3.0/5 (91 reviews)
Author picture
Edited by

Overall Rating3.0 out of 5

About Byte

Byte makes clear plastic aligners to help customers straighten their teeth with no office visits. Certified dentists and orthodontists design treatment plans and monitor progress remotely. Patients see results in an average of two to six months. Byte offers financing options with 100% approval for both its all-day and nighttime-only aligners. Order an impression kit risk-free; if you aren’t a good candidate, Byte refunds the price.

Pros & Cons

Pros

• Short treatment plans
  • 100% approval for financing
  • Nighttime-only option
  • Lifetime guarantee

Cons

• Not everyone is a candidate
  • Nighttime aligners are pricier

Bottom Line

Byte's costs are on the higher end, but the company approves 100% of applicants for financing. Treatment times are short, and the company guarantees results for life.

Byte Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Byte?
Original review: May 10, 2023

I liked that Byte was not traditional braces. I had to make an impression kit and send it back. If you follow the instructions, watch the videos and take it step by step, it's easy. If I wanted to pause the video and do that part, and start it and do that part, it was easy for me. The aligners crack. But I'm happy with the process. I feel a lot better.

Byte response

Hi Anthony, thank you so much for this fantastic feedback! At Byte, we want to make the experience easy and smooth while providing optimal support. We are so excited, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns our team can be reached at patient.byte.com/support or give us a call at 877-298-3669.

Original review: May 9, 2023

Experience was great and I am happy with my results. There needs to be better communication regarding retainers but otherwise no issues. I am almost done with treatment and looking forward to sharing my new smile. I did receive a response regarding retainers and will follow those instructions.

Byte response

Hi there, thank you so much for this fantastic feedback! At Byte, we want to make the experience easy and smooth while providing optimal support. If further questions or concerns arise regarding the retainer process once treatment is complete, please feel free to email us at patient.byte.com/support or call us at 877-298-3669.

Original review: May 9, 2023

All interactions have been pleasant and friendly. I am frustrated primarily with the lack of follow-up. There are required photograph check-ins completed at certain points during treatment and at no time was there indication that there was a problem with the compliance of my alignment. At the end I voiced concern over my alignment and after reviewing photos was told I had to repeat treatment plan. I repeated, and again, no actual follow-up even though I voiced concern that I didn’t feel the photos were actually being reviewed.

At the end of that treatment I was told I would need to repeat again. I’m a healthcare professional and understand not everyone responds to treatment in the same way, I just am not happy that there’s been a major delay in completing a treatment plan that was supposed to be 4 months long and we are going on 9 months now. I explained the aligners didn’t feel right, that they seemed loose and was told not to worry. Now here we are…

Hello Cara,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience and can understand your frustrations. As Byte treatment is more independently guided than traditional orthodontics, there's more freedom for each customer to monitor their treatment while still following the guidelines provided by the Byte Support Team. Check-in photos are very help. ful for our team to review when a customer reached out and requests for further advice or review of the recently uploaded photos to ensure everything is on track. At times, customers may encounter minor fit issues with the aligners meaning the teeth require a bit more time in a previous set before moving forward. This indication can easily be seen if there is any space in the aligners. They should always fit snugly over each individual tooth that way the correct amount of pressure is applied to perform the required movements. This is because everyone's anatomy is different, and some teeth with not always move as predicted.

We would be happy to look into the case further and do what we can to help. You can email us at patient.byte.com/support or give us a call on phone line 877-298-3669.

Original review: May 3, 2023

You get what you pay for and BYTE is not it. Customer service was poor, and communication was abysmal. Trays only fit for a few weeks properly. I followed all the instructions and was told to fall back to old trays and send pictures repeatedly. Ended up with Invisalign, and I am so much happier now with straight teeth.

Byte response

Hi Sarah, thank you for this feedback! We are sorry to hear this has been the experience. As everyone's anatomy is different, sometimes concerns arise during treatment where the customer encounters air gaps in the aligners or other issues which need to be addressed to make sure the customer's progress continues to track properly, this is why we require monthly check-ins. Teeth can be more stubborn than expected and need additional adjustments, if this happens we offer our Aligner Guarantee to every customer. During treatment, you can reach our Byte Support team by completing a support request at patient.byte.com or by calling 877-298-3669. Our teams are always available for support. At this time we would like to look further into these concerns, please send us an email at bytereviews@byteme.com.

Original review: May 3, 2023

I like that if your teeth change after the treatment, Byte will guarantee your smile for life. The process was straightforward. They sent the impression kit and it was easy to do. As soon as I sent it back, it was processed fast. I signed up for the at-night ones. I'm supposed to only have to wear mine 10 hours a day. I use it while I sleep and a little bit into the morning. The actual switching out of the different aligners was totally fine. But I have been experiencing problems with their estimate of how long it would take. I've had to backtrack a couple of times already.

