3.8/5 (289 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Amelia York
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Byte

Byte makes clear plastic aligners to help customers straighten their teeth with no office visits. Certified dentists and orthodontists design treatment plans and monitor progress remotely. Patients see results in an average of two to six months. Byte offers financing options with 100% approval for both its all-day and nighttime-only aligners. Order an impression kit risk-free; if you aren’t a good candidate, Byte refunds the price.

Pros

• Short treatment plans
  • 100% approval for financing
  • Nighttime-only option
  • Lifetime guarantee

Cons

• Not everyone is a candidate
  • Nighttime aligners are pricier

Bottom Line

Byte's costs are on the higher end, but the company approves 100% of applicants for financing. Treatment times are short, and the company guarantees results for life.

Byte Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Byte?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Byte?

Original review: March 29, 2022

Only 3 weeks in and I can see and feel the difference in my smile! Byte is easy, durable, and a dependable solution to fixing your smile! And who can forget the price point! A cheaper solution with affordable payment options! I would recommend this to anyone looking to correct their teeth!

Byte response

Just like that, Kayleen! Sweet review, thank you .

Original review: March 29, 2022

Please, please do not use this. I am not a customer, I am a victim now. Put my money down, got everything sorted out, then it was time to get my retainers. Started on week one, 2nd day my top retainer cracked. I called and they told me to go to the next weeks retainer (week 2). After one night, my 2nd retainer cracked in almost the same spot. When it was time for them to take my payment out of my bank, they were certainly okay with taking it, even though I had not received any services, my teeth were not making any progress. Now I have to send pictures via email and week forever for them to get back to me. I am not happy.

Byte response

Tyler, Our goal is to make sure that our customers have an enjoyable experience through every part of the process. If there are any concerns regarding the progression or quality of the aligners, our Professional Care Team is here to help. Customers can schedule a phone or video conference at any point during treatment through their customer portal. We recommend this if there are any lasting questions or concerns. We want to make sure that we can address these concerns and do what we can to help as soon as possible. Please give our team a call at (877) 298-3669 so that we can look into this further, we're standing by for support.

Original review: March 29, 2022

My first bottom aligner cracked in the middle after one week of wear. I was very careful with taking them in and out, as well as storing them while eating and drinking so this was disappointing given the cost. I also experienced long wait times (2-4 days) to get a response from Byte support. When I did get responses I received conflicting information regarding use of HyperByte while pregnant. It was confusing and did not make me feel confident in the Byte team’s knowledge to manage my treatment.

Byte response

Jessica, we appreciate your feedback and want to do everything to ensure each customer progresses well and feels supported through each step. If there are any concerns regarding progression or quality of the aligners, our Professional Care Team is here to help. Customers can schedule a phone or video conference at any point during treatment through their customer portal. We recommend this if there are any lasting questions or concerns. It is important to us to get every customer to their new smile in a quick and safe way. Please reach out to us at support@byteme.com or give our team a call at (877) 298-3669 to further address any concerns you are experiencing. We look forward to connecting.

Original review: March 29, 2022

Very unhappy that since my insurance won’t approve my Byte treatment, I was given a promo code for a discount. I mentioned it literally less than 5 minutes after giving my payment information and then now they can no longer honor it. Such a bummer. Feels like you just took my money and don’t care. I couldn’t care less about a free item to make up for it.

Byte response

Hello Kim, we want to do everything to ensure each customer progresses well and feels supported through each step. It's important to make sure that we can address these concerns and do what we can to help as soon as possible. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. Please give us a call and let's make sure you are being taken care of!

Original review: March 29, 2022

Overall pretty happy with this process. My only complaint would be that every retainer I have received needs heavily filed before wearing unless I want my gums to bleed. After filing them they wear a lot easier. I am also disappointed that I did not receive the other bottle of whitener that was promised when I returned my kit.

Byte response

Hi Jamie, we want to do everything to ensure each customer progresses well and feels supported through each step. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. Please give us a call and let's make sure you are being taken care of!

Original review: March 29, 2022

I love my Byte aligners! Super easy to use and everyone I have talked to has been super nice and helpful and can answer my questions too! I also love that they whiten your teeth while doing your aligner treatment. I was on my third week of treatment but could already tell a difference in the color of my teeth! Would highly recommend to others!

Byte response

Hi Destiny! We are so excited to hear this, thank you for writing in and sharing! Please do not hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions!

Original review: March 29, 2022

It usually takes a business day to get a response, which isn't bad, and the responses aren't canned. You can tell it's a real expert on the other end! I'm not happy about the $30/bottle cost of Brightbyte, which wasn't explained at the start of treatment.

Byte response

Hi James, our goal is to make sure that our customers have an enjoyable experience through every part of the process. Thank you for your kind review, we are here for you!

Original review: March 29, 2022

Painful experience to me but I think that’s just braces. Wish there was a custom book for your Byte plan that would be nice. Would like to see instructions for each step, maybe a animated Byte profile of your smile change per step. My aligners crack easily after about 4 days of use however it’s working so far. Customer service is great until you purchase. Their 1800 day and 2300 night, I would choose the night program if I could go back and do it again, they’re uncomfortable to talk with.

Byte response

Hi Erica. We are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience so we appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback. We want every customer to feel supported throughout the whole Byte journey. If at any time you are unable to connect with our team, please give us a call at 877-298-3669 or send us a direct message through Facebook and our team would be happy to assist.

Original review: March 29, 2022

Very happy so far, it does what it promotes. I feel and see my teeth correcting themselves. The instructions are really easy to follow. Also, the customer service is great and knowledgeable. The company follows up with you to make sure you're happy with the product and results.

Byte response

Jorge, thank you for your kind review, we are here for you!

Original review: March 29, 2022

It was quick and easy and very clear on the following processes and future outcome. Looking forward to my final look. Painless and easy to integrate into my nightly routine. Came with everything I needed to take care of my aligners as well.

Byte response

Ashley, thank you for this review- We appreciate you!

Original review: March 29, 2022

My experience has been excellent so far! Great customer service and great products. Everything about my experience so far has been positive and it has remained a very smooth process. The aligners seem to be working great. I’m excited to see the end result!

Byte response

Hey Brandon! Our goal is to make sure that our customers are receiving the support and care they need throughout treatment. We are so happy to hear that about our team. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us.

Original review: March 29, 2022

They have amazing customer service. The turnaround time to get my aligners was surprisingly fast. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for clear aligners. The price is fair and I love that you can use your FSA or HSA account to pay for it.

Original review: March 25, 2022

I had a virtual care appointment to go over some concerns I was having with my treatment. Jessica was super friendly and answered all my questions. I didn’t feel rushed at all and she made me feel comfortable to talk about my issues.

Byte response

Hello Madelyn! Our goal is to make sure that our customers have an enjoyable experience through every part of the process. Each customer has the option to schedule a phone or video call through their customer portal with our Professional Care Team. Byte provides a Professional Care Team check-in via our account center to provide each customer with their next steps if they are concerned with the progress of treatment. Thank you for your amazing review!

Original review: March 22, 2022

Not only that I am super satisfied with an l going results with my teeth straightening, but also very thankful for an amazing and supportive team of Byte Official!

An impression kit arrived quickly and had an amazing guidance from the Byte Official representative and looking forward to my next set of aligners!

Byte response

Natasha, what a lovely review! We're so excited to follow you along on this Byte journey. Our team is here for you every step of the way so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out :)

Original review: March 18, 2022

I went ahead and purchased the impression kit because I thought, this is guaranteed to be refunded if I don’t qualify, what do I have to lose? They started with a questionnaire asking what I want to improve and I explained I wanted to improve my Bite. Ironically, I only found out after returning my impressions and getting my results, that this company called Byte, can’t do anything to actually improve your bite. The movements they were making were purely cosmetic. I had braces as a teenager and had a permanent bar installed until last year, so let me tell you, these movements were minimal. They said if I want to improve my bite, I need to see an orthodontist.

I then asked for a refund on my impression kit since they can’t improve what I came to them for. I was told that since they are able to cosmetically move my front teeth, I do qualify, and so can’t get a refund. So in other words, they never have to refund the impression kit because I would bet they can always move at least one tooth. What a scam. I’m so glad that I didn’t have to find out their practices after paying them the full price. That would have stung a lot more than just the price of the impression kit.

Byte response

Erika, we appreciate you reaching out with these concerns. We are more than happy to clarify as our refund policy is in regards to the impression kits and whether customers are deemed candidates. Here at Byte, we offer clear- aligner treatment to straighten smiles which are mild to moderate cases. At times more traditional treatment methods may be called for. Byte will usually work well if you have a mild or moderate crossbite or overbite, such when one or two teeth that overlap. The best way for us to make this determination is with your impression kit. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to message us over Facebook or Instagram, we are more than happy to help!

Original review: March 17, 2022

They went above and beyond to provide the best experience for me!!! They provided several refinements for me to make my teeth as straight as possible and they provided whitening kit to make my smile brighter!! Their customer service are really great too, they'll follow up every time to make sure I am satisfied with the service!!

Byte response

We are so excited for you, Eunice! From start to finish, our team is ready and available to get you on track, check that progress, and get you to those final results!

Original review: March 16, 2022

I have found this to be a great way to achieve the smile I’ve always wanted without the extreme cost that I have always associated with orthodontics. Though one doesn’t have to go to a brick and mortar orthodontics office during this process, you are most definitely not left to fend for yourself. The availability of live video chats as often as you want to discuss your progress is a real game changer. This journey has me achieving the smile I never thought I would have because I was priced out of the market. Until Byte I would never have been able to do this.

Byte response

Yay, Carol! We are so happy to hear this, thank you for sharing!

Original review: March 16, 2022

Super helpful and friendly and available day and night for any questions or concerns you may have. They take pride in helping you achieve your perfect smile. I checked into numerous invisible aligner companies before deciding on which one to go with and Byte was by far the best overall.

Byte response

Thank you so much for leaving us this wonderful review!

Original review: March 16, 2022

I liked the way the liners fit and how easy they were to use. I think I would have liked a bit more interaction through the process. Maybe a phone call to check on how I was doing. We're now on my second set of liners. The top teeth have straightened out quite nicely. The bottom teeth are a bit more stubborn.

Byte response

Hi there. At Byte, we know how important communication is and we always strive to be open and transparent. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. Please give us a call and let's make sure you are being taken care of!

Original review: March 11, 2022

I've needed to contact customer service a few times and they've been so friendly and polite to work with! And more importantly, my concerns are being addressed appropriately and promptly. I like that you can upload multiple photos for review and tracking of the progress by a dental professional. I can't wait to see the end result!

Byte response

We are so happy to hear this. Thanks so much for the awesome review :)

Original review: March 10, 2022

I thought the process was going to be quick and done but it has taken much longer than anticipated. However, I am getting the results I want. My televisits are super helpful and it does feel personalized. I have met with the same advisor a couple times now and I like the consistency. She is knowledgeable and points out the areas needing adjusted like I see them as well. It has been a good experience so far. I am 1 year in and I am so glad I gave Byte a shot.

Byte response

Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. Sometimes teeth are more stubborn than we anticipated but we try to make the process as simple as possible. We hope you share progress pictures with us!

Original review: March 9, 2022

I have had a truly horrible experience with BYTE. For the cost the support was atrocious and my teeth have come out worse than when I started. Avoid wasting tons of money on this product for no results.

Byte response

Hi there. Please contact us so that we can look into this further. We want every customer to feel supported throughout the whole Byte journey. If at any time you are unable to connect with our team, please give us a call at 877-298-3669 or send us a direct message through Facebook and our team would be happy to assist.

Original review: March 7, 2022

It's been terribly disappointing and annoying. I started in April 2021 and my original plan would've had me done in August 2021. Because they don't have enough customer service reps to handle their email volume, any time I had an issue, I could count on at least 8-10 days before someone responded and then at least another 4-6 weeks before anything meaningful actually happened (yes, I understand there's a process to making additional refinement aligners and then shipping them but basically 6-8 weeks from the time I flag an issue to that issue being resolved is ridiculous).

They also aren't consistent in their instructions. I was told during a professional care call to respond to an email she sent me when I was done with my current set of retainers if my bite was still off. I did that, and then got an autoresponse with some ** statistics about people feeling like their bite is off and that if I needed more help to fill out a form for a customer care call. So I did that but then had to wait a few days for that appointment just to be told to fill out ANOTHER evaluation and likely wait at least a month for more aligners to come.

Based on that convo, I'm also worried that the issues their aligners created with my bite (a top tooth is hitting a bottom tooth now to the point where I can't fully bite down when I chew - it takes me forever to eat a meal) won't actually be fixed. They gave me this legalese nonsense about not being able to fix my jaw and only being able to straighten my teeth. Well, that tooth never hit my bottom teeth before, but now it is - and if there was a risk of that, should I really have been a candidate? I'm really hoping this won't be an ongoing issue, but based on my experience, I'm not holding my breath. I would really love to just be able to eat like a normal person again. I should've just gone with Invisalign so that I could've had an actual dentist to talk to regularly.

Byte response

Hi there. We are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience so we appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback. We want every customer to feel supported throughout the whole Byte journey. Sometimes teeth are more stubborn than we anticipated. We want to address your concerns. If at any time you are unable to connect with our team, please give us a call at 877-298-3669 or send us a direct message through Facebook and our team would be happy to assist.

Original review: March 6, 2022

My treatment has been a success, but required a few reviews and re-adjustments. It's simple to schedule a video call with a specialist at Byte, and they've been happy to address each of my concerns at no additional cost. Highly recommended! I wish I'd done this sooner!

Byte response

We want to make sure each customer is getting to their new smile in the safest and best way possible and we try to make the journey as simple as possible. Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Original review: March 2, 2022

As I finish up my impressions to ship back, I just wanted to shout out Tawnee for being SO incredibly helpful along the way! Assigning customers a personal “helper” is super smart. Thank you so much! Can’t wait to get started on these chompers!

Byte response

Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We strive to make the process as simple and easy as possible.

Original review: March 1, 2022

I gave them my $2000+ dollars and they've disappeared. I was supposed to get my aligners 4-6 weeks after I provided my impressions. It's been 8 weeks. I've tried calling my "advisor" 10+ times in the last three weeks. No response. I've tried texting him -- no response. I've tried reaching out on their Facebook IM support line 3 times and all I get is a bot response that simply says "Someone will get back to you within 24-48 hours." I've tried reaching out via their website contact us and support forms. No response. I've tried writing on their Facebook wall 3 times only to have my posts removed. They took my $2000+ and I have no product and nothing to show for it. Next comes legal action.

Byte response

Thank you for your feedback Shannon. We want to look into your concerns as soon as possible and do what we can to help. You can give our team a call at 877-298-3669 or send us a direct message on Facebook.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

Completely professional, knowledgeable and kind! She had immediate answers for all my questions and helped reassure me that Byte would help take care of any of my concerns. THANK YOU! I'm so happy to finally be ble to get the smile I've always wanted!

Byte response

Hi Kate, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Our goal at Byte is to give everyone a smile they love. We are so happy for you!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

U #24-L#18 Bottom teeth are still not straight although treatment is completed. One tooth on top still not flush although treatment completed. One tooth on bottom front is chipped so it's shorter. There is not an air gap. Photo included is with current aligners.

Byte response

Hi Rebecca, thank you for reaching out to us. Our team of Customer Care Specialists are here to help assist all of our customers throughout their smile journey! Please be sure to reach out to our team via email at support@byteme.com or by phone (877) 298- 3669 regarding any concerns, we are happy to assist.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

I was cautious going into Byte because I have a lot of crowding on my bottom teeth. I honestly thought my top teeth were more or less fine. Then I received my treatment plan and realized that Byte caught what I couldn't see in my upper teeth that needed adjusting. I'm more than thankful for this. Now I am at the end of my upper teeth journey and they look great. I am still seeing progress in the lowers. All in all, I do recommend Byte. The ONLY drawback is that customer service is behind, but that is out of their control.

Byte response

We strive to make sure each step in our customer's journey is as seamless as possible! Thank you for sharing, please let us know if you have any questions for us :)

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

Larissa has been nothing but excellent! She has been so patient with me. Making sure I’m well taken care despite financial troubles and me having to extend dates. She made sure I got my million smile I’ve been wanting for a long while! Thank you so so much!

Byte response

Hi Lekia! This makes us so happy to hear. At Byte we want all our customers to feel comfortable and taken care of every step of the way! Please do not hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions. Our team is available Monday-Sunday 8AM-6PM MST.

Byte Company Information