Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.60/5

Giant Eagle Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Giant Eagle Pharmacy?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Giant Eagle Pharmacy?

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

Updated on 12/26/2020: Was contacted by customer service, and was basically told that they condone harassment, abuse, hate, discrimination, and refusal of public service to anyone with a medical condition who are unable to wear a mask. That they deliberately don’t care to abide by the ADA law, or the Civil Rights Act of 1967. It’s unbelievably immoral and despicable! As a public service if you are unable to serve your customers to the best of your ability and abide by the law, then you deserve to be shut down and to go bankrupt. It’s absolutely disgusting how you’re employees treat their customers, an absolute disgrace and unethical!

Original Review: I was severely harassed and discriminated against around 12:40 at this Giant Eagle, 2801 E. Waterloo Rd. (store #4029). Had two employees and their manager jumping down my throat over a mask after I explained to them that I have a medical condition, and it isn't proactive for me to wear a mask, they proceeded to harass me and refused service. So I went to the self-checkout, and there I was harassed by two other employees. I explained to them my same situation, and they continued to harass me and discriminate.

They tried to tell me that mask is a law, they are sorely mistaken. And the only ones breaking the law were your employees, so you should probably inform your employees on the ADA law, because they all broke it when I informed them of my medical condition and that they are breaking the ADA law by harassment, discrimination and refusal of service. And it doesn't matter what your policy on masks are, you still have to abide by the ADA law. And because of this despicable harassment and discrimination, I will be filing a discrimination/harassment complaint to the Ohio attorney general, Better Business Bureau, and Ohio civil rights commission.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I have used many different pharmacies over the last few decades. My fave of last 10 years has been Giant Eagle. Always answer phone. Always get rx correct and friendly clerks. Prices are reasonable too.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

The pharmacist does extra work to get the "authorized generic" for me, and G.E always gives me a discount on this expensive prescription.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I went to pick up a script at Giant Eagle Pharmacy in West Mifflin pa. On mountain view Dr. The cost was going to be $87.00 and the same script the month before was $27.00. I ask why so much and they said it's their cost. I refused the script and did some research and found GoodRx coupon online. I returned and used goodrx and they dropped the price to $37.00. I accepted that but found that the Giant Eagle two miles away charge $27.00 for the same script with the goodrx coupon. That is a $60.00 difference from the original price and I pay $1850.00 for my insurance every month and that includes prescription coverage. All I can say is GoodRX works and don't trust your pharmacy.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Giant Eagle supermarket is a clean store with varied selections. Their pharmacy is rarely out of medicines unlike some other chain stores. They are fully stocked for sales. Often Kroger's store is out of items shown in circular.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

My Giant pharmacy located in Reston Virginia lost a script that my home health aide handed them. If that wasn't bad enough they fill two of my scripts that they have not had in their possession for over six months. Each were filled for 90 days which really screws up my pill pack and I did not know my latest pill pack boxes did not have my medications. I got severe chest pains and others really bad symptoms because I have a bad heart and high blood pressure because they did this and I was not aware of it. Because I am mobility-impaired and I rely upon others for assistance. Run do not walk away from this Pharmacy and any Giant Supermarket pharmacies. Be careful. Know what you have, know what has been filled and if somebody else does it for you recheck it at least once a week - signed... Not dead yet... but heart is in agony.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I use Giant Eagle Pharmacy to fill my prescription based on Insurance requirements. I was advised via the automated system that my prescription was ready. Due to the location I am not able to easily get there. I received another call on a Thursday and went to get the prescription on Tuesday to find out there is no prescription there for me and they cannot locate. It may have been put back on the shelf I was told as they hold them for only 12 days. I have not problem with this practice except for the fact that this information was never disclosed to me as the Customer. The automated system should indicate that there is a prescription and advise of an expiration date.

I spent over 1/2 hour at the drive through attempting to get my prescription filled. The employees were nice and my complaint is not against them, it is against the practices of Giant Eagle. Any company should be fair to their customers and treat them as such. Advising me that there is a prescription for me to only find out that there was not is deceitful. This practice needs re-examined. It is extremely difficult to file a complaint with Giant Eagle as well. The number on the prescription bag asks you to fill out a survey- I don't want to fill out a survey, I want to file a complaint. The message on the number tells you to contact them on www.gianteagle.com/contactus, which gives you the same number or allows you to view your account or fill out a survey.

