3.8/5 (289 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Amelia York
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Byte

Byte makes clear plastic aligners to help customers straighten their teeth with no office visits. Certified dentists and orthodontists design treatment plans and monitor progress remotely. Patients see results in an average of two to six months. Byte offers financing options with 100% approval for both its all-day and nighttime-only aligners. Order an impression kit risk-free; if you aren’t a good candidate, Byte refunds the price.

Pros

• Short treatment plans
  • 100% approval for financing
  • Nighttime-only option
  • Lifetime guarantee

Cons

• Not everyone is a candidate
  • Nighttime aligners are pricier

Bottom Line

Byte's costs are on the higher end, but the company approves 100% of applicants for financing. Treatment times are short, and the company guarantees results for life.

Byte Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Byte?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Byte?

Original review: July 23, 2022

I like many others had a good experience in the beginning, only to go downhill the longer the treatment went on. My first set fit and felt great. The aligners extended around my molars and felt strong and well made. After about 8 weeks they did an evaluation of progress and determined my teeth weren't tracking as expected and did another impression to adjust treatment. The new aligners seemed to be made with cheaper materials and didn't extend around the molars, making them weaker. Since they were cheaper and weaker, they stretched and my teeth didn't track correctly. I tried to get them to give me better aligners but they said they were made correctly and refused. They also said they had different manufacturers and couldn't control which would actually make them. They also said that my impressions were the reason they didn't extend around molars.

I kept wearing them, but my teeth were not moving correctly. When I got the next box, they were magically made correctly, extending around molar, even though they used the same impressions as previous. Since they were stronger, they really made my teeth hurt because they hadn't tracked in previous set. It took a month to get anyone to listen and finally make new impressions. But then I was back to the same problem of cheaply made aligners, only worse. They used less material and some were J shaped, covering more teeth on one side than the other. Again, they said they were made correctly and refused to remake them.

A few weeks later I ended up needing a root canal. I believe the poorly made aligners added to the problem. Now they are refusing to update my treatment plan until I provide them with a Official treatment plan from dentist with official company letterhead. I do not have this document. I sent them the email with all the details or findings and treatment, just no letterhead. Still waiting weeks to get any kind of response. I am so disgusted with this company, poor product and customer service.

Original review: July 16, 2022

Similar to many complaints, support is incredibly frustrating. I should have seen this as getting an orthodontist to speak over the phone from the beginning is incredibly difficult, but seems to be nearly impossibly once you submit payment/start service. Phone/Chat support are useless for getting anything more than a basic FAQ, and point to email support, which has you running in circles. Do not waste your time with this organization.

Byte response

Hi Italo, we appreciate your feedback. We are sorry to hear this has been your experience so far. We understand your frustrations and apologize for the delays in communication. We are currently working hard to help every customer as soon as possible. While we understand these wait times are not ideal and take all of your feedback into consideration as it is of utmost importance to us. However, due to an increase in volume, we are witnessing longer response times. We are hoping to reduce the wait time in the upcoming days and appreciate your patience. Should you need an update on your most recent request we are happy to look further into it. Please send us a direct message on one of our social accounts like Facebook or Instagram for further review.

Original review: July 15, 2022

Thank you to the representative who has helped me out. This is the best customer service I have ever had. I originally tried getting liners with Smile Direct. But they gave me the worst service I have ever experienced. I couldn't find anyone to talk to or help me. Coming to you guys was the best decision I have ever made Thanks for all the help, and fast responses. You're on top of it, keep it up!!! I hope your manager reads this and acknowledges your hard work. You deserve it!!!

Byte response

Hi Dayaneira, thank you for this awesome review! We are so happy to hear our team supported you all the way through which ultimately led you to purchase! We are so excited for you and hope to keep the rest of your experience good! Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, we are standing by for support.

Original review: July 5, 2022

I started my Byte journey in 2020 and it is now 2022... I initially found Byte online and was impressed by the reviews, so I decided to try them because I wanted to fix my teeth. When I ordered the kit in April 2020, the customer service was AMAZING. The representatives were responsive and prompt. I got my first set of trays and everything was going ok until it was time for them to send my second round of trays. From there everything went downhill... I was supposed to get my second set in August.

I called them and let them know that I would be moving and gave them my new address, never received my trays. I moved to a different state and there was no way possible for me to get my aligners. I kept calling and emailing them back and they kept saying that they were not ready. I literally had to wear the same trays until October when they sent out the new trays. When I got the new trays none of them fit literally. It was 10 weeks of trays and they were all horrible and falling out of my mouth.

