3.55/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

MDHearingAid offers affordable, high-quality hearing aids at a fraction of the price of traditional hearing clinics. Founded by an Ear, Nose, and Throat Doctor in Chicago a decade ago, MDHearingAid devices are FDA-registered, programmed by an in-house audiologist, and delivered right to your door. MDHearingAid provides hearing aids that give you control over the settings, eliminating the need for repetitive appointments at a clinic. If questions arise, their U.S.-based, audiologist-trained specialists are there to support, troubleshoot, and advise. Every hearing aid comes with a 45-day risk-free trial, and 100% money-back guarantee.

MDHearingAid Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

For the price these hearing aids work very well. There are some things I haven't heard in quite13 some time. My only complaint is they amplify the higher sounds (the crinkling of paper, running water, women's high pitched voices, etc.) more than the normal speech of the average voice. Understanding people is still a little bit difficult, but better. For price I will keep them.

We are a small company and your feedback and comments are very helpful to us.

We will be contacting you at your private email so we can investigate this issue and provide any support needed.

MDHearingAid’s mission is to help people find an affordable hearing aid solution that fits their needs.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

My MDHearingAid device is battery-operated and it seem to work best for me. I have used another one before where you have to plug those in, and they have to charge at night. I had difficulty with that because I’m an older person. I like the batteries because you can put the batteries in and they are okay. I ordered them online and everything went fine. I saw what they had and I went ahead and ordered them. I’ve had them ever since, and they have been comfortable for me. My right ear is fine. I can hear good out of that. If I have a hearing aid in my left ear and none in my right ear, I’m fine. But I put the right one in once in a while, especially if we’re going to be in a group so I can try to hear everything. Every once in a while, I get frustrated with the hearing aids because they would start whistling, but I think that was my fault. Overall, the quality of life for me has changed because my wife does not have to yell at me anymore.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I ordered new tubing and new tips and am very satisfied with them. I do think that the next time I order them, I will order the fatter tips as I already had a pair and I just started using them and they seem to work better for me. Before this order, I had sent one of my aids back and you people replaced it and I noticed that the recording when I increase or decrease the sound or program is much better than the other one. My right one, is so low I can not tell what is said. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know. Other than that, I am enjoying them!

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

A while back, I was sick and was on some medication that might affect my hearing and it did. I went to the University Of Florida Ear Clinic and got my hearing checked and when I got the hearing test done, they said that I was a candidate for hearing aids and I could get it there cheaper than anywhere else. But they were still talking over $2000. I’m a browser and on the computer a lot. I ran across an infomercial about MD and I read the reviews on it. It caught my eye. The words were right, the reviews were right, the price was right. My family was so tired of repeating everything and having the TV up loud. I knew I had to do something and just made the decision.

Now I’m hearing things that I haven’t heard in years. I’m on oxygen at night and I can now hear it running. I can also hear the rain on the roof and the clock ticking. I have to hit the little clicker though. We have a bird that screeches loud, so I use the background screener. I can hear what people say the first time around and I don't have to play the TV on 40 when the rest doesn't need but 25. From the very first day, it has been a fantastic experience.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I got MDHearingAid for my mother and she loves it. We went to Sam’s Club and she wasn’t satisfied with the hearing aid, which was about $1,000 a piece. And so, she got to bring them home and try them out. She had like 30 days. So, it was getting close to the end of 30 days and they were making her ears sore. She wasn’t satisfied with them. So, by the time the trial ended with it, we got credited back for the hearing aid. So, we didn’t lose anything. My mother likes MDHearingAid so much better.

Everything went really smooth with the sales team. And we called them up just about a week ago and ordered some more tubes and tips. We got it really fast. My mother’s satisfied with them. She says she’s improved. It’s helped her, when she’s not wearing them, to hear. She’s really adamant about cleaning them before she put them in her ear. Now, she will take them out and put them up. But before you put them in her ears, she’s gotta clean them, the tubes and everything. She likes that she’s able to control it being in a high mode or a normal mode because one of her ears is in better shape than the other. She really likes them. I would recommend them to my brother, my sister, or whoever needs them. I’d tell them to check out MDHearingAid first. The quality of the hearing aid is impeccable. They got a lot of state of the art in there.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MDHearingAid?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

My MDHearingAid came quickly and I can hear with it. But if somebody has an accent or is talking fast, or there are people around them, I can’t hear anything and I don't understand anything. I’m having trouble with them and it’s probably me adjusting them or I just can’t get used to them. I’ve had them for a few months now but I haven’t been wearing them all the time ‘cause I get in certain areas where it’s either too loud or I don't understand with the thing in. Still, they are nice. My one ear is a little bad, but I can hear out of it.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

This is my second set of hearing aids and an upgrade from the first set I wore for over two years. This set was to be an improvement, but the quality is not there. As the volume increases they become tinney in sound. The battery life is very short. The battery can register as having power on the tester, but the hearing aid will report low battery. Very disappointed in the product.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

We needed hearing aids and MD sounded all right with us. We've had it for about three months and it works when we use it.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

The hearing aids do help me. I started with the thin tubing, was constantly adjusting the hearing, it finally just quit, I changed to the high volume kit. It works much better with less adjusting. I still have not used the right ear aid. I told the lady when I ordered my right ear was good. My left ear went bad when I had blisters on my eardrum. How can I get my money back. The pro body is so large I cannot imagine wearing 2 of these things. My ears are not that big. Thank you, Joan

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

I was disappointed as soon as I received the hearing aids to find out they are much larger than regular hearing aids. Nothing on their website indicated they were that big, in face the website said they fit 'discreetly' behind the ear. They were so large and not discreet behind my ear so returned them right away but had to pay almost $10 to return them. I asked if they would cover postage because I felt they were misrepresented but they said flat out NO. Costco has much better hearing aids and for only $400 more than their premium.

Hello,

Anne

MDHearingAid expert review by Shelley Webb

MDHearingAid is a discount hearing aid provider, specializing in basic hearing aids for the budget-conscious consumer. Founded by an ear, nose and throat doctor, Sreekant Cherukuri, in Chicago, MDHearingAid seeks to create the highest-quality hearing aid at the lowest possible price. The MDHearingAid line amplifies sounds associated with the human voice and decreases sounds associated with noise.

• Value: Most top-of-the-line hearing aids from major manufacturers will cost about $4000 per pair, but MDHearingAids are advertised between 82 and 91 percent less than the cost of comparable hearing aids from major brands.

• Options: Most hearing aid companies today only manufacture digital programmable aids, which provide great sound and the latest technology but are too expensive for the average consumer. MDHearingAids is one of the only companies that still offers analog-style hearing aids, which means you can purchase a complete set for less than $200. They also offer digital and rechargeable digital hearing aids.

• Monthly financing available: If you prefer to purchase your hearing aids through installments, MDHearingAid offers a zero percent APR financing option to select customers. Your payments may be anywhere from $17 to $46 a month.

• Online shopping: Most hearing aid providers require customers to undergo a complete hearing evaluation and hearing aid fitting prior to purchase. You can purchase your MDHearingAids online and have them shipped to your home with no appointments or evaluations required. Because they are made with a one-size-fits-all in-the-canal receiver, you can wear them right out of the package.

• Satisfaction guaranteed: MDHearingAids guarantees your satisfaction. You can try the hearing aids for 45 days, and if you are not completely satisfied, you can return them for a complete refund of your purchase price.

• Best for: aging listeners and people with acquired or progressive hearing loss who want to purchase discount hearing aids online.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

MDHearingAid Company Information