2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.74/5

MDHearingAid is a hearing aid company that sells FDA-registered medical devices at a fraction of the typical cost. Because hearing aids aren’t custom-made for each customer, MDHearingAid can offer high-quality, medical-grade hearing aids at a steep discount. All hearing aids are programmed to the highest standard by MDHearingAid’s in-house audiologist and tested before being sent directly to a customer’s doorstep.

BOTTOM LINE

MDHearingAid lets customers purchase affordable hearing aids from their homes. While the hearing aids are not custom-fit to the wearer, its 45-day trial and free shipping make exchanges easy.

PROS

• Free hearing test
  • Fully online
  • Affordable
  • 45-day trial

CONS

• Limited options
  • No custom fits

Top MDHearingAid Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about MDHearingAid?

We were going through a magazine and saw MDHearingAid. It looked pretty good so we pursued it and ordered hearing aids… The customer service was perfect too. They agreed with me and said there would be no charge. We're happy with them.

It's the first hearing aids I ever had and it works well. It's got four settings on it and I like that. When I'm driving or when I'm in a restaurant, I can cut out a lot of background noise and I can hear much better. It's a good thing. There could be better ones but for me, this works just fine.

How does the MDHearingAid work?

MDHearingAid offers a fully online approach to hearing evaluations and purchasing hearing devices. Its free hearing evaluation was designed by hearing aid specialists and ENT doctors and takes less than eight minutes to complete, with results arriving instantly.

After you receive your results, you can choose between four different hearing aid styles. If you need more support, An MDHearingAid representative can walk you through your options with an easy-to-use comparison guide.

After purchasing a device, you receive a 45-day trial that lets you test the hearing and comfort level. If any adjustments are needed, you can reach out to MDHearingAid’s team of dedicated hearing instrument specialists, who can assist in the exchange or adjustment process.

MDHearingAid costs

MDHearingAid offers four hearing aids that range from $199 to $799 per device. For customers who need two hearing aids, there is a slight discount when purchasing both at the same time.

MDHearingAid runs frequent discounts, including buy-one-get-one-free sales, that help customers save money when purchasing hearing devices. Customers can also use the company’s monthly payment plans with 0% APR financing to pay off their devices over time if the upfront cost is too much. Shipping is always free with MDHearingAid.

MDHearingAid FAQ

How much does an MDHearingAid cost?
    Hearing aids start at $199 each, or $399 for a pair. MDHearingAid’s most expensive option is $799 each, or $1599 for a pair.
    Is MDHearingAid any good?
    Yes, MDHearingAid is a good option for customers who don’t need a custom-fit or custom-designed hearing aid. Its straightforward approach and free evaluations can save customers thousands of dollars on medical-grade hearing devices.
    Is MDHearingAid a PSAP?
    No. MDHearingAids sells medical-grade hearing devices used to treat hearing loss, not personal sound amplification products.
    Is MDHearingAid legitimate?
    Yes, MDHearingAid is a legitimate company.
    Do I need a doctor’s prescription or hearing test in order to buy MDHearingAids?
    No, you do not. But MDHearingAid and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration recommend that all adults receive a medical evaluation before purchasing hearing aids to ensure the hearing loss is not a symptom of a more serious issue and that hearing devices are the best solution.

Is MDHearingAid any good?

For customers who experience hearing loss and are OK with hearing devices that are not custom-fit, MDHearingAid is a great solution. Other companies offer custom-fit devices that are fine-tuned in person, which may be more accurate and comfortable, but these devices have a more expensive price tag. While these devices may be a better solution for some, the associated high cost can be a huge deterrent for others. MDHearingAid is a good option for people who prioritize budget over specific hearing solutions.

MDHearingAid Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MDHearingAid?

Original review: April 21, 2020

I couldn’t hear too good and called MDHearingAid to try them out. I have to keep changing the hearing aid to the right sound. When I go to church and the music gets higher, I turn them down a little bit. Sometimes when I pull to take the hearing aids out, the end of the little tube that goes to my ear stays in my ear.

Original review: April 9, 2020

MDHearingAid was advertised in our local paper here at a certain price. Beforehand, I ordered them a year ago and it was 6,000 and something. I sent them back. But I saw this ad here in Rockaway and it said 600 and buy one free. I paid the 600 and I have them here. The price was a big difference. I see they’re down to 200 and something. You have to just buy them. They’re probably more money than what they’re advertising them for. I thought they were for 200 but when I ordered them, they were 600. But I was satisfied with the price. I know people had paid 8,000 for them.

I paid them one time right away over the bank because it’s better for me to pay it and be done with it. I wear my hearing aids at night when I’m watching TV so I don’t have to have it loud. They seem to be working for what I need them for. I go to church and I can hear the priest then. Other than that, I don’t wear them all the time because I’m out gardening. I don’t abuse them. So far, my aids are still all right. The only thing is keeping them behind your ears. You have to know how to do it and to keep them propped up there.

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 23, 2020

I started to get the best hearing aids but I just couldn't afford it. I had a friend of mine that had MDHearingAid. Also, my regular doctor got some for his mother and recommended them. So far, they have been good. Although I don't wear them all the time, I really need it at certain times instead of turning up the TV too loud. Also, if I go somewhere, I usually put them in.

When I first started wearing them, it kinda made my ears a little bit sore from putting them in and taking them out. However, the only real problem that I have with them is the distinction when there are several people talking. I have to concentrate more, but I'm not ready to send them back yet. It's a little better than just reading their lips. I'm 76 so it's better than nothing and it's also better than cheap hearing aids. They work better when there's not a lot of people talking, like at church. When I'm riding in the car or driving, I have to turn them off because they just make the road noise a lot louder. Even with the radio on, everything is loud. It's better to just reach back and turn it to off. We got a fairly new car but the road noise is still kinda irritating.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

My hearing was not so bad that it was interrupting my life that much, but certain areas weren't as clear as it was before. When I heard MDHearingAid advertised on the TV, I thought I’d try it. My wife talked to the salesperson and bought the better one, which was also less expensive. The hearing aids don't stay in as good as it should and sometimes it makes my ears itch, but it works well.

MDHearingAid response

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your MDHearingAid experience.

We are a small company and your feedback and comments are very helpful to us.

We will be contacting you at your private email so we can investigate this issue and provide any support needed.

MDHearingAid’s mission is to help people find an affordable hearing aid solution that fits their needs.

Regards,

Anne

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I had an expensive hearing aid set and I accidentally dropped it and it got run over. I've got metastatic ovarian cancer and I figured that I will not be around much longer, and I hated to spend $4,000 for a new hearing aid. I like MDHearingAid's price so I use one from them and then others that I already had. It works okay for me. If I was planning on being around another 10 years, I’d probably go with the more expensive one because there’s a lot of background noise and stuff that it does help to bump it up to three. But I’m happy with it for short term, with what I’m gonna be needing.

The MDHearingAid was $499 and buy one, get one free. I had to have two different sizes and so they sent me varied ones to try. The one ear mold didn’t fit very good, and so I’ve used the smaller one and that helped. My hearing has improved because I can hear better with two instead of just one. My husband has a hearing problem too that he’s almost tone deaf, so he’s trying out some new hearing aids right now. It’s a challenge to communicate with him but MDHearingAid has helped. I don’t ask him what so much, he doesn’t have to repeat for me like when I just had one hearing aid.

MDHearingAid response

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your MDHearingAid experience.

We are a small company and your feedback and comments are very helpful to us.

Regards,

Anne

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: April 29, 2020

I sent back the hearing aids because they didn’t feel right for me. But they were okay and comfortable. I even tried some different tips on them, but after a while, I kept them off more than I had them on. Then I thought, I’m not gonna buy hearing aids if I’m not gonna wear them all the time. I had tried a pair before MDHearingAid. It had a Bluetooth effect and they were really nice. I liked them but they were way expensive. So I didn’t go with them either. I have a little bit of a hearing loss, but it’s not that bad. I need a hearing aid but I’m not gonna wear them until I really know I have to absolutely wear them to hear.

Original review: April 27, 2020

The hearing aids work good. MDHearingsAids call it the VOLT, which is the rechargeable stuff. I had some others and I finally just quit using them. I thought my hearing was getting bad enough that I wasn't having something strong enough, but these ones are on a fairly low setting and they're doing fine. I'm very impressed with them. The earpieces that came with them fit wonderfully. They're better than I imagined.

Original review: April 26, 2020

The MDHearingAid gentleman I talked to explained everything to me and told me to give him a call if I had any problems. I could afford to buy MDHearingAid, which was mostly why I got it. I was also satisfied that I had the opportunity to buy it and if I didn’t like it, I could send it back. It's comfortable when you put it in and doesn't bother you. I like it better than the ones that the doctors put in my ears.

I could hear people, but I couldn’t understand what they were saying. If I have the hearing aid in, I can hear everything that there is. But I don’t wear it very much anymore because I hear too much. It’s hard to get it adjusted to where you can get relaxed with it. I can hardly hear anything out of my right ear. But if I have a hearing aid in my left ear, I hear everything that’s behind me and everything that’s in front of me. However, I hear it all at the same time and if I turn it down, I can hardly hear anything behind me. Otherwise, it works pretty well as long as nobody else is talking.

Original review: April 20, 2020

MDHearingAid seemed to be the best deal. When I was out and about and wearing the hearing aid, it made a world of difference. When people talk low, I can hear them now and the background noise isn't like it used to be. It’s hard to get them to fit on right to get them comfortable. Some of the other companies had different-sized earplugs and MDHearingAids didn't. That could’ve made a big difference. Other than that, they work good for me and it has been an all-the-way good experience. If I'd have any problems, they followed up which I was very pleased with.

Original review: April 14, 2020

I was wearing hearing aids but lost one of them. It was $1,500 just for one so when I saw MDHearingAid had a special on, I thought I’d try it. I got the advertisement through the mail and I filled it out. I bought the one that sold for 599, which was half-price. With it, I can hear better. However, its comfort is fair. Sometimes, it's comfortable but sometimes, it's not. Sometimes, I have to take it out and scratch my ears. It's easy to charge though. I'd tell others to give MDHearingAid a try.

MDHearingAid Company Information