2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids

Costco Hearing Aids

Costco Hearing Aid Center
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.81/5

Costco Hearing Aid Centers are located across the country and offer hearing tests, fittings and maintenance from five manufacturers, including its own Kirkland brand. Customers can choose between basic hearing aids and high-end, feature-rich hearing aids. Costco’s prices are among the lowest in the industry, and it offers a 180-day return policy for all hearing aids.

Costco Hearing Aid Center Reviews

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I have had hearing aids for ten years using three pairs before Costco's beginning January 2020. I have had Odicon ($4500) and Phonak ($5500) and have never been happy with them. These Kirkland for $1600 are great. I can hear my wife, the TV, and conversations. Before, I could hear volume, but did not understand the words. Even better is the Bluetooth connection to the TV.. Only downside is now that I can really hear my wife, I noticed she has a "lisp", which I never noticed before!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

I showed up for the appointment. They reviewed the hearing test I brought with me, but said they couldn't use it because the doctor had not signed it. I was fine with taking another test. Then they noticed the report showed bi-lateral hearing loss. Only one side. They said I would need an MRI. I told them I had an MRI within the last week and everything was normal according to the ENT. They said they would need a signed report from the ENT before they could do anything. So, if you have normal unilateral hearing loss, you are probably fine. My friends are all happy with their hearing aids from Costco, but apparently they have too many lawyers involved and will not do anything out of the ordinary without substation documentation and live ink. Apparently they are afraid that someone would cut and paste a fake hearing test. I'm not sure what their problem was, but I will go back to the doctor's office for a referral to a professional organization.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I purchased my Phonak hearing aids several years ago at Costco. I went back several times to have the earpiece changed because it was too big & uncomfortable. They didn't have one small enough, so finally just removed it & sent me off with no earpiece. It constantly became plugged! Finally asked my ENT office about it. They gave me a proper earpiece. I also repeatedly asked for adjustments for better hearing, but was never totally happy. They were better than nothing. After about 4 years, my husband encouraged me to go for some proper hearing aids. I went to Healthgrades in Holland. I am SO happy to be able to hear now. It's life changing & worth every penny! I never forget to put these on like I did the 1st ones.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

Bluetooth will not connect on hearing aids. Problem With these Kirkland hearing aids fs9 they do not connect with the iPhone 11. Contacted Phonak and Costco, nobody seems to be able to help and Apple says it is a manufacturer problem. They say it is a Apple problem.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

Went to Costco on Friday, 10/4/19 to have the volume turned up and was given an older woman who didn't even ask me why I was there. She took my hearing aid and told me that since it was 6 or 7 years old that it was no good anymore and wanted to sell me a new improved set. I said that I didn't want a new set and I wanted new buds put on my old one, which she actually did put new ones on but she wanted to keep the one that she said was broken. I got the impression that she only wanted me to get new ones. I left there and went home and realized that that particular hearing aid was not broken but actually works. Needless to say that I will not go back to Costco again, I am an old man and I don't want to buy new and improved when I don't need them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco Hearing Aids Center?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

My first experience with a Costco Hearing Center was horrible. Arrogant person would ignore my questions and complaints and insisted that the bad performance of the product was my fault. Turned out to be defective hearing aid. I returned the hearing aids since it was the return 180-day period. Later I went to a different Costco Hearing Center and it was like a different world. They listened to me about the issues I had had. They explained things in great detail, and were responsive to my needs in getting things done right. In the process of coming in several times to make small changes, so I could more easily adapt to the hearing aids. They changed receiver lengths and domes several times until they were most comfortable and fit best. Ended up with each side having different lengths and dome sizes.

If you have a bad experience with a Costco Center, call the regional office and report it. They will fix it. The 3 star rating reflects the average of an initial 1-star performance followed by a 5-star one. My only general complaint with Costco is that the Hearing Centers seem to not have enough staff, so sometimes it takes a while to get an appointment which they want to have you make for virtually anything. I have found though, that for minor issues, like changing receivers and domes, and even cleaning, you can just drop in and they usually do things while you shop the rest of the store.

