2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.23/5

Since 1943, ReSound has been providing industry-leading and innovative hearing solutions. Offering hearing aids, wireless hearing accessories, and cutting-edge mobile apps that allow our customers to adjust sound with the touch of a button, ReSound is continually committed to audiology advancements.

ReSound Hearing Aids Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

At first I was very impressed with these hearing aids. But part of what makes them work is the App for adjusting the hearing aid to different situations. But the App does not work. There is no connection. I feel I have spent a lot of money and had my hopes raised for nothing. Also there is no way to complain to ReSound. Only a phone number in Denmark. No email. Nothing. A very unsatisfactory company.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Resound's APP Only works with Apple products. Every time Apple upgrades their operating system I have problems with the Resound app. I have an iPhone SE. Apple's last upgrade caused all kinds of connectivity problems with the Resound app. It takes forever for my hearing aids to connect to the app. Most of the time I have problems with the app and using the phone to make & receive calls. I've contacted technical support two times and had to leave a message for a call back BUT NO ONE EVER CALLS BACK... I will NEVER buy resound again....

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

For the last two weeks I’ve been having issues with my hearing aids that I’ve owned for 2 1/2 years. The brand is Resound CL 862. With the new software upgrade I’ve been having a lot of issues so therefore I’ve been in contact with with the company and I’ve gotten nothing but run around, waiting on the phone for a minimum of half an hour and leaving my phone numbers to them. No one ever calls back to do a troubleshoot. I wanna call the main company and ask them to help. They put me on hold for a technical support and that’s about it. Never hear back from them. I’m very disappointed. I have not had this kind of experience before.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

My hearing loss is pretty bad. I’ve already had about three sets of hearing aids already, and the last set was not working right. Resound is the only Bluetooth that I’ve tried. The quality is good. Since using it, I got no excuses that I can’t hear my wife anymore. I’ll recommend Resound. It didn’t cost me anything. I went through the VA.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

My ReSound Linx Quatro hearing aids are disconnecting from my iPhone XR four or five times a day since IOS 13 came out (actually since the maintenance upgrade the week before). Only get rationalizing from ReSound and my audiologist. When you have fluctuating hearing due to bilateral Mieneres, this is very inconvenient and makes my $4k hearing aids virtually worthless! ReSound says it will be "a few weeks" before the firmware update comes out. Why so, when the IOS 13 beta was available in late 2018? I am not impressed at all so far with ReSound who should have been much, much better prepared for the IOS update and has no excuse whatsoever for doing as such.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ReSound Hearing Aids?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Stay away from Resound. The tech support is absolutely horrible. I should have listened to my hearing aid provider and purchased a different brand. I've wasted hours with their tech support and got nothing but a run-around. Seriously, the worst tech support of anything I've ever experienced. I'm not that thrilled with the HAs themselves. For example, they asked me for the SN which is supposed to be under a clear window on the device, but the plastic is so clouded that I had to get the number from the original packaging. I don't expect that from a multi-thousand dollar product.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I have 60 in one ear and 80 in the other ear and worn hearing aids for a long time. The VA recommended the ReSound hearing aid and paid for it. It helps my hearing, but I found that the Android app has issues and needs some work to be done with it. At least twice a week, I have to re-pair the hearing aids to the app. It would work fine for a few days, then when I put them in in the morning and turn everything on, the phone does not find them. So I gotta go through the problem of re-pairing them. I was told by ReSound that they have not checked out their app with the phone that I have and that basically I should have an iPhone. No way I would buy an overpriced Apple phone.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

My experience with this hearing aid is that the sound keeps cutting in and out. I checked online with possible reasons, none of which apply. These are new. My expectations were high as the cost was high. Sometimes the application connects and other times it will not connect. At times one will connect. The other will not connect. This is a yo-yo hearing aid so far.

Albert

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

I hear better one-on-one and a little better in noisy environments. No better watching TV, but my audiologist says that’s normal. Disappointed because right side quits working (gets very faint) occasionally in the middle of the day for no apparent reason. By brushing it vigorously several times and rebooting it in the charger, it “comes back to life”. But my ears are not waxy or dirty, so I have no idea why it goes faint. Can’t recommend it.

Original review: June 24, 2019

I loved my Resound Linx2 hearing aids because of their advanced features such as iPhone compatibility but I probably won't buy another ReSound product. In three years of ownership they have been returned twice for factory service and had parts replaced twice by my audi. Now, the aids are two months past warranty and my right hearing aid needs to be sent in for repair at a cost of $363. I wrote to the company but received no response. Very disappointing.

ReSound Hearing Aids Company Information