2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids

Costco Hearing Aids

Costco Hearing Aid Center
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.98/5

Costco Hearing Aid Centers are located across the country and offer hearing tests, fittings and maintenance from five manufacturers, including its own Kirkland brand. Customers can choose between basic hearing aids and high-end, feature-rich hearing aids. Costco’s prices are among the lowest in the industry, and it offers a 180-day return policy for all hearing aids.

BOTTOM LINE

Costco Hearing Aid Centers offer low prices on a variety of hearing aids. Costco also offers helpful services for free, including testing, fitting, follow-up appointments and maintenance.

PROS

• Bluetooth-compatible
  • 180-day return policy
  • Free testing and fitting
  • Warranties on all hearing aids

CONS

• Must be a Costco member
  • No payment plans

Top Costco Hearing Aid Center Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco Hearing Aids Center?

I have had hearing aids for ten years using three pairs before Costco's... These Kirkland for $1600 are great. I can hear my wife, the TV, and conversations. Before, I could hear volume, but did not understand the words. Even better is the Bluetooth connection to the TV.

We went to the Costco hearing aid center... The staff was professional, courteous, very knowledgeable and honest. I did a lot research about hearing aids and can confidently say that Costco provided a high quality hearing aid at the best price with the best warranty and excellent service.

About Costco Hearing Aid Center

Costco has more than 540 stores in the United States, and many of these locations have hearing aid centers. The company sells low-priced hearing aids for people of any age who have mild, moderate, severe or profound hearing loss. Costco also provides free hearing tests, fittings, loss and damage coverage, maintenance and repair. The company stocks a variety of hearing aid accessories, including transmitters and microphones.

Costco hearing aids brands

Costco sells hearing aids from Philips, ReSound, Phonak and Rexton along with its Kirkland brand. These brands offer a wide variety of hearing aids, including open-fit and completely-in-the-canal devices.

Costco’s hearing aids come with features like noise reduction technology and Bluetooth compatibility that allows your hearing aids to double as headphones. All Costco hearing aids connect to smartphone apps and accessories.

Costco hearing aid prices

The average cost of Costco hearing aids ranges from $1,499 per pair on the low end to $2,999 per pair on the high end. Prices vary depending on the features, technology and type of hearing aid you choose. For example, in-canal hearing aid models may cost $2,999 or more per pair because they require custom molds. Hearing aids with Bluetooth capabilities also cost a few hundred dollars more.

Costco hearing aid brandsCost
    Kirkland Signature 9.0$1,499 per pair
    Philips HearLink$2,499 per pair
    ReSound Vida$2,499 per pair
    Rexton Adore$2,499 to $2,999 per pair

Costco doesn’t offer financing options. Sales and discounts on hearing aids at Costco are also rare.

How to buy hearing aids at Costco

To buy hearing aids from Costco, first make sure your membership is up to date, then book an appointment for a free hearing test. If you’re shopping in a store, you may be able to get tested without an appointment.

A hearing aid professional determines the extent of your hearing loss by doing a series of tests. After testing, the professional fits you for your hearing aids by selecting devices that match your type of hearing loss, the shape of your ear and your lifestyle.

You can choose to buy hearing aids right then or take some time to research the different brands and types that Costco sells. It typically takes Costco two weeks to ship your hearing aids after you order. You can return hearing aids bought at Costco within the 180-day trial period for a full refund.

Costco hearing aids FAQ

What is Costco’s return policy for hearing aids?
    Costco has a 180-day full-refund return policy for hearing aids.
    Does Costco sell hearing amplifiers?
    Costco does not sell hearing amplifiers. Hearing amplifiers boost all sounds around you and are intended for people without hearing loss. Hearing amplifiers are not hearing aids and should not be used by people who are hearing-impaired.
    Does Costco offer a trial period for hearing aids?
    Costco has a 180-day money-back guarantee return policy on its hearing aids, so you can use that time to decide whether you like your hearing aids risk-free.
    How long do Costco Hearing Aids last?
    Costco hearing aids last anywhere from five to eight years. Costco's Kirkland hearing aid batteries last between four and eight days, depending on how long you wear your hearing aid each day.

Are Costco hearing aids good?

Yes, Costco is a good choice for many people shopping for hearing aids. Costco carries premium hearing aids from four of the top brands in the industry, as well as its own Kirkland brand of hearing aids. Costco hearing professionals are there for you during the entire process, from initial testing to follow-up appointments for maintenance and cleaning. Costco hearing aids are best for anyone who wants to buy hearing aids at an affordable price and have all their hearing needs taken care of in one place. Unfortunately, you must be a Costco member to take advantage of these low prices.

Costco Hearing Aid Center Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco Hearing Aid Center?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco Hearing Aids Center?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

The people at the Costco hearing center are quite helpful in helping you get adjusted to the hearing aids. However in my case, it required several visits before the sound quality was good. I find the aids a bit uncomfortable to wear and with the mask situation now, almost impossible. Every time I remove the mask, the unit falls out. Costco is very good about cleaning the aids and I try to do so each time I am in a Costco store, wherever it is.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

While the Costco Hearing center customer service is phenomenal, their Kirkland brand hearing aids are not. I have worn hearing aids for approx. 20 years; with a condition of substantial hearing loss. I’ve had aids of 2 different brands prior to receiving the Kirkland (Rexton) bluetooth/ rechargeable hearing aids. I have had these aids for almost two years. While I enjoy the capability of streaming directly into my ears, the streaming is not continuous. It often cuts out, playing in one ear only, switching ears, or cutting out completely in both ears. I’ve taken them in for adjustments, and the staff has been very courteous and patient.

My next trip to Costco, I will be leaving the aids with them to send in to the company. I initially, I had ordered the battery-powered aids, which were completely covered by our insurance. I found myself replacing batteries daily. I exchanged them for the rechargeable model—for which I paid an additional out-of-pocket expense. I find myself wearing these now only during Zoom mtgs, phone calls from our car, audio books while hubby watches football, and tv news—all of which I stream directly to my ears. For general all-round hearing, I wear my old hearing aids (Phonak, purchased through a major hospital healthcare system; and at a substantially higher cost).

Costco Kirkland (Rexton brand) hearing aids just do not provide the clarity I get from my older aids. I’ve been back to Costco for adjustments, with no satisfactory result. I will say—and I’m assuming it is spoken in desperation—that I’ve been told my ears are not compatible for hearing aids...so what am I to do about that???? Even with the fancy menu of hearing options: automatic, complete with directional microphone; listening to music; outdoors; playing music; television; etc...these aids do not effectively deliver ( and the ‘music options’ are horrible—music sounds tinny. I actually use this option while in the car; as it seems to amplify a bit better than other options...but then the road noise is louder as well—just cannot win).

While streaming, the rechargeable aids are only good until about noon; at which point I place them back on the charging unit until the evening news. I just cannot recommend these hearing aids. I may add, it's also frustrating to those around me when I constantly respond with “what?” while wearing them (many times hearing a disgusting response like “I thought you had hearing aids”). I went with Costco this time, due to ratings in Consumer Reports.

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

The Costco experience was so easy to get tested, ordered, and fitted for my hearing aid. I probably qualify to get hearing aids through a VA hospital, but after reading about how Costco was so highly rated in a leading Consumer Magazine, I elected not to go through the VA, thinking Costco would have the latest and greatest hearing aid products. I'm very happy with my "ears" now.

Original review: March 14, 2020

I just got my first set...I'm a brand new wear'er' of hearing aids. It took me for a loop when I attended a live music event and left the venue only to suffer hearing damage and loss of frequency. I ran to several ear specialists and lots of tests and got fitted for the Kirkland 9.0's as they seemed to be a good option and the price was right. I did purchase a OTC BTE device on Amazon and found that I certainly needed some help. Likely had some hearing deficits for years, but the "event" was the straw that broke the camels back. I decided on Costco for the price. I figured since my insurance didn't cover, I was going to be fine with the Kirklands. I did a lot of research and was tempted by some of the ads for the Livio and all the bells and whistles, but the Kirklands were just right.

My experience at Costco was great. The gal was friendly and knowledgeable about the products. She did suggest a different style for me, but it was double the price and, honestly, I did not need all the extras. I like the Bluetooth option and the size of the ear bud. I'm vain...I don't want anyone to see the aids. I wanted to hear better but not be obviously dependent on checking my phone for various settings. I'm retired and love to play golf. My life is pretty simple...love my grand kids and enjoy tv. Simple! The Kirklands are great. I am getting use to them. I have the smallest ear canals, so they are a bit sore and I cut the long plastic thread off one because it was so itchy and uncomfortable. Now that particular wire is popping out a bit. When I return for my follow up, I'll probably have her replace.

We are in the middle of the Corona Virus quarantine and I live in the Seattle area, so Lord knows if I'm going to be able to make my follow up. Costco was a ghost town when I picked them up. I'm still getting use to them. I'm thinking of getting a tv connector. I did not do that initially, but my husband doesn't like me watching tv when he wants to sleep, so this would be great. I like the phone feature, though most of my communications are via text messaging. Talking on the phone is a lost art!

I got the beige, flesh tones. I have blonde hair, and they are almost invisible. I do like to pull my hair up and wear a pony tail. I don't know if that style is in my future, but I'll see how things go. Right now, with the virus, no one is getting out, so I'll have lots of time to get use to wearing them "inside". Sound is a bit tinny but that's because I"m not use to hearing aids, in general. I also have lots of background noise that I hate...the claws on my puppies paws that clank on the hard wood floors, my husband cough (not Corona...just a cough from his meds), unexpected noises that I likely have not heard for a bit...but, my brain will get use to them in time.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

My wife and I tried to use our United Healthcare insurance plan for hearing aids. The insurance program proved to be expensive and low quality after two appointments with United Healthcare providers. We then met with an independent provider who was good but very expensive. I then decided to see what Costco had to offer. That proved to be an excellent decision.

We went to the Costco hearing aid center in Nampa, Idaho and were very happy with the experience. The staff was professional, courteous, very knowledgeable and honest. I did a lot research about hearing aids and can confidently say that Costco provided a high quality hearing aid at the best price with the best warranty and excellent service.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

3 pair of Siemens hearing aid in past (2 from Costo) & all were great. Costo sold me my 4 pr which were Resound & had nothing but trouble in last yr. Technicians at Torrance Ca. Store are great but their support leaves something to be desired. Will be going back to hearing aid only business in future.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

Service is impressive and, unlike some other hearing aid companies I have dealt with, continues after the devices are purchased. The number of sites available across the country for service outshines any other hearing aid company and it has the benefit of being in a one stop shopping location.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I read the reviews of their hearing aids. Didn’t go with the cheap versions. I went with the rechargeable ones. And the only difference was that people’s voices echoed more loudly than prior. But I could really hear the person talking any better with them. Sadly they didn’t help.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

COSTCO hearing centers are Very convenient and friendly with free testing & service. The centers are found in most COSTCO stores which helps with access to hearing services even when traveling. They have skilled technicians, excellent product selection, Easy access, excellent warrantees and very Competitive pricing!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

The Costco staff were Knowledgeable staff, offering private consultation - free hearing testing, variety of quality brand name products as well as Kirkland brand, great pricing and service as well as good warranty and buyer protection for breakage and even lost aids.

Costco Hearing Aids Center author review by Shelley Webb

Costco Hearing Aid Centers sell hearing aids from five brands, including the in-house brand, Kirkland. Hearing aids are available for customers with mild to profound hearing loss. Financing options are not available, but hearing aids purchased through Costco are usually cheaper than competitors’ models.

• Products: This company sells hearing aids by ReSound, Phonak, Rexton, Philips and its own Kirkland brand. Within these brands, customers can choose between open-fit, behind-the-ear, in-the-ear, completely-in-canal and canal configurations. Accessories are also available, including batteries, remote controls, TV-sound transmitting units and portable microphones.

• Features: This retailer can provide any features that its five brands make available in their designs. Some hearing aids are Bluetooth-capable and connect to smartphones and accessories.

• Trial and warranty: Customers can return any hearing aids bought from Costco for a full refund within 180 days of purchase.

• Locations: Not all Costco stores have a Hearing Aid Center, but many do. To find one near you, check Costco’s store locator.

by Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Costco Hearing Aid Center Company Information