As I was doing that, they were saying that it looks like my teeth, there were air gaps in the photos on the app. They were telling me to backtrack a few aligners. I did that, and I stayed in each of those aligners for a month instead of two weeks for each of them. Since then, it's been a little complicated. I followed up with photos like they told me to. But I never heard back from anybody. I just went on with my treatment and I'm down to my last set of aligners. I had to go back and forth with customer service over email for over a week with all these random support people. They were telling me they were not going to send my new aligners like the rest of mine that I'm supposed to get because they still saw air gaps. I said, “No, there are no air gaps. Here are more pictures. There's nothing there. How are you basing this? Show me where.” But they couldn't show me and couldn't get back to me.

They kept bouncing me around from support agents and telling me to backtrack again. I said, "That's not possible. I've been wearing these retainers for over a month when I'm only supposed to be wearing them for 10 days. I've already had to backtrack before." It was a terrible experience from a customer service perspective. I told them, “If you're refusing to send me the rest of my treatment that I've already paid for, put me in touch with a manager or with somebody who can call me and talk to me on the phone.” But they never did that. But somebody randomly got back to me a couple of days later. He said, “Sorry about that. We see that there are no gaps. You just need to send us some more pictures.”

They have this app and they request that you send them pictures all the time. I only do it every few weeks because every single time that you send them, it is a long process. You have to put in this smile structure thing and take pictures with and without the retainers, on and off. In total, it’s somewhere between 5 and 10 pictures that they want each time. But the way that they want you to upload it is through the app and there are some app issues.

They won't let you upload a picture. You have to take a picture live in the app. The only way that you can take a picture, for example, is with the selfie view instead of the other way around. This doesn't seem like a big deal, but the problem is the photos are blurry. You can't adjust them. So that was something I continued to call out every single time. It's not also in sync with the actual treatment timing. The app needs some improvement. But the rest of the process was really smooth with getting the actual treatment and ordering it. The quality of the retainers is really great too. So I'm happy with that. It's also good for people who want to be more hands-off and not have to go to a dentist all the time.

Byte response

Hello Anna, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience and can understand your frustrations. We would be happy to look into your case further and do what we can to help. You can email us at bytereviews@byteme.com or give us a call at 877-298-3669.

Original review: April 29, 2023

Initially, everything seemed good. Everybody was very nice. But I was given a time frame of about four months for the full treatment and we're going on almost eight months now and I'm still not even halfway through my treatment. Certain aligners weren't fitting very properly and as time progressed, I'm already in my third set of sending impressions back to get new aligners made. Byte should locally have a place somewhere in each state where you could go and have them professionally take or have impressions made. Because, apparently, it's not working out very well for home impressions. The process of getting to the finish line is challenging. You just get a run-of-the-mill person to speak to when you call on the phone and you only get professional help through emails, which take about a day or so to get back to you, and video chats, which usually take about two days to schedule.

Hello Anthony,

Thank you for this feedback! We are sorry to hear this has been the experience. As everyone's anatomy is different, sometimes concerns arise during treatment where the customer experiences air gaps in the aligners or other issues which need to be addressed to make sure the customer's progress continues to track properly, this is why we require monthly check-ins. Teeth can be more stubborn than expected and need additional adjustments, if this happens we offer our Aligner Guarantee to every customer. During treatment, you can reach our Byte Support team by completing a support request at patient.byte.com or by calling 877-298-3669. While we do not have any physical locations to manually take impressions we can assure the at-home impression kits are the most accurate way to capture each person's dental anatomy. If there is any mistake in the impressions we will not accept these and send out new kits ASAP as we always want to ensure a perfect fit in the aligners.

Original review: April 26, 2023

Everything was quick and I liked the convenience. Once I initiated contact and they sent me the impression trays, I was going within a month. Also, the reps were very attentive and got back to me right away when I sent a message. I did the nighttime so I didn't have them on all during the day and that was nice too I had some crooked teeth on the bottom and they're straight now. There was a little bump on the road when there was a glitch with the app. It was saying that I'd be done in February and then it said I'd be done in October. I reached out to them, and they got back to me and said there was something going on with the app. They were aware of it. Other than that, I was really pleased with the convenience and the speed.

Byte response

Hi Lisa, thank you for this awesome review! Our #1 goal is to make sure that our customers have an enjoyable experience through every part of the process from start to finish. We hope to keep the rest of the treatment as positive. We're standing by for support if you have any other questions or concerns.

Original review: April 24, 2023

I had been interested in starting Invisalign for a few years, so I started researching and came across Byte. They had great reviews, so I decided to call on 5/4/22. The first step was to complete the impression kit. It took about a week to receive it. I did it the same day I got it and sent it off the next day. My initial consultation on 6/13/22 was great. The lady I spoke with was great. She explained the process and the cost of the plan. She said the process would take 25 weeks, and I should reach my goal by the middle of January. I was super excited to start, so I signed up right away. It took about five weeks to receive my aligners. I received them on 7/15/22 and started wearing them immediately. The first few months were so painful. I lost 25 lbs because it hurt too much to eat.

My teeth hurt (which is to be expected), but the aligners were sharp and kept cutting the inside of my gums. I also developed thrush and blisters all over my mouth, which I believe was from the whitening solution they had me use. Despite all this, I continued wearing my aligners and doing my monthly check-ins because I did notice my bottom teeth getting straighter.

Let's go back a minute so you can have a better understanding. Before starting the treatment, my bottom teeth were very crooked. However, my top teeth were all straight except the tooth right next to my front one. It was the beginning of December when everything got worse. When I went to change my aligners to the next step, I noticed the tooth on top had not straightened out at all, and to make matters worse, it is now loose (it wiggles), and there is a gap in between my teeth. I immediately call Byte to explain the situation. They told me to take a two-week resting period from the top aligner to see if that would help, so I did. Two weeks passed, and my tooth still wiggled, so I informed them. They told me to extend the resting period, which I did.

Fast forward to today, 4/23/23, after MANY failed attempts to resolve this issue, I was told they do not cover any outside dental work. They said I will have to pay out of pocket for any/all dental visits and treatments, even though their product caused the problem. So, not only did I suffer for months due to their defective products. I now have to pay out of pocket for dental bills due to their negligence and to top it off, my teeth look worse now than before I started. I wasted 8 months of my life that I could have spent using a product that actually worked and saved myself the pain, money, and headache from dealing with Byte.

Hello Ashley,

Thank you for this feedback! We are sorry to hear this has been the experience and can understand your frustration. As everyone's anatomy is different, sometimes concerns arise during treatment where the customer experiences air gaps in the aligners or other issues which need to be addressed to make sure the customer's progress continues to track properly, this is why we require monthly check-ins. Teeth can be more stubborn than expected and need additional adjustments, if this happens we offer our Aligner Guarantee to every customer. During treatment, you can reach our Byte Support team by completing a support request at patient.byte.com or by calling 877-298-3669.

Byte however cannot provide coverage for outside dental work. At this time we would like to look further into these concerns, please send us an email at bytereviews@byteme.com.

Original review: April 22, 2023

The process with Byte was very straightforward and easy. They sent a tray with some putty, and I did it on my own at home. It was very easy. I only have to wear the aligners at night instead of all day. So I wear them while I sleep. My teeth are slowly straightening up. I especially feel it after I'm done wearing them every day. I can feel my mouth. I can tell it's affecting it because my gums hurt a little bit. I can tell my teeth are being manipulated. My process is supposed to be completed in June or July. It's a six-month process. So it's not a very long process. There's an app as well that helps you track everything and keep in touch with customer service just in case. It helps you keep track of what day to switch the aligners out and then what your next one is.

Hello Ashley,

Thank you for this feedback! Here at Byte we do our best to make the process as easy and convenient as we can so that every customer feels supported. Please let us know if there is anything we can assist you with, you can reach our Byte Support team by completing a support request at patient.byte.com or by calling 877-298-3669.

Original review: April 20, 2023

Everything's going good with Byte. I've had an issue unrelated to the trays. I had an issue with one of my upper molars, but I went to my dentist and it's a root canal thing. That's not attributed to the trays. I'm very happy with the results so far. The way that my teeth were crowded, it was hard to get the toothbrush in there and the floss. So, I feel like this is gonna help me down the road as I get older. So, I'm happy. Byte did a really good job with the fitting and the way the kit came. Everything was there. I like the way it's all organized. I like the way that they had the little nail file thing to trim up some edges. I like it when you guys thought of everything. It was very easy as far as the instructions. With all my questions, they had all the answers ready for me.

Byte response

Hi RJ, thank you for providing this feedback! We are constantly working to make sure every customer has the best experience. If you have any questions or concerns moving forward please reach out to Byte Support by submitting a support request at patient.byte.com or calling 877-298-3669.

