4.6/5 (2503 ratings)

About Byte

Byte makes clear plastic aligners to help customers 12 and over straighten their teeth with no office visits. Certified dentists and orthodontists design treatment plans and monitor progress remotely. Patients see results in an average of two to six months. Byte offers financing options with 100% approval for both its all-day and nighttime-only aligners. Order an impression kit risk-free; if you aren’t a good candidate, Byte refunds the price.

Pros

• Short treatment lengths
  • 100% approval for financing
  • Nighttime-only option
  • Lifetime guarantee

Cons

• Not everyone is a candidate
  • Nighttime aligners are pricier

Bottom Line

Byte's costs are on the higher end, but the company approves 100% of applicants for financing. Treatment times are short, and the company guarantees results for life.

Byte Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Byte?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Byte?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

I have had a great experience so far with Byte! I’ve answered all my questions and have worked with me when I needed different solutions! It has been a seamless experience and is incredibly simple and easy to do! I would highly recommend Byte to anyone who wants to straighten their teeth without the hassle of going to the orthodontist and without the expense!

Byte response

Thank you for the great review, Kari! We do what we can to make this a seamless and stress-free experience. We are thrilled to hear that our team did just that, and was able to help answer all of your questions. We are excited to be on this journey with you, and we can't wait to see your new smile!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I’ve had a good experience overall, but also some complications because I can’t always use email and customer service doesn’t really check in to resolve concerns, which I did have and still do now before finishing treatment. Can someone please reach out to clarify what my next steps are before retainers?? One of my teeth still isnt in place!

Byte response

Thank you for your feedback, Jessica. We can understand your frustrations. We would like to provide some insight into our processes. All treatment at Byte is done from the comfort of home, which means that most of our communication is done through email or text message. We can understand that those may not be the easiest options for everyone, and we do apologize. We have flagged this over to our Customer Care team and someone will be giving you a call today by the end of the business day. You can also reach our team at 877-298-3669 Monday-Sunday 8:00AM-6:00PM MST.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

This whole process has been quite manageable. I never had braces before, but one of my kids did & my my sister did, when we were little, so I assumed it would be much more of an ordeal, but mine situation was just cosmetic, so not very complicated. The cost was reasonable & the offer, to straighten & whiten your teeth in less than 6 months is pretty unbeatable. I chose to do 10 hours a day rather than 22, so my treatment will take longer. But it's still like 4 months. I’ve got a bit more to do, maybe 4 more weeks. My teeth look a lot better! They’re way straighter, & I wasn’t sure if I’d even like them changed at all, but of course, they really do look better straighter & whiter. The whitening stuff is great because it is mild but effective over time, as you’d want it. Customer service has been quite good. The tooth vibrate thing is weird but they take it very seriously so I try to do it a lot. All in all, pretty painless with good results.

Byte response

Thank you for sharing your experience, Rudie. Our goal is to make this process as seamless and stress-free as possible. We are so happy to hear you are seeing the progress in your smile. The HyperByte may take some time to get used to, but it does so much for your treatment. It is FDA cleared to safely straighten your teeth in up to half the time of most other options out there. It also improves the accuracy of teeth movement and even helps reduce discomfort when switching trays. We can't wait to see your new smile!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

I am only halfway through my aligners, however the experience I have received so far has been great! I have used other Aligners in the past, but Byte has been better, in terms of the service received from day 1, and the service offerings for the package. The process is easier and more flexible if things go wrong, or if you need help. I am very happy with Byte so far!

Byte response

Throughout your entire treatment, our customer care team is here to provide you support and answer all your questions. We want this journey to be as easy and effortless as possible. We're so happy to hear that our team has been able to do this for you! We can't wait to see your new smile, we hope you'll share some results photos :)

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

The aligners have made a big difference for sure! The main reason I got them was to help close a gap between two teeth in the lower right side of my mouth. Hasn't happened completely yet, but I feel confident these workers will do the job in the end.

Byte response

We are thrilled to hear you are seeing a noticeable change in your smile already. As you're getting to the final steps of your treatment, our team is here for you! Let us know if you have any questions. We can't wait to see your final results :)

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Good Morning Byte Team, I wanted to take a moment to acknowledge the excellent customer service that Larissa ** demonstrated when helping me obtain information on Byte services. After researching your competitors I found that Byte was the answer. Larissa was patient and provided me with all the necessary information on the Byte process and answered all my concerned questions so that I could make an informed decision. Larissa is an asset to your organization and played a significant role in my decision to move forward with the process. I am in week #3 of the Byte process and so far so good. I am extremely pleased. Thank you, Sonya.

Byte response

We are so happy to hear that Larissa has been able to provide you with an awesome and positive experience so far. Our whole Byte team is dedicated to getting you the smile of your dreams and making this whole process as easy as possible. We're so happy to have you a part of the Byte family :)

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Byte has been a great alternative to an otherwise costly ‘in-office’ partnered provider. Still costly though, and perhaps that is where the lack of personnel interaction during this experience factors in. Granted, they were very present in the beginning before I signed up and paid hundreds of dollars. I am still in the process of my alignment journey, and while my domestic partner has noticed a difference, no others have. I can most definitely tell a difference, however, with less than three weeks to go on my bottom teeth, I have concerns. I suppose they could still straighten out within that timeframe, but I’m surprised the company hasn’t checked in on my progress.

I did complete a ‘check-in’ where I took more photos, but was then informed that the pictures and process was only for my own reference after the alignment timeframe. You would think that there would be an official check-in before completion of the alignment journey with personnel, ensuring that my teeth should be where they are supposed to be at this point in time. Perhaps they follow-up upon completion, and I suppose I still have some time to find out.

Byte response

Hi there, we are sorry to hear that you have not heard from anyone since purchasing your aligners. Once making that purchase, you should receive an email confirmation as well as check-in emails about every 2 weeks to make sure you are progressing as projected. At times, these emails may get stuck in a spam or junk folder. With this said, we want to make sure you are able to connect to the appropriate party and receive the assistance needed and check your progress on the lower teeth. We are here to support you and get you that smile you have dreamed of! If you still have had issues hearing from our team, please reach out at 877-298-3669 during normal business hours MST Monday-Sunday and our team would be happy to assist! If none of our representatives are available, please select the callback option so the next available representative can give you a callback, or send us a DM through FB and we'd be happy to help

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I fell behind in my treatment due to teeth sensitivity and a medication increasing my appetite which caused me to not be able to wear my aligners all day as prescribed. Customer service and my care team were super understanding, responsive and overall right there by my side every step of the way! Super awesome people, I recommend them to anyone who needs a “smile-enhancer” or FIX!

Byte response

Samantha, thank you for sharing your experience. We know that things happen and treatment doesn't always go as planned, we are happy to hear that our team was able to help. From beginning to end we are here to support you throughout your journey. We can't wait to see your final results!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

Literally from the packaging to the customer service to the retainers themselves, I was so pleased with Byte! Even though it was the cheapest option compared to regular Invisalign or other brands, the quality is amazing still. I highly recommend this to anyone who doesn't want to use braces.

Byte response

Yaay! Thank you for this amazing review, Jacqueline! We are proud to prove a more affordable option to get the smile of your dreams. We can't wait to see your new smile!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I’ve tried 2 out of the 3 big names aligner companies (one I’m not even going to try because of the cost) and BYTE by far has been the most helpful, personalized, and easiest to use. I see much more improvement with just these first couple of weeks than I did with the other company. Highly recommend

Byte response

This makes us so happy to hear, Ciarra! We are excited to hear you are already seeing improvement, and we can't wait to see the final results. Thank you for the amazing review.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

Best customer service!! Very minimum pain but it's going to be 100% worth it! Remember beauty takes pain!! There's So many pros... I'm only on week 6 and my friends & family can notice a difference especially on how white they are...

Byte response

Yes, it will definitely be worth it! We know the importance of getting the support you need throughout treatment. We are thrilled to hear that our team has done that. We are so excited to hear that you are seeing the progress, and we can't wait to see your new smile! Thank you for the great review, Tiphani.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

Not only did I literally just give up after 4 rounds. When I ordered a new set of retainers that I needed asap, Byte took 3x longer than the first time and told me it was "expedited". Just disappointing for me honestly.

Byte response

Katherine, thank you for your feedback. We can understand your frustrations. We always want to do what we can to get your retainers to you as soon as possible. We would be happy to hear your feedback, address your concerns, and do what we can to make this right. Give our team a call at 877-298-3669. We are standing by for support!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

Starting Byte, I was definitely nervous but also excited. I was looking forward to finally closing the gap between my front two teeth. It was something I was insecure about my entire life. Now, with only a few weeks of treatment left, I couldn’t be happier with how my teeth look. I am constantly getting compliments about how amazing my teeth. I am beyond happy that I chose byte.

Byte response

We are so happy that you chose Byte! We are thrilled to hear that you are loving your progress so far. You are so close to the final result, and we can't wait to see it! Thank you for the great review, Brenna!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

Hasty response and delivery. Good quality product. Convenient and very portable. The HyperByte definitely helps with discomfort and I’m sure it speeds up the process too. I’m happy so far. I used to have wisdom teeth pain and somehow these aligners have helped with that.

