3.8/5 (289 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Amelia York
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Byte

Byte makes clear plastic aligners to help customers straighten their teeth with no office visits. Certified dentists and orthodontists design treatment plans and monitor progress remotely. Patients see results in an average of two to six months. Byte offers financing options with 100% approval for both its all-day and nighttime-only aligners. Order an impression kit risk-free; if you aren’t a good candidate, Byte refunds the price.

Pros

• Short treatment plans
  • 100% approval for financing
  • Nighttime-only option
  • Lifetime guarantee

Cons

• Not everyone is a candidate
  • Nighttime aligners are pricier

Bottom Line

Byte's costs are on the higher end, but the company approves 100% of applicants for financing. Treatment times are short, and the company guarantees results for life.

Byte Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Byte?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Byte?

Original review: April 9, 2022

I've been a customer with Byte since 2020. My experience has been good but there is definitely room for improvement with the professional care team. I feel that the customers should be able to choose their care professional as we make relationships with our care advisor. Not all of the care team show that same compassion so we should be able to choose.

Byte response

Hi Aishah, thank you for this feedback! Our whole Byte team is dedicated to ensuring that every customer has the best experience and support from start to finish. While some cases arise that require our Professional Care Team's assistance, they will work to get any questions or concerns resolved with the most attentive care to guarantee success. If there is anything we can assist with please give us a call at 866-240-9571 or email us at patient.byte.com/support!

Original review: April 9, 2022

At first this seemed like a great choice, but as my treatment got near the ‘end’ - there was poor follow up and direction from the Byte team. I still have correction left but they keep cautioning me to wait two more weeks and then we will go from there. Also - one of the aligners chipped a small piece on my front tooth which they blamed on my teeth - they’ve been fine for years before using this system. Spent the extra money and go with a real company with real support.

Byte response

Hi Kenneth, we would like to look further into this. We are limited to what we can discuss on public platforms though. Please send us a message over social media, or head to patient.byte.com/support for further assistance. We look forward to hearing from you!

Original review: April 9, 2022

I purchased the Byte Daytime treatment plan package for all-day aligners for my son ($1,895.00) on 10/31/2020. It was a total of 24 top aligners and 21 bottom. The first set was the first 15 aligners. I emailed with issues of excessive bleeding on 1/9/2021. Explained blood was coming out from around the teeth and filling up his aligners. No cuts or abrasions. The teeth were moving, loose and bleeding. Was told it was normal. The bleeding was sporadic, we left some in for 2 weeks instead of the 1 week. Thought this might help the bleeding and loose teeth if it were more gradual.

On 4/14 I had emailed, we were on week 12/15. 4/19 they requested updated photos of his teeth. Had to resend them 3 times, as they were having "technical difficulties" over 3 weeks, they acknowledged the receipt on 5/9. Stated it would be 3-4 weeks before the other liners to be shipped and continue to wear step 15 aligners until we started the next step so he didn't lose progress. We were happy to leave the step 15 in and it seemed to help ease the bleeding and some discomfort. In the meantime, we received the 2nd shipment. Because he was getting so much relief from staying in step 15 he continued to use them until October.

On 10/12 I messaged them that we had went to transition to the next aligners and they did not fit. They requested we fill out a Professional care support request, which we did immediately. On 10/19 I emailed them to follow up, as I hadn't heard back. They stated that they had sent an email. I received it later that day. They were requesting more photos/info, I sent. On 10/26 they requested MORE photos/info, I sent. They had us trim the liners/use warm water to get them to fit -did not work. We had to do new impressions. After receiving them they did not fit either.

Meanwhile he was in the step 15 so long he got a bad mouth infection. Doctor believes from wearing same liners too long, they have bacteria build-up. Since the "new" liners don't fit again, we just want a refund. Upon denial, I filed a complaint with The BBB. They keep replying to my case that they will reach out to me, but I have not gotten any new correspondence. I know they offer a lifetime guarantee, but that doesn't mean much if the aligners don't fit. I would highly recommend choosing a different company.

Byte response

Hello Nichole, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention! It is important for us to ensure each customer's treatment is safe and effective whether that means taking alternative routes to get the promised results. We want to look into your concerns ASAP. Please give our team a call at 866-765-2327 or send us an email at patient.byte.com/support

Original review: April 6, 2022

My experience with Byte has been amazing. The most important thing for me is the customer service. They are always prompt with their response and someone is always willing to help. They were very helpful with sending me my second set of aligners after the first set didn’t work out. Definitely recommend!

Byte response
Zainab, we are happy to hear about your experience! We strive to be there for our customers as much as possible

throughout the process. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!

Original review: April 4, 2022

So far my experience has been positive. There are things here and there that could be improved on just for ease of use. We're supposed to keep all the aligners but the packages are not resealable. This means, in addition to keeping the aligners (and for myself, the packaging to keep them in order), I also need to get and keep a zip lock bag for each set as well. If the original pouch that it came in was resealable, it would just be more convenient and less wasteful. Another thing that would be useful would be if it came with more than one file for the aligners. I have an 18-week plan but need to file the rougher edges for each one and it dulls the file pretty quickly. I've had a great experience so far, but just a few things that I think might improve the experience for future users!

Byte response
Hey Gina, thank you so much for that feedback! We value hearing
how we can improve the experience for our customers while they are in treatment.
We will pass this information to the appropriate department to review for treatment

plans moving forward. Please let us know if there is anything we help with moving forward. You can reach our team at patient.byte.com/support or by phone at 877-298-3669.

Original review: April 1, 2022

The system is so easy to use. I just started week #4 and I already see the results. I haven’t had any pain. There has been very little soreness to my teeth. People don’t notice that I am wearing my aligners.

Byte response

Hey Rebecca! Thank you for sharing your experience so far. So excited for you!

Original review: March 31, 2022

I’ve been self conscious about my teeth my whole life. Even tho most say my teeth are perfect already, they weren’t for me. I did some research and not only does Byte have the option for me to wear my aligners only while I sleep, but it’s EXTREMELY affordable compared to some of the competitors. They’re also more comfortable than I expected, and are easy to adjust to! If that’s not enough, the process was incredibly fast! From the moment I made the down payment, I was told that it would take about 5 weeks at most to get my kit and start my journey. My retainers showed up 11 days later. I was pumped! I had a personal customer service rep that I could text on the phone and get quick answers! It was great and I recommend Byte to anyone reading this!

Byte response

Hi Samantha! Thank you for this amazing review! Here at Byte, we pride ourselves on providing the best service from the moment you order the impression kit all the way to the end of treatment. Our goal is to make sure that our customers have an enjoyable experience and reach their desired smile. We are so happy for you!

Original review: March 30, 2022

My aligners do not fit correctly and they will not refund or fix the problem. They do not even go on my back teeth at all. I should be in my second set but the first barely fit. I’m dissatisfied with the product.

Byte response

Hi Jessica! Our goal is to make sure that our customers have an enjoyable experience through every part of the process. If there are any concerns regarding the aligners' progression, quality, and fitting, our Professional Care Team is here to help. Customers can schedule a phone or video conference at any point during treatment through their customer portal. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Please reach out to us at support@byteme.com or give our team a call at (877) 298-3669 to further address any concerns you are experiencing. We look forward to connecting.

Original review: March 30, 2022

Byte Specialist Team phone call meeting. Amber-Jade M., CDA was friendly, knowledgeable and professional. She was thorough and explained everything clearly. It was a pleasure talking with her. My dental treatment plan with Byte is a little more complicated because I also have implants and crowns happening separately but concurrently with the byte plan. The byte team Is making sure that they are taking the best course of action for my treatment. I am impressed with this company!

Lieke **

Byte response

Hi Lieke! Thanks for your amazing review! Our priority at Byte is to make each customer treatment as simple, smooth, and supportive as possible. Please reach out if you have any further questions or comments.

Original review: March 30, 2022

When I was a kid the richest guy in town was the orthodontist. This product just makes the ortho on the verge of obsolete. I just love that. I went around town to investigate doing this using the "Big Name" which is administered through a dentist/ortho. I compared that to this and went with this. Same upside, no downside, all for 1/3 of the cost. Are you kidding me? I love that. The "Big Name" can go pound sand.

Byte response

Hello Andre! We are proud to offer a more convenient way to straighten your teeth. Thank you for your amazing review!

Original review: March 30, 2022

We are very pleased with our experience thus far. The initial set up process was easy to follow. My daughter’s treatment plan is progressing nicely. We are pleased with our results 14 weeks in. Anytime we’ve had questions our concerns have been answered quickly.

Byte response

We are so happy to hear this, Cathe ! We want every customer to feel supported and cared for the whole way through!

Original review: March 30, 2022

Very impressed with the customer service. Whenever I experienced an issue, no matter how minor, it was always taken care of right away. I had a lot of spacing on top after getting my wisdom teeth removed and in just 6 months, they were close to perfect again. Thank you Byte Team!

Byte response

We are proud to offer a more convenient way to straighten teeth! Thank you for your review, Katie!

Original review: March 30, 2022

The whole process is easy. I'm on week 3 and I see a difference already. Overall happy with the whole experience. Scheduling monthly payments is also simple. It is easy to send pictures each week so the dentist can make sure you're on track.

Byte response

Thank you, Alexander! Our team is here to guide and support every step of the way. If you have any questions through the process please reach out to us! We're standing by for support

Original review: March 30, 2022

Everything works more or less fine and easy, but every step I go forward, I must trim and modify the lower aligner around the molars as you suggested. It is the only way to make it fit. But so far I'm getting the hang of it, and I'm pretty happy with the results that are starting to show.

Byte response

We're so excited for you, Alicia! Our team is here to guide and support every step of the way. If you have any questions through the process please reach out to us! We're standing by for support

Original review: March 30, 2022

I love it :)). I feel my teeth shifting already and I’m only on week 3! It’s amazing how fast it's already working. Keep up with the good work! Only downside is I barely hear from you guys, other than that, love it!

Byte response

We are so thrilled for you, Re’Nyah!

Original review: March 30, 2022

So far so good. It's been a couple issues with the back feeling like it's not really gripping but when I use the Hyper Byte and kind of chew down it begins to fit and this problem don't last more than ten minutes so it's ok now. Thank you!!

Byte response

HyperByte is the BEST! Thank you so much, Daryl, we are so excited for you!

Original review: March 30, 2022

Loving the night time wear of the Byte aligners! I’m coming in on my last week of week 3 and am seeing some improvements, excited to start week four! The night time gives me the freedom during the day and all the movement in my mouth at night. What a great product. And my teeth are super white from the whitening product!

Byte response

Hi Sarah , we are very happy to hear this! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. We are always standing by to support.

Original review: March 30, 2022

Everything was great, strong product. Easy to use. I wish Byte offered interest free payment plan. I put the whole treatment cost on my credit card, this was fine, but not preferable. Overall, working with Byte as a company has been nice, I enjoy that they are casual and will text me.

Byte response

Hi Jake! Thanks for your review. Our priority at Byte is to make each customer treatment as simple, smooth, and supportive as possible. Please reach out if you have any further questions or comments.

Original review: March 30, 2022

Everything went well. The packaging was beautiful. Providing a link for others to get the same product was very convenient. Creating an account was easy, doing the molds was a blast and pre package slip being provided was super helpful. Agents are are quick to help if needed.

Byte response

Yay, Andrea! We are so happy to hear about this. Our team's goal is to make our customers' smile transformation as seamless and stress-free as possible. Thanks for the review!

Original review: March 30, 2022

My Byte advisor on multiple occasions missed scheduled phone calls without any warning or communication, gave inaccurate information on multiple occasions to straightforward questions (namely about financial questions and how that process worked), and then did not respond when I asked her about the discrepancy between what she had told me and what I was seeing for myself when I was making payments. I have had no communication from her since and had no idea how to seek a new byte advisor.

Byte response

Hi Abbey, we want to do everything to ensure each customer progresses well and feels supported through each step. It's important to make sure that we can address these concerns and do what we can to help as soon as possible. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. Please give us a call and let's make sure you are being taken care of!

Original review: March 30, 2022

So far so good! I'm almost four weeks into treatment and have been incredibly happy with the process and progress thus far. Looking forward to seeing additional changes soon. Love the fact that you're whitening while the retainers are working!

Byte response

Hi Bethany! We are so excited to hear this, thank you for writing in and sharing! Please do not hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions!

Original review: March 29, 2022

Each week flies by when I get to switch my retainers out for the new set! The first few days my teeth are a little sore from moving around but the HyperByte helps immensely! I cannot wait for my 21 week process to be complete. Highly recommend to anyone who wants a perfect smile. Thank you Byte!

Byte response

YAY, Candra! Sweet review, thank you.

Original review: March 29, 2022

I am VERY dissatisfied with Byte. After sending in my impressions and pictures I was told I was good. So I paid $1900.00 and when I got my aligners I only received them for my top teeth. After emails and trying to get ahold of Byte by phone, which no one would ever answer... I finally heard from them saying I was only good for single arch because my bottom tooth was too complex. They didn't give me the option to continue or cancel. Why would I pay $1900.00 to fix 2 teeth on top when my bottom teeth are what I really wanted straightened. I told them I have tried 2 weeks of the top aligners and now that my tooth is moved a little bit it hits my bottom tooth when I eat and scrapes and hurts. I asked to be reimbursed because I was told everything was good then they just decide I would pay for what???? Only fixing my top teeth??

I would have preferred if they turned me down initially so I could use the money to go to a dentist since that's what they told me I would need to do AFTER they kept my money and sent me top aligners. I wish I would've read other complaints through the Better Business Bureau, I wouldn't be out $1900.00 that I really shouldn't have spent. To fix only upper teeth..... really???? Come on Byte. Admit it, you are wrong!!!!

Byte response

Hi Kimberly, we want to do everything to ensure each customer progresses well and feels supported through each step. It's important to make sure that we can address these concerns and do what we can to help as soon as possible. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. Please give us a call and let's make sure you are being taken care of!

Original review: March 29, 2022

The whole process has been very easy and stress free, packaging and communication has been great. I am on week three and loving it so far. Can’t wait to see some visible results. I have had retainers from the orthodontist and honestly the fit of these are far better.

Byte response

Yay, Michelle! We are so happy to hear about this. Our team's goal is to make our customers' smile transformation as seamless and stress-free as possible. Thanks for the review!

Original review: March 29, 2022

It’s such a easy experience! Things are moving along greatly! Everything is super easy to follow! And very smooth shifting of teeth! I love this journey and I’m so excited to see my new teeth! I’m so glad I get to be a part of this!

Byte response

This is fantastic to hear, Spencer! Thank you!

Original review: March 29, 2022

Byte has been very smooth for me so far. The personal consultant who helped me with questions before I ordered them was great, and the aligners have been comfortable enough and easy to use. My only complaint is how large the molds were when I was taking my impressions because I have an unusually small mouth and it was painful. Other than that it has been excellent and for a great price!

Byte response

Hi Hannah! Thanks for your sweet review! You can always reach our support team when the impression kit molds are not your size to change them. If at any time you are unable to connect with our team, please give us a call at 877-298-3669 or send us a direct message through Facebook and our team would be happy to assist.

Original review: March 29, 2022

I finally decided to sign up for the Byte aligners, but I have been extremely disappointed so far. First, I received a notification that my aligners were getting manufactured even before I sent out my impressions. I immediately notified customer service without any response. I ended getting the aligners and finally was able to get hold of customer service whom acknowledged the error and notified me that they had received my impressions. I shipped back the wrong aligners, with the promise that I would be getting the new ones within days. It has been over 4 weeks now. I don’t want to purchase the byte aligners anymore. Please give me back my money! Thanks.

Byte response

Hi Amine, we want to do everything to ensure each customer progresses well and feels supported through each step. It's important to make sure that we can address these concerns and do what we can to help as soon as possible. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. Please give us a call and let's make sure you are being taken care of!

Original review: March 29, 2022

I was told it would take up to 3-6 wks for my impressions to be made. It only took 1 wk. I feel like they were rushed because it cut into my gum and I reached out and was told to cut them down with a nail clipper. These aligners are costing me thousands of dollars. I feel like a little more should be done.

Byte response

Hi Kimberly, if there are any concerns regarding the progression or quality of the aligners, our Professional Care Team is here to help. Customers can schedule a phone or video conference at any point during treatment through their customer portal. We recommend this if there are any lasting questions or concerns. It is important to us to get every customer to their new smile quickly and safely. Please reach out to us at support@byteme.com or give our team a call at (877) 298-3669 to further address any concerns you are experiencing. We look forward to connecting.

Original review: March 29, 2022

Very pleased at 3 weeks in to the process. The aligners are only uncomfortable the first time they are used. By the following morning the discomfort has passed. My teeth look a shade whiter already too. Looking forward to more visual results soon.

Byte response

Hi Tarrah, this is what we love to hear, our Customer Care Team is available all week from 8 am- 6 pm MST via call at (877) 298- 3669 or via email at support@byteme.com

Original review: March 29, 2022

Love the convenience and the comfort! So far everything has far exceeded my expectations! The aligners are comfortable and you can’t even tell they are in! The hyper-byte is super easy to use and makes the process way faster!

Byte response

This is fantastic to hear, Kimberly! Thank you!

Byte Company Information