Formerly MDHearingAid

4.0/5 (193 ratings)

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks:

Get Pricing

About MDHearing

MDHearingAid is a hearing aid company that sells FDA-registered medical devices at a fraction of the typical cost. Because hearing aids aren’t custom-made for each customer, MDHearingAid can offer high-quality, medical-grade hearing aids at a steep discount. All hearing aids are programmed to the highest standard by MDHearingAid’s in-house audiologist and tested before being sent directly to a customer’s doorstep.

Find Hearing Aids near you

Pros

• Free hearing test
    • Fully online
    • Affordable
    • 45-day trial

Cons

• Limited options
    • No custom fits

Bottom Line

MDHearing lets customers purchase affordable hearing aids from their homes. While the hearing aids are not custom-fit to the wearer, its 45-day trial and free shipping make exchanges easy.

Top MDHearing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MDHearing?

Verified

We were going through a magazine and saw MDHearingAid. It looked pretty good so we pursued it and ordered hearing aids… The customer service was perfect too. They agreed with me a...

Verified

It's the first hearing aids I ever had and it works well. It's got four settings on it and I like that. When I'm driving or when I'm in a restaurant, I can cut out a lot of backgr...

How does the MDHearing work?

MDHearing offers a fully online approach to hearing evaluations and purchasing hearing devices. Its free hearing evaluation was designed by hearing aid specialists and ENT doctors and takes less than eight minutes to complete, with results arriving instantly.

After you receive your results, you can choose between four different hearing aid styles. If you need more support, An MDHearing representative can walk you through your options with an easy-to-use comparison guide.

After purchasing a device, you receive a 45-day trial that lets you test the hearing and comfort level. If any adjustments are needed, you can reach out to MDHearing’s team of dedicated hearing instrument specialists, who can assist in the exchange or adjustment process.

MDHearing costs

MDHearing offers four hearing aids that range from $199 to $799 per device. For customers who need two hearing aids, there is a slight discount when purchasing both at the same time.

MDHearing runs frequent discounts, including buy-one-get-one-free sales, that help customers save money when purchasing hearing devices. Customers can also use the company’s monthly payment plans with 0% APR financing to pay off their devices over time if the upfront cost is too much. Shipping is always free with MDHearing.

MDHearing FAQ

How much does an MDHearing cost?

Hearing aids start at $199 each, or $399 for a pair. MDHearing’s most expensive option is $799 each, or $1599 for a pair.

Is MDHearing any good?

Yes, MDHearing is a good option for customers who don’t need a custom-fit or custom-designed hearing aid. Its straightforward approach and free evaluations can save customers thousands of dollars on medical-grade hearing devices.

Is MDHearing a PSAP?

No. MDHearing sells medical-grade hearing devices used to treat hearing loss, not personal sound amplification products.

Is MDHearing legitimate?

Yes, MDHearing is a legitimate company.

Do I need a doctor’s prescription or hearing test in order to buy MDHearing?

No, you do not. But MDHearing and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration recommend that all adults receive a medical evaluation before purchasing hearing aids to ensure the hearing loss is not a symptom of a more serious issue and that hearing devices are the best solution.

Is MDHearing any good?

For customers who experience hearing loss and are OK with hearing devices that are not custom-fit, MDHearing is a great solution. Other companies offer custom-fit devices that are fine-tuned in person, which may be more accurate and comfortable, but these devices have a more expensive price tag. While these devices may be a better solution for some, the associated high cost can be a huge deterrent for others. MDHearing is a good option for people who prioritize budget over specific hearing solutions.

MDHearing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MDHearing?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

Aids work and fit well. Great app that is used to control aids. Had a problem with one charging properly. It and the charger were immediately replaced. Great customer service. I highly recommend MD hearing aids (mine are Volt Max)!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

I received the hearing aids within days of ordering, and I have received excellent support via email and YouTube videos that explain everything. I am able to hear much better than before! They were uncomfortable for the first few days, but now I am able to wear them all day without discomfort.

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

I bought the CORE hearing aid from MDHearingAid. It did not meet my needs. I returned it and ordered the VOLT MAX. The VOLT MAX is a great hearing aid. There is an app that one can download from the App Store onto your phone or iPad (IOS 10.0 or above). This allows you to personalize the hearing aids specifically for your hearing loss. It does this by providing tones at various volumes like a hearing test for one ear and then the other. You press a button each time you hear a tone. It then loads this information into the hearing aids to compensate for your particular hearing loss versus frequency. The VOLT MAX works as advertised and provides hearing almost as good as ones costing much more. I would recommend that you give them a try. They have a 45-day trial period in which you can return the hearing aid for a full refund.

Original review: July 10, 2022

I had hearing aids before from Costco but these MD hearing aids are so much better that it's hard to believe that they cost a fraction of what most hearing aids cost. I'm absolutely thrilled with them I can adjust the volume & type of hearing on my smartphone & I am able to hear friends in a group meeting or in a crowded restaurant for the first time in years. I'm absolutely in love with these wonderful hearing aids and the excellent follow-up care from the people in the company, constantly sending me recordings on how to clean them or use them properly. I really love this company for providing excellent hearing aids for a very affordable cost. Thank you, MD.

Original review: March 14, 2022

My MD hearing aid is the Volt+ and is easy to wear and easy to charge. The price was awesome and the customer service with the online audiologist was outstanding! My aids also came with bonus charging case, dehumidifier jar and replacement tubes and tips. The company also is available any time you need them. I am well pleased with this product and with MDHearingAid.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

I never got a working pair after three tries with error-associated replacement mailings. Support requests were answered with generic videos. Long waits on telephone. No perceivable improvement of hearing in restaurant situation in my shortened trial.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I had been thinking about purchasing hearing aids but did not want to spend thousands of dollars. I saw the ads for MDHearingAid and the price they advertised was in my price range. I read the reviews on these hearing aids and decided to take a chance. I ordered them and the process was very easy. I was anxious to get them and try them and I didn't have to wait long. They were here in approximately 1 week. The directions were simple and I began wearing them right away. After experimenting with the volume and different settings I found the best selections for my needs. I can now hear my wife speaking to me with no problem at all and the tv does not have to be blasting for me to hear it. I am very pleased with my purchase and encourage anyone who is thinking about buying hearing aids to give MDHearingAid a chance. They offer a 45 day full refund so you have nothing to lose!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

The service department staff are the greatest. They answered my question in full. They guided me through a series of tests trying to find a solution to the issue I was having. While we were not successful in taking care of the issue with these tests, they gave me all the return info I needed to return my aid to them. When it was all said and done they sent me a new aid at a minimum cost. I am well pleased with MDHearingAid.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I bought their lowest priced hearing aid (AIR) and it is a complete disaster. I have been using hearing aids for over 20 years and this is by far the worst one I have ever encountered. First: it is difficult to place in your ear. Second: it emits a loud electronic noise when you are trying to fit it in your ear. Third: sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. They try to cajole you into buying "insurance" for these hearing aids, but the cost of the insurance is equal to more than what a new one would be. And the other completely annoying feature of this company is that, even though I have notified them at least six times, they will not stop sending you emails. Once you are on their list there is no way you can stop their barrage of junk email.

Original review: June 18, 2021

Good hearing aid for the money. Our insurance co-pay was ridiculous, but MDHearing Volt makes it possible for my husband to participate in “life” again. Customer service also quickly resolved any issues.

Find a Hearing Aid partner near you.

MDHearing Company Information

2008
        Formerly Named:
        MD HearingAid
        150 N Michigan Ave #400
        Chicago
        IL
        www.mdhearingaid.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: