2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.95/5

MDHearingAid offers affordable, high-quality hearing aids at a fraction of the price of traditional hearing clinics. Founded by an Ear, Nose, and Throat Doctor in Chicago a decade ago, MDHearingAid devices are FDA-registered, programmed by an in-house audiologist, and delivered right to your door. MDHearingAid provides hearing aids that give you control over the settings, eliminating the need for repetitive appointments at a clinic. If questions arise, their U.S.-based, audiologist-trained specialists are there to support, troubleshoot, and advise. Every hearing aid comes with a 45-day risk-free trial, and 100% money-back guarantee.

MDHearingAid Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I was thinking about getting an MDHearingAid but I didn’t want to spend $2,000 an ear like my daughter did. So, I was holding off on getting it until I saw their ad, and I was, “Ooh!” They have 45 days to give it a free trial, and that’s why I did it. Also, it only cost me $400 instead of $4,000. The advertisement said it was $199 or take 11% off. I called them and the rep said, “Well, that was already done,” on the $199. I didn’t know if that was true or not. I just went with it, and I still thought, “Well, 200 bucks isn’t bad.” I got a behind the ear.

Batteries came with it. In the ad, it said free batteries for a year. I haven’t ordered any because they sent me a couple of packets. I’ve only used it twice, so I still have some. I wear the hearing aids most days. I’ve already gone through one battery in the 45 days, so I don’t know how long those batteries actually last. I have ringing in the ears and I was afraid of getting a hearing aid would amplify it. But my daughter said no, because the ringing in the ears is coming from inside my head and not from the ear itself. It did not amplify it at all. Also, the TV is down lower. I can hear the shuffling of the leaves when I walk in it. But I am not totally deaf. My daughter is totally deaf, that’s why she had to get the more expensive ones. And because of her job, she had to have extra stuff on it. That’s why hers cost so much. I’m very happy with mine.

We are a small company and your feedback and comments are very helpful to us.

MDHearingAid’s mission is to help people find an affordable hearing aid solution that fits their needs.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

I'm on a fixed income. So, spending $3,000 on hearing aids is not an option for me. I stumbled across an ad for MDHearingAid. I did my research and found out that they are apparently the only off-brand hearing aids that are actually registered as a hearing aid and not just a hearing amplifier. And the price was great. It was Christmas time. They had a buy one, get one. They have a thing on their site where you answer some questions and they recommend the hearing aid they think you need. The one I got is rechargeable with no batteries. They're supposed to be $600 a piece which was good enough. It's a far cry from 1,500 a piece. And because it's buy one get one, I got both of them for $600. Also, there's a guarantee on them, so you can try them out. I'm trying them out and I can't believe how well they're working. They are incredible.

I have had two chat sessions and one phone call with the customer service at MDHearingAid. I thought I had a defective unit. The chat sessions were okay. Maybe they don't have enough people manning their chat or there was a glitch in the system because both times, I got cut off before I was really done. So, the third time, I called and also emailed and got immediate responses to both. I got someone on the phone that walked me through everything with that hearing aid and showed me that it was a plug of some sort in the line. All I had to do was clean it out and everything is fine. And the email response said exactly the same thing. So, they're very good and very efficient. The only question I've got with them is maybe they need to tweak their chat system a little bit. It tends to offend people like me when you think you're talking to somebody and next thing you know it says, "Please answer the survey at the end. See yah!"

Other than that, they were as friendly as could be with me when I got them on the phone. And the product is incredible, especially for the price compared to everything else out there. So, I'm happy. I've already been telling people I know with problems that they need to check them out. There is nothing that $3,000 for a pair of hearing aids could do for you that the $600 MDHearingAid can't do for you as well. Take their questionnaire. Use it. It makes sense. You answer what problems you're having with hearing and they base their recommendation on the answers to those questions. You don't wanna get the cheap unit, and there is a very cheap unit, if it's not gonna do you any good. It would be throwing money out the window.

With my hearing aids, I can hear. Whatever show I'm watching, everything I hear was muffled and difficult to follow. I was asking my wife to tell me, "What they say? What they say? What they're saying?" to the point where she was getting ready to kill me but I put those hearing aids on and everything's great. Everything's coming through the way it should. My hearing used to be incredible. My problem is I spent 40 years testing fire alarms and it killed my hearing.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Everything is good, but I'm having some issues with my hearing. It is muffled right now. Not very clear like it was. I have some sinus issues and don't know if that's the problem. 2 weeks ago I was turning the sound of the TV down now I'm turning it up. My husband is upset because he has to repeat things if I'm busy.

We are a small company and your feedback and comments are very helpful to us.

We will be contacting you at your private email so we can investigate this issue and provide any support needed.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I lost the original one, and when I went to replace it, I just went back to the same one. The other reason is they do what they're supposed to do. And the price is fairly reasonable. It was a two for four and I couldn't turn that down. The only thing that I'm skeptical of is the batteries. They're junk and I don't use them. I can't believe how bad they are. It's not that the hearing aid won't turn on, but it skips. I took the battery out, put the Energizer in it and it's working fine again.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I got MDHearingAid for my mother and she loves it. We went to Sam’s Club and she wasn’t satisfied with the hearing aid, which was about $1,000 a piece. And so, she got to bring them home and try them out. She had like 30 days. So, it was getting close to the end of 30 days and they were making her ears sore. She wasn’t satisfied with them. So, by the time the trial ended with it, we got credited back for the hearing aid. So, we didn’t lose anything. My mother likes MDHearingAid so much better.

