2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.85/5

MDHearingAid offers affordable, high-quality hearing aids at a fraction of the price of traditional hearing clinics. Founded by an Ear, Nose, and Throat Doctor in Chicago a decade ago, MDHearingAid devices are FDA-registered, programmed by an in-house audiologist, and delivered right to your door. MDHearingAid provides hearing aids that give you control over the settings, eliminating the need for repetitive appointments at a clinic. If questions arise, their U.S.-based, audiologist-trained specialists are there to support, troubleshoot, and advise. Every hearing aid comes with a 45-day risk-free trial, and 100% money-back guarantee.

MDHearingAid Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

My hearing was not so bad that it was interrupting my life that much, but certain areas weren't as clear as it was before. When I heard MDHearingAid advertised on the TV, I thought I’d try it. My wife talked to the salesperson and bought the better one, which was also less expensive. The hearing aids don't stay in as good as it should and sometimes it makes my ears itch, but it works well.

We are a small company and your feedback and comments are very helpful to us.

We will be contacting you at your private email so we can investigate this issue and provide any support needed.

MDHearingAid’s mission is to help people find an affordable hearing aid solution that fits their needs.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I had an expensive hearing aid set and I accidentally dropped it and it got run over. I've got metastatic ovarian cancer and I figured that I will not be around much longer, and I hated to spend $4,000 for a new hearing aid. I like MDHearingAid's price so I use one from them and then others that I already had. It works okay for me. If I was planning on being around another 10 years, I’d probably go with the more expensive one because there’s a lot of background noise and stuff that it does help to bump it up to three. But I’m happy with it for short term, with what I’m gonna be needing.

The MDHearingAid was $499 and buy one, get one free. I had to have two different sizes and so they sent me varied ones to try. The one ear mold didn’t fit very good, and so I’ve used the smaller one and that helped. My hearing has improved because I can hear better with two instead of just one. My husband has a hearing problem too that he’s almost tone deaf, so he’s trying out some new hearing aids right now. It’s a challenge to communicate with him but MDHearingAid has helped. I don’t ask him what so much, he doesn’t have to repeat for me like when I just had one hearing aid.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

I'm on a fixed income. So, spending $3,000 on hearing aids is not an option for me. I stumbled across an ad for MDHearingAid. I did my research and found out that they are apparently the only off-brand hearing aids that are actually registered as a hearing aid and not just a hearing amplifier. And the price was great. It was Christmas time. They had a buy one, get one. They have a thing on their site where you answer some questions and they recommend the hearing aid they think you need. The one I got is rechargeable with no batteries. They're supposed to be $600 a piece which was good enough. It's a far cry from 1,500 a piece. And because it's buy one get one, I got both of them for $600. Also, there's a guarantee on them, so you can try them out. I'm trying them out and I can't believe how well they're working. They are incredible.

I have had two chat sessions and one phone call with the customer service at MDHearingAid. I thought I had a defective unit. The chat sessions were okay. Maybe they don't have enough people manning their chat or there was a glitch in the system because both times, I got cut off before I was really done. So, the third time, I called and also emailed and got immediate responses to both. I got someone on the phone that walked me through everything with that hearing aid and showed me that it was a plug of some sort in the line. All I had to do was clean it out and everything is fine. And the email response said exactly the same thing. So, they're very good and very efficient. The only question I've got with them is maybe they need to tweak their chat system a little bit. It tends to offend people like me when you think you're talking to somebody and next thing you know it says, "Please answer the survey at the end. See yah!"

Other than that, they were as friendly as could be with me when I got them on the phone. And the product is incredible, especially for the price compared to everything else out there. So, I'm happy. I've already been telling people I know with problems that they need to check them out. There is nothing that $3,000 for a pair of hearing aids could do for you that the $600 MDHearingAid can't do for you as well. Take their questionnaire. Use it. It makes sense. You answer what problems you're having with hearing and they base their recommendation on the answers to those questions. You don't wanna get the cheap unit, and there is a very cheap unit, if it's not gonna do you any good. It would be throwing money out the window.

With my hearing aids, I can hear. Whatever show I'm watching, everything I hear was muffled and difficult to follow. I was asking my wife to tell me, "What they say? What they say? What they're saying?" to the point where she was getting ready to kill me but I put those hearing aids on and everything's great. Everything's coming through the way it should. My hearing used to be incredible. My problem is I spent 40 years testing fire alarms and it killed my hearing.

MDHearingAid response

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your MDHearingAid experience.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Everything is good, but I'm having some issues with my hearing. It is muffled right now. Not very clear like it was. I have some sinus issues and don't know if that's the problem. 2 weeks ago I was turning the sound of the TV down now I'm turning it up. My husband is upset because he has to repeat things if I'm busy.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I lost the original one, and when I went to replace it, I just went back to the same one. The other reason is they do what they're supposed to do. And the price is fairly reasonable. It was a two for four and I couldn't turn that down. The only thing that I'm skeptical of is the batteries. They're junk and I don't use them. I can't believe how bad they are. It's not that the hearing aid won't turn on, but it skips. I took the battery out, put the Energizer in it and it's working fine again.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MDHearingAid?

Original review: April 7, 2020

The hearing aid for the left ear does not seem to be working even at level 4. The right hearing does not increase my hearing level as expected. Need to get these problems resolved as soon as possible. Thank you.

Original review: April 4, 2020

Only need for right ear. It works well at a volume of 2.5 and program 2. I would like to see the ear pods last longer or at least lower cost. On the up side the batteries seem to last well and are relatively inexpensive. Overall very satisfied.

Original review: April 3, 2020

At first it seemed to work fine, still had trouble hearing certain tones. Received help from customer service, helped with issue. At 30 day mark one would not change modes had to shut off and put on again to change after time it would sound like I was in tunnel. Had to keep shutting on and off. Returned due to feeling it it broke so fast how would it do after time.

Original review: April 3, 2020

I am pleased with MD aids!!!! Had 4 expensive sets, which I couldn't hear too good. So I got these to try, very happy I can hear, sometimes on the phone I ask what was said.. Otherwise VERY HAPPY!

Original review: April 3, 2020

Hearing aids noise level. First, I want to compliment your order department. They are the best. My problem was the hearing aids kept on fading in and out while watching TV. I was sent several sets of ear plugs and tried several types but the problem remained. I returned them on 4/2/20 to your Southfield. Mi. address.

MDHearingAid author review by Shelley Webb

With four basic hearing aids and prices starting at just $199, MDHearingAid offers low-cost options to people with hearing loss. Financing is available online through Affirm. However, these hearing aids only serve people with mild to moderately severe hearing loss.

• Products: Four models are available, including the Pro, Air, Volt and Core. Each model has a receiver-in-canal style with a simple design.

• Features: The Volt is a rechargeable hearing aid, and the Core is customizable to let users adjust sound settings on their smartphones as they go. Feedback cancellation and dual directional microphones are available with more expensive models, as well.

• Trial and warranty: All MDHearingAid devices come with a 45-day trial and a 90-day warranty that covers defective materials and workmanship. Customers can buy a one-year protection plan for $99.99.

• Locations: MDHearingAid does not have any physical locations; it lets customers purchase hearing aids online without a hearing test.

by Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

MDHearingAid Company Information