Byte response

The HyperByte treatment accelerator is a game-changer! Thank you for your review:)

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

It's a legit company. You will get the service they are offering. For me, I had a very very slight change that I wanted so my only issue was that it was a little expensive for what I needed, but it's the same price as competitors. One tooth needs adjustment and the adjustment process wasn't so great. A really long process and they sent me adjustment retainers that didn't even fit. That's really my only complaint.

Byte response

Hi there! We appreciate you taking the time to leave this awesome review. We want to leave you with a 5-star experience, so if we can do anything to improve this experience for you, we want to know! Email us at support@byteme.com and we would love to help:)

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

Happy to see these actually work, very good for a very reasonable price. Customer service has been great along the way and looking forward to my results at the end. Would recommend to anyone wanting a cheaper yet effective way to straighten their teeth.

Byte response

Hi Brennagh! We are so excited to be on this journey with you. Thanks for sharing such an awesome review. We also are so excited to see your brand new smile :) So do not hesitate to reach out with any questions you may have. Be sure to share some progress photos with us too :)

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

It’s been so easy starting the process of straightening my teeth without wearing braces! Byte has it down right. It’s so easy and affordable. You can’t go wrong with them. This has been by far the best decision I’ve made for myself!

Byte response

We are proud to offer a more convenient way to straighten your teeth! We are so glad to hear about your positive experience. Thank you for your review!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

I sent an email asking about my plan in further detail, and the representative was quick to respond with a thorough answer. Customer service is fantastic! I have been so pleased with the personal interest each Byte representative has taken to help me in my pursuit of straight teeth.

Byte response

Thank you! During treatment, our customers have the support of our entire Customer Care team. If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out at support@byteme.com or give us a call at 877-298-3669. :)

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

So far I absolutely love these. I love the small jokes and labels for each box I have gotten. I can also already feel my teeth moving. ☺️ They do hurt for a little while but overnight they loosen up a bit and feel much better!

Byte response

We are so happy you are loving it! Thank you so much for your great review:)

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

Customer service is amazing. My experience so far with the aligners has been great. I finished my initial treatment and now I am working on my refinement aligners. The freebies that Byte offers is also a great perk. Would highly recommend byte to anyone.

Byte response

Thank you so much for the amazing review, we really appreciate it! Our team is here to make your entire Byte journey as easy and stress-free as possible and we are thrilled to hear our customer care team was able to provide that to you. If you ever have any questions, concerns, or just want someone to hype up your progress, our team is here for you :)

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I have been using my Byte aligners for a week and a half. I am still on set one as I was having some fit issues. I reached out to the Byte team and they couldn’t have been more helpful. Everyone I have spoken to from all departments have gone above and beyond to make sure that I am satisfied and that I am making progress as I should. I’m so impressed with the support I’ve received and also that I can tell the aligners are already effective based on continued ease of extraction.

Byte response

Our team is here for you every step of the way. We know that going through a smile transformation journey is a big deal and we want to make sure you feel comfortable throughout the entire experience. We are so glad to hear our customer care team has been able to help you out and provide you with such a positive experience. Thanks so much for the review!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

As soon as you sign up, Byte encourages people to submit reviews so they can get free whitener. That’s why there are so many positive reviews, I reviewed before I had even received my aligners. I am coming back now and re-submitting a review that actually reflects my experience. TLDR; the aligners didn’t work and Byte won’t issue me a refund.

Byte told me I was eligible for their aligner system. I believe their evaluation was incorrect; they should have told me I was not eligible. My dentist took one look at my teeth, after telling her about my experience with Byte, and just shook her head and said “Yeah, you wouldn’t be able to fix this with aligners, you’d need to see an orthodontist.” So they are either incompetent or intentionally lying. Neither reason would make me ever recommend their service to anyone. First, they don’t appropriately teach you how to tell when you can move on from one set to another. They just give a blanket prescriptive answer that you wear each set for 1 week and use the HyperByte, and that a new set will feel a little tight at first.

My first attempt, I got to week 5 or 6 and was in a lot of pain. It turns out, you shouldn’t see any empty space between the top of your tooth and the aligner. If I would’ve known that, I wouldn’t have tried to move on. I read the instructions and material thoroughly, and this was not mentioned anywhere. They reviewed my case, told me I would need to wear the aligners longer than the 1 week, gave me this information about the extra space, and said they would send me new molds and new aligners at no charge.

They did do that, and they did it promptly. However with the new sets, knowing the guideline about that extra space, I wore week 1 consistently for 2 months. If you’re not familiar, the prescribed amount of time is 1 week. I was only wearing them at night and was told I could do this for 2 weeks. The extra space never went away. The aligners simply didn’t work. And I was diligent about wearing them for the amount of time recommended and using HyperByte.

Now, they will not issue me a refund, even though the aligners unequivocally failed to move my teeth. They do have good customer service, and I have to give them credit there. But it doesn’t matter if their aligners don’t even work. So either their orthodontists who evaluate people for eligibility are incompetent or fraudulent.

And before anyone thinks I didn’t wear the aligners as prescribed: I was diligent. When I had braces as a kid, I actually wore my rubber bands exactly as the orthodontist directed and got them off in a few short months. If you’ve ever had braces, you know most kids don’t wear their rubberbands as directed and end up prolonging that phase of their treatment by months or even years. I am the kind of person who is diligent and thorough. And Byte, before you respond to this review with “Please reach out and let us know how we can make this right”— I’ll tell you right now, the only way you can make this right is to issue me a full refund. If you have any other offer, don’t bother.

Byte response

Hi Lillian. We would love to provide further clarification. Because Byte is a custom, medical product we do not offer refunds. However, we are dedicated to giving you the smile of your dreams and doing everything we can to get you those projected results. Additionally, at Byte your safety is our number one priority! Rest assured, all treatment is doctor-directed from start to finish. We have a network of nationwide duly licensed dentists and orthodontists. Our orthodontists and dentists follow the same Standards of Care that their peers utilize in the states they are licensed in. They are regulated by the same dental boards as traditional orthodontic practices, and as such, the same principles and processes are utilized by the affiliated doctors. These standards of care guide the doctors when treating our customers. We would love to get you connected with our professional care team so they can chat with you more about this and address any further questions or concerns you have. Please give us a call at 877-298-3669.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

My smile is better than it has ever been! Yay! The care team really is the best part of Byte. They have been responsive and helpful the whole way! From when I first inquired to the final stages of my journey.

Byte response

Thank you! Our Customer Care team is here for each customer throughout the entire Byte journey. We appreciate your feedback!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

My experience with Byte has been so simple and easy. So far I am loving the results and I am so happy I didn't spend a fortune for straight teeth! I will highly recommend Byte to my friends and family.

Byte response

Byte is proud to be the best value in the orthodontic space! Thank you for taking the time to submit this awesome review!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

I was worried about the Byte aligners at first, but they are great! They fit great and you never have to worry about them not "staying on". The Brightbyte is also so good. It cleans the aligners and gives you beautiful white teeth. It has been really cool to watch my teeth slowly move into place to give me a beautiful smile.

Byte response

We are so excited for you and your new, brighter smile! We are here for every customer the whole way through, so don't hesitate to reach out with any questions:)

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

My experience with Byte has been pretty good so far. The aligners appear to be working and response from customer service has been adequate. They needed to contact me sooner for the second aligners shipment so there is not a gap while they make them.

Byte response

We appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback. It is important to us that every customer feels supported throughout the entire Byte journey. If you are ever in need of immediate assistance, please feel free to call us at 877-298-3669 and our team would be happy to help:)

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

I have been using my aligners for over a month and so far the whole experience has been very positive. Taking the impressions was easy and the aligners fit well and come in separate pouches for each week. If you are considering at home aligners then Byte is a good choice.

Byte response

We are so happy to hear about your experience so far. We are here for you any time you have questions. Thank you for your review!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

My experience with Byte has been very great so far. I’m in week 11 out of week 20 and I can see great results. My teeth are straighter and spaces gaps have been closed up. Hyberbyte really helps the process as well. Brytebyte has also helped whiten my teeth and has given me a brighter smile.

Byte response

We are so excited that you can already see your great results. Thank you for taking the time to provide this review. :)

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

I am 6 weeks in using the Byte aligners to straighten my smile. The kit they send you to do impressions are easy to use. The byte team is so helpful if you need them. I am excited to report that I see a big difference already and hardly any discomfort. I wish I would have done it sooner.

Byte response

This is so exciting! Thank you for sharing this review. We are here if you ever have any questions:)

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

I loved the fact that everything arrived so fast, the kit is so pretty and easy to follow. I was very excited to start my treatment and I started seeing results right away... I did not have to be wasting time making appointments at a doctor's office or wearing braces for years. Easy team to reach and I love my experience.. I definitely recommend it!

Byte response

We do what we can to provide you with an experience that works best for your lifestyle and needs. We want to make sure this process is as easy, and stress-free as possible so we are happy to hear that your Byte journey has been convenient for you. Thank you for your great review, Karla!

Byte Company Information