Everlywell

Everlywell Reviews

Overall Rating1.6 out of 5

About Everlywell Reviews

Everlywell is a health and wellness company that provides at-home lab testing kits and digital results for consumers. Instead of going to the doctor or health care provider to administer a test, you can order a kit online, perform the test at home and send it to a lab for results. You can order at-home test kits for various symptoms and conditions, such as thyroid issues, food sensitivity, fertility, STDs and COVID-19.

Pros & Cons

Pros

• Confidential testing
  • Results delivered to your device
  • 30+ at-home tests available

Cons

• Does not replace medical treatment
  • Can be pricey

Bottom Line

Everlywell test kits might not be affordable for every budget, but the physician-reviewed results from a test performed at home are highly convenient and can provide confidential answers to your health questions.

What is Everlywell?

Everlywell is a health and wellness company and it's kits come with easy-to-follow instructions, kit registration for physician review, sterile collection tools and prepaid return shipping. Everything you need to perform the test at home is provided. After you mail the kit back, the company sends the results to your phone, tablet or computer within a few days.

You can download the report and share it with your doctor or caregivers. The results are determined by a Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments-approved lab and reviewed by a physician in your state.

Upon receiving your results, you also get a detailed explanation, insights into your health and advice on how you can improve your levels. Clinical customer support is available if you have further questions.

What does Everlywell test for?

Popular tests include vitamin D levels, inflammation, thyroid levels and metabolism.

Other common tests check for cholesterol levels, STDs, Lyme disease, food sensitivity and fertility. On the company’s website, you can find detailed information about each test, who should take it, what it measures, how it works and what the results indicate.

If you’re not sure which test to take, you can also search by symptoms to find out which test the company suggests. You can order tests separately or save money by signing up for a subscription. The company accepts HSA and FSA payments.

How much does Everlywell cost?

Everlywell offers a variety of different tests at different costs. Below, we’ve charted out some of its most popular tests and their costs.

TestPrice
Colon cancer screening$49
Food sensitivity comprehensive test$249

Everlywell FAQ

Is Everlywell accurate?

Everlywell test results are reported by CLIA-approved labs that must follow specific regulations for testing.

How long does it take to get Everlywell results?

Everlywell results are returned within a few business days of when you mail your test kit back. Turnaround times can vary between tests.

Does insurance cover Everlywell?

Insurance does not cover Everlywell tests. You can use FSA or HSA funds to pay for Everlywell.

How does the Everlywell food sensitivity test work?

The Everlywell food sensitivity test measures your body’s immune response to 96 different foods. It measures the IgG (immunoglobulin) reactivity. The food sensitivity test is not an allergy test.

Is Everlywell legit?

While kits from Everlywell can be pricey, the tests are designed to be performed in your home at your convenience. For those who can’t get to a health care provider or don’t have health insurance, the test kits provide an alternate way to access answers about your health, but the tests do not replace professional medical treatment. If you are looking for an accessible, simple and quick way to check your symptoms, an Everlywell test could be the place to start.

Everlywell Reviews

ConsumerAffairs has collected 13 reviews and 30 ratings.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Everlywell?
Customer ServiceCoverage

Reviewed Sept. 21, 2023

I was having side effects from a ** I was taking to control cholesterol. So I stopped taking it to see if indeed the side effects would stop. I went to fish oil and other natural ways to control cholesterol. I wanted to monitor my cholesterol once a month to see how it was changing. I bought 3 tests for $50 each from Everlywell. Waited a month after stopping the statin and took the first test. Finally got an email saying there was a problem with the test. They sent me a free replacement test. Ok, now 1.5 months. Took it again, being very careful to follow the directions to the letter.

Another email saying there was a problem with how the test was taken. I exchanged a few emails with them, asking what is/was the problem. No answer to that. I took a 3rd test adding more blood thinking maybe that was not enough for the test. Within 3 hours after I dropped it in the mail and after asking several times with no answers, I got an email from them saying I was sending too much blood. Great. I just Fasted, Pricked My Finger and followed all steps once again, for a 3rd time, to the letter and now they finally tell me too much blood. Got another email after another week saying the sample was improperly collected. And 2 plus months since I stopped my statin and no results.

To add insult to injury, they love to send annoying emails. I'm done with them. Not sure I'd trust the results even if I got some at this point. Out $150 bucks. I do have one remaining test at home as they had sent me the one replacement. I will open it tomorrow, put it in their return bag and address label and will return it. I did ask to return kits at one point for a refund and I could if I jumped thru some hoops and the refund would be $15 less to cover shipping costs, so, maybe $35 if there was not some other deduction I did not know about. Not worth the effort to me. Very frustrating and No Results. I'm back on my statin. Thanks EverlyWell.

Reviewed June 30, 2023

You pay $170 online, you wait, package arrives, you prepare for your test following a long list of instructions and videos. Then you get to the Blood sample and nothing works, you now have used part of the test items but can't continue. What a joke, then contacting this company they HAVE NO CONTACT, just a Robo form with useless help and last another form to fill out.

