3.7/5 (109 ratings)

About Anytime Fitness

Anytime Fitness Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anytime Fitness?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anytime Fitness?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

Spend 400 dollar to cancel remaining contract. Stay away from this place. Cant even workout in this place as all machines are either used by one person that will look at their handphone all the time and is a greedy user. Small place and too crowded. There goes my hard earned 400 dollars. Consider it a charity from me.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

Thank you for your attention to this matter in advance. I am an Australian Resident, and a resident of India as well. Due to Covid and family circumstances, I flew back to Kolkata from Melbourne in the month of July. I joined another brand for Gym, in Kolkata since then and continued working out in the gym there until 20th November.

On 21st November I visited the Anytime Fitness, Gariahat Branch (upon reference from a friend and a brand goodwill image that I carried of whilst I was in Australia). At the reception, upon asking for various packages, I was told that the monthly package is Rs10,260/- equivalent to AUD 200 ( approx) and Yearly charges were Rs 27,000 approx. I was not given any rate chart as they mentioned that there is NO RATE CHART SYSTEM. I was also told by one of the girls at the reception that the Contract Agreement will be couriered to my address. I opted for the monthly charge as I mentioned to the receptionist that I will be back in Melbourne soon. I was not given any rate chart which is a usual/mandatory process upon joining. I carried on every day work out since that day and my visiting timings were between 3.00 pm to 5.00 pm IST.

Today at 4.29 PM IST (approx), when I finished my workout, I saw The COO of the company in his cabin and I walked in upon request. I asked him as to why the monthly charges are different from one branch to another in the same city, (as one of my family friend, who works out in the Salt Branch Gym pays Rs20000 annually approx).

INCIDENT: COO of the Franchise Owner, Gariahat Branch, Kolkata, upon asking my question started raising his voice while addressing my query and started to intimidate me by saying that I do not know the city rules, and that I have no clue of the per square feet area cost, and that real estate prices vary and his tone was leading towards threatening and intimidating one.

I started getting very scared and I walked out of the cabin and I approached the general reception area where there were two girls and CTO. I was feeling very nervous by his intimidating behavior and was speechless to understand that my right to ask about my monies that I spend towards the fees was not entertained. The girls at the reception were aware of the uncomfortable incident that is happening and they comforted me and mentioned that they will call the COO to address the matter in a better way. COO came to the reception after 10 minutes of my waiting, and he started threatening me by saying that "Go get lost", "Do what you can". "I have CCTV footage and I can delete" and he walked off.

This incident has scared me as much as got me traumatized. I have sent several emails to the AF HQ India, and as of now, there have been no such evidential/concrete steps taken to identify and resolve this matter. I was told to contact the owners of the Franchise for Gariahat Branch, which I did, and to my dismay, they were constantly trying to pressure me to believe that I am wrong. The Branch Manager of that gym did witness the wrongdoings by the management, and upon speaking up he was fired from his role. A NEVER VISIT OR NEVER PURCHASE BRAND, THIS IS UNFORTUNATELY.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

I used Anytime Fitness Santa Barbara Blvd, Cape Coral for many years. The class instructors went downhill and then they eliminated the free classes I enjoyed and replaced with individual paying classes that were not at convenient times for me. I did them for a while but they were not a great value for someone who was self-motivated. All this before COVID. Bear in mind I had used for years and just paid monthly, supposedly not locked in to any number of years to cancel. I went to office to cancel membership for husband and self at first of year Covid inklings as they were not using masks or social distancing and was convinced to put on hold and not cancel because of fees to cancel.

Now I am charged (November) annual renewal fees on accounts and since one of the credit cards has been changed, a late fee of 44$ (even though it is only 14 days late when they notified me via a collection service of a $15 charge). To cancel, we have to reactivate both accounts, pay a months fee for each (30+32$) and THEN they will cancel in 30 days. So $44 + 15 + 30+32 = $121 to cancel. ANYTIME FITNESS is like a backloaded investment. I was only paying monthly but the contract protocol and fees to cancel is ridiculous and ongoing. Anytime Fitness is ruining their goodwill and reputation by enforcing this policy. I am not under any Covid related duress but I can have empathy for all the members who are facing similar frustrations and are being held hostage by a gym. To me it is worth every penny to be done with their contractual shenanigans and be able to tell people to stay away from Anytime Fitness.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

I had a contract with Anytime Fitness until COVID came along. I noticed I was being charged when the gym was not open and I was appalled. I contacted ABC Whatever by email and they terminated my contract. My name has been reported to a collection agency and they are trying to force me to pay but I refuse because I feel they terminated their contract with me. HELLO, the name of the gym is ANYTIME Fitness. These people are such losers.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

As you know - It's a global pandemic and the gym was closed for months. Many people do not feel comfortable going back to the gym at this time; especially if they or their family memberships have autoimmune issues. My brother had cancer recently and my parents are in their 80s. Multiple Managers did not respond to messages (I have screenshots and emails). After being charged while the gym was closed, I called their financial company who immediately took out my card info and said they would notify management that I needed to cancel or delay my membership until the gym opened/after the pandemic.

