3.82/5
Based on 34 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Giant Eagle Pharmacy

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experienceDissatisfied with the experienceSatisfied with the experienceHappy with the experienceWould recommend to a friend
Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 17, 2018

34 Giant Eagle Pharmacy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 17, 2018

My doctor suggested this company to save money. Well, it may be cheaper than local pharmacy costs, but the hassle and frustration is not worth it. It took forever for them to get straight that I wanted autoship, despite my signing up online for that and calling them to do so more than once, so I had to pay for higher shipping to get my medication in time. Second nightmare - the medication began to get lost in the mail, showing up weeks later. Thirdly, since I was on autoship (FINALLY), they contacted my doctor and got an out of date prescription and kept filling it with the out of date Rx after he changed it - and after the expiration date should have come and gone. So now, I have two prescriptions I cannot use and I'm out money since they don't take anything unopened back. Calling to try to block them from charging my card yet again. Horrible experience. Buyer beware!! The money saved is certainly NOT worth the hassle, frustration and expense.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I've been using Giant Eagle Pharmacy for quite some time. Every month some is wrong or incomplete. I spoke to a technician and they stated my meds were no long on auto refill. Later I called again, all meds ARE on auto refill. Received call from them, my meds were ready except for 3. I am diabetic and the insulin pen they called me about was cancelled. They wanted me to wait for it. I requested a print out of my prescriptions so I can go to a different pharmacy and they refused to print it for me. I have a total of 19 prescriptions that, for years, I been trying to get them all filled on the same day and it is too complicated for them. I will never recommend them to anyone.

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I have given the pharmacy (Moon Township, PA) numerous times for past bad customer service but I just had enough. I know the pharmacy is busy but I just called to 1/7/18 to verify my prescription was still there because I had a emergency in the family and the pharmacist was so rude, she said she would take care of it and hung up. This is example of the customer service I get at this location. I spend a lot of money at this location to be treated like this. If they are too busy to talk to a customer they need to hire more people. I am really tired of being treated like this. I thought Giant Eagle should know how the customer are being treated. I usually don't go to social media but I just had enough. I know I am not the only person that has complained to the pharmacy but whether the right person got the complaint is to be found out. ONE UNHAPPY CUSTOMER!!!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

When you walk into Giant Eagle the foyer is large, friendly and protective. Then while walking into the store you immediately notice that it's bright, the aisles are wide, there are employees there to greet you and they do.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

The staff are very helpful and go out of their way to show you where the item is that you are looking for. There is clear isles, no items on pallets in the middle of the road.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Giant Eagle Pharmacy?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I like their pharmacy and you can shop while they fill your prescription. Their prices are not but they are open 24 hours. I wish they had a salad bar and a larger selection of ethnic foods.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

They need more cashiers and less self checkout aisles. Also, the meat prices can be somewhat lower. I love animals and their well being and appreciate the opportunity to be able to provide a donation. Thank you!!!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Giant Eagle has quality products, but they are expensive. Their store brand is very good. The store is clean, but their selection has shrunk. Their organic vegetables always nice.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Although Giant Eagle isn't always the cheapest, it is comparable to the other grocery stores in area. Its Fuel Perks program saves us an annual 4-500 dollars a year as you get $0.10 off a gallon of gas for every $50.00 spent.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Giant Eagle has gotten even worse lately with customer service and their rude, and lazy cashiers. Their prices are outrageous in all depts. I was raised going to Giant Eagle but lately, (couple of yrs) I try to avoid them like a plague. I use them as my "run in" store. A pack of cigarettes, quick loaf of bread, that sort of thing.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

The products are well merchandised, fresh and priced competitively. They advertise weekly specials in local media so one knows what's coming up without having to go to the store. If there is a problem, they are quick to resolve it and their 'Fuel Perks' program is a good rewards promo.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Giant Eagle Pharmacy does not care about its customers, especially it's pharmacy customers that are very sick and yes terminally ill. I went to have 2 scripts filled on 9-30-2017 at 11:00 am, was told that it would take 20 minutes to fill, well I had an emergency and came at 2 pm, 3 HOURS AFTER they were dropped off, and they were not ready. Their excuse was they got busy. I was not aware that it took that long to fill 2 scripts, when I dropped them off there was NO-ONE in line for the pharmacy, but they were too busy chatting amongst themselves to fill my scripts not. I am IN end stage renal failure and very sick, I managed to get the strength to go pick the 2 up, SURPRISE they were not ready, I am seriously consider giving CVS my business, because GIANT EAGLE PHARMACY IN PENN HILLS DOES NOT CARE ANYTHING ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS, ESPECIALLY THE TERMINALLY ILL.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Phoned in prescription yesterday. Told would be ready after 12 pm next day. Called today, and checked status. Told they could not find the prescription. Called back and talked to pharmacy (human). Told it would not be ready til after 2 pm. What takes so long with this pharmacy that it takes over 24 hours to honor a request to fill prescriptions? And this happens with every prescription I call in, not a particular one.

Original review: April 21, 2017

I came in with a simple order for an antibiotic from my dentist. I waited over an hour, during which time I was made to wait further as the pharmacists could not obtain clarification of tablets vs capsules on my prescription. No one apologized for the inconvenience but Ken, not Angelina, not the 3rd person (whose name badge I could not see). Angelina was also speaking sarcastically to me during the transaction. And Ken told me to go have a seat, to which I replied "I do not choose to sit. I'll wait here". He insisted I move to the far side of the aisle, which I did as I continued to wait ten more minutes and still no resolve was reached with the tablets vs capsules issue. This was a sad example of care and service to customers who are simply filling a prescription to help them heal.

Original review: April 6, 2017

Most of the time my pills are ready when I go to get them, but sometimes not all the pills are there. Sometimes they have to order them for me to get the full count. They usually come the next day.

Original review: April 3, 2017

The Pharmacy at the Crafton GE is top notch. Never a problem with refills, questions, prices. I simply call their refill line enter some information, Rx. number and they will tell me when it will ready for pickup. 2 service windows so you never have to wait more than a few minutes if at all.

Original review: March 25, 2017

I like being able to ask my pharmacist for advice, even if it means that I don't buy from him. I like that he is honest with me and does not let me MIX my medicines with something potentially harmful, or at least not good for me.

Original review: March 22, 2017

Since I regularly have to refill my prescriptions, I would appreciate if there was some type of situation which better controlled the price than the current system (this circumstance is not a fault of the pharmacy).

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

Giant is always open and their prices are always reasonable for their counter stuff. They have a lot of products.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

The hours don't always fit my needs. Some are only open for a half day on Sunday. Prices are out of line with other retail pharmacies. The time it takes to fill a prescription is outrageous. Most of the pharmacists act as if you are disturbing them when you ask them a question. They don't always answer your questions. Some of the pharmacists ignore you when standing at counter. The average wait time just to get your prescription in the right hands is about 20 to 30 minutes. Then it takes another half hour to get it filled. Then another 15 minutes to get checked out. They could expand on more products to enhance the program. Instead of gas perks they should help those who don't drive. Maybe they could give discounts at register on groceries.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

They were available when I needed them to be in a timeframe that was convenient for most schedules. The pharmacist genuinely seemed to care about my well being and educating me on the medication that I was consuming. They always made sure that I was comfortable with the directions and answered any questions I had. The turnaround time from placing my order to receiving my prescription was typically done within the timeframe I would shop. If I used the drive through it only took about 5 minutes.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2016

Open for easy access at hours that I was able to go, would easily recommend this store to anyone. Please buy from this store. Quality items. Pharmacists know what they're doing, do it quickly, give you the correct medication and what more could you ask for honestly? Perfect knowledge of medications as well. Did not have to wait at all unlike other pharmacies where you must wait in line for hour. No line. Got what I needed and was out within no time. The reward program rewards using a point base system which is great. The more I buy from the store, the more points I earn to save money!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2016

Very help. They know how to treat their customer and provide good feedback to changes asked. They are timely and cordial as well. They provide good customer service and listen. Listening is important because it can prevent many other issues. Most others are too busy with administration. They take time out. They are fast yet cordial, they don't rush you in case you have questions so they definitely take their time to get to your concerns but still provide help. I don't really use the rewards as much but I try to get them as much as possible. They do push the program though. I will try one of these days.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2016

Their hours are extremely flexible and I have never encountered any type of problem relating to the hours. I would definitely recommend. These people know exactly what they are doing. I have never seen a more experienced, well-trained and knowledgeable team of staff to help customers. The wait time is one of, if not the only problem I have encountered throughout this experience. It wasn't awful, but it definitely could have been much better. They offer a great rewards program that is very easy to register for and be a part of. This is a great positive factor to the business.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2016

