Costco Hearing Aid Center

Need a good hearing aid?

Costco Hearing Aids

Need a good hearing aid?

Costco Hearing Aid Center Reviews

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

This is third set of hearing aids I have acquired from Costco. First set failed after 5.5 years and Costco had stopped supporting that model. Second set I was negligent and our dog chewed, but didn't swallow both aids. Today I acquired a new pair of Costco Signature 9 aids I believe made for Costco Phonak. So far I am thrilled. Have not asked my Wife all day to repeat a phrase or sentence even when she was facing away from me. The app on my iPhone is working well and the TV Connect unit was very easy to set up. The aids have not given me any feedback and background noises are tolerable. All in all I am very impressed.

Original review: July 27, 2019

Going to Costco in Tulsa, OK. for my first hearing exam there on July 15th, I received an unexpected surprise. I was the first to try and subsequently purchase the Kirkland 9.0 hearing aids. I was replacing a pair of Resounds that were eight years old and lacking in today's technology. Anyway, two weeks into wearing my Kirkland’s I could not be more impressed. Speech is extremely clearer as well as outside music.

One of the things I like most is the Bluetooth works flawlessly and doesn’t jockey for first place with one’s car system for example. Also, there is ZERO feedback at all times, even when putting them in or wearing headphones. I was a bit skeptical leaving my audiologist for a less certified technician at Costco. However thanks to today’s artificial intelligence and Costco’s attention to detail I was very pleased. My antique resounds cost $4800 eight years ago. To replace them at the same audiologist today would cost upwards of $8000 and would be the same except they would probably include wireless charging, which the Kirkland’s do not have. They are an EXTREME value extreme for $1500 a pair!

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Review of the Rexton Adore Hearing Aids from Costco – April 2019 - I wore Oticon behind the ear hearing aids for 5 years and was happy with the product. However, it was time for an upgrade and I visited the Downtown Vancouver Costco Hearing Aid Centre, as Costco has the largest number of hearing aid centres in North America and their prices are very competitive. They a distributor of major brands of hearing aids. That made it appealing.

Testing at Costco - The staff was friendly, helpful and the hearing assessment I received was very impressive. They performed several tests in the soundproof both, including at what loudness levels I can hear speech. At the end of the assessment I discussed with the Audiologist what was important when choosing a product. I want to hear well, enjoy the latest hearing technological developments, have lithium batteries and have Made for iPhone hearing aids. The Audiologist recommended the Rexton Adore behind the ear hearing Aids to meet my needs and wants. Rexton makes the Kirkland Signature 8 hearing aids and customers are happy with these products. Rexton only makes the Adore product for Costco and I paid C$3400 for them.

Rexton Adore Hearing Aids - Once ordered they took 2 weeks to arrive. The fitting process ensured the hearing aids prescription were correct, and I learnt how the hearing aids worked and how to charge the built in lithium batteries. The charging cradle was amazing, there are no contact points on the hearing aids, so all you need to do is to slide the hearing aids in the cradle and it charges. I also received a size 10 silicon earbuds, which was larger than the size 8 I used before.

Experience after 2 months - All I can say is these are amazing hearing aids. The clarity of hearing is something I have not experienced in for many years. I can hear sounds which I could not hear before. At night when I take out my hearing aids, there is a noticeable difference when I am not wearing them. Hearing better has made this investment worth every cent. I had to get use to the larger silicon earbuds. For the first week my ear canal were very itchy, however I got use to them and they work well for me. The charging cradle works like a dream. I slide my hearing aids in every night and in the morning they fully charged. The lithium batteries last the whole day and when I slide them in the cradle, they still have two-thirds of the charge left. Nice to think I do not have to fiddle with changing batteries every week.

The Made for iPhone Bluetooth is not as good quality as the Bluetooth quality from a streamer. There are times the signal disappears. Fortunately, I read about this before getting the Made for iPhone functionality. It prepared me and I did not expect too much. I am getting use to the quality of sound and the intermittent disruptions when streaming music or phone calls. When making phone calls, the phone streams the calls to my hearing aids, however I have to use the microphone on my iPhone to speak. Hopefully, one day Made for iPhone will accommodate speech streaming from the hearing aids.

They use the Connect App on the iPhone to monitor the decibel levels I am exposed to throughout the day. The app has a few programs and they have limited functionality for my behind the ear hearing aids. The automatic functionality meets my needs. In Conclusion - I am thrilled with my Rexton Adore Hearing Aids and they were a great investment. The price I paid for improved hearing, was worth every cent.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I have had hearing for the last 40 years. A recent test (which was very detailed) showed that I have only 45% of normal hearing left in both ears. My mom and grandmother were very hard of hearing and they were never around noisy locations or equipment. I have been using Costco Kirkland hearing aids for about 15 years now. My hearing is deteriorating faster now. I called Costco at 19001 N. 27th Ave in Phoenix, AZ to have my aids adjusted. ** the Hearing Specialist did a VERY detailed test. She recommended installing a special high output microphone in my ear canal. Before the adjustment I would have to be within arms reach to hear most people and even then I would have to cup my hands behind my ears to hear some people, especially women and children.

