Costco Hearing Aid Center

Need a good hearing aid?

Costco Hearing Aids

Need a good hearing aid?

52 Costco Hearing Aid Center Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 13, 2019

Review of the Rexton Adore Hearing Aids from Costco – April 2019 - I wore Oticon behind the ear hearing aids for 5 years and was happy with the product. However, it was time for an upgrade and I visited the Downtown Vancouver Costco Hearing Aid Centre, as Costco has the largest number of hearing aid centres in North America and their prices are very competitive. They a distributor of major brands of hearing aids. That made it appealing.

Testing at Costco - The staff was friendly, helpful and the hearing assessment I received was very impressive. They performed several tests in the soundproof both, including at what loudness levels I can hear speech. At the end of the assessment I discussed with the Audiologist what was important when choosing a product. I want to hear well, enjoy the latest hearing technological developments, have lithium batteries and have Made for iPhone hearing aids. The Audiologist recommended the Rexton Adore behind the ear hearing Aids to meet my needs and wants. Rexton makes the Kirkland Signature 8 hearing aids and customers are happy with these products. Rexton only makes the Adore product for Costco and I paid C$3400 for them.

Rexton Adore Hearing Aids - Once ordered they took 2 weeks to arrive. The fitting process ensured the hearing aids prescription were correct, and I learnt how the hearing aids worked and how to charge the built in lithium batteries. The charging cradle was amazing, there are no contact points on the hearing aids, so all you need to do is to slide the hearing aids in the cradle and it charges. I also received a size 10 silicon earbuds, which was larger than the size 8 I used before.

Experience after 2 months - All I can say is these are amazing hearing aids. The clarity of hearing is something I have not experienced in for many years. I can hear sounds which I could not hear before. At night when I take out my hearing aids, there is a noticeable difference when I am not wearing them. Hearing better has made this investment worth every cent. I had to get use to the larger silicon earbuds. For the first week my ear canal were very itchy, however I got use to them and they work well for me. The charging cradle works like a dream. I slide my hearing aids in every night and in the morning they fully charged. The lithium batteries last the whole day and when I slide them in the cradle, they still have two-thirds of the charge left. Nice to think I do not have to fiddle with changing batteries every week.

The Made for iPhone Bluetooth is not as good quality as the Bluetooth quality from a streamer. There are times the signal disappears. Fortunately, I read about this before getting the Made for iPhone functionality. It prepared me and I did not expect too much. I am getting use to the quality of sound and the intermittent disruptions when streaming music or phone calls. When making phone calls, the phone streams the calls to my hearing aids, however I have to use the microphone on my iPhone to speak. Hopefully, one day Made for iPhone will accommodate speech streaming from the hearing aids.

They use the Connect App on the iPhone to monitor the decibel levels I am exposed to throughout the day. The app has a few programs and they have limited functionality for my behind the ear hearing aids. The automatic functionality meets my needs. In Conclusion - I am thrilled with my Rexton Adore Hearing Aids and they were a great investment. The price I paid for improved hearing, was worth every cent.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I went to Costco at Haggerty Rd on Livonia MI. The new Phonak Brio 3 is an excellent product for my needs. The hearing instrument specialist James ** did a thorough job with my evaluation and explaining the maintenance of the aids. I was pleased.

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I have had hearing for the last 40 years. A recent test (which was very detailed) showed that I have only 45% of normal hearing left in both ears. My mom and grandmother were very hard of hearing and they were never around noisy locations or equipment. I have been using Costco Kirkland hearing aids for about 15 years now. My hearing is deteriorating faster now. I called Costco at 19001 N. 27th Ave in Phoenix, AZ to have my aids adjusted. ** the Hearing Specialist did a VERY detailed test. She recommended installing a special high output microphone in my ear canal. Before the adjustment I would have to be within arms reach to hear most people and even then I would have to cup my hands behind my ears to hear some people, especially women and children.