Thanks for your vote! Report

Get buying tips about Health Products and Supplements delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed June 9, 2023

I mailed an item using a merchant provided label. When I attempted to track it I received this message: "Tracking Not Displayed. Tracking information will not be displayed because this package was shipped with counterfeit postage. Please contact the merchant or seller with any questions." I think this is shocking and my name is now permanently linked by the USPS with counterfeit postage. The USPS did deliver the package and Everlywell claimed they processed it and a result was available online, but frankly I doubt the validity of the test after seeing the USPS say the label was counterfeit.

Reviewed May 24, 2023

I took the heart health cholesterol test. I wanted to see if I had made improvements since my blood draw from the doctor earlier in the year. The results came back with a total cholesterol of 305 and triglycerides at 206. Both numbers were way higher than I had ever had so I went back to my doctor within days of receiving the results and they did another blood draw. My cholesterol was 215 and my triglycerides were 116. I could see the results being slightly off, but this was a huge difference! I will never do a mail in finger prick blood test again. Lesson learned.

Features

Reviewed May 10, 2023

The FIT test is age restricted to people 45 years and older, despite this not being plainly expressed on the packaging. All in all a waste of money & time when all I was looking for was peace of mind. As someone who has a family history I wanted to start screening early. Apparently that's not an option.

Reviewed Jan. 5, 2023

I was notified my password, and therefore my sensitive personal information, was exposed due to the lack of security on Everlywell's website. They are a scam of a company. It took literally over one month for the results of my Food Sensitivity Test to come in, when they gave me at MOST a timeline of 14 days. After I emailed for a refund, they magically sent me my results and only promised half a refund. The results were completely inaccurate, probably not even mine. Absolutely nothing matched the doctor's office results I eventually got in the meantime due to the long wait with Everlywell. Do not go forward with this company.

Reviewed Jan. 1, 2023

I followed the directions EXACTLY for the Sleep and stress test. I received an automated email that the lab was unable to process. It stated I needed to reply to the message. I did so immediately. I received another automated response to that email. No answer for a couple of days so I sent another email to the customer service email address - there is no other way to contact them! I received another automated email response.

Two days later I received another email stating the lab is unable to process my test and that I need to reply to this email - implying that I had not responded to the first email!! I replied again and once again the exact same automated response. There appears to be no other way to contact them and so you are at the mercy of human-less system. This is terrible service with no recourse - and this is a test to measure stress!!!!

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2022

Do not use this test thinking you are going to get any results at all. In my opinion it's a total scam. They test for 3 hormones and tell you "great news you're in the range". The range is larger than what a doctor would use. The numbers were incorrect because I had my doctor run my numbers for the EXACT same hormones and they were totally different. He even agreed I wasted my money. You are better off going to your doctor and running a full complete metabolic panel through insurance. This test will not set you up on a weight loss journey or give you any guidance.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupSales & MarketingOnline & App

Reviewed Feb. 15, 2022

I am writing this review for one reason only - the tests are misleading. I purchased this set to learn what foods I was sensitive to. What I didn't know was that it would only show results for foods that I ate regularly. I didn't know this until I received my results and written across the top of the document, highlighted in green, is that the test only takes note of foods you regularly eat.

I searched the website for notes about this and found only one - buried in the FAQs. In the instructions it does 'recommend' that you eat the foods you are concerned about for 2-4 weeks before the test but that is only a recommendation. Furthermore, the website doesn't not let me write a review. Many other people noted this misleading problem but still gave the product a 4 or 5 so I am wondering if Everlywell only posts positive reviews. I reached out to Everlywell and received an email back pointing to me to the one mention buried in the FAQs. AND according to them, out of 260 foods, I only have a light sensitivity to almonds. Which I know is patently untrue. DON'T buy this and tell all your friends not to buy it. They are scam artists and should be ashamed of themselves.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Feb. 1, 2022

I ordered the Food Sensitivity Comprehensive Test in December 2021. I read the entire website description and "Questions" section at the bottom of that page. I also read the prep emails, including the "Don't collect your sample before reading this!" email. Only AFTER I took the test and received the results did Everlywell state on the results page, with an (!): "This Food Sensitivity Test only detects foods that you have consumed recently." The website description states that 204 common foods are tested, but does not state that it only tests "regularly-eaten" foods, as was emailed to me today after I contacted Everlywell about this issue. I explained that had they been upfront about that, I would have prepared differently for the test. I asked for a refund or a replacement sent now that I know more than what is INCLUDED on their web page for this test.

They refused and were actually quite condescending. Their advertisement and instructions are misleading and lacking in information. Additionally, the test results stated that I have a reaction to one food: bell peppers. I absolutely hate bell peppers and that is most certainly not a "regularly-eaten" food and most definitely not something in my diet over the prior month. I would not recommend this company and especially not that test to anyone.

Everlywell Company Information