Giant Eagle Pharmacy

• 23%
  • 20%
  • 35%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Giant Eagle Pharmacy?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Giant Eagle Pharmacy?
    Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed April 28, 2024

Giant Eagle Pharmacy Greenfield. ***Avoid at all costs!*** I have never seen or encountered a more unprofessionally run establishment in my life. The pharmacist at this giant eagle will consistently put off filling a prescription until the next employee comes in. You can call 4 times to ask and make sure it is ready, it does not matter. It won't be.

They will insist it is coming in the next day. If you push them really hard they will finally say they have the medication in stock and can fill it. I feel I work harder than any employee here trying to get my own prescription filled. It's a joke. I have had surgery in the past where the doctor will call in meds and I will then have to call them 3-4 times before they will finally fill them.

The lead woman pharmacist is probably the rudest person I have ever come across. She will sit behind her computer screen and just holler over to you. She refuses to even come to the counter and talk to you like a human. I have never witnessed such an incompetent employee. I have already made a formal complaint against her. If this pharmacy wasn't part of a huge conglomerate that giant eagle is, it would be long shut down. I feel like this place will be investigated and eventually shut down.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed April 23, 2024

I am on a blood thinner **...10mg...daily. I don't like being in it but I have a chronic clotting issue. I get my prescriptions through Giant Eagle Pharmacy. I get them promptly for many meds just not **. It's very challenging because I have to hope it's actually in stock. I called in a refill last week. The pharmacy said He had to wait as they had to call my doctor.. No refills. I knew that should not be an issue but it's now Tuesday... I called my doctor myself and a refill was authorized yesterday but still none in stock. Come back tomorrow I was told..Two things.. Never in stock... And when get it....I have to pay for a 90 day supply...big copay. There has to be a better way.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Feb. 4, 2024

I have been using this pharmacy for a very long time. In the past year they have drastically went downhill. There's always a line, it takes forever them digging through drawers and a mess on top of the drawers until they finally find my prescription. I've been getting the same prescriptions for a while now and every time the price is different. Lastly I just can't take their snarky and rude attitudes. The whole store seems miserable. If it's that terrible go work somewhere else and not with the public especially in the pharmacy.

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed Jan. 9, 2024

I recently had a deeply unsatisfactory experience at Giant Eagle that has left me feeling frustrated and let down by their customer service. I purchased a money order from Giant Eagle, and unfortunately, I had to return it for personal reasons. Armed with my receipt and expecting a straightforward process, I was shocked when the store refused to accept the return.

The lack of consistency and understanding in Giant Eagle's return policy is beyond disappointing. As a loyal customer, I assumed that returning a money order purchased from the same store would be a hassle-free procedure, especially when armed with a receipt. However, the staff at Giant Eagle were uncooperative and unwilling to assist me. The fact that Giant Eagle, a store that prides itself on customer satisfaction, refused to accept the return of their own product raises serious concerns about their commitment to customer service. The inconvenience and frustration caused by this incident have left me questioning whether I can trust Giant Eagle for future transactions.

Moreover, the unhelpful attitude of the staff during this ordeal only added to my disappointment. A company of Giant Eagle's stature should prioritize customer satisfaction and demonstrate flexibility in resolving issues. Unfortunately, my experience suggests otherwise. I would caution potential customers to think twice before engaging in financial transactions, especially involving money orders, at Giant Eagle. The lack of a reasonable return policy and the uncooperative attitude of the staff have tarnished my perception of the store's commitment to customer service, and I am left with a negative impression that will undoubtedly influence my future shopping decisions.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Sept. 25, 2023

I waited an hour to get my COVID 19 vaccine at the Giant Eagle pharmacy at the Waterworks Mall and when I got home I discovered the pharmacist didn't even apply a bandaid over the vaccine injection site. Very unprofessional and unsafe.

Reviewed Aug. 20, 2023

I've been using Giant Eagle Pharmacy in Painesville, Ohio for many years. I don't know what happened, but now I have to wait at least a day to get most of my prescriptions filled. I'm used to getting scripts in 20 minutes or less. It's ridiculous that I can't get the medication I need in a timely manner. The pharmacy techs aren't very friendly most of the time either. I'm going to switch pharmacies; I can't take it anymore.

Cortezya

They should explain to you that to help with the workload most maintenance drugs are sent to our fulfillment warehouse to fill. So as a courtesy most pharmacies ask for 24 hrs . This allows us to focus on true urgent medications for acute illness. It's just a courtesy for everyone with more and more people having medications.