ABC financial said they are powerless to make any concessions for the pandemic and closed gym. They said I had to speak to the managers who did not respond for months. They then sent my account to collections demanding a full year of membership (over $500) - after showing them evidence of gym closure and texts showing I reached out to managers who were no longer there - they spoke to Anytime managers and they offered only a $70 credit. I already paid through March 25 (January 1 through March 25 was the last payment) and then they were closed for months. Why would they charge me over $500 for a full 12 months? And why would I have had to resume my membership immediately?

Hundreds of thousands of people are dying and many have contracted it at the gym; confined space with heavy breathing and low ventilation. If they had responded with a reasonable resolution at any point, I would likely have re-started my membership in 2021 or after vaccination. I feel this is a very unfair and unethical business practice.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

Anytime Fitness 4725 Hiawatha Ave, Minneapolis MN is a gym robber! Do not go here! They don't care if you die as long as they can charge your card!! I cancelled early MARCH 2020 due to COVID as the entire country and our state was shut down. Of course no one answered so I left a message to cancel my membership due Anytime Fitness closures as well as I wouldn’t go and risk my life to catch Covid-19.

They charged my card about 5 days after I called for March 2020 dues! I called again early June when the state started opening to ensure it was cancelled and not to be charging my card. I am now receiving threats from Anytime Fitness that they will send $87.16 to collections and to the credit for a membership that was cancelled due to covid pandemic! Now mind, they charged me for March 2020, June 2020, July 2020, August 2020 - $38.83. I had to cancel my bank account number/card on file because no one would get back to me from calling March through August 2020 and leaving messages! They literally robbed me. I don't even live in Minneapolis by this location, told them that on the voicemail I left in March 2020 when I moved and it was the beginning of pandemic!

Again, I am not going to a gym threatening my life during a covid pandemic. Anytime never contacted me at the end of June 2020 stating they will resume charges, they just started charging my card again out of nowhere. I figured because I called and left messages I was ok as they may have been closed still, also I live almost 30 minutes away now. I will be moving forward on an Attorney General Complaint as well as a possible lawsuit, for charging me for a service couldn't use in March, as well as neglecting to return calls to avoid a cancelled customer, affecting my credit by sending me to their collection agency as well as forcing me to pay for a membership that could risk my life!

I want my entire membership refunded for this year and get the hell out of your system! If they want to avoid me, I will speak the truth to many platforms and agency about this unfortunate robbery and forcing me to pay for a gym membership during a world crisis!!! I hope you are ready Anytime Fitness because I will make this national! Your failure to avoid a situation will truly reflect in the time it will take to handle my situation. Is there anyone else out there that has been charged by Anytime Fitness during Covid and shouldn't have? Please let me know as well - thank you!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

Hello, I have been a member at Anytime Fitness for over a year now. I got the membership when I had no bills and extra money. Now I am living on my own, working a full time job, a part time job, and going to college full time on top of this. I can’t afford anything other than my bills and necessities, sometimes able to splurge on a taco from Taco Bell.

My membership fees at anytime fitness are $160 a month with the standard membership fee and personal training as well. Not only do I not have to the time to go to the gym, but I also couldn’t afford it if I wanted to. I went in several months ago to try and cancel it and the best they could do for me is pause the account for six months. The six months is coming to an end, and if I have to pay the membership fees, I will have to choose which of my bills to opt out on, which is not an option. Can someone please tell me if there is a way to get out of the membership? Anytime fitness is no help and I don’t know what to do. It’s a shame that the well being of the individual truly isn’t in their best interest.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

I needed a gym that was open 24 hours, and Anytime was the only option in town. Getting ahold of the staff to set up a visit was a chore, and when I finally made an appointment, the staff member did not show up. I rescheduled, and paid $90 between my first month and key fob fee to get started. Three days later, the club closed with no warning and I am out $90. I contacted them to ask for a refund, and they directed me to a third party that handles their billing. When I contacted the company, they refused to refund my money. The parent company doesn’t seem to hold their franchises to any standards whatsoever, so some are likely better than others, but the failure of my local club is unsurprising.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

The staff was amazing from the time I called to make an appointment and the best news was that I was given a huge discount on membership joining fee which saved me some money of course and once in a while they check how I am doing which makes me feel supported!!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

Anytime Fitness facilities can differ greatly within the same city. You need to do your homework and visit location of interest. Don't write-off all Anytime Fitness locations due to visiting only one site. I travel for work and find that Anytime Fitness is terrific for when traveling. I can usually find one in the city that I am visiting. As far as when back home, the two facilities closest to my home do not enforce mask-wearing. (Even though it is state-mandated.) Nobody is wearing masks and this is a health concern. Travel a few miles away and everyone has a mask on. A good indicator of whether the patrons and owners truly care about their members' health.

Anytime Fitness Company Information