Everything went really smooth with the sales team. And we called them up just about a week ago and ordered some more tubes and tips. We got it really fast. My mother’s satisfied with them. She says she’s improved. It’s helped her, when she’s not wearing them, to hear. She’s really adamant about cleaning them before she put them in her ear. Now, she will take them out and put them up. But before you put them in her ears, she’s gotta clean them, the tubes and everything. She likes that she’s able to control it being in a high mode or a normal mode because one of her ears is in better shape than the other. She really likes them. I would recommend them to my brother, my sister, or whoever needs them. I’d tell them to check out MDHearingAid first. The quality of the hearing aid is impeccable. They got a lot of state of the art in there.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MDHearingAid?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

My hearing was not so bad that it was interrupting my life that much, but certain areas weren't as clear as it was before. When I heard MDHearingAid advertised on the TV, I thought I’d try it. My wife talked to the salesperson and bought the better one, which was also less expensive. The hearing aids don't stay in as good as it should and sometimes it makes my ears itch, but it works well.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I've been wearing hearing aids for about 10 years. And I've gone through two $3,000 sets of what I’d call commercial hearing aids. About two years ago, I saw MDHearingAid's ad in AARP and I said to my wife that the next time I have trouble with my hearing aids, I'm gonna buy a pair of MDHearingAid's and see what they were like. They are different, but I have adjusted to them and I'm quite pleased with them. The few times that I've had problems, I called and whoever I talked with tried hard to help me or have helped me. I have recommended MDHearingAid to many people. Dollar in for dollar out, it can't be beat. I'm very happy with it.

We are a small company and your feedback and comments are very helpful to us.

Thank you for your support and have a great day!

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I had an expensive hearing aid set and I accidentally dropped it and it got run over. I've got metastatic ovarian cancer and I figured that I will not be around much longer, and I hated to spend $4,000 for a new hearing aid. I like MDHearingAid's price so I use one from them and then others that I already had. It works okay for me. If I was planning on being around another 10 years, I’d probably go with the more expensive one because there’s a lot of background noise and stuff that it does help to bump it up to three. But I’m happy with it for short term, with what I’m gonna be needing.

The MDHearingAid was $499 and buy one, get one free. I had to have two different sizes and so they sent me varied ones to try. The one ear mold didn’t fit very good, and so I’ve used the smaller one and that helped. My hearing has improved because I can hear better with two instead of just one. My husband has a hearing problem too that he’s almost tone deaf, so he’s trying out some new hearing aids right now. It’s a challenge to communicate with him but MDHearingAid has helped. I don’t ask him what so much, he doesn’t have to repeat for me like when I just had one hearing aid.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
    Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

I've had some hearing aids a long time ago, but I lost them and had gone with MDHearingAid mostly for the price. It is very affordable and increases my hearing in places where I need it. I wear it at certain times when I'm going out, and I wouldn't be able to hear otherwise, like in church. They're not really hearing aids though. They're just amplifiers. Hearing aids amplify only the sound spectrums that you need. MDHearingAid amplifies the whole thing. They're not all that great from a hearing aid standpoint, but if you know they're amplifiers, then you know what to expect. There are four settings on the one I got that could cut down on the background noise anywhere from one to four. Also, their online process was very easy.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

I saw MDHearingAid in an advertisement and it looked like a good price, so I decided to try them. However, it wasn't good for me. I couldn't get them positioned to where I wanted them. But, I guess, it is because of my age. I have a friend that went to Walmart and he is very satisfied there. So, I might try that or I will just struggle with my hearing.

MDHearingAid expert review by Shelley Webb

MDHearingAid is a discount hearing aid provider, specializing in basic hearing aids for the budget-conscious consumer. Founded by an ear, nose and throat doctor, Sreekant Cherukuri, in Chicago, MDHearingAid seeks to create the highest-quality hearing aid at the lowest possible price. The MDHearingAid line amplifies sounds associated with the human voice and decreases sounds associated with noise.

• Value: Most top-of-the-line hearing aids from major manufacturers will cost about $4000 per pair, but MDHearingAids are advertised between 82 and 91 percent less than the cost of comparable hearing aids from major brands.

• Options: Most hearing aid companies today only manufacture digital programmable aids, which provide great sound and the latest technology but are too expensive for the average consumer. MDHearingAids is one of the only companies that still offers analog-style hearing aids, which means you can purchase a complete set for less than $200. They also offer digital and rechargeable digital hearing aids.

• Monthly financing available: If you prefer to purchase your hearing aids through installments, MDHearingAid offers a zero percent APR financing option to select customers. Your payments may be anywhere from $17 to $46 a month.

• Online shopping: Most hearing aid providers require customers to undergo a complete hearing evaluation and hearing aid fitting prior to purchase. You can purchase your MDHearingAids online and have them shipped to your home with no appointments or evaluations required. Because they are made with a one-size-fits-all in-the-canal receiver, you can wear them right out of the package.

• Satisfaction guaranteed: MDHearingAids guarantees your satisfaction. You can try the hearing aids for 45 days, and if you are not completely satisfied, you can return them for a complete refund of your purchase price.

• Best for: aging listeners and people with acquired or progressive hearing loss who want to purchase discount hearing aids online.

by Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

MDHearingAid Company Information