Reviewed Dec. 17, 2022

I recently returned Giant Eagle Pharmacy. A terrible mistake. On Dec 03 2022, my physician called in a prescription for a quality of 60 pills and in tablet form. I was originally told that they didn’t have in stock. Then they stated they had 29 tablets. If I took those I would forfeit the remaining 31, I asked why, they stated Ohio Law. I reached out to Board of Pharmacy to ask if true. The investigator assigned to this stated if a pharmacy can only fill a partial even if it is classified as a level 2, as long as pharmacy got the remaining within 30 days of prescription being written they were allowed to fill. The investigator also stated Giant Eagle on Groveport have been made aware.

When I called back I spoke to manager Amy, she told me I can place calls to Ohio State Board of Pharmacy and Attorney General offices if I wish, and I would need to find a pharmacy that can better suit my needs. However she did state the medication was on long term back order. I have called other Giant Eagle pharmacies that have the tablets however Giant Eagle is refusing to transfer per their policy. I called this am to see if they had my medication in stock. The technician confirmed the Medication was there. I told him I needed remainder. He got the pharmacist and then I was told they didn’t have it, even though my cousin literally was sitting in drive through picking up their same medication. They are deceitful and condescending.

When I asked about what they charged my insurance Amy the pharmacy manager said, "Your state insurance? We billed for 29 they gave me." When I asked where does the remainder 31 go she said it’s absorbed. I have never been through so much issues. So instead of seeing my Dr. once this month I have to go back in a few days all because they are difficult because I followed up with AG and OSBP. I have been discriminated against because I followed up with how the law is written. I have to take my medicine daily and been trying to stretch to make last but it’s not working as it should. Shame on Giant Eagle in Groveport for putting an senior citizen through this.

Cortezya

While the board of pharmacy sets Ohio laws each pharmacy has it's own policy. Most pharmacies will not partial level 2 drugs because they are not guaranteed to be completed within the 30 days due to back orders and threshold halts. I'm not sure this place customer service is but unfortunately policies can differ from the laws to protect the stores.

Customer Service

Reviewed June 23, 2022

Worst pharmacy ever. They’re always messing up my prescriptions and they do not care if that gets me sick or not. Their Pharmacist Eli will hang up on you after telling you that it isn’t their problem.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Oct. 17, 2020

I have used many different pharmacies over the last few decades. My fave of last 10 years has been Giant Eagle. Always answer phone. Always get rx correct and friendly clerks. Prices are reasonable too.

Reviewed Oct. 2, 2020

The pharmacist does extra work to get the "authorized generic" for me, and G.E always gives me a discount on this expensive prescription.

Giant Eagle Pharmacy author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Giant Eagle Pharmacy offers consumers convenient options when it comes to filling and refilling prescriptions and specialty pharmacy needs. The company even offers refills for pet medication refills and contact lenses. Giant Eagle makes managing prescriptions easy with its online portal and offers savings on generic medications.

• Online portal: Consumers can create an account with Giant Eagle’s online pharmacy portal and manage their prescriptions from anywhere with Internet access. The online portal offers a quick way to refill prescriptions with their “Refill Now” section. Consumers can browse pharmacy locations, savings and weekly sales.

• Prescription home delivery: Giant Eagle offers home delivery for customers who have difficulty leaving their houses. Each delivery is brought by an employee of the pharmacy, which ensures that personal information remains confidential. Giant Eagle offers free next day delivery. Refill requests received before 10:00 a.m. will be delivered on the same day and refills requested after 10:00 a.m. will be delivered the next day.

• Specialty pharmacy: Giant Eagle has aURAC-accredited specialty online pharmacy that can support customers with complex therapy needs. The specialty pharmacy can make sure medications are scheduled and delivered on time to consumers with diseases that require treatment plans, such as cancer, hepatitis C and rheumatoid arthritis.

• Pet medication: Consumers can get their pet's prescriptions, such as flea and tick medication and arthritis and pain management medication filled online. Customers can ask for a full list of pet medications offered by Giant Eagle.

• Text alerts: Customers with Giant Eagle Pharmacy can sign up for text alerts to let them know when it is time to refill a prescription and when a prescription is ready. They can also sign up for pick-up reminders. Signing up is easy and requires a prescription number, mobile number, name, date of birth and email address.

• Accreditation: Giant Eagle is accredited by the ACHC and also holds accreditation by the URAC for its Specialty Pharmacy services.

Giant Eagle Pharmacy Company Information