Nowhere does it state where you can file a complaint. Feedback from consumers is very important and there should be an easier way to provide this. I finally spoke with a woman and aired my concern on the practice of not disclosing Giant Eagle's procedures/practices to their consumers and advising them incorrectly via a phone message. We shall see if anything comes of it. Also, I am unable to use mail prescriptions due to dosage changes for medical reasons. Hopefully they will disclosure properly to consumers in the future.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I have used Giant Eagle most of my life because that is who my parents used. They have been fine until recently. I currently go to the Giant Eagle Pharmacy on Cochran/Greentree road in Pittsburgh. First issue I have had lately is they don’t have the medication I need and they have to order it. Which isn’t totally annoying because I know not to show up at the pharmacy. But lately after l show up to pick up my medication there is a reason why I can’t receive it or that I will have to wait longer. Not billing my insurance right so then they have to recount everything (their protocol); they didn’t order enough which means I can only receive a 5 day supply and come back another day when they get more of the medicine; or they have filled it but have not looked at my account to see whatever questions they may have for my dr. As you all know doctors can’t just be reached immediately so that means I go home and wait for them to get their affairs in order again.

Meanwhile during this whole process the head pharmacist is very rude and sends some intern to deliver any bad news so they don’t have to deal with it. For anyone who relies on their medication (such as a diabetic) to the point of hospitalization if you don’t receive it; I would not recommend this pharmacy. I will definitely be switching my pharmacy ASAP.

Original review: April 17, 2018

My doctor suggested this company to save money. Well, it may be cheaper than local pharmacy costs, but the hassle and frustration is not worth it. It took forever for them to get straight that I wanted autoship, despite my signing up online for that and calling them to do so more than once, so I had to pay for higher shipping to get my medication in time. Second nightmare - the medication began to get lost in the mail, showing up weeks later. Thirdly, since I was on autoship (FINALLY), they contacted my doctor and got an out of date prescription and kept filling it with the out of date Rx after he changed it - and after the expiration date should have come and gone. So now, I have two prescriptions I cannot use and I'm out money since they don't take anything unopened back. Calling to try to block them from charging my card yet again. Horrible experience. Buyer beware!! The money saved is certainly NOT worth the hassle, frustration and expense.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I've been using Giant Eagle Pharmacy for quite some time. Every month some is wrong or incomplete. I spoke to a technician and they stated my meds were no long on auto refill. Later I called again, all meds ARE on auto refill. Received call from them, my meds were ready except for 3. I am diabetic and the insulin pen they called me about was cancelled. They wanted me to wait for it. I requested a print out of my prescriptions so I can go to a different pharmacy and they refused to print it for me. I have a total of 19 prescriptions that, for years, I been trying to get them all filled on the same day and it is too complicated for them. I will never recommend them to anyone.

Giant Eagle Pharmacy author review by ConsumerAffairs

Giant Eagle Pharmacy offers consumers convenient options when it comes to filling and refilling prescriptions and specialty pharmacy needs. The company even offers refills for pet medication refills and contact lenses. Giant Eagle makes managing prescriptions easy with its online portal and offers savings on generic medications.

• Online portal: Consumers can create an account with Giant Eagle’s online pharmacy portal and manage their prescriptions from anywhere with Internet access. The online portal offers a quick way to refill prescriptions with their “Refill Now” section. Consumers can browse pharmacy locations, savings and weekly sales.

• Prescription home delivery: Giant Eagle offers home delivery for customers who have difficulty leaving their houses. Each delivery is brought by an employee of the pharmacy, which ensures that personal information remains confidential. Giant Eagle offers free next day delivery. Refill requests received before 10:00 a.m. will be delivered on the same day and refills requested after 10:00 a.m. will be delivered the next day.

• Specialty pharmacy: Giant Eagle has aURAC-accredited specialty online pharmacy that can support customers with complex therapy needs. The specialty pharmacy can make sure medications are scheduled and delivered on time to consumers with diseases that require treatment plans, such as cancer, hepatitis C and rheumatoid arthritis.

• Pet medication: Consumers can get their pet's prescriptions, such as flea and tick medication and arthritis and pain management medication filled online. Customers can ask for a full list of pet medications offered by Giant Eagle.

• Text alerts: Customers with Giant Eagle Pharmacy can sign up for text alerts to let them know when it is time to refill a prescription and when a prescription is ready. They can also sign up for pick-up reminders. Signing up is easy and requires a prescription number, mobile number, name, date of birth and email address.

• Accreditation: Giant Eagle is accredited by the ACHC and also holds accreditation by the URAC for its Specialty Pharmacy services.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team