2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids

3.7/5 (164 ratings)

About MDHearingAid

MDHearingAid is a hearing aid company that sells FDA-registered medical devices at a fraction of the typical cost. Because hearing aids aren’t custom-made for each customer, MDHearingAid can offer high-quality, medical-grade hearing aids at a steep discount. All hearing aids are programmed to the highest standard by MDHearingAid’s in-house audiologist and tested before being sent directly to a customer’s doorstep.

Find Hearing Aids partners near you

Pros

• Free hearing test
    • Fully online
    • Affordable
    • 45-day trial

Cons

• Limited options
    • No custom fits

Bottom Line

MDHearingAid lets customers purchase affordable hearing aids from their homes. While the hearing aids are not custom-fit to the wearer, its 45-day trial and free shipping make exchanges easy.

Top MDHearingAid Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We were going through a magazine and saw MDHearingAid. It looked pretty good so we pursued it and ordered hearing aids… The customer service was perfect too. They agreed with me a...

Verified

It's the first hearing aids I ever had and it works well. It's got four settings on it and I like that. When I'm driving or when I'm in a restaurant, I can cut out a lot of backgr...

How does the MDHearingAid work?

MDHearingAid offers a fully online approach to hearing evaluations and purchasing hearing devices. Its free hearing evaluation was designed by hearing aid specialists and ENT doctors and takes less than eight minutes to complete, with results arriving instantly.

After you receive your results, you can choose between four different hearing aid styles. If you need more support, An MDHearingAid representative can walk you through your options with an easy-to-use comparison guide.

After purchasing a device, you receive a 45-day trial that lets you test the hearing and comfort level. If any adjustments are needed, you can reach out to MDHearingAid’s team of dedicated hearing instrument specialists, who can assist in the exchange or adjustment process.

MDHearingAid costs

MDHearingAid offers four hearing aids that range from $199 to $799 per device. For customers who need two hearing aids, there is a slight discount when purchasing both at the same time.

MDHearingAid runs frequent discounts, including buy-one-get-one-free sales, that help customers save money when purchasing hearing devices. Customers can also use the company’s monthly payment plans with 0% APR financing to pay off their devices over time if the upfront cost is too much. Shipping is always free with MDHearingAid.

MDHearingAid FAQ

How much does an MDHearingAid cost?
    Hearing aids start at $199 each, or $399 for a pair. MDHearingAid’s most expensive option is $799 each, or $1599 for a pair.
    Is MDHearingAid any good?
    Yes, MDHearingAid is a good option for customers who don’t need a custom-fit or custom-designed hearing aid. Its straightforward approach and free evaluations can save customers thousands of dollars on medical-grade hearing devices.
    Is MDHearingAid a PSAP?
    No. MDHearingAids sells medical-grade hearing devices used to treat hearing loss, not personal sound amplification products.
    Is MDHearingAid legitimate?
    Yes, MDHearingAid is a legitimate company.
    Do I need a doctor’s prescription or hearing test in order to buy MDHearingAids?
    No, you do not. But MDHearingAid and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration recommend that all adults receive a medical evaluation before purchasing hearing aids to ensure the hearing loss is not a symptom of a more serious issue and that hearing devices are the best solution.

Is MDHearingAid any good?

For customers who experience hearing loss and are OK with hearing devices that are not custom-fit, MDHearingAid is a great solution. Other companies offer custom-fit devices that are fine-tuned in person, which may be more accurate and comfortable, but these devices have a more expensive price tag. While these devices may be a better solution for some, the associated high cost can be a huge deterrent for others. MDHearingAid is a good option for people who prioritize budget over specific hearing solutions.

MDHearingAid Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MDHearingAid?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

The service department staff are the greatest. They answered my question in full. They guided me through a series of tests trying to find a solution to the issue I was having. While we were not successful in taking care of the issue with these tests, they gave me all the return info I needed to return my aid to them. When it was all said and done they sent me a new aid at a minimum cost. I am well pleased with MDHearingAid.

Original review: May 14, 2021

These hearing aids are worth the money. First time trying OTC hearing aids. Their customer service is the best. I had a problem of whistling if I covered my ear or made other movements, I ordered the closed tips and that helped but not completely. Customer service sent a variety of ear tips to try, no charge!

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 24, 2021

Bought 2 hearing aids for my 89 year old Mom and they helped her hear, but she had problems using the charger; she complained that the hearing aids hurt her ears; and she had a hard time putting on the hearing aids. I feel most problems were only her being 89 and not liking change. I contacted MD Hearing during the look and see period of 45 days and they graciously accepted our return and gave back every cent we had paid. This was extraordinary in our business world today, to do what you say you will do without hassle. Thanks MD Hearing..

Original review: April 7, 2021

Although I upgraded from the Volt Hearing Aid model to the Core, I can recommend the Volt very highly as far as the clarity and sound features are. I had no problems getting the aids to working and could change the setting as I deemed necessary. If I had a complaint it would be the Volt hearing aids were a bit bulky and did not fit comfortable behind my ears. That is the reason I chose to upgrade my hearing aids to a set that are slightly smaller. Working with the customer service representatives at MDHearing Aids was very professional and I was treated with the greatest of respect.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I can hear again. Cost-wise MDHearing is much less than traditional hearing aids, but is still a hearing aid, not a hearing amplifier. I purchased the rechargeable units. The pair cost me $600. I could not afford the $1500 per ear that "normal" hearing aids cost for their base lines. 2 thumbs up for MDHearing Aids.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I bought their lowest priced hearing aid (AIR) and it is a complete disaster. I have been using hearing aids for over 20 years and this is by far the worst one I have ever encountered. First: it is difficult to place in your ear. Second: it emits a loud electronic noise when you are trying to fit it in your ear. Third: sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. They try to cajole you into buying "insurance" for these hearing aids, but the cost of the insurance is equal to more than what a new one would be. And the other completely annoying feature of this company is that, even though I have notified them at least six times, they will not stop sending you emails. Once you are on their list there is no way you can stop their barrage of junk email.

Original review: June 18, 2021

Good hearing aid for the money. Our insurance co-pay was ridiculous, but MDHearing Volt makes it possible for my husband to participate in “life” again. Customer service also quickly resolved any issues.

Original review: March 13, 2021

Tried Miracle Ear and Beltone. Both gave me back my money and said we can't fit you.. They were (over 1000 each). This really works for me. Tried many others. Tried the non medical ones in desperation also... You ARE THE best of them All

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Great aids for the price. Sound quality is excellent. Replacement parts are overpriced though. Ear tube attachment could be easily re-engineered to prevent cross threading. Nice to hear again. Highly recommend.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

This MD hearing aid is equal to the hearing aid store $5000 plus hearing aids. I think there may be 1 or 2 hearing aid manufacturers making hearing aids for all companies, that's the reason why they are all so similar except for price so why pay $5000. Plus when the quality is all the same.

Find a Hearing Aid partner near you.

MDHearingAid Company Information