2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.88/5

MDHearingAid offers affordable, high-quality hearing aids at a fraction of the price of traditional hearing clinics. Founded by an Ear, Nose, and Throat Doctor in Chicago a decade ago, MDHearingAid devices are FDA-registered, programmed by an in-house audiologist, and delivered right to your door. MDHearingAid provides hearing aids that give you control over the settings, eliminating the need for repetitive appointments at a clinic. If questions arise, their U.S.-based, audiologist-trained specialists are there to support, troubleshoot, and advise. Every hearing aid comes with a 45-day risk-free trial, and 100% money-back guarantee.

MDHearingAid Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MDHearingAid?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about MDHearingAid?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

My hearing was not so bad that it was interrupting my life that much, but certain areas weren't as clear as it was before. When I heard MDHearingAid advertised on the TV, I thought I’d try it. My wife talked to the salesperson and bought the better one, which was also less expensive. The hearing aids don't stay in as good as it should and sometimes it makes my ears itch, but it works well.

We are a small company and your feedback and comments are very helpful to us.

We will be contacting you at your private email so we can investigate this issue and provide any support needed.

MDHearingAid’s mission is to help people find an affordable hearing aid solution that fits their needs.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I had an expensive hearing aid set and I accidentally dropped it and it got run over. I've got metastatic ovarian cancer and I figured that I will not be around much longer, and I hated to spend $4,000 for a new hearing aid. I like MDHearingAid's price so I use one from them and then others that I already had. It works okay for me. If I was planning on being around another 10 years, I’d probably go with the more expensive one because there’s a lot of background noise and stuff that it does help to bump it up to three. But I’m happy with it for short term, with what I’m gonna be needing.

The MDHearingAid was $499 and buy one, get one free. I had to have two different sizes and so they sent me varied ones to try. The one ear mold didn’t fit very good, and so I’ve used the smaller one and that helped. My hearing has improved because I can hear better with two instead of just one. My husband has a hearing problem too that he’s almost tone deaf, so he’s trying out some new hearing aids right now. It’s a challenge to communicate with him but MDHearingAid has helped. I don’t ask him what so much, he doesn’t have to repeat for me like when I just had one hearing aid.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

I'm on a fixed income. So, spending $3,000 on hearing aids is not an option for me. I stumbled across an ad for MDHearingAid. I did my research and found out that they are apparently the only off-brand hearing aids that are actually registered as a hearing aid and not just a hearing amplifier. And the price was great. It was Christmas time. They had a buy one, get one. They have a thing on their site where you answer some questions and they recommend the hearing aid they think you need. The one I got is rechargeable with no batteries. They're supposed to be $600 a piece which was good enough. It's a far cry from 1,500 a piece. And because it's buy one get one, I got both of them for $600. Also, there's a guarantee on them, so you can try them out. I'm trying them out and I can't believe how well they're working. They are incredible.

I have had two chat sessions and one phone call with the customer service at MDHearingAid. I thought I had a defective unit. The chat sessions were okay. Maybe they don't have enough people manning their chat or there was a glitch in the system because both times, I got cut off before I was really done. So, the third time, I called and also emailed and got immediate responses to both. I got someone on the phone that walked me through everything with that hearing aid and showed me that it was a plug of some sort in the line. All I had to do was clean it out and everything is fine. And the email response said exactly the same thing. So, they're very good and very efficient. The only question I've got with them is maybe they need to tweak their chat system a little bit. It tends to offend people like me when you think you're talking to somebody and next thing you know it says, "Please answer the survey at the end. See yah!"

Other than that, they were as friendly as could be with me when I got them on the phone. And the product is incredible, especially for the price compared to everything else out there. So, I'm happy. I've already been telling people I know with problems that they need to check them out. There is nothing that $3,000 for a pair of hearing aids could do for you that the $600 MDHearingAid can't do for you as well. Take their questionnaire. Use it. It makes sense. You answer what problems you're having with hearing and they base their recommendation on the answers to those questions. You don't wanna get the cheap unit, and there is a very cheap unit, if it's not gonna do you any good. It would be throwing money out the window.

With my hearing aids, I can hear. Whatever show I'm watching, everything I hear was muffled and difficult to follow. I was asking my wife to tell me, "What they say? What they say? What they're saying?" to the point where she was getting ready to kill me but I put those hearing aids on and everything's great. Everything's coming through the way it should. My hearing used to be incredible. My problem is I spent 40 years testing fire alarms and it killed my hearing.

MDHearingAid response

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your MDHearingAid experience.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Everything is good, but I'm having some issues with my hearing. It is muffled right now. Not very clear like it was. I have some sinus issues and don't know if that's the problem. 2 weeks ago I was turning the sound of the TV down now I'm turning it up. My husband is upset because he has to repeat things if I'm busy.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I lost the original one, and when I went to replace it, I just went back to the same one. The other reason is they do what they're supposed to do. And the price is fairly reasonable. It was a two for four and I couldn't turn that down. The only thing that I'm skeptical of is the batteries. They're junk and I don't use them. I can't believe how bad they are. It's not that the hearing aid won't turn on, but it skips. I took the battery out, put the Energizer in it and it's working fine again.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: April 29, 2020

I sent back the hearing aids because they didn’t feel right for me. But they were okay and comfortable. I even tried some different tips on them, but after a while, I kept them off more than I had them on. Then I thought, I’m not gonna buy hearing aids if I’m not gonna wear them all the time. I had tried a pair before MDHearingAid. It had a Bluetooth effect and they were really nice. I liked them but they were way expensive. So I didn’t go with them either. I have a little bit of a hearing loss, but it’s not that bad. I need a hearing aid but I’m not gonna wear them until I really know I have to absolutely wear them to hear.

Original review: April 27, 2020

The hearing aids work good. MDHearingsAids call it the VOLT, which is the rechargeable stuff. I had some others and I finally just quit using them. I thought my hearing was getting bad enough that I wasn't having something strong enough, but these ones are on a fairly low setting and they're doing fine. I'm very impressed with them. The earpieces that came with them fit wonderfully. They're better than I imagined.

Original review: April 26, 2020

The MDHearingAid gentleman I talked to explained everything to me and told me to give him a call if I had any problems. I could afford to buy MDHearingAid, which was mostly why I got it. I was also satisfied that I had the opportunity to buy it and if I didn’t like it, I could send it back. It's comfortable when you put it in and doesn't bother you. I like it better than the ones that the doctors put in my ears.

I could hear people, but I couldn’t understand what they were saying. If I have the hearing aid in, I can hear everything that there is. But I don’t wear it very much anymore because I hear too much. It’s hard to get it adjusted to where you can get relaxed with it. I can hardly hear anything out of my right ear. But if I have a hearing aid in my left ear, I hear everything that’s behind me and everything that’s in front of me. However, I hear it all at the same time and if I turn it down, I can hardly hear anything behind me. Otherwise, it works pretty well as long as nobody else is talking.

Original review: April 21, 2020

I couldn’t hear too good and called MDHearingAid to try them out. I have to keep changing the hearing aid to the right sound. When I go to church and the music gets higher, I turn them down a little bit. Sometimes when I pull to take the hearing aids out, the end of the little tube that goes to my ear stays in my ear.

Original review: April 20, 2020

MDHearingAid seemed to be the best deal. When I was out and about and wearing the hearing aid, it made a world of difference. When people talk low, I can hear them now and the background noise isn't like it used to be. It’s hard to get them to fit on right to get them comfortable. Some of the other companies had different-sized earplugs and MDHearingAids didn't. That could’ve made a big difference. Other than that, they work good for me and it has been an all-the-way good experience. If I'd have any problems, they followed up which I was very pleased with.

MDHearingAid author review by Shelley Webb

With four basic hearing aids and prices starting at just $199, MDHearingAid offers low-cost options to people with hearing loss. Financing is available online through Affirm. However, these hearing aids only serve people with mild to moderately severe hearing loss.

• Products: Four models are available, including the Pro, Air, Volt and Core. Each model has a receiver-in-canal style with a simple design.

• Features: The Volt is a rechargeable hearing aid, and the Core is customizable to let users adjust sound settings on their smartphones as they go. Feedback cancellation and dual directional microphones are available with more expensive models, as well.

• Trial and warranty: All MDHearingAid devices come with a 45-day trial and a 90-day warranty that covers defective materials and workmanship. Customers can buy a one-year protection plan for $99.99.

• Locations: MDHearingAid does not have any physical locations; it lets customers purchase hearing aids online without a hearing test.

by Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

MDHearingAid Company Information