Even with my aids on I could not hear all the noise that people with normal hearing hear all day lone i.e. ceiling fans humming, shopping cart banging, people talking only a few away, the turn signal going click, click, or the rattle of my diesel engine, the hum of small electric motors. I HEAR all of that noise now, but not the high frequencies sounds. they are totally gone. She explained that it will take time for my brain to learn to disregard most of the sounds and only focus on the important sounds. I can hear friends talking So much better. I can hear again, I can hear again and so happy with Costco and Eunice all for the expert help. Oh, and by the way my aids were still under warranty and there was no charge for this Huge improvement in my life.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I have been wearing the Kirkland 5.0 for four years now. These were my first aids and really made a difference in my everyday life. I was amazed at the sounds I was missing. I added the Bluetooth receiver so I could send phone calls and streaming music to the aids. I have great personnel at my Costco in Milford, Connecticut. I had to replace two of them under warranty which was always a quick turnaround. Drop them off and then get a call three days later that it's ready for pickup. After my warranty was up they suggested to purchase an extended warranty for $125.00 for a year. That decision proved positive as the amp on one failed in April of this year and was replaced and the other side amp failed last week and was replaced in two days. Each replacement is brand new.

I now am going in for a hearing test and then an upgrade to the 8.0 model. Looking forward to the improved model and especially looking forward to connectivity to my iPhone X without additional headware. I have partial coverage thru my health plan so I am paying for one aid. I highly recommend these aids especially for the price and the great service I receive at the Milford, Connecticut Costco.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco Hearing Aids Center?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

Bluetooth will not connect on hearing aids. Problem With these Kirkland hearing aids fs9 they do not connect with the iPhone 11. Contacted Phonak and Costco, nobody seems to be able to help and Apple says it is a manufacturer problem. They say it is a Apple problem.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

Went to Costco on Friday, 10/4/19 to have the volume turned up and was given an older woman who didn't even ask me why I was there. She took my hearing aid and told me that since it was 6 or 7 years old that it was no good anymore and wanted to sell me a new improved set. I said that I didn't want a new set and I wanted new buds put on my old one, which she actually did put new ones on but she wanted to keep the one that she said was broken. I got the impression that she only wanted me to get new ones. I left there and went home and realized that that particular hearing aid was not broken but actually works. Needless to say that I will not go back to Costco again, I am an old man and I don't want to buy new and improved when I don't need them.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

My first experience with a Costco Hearing Center was horrible. Arrogant person would ignore my questions and complaints and insisted that the bad performance of the product was my fault. Turned out to be defective hearing aid. I returned the hearing aids since it was the return 180-day period. Later I went to a different Costco Hearing Center and it was like a different world. They listened to me about the issues I had had. They explained things in great detail, and were responsive to my needs in getting things done right. In the process of coming in several times to make small changes, so I could more easily adapt to the hearing aids. They changed receiver lengths and domes several times until they were most comfortable and fit best. Ended up with each side having different lengths and dome sizes.

If you have a bad experience with a Costco Center, call the regional office and report it. They will fix it. The 3 star rating reflects the average of an initial 1-star performance followed by a 5-star one. My only general complaint with Costco is that the Hearing Centers seem to not have enough staff, so sometimes it takes a while to get an appointment which they want to have you make for virtually anything. I have found though, that for minor issues, like changing receivers and domes, and even cleaning, you can just drop in and they usually do things while you shop the rest of the store.

Original review: June 20, 2019

6/19/2019. COSTCO HEARING AIDS DEPARTMENT. We have been long-time Costco customers and have enjoyed shopping there for years. We are shopping for hearing aids and decided to look at Costco first. The Costco Hearing Aids Department is distinct from other Costco Shopping experiences. From the interaction with the front desk employee the qualification of a buyer to actually be planning on buying hearing aids begins while she described the highest end available units from KIRKLAND Brand first, reminiscent of shopping for a car at a dealer where the sales people are commission driven, not service driven.

The Kirkland Brand described was over $5000 a pair and the other brands were less but close to $3000 a pair. While online Costco advertises Kirkland Brand being available for $1599 a pair, and others being $1249 and up. The saleswoman said that Costco advertises the price of one hearing aid and that the prices for two are twice as much. I said that is disappointing and seems deceptive and she responded that she was not going to argue over Costco's advertising decisions with me. So we left. In re-checking the online Costco website, Costco advertises the Kirkland Brand for $1599 for a pair.

Original review: April 20, 2019

Great service great product Kirkland. I needed a hearing aid. The test was done very well. The fitting of my hearing aid was done very well. The fitting was done very well. The functions of my hearing aid were explained. Great warranty.

Costco Hearing Aids Center expert review by Shelley Webb

Costco is a multinational chain of membership-based wholesale stores with locations throughout the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Mexico, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan and Spain. Costco Hearing Aid Center is a division of Costco, available in select locations. Costco Hearing Aid Center offers hearing tests, checkups and hearing aids for purchase.

• No-obligation hearing tests: Costco Hearing Aid Center administers hearing tests to customers to determine whether they would benefit from hearing aids. There is no obligation to buy, regardless of the results of your hearing test.

• Free product demonstrations: Representatives at Costco Hearing Aid Center demonstrate products for customers for free so they can see how they work and if they are interested in purchasing them.

• Additional perks: Every customer who purchases a hearing aid from Costco gets 10 free hearing aid batteries, free follow up appointments and troubleshooting, free hearing aid cleanings and checkups, free loss and damage coverage and product warranties.

• Value pricing: Customers who shop at Costco Hearing Aids receive cheaper, wholesale prices for their hearing aids. Not only that, but Costco has partnered with Siemens to create their own line of Kirkland Signature Premium digital hearing aids for around $1700 a pair, thousands of dollars cheaper than other options.

• Bluetooth compatibility: Costco offers hearing aid solutions from many manufacturers, most of whom offer wireless accessories like remote controls, cell phone apps and clip-on microphones all powered by Bluetooth wireless technology.

• Best for: Costco members who have progressive or acquired hearing loss.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
      Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Costco Hearing Aid Center Company Information