Original review: June 20, 2019

6/19/2019. COSTCO HEARING AIDS DEPARTMENT. We have been long-time Costco customers and have enjoyed shopping there for years. We are shopping for hearing aids and decided to look at Costco first. The Costco Hearing Aids Department is distinct from other Costco Shopping experiences. From the interaction with the front desk employee the qualification of a buyer to actually be planning on buying hearing aids begins while she described the highest end available units from KIRKLAND Brand first, reminiscent of shopping for a car at a dealer where the sales people are commission driven, not service driven.

The Kirkland Brand described was over $5000 a pair and the other brands were less but close to $3000 a pair. While online Costco advertises Kirkland Brand being available for $1599 a pair, and others being $1249 and up. The saleswoman said that Costco advertises the price of one hearing aid and that the prices for two are twice as much. I said that is disappointing and seems deceptive and she responded that she was not going to argue over Costco's advertising decisions with me. So we left. In re-checking the online Costco website, Costco advertises the Kirkland Brand for $1599 for a pair.

Original review: April 20, 2019

Great service great product Kirkland. I needed a hearing aid. The test was done very well. The fitting of my hearing aid was done very well. The fitting was done very well. The functions of my hearing aid were explained. Great warranty.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Review of the Rexton Adore Hearing Aids from Costco – April 2019 - I wore Oticon behind the ear hearing aids for 5 years and was happy with the product. However, it was time for an upgrade and I visited the Downtown Vancouver Costco Hearing Aid Centre, as Costco has the largest number of hearing aid centres in North America and their prices are very competitive. They a distributor of major brands of hearing aids. That made it appealing.

Testing at Costco - The staff was friendly, helpful and the hearing assessment I received was very impressive. They performed several tests in the soundproof both, including at what loudness levels I can hear speech. At the end of the assessment I discussed with the Audiologist what was important when choosing a product. I want to hear well, enjoy the latest hearing technological developments, have lithium batteries and have Made for iPhone hearing aids. The Audiologist recommended the Rexton Adore behind the ear hearing Aids to meet my needs and wants. Rexton makes the Kirkland Signature 8 hearing aids and customers are happy with these products. Rexton only makes the Adore product for Costco and I paid C$3400 for them.

Rexton Adore Hearing Aids - Once ordered they took 2 weeks to arrive. The fitting process ensured the hearing aids prescription were correct, and I learnt how the hearing aids worked and how to charge the built in lithium batteries. The charging cradle was amazing, there are no contact points on the hearing aids, so all you need to do is to slide the hearing aids in the cradle and it charges. I also received a size 10 silicon earbuds, which was larger than the size 8 I used before.

Experience after 2 months - All I can say is these are amazing hearing aids. The clarity of hearing is something I have not experienced in for many years. I can hear sounds which I could not hear before. At night when I take out my hearing aids, there is a noticeable difference when I am not wearing them. Hearing better has made this investment worth every cent. I had to get use to the larger silicon earbuds. For the first week my ear canal were very itchy, however I got use to them and they work well for me. The charging cradle works like a dream. I slide my hearing aids in every night and in the morning they fully charged. The lithium batteries last the whole day and when I slide them in the cradle, they still have two-thirds of the charge left. Nice to think I do not have to fiddle with changing batteries every week.

The Made for iPhone Bluetooth is not as good quality as the Bluetooth quality from a streamer. There are times the signal disappears. Fortunately, I read about this before getting the Made for iPhone functionality. It prepared me and I did not expect too much. I am getting use to the quality of sound and the intermittent disruptions when streaming music or phone calls. When making phone calls, the phone streams the calls to my hearing aids, however I have to use the microphone on my iPhone to speak. Hopefully, one day Made for iPhone will accommodate speech streaming from the hearing aids.

They use the Connect App on the iPhone to monitor the decibel levels I am exposed to throughout the day. The app has a few programs and they have limited functionality for my behind the ear hearing aids. The automatic functionality meets my needs. In Conclusion - I am thrilled with my Rexton Adore Hearing Aids and they were a great investment. The price I paid for improved hearing, was worth every cent.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I went to Costco at Haggerty Rd on Livonia MI. The new Phonak Brio 3 is an excellent product for my needs. The hearing instrument specialist James ** did a thorough job with my evaluation and explaining the maintenance of the aids. I was pleased.

Costco Hearing Aid Center Company Information