Original review: April 20, 2023

I've had a good experience with Byte. I talked to one guy mostly through text, but I got a phone call too. He was very helpful. The whole process was easy, from getting the kit to doing all that. It's been going well so far. I'm in my ninth week. I can definitely tell that they are moving more, like when I floss, they're not as crowded. I can definitely tell also a bit by looking at them too. I've got till August. The process has been good. I like their app as well. It is user-friendly and it's not difficult for me to remember to change them. They haven't bothered me at night. Sometimes when I put in my new aligner for the first day, it'll hurt a little bit. But after that, there's no pain.

Byte response

Hi Ashley, thank you so much for this amazing feedback! Here at Byte we want to make the experience an easy and smooth process while providing optimal support. We are so excited for you, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.

Original review: April 7, 2023

They were really responsive and thorough. When I first started, the aligners were a bit uncomfortable. But the longer that you keep them in, the more comfortable it is. I feel slight discomfort but I definitely see results. I'm excited and it makes me happy.

Byte response

Thank you for this amazing review! We are so happy to hear this. At times, minor discomfort is normal in the early stages and this will gradually minimize as the treatment progresses. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.

Original review: April 6, 2023

My two front teeth had a tiny gap but it's closed now. The bottom ones started to shift but they have fixed themselves, which is good. I didn't need to do the whole braces thing again. I don't have to go to the dentist to have the retainers checked. So, it’s easier. Using Byte is still a lot. But I do the $67 payments at the end of the month, which is not bad.

Byte response

Hi Dariann, thank you so much for this amazing feedback! Here at Byte we want to make the experience an easy and smooth process while providing optimal support. We are so excited for you, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.

Original review: March 14, 2023

Stay away. There are so many other REAL services that are equipped to create aligners for you that you can also put on Care Credit. Byte is a farce and will not provide you with the support or quality that it claims. Was super easy to sign up for the service, very attentive salespeople answered questions quickly and helped me pick out what I needed within days. They clearly spend most of their money on sales and marketing, and then lack any form of actual support. The aligners themselves are fine I guess; clearly 3D printed and probably costs them pennies to produce but it's everything else about this shady and unprofessional company that ruins the experience.

Each time I need to get in touch with support, I have to fill out generic information and take often completely irrelevant photos. My first time needing support was to ask a very basic question that wasn't listed on their website: how long should I wear each retainer if I can't use the "hyperbyte" (which specifically says should not be used by anyone with TMJ). To ask this question, I had to take like 4 photos of my freaking mouth and answer a bunch of entirely irrelevant questions -- all questions, by the way, that the support team asked me AGAIN in their emails and all questions with information that should be saved to their system already -- which brings me to my next point.

Byte DOESN'T EVEN SAVE YOUR TREATMENT DATA. As in, support team members can't even look up your treatment plan information. Instead, you have to verbally inform every single person every time you get an email response -- which, for Byte, is NEVER THE SAME PERSON. That's right, when you submit a support request, a new person emails you every single time asking for the same information you just gave the last person. I had a support team member ask me to take photos of my Step 9 aligners... I only had 8 steps. This should be information readily available to a support team and the clear lack of any form of database management for a company that gives medical treatment is severely troubling.

Also apparently, the check-ins using the Byte app are saved to absolutely nowhere + the questions and photos you have to submit for the support requests are all just a theatrical way to make users think they're tracking information. Every time I've needed any support whether it's just a simple question or a full-on issue, it has taken a minimum of 5 emails (with 5 different people) and two days. At one point, I noticed my aligner had cracked. No problem because I signed up for the service that replaces damaged aligners for free with quote "no questions asked" -- right? Wrong. Over the course of three days, I communicated with multiple people each asking me for a different set of information. You'd think if you needed a list of information from me to replace the aligners, you could ask me for all of that information at the same time, but nope.

Now I'm on the last set of my aligners and my teeth are not yet straight. Reading some of the other reviews I'm really worried they're going to charge me extra money despite the fact that their treatment plan clearly wasn't accurate in the first place. I've used the retainers as instructed and if I'm charged any amount of extra money I will be raising hell for being charged for a service that was not honored. You don't get to make fake treatment plans that don't straighten people's teeth then charge them extra to straighten their teeth.

For Byte representatives reading this: You are a medical service, maybe start acting like it. 1) Get a real support team or else lower the number of people you service to account for the size of team you have. 2) Get legitimate database management to protect my medical information but to allow access to basic treatment information (like how many steps are in our treatment or which step we're on). 3) Get rid of your generic support request form (I don't need to upload the same 5 photos every single time I need to submit a support request) OR share the damn form responses with your support team before they email me to ask me *for the exact same information and photos again.* 4) If you're going to make an entire app for users to track their treatment, USE THAT INFORMATION. 5) DO NOT charge people extra money to straighten their teeth when that's what they've paid for in the first place.

Byte response

Thank you for this feedback. We are sorry to hear this has been the experience you've had. We would be happy to look further into your concerns, please send us an email at Bytereviews@byteme.com

Original review: March 3, 2023

Seemed to be going fine until it was time for them to send my 2nd half of aligners, prior to doing so they needed photos to review. After this I was told we need to "backtrack" and revert to an earlier aligner on my lower and stay on my current on the upper. Now after a constant back and forth request for updated pictures, I literally have been on the same aligners for almost 2 months now without any progress at all. This is starting to feel like a scam, they take your money then hope you'll give up and not have to produce and provide your final aligners. I feel stuck in a endless cycle with no end in sight. Go to someone local that you can physically visit with if you desire aligners.

Byte response

Thank you for leaving this feedback. We are happy to clarify why backtracking is needed, when air gaps are present between your teeth and the aligners, this means that the teeth have fallen slightly behind in the treatment plan. Without resolving the issue, these air gaps will grow larger as you continue to advance through each aligner set. The larger the air gaps become, the less effective the aligners are. By addressing this concern proactively, we can keep you on track to your desired end result without any major setbacks. As we are not able to evaluate the teeth in a more traditional chairside check up, photos are a requirement when addressing any concerns. If you have not received a resolution from our Byte Support team we would be happy to look further into it and see what we can do. Please send us an email at Bytereviews@byteme.com

Original review: Feb. 17, 2023

I have had braces previously, and simply needed some minor correction on just the lower teeth. I did impressions and got my kit and away I went, it wasn't until the checkups that I started having to interact with both the Byte Care team and their customer service that I realized how badly this could go if my aligners don't get everything the first try. Sadly it didn't fix my teeth, then began the never ending chains of emails, redirecting responses, repeatedly asking for photos that you send the day prior to a different rep. They ask for your "step" you are on, but after 3-4 different plans, and they restart back 1 each time, it's hard to know which one they are referring to. Also taking photos on their horrible app is a horrible experience.

It is incredibly difficult to capture what they are looking for by yourself, and after you finish their request(s), the next email will just be them asking for the same and additional stuff and so on for as many times as you let it go, before you finally call them and force someone on the phone to help you. The only way to get any type of help from Byte is from their phone line, which is incredibly hard to get a hold of. Finally I gave up as it was effecting my bite, it was hurting to chew. They told me it was fine, but my dentist warned it could cause more damage to my teeth. I finally asked them for just my retainers of the steps I was currently on, which they refuse to do. In short, I feel I have paid for a product to help align/straighten my teeth, with a "guarantee for life". However, they couldn't even do the first part, much less even finish their services by simply giving me my retainers and letting me go get proper help.

Byte response

Thank you for this feedback. As everyone's anatomy is different, sometimes the teeth do not adjust as expected so we have to make adjustments to the treatment plan to address those specific concerns. Once a new set of aligners has been received the customer will no longer need the previous set. When our Byte support or Clinical team asks what aligners the customer is on they will always send the most recent aligner they have been wearing, it can be identified by the gum tag on the molar area of the aligner. We are happy to look further into your account and see what we can do to assist further, please send us an email at Bytereviews@byteme.com

Original review: Feb. 16, 2023

Updated on 03/11/2023: After 15 weeks of using these aligners, I went on the app and requested the last 3 aligner set. After weeks of waiting, I called them to find out why they were taking so long. Only to find out they wanted me to do pictures and repeat weeks 12. Again, after weeks and weeks and submitting countless photos, no one contacted me with guidance. After telling them that I was going to contact my insurance and credit card company, now they want to ship me the last 3 sets of aligners. These people don’t care about quality of service or about providing a successful treatment. They just want your money. Stay away.

Original Review: After reaching week 15 on my aligners, the companion treatment app was locked and it took over 3 weeks, and me calling them, for them to tell me I need to re-do some of the previous weeks on my bottom teeth. Now it has been over a week since I spoke to someone and the app is still locked. I’ve sent several emails, requests from the app, I reached out on social media and even called them. NO ONE seems to care or know what to do. Do not waste your money or time. Go with Invisalign.

Byte response

Thank you for leaving this review. When customers are receiving their continuation aligners their app will display the screen you have shared in this review. This lets the customer know their aligners have been ordered and what to do in the meantime. Once the aligners have been received the screen will update and go back to the original view. If you find this is an error and you still see this please reach out to us at Bytereviews@byteme.com and we will assist further.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2023

I was very excited about Byte, the price was good, the technology (HyperByte) seemed convincing, and the "at-night" approach was very appealing. I was told 7-9 months to a "perfect smile". In hindsight what is clear is that the company did a great job at marketing its solution and a terrible job in planning out how to execute it right.

Short version – go to a local orthodontist, and you will be MUCH happier in the end.

Longer version – I am now 2 YEARS into my treatment and, as of today, they are telling me it will be April before I am done. My experience along the way has been very frustrating because you, the patient, must drive everything. Yes, they try to send automated reminders, but they are typically not at the right time or stage you are at. But I have spent SO MUCH time driving the process, and they are slow to respond, that I would have much rather have had a personal experience.

So was less expensive than going local, yes. But after multiple restarts over 2 years, the frustration, the extra money, the lack of responsiveness, and the overall headache were NOT worth it. With the competition they have in the marketplace today, I don’t see their business model thriving unless they make changes.

Byte response

Thank you for providing us with this feedback. We would be happy to provide you with information about Byte's treatment plan guidelines. As a component of your treatment, Byte will ask that you complete regular check-ins in your Online Account Center every 3-4 weeks. Since Byte isn't able to evaluate your progress through in-office visits, it's super important to have these periodic updates to see how your teeth are moving. If any concerns with the movement of your teeth arise, we will then be able to evaluate those pictures and get an understanding of what's going on. It's a quick and stress-free process but remember, as this is a remote treatment it is important to make sure you stay on top of those check ins and reach out to Byte Support if you have any questions or concerns.

When it comes to length of treatment, just like all orthodontic care, Bytes treatment timelines are an estimate. We are happy to look further into this to see how we can help though. Please send us an email at Bytereviews@byteme.com

Original review: Jan. 30, 2023

Everything was going great in the beginning and even during my treatment customer service was great. However, I reached the end of my 10-week treatment and my teeth are not straight. I have sent several dead-end emails including pictures and all the information they requested. All of these threads ended in no response. I have called 2 times now without reaching a solution. The first call was the day my treatment plan ended. The second call was two days ago and I have yet to receive any response besides my treatment plan (which ended nearly two weeks ago) being put on hold? I'm confused why this isn't being treated as a bigger problem considering the amount of money I paid for an incomplete service. Nearly two weeks without an answer seems unacceptable. Just to clarify, my teeth are nowhere close to looking like the 3D model I was sold on. I will update with complete information once this has been resolved.

Byte response

Hello Cody, we can understand your frustrations. We would love to discuss this further and discuss your questions and concerns. Our team can speak via phone at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. We look forward to connecting with you!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

Don't waste your money on this product. Go to an orthodontist or a competitor. I got a cracked molar and consistent jaw pain. What they won't tell you is that you'll likely need to wear the retainers for life (the changes are definitely not permanent) and it costs a fortune to replace a single aligner when they eventually crack/split - meaning eventually you'll waste even more money. Customer service is pretty appalling too and it takes weeks and weeks to receive the product or replacements.

Byte response
Hello Ben. We at Byte value open communication and transparency as top priority. Upon completing your treatment, we want to ensure that your new smile is maintained. As a courtesy, your first retainer will be provided complimentary. However, to ensure optimal retention of your new smile, it is recommended to replace your retainer every 6 months to a year, at the cost of $129 per set.

To provide added convenience and peace of mind, we offer a Byte Protection Plan which includes 5 years' worth of retainers and coverage for any lost, damaged, or stolen aligners during the treatment. We are dedicated to ensuring that your new smile is preserved for many years to come. We want to look into your concerns and do what we can to help. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. You can also fill out the link at https://patient.byteme.com/ or email us at bytereviews@byteme.com to connect with the Clinical Team.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

Do not use Byte. I know the price point is tempting, but I have a valid reason why I do not recommend their service. They only provide half the trays upfront, then you need to complete a check in to receive the remaining brackets. I submitted all of the required documentation, AND CALLED THE NEXT DAY, to which I was told everything looked great and they should arrive in 3-4 weeks. At week 3, I call. JUST TO BE SAFE. The order was never submitted. I have been in the same bracket for two weeks, and will have to wait another 4 to received the "already confirmed" remaining brackets. These trays are not meant to be used for 6-8 weeks.

They will not do anything to remedy their wrong, other than say "there's nothing they can do." When I asked for a refund because they did not comply with their treatment best-practices they replied with "In 3-4 business days someone from upper management will send an email." I paid cash, upfront, in full and they just never placed my order. Again, do not use this company. My teeth will not be straight and I'm out all my money.

Byte response

Hello Crystal. We at Byte value open communication and transparency as top priority. It's important to make sure that we can address these concerns and do what we can to help as soon as possible. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. You can also fill out the link at https://patient.byteme.com/ or email us at bytereviews@byteme.com to connect with the Clinical Team. Please give us a call and let's make sure you are being taken care of!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

Very friendly and communicative customer service (phone, text and email) upfront. But in the end they would not allow me to put a downpayment on the aligners so that I could use my FSA funds before the end of the year. So keep in mind that if you have FSA/HSA money to use up, start the process with Byte at least 2 weeks before the end of the year, if not more. I also recommended that they update their website to make that clearer, since the website indicates that you can pay a downpayment, which would simply be refunded if the orthodontist decides that you are not a candidate. But in speaking with the customer service team, they clarified that you must do the impressions, send them back and the orthodontist has to review everything and approve your care plan before any payment can be made. Odd that they don't offer a downpayment options, but oh well. Will go back to Invisalign!

Byte response

Hello Laura. At Byte, we know how important communication is and we always strive to be open and transparent. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. We are standing by for support!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

I've had issues with 1 tooth since the beginning of my treatment and complained multiple times. They just kept making new impressions of my teeth that still weren't helping. Then they asked me to stop wearing aligners for over 2 months, which made my teeth completely crooked, then told me they could no longer help me and offered a refund, which they previously told me wasn't an option since they offer 100% guarantee. I can't talk to anyone on the phone. When I call, no matter the number they give me, it goes straight to Serena's voicemail who is apparently in charge of my account. I have complained everywhere, but still can't speak to anyone on the phone. No one listens in emails. Don't use them!

Byte response

Hi Rachael. At Byte, we know how important communication is and we always strive to be open and transparent. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. You can also fill out the link at https://patient.byteme.com/ or email us at bytereviews@byteme.com to connect with the Byte Support Team.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2022

Do not use Byte! They have awful customer service. I had to request my additional aligners to be sent to me and had to speak to a bunch of people from customer service before anyone would respond, which delayed the process. After 28 weeks, my two bottom teeth are still crooked. I reached out to customer service about it and they ignored me for a month. Then they told me it’s because of gapping between the aligners and my teeth, and to wear my prior aligners again. I did that, still crooked. Byte needs to have much better customer service and they need to be more proactive about checking in. Everything is automated so it feels very not personal and it’s a pain to get some help.

Byte response

Hi Eva. At Byte, we know how important communication is and we always strive to be open and transparent. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. You can also fill out the link at https://patient.byteme.com/ or email us at bytereviews@byteme.com to connect with the Byte Support Team.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

While Byte's aligners mostly did the job, their company makes it difficult. They are so understaffed that everything takes forever. As an example, I received my final retainers a few months ago. There are some sharp edges and gaps that are a QC problem. I wrote to them right away and explained the issue. A few weeks later I had a video chat with one of their specialists that recommended taking new molds for the retainers and said she'd have them sent out soon. She admitted that they had been having problems being responsive because there weren't enough people, but said they had hired a few more and maybe it wouldn't be so bad. More than a month later, still wearing retainers that are cutting my mouth and tongue, they haven't sent the new molding kit. The entire time with them has been like this.

Byte response

Hi, Ann-Marie, and thank you for your feedback, it is very helpful for us. We would like to investigate further and help in any way we can. Please reach out via the form at patient.byte.com/support or via phone at 877-298-3669 so we can begin to assist! Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

I used the complete set of Byte aligners for the recommended timeframe. My crooked front tooth straightened somewhat but it was still twisted. However the Hyper Byte vibrating gadget that must be used 20 minutes every day actually loosens your teeth so they can move quickly. My teeth did move, but they remained loose and shifts easily. My dentist said I could eventually lose my front teeth that are not stable. Beware of that hyperbyte.

Byte response

Hi, Janet. We want you to know we take this seriously and would like to investigate further as soon as possible. Please reach out via the form at patient.byte.com/support as soon as possible so we can begin to assist. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

Byte customer service and product is an absolute travesty. After 22 weeks of wearing them, the aligners...my teeth are still in the same exact same and position they were in prior to plunking down thousands of dollars. When you speak with their "customer service", and try to explain that their aligners don't fit properly and aren't working, they quickly become condescending, rude and speak down to you like a child. Truly insulting and belittling. You'd be best served by seeing a certified professional orthodontist than working with this fly-by-night organization.

Byte response

Hi Joe. We want you to know we take these concerns very seriously and believe they will be best handled by the Clinical Support Team. They are the team best equipped for aligner concerns, staffed by dental professionals who are fit to assist with remote orthodontic treatment. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. You can also fill out the link at https://patient.byteme.com/ or email us at bytereviews@byteme.com. Thank you and we look forward to finding a resolution for you.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

I foolishly chose to do this rather than Invisalign, because they offer a course with night treatment only, and I have a job where wearing aligners during the day would not work. I'm on tray 25, and have extended the wear on some - per instruction from Byte- for weeks on end. It's been years. And the one crooked tooth I started this whole thing to fix- it's still crooked.

When their 'treatment plan' doesn't work - which I suspect happens a lot - they require that you send a ton of photos, which in itself isn't unreasonable. But then the response is - go back to your last aligner for longer. Then it's- send us more photos. So I send more photos. Then it's- schedule a video call. So I do that. On the call, I'm told they need me to fill out more paperwork and send MORE photos - this is insane. Then, and only then, will they send a new impression kit. Which I assume will take six weeks to process. I'm beyond done with this process, and have gotten nothing out of it. My teeth were basically fine before, I have one crooked tooth that moved after I had my childhood braces off. Otherwise, no issues. And that tooth is still crooked several thousand dollars and years later.

Byte response

Hello Amanda, thank you for sharing this feedback and we are sorry to hear this was your experience. While we understand each person's dental anatomy may be different and will reflect results at different rates, we offer our Aligner Guarantee to ensure we help each customer get the results we projected for them. Since our treatment is remote, we require photos and additional information to ensure we can fully evaluate the progress and accuracy of the aligners. We will be happy to look further into any concerns and provide further assistance. Please feel free to reach out to us at patient.byte.com/support or call us at 877-298-3669.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

TL:DR: Not worth it. Sure, it's cheaper than traditional options, but in the long run you might find yourself having to get traditional braces because Byte cannot fix your smile. It takes forever to hear back from customer service, and when you do, it still takes weeks to receive any new aligners needed. I would absolutely NOT recommend Byte. They ask for reviews from people very early on and I gave them 5 stars in my first reviews. I think this is how they maintain very good ratings, and most people probably do not bother updating their review if things go wrong somewhere down the line. I have been updating all my reviews to 1 star. I was 9 weeks into my 21 week journey with Byte. Everything was going very smoothly with Byte until the end. Somewhere near the end, a bottom tooth of mine got rotated and I could not close my mouth with the tooth like that. This was likely "user error", as I was the one in control of changing my aligners.

However, as a user, you are told to change your aligners weekly, which is exactly what I did. I was following all the rules they give you - using HyperByte (for probably 30+ minutes) daily, changing aligners weekly, and keeping them in for the maximum time I could each day. However, they do not give enough guidance on signs to look for when changing aligners. I don't think this is a Byte-specific problem though. I have a friend who is doing Invisalign and she had the same problem I did. When I contacted Byte about this, they sent me more aligners to fix this issue. When that set of aligners didn't fix it, another set got sent, then another one, then another one. There was a lot of email communication between us during this time where they tried to help me solve my issue, but the truth is that there are some issues that they cannot solve virtually.

I sent them pictures and videos of my teeth multiple times, and even had to redo my impressions a couple of times. Today, (Nov 2022), a year and a half after I started Byte, my smile is not fixed. I have gone through 37 top aligners and 46 bottom ones. I was initially told it would be 5 months of treatment, 19 top/21 bottom. Over a year later and double the aligners, my smile is not fixed. I visited an orthodontist today and she said that my actual bite is messed up now and if I do not fix it it will cause jaw pain down the road. I showed her pictures of my teeth before Byte and she agreed that I had no alignment issues prior to starting Byte, so therefore Byte is the reason that my teeth do not align correctly.

I am not able to move forward with braces until my teeth have moved back into their natural positions, essentially undoing everything that Byte did. The orthodontist said that they are not able to fix my teeth the way they currently are. I will not be continuing with Byte and have requested a refund since the orthodontist recommended that I do not continue with Byte. I will update the review if I am actually able to get a refund.

Byte response

Hello Marissa, we can understand your frustrations. Every person's anatomy is different and sometimes teeth can be a bit more stubborn than we anticipated. We want to look into your concerns and do what we can to help. These concerns are best handled by the Clinical team. They are the team best equipped for aligner concerns, staffed by Dental professionals who are fit to assist with remote Orthodontic treatment. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. You can also fill out the link at https://patient.byteme.com/ or email us at bytereviews@byteme.com to connect with the Clinical Team.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

DO NOT BUY FROM BYTE. When I originally ordered my aligners from them, they DID NOT send me my bottom aligners and I had to ASK to have them send it to me. I have air gaps in my current aligners to which I am getting the run around with trying to send pictures to them and they keep telling me to send the same pictures. I've emailed at least 3 people who have sent me an automated message about sending a picture without air gaps and I've explained that they all have them or do not fit and they will not do anything about it. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. THEY ARE A FRAUD

Byte response
Hi, Ashley, and thank you for your review. Your feedback is very helpful for us. We would

like to help in any way we can. Please send us an email at bytereviews@byteme.com as soon as possible so we can begin to assist. Thank you!

Byte Company Information