2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.93/5

MDHearingAid offers affordable, high-quality hearing aids at a fraction of the price of traditional hearing clinics. Founded by an Ear, Nose, and Throat Doctor in Chicago a decade ago, MDHearingAid devices are FDA-registered, programmed by an in-house audiologist, and delivered right to your door. MDHearingAid provides hearing aids that give you control over the settings, eliminating the need for repetitive appointments at a clinic. If questions arise, their U.S.-based, audiologist-trained specialists are there to support, troubleshoot, and advise. Every hearing aid comes with a 45-day risk-free trial, and 100% money-back guarantee.

MDHearingAid Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I was thinking about getting an MDHearingAid but I didn’t want to spend $2,000 an ear like my daughter did. So, I was holding off on getting it until I saw their ad, and I was, “Ooh!” They have 45 days to give it a free trial, and that’s why I did it. Also, it only cost me $400 instead of $4,000. The advertisement said it was $199 or take 11% off. I called them and the rep said, “Well, that was already done,” on the $199. I didn’t know if that was true or not. I just went with it, and I still thought, “Well, 200 bucks isn’t bad.” I got a behind the ear.

Batteries came with it. In the ad, it said free batteries for a year. I haven’t ordered any because they sent me a couple of packets. I’ve only used it twice, so I still have some. I wear the hearing aids most days. I’ve already gone through one battery in the 45 days, so I don’t know how long those batteries actually last. I have ringing in the ears and I was afraid of getting a hearing aid would amplify it. But my daughter said no, because the ringing in the ears is coming from inside my head and not from the ear itself. It did not amplify it at all. Also, the TV is down lower. I can hear the shuffling of the leaves when I walk in it. But I am not totally deaf. My daughter is totally deaf, that’s why she had to get the more expensive ones. And because of her job, she had to have extra stuff on it. That’s why hers cost so much. I’m very happy with mine.

We are a small company and your feedback and comments are very helpful to us.

MDHearingAid’s mission is to help people find an affordable hearing aid solution that fits their needs.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

I'm on a fixed income. So, spending $3,000 on hearing aids is not an option for me. I stumbled across an ad for MDHearingAid. I did my research and found out that they are apparently the only off-brand hearing aids that are actually registered as a hearing aid and not just a hearing amplifier. And the price was great. It was Christmas time. They had a buy one, get one. They have a thing on their site where you answer some questions and they recommend the hearing aid they think you need. The one I got is rechargeable with no batteries. They're supposed to be $600 a piece which was good enough. It's a far cry from 1,500 a piece. And because it's buy one get one, I got both of them for $600. Also, there's a guarantee on them, so you can try them out. I'm trying them out and I can't believe how well they're working. They are incredible.

I have had two chat sessions and one phone call with the customer service at MDHearingAid. I thought I had a defective unit. The chat sessions were okay. Maybe they don't have enough people manning their chat or there was a glitch in the system because both times, I got cut off before I was really done. So, the third time, I called and also emailed and got immediate responses to both. I got someone on the phone that walked me through everything with that hearing aid and showed me that it was a plug of some sort in the line. All I had to do was clean it out and everything is fine. And the email response said exactly the same thing. So, they're very good and very efficient. The only question I've got with them is maybe they need to tweak their chat system a little bit. It tends to offend people like me when you think you're talking to somebody and next thing you know it says, "Please answer the survey at the end. See yah!"

Other than that, they were as friendly as could be with me when I got them on the phone. And the product is incredible, especially for the price compared to everything else out there. So, I'm happy. I've already been telling people I know with problems that they need to check them out. There is nothing that $3,000 for a pair of hearing aids could do for you that the $600 MDHearingAid can't do for you as well. Take their questionnaire. Use it. It makes sense. You answer what problems you're having with hearing and they base their recommendation on the answers to those questions. You don't wanna get the cheap unit, and there is a very cheap unit, if it's not gonna do you any good. It would be throwing money out the window.

With my hearing aids, I can hear. Whatever show I'm watching, everything I hear was muffled and difficult to follow. I was asking my wife to tell me, "What they say? What they say? What they're saying?" to the point where she was getting ready to kill me but I put those hearing aids on and everything's great. Everything's coming through the way it should. My hearing used to be incredible. My problem is I spent 40 years testing fire alarms and it killed my hearing.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Everything is good, but I'm having some issues with my hearing. It is muffled right now. Not very clear like it was. I have some sinus issues and don't know if that's the problem. 2 weeks ago I was turning the sound of the TV down now I'm turning it up. My husband is upset because he has to repeat things if I'm busy.

We are a small company and your feedback and comments are very helpful to us.

We will be contacting you at your private email so we can investigate this issue and provide any support needed.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I lost the original one, and when I went to replace it, I just went back to the same one. The other reason is they do what they're supposed to do. And the price is fairly reasonable. It was a two for four and I couldn't turn that down. The only thing that I'm skeptical of is the batteries. They're junk and I don't use them. I can't believe how bad they are. It's not that the hearing aid won't turn on, but it skips. I took the battery out, put the Energizer in it and it's working fine again.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I got MDHearingAid for my mother and she loves it. We went to Sam’s Club and she wasn’t satisfied with the hearing aid, which was about $1,000 a piece. And so, she got to bring them home and try them out. She had like 30 days. So, it was getting close to the end of 30 days and they were making her ears sore. She wasn’t satisfied with them. So, by the time the trial ended with it, we got credited back for the hearing aid. So, we didn’t lose anything. My mother likes MDHearingAid so much better.

Everything went really smooth with the sales team. And we called them up just about a week ago and ordered some more tubes and tips. We got it really fast. My mother’s satisfied with them. She says she’s improved. It’s helped her, when she’s not wearing them, to hear. She’s really adamant about cleaning them before she put them in her ear. Now, she will take them out and put them up. But before you put them in her ears, she’s gotta clean them, the tubes and everything. She likes that she’s able to control it being in a high mode or a normal mode because one of her ears is in better shape than the other. She really likes them. I would recommend them to my brother, my sister, or whoever needs them. I’d tell them to check out MDHearingAid first. The quality of the hearing aid is impeccable. They got a lot of state of the art in there.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MDHearingAid?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

I have had hearing problems since I was 5 yrs old and a babysitter hit me and broke my left eardrum. Medical problems through the years just continued my hearing loss til 2 yrs ago I became imprisoned in isolation. I could not afford hearing aids, and yet if someone spoke to me and were not looking a me, I could not hear them. So many unheard conversations, So many comments I could not return, because I could not hear and didn't what to one more time as for it to be repeated. My room and my books became my only form of communication with the world. Thank you M.D. Hearing Aid for rescuing me from my dark tower! Your costs, because of your partnership with Affirm has given me a payment plan so I could have this opportunity to join life again. I will FOREVER be grateful for your ad on Facebook that I seen, and took the step to click on your ad!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

My new hearing aids are so comfortable, I forget they are in my ears. The blue tooth app is awesome, you set the profile up in both ears. The first time I wore them I turned the volume on the TV down 50%. The next day turned the volume down again 50%. I can hear things that I haven't in years. They are affordable, used Affirm to buy them interest free. I am completely happy!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

I have had a good experience at this time after one mo. It takes some time to adjust, it is getting even better the more I use them. I would recommend them to anyone. I can not tell that they are any less quality than the $2,000 ones I have used.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

Generally satisfied with this product. Very easy to use and my hearing has improved significantly. Only had one problem; after one days use the left aid would not work. Returned and received a replacement within days. Both work fine now.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
    Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

Sometimes, my wife can hear with the MDHearingAid and sometimes she can't. Sometimes, I don't turn them up and sometimes, I turn them up too much and they're too loud. It's the same as them being too soft because then it just destroys everything. But most of the time, they're working. MDHearingAid needs to give a better explanation about the charging like how long does its charge last. Overall, we're satisfied with what we got.

MDHearingAid expert review by Shelley Webb

MDHearingAid is a discount hearing aid provider, specializing in basic hearing aids for the budget-conscious consumer. Founded by an ear, nose and throat doctor, Sreekant Cherukuri, in Chicago, MDHearingAid seeks to create the highest-quality hearing aid at the lowest possible price. The MDHearingAid line amplifies sounds associated with the human voice and decreases sounds associated with noise.

• Value: Most top-of-the-line hearing aids from major manufacturers will cost about $4000 per pair, but MDHearingAids are advertised between 82 and 91 percent less than the cost of comparable hearing aids from major brands.

• Options: Most hearing aid companies today only manufacture digital programmable aids, which provide great sound and the latest technology but are too expensive for the average consumer. MDHearingAids is one of the only companies that still offers analog-style hearing aids, which means you can purchase a complete set for less than $200. They also offer digital and rechargeable digital hearing aids.

• Monthly financing available: If you prefer to purchase your hearing aids through installments, MDHearingAid offers a zero percent APR financing option to select customers. Your payments may be anywhere from $17 to $46 a month.

• Online shopping: Most hearing aid providers require customers to undergo a complete hearing evaluation and hearing aid fitting prior to purchase. You can purchase your MDHearingAids online and have them shipped to your home with no appointments or evaluations required. Because they are made with a one-size-fits-all in-the-canal receiver, you can wear them right out of the package.

• Satisfaction guaranteed: MDHearingAids guarantees your satisfaction. You can try the hearing aids for 45 days, and if you are not completely satisfied, you can return them for a complete refund of your purchase price.

• Best for: aging listeners and people with acquired or progressive hearing loss who want to purchase discount hearing aids online.

by Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

MDHearingAid Company Information