2.81/5

Need a good hearing aid?

Need a good hearing aid?

Sam's Club Hearing Aids Reviews

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I just purchased my second set of Lucid hearing aids from Sam's Club. The representative has been extremely helpful. These replaced a set I bought at Sam's Club 5 or 6 years ago. Although the representatives have come and gone, they have always been helpful, and the hearing aids have worked fine. When I bought my first set, I also worked with the audiology department of a local university and could compare features and my hearing experience, and decided on the (then) Liberty hearing aids.

They were less expensive than the top end products of other brands, but I found the very few extra features of other brands did not necessarily work all that well. The latest Lucid (Sam's Club) hearing aids are their top-of-the line and I am happy with the newest feature (Bluetooth). I suppose I could have paid double the price for another brand and gotten a little bit more (like some friends), but I'm not sure they would have made much difference. I'm very happy with these.

Original review: July 1, 2019

My father has been suffering with hearing problems FOREVER and attempts with other providers left him very unhappy. We stumbled across Lucid Hearing Aid Center at the Sam's Club in Sugar Land, TX (never knew there was one in the club) by accident. THANK GOODNESS WE DID! Randy, the audiologist on site, was VERY patient, thorough and caring with my father during the whole process. He explained everything in great detail and answered all questions without hesitation. Needless to say, my father is very pleased with his new hearing aids and how they fit and how well he can now HEAR!

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I considered joining Costco, just to get their aids, but after my research, decided to stay with Sam's. My hearing loss came from my competitive target rifle experience since I was in 6th grade. This was mostly indoor, but outdoor during the summer months. This lasted, on a weekly basis, from 6th grade thru two years of college. During that time, I never used earplugs.

During my 60, I used a set of Siemens hearing aids that I inherited from my father. They were in the ear aids that always sounded as if I were in a barrel. When, at age 70, my wife said that I really needed to invest in a good set of hearing aids, I did my research (based on reviews such as this) and went to my nearest Sam's Club. The date was 8/19/2017. I was fitted with the SIE 96. My Audiologist was very friendly and professional. Based on some of the reviews out there, not all Sam's Club Audiologist are the same. Mine was exceptional. The hearing test revealed that my hearing loss ranged from normal to profound, depending on the frequency.

The only issue I had in the beginning, was the comfort level of the rubber inserts that attached to the hearing sensor that entered the ear. This issue I have noticed is not unusual based on others' reviews. For me, one of my ear canals is smaller than the other. Joe, my Audiologist, suggested my use a modified rubber insert until my canal adjusted to the normal one. (For me, I interpreted this like I did when I got braces on my teeth. The inside of my lips had to get used to the braces. I was told that my lips had to develop callouses.) Several weeks later, maybe a month, I was given an insert just like the other one. For me, I had never felt more comfortable hearing aids. It was almost as if I had no aids in at all. They felt totally natural. There was no barrel sound, no squeal, nothing.

My first real experience wearing them happened at a youth camp. I was sitting in a semicircle in front a a huge campfire. As the camp speaker was talking, I could clearly hear two kids talking two rows behind me. The novelty of having hearing aids (my hearing aids) that worked so well that I could pick out sounds I hadn't heard in years, or maybe even noticed, was remarkable. Then I began playing with them as conditions changed, switching back and forth from "lucid" to "noisy," two programs that these aids had.

After I got used to them, it seemed like they weren't working, so I went in for a checkup. Joe knew me on sight. He told me he'd check them, but said that it is not unusual to think they were not working, after I am used to them. Then I told him that my aids squealed sometimes when listening to music. He said that my aids had a setting for that. Huh? He told me that he only wanted me to know about two settings until I got used to them. Wow. After that, I began to appreciate them all the more. So I ask another question. "What about talking on the phone?" "Oh, there is a program for that too." Wow. And now I am getting used to the other two settings.

I have now had these hearing aids for almost two years. I have never had to have them serviced, though I might take them in for a once over, since I have a 3 year service contract with Sam's. I now use Duracell batteries rather than the ones Sam's offers. They seem to last longer. I need to say at this point that the sole reason I am writing this review is that I was a bit upset with all the negative reviews I read about these hearing aids.

My mother-in-law has had hearing aids for years. She shops for new ones every three or four years (and she can afford to). She uses the "in the ear" kind and is always complaining about them, no matter what brand she uses. She has never tried Liberty, but she has tried Costco. Am I 100% satisfied? No, but who is? My only beef with my aids is that I still "lose" letters in conversation, and for that I am frustrated. I will continue to return to Sam's for adjustments, after-all, it is free for as long as I own these hearing aids. For me and my money, the customer service in my city is second to none.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I am a 1st time user of hearing aids and after much research I decided to use the Sam's Club in Janesville, Wi. Their price was $2000 cheaper than other chain stores in the area. Steve the tech spent several hours testing and fitting my aids. I left the store the same day as I was tested with my new hearing aids. After 5 days so wearing them I stopped back in because the left ear had a slight pop sound in it and Steve changed the earpiece to a larger one and the popping has gone away. The party setting on my aids is great for large groups of people.

I see a lot of complaints on this website and think the problem is the tech that is doing the testing and fittings. I have not been sorry that I chose the Lucid brand over others I researched as the price and quality has been great. I am hearing things like birds singing and squeaks and rattles in my truck that I never knew I had. It is a joy to hear ALL the conversations going on around me. After 3 days of wearing them my wife proclaimed that I had not asked her once to repeat a question. I would highly recommend these hearing aids and the Janesville, Wi. store if you need hearing aids.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I am at the age that I'm starting to get some hearing loss and after a few years of nudging by my wife I finally stopped in at Sam's in Tarentum PA to get a hearing test. I left with the top of the line hearing aids and have worn them ever since. Paul the specialist there sets up regular visits for cleaning and adjustments to make sure I'm 100% satisfied. Service has been great. Many of my buddies who also have hearing aids scoff at where I bought them but I ended up with better hearing aids at a lower price than they paid with better customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam's Club Hearing Aids?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I purchased the Liberty SIE 96 hearing aids on 8/7/18 and on 9/10/19 the right one stopped working. On 10/29/19 the left one stopped. These hearing aids cost me $1700 each and only lasted less than 14 months (conveniently 2 months after the warranty expired). I called liberty customer service and no help was offered. If you are considering this hearing aid consider another company. Liberty does not stand behind their products.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I tried Sam's in Brandon FL thinking I may save some money. While indeed that may be true, what I also found is you give up quite a bit for just a little savings. The hearing aid technology, although ok for some, is equivalent to most major manufacturers' entry or moderate level aid which can be gotten from those manufacturers for the same price as Sam's! They do not offer the higher end technology that is prevalent at other places. Perhaps most importantly is the competency of the specialist in regards to fitting, service and aftercare.

I have seen so many specialist come and go from my Sam's Club. I guess they aren't happy or hard to work for, I can't be certain, but I do know that success will come from someone who has been there long enough to understand the product and how it will help me. Also, I'd feel much more comfortable knowing the specialist has been there long enough to know how to address issues as they arise. Needless to say, I have far more faith in a store that deals solely with hearing aids and not common household goods. I am on my 2nd set from Miracle Ear and my father has had 3 sets over the years from Beltone. I love the service and the quality, I am very comfortable with my dad's too. Spend the money, spend it well and you'll be grateful you did for many years.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I've been trying to have a hearing screen at any of my local Sam's Clubs for about 18 months now. It hasn't been a huge priority for me and my plan was to simply stop by during one of my many visits to Sam's and speak to someone at the kiosk and possibly even get the screen done at that time. I have only once seen an associate at the hearing aid center at any of the locations while I was there. The one time, I approached the employee who couldn't help me because they were just getting ready to leave. Even then I was asked to call some 800 number to schedule my appointment.

Finally, I did schedule an appointment that was supposed to be yesterday at 10:30am. It's my one day off work and I made sure I was up and ready for the appointment, only to receive a voicemail that my appointment needed to be rescheduled for sometime later in the day. The person leaving the voicemail suggested no specific time and when I tried to call back I received another voicemail and just gave up. I would not do business with these folks if they were the only game in town. Just another typical crappy Sam's Club experience. It seems that everything Sam's Club does, is with a level of mediocrity that would kill any other business. I don't get, but Sam's Club hearing aid centers are dead to me.

Original review: March 24, 2019

On March the 5th I purchased the Liberty 96 channel hearing aids from Sam's Club in Spartanburg, SC for $4255. The only reason I accepted the purchase was because of the 90 day return/refund 100% satisfaction policy. I went back to Sam's on March 23 and asked for my refund. The Liberty audiologist gave me every excuse not to do that. I purchased other behind the ear hearing aids a few days ago and they are much better than those from Liberty at Sam's Club. She told me my BTE aids were not hearing aids but rather hearing analog amplifiers and that I couldn't buy hearing aids anywhere. Not true. I did indeed purchase hearing aids and they do work just like those at Sam's with the exception of having to return every week for adjustments. She made some adjustments to the aids she sold me and asked me to try them. She asked me to come back in a few days and try a $2000 set of BTEs.

By the time I got to the back of the club I had to take them off and put my newer aids back on. The sound quality of the Liberty hearing aids is unnatural and very tin like an AM radio. My new HCR3 from Advanced Affordable Hearing are natural sounding. They have some of the quirks of the Sam's/Liberty aids but not to the point of wanting to not use them. I want my money back as promised with no deception or lies. I don't appreciate being told a lie that I had not and could not purchase hearing aids online from anywhere. I have had 3-4 adjustments made to my hearing aids and none have fixed the problems. My new aids have more programs than those at Sam's. It's not personal, I just want my $4000 back. I can't recommend Sam's Club Hearing Center. Avoid it at all cost.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

After one year, I have had 4 over the ear hearing aids die! Each time I have to wait 5-7 days for it to be sent away for repair. They are not customer friendly! Salesman is a jerk. Went over his head to his boss when he said he couldn't do anything about the waits. He got very mad that I did that. Had the extended warranty put on my purchase without my knowledge. Very unprofessional! But glad now I got the extended because product is so poor. AVOID SAM’S!!!

Sam's Club Hearing Aids expert review by Shelley Webb

As one of the world's largest membership based warehouse retail chains, Sam's Club offers a range of specialty services to its customers. Some Sam’s Clubs feature a Hearing Solutions center, and select models of hearing aids are also available for purchase on Sam’s Club’s website.

• Complimentary hearing test: For those unsure if they are experiencing hearing loss, Sam's Club offers a free evaluation by health professionals. They can help you determine your level of hearing loss and whether or not you might benefit from hearing aids.

• Hearing aid options: Sam’s Club Hearing Centers offer a selection of hearing aids, including over-the-ear, in-the ear, and receiver-in-canal styles. Many of them are available in several colors and can be purchased online or in store.

• Get replacement parts: Where some retailers only include complete hearing aids, Sam's Club offers replacement parts to keep existing units running longer. You can take your hearing aids to a store-based Hearing Center or order replacement parts online.

• Trial period: Sam’s Club Hearing Centers in most states offer a 30-90 day, money-back guarantee on hearing aids. If it doesn’t work for you, return it for a refund or exchange.

• Mobile subscription app: You can save time and order replacement batteries or a new hearing aid using the Sam's Club mobile app.

• Best for: Sam’s Club members who need an affordable hearing solution.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
      Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Sam's Club Hearing Aids Company Information