Even with my aids on I could not hear all the noise that people with normal hearing hear all day lone i.e. ceiling fans humming, shopping cart banging, people talking only a few away, the turn signal going click, click, or the rattle of my diesel engine, the hum of small electric motors. I HEAR all of that noise now, but not the high frequencies sounds. they are totally gone. She explained that it will take time for my brain to learn to disregard most of the sounds and only focus on the important sounds. I can hear friends talking So much better. I can hear again, I can hear again and so happy with Costco and Eunice all for the expert help. Oh, and by the way my aids were still under warranty and there was no charge for this Huge improvement in my life.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I have been wearing the Kirkland 5.0 for four years now. These were my first aids and really made a difference in my everyday life. I was amazed at the sounds I was missing. I added the Bluetooth receiver so I could send phone calls and streaming music to the aids. I have great personnel at my Costco in Milford, Connecticut. I had to replace two of them under warranty which was always a quick turnaround. Drop them off and then get a call three days later that it's ready for pickup. After my warranty was up they suggested to purchase an extended warranty for $125.00 for a year. That decision proved positive as the amp on one failed in April of this year and was replaced and the other side amp failed last week and was replaced in two days. Each replacement is brand new.

I now am going in for a hearing test and then an upgrade to the 8.0 model. Looking forward to the improved model and especially looking forward to connectivity to my iPhone X without additional headware. I have partial coverage thru my health plan so I am paying for one aid. I highly recommend these aids especially for the price and the great service I receive at the Milford, Connecticut Costco.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Recently I made a appointment to have a hearing test and a fitting for hearing aids. I was in shock after a 30 minute hearing test and evaluation being quoted $7000.00 by a local hearing aid salesman. The aids were Starkey iQ2000 series. This was within $1200.00 of what another hearing aid salesman quoted for a set of Siemens. By comparison I spent nearly 90 minutes at Costco getting the most thorough ear evaluation and hearing test I have ever had!! I have owned 5 pairs of hearing aid all Unitrons so this is not my first experience. It was far and away the best.

Cathy ** did all the tests and agreed the Rexton KS 8.0 would be a fine choice. With help from Mike ** my new aids were fitted properly and programmed using techniques and some equipment I have never seen before. The time spent and way this was done was truly exceptional at every step of the way. The aids have so far performed far and way better than anything I have tried or owned to date.

I am set up for a return for a follow up to make sure I am happy and make any adjustments I think necessary. So far I am hard pressed to think of anything except a minor bump in volume in my right aid but maybe not. It's that close to being perfect in all situations I have been in so far. Did I mention I have no feedback under any circumstances. I will have them help me pair my new smartphone to the aids and that may well be it. I got literature on all the brands of aids they sell and will highly recommend this Costco. All this cost me $1600.00 + $60.00 for a membership. What more can I say except a 6 month return for a complete refund if I am not happy plus a 3 year warranty and 2 year free loss replacement. Hard to believe but true.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco Hearing Aids Center?

Original review: June 20, 2019

6/19/2019. COSTCO HEARING AIDS DEPARTMENT. We have been long-time Costco customers and have enjoyed shopping there for years. We are shopping for hearing aids and decided to look at Costco first. The Costco Hearing Aids Department is distinct from other Costco Shopping experiences. From the interaction with the front desk employee the qualification of a buyer to actually be planning on buying hearing aids begins while she described the highest end available units from KIRKLAND Brand first, reminiscent of shopping for a car at a dealer where the sales people are commission driven, not service driven.

The Kirkland Brand described was over $5000 a pair and the other brands were less but close to $3000 a pair. While online Costco advertises Kirkland Brand being available for $1599 a pair, and others being $1249 and up. The saleswoman said that Costco advertises the price of one hearing aid and that the prices for two are twice as much. I said that is disappointing and seems deceptive and she responded that she was not going to argue over Costco's advertising decisions with me. So we left. In re-checking the online Costco website, Costco advertises the Kirkland Brand for $1599 for a pair.

Original review: April 20, 2019

Great service great product Kirkland. I needed a hearing aid. The test was done very well. The fitting of my hearing aid was done very well. The fitting was done very well. The functions of my hearing aid were explained. Great warranty.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I bought a set of Bernafon hearing aids at the Costco on Quincy street in Denver. When I was fitted I found the tones to sound very tinny and noisy. I was told that I would get used to them. I found that they did a very poor job of canceling out noise and I still could not hear that well. I went back four times over a period of three months, each time having to wait two or three weeks for an appointment. The hearing specialist doing the adjustment was not able to get them adjusted to my satisfaction and didn't seem to care.

When I complained I was told that maybe I should return them, which is finally what I did. I found neither the product or the service satisfactory even though the price was cheaper than most other hearing centers and came to the conclusion that you get what you pay for. If you have a problem having to wait three weeks for an appointment is ridiculous. I bought a set of Widex evoke hearing aids at a local center and love them. They were twice as much as at Costco but they were right from the first day. I had a minor adjustment after two weeks and got an appointment the next day. I think that the extra money was worth every penny and I appreciated being treated like a respected customer.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I went for hearing aids that had a charger, the dome was an easy switch, old to new. There is not a charger for these adding to the expense of cost for replacement and leaving me with a tough activity, changing the batteries way too often, for my old hands. I am still working at changing the dome, I was not shown how to change it. Going in the store is not easy for me and they want to have me in for cleaning. I need to do it myself.

The convince is gone at a time of life when I need to have simpler. Because I needed new aids I was happy to have a clearer sound and able to hear better. I have been looking into other aids at a different store and starting to think I might be able to find better. Btw, my experience at San Luis Obispo was ok while I was getting tested but dealing with the front area people not so nice. Intimidating a bit and bossy. I had the impression they were too busy to relate to my problems. They talked about cost, I want a good product that is easy to maintain.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Tried Costco hearing aids 8 years ago and returned them after a month and got rude treatment at that time in San Luis Obispo, CA. In November 2018 after a trusted friend said she liked hers I went back. Three months later and 4 visits to try to make them work (did not make any difference hearing wife or TV) I called to say I wanted to return them. Was told I had to make an appointment for the sound booth, which to me was a ploy to get me back in with a dispenser to convince me to keep them. Was even told I had signed a contract with that stipulation. That was a flat-out lie and I spoke with a store manager to say I was returning them and would not even walk back to the hearing aid department to do so.

To me that is a tactic to bully older people to get past the point of no return - literally - so they are stuck with hearing aids that don't work for them. They always keep mentioning that they are $3,000 less than elsewhere. What I know fortunately having a marketing degree is that price is not the most important consideration in a consumer's decision to buy, value is and if a product doesn't meet your needs it doesn't matter how cheap it is.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I called the Costco Wharton NJ Hearing Aid center to schedule an appointment. The individual acted as though they were doing me a favor. Instead of sharing how far out appts were available at the beginning of the call, all of my identifying information was requested up front. I spelled my street name six times and after the representative finally got it correct they said to me “hmm that’s an interesting street name isn’t it." I don’t think so which leads me to believe it still wasn’t taken down correctly. I was then asked when what I’d like to come in and what days of the week were better for me. I said, "Let me look at my work calendar and you tell me your first available appointment and I’ll see if I can move something around as I’d like to come in as soon as I can."

They then proceeded to tell me “sorry we don’t have anything until sometime in March”, ummm we are now in January. This is something that should be shared with the customer at the initial part of a conversation, don’t waste my time. The most rude insensitive individual I have spoken to on the phone in a very long time. You need to re-staff. Onward and upward.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I had a very thorough hearing test and was pleased with that. Told I needed the Phonak brio for my high frequency hearing loss. I went back a number of times for adjustments and yet I couldn't hear well. My husband kept asking if I was wearing the hearing aids because I asked him to repeat things so many times. Both ladies at the Wayne Costco in NJ were polite, but insisted it was my hearing loss that was the problem and not the hearing aid. I was told I had to look directly at the person speaking and they had to look at me in order for me to understand speech.

I don't need hearing aids when I am directly in front of the person speaking, I need them when they are beside me or behind me. I finally returned them without any trouble. However, it was not suggested that maybe another hearing aid would have worked better. There were no other options that were available. I went home and put my old hearing aids back in and could hear fine. I wanted new ones because mine were 5 years old, ugly pink ones that go into the ear and used batteries rather than being rechargeable.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

If you purchase Phonak Brio Hearing aids you will NOT be able to have them programmed by a Dr of Audiology outside the Costco system. I do not think Costco employs Dr of Audiology as they would be much more costly than the hearing Aid Dispensers they do hire. While my HAD is very nice and capable, I still wanted an Audiologist to program my aids. Phonak Brio aids sold only by Costco have an extra little chip in them that prevents anyone but Costco from programming or adjusting them. This was not revealed when I purchased them and I AM GOING TO MAKE A REALLY BIG STINK AND PERHAPS LAWSUIT OUT OF THIS PROBLEM.

Updated 11/28/2018: The Hearing Aid Dispenser (HAD) at Costco in Sacramento went out of his way to ensure that my hearing aids were able to be programmed by whomever I chose. I ended up going to a Doctor of Audiology who reprogrammed them for me. In all actuality, the HAD at Costco did a better job in terms of time spent with me and eliminating background noise without adding hissing and whistling. There was no way to remove my first review so I am adding this one.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I'm a musician and maybe I'm a bit picky about sound. However, first off, let me say that nothing is going to be as good as original equipment... but that ship has sailed. My complaint with these aids is that anything with a long tone - just whistle and hold the note - sounds like it did when you were a kid and put your face into a fan and talked. Another way to put it is that it sounds like it's underwater. The tech was able to pin the problem down to the feedback protection that's built into most of the programs. Only the "Music" program turns off the feedback protection and remedies the problem. Otherwise, these are decent and priced well.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I went to Costco to purchase hearing aids as this was the location that I was required to go to due to insurance. I was fit with REXTON CIC hearing aids and they were ordered. Upon arrival they were not as ordered and the color was incorrect. They were sent back and returned with the correct color. The Hearing Aids never worked right. They muted voices when trying to filter out background noise. The buttons failed on one and were sent back again.

Upon their return I tried them for two days and they were horrendous. Going into a store they blocked our voices because they tried to block out the background noise. You only have volume controls and the software for the phone is useless. They are junk. I am trying to return them for something that will work but the insurance doesn't know how to do that. After reading reviews of this brand it is obvious they are low end poor hearing aids that Costco should not be selling. Hopefully this will be resolved because I cannot wear this junk.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I have had these Kirkland 8.0 hearing aids since January. Since then I have had to return to the hearing center 7 times because one or the other of them did not work. Each time the technician has been able to restore them. But the nearest Costco to me is a 3 hour drive round trip. Today the right aid again ceased to work. This time they were beyond counter repair and were sent to the factory. When they are repaired it will necessitate another 3 hour drive. These aids have proved highly unreliable.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Purchased Rexton 63105 mid Dec. 2012 at Willowbrook Costco, Houston. (1999.99) 3 yr Warranty. Little problems over the three yr but in all satisfied, as Costco was opening stores all over Houston bounced around, always pleasant experience. No pressure to "upgrade". Various the speaker in the ear would fail always in stock. Replace & on my way. Now that the warranty is out, all of sudden no inventory of the speaker, thus $135. Each time, & back to Rexton, just finished third time, now rather than 1 yr warranty on the repair of that unit, only 6 mos.

Today, advised as my units are getting older all though I am still happy, Rexton is not, they are no longer going to support it, when on the shelf parts run out, that is the end. I should buy new ones, they are better?? How are they better? They just are "someone" said they are. Nothing definitive. We will see, I have gone from a supportive customer to a grumbling customer in a 5 min. discussion. New ears is on the list, BUT someone else will get a crack at the business. Not ruling Costco out, BUT. Regards to all you "what did you sayers."

Original review: June 13, 2018

I have purchased two hearing aids from Costco in the past 7 years, and now about to purchase a third (new technology, especially for iPhone users). Great Service. Great products (such as Phonak and ReSound). Fantastic prices! I visit a Costco Center in NW San Antonio in Texas. Their technicians are extremely caring and courteous. Appointments required, except possibly to get your hearing aids cleaned while visiting other parts of the store. Can try new hearing aids up to 6 months, then return if you are not satisfied.

No cost for hearing tests, cleaning, or other hearing aid services. Just found out that their prices just dropped in May 2018. Their prices are probably close to 1/3 the cost of other hearing aid centers, and their brands are tops. If you have GEHA medical insurance with the federal government, they offer a no-deductible allowance of $2500 toward hearing aid costs. That will likely pay for the entire cost of any Costco hearing aid pair.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I received my hearing aids in Florida, in April 2018 from a very nice technician. I wore them for 2 weeks but I did not think they were working well. At the end of the 2 weeks we were back in NJ, at this point the hearing aids were dead. I called the hearing aid center in Wayne, NJ and the first appointment they could give me was a month away. I waited a month, went to the center, the woman at the desk did troubleshooting. In less then 5 minutes she said, she had cleared out the wax and the computer indicated that my hearing aid was programmed correctly even if it did not help me much. I wore the hearing aids for another 2 weeks and they went dead on me again.

This time I went over to the Wayne Center without calling and the woman said I could not be seen without an appointment and the first available was in 2 weeks. She suggested I call Clifton, NJ. I drove there without calling, they took me right away, changed the piece that fit in my ear. I wore them for another week, decided they were not helping me. I decided to go to a hearing center and get checked by the audiologist. The audiologist said the dome was too big for my ear and even if the computer indicates it is programmed correctly, the program may not work for the individual and needs to be fine tuned. After being seen by the audiologist, I decided to return the hearing aids to Costco. I went to Wayne Center, requested a refund, they told me I needed to make an appointment, first available was in 2 weeks. I drove to Clifton, within 5 minutes, I had my refund.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I've had them two years and have been back many many times and always treated with courtesy and respect. The main reason one goes to Costco for hearing aids, is because the technicians do NOT work on commission!

Original review: April 20, 2018

I bought my first pair of hearing aids from Costco in 2013 but these were to be the fifth pair I had ever owned and used over the previous 30 years. I had used three four previous audiologists with my previous pa but theirs and had been fairly satisfied with their advice and support, but I found the quality and attention to detail of the Costco audiologists to be outstanding. On top of that the aids were very good and the cost was about a third of what I would have had to pay if I had used the usual privately based audiologist. Since then I have purchased a second pair from Costco and last month I purchased my third pair. Both the previous pairs are still working quite well but my hearing has declined substantially over the past decade and the pair I just purchased (Phonaks) are a wonderful improvement. Once again the local audiologist is very effective and supportive of my needs.

Over the past ten years I have recommended Costco hearing aids to well over 200 others in a series of lecture and support groups on hearing issues aimed at late deafened seniors. All of those who took my advice and used Costco that I have heard from are also very satisfied with their experience. Costco is to be both congratulated and praised for the significant contribution they are making to the need for affordable and well supported hearing aids in this country. I am one of your biggest fans. I've also learned to use and appreciate many of the other advantages of Costco membership. I do, however, have two suggestions that might make the hearing aid centers even more effective.

First is their location within the warehouse. They should be located nearer to the entrance so elderly and otherwise handicapped people can more easily get in to use their services. The same consideration should also be given to optical and pharmacy services. I am now 86 and walking across the width of the warehouse leaves me exhausted by the time I get to the hearing aid center.

Second is that the rise in customers for hearing aids at our center has led to longer and longer waits for new purchases and support appointments. I think more consideration should be given to the client load of each center and adjustments in the size of the staff should be made as the number of customers increases in order to keep support and retuning timely and as well as well done. But from all of us who need these services, thanks again to Costco for helping to bring the USA into the 21st century on hearing aid prices, quality, ** and support.

Original review: April 15, 2018

12 years ago, I purchased my first single hearing aid. It was $3,000 through an audiologist. After 5-6 years, I felt it was time to upgrade to something better, so I went to Costco. Being a musician and having profound hearing loss, I went with what was recommended at the time... Resound, in the ear, hearing aid. They have had to be serviced several times and now that they are 5-6 years old, I am replacing them with Phonak Brio through Costco. Emile, the supervisor at the Hearing Center in Eureka, CA let me wear a couple of different brands around the store to see how they reacted to different noises and if I could carry on a conversation with cooler motors running loudly...

The Phonak aids were AMAZING... Then I tried the Resound, an upgraded version of what I have already... They were so disappointing... She was not trying to sell me a more expensive pair of hearing aids... They were both the same price! I highly recommend Costco Hearing Aid Center. I have experienced NONE of the horror stories others tell about the personnel at Costco. I have experience patience as have many other of my church parishioners who I pastor.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Went there in December 2016 for first pair which were ReSound. I’m very sensitive to sounds, I need best noise reduction. I told them that. I’d go back for adjustments and got nowhere. It seems they want me to just accept what computer tells them. Husband ended up calling corporate. Got another (different) hearing test. Decided to try other audiologist there. When I came in May ‘17 she had paperwork to return them. She said if they aren’t right by now they can’t do anything and implied I’ve been in too many times. I then got the Kirkland 7 and same issues. It’s past 6 months and I’m stuck with them. I went to Indy North Costco today to be told I just need to accept them, that it’s my issue and not the aids.

She shushed me twice and went on to say how I have to just get used to it. I explained how I am wired with high pitches, tinning sounds, etc. (old audiologist in Elkhart understood my loss) after she was insulting my intelligence again, I got up and said I was out of there. She told me to not take her personally!! I had hoped something would have changed in the time since I’d seen her, but I was wrong. She is their “best” everyone says but they only want to adjust a couple times and get me out. Bottom line is I got what I paid for.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I've been using Costco hearing aids nearly five years. I have received great service around the USA and even in Canada when needed. They even have their own brand (currenlty made by Rexton) that competes head on with hearing aids more than double in price.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