These trays that were sent out were different from the original trays I received, when comparing them, these were cheap and actually looked completely different. I contacted them again. The responses got slower. I had to keep leaving voicemails. I was so annoyed. When I finally got in contact with them they said I had to wait another 6-8 weeks for new trays. I did not get my new trays until April 2021. I had my old trays so long that I lost one and when I asked for a replacement I was told I would have to pay $175. Really?? I've been wearing the same tray for weeks and due to their error and wanted to charge me that amount for one tray.

I finally got my new trays months later and they actually fit and I thought I could finally get my teeth where they needed to be. I had to stop using my trays because now my jaw is locking, when I'm eating I have to open my mouth wide due to chewing my jaw locks up. My jaw is continuously locked, as I talk my jaw clicks, brushing my teeth is a hassle and painful, and I'm literally back at square one with my teeth. I can say this has been a horrible experience with potentially permanent effects on my mouth and everyday activities. Just choose somewhere else, it's really not worth it.

Byte response

Hi Nyasha, we appreciate your feedback. We can understand your frustrations and we apologize for the delays. We understand these wait times are not ideal and take all of your feedback into consideration as it is of its utmost importance to us. However, due to an increase in volume, we are witnessing longer response times. We are hoping to reduce your wait time in the upcoming days and appreciate your patience. We want to look into your concerns and do what we can to help. You can send us a message on Facebook or Instagram. We are standing by for support!

Original review: June 30, 2022

I texted back and forth with Taylor. She was amazing! Very kind and patient! I work in customer care and I know how hard it can be but she really went above and beyond for me! She did not ask me to do a survey at all. I asked if I could leave her a survey! She deserves coffee, lunch, or a gift card!

Byte response

Hi Auktobher, thank you for this amazing review! We are so happy to hear Taylor took such great care of you! We want to make each step of the treatment process easy and provide the best support to our customers. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns throughout!

Original review: June 29, 2022

Customer service is non-existent, you can't call them anymore and it takes them a week to respond to your emails. Byte caused an open bite on my back molars since I started them 1.5 years ago, and they have been giving me the run around for over 6 months now. They tell me "wear them only at night for a few weeks" then tell me "stop wearing them completely for a few weeks" and just rotate back and forth between this while claiming my open bite will fix its self over time. it hasn't gotten any better in the last 6 months and they won't let me move forward with having new molds made for new trays. I have sent photo after photo and video after video and I'm getting nowhere.

Byte response

Hello Ashley, we want to look into your concerns and do what we can to help. Because we are a remote treatment company, things like pictures and descriptions of current issues allow our teams to best assist. Please send us a direct message on Facebook or Instagram. We are standing by for support & look forward to connecting!

Original review: June 25, 2022

I was first very excited with the company and its guarantees. I had a small issue with my hyperbyte and it was replaced with no problem. Well I got in a bad car accident that caused me to lose a tooth. I've been going back and forth since early May and still no solution. I asked to do a new impression since I'm missing a tooth and can no longer use the aligners I have. I submitted all needed paperwork multiple times about work done and an X-ray showing the missing tooth. Every time I receive an e-mail I'm either asked for the same info again or they randomly bring up something else out of the blue that's need. I've asked for a partial refund and was told no. I feel completely taken advantage of by people that choose not to do their job. Also the phone line has been down since mid-May. Every time I call it directs me to the website to speak with customer service. The Byte for life guarantee is a joke.

Byte response

Hello Lacourtney, we can understand your frustrations. We want every customer to get the smile we promised in the safest way possible. Because we are a remote treatment company, things like pictures and descriptions of current issues allow our teams to best assist. Every customer is covered for additional adjustments at no extra cost as long as treatment guidelines have been followed. We want to look into your concerns and do what we can to help. Please send us a direct message on Facebook or Instagram. We are standing by for support & look forward to connecting! We are standing by for support!

Original review: June 24, 2022

The salesperson was really great at their job. They made me think that this company had superb customer support. That's how they get you. Once you get your aligners, it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to reach them for help. They used to let us connect by video, but they removed that option without a word. Now, if you try to call them, no matter what time of day, you get a recording saying due to high call volume you need to request support online. Then they hang up on you. Yes, the price is right, but the support is WRONG.

Byte response

Hello Shelley, we are happy to assist with your concern, please note that our sales team supports you through your purchase while our support and clinical team assists you with any aligner troubleshooting. We apologize for the wait. We want to look into your concerns and do what we can to help. Please send us a direct message on Facebook or Instagram. We are standing by for support & looking forward to connecting soon!

Original review: June 24, 2022

I have been completely ghosted by customer support upon having issues with my treatment plan. I have tried unsuccessfully for over a month to get a single response from your care team (phone, text and email). What I was sold from a service stand point is not what is being experienced which is highly concerning. I honestly feel like I was scammed by your company at this point.

Byte response

Hi Holly, we are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience so we appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback. We want every customer to feel supported throughout the whole Byte journey. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Please send us a direct message on Facebook or Instagram. We are standing by for support!

Original review: June 13, 2022

They spent lots of time trying to get me to buy that product. Have had terrible with the aligners and customer support since. I've had my aligners for 1 year. Nothing but problems and not even half way done through my treatment. Multiple reorders, backtracks, and inferior customer service. Look elsewhere!

Byte response

Hi Ross, we are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience so we appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback. Our goal is to make sure that our customers have an enjoyable experience through every part of the process. We stand by our product and services to ensure each customer achieves the projected end goal in the safest way possible. While some treatment plans may take longer than others or require some adjustments to their plan since everyones anatomy is different and will reflect results at a different rate. We will provide professional assistance to ensure we get customers the results promised. Please reach out to us at patient.byte.com/support or send us a direct message on Facebook or Instagram so that we can further address any concerns you are experiencing. We look forward to connecting.

Original review: June 7, 2022

I got to the 6th aligner and it did not fit. No help from customer service. l feel like I wasted my time and money. I requested a refund and have yet to hear from them. I should have followed my instinct and not pay in full.

Byte response

Hi Aba, we want to do everything to ensure each customer progresses well and feels supported through each step. It's important to make sure that we can address these concerns and do what we can to help as soon as possible. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST or send us a direct message through Facebook and our team would be happy to assist. Let's make sure you are being taken care of!

Original review: June 7, 2022

I received one on one care that allowed me to explain my situation and be heard with a very bubbly conversation in between! Byte was always easy to use but now they have improved their company with an app and even better customer service!

Byte response

We are so excited for you, Alina! From start to finish, our team is ready and available to get you on track, check that progress, and get you to those final results!

Original review: May 30, 2022

I initially was quite pleased with Byte and the stellar customer service I received prior to making the purchase. After is a completely different story. My aligners have no been fitting for the last 6 weeks, and something is clearly wrong, but I have gotten short responses by different people just asking for more information, a week apart. This is horrible customer service. My bite is completely screwed up and my back teeth and front teeth are no longer touching. These people clearly don’t know what they are doing. I wish that I had spent the extra money to purchase Invisalign so I could be reassured that those who actually know what they are doing would be checking up on my teeth through the process. My bite has been completely destroyed and I have yet to get any real answers from anyone. Beware before using this company! Once they take your money, the follow through is deplorable.

Byte response

Hi Ashley. At Byte, we want to make sure each customer is getting to their new smile in the safest and best way possible. If any questions arise regarding the fit of aligners, that is where our Professional Care Team comes in. Sometimes teeth are more stubborn than we expected and take longer to move. Each customer has the option to schedule a phone or video call through their customer portal with our Professional Care Team. Our team should be sending you check-in emails every 2 weeks to make sure everything is progressing as projected. Those emails can sometimes get stuck in a junk or spam folder. If you haven't been seeing those emails, let's check that out right away. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST or send us a direct message through Facebook and our team would be happy to assist. Let's make sure you are being taken care of!

Original review: May 27, 2022

I was a bit skeptical at first but this was amazing, from the start! They sent the impression kit and it was super simple to administer and ship back. They send the aligners in phases, keeping track of your progress along the way. Everything is easily accessible online and communications were on point! I highly recommend this over other companies. They hyperbyte is a game changer!

Byte response

Bindi, thank you for the great and honest review! We do what we can to make the byte process as smooth as possible, from the moment you complete your impressions to the day we send out the retainers.

Resolution response: June 6, 2022

Somebody from the professional care team has contacted me and we are currently working it out.

Original review: May 25, 2022

During the onboarding process, customer service was excellent and timely. They were very friendly and wanted to get me in their aligners ASAP. However, if the first set of aligners do not end up working perfectly for you, it goes downhill quickly from there. If the first set of aligners do not straighten your teeth to your satisfaction, you have to submit a customer service request to them for another set of aligners; however, you probably won't get your new aligners for well over a month after you submit your request. Furthermore, customer service goes from top-notch during onboarding to absolute garbage during remediation requests.

I was initially quoted 3 months for my entire treatment and it's been over a year now and my teeth are still not straight. It's been over a month since I submitted a request for my FOURTH set of aligners and they're still telling me to wait another week just for a response to my request. I'm so frustrated at this point that I just want a refund and seek treatment with a traditional orthodontist but they told me they don't do refunds so BUYER BEWARE. If BYTE aligners do not straighten your teeth out in the first iteration, just know it'll be hell dealing with the company from there. I regret having tried Byte and not pursuing treatment with a traditional orthodontist despite the higher costs.

Byte response

Hi Michael. At Byte, We are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience so we appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback. We know how important communication is and we always strive to be open and transparent. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. If at any time you are unable to connect with our team send us a direct message through Facebook and our team would be happy to assist. Please give us a call and let's make sure you are being taken care of!

Original review: May 23, 2022

The agents helped me out and they was excellent. Every question I had was answered and very helpful. I would and will definitely recommend Byte to people because they actually help the customers and they go above and beyond. I love it so much. Anything I have a problem with they will make sure to help me.

Byte response

Hello Olga! Thanks for your amazing review! Our priority at Byte is to make each customer treatment as simple, smooth, and supportive as possible. Please reach out if you have any further questions or comments.

Original review: May 21, 2022

Great customer service! Product really works. I am only on step 14 of 21 and there is an HUGE difference in the smile. I would never have started using Byte if my teeth looked the way they do now. Looking forward to seeing what my smile will look like after step 21!

Byte response

This is so exciting, Sara! We are thrilled to hear that you are already noticing a difference. We are here for you through it all, so any time you have a question- give us a call at 877-298-3669 and our team would be happy to help. Thank you for choosing Byte!

Original review: May 21, 2022

I been using Byte for 8 weeks now and man!! When I tell you the results so far are impeccable, believe me. I can’t wait to finish my whole treatment. I recommend this to anyone who want to straighten their teeth.

Byte response

Hi Arlette! Thanks for your review. Our priority at Byte is to make each customer treatment as simple, smooth, and supportive as possible. Please reach out if you have any further questions or comments!

Original review: May 19, 2022

Everything was off to a good start, but then I ran out of aligners. It took them about six weeks to send new ones. Then the new ones ran out and I have had to roll back six weeks of treatment because the aligners are cracking from what I am guessing is wearing so much. The biggest complaint is no customer support, I promise. Just email their support before you purchase. I have had zero responses via email or phone now for six weeks. Only automated replies. Save your money. Go elsewhere.

Byte response

Hi Arthur, we are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience so we appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback. We want every customer to feel supported throughout the whole Byte journey. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. If at any time you are unable to connect with our team send us a direct message through Facebook and our team would be happy to assist. Please give us a call and let's make sure you are being taken care of!

Original review: May 7, 2022

Shawn was very helpful and answered my concerns professionally. Thank you for much for your help. I was concerned about the final aligners and the fit. I no longer have any concerns. I am very pleased with the service and my results. I am looking forward to my final results and my new improved smile!

Byte response

Hey Robert! Our goal is to make sure that our customers are receiving the support and care they need throughout treatment. We are so happy to hear that about our team. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us!

Original review: May 6, 2022

Jamie in customer service was absolutely amazing on the phone. True asset to the company. She quickly assessed, triaged and took care of me all in one phone call. Amazingly efficient. Progress on the product itself is going well and I'm liking the results!

Byte response

Hey Jeremy, thank you for sharing feedback on your interaction with the agent. We strive to give our customers the best support we can when they reach out for assistance and appreciate hearing how we are doing!

Original review: May 1, 2022

I finished my set of aligners on February 21, 2022. It was a fast process because my bite wasn't complicated: a small overbite and a gap between my front teeth. It should have been an easy fix. However, I realized that Byte's treatment plan had caused my front teeth to meet edge-to-edge, and my back teeth not longer met at all. It made eating and living my daily life very difficult. I contacted them via email. They are always very slow to respond, but when they finally did, they recommended I take ibuprofen. I had to explain *again* that pain was not the issue. The issue was that my teeth and bite no longer functioned properly. After another LONG wait, they had me upload photos and videos of my ruined bite. They asked that I go with no aligners for two weeks and then send them more photos and videos. I did that.

Since that time, they have asked me to upload photos and videos after every single email I send them, even inquiries about how much longer it's going to take for them to answer the previous email! It has been three months since my initial complaint, and absolutely no progress has been made. They just keep asking me to send photos of my upper and lower teeth. Every time I take new photos and send them, and they tell me they'll review the photos and provide further instructions. And yet, here I am. Back to nearly where I started in the whole process. (I had to go all the way back to week 8 aligners on both top and bottom.)

Do not spend money with this company. Their customer service is slow to respond, and it doesn't seem as if anyone in the customer care team has any kind of dental training. I was even able to explain the issue after looking at the 3D model of my teeth/progress plan and what they'd done to my mouth. I honestly believe they make most of their money by providing such poor service most people just give up after a while. It's no wonder they don't offer refunds, given their utter incompetence in both dental practice and customer service.

Byte response

Gregory, we hear your concerns and frustrations- At Byte, we know how important communication is and we always strive to be open and transparent, we are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience so we appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback. Our goal is to make sure that our customers have an enjoyable experience through every part of the process. Sometimes teeth are more stubborn than we expected and take longer to move. Customers can also schedule a phone or video conference at any point during treatment through their customer portal. Our team should be sending check-in emails every 2 weeks to make sure everything is progressing as projected. Those emails can sometimes get stuck in a junk or spam folder. If you haven't been seeing those emails, let's check that out right away. We would love to look deeper into this and chat more about any questions or concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST or send us a direct message through Facebook and our team would be happy to assist. Let's make sure you are being taken care of! We look forward to connecting soon.

Original review: April 29, 2022

Professional company, great customer service, and very helpful support team. The product of this company has very good quality. I would recommend to anyone, for any ages. Hopefully in a few weeks I will have beautiful smile. Also price much less than any other orthodontist office.

Byte response

Hey Natalia, thank you for sharing your experience with us! Please reach out if we can assist in any other way. You can reach us at patient.byte.com/support or by phone at 877-298-3669.

Original review: April 23, 2022

Ever since I chose to engage the Professional Care Meeting route, I learned more of the whys of the treatment stages and became a better team player on my way to achieving that great smile. Shawn B. is professional and courteous, and so kind and patient!

Byte response

Gary, Thank you for that review! We are glad the team was able to provide more insight. We are standing by for support if you have any concerns.

Original review: April 23, 2022

I was expecting to speak with my dentist but I'm not even sure who the person was who I spoke with. They did not turn their camera on which was disappointing. My concern was about the space in my mouth. This was ignored and a different view discussed.

Original review: April 21, 2022

Good- my teeth are moving although slowly. Bad- customer service. I call the customer service number and provide photos of my aligners and they give me advice. 5 or 6 days later I get an email from the Professional Care Team and they tell me something different. I have had to take 3 different impressions and received 3 different sets of aligners. None of which I have been able to get all the way through. I am now waiting on my 4th impression kit. So far this process has taken 4-5 times longer than it should have.

Byte response

Hey Chris, We want to make sure each customer is getting to their new smile in the safest and best way possible. Sometimes teeth are more stubborn than we expected and take longer to move so our Professional Care Team will advise different options than the Customer Support team previously advised. We want to make sure every customer has all the information they need to continue moving forward through treatment, if you still have questions or concerns we would be happy to look into that right away. Customers can schedule a phone or video conference with our Professional Care Team at any point through their customer portal. Our Customer Care team is also available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. Please give us a call and let's make sure you are being taken care of.

Original review: April 19, 2022

Horrible company. You are better off with Smile Direct or Invisalign. This company is hard to reach, always unavailable, always giving ** stories and refused to give me a refund. I’ve been trying to get my refund since the beginning of April and it is now April 20 and I have not still received a refund nor an update on my account. I will never recommend this company to no one. Don’t waste your time nor money.

Original review: April 16, 2022

I have been a part of the Byte Family for several months now. They are the best!!! Best customer service!!!!! They are the very personal and want to make sure everyone who is with Byte has a beautiful and promising smile. Would highly recommend them for a beautiful smile.

Byte response

Hi Richard, we are so happy to hear everything has been amazing so far! Here at Byte we want to provide the best experience for our customers with our product and service. So excited for you!

Original review: April 15, 2022

I’ve always been told I couldn’t fix my teeth with aligners, so when I got approved I was so happy!! I’m 5 weeks in and I can already see my teeth getting straighter! I’m so happy and can’t wait to see the final results.

Byte response

Hi Victoria, thank you for the amazing review! We are so excited to hear this and we can't wait either!

Original review: April 13, 2022

It has so far been a wonderful experience, I referred a friend who got her retainers and we are both very satisfied so far. The aligners fit perfect and I love the Brite Byte. Overall I have no complaints. Thank you.

Byte response

Hey Jessica, thank you for this awesome review! We are so happy to hear everything has been going great so far. We are standing by for support if you have any questions!

Byte Company Information