at Sam’s Club Hearing Aid Centers help you determine which hearing aid is best for your needs.

What brand hearing aids does Sam's Club sell?

Sam’s Club sells hearing aids from General Hearing Instruments (GHI) and Liberty Hearing in many different styles, including in-the-ear, behind-the-ear and over-the-ear models, all with a wide range of features.

• If you’re looking for an over-the-ear or in-the-ear model, Sam’s Club audiologists can match you with a hearing aid from GHI.
    • If you want a completely-in-canal or behind-the-ear hearing aid, Sam’s Club audiologists are likely to match you with a device from Liberty Hearing.

Sam’s Club’s line of hearing aids also includes the Simply Slim, a no-wax device that alleviates discomfort and earwax issues. Sam’s Club uses Duracell hearing aid batteries.

Sam’s Club also offers personal sound amplification products (PSAPs) for people who do not have hearing loss. Though these devices look like hearing aids, PSAPs do not have the same sophisticated features.

Sam’s Club hearing aid prices

Sam’s Club hearing aid prices start at $350, but most hearing aids at Sam’s Club cost $1,000 to $6,000. In general, basic hearing aids are fairly inexpensive, while hearing aids with high-end features, including Bluetooth compatibility, cost more. Sam’s Club hearing aid prices are among the lowest on the market.

How to buy a hearing aid at Sam’s Club

Before buying Sam’s Club hearing aids, you should consult a licensed professional. With the help of a licensed professional, individuals can find out the severity of their hearing loss as well as what type of hearing aid device is best for them. Hearing aid types include:

• In-the-canal (ITC)
    • Completely-in-canal (CIC)
    • In-the-ear (ITE)
    • Behind-the-ear (BTE)

Some Sam’s Club locations offer a Hearing Aid Center where a state-licensed hearing health professional provides testing and helps with choosing the best hearing aid.

Sam's Club hearing aid FAQ

What is the return policy for Sam’s Club hearing aids?
    Under Sam’s Club’s return policy, hearing aids might not qualify for a return. It’s best to speak directly with the Hearing Aid Center where you make your purchase to learn the return policy for hearing aids.
    Does Sam’s Club offer free hearing tests?
    Select Sam’s Club locations do offer free hearing tests as well as assistance with sizing. You can schedule an appointment with a Sam’s Club Hearing Aid Center online or over the phone.
    Does Sam’s Club repair hearing aids?
    Yes, hearing aid repair is available through Sam’s Club Hearing Aid Centers. These locations also offer additional services, including hearing aid adjustments, cleanings and free annual tests.
    What is the battery life of Sam’s Club hearing aids?
    The battery life of Sam’s Club hearing aids depends on the hearing aid model. Most hearing aids offered through Sam’s Club have a battery life lasting anywhere from three days to three weeks, depending on their size and complexity.

Are Sam's Club hearing aids good?

If you’re new to the world of hearing aids, you may be hesitant to try out a device that costs thousands of dollars. Sam’s Club sells hearing aids for just a few hundred dollars, which allows customers to implement inexpensive hearing solutions. Sam’s Club Hearing Aid Centers also offer repairs to anyone who purchases at the warehouse club.

Sam's Club Hearing Aids Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club Hearing Aids?

Original review: June 20, 2020

I am very happy after meet with ** at Sam`s Club Port St. Lucie (10900 S US Hwy 1, Port St. Lucie, FL 34952)! She took excellent care of myself, on teaching me ways how to to improve my hearing. She`s very knowledgeable, and experience audiologist.

Rosa **

Original review: May 7, 2020

I got my Liberty SIE 96s hearing aids 3 years ago. When purchased I got the 3 year extended warranty. I got this because the salesperson said that in the next 3 years, I could bring them in and exchange them for a new pair. He even said that at the end of 3 years, I could bring them in and exchange them. This cost $399.90. Normally, I never buy extended warranties.

At the end of my 3 year period, I went in to exchange them for a new pair. The salesperson (not the same original salesperson) there said.. "No, that's not how that works. You can't exchange these." So, I said, "Then, the salesperson lied to me regarding how this works." The salesman kind of shrugged his shoulders. I asked if I could get my money refunded. The salesman.. Laughed at me... And said, "No... You can't." I said, "In that case, I don't think that I can purchase anything else from you, or ever recommend you." He said, "You can't take it out on me, I didn't do a damn thing..." It's so nice to be cursed at from the employees.

So, buyer beware on the warranty, and the attitude of the salespeople there. I don't know if all the employees attitudes are like this or just this one. The hearing aids are OK, it was my first pair ever. This place will never see my business again. Shame on me in believing the salesperson and not reading the fine print regarding warranty.

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

Drove 45 mins. In rain to keep 10AM appt. only to find no one there. Spoke with another employee who said the hours of operation start at 10 AM, Sat sitting in club and finally she showed up 15 mins late and WOW what an attitude towards me. I feel it was her defense on her tardiness but she was rude to my wife and I once before. Treating me like a elementary school student and telling me I have to let her know that my hearing aids have been falling out. Well that is what I told her at a prior appt. and she decided to give me smaller inserts so why am I getting a condescending attitude from her when that is what she gave me.

Then tried to ask her about an adhesive that someone told me about and I got a sermon that she has been in the business 14 years and never heard of such a thing. Well all she has to do is google it and do her homework. Bottom line is she should not be dealing with the public in any aspect. I said to my wife on the way out, "Why do we have to come here and get abused."

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

Guy was OK. Just got amplified noise. Not a help with voice level sounds. Pricey at 2500. Just not impressed with the set at all. Uncomfortable with the fit in ear. Annoying after short timeline. Have to make sure Doc is in. Your and his schedule not the same.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I purchased the Liberty SIE 96 hearing aids on 8/7/18 and on 9/10/19 the right one stopped working. On 10/29/19 the left one stopped. These hearing aids cost me $1700 each and only lasted less than 14 months (conveniently 2 months after the warranty expired). I called liberty customer service and no help was offered. If you are considering this hearing aid consider another company. Liberty does not stand behind their products.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I just purchased my second set of Lucid hearing aids from Sam's Club. The representative has been extremely helpful. These replaced a set I bought at Sam's Club 5 or 6 years ago. Although the representatives have come and gone, they have always been helpful, and the hearing aids have worked fine. When I bought my first set, I also worked with the audiology department of a local university and could compare features and my hearing experience, and decided on the (then) Liberty hearing aids.

They were less expensive than the top end products of other brands, but I found the very few extra features of other brands did not necessarily work all that well. The latest Lucid (Sam's Club) hearing aids are their top-of-the line and I am happy with the newest feature (Bluetooth). I suppose I could have paid double the price for another brand and gotten a little bit more (like some friends), but I'm not sure they would have made much difference. I'm very happy with these.

Original review: July 1, 2019

My father has been suffering with hearing problems FOREVER and attempts with other providers left him very unhappy. We stumbled across Lucid Hearing Aid Center at the Sam's Club in Sugar Land, TX (never knew there was one in the club) by accident. THANK GOODNESS WE DID! Randy, the audiologist on site, was VERY patient, thorough and caring with my father during the whole process. He explained everything in great detail and answered all questions without hesitation. Needless to say, my father is very pleased with his new hearing aids and how they fit and how well he can now HEAR!

Original review: June 26, 2019

I tried Sam's in Brandon FL thinking I may save some money. While indeed that may be true, what I also found is you give up quite a bit for just a little savings. The hearing aid technology, although ok for some, is equivalent to most major manufacturers' entry or moderate level aid which can be gotten from those manufacturers for the same price as Sam's! They do not offer the higher end technology that is prevalent at other places. Perhaps most importantly is the competency of the specialist in regards to fitting, service and aftercare.

I have seen so many specialist come and go from my Sam's Club. I guess they aren't happy or hard to work for, I can't be certain, but I do know that success will come from someone who has been there long enough to understand the product and how it will help me. Also, I'd feel much more comfortable knowing the specialist has been there long enough to know how to address issues as they arise. Needless to say, I have far more faith in a store that deals solely with hearing aids and not common household goods. I am on my 2nd set from Miracle Ear and my father has had 3 sets over the years from Beltone. I love the service and the quality, I am very comfortable with my dad's too. Spend the money, spend it well and you'll be grateful you did for many years.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I considered joining Costco, just to get their aids, but after my research, decided to stay with Sam's. My hearing loss came from my competitive target rifle experience since I was in 6th grade. This was mostly indoor, but outdoor during the summer months. This lasted, on a weekly basis, from 6th grade thru two years of college. During that time, I never used earplugs.

During my 60, I used a set of Siemens hearing aids that I inherited from my father. They were in the ear aids that always sounded as if I were in a barrel. When, at age 70, my wife said that I really needed to invest in a good set of hearing aids, I did my research (based on reviews such as this) and went to my nearest Sam's Club. The date was 8/19/2017. I was fitted with the SIE 96. My Audiologist was very friendly and professional. Based on some of the reviews out there, not all Sam's Club Audiologist are the same. Mine was exceptional. The hearing test revealed that my hearing loss ranged from normal to profound, depending on the frequency.

The only issue I had in the beginning, was the comfort level of the rubber inserts that attached to the hearing sensor that entered the ear. This issue I have noticed is not unusual based on others' reviews. For me, one of my ear canals is smaller than the other. Joe, my Audiologist, suggested my use a modified rubber insert until my canal adjusted to the normal one. (For me, I interpreted this like I did when I got braces on my teeth. The inside of my lips had to get used to the braces. I was told that my lips had to develop callouses.) Several weeks later, maybe a month, I was given an insert just like the other one. For me, I had never felt more comfortable hearing aids. It was almost as if I had no aids in at all. They felt totally natural. There was no barrel sound, no squeal, nothing.

My first real experience wearing them happened at a youth camp. I was sitting in a semicircle in front a a huge campfire. As the camp speaker was talking, I could clearly hear two kids talking two rows behind me. The novelty of having hearing aids (my hearing aids) that worked so well that I could pick out sounds I hadn't heard in years, or maybe even noticed, was remarkable. Then I began playing with them as conditions changed, switching back and forth from "lucid" to "noisy," two programs that these aids had.

After I got used to them, it seemed like they weren't working, so I went in for a checkup. Joe knew me on sight. He told me he'd check them, but said that it is not unusual to think they were not working, after I am used to them. Then I told him that my aids squealed sometimes when listening to music. He said that my aids had a setting for that. Huh? He told me that he only wanted me to know about two settings until I got used to them. Wow. After that, I began to appreciate them all the more. So I ask another question. "What about talking on the phone?" "Oh, there is a program for that too." Wow. And now I am getting used to the other two settings.

I have now had these hearing aids for almost two years. I have never had to have them serviced, though I might take them in for a once over, since I have a 3 year service contract with Sam's. I now use Duracell batteries rather than the ones Sam's offers. They seem to last longer. I need to say at this point that the sole reason I am writing this review is that I was a bit upset with all the negative reviews I read about these hearing aids.

My mother-in-law has had hearing aids for years. She shops for new ones every three or four years (and she can afford to). She uses the "in the ear" kind and is always complaining about them, no matter what brand she uses. She has never tried Liberty, but she has tried Costco. Am I 100% satisfied? No, but who is? My only beef with my aids is that I still "lose" letters in conversation, and for that I am frustrated. I will continue to return to Sam's for adjustments, after-all, it is free for as long as I own these hearing aids. For me and my money, the customer service in my city is second to none.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I've been trying to have a hearing screen at any of my local Sam's Clubs for about 18 months now. It hasn't been a huge priority for me and my plan was to simply stop by during one of my many visits to Sam's and speak to someone at the kiosk and possibly even get the screen done at that time. I have only once seen an associate at the hearing aid center at any of the locations while I was there. The one time, I approached the employee who couldn't help me because they were just getting ready to leave. Even then I was asked to call some 800 number to schedule my appointment.

Finally, I did schedule an appointment that was supposed to be yesterday at 10:30am. It's my one day off work and I made sure I was up and ready for the appointment, only to receive a voicemail that my appointment needed to be rescheduled for sometime later in the day. The person leaving the voicemail suggested no specific time and when I tried to call back I received another voicemail and just gave up. I would not do business with these folks if they were the only game in town. Just another typical crappy Sam's Club experience. It seems that everything Sam's Club does, is with a level of mediocrity that would kill any other business. I don't get, but Sam's Club hearing aid centers are dead to me.

Sam's Club Hearing Aids author review by Shelley Webb

Sam’s Club, which sells hearing aids from General Hearing Instruments and Liberty Hearing, offers customers a range of hearing solutions. Its basic models cost less than $400, and members can take advantage of exclusive pricing.

• Products: This company sells hearing aids from General Hearing Instruments and Liberty Hearing, which include in-the-ear, behind-the-ear and completely-in-canal models. Batteries and accessories are also available.

• Features: Any features available from General Hearing Instruments and Liberty Hearing are available. GHI sells custom hearing aids, SmartWear hearing aids and aids for musicians, whereas Liberty’s hearing aids come with directional microphones, multiple programming options and wind noise reduction.

• Trial and warranty: Speak to a local Sam’s Club Hearing Aid Center for more information about trial periods, returns and warranty coverage.

• Locations: Sam’s Club has more than 450 Hearing Aid Centers across the country. Audiologists at these locations support you before and after your purchase.

by Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Sam's Club Hearing Aids Company Information