Best Hearing Aids in Houston, TX
About 15% of Americans have hearing loss. Though hearing aids won’t restore perfect hearing, they do mitigate hearing loss and help users live fuller lives. Find out if you’re a candidate for hearing aids by using this list of the best hearing aids and audiologists in Houston.
Top 10 Houston Hearing Aid Stores and Audiologists
|Allison Audiology & Hearing Aid Center||Read Expert Review|
Uses a variety of diagnostic testing tools. Provides hearing solutions for adults and children. Works with all major insurance companies and checks your benefits. Offers same-day appointments.
|Best Hearing Aid Solutions||Read Expert Review|
Offers free, no-obligation hearing screenings and a satisfaction guarantee. Works with leading hearing aid manufacturers and insurance companies. Matches prices from other providers. Visits patients in their homes and offices.
|Hearing Aid Express Houston||Read Expert Review|
Provides free hearing screenings and follow-up care for hearing aid purchases. Accepts most insurance plans and offers special financing options. Has website coupons. Lets customers try hearing aids risk-free for 60 days.
|Heights Audiology & Hearing Aids||Read Expert Review|
Provides comprehensive hearing care services and the latest in hearing aid technology. Displays hearing aid prices online. Includes a 30-day trial period with a 100% money-back guarantee.
|Medical Center Hearing Aids||Read Expert Review|
Offers a full array of services, including hearing evaluations, hearing aid fittings and tinnitus management. Works with multiple hearing aid manufacturers. Sells extended hearing aid warranties up to four years.
|Memorial Hearing||Read Expert Review|
Offers thorough diagnostic exams and recommends solutions to improve hearing loss. Carries hearing aids from multiple manufacturers. Repairs hearing aids in the office or gives loaners.
|NewSound Hearing Centers Houston||Read Expert Review|
Schedules free hearing screenings. Offers hearing tests, hearing aid consultations and hearing aid repair. Provides free cleans and checks. Includes a 60-day exchange period and guarantees trade-in value.
|The Center for Audiology||Read Expert Review|
Provides diagnostic evaluations and devices from leading hearing aid manufacturers. Offers specials on its website. Repairs hearing aids and gives loaners. Allows 30 days for hearing aid returns.
|The Hearing Health Center of Houston||Read Expert Review|
Offers professional hearing care exclusively from audiologists. Works with all major hearing aid manufacturers. Provides easy payment options and a free hearing aid trial. Guarantees patient satisfaction.
|TOPs Hearing & Balance Center||Read Expert Review|
Offers full-service hearing care, including hearing exams, hearing aid fittings and hearing aid repair. Provides free, unlimited visits and adjustments for the life of a hearing aid. Employs Spanish- and Vietnamese-speaking staff.
The Texas Health and Human Services Commission estimates that nearly 4 million people in the state are either hard of hearing or deaf, including a large number in Houston. If you’re experiencing hearing loss in H-Town, you have access to some of the top hearing care specialists in the country. Many offer free, no-obligation consultations so you can speak to an audiologist and learn if you are a candidate for hearing aids.
How much do hearing aids cost in Houston?
The cost of a hearing aid in Houston is usually between $1,000 and $4,000, which includes a hearing test, a hearing aid fitting, regular checkups, adjustments and a warranty that lasts one to three years. The total cost depends on the hearing aid manufacturer, the style of hearing aid, the hearing aid technology and included features.
How can I pay for hearing aids in Houston?
Check with your health insurer to find out if you have hearing benefits. Medicare doesn’t cover hearing aids, but some Medicare Advantage (Part C) plans may include hearing benefits.
Audiologists, hearing instrument retailers and hearing aid manufacturers may offer financing options for purchasers. Ask about discounts and promotions that may be available from the specialist or manufacturer.
If you need additional financial assistance, some organizations and services help with affordable hearing aids in Houston. See this list put together by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Houston hearing aid FAQ
- How long will it take me to get used to my hearing aid?
- It can take up to several months to get used to a new hearing aid. Your hearing care professional tells you what to expect and helps make the adjustment period easier.
- Does Medicare cover hearing aids in Texas?
- No, Original Medicare doesn’t cover hearing aids in Texas. Some Medicare Advantage (Part C) plans may include hearing benefits.
- Where can I get a hearing aid repair in Houston?
- Many audiologists in Houston offer in-office hearing aid repairs, including services for hearing aids that were purchased elsewhere. If the hearing aid can’t be fixed in the office, it may be sent away for repairs.
- Where can I buy hearing aid batteries in Houston?
- You can buy hearing aid batteries in Houston from an audiologist or at popular retailers such as Walmart, Kroger and Amazon.
Hearing loss resources in Houston
Houston residents looking for more information on hearing loss should check out the following resources:
- The Texas Office of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services works to eliminate societal and communication barriers for people who are hard of hearing or deaf.
- Hear-Say Partners In Hearing is a nonprofit that has offered hearing loss resources, counseling and hearing aid services in Houston since 1977.
- The Hearing Loss Association of America, Houston Chapter provides hearing loss information, education, support and advocacy.
Houston hearing aid company information
TOPs Hearing & Balance Center is a full-service practice that offers hearing exams, hearing aid fittings and hearing aid repair for adults and children. Patients who purchase hearing aids get free, unlimited visits and adjustments. TOPs Hearing has three Houston-area locations, and the staff speaks English, Spanish and Vietnamese.
- Address: 12121 Richmond Ave., Ste. 304, Houston, TX 77082; Multiple locations
- Phone: (281) 914-4947
- Hours: M - Th: 8am - 5pm; F: 8am - 12pm
- Website: topsaudiology.com
NewSound Hearing Centers promises its patients concierge-level care, guaranteed hearing correction and custom hearing loss solutions. It offers hearing tests, hearing aid consultations and hearing aid repairs at multiple Houston-area locations. Contact NewSound Hearing to schedule a free hearing screening.
- Address: 840 N. Eldridge Parkway, Ste. 180, Houston, TX 77079; Multiple locations
- Phone: (281) 819-0648
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: newsoundhearing.com
The Hearing Health Center of Houston provides diagnostic hearing evaluations, hearing aid evaluations and hearing aid fittings, adjustments and repairs. It offers hearing aids from all major manufacturers, easy payment options and a free trial period.
- Address: 3275 W. Alabama St., Houston, TX 77098
- Phone: (713) 942-8205
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: hearinghealthhouston.com
The Center for Audiology is a hearing care practice that provides complete diagnostic evaluations. The company sells hearing aids from top companies. It also offers expert repair services and temporary solutions in case your device has to be sent back to the manufacturer. All hearing aids come with a 30-day return policy.
- Address: 4544 Post Oak Place Drive, Ste. 380, Houston, TX 77027
- Phone: (713) 255-0035
- Hours: M - F: 7:30am - 4:30pm
- Website: centerforaud.com
Hearing Aid Express offers free hearing screenings and a wide selection of hearing aids from popular manufacturers. It accepts most insurance plans and extends special financing options for qualified customers. A 60-day trial program with a 100% refund is available.
- Address: 921 Cypress Creek Parkway, Ste. 101-B, Houston, TX 77090; Multiple locations
- Phone: (281) 397-7232
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: hearingaidexpress.com
Best Hearing Aid Solutions offers free, no-obligation hearing screenings and other hearing care services, including hearing aid evaluation, selection, fitting and repair. It sells hearing aids from leading manufacturers and provides a satisfaction guarantee. Best Hearing Aid Solutions matches prices from other hearing aid providers.
- Address: 5100 Westheimer Road, Ste. 200, Houston, TX 77056
- Phone: (713) 481-7044
- Hours: W - F: 8am - 5pm
- Website: besthearingaidsolutions.com
Memorial Hearing has helped hundreds of patients improve their hearing loss with hearing aids since opening in 2009. The company offers diagnostic hearing examinations and hearing aid evaluations, fittings and aid repairs. It sells hearing aids in different styles from top manufacturers.
- Address: 11451 Katy Freeway, Ste. 520, Houston, TX 77079
- Phone: (713) 984-7562
- Hours: M - F: 8:30am - 5pm
- Website: memorialhearing.com
Allison Audiology & Hearing Aid Center has provided hearing care in Houston for more than 20 years. The company takes appointments for adults and children. Its services include providing hearing tests and helping patients find the right hearing aids for their hearing loss, budget and lifestyle. The business’s employees are happy to check your insurance benefits so you know what’s covered.
- Address: 12900 Queensbury Lane, Ste. 100, Houston, TX 77079
- Phone: (713) 893-1070
- Hours: M - Th: 8:30am - 5pm; F: 8:30am - 4pm
- Website: allisonaudiology.com
Medical Center Hearing Aids offers a full array of services related to hearing loss prevention, evaluation and rehabilitation. Its three full-time audiologists are licensed in the state of Texas and certified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. The company sells hearing aids from multiple manufacturers.
- Address: 4101 Greenbriar St., Ste. 320, Houston, TX 77098
- Phone: (713) 790-1321
- Hours: M - Th: 8am - 5pm; F: 8am - 12pm
- Website: medicalcenterhearingaids.com
Heights Audiology & Hearing Aids’ licensed audiologists and hearing aid providers use advanced testing methods, effective treatment options and the best in hearing aid technology to help customers improve hearing loss and quality of life. Visit the website to see pricing for hearing aids. All hearing aids come with a 30-day trial and money-back guarantee.
- Address: 325 W. 20th St., Ste. 100, Houston, TX 77008
- Phone: (713) 863-0114
- Hours: M - Th: 9am - 4pm; F: 9am - 1pm
- Website: heightsaudiology.com