Bought a set of hearing aids from Costco for over $1700.00. Upgraded my cell phone that has been out over six months. Costco has not been able to keep up with technology and now I cannot control them.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Received 3 calls to change my appointment. Finally, went to St Peters MO Costco. Center was to open at 10 am. No tester until 11. I could tell when I saw her walking in that the experience would not be good. Looked for every reason to push me out. When Costco has so many happy employees, I am not sure why they have the most unhappy in the hearing center.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

My husband's hearing aids are still in warranty. One of them died. Took them to the Costco Hearing Aid Center at the Eubank store in Albuquerque, NM three weeks ago and still waiting. The technician said it would be 10 days to get them back. It will be 3 weeks this Friday. Every time we go in there is no-one there or they are in a hearing booth with someone. Nobody out front. Or "the computers are down" or "the dog hate my homework" or something. Worst customer service we've ever experienced at a Costco Hearing Aid Center. Over $3,500 and no customer service.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

These are my 4th pair of hearing aids. 1st and second pair were from a local audiologist for double the price. They were good quality but everything was extra despite the exorbitant price-batteries, domes, no customer service. I admit the first pair of hearing aids that I purchased-Resound-were not impressive and I as always struggling with background loudness. But these new Kirkland’s are by far the best pair I have purchased. There is an app on in your phone which allows you to adjust the direction of sound so for me for instance in yoga class, I can adjust to hear from only the front of the room. This is the first time in 9 years that I can hear my soft spoken yoga teacher’s voice clearly for the entire class. The app is a lifesaver. Same thing for big crowds. As far as customer service, the hearing aid centers in Suffolk County, LI are wonderful. I have never had a bad experience, always helpful and that has been 5 years now.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Don't, don't, don't get hearing aids at Costco. I purchased a pair of Kirkland aids 2 years ago and to this day, they are still not adjusted properly. Costco Hearing Aid department will not answer their phone or return calls for days. For even a small adjustment you have to make an appointment that is ALWAYS 4 to 10 days out. I work with the public, I can't wait 1 1/2 weeks! When I complain that the aids aren't working, they suggest that maybe it's just me. Thank God I lost one and am currently purchasing a new pair thru an Audiologist. I can actually hear again and get timely, professional service. I'm guessing that Costco's hearing aid associates double up to cook pizzas at the snack bar. Believe me it's not worth the savings!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

My father is 83 and he was visiting from abroad. I took him to the Costco shop on Glen Mills, PA to the hearing aids shop to learn about the products. After a few minutes a salesman came and told me that I had to make an appointment over the phone the following day. I made the appointment and went back to the shop at the agreed time to find out that they wrongly booked my appointment in the computer. They told me that there was nothing they could do and that I had to re-book another appointment. The woman at the desk did not care at all that they made us waste two hours of our time when it was their fault to schedule the appointment at the wrong time.

I went to another location in Mount Laurel, NJ and tried to get another appointment. They said that they were booked for the whole month. Overall, the customer experience was terrible. I will not do business with these people. I prefer to go to a professional and pay more for a good product and have a good experience. With such terrible customer service, if you have any problem with the hearing aids, you will spend more money in time and frustration. These people do not care about the customer.

Costco Hearing Aids Center expert review by Shelley Webb

Costco is a multinational chain of membership-based wholesale stores with locations throughout the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Mexico, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan and Spain. Costco Hearing Aid Center is a division of Costco, available in select locations. Costco Hearing Aid Center offers hearing tests, checkups and hearing aids for purchase.

• No-obligation hearing tests: Costco Hearing Aid Center administers hearing tests to customers to determine whether they would benefit from hearing aids. There is no obligation to buy, regardless of the results of your hearing test.

• Free product demonstrations: Representatives at Costco Hearing Aid Center demonstrate products for customers for free so they can see how they work and if they are interested in purchasing them.

• Additional perks: Every customer who purchases a hearing aid from Costco gets 10 free hearing aid batteries, free follow up appointments and troubleshooting, free hearing aid cleanings and checkups, free loss and damage coverage and product warranties.

• Value pricing: Customers who shop at Costco Hearing Aids receive cheaper, wholesale prices for their hearing aids. Not only that, but Costco has partnered with Siemens to create their own line of Kirkland Signature Premium digital hearing aids for around $1700 a pair, thousands of dollars cheaper than other options.

• Bluetooth compatibility: Costco offers hearing aid solutions from many manufacturers, most of whom offer wireless accessories like remote controls, cell phone apps and clip-on microphones all powered by Bluetooth wireless technology.

• Best for: Costco members who have progressive or acquired hearing loss.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
      Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Costco Hearing Aid Center Company Information