Their hours are very accommodating so you can get what you need when you need it even during normal off hours. You can also call in so it's ready when you get there. They are very knowledgeable and can answer any questions you have about anything. You can also call in and they have someone who can answer questions over the phone if you need something without going in. The wait times are good and they have multiple staff on hand to handle times when there are lots of customers waiting. Call times are also fast with not much time on hold. The rewards program is good because it can save you money as a repeat customer. The points can be applied to get a discount on your order or saved to completely cover an order.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

Reasonably quick just what the doctor ordered. Plenty of stuff to look at while I waited. Very friendly. The store was clean. Easy to pay for. I did not have any questions but they asked if I had any. Other than that they were clean and kind and friendly they did their job. I did not really notice I had other shopping to do. By the time I was done shopping my prescription was ready and I checked out, I walked out to my car and drove away. This is the first time I used the rewards card so I will let you know in about 10 trips and see if I am happy or not. Usually these things produce ok deals.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

Great hours. It was available to my needs. When my son left the doctors we went straight there to fill prescriptions. There was a small line but not very busy. Many things to choose from to buy. The knowledge was great. Every employee greeted you even as you came in and left the store and the cashier seem to understand what I asked her and was looking for and where to find items. The wait time was ok. They were not busy the time I went there but it was worth the wait. I was in and out in about 20 minutes. The rewards program is very helpful and useful to use. It saves me money on certain products that I may be looking for so it helps.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

Hours are 8 am till 9 pm and they give you good advice on taking the medication. They are pleasant and kind to everyone. They ask and answer any questions you may have and let you know what's best for you. They know what medication to give you when the doctors prescribe medication for your illness and needs. They give you what you have to have to last you for that whole month and refill it when you ask them too. It's not long to wait once they get your prescription from the doctor or you. 10 to 15 minutes at the most. Always depends on if they have it. You can use the rewards to purchase other things you may want to buy and it doesn't cost that much. I would recommend Giant Eagle to anyone that want to shop there.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2016

Open when I need it and I can always shop while waiting for meds or prescription refills. The pharmacy will accept computer prescriptions from my doctor every time. Have never had a issue with any prescription and the pharmacist is always willing to offer a cheaper generic drug that is just as effective as a name brand type. If there is ever a time I have to wait a long period of time, one half hour or so, it gives me time to shop the store and get whatever other items I might need.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

Their hours are great. They are open from my knowledge 24/7, which is great because I can go there anytime I need. They are open a lot more than other businesses. They have a lot of knowledge in everything. Their customer service knew everything I asked. It was really helpful to me and helping me understand everything. The wait time wasn't long at all, in fact it really only took a couple minutes for me to get through to customer service. I'd say better than most places. Their reward program is great and I got a lot back for what I spent. I was really happy with it all overall. They have different choices for the reward program also which was great.

Giant Eagle Pharmacy expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Giant Eagle Pharmacy offers consumers convenient options when it comes to filling and refilling prescriptions and specialty pharmacy needs. The company even offers refills for pet medication refills and contact lenses. Giant Eagle makes managing prescriptions easy with its online portal and offers savings on generic medications.

• Online portal: Consumers can create an account with Giant Eagle’s online pharmacy portal and manage their prescriptions from anywhere with Internet access. The online portal offers a quick way to refill prescriptions with their “Refill Now” section. Consumers can browse pharmacy locations, savings and weekly sales.

• Prescription home delivery: Giant Eagle offers home delivery for customers who have difficulty leaving their houses. Each delivery is brought by an employee of the pharmacy, which ensures that personal information remains confidential. Giant Eagle offers free next day delivery. Refill requests received before 10:00 a.m. will be delivered on the same day and refills requested after 10:00 a.m. will be delivered the next day.

• Specialty pharmacy: Giant Eagle has aURAC-accredited specialty online pharmacy that can support customers with complex therapy needs. The specialty pharmacy can make sure medications are scheduled and delivered on time to consumers with diseases that require treatment plans, such as cancer, hepatitis C and rheumatoid arthritis.

• Pet medication: Consumers can get their pet's prescriptions, such as flea and tick medication and arthritis and pain management medication filled online. Customers can ask for a full list of pet medications offered by Giant Eagle.

• Text alerts: Customers with Giant Eagle Pharmacy can sign up for text alerts to let them know when it is time to refill a prescription and when a prescription is ready. They can also sign up for pick-up reminders. Signing up is easy and requires a prescription number, mobile number, name, date of birth and email address.

• Accreditation: Giant Eagle is accredited by the ACHC and also holds accreditation by the URAC for its Specialty Pharmacy services.

• Best for: consumers looking for convenient options for refilling prescriptions.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs