4.1(4,611)
Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About Byte

Byte makes clear plastic aligners to help customers straighten their teeth with no office visits. Certified dentists and orthodontists design treatment plans and monitor progress remotely. Patients see results in an average of two to six months. Byte offers financing options with 100% approval for both its all-day and nighttime-only aligners. Order an impression kit risk-free; if you aren’t a good candidate, Byte refunds the price.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Short treatment plans
  • 100% approval for financing
  • Nighttime-only option
  • Lifetime guarantee
Cons
  • Not everyone is a candidate
  • Nighttime aligners are pricier

Stars Rating

• 67%
  • 11%
  • 4%
  • 3%
  • 15%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Byte?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Byte?
    Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed June 25, 2024

I was very excited about having a better smile and straightened teeth, but after week 15 the support team let me know that my aligners was a poor fit (had air gaps) and they refused to send a new molding kit to have a better fitting aligners. They also told me now I don’t bite right (For a month of back and forth messages and pictures with support team). They refusing to send me the rest of aligners, they don’t want to refund the money either. Worst customer service (brought me high level of anxiety without explaining what exactly wrong with my teeth now, only told me to stop using Hyperbyte).

Pinned

I'm truly sorry to hear about your experience with Byte. Your feedback is very important to us, and we deeply regret the frustration and inconvenience you've faced. It's our goal to ensure that every customer has a positive and successful experience. Please reach out to our team directly at bytereveiws@byte.com so we can review your case in detail and work towards a satisfactory resolution. We are committed to addressing your concerns and ensuring you receive the support you need. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We look forward to resolving this matter for you.

Reviewed June 21, 2024

I purchased about 45 days ago. Sent in the molds along with the requested pictures. They ask for new pictures so I send those in. They keep just sending me the same email saying they need me to redo the pictures. No explanation of which picture. No explanation of what I did differently than the example photos. Nothing. Can’t respond to their texts or call anyone. I heavily regret my choice. I had thought going with one of the more expensive options would mean better customer service. I was very mistaken.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We sincerely apologize for the frustration and inconvenience you have encountered with our photo submission process. We understand how disappointing it can be to receive repeated requests without clear instructions on what needs to be corrected. Our goal is to ensure that all of our customers receive clear, helpful guidance throughout their treatment journey. We apologize for any confusion and regret that you have not been able to speak directly with a representative to address your concerns. Please know that we are committed to providing better customer service and support. Please reach out to our team at bytereviews@byte.com so we can look into your concerns and do what we can to help. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve this issue. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we hope to make things right for you.

Reviewed June 17, 2024

My 6 month process started in 2022 with Byte, and almost 2 years later and still looking the same. Please don’t waste your money, they will not refund you and then you receive zero response. I even did 3 different impression sets and had two sets of aligners sent to me. You think you’re at the end of the sets and they either don’t fit right or not at all. Unless you don’t care about spending $1000’s of dollars for nothing then just go to an orthodontist. Oh I had braces years ago and just needed a gap closed in not a serious issue and they got their $ and left me in the dark. So disappointing and hopefully I can prevent someone else from making the same mistake. Stay away.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and frustration you have encountered. Your feedback is very important to us, and we take it seriously. We understand how disappointing it can be when treatment does not progress as expected, especially after multiple attempts. We are committed to providing effective solutions for our customers. Our goal is to ensure that all our customers achieve the results they are looking for. We apologize for the delays and lack of response you have experienced. Please reach out to our team at bytereviews@byte.com, referencing your review, look into your case, and work towards resolving your concerns promptly. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to address these issues. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we hope to make things right for you.

Customer ServiceDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed June 15, 2024

Customer service is awful and nearly nonexistent. They shipped to my old address even though I had notified them well in advance. They scheduled my impression pick up before the impression kit was even delivered. I asked for a refund and their AI bot customer service told me they don't issue refunds even if I never got the impression kit to begin with. Very scammy.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience and frustration you’ve encountered. We understand how upsetting it is to have an order shipped to the wrong address despite providing the updated information in advance. This situation does not reflect the level of service we aim to provide, and we are committed to making it right. Please contact our team directly at bytereviews@byte.com so we can work with you to find a resolution promptly. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Your feedback is valuable, and we are dedicated to improving our services.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed June 14, 2024

Total Scam. So after I pay for the impression kit then go back and forth for weeks after getting texts twice a day from Derek, finally make the decision to pay and apply for credit which affected my credit score THEN you have a dentist look into my plan? This is utterly insane and unprofessional. I need to move one tooth and my plan is too complex? What a total scam. So disappointed. Really thought this was a good place but I've learned. Now I will be a beacon for anyone else that is considering Byte.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are truly sorry to hear about your experience and the frustration it has caused you. We understand how disappointing it must have been to go through the entire process, only to be told that the case is too complex after the fact. This is not the level of service or communication we strive to provide. At Byte, our customers' oral health is our number one priority. We will only accept cases that we can safely treat and that will provide a result addressing the customers' specific concerns. We specialize in mild to moderate cases to ensure we can deliver the best possible outcomes for our customers. We take your feedback seriously and are committed to improving our processes to prevent this from happening in the future. If there is anything we can do to rectify the situation or assist you further, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We value your feedback and are dedicated to making improvements to better serve our customers.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed June 12, 2024

I’m going to try my best not to create an entire essay here. I regrettably signed up to trust Byte to “conveniently & effectively” straighten my honestly not horribly crooked front teeth. The first 10 sets were ok. I however was constantly forced to go back & forth with customer service on how to make them fit better (by the way, they would only tell me to file or cut them in the back & that never helped, thus making me only contact another random customer support representative again & again)… They finally (& obviously) got tired of hearing about the constant issues themselves & offered to send me a whole new impression kit. I waited in my practically disintegrating number 10 set of aligners while all of this was getting “resolved” for well over the time the plastic things were even meant to last, but was eventually sent a new box set of aligners to continue with.

I tried hard to make the next tray (number 11) fit. They weren’t going to work. At this point, I was also noticing that (as a person who has always taken immaculate care of my teeth & gums) my teeth were starting to become extremely sensitive, wiggling way more than what should be normal & that my gums were just beginning to look as if they were slowly eroding by using these crap, plastic things. I went to the dentist to get a basic check & opinion, informing them about my Byte aligners & everything I had been through with them up until that point. They told me I should stop immediately & if I could, please get myself a refund. They were doing more harm than good. And so — I once AGAIN contacted customer service (by the way, customer service there are all extremely nice individuals. I feel like we all almost knew each other personally as many times as we would message each other.)

However, the minute I mentioned a refund, I was told that they very strictly do not issue refunds. I didn’t argue & knew I had been screwed… I continued getting the automated emails about when to switch to the next number of aligners, when to send check-in pictures, etc… I started to just ignore those altogether (there was literally no point in even opening those).. Anyway, fast forward to a few months later, when I was starting to go through some serious financial issues, I felt pulled to contact them again about any sort of refund (even if it was a partial refund of some kind)… I was told that they “didn’t give refunds unless I got a dentist/doctor to write a personal note that it was not working, etc.” — something to that effect.

As simple as that sounded to do, I didn’t even have the time or money to schedule an appointment due to a crazy work schedule & a big relocation move that I was extremely busy & financially strained with at the moment. So, long story short — I didn’t even get to try to jump through the hoops to get an only half-offered refund. It shouldn’t be like that. They should take enough ethical & moral pride in their business that it should be easier to get a truly needed refund in cases like mine or anything similar. I also recently read the fine print of the contract they make you sign before starting your MIS-“treatment”.. It says in all capital letters that by signing, you revoke your rights to being able to sign up to any or all things such as a class-action lawsuit if there ever be one..

THAT alone should’ve gotten my attention before, but I guess I just once again screwed myself over by trusting an advertisement pushing themselves hard as possible on all the social media websites. Anyway. Don’t even think of using Byte or anything similar. It’s all trash. Go to a real dentist & get real braces or whatever other cosmetic things you could have done. You’re not saving money with Byte. You’ll only end up paying more in the long run due to damages.

Debra increased rating by 3 stars.
    Sales & MarketingStaff
    After a positive interaction with Byte, Debra increased their star rating on June 9, 2024.

Updated review: June 9, 2024

Byte responded and agreed to resolve the issue.

Original Review: June 4, 2024

Byte's guarantee is if you are not satisfied with your results after your final aligners, don't order your retainers. Well, I was not happy with my results and brought it to their attention. They told me there wasn't much they could do. I requested another impression kit, which they refused, stating it would not correct the teeth I am concerned about. How do they know that. Before I submitted my payment they guaranteed that If I was not satisfied I would receive refinements. Their sales representatives are deceiving.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed June 2, 2024

I saw Byte was a cheaper option than the Invisalign. So I went for Byte instead of Invisalign. The impression kit had a cheap price. I like that it was money back. It was simple, too. I did the impressions and sent it back and I got my results right away. They told me my price within two weeks. It was a fast reply. I like that whole process where I got a doctor or a dentist to look at it, and I got the option of whether to do day or night because, with my job, I can't wear them all day. Getting the night ones was good. I feel like it's working. It's a slow process for me, though. I don't have that much to go. I have 15 in total and I'm on set two. I'm in the beginning part of it. They always reminded me and kept reminding me. I also had the option to opt out of text messages, but I knew if I kept it, I would be more likely to get it, and I did. And I'm grateful that I bought them.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed May 31, 2024

I began my treatment to correct an overlapping top front tooth. I started wearing my nighttime aligners in January, 2020 and never missed a single night as it was I really important to me to have good smile. After experiencing a long period of severe frustration, I stopped wearing them after 2 years and 5 months of treatment. I did not have good results after completing the first set of aligners. I was told the guarantee did not provide refunds, only further treatment.

After a few months, I was sent new molds and then received an entirely new set of aligners. Also without good results. I eventually had to start over once again and had to send in a 3rd set of new molds for another new set of aligners. I experienced a worsening of my alignment with this last group. My upper teeth were beginning to move sideways on one side. I believe I should not have been approved for treatment to begin with as it appears there was enough room to move my bottom teeth into alignment. Starting immediately, my bite was off because my bottom teeth were being pushed outward and wider, which pushed them against my upper front teeth forcing them forward when I attempted to close my mouth. This problem was never resolved.

The pictures you are required to regularly send in are very difficult to take and I just dreaded it! The responses to my concerns sometimes took up to 2 weeks and they never responded to the concerns about my bite. I also had 2 aligners crack during treatment and wasn’t able to get them replaced. I was just eventually sent new molds followed by the new group of aligners.

To this day, my bite is still off and is very uncomfortable. My overlapping tooth is also pushing outwards now. I also have experienced pain in my jaw from this problem. My last correspondence was a video call and I was told that my jaw pain was due to grinding my teeth…not true! I was then asked to send in videos of closing my jaw. I was not able to do this myself and my husband was also having trouble getting the correct angle.

After such a long period of time with 3 new molds and 3 new sets of aligners, I was not at all confident I would get the results I was guaranteed. The frustration and stress over this became too much for me to continue. I was just done. After I discontinued treatment, I had to have 2 root canals within the same year. I have learned that the bite being off is a possible cause of the cracks in those teeth. Trusting Byte was a huge mistake. I never want to have another experience like it! I wasted over $2,000 and 2 1/2 years of treatment that left me with no results. I have no choice but to spend additional money to go to an orthodontist. I am currently saving for this as I am still hoping to have that smile.

PriceStaff

Reviewed May 23, 2024

Byte was exceptional and they were very helpful whenever I needed help. If my aligner was hurting, they recommended me some different strategies or they would let me know if I needed to go back down a size or not. I went with them because I wanted to close the gaps in between my teeth and in the beginning, I messed up the first time on the impression kit because I did not know that the little putty hardened. But I also didn't read the instructions and I was just trying to do it without it. I let them know that I accidentally let the putty harden and they had sent me a new kit so that I could redo them. It tasted a little weird when I was doing the impression kit but it wasn't that bad. After I sent it in, I received the aligners in four to seven business days. I chose the all night ones because I would be up all night. But sometimes I wear them all day as well because I know I don't do anything.

Right now, I am redoing the process because I forgot to put my aligners in. But so far, I've noticed some positive changes where the gap in the front is starting to close. I would recommend Byte. They switched over for the financing thing in the middle of the process, so that was kind of a challenge. But if you got braces from other places, it would be very expensive, especially if you don't have the income for it. With Byte having their pricing plan, it's reasonable.

Ease of Use

Reviewed May 22, 2024

I did an impression kit with Byte. It was a terrible experience, but it is whether you're in an office or on your own. I did the plaster and it was not fun. The camera also didn't work super well the first couple of times. It is hard to use by yourself. But Byte has been really easy to use and it's been a good experience.

Reviewed May 22, 2024

My experience with Byte has been easy. I have to wear them for 22 hours a day and it's fine. I have a little lift, but that's okay. It's supposed to help with my jaw pain. That's where we wanna have it. But I'm okay with having straight teeth too. I'm on my second set of aligners. I just started. But I'm supposed to be done with my treatment in August. It's also very affordable and it's a good option if you wanna set up a payment program because they have that option.

Reviewed May 22, 2024

My experience with Byte has been good. Overall, the entire process has been going well. I was supposed to finish last June, and I'm on my second to last retainers right now. I had to have some of them redone that put me back a while, and then there have been two teeth that have moved slower than anticipated. I've had to work significantly longer than they originally quoted. But everything's been moving and it's been progressing.

Reviewed May 7, 2024

Byte's process is very convenient. There's no pain and it improves the teeth alignment. I'm halfway through the treatment and still have 11 weeks left, but I've noticed some improvements. I'm happy for now.

Reviewed May 7, 2024

I'm using the impressions from Byte and it's working out well. I had gotten a coupon to do the impressions to see if that would be a good opportunity and so far, it's been a good experience. The quality goes along with the price. I didn't research it a ton, but it seems to be comparable.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed May 6, 2024

It breaks my heart that I invested 3 thousand dollars with Byte so that they can help me with my insecurities. I expressed to them how much I wanted a perfect smile. Sadly their product absolutely did not hold up to anything they promised. I had to get emergency oral surgery the doctor prescribed me amoxicillin and told me to give it week before I start using my retainers again so that my mouth is fully healed. Who in their logical mind would go against doctor’s order and put plastic retainers that hold germs in their mouth anyways in order for BYTE PRODUCT TO WORK.

Now a week later my retainers do not fit my gap is back to how it started. I reached out to byte immediately and they told me to spend more money for a new set of invisible braces. I would not spend another penny ever with a company who doesn’t stand behind their product! If you look at my teeth it doesn’t look like I invested over 3 thousand dollars on my smile to not be insecure about it anymore. “Align with confidence.” “Byte clients are consistently satisfied.” “The company that’s changing the at home dental industry.” LIES! ALL LIES! ITS A SCAM. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT.

Sales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed May 4, 2024

My aligners didn't fit from the beginning. I was told just to "bite down hard, if the liner breaks we will replace it." After forcing several different trays over my teeth, at some point I couldn't do that anymore. When I was unable to force my next ones onto my teeth, I kept wearing the last ones while trying to find a solution with the folks at Byte. I was told my teeth were "tracking properly" and just to keep forcing them on. Or to use some warm water to manipulate the aligners. I sent in photos. They told me my teeth were NOT "tracking properly". When I expressed my frustration at having told them this all along, they wrote back "After further review your teeth are tracking correctly." I threw them away at this point. I knew I would not get help. I continued to pay off the bill in full.

I have since been to a real orthodontist, and have been getting corrections on my teeth. He stated this would have never worked for me and they should have been able to tell that from my impressions. He is having to shave down my lower front teeth because there isn't physically room in my mouth for my teeth to be straight. My experience here was terrible. I feel like they scammed me out of $2,000.

Reviewed May 2, 2024

I've had braces before and I needed to fix my front teeth. I'm on week nine with Byte and I've seen some improvement. The foaming whitening also makes my teeth white. It was a nice part of the kit that I received it with. Their customer service has also been very helpful.

Staff

Reviewed May 1, 2024

We like that with Byte, we could do the process from home. My husband got a couple of teeth that stick out. The program was going a little too fast. He changes out every two weeks. He had to go back, halfway back to try it again and maybe his teeth are being a little bit more stubborn. So, he hasn't noticed a lot of progress yet. The ones that he was on was a little bit more pain than expected. That's one of the reasons they had him go back a few levels. Maybe it's moving a little faster than his teeth were moving. He diverted back about two weeks ago. There are no headaches now or any pain. So, we haven't moved forward up to the next level yet.

We've used Byte's website a couple of times to talk back and forth. My husband tells it each week that he's done the five-minute one thing or another. He has a little trouble because if he picks the one date, the previous date goes away. There's a little bit of nuances there, but we figured it out now. There needs to be some improvement on that website where you update what you did the day before. Overall, Byte is easy to use and the insurance is working with it.

Staff

Reviewed May 1, 2024

Everything went well with Byte and I really enjoyed the services. I enjoy how fast and no contact it was other than the text and the people who would reach out. I'm on step three and some of the lower teeth have definitely started to go back into place. That's something I'm very happy about.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed April 19, 2024

I ordered my impression kit, completed it and sent it back. I got an email telling me that I was a good candidate and all that was left was to speak to my rep, review my treatment plan, and place my order. So, I got in touch with the rep. We went over treatment options, and decided on the right option for me. She had me secure financing, approve my orders, and pay $2499.00 for the aligners. She tells me they're going into manufacturing and I should have them in 4-6 weeks, but possibly as quick as 2 weeks. I tell her "Great!".

The very next day I get an email from an oral hygienist with Byte telling me that due to some oral health issues I am not eligible and I would be receiving a refund. Well, they refunded for the impression kit the very same day, but they're telling me it'll be 14 days before they issue the refund for the $2499.00. This is unacceptable, they shouldn't even be charging customers that kind of money for a service until they complete the eligibility process.

Reviewed April 15, 2024

Byte is one of the most disgraceful companies I have ever dealt with! They took my impressions and told me that my aligners would work for my teeth. After 3 days in, I found out that my bottom teeth were not candidates for the aligners as they would need more extensive work. Byte sent me an email that all of my money would be refunded and they only refunded the money for the impression kit. I have made numerous attempts to contact them and no one will answer me. Absolutely horrible customer service.

Reviewed April 4, 2024

So far, I like Byte. They are very affordable and have different payment plans. Sizing wasn't hard, but I had to keep redoing it because I wasn't biting down hard enough. Byte sent me free ones until I got it right. It didn't take long for them to send me my aligners, and they sent half of my treatment plan so I didn't have to wait. Setting it up online is easy. I like how it reminds you to use your HyperByte and tells you when to change your aligners.

Whenever I first put the aligners in, it was annoying because I've never had anything in my mouth like that. The lisp was so annoying as well. But it feels better now. I like having the aligners in because I can feel the difference of my teeth moving and my teeth feel a lot straighter. Others are now noticing that my gap is closing. It didn't take long for my gap to close. It's not fully closed, but in the next few weeks, it will be. I got the whitening and I like it as well. The aftertaste is weird but I can see how it's working. I just don't like having to take the aligners out whenever I eat. It's hard to take them out whenever it's a busy place and I have to go to the bathroom.

Reviewed April 4, 2024

Byte is easy to do at your own pace and at home. You don't have to worry about going to a dentist or an orthodontist. Getting sized in the mold was super easy as well. You mix it, roll it into the molds and time it. I wear the aligners 22 hours a day and the only time I take them out is when I eat. They're super comfortable. I'm almost at the end of my 16-week treatment plan and my teeth are back straight. I have the last one coming.

Reviewed April 3, 2024

I went with Byte because it was no in-office. Everything was remote. Once I gave them a down payment, they sent an impression kit, and I sent it back. Within two to three weeks, I had a set of 21 aligners. I wear them overnight and I take them out for breakfast. And when I'm done eating, I brush my teeth and put them back in. I usually work through lunch, so I would take them out for dinner and put them in. So, I got them in 23 hours a day. My teeth are much straighter. They're not exactly where I want them, but I'm more confident when I smile.

Reviewed April 3, 2024

I started my Byte journey in 2022 as a 20 year old and finished in 20 weeks. It is a bit uncomfortable at first and you get past the lisp pretty quick. With a student discount my set was a little under $2,000 and 100% worth the money. I have crowding on my front top and bottom making me self conscious as a waitress talking all day. I now get compliments on my teeth and am so thankful for Byte! I now regularly go to the dentist and they were surprised at how accurate the byte retainers aligned my teeth and fixed my crowding.

Reviewed April 1, 2024

My treatment plan was supposed to be 18 top aligners and 6 bottom. After the 6th week, bottom teeth were not straight. Spoke by email or phone to 15 different representatives in 6 weeks, plus a video call. After each call, they request more photos to delay sending a new mold. I sent photos plus a video, 9 times in total but they still kept asking for more. I rarely write reviews on products but I would like to save someone $2149. Use Smile Direct. My husband had no issues with them. Sorry to say zero stars from me.

Reviewed April 1, 2024

I like that I can wear the aligners during nighttime 'cause I find it hard to talk. I can definitely tell that something is in my mouth, and I would hate to have to go through my day talking to people with that in my mouth. I wear the aligners from 9:00 at night till 7:00 in the morning, and my only complaint is some of the aligners are rough on the edges, so I've had some sores on my tongue and my gums. It would be nice if Byte could file them off and make them a bit smoother and not so rough on the ends of it.

I'm almost halfway through the process and at this point, it looks like my front teeth is on target to be what they it's gonna look like. I got a brightener with the aligners, so my teeth are a bit whiter. I've also noticed that this one tooth I have doesn't push out as much as it used to. I can just feel it from my tongue. I put in my eighth week of aligners, and by the end of May, I'll see the difference that I wanted to see. So far, I'm happy with Byte. I think it's gonna work and it's worth the money. The option of having nighttime aligners is important too if people wanted to do it and not have to wear them during the day.

Customer ServiceStaffDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed March 29, 2024

Put me through the financing process, got a hard pull on my credit just to cancel my delivery after it was already sent. Stay away from these people. Absolutely terrible customer service. They won’t even speak with me.

Reviewed March 28, 2024

I've been in the program for nine weeks now and I see some good results. I see a difference in my bite and my smile. I do the all day wear, besides when I eat, and it's comfortable. They're trimmed well and they're not scraping your teeth or gums.The follow up was good before I joined and during the whole beginning process but then I thought I lost my HyperByte and I messaged the person that signs me but I got no response back and still.

Byte Company Information