2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.92/5

MDHearingAid is a hearing aid company that sells FDA-registered medical devices at a fraction of the typical cost. Because hearing aids aren’t custom-made for each customer, MDHearingAid can offer high-quality, medical-grade hearing aids at a steep discount. All hearing aids are programmed to the highest standard by MDHearingAid’s in-house audiologist and tested before being sent directly to a customer’s doorstep.

BOTTOM LINE

MDHearingAid lets customers purchase affordable hearing aids from their homes. While the hearing aids are not custom-fit to the wearer, its 45-day trial and free shipping make exchanges easy.

PROS

• Free hearing test
  • Fully online
  • Affordable
  • 45-day trial

CONS

• Limited options
  • No custom fits

Top MDHearingAid Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about MDHearingAid?

We were going through a magazine and saw MDHearingAid. It looked pretty good so we pursued it and ordered hearing aids… The customer service was perfect too. They agreed with me and said there would be no charge. We're happy with them.

It's the first hearing aids I ever had and it works well. It's got four settings on it and I like that. When I'm driving or when I'm in a restaurant, I can cut out a lot of background noise and I can hear much better. It's a good thing. There could be better ones but for me, this works just fine.

Unsubscribe at any time.

How does the MDHearingAid work?

MDHearingAid offers a fully online approach to hearing evaluations and purchasing hearing devices. Its free hearing evaluation was designed by hearing aid specialists and ENT doctors and takes less than eight minutes to complete, with results arriving instantly.

After you receive your results, you can choose between four different hearing aid styles. If you need more support, An MDHearingAid representative can walk you through your options with an easy-to-use comparison guide.

After purchasing a device, you receive a 45-day trial that lets you test the hearing and comfort level. If any adjustments are needed, you can reach out to MDHearingAid’s team of dedicated hearing instrument specialists, who can assist in the exchange or adjustment process.

MDHearingAid costs

MDHearingAid offers four hearing aids that range from $199 to $799 per device. For customers who need two hearing aids, there is a slight discount when purchasing both at the same time.

MDHearingAid runs frequent discounts, including buy-one-get-one-free sales, that help customers save money when purchasing hearing devices. Customers can also use the company’s monthly payment plans with 0% APR financing to pay off their devices over time if the upfront cost is too much. Shipping is always free with MDHearingAid.

MDHearingAid FAQ

How much does an MDHearingAid cost?
    Hearing aids start at $199 each, or $399 for a pair. MDHearingAid’s most expensive option is $799 each, or $1599 for a pair.
    Is MDHearingAid any good?
    Yes, MDHearingAid is a good option for customers who don’t need a custom-fit or custom-designed hearing aid. Its straightforward approach and free evaluations can save customers thousands of dollars on medical-grade hearing devices.
    Is MDHearingAid a PSAP?
    No. MDHearingAids sells medical-grade hearing devices used to treat hearing loss, not personal sound amplification products.
    Is MDHearingAid legitimate?
    Yes, MDHearingAid is a legitimate company.
    Do I need a doctor’s prescription or hearing test in order to buy MDHearingAids?
    No, you do not. But MDHearingAid and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration recommend that all adults receive a medical evaluation before purchasing hearing aids to ensure the hearing loss is not a symptom of a more serious issue and that hearing devices are the best solution.

Is MDHearingAid any good?

For customers who experience hearing loss and are OK with hearing devices that are not custom-fit, MDHearingAid is a great solution. Other companies offer custom-fit devices that are fine-tuned in person, which may be more accurate and comfortable, but these devices have a more expensive price tag. While these devices may be a better solution for some, the associated high cost can be a huge deterrent for others. MDHearingAid is a good option for people who prioritize budget over specific hearing solutions.

MDHearingAid Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MDHearingAid?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

My hearing was not so bad that it was interrupting my life that much, but certain areas weren't as clear as it was before. When I heard MDHearingAid advertised on the TV, I thought I’d try it. My wife talked to the salesperson and bought the better one, which was also less expensive. The hearing aids don't stay in as good as it should and sometimes it makes my ears itch, but it works well.

We are a small company and your feedback and comments are very helpful to us.

We will be contacting you at your private email so we can investigate this issue and provide any support needed.

MDHearingAid’s mission is to help people find an affordable hearing aid solution that fits their needs.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I had an expensive hearing aid set and I accidentally dropped it and it got run over. I've got metastatic ovarian cancer and I figured that I will not be around much longer, and I hated to spend $4,000 for a new hearing aid. I like MDHearingAid's price so I use one from them and then others that I already had. It works okay for me. If I was planning on being around another 10 years, I’d probably go with the more expensive one because there’s a lot of background noise and stuff that it does help to bump it up to three. But I’m happy with it for short term, with what I’m gonna be needing.

The MDHearingAid was $499 and buy one, get one free. I had to have two different sizes and so they sent me varied ones to try. The one ear mold didn’t fit very good, and so I’ve used the smaller one and that helped. My hearing has improved because I can hear better with two instead of just one. My husband has a hearing problem too that he’s almost tone deaf, so he’s trying out some new hearing aids right now. It’s a challenge to communicate with him but MDHearingAid has helped. I don’t ask him what so much, he doesn’t have to repeat for me like when I just had one hearing aid.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

I'm on a fixed income. So, spending $3,000 on hearing aids is not an option for me. I stumbled across an ad for MDHearingAid. I did my research and found out that they are apparently the only off-brand hearing aids that are actually registered as a hearing aid and not just a hearing amplifier. And the price was great. It was Christmas time. They had a buy one, get one. They have a thing on their site where you answer some questions and they recommend the hearing aid they think you need. The one I got is rechargeable with no batteries. They're supposed to be $600 a piece which was good enough. It's a far cry from 1,500 a piece. And because it's buy one get one, I got both of them for $600. Also, there's a guarantee on them, so you can try them out. I'm trying them out and I can't believe how well they're working. They are incredible.

I have had two chat sessions and one phone call with the customer service at MDHearingAid. I thought I had a defective unit. The chat sessions were okay. Maybe they don't have enough people manning their chat or there was a glitch in the system because both times, I got cut off before I was really done. So, the third time, I called and also emailed and got immediate responses to both. I got someone on the phone that walked me through everything with that hearing aid and showed me that it was a plug of some sort in the line. All I had to do was clean it out and everything is fine. And the email response said exactly the same thing. So, they're very good and very efficient. The only question I've got with them is maybe they need to tweak their chat system a little bit. It tends to offend people like me when you think you're talking to somebody and next thing you know it says, "Please answer the survey at the end. See yah!"

Other than that, they were as friendly as could be with me when I got them on the phone. And the product is incredible, especially for the price compared to everything else out there. So, I'm happy. I've already been telling people I know with problems that they need to check them out. There is nothing that $3,000 for a pair of hearing aids could do for you that the $600 MDHearingAid can't do for you as well. Take their questionnaire. Use it. It makes sense. You answer what problems you're having with hearing and they base their recommendation on the answers to those questions. You don't wanna get the cheap unit, and there is a very cheap unit, if it's not gonna do you any good. It would be throwing money out the window.

With my hearing aids, I can hear. Whatever show I'm watching, everything I hear was muffled and difficult to follow. I was asking my wife to tell me, "What they say? What they say? What they're saying?" to the point where she was getting ready to kill me but I put those hearing aids on and everything's great. Everything's coming through the way it should. My hearing used to be incredible. My problem is I spent 40 years testing fire alarms and it killed my hearing.

MDHearingAid response

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your MDHearingAid experience.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Everything is good, but I'm having some issues with my hearing. It is muffled right now. Not very clear like it was. I have some sinus issues and don't know if that's the problem. 2 weeks ago I was turning the sound of the TV down now I'm turning it up. My husband is upset because he has to repeat things if I'm busy.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I lost the original one, and when I went to replace it, I just went back to the same one. The other reason is they do what they're supposed to do. And the price is fairly reasonable. It was a two for four and I couldn't turn that down. The only thing that I'm skeptical of is the batteries. They're junk and I don't use them. I can't believe how bad they are. It's not that the hearing aid won't turn on, but it skips. I took the battery out, put the Energizer in it and it's working fine again.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: April 29, 2020

I sent back the hearing aids because they didn’t feel right for me. But they were okay and comfortable. I even tried some different tips on them, but after a while, I kept them off more than I had them on. Then I thought, I’m not gonna buy hearing aids if I’m not gonna wear them all the time. I had tried a pair before MDHearingAid. It had a Bluetooth effect and they were really nice. I liked them but they were way expensive. So I didn’t go with them either. I have a little bit of a hearing loss, but it’s not that bad. I need a hearing aid but I’m not gonna wear them until I really know I have to absolutely wear them to hear.

Original review: April 27, 2020

The hearing aids work good. MDHearingsAids call it the VOLT, which is the rechargeable stuff. I had some others and I finally just quit using them. I thought my hearing was getting bad enough that I wasn't having something strong enough, but these ones are on a fairly low setting and they're doing fine. I'm very impressed with them. The earpieces that came with them fit wonderfully. They're better than I imagined.

Original review: April 26, 2020

The MDHearingAid gentleman I talked to explained everything to me and told me to give him a call if I had any problems. I could afford to buy MDHearingAid, which was mostly why I got it. I was also satisfied that I had the opportunity to buy it and if I didn’t like it, I could send it back. It's comfortable when you put it in and doesn't bother you. I like it better than the ones that the doctors put in my ears.

I could hear people, but I couldn’t understand what they were saying. If I have the hearing aid in, I can hear everything that there is. But I don’t wear it very much anymore because I hear too much. It’s hard to get it adjusted to where you can get relaxed with it. I can hardly hear anything out of my right ear. But if I have a hearing aid in my left ear, I hear everything that’s behind me and everything that’s in front of me. However, I hear it all at the same time and if I turn it down, I can hardly hear anything behind me. Otherwise, it works pretty well as long as nobody else is talking.

Original review: April 21, 2020

I couldn’t hear too good and called MDHearingAid to try them out. I have to keep changing the hearing aid to the right sound. When I go to church and the music gets higher, I turn them down a little bit. Sometimes when I pull to take the hearing aids out, the end of the little tube that goes to my ear stays in my ear.

Original review: April 20, 2020

MDHearingAid seemed to be the best deal. When I was out and about and wearing the hearing aid, it made a world of difference. When people talk low, I can hear them now and the background noise isn't like it used to be. It’s hard to get them to fit on right to get them comfortable. Some of the other companies had different-sized earplugs and MDHearingAids didn't. That could’ve made a big difference. Other than that, they work good for me and it has been an all-the-way good experience. If I'd have any problems, they followed up which I was very pleased with.

